HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 27
Re: Highschool Football 2013
Posted by: hammerhawks ()
Date: October 31, 2013 01:39PM

lol hayfield never loses to falls church don't think it'll be any different this year..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Won and Done ()
Date: October 31, 2013 01:51PM

Falls Church alumn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My jaguars will beat Hayfield. The jaguars have
> uplifted the Falls Church community so much. This
> years team has so much athleticism and talent
> everywhere! Daly,Coneys, Dupont, Mulumba, Mejia,
> Khalek and Gray have all taken their game to the
> next level this year.

You got to love the Jags season! Unfortunately they will play 2 then BBQ!! They cannot hang with the top dogs of 5A. I hope they can win 1 playoff game to keep the good vibe going for one more week! Enjoy it while you can Falls Church! It will only last a maximum of 2 extra weeks

Posted by: agreed ()
Date: October 31, 2013 01:55PM

agree, with the poster above. Some of the Loudoun County schools are loaded with talent and depth. With that being said, Falls Church should still beat an underachieving Hayfield team that is coached by a bunch of little league coaches.

Posted by: mark85 ()
Date: October 31, 2013 01:57PM

some schools need to discontinue the football program....marshall, etc.

last season i witnessed them get absolutely punished @ south lakes 53-0 (score after 3rd q)

sitting on the marshall side with my ex (to escape the crowded home side) i heard parents cussing about the coaching staff, players, etc. (happened whole game)

i can't imagine why they don't discontinue the football program....clearly nothing positive is coming out of this

Posted by: Recipe for 4-36 Seasons ()
Date: October 31, 2013 02:22PM

mark85 Wrote:
> some schools need to discontinue the football
> program....marshall, etc.
>
> last season i witnessed them get absolutely
> punished @ south lakes 53-0 (score after 3rd q)
>
> sitting on the marshall side with my ex (to escape
> the crowded home side) i heard parents cussing
> about the coaching staff, players, etc. (happened
> whole game)
>
> i can't imagine why they don't discontinue the
> football program....clearly nothing positive is
> coming out of this

Low-rent types from Pimmit Hills who like to argue and get tossed out of games by referees + overprotective helicopter parents from Vienna + illegals = bad football talent.

Posted by: Rocco Socco ()
Date: November 01, 2013 03:17PM

Prediction of the Week.

Lake Braddock 35
South County 7

SoCo can't hang with the big boyz.

Posted by: update.. ()
Date: November 01, 2013 08:44PM

Halftime

LB 28
Soco 14

Posted by: tim riggins ()
Date: November 01, 2013 10:05PM

Robinson wins! 29-28 over Chantilly

Posted by: hammerhawks ()
Date: November 01, 2013 10:18PM

hayfield handles falls church just like every other year......LOL at everyone who thought they were going to win.

Posted by: FHS grad ()
Date: November 01, 2013 11:09PM

Stone Bridge won a nail biter 33-28

Posted by: Marshall fan ()
Date: November 01, 2013 11:33PM

Did Marshall really beat South Lakes 38-7?

Posted by: No ()
Date: November 01, 2013 11:42PM

Marshall fan Wrote:
> Did Marshall really beat South Lakes 38-7?
No other way around 38-7 south lakes

Posted by: Dyslexic Footballers ()
Date: November 01, 2013 11:45PM

No, South Lakes beat the hapless Statesmen 38-7.

All that's left is a loss to Madison to nail down two consecutive 0-10 seasons.

It will be tough, but they will pull it off.

Posted by: Not Surprised ()
Date: November 02, 2013 12:04AM

Not surprised SB barely beat Fairfax in a close game, before the game I thought Fairfax could even win. Sb lost the second half to South Lakes last week. Did it again tonight with Fairfax. The SB secondary has been getting torched all year starting with game 1 against LB. SB will only win round 1 of the playoffs this year and it will be for many reasons most of all their secondary can't play more than likely because they have not been coached on how to play better.Rejoice Fairfaxunderground SB talk will end early this year

Posted by: FHS grad ()
Date: November 02, 2013 01:08AM

Man I was there the last play was dead silent we all where dead slient and a sad end to one of our best seasons since w2001
Not Surprised Wrote
> Not surprised SB barely beat Fairfax in a close
> game, before the game I thought Fairfax could even
> win. Sb lost the second half to South Lakes last
> week. Did it again tonight with Fairfax. The SB
> secondary has been getting torched all year
> starting with game 1 against LB. SB will only win
> round 1 of the playoffs this year and it will be
> for many reasons most of all their secondary can't
> play more than likely because they have not been
> coached on how to play better.Rejoice
> Fairfaxunderground SB talk will end early this
> year

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: November 02, 2013 06:52AM

What happened in the Robinson-Chantilly game? Score wise looked like a fantastic game as predicted on here. I assume Chantilly will still make the playoffs but with Westfield next week, if they lose that game, how low can they fall in the seeding?

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: November 02, 2013 09:35AM

Here are the unofficial rankings including the games played on November 1.

Lake Braddock 35.66667
2 Centreville 35.11111
3 Westfield 32.77778
4 Langley 31.00000
5 Yorktown 30.77778
6 Washington-Lee 30.44444
7 Patriot 30.11111
8 South County 30.11111
9 T.C. Williams 29.00000
10 Robinson 28.66667
11 Battlefield 28.11111
12 Fairfax 27.66667
13 Stonewall Jackson (Manassas) 27.40000
14 Chantilly 27.11111
15 Hayfield 26.44444
16 South Lakes 26.22222
17 McLean 25.66667
18 West Potomac 25.00000

A couple of items that sort of jumps off of the page when initially looking at these new rankings is that Centreville will be playing for the No. 1 seed as well as the District Title and undefeated regular season when they play Robinson next Friday evening. Also, even with a loss to Westfield, Chantilly would probably only drop to a No. 15 seed in the final ranking. This would be based on probable win by Hayfield and losses by South Lakes Mclean and West Potomac.

Posted by: Purple Knight ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:03AM

The 16 team playoff is interesting, but it leads to a lot more flawed rankings than the old format. Chantilly and then Oakton are better than quite a few of the teams seeded 6 through 16, yet Chantilly may be a 15 seed and Oakton is likely out of the playoffs.

While I do think if Chantilly falls to the 15 seed, they will most certainly be out against Lake Braddock, Lake Braddock still must be bummed having to play a quality team like Chantilly, who just barely lost the last two games losing to Yorktown by 2 and Robinson by 1. Aside from Centreville and Lake Braddock, Chantilly is more than capable of beating anyone in the region, and Westfield-Chantilly is going to be awesome next week.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:18AM

Annandale @ West Potomac (-21.0)
*West Potomac won 39-28 and did not cover the spread.

Edison (-10.0) @ Stuart
*Edison won 42-10.

Falls Church @ Hayfield (-6.0) *Upset pick and a game of the week
*Hayfield wins 28-26; called the upset and that this game would be one of the best this week, but Hayfield did not cover the spread.

Herndon @ Centreville (-45.0)
*Centreville won 56-20; but did not cover the spread.

Langley (-28.0) @ Madison
*Langley won 49-14 and covered the spread.

Lee @ Woodson (-6.5)
*Woodson won 28-7; they are putting together some good football the past few weeks and Coach just may be buying himself another year. As an outside observer they have gotten a little bit better each of the 3 years under Dishun.

McLean (-14.0) @ Jefferson
*McLean won 41-20.

Robinson @ Chantilly (-7.0) *Game of the Week
*Robinson won 29-28

South County @ Lake Braddock (-28.0)
*Patriot District Championship Game so it does deserve some hype for sure. I think South County will break Lake Braddock’s 21 scoreless quarter streak, but won’t score that much. My arguments for why Braddock is so heavily favored are posted above in some comments. This will be the best atmosphere of the week by far which is always a major consideration when picking a game to attend, but I think if you want a close football game with high playoff implications, Robinson @ Chantilly is the one to be at.

South Lakes (-31.0) @ Marshall
*South Lakes won 38-7; nailed this spread.

Stone Bridge (-28.0) @ Fairfax
*Stone Bridge won 33-28; Fairfax battled hard.

TC Williams (-28.0) @ West Springfield
*TC Williams won 14-10. They look so good some weeks, and then others you ask how the hell did they struggle so much against weak competition? TC Williams is a pretender this year.

Washington Lee (-20.0) @ Wakefield
Washington Lee won 56-21.

Westfield (-21.0) @ Oakton
Westfield won 35-7.

Yorktown (-24.0) @ Mount Vernon
Yorktown won 31-21.

Posted by: Realist ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:47AM

Woodson will more than likely end this season 2-8 for the 3rd season in a row. 3-7 at best. During that time he's had players who had talent enough to become QB at UVA, WR at Richmond, another D1 WR this season, and many successful D2 players. Yet, he goes 2-8 every year. most schools that go 2-8 every year don't have that kind of talent. The guy can't coach. It's in the W's.

Posted by: Hay ()
Date: November 02, 2013 01:01PM

I sure heard a lot of chatter from Falls Church this past week.

What happened?

"crickets, crickets...."

Posted by: Lighten up on the jags ()
Date: November 02, 2013 01:23PM

Hay Wrote:
> I sure heard a lot of chatter from Falls Church
> this past week.
>
> What happened?
>
> "crickets, crickets...."

Not at Falls Church, but have to be happy to see a small school like Falls Church without a deep pool of kids to draw upon to field a team put together a nice season. And there's no big rivalry between Falls Church and Hayfield, so you just sound like a twerp.

Posted by: perplexed ()
Date: November 02, 2013 02:52PM

Confused that Stonewall is considered "still in the running" as they have already completed their season and with a total of 27.4 they would surely be bumped after the final games played

Posted by: .... ()
Date: November 02, 2013 04:13PM

SC had about 600 yards of offense and yet only scored 21 points......

Posted by: EasternVaFan ()
Date: November 02, 2013 05:56PM

.... Wrote:
> SC had about 600 yards of offense and yet only
> scored 21 points......

Yeah, SoCo's O looked good--smart QB, quick reads on the option and team speed. Too many penalties and TOs on a night when its D had lapses in coverage, didn't plug run gaps and waived at the QB when he ran. Much credit to LB--balance on both sides of the ball and decent kicking last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 05:56PM by EasternVaFan.

Posted by: jimmy the greek.....not! ()
Date: November 02, 2013 08:50PM

WTF?
How can you call an upset by picking Hayfield, even though the spread was Hayfield favored by 6? If you're picking an upset of the week, then you would be picking the team that is not favored!
Are you retarded?

Posted by: obvi ()
Date: November 02, 2013 09:17PM

^^^this is obviously a threat full of parents that know little to none lol

Date: November 02, 2013 09:38PM

jimmy the greek.....not! Wrote:
> WTF?
> How can you call an upset by picking Hayfield,
> even though the spread was Hayfield favored by 6?
> If you're picking an upset of the week, then you
> would be picking the team that is not favored!
> Are you retarded?

You do know the spreads are my picks and these aren't actual ones coming in from Vegas? I picked Hayfield to win by 6, which is considered an upset, that isn't some magical line I am going by... On paper most people would have picked Falls Church and if it was a real line, they probably would have been favored.

Regardless of your confusion, there is never a need to throw around the retard word and I feel extremely strong about that. Chill the hell out.

Posted by: Stonebridge12 ()
Date: November 03, 2013 11:04AM

Fairfax gave us all we could handle and they threw it all over the field, we were not ready for that thought they would just run #2 all night. Our line killed them at the end when it mattered we knocked them off the ball.

Falls Church @ Hayfield November 1, 2013
Posted by: Stuart Borris ()
Date: November 03, 2013 11:19AM

I went to this game because my daughter came from Island Creek Elementary to participate in the Hayfield junior cheerleader event. She enjoyed herself and had a great experience with the Hayfield cheerleaders. As her dad, I loved seeing that. The interesting thing is this turned out to be the most exciting and thrilling high school football game I have ever witnessed in person. It really was. Early on it was all Falls Church. They were running and passing the ball well and pushing Hayfield around. To be honest, Hayfield did not look ready to play at times. They allowed blocked a field goal and they botched a handoff on offense that resulted in a fumble deep in their own territory. Falls Church dominated and took a 20-0 lead. And then I heard somebody get angry on the Hayfield sideline, yelling at the top of his lungs. Right after that, everything changed. Hayfield scored 28 unanswered points. It started at the very end of the first half. On 3rd and 8 at around their own 10 yard line, Hayfield threw 90+ yard touchdown bomb. Then got another touchdown early in the 3rd. Then picked off the throw from the Falls church QB, which lead to another touchdown they got on on 3rd and goal. Hayfield's last touchdown was another well thrown long bomb down the right sideline, in which the receiver broke a tackle and trotted into the endzone. It was a thrilling to watch how this game turned. Hayfield took control 28-20. However, Falls Church came back had people biting their nails when it got a touchdown with 20 seconds left. All they needed was the 2 point conversion to tie it. Falls Churched approached the line for the attempt. The band beat on their drums and Hayfield's crowd began to stomp and yell for the defense. It was a tense moment. Falls Church then went for the 2 by bulldozing a run up the middle. But Hayfield's defense stood them up and secured the 28-26 win. Everyone on the Hayfield side yelled and cheered. It was a thrilling win for Hayfield's players and their crowd. The Falls Church players went to their knees were understandably dejected. The old cliché "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" applies here. I myself was very happy because I saw my daughter enjoy herself with the cheerleaders and saw the most exciting high school game of my life. I attended WT Woodson in the 1980s, but I never saw a thrilling game like this. Thank You Hayfield, you made a fun night!!

SJB

Football - Falls Church @ Hayfield. November 1, 2013
Date: November 03, 2013 11:24AM

I went to this game because my daughter came from Island Creek Elementary to participate in the Hayfield junior cheerleader event. She enjoyed herself and had a great experience with the Hayfield cheerleaders. As her dad, I loved seeing that. The interesting thing is this turned out to be the most exciting and thrilling high school football game I have ever witnessed in person. It really was. Early on it was all Falls Church. They were running and passing the ball well and pushing Hayfield around. To be honest, Hayfield did not look ready to play at times. The Hawks allowed blocked a field goal and they botched a handoff on offense that resulted in a fumble deep in their own territory. Falls Church dominated and took a 20-0 lead. And then I heard somebody get angry on the Hayfield sideline, yelling at the top of his lungs. Right after that, everything changed. Hayfield scored 28 unanswered points. It started at the very end of the first half. On 3rd and 8 at around their own 10 yard line, Hayfield threw 90+ yard touchdown bomb. Then got another touchdown early in the 3rd. Then picked off the throw from the Falls church QB, which lead to another touchdown they got on on 3rd and goal. Hayfield's last touchdown was another well thrown long bomb down the right sideline, in which the receiver broke a tackle and trotted into the endzone. It was a thrilling to watch how this game turned. Hayfield took control 28-20. However, Falls Church came back had people biting their nails when it got a touchdown with 20 seconds left. All they needed was the 2 point conversion to tie it. Falls Churched approached the line for the attempt. The band beat on their drums and Hayfield's crowd began to stomp and yell for the defense. It was a tense moment. Falls Church then went for the 2 by bulldozing a run up the middle. But Hayfield's defense stood them up and secured the 28-26 win. Everyone on the Hayfield side yelled and cheered. It was a thrilling win for Hayfield's players and their crowd. The Falls Church players went to their knees were understandably dejected. The old cliché "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" applies here. I myself was very happy because I saw my daughter enjoy herself with the cheerleaders and saw the most exciting high school game of my life. I attended WT Woodson in the 1980s, but I never saw a thrilling game like this. Thank You Hayfield, you made a fun night!!

SJB

Falls Church @ Hayfield. Lutz Stadium, Alexandria, VA. November 01, 2013
Date: November 03, 2013 12:29PM

I went to this game because my daughter came from Island Creek Elementary to participate in the Hayfield junior cheerleader event. She enjoyed herself and had a great experience with the Hayfield cheerleaders. As her dad, I loved seeing that. The interesting thing is this turned out to be the most exciting and thrilling high school football game I have ever witnessed in person. It really was. Early on it was all Falls Church. They were running and passing the ball well and pushing Hayfield around. To be honest, Hayfield did not look ready to play at times. The Hawks allowed a blocked field goal and they botched a handoff on offense that resulted in a fumble deep in their own territory. Falls Church dominated and took a 20-0 lead. And then I heard somebody get angry on the Hayfield sideline, yelling at the top of his lungs. Right after that, everything changed. Hayfield scored 28 unanswered points. It started at the very end of the first half. On 3rd and 8 at around their own 10 yard line, Hayfield threw 90+ yard touchdown bomb. Then got another touchdown early in the 3rd. Then picked off the throw from the Falls church QB, which lead to another touchdown they got on on 3rd and goal. Hayfield's last touchdown was another well thrown long bomb down the right sideline, in which the receiver broke a tackle and trotted into the endzone. It was a thrilling to watch how this game turned. Hayfield took control 28-20. However, Falls Church came back had people biting their nails when it got a touchdown with 20 seconds left. All they needed was the 2 point conversion to tie it. Falls Churched approached the line for the attempt. The band beat on their drums and Hayfield's crowd began to stomp and yell for the defense. It was a tense moment. Falls Church then went for the 2 by bulldozing a run up the middle. But Hayfield's defense stood them up and secured the 28-26 win. Everyone on the Hayfield side yelled and cheered. It was a thrilling win for Hayfield's players and their crowd. The Falls Church players went to their knees were understandably dejected. The old cliché "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" applies here. I myself was very happy because I saw my daughter enjoy herself with the cheerleaders and saw the most exciting high school game of my life. I attended WT Woodson in the 1980s, but I never saw a thrilling game like this. Thank You Hayfield, you made a fun night!!

SJB

Posted by: Chuck Bable ()
Date: November 03, 2013 07:49PM

LB vs SOCO: very nicely played game by Lake Braddock but it really disappoints me to see such a good offense be held down by such a crappy defense. Defensive Backs were completely embarrassed with LB coming out on the first drive and burning them for a 50 yard + completion. There is no way SOCO will survive in D6 playoffs is they have no defense what so ever. Obviously SOCO didn't put out the 50+ points that they average but there is just no momentum being created by the defense. Lake Braddocks special teams also put a damper on SOCOs field position. I like SOCO a lot because they are looked at by all the other D6 teams like some crappy team that belongs in D5. I'm
Interested to see how they do in the playoffs. Lake Braddock is beatable. Teams just need to have a solid, mistake free game.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: November 03, 2013 08:13PM

Chuck Bable Wrote:
> LB vs SOCO: very nicely played game by Lake
> Braddock but it really disappoints me to see such
> a good offense be held down by such a crappy
> defense. Defensive Backs were completely
> embarrassed with LB coming out on the first drive
> and burning them for a 50 yard + completion. There
> is no way SOCO will survive in D6 playoffs is they
> have no defense what so ever.

Well, I was at the SC-Chantilly game and their secondary was just flat out pretty poor.

Date: November 03, 2013 08:14PM

Lake Braddock is definitely beatable, Westfield almost had them and Centreville is quite a bit better just because they have the athletes in the secondary and the defensive pass rush to really disrupt Lake Braddock.

It wouldn't suprise me if Lake Braddock does get upset before the regional final, but I am really looking forward to Centreville-Lake Braddock if it does happen which I suspect it will.

Posted by: nat4lee ()
Date: November 03, 2013 09:05PM

I don't think I've ever been this ashamed to make the playoffs before...

Do you realize that as ugly as Robert E. Lee has been this year, with only two rather strange wins to their name, that they will most likely still make the playoffs?

This system needs to be revisited.

Posted by: Playoff Fan ()
Date: November 03, 2013 10:25PM

There is nothing wrong with letting 16 trams in the playoffs per region, per Division.

Your reward, for example, for earning the 15th or 16th seed in D6 is to get the chance to line up and get beat up on my Centreville or Braddock. The top seeds will not earn a bye, per se, but there sure will get some rest for their starters, while the 8 and 9 seeds duke it out before the winner plays # 1.

Some programs with severe disadvantages, like Falls Church or Lee, get to take their kids on a short trip to a big-time atmosphere. It also allows that many more kids to experience playoff football, and gives schools at least another week to practice and try and get their future starters ready.

Sure, we will see some blowouts early, but at least one or two lower seeds will win every year.

Win - win, as I see it.

Posted by: Playoff Fan ()
Date: November 03, 2013 10:26PM

"teams", not "trams" - sorry for the typo!

Date: November 03, 2013 10:32PM

Gotta agree with a well-reasoned statement... wait... can I actually do that on this website?

Date: November 03, 2013 10:36PM

Here's an excerpt from the Washington Post a couple of days ago... makes one think...

To explain why the Virginia High School League’s re-jiggered, more-inclusive playoff system might not be such a bad thing, Potomac (Va.) Coach Keith King brushed back a few mental cobwebs and cited the curious case of the 1986 Edison Eagles.

Edison finished the regular season with a mundane 5-4-1 record that year, but ran the gamut in region and state playoffs en route to a Division 5 title.

Posted by: TOOOfunny ()
Date: November 04, 2013 03:51AM

So...how did THAT prognostication work out for ya ??

Posted by: wy3kW ()
Date: November 04, 2013 04:23AM

nat4lee Wrote:
> Here's an excerpt from the Washington Post a
> couple of days ago... makes one think...
>
> To explain why the Virginia High School League’s
> re-jiggered, more-inclusive playoff system might
> not be such a bad thing, Potomac (Va.) Coach Keith
> King brushed back a few mental cobwebs and cited
> the curious case of the 1986 Edison Eagles.
>
> Edison finished the regular season with a mundane
> 5-4-1 record that year, but ran the gamut in
> region and state playoffs en route to a Division 5
> title.

Edison was such a joke, still is.....and it was Division 5.

Date: November 04, 2013 07:28AM

wy3kW Wrote:
>
> Edison was such a joke, still is.....and it was
> Division 5.

Edison won the state championship in 1986. How much better can you be? In case you forget your recent history they also won the region title in 2006 and played an amazing Phoebus team to the wire in the state title game.

Short of building few thousand new homes where there is no more land, Edison will never be a D6.

Posted by: Stat Boy ()
Date: November 04, 2013 08:21AM

Anyone have the updated power points and playoff seeding?

And why are there so many haters on this thread? You would think that those folks who are always basing anything and everything on this would just avoid coming here.

Maybe they couldmn't make their own team, or get on the field for any meaningful time?

High school sports offers out kids so much in the way of learning how things work in the real world, like selflessness, team work, hard work, reaching and working for your goals. Something many sorely lack in these times of video games, helicopter parents, and our blameless society.

Date: November 04, 2013 08:43AM

Here is the current standings with one week to ago, along with my personal thoughts in asterisks.

Group 6A North Playoff Standings
-------------------------------------

#1. 35.67 (9-0) Lake Braddock (Burke) **FALLS TO 2 SEED?**
#2. 35.11 (9-0) Centreville (Clifton) **RISES TO 1 SEED?**
#3. 32.78 (7-2) Westfield (Chantilly)
#4. 31.00 (7-2) Langley (McLean) **FALLS TO 5 SEED?**
#5. 30.78 (8-1) Yorktown (Arlington) **RISES TO 4 SEED?**
#6. 30.44 (7-2) Washington-Lee (Arlington) **FALLS TO 9 SEED?**
#7. 30.11 (7-2) Patriot (Nokesville) **RISES TO 6 SEED?**
#8. 30.11 (7-2) South County (Lorton) **RISES TO 7 SEED?**
#9. 29.00 (6-3) Thomas C. Williams (Alexandria) **RISES TO 8 SEED?**
#10. 28.67 (7-2) James W. Robinson (Fairfax) **FALLS TO 11 SEED?**
#11. 28.11 (6-3) Battlefield (Haymarket) **FALLS TO 12 SEED?**
#12. 27.67 (6-3) Fairfax (Fairfax) **RISES TO 10 SEED?**
#13. 27.40 (6-4) Stonewall Jackson (Manassas)
#14. 27.11 (5-4) Chantilly (Chantilly) **FALLS TO 15 SEED?**
#15. 26.44 (4-5) Hayfield (Alexandria) **RISES TO 14 SEED?**
#16. 26.22 (5-4) South Lakes (Reston)
----------------------------------------------
TOP 16 TEAMS ADVANCE TO REGIONAL PLAYOFFS
#17. 25.67 (5-4) McLean (McLean)
#18. 25.00 (4-5) West Potomac (Alexandria)
#19. 24.67 (4-5) Oakton (Vienna)
#20. 23.00 (3-6) West Springfield (Springfield)
#21. 22.56 (2-7) Osbourn Park (Manassas)
#22. 22.56 (2-7) Osbourn (Manassas)
#23. 22.11 (2-7) Wilburt T. Woodson (Fairfax)
#24. 20.67 (1-8) Herndon (Herndon)
#25. 19.56 (1-8) Annandale (Annandale)
#26. 19.56 (0-9) James Madison (Vienna)

Here are the projected first-round games if the playoffs started today:

#16 South Lakes (5-4) at #1 Lake Braddock (9-0)
#15 Hayfield (4-5) at #2 Centreville (9-0)
#14 Chantilly (5-4) at #3 Westfield (7-2)
#13 Stonewall Jackson (6-4) at #4 Langley (7-2)
#12 Fairfax (6-3) at #5 Yorktown (8-1)
#11 Battlefield (6-3) at #6 Washington-Lee (7-2)
#10 James W. Robinson (7-2) at #7 Patriot (7-2)
#9 Thomas C. Williams (6-3) at #8 South County (7-2)

Date: November 04, 2013 08:44AM

Here is the current standings with one week to ago, along with my personal thoughts in asterisks.

Group 5A North Playoff Standings
-------------------------------------

#1. 34.44 (9-0) Massaponax (Fredericksburg)
#2. 31.67 (8-1) Tuscarora (Leesburg) **FALLS TO 4 SEED?**
#3. 31.11 (7-2) Stone Bridge (Ashburn)
#4. 30.33 (8-1) Briar Woods (Ashburn) **RISES TO 2 SEED?**
#5. 29.70 (8-2) North Stafford (Stafford)
#6. 29.56 (6-3) Mountain View (Stafford)
#7. 28.00 (6-3) Albemarle (Charlottesville)
#8. 27.56 (6-3) Broad Run (Ashburn)
#9. 27.22 (6-3) Falls Church (Falls Church)
#10. 25.22 (4-5) Freedom (Woodbridge)
#11. 23.22 (3-6) Potomac (Dumfries)
#12. 23.00 (3-6) Mount Vernon (Alexandria)
#13. 22.56 (4-5) Thomas Jefferson (Alexandria) **FALLS TO 14 SEED?**
#14. 22.11 (4-5) Potomac Falls (Sterling) **RISES TO 13 SEED?**
#15. 21.44 (3-6) Thomas A. Edison (Alexandria) **FALLS TO 16 SEED?**
#16. 21.11 (2-7) Robert E. Lee (Springfield) **RISES TO 15 SEED?**
TOP 16 TEAMS ADVANCE TO REGIONAL PLAYOFFS
#17. 21.00 (2-7) Brooke Point (Stafford)
#18. 19.89 (2-7) Wakefield (Arlington)
#19. 19.33 (2-7) J.E.B. Stuart (Falls Church)
#20. 19.22 (2-7) Patrick Henry (Ashland)
#21. 18.67 (1-8) Orange County (Orange)
#22. 17.67 (1-8) Freedom (South Riding)
#23. 17.33 (1-8) Halifax County (South Boston)
#24. 17.22 (0-9) George C. Marshall (Falls Church)

Here are the projected first-round games if the playoffs started today:

#16 Robert E. Lee (2-7) at #1 Massaponax (9-0)
#15 Thomas A. Edison (3-6) at #2 Tuscarora (8-1)
#14 Potomac Falls (4-5) at #3 Stone Bridge (7-2)
#13 Thomas Jefferson (4-5) at #4 Briar Woods (8-1)
#12 Mount Vernon (3-6) at #5 North Stafford (8-2)
#11 Potomac (4-5) at #6 Mountain View (6-3)
#10 Freedom (4-5) at #7 Albemarle (6-3)
#9 Falls Church (6-3) at #8 Broad Run (6-3)

Date: November 04, 2013 11:24AM

Cardinal District **CHAMPION UNDETERMINED**
-------------------------------------------------

**District champion to be determined Friday night when Forest Park visits Hylton.

#1. Cecil D. Hylton (Woodbridge, 6A-South) -- 8-1 district, 8-1 overall
#2. Forest Park (Woodbridge, 6A-South) -- 7-2 district, 7-2 overall
#3. Patriot (Nokesville, 6A-North) -- 7-2 district, 7-2 overall
#4. Battlefield (Haymarket, 6A-North) -- 6-3 district, 6-3 overall
#5. Stonewall Jackson (Manassas, 6A-North) -- 6-4 district, 6-4 overall
#6. Woodbridge (Woodbridge, 6A-South) -- 5-4 district, 5-4 overall
#7. Freedom (Woodbridge, 5A-North) -- 4-5 district, 4-5 overall
#8. Potomac (Dumfries, 5A-North) -- 3-6 district, 3-6 overall
#9. Osbourn Park (Manassas, 6A-North) -- 2-7 district, 2-7 overall
#10. Osbourn (Manassas, 6A-North) -- 2-7 district, 2-7 overall
#11. Gar-Field (Woodbridge, 6A-South) -- 0-9 district, 0-9 overall

Date: November 04, 2013 11:24AM

Commonwealth District **CHAMPION: MASSAPONAX**
----------------------------------------------------

#1. Massaponax (Fredericksburg, 5A-North) -- 5-0 district, 9-0 overall
#2. North Stafford (Stafford, 5A-North) -- 4-2 district, 8-2 overall
#3. Mountain View (Stafford, 5A-North) -- 3-2 district, 6-3 overall
#4. Colonial Forge (Stafford, 6A-South) -- 3-2 district, 6-3 overall
#5. Riverbend (Fredericksburg, 6A-South) -- 1-4 district, 5-4 overall
#6. Brooke Point (Stafford, 5A-North) -- 1-4 district, 2-7 overall
#7. Stafford (Fredericksburg, 6A-South) -- 1-4 district, 1-8 overall

Date: November 04, 2013 11:25AM

Concorde District **CHAMPION: CENTREVILLE**

#1. Centreville (Clifton, 6A-North) -- 4-0 district, 9-0 overall
#2. Westfield (Chantilly, 6A-North) -- 3-1 district, 7-2 overall
#3. James W. Robinson (Fairfax, 6A-North) -- 3-1 district, 7-2 overall
#4. Chantilly (Chantilly, 6A-North) -- 2-2 district, 5-4 overall
#5. Oakton (Vienna, 6A-North) -- 0-4 district, 4-5 overall
#6. Herndon (Herndon, 6A-North) -- 0-4 district, 1-8 overall

Date: November 04, 2013 11:25AM

Liberty District **CHAMPION UNDETERMINED**

**Langley visits McLean and TJ visits Stone Bridge. Langley must win, and Stone Bridge lose for Langley to take title.

#1. Stone Bridge (Ashburn, 5A-North) -- 6-0 district, 7-2 overall
#2. Langley (McLean, 6A-North) -- 5-1 district, 7-2 overall
#3. Fairfax (Fairfax, 6A-North) -- 4-2 district, 6-3 overall
#4. McLean (McLean, 6A-North) -- 4-2 district, 5-4 overall
#5. South Lakes (Reston, 6A-North) -- 3-3 district, 5-4 overall
#6. Thomas Jefferson (Alexandria, 5A-North) -- 2-4 district, 4-5 overall
#7. James Madison (Vienna, 6A-North) -- 0-6 district, 0-9 overall
#7. George C. Marshall (Falls Church, 5A-North) -- 0-7 district, 0-9 overall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2013 11:33AM by nat4lee.

Date: November 04, 2013 11:26AM

National District **CHAMPION UNDETERMINED**

**District champion to be determined Friday night when Washington-Lee visits Yorktown.

#1. Yorktown (Arlington, 6A-North) -- 6-0 district, 8-1 overall
#2. Washington-Lee (Arlington, 6A-North) -- 6-0 district, 7-2 overall
#3. Hayfield (Alexandria, 6A-North) -- 4-2 district, 4-5 overall
#4. Falls Church (Falls Church, 5A-North) -- 3-3 district, 6-3 overall
#5. Mount Vernon (Alexandria, 5A-North) -- 2-4 district, 3-6 overall
#6. Thomas A. Edison (Alexandria, 5A-North) -- 2-4 district, 3-6 overall
#7. J.E.B. Stuart (Falls Church, 5A-North) -- 2-5 district, 2-7 overall
#8. Wakefield (Arlington, 5A-North) -- 0-6 district, 2-7 overall

Patriot District **CHAMPION: LAKE BRADDOCK**
--------------------------------------------------

#1. Lake Braddock (Burke, 6A-North) -- 6-0 district, 9-0 overall
#2. South County (Lorton, 6A-North) -- 5-1 district, 7-2 overall
#3. Thomas C. Williams (Alexandria, 6A-North) -- 4-2 district, 5-3 overall
#4. West Potomac (Alexandria, 6A-North) -- 3-2 district, 4-5 overall
#5. Wilburt T. Woodson (Fairfax, 6A-North) -- 2-3 district, 2-7 overall
#6. West Springfield (Springfield, 6A-North) -- 2-4 district, 3-6 overall
#7. Robert E. Lee (Springfield, 5A-North) -- 1-5 district, 2-7 overall
#8. Annandale (Annandale, 6A-North) -- 0-6 district, 1-8 overall

Potomac District **CHAMPION UNDETERMINED**
------------------------------------------------

**District champion to be determined Friday night when Tuscarora visits Briar Woods.

#1. Briar Woods (Ashburn, 5A-North) -- 3-0 district, 8-1 overall
#2. Tuscarora (Leesburg, 5A-North) -- 2-1 district, 8-1 overall
#3. Broad Run (Ashburn, 5A-North) -- 2-1 district, 6-3 overall
#4. Potomac Falls (Potomac Falls, 5A-North) -- 1-3 district, 4-5 overall
#5. Freedom (South Riding, 5A-North) -- 0-3 district, 1-8 overall

Posted by: FFX Fan ()
Date: November 04, 2013 02:21PM

Wasn't able to get to the game, what happened? Were the rebels close to pulling the upset? Why did the FFX coaches wait so long to put Scott at QB?

Posted by: IkWatsUp ()
Date: November 04, 2013 06:07PM

SB beat Fairfax 33-28. Fairfax is the 2nd team to post 30 points or more on Stone Bridge this season. Scott was put at QB when Brian Monter injured himself against Westfield. Until that point he was at RB.

Posted by: gipper ()
Date: November 04, 2013 06:12PM

Fairfax only scored 28 points on SB , Not over 30. Scott played a great game and should be fun to see how he does in the playoffs.

Posted by: nova watcher 1996 ()
Date: November 04, 2013 06:52PM

Big upset this Week in NOVA!

Robinson over Centreville.
"Teacher vs Student"

Centreville hasnt been tested all year, I think Robinson may be the team to do that.

Posted by: The Kicker ()
Date: November 04, 2013 08:32PM

Powerpoint system:
LB—232.0+89.0=321+24(Lee is 5A)+4(Bonus)+2(in-district)=351/10=35.1
Centreville—234+82=316+26+14(Bonus)=356/10=35.6
LB needs three more of the teams they beat to win than the teams Centreville beat in order to gain enough bonus points to pass Centreville in power points.
Matchups in question(-LB means LB has played them, -CV means Cville has
Friday:
LB vs Lee
Cville vs Robinson-LB
TJ vs Stone Bridge-LB
Chantilly-CV vs Westfield-CV, LB
SoCo-LB vs Annandale-LB
West Springfield-CV, LB vs Woodson-LB
Hayfield-CV vs Edison
Oakton-CV vs Herndon-CV
Washington-Lee-CV vs Yorktown
Saturday:
WestPot-LB, CV vs TC-LB, CV
If Centreville and LB both win, Centreville will have the number one seed, because even in the best possible case for LB, their opponents will have only won two more games than Centreville’s opponents.

Posted by: What What ()
Date: November 04, 2013 08:39PM

nova watcher 1996 Wrote:
> Big upset this Week in NOVA!
>
> Robinson over Centreville.
> "Teacher vs Student"
>
> Centreville hasnt been tested all year, I think
> Robinson may be the team to do that.

Centreville's schedule was/is much tougher than Robinson's schedule. However I agree with you, Centreville has not been tested, but it's because they are that good! They won't be tested Friday night either.

Date: November 04, 2013 08:40PM

nova watcher 1996 Wrote:
> Big upset this Week in NOVA!
>
> Robinson over Centreville.
> "Teacher vs Student"
>
> Centreville hasnt been tested all year, I think
> Robinson may be the team to do that.

Westfield was certainly a test for Centreville, and they passed it with flying colors. The score, 28-0, did not show how utterly dominant Centreville was. Expect the same fate for Robinson as every other team on Centreville's schedule.

Posted by: hsfballfan ()
Date: November 04, 2013 09:21PM

I have seen Centreville, Robinson, Lake Braddock, and all of the other contenders play this year. Centreville will beat Robinson by no less than 3 touchdowns and later cruise in playoffs to state semifinals where they will meet Lake Braddock. That should be a good game with Lake Braddock's offense. However, Centreville will win that game by about 10-14 points because they have an equally powerful offense (both running and passing to Lake Braddock's passing game) but also a much better defense than Lake Braddock. Mark it down - Centreville in the state finals in December against either Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith from down south.

Date: November 04, 2013 09:34PM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> I have seen Centreville, Robinson, Lake Braddock,
> and all of the other contenders play this year.
> Centreville will beat Robinson by no less than 3
> touchdowns and later cruise in playoffs to state
> semifinals where they will meet Lake Braddock.
> That should be a good game with Lake Braddock's
> offense. However, Centreville will win that game
> by about 10-14 points because they have an equally
> powerful offense (both running and passing to Lake
> Braddock's passing game) but also a much better
> defense than Lake Braddock. Mark it down -
> Centreville in the state finals in December
> against either Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith from
> down south.

Completely agreed.

Posted by: RootBoy ()
Date: November 04, 2013 09:41PM

Chuck Bable Wrote:
> LB vs SOCO: very nicely played game by Lake
> Braddock but it really disappoints me to see such
> a good offense be held down by such a crappy
> defense. Defensive Backs were completely
> embarrassed with LB coming out on the first drive
> and burning them for a 50 yard + completion. There
> is no way SOCO will survive in D6 playoffs is they
> have no defense what so ever. Obviously SOCO
> didn't put out the 50+ points that they average
> but there is just no momentum being created by the
> defense. Lake Braddocks special teams also put a
> damper on SOCOs field position. I like SOCO a lot
> because they are looked at by all the other D6
> teams like some crappy team that belongs in D5.
> I'm
> Interested to see how they do in the playoffs.
> Lake Braddock is beatable. Teams just need to have
> a solid, mistake free game.

SOCO has the highest rated offense in the state right now, and they definitely were able to move the ball on Lake Braddock, which has a solid defense (the five shut outs against weak teams don't impress). If not for the turnovers and penalties that hampered several drives, they may have had more scores on LB. But hand it to Lake Braddock for holding this offense to 21 points, which is an accomplishment. Every time the SOCO defense was in there was the immediate threat of a big LB play down the field to a wide open receiver, the RB around the end or a QB draw for a big gain. SOCO defense could not cover down the field, they could not shed blocks, fill gaps or hold the edge, and the were very poor at tackling. Not sure this will improve enough to take them very far in the playoffs. Blocking and tackling. Football 101. Not going to get too far without doing that well.

Date: November 04, 2013 09:52PM

I saw the LB/SOCO game too. This is why Centreville is going to win against Lake Braddock assuming both get to the state semifinals (which no real football fan can deny will likely happen based on the merits of the respective teams this year). Braddock will find a way to put up maybe as much as 21 points against a very good Centreville defense. You have to give it to Caleb Henderson's arm - he is a definitely a Div 1 prospect (going to UNC) and I expect they will score a few touchdowns. But they are not going to hang more than that on the Centreville D. On the other hand, if SOCO can gain 500+ yards and put 21 up on LB then Centreville will put up 35-40 points on LB. Cville's running game is basically unstoppable. Plus this year they have added a much more confident passing attack. Not quite at the level of Lake Braddock but close enough, especially to keep defenses guessing. Prediction for prospective State Semifinal - Centreville 35 Lake Braddock 21.

Posted by: 757baby ()
Date: November 04, 2013 10:58PM

Centerville or Lake Braddock from the north, doesnt matter
Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith will shut both teams down.

Oscar Smith shut down Centerville in 2011 to win it all.
They shut down the running game and forced the QB to pass. He couldnt.
Centerville weak link was the QB, this year is no different. When he is forced to pass, he will struggle.

This year the teams from the north are weak and Centerville stats make them look better then they are. I dont see anyone from the north sticking with the south teams. Just trying to keep it real

Posted by: 703baby ()
Date: November 05, 2013 12:40AM

757baby Wrote:
> Centerville or Lake Braddock from the north,
> doesnt matter
> Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith will shut both teams
> down.
>
> Oscar Smith shut down Centerville in 2011 to win
> it all.
> They shut down the running game and forced the QB
> to pass. He couldnt.
> Centerville weak link was the QB, this year is no
> different. When he is forced to pass, he will
> struggle.
>
> This year the teams from the north are weak and
> Centerville stats make them look better then they
> are. I dont see anyone from the north sticking
> with the south teams. Just trying to keep it real

First off if you saw the game in 2011 you know Centreville lost the States Defensive Player of the Year to a torn ACL as he was sacking the Smith QB in the second Smith offensive series, forcing a dumping call. After that the game plan had to change because Centreville could not get pressure on the QB. If Ekanem had not gotten hurt it would have been a different game.

The other thing is you cannot compare the QB from 2011 to the current QB, this kid has started the last 2 years and is a much better passer than the other kid. In 2011 the QB threw 3 interception and fumbled twice in the Championship game. This current QB has 2 interceptions the entire year while throwing 20 TD passes. Centreville has the Athletes and speed to beat any team from the South.

Date: November 05, 2013 12:42AM

Agreed that Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith will be a big challenge (heck I admit they might even win), but perhaps you might want to consider the following:

(1) It is spelled Centreville, not Centerville
(2) You might want to watch some film of the QB for Centreville this year, not a "weak link" by any stretch of the imagination. He is big, fast, can run, can pass very well 50+ yards down the field with accuracy, and has been a three year varsity player.
(3) The teams down south have great team speed, something that Centreville and even Lake Braddock have in great quantity this year too. Centreville's defensive backs run 4.4 or 4.5 forty yard dashes (and linebackers in the 4.6 to 4.7 range) so keeping up with the fast receivers from Ocean Lakes for example will be no big deal as perhaps compared to two years ago in the states against Oscar Smith. While the defensive backs are covering those receivers one on one watch out for the 60+ times the defensive line and linebackers have put loss plays behind scrimmage on opposing offenses.
(4) Even if Oscar Smith or Ocean Lakes were to win, there will be no honor in such a win given the admitted recruiting that both teams do outside of their own districts. If they want to win with 757 multi-district all star teams so be it (football gods have a way of sorting that stuff out in the long run), but true football fans would rather win with any school who is just using local, not regional, athletes. Everyone knows what is going on down in that area.

Posted by: Notsofastmyfriend ()
Date: November 05, 2013 12:47AM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> I saw the LB/SOCO game too. This is why
> Centreville is going to win against Lake Braddock
> assuming both get to the state semifinals (which
> no real football fan can deny will likely happen
> based on the merits of the respective teams this
> year). Braddock will find a way to put up maybe
> as much as 21 points against a very good
> Centreville defense. You have to give it to Caleb
> Henderson's arm - he is a definitely a Div 1
> prospect (going to UNC) and I expect they will
> score a few touchdowns. But they are not going to
> hang more than that on the Centreville D. On the
> other hand, if SOCO can gain 500+ yards and put 21
> up on LB then Centreville will put up 35-40 points
> on LB. Cville's running game is basically
> unstoppable. Plus this year they have added a much
> more confident passing attack. Not quite at the
> level of Lake Braddock but close enough,
> especially to keep defenses guessing. Prediction
> for prospective State Semifinal - Centreville 35
> Lake Braddock 21.

My prediction is the North Championship will be Westfield vs Centreville. Westfield should have beaten Lake Braddock the first time they played them. A final drive interception that was called a no catch saved LB. Henderson will not be as lucky this time and the Bulldogs will get them.

Date: November 05, 2013 12:51AM

I agree Westfield could upset Lake Braddock.

Date: November 05, 2013 04:51AM

Who are the injured players of the Centreville squad and what is the nature of the injuries?

Posted by: Braden Quintyler ()
Date: November 05, 2013 05:58AM

Notsofastmyfriend Wrote:
> hsfballfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw the LB/SOCO game too. This is why
> > Centreville is going to win against Lake
> Braddock
> > assuming both get to the state semifinals
> (which
> > no real football fan can deny will likely
> happen
> > based on the merits of the respective teams
> this
> > year). Braddock will find a way to put up
> maybe
> > as much as 21 points against a very good
> > Centreville defense. You have to give it to
> Caleb
> > Henderson's arm - he is a definitely a Div 1
> > prospect (going to UNC) and I expect they will
> > score a few touchdowns. But they are not going
> to
> > hang more than that on the Centreville D. On
> the
> > other hand, if SOCO can gain 500+ yards and put
> 21
> > up on LB then Centreville will put up 35-40
> points
> > on LB. Cville's running game is basically
> > unstoppable. Plus this year they have added a
> much
> > more confident passing attack. Not quite at the
> > level of Lake Braddock but close enough,
> > especially to keep defenses guessing.
> Prediction
> > for prospective State Semifinal - Centreville
> 35
> > Lake Braddock 21.
>
>
> My prediction is the North Championship will be
> Westfield vs Centreville. Westfield should have
> beaten Lake Braddock the first time they played
> them. A final drive interception that was called a
> no catch saved LB. Henderson will not be as lucky
> this time and the Bulldogs will get them.

It was week 3 of the season and BOTH teams hadn't gelled yet. However, Westfield has been a one trick pony all season. Thrasher-Walker is a special player and runs the ball at will. Not taking away from him at all. When he is denied the end zone, they have nothing else. Westfield's QB usually completes 1-2 passes per game (exception: last week against Herndon), and their coaching staff relies totally on the run.

Lake Braddock's offense has been extremely balanced and the coaching staff has made adjustments to offset the opposing team's defense. EVERY team has been coached to not give up the big passing plays. LB responds by running the ball. Their RB has surprised teams with how elusive he is. When the run is taken away, LB's receivers tear defenses apart. LB's Henderson appears to play smart and unselfish. And he has the talent to run with defenders hanging off him, take off in the open field, and pass accurately short and deep.

Anyone who's seen these kids play has seen the LB defense pin the other teams. In the first few weeks, the LB D was beginning to come together. Their first three games were Robinson, Stone Bridge, and Westfield. All three of these teams are 7-2. They've each lost to a combination of LB, Centreville, or each other. LB's schedule admittedly got soft after these three games, but has played tough teams in TC Williams and SoCo since. LB shut more than half of their opponents out. MORE THAN HALF! Most of these teams played the entire game on their own side of the field. This year, LB's defense is just as strong as their offense. In the Westfield-LB game, that pick was just the nail in the coffin for Westfield.

I appreciate you, as a fan of Westfield wanting to support your team. IMHO, there's a chance Westfield doesn't even play LB to get to the championships.

Posted by: Need to Know ()
Date: November 05, 2013 06:02AM

Can anyone run the stats for me? So excited. Thinking that maybe Falls Church can catch Broad Run for the 8th seed and actually host a playoff game.

I know it is going to be close, but wanted to know all of the bonus points that are available.

Both teams are going to win, and Falls Chirch's opponent ( Stuart) has one more win that Broad Run's ( Freedom - South Riding).

Thanks!

Posted by: Northern region fan ()
Date: November 05, 2013 07:50AM

Lake Brad QB is a little above average current skill wise and loads of potential with some future great coaching. I attended 4 of LB games this year and I am impressed with C Henderson's ability to run however he is not very accurate on his intermediate routes. He will hit a couple deep balls a game which is good but he is not close to as good as Michael Nebrich. Henderson reminds me a little more of Stone Bridges QB from last year. They both look good on the QB camp circuit in shorts and t's with strong arms and great size but not accurate arms. Army all American is a little surprising. I am a retired soldier and after seeing Henderson taunting his opponents in the TC game and South County game after he scored I hope he grows up soon and am disappointed that he will represent my service in that game.

Posted by: Northern region fan ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:01AM

My son tells me LB QB has slightly sprained ankle and RB has a sprained MCL from the South County game. Centreville also has a couple players a little nicked up. Injuries are the main threat to derailing this potential matchup or overlooking a team in the playoffs that you already beat in the regular season as Westfield did last year with Oakton.

Posted by: Notsofastmyfriend ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:34AM

Braden Quintyler Wrote:
> Notsofastmyfriend Wrote:
> -----
> > hsfballfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I saw the LB/SOCO game too. This is why
> > > Centreville is going to win against Lake
> > Braddock
> > > assuming both get to the state semifinals
> > (which
> > > no real football fan can deny will likely
> > happen
> > > based on the merits of the respective teams
> > this
> > > year). Braddock will find a way to put up
> > maybe
> > > as much as 21 points against a very good
> > > Centreville defense. You have to give it to
> > Caleb
> > > Henderson's arm - he is a definitely a Div 1
> > > prospect (going to UNC) and I expect they
> will
> > > score a few touchdowns. But they are not
> going
> > to
> > > hang more than that on the Centreville D. On
> > the
> > > other hand, if SOCO can gain 500+ yards and
> put
> > 21
> > > up on LB then Centreville will put up 35-40
> > points
> > > on LB. Cville's running game is basically
> > > unstoppable. Plus this year they have added a
> > much
> > > more confident passing attack. Not quite at
> the
> > > level of Lake Braddock but close enough,
> > > especially to keep defenses guessing.
> > Prediction
> > > for prospective State Semifinal - Centreville
> > 35
> > > Lake Braddock 21.
> >
> >
> > My prediction is the North Championship will be
> > Westfield vs Centreville. Westfield should have
> > beaten Lake Braddock the first time they played
> > them. A final drive interception that was called
> a
> > no catch saved LB. Henderson will not be as
> lucky
> > this time and the Bulldogs will get them.
>
> It was week 3 of the season and BOTH teams hadn't
> gelled yet. However, Westfield has been a one
> trick pony all season. Thrasher-Walker is a
> special player and runs the ball at will. Not
> taking away from him at all. When he is denied
> the end zone, they have nothing else. Westfield's
> QB usually completes 1-2 passes per game
> (exception: last week against Herndon), and their
> coaching staff relies totally on the run.
>
> Lake Braddock's offense has been extremely
> balanced and the coaching staff has made
> adjustments to offset the opposing team's defense.
> EVERY team has been coached to not give up the big
> passing plays. LB responds by running the ball.
> Their RB has surprised teams with how elusive he
> is. When the run is taken away, LB's receivers
> tear defenses apart. LB's Henderson appears to
> play smart and unselfish. And he has the talent to
> run with defenders hanging off him, take off in
> the open field, and pass accurately short and
> deep.
>
> Anyone who's seen these kids play has seen the LB
> defense pin the other teams. In the first few
> weeks, the LB D was beginning to come together.
> Their first three games were Robinson, Stone
> Bridge, and Westfield. All three of these teams
> are 7-2. They've each lost to a combination of LB,
> Centreville, or each other. LB's schedule
> admittedly got soft after these three games, but
> has played tough teams in TC Williams and SoCo
> since. LB shut more than half of their opponents
> out. MORE THAN HALF! Most of these teams played
> the entire game on their own side of the field.
> This year, LB's defense is just as strong as their
> offense. In the Westfield-LB game, that pick was
> just the nail in the coffin for Westfield.
>
> I appreciate you, as a fan of Westfield wanting to
> support your team. IMHO, there's a chance
> Westfield doesn't even play LB to get to the
> championships.

Who are you trying to convince here Brandon, me or you? Everyone knows what's happened so far, all I had to see was the SoCo game to know with a balanced Defensive effort LB can be held to less than 30 points and LB cannot stop a strong run game. Westfield will make the adjustments from the first game (better coaching staff) and mix their strong run game with play action to control the ball and win the rematch.

Date: November 05, 2013 08:36AM

Northern region fan Wrote:
> My son tells me LB QB has slightly sprained ankle
> and RB has a sprained MCL from the South County
> game. Centreville also has a couple players a
> little nicked up. Injuries are the main threat to
> derailing this potential matchup or overlooking a
> team in the playoffs that you already beat in the
> regular season as Westfield did last year with
> Oakton.

I did find a report that Nickens-Yzer is injured but I could not find the nature of the injury. There also appears to be several more injuries that have not been reported.

Date: November 05, 2013 09:13AM

Both Nickens-yzer and Tyler Love have shoulder injuries. Love suffered his against W-L, while Nickens-yzer was hurt in the Oakton game. Expect Nickens-yzer back this week or next, and Love next or the week after.

Date: November 05, 2013 09:35AM

Thank you regarding Nickens-Yzer and Love. How about Chase Heiner. I am told he has a knee issue.

Posted by: Falls Church Home Game? ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:44AM

Sorry, according to my sources, Broad Run will be the 8th seed with a win and Falls Church will be the 9th.

Falls Church on the road to face Broad Run in Ashburn.

I don't like Falls Church's chances to get out of that one with a win.

Nice season, great improvement, but still no playoff win.

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:08AM

Braden Quintyler Wrote:

> However, Westfield has been a one
> trick pony all season. Thrasher-Walker is a
> special player and runs the ball at will. Not
> taking away from him at all. When he is denied
> the end zone, they have nothing else. Westfield's
> QB usually completes 1-2 passes per game
> (exception: last week against Herndon), and their
> coaching staff relies totally on the run.

a) Westfield is a 3-trick pony; Thrasher-Walker, Devon Burns and Evan Gray.
b) Westfield is getting better at the pass (although still very weak). Scoville was 11-15, 155 yards vs. Oakton last week. Nothing to brag about but an improvement.
c) Westfield ran a number of wildcat style plays with Burns at QB vs. Oakton and it worked very well.

If they can pass as well as they did vs. Oakton (not a given) it would help keep defenses a little bit less keyed in on the run.

Posted by: Cpt. Morgan ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:36AM

I will be going to the Westfield game on friday vs. 'tilly, will evaluate how both teams look.

Date: November 05, 2013 10:46AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> Thank you regarding Nickens-Yzer and Love. How
> about Chase Heiner. I am told he has a knee
> issue.

I heard knee bursitis, but also that he was playing through it for a good 2 or three weeks. The first game he sat was Oakton, and he hasn't played yet. So far, no very major injuries for Centreville, which is good considering 4-5 players go both ways, at least partially.

Posted by: FB Scout ()
Date: November 05, 2013 01:36PM

Not a bad prediction, you did not account for the high powered SoCo offence.

Posted by: hhsfball ()
Date: November 05, 2013 02:12PM

Edison spray painted hayfield's press box which lead to all the players talking shit on social media...

You gotta think Hayfield will beat the brains out of edison.

Date: November 05, 2013 02:47PM

And the truth always comes out in the end. Thanks hhsfall.

Posted by: Berdhuis ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:37PM

Cpt. Morgan Wrote:
> I will be going to the Westfield game on friday
> vs. 'tilly, will evaluate how both teams look.

Hey, CAPT, who are you rooting for?

Date: November 05, 2013 07:44PM

703baby Wrote:
> 757baby Wrote:
> -----
> > Centerville or Lake Braddock from the north,
> > doesnt matter
> > Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith will shut both teams
> > down.
> >
> > Oscar Smith shut down Centerville in 2011 to
> win
> > it all.
> > They shut down the running game and forced the
> QB
> > to pass. He couldnt.
> > Centerville weak link was the QB, this year is
> no
> > different. When he is forced to pass, he will
> > struggle.
> >
> > This year the teams from the north are weak and
> > Centerville stats make them look better then
> they
> > are. I dont see anyone from the north sticking
> > with the south teams. Just trying to keep it
> real
>
>
>
> First off if you saw the game in 2011 you know
> Centreville lost the States Defensive Player of
> the Year to a torn ACL as he was sacking the Smith
> QB in the second Smith offensive series, forcing a
> dumping call. After that the game plan had to
> change because Centreville could not get pressure
> on the QB. If Ekanem had not gotten hurt it would
> have been a different game.
>
> The other thing is you cannot compare the QB from
> 2011 to the current QB, this kid has started the
> last 2 years and is a much better passer than the
> other kid. In 2011 the QB threw 3 interception and
> fumbled twice in the Championship game. This
> current QB has 2 interceptions the entire year
> while throwing 20 TD passes. Centreville has the
> Athletes and speed to beat any team from the
> South.

I saw the 2011 game at UVA. O.Smith's D dominated C'Ville's OL. Had C'Ville's D star not gotten hurt, Smith would have just passed to the flats instead of downfield. C'Ville's backers, CBs and safeties were out of position all day. C'Ville got dominated on both sides of the ball. Did you see the pick six right after halftime? Smith clearly was better that day, 47-21.

This year, it's stupid to argue that the North doesn't have a team that can title. C'Ville and LB have been crushing teams all year. I saw Smith open by waxing Lake Taylor 42-2, which beat SB for the D5 title last year. Smith looked good, but could have a tough time getting out of its bracket. Whichever team comes out of the North will give the South all it can handle. We always to go UVA and just want to see a good game.

Date: November 05, 2013 07:51PM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> Agreed that Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith will be a
> big challenge (heck I admit they might even win),
> but perhaps you might want to consider the
> following:
>
> (1) It is spelled Centreville, not Centerville
> (2) You might want to watch some film of the QB
> for Centreville this year, not a "weak link" by
> any stretch of the imagination. He is big, fast,
> can run, can pass very well 50+ yards down the
> field with accuracy, and has been a three year
> varsity player.
> (3) The teams down south have great team speed,
> something that Centreville and even Lake Braddock
> have in great quantity this year too.
> Centreville's defensive backs run 4.4 or 4.5 forty
> yard dashes (and linebackers in the 4.6 to 4.7
> range) so keeping up with the fast receivers from
> Ocean Lakes for example will be no big deal as
> perhaps compared to two years ago in the states
> against Oscar Smith. While the defensive backs
> are covering those receivers one on one watch out
> for the 60+ times the defensive line and
> linebackers have put loss plays behind scrimmage
> on opposing offenses.
> (4) Even if Oscar Smith or Ocean Lakes were to
> win, there will be no honor in such a win given
> the admitted recruiting that both teams do outside
> of their own districts. If they want to win with
> 757 multi-district all star teams so be it
> (football gods have a way of sorting that stuff
> out in the long run), but true football fans would
> rather win with any school who is just using
> local, not regional, athletes. Everyone knows what
> is going on down in that area.

"Everyone knows what is going on down in that area?"
Have you ever been to an ER game?
Do you know about the rivalries there?
All-star teams from the ER? Get real.
That doesn't happen up here at all, right?
Your schools and communities here have some advantages of their own.

Posted by: sport4fun ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:06PM

I tend to agree with that other post. Have heard from friends down there that the 757 teams do high school football harm with a lot of shady recruiting of players from other weaker schools to create a few super teams. Maybe there should be a full investigation....not good stuff

Posted by: hardplay ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:11PM

Yeppers, heard same thing about them bad teams down there. Stop playing high school down there and send them to college program already???!!??!?!?

Posted by: ladyloveslife ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:18PM

Wow just came here to see if my 'tilly Chargers have a chance this year. Did not know about all the cheating in VA football south. Sorry to hear that happens...go then any team from the North (esp Chantilly!!!!)

Posted by: Cheaters??? ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:46PM

It's not just down south...

Check and see how many players on Lake Braddock's roster actually live in the Lake Braddock district!

Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:50PM

A lot of lb players got "banged up" when they played soco. I imagine that they won't want to see soco in the playoffs

Posted by: BigWhitey ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:02PM

So what do you guys think are going to be the best games this Friday? I myself will head over to the Langley/McLean game cause I live in the area. It's a classic, grimy rivalry that will be a fun one to watch especially considering the playoff implications, the biggest one being simply if McLean wins(them being squarely on the bubble at #17), then most likely they're in. And while most people wouldn't give McLean a chance, I'll throw out that Langley's run defense has been very mediocre at best and that Langley and McLean both beat Madison by a margin of 35.

Date: November 05, 2013 09:08PM

I'll be going to watch Briar Woods playing Tuscarora, but I'm just a 5A lover.

Posted by: FoxDog ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:17PM

Do you think 5A or 6A football is stronger, overall competition and team quality wise?

Date: November 05, 2013 09:24PM

FoxDog Wrote:
> Do you think 5A or 6A football is stronger,
> overall competition and team quality wise?

Well, 6A generally has a larger student body, more athletes to select teams from, more community resources to draw upon. That's why the state keeps the teams seperated into the groups by student enrollment to keep the playoffs fair.

Posted by: Not Doc Walker ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:33PM

BigWhitey Wrote:
> So what do you guys think are going to be the best
> games this Friday? I myself will head over to the
> Langley/McLean game cause I live in the area. It's
> a classic, grimy rivalry that will be a fun one to
> watch especially considering the playoff
> implications, the biggest one being simply if
> McLean wins(them being squarely on the bubble at
> #17), then most likely they're in. And while most
> people wouldn't give McLean a chance, I'll throw
> out that Langley's run defense has been very
> mediocre at best and that Langley and McLean both
> beat Madison by a margin of 35.

Take it to the house, or bank... Langley will roll, 42 - 13.

Posted by: Mr Money ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:33PM

nat4lee Wrote:
> FoxDog Wrote:
> -----
> > Do you think 5A or 6A football is stronger,
> > overall competition and team quality wise?
>
>
> Well, 6A generally has a larger student body, more
> athletes to select teams from, more community
> resources to draw upon. That's why the state
> keeps the teams seperated into the groups by
> student enrollment to keep the playoffs fair.

That is very true. However there have been some recent exceptions like a soco and Yorktown

Posted by: hardplay ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:41PM

Dem Braddock boys too - Momma always says cheaters never posper

Posted by: Cheaters??? ()

Date: November 05, 2013 08:46PM

It's not just down south...

Check and see how many players on Lake Braddock's roster actually live in the Lake Braddock district!

edit by Cary (the admin): About 10 posts by this user, all senseless and most starting with "Momma says", have been removed from this thread. The offending user has been banned for 7 days for "crapflooding" the Fairfax General forum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 01:01PM by Cary.

Pages: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 27

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.