HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: High School Football
Posted by: yea... ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:09PM

i take chantilly to run away with it...

and on the subject of fairfax, where did I miss this legendary coaching staff? since when are they the new westfield? did Parcells join staff or something?

Alot of chatter on this thread concerning fairfax "elite" staff that continually goes 6-4 in the liberty...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bulldog 1 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:51PM

The always beat the 1-9, 2-8 teams and think they are good. Who have they beaten with a better than 500 record in the last 2 years or 10 for that matter
It must be the Fairfax coach saying these thing on here because they gave up so many points to LB and Hayfield in their 2 scrimmages.
Take away Nick Scott and they don't win a game this year.

Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:33PM

The tenor of the Oakton-Westfield game will be determined by Oakton's ability to maintain possession. If they give up 4 turnovers like they did against Chantilly, Westfield will roll. If Oakton holds on to the ball, this game will be close. Westfield gave up over 200 yards rushing to both Tilly and Robinson and Oakton has a great rushing offense.

If Oakton can't hold on to the ball, I've got Westfield winning 42-14.
If Oakton can hold on to the ball, I've got Westfield winning 31-28

Posted by: Whateverasskik ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:58PM

Whatever1659 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C'ville has plenty of talent that sit the bench
> under the current coaching staff.

You sound like you might know something. Give us an example of talent not being played.... And please be specific! Bet we don't see another post

Posted by: the truth about fairfax ()
Date: October 17, 2012 08:21AM

Bulldog 1 Wrote:
> Take away Nick Scott and they don't win a game
> this year.

Well they do beat Marshall handily regardless

Posted by: NotEvenClose ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:47AM

Whatever1650 Wrote:
> Centreville will get their butts kicked. QB for
> them is really bad.

As will Oakton.

Posted by: reggie ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:00AM

Overheard was Matt Shannon the OC of Westfield to the Fairfax staff, "I could have scored 80 if I really wanted to."

The fairfax staff (expecially) HC was whining about how all the mean players from westfield were trying to injure nick scott by gang tackling. wow. serious?

But since that kid is the whole team (including coaching staff) I guess I can see his clouded concern.

Posted by: Ashburn Dominance ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:39AM

Here are some facts - Stone Bridge, who is stronger than any other Northern Virginia team this year, regardless of size, would rather continue to beat up on Langley, McLean, TJ, Fairfax, etc, rather than play in a much tougher Loudoun district.

They do not want to be in a district with Briar Wood, Broad Run, Woodgrove and Tuscarora. Yes, they have defeated Broad Run the past two years, but those games were tough. The Broad Run line pushed around Stone Bridge even this year, and Alabama bound John Allen had one tackle all game. Briar continues to get better ( they have a nice recruiting pipeline), so Mickey Thompson decided that he would get healthy down the stretch every year as opposed to playing Loudoun Division 5 schools.

So, Stone Bridge plays the Fairfax County patsies every year, but then will come back and play Loudoun schools in the playoffs. Makes no sense.

All of the Division 5 schools in Fairfax should be thankful that they don't have to play SB (after this year), Briar, or Broad Run for the right to advance.

Ashburn Youth Football League is the best feeder system around. How do I know this? By all of the talent that comes from Herndon, Lorton, Fairfax, etc just to play youth football. Those people are moving into Loudoun folks.

Posted by: positive coaching ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:50AM

The head coach is right to complain, he has to have the players safety as his number one priority. if he feels the were trying to hurt his best player, he should say something.

fairfax, with the limited talent and resources beat a winning program in robinson in 2010. they win games and do things the way they should. plus, they impact kids in a positive aspect.

#more then winning.

Posted by: NRFan ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:16PM

I was at the Fairfax Westfield game and nobody was trying to hurt anyone. The Westfield team and coaches are among the classiest around. They almost always get the officials Sportsmanship award for the way they conduct themselves on the field, and that is a fact. Gang tackling is not dirty, especially when you are trying to stop one of the best RB's in the region (Scott). The reality is, Westfield was better than Fairfax in every aspect and probably could have rolled up the score (look how many times they threw the ball....not often) but they didnt. Westfield has played Fairfax twice in the last two years and the scores weren't close. You cant blame the Fairfax coaches, the talent level and depth just arent the same.

Posted by: alskdjf;asldfasdfsadf ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:19PM

I don't know what the hell any of you guys are talking about, Jeb Stuart is obviously going to take the state title this year.

Posted by: he he love it ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:19PM

positive coaching Wrote:
> The head coach is right to complain, he has to
> have the players safety as his number one
> priority. if he feels the were trying to hurt his
> best player, he should say something.
>
> fairfax, with the limited talent and resources
> beat a winning program in robinson in 2010. they
> win games and do things the way they should. plus,
> they impact kids in a positive aspect.
>
> #more then winning.

#more than spelling than wrong.

barking in a handshake line like a sore loser is not good coaching, but I like your optimisitc approach it shows you are truly a Rebel.

#barneyimpactskidsinapositivewaybutIdontwanthimcoachingmyteam

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:30PM

positive coaching Wrote:
>
> fairfax, with the limited talent and resources
> beat a winning program in robinson in 2010. they
> win games and do things the way they should. plus,
> they impact kids in a positive aspect.
>
> #more then winning.

Limited talent? They have 2500 students this year making it the largest school in Fairfax County. If you cannot compete with that kind of student body, it is absolutely on the coaches. Develop the talent, because in that district they should be atleast 2nd place every year and truth be told, be competing with Stone Bridge every year. Chantilly, Westfield, and Robinson who have similar demographics have been giving Stone Bridge close games for years, Chantilly even beat them last year. Fairfax hasn't even given Stone Bridge a remote scare.

Limited resources? Have you seen that school's football field? It is probably the nicest in Northern Virginia. Their weight room is fantastic, and their gym is the largest seating capacity of any high school in Fairfax County. How going .500 at a school like this every year in the Liberty District is considered good coaching is beyond me. Shoot that's the job to have I guess. Then can't forget when they were in the Concorde. Did they ever a win a game in that district?

Date: October 17, 2012 01:32PM

Here is the spread for this week's games. Looks like the 2 main games to watch this week are in the Concorde with Chantilly @ Centreville and Oakton @ Westfield. Although Fairfax @ Madison should be a really good game, and maybe the closest out of all of them.

Chantilly (-6.5) @ Centreville
Edison (-7.0) @ Mount Vernon
Fairfax @ Madison (-3.0)
Hayfield (-7.0) @ Washington-Lee
Herndon @ Robinson (-21.0)
Lake Braddock (-24.0) @ Lee
Marshall @ Jefferson (-28.0)
McLean @ Stone Bridge (-35.0)
Oakton @ Westfield (-17.0)
South County (-8.0) @ West Springfield
South Lakes @ Langley (-13.0)
Stuart (-20.0) @ Wakefield
Woodson @ West Potomac (-24.0)
Yorktown (-35.0) @ Falls Church
Annandale @ TC Williams (-2.5)

Posted by: bulldog1 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:01PM

Went to the Westfield fairfax game. fairfax put up no fight what-so-ever. they continually tried the "run up the middle" plays from their wing t offense, hoping to gash Westfield's defense like Centreville did last season. it failed miserably, and left the head coach constantly yelling at the refs to stop the mayhem. not completely his fault however, as their center looked shorter then my 7 year old son...some of the athletes they suited up might not have made the roster for Westfield.

how on earth did they beat robinson 2 years ago? did robinson just sleep on em?

Posted by: Not quite, but point still made ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:24PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Limited talent? They have 2500 students this year
> making it the largest school in Fairfax County.

Fairfax is the 3rd largest school in FCPS ... but they have over 2650 kids, so I agree that the limited talent argument is a joke.

Westfield and Robinson are larger by enrollment than Fairfax

Posted by: Whatever1650 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 05:27PM

Corran Turner, Reheem Woodson (quit out of frustration) and David Democker just to start the list. These players have never had a chance with this coaching staff and have incredible talent.

Bet you thought you wouldn't hear from me!

Posted by: NRFan ()
Date: October 17, 2012 05:53PM

Dont know these kids but i have to go with the coaches on this one. C'Ville coaches have a good reputation and I have to believe that if they they thought these guys could help them win, they would be on the field.

Date: October 17, 2012 06:12PM

NRFan Wrote:
> Dont know these kids but i have to go with the
> coaches on this one. C'Ville coaches have a good
> reputation and I have to believe that if they they
> thought these guys could help them win, they would
> be on the field.

Time will tell. They are about to hit the big 3; Chantilly, Westfield and Oakton. They haven't played anyone tough yet. Would like to see the coaches mix it up a bit and see some of these kids that have been bench warming. I see the same kids do poorly on the field and the coaches do nothing about it.

Posted by: Westdog 4 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:22PM

Kevin Simmonds is the biggest baby in the northern region. After he stabbed Shannon in the back so he would get fired this generous takes a Div 1 athlete and puts him as a RB in the wing T. I looked Nick Scott up on line and he was a receiver at his old school and has the Mass. High jump record. Now he gets pounded by teams as they game plan for him and Simmonds complains. They should be in the concord and have to play schools their size. Next time we play them I hope Shannon scores 80

Posted by: CougerPower ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:36PM

Whatever1650 Wrote:
> NRFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dont know these kids but i have to go with the
> > coaches on this one. C'Ville coaches have a
> good
> > reputation and I have to believe that if they
> they
> > thought these guys could help them win, they
> would
> > be on the field.
>
>
> Time will tell. They are about to hit the big 3;
> Chantilly, Westfield and Oakton. They haven't
> played anyone tough yet. Would like to see the
> coaches mix it up a bit and see some of these kids
> that have been bench warming. I see the same kids
> do poorly on the field and the coaches do nothing
> about it.

Hmmmmm, guessing one of these kids is yours and that is why your are complaining.

Date: October 17, 2012 06:40PM

CougerPower Wrote:
> Whatever1650 Wrote:
> -----
> > NRFan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Dont know these kids but i have to go with
> the
> > > coaches on this one. C'Ville coaches have a
> > good
> > > reputation and I have to believe that if they
> > they
> > > thought these guys could help them win, they
> > would
> > > be on the field.
> >
> >
> > Time will tell. They are about to hit the big
> 3;
> > Chantilly, Westfield and Oakton. They haven't
> > played anyone tough yet. Would like to see the
> > coaches mix it up a bit and see some of these
> kids
> > that have been bench warming. I see the same
> kids
> > do poorly on the field and the coaches do
> nothing
> > about it.
>
>
> Hmmmmm, guessing one of these kids is yours and
> that is why your are complaining.

Actually my kids have long ago graduated and I still attend games. Hmmmmmmm, sounds like one of your kids might be the "stinky" player!

Date: October 17, 2012 06:43PM

I never doubt Centreville's coaching staff. They have such a winning reputation and they would play the best players unless this is a character issue (I personally have seen one of the players a couple years ago and he ain't that great, I'm guessing it's talent and not character). The fact of the matter is they lost most of their team to graduation and the next guys up just aren't that great yet. They are still young and should be real good next year.

I don't see Centreville winning any of their next 3 games, but they beat a good Lake Braddock team week 1. That being said they should be competitive and it wouldn't suprise me if they took down Chantilly at their homecoming or Oakton.

Parents or friends whining about bench players has gotten real old on FFXU. If they're on the bench they're not as good as you think, these coaches see them 6 days a week. There are a lot of good players at Centreville as there are at other Concorde schools. A lot of these bench players rarely see the field and would be starters at weaker schools around the county. If you don't like playing for a winning program, here's an idea...

Move to Woodson and never let those parents complaining about their kids on the bench see the field!

Date: October 17, 2012 07:15PM

As I stated before, I'm not a parent so please leave all the parent bashing to someone else. I don't know a ton about the current coaching staff to comment on their integrity. I do know football and have watched the vast majority of these kids come up the ranks. There is other talent out there that hasn't been tapped into. I agree that they lost a great deal of talent last year and certainly would like nothing more than 3 more wins. My opinion just happens to be different from yours in the line-up. If your'e at the same games that I am you would hear the comments.

Posted by: BulldawgFan ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:42PM

As long as there is sports, there will be those who feel that the guys on the bench should be on the field. Always been that way and always will.

As an avid Westfield observer, I truly see kids each year who have to wait their turn and in many instances, not play until their senior year. They deal with it beacuse:
a) they know the guys on the field are better and have put their time in
b) they love being part of the program

No better example than this year, where many of the key contributors either didnt play last year or played smaller roles.

I agree with SteveK2 who seems to know what he is talking about on this board, there is another issue if that very well respected C'Ville coaching staff is not playing these guys.

....and the beat goes on!!

Date: October 17, 2012 07:57PM

That's why this board is great. You can be the same person with 3 different names! Open up your'e ears and eyes jackass.

Date: October 17, 2012 08:14PM

Think what you want. Bulldawg is not me but I couldn't have said his point better myself. Enjoy the bench whatever!

Calling me a jackass is not something I would expect from a casual Centreville observer with kids that graduated a long time ago.

Date: October 17, 2012 08:33PM

I am calling you a jackass because you continually accuse me of something in every post. I have respected your opinions, and you should do the same. Don't go onto a public forum unless you plan on people having various opinions. Also, I never said I was a casual observer. I have been watching Centreville football for over close to 20 years. Thanks for the memories.

Posted by: love is in the air ()
Date: October 17, 2012 08:58PM

Why don't you two get a room?

Date: October 17, 2012 09:16PM

You gotta love FFX Underground!!!

Is it time to talk about WTW or the Henderson's again?

Posted by: EasternVaFan ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:49PM

Ashburn Dominance Wrote:
> Here are some facts - Stone Bridge, who is
> stronger than any other Northern Virginia team
> this year, regardless of size, would rather
> continue to beat up on Langley, McLean, TJ,
> Fairfax, etc, rather than play in a much tougher
> Loudoun district.
>
> They do not want to be in a district with Briar
> Wood, Broad Run, Woodgrove and Tuscarora. Yes,
> they have defeated Broad Run the past two years,
> but those games were tough. The Broad Run line
> pushed around Stone Bridge even this year, and
> Alabama bound John Allen had one tackle all game.
> Briar continues to get better ( they have a nice
> recruiting pipeline), so Mickey Thompson decided
> that he would get healthy down the stretch every
> year as opposed to playing Loudoun Division 5
> schools.
>
> So, Stone Bridge plays the Fairfax County patsies
> every year, but then will come back and play
> Loudoun schools in the playoffs. Makes no sense.
>
> All of the Division 5 schools in Fairfax should be
> thankful that they don't have to play SB (after
> this year), Briar, or Broad Run for the right to
> advance.
>
> Ashburn Youth Football League is the best feeder
> system around. How do I know this? By all of the
> talent that comes from Herndon, Lorton, Fairfax,
> etc just to play youth football. Those people are
> moving into Loudoun folks.
---------------------------------------
Ashburn dominance:

1) You're living in the past with Broad Run. This year, Stone Bridge waxed them 37-14, at Broad Run. So that's 0-2 the past 2 years. Broad Run won D4 titles in 2008 and 2009 -- but they didn't play Stone Bridge either year and instead beat teams like Wakefield and Ballou. In both title games, they beat Amherst County, a team with 20% fewer enrollments. Had they been in D5, Stone Bridge or Phoebus would have spanked them.

2) Last year, Briar Woods (1764 enrollments) beat Christianburg (1092 enrollments) 28-26 in the D4 title game. Had the classifications been updated, Briar Woods would have had to play one of the smaller schools from the Eastern Region, maybe Phoebus the 4-time defending D5 champ.

Once your county's teams are playing comparably-size schools at states, you won't see any dominance. For that, see Phoebus in D5 (5 of the last 6 titles) or Fairfax's Concorde in D6.

Enrollments:
http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/rr-adm-march-2012-six-classes.pdf

Date: October 17, 2012 09:51PM

Ashburn dominance:

1) You're living in the past with Broad Run. This year, Stone Bridge waxed them 37-14, at Broad Run. So that's 0-2 the past 2 years. Broad Run won D4 titles in 2008 and 2009 -- but they didn't play Stone Bridge either year and instead beat teams like Wakefield and Ballou. In both title games, they beat Amherst County, a team with 20% fewer enrollments. Had they been in D5, Stone Bridge or Phoebus would have spanked them.

2) Last year, Briar Woods (1764 enrollments) beat Christianburg (1092 enrollments) 28-26 in the D4 title game. Had the classifications been updated, Briar Woods would have had to play one of the smaller schools from the Eastern Region, maybe Phoebus the 4-time defending D5 champ.

Once your county's teams are playing comparably-size schools at states, you won't see any dominance. For that, see Phoebus in D5 (5 of the last 6 titles) or Fairfax's Concorde in D6.

Enrollments:
http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/rr-adm-march-2012-six-classes.pdf

Ashburn Dominance Wrote:
> Here are some facts - Stone Bridge, who is
> stronger than any other Northern Virginia team
> this year, regardless of size, would rather
> continue to beat up on Langley, McLean, TJ,
> Fairfax, etc, rather than play in a much tougher
> Loudoun district.
>
> They do not want to be in a district with Briar
> Wood, Broad Run, Woodgrove and Tuscarora. Yes,
> they have defeated Broad Run the past two years,
> but those games were tough. The Broad Run line
> pushed around Stone Bridge even this year, and
> Alabama bound John Allen had one tackle all game.
> Briar continues to get better ( they have a nice
> recruiting pipeline), so Mickey Thompson decided
> that he would get healthy down the stretch every
> year as opposed to playing Loudoun Division 5
> schools.
>
> So, Stone Bridge plays the Fairfax County patsies
> every year, but then will come back and play
> Loudoun schools in the playoffs. Makes no sense.
>
> All of the Division 5 schools in Fairfax should be
> thankful that they don't have to play SB (after
> this year), Briar, or Broad Run for the right to
> advance.
>
> Ashburn Youth Football League is the best feeder
> system around. How do I know this? By all of the
> talent that comes from Herndon, Lorton, Fairfax,
> etc just to play youth football. Those people are
> moving into Loudoun folks.

Posted by: NoVaFBfan ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:36PM

Whatever1650 Wrote:
> Corran Turner, Reheem Woodson (quit out of
> frustration) and David Democker just to start the
> list. These players have never had a chance with
> this coaching staff and have incredible talent.
>
> Bet you thought you wouldn't hear from me!

None of these kids is better than the kids playing in front of them. You may have watched them play youth ball, but now they cannot get on the field because they are not good enough. Turner has played a little at DB in nickel situations and has done OK. Woodson is not even listed on the Roster. Democker is not even second team, he got beat out by a sophomore for back up QB. If they could help Cville win they would be on the field. Plain and Simple.

Not sure what your agenda is, but whatever it is, these kids are not better than the kids in front of them.

Posted by: The man ()
Date: October 18, 2012 06:25AM

To those who think Fairfax is all that: you cannot be taken seriously if you lose to W-L

Posted by: fairfaxfam ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:42PM

At Fairfax we run the ball downhill just like Centreville, We will see Lake Braddock in the playoffs and it will be a differnt story.We are united we are one!

Posted by: herndon ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:25PM

Fairfax lost to W-L on the field, but due to the above average role models on the fairfax staff the winner of the hand shake line was all Fairfax!
W-L's line was wobbly at best, their hands were limp, the fairfax kids all had great eye contact and used proper pronouns and past particibles in all passing pleasentries!

Posted by: herndon ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:27PM

So yeah, Herndon won both!
The handshakes feel better when you beat the teams you are supposed to!

Posted by: reggie ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:30PM

Power Points have Fairfax most likely tying with Robinson for the 8th spot, how will they determine the tie breaker????
If Fairfax misses the playoffs while playing in a div. 5 district we're all going to wonder what happened!

Posted by: reggie is a crack whore ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:49PM

The current power points have Fairfax at 25.00 and Robinson at 23.14

The current power points shake down like this:

1. Westfield (#1 in the state)
2. Tilly
3. Oakton
4. C'Ville
5. West Po
6. Lake Brad.
(tie) 7. West Spring.
(tie) 7. Fairfax

Currently out of the playoffs: Annandale, TCW, Woodson, Herndon, Robinson, South Lakes.

As it stands, it looks like Robinson is the only team not currently in the playoffs that would have a shot to work their way in. They are 1.86 points behind Fairfax and West Springfield. Everyone else is at least 5 points behind FFX and WSHS.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/fb-weekly-ratings5.pdf

reggie Wrote:
> Power Points have Fairfax most likely tying with
> Robinson for the 8th spot, how will they determine
> the tie breaker????
> If Fairfax misses the playoffs while playing in a
> div. 5 district we're all going to wonder what
> happened!

Date: October 18, 2012 02:05PM

If Robinson can get one win against one of the big dogs in the Concorde with a Herndon win, they should make it easily with the power points. They're just going to have to beat Chantilly or Oakton which is very possible being as they beat Centreville and lost to Westfield by just 3.

Posted by: GridIron1 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 06:08PM

Fairfax is hanging in there despite losing to Wash Lee of the National District. WL is somewhere around 22.8 as a new D6 and won't make it.

reggie is a crack whore Wrote:
> The current power points have Fairfax at 25.00 and
> Robinson at 23.14
>
> The current power points shake down like this:
>
> 1. Westfield (#1 in the state)
> 2. Tilly
> 3. Oakton
> 4. C'Ville
> 5. West Po
> 6. Lake Brad.
> (tie) 7. West Spring.
> (tie) 7. Fairfax
>
> Currently out of the playoffs: Annandale, TCW,
> Woodson, Herndon, Robinson, South Lakes.
>
> As it stands, it looks like Robinson is the only
> team not currently in the playoffs that would have
> a shot to work their way in. They are 1.86 points
> behind Fairfax and West Springfield. Everyone else
> is at least 5 points behind FFX and WSHS.
>
> http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/fb-weekly-ratings5.
> pdf
>
>
> reggie Wrote:
> -----
> > Power Points have Fairfax most likely tying
> with
> > Robinson for the 8th spot, how will they
> determine
> > the tie breaker????
> > If Fairfax misses the playoffs while playing in
> a
> > div. 5 district we're all going to wonder what
> > happened!

Posted by: Herndon ()
Date: October 18, 2012 10:56PM

Herndon is playing the majority of their players on Thurday and Friday nights. How can you have 10th grade players play full games two days in a row. That is not safe or smart. As a parent I am concerned. Kids are starting on Thursday in a JV games playing all 4 quarters, then turning around and starting on Friday night too.

Posted by: Eastern Va Fan - You know nothin ()
Date: October 18, 2012 11:52PM

You really seem sort of stupid. I was talking about Loudoun talent, not just Broad Run. Broad Run is down a little this year, but still will make the playoffs. As for last year, If their QB does not go down in the playoffs last year, they likely win their region.

They are 4-3 with their losses coming to two other Loudoun teams and Woodbridge. They score 37 on Herndon, a much larger school by the way, as are all of the Prince William County schools. Why didn't you point out how Broad Run has 1600 kids, and Battlefield almost 3000? Still, in their first year in AAA, they are co-champs in the tough Cedar Run District.

Stone Bridge, Briar ( both still undefeated)and Broad Run are all well under 2000 enrolled. There is not a Fairfax school of that size that has a better program than any of the three.

Phoebus is an aberration. They get to recruit by being an ROTC school. Plus, they are going down to Div 4 in the new classification, and will outscore all of their opponents in the playoffs by 50 for the next 10 years.

The winner of the Stone Bridge, Briar, Broad Run, Tuscarora, etc division will play for the state championship if Div 5 every year.

Posted by: Stop the Loudoun ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:05AM

Loudoun is not up to snuff with Fairfax County. Briar Woods would struggle if they weren't playing small schools every week. Stone Bridge is the best team in NOVA but that's really all Loudoun has as an elite team. Loudoun also has far less offseason practice restrictions which explains Stone Bridge's strength. I don't think it has anyhting to really do with the Youth League. As long as you have one and kids are playing, they'll be fine by the time they get to high school. You can't tell me Ashburn is any better than a CYA or SYA.

This is Fairfax County though, this is almost as obnoxious as the Woodson talk. I believe if you go to NOVA Underground there is a Loudoun section. Enjoy!

Posted by: Fairfax Football Sucks ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:18AM

Briar Woods is smaller than all of the Fairfax schools. They would beat all of them except for Westfield.

And Westfield has a thousand more students.

Ashburn Youth Football has over two dozen extremely talented kids from Fairfax who come to AYFL for the coaching and better talent.

No one leaves Loudoun to go to Fairfax.

Why would they... unless than can speak Spanish, Vietnamese, or Urdu?

Posted by: Anything but Loudoun ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:37AM

Briar Woods would not beat one Concorde team (except Herndon), they would not beat Lake Braddock or West Potomac either. Then even if I gave you Briar Woods after that there is no depth in Loudoun. You have two teams beating up on their weak districts every year with an occaisonal strong Broad Run team. You said Briar Woods wouldn't beat Westfield, well Chantilly and Robinson both came within 3 points of them, so you think Briar Woods is within one score of a Westfield, no friggin way. Then funny you talk about Westfield being bigger, when Briar Woods is playing schools with 700 less kids in the state tournament. Once the reclassification happens, Briar Woods is screwed.

Who cares if Fairfax kids play in Ashburn Youth Football? What point are you trying to prove? My son plays on a baseball team in Fairfax and people from Loudoun and Prince William are on the team. It means nothing.

Date: October 19, 2012 01:36AM

No Nothing or whatever your name is:

Yeah, I'm really stupid. That's why I called you out when you posted that Broad Run pushed SB all over the field. I was there and the scoreboard did not lie: SB 37, BR 14. Next, you claimed that SB would "rather continue to beat up on Langley, McLean, TJ, Fairfax, etc., than play in the much tougher Loudoun district." Again, because I'm stupid, I'm wondering which teams are so tough in Loudoun that SB can't handle them. When it comes to states, had BW or Broad Run been in D5 (as they should be with 1750+), they would have run into Phoebus just like SB did. You've got a budding hotbed in Loudoun but let's wait to see what happens in D5 when playoffs start. We'll probably see SB rule D5 along w/a weakened Phoebus or possibly Lake Taylor from Norfolk. As for the Cedar, let's see what happens when BR plays Battlefield and then Stonewall. Your point about the enrollment disparity vs. Broad Run is well-taken but playing bigger schools might help BR get ready for playoffs. Lastly, you point out that Broad Run dropped 37 on Herndon, a D6 as if that's a big deal. Apparently, you didn't realize that a D5 like Yorktown from the weak National Dist put 51 on Herndon. I don't think that any of these teams except SB could compete for the Condcorde title every year -- but agree that they do have good programs for their schools' sizes.

Posted by: FootballSEC1 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:52AM

Hey, Eastern Va Fan-You Know Nothin:

Hey, if FFX county is so terrible, then how come D5 SoCo went to SB last year in the playoffs and took care of biz? The game was a beatdown.

Everybody in VA knows who Concorde is, but who knows the Cedar Dist? You Loudoun people won some titles b/c the classifications were outdated and you beat up on smaller schools. That's exactly what would happen if you came to play any team in Concorde besides Herndon. You really make me laugh, talking about AYFL. Bring one of those teams to PG County and see what happens. Ever wonder why DeMatha scrimmages W'field and not you?

Eastern Va Fan - You know nothin Wrote:
> You really seem sort of stupid. I was talking
> about Loudoun talent, not just Broad Run. Broad
> Run is down a little this year, but still will
> make the playoffs. As for last year, If their QB
> does not go down in the playoffs last year, they
> likely win their region.
>
> They are 4-3 with their losses coming to two other
> Loudoun teams and Woodbridge. They score 37 on
> Herndon, a much larger school by the way, as are
> all of the Prince William County schools. Why
> didn't you point out how Broad Run has 1600 kids,
> and Battlefield almost 3000? Still, in their
> first year in AAA, they are co-champs in the tough
> Cedar Run District.
>
> Stone Bridge, Briar ( both still undefeated)and
> Broad Run are all well under 2000 enrolled. There
> is not a Fairfax school of that size that has a
> better program than any of the three.
>
> Phoebus is an aberration. They get to recruit by
> being an ROTC school. Plus, they are going down
> to Div 4 in the new classification, and will
> outscore all of their opponents in the playoffs by
> 50 for the next 10 years.
>
> The winner of the Stone Bridge, Briar, Broad Run,
> Tuscarora, etc division will play for the state
> championship if Div 5 every year.

Posted by: PW in the House ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:51AM

The point is... schools need to play other schools that are close in size. Yes, Broad Run was winning states when they were larger, but it is now crazy that every school they play ( except other Loudoun schools) have almost twice as many kids. Next year's reclassification will take care of that, although God help the D4 schools that have to deal with Phobus.

However, bro, no chance the Concord is better than Cedar Run. Osboure, who Broad Run beat by 21, beat Hylton by 10. Hylton is destroying everyone else. Stonewall and Battlefield would romp over Chantilly, Centreville, and Robinson. And in two years, Patriot, with almost 300 kids, will be going to states. Count on that.

Prince William and Loudoun offer better football programs than Fairfax.

Posted by: ShizNiz ()
Date: October 19, 2012 09:02AM

Broad Run and Briar Woods each have 1600 kids. Westfield has 2900.

Put together Broad Run and Briar so that they have the same amount of kids as Westfield, Battlefield, Robinson, etc.... and they win by three touchdowns every week.

Posted by: blah blah blah ()
Date: October 19, 2012 09:44AM

Yadda yadda yadda with the Fairfax v. Prince William v. Loudoun talk. It's like you guys are arguing over who is the tallest midget. If you looked outside of your little bubble, there are conferences with schools of similar sizes in places like Ohio, Florida, Texas, etc. that would routinely dismantle any conference NoVa put up against it. How about getting back to enjoying the games for what they are and letting things be decided on the field and in the playoffs?

Posted by: NoVAfbfan ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:30AM

PW in the House Wrote:
> The point is... schools need to play other schools
> that are close in size. Yes, Broad Run was
> winning states when they were larger, but it is
> now crazy that every school they play ( except
> other Loudoun schools) have almost twice as many
> kids. Next year's reclassification will take care
> of that, although God help the D4 schools that
> have to deal with Phobus.
>
> However, bro, no chance the Concord is better than
> Cedar Run. Osboure, who Broad Run beat by 21,
> beat Hylton by 10. Hylton is destroying everyone
> else. Stonewall and Battlefield would romp over
> Chantilly, Centreville, and Robinson. And in two
> years, Patriot, with almost 300 kids, will be
> going to states. Count on that.
>
> Prince William and Loudoun offer better football
> programs than Fairfax.

I know you are just kidding with the Prince William football better than Fairfax football. Centreville beat Hylton in their scrimmage and they are probably 3 or 4th best team in the Concorde. Stonewall is a 1 year blip and will fade back to mediocrity next year. Battlefield is the only program in PW County and they would be just another team in the Concorde. Hylton and Woodbridge all have taalent but no coaching. They all get waxed in the playoffs because they never get any better during the year. Thats why Battlefield beats Hylton every year in the playoffs. We will see about Patriot, depends on how there Coaching staff develops them. Northern Region and Eastern Region dominate the State... check the record!

Posted by: NOVA ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:46AM

"Centreville beat Hylton in a scrimmage."

Yeah, and Lake Braddock wins 7 v 7 camp every year.

Oh, did you know that Stone Bridge beat Chantilly in Pitt Camp too?

Hysterical. You mean the smae Centreville team that squeeked by Herndon?

Bottom line is this - Northern Virginia foootball - Fairfax, Loudoun, and PW is as good as any region in the state and can compete favorably with Ohio, PA, NJ, MD. Everywhere bu Texas, Florida and California really.

Northen Virginia is the only local state where the top talent doesn't pool at a magnet, ROTC, or private school. The top talent stays split up. Churning out lots of D1 prospects ever year.

Number One recruit in country for 2014 is from Woodbridge.

Posted by: Cvillefan ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:47AM

Whatever1650 Wrote:
> Centreville will get their butts kicked. QB for
> them is really bad.

A friend told me about this post and I would love to hear more from you about Cville and specifically their QB. Sounds like you have personal knowledge of the program and kids. What are your expectations for this team? Their QB has lead them to a 5-2 record and played better each week. He is by far the best option they have at QB. He is a better athlete, leader and football player than anyone else thay have. This is a young team progressing and improving headed to the playoffs. They may not win the State this year, but watch out cause Cville is poised in the next couple of years to do what they did last year.

Posted by: HAHAHAHA ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:03AM

NOVA Wrote:
> Bottom line is this - Northern Virginia foootball
> - Fairfax, Loudoun, and PW is as good as any
> region in the state and can compete favorably with
> Ohio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: HS Football ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:45AM

The top 20 teams in Ohio would beat the all of the Concorde Teams by 20-30 pts. The Ohio schools have slightly less or equal skill talent than the beach teams, but way more line talent. The coaching staffs are ususally very strong as well and they play against each other all year which makes them much better. Northern Virginia just has too many non-football playing demographics in its schools which really limits how good they can be.

Posted by: numbercruncher ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:00PM

ShizNiz Wrote:
> Broad Run and Briar Woods each have 1600 kids.
> Westfield has 2900.

Point made but Westfield enrollment is declining every year. Current enrollment is 2791.

Posted by: bulldawg ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:15PM

I am a Westfield fan, but find all this talk annoying. Who cares who is better than who? Let them play on the field. My opinion on Westfield is their coaching differentiates them. They have good, but not great players (not many go to D-1) and they are never very big. From observation, most times teams like Westield and Centreville best their competition because they have solid coaching.

And lets be real, even with the smaller enrollment, Briar Woods would be a tough out for the Conorde teams this year. Broad Run not so much this year and Stone Bridge is always legit....it's just too bad they dont have more competition in their own district year in and year out.

Date: October 19, 2012 04:48PM

PW in the House Wrote:
> However, bro, no chance the Concord is better than
> Cedar Run.

To compare the Cedar Run district to the Concorde is absolutely comical. Then to suggest the district is better than the Concorde is beyond ridiculous. Not even going to argue this. Go post about the Cedar Run in the PW section.

Date: October 19, 2012 11:13PM

Westfield 28-14. Oakton scored on the first drive of the second half to make it 21-14. Followed that with a drive that ended in a missed fg followed by another that ended in a blocked punt. Westfield was definitely the better team and made fewer mistakes, although having an undersized defense will catch up to them in the state playoffs.

Posted by: Loudon is West Virginia ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:54PM

Why are the Loudon inbreds on this board? Isn't there
A sister available? Go back Go back Go back into the woods.

Posted by: WHS ()
Date: October 20, 2012 12:44AM

Is it me or do the people over at Gameday magazine seem to hate on Westfield? Last time I checked, we are undefeated and haven't lost a regular season game since the 2010 regular season since the class of 2011 were seniors. Congrats on the homecoming win Westfield, keep up with the dominance!

Posted by: WHS ()
Date: October 20, 2012 12:47AM

Those boys over in loudon are pretty good, let's put them with the boys in Western fairfax so we can have some really good football, I like the sound of a concorde district plus stone bridge and broad run

Date: October 20, 2012 08:36AM

Based on ...?

WHS Wrote:
> Is it me or do the people over at Gameday magazine
> seem to hate on Westfield? Last time I checked, we
> are undefeated and haven't lost a regular season
> game since the 2010 regular season since the class
> of 2011 were seniors. Congrats on the homecoming
> win Westfield, keep up with the dominance!

Posted by: Bulldawg ()
Date: October 20, 2012 12:47PM

Random Dude Wrote:
> Based on ...?
>
> WHS Wrote:
> -----
> > Is it me or do the people over at Gameday
> magazine
> > seem to hate on Westfield? Last time I checked,
> we
> > are undefeated and haven't lost a regular
> season
> > game since the 2010 regular season since the
> class
> > of 2011 were seniors. Congrats on the
> homecoming
> > win Westfield, keep up with the dominance!

I actually think that Gameday is pretty supportive of the Westfield program.

Posted by: Jim Mora ()
Date: October 20, 2012 08:20PM

How are playoff teams picked in VHSL?

Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: October 20, 2012 08:40PM

Jim Mora Wrote:
> How are playoff teams picked in VHSL?

Based on power points, look at the VHSL handbook at http://www.vhsl.org/eligibility.vhsl-handbook

Date: October 21, 2012 08:40AM

Current Power Points for Northern Region Div 5 & 6

Division 5
Stone Bridge 246
Madison 238
Yorktown 234
Hayfield 201
Edison 187
Langley 186
McLean 186
South County 181
Jefferson 176
Lee 170
Mount Vernon 165
Falls Church 147
Stuart 139
Marshall 129
Wakefield 127

Division 6
Westfield 266
Centreville 226
Lake Braddock 222
Chantilly 220
West Potomac 218
Oakton 215
Fairfax 197
Robinson 197
West Springfield 195
Washington-Lee 178
T.C. Williams 167
South Lakes 160
W.T. Woodson 160
Herndon 150
Annandale 145

Date: October 21, 2012 10:18AM

The Centreville-Chantilly game was a suprise. Chantilly had been playing great football and last couple of weeks and jumped out to a 17-0 lead. From there they looked horrendus and let a Centreville team with a mediocre offense score 6 touchdowns on consecutive possessions (really 7, they kicked a FG from the 1 yard line at the end of the game). It looked very similar to the way Chantilly played to conclude last season's second half. I really do not think they will be able to recover from that game and have had a fork put in them.

They were absolutely man handled. Now you got a great game Friday essentially for the district championship. Westfield wins and they win the district. Centreville wins and then beats Oakton they are the champions. I don't expect this game to be real close with Westfield dominating, but for another year it is a very meaningful game.

Date: October 21, 2012 04:10PM

Chantilly is a fraud. Centreville has mostly sophomores and a few juniors who are their impact players and they dropped 45 on Chantilly. When your "leaders" are kids like Sonny Romine and Trey Coates, you have problems.

Posted by: Purple Knight ()
Date: October 21, 2012 04:41PM

They played like crap, but you ain't a fraud when you lose to Westfield by 3, you ain't a fraud when you demolish Oakton.

The fact is Chantilly has plenty of talent and should be far more successful than they've been. I hate to call out coaches, but it is clear as day the coaching staffs at Westfield and Centreville are miles ahead of Chantilly. Chantilly's coaching just gets away with it because they win most of their games due to a huge talent differential.

Posted by: Purple Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2012 05:27PM

As much as I love chantilly, we lost the westfield game (meaning it was our game to win), got handed the Oakton game because of the turnovers and bad qb play, and got out coached by centreville. I hope the team comes ready to play the rest of the way. We need a good 1st round playoff matchup, I hope Braddock; or centreville again to show them who's boss

Date: October 21, 2012 06:21PM

Typical. Blame the coaches. Again, look at your senior leadership or lack thereof. Happened last year and will happen again. Implosion coming

Date: October 21, 2012 06:46PM

Senior leadership is a stupid argument for the team not knowing what they're doing. The leaders on last year's team were juniors. That's why they were supposed to be so good this year. You dig?

Posted by: ATU89 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 07:48PM

Westfield has been really surprising me this year. They are 8-0 with many quality wins considering how young they are. They have 4 sophomores on defense (Gibson,Moore,Song,Martinez) and one on offense. The key for them to win agaisnt a talented centreville team is to contain AJ Turner.

Date: October 21, 2012 10:33PM

ATU89 Wrote:
> Westfield has been really surprising me this year.
> They are 8-0 with many quality wins considering
> how young they are. They have 4 sophomores on
> defense (Gibson,Moore,Song,Martinez) and one on
> offense. The key for them to win agaisnt a
> talented centreville team is to contain AJ Turner.

Westfield is the number one ranked D6 school in the state, don't know why they're suprising you anymore if you've been watching them. They will have NO trouble with Centreville next Friday.

Posted by: ConcordeFB ()
Date: October 21, 2012 11:30PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> The Centreville-Chantilly game was a suprise.
> Chantilly had been playing great football and last
> couple of weeks and jumped out to a 17-0 lead.
> From there they looked horrendus and let a
> Centreville team with a mediocre offense score 6
> touchdowns on consecutive possessions (really 7,
> they kicked a FG from the 1 yard line at the end
> of the game). It looked very similar to the way
> Chantilly played to conclude last season's second
> half. I really do not think they will be able to
> recover from that game and have had a fork put in
> them.
>
> They were absolutely man handled. Now you got a
> great game Friday essentially for the district
> championship. Westfield wins and they win the
> district. Centreville wins and then beats Oakton
> they are the champions. I don't expect this game
> to be real close with Westfield dominating, but
> for another year it is a very meaningful game.

You must be a Chantilly fan, MEDIOCRE OFFENSE??? REALLY!! The team and offense is young BUT ANYTHING BUT MEDIOCRE. Chantilly as usual has NO HEART and once they got down they were DONE.

All you need to know about Chantilly is to look at their QB come through the handshake line after the game. Take a look and then reply back here CLASSLESS!!!

Posted by: ATU89 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 06:34AM

I meant they are surprising in the sense they graduated virutally all their starters from last year and with their youth they have been dominant. Really shows how good their coaching staff is. People give too much critique on their D but Shields and his young players will hold it down this year and more to come

Posted by: Dominate This ()
Date: October 22, 2012 09:51AM

Hey Dominance

While I agree the Liberty teams suck with the exception of Madison and Langley - the Loudoun teams also suck Briar Woods included!!! Until BW stops being pussies and being a big fish in a small pond they are nothing they beat teams they are considerably bigger than and should beat and then think they have accomplished something. They run up points against pathetic teams in Loudoun and then think they are good. SB beat everyone in the Dulles district for years by an average of 50 points a game they moved up to AAA as soon as they could while BW cheats to stay in the Dulles and D4 they should have been D5 years ago = can you say PUSSIES!!!! Have BW Play in D5 states and even win one game and then BW can talk = and guess what the D6 guys still won't respect you either, Example Stone Bridge has never lost to big bad Westfield the defacto top dog in the Concorde and no one respects SB because they won't play up in the Concorde even though they are not D6 size. Every ass wipe on this board thinks the Concorde is the be all and end all when in fact they are simply above average football teams with maybe a great team that jells every few years not unlike every other high school district every where

By the way Broad Run never pushed SB lines around this year or last BR built a big first half lead last year on a few big plays not by pushing around SB's line, and in the end they chumped out and lost to a SB team that for that year they were probably better than but instead showed they could not handle the heat of playing up even in a year when SB started 1 senior lineman and BR had a team of seniors that had played together for 3 years that was senior dominated and made up of multi year D4 champs but they still couldn't beat what was a bad SB team what does that say about the teams in Loudoun

As far as Allen is concerned he is the best defensive player I have seen in years of watching NR Football. Teams such as BR and now every Liberty team run any where but near him = watched the Mclean game Friday night he only had to play 1 half and every run was to the opposite side of him every team including BR runs away from him. Hard to have to many tackles when every play is on the other side of the field

I also happen to know that SB does not trust that this new alignment will last and they would then be stuck playing bottom feeders in Loudoun and winning by 50 again every week. If they switched now they will end up getting even less recognition for the team and players in the process. Switching to the Loudoun District still would only give them two decent district matchups BR would replace the Langley game as a decent game with SB always winning and BW would replace Madison as being the only team that might beat them and still only beating them once out of every 10+ games. So what does SB gain by joining a district they don't think will last. Especially with enrollment figures always moving around both BR and BW will go running back to the comforts of D4 as soon as they can scheme their way down again

Ashburn youth leagues also are no better than any other league actually they are no different than any other Daddy run league so get over yourself if you think AYFL is something special it's the same league as every where else = run by ex jocks or jock wannabees living life through their kids and only coaching their own kid and moving on nothing that people are moving to Loudoun to join that's a joke right

Posted by: Posting for no good reason ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:49AM

I would agree that the "surprise" comes from Westfield's level of success vs. their graduation of 40 seniors last year.

You would think that a team like Chantilly would have the upper hand with the amount of returning players they have this year in key positions - but having seen both of these teams you can really tell the difference in coaching between the two schools.

Westfield's biggest area of concern is their defense. Offensively, they can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the region, but defensively they give up a ton of rushing yards. I have no doubts that they will win the region title at this point, but I see them having a hard time making it all the way to a state title without a strong run defense.

BulldawgFan Wrote:
> ATU89 Wrote:
> -----
> > Westfield has been really surprising me this
> year.
> > They are 8-0 with many quality wins considering
> > how young they are. They have 4 sophomores on
> > defense (Gibson,Moore,Song,Martinez) and one on
> > offense. The key for them to win agaisnt a
> > talented centreville team is to contain AJ
> Turner.
>
>
> Westfield is the number one ranked D6 school in
> the state, don't know why they're suprising you
> anymore if you've been watching them. They will
> have NO trouble with Centreville next Friday.

Date: October 22, 2012 03:48PM

Dominate This Wrote:
> Hey Dominance
>
>
> While I agree the Liberty teams suck with the
> exception of Madison and Langley - the Loudoun
> teams also suck Briar Woods included!!! Until BW
> stops being pussies and being a big fish in a
> small pond they are nothing they beat teams they
> are considerably bigger than and should beat and
> then think they have accomplished something. They
> run up points against pathetic teams in Loudoun
> and then think they are good. SB beat everyone in
> the Dulles district for years by an average of 50
> points a game they moved up to AAA as soon as they
> could while BW cheats to stay in the Dulles and D4
> they should have been D5 years ago = can you say
> PUSSIES!!!! Have BW Play in D5 states and even win
> one game and then BW can talk = and guess what the
> D6 guys still won't respect you either, Example
> Stone Bridge has never lost to big bad Westfield
> the defacto top dog in the Concorde and no one
> respects SB because they won't play up in the
> Concorde even though they are not D6 size. Every
> ass wipe on this board thinks the Concorde is the
> be all and end all when in fact they are simply
> above average football teams with maybe a great
> team that jells every few years not unlike every
> other high school district every where
>
> By the way Broad Run never pushed SB lines around
> this year or last BR built a big first half lead
> last year on a few big plays not by pushing around
> SB's line, and in the end they chumped out and
> lost to a SB team that for that year they were
> probably better than but instead showed they could
> not handle the heat of playing up even in a year
> when SB started 1 senior lineman and BR had a team
> of seniors that had played together for 3 years
> that was senior dominated and made up of multi
> year D4 champs but they still couldn't beat what
> was a bad SB team what does that say about the
> teams in Loudoun
>
> As far as Allen is concerned he is the best
> defensive player I have seen in years of watching
> NR Football. Teams such as BR and now every
> Liberty team run any where but near him = watched
> the Mclean game Friday night he only had to play 1
> half and every run was to the opposite side of him
> every team including BR runs away from him. Hard
> to have to many tackles when every play is on the
> other side of the field
>
> I also happen to know that SB does not trust that
> this new alignment will last and they would then
> be stuck playing bottom feeders in Loudoun and
> winning by 50 again every week. If they switched
> now they will end up getting even less recognition
> for the team and players in the process. Switching
> to the Loudoun District still would only give them
> two decent district matchups BR would replace the
> Langley game as a decent game with SB always
> winning and BW would replace Madison as being the
> only team that might beat them and still only
> beating them once out of every 10+ games. So what
> does SB gain by joining a district they don't
> think will last. Especially with enrollment
> figures always moving around both BR and BW will
> go running back to the comforts of D4 as soon as
> they can scheme their way down again
>
> Ashburn youth leagues also are no better than any
> other league actually they are no different than
> any other Daddy run league so get over yourself if
> you think AYFL is something special it's the same
> league as every where else = run by ex jocks or
> jock wannabees living life through their kids and
> only coaching their own kid and moving on nothing
> that people are moving to Loudoun to join that's a
> joke right

Wow, lots of anger in this email. Stone Bridge is a legit team. They beat Westfield fair and square the two times they played....17-14 and 7-3. Both Westfield teams were far from their best, but SB won the games. Westfield would likely have beaten SB last year....this year, not so sure.

The point is, if SB were in the Concorde, they would be like every other Concorde team (except Herndon) in that none of those games are easy. Their district is a joke (not their fault), but even the teams like Madison , Fairfax, etc get smoked by a good Concorde team and if you are at the game, the talent, execution and coaching differential is significant.

Give props to SB, year in and year out they are excellent, but i dont think their district schedule prepares them well for what they encounter in the States. And I do think they are very very good this year (though I am not sold on their QB).

Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: October 22, 2012 04:57PM

Anyone who thinks that Centreville vs Westfield won't be close is kidding themselves. With everything on the line, this game could be one of the best in the past couple of years. I'd say Westfield wins, but everyone last week was saying that Cville didn't have a chance against Tilly. It wouldn't shock me if they proved everyone wrong again.

Date: October 22, 2012 05:49PM

Centreville/Westfield will be a close/good game. Agree.

Date: October 22, 2012 10:29PM

14 points against Herndon, Robinson scored 52, Oakton scored 55

17 points against Hayfield

21 points against Robinson

Those numbers are pretty mediocre. Chantilly had scored 35+ in 5 games. A much tougher schedule too. This is why Chantilly was such a heavy favorite. Props to Centreville for dominating the game, but my comments were not out of left field regarding Centreville. Chantilly was outcoached, and your comment on heart might even be accurate.

One thing we have to stop discussing on here is the hand shake lines. West Po-Lake Braddock, now this, who cares how a hand shake line ends? I was at the game and have no idea what you're talking about, but ofcourse after getting hammered in a game you were up 17-0 there will be emotion, not an excuse, but grow a pair and stop talking all this sportsmanship stuff.

Posted by: HEHE LOVE IT ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:23PM

I like how those on the side of bad sportsmen demand sportsmanship be overlooked. :)

Posted by: Fairness ()
Date: October 23, 2012 01:07AM

Ok... sorry to jump in late on this, but I am a head linesman in the area, and will try and set some things straight here.

Schools in Loudoun like Broad Run and Briar, even Stone Bridge have less than 2000 students. Broad Run and Briar are under 1700.

PW County schools try and jam 3000 in a single high school.

Fairfax County lies in the middle.

You call out Briar for not playing up? Why should they? They have 1000 students less than the D5 schools in Fairfax. You say Broad Run will run it up again when they are back to Div 4 like that is a bad thing.

That is the size of their schools pal.

Youth leagues, facilities, money, coaching all favor Loudoun now over Fairfax. It is the natural progression.

Westfield, Chantilly, and Centreville are always good nowadays, and the balance of power in FFX has shifted west. Folks wanted out of places like Annandale, Falls Church, Reston, and Herndon.

Eastern Fairfax schools will soon be as bad as DC public schools. Well, not THAT bad, but you get my point.

And then eventually, Tuscarora and Woodgrove will be powerhouses.

By the way, a mediocre Broad Run team handled Martinsburg in a scrimmage for the second year in a row. Martinsburg wins in WVA every year. Balance of power won't shift out THAT far.

Posted by: White Flight ()
Date: October 23, 2012 01:11AM

Real reason why Western Fairfax and Eastern Loudoun dominate?
Whitey wants no part of those Fairfax towns now filled with asians, indians, and latinos.
They are good at tennis, SAT's, and soccer - but not football.
They big white lineman and talented QB's moved out first, then the speedy black receivers and running backs came.
Annandale's line averages 165 pounds per man, or 5 more than Stuart's!

Posted by: Stone Bridge plant! ()
Date: October 23, 2012 01:15AM

If Jon Allen is the best you have seen, then you must only be watching Stone Bridge play. Did you see Washington Post a couple of days ago? A junior by the name of Hand ( Woodbridge )is number one prospect in the entire country for 2014.

Ask Broad Run kids who is better - Hand or Allen. They saw them both. It is not even a contest.

And yes, Ryan Burns ( Stanford recruit ) has a cannon for an arm, but no touch and no football savvy. Won't do anything at D1 level.

Posted by: Cavs ()
Date: October 23, 2012 06:48AM

WTW loses again. Looking at back to back 2 win seasons. Here's the question - how many 2 win seasons do athletic directors give their football coaches before they remove them? 2? 3? 4? More??? As a WTW parent who helps coach basketball at another high school I know for a fact that our staff is not very highly regarded in the area. But they are nice guys and the kids like them so we're torn.

Posted by: Fact Checking ()
Date: October 23, 2012 07:44AM

Fairness Wrote:
> Broad Run and Briar are under 1700.
>
> You call out Briar for not playing up? Why should
> they? They have 1000 students less than the D5
> schools in Fairfax.

There are 10 D5 schools in FCPS with fewer than 2,000 students.

Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: October 23, 2012 08:09AM

This is what the playoffs would look like going into week 9

Division 5
Stone Bridge 246 Liberty 1st
Madison 238 Liberty 2nd
Yorktown 234 National 1st
Hayfield 201 National 2nd
Edison 187 National 3rd
Langley 186 Liberty 4th
McLean 186 Liberty 5th
South County 181 Patriot 4th

Jefferson 176
Lee 170
Mount Vernon 165
Falls Church 147
Stuart 139
Marshall 129
Wakefield 127

Division 6
Westfield 266 Concorde 1st
Centreville 226 Concorde 3rd
Lake Braddock 222 Patriot 1st
Chantilly 220 Concorde 4th
West Potomac 218 Patriot 2nd
Oakton 215 Concorde 2nd
Fairfax 197 Liberty 3rd
Robinson 197 Concorde 5th

West Springfield 195 Patriot 3rd
Washington-Lee 178
T.C. Williams 167
South Lakes 160
W.T. Woodson 160
Herndon 150
Annandale 145

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 08:09AM by Nighthawk.

Posted by: Cvillebacker ()
Date: October 23, 2012 09:03AM

Purple Knight Wrote:
> 14 points against Herndon, Robinson scored 52,
> Oakton scored 55
>
> 17 points against Hayfield
>
> 21 points against Robinson
>
> Those numbers are pretty mediocre. Chantilly had
> scored 35+ in 5 games. A much tougher schedule
> too. This is why Chantilly was such a heavy
> favorite. Props to Centreville for dominating the
> game, but my comments were not out of left field
> regarding Centreville. Chantilly was outcoached,
> and your comment on heart might even be accurate.
>
> One thing we have to stop discussing on here is
> the hand shake lines. West Po-Lake Braddock, now
> this, who cares how a hand shake line ends? I was
> at the game and have no idea what you're talking
> about, but ofcourse after getting hammered in a
> game you were up 17-0 there will be emotion, not
> an excuse, but grow a pair and stop talking all
> this sportsmanship stuff.

SHOCKING! A Chantilly fan/parent tired of talking about Sportsmanship. You just summed up the problem with your team right there. You guys are the ultimate Front runners, as long as you are winning and the things are going great, all is well. As soon as there is some adversity, the kids quit and the stands empty. Look at last year, that team quit half way through the year and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: October 23, 2012 09:21AM

Shouldn't you been in school CVille LB? CVille shouldn't be talking sportsmanship when everyone knows a handful of players got caught drinking at homecoming and it was swept under the rug. The mandatory one month suspensions that would have ended their region title run were never considered, and the blame was passed on to other students.

The most gutless example of a poor school administration I had ever heard.

Posted by: KingConcorde ()
Date: October 23, 2012 06:57PM

Westfield - Centreville Week!!! It's gonna be a good one! Who you got???

Posted by: CvilleFan ()
Date: October 23, 2012 06:57PM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> Shouldn't you been in school CVille LB? CVille
> shouldn't be talking sportsmanship when everyone
> knows a handful of players got caught drinking at
> homecoming and it was swept under the rug. The
> mandatory one month suspensions that would have
> ended their region title run were never
> considered, and the blame was passed on to other
> students.
>
> The most gutless example of a poor school
> administration I had ever heard.

The two players were suspended for a month. One got back in time for the 2nd round of playoffs, and another was either hurt or just didn't play. Please, check the facts or just don't post stuff like this.

PS: Wouldn't have ended title run even if suspended for the rest of the season.

Posted by: InsiderFB ()
Date: October 23, 2012 08:54PM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> students.
>

Let me guess you are Whatever1650 and now that you are no longer part of the team no you are ready to turn over on your former teammates you fucking pussy. You wonder why you didnt play you fucking pussy, nobody had any respect while you were on the team, now we all hate your guts you fucking RAT. We know who you are and you will pay!

Posted by: purpletruth ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:13PM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> students.
>

REALLY!! worst case huh ... what about our guys who stole beer from our local convenience store and NEVER paid any price for it. You wanna compare admins when it comes to kids not having to pay a price for stupid stunts ....... Our QB & DL were caught by the FCPD and we still got them playing on Fridays! The kids caught stealing the beer are the ones not shaking hands after the game... FIGURES!!!................. Losers leading Losers

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:41PM

What in the world are you talking about Purple Truth? That's a load of crap.

In the Centreville case, 2 players got suspended for Centreville, there were 5 involved.

Posted by: clearing ()
Date: October 23, 2012 11:25PM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> What in the world are you talking about Purple
> Truth? That's a load of crap.
>
> In the Centreville case, 2 players got suspended
> for Centreville, there were 5 involved.

There were 5 involved but only 2 Centreville football players who got handed their suspensions and served them. One other involved was the Oakton player who actually DID get swept under the rug and the other two kids involved were girls at Centreville; irrelevant.

Posted by: Real truth ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:45AM

The Oakton player was suspended. He was suspended by the team for being in the situation. When he was questioned at centreville he blew a 0.00 and had no drugs or alcohol on his person. The admin and SRO reported that to Oakton, so the player was put back on the team. The centreville player was drunk and had weed on him. He should have been expelled, however his mom is Bill Curan's secretary. That is why he was back on the team in the playoffs. He only missed two games.

The Chantilly players were caught a stealing beer out of people's garages right before the season started. There was no punishment or suspension from the team.

Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 10

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.