HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 27
Re: Highschool Football 2013
Posted by: hell is for helicopters ()
Date: August 20, 2013 04:51PM

Why aren't you boosters out there working overtime to defend the turf fields? Heads will roll over this, and turf will not. Who did the school board think it was dealing with? That study is a joke and probably constitutes fraud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: OHSCougar ()
Date: August 20, 2013 06:41PM

You are absolutely right, Oakton did not look very good at all the other night - in fact, they were awful. And since I was at both games I can assure you they looked about as bad as they did when they scrimmaged Hylton last year - just pathetic. I actually thought this years score was 70 to 6, with the lone OHS score coming from the cheerleader taking a snap near the end of the night and taking it to the house. It just goes to show you that 2013 will be as difficult a year for the Cougars as 2012 was.

Or perhaps this year will be different:
1. C'ville might live up to all their preseason 2012/2013/2014... hype and go undefeated while playing eleven super-star 8th graders both way (last year they did indeed slap OHS silly in the first game only to have their dreams crushed in the rubber-match);
2. Westfield might not be able go three deep at every position and their players could actually stop their foul-mouth trash talking and just play football (last year their undefeated run ended in their rubber-match with OHS);
3. Robinson might return to their past glory (ehh... sorry, no need for a rubber-match last year);
4. Chantilly could stop believing that playing on a dominating 110 lbs CYA youth team automatically translates into D1 talent and HS championships (I sooo wished there was a rubber-match last year!);
5. And LB might dress out more then five players that live in their schools district (OHS coaches did enjoy feeding the LB coaching staff a big piece of humble-pie for their embarrassingly personal actions & remarks after the 2011 playoff game).

I just love how HS FB can be such a redeeming therapy... let's play some football! :-)

Posted by: facts only ()
Date: August 21, 2013 09:30AM

Is it necessary to say you don't like Henderson? If yes, man up and state your name. Poythress at GF made the playoffs every year and only lost 3 games outside of Hylton and all three in OT.He is the only GF coach to make the playoffs every year he led the program in its entire history. And stop crying about getting whipped in the 2011 playoffs. Has any LB fan cried about the loss to Oakton in 2011?

Posted by: OHSCougar ()
Date: August 21, 2013 10:57AM

"facts only" needs to get his facts right.

1. My post never mentioned anyone by name - yours did. How about you take your own advise and "man up and state your name?" I would think that would be easy for you to do since it appears to respect the two men you mentioned.
2. I was not "crying about getting whipped in the 2011 playoffs" because we did... wrong again.
3. Why would an "LB fan cry about the loss to Oakton in 2011" when LB won... strike three.

"facts only" wrote six sentences and got at least three "facts" wrong. I would check "facts only" other statements if I cared... but I don't. However, "OHSCougar" will "man up" and give "facts only" a little advise. Either change your name or slow down, take a deep breath and double check your work before you click the "post message" button. The "Preview" button might also come in real handy for you. ;-)

Posted by: tilly4life ()
Date: August 21, 2013 08:41PM

Robinson got whopped by West Pot 28-0 I heard so looks like they are back in the basement. Go Chargers.

Posted by: Cville45 ()
Date: August 22, 2013 10:52AM

Centreville plays Hylton in a scrimmage at Cville tonight. Good opprotunity to see how both of these teams are looking going into the first week of the season.

Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: August 22, 2013 04:12PM

What? We are almost starting the season and we have no gratuitious threads about the Hendersons? What's wrong with you people?

Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: August 22, 2013 04:12PM

What? We are almost starting the season and we have no gratuitious threads about the Hendersons? What's wrong with you people?

Posted by: Centreville Scrimmage ()
Date: August 22, 2013 10:31PM

Centreville beat Hylton in the scrimmage tonite 48-26. Centreville got 2 scores from AJ Turner on 30 and 20 yd runs. Taylor Boose with a 15 yd td run. Charles Tutt with a insane, tackle-breaking 60 yd catch-and-run. Centreville Defense with 3 or 4 turnovers on the Hylton offense. Hylton looks very explosive, but for the most part, Cville shut the big plays down. Was 34-13 at the half. Centreville looks like they are certainly the class of 6A north

Posted by: Al Sharpton ()
Date: August 22, 2013 10:45PM

Now I know that South Lakes is not a powerhouse by any means, but a Div 6 school playing a good but not great Div 5 Broad Run team has got to do better than they did tonight. Both teams played starters for 3 quarters and South Lakes had one first down. Defense looked ok early on, but their depth is so poor that they got tired and eventually gave up three scores while being shut down completely. One first down by the starters, and one by the second team in garbage time.

Who do they get next week? Westfield, and then two weeks later? Stone Bridge.

Oy vey...

Nice kids and nice coaches. I wish them well, but...

Posted by: Footballfann ()
Date: August 22, 2013 11:26PM

Centreville Scrimmage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Centreville beat Hylton in the scrimmage tonite
> 48-26. Centreville got 2 scores from AJ Turner on
> 30 and 20 yd runs. Taylor Boose with a 15 yd td
> run. Charles Tutt with a insane, tackle-breaking
> 60 yd catch-and-run. Centreville Defense with 3 or
> 4 turnovers on the Hylton offense. Hylton looks
> very explosive, but for the most part, Cville shut
> the big plays down. Was 34-13 at the half.
> Centreville looks like they are certainly the
> class of 6A north

This was a beat down by a much better TEAM than collection of Athletes. Centreville simply out hit a much larger Hylton team on both Offense and Defense. Hylton threw a long TD pass on the first play of the game and then got the ball rammed down their throats for the rest of the game. Hylton managed another score by half, but Centreville owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball to make it 34-13 at half. Centreville came out in the second half and played their starters 2 more series to make it 48-13 before playing the rest of the team. Hylton scored a couple who cares TDs against JV.

Centreville is the real deal, look out 6A North. I know every Centreville fan hopes they see Hylton in the State Championship, not so much the other way around.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: August 23, 2013 03:04AM

Does anyone know how Lake Braddock, Chantilly, Oakton, Robinson and Lake Braddock did in their scrimmages?

Posted by: JVB1966 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 07:06AM

Does anyone know what happened to the young man who was taken away in an ambulance? I hope he's ok. :(

It was an awesome game! I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time I have ever been to a football game but it was so much fun!

The kid who scored for Centreville was h3!! on wheels! He even put Speedy Gonzales to shame! :)

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: August 23, 2013 07:51AM

I was amazed by how many more players Broad Run had. It seemed like they dressed 80 whereas South Lakes only had about 50.

South Lakes Defense played extremely well. They held Broad Run's starters to only 7 points. Broad Run had a couple of garbage TDs at the end.

South Lakes lack of a QB and overall lack of players will lead them to another tough year. A school that has 2200 kids should have more than 50 kids playing football.

Date: August 23, 2013 08:10AM

To JVB1966. Was this a Centreville or Hylton player?

Posted by: CentrevilleFan ()
Date: August 23, 2013 09:10AM

JVB1966 Wrote:
> Does anyone know what happened to the young man
> who was taken away in an ambulance? I hope he's
> ok. :(

Dislocated shoulder. Apparently looked pretty bad.

Posted by: injured player ()
Date: August 23, 2013 09:38AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> To JVB1966. Was this a Centreville or Hylton
> player?

Hylton player. Centreville injured about 3 of their players.

Centreville is the real deal. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're even better than the 2000 state champs team...

Posted by: Fairfax v Loudoun ()
Date: August 23, 2013 10:45AM

Loudoun keeps their schools smaller, so they don't have any D6 schools, but I have started to think that their top D5 schools are much better than those in Fairfax. I mean, I know Stone Bridge has always been the top D5 school in NOVA, but Broad Run slaughtered Herndon last year, and beat up on South Lakes lasat night. Briar Woods is now D5 and they held their own in a scrimmage against Battlefield last week. And they are better than Broad Run.

I think Loudoun has the top three D5 schools for forseeable future.

Who looks to be the best Fairfax D5 school... and will Fairfax play Loudoun schools in the 16 team playoff format?

Posted by: SL guy ()
Date: August 23, 2013 10:54AM

SL Parent Wrote:
> I was amazed by how many more players Broad Run
> had. It seemed like they dressed 80 whereas South
> Lakes only had about 50.
>
> South Lakes Defense played extremely well. They
> held Broad Run's starters to only 7 points. Broad
> Run had a couple of garbage TDs at the end.
>
> South Lakes lack of a QB and overall lack of
> players will lead them to another tough year. A
> school that has 2200 kids should have more than 50
> kids playing football.

They should but won't because the schools athletic program is still a joke. I laugh, then groan, every time I read a "look out for SL football this year, lots of returning players" posts to these fxu football threads. Drive around Fox Mill and see how many homes have "home of and Oakton Cougar" signs in front and Oakton window stickers on their cars. Madison and Oakton are the two biggest beneficiaries of South Lakes athletic department ineptitude. It won't change as long as Linda Jones is there.

Posted by: Just wow ()
Date: August 23, 2013 12:40PM

So I heard West Springfield beat Oakton 48 to 26 in thier last scrimmage...does Oakton suck or is WS the real deal?

Posted by: Football fans ()
Date: August 23, 2013 12:56PM

Just wow Wrote:
> So I heard West Springfield beat Oakton 48 to 26
> in thier last scrimmage...does Oakton suck or is
> WS the real deal?

I don't believe this, can anyone confirm? I smell some WS BS. That is some stinky smell too.

Posted by: JVB1966 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 12:58PM

Thanks for the update on the Hylton player!

I overheard someone saying that it could be a broken collarbone!

Dislocated shoulder is bad enough, though! Poor guy! I hope he makes a full recovery! :)

Posted by: Wuanmzos ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:04PM

How did Robinson do?! Does anybody know?

Posted by: Scrimmage Result ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:07PM

Chantilly destroyed Garfield in their scrimmage.

I haven't seen Centreville play yet, but I doubt they are better than the 2011 squad.

Posted by: Loops jake ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:10PM

Confirmed west Springfield did beat oakton pretty handily.

Posted by: Why ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:12PM

Goodness y'all just hate WS don't you

Posted by: Sad mom ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:13PM

Why does everyone hate west Springfield :'(

Posted by: Oakton Cougar 2014 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:16PM

I wish we wud have won :*(

Date: August 23, 2013 01:45PM

Scrimmage Result Wrote:
> Chantilly destroyed Garfield in their scrimmage.
>
> I haven't seen Centreville play yet, but I doubt
> they are better than the 2011 squad.

Not much can be said about the Chantilly/Garfield scrimmage because Garfield has not been much of a sports school ever since a large portion of their district was eaten up by the opening of Forest Park.

As for the Centreville squad, the 2011 definitely had better top shelf talent but it wasn't very deep. The current squad is experienced, deep and talented as well. The experience probably showed in the Hylton scrimmage because this group is generally the squad from last year and is in mid season form. That's why they had their way with a Hylton squad that should do very very well this year.

Date: August 23, 2013 03:01PM

Why Wrote:
> Goodness y'all just hate WS don't you

WS fans support their teams, but they frequently cross the line when it comes to good sportsmanship. When visiting WS fans are harassed, the players are disrespected and the fans are generally just very rude.

Hylton/Centreville
Posted by: NOVABall ()
Date: August 23, 2013 04:18PM

My neighbor works at Hylton and he told me the kid that got hurt was their second string quarterback who's a Sophomore. His shoulder was apparently seperated and then it popped back in before the ambulance left the stadium. He may be out for about 2-3 weeks depending on rehab and no further problems. Hylton had a bunch of starters sit out last night because of bumps and bruises. Three starters on both the defensive & offensive line, the center, two linebackers, running back, kicker and wide receiver. I watched the first half before having to take my daughter to soccer practice down the road. Centreville looks impressive on both sides of the ball and Hylton's offense looked good passing the ball. Neither team really opened their playbook running the same 4-5 offensive plays the whole game. They both have a good chance of seeing each other down the road.

Posted by: NOVABall ()
Date: August 23, 2013 04:23PM

Inquisitive One...Gar-Field didn't lose any students to Forest Park. Freedom is the school that took kids from both Gar-Field and Potomac and they got the crap neighborhoods from both schools. Forest Park tooks students from Hylton, Potomac and Osbourn Park. The reason Gar-Field is so bad is Coaching and the kids that can plan transfer out to either Woodbridge, Hylton, or Potomac.

Date: August 23, 2013 04:41PM

I am speaking of long ago when Forest Park opened. In other words, Garfield has not been a sports power for over ten years.

Posted by: Spartan fan ()
Date: August 23, 2013 09:30PM

The Oakton west Springfield scrimmage was not good. But, Oakton was up 19 14 when they put all their JV kids in. Those kids struggled badly. Final ended up 35 26 west Springfield. Neither team looked good. Oakton is in a rebuilding stage and Springfield might not win a game.

Posted by: dangdang ()
Date: August 23, 2013 09:35PM

Since the Oakton staff is regarded as tops in the region do they literally have no players??

Posted by: PW Basketball ()
Date: August 24, 2013 10:37AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> I am speaking of long ago when Forest Park opened.
> In other words, Garfield has not been a sports
> power for over ten years.

Garfield has remained a basketball power the last ten years.

Posted by: The Hawk ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:30AM

Spartan fan is being very generous to Oakton about the final score and from what I saw it was first team for the most part, then second team varsity for a while and then after the jv got some time the varsity squads came back on the field and WS drove the ball from the 20yd line to score yet again on Oakton's poor pass defense.

Posted by: French Football? ()
Date: August 24, 2013 12:06PM

I think Norman Schwartzkopf said "going to war without the French is like going fishing without your banjo"

So why do the school board and board of supervisors want to spend millions on installation of maintenance of artificial turf with Tarkett, a FRENCH company?

Real football is played on real grass.

Posted by: Fuck that ()
Date: August 24, 2013 12:17PM

Nobody gives two shits about the French or the new turf fields that's just the way of the future, new times bring nicer things, and may i remind you this is fairfax county.

Posted by: Curious George ()
Date: August 24, 2013 12:31PM

Just wondering... Does D5 powerhouse Stone Bridge have a chance against D6 powerhouse Westfield?

Date: August 24, 2013 01:27PM

Curious George Wrote:
> Just wondering... Does D5 powerhouse Stone
> Bridge have a chance against D6 powerhouse
> Westfield?

Definitely! My only question why would Westfield want to play Stone Bridge because with the playoff system SB benefits from playing a D6 school but there is no benefit in any way to the larger school

Posted by: economics fall ()
Date: August 24, 2013 01:52PM

New times bring nicer things if you are willing to pay for them-if you want the fucking turf so much, hand over some money.

I don't give two shits for high school sports and the turf maintenance is going to mean millions of dollars for someone.

Posted by: Hgjutd2314 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 07:30PM

Chantilly did not destroy Garfield high school, at the end of the scrimmage it was tie 14-14. Plus, Garfield never played their 1st team QB,RB, or WRs the whole scrimmage and most of the first D barely played. They played mainly the 2nd and 3nd/jv team. Because the first team just played mountain view. Didn't want to risk injuries and chantilly wasn't a threat

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: August 25, 2013 01:39AM

You know that GF had they 2nd & 3rd string in vs. Chantilly. 1st string played vs. Mountain View. Pls, game was 14-14 when GF put in JV squad.

Posted by: Football Dave ()
Date: August 25, 2013 01:55AM

Nova, it has nothing to do with coaches at GF. GF doesn't have the bs specialty programs that enable coaches to recruit good played from PWC. One coach tried to " convince" me that my kid should attend a certain school and take film production as a way to get a waiver to play football. It's not hard to see why some schools are better than others in PWC.

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: August 25, 2013 11:39AM

Hgjutd2314 Wrote:
> Chantilly did not destroy Garfield high school, at
> the end of the scrimmage it was tie 14-14. Plus,
> Garfield never played their 1st team QB,RB, or WRs
> the whole scrimmage and most of the first D barely
> played. They played mainly the 2nd and 3nd/jv
> team. Because the first team just played mountain
> view. Didn't want to risk injuries and chantilly
> wasn't a threat

What are you talking about Chantilly destroyed Garfield, Garfield cannot compete with a Concorde team, keep dreaming. Garfield happened to have 2 scrimmage at once, what you are saying is making no sense...

Westfield wants to play Stone Bridge because Westfield doesn't need the power points, they are certainly making the playoffs. They've lost the last two years at home in the region championship while undefeated. This is simply to give Westfield more practice against elite teams for team development and growth which is smart.

Date: August 25, 2013 01:24PM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> Hgjutd2314 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chantilly did not destroy Garfield high school,
> at
> > the end of the scrimmage it was tie 14-14.
> Plus,
> > Garfield never played their 1st team QB,RB, or
> WRs
> > the whole scrimmage and most of the first D
> barely
> > played. They played mainly the 2nd and 3nd/jv
> > team. Because the first team just played
> mountain
> > view. Didn't want to risk injuries and
> chantilly
> > wasn't a threat
>
>
> What are you talking about Chantilly destroyed
> Garfield, Garfield cannot compete with a Concorde
> team, keep dreaming. Garfield happened to have 2
> scrimmage at once, what you are saying is making
> no sense...
>
> Westfield wants to play Stone Bridge because
> Westfield doesn't need the power points, they are
> certainly making the playoffs. They've lost the
> last two years at home in the region championship
> while undefeated. This is simply to give
> Westfield more practice against elite teams for
> team development and growth which is smart.

I would never make an issue about the Garfield/Chantilly scrimmage because I was not aware that they were either sitting out front line players or were playing 2 scrimmages simultaneously. However, Garfield's football record has been dismal ever since they won the state championship. That was a long time ago.

As for Westfield, sure they are going to the playoffs, but you never know how things develop. They could loose out in the seeding race because of playing a D5 team.

Posted by: who cares? ()
Date: August 25, 2013 01:36PM

High school football is so irrelevant. Most of the players will never move on in football and their crappy grades will limit them for the rest of their lives.

What happens after high school, Wal-Mart?

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: August 25, 2013 06:29PM

> As for Westfield, sure they are going to the
> playoffs, but you never know how things develop.
> They could loose out in the seeding race because
> of playing a D5 team.

That's his point though. Is seeding important for Westfield? They've lost the last two years as the undefeated one seed, and a few years prior to that as the undefeated one seed to Chantilly. Maybe playing a tougher schedule (although the Concorde is a doozy already) will be better for them. If the game is at Centreville or something Westfield will travel.

No big deal, they will be a 3 or 4 seed at the lowest, probably the two seed. Lake Braddock also plays Stone Bridge which will be one of the main teams competing with Westfield for seeding.

Posted by: GAMES ()
Date: August 25, 2013 10:17PM

As some schools are still finishing up their scrimmages, others are preparing for Week 1! Which Opening Matchups from around the region are you all looking forward to this week?

Games of Note:

Centreville @ West Potomac (8/29)
Fairfax @ Woodson (8/29)
Edison @ Lee (8/29)
Coolidge (DC) @ Yorktown (8/29)
Lake Braddock @ Robinson (8/30)
Hayfield @ Westfield (8/30)
T.C. Williams @ Oakton (8/30)
Mount Vernon @ South County (8/30)

Date: August 26, 2013 06:58AM

GAMES Wrote:
> As some schools are still finishing up their
> scrimmages, others are preparing for Week 1! Which
> Opening Matchups from around the region are you
> all looking forward to this week?
>
> Games of Note:
>
>
> Centreville @ West Potomac (8/29)
> Fairfax @ Woodson (8/29)
> Edison @ Lee (8/29)
> Coolidge (DC) @ Yorktown (8/29)
> Lake Braddock @ Robinson (8/30)
> Hayfield @ Westfield (8/30)
> T.C. Williams @ Oakton (8/30)
> Mount Vernon @ South County (8/30)

All of them look interesting in one respect or another with the exception of FFX vs. Woodson, Edison vs. Lee and Mt. Vernon vs. South County. Summarizing them by questions are 1) Can CVille contain Pierson-El effectively 2)How will the DC team fare against a pretty good Yorktown team and their D1 speedster Stewart s 3)will the Titans possibly upset Oakton and 4) can Hayfield hang with Westfield.

Posted by: Oakton bomb year ()
Date: August 26, 2013 12:55PM

I predict Oakton will get blown out by t.c Williams as they did by hylton who also had a very athletic team, and the lake braddock @ Robinson game will be a fun one to watch.

Posted by: Boom ()
Date: August 26, 2013 01:23PM

Most explosive Matchup might be Centreville vs West Pot. Gonna be interesting to see who has a better performance, AJ turner or Demornay Pierson-El.

FFX vs Woodson is somewhat interesting as it might be the only chance either team has a chance to win, and this is a classic crosstown rivalry.

One I'm most looking forward to? LB vs Robinson. No matter what the talent is on either side, these teams always play hard against each other. Would not be surprised to see Robo give Henderson and the Bruins a run for their money. Big game to watch.

Posted by: CRAP ()
Date: August 26, 2013 01:56PM

Oakton will be lucky if they go 5-5.

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: August 26, 2013 02:03PM

Centreville 41 @ West Potomac 15 (8/29)
Fairfax24 @ Woodson10 (8/29)
Edison 28 @ Lee 13 (8/29)
Coolidge (DC)17 @ Yorktown 38 (8/29)
Lake Braddock 31 @ Robinson 16 (8/30)
Hayfield 10 @ Westfield 22 (8/30)
T.C. Williams31 @ Oakton 27 (8/30)
Mount Vernon 14 @ South County 48 (8/30)

Posted by: peetey pablo ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:22PM

People should really look out for Falls Church. They return so much talent and beat Lee and Stafford in their first two scrimmages. Daly, Dupont, Mejia, Mulumba and Coneys are extremely talented returning all district players. there's no reason they cant beat Edison and Mount vernon who have fallen off as of late.

Posted by: Picks ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:24PM

Centreville 35 @ West Potomac 14 (8/29)
Fairfax 6 @ Woodson 10 (8/29)
Edison 20 @ Lee 13 (8/29)
Coolidge (DC)24 @ Yorktown 42 (8/29)
Lake Braddock 30 @ Robinson 27 (8/30)
Hayfield 15 @ Westfield 40 (8/30)
T.C. Williams 41 @ Oakton 16 (8/30)
Mount Vernon 21 @ South County 20 (8/30)

Posted by: pooh ()
Date: August 27, 2013 08:39AM

This is for Concorde only, if you want to talk Falls Church, Edison or Mount Vernon, please start a different thread!!!

Posted by: SCREW THE CONCORD ()
Date: August 27, 2013 09:56AM

If you want to talk about Concorde how bout we talk about Oakton who will be lucky to have a 4-6 record this year or how a bout Herndon who won 1 game last year. The Concorde is full of it and the Patriot district is just as talented.

Posted by: BUT DONT SCREW THE FACTS ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:44AM

If you think Patriot can hang with Concorde read this:

http://vhsl-reference.com/ratings_by_groupdistrictdivision_gy_2013.cfm

Oh.. I almost forgot the 5 State Rings since 2000....

Posted by: Football is for Fools ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:45AM

Look at what football gets you:

Jerry Sandusky (pedophilia)

George Allen (Ku Klux Klan)

Posted by: thread titles and you ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:46AM

pooh Wrote:
> This is for Concorde only, if you want to talk
> Falls Church, Edison or Mount Vernon, please start
> a different thread!!!

The thread is titled "High School Football 2013" not "Concorde District Football 2013". We can talk about any school we want to here but if you want to start a Concorde only thread nothing's stopping you.

I'm not hating on the Concorde, they play some great ball there. Just sayin.

Posted by: realitytime ()
Date: August 27, 2013 11:17AM

thread titles and you Wrote:
> pooh Wrote:
> -----
> > This is for Concorde only, if you want to talk
> > Falls Church, Edison or Mount Vernon, please
> start
> > a different thread!!!
>
> The thread is titled "High School Football 2013"
> not "Concorde District Football 2013". We can
> talk about any school we want to here but if you
> want to start a Concorde only thread nothing's
> stopping you.
>
> I'm not hating on the Concorde, they play some
> great ball there. Just sayin.

You can talk about any school you want! Just make sure you genuflect as you write about the Concorde teams. The obviously best conference in the state, maybe not the best team, BUT definitely the best conference. I wish Falls Church the best and hope they make the playoffs, it would be a great story if they did well.

The big boys will be slugging it out over here in the Concorde tall grass where the North 6A representative will be crowned to battle against the South's best. I would bet the house that it is a team from the Concorde headed to Scott Stadium.

Posted by: cville 2013 ()
Date: August 27, 2013 01:59PM

I just feel sorry for anyone playing centreville this year. After what I saw them do to Hylton, all I can say is wow...

Posted by: Herb Cohen ()
Date: August 27, 2013 03:17PM

It sounds like this might be Madison's year to beat Oakton, or at least give them a game. The Outback Bowl is usually a complete bore fest.

Posted by: northernregion696969 ()
Date: August 27, 2013 05:22PM

Yo why are we not talking about Woodson???
they lost bad players and our team is loaded this year. qb patrick riley bouta sling 30 tds this year easily. watch out for us fairfax aint ready at all. Big james lovett making big plays on O and D. 9-1 or 8-2 season in store for woodson. can even compete for the region won our scrimmage against edison 56-0 and beat a WCAC school in PVI handily too. dont sleep on the #cavs #newturfnewteam. and jack jacobs gained 45 pounds of muscle in the offseason and could be a beast d-end this year. Jeff obrien is coming back as well from a tremendous season last year where he was the leading rusher and all district player. #21 making big moves he failed AP government on purpose to stay an extra year and use his forth year of high school eligibility. might be the strongest running back in the DMV. Also basketball superstar Eric Bowles is playing DB for the rekindled woodson team. could be a similar team to the 09 regional runner up year with Connor Riley, JJ, and others. mark my word. Bianchi out

Posted by: DanTheMan ()
Date: August 27, 2013 05:28PM

Was at the Cville game last week, this is a much better team than last year.

Posted by: ConcordeFball ()
Date: August 27, 2013 05:48PM

northernregion696969 Wrote:
> Yo why are we not talking about Woodson???
> they lost bad players and our team is loaded this
> year. qb patrick riley bouta sling 30 tds this
> year easily. watch out for us fairfax aint ready
> at all. Big james lovett making big plays on O and
> D. 9-1 or 8-2 season in store for woodson. can
> even compete for the region won our scrimmage
> against edison 56-0 and beat a WCAC school in PVI
> handily too. dont sleep on the #cavs
> #newturfnewteam. and jack jacobs gained 45 pounds
> of muscle in the offseason and could be a beast
> d-end this year. Jeff obrien is coming back as
> well from a tremendous season last year where he
> was the leading rusher and all district player.
> #21 making big moves he failed AP government on
> purpose to stay an extra year and use his forth
> year of high school eligibility. might be the
> strongest running back in the DMV. Also basketball
> superstar Eric Bowles is playing DB for the
> rekindled woodson team. could be a similar team to
> the 09 regional runner up year with Connor Riley,
> JJ, and others. mark my word. Bianchi out

First off, just to correct you, Bowles is not on the team. In fact, HE DOESN'T EVEN GO TO WOODSON ANYMORE!!! He goes to some private school for his basketball. And sorry, but if you even make the playoffs with a 4-6 or a 5-5 record, you will have no chance against Centreville or Westfield or Lake Braddock. You may be better this year, but even to mention having a chance at the region is completely crazy.

Posted by: Woodson winning? Lol ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:50PM

Pretty sure Woodson only won 1 or 2 games last year and ill give them credit they had a lot of close games last year, but from what I hear they lost a lot of seniors so interested to see their Marshall college like scrounged up team haha.

Posted by: Woodson winning? Lol ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:50PM

Pretty sure Woodson only won 1 or 2 games last year and ill give them credit they had a lot of close games last year, but from what I hear they lost a lot of seniors so interested to see their Marshall college like scrounged up team haha.

Posted by: ConcordFballisadumbass ()
Date: August 27, 2013 11:18PM

youre an idiot ConcordFball get your facts straight. Bowles didnt transfer. dont come up here with your capital letters when a headless donkey knows more about basketball transfers than you. shut up. he is staying at woodson after originally saying he was going to clinton christian

Posted by: wooodson!!!!! ()
Date: August 28, 2013 12:02AM

woodson is THE worst program ever!!! its honestly laughable!! YOUR ONLY HOPE after josh hogan, and connor reilly era was the logan hancock, carson brown, john stokes, marcus dash, mike reaves era pat halloran and pete murray era. And its not the players' faults its the coaching you've had, going back to the coach cox then taylor and now dishunm regime. But the fact that they've had two 2-8 seasons in a row and beating the same 2 teams also shows, how BAD, Woodson, Annandale, and TC are! I mean seriously. good luck this season boys! Hopefully pat reilly can use the last name kinda like connor reilly used that!

Posted by: TheKicker ()
Date: August 28, 2013 09:11AM

Ease up, man. He got his facts wrong. Definitely not something anyone else here would do.
His premise is that when Woodson gets out with the big boys, even if they do improve, they won't be able to hang. Centreville looks like they have one of the best teams of the past 3 or 4 years and that they may not have a close game. Of course, they could go out and lose a couple (it is the Concorde), but that doesn't change that Woodson will be completely overmatched.

Posted by: footballlllllll ()
Date: August 28, 2013 11:56AM

Centreville 35 @ West Potomac 28 (8/29)
Fairfax 38 @ Woodson 10 (8/29)
Edison 23 @ Lee 7 (8/29)
Coolidge (DC)28 @ Yorktown 42 (8/29)
Lake Braddock 27 @ Robinson 30 (8/30)
Hayfield 21 @ Westfield 35 (8/30)
T.C. Williams 14 @ Oakton 21 (8/30)
Mount Vernon 10 @ South County 31 (8/30)

Watch out for Fairfax to surprise and win some big games behind RB Nick Scott, Penn State Recruit and best RB in the Region, along side a strong senior class.

Posted by: RBsEveywhere ()
Date: August 28, 2013 12:40PM

Nick Scott? I have never heard of him and highly doubtful he is the best Runningback in the Region with the likes of Aj Turner, Daluan Richardson, Pierson-El, Joe Wilson and Michael Stewart. Heck even Lee's Michael Jolly has a better case than this Nick Scott fellow.

Posted by: The Best RB? Easy. ()
Date: August 28, 2013 12:53PM

He was hindered by his stats at Fairfax with 900 yards on 84 carries last year...

Nick is the most highly recruited RB in the region head and tales better than the rest only rivaled by Pierson-El and MJ Stewart.

Recruit Page
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Scott-141769

Highlight Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TRbG2dnZC8

It should be undisputed...

Posted by: TheKicker ()
Date: August 28, 2013 03:05PM

The Best RB? Easy. Wrote:
> He was hindered by his stats at Fairfax with 900
> yards on 84 carries last year...
>
> Nick is the most highly recruited RB in the region
> head and tales better than the rest only rivaled
> by Pierson-El and MJ Stewart.
>
> It should be undisputed...

Maybe a bit ahead of yourself, but he is a very good player. I think he is on the elite level.

Elite-- Pierson-El, Stewart, Wilson, Turner, Scott (I feel like I'm forgetting someone)

Put them in any particular order and you're right, that's how close these players are. I personally would rank them 1-Wilson, 2-Pierson-El, 3-Turner, 4-Stewart, 5-Scott but if you put them in another order, I wouldn't complain.

Posted by: Coach M ()
Date: August 28, 2013 05:17PM

Lake Braddock will not stop until it reaches the State Playoffs.

Offense will average 42 points per game.

QB will throw 22 TDs.

Mark my word.

Mike Shananahan

Posted by: Really.....talent ()
Date: August 28, 2013 06:57PM

Centreville 49 @ West Potomac 14 (8/29)
Fairfax 14 @ Woodson 10 (8/29)
Edison 24 @ Lee 27 (8/29)
Coolidge (DC)21 @ Yorktown 30(8/29)
Lake Braddock 50 @ Robinson 14(8/30)
Hayfield 21 @ Westfield 24 (8/30)
T.C. Williams 28 @ Oakton 7(8/30)
Mount Vernon 10 @ South County 31 (8/30)

Posted by: Better Picks ()
Date: August 28, 2013 08:25PM

Centreville 35 @ West Potomac 27 (8/29)
Fairfax 21 @ Woodson 10 (8/29)
Edison 14 @ Lee 37 (8/29)
Coolidge (DC)12 @ Yorktown 49(8/29)
Lake Braddock 28 @ Robinson 21(8/30)
Hayfield 14 @ Westfield 44 (8/30)
T.C. Williams 6 @ Oakton 37(8/30)
Mount Vernon 0 @ South County 21 (8/30)

Posted by: Really...talent ()
Date: August 28, 2013 11:04PM

Have you seen centreville? They will dominate this year. They shouldn't lose a game for the next two years.

Posted by: Football Fever ()
Date: August 29, 2013 07:26AM

I am a big CVille fan. They should do well but I need to see them play an actual game. West Potomac should help gauge where they are.

Date: August 29, 2013 12:28PM

Football Fever Wrote:
> I am a big CVille fan. They should do well but I
> need to see them play an actual game. West
> Potomac should help gauge where they are.

Likewise, I am a CVille fan but concerned about all of the hype and the fact that I think the team believes it as well. WePo is not a team that should be taken lightly and could easily upset them in the same manner as what they did last year. Tight game with final 28-14 CVille.

Posted by: NorthernRegion80 ()
Date: August 29, 2013 01:01PM

Herb Cohen Wrote:
> It sounds like this might be Madison's year to
> beat Oakton, or at least give them a game. The
> Outback Bowl is usually a complete bore fest.

It does seem as though Madison will have their best shot at knocking off Oakton as of recent. But it will be hard seeing as one of their better players is questionable coming off knee surgery.

Posted by: Football Fever ()
Date: August 29, 2013 01:23PM

Inquisitive One. I am right there with you. Lots of talent but we have to see how well they come together as a team and not listen to the hype. Two years ago, with all of that CVille talent, they beat Westpo 49-10 and a young Caleb Henderson. That was a team. Outside of Ekanmem, no superstars, but they relied on each other.

Last year's WePo team beat a very injured CVIlle team. I think 3 or 4 started were hurt prior or in that game and Hadoock was trying to fill the gaps. We were up 20-10 at halftime and ran out of steam.

If we can stop the big plays that Hylton had, we should do fine

Date: August 29, 2013 01:30PM

Football Fever Wrote:
> Inquisitive One. I am right there with you. Lots
> of talent but we have to see how well they come
> together as a team and not listen to the hype.
> Two years ago, with all of that CVille talent,
> they beat Westpo 49-10 and a young Caleb
> Henderson. That was a team. Outside of Ekanmem,
> no superstars, but they relied on each other.
>
> Last year's WePo team beat a very injured CVIlle
> team. I think 3 or 4 started were hurt prior or
> in that game and Hadoock was trying to fill the
> gaps. We were up 20-10 at halftime and ran out of
> steam.
>
> If we can stop the big plays that Hylton had, we
> should do fine

Oh my, if stopping the big play is your concern then it could be a long night. Pierson-El is nothing but a big play highlight film. Hope that Haddock has a scheme to contain him because he is SOOOO elusive.

Posted by: Goosebumps ()
Date: August 29, 2013 01:37PM

Either way I'm excited to see the outcome of the west pot game and robo tmrw! High school football is finally here!!!

Posted by: ChargerFan ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:48PM

did Stone Bridge and Chantilly scrimmage last night?

Date: August 29, 2013 03:09PM

ChargerFan Wrote:
> did Stone Bridge and Chantilly scrimmage last
> night?

There is a video on the WaPo All Mets website. I believe that Stone Bridge won in a narrow low scoring affair.

Date: August 29, 2013 08:42PM

Football Fever Wrote:
> Inquisitive One. I am right there with you. Lots
> of talent but we have to see how well they come
> together as a team and not listen to the hype.
> Two years ago, with all of that CVille talent,
> they beat Westpo 49-10 and a young Caleb
> Henderson. That was a team. Outside of Ekanmem,
> no superstars, but they relied on each other.
>
> Last year's WePo team beat a very injured CVIlle
> team. I think 3 or 4 started were hurt prior or
> in that game and Hadoock was trying to fill the
> gaps. We were up 20-10 at halftime and ran out of
> steam.
>
> If we can stop the big plays that Hylton had, we
> should do fine

There living up to the hype... Centreville is up 30-0 with 6 minutes to go in the second quarter, and West Po is not a bad team they are beating up on. Wow.

Posted by: TShizz ()
Date: August 29, 2013 09:06PM

It's only the 2nd quarter and Lee is killing Edison 47-27. I wonder if Lee can compete in the patriot district this year?

Posted by: WildCats are the stuff! ()
Date: August 29, 2013 09:08PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Football Fever Wrote:
> -----
> > Inquisitive One. I am right there with you.
> Lots
> > of talent but we have to see how well they come
> > together as a team and not listen to the hype.
> > Two years ago, with all of that CVille talent,
> > they beat Westpo 49-10 and a young Caleb
> > Henderson. That was a team. Outside of
> Ekanmem,
> > no superstars, but they relied on each other.
> >
> > Last year's WePo team beat a very injured
> CVIlle
> > team. I think 3 or 4 started were hurt prior
> or
> > in that game and Hadoock was trying to fill the
> > gaps. We were up 20-10 at halftime and ran out
> of
> > steam.
> >
> > If we can stop the big plays that Hylton had,
> we
> > should do fine
>
>
> There living up to the hype... Centreville is up
> 30-0 with 6 minutes to go in the second quarter,
> and West Po is not a bad team they are beating up
> on. Wow.

Now 44-0 at the half. Wowza!!!

Date: August 29, 2013 09:08PM

Wow indeed. Dominant first half. Two TD receptions, two turnovers, scored on all five possessions and a safety. Good night work. Let the subs get some experience.

Date: August 29, 2013 09:21PM

TShizz Wrote:
> It's only the 2nd quarter and Lee is killing
> Edison 47-27. I wonder if Lee can compete in the
> patriot district this year?

We'll see. Seeing them play Chantilly next week will be a good indicator.

Date: August 29, 2013 09:30PM

Tomorrow's game between LB and Robo will be a good indicator of how good LB is. LB should win by 18. Anything less will be a disappointment.

Posted by: blah2 ()
Date: August 29, 2013 09:41PM

> What are you talking about Chantilly destroyed
> Garfield, Garfield cannot compete with a Concorde
> team, keep dreaming. Garfield happened to have 2
> scrimmage at once, what you are saying is making
> no sense...

back in the seventies Garfield would routinely crush Northern Va teams. Long time ago, and they had a size advantage back then but they also had much lower budgets etc. it could happen.

Posted by: blah = stupid ()
Date: August 29, 2013 09:52PM

blah gives a GREAT history lesson! Heard anything about the Titanic lately you moron? Pigs could also fly you idiot...........

blah2 Wrote:
> > What are you talking about Chantilly destroyed
> > Garfield, Garfield cannot compete with a
> Concorde
> > team, keep dreaming. Garfield happened to have
> 2
> > scrimmage at once, what you are saying is
> making
> > no sense...
>
> back in the seventies Garfield would routinely
> crush Northern Va teams. Long time ago, and they
> had a size advantage back then but they also had
> much lower budgets etc. it could happen.

Posted by: top rated defense ()
Date: August 29, 2013 10:14PM

3rd quarter

Lee - 75
Edison - 40

I can not wait to see stats in the Post tomorrow

Posted by: Really....talent ()
Date: August 29, 2013 10:20PM

Where are the haters who said I was crazy for my Centreville score of 49 14?
Centreville will not lose all season. They will not even be in a close game all season. If they don't will 2 state titles Haddock should be embarrassed!!

Posted by: Scores ()
Date: August 29, 2013 11:50PM

Anybody got the Final scores for games? Mostly interested in the Centreville/WestPo game and the shoot out that turned out to be Lee/Edison.

Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 27

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.