HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: High School Football
Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: September 29, 2012 10:09PM

@ steve k2

Been enjoying your posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: September 30, 2012 07:55AM

Lee's starting RB (Jolley) was out. As dominating as Oakton's score appeared, I don't see them winning the Concorde. They can't pass the ball past 10 yards and when they run into their Concorde schedule they are going to have to deal with teams that have the personnel to spy Downer and Wandey.

Posted by: More Random than Dude ()
Date: September 30, 2012 10:28AM

C'mon now the score does not "appear" dominating, it IS dominating. Excuses are weak. As was stated all along, 7v7 are an indication of nothing. RELHS needs to stop their celebrating and start working on defensive plan that is something other than laughable. Allowing 42 points is an embarrassment to us all.

Posted by: Woooo ()
Date: September 30, 2012 11:16AM

Is Lee that bad???? If so, how bad is that Woodson team who lost to lee last week. That entire WTW staff should probably be canned.

Posted by: More Random than Random ()
Date: September 30, 2012 11:56AM

I think what Dude was trying to say is that when Oakton runs into tougher competition in the Concorde, Oakton is going to run into trouble. Certainly didn't help that Jolley was out for Lee - they couldn't get anything accomplished offensively without him and the defense got worn out quick.

Maybe you can give him a pass since the weather was crap at Lee for the first half, but when Oakton went to the air Downer couldn't hit the broad side of a barn Friday night. If he can't improve his accuracy, teams like Westfield are going to go man-to-man on the outside and key in on the running game - and unlike Lee, teams like Westfield and Chantilly have the speed at LB to take on Oakton's rushing game.

More Random than Dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C'mon now the score does not "appear" dominating,
> it IS dominating. Excuses are weak. As was
> stated all along, 7v7 are an indication of
> nothing. RELHS needs to stop their celebrating
> and start working on defensive plan that is
> something other than laughable. Allowing 42 points
> is an embarrassment to us all.

Posted by: random as random gets ()
Date: September 30, 2012 01:05PM

If you guys have not been following Oakton all year let me fill you in. Oakton lost its two stating receivers in preseason. Ryan Ladson and Andy Boone were forced to come over and fill the voids left on offense. They have seemed to struggle to pick the offense up so far. In every game I have been to so far there always seems to be 3 + drops (with the exception of Woodson). The passing game will be fine the Oakton coaches seem to be too trigger happy and like going over the top too much

Posted by: RealWTW ()
Date: September 30, 2012 08:13PM

Morons Wrote:
> The guy that keeps coming on here and defending
> the WTW coaches is obviously Dishun or Bianchi.
> Those two guys could lead the way to a picnic in
> their own back yard. No leadership qualities and
> to make things worse, no football IQ. Sad but
> true. The proof is out there now. There is nowhere
> for Dishun and company to hide after last weeks
> debacle when they kneeled on the ball on 4th down
> in their own territory with 2 seconds left on the
> clock. Pure idiocy. Good luck blaming the kids for
> that blunder that even pewee coaches don't make.
> The DSA is not the problem here. He isn't perfect
> but he is not the problem when it comes to
> football. Losing is one thing but under Dishun
> they haven't even been competitive. That 3-7
> season before Dishun got there they were at least
> competitive in va handful of games. Big
> difference. Fire Dishun fire Bianchi.

Your kid sucks!! Quit blaming everyone else.

Posted by: NVFBfan ()
Date: October 01, 2012 03:28PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Woodson has played 2 good games in a row. They
> were no where near a West Springfield talentwise
> yet hung in there until the end losing 14-10.
> West Springfield is the same team that won 3 of
> its 4 games by 20+ including smashing Robinson.

BOTH OF THESE TEAMS SUCK! IF WS MAKES PLAYOFFS THEY WILL LOSE FIRST ROUND
>
> Job well done Cavs!
>
> Now other scores in the region
> Broad Run over Herndon 37-7 (Herndon falls to 0-5,
> likely a 0-10 season for them)

SAME OLD HERNDON!! DAY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MCLEAN JOB
>
> Chantilly over Edison 48-25 (Chantilly fell behind
> 13-0 and then smoked them as they should. Sets up
> a great Chantilly-Westfield Battle of Chantilly
> next week. Chantilly has a doozy though with
> undefeated Westfield followed by undefeated
> Oakton.)
>
CHANTILLY IS OVER RATED.... WILL GET KILLED BY WESTFIELD

> Westfield over Fairfax 35-3 (expected and 5-0, now
> they play 4-1 Chantilly)
>
> Mount Vernon 34, Falls Church 12 (very
> disappointing for FC)

WHO CARES?
>
> Centreville 17-16 over Hayfield (Hayfield robbed,
> watched the video and they scored the winning 2pt
> conversion in ot)

CENTREVILLE MAKES STUPID MISTAKES THAT KEEP GAMES CLOSED. HAYFIELD CAME NO WHERE CLOSE TO SCORING IN OT
>
> Madison 24-21 over Langley (Madision is going back
> to the playoffs it looks like, very big win after
> an impressive one at Hayfield)

MADISION SURPRISE TEAM OF THE YEAR!
>
> Mclean over Marshall 42-6
>
> Oakton over Lee 42-0 (they're legit)
NO THERE NOT!! HAVE NOT PLAYED ANYONE.... JUST LIKE LAST YEAR
>
> Robinson over South County 53-23, impressive night
> for the Rams, Wilson scored 6tds!

ROBINSON HAS BIG GAME AGAINST CVILLE THIS WEEK
>
> Stone Bridge over Jefferson 42-7, for them TJ
> battled hard

STONE BRIDGE IS THE REAL DEAL... WITH PHOEBUS IN TURMOIL COULD BE THEIR YEAR TO WIN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. COULD BE THEIR LAST CHANCE

Posted by: WHS ()
Date: October 02, 2012 01:08PM

Looking forward to this years, backyard brawl! should be a good one, this will be my 6th time going to the regular season version of the backyard brawl, Lets get this done Westfield!

Posted by: Woodson ()
Date: October 02, 2012 09:01PM

Prediction: Woodson will win their first and only game of the season this week during homecoming against TC Williams 14-13. Dishun will get the Gatorade celebration.

Posted by: Really??? ()
Date: October 02, 2012 09:04PM

the truth about woodson Wrote:
> I know Dishun, I guarentee he won't resign. He's
> a good guy in a terrible situation and every coach
> deserves 3 year to get a program off the ground as
> long as he is running the program ethically.
>
> Your West Virginia argument is flawed considering
> Woodson's basketball team does not have that much
> speed other than Bowles, I doubt they'd make a
> difference, maybe 2 position players at most (then
> Rich Rod tried the same approach at Michigan and
> got destroyed). Second, most good basketball
> players in the region do not play football, sure
> there are several that do, but most don't want to
> risk injury, esspecially if the football team is
> terrible. It's one thing to play both sports at
> Westfield but why risk a shot at college
> basketball to play for a 2 win football team? If
> I'm a parent or coach I'm in my kid's ear
> discouraging it.
>
> Now none of us are practicing with the team so you
> or I really can't comment on how the team is being
> coached. Players are going to come on here and
> whine like cowards to justify their sucking as a
> coach problem and not accepting the fact there is
> no talent on that team.

West Virginia did not have speed when Rodriguez came there. He used 6'4" receivers to create mismatches against the defenses

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 11:18PM

They had plenty of speed. Regardless it was their qb Patrick White and hb Steve Slaton that were electrifying and turned around the program.

Posted by: Cavman ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:15AM

Will you please give it up? Dishun is not a good head coach. 2-12 in a yr and a half and that is at a time when the district has been pretty weak. Watch him on the sidelines, watch the placalling on both sides of the ball. Not much needs to be said. Nice guy, bad head coach. That's all there is to it. You want proof, go watch WTW play. And if they lose to TC this sat they will go 0/10. So I wish him luck this week. Nobody wants to lose 18 games in 2 yrs. and only a bad coach would do that.

Posted by: enuff ()
Date: October 04, 2012 04:51PM

Cavman Wrote:
> Will you please give it up? Dishun is not a good
> head coach. 2-12 in a yr and a half and that is at
> a time when the district has been pretty weak.
> Watch him on the sidelines, watch the placalling
> on both sides of the ball. Not much needs to be
> said. Nice guy, bad head coach. That's all there
> is to it. You want proof, go watch WTW play. And
> if they lose to TC this sat they will go 0/10. So
> I wish him luck this week. Nobody wants to lose 18
> games in 2 yrs. and only a bad coach would do
> that.

once again your kid sucks!! thats why WTW sucks! Quit blaming the Coach for your kids lack of talent. The next time you and the other parents are in the stands complaining about the Coach, take a look around and realize that it is all of your faults for producing these pussies. One, because you have no athletic ability and Second, for raising them as pussies and always blaming everyone but the kids!

Posted by: Hire me ()
Date: October 06, 2012 06:10AM

I'll win with those kids. There is plenty of talent there to at least make each season competitive. Why bash these parents coaches? Take some responsibility or step down because I have a staff ready to come in and win with these kids

Posted by: What....??? ()
Date: October 06, 2012 06:54AM

Hire Me....yeah right who are you then?? You talk a big game but I can't think of any coach in this area that really feels that is a good team and situation. Staff will be fired, no quality coach will interview.

Posted by: Booster ()
Date: October 06, 2012 08:51AM

It's the parents fault that the play calling is unimaginative?! It's the parents fault that the head coach has no game mngmt skills? It's the parents fault that the head coach has no fire in his belly? It's the parents fault that the d coordinator from Madison who nobody else wanted is the WTW d coordinator? It's the parents fault that whenever coach D does get fired he will NEVER be a head coach ever again? It's the parents fault that a lot of assistants ran away from the program last year? It's the parents fault that the coaching staff helps other teams score last second field goals before halftime? It's the parents fault that WTW is in the middle of a 2-12 stretch that will probably end up 2-18 or 3-17 at best? It's the parents fault that these last 2 yrs are the worst 2 yrs at WTW football in 20 yrs?

You can blame parents for a lot, but be a man and admit that you and your staff are not cutout for the job and move on. Bring Coach Gull back and watch this program get on track again. By that I mean watch them at least win 3 or 4 for Christ sake.

Posted by: KingConcorde ()
Date: October 06, 2012 09:38AM

When did this become WTW HS football board....please stop.

Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: October 06, 2012 12:20PM

Great game last night at Robinson. Robinson "upsets" Centreville, 28-21 in overtime. Joe Wilson gets hurt in the first half but keeps right on rolling. 238 yards, 4 touchdowns. 21 rushing touchdowns on the year and 1427 yards in 6 games. Throw in 1 receiving TD as well.

Big game against Henderson and Lake Braddock next week. Robinson's pass defense is lacking not to mention their special teams. They're the Redskins of the Northern region.

Posted by: At the game ()
Date: October 06, 2012 06:20PM

Saw the SoCo-Lake Braddock game last night. First opportunity I had to see Henderson since last season's WePo-Westfield game. I was a bit surprised at what I view as a lack of progression on his part. It seemed to me that he really hasn't grown as a QB from last season to this season - a bit erratic in his throwing, a couple of really bad passes on fade routes, and some poor decision making.

Posted by: god dammit ()
Date: October 07, 2012 12:44AM

I assume you are actually a LB coach or how else would you know he made bad decisions? Maybe the staff called a bad play?

But since Henderson led the offense to 500 yards total offense and that is about the same as against westfield I will agree he hasn't progressed much.

Posted by: PK4jm ()
Date: October 07, 2012 12:48AM

god dammit Wrote:
> I assume you are actually a LB coach or how else
> would you know he made bad decisions? Maybe the
> staff called a bad play?
>
> But since Henderson led the offense to 500 yards
> total offense and that is about the same as
> against westfield I will agree he hasn't
> progressed much.

shhhhhhhh pedo man

Well...
Posted by: Cavalier ()
Date: October 07, 2012 01:02AM

In case anyone is unaware, Woodson won today.

Posted by: TC Titan and realist on Woodson ()
Date: October 07, 2012 03:41AM

Fire the TC Williams Coaching Staff. How embarassing losing to Woodson. This team won their first game 73-0 against Wakefield (not saying much) and has lost every game since. Way too much talent for this embarassment to be happening. Good for Woodson though.

Oh and to the Cavs parent talking about blaming the parents, that's the stupidest post I've ever seen.

It's the parents fault that the head coach has no fire in his belly?
WTF is this.

It's the parents fault that the d coordinator from Madison who nobody else wanted is the WTW d coordinator?
How do you know who did or did not want him. You should be thanking him for taking the job with the terrible talent he has to coach 6 days a week.

It's the parents fault that a lot of assistants ran away from the program last year?
They ran away because your sons sucked and they didn't want to put in 6 days a week working hard with them for a 1 or 2 win season. In all actuality, you should be thanking the ones that stayed to ride the ship.

It's the parents fault that WTW is in the middle of a 2-12 stretch that will probably end up 2-18 or 3-17 at best? It's the parents fault that these last 2 yrs are the worst 2 yrs at WTW football in 20 yrs?
Yes IT IS! These are your sons that play like crap on the football field. The coaches did not raise them. They are whiners and I see where they get it from them. One of those seasons Dishun wasn't even here, they were 3-7, more to the point this bunch of kids is not good.

You can blame parents for a lot, but be a man and admit that you and your staff are not cutout for the job and move on. Bring Coach Gull back and watch this program get on track again. By that I mean watch them at least win 3 or 4 for Christ sake.
At the very best, Woodson is a 3 win team. They lost a couple 1 score games to better teams the last two weeks, nothing to put hteir heads down about. Glad for the boys and coaches they got a win this afternoon. It will probably be their only one, but a lot of people thought this was a 0 win team. I guess the season is a success.

Posted by: NorthRegionFAN ()
Date: October 07, 2012 10:18AM

WTW FOOTBALL TALK..............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: Parents ()
Date: October 07, 2012 11:01AM

Coach Howells. We miss you...our kids miss you. Please consider applying if the job opens up. We know you would do well with these kids and you can bring in some quality people to help you. The boosters have your support. We know you have little ones at home...but we need someone like you with your positive attitude to turn this thing around. The kids miss you greatly!

Posted by: Yeah, ok! ()
Date: October 07, 2012 12:55PM

Everyone thinks its funny that Howells would come on here and write a post about himself, the dude his hilarious.

Posted by: SteelCurtain ()
Date: October 07, 2012 08:18PM

Anyone see the Westfield / Chantilly game Friday? Heard it was a good one

Date: October 07, 2012 10:03PM

Chantilly and Westfield did play a great game. Westfield got the benefit of a questionable pass interference call on a 4th down play which set up their winning TD, but did deserve to win the game. For Chantilly, it was positive to see they could play with Westfield, it could be a playoff rematch at Westfield. Big win for the Bulldogs, but both programs have positive things to take away from the game.

The student sections were fantastic. The place was packed. I wish I played HS football in that kind of enviornment. The Westfield students were much louder though.

Posted by: Parents ()
Date: October 08, 2012 12:28AM

I can't believe the WTW coaches keep coming on here. Go gameplan fellas. Spending too much time on this site defending yourselves instead of preparing for your opponents. No wonder you guys have won 3 games in 2 yrs.

Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: October 08, 2012 09:20AM

Normal Concorde district play. Everyone has a chance to beat everyone (except Herndon). Westfield is a bit above everyone else, but it will be tough for them to get out without a loss.

Date: October 08, 2012 10:30AM

It is typical Concorde and I agree Westfield is the top team. Westfield is far more beatable than last year though, which looking at the early season scores I wasn't sure of. The good news though for them, is there is not a team like Centreville standing in their way that is as good as they are.

Come playoff time though, they can be beat by Chantilly or Oakton. Them versus West Potomac this week should also be a great game.

Posted by: who wins ()
Date: October 08, 2012 12:40PM

Chantilly vs. Oakton this week (Oakton's HC). Who wins?

Posted by: NorthRegionFan ()
Date: October 08, 2012 02:03PM

Will be very interesting to see who wins Chantilly Oakton. Chantilly gave Westfield a very tough time the other night and there loss to Stone Bridge is nothing to feel bad about. Oakton hasn't played anyone decent so far. I think this is another very close game and I will give the slight edge to Chantilly.

Westfield / W. Potomac will be a good game as well and Westfield has to be careful not to let their guard down after such an emotional win.

The Concorde is tough sledding....

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: October 08, 2012 02:16PM

South lakes lost to Mclean 5-0 which now puts Mclean at 4-2. 5-0? Defensive coaching was great.....piss poor offensive coaching...I hope that jackass gets fired.

Posted by: SL Baller ()
Date: October 08, 2012 02:24PM

5-0? Damn SL couldn't score against McLean? Is McLeans Defense legit? Sounds like a boring game!

Date: October 09, 2012 07:37AM

Who's going to win in Chantilly / Oakton matchup?

Date: October 09, 2012 09:59AM

SL Baller Wrote:
> 5-0? Damn SL couldn't score against McLean? Is
> McLeans Defense legit? Sounds like a boring game!

No...coaching lost that game. Predictable....not to mention 3 turnovers. We (SL) had 4 possessions within the last 8 minutes....still could not score...coaching all the way. OR lack there of.

Date: October 09, 2012 10:27AM

A lot of great games this week. Here are the spreads.

Annandale (-4.0) @ Woodson
Centreville (-20.0) @ McLean
Chantilly (-1.0) @ Oakton *Co-Game of the Week
Fairfax (-9.5) @ Jefferson
Falls Church (-17.0) @ Wakefield
Hayfield (-10.5) @ Mount Vernon
Langley @ Yorktown (-8.5)
Lee @ South County (-3.0)
Madison (-13.0) @ South Lakes
Robinson (-6.0) @ Lake Braddock *Co-Game of the Week
Stone Bridge (-63.0) @ Marshall *biggest spread of the year
Stuart @ Edison (-10.0)
Westfield (-14.0) @ West Potomac

Date: October 09, 2012 10:31AM

We talk so much about Woodson on here, so hopefully the tragic suicide of a player will stop the constant bickering about the competence of the players and coaching staff.

I had heard there was a missing student the past week, but had no idea he was on the football team. I'm just wondering from current players and parents, what was the mood like this week with the team? They came out and got a big win, but were the boys close with this player? I just ask cause I saw no articles on the fact that a teammate was missing. Then while he was missing, Woodson talk on this thread was as prominent as ever.

Posted by: NorthRegionFan ()
Date: October 09, 2012 11:03AM

The talk of Woodson football on this thread is tedious. It is horrible and that a student/teammate/friend was lost this week. I feel bad for the entire Woodson community, the teen's family and friends.

I hope this thread continues with some interesting talk on an exciting HS football season. I am a Concorde fan and am impressed with how good everyone is (other than Herndon, who Coach Day will build over time). I wouldn't want to play any one of these teams in the playoffs, they are all dangerous and can beat any team on any given night. The Chantilly Oakton game will be very interesting this weekend. And, the Robinson running back may rack up 500 years against the Lake Braddock defense I witnessed earlier this season.

Date: October 09, 2012 04:39PM

Please stop talking about Woodson here, we get it, you are horrible and you need someone to blame. But I believe everyone feels terrible for you and your school. Losing someone that young should not happen.

I got Chantilly over Oakton. This could almost be a repeat for the Cougars of last year. 31-21 'Tilly.

Centreville needs to bounce back, and this one is almost a guarranteed win, but this year, there is no such thing as a guarranteed win for the CardiacCats. Either way, 24-7 CVille over McLean.

Robinson and Lake Braddock will be interesting. Ground and pound vs. the spread attack. Robinson is on a roll and Joe Wilson should be hard to stop as ever. Caleb Henderson will get his 250 yds and probably 2 or 3 tds, but Robinson pulls it out, 28-24.

Westfield and West Potomac will be the best of the night. The Bulldogs pulled out a huge win over their rivals, and may face a letdown. This team is much more beatable this year, and I think it comes down to a late run by Pierson-El. West-Po 27, Westfield 24.

Herndon and W&L. Not even a contest. W&L is somewhat good this year and Herndon is still just Herndon. 38-3 Washington and Lee.

Posted by: around the bend ()
Date: October 09, 2012 04:50PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/post/fairfax-transfer-nick-scott-wanted-the-right-fit-not-just-a-football-fit/2012/09/05/e0941f74-f771-11e1-8b93-c4f4ab1c8d13_blog.html

Is this Nick Scott kid the real deal? Haven't seen him play all year.

Who is the offensive coordinator at Fairfax? Looking at scores in the paper, those guys have scored some points this year.

Posted by: BulldogsRock ()
Date: October 09, 2012 05:14PM

Being a Bulldog fan, I worry about a letdown this week as well as looking ahead to next week (Oakton). They are in a grueling stretch. However, their coaches always seem to have them ready to play, so I expect another close one. Hope they pull it out. The good thing is they can run and pass, so while the run sets up the pass best, you cant always comletely shut them down.

I think Chantilly edges Oakton and C'Ville wins pretty easily.

I dont konw how Lake Braddock's defense stops Wilson.

Posted by: Bulldog 1 ()
Date: October 10, 2012 01:54PM

He played against us for the 1st half but didn't do much I think he was hurt. Didn't see him in the 2nd half. They only manages a field goal. The teams they score points against are Mclean,Annnadale,south Lakes so wouldn't put too much stock in the O

Posted by: Reality Sets In at SC ()
Date: October 11, 2012 08:41PM

Nice to see good old Gerry Panonni destroying a Football program again! So far 1-5 at South County. Nice Job.

Posted by: Stallion Fan ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:16PM

Reality Sets In at SC Wrote:
> Nice to see good old Gerry Panonni destroying a
> Football program again! So far 1-5 at South
> County. Nice Job.

He took them to states, something Bendorf could never do and they were never projected to. Panonni is a class act, layoff and look at the teams they've been playing.

Posted by: stallion fan? ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:53PM

Lee, fast start, then toilet
Woodson fast start then toilet
Centreville fast start then toilet
South County fast start than toilet

If you are comparing Pannoni to Bendorf and choosing pannoni then he truly has found the proper home. Enjoy never being good again.

South County went to states behind Adam Neff and the holdovers from the old regime as they had been trained to compete in Division 6 and dropped down to Division 5 and now they are gone it's back to the pannoni year 2 phenomenon.

Posted by: TBONE ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:41AM

Not having been on Fairfax Underground for a few months, I thought I'd check in on HS Football - last year I observed the arguments ove the Robinson and South County Coaches - the most interesting one I think was how Coach Pannoni often has early success then his program disintegrates over the next couple of years until he is fired or quits. The time schedule seems sped up this year at South County. Since I don't follow the schools closely, did he graduate his entire team after his first year great run? What is happening at South County?

Posted by: NoVafan ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:27AM

Booster Wrote:
> It's the parents fault that the play calling is
> unimaginative?! It's the parents fault that the
> head coach has no game mngmt skills? It's the
> parents fault that the head coach has no fire in
> his belly? It's the parents fault that the d
> coordinator from Madison who nobody else wanted is
> the WTW d coordinator? It's the parents fault that
> whenever coach D does get fired he will NEVER be a
> head coach ever again? It's the parents fault that
> a lot of assistants ran away from the program last
> year? It's the parents fault that the coaching
> staff helps other teams score last second field
> goals before halftime? It's the parents fault that
> WTW is in the middle of a 2-12 stretch that will
> probably end up 2-18 or 3-17 at best? It's the
> parents fault that these last 2 yrs are the worst
> 2 yrs at WTW football in 20 yrs?
>
> You can blame parents for a lot, but be a man and
> admit that you and your staff are not cutout for
> the job and move on. Bring Coach Gull back and
> watch this program get on track again. By that I
> mean watch them at least win 3 or 4 for Christ
> sake.

How hard is this for you to understand! YOUR KID SUCKS!!!! You see it every Friday night. The other team dominates your suck ass kids. It doesn't matter what plays are called or defense is employed, your kids cannot man up against better athletes with more heart.

Heres an idea! transfer to another school and see how bad your kid is when he cannot get on the field. Then you can complain about that Coach and how he is not playing the right kids! In the meantime, OPEN YOUR EYES and admit that your kid sucks. Quit blaming everyone else except where the blame needs to be placed.... ON YOUR KID

Posted by: GridIron1 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:06PM

Stallion Fan Wrote:
> Reality Sets In at SC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice to see good old Gerry Panonni destroying a
> > Football program again! So far 1-5 at South
> > County. Nice Job.
>
>
> He took them to states, something Bendorf could
> never do and they were never projected to.
> Panonni is a class act, layoff and look at the
> teams they've been playing.

Sequence of events:
1) 2010: SoCo goes 4-6 in D6
2) 2011: Soco moves to D5 and opens by getting shutout by D5 Hayfield, 7-0. SoCo loses 2 more to go 0-3 and then suddenly wins 11 in a row.
3) June: 2012: SoCo's ex-assistant coach gets arrested for 'roid distribution. School issues a memo to parents stating that the defendant had not worked at the school since 2010.
4) 2012: SoCo loses to D5 Hayfield again, and is now 1-5 playing a tough sched.

Posted by: FootballSEC1 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 10:49PM

GridIron1 Wrote:
> Stallion Fan Wrote:
> -----
> > Reality Sets In at SC Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Nice to see good old Gerry Panonni destroying
> a
> > > Football program again! So far 1-5 at South
> > > County. Nice Job.
> >
> >
> > He took them to states, something Bendorf could
> > never do and they were never projected to.
> > Panonni is a class act, layoff and look at the
> > teams they've been playing.
>
>
> Sequence of events:
> 1) 2010: SoCo goes 4-6 in D6
> 2) 2011: Soco moves to D5 and opens by getting
> shutout by D5 Hayfield, 7-0. SoCo loses 2 more to
> go 0-3 and then suddenly wins 11 in a row.
> 3) June: 2012: SoCo's ex-assistant coach gets
> arrested for 'roid distribution. School issues a
> memo to parents stating that the defendant had not
> worked at the school since 2010.
> 4) 2012: SoCo loses to D5 Hayfield again, and is
> now 1-5 playing a tough sched.

Was just looking at SoCo's sched. It's tough for a D5. I wouldn't read too much into the ex-coach getting arrested for steriods. Steriods are everywhere and you don't know who is using/who isn't using.

Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:30PM

Looks like Oakton got exposed tonight. Anyone go the game that could provide some info?

Posted by: WHS ()
Date: October 13, 2012 01:02AM

WOW!!!!! 49-0 westfield, holy crap!

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: October 13, 2012 01:13AM

38-35 Madison over South Lakes. The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. The South Lakes QB apparently doesn't know how to read coverage.

Posted by: YourCrazy ()
Date: October 13, 2012 01:18AM

Dude... Madison scored with 17 seconds left... That was as close as your gonna get! Kudos to both teams for an awesome game! I enjoyed it. My buddy told me this was suppose to be a blow out for Madison.

Date: October 13, 2012 09:48AM

Annandale 7 @ Woodson 14 Dishun has strung together 4 great game plans and WTW has now won 2 in a row!

Centreville 21 @ McLean 3

Chantilly 42 @ Oakton 21 Huge win for the Chargers. Chantilly will likely jump to the #2 seed in D6 Northern Region based on power points and they've shown they can contend with Westfield.

Fairfax 28 @ TJ 6

Falls Church 41 @ Wakefield 6

Hayfield 20 @ Mount Vernon 7

Langley 14 @ Yorktown 24

Robinson 7 @ Lake Braddock 32 *Great game for the Bruins. Didn't think Lake Braddock's defense could step up. Robinson is a very up and down team though.

Stone Bridge 63 @ Marshall 6

Stuart 7 @ Edison 55 Major let down year for Stuart.

Westfield 49 @ West Potomac 0 *Dominating victory for the Bulldogs. West Po is a very good team. Watch out next week Oakton. The Concorde is on a whole different level.

Posted by: Cav #1 ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:48AM

The cavs have won 2 in a row!!! Forget for a minute that both wins this year are agsinst the same two bum squads that we beat last yr. At yrs end the record will be 2-8 most likely. Same record as last yr. that is 4-16 in 2 yrs combined. I think it's time that coach Bianchi steps down and goes back to teaching 5th graders. Coach D should go back to LB and coach D again... WTW admin would be best served by hiring a coach that will make kids want to enjoy football. These guys currently have cut the program in half from where it was 3 yrs ago. Bring back Coach Gull or Coach Cross or Coach Howels! A coach that we actually enjoyed playing for!!! Otherwise WTW will win another 2 games next yr and we'll still be having the same discussion. Coach B should leave hs coaching and never come back. Coach D should stick to assistant jobs. The rest if our staff is okay.

Date: October 13, 2012 09:50AM

Your argument is flawed Cavs. You beat two bum teams on par with your bum team. So 4-0 in winnable games against similar competiton. Coaches are doing a fine job, the talent sucks. Good for the program as a whole though!

Posted by: ex cavs coach ()
Date: October 13, 2012 10:03AM

Any anti-woodson football post that has coach Howells name in it is written by Howells himself. He is an ex woodson football coach that loves promoting himself. He is a football coach, that doesn't know football.

Posted by: concordefootballfan ()
Date: October 13, 2012 11:08AM

Oakton had 5 turnovers on offense, 1 INT for a TD. Game was closer than the score. But still Oakton looked sloppy. Chantilly is a good team. They should have beat Westfield last week and they beat Oakton now. Concorde is still wide open. Oakton plays Westfield this week - if Oakton can control the turnover issues, it could be a good game.

Date: October 13, 2012 03:54PM

Herndon did it!!! They won a game!!! 20-6 over Wash-Lee!

Posted by: ConcordeRox ()
Date: October 13, 2012 04:15PM

Westfield completely dominated West Potomac last night. I am not sure if they were totally overrated or just had a bad night. Pierson-El was ok, but not outstanding at all. Westfield physically abused them.

Just goes to show, the games in the Concorde are battles, you get outside of the district and most everyone pales in comparison.

And Madison cannot be that good if they beat South Lakes by 3. No wonder Stone Bridge just walks away with that District every year, there is not one team that can give them a legit game.

Posted by: HS Football ()
Date: October 13, 2012 04:48PM

Westfield is a dominant team. No surprise about the ass whoopin they delivered to West Pot. Westfield has superior talent and superior coaching. Community football begins from youth league and runs right on up to HS. Westfield has all their ducks in a row. West Pot is a one trick pony show this year with one very talented player.

Posted by: FootballSEC1 ()
Date: October 13, 2012 05:18PM

ConcordeRox Wrote:
> Westfield completely dominated West Potomac last
> night. I am not sure if they were totally
> overrated or just had a bad night. Pierson-El was
> ok, but not outstanding at all. Westfield
> physically abused them.
>
> Just goes to show, the games in the Concorde are
> battles, you get outside of the district and most
> everyone pales in comparison.
>
> And Madison cannot be that good if they beat South
> Lakes by 3. No wonder Stone Bridge just walks
> away with that District every year, there is not
> one team that can give them a legit game.

Agree, that was a crazy game last night. W'field dictated to WestPo the whole time. That team has come a long way from the one I saw get waxed by DeMatha 52-6 in a scrimmage in Aug. If the D keeps playing like that, they will be tough to beat.

Posted by: Frank the Tank ()
Date: October 13, 2012 05:50PM

Steve, your logic is way off. Are you saying that WTW has only played 4 bad teams in 2 years?!?! Have you seen Lee play recently?! They are awful. WTW handed Lee a victory because the brainiac Woodson coaches handed Lee a victory.Lets stop making excuses for the coaching staff. 4 games in 2 yrs in unaccaptable. Bianchi is a bum and needs to go. Did you see how MAdison improved when he left? I know for a fact that many in that program blamed Bianchi for some of the nonsense that went on over there. As for Dishun - he's just a guy. The school custodian knows more football than he does. Seriously. Stop talking like you know these people. Talk to other coaches in the region (if you know any) and they will all tell you that the WTW staff is a joke. Sure the kids are awful as well, but they wont get any better with a coaching staff like that around. IF you doubt me - lets see how many more head coaching jobs Dishun ever gets after WTW cans him. Lets see how many schools offer head coaching jobs to Bianchi when WTW lets him go. The answer will be none for both of them. End of story.

Posted by: Cav Parent ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:00PM

Any post on here that puts down Coach Howells is coming from Coach Bianchi. Coach Bianchi and the other WTW coaches hate that their players wish Coach Howells was still around. Pathetic. Coach Howells should still be on that staff, but he ran for his life because WTW is Disfunction Junction. Every coach with any potential runs for his life away from WTW. Look at all of the good coaches who ran to Robinson. I think Coach Howells is coaching at Chantilly now. The guys like Bianchi and Dishun are only at WTW because they'll never be given head coaching jobs any where else. I refer to both of them because even though Dishun is the head coach on paper, Bianchi walks around like he's the boss. Meanwhile, the truth is both of them have about as much leadership as a dead moth.

Posted by: again? ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:13PM

Last two posts, done by same dude! Read previous post and you will know who it is.

Posted by: again? ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:18PM

One more thing - I admit it, I'm Coach Bianchi.

Posted by: Done Talking Woodson ()
Date: October 13, 2012 10:13PM

First, there is no Coach Howells at Chantilly.

Second, Lee was 7-5 and a region semi-finalist last year! Then 3-3 this year. Woodson is no where near that talent level.

Third, I can not believe we are talking about Woodson football still.

All this naming of past assistant coaches is pathetic. I venture to say Coach Howells is on here posting, because who talks about an assistant that left the program after a 3 win season (before Dushun got there) and then a 2 win season (which this year's team has already matched)? The past coaches were bad.

Whether Dishun stays or not, the program would bring in someone new. Not someone who was part of the losing program. Then this hate for Bianchi is ridiculous too, I've never seen assistants criticized so much. Leave the guy alone and you try coaching that defense.

Woodson is winning at the freshmen and jv levels this year. The system is working. I could care less what they do, but as a bystander I see a lot of signs that the program is going in the right direction. Every coach deserves 3 years if they are running a respectable program which he is, but if Woodson cans him so be it.

I just cannot stand moronic parents (1 or 2 of them on this site) that bash programs and coaches putting so much time into their jobs for a small stipend. It's a lot more important for coaches to be developing men, then it is for wins/losses. From what I've heard Dishun does that, and I know Bianchi does (no the man from way back I admit).

Posted by: Enuff already! ()
Date: October 13, 2012 11:34PM

WTW sux, Dishun sux, Bianchi sux, Howell sux, and so does everything else about that program. That place blows. Anyone who defends that program or their inept coaching on this stupid site is obviously one of the coaches. Get a life fellas. Go and gameplan instead of farting around on this site talking shit. Maybe that way you can beat a school other than Annandale or TC for once. Get a life.

Posted by: joey ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:09AM

Don't knock beating TC! West Springfield would love to trade places!

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:45AM

I think that Fairfax is looking pretty good this year. They will give Madison a good game. Also Stone Bridge will have some trouble against them for sure if they keep looking sharp. Too bad that they're changing districts next year.

Date: October 14, 2012 11:00AM

Stone Bridge will not have trouble against Fairfax or Madison. They have the Liberty District so outmatched it's not even funny. They've lost one district game in 10 years.

Stone Bridge
Madison
Langley (SB beat 27-0)
Fairfax

This is the pecking order for the Liberty. No one is capable of scoring 2 TD's on SB. If Chantilly and Robinson couldn't compete, no way a Liberty team competes.

Posted by: ConcordeRox ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:14PM

Stonebridge will absolutely destroy both Fairfax and Madison. Won't be close.

I suggest those posting the nonsense on WTW start their own string under another heading. It's exhausting reading the whining that goes on about the program and coaches.

Posted by: Regis ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:26PM

I believe Stone Bridge will remain in the Liberty district next year. The changes coming out of the VHSL affect playoffs only.

Posted by: you're wrong ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:40PM

Regis Wrote:
> I believe Stone Bridge will remain in the Liberty
> district next year. The changes coming out of the
> VHSL affect playoffs only.

The districts are being dismantled next year and ALL schools in VA are being put into conferences based on their school size and proximity. Stone Bridge will be placed into a conference with schools such as Briar Woods and Broad Run.

Posted by: No You are wrong ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:16PM

No, you are wrong. This is explained in detail on the VHSL website.

The districts are unchanged and the team with the best district record will still be the district champion BUT it will have NO effect on the playoffs. Conferences only have to do with playoff seeding and are set entirely by the student population across the state (used to be done by region) - as a result, many NR D5 teams will become D6 in the new system.

There are 2 D6 conferences, each with 32 teams, all the NR D6 teams are in the 6A North. 16 teams will advance to the playoffs in both the 6A North and 6A South. Seeding will be based entirely on power points with 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15 etc. As of right now it is undecided what to do once two teams are left in 6A North and 6A South. The choices are 1) Reseed and have 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs 3 or 2) Allow a "regional" championship of the two remaining teams in the North and South who would then play for the state title.

As far as 5A North and South goes it is the same. The NR teams that will be in 5A North are: TJ, Marshall, Edison, Falls Church, Mt. Vernon, Stuart, Wakefield, Lee and Stone Bridge (by one student).

Note: Although the conferences apply to all sports the above are the playoff rules for football, every sport has its own rules on how it deals with district champs/playoffs.

Note that Phoebus is now 4A and will probably be the state champion for the next 10 years or until they change the system again.

Posted by: Glenn ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:57PM

Madison is starting freshman QB for game against Fairfax for next friday. I believe he must be very good!

Posted by: pride ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:55PM

fairfax all day. no question. better players, better coaches.

Posted by: no you are wrong wrong ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:58PM

Please do your reading/research first. Here is the final approved listing of schools and their conferences that begin NEXT YEAR. Please make sure you look at 5A North conference 14 that has Stone Bridge listed in the same conference as Briar Woods and Broad Run like I stated above. Not sure what you thought I posted was wrong. There is no more Concorde/National/Patriot/Liberty districts anymore and they are called conferences. They teams are lumped together by school population size and proximity to each other. Last I checked Stone Bridge wasn't in the same conference as Briar Woods or Broad Run. And if you look at Conference 6 it has Langley, Mclean, Madison in with Hayfield, Yorktown and Yorktown. I guess somewhere in your mind you had them all in the same district at some point when those teams were clearly in the Liberty and National districts. I love calling out dumbasses, but I will give you credit on your playoff scenario as that is correct. Schools may move conferences depending on if population grows or not.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/Item%2030-final-recommended-conferences-alignment-plan-for-2013-14-and-2014-151.pdf

Posted by: Not the DumbAss ()
Date: October 15, 2012 06:45AM

Congrats on finding the listing of the new conferences. Now try reading the minutes of the committee meetings. In the February meeting it was voted 10-2 to "maintain the current districts for regular season play." Further they voted 11-0 to "use the following terms for the new six-classification proposal:

Six Classes
Districts maintained as they currently exist
Conference (conference champions are first competitive playoff level – no conference for football)
Regions (region champions most recently identified as sectionals)
State (state champions)"

You are wrong that the districts are gone they voted to maintain the districts "as they currently exist." so Concorde, Liberty etc. remain.

You are right the Stonbridge is in a new conference, but that has nothing to do with football since there is "no conference for football" and regardlesss conferences are ONLY for post season play.

Finaly in the April minutes concering the new power point system they voted 10-1-1 to "to approve the rating scale below (thus overturning the scale approved at the February 14 meeting) awarding two (2) bonus points per classification for in-district games to higher classification teams playinglower classification teams and one (1) bonus point per classification for out-of-district games playing lower classification teams."

Please note the term IN-DISTRICT and OUT-OF-DISTRICT. So when 6A North SOCO beats 5A North Lee in a IN-DISTRICT game they will get a 26 points (24 plus 2 bonus points which is what a win against a 6A team is worth) as if Lee were a 6A team because SOCO has to play Lee because they are in their DISTRICT. Further note that they play “down” in an OUT-OF-DISTRICT game they only get 1 bonus point. This may not be obvios to you but you can't have in-district games if there are no districts.

So since you love calling out dumbasses I look forward to your next post to yourself.

Next time read everything on the subject - not just the things that supports your postion.

Posted by: NRFan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:19AM

Wow, with all this conference talk and references to meeting minutes, etc., I am starting to miss the WTW posts whining about their coaches. Or maybe we could go back to the multiple posts about the Henderson's?

Posted by: show me yours ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:48AM

I would be happy to explain it to you if you provided me a link of where the writing says that they will keep districts as before. This is not just for playoffs, but for the whole year in all sports. Certain sports playoffs have to be modified until more participation in the sport occurs (ex: lacrosse), but the playoffs system you have is correct. You do not need to explain the playoffs power point scoring system as I am well aware of it and agree with you there, but the district alignment is what we are arguing about. Show me your facts because I can not find this writing and have read heavily into it.

Posted by: You're Still a DumbAss ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:15AM

You mean show you what you failed to read when you made incorrect assertions about how the new system works - I quoted them directly above but here you go:

All documents reference the new system (I have studied them all):

http://www.vhsl.org/classification.alignment-2013-15

February Meeting Minutes:

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/Item%203-rr-committee-minutes-2-2-12.pdf

April Meeting Minutes (explanation for bonus power points for IN DISTRICT games):

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/Item%2012-%20football-rating-system-minutes-April%2017-2012.pdf

There is a nice PowerPoint presentation that even you could understand at:

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/Item%208-powerpoint-classification-proposal5.pdf

In your own words "Please do your reading/research first." So will you now admit that you are the dumbass?

Posted by: yet again ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:49AM

You don't seem to understand that I agree with you on all playoff points and how that system works. So you are telling me that the districts are going to remain intact, those teams shall play each other every year as they do now, then be lumped into a playoff system within their newly designed conferences against teams they haven't played before instead of district playoffs, but they are ranked in the conference based on their powerpoint system from their district play, then go on to regionals and states as usual under the new system. No where did I see in reading in the past and now that the districts "will remain intact." Show me those words.

ps - your breath stinks

Posted by: A Jackass Too ()
Date: October 15, 2012 11:45AM

I give up; you just keep believing what you want to believe. In my first post, I included direct quotes from the minutes that showed that districts would remain intact such as:

"maintain the current districts for regular season play." And “Districts maintained as they currently exist”

What do you think the phrase “maintain the CURRENT districts for regular season play” means?

That wasn’t good enough for you so you asked for the links – which I provided. If you had taken the trouble to look at the links you would see where I pulled the information about districts being UNCHANGED.

If you had looked at the PowerPoint link, you would have seen a specific example on page 16 that states:

"- They play 20 regular season games" (obviously not a football or NR example)
"- 14 are in their district"
"- SAME AS TODAY"

What do you think the phrase "SAME AS TODAY" means?

You have clearly proven that you are not only a dumb ass, but a jackass too! This will be my last post on the subject - you obviously can’t read or comprehend basic English.

Posted by: Last Post Really ()
Date: October 15, 2012 12:08PM

I made a mistake in my last post - when I said the example in the PPT file could not be from the NR - if you are in a 8 team District (Liberty, Patriot and National), and play each District opponent twice then you would have a total of 14 District games. I am not really familiar with what the other sports do, but a quick look at one of the NR school websites showed that in at least basketball and baseball they play each district opponent twice.

Now this is really my last post - I will leave it to others to decide which one of us has the facts straight.

Date: October 15, 2012 12:22PM

Glenn Wrote:
> Madison is starting freshman QB for game against
> Fairfax for next friday. I believe he must be very
> good!

Madison barely beat South Lakes...we actually lost that game. They scored with under 50 seconds left on the clock... 38-35 I believe was the final. Fairfax will torch them.

Posted by: SL parent ()
Date: October 15, 2012 01:53PM

Ahmayzin Wrote:
> Glenn Wrote:
> -----
> > Madison is starting freshman QB for game
> against
> > Fairfax for next friday. I believe he must be
> very
> > good!
>
>
> Madison barely beat South Lakes...we actually lost
> that game. They scored with under 50 seconds
> left on the clock... 38-35 I believe was the
> final. Fairfax will torch them.

Madison is a pretty decent and well coached team but they don't have much speed, and therefore have trouble defending against teams with speed. If Fairfax has speed at the skill positions they should match up well against them.

Posted by: Dude1 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 03:20PM

I believe soon you will see a move to delay the whole change by a year. I dont believe they will scrap the change but push it back a year so all can figure out how to reorganize everything that is effected by the change. If they dont push it back then you may see a large group of VHSL schools threaten to leave VHSL

Posted by: NRFan ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:32AM

Any predictions for this weekend?

Centreville/Chantilly
Oakton/Westfield
Madison/Fairfax

Any opinions on All District players in the Patriot and Concorde at the skill positions?

Posted by: TeamSpeed ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:33AM

Madison has plenty of speed.

#13, #81, and #1 are pretty fast and athletic.We have a really quick defense too.

We will beat Fairfax... Don't base this game off of how we played South Lakes.

South Lakes played a a near perfect game.

Posted by: forreal ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:16PM

fairfax has perhaps the best player in the region, and a coaching staff that knows how to use him.

madison is small, slow and unathletic.

offense-fairfax
defense-fairfax
QB-toss up
Coaching-fairfax
special teams-fairfax.

Posted by: VHSL Watcher ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:34PM

Dude1 Wrote:
> I believe soon you will see a move to delay the
> whole change by a year. I dont believe they will
> scrap the change but push it back a year so all
> can figure out how to reorganize everything that
> is effected by the change. If they dont push it
> back then you may see a large group of VHSL
> schools threaten to leave VHSL

It's a done deal!

VHSL tweet: "Vote to overturn 6 Classification legislation 110 in favor, 189 opposed. Motion fails."

Group AAA had voted 78-40 against the new system earlier.

Posted by: GridIron1 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 06:59PM

forreal Wrote:
> fairfax has perhaps the best player in the region,
> and a coaching staff that knows how to use him.
>
> madison is small, slow and unathletic.
>
>
> offense-fairfax
> defense-fairfax
> QB-toss up
> Coaching-fairfax
> special teams-fairfax.

Yes, am not sure what to make of Madison's D. They played well vs teams like McLean and Langley, but struggled last week vs. S. Lakes. Fairfax coaches will take note but there's still that 13-7 home loss Washington Lee pinned on Fairfax. Can't wait to see this one.

Posted by: HEHE LOVE IT ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:37PM

Fairfax is probably the most optimistic bunch I've ever heard. They haven't beaten a good team since Robinson 2 years ago and even that was through the air. Beating up on the Liberty (but losing to Westfield badly) and then getting demolished in the first round of the playoffs it is again.

Date: October 16, 2012 08:39PM

Fairfax vs. Madison.....YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout some chatter about the heavyweight bouts in the Concorde this week:

Centreville vs. Chantilly
Oakton vs. Westfield

Posted by: Whatever1650 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:48PM

Centreville will get their butts kicked. QB for them is really bad.

Posted by: Whatever1659 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:58PM

C'ville has plenty of talent that sit the bench under the current coaching staff.

Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 4 of 10

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.