Re: high school redistricting
Date: February 29, 2008 09:28AM
To SL Parents:
1. You won. Try being gracious instead of self-righteous. Honey attracts more bees than piss and vinegar.
2. You won in name only. Like usual, you were played for Stu's stooges. You went ahead and decided to trust a guy who let South Lakes and many of its feeder schools wither on the vine for years. Then, you think he's going to be your savior, but he's not. Why? Because
1. He endlessly antagonized everyone who disagreed with him and hurled insults. You thought this helped you but it didn't. SL parents always did make a lot of good points, but you don't need someone as one-sided and obnoxious as he is to take your side when your points stand on their own merits.
2. With IB being in for at least the next 5 years, many people will pupil place out, and given the number of spaces at available AP high schools, you won't be able to do anything about it. And even many SL parents feel betrayed they don't have a say in AP v IB.
3. Whatever PR job FCPS does with IB is useless because this process has shown their data to be worthless and untrustworthy.
4. In the meantime, Stu and FCPS won't improve Hughes or the feeder schools because you are the ones jumping up and down pretending their are no problems whatsoever notwithstanding data showing that there is.
So, SL, continue to gloat and antagonize people. Call them racist. Go on and gloat all you want and make yourselves feel better. But winning isn't about one day, it's about the long term, and bottom line -- you lost and you did it to yourselves. You are not going to get the numbers you think you will out of this, and you'll wake up 5 years from now pretending it's all becasue everyone is a bunch of mean racists without understanding how to extend a fig leaf by offering AP or endless gloating on your moral superiority antagonizes people even more.
Grow up Wrote:
> FACTS Wrote:
> > After 5 months of bull shit from the school
> > they just screwed thousands of parents and
> > students who do not what to go to SL. The SB
> > what they wanted to do from the start and not
> > the people wanted.
> > You could roll over and play dead, that's what
> > SB wants you to do, or you can make this A
> > TO REMEMBER and fight the SB over the next
> > years.
> > I for one will not give up until the ten who
> > for the redistricting are voted off the board.
> > You need to put together a plan of action and
> > the pressure on with phone calls, letters,
> > and do what needs to be done in order to win
> > war.
> > Recalls, lawsuits, vote down school bonds,
> > place out of SL, become a large watch dog group
> > and hound the SB on every issue, attend SB
> > and get in their face for three minutes.
> > Make them redistrict all schools that are under
> > capacity, such as;
> > Falls Church, over 700 empty seats, Mount
> > over 800 empty seats, Lake Braddock, over 500
> > empty seats, Hayfield, over 500 empty seats.
> > Stop them from building the new middle school
> > south county, stop them from moving ahead with
> > Gathhouse 2, another administration building
> > they want, watch every dollar that they want to
> > spend.
> > Make the next three years hell on wheels for
> > SB, SO THAT THEY REMEMBER THE NIGHT THAT THEY
> > F---ed the people of Western Fairfax County.
> > Remember, it is not over until the fat lady
> > sings.
> > PS S. Gibson is a little man who talks down to
> > everone who does not kiss his butt. He is our
> > biggest problem and he has been one for over 12
> > years. He needs to go as soon ASAP and lets
> > sure that this little man who insults everyone
> > voted out next time.
> That's a real grown up, intelligent solution.
> Didn't get what you wanted, so now screw everyone
> else, whether they were in the fight or therr
> schools had absolutely nothing to do with any of
> this - screw the whole system, and tie up theri
> time and resources on OLD news.
> Why don't you just use this time, resoureces,
> money, and energy into doing something positive
> like figuring out given the situation, how to make
> things better for EVERYONE and how to move on, and
> how to help heal the hurt on ALL sides. And no,
> we on the pro-RD side are not any happier than it
> has pitted neighbor against neighbor, but
> sometimes, this just happens.
> You complain about Stu and everyone else and how
> he talks down everyone else, but you appear to be
> just hateful and self-serving.
> You obviously did not go to SL, or else you would
> know how to interact with and respect others with
> different values and different view points. Good
> thing too you did not go there and your kids won't
> go there, our kids don't need people like you
> bringing negative energy not only into our school,
> but into the whole FCPS.
> Yes, it is your kids, but it is not your schools
> and it is not your choice either - it is the
> COUNTY's. Remember that. You want your choice
> and your school, that is fine, and you have every
> right to it, but just don't do it on everyone
> else's nickel. My taxes pay for one of the top
> school systems in the US, and I like it that way,
> not for your private school paid for with public
> Grow up - will you! Enough!