HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 189
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: sadly ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:27PM

I'vegotabadfeelingaboutthis.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't help but think that everyone on that map
> is going to leave that meeting feeling very sad
> tonight.


No matter the outcome - there will be one large group ofpeople on one side of the arguments feeling very bad. this has polarized neighborhoods, and friendships and so on.

The real question is regardless of outcome, how does one bring these communities back together and mend the hurt over time?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Well said ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:31PM

HooTribe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> leave_us_alone Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not as much wrong with FCPS as u thin Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > %%%%% Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > What you need is AP.
> > >
> > >
> > > And if we had it, then I would love to
> welcome
> > > your kids to SL, along with everyone else
> whose
> > > only beef is AP vs IB. Peace.
> >
> >
> > Well why didn't you say so in first place. See
> we
> > have a common goal, we want AP for our kids.
> >
> > But I sincerely feel the way you are going
> about
> > doing this, is not the right way. We have long
> > proposed that lets form a joint citizen task
> force
> > to figure our what the problem is at SL and try
> > and fix it. It does not have to be this way,
> > seriously.
>
> One thing people do not realize is that there are
> a lot of future SL parents who would prefer AP. I
> have tried to make this clear to the SB, but who
> knows if anyone is listening. The school should
> either switch to AP or add the 6 most requested AP
> courses to IB. At least some of the concerns will
> be addressed for those who will be moved. As for
> other concerns: my opinion is that SL is already
> on the upswing and the timing of this study is
> both unfortunate and ironic - in another year or
> so, SL will be a much more attractive school even
> without any boundary changes.


I sedcond this message and concur with your opinion, for whatever it is worth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: leave_us_alone ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:31PM

HooTribe Wrote:
> As for
> other concerns: my opinion is that SL is already
> on the upswing and the timing of this study is
> both unfortunate and ironic - in another year or
> so, SL will be a much more attractive school even
> without any boundary changes.


Bingo!!

That is what Raney has been saying all along. Lets hold off for 1 more year when coppermine comes into play.

I sincerely feel your pain all Reston parents who want AP for their Children. But see if you would have come forward and said this in the begining of process, I truly believe the outcome will be different today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: list ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:31PM

Why more students Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forum Reader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > imabulldog Wrote:
> > > I completely understand why South
> > > Lakes needs more kids...
> >
> > I try to avoid responding posters who appear to
> be
> > students, and I am not harassing you, but after
> > all these posts I still do not "understand why
> > South Lakes needs more kids." They already have
> > more students than some other high schools in
> > Fairfax County, and more than most high schools
> in
> > the nation.
> >
> > So why DO they need more students?
>
>
> Yes, they may have more students than SOME high
> schools, and they have a lot less than MOST.
>
> And why do they need more - well, because for this
> reason of underenrollment, the range and quality
> of classes, and athletics and other after-school
> activities at SLHS cannot be offered as they are
> offered at Westfields, Chantilly and other much
> larger nearby schools.


So what is this precise list, again? No-one has yet to provide the specific range, quality level, missing athletics or after school clubs that will emerge or be boosted with higher enrollment. What are these things that SL dreams of? Culinary arts, photography??????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: among others ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:37PM

list Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why more students Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Forum Reader Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > imabulldog Wrote:
> > > > I completely understand why South
> > > > Lakes needs more kids...
> > >
> > > I try to avoid responding posters who appear
> to
> > be
> > > students, and I am not harassing you, but
> after
> > > all these posts I still do not "understand
> why
> > > South Lakes needs more kids." They already
> have
> > > more students than some other high schools in
> > > Fairfax County, and more than most high
> schools
> > in
> > > the nation.
> > >
> > > So why DO they need more students?
> >
> >
> > Yes, they may have more students than SOME high
> > schools, and they have a lot less than MOST.
> >
> > And why do they need more - well, because for
> this
> > reason of underenrollment, the range and
> quality
> > of classes, and athletics and other
> after-school
> > activities at SLHS cannot be offered as they
> are
> > offered at Westfields, Chantilly and other much
> > larger nearby schools.
>
>
> So what is this precise list, again? No-one has
> yet to provide the specific range, quality level,
> missing athletics or after school clubs that will
> emerge or be boosted with higher enrollment. What
> are these things that SL dreams of? Culinary
> arts, photography??????


Among others, these would be some, and other electives. Is there a problem with that?

Options: ReplyQuote
SL an IB school.
Posted by: leave_us_alone ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:39PM

All Restonians who want AP for thei kids can we work together with the SB in proposing a solution.

Will you be happy if

a) SL remains an IB only school with kids from neighborhood pupil placing in (who want IB for their kids).

b) Reston students needing AP can be pupil placed into Oakton, Herndon or Madison.

The detail that needs to be worked out is Bussing and a 4 year enrollment commitment.

No RD and everyone is happy!!


Any takers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: %%%%% ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:42PM

Many/most of us will pupil place out and that for some SL parents that want this change, that doesnt matter.

I cant understand that logic. Is it that you feel that you will eventually get some kids so what if enrollment stays down next year? if so why not support a Pause?

Is it that your primary concern is you feel that South Lakes has and with a larger attendance area that image will be improved. Here is the thing too, I want to point out that any negative things I had ever heard about SL prior to this were from North Reston parents. They were strongly, bitterly opposed to moving even when SL was out performing Herndon High. I have never heard a single negative word from any other person about SLHS prior to this boundary conflict heating up.

So I guess what I am saying is that I dont view SLHS and Herndon as all that different. Do you think the rivalry has morphed into something more damaging and will RD fix this problem if that is a problem? It is like your classic two sides to a town thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Baffled ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:43PM

among others Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> list Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why more students Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Forum Reader Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > imabulldog Wrote:
> > > > > I completely understand why South
> > > > > Lakes needs more kids...
> > > >
> > > > I try to avoid responding posters who
> appear
> > to
> > > be
> > > > students, and I am not harassing you, but
> > after
> > > > all these posts I still do not "understand
> > why
> > > > South Lakes needs more kids." They already
> > have
> > > > more students than some other high schools
> in
> > > > Fairfax County, and more than most high
> > schools
> > > in
> > > > the nation.
> > > >
> > > > So why DO they need more students?
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, they may have more students than SOME
> high
> > > schools, and they have a lot less than MOST.
>
> > >
> > > And why do they need more - well, because for
> > this
> > > reason of underenrollment, the range and
> > quality
> > > of classes, and athletics and other
> > after-school
> > > activities at SLHS cannot be offered as they
> > are
> > > offered at Westfields, Chantilly and other
> much
> > > larger nearby schools.
> >
> >
> > So what is this precise list, again? No-one
> has
> > yet to provide the specific range, quality
> level,
> > missing athletics or after school clubs that
> will
> > emerge or be boosted with higher enrollment.
> What
> > are these things that SL dreams of? Culinary
> > arts, photography??????
>
>
> Among others, these would be some, and other
> electives. Is there a problem with that?

Is this the idea to disrupt hundreds of families in these communities so that SL can get some more electives?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: taxpayer-Bradsher to The LB Bruins! ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:43PM

if you want choice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not as much wrong with FCPS as u thin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > "If you want choice, you have to go and send
> your
> > child to a private
> > school...
>
>
> The now classic Liz Bradsher stalinist quote from
> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?ar
> ticle=93999&paper=73&cat=104
>
> to paraphrase "This is what you get - if you don't
> like it - sc*w you"
>
> I liked Stu's comments
>
> ...School Board member Stu Gibson (Hunter Mill),
> whose daughter graduated from South Lakes, said
> analogies made by the community to being "thrown
> under the bus" if they are moved to the South
> Lakes attendance area offended him...
>
> Should have suggested to Herndon PTA that they not
> throw their neighbors under the bus by doing a 180
> when they saw a way out then

BRADSHER is ridiculous. We `all got our tax bills and houses have declined - I paid 3.14 for gas plus food is up.

BRADSHER can FORGET her SOUTH COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL. Since her lovely quote advocates sending students to South Lakes then IMHO that contradicts her actions for her own community - Silverbrook Elementary. Say hello to Lake Braddock Lizzie!!

" you want choice, you have to go and send your child to a private school. … There is no entitlement in a public school system and just because you move to that area does not mean you get to attend that school in perpetuity," said Bradsher.
"We just can’t keep busing kids just because that was the way it was always done," she said. "


PS-some Fox Mill West is closer to Chantilly than Herndon . Herndon is 2 miles closer than South Lakes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: I can teach cooking at home ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:44PM

among others Wrote:
-
> > are these things that SL dreams of? Culinary
> > arts, photography??????
>
>
> Among others, these would be some, and other
> electives. Is there a problem with that?


let me get this right - we're RD'ing whole communities so that Johnny can learn to cook and take holiday snaps?

give me a break

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Berdhuis ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:50PM

among others Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > So what is this precise list, again? No-one has
> > yet to provide the specific range, quality level,
> > missing athletics or after school clubs that will
> > emerge or be boosted with higher enrollment. What
> > are these things that SL dreams of? Culinary
> > arts, photography??????
>
>
> Among others, these would be some, and other
> electives. Is there a problem with that?

A kind gentleman from Oakton produced, about 100 pages ago, a comprehensive list of courses offered at both Oakton and South Lakes. He received his information from their school offices. On that list, he separated the courses which were in common with both schools - by far the largest list. Then two other breakdowns which displayed the courses offered only each. Well, Oakton's was a little bit larger, but not by much. In fact, South Lakes overall had a VERY impressive list of courses. I could have very easily attended South Lakes and accomplished all of the academic and elective work I would have wanted to do. The argument that South Lakes does not offer enough courses is bogus.

The only specific complaint about courses at South Lakes came from an erudite student who observed that some classes are combined, specifically, German 3 & 4. She lamented that it would be nice to have a separate section for German 4.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: LOL ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:57PM

let me get this right - we're RD'ing whole communities so that Johnny can learn to cook and take holiday snaps?

give me a break

LOL - well good for you - am glad that you have the time on your hands

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Irony ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:57PM

Caps is having a vigil tonight at the meeting and a get together at the reston community center tommorow. A vigil? Did someone die. Reston? What about the south lakes gangs

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: quantum ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:00PM

I meant the status quo - and there certainly are benefits to the status quo, at least from the perspective of those enrolled in their current schools.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: leave_us_alone ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:00PM

Irony Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Caps is having a vigil tonight at the meeting and
> a get together at the reston community center
> tommorow. A vigil? Did someone die. Reston? What
> about the south lakes gangs


This is what happens. We are having a serious discussion, trying to understand the other side's issues and just when we think we are getting somewhere, that party goes away and we are left with this non sense; flaring up hatred between the two sides.

Unfortunate for sure!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Their main problem is lack of AP
Posted by: leave_us_alone ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:03PM

I got a sense from some frustrated Reston parents that they really want to go to an AP school and that is why they want more students in SL. Is this true? Do we understand your position Restonians?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: so true ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:03PM

Wash Post Article Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great on-line comment about the article:
>
> I have no sympathy for the Fox Mill residents, or
> any other residents who live closer to South Lakes
> than the current high school for their
> neighborhood. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. You think you
> are because you did all this "research" to find
> the school with the best reputation, lowest
> dropout rate (and probably lowest free-lunch
> ratio), etc. and now you're threatened with the
> possibility that all that careful planning was for
> naught. Boo frickin' hoo. It is incredibly short
> sighted to think that going to South Lakes will
> preclude your child from going to a good
> university. I went to JEB Stuart which, along with
> Falls Church HS, are the only high schools in all
> of Fairfax County that could possibly be called
> "ghetto". I received a fine education there
> because I chose challenging classes and I studied
> hard. I graduated in the top 5 of my class. I knew
> many students from my high school who attended
> high profile universities such as UVa, Duke, UNC,
> Columbia, and the military academies, to name a
> few. (I went to JMU, in case you're wondering, and
> I was also accepted at Mason, Syracuse and the
> University of Hartford). Your education is what
> you make of it, and the Fairfax County Public
> School system is considered to be one of the BEST
> in the country. Anyone attending a Fairfax County
> public school can get a first rate education, but
> it's not going to be handed to you on a silver
> platter - not even in tony districts such as
> Oakton and Langley. School districts are redrawn
> all the time as attendances increase and decrease
> at various schools. Quit whining about it, and
> instead focus your energies on elevating South
> Lakes to the level of Oakton and Langley. You will
> set a much better example for your children doing
> that than whining and complaining about the
> redistricting. If your children are smart enough
> to get into a high profile college, they will do
> so no matter what high school in Fairfax County
> they attend.




I live in Fox Mill and went to JEB Stuartt My kids are still in diapers but you are righ ton the money ... I could not agree more

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Date: February 28, 2008 03:15PM

shmitta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would CAPS want to claim victory on our own
> turf? It's being held in Reston to mock you.
>
> The Art of War.


LOL You guys are too much. Get over yourselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: CAPSbullies ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:15PM

So I went to Target today to buy my yellow t-shirt for tonight's meeting but they were all sold out. Shocking! Who could be buying all the yellow t-shirts?

I doubt there will be any South Lakes supporters there tonight. There is no way I would walk through that mob!

And in response to why CAPS is meeting in Reston on Friday night. It has nothing to do with the Art of War. Who could afford $700 a night at the Hilton? Not CAPS.

Welcome to Reston baby!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Observer ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:18PM

The human capital dedicated to this issue is staggering! I'm particularly amazed at the erudite and detailed responses provided by several participants. In the grand scheme of things, IMHO, there is little impact other than the relief of high stress. As several stalwart and eloquent students have opined, the education and acculturation is up to the individual. I suspect that the advantaged overbearing soccer moms do as much harm to their children as the disadvantaged single mothers with below poverty level incomes. Fortunately, intelligent and great people arise from both circumstances.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: NavyGetsOut ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:19PM

Tonight the vote will occur we shall see. The SBMs have really kept it close to the vest for the past few days.

I wonder what it means. We all know that Navy will be pulled. We know that no one likes the 2 new options.

The SBMs talk a lot about what they will not support. This seems interesting to me. They dont say what they will support only what they wont. They say things like "I agree that SL needs more students, but I dont support moving Navy" or "I dont support moving Floris" or "I wont support moving Madison Island" The group I hear the least about is Fox Mill. However I can not see how they can pull out Navy and go through with RD for Fox Mill.

It just is too much squeeze. I have also heard comments from SBs about the dire position Stu and Kathy have put themselves in. I have heard that the others are doing their best to stand clear. I have heard that Kathy has experienced emotional distress as a result of this effort. I have heard that many on the board do not believe that Chantilly or WF are over crowded and are a bit ticked that they were mislead initially. I have heard that no one on the SB understands what Stu and Kathy were trying to accomplish with putting out the two new proposals. I have seen many other SBMs physically move away from Stu and Kathy when seated too close. I guess it will all become clear tonight finally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: say what? ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:20PM

This Wash Post on-line poster was in the top 5 of their class and went to JMU????? whoopty frickin dog dooo!

BUT, they were also accepted at Mason - hahahahahahahahaha

SL won't be any better four or ten years from now because the SB still will not have adressed the REAL issue, which is underperforming elementary and middle schools in Reston.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: is it friday yet? ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:21PM

Observer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The human capital dedicated to this issue is
> staggering! I'm particularly amazed at the
> erudite and detailed responses provided by several
> participants. In the grand scheme of things,
> IMHO, there is little impact other than the relief
> of high stress. As several stalwart and eloquent
> students have opined, the education and
> acculturation is up to the individual. I suspect
> that the advantaged overbearing soccer moms do as
> much harm to their children as the disadvantaged
> single mothers with below poverty level incomes.
> Fortunately, intelligent and great people arise
> from both circumstances.

which I take to mean that this RD is pointless ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Golly ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:26PM

Baffled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> among others Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > list Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Why more students Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Forum Reader Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > imabulldog Wrote:
> > > > > > I completely understand why South
> > > > > > Lakes needs more kids...
> > > > >
> > > > > I try to avoid responding posters who
> > appear
> > > to
> > > > be
> > > > > students, and I am not harassing you, but
> > > after
> > > > > all these posts I still do not
> "understand
> > > why
> > > > > South Lakes needs more kids." They
> already
> > > have
> > > > > more students than some other high
> schools
> > in
> > > > > Fairfax County, and more than most high
> > > schools
> > > > in
> > > > > the nation.
> > > > >
> > > > > So why DO they need more students?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yes, they may have more students than SOME
> > high
> > > > schools, and they have a lot less than MOST.
>
> >
> > > >
> > > > And why do they need more - well, because
> for
> > > this
> > > > reason of underenrollment, the range and
> > > quality
> > > > of classes, and athletics and other
> > > after-school
> > > > activities at SLHS cannot be offered as
> they
> > > are
> > > > offered at Westfields, Chantilly and other
> > much
> > > > larger nearby schools.
> > >
> > >
> > > So what is this precise list, again? No-one
> > has
> > > yet to provide the specific range, quality
> > level,
> > > missing athletics or after school clubs that
> > will
> > > emerge or be boosted with higher enrollment.
> > What
> > > are these things that SL dreams of? Culinary
> > > arts, photography??????
> >
> >
> > Among others, these would be some, and other
> > electives. Is there a problem with that?
>
> Is this the idea to disrupt hundreds of families
> in these communities so that SL can get some more
> electives?



apparently so. They can't even develop a list on their own. No-one has yet to offer the specific "gaps." They receive more resources per student than other schools in the study area. They can't open their eyes to see that IB is sucking all the money away from their fun stuff (culinary arts and photography -ha!). Like someone asked before, what is stopping them from making these happen w/out a redistricting? SL parents fail to understand that no schools get everything. They suffer from the ugly step sister syndrome---"but everybody gets everything but poor me." Problem is, they can't even articulate what that "everything" is. But it is "something" by golly and "by damn we can't wait to get those poor FM+ bodies to our school so we can figure it all out."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Mod Squad ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:29PM

say what? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This Wash Post on-line poster was in the top 5 of
> their class and went to JMU????? whoopty frickin
> dog dooo!

We are trying to show some flexibility during this transition, but, please refrain from using profanity on the main forum. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: wHOOPTY ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:33PM

"whoopty frickin dog dooo!"


OK this is the best thing yet out of today's posts

Can we all repeat to our selves 3 times in capital no less!

WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!

The new Seahawk Battle Cry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: wHOOPTY ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:35PM

wHOOPTY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "whoopty frickin dog dooo!"
>
>
> OK this is the best thing yet out of today's
> posts
>
> Can we all repeat to our selves 3 times in capital
> no less!
>
> WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
> WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
> WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
>
> The new Seahawk Battle Cry


Well, on second thought it has been their battle cry all along.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Mod Squad ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:37PM

wHOOPTY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "whoopty frickin dog dooo!"
We are trying to show some flexibility during this transition, but, please refrain from using profanity on the main forum. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

>
> WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
We are trying to show some flexibility during this transition, but, please refrain from using profanity on the main forum. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
> WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
We are trying to show some flexibility during this transition, but, please refrain from using profanity on the main forum. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
> WHOOPTY FRICKIN DOG DOOO!
We are trying to show some flexibility during this transition, but, please refrain from using profanity on the main forum. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: MyPrediction ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:41PM

I believe that the original staff's proposal will go through as is......unfortunately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: toopredictable ()
Date: February 28, 2008 06:00PM

wouldnt it be so funny if they all of the sudden decided to include langley and aldrin!!! HAHA!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: fm/c/o parent ()
Date: February 28, 2008 06:51PM

" I graduated in the top 5 of my class. I knew
> many students from my high school who attended
> high profile universities such as UVa, Duke, UNC,
> Columbia, and the military academies, to name a
> few. (I went to JMU, in case you're wondering, and
> I was also accepted at Mason, Syracuse and the
> University of Hartford). "


Let me guess:
1. Columbia 2. Duke 3. UNC 4. This is a problem, would it be UVa. or the academies? We already know #5 went to JMU, so now I'm stymied.

I wonder where students #6-500 went.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 07:13PM by fm/c/o parent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: cox out ()
Date: February 28, 2008 07:02PM

well isn't it funny how the FCPS channel is not working tonight! They have no idea what the problem is or when it will be fixed. Now I can tell you the fix is in, Kathy and Stu have more power than we though. We put up the good fight now we just have to pupil place.

next battle to eliminate the power of the school board. all in favor???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Baffled ()
Date: February 28, 2008 07:09PM

Yes. Channel 21 is not working..it was fine starting at 630 pm and then when the meeting was about to start, poof goes the 21. SPooky timing if you ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: SLVerity ()
Date: February 28, 2008 07:13PM

Please put this in perspective. So much angst for such a small issue. Use your energies for good and for healing.

Is that why CAPS chose to hold their meeting at the RCC Lake Anne Community Center, the Ground Zero of the Failed Social Experiment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Channel 21 ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:27PM

Dean T talking to school bd.
Attachments:
Boundary Study.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: ???? ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:34PM

so whats going on, when are they going to vote?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: tuned in ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:36PM

Red Apple 21 is on here! This is so exciting!

Hey, which one is the Antichrist?

The Abe Lincoln guy seems okay, is that him?

What's with the guy with the hyphenated named, what is he, some pussy whipped, 90's kind of guy who took his wife's name? LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The truth
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:38PM

Principal X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not going to weed through 2000 posts to see
> if this had been addressed but this morning's Post
> article avoided the dirty little secret here.
> There are a significant number of parents who do
> not want their children going to a school that is
> full of blacks and Latinos.

Because????

Because the school system hasn't educated them so that they are competitive when they reach high school.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: holy fun ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:40PM

So far five for redistricting two against the split . Tina Horne does not like the process. Now they want to do it but then do it again. This could entertain us for years to come

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The truth
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:41PM

We've just had the first of many 10-2 votes, just as I predicted.

Yawn. Everyone can go to bed early tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The truth
Posted by: frank ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:43PM

Do they all have to vote for it or is it majority vote

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:45PM

SLVerity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please put this in perspective. So much angst for
> such a small issue. Use your energies for good
> and for healing.
>
> Is that why CAPS chose to hold their meeting at
> the RCC Lake Anne Community Center, the Ground
> Zero of the Failed Social Experiment?

Well said, ground zero for this failed social experiment. Good choice by CAPS. Let everyone see what has happened to the Reston schools, especially the elementary schools like Lake Anne, Terraset, and Dogwood. The results of what happens in those schools are at South Lakes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:45PM

Majority rules. Seven votes carries any motion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:50PM

NavyGetsOut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tonight the vote will occur we shall see. The
> SBMs have really kept it close to the vest for the
> past few days.
>
> I wonder what it means. We all know that Navy
> will be pulled. We know that no one likes the 2
> new options.
>
> The SBMs talk a lot about what they will not
> support. This seems interesting to me. They dont
> say what they will support only what they wont.
> They say things like "I agree that SL needs more
> students, but I dont support moving Navy" or "I
> dont support moving Floris" or "I wont support
> moving Madison Island" The group I hear the least
> about is Fox Mill. However I can not see how they
> can pull out Navy and go through with RD for Fox
> Mill.
>
> It just is too much squeeze. I have also heard
> comments from SBs about the dire position Stu and
> Kathy have put themselves in. I have heard that
> the others are doing their best to stand clear. I
> have heard that Kathy has experienced emotional
> distress as a result of this effort. I have heard
> that many on the board do not believe that
> Chantilly or WF are over crowded and are a bit
> ticked that they were mislead initially. I have
> heard that no one on the SB understands what Stu
> and Kathy were trying to accomplish with putting
> out the two new proposals. I have seen many other
> SBMs physically move away from Stu and Kathy when
> seated too close. I guess it will all become
> clear tonight finally.

Is Kathy Smith at the meeting tonight? If so, why isn't she speaking? She must know that things are not going her way tonight, or she's not there.

I don't see any empty seats, so Kathy must be there. Since her constituents are involved, why isn't she speaking to these motions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Just tuned in ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:51PM

Sorry for joining this late....just turned on the TV.

did the members already vote??

If so what was the vote.

Interested to know if Navy is moving to Oakton or Not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:51PM

Second amendment vote, 10 to 2.

It looks like a looooong night of 10 to 2 votes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:52PM

Just tuned in Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry for joining this late....just turned on the
> TV.
>
> did the members already vote??
>
> If so what was the vote.
>
> Interested to know if Navy is moving to Oakton or
> Not.

No real votes, just Raney and Hone offering amendments that the rest of them shoot down. The main proposal for South Lakes hasn't been voted on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Clarification ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:53PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Second amendment vote, 10 to 2.
>
> It looks like a looooong night of 10 to 2 votes.


Will the boundaries be moved for Navy Elem?
Will they stay at Chantilly or move to Oakton?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:58PM

sadly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'vegotabadfeelingaboutthis.. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I can't help but think that everyone on that
> map
> > is going to leave that meeting feeling very sad
> > tonight.
>
>
> No matter the outcome - there will be one large
> group ofpeople on one side of the arguments
> feeling very bad. this has polarized
> neighborhoods, and friendships and so on.
>
> The real question is regardless of outcome, how
> does one bring these communities back together and
> mend the hurt over time?

They won't. People who were redistricted out of Madison 25 years ago, and sent to Marshall, still complain about it. People who get grabbed out of good schools and sent to schools that are not as good, never forget and never forgive. Ask Janie. They had to pay for private schools and watch their house prices decline. They are bitter, to say the least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: itwillbeugly ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:05PM

My prediction is that they already made up their mind by the way they speak and they won't budge.....The ugly one mentioned that she was tired of this mess and she is ready to vote YES....sorry for all of you who had faith in the system....they system failed you.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:06PM

Clarification Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Second amendment vote, 10 to 2.
> >
> > It looks like a looooong night of 10 to 2
> votes.
>
>
> Will the boundaries be moved for Navy Elem?
> Will they stay at Chantilly or move to Oakton?

We don't know yet, until they get finished with all these amendments. We have to see if Kathy's new amendment is accepted or rejected or if Stu's amendment is accepted or rejected. Whatever amendment becomes the main motion it will be passed.

Being that Kathy Smith isn't saying anything about any amendment, and Stu appears to be sitting in the catbird seat, Kathy must know that she will lose tonight and Stu will decide who must go to South Lakes.

Tina Hone just made a great argument, a high school capacity of 2,000 is totally arbitrary. Next year it may be 1,000 or 3,000. The school board has lost all credibility.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:08PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Clarification Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Neen Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Second amendment vote, 10 to 2.
> > >
> > > It looks like a looooong night of 10 to 2
> > votes.
> >
> >
> > Will the boundaries be moved for Navy Elem?
> > Will they stay at Chantilly or move to Oakton?
>
> We don't know yet, until they get finished with
> all these amendments. We have to see if Kathy's
> new amendment is accepted or rejected or if Stu's
> amendment is accepted or rejected. Whatever
> amendment becomes the main motion it will be
> passed.
>
> Being that Kathy Smith isn't saying anything about
> any amendment, and Stu appears to be sitting in
> the catbird seat, Kathy must know that she will
> lose tonight and Stu will decide who must go to
> South Lakes.
>
> Tina Hone just made a great argument, a high
> school capacity of 2,000 is totally arbitrary.
> Next year it may be 1,000 or 3,000. The school
> board has lost all credibility.

Staff projection minus Navy...place your bets

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:09PM

don't buy it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kalyn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >Your children are not from low
> > income, unsupportive families and will get the
> > same scores as they would at any other high
> > school. Why is that such a hard concept for you
> to
> > grasp.
>
>
> I don't buy it - I was from the architypical low
> income family
>
> if other parents are unsupportive, that's why we
> pay taxes and support initiatives 40% higher
> staff:student ratios
>
> when did it become other kids job to backfill for
> unsupportive parents?

Good point. Isn't that the job of the school system, to educate ALL children, regardless of their background? It would seem that they have failed to do that and are dragging other children into the school because of their educational failures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:11PM

>>>Staff projection minus Navy...place your bets<<<<

I'll bet on that. That leaves plenty of room at Oakton for pupil placement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: How Many Amendments ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:11PM

How many amendments is Raney going to propose?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: question ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:12PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>>Staff projection minus Navy...place your
> bets<<<<
>
> I'll bet on that. That leaves plenty of room at
> Oakton for pupil placement.


What do you mean by "staff projection?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:13PM

Exactly...

Puts Kathy in a bad spot when she goes for Cuccinelli's seat. She should have gotten out when the going was good

Side bet on side motion to remove navy? win by 8-4?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:14PM

question Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >>>Staff projection minus Navy...place your
> > bets<<<<
> >
> > I'll bet on that. That leaves plenty of room
> at
> > Oakton for pupil placement.
>
>
> What do you mean by "staff projection?"

sorry, staff recommendation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:14PM

We've just had the third 10 to 2 vote. The fourth is coming up now with Raney's 4 amendment to put a moratorium on all Madison pyramid schools, including Thoreau. He says that there were no town hall meetings and that the Madison Island was thrown in at the last minute. Stu says that the school board carefully considered the island last summer. Interesting. Does anyone remember that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:16PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We've just had the third 10 to 2 vote. The fourth
> is coming up now with Raney's 4 amendment to put a
> moratorium on all Madison pyramid schools,
> including Thoreau. He says that there were no
> town hall meetings and that the Madison Island was
> thrown in at the last minute. Stu says that the
> school board carefully considered the island last
> summer. Interesting. Does anyone remember that?


Unfortunately they have been in from the beginning. Janie's sacrifice to the boundary gods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Stu = Dork ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:16PM

Look at how angrily he is speaking to the audience.

He looks like a Dork

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:18PM

Fourth 10 to 2 vote completed.

Stu's now got the floor to talk about his amendment. He knows he has the vote to get whatever he wants.

Oh gosh, he's talking about his President of PTSA and how he wanted to protect her. Sheeze. Now he's lecturing people who opposed this process. They didn't behave well. They wouldn't do it staff's way. He's very angry about the people who used the phrase 'throw under the bus'. Now he's bragging about South Lakes. It's better than TJ!!! Now he's telling a little story that his father supposedly told. Yawn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: gettothepointstu ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:20PM

why isn't stork cutting stu off like he did rainey?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:20PM

Stu's right, it doesn't matter what his arguments are, people do NOT want to send their kids to South Lakes. Good argument Stu. No matter who you try to force into South Lakes, it won't work. You know it, and so does everyone else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: dorks friend ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:20PM

What is dork saying

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Pity ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:20PM

Pitty Party for the hispancs at SL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Baffled ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:22PM

Shouldn't Stu give a 3 mins speech instead of rambling on???? Oh gawd...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:22PM

Poverty and ESOL denies equal access? So says Stu. That argument makes no sense.

He's pissed about rumors about South Lakes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: fullofwind ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:23PM

why isn't stork cutting stu off like he did rainey?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: dorks friend ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:24PM

what are the yellow shirt people doing as Stu talks . Is anyone crying

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:26PM

Stu hasn't slept for days. His speech is weird and unlike him. It's just a rant with the same old dumb arguments he's made a zillion times.

Liz Bradsher just moved to take Navy out of the mix. Just as we predicted. Navy's out, only Floris and Fox Mill will go to South Lakes. That opens up hundreds of vacancies at Oakton for pupil placements.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Thank You ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:27PM

Why isn't Kathy Smith arguing this point?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:29PM

Thank You Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why isn't Kathy Smith arguing this point?


because she politically can't. She wants more people out of Chantilly, but these people would vote for her too when she moves up the food chain

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:29PM

Thank goodness for Liz !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:30PM

Why does kathy want students 'out' of chantilly?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:31PM

Navy Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank goodness for Liz !!

She is the only one who has been on the other side of the boundary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:31PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liz Bradsher just moved to take Navy out of the
> mix. Just as we predicted. Navy's out, only
> Floris and Fox Mill will go to South Lakes. That
> opens up hundreds of vacancies at Oakton for pupil
> placements.

Wonder what it costs to rent a couple buses & pay the drivers... We could get CAPs Logos painted on them. Got to be cheaper than private school.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Baffled ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:33PM

Hone is a gem!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: I like her - HONE ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:33PM

Way to call out Gibson !!!!!!!!

Way to go Hone !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:33PM

It was Kathy who proposed taking Navy out in her new scenario at the last works session. People at Chantilly don't care if anyone leaves. They weren't complaining about over crowding. So why isn't Kathy Smith speaking to this.

OH, OH, OH, Tina is nailing STU!!!! She's nailing him on the race issue! She's saying that ONLY Stu and South Lakes are fussing about race and NO ONE else has mentioned it. She wants Navy out of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:34PM

Baffled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hone is a gem!



Too bad we couldn't get more than the three new members this term. they are the best of the bunch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:35PM

WestfieldDad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Liz Bradsher just moved to take Navy out of the
> > mix. Just as we predicted. Navy's out, only
> > Floris and Fox Mill will go to South Lakes.
> That
> > opens up hundreds of vacancies at Oakton for
> pupil
> > placements.
>
> Wonder what it costs to rent a couple buses & pay
> the drivers... We could get CAPs Logos painted on
> them. Got to be cheaper than private school.

Any kid at Oakton with a van and driver's license can make money next year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:37PM

Phil is defending his school, Oakton, as it should be. He doesn't want Oakton to lose so many students. He knows this will pass without his support or his vote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:39PM

She isn't speaking because KS wanted kids out originally and if she speaks for or against she loses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:41PM

Kathy Smith is talking and just doesn't care about split feeders. She looks very tired, she's angry, and she's about to cry.

Now she can't support her own idea of leaving Navy out of this!!!!

Stu is going to get everything he wants. No wonder he's so happy and Kathy Smith is in tears.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Baffled ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:41PM

What? Did Stu just say he didn't like Fox Mill?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:43PM

No, Stu said he wouldn't agree to splitting Fox Mill. They all have to go to South Lakes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: a concerned neighbor ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:43PM

What happened to the channel 21 feed on cox. They didnt want this taped for future legal action?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:44PM

I'm watching channel 21 on Cox.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: word ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:45PM

Neen - what are the chances they scrap this whole thing?

i'm not able to watch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: 66 ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:46PM

These people need to think about sitting in route 66 traffic each morning !!!

Geeez !!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:48PM

Tina Hone is making the most sense.

I have NO idea why Liz Bradsher is proposing that Navy be left out since none of these schools are in her district. I suppose Kathy and Stu made that deal so she could be supportive of Chantilly but still Navy left out.

Wow, Moon is speaking! He's finally addressing all the ESOL parents who spoke at the hearings. It's about time that someone spoke up for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:50PM

word Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neen - what are the chances they scrap this whole
> thing?
>
> i'm not able to watch

NO chance. NONE.

I hear that Fox Mill parents are watching at Glory Days in Fox Mill shopping center. Or so they hoped. Head up there if your cable is out.

Wow, Moon is supporting Navy being left out. Do they have 7 votes yet? I'm counting 5 so far, 3 at large, plus Brad and Liz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pamela Abston Article
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:51PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tina Hone is making the most sense.
>
> I have NO idea why Liz Bradsher is proposing that
> Navy be left out since none of these schools are
> in her district. I suppose Kathy and Stu made
> that deal so she could be supportive of Chantilly
> but still Navy left out.
>
> Wow, Moon is speaking! He's finally addressing
> all the ESOL parents who spoke at the hearings.
> It's about time that someone spoke up for them.

Probably because Bradsher has been on the other side and understands parents better than these board members with kids long gone

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Moon ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:51PM

WOW !!! he actually took the time to drive the "death" route from Navy to Oakton !!

I give him tremendous credit !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:52PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> word Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Neen - what are the chances they scrap this
> whole
> > thing?
> >
> > i'm not able to watch
>
> NO chance. NONE.
>
> I hear that Fox Mill parents are watching at Glory
> Days in Fox Mill shopping center. Or so they
> hoped. Head up there if your cable is out.
>
> Wow, Moon is supporting Navy being left out. Do
> they have 7 votes yet? I'm counting 5 so far, 3
> at large, plus Brad and Liz.


predict 8-4

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:55PM

Naw. All of this was agreed on before this public meeting. They worked it out with all their phone calls this weekend, including who would introduce each amendment and how many votes that each amendment would get. Nothing unpredictable for the school board will be happening tonight.

My prediction, this will pass, Navy will be left out, with Stu, Kathy and Phil voting against it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:56PM

Who will be the 4th vote for sending Navy to Oakton?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:57PM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who will be the 4th vote for sending Navy to
> Oakton?


Kory...but could be 9-3

I am not watching it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:58PM

Anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who will be the 4th vote for sending Navy to
> > Oakton?
>
>
> Kory...but could be 9-3
>
> I am not watching it


I am sorry....read this wrong.

Could be 9-3. Kory won't but maybe janie

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 189


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  **    **   ******   **     **  **    ** 
 **    **  **   **   **    **   **   **   ***   ** 
     **    **  **    **          ** **    ****  ** 
    **     *****     **           ***     ** ** ** 
   **      **  **    **          ** **    **  **** 
   **      **   **   **    **   **   **   **   *** 
   **      **    **   ******   **     **  **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.