HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: High School Football
Posted by: ConcordeFan ()
Date: October 24, 2012 06:57AM

I ams sure none of the people posting on this forum drank beer in High School! Now that we have the teenage indescretion portion of forum over, lets talk some football!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Open the garage door ()
Date: October 24, 2012 07:28AM

Garage hopping is the coolest! That was so fun in high school...until you get caught. Still no better way to get your [free] booze than from the stocked fridges of unassuming suburbanites.

Posted by: odd ()
Date: October 24, 2012 08:55AM

what's so great about drinking anyway?

Posted by: The RealerTruth ()
Date: October 24, 2012 09:21AM

Real truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Oakton player was suspended. He was suspended
> by the team for being in the situation. When he
> was questioned at centreville he blew a 0.00 and
> had no drugs or alcohol on his person. The admin
> and SRO reported that to Oakton, so the player was
> put back on the team. The centreville player was
> drunk and had weed on him. He should have been
> expelled, however his mom is Bill Curan's
> secretary. That is why he was back on the team in
> the playoffs. He only missed two games.
>
> The Chantilly players were caught a stealing beer
> out of people's garages right before the season
> started. There was no punishment or suspension
> from the team.

Almost got it right, except the Oakton kid, who is still playing this year, was hammered and did blow a high number and the Oakton admins suspended him for 1 game. The Cville kids had no drugs and served the FCPS standard suspension. Of course this old news, from last year. The current news is the Chantilly kids stealing and getting caught and NOTHING being done about it. So if your keeping score at home:

Oakton & Chantilly administrations are Cheaters. Centreville admin Compliant

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 24, 2012 09:28AM

Let's get back to football! Here is the spread for this week's games.

Centreville @ Westfield (-17.0)
Hayfield (-14.0) @ Falls Church
Herndon @ Chantilly (-35.0)
Jefferson @ McLean (-6.0)
Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Woodson
Langley (-7.5) @ Fairfax
Marshall @ South Lakes (-42.0)
Mount Vernon @ Yorktown (-28.0)
Robinson @ Oakton (-3.0)
South County (-14.0) @ Annandale
Stone Bridge (-21.0) @ Madison
TC Williams (-6.5) @ Lee
Wakefield @ Edison (-30.0)
Washington Lee (-7.0) @ Stuart
West Potomac (-9.5) @ West Springfield

Centreville-Westfield is essentially the Concorde District Championship game. May be a good game, but I see Westfield winning fairly easily. If Centreville loses and then loses to Oakton next week (which is very possible), they can fall as far as 5th place in the district to finish the season.

Robinson-Oakton is a big game for obtaining a home playoff game. This is probably the closest matchup of the week if the good Robinson shows up.

South County after starting 1-5 looks on pace to make the playoffs again. With power points and lots of tough D6 competition under their belt, this is a dangerous low seed come playoff time. Pannoni is doing it again, watch out.

Stone Bridge-Madison is the Liberty District Championship game. Both come in undefeated in district, but no one thinks Madison has a shot, right? I like Stone Bridge by atleast 3 touchdowns and that might be a little generous. Here is hoping Madison proves me wrong, but Stone Bridge being in the Liberty District is no fun.

Posted by: NOVADUDE? ()
Date: October 24, 2012 11:36AM

Who keeps beer in their garage? Archie Bunker?

Posted by: Beer in Garage ()
Date: October 24, 2012 11:44AM

Ok, so my brother doesn't live in Fairfax, but this story did crack me up.

He lives in Raleigh, near the TPC golf course. Nice neighborhood.

Wakes up Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago, and finds that his fridge in the garage has been raided. He and his wife drink it up pretty good, always have friends over, etc. Figures they took couple, three cases of Miller Lite, but also swiped his warm cases of Guinness and Fat Tire.

It gets worse, or better... His garage floor has been spray painted. Crude drawings of big cocks all over his floor.

They also write on the floor, " Hey dumbass, next time don't leave your car unlocked with the opener inside."

They also wrote all over the place " Niggers", "stupid niggers", " Go home niggers."

He and his wife are as white as snow. He was mad. All I could do was laugh.

Posted by: buffalo springfield ()
Date: October 24, 2012 12:52PM

For what it's worth, I don't think WF is a sure fire bet to win the NR title this year. They are good and well coached, but this is not last year's team. As several observers have noted, their defense is not invincible, and they can definitely be run on. Oakton had over 200 yards of rushing in the first half alone against them, and we all know what Joe Wilson of Robinson did against them.

Unlike last year, when CVille and WF were head and shoulders above everyone else, and as the No 1 and 2 seeds, they met in the finals, we should not be surprised if any combination of Concorde teams and perhaps LB make the finals. None of these teams are scared of each other, and with a bad call here, a key injury there, a critical turnover here, who knows what will happen.

It will make for an exciting playoffs season!

Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: October 24, 2012 04:11PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Let's get back to football! Here is the spread
> for this week's games.
>
> Centreville @ Westfield (-17.0)
> Herndon @ Chantilly (-35.0)
> Robinson @ Oakton (-3.0)

Westfield will win, but I don't see them covering the spread.

No chance for Tilly to cover. They've essentially quit, and Herndon's getting better. Tilly by like 21.

Joe Wilson's gonna come to play. I see Robinson winning in a very close one.

Posted by: bulldawg ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:45PM

Full disclosure, Major Westfied fan here. I agree with Buffalo Springfield here....I think among the few good teams at the top of the Concorde and D6, anyone can win. I include Westfield, Centreville, Oakton, Chantilly, Lake Braddock in that mix. There are no nights off in the Concorde (and before someone says what about Herndon, I remember a a couple of years ago when a good Westfield team went to Herndon and got beat........You dont think Brian Day would love to put a loss on that Westfield staff?)

And, who wants to play Robinson/Joe Wilson in the playoffs? Not me, once is enough! Westfield waxed Lake Braddock, but it appears they are getting it together.

Westfield will have revenge on their mind and will want to win at home. As with last year, the most important thing is that you win the second game, not the first!

Should be exciting.

Date: October 24, 2012 06:24PM

I agree with most of these points, Herndon is a give me though. Back when Herndon beat Westfield at their homecoming, they were competitive, I think that was a 5 win season for them. The last two years they've been so over matched.

Then to the poster above who said Chantilly has quit. How can you conclude that after 3 bad quarters? They played absolutely terrible, but that doesn't mean they've quit on the season. They took Westfield to the wire, then crushed Oakton the two previous weeks.

Also to the poster above, you say Herndon is getting better and Chantilly won't cover the spread. Their last two district games Herndon lost to Robinson 52-0, and Oakton 55-7, and this was in the last 3 weeks. How are they getting better? They're actually getting worse. Whether or not Chantilly wins by 35 it should be a very comfortable game for them.

Then I agree with bulldawg, it can be anyone in the Concorde or Lake Braddock to take the region this year.

Posted by: mr. sportsmanship ()
Date: October 24, 2012 07:02PM

im putting braddock on upset alert against woodson. got woodson squeaking out a big win to propel them into the playoffs

Posted by: ACETRAPSTARZ ()
Date: October 24, 2012 07:45PM

Westfield is the best team in the region and they will be great years to come due to their youth. Hell they have 6 starting sophomores and a bunch of juniors. Mistakes will be made due to their inexperience, but considering how far they have come this season...better watch out for the bulldogs

Posted by: Herndon Fan ()
Date: October 24, 2012 09:59PM

Herndon is getting blown out because the majority of the team is playing on JV and varsity. A lot of their starters have played a 16 game season already. How is that safe?

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 24, 2012 10:29PM

Herndon lists 71 players on their roster. Why are they doubling up?

Posted by: reggie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:01AM

all kids get to play 40 quarters (pre playoffs) combined between varsity and JV.
I'm sure the Herndon staff is monitoring this. If a kid didn't play JV in the beginning of season a good plan is to then play them in certain quarters to maximize their development.

All the people moaning on here haven't a clue how to develop a team.

Between the staff and the Ath. Director Herndon knows the rules.

Posted by: Hey Bulldawg ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:39AM

Wow, lots of anger in this email. Stone Bridge is a legit team. They beat Westfield fair and square the two times they played....17-14 and 7-3. Both Westfield teams were far from their best, but SB won the games. Westfield would likely have beaten SB last year....this year, not so sure.

Yes Loudoun team fans trashing SB pisses me off but you missed the point - point was Loudoun schools playing down think they can trash SB for playing in the Liberty and not the new powerhouse district soon to be formed in Loudoun and playing and beating Westfield was only an example that beating Westfield gains no respect from the Concorde is great crowd, so winning in d4 gains even less

The point is, if SB were in the Concorde, they would be like every other Concorde team (except Herndon) in that none of those games are easy. Their district is a joke (not their fault), but even the teams like Madison , Fairfax, etc get smoked by a good Concorde team and if you are at the game, the talent, execution and coaching differential is significant.

I disagree with this point my view is while they would not have dominated the Concorde as they have the Liberty they would have won the Concorde in 06, toss up 07, won in 08, 10, maybe 11 but that would have been close simply because the games played would have been year end not beginning of season although as I type 11 may be a stretch and would have won it this year as well - but we will never know and shouldn't because SB is not D6 size - you will disagree but I think SB would have 5 Concorde crowns out of the 8 years they have been AAA But yes the games would be a lot tougher the last 5 weeks of the season

Give props to SB, year in and year out they are excellent, but I dont think their district schedule prepares them well for what they encounter in the States. And I do think they are very very good this year (though I am not sold on their QB).

Agree with the soft schedule prep to a degree = they traditionally get right back to a tough NR championship game, then a tough game first round of states etc, but nothing seems to have them prepared for Phoebus so I'm not sure how playing in the Liberty effects that. Never mentioned their QB and I agree to the point that at times I think he sucks but he seems to be getting more confident and able to actually perform in a game so let's see how that pans out

To another poster Hand is not in the NR he is in the NW so your point of him being better than Allen may well be true the only opportunity I would get to see a NW team play would be to go to a Broad Run game and why would anyone but a Broad Run fan do that if I want to see Hand play I go watch him play real competition.

Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:47AM

Concorde Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
steve k2 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's get back to football! Here is the spread for this week's games.

Robinson @ Oakton (-3.0)

Joe Wilson's gonna come to play. I see Robinson winning in a very close one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with this. I think it will be close but I think Robinson takes this game.

The one way Oakton can run away with this game is on special teams.
Robinson's special teams are terrible other than their kicker.
They're terrible at covering kickoffs and punts and they've had a few punts blocked. They're return man fumbles entirely too much, even when he's not pressed.

If Robinson can keep it clean on special teams, then I think Joe Wilson and their running attack will win it for them in the end.

To beat Robinson, you have to have a passing offense with a good QB. Not that Oakton doesn't have a good QB, he just doesn't compare with the QB's at Stone Bridge, Westfield and Lake Braddock.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: October 25, 2012 05:27PM

InsiderFB Wrote:
>
> Let me guess you are Whatever1650 and now that you
> are no longer part of the team no you are ready to
> turn over on your former teammates you fucking
> pussy. You wonder why you didnt play you fucking
> pussy, nobody had any respect while you were on
> the team, now we all hate your guts you fucking
> RAT. We know who you are and you will pay!

Wow, are you really threatening a kid? You're pathetic dude.

Posted by: FootballSEC1 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 09:13AM

Stick to the sport on this board and stop trying to intimidate people. FB is just a game; we play it, we talk about it, and that's it. Show us you know something about FB instead of calling people names.

Really? Wrote:
> InsiderFB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Let me guess you are Whatever1650 and now that
> you
> > are no longer part of the team no you are ready
> to
> > turn over on your former teammates you fucking
> > pussy. You wonder why you didnt play you
> fucking
> > pussy, nobody had any respect while you were on
> > the team, now we all hate your guts you fucking
> > RAT. We know who you are and you will pay!
>
>
> Wow, are you really threatening a kid? You're
> pathetic dude.

Date: October 26, 2012 10:42PM

> Centreville @ Westfield (-17.0)
Westfield 40, Centreville 21; told you it wouldn't be close. Centreville is a pretender.

> Hayfield (-14.0) @ Falls Church

> Herndon @ Chantilly (-35.0)
Chantilly 42, Herndon 27; considering Herndon scored 0, 7, 0 against the other Concorde teams is bad news for Chantilly's defense. They look like they're done.

> Jefferson @ McLean (-6.0)
> Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Woodson
> Langley (-7.5) @ Fairfax
> Marshall @ South Lakes (-42.0)
> Mount Vernon @ Yorktown (-28.0)
> Robinson @ Oakton (-3.0)
Robinson 28, Oakton 27; missed FG in OT

> South County (-14.0) @ Annandale
> Stone Bridge (-21.0) @ Madison
Stone Bridge 42, Madison 0; who's really suprised?

> TC Williams (-6.5) @ Lee
> Wakefield @ Edison (-30.0)
> Washington Lee (-7.0) @ Stuart
> West Potomac (-9.5) @ West Springfield

Post other scores as they come in.

Posted by: Seahawk Fan ()
Date: October 26, 2012 10:46PM

Marshall 0 @ South Lakes 53

Posted by: Fan ()
Date: October 26, 2012 10:55PM

Heard there was a bench clearing brawl at Edison vs Wakefield game. Any info?

Date: October 26, 2012 11:02PM

Thomas Jefferson 26 @ McLean 16. Big win for the Colonials.

South County 56 @ Annandale 13. Stallions look like they're going back to the playoffs. Very dangerous team to play in the post season.

Mount Vernon 0 @ Yorktown 35

Posted by: for sure ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:05PM

Fan Wrote:
> Heard there was a bench clearing brawl at Edison
> vs Wakefield game. Any info?

Wow if this is true then Parker is gone for sure after this season. Edison has reached lower than before now. Can't produce wins and can't the best attitude from his players. Lewis would have never let it get to that point.

Posted by: Other Scores ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:18PM

Here's an upset: West Potomac 10 @ West Springfield 34

Lake Braddock 28 @ Woodson 14 (Woodson is getting better and playing hard)

Langley 21 @ Fairfax 13 Fairfax underperforms again this year.

TC Williams 47 @ Lee 0 Wow.

Posted by: Witness6996 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:39PM

Parker did a great job controlling his players and keeping the situation under control. Enough with blasting Parker, he has done a good job.

Posted by: KingConcorde ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:46AM

Westfield played horrible and beat Cvile handily.

Date: October 27, 2012 08:57AM

Westfield did not play horrible. What game were you at? They ran the ball at will and put up 40 points. Mullins threw a couple bad passes that were intercepted, but they won the turnover battle 4-2. Westfield jumped out to a 33-7 lead and Centreville got a couple scores against back ups.

Westfield is on another level from Centreville as I was saying this week. If you look at Centreville's scores the only impressive win they have is Chantilly who seems to be unraveling. Centreville is a one and done in this year's playoffs.

Date: October 27, 2012 09:12AM

Here's all but one of the scores.

Centreville @ Westfield (-17.0), Westfield wins 40-21

Hayfield (-14.0) @ Falls Church, Hayfield wins 54-21

Herndon @ Chantilly (-35.0), Chantilly wins 42-27; Tilly didn’t play great but 14 of Herndon’s points at the end when it was 42-13 came against 2nd and 3rd string defenders.

Jefferson @ McLean (-6.0), UPSET: TJ wins 26-16

Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Woodson, Lake Braddock wins 28-14; Woodson is playing good football

Langley (-7.5) @ Fairfax, Langley wins 21-13; spot on with the spread. Fairfax always underperforms, have fun with Stone Bridge next week! They will finish 5-5 where almost every game they have nearly 1000 more kids than their competitors.

Marshall @ South Lakes (-42.0), South Lakes wins 53-0

Mount Vernon @ Yorktown (-28.0), Yorktown wins 35-0

Robinson @ Oakton (-3.0), Robinson wins 28-27, Oakton misses a PAT in OT

South County (-14.0) @ Annandale, South County wins 56-13

Stone Bridge (-21.0) @ Madison, Stone Bridge wins 42-0; now 54-1 in the Liberty District and 8 district championships in as many years.

TC Williams (-6.5) @ Lee, TC Williams wins 47-0

Wakefield @ Edison (-30.0), Edison wins 51-20; killed another spread!

Washington Lee (-7.0) @ Stuart

West Potomac (-9.5) @ West Springfield; UPSET: West Springfield wins 34-10

Posted by: fantasyland ()
Date: October 27, 2012 09:15AM

Witness6996 Wrote:
> Parker did a great job controlling his players and
> keeping the situation under control. Enough with
> blasting Parker, he has done a good job.

Glad to hear players didn't get too out of control, but the fact remains it did get to a point where it shouldn't have been. And as far as Parker doing a good job....please?!?!?! When he came in he basically got rid of all of Lewis' staff and brought in his own guys. When Lewis was there from '97 til his retirement, he brought them roughly 7/8 district championships (tried to research it, but Parker doesn;t keep the football website going anymore), 1 regional title, 4 regional runner-ups, and 1 state runner-up (didn't even mention his accomplishments in his first run at Edison). Parker's resume shows 0 on every single one of those. Please do not even try to say he has done well as his maximum finish in the lowly National district has been no better than 3rd.

Posted by: NRFAN ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:13PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Westfield did not play horrible. What game were
> you at? They ran the ball at will and put up 40
> points. Mullins threw a couple bad passes that
> were intercepted, but they won the turnover battle
> 4-2. Westfield jumped out to a 33-7 lead and
> Centreville got a couple scores against back ups.
>
>
> Westfield is on another level from Centreville as
> I was saying this week. If you look at
> Centreville's scores the only impressive win they
> have is Chantilly who seems to be unraveling.
> Centreville is a one and done in this year's
> playoffs.

Westfield played a pretty good game. All I can say is, if Scott Walter doesn't turn the ball over three times, this one is very much a ballgame. Agree that Westfield is on another level, but they are on another level from everybody, not just Centreville. I believe Centreville has a pretty good chance to get to the region title game if they are on the other side of the bracket than Westfield. I think that they are in the third spot if the playoffs started right now, so that means they wouldn't have to play Westfield until the title game.

Anyone have the full power points?

Posted by: Bulldawg ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:19PM

Here are the power points...
Division 6
Westfield 312 (vs. Herndon 1-8)
Lake Braddock 257 (vs. West Springfield 6-3)
Centreville 254 (vs. Oakton 6-3)
Chantilly 254 (vs. Robinson 5-4)
Robinson 241 (vs. Chantilly 6-3)
West Potomac 240 (vs. T.C. Williams 4-5)
West Springfield 238 (vs. Lake Braddock 7-2)
Oakton 236 (vs. Centreville 6-3)
--------
Fairfax 220 (vs. Stone Bridge 9-0)
Washington-Lee 208 (vs. Yorktown 9-0)
T.C. Williams 203
South Lakes 187
W.T. Woodson 183
Herndon 174
Annandale 164

It is hard to believe that West Potomac has more power points than Oakton. I saw them both play and West Po was awful.

Westfield played well last night, but not their best. The thing with them is they have balance on offense. The passing game was not on last night with C'ville doing alot of blitzing and pressure, but the running game made them pay. Westfield QB also showed he can run too which is another weapon they dont use.....because they dont have to.

Will be interested in outcome of Centreville/Oakton and Chantilly/Robinson next week. AJ Turner is special, and will be a major headache for Concorde opponents the next two years.

Posted by: Bang Bus 69 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:39PM

Parker did a good job keeping his team in order. While Lewis did a good job, he recruited, there is no denying that. Bottom line, Lewis is history and any new coach has the right to bring in a staff he is comfortable with. If you are a true eagle fan, support the team and quit reminiscing. The future is now!

Posted by: XvKLY ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:09PM

> Agree that Westfield is on another level, but they
> are on another level from everybody, not just
> Centreville. I believe Centreville has a pretty
> good chance to get to the region title game if
> they are on the other side of the bracket than
> Westfield. I think that they are in the third spot
> if the playoffs started right now, so that means
> they wouldn't have to play Westfield until the
> title game.
>
> Anyone have the full power points?

Westfield is the favorite, but I wouldn't say they are on another level from everyone. Robinson and Chantilly both lost to them by 3 and Oakton was kind of in the game.

Now last year it was obvious that Westfield and Centreville were on another level from everyone; that's what made both games so great and the region final pretty much a certainty. It would not suprise me though this year to see Westfield go down.

Centreville does not have the passing game to do it, the QB throws to many INTs and misses his receivers frequently. The wideouts had Westfield beat atleast 3 times and a bad throw missed them. Chantilly stayed in the game because they actually had a good mix of pass and run, usually they're exclusively run, but have some speed and a good TE so they can hang. I have not seen Robinson play this year but would imagine they can pass the ball better than CVille, although they have that monster HB.

Now for D6 the 8 playoff teams are set. Fairfax ain't competing with Stone Bridge. Chantilly/Robinson will be for a home playoff game, then Oakton/Centreville will be big too.

Posted by: Northern Region football ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:31PM

XvKLY Wrote:
> > Agree that Westfield is on another level, but
> they
> > are on another level from everybody, not just
> > Centreville. I believe Centreville has a pretty
> > good chance to get to the region title game if
> > they are on the other side of the bracket than
> > Westfield. I think that they are in the third
> spot
> > if the playoffs started right now, so that
> means
> > they wouldn't have to play Westfield until the
> > title game.
> >
> > Anyone have the full power points?
>
>
> Westfield is the favorite, but I wouldn't say they
> are on another level from everyone. Robinson and
> Chantilly both lost to them by 3 and Oakton was
> kind of in the game.
>
> Now last year it was obvious that Westfield and
> Centreville were on another level from everyone;
> that's what made both games so great and the
> region final pretty much a certainty. It would
> not suprise me though this year to see Westfield
> go down.
>
> Centreville does not have the passing game to do
> it, the QB throws to many INTs and misses his
> receivers frequently. The wideouts had Westfield
> beat atleast 3 times and a bad throw missed them.
> Chantilly stayed in the game because they actually
> had a good mix of pass and run, usually they're
> exclusively run, but have some speed and a good TE
> so they can hang. I have not seen Robinson play
> this year but would imagine they can pass the ball
> better than CVille, although they have that
> monster HB.
>
> Now for D6 the 8 playoff teams are set. Fairfax
> ain't competing with Stone Bridge.
> Chantilly/Robinson will be for a home playoff
> game, then Oakton/Centreville will be big too.

The Chantilly game shouldn't count. Wfield D played awful. Robinson can't pass, but they have the best running back in the NR. Oakton vs Cville will be a good one. Agree that Walter throws too many picks, but he had an absolutely terrible game.

If Cville beats oakton, they will have only have the 2 seed if w springfield wins, right?

Posted by: XvKLY ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:41PM

I believe that is correct. But Lake Braddock will more than likely win. With Centreville and Chantilly tied for 3rd if they both win who would get 3rd. The power points have always confused me, Robinson is higher up than Oakton but Oakton has won an extra game. Would Chantilly or Centreville get more power points for their win?

Although the way Chantilly's D is playing, I think Robinson may take them; then I think Oakton is a better team than Centreville and will win.

Date: October 27, 2012 07:11PM

Centreville would get more points for a win because Oakton has more wins than Robinson. Robinson has more power points because they have played a tougher schedule. If Centreville beats Oakton, Oakton is out, whether or not Fairfax beats Stone Bridge. This is because Stone Bridge is undefeated. Theoretically, I think Centreville could fall as far as 6th, but Centreville would have to lose, and everyone below them would have to win... But I might be doing the math wrong. Either way, I'd say the 2 biggest games this week are Centreville vs Oakton and Chantilly vs Robinson. My predictions are Centreville and Robinson to win. Very exciting week ahead.

Posted by: Power points ()
Date: October 27, 2012 08:59PM

I think your math may be off. 1 and 2 are set. The rest will depend on a few key games. Even if Oakton loses they will be the 8 seed. If they win they could jump all the way to 3 or 4. I don't see how fairfax can make it in to the playoffs. They would have to beat stone bridge which is nearly impossible.

Posted by: The man ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:16PM

For those counting at home, Fairfax is the 5th largest school in the state

Posted by: MeekMillyJooqer ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:09PM

Quit hatin' on westfields Defense! It makes me mad how everyone gives centreville some slack because sophomores play in their D but SO DOES WESTFIELD! Have you not noticed how inexperienced this group of kids are and yet they are competing in arguably the toughest district in virginia? If westfield does fall watch out for them next year and the year after that believe it

Posted by: LALakersFan ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:02AM

Agree with previous post. Everyone talks about C'ville youth but westfield has 20 new starters on the field, including plenty of underclassman. You never hear about that. Give props to Westfield as well because they are doing it with a whole new startng lineup.

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:26AM

I agree that both westfield and centreville are doing amazing things with youth this year. When you have such large schools with so many kids it is easy to replenish your lineup year after year. You take your best and play them, you next best get a ton of experience of JV so they can play the following year when you need them. It's like an army when you see some of these teams. It is getting harder for some teams to compete because they have 30 freshman come out to westfield and chantilly's 80 or 90. Some teams have 100 players in the program, not 100 on varsity. A lot of that talent has moved farther out away from the heart of the county to bigger houses and more land, and the minority player that moves in has never seen a football in their life, unless your talking futbol.

Posted by: Cavparent ()
Date: October 28, 2012 09:36AM

So it looks like WTW will have back to back 2 win seasons. That is special. What will it take to get another staff in here? Another 2 win season? This staff plays not to get blown out. Watch a game and you'll see for yourself. Some of the worst called offensive and defensive plays in the region. But i am serious here - how many 2 win seasons will this guy get. I get that some people will say that 2 yrs isn't enough time, which is why in asking this question. Enough is enough. Teach these kids how to play football. Not how to play safe and guarantee a 1 or 2 TD loss agsinst opponents.

Date: October 28, 2012 10:27AM

Usually 3 years is the norm. The team is playing well this second half of the season, whether or not they're playing to keep the game close, which with their talent level is probably the best game plan.

You look at their schedule and 7 of their 10 games were against playoff teams this year. It was a hard schedule and realistically this is a 2-3 win team this year. The scores have also been closer when you compare them to year 1. I personally think enough progress has been shown to warrant a 3rd year which as long as they're not digressing is common.

The 3rd year gives the coach the time necessary to develop players and those that started on freshman and jv under him to come up and contribute. Now the performace will have to be better next year, I can see a 5-5 season possible for them.

Posted by: Westdog 4 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:35AM

"For those counting at home, Fairfax is the 5th largest school in the state"

You gotta feel sorry for Fairfax even with their stud player dropping in their lap they only go 5-5.The same thing happened with Owen Schmitt. I think they had him but had terrible years. They cant have that bad of athletes.Their strenght coach was coach of the year or something, I guess it's the 1960's offense.

Posted by: wtw other parent ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:38AM

So it looks like WTW will have back to back 2 win seasons. That is special. What will it take to get another staff in here? Another 2 win season? This staff plays not to get blown out. Watch a game and you'll see for yourself. Some of the worst called offensive and defensive plays in the region. But i am serious here - how many 2 win seasons will this guy get. I get that some people will say that 2 yrs isn't enough time, which is why in asking this question. Enough is enough. Teach these kids how to play football. Not how to play safe and guarantee a 1 or 2 TD loss agsinst opponents.

And they run the same 1960's Offense. along with McLean. So does Robinson but at least they know how to use their studs.
Maybe WTW and Fairfax should combine programs then they can compete in the Liberty district

Posted by: NRFan ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:26PM

It's not always the offense that dictates success. It is almost always the athletes. Westfield has been running the same offense for years, and you wouldn't call it a modern offense. They may be the only school where the QB takes every snap from under center. In this day and age, its exactly the opposite of everyone else. Good athletes make good teams and then you have to coach 'em up.

Date: October 28, 2012 01:01PM

It's not always the offense that dictates success. It is almost always the athletes. Westfield has been running the same offense for years, and you wouldn't call it a modern offense. They may be the only school where the QB takes every snap from under center. In this day and age, its exactly the opposite of everyone else. Good athletes make good teams and then you have to coach 'em up.

I have to disagree. Westfield runs a zone offense, same as LB and Langley.Formation has little to do with scheme. The wing t is based on blocking angles and quick linement. The zone scheme is based on double teaming the DT and working to the LB. Much differnt concept and much more difficult to teach. It takes coaches with the ability to learn and then teach not just do wtht they did then they played and yell.

Posted by: SlickRicky ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:20PM

Great points! It is amazing for westfield and centreville to not skip a beat after graduating so many seniors. Props to the sophomores skipping JV and playing varsity and keeping up in the concorde. Watch out for these players in the future they are the future of the northen region!

Date: October 28, 2012 05:07PM

To show how youthful and special these teams are, here are the grade counts: Cville has 11 Sophmores and 15 juniors on varsity with 49 total players on varsity. That's only 23 seniors, and about half don't even play. On Wfield, there are 11 Sophmores and 31 juniors on Varsity out of 74 players. That's 32 seniors. Centreville's Freshmen team is undefeated and has won 23 straight games, while Westfield is 5-2 so far. JV doesn't really matter because of how many Sophmores and Juniors are on varsity, but Centreville is 1-5 and Westfield is 5-2. One of Centreville's games was postponed. But this shows just how young and how good both of these teams are. Next year, or the year after, no team at all will ever want to play them. The rivalry should be awesome for a couple of years.

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: October 28, 2012 05:22PM

OMG get off Westfield and Centreville's dick. They're good programs, no one expects them not to be good.

Date: October 28, 2012 05:28PM

Totally agree with the assessments of Westfield here. That team has come a long way since the Dematha scrimmage in Aug. I left near the end when it was something like 52-6. In the last 2 months, the young team has jelled and coaches and players alike deserve a lot of credit.

The same is true of C'Ville. We saw them lose to O.Smith @ UVA last year 47-21 but were impressed with how tough the kids were. It's good to see them back despite graduating so many.

Northern Region football Wrote:
> To show how youthful and special these teams are,
> here are the grade counts: Cville has 11 Sophmores
> and 15 juniors on varsity with 49 total players on
> varsity. That's only 23 seniors, and about half
> don't even play. On Wfield, there are 11 Sophmores
> and 31 juniors on Varsity out of 74 players.
> That's 32 seniors. Centreville's Freshmen team is
> undefeated and has won 23 straight games, while
> Westfield is 5-2 so far. JV doesn't really matter
> because of how many Sophmores and Juniors are on
> varsity, but Centreville is 1-5 and Westfield is
> 5-2. One of Centreville's games was postponed. But
> this shows just how young and how good both of
> these teams are. Next year, or the year after, no
> team at all will ever want to play them. The
> rivalry should be awesome for a couple of years.

Posted by: WTW ()
Date: October 28, 2012 06:13PM

re WTW football... hey, let's all blame the coaches! and let's blame the scheme!

but, the reality is WTW rarely has enough talented athletes to compete weekly in Div 6. Occasionally, WTW has had very good teams in the past when a talented senior class rose up. That is rare. WTW's enrollment size and demographic make-up are not what it typically takes to win consistently in Div 6. This year is typical... they have a dozen seniors. Seven/eight play, and most of those play both ways. They have no game breakers on either side of the ball. They are your basic, solid, 1970s NOVA football team. That does not cut it these days. It's not the coaches fault.

All that said, WTW still brings out the fans and there is real football spirit on Friday nights. Kudos to the administrators and staff for making the best of an already good thing!

Date: October 28, 2012 06:18PM

"All that said, WTW still brings out the fans and there is real football spirit on Friday nights. Kudos to the administrators and staff for making the best of an already good thing!"

I AGREE!

Date: October 28, 2012 06:58PM

Westfield would still lose 52-6 to Dematha if they played them next week. Stop using that as a metric for their improvement when the best teams they've beat are the Concorde teams in a down year.

Despite that, Westfield will be good for years to come, contending for region and state titles.

Posted by: northernregion101 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:59PM

As for Woodson, they only have two two way starters, Patrick Halloran #52 at G and DT and Peter Murray at LB and TE. None of this most seniors play both ways crap. The coaches consistantly mess it up for the boys when the coaches run the same plays over and over again and don't utilize their two biggest passing weapons (Jimmy McLaughlin and Murray), It is tough watching them play when they had Braddock bent over but a lack of coaching kills them. Their defense is as solid as any at this point in the season. Halloran, Murray, McLaughlin, and the Middle Line Backer Dean Rye should be four all district players from the aspiring program at W.T. Woodson. If that doesn't occur something is wrong with the district because every game a team has played against Woodson in the district has been close. Lee should have lost as well as West Springfield. West Potomac was the only team to truly beat the Cavs and that was because of excellent play from their running back Demonay. 3-7 or 2-8 truly doesn't reflect Woodsons play and if a TC Williams team makes the playoffs it will truly be sad.

Date: October 28, 2012 08:45PM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> Westfield would still lose 52-6 to Dematha if they
> played them next week. Stop using that as a
> metric for their improvement when the best teams
> they've beat are the Concorde teams in a down
> year.
>
> Despite that, Westfield will be good for years to
> come, contending for region and state titles.

The DeMatha that showed up Sat wouldn't beat W'field 52-6. They got waxed @ home by Gonaza, 27-10. The Stags play GC tough every year and then feast on teams like O'Connell, Carroll and St. Johns. In the 2nd half Fri, W'field's D had 4-5 hats around the ball and that was a change from what I saw in Aug. I don't know if Concorde is down but it's hard to compare the youthful teams W'field and C'ville have now to those of last year.

Posted by: Me again ()
Date: October 29, 2012 02:43AM

Bang Bus 69 Wrote:
> Parker did a good job keeping his team in order.
> While Lewis did a good job, he recruited, there is
> no denying that. Bottom line, Lewis is history
> and any new coach has the right to bring in a
> staff he is comfortable with. If you are a true
> eagle fan, support the team and quit reminiscing.
> The future is now!

Graduate and continued supporter of the boosters and school. I played under Lewis and Randolph before him and there is a way to coach and a way not to. Sorry but recruting to go to Edison??? I have to laugh because that is the easiest accusation to make about a coach when they have success. Sorry but Edison is not a dream school to be at even with the renovation, so let's throw your theory out the door of recruiting. I guess he did that back in '85 in your world too huh? Coach Lewis knew his players and knew what to do with them plus he had a staff that went to the school also and did everything for it and Parker disowned them in his own right for his guys. Yes it was his right to do that, but it was obviously the wrong choice as we now see for the 4th year. I wish it was different, but it isn't.

Posted by: Bulldawg ()
Date: October 29, 2012 08:49AM

NR Fanatic Wrote:
> Westfield would still lose 52-6 to Dematha if they
> played them next week. Stop using that as a
> metric for their improvement when the best teams
> they've beat are the Concorde teams in a down
> year.
>
> Despite that, Westfield will be good for years to
> come, contending for region and state titles.

The Concorde is down? What games are you watching....Herndon? I am a Westfield fan and they are good and legit, but unlike most leagues around here, there are no gimmee games in the Concorde District.

As for DeMatha, using that game as a measuring stick is ridiculous. Last year, Westfield beat DeMatha with a senior heavy team that had been playing for two years together on the field. DeMatha, on the otherhand was very young, and didnt have their best year last year. This year, Westfield has 20 new guys on the field and its the 3rd week of practice and they are playing against a more experienced DeMatha team. That said, 9 out of 10 times, DeMatha is going to beat most public schools........they RECRUIT and always have superior size and athletes.

Date: October 29, 2012 10:08AM

On Dematha exactly my point Bulldawg, Dematha should/probably would win as they do recruit and it is stupid for people to be using it as a metric. We're all entitled to opinions and although Dematha is having a down year in the private schools, I still think they would dismantle Westfield head to head. That is no knock on Westfield, they're beating the teams they have to and no where is Dematha/other private schools in that equation.

Now the Concorde is a real balanced district and it is competitive each week. When I said it was down, I meant it does not boast as strong a team as in years past. The region in general isn't too strong this year, this year's Westfield although dominant, does not hold a candle to last year's Westfield and Centreville in my opinion. That was a real special year for those programs. I would not put this Westfield near some of its past great teams too (such as '03, '07, '08). Now with that being said, with them being young, maybe in a year or two they will have that special team.

For this year, Oakton, Chantilly, Centreville, Robinson, and Westfield are all good, but they've all had stronger teams in the past 3-4 years. They're still on another level from the rest of the region but I do not think most of these teams are state title contenders like they've been at other times.

Posted by: Just Curious ()
Date: October 29, 2012 12:03PM

Doe anyone know how many players were ejected in the Wakefield/Edison bench clearing incident and who was ejected from each team? If any of them were seniors, they probably have played their last high school game!

Posted by: EagleFan ()
Date: October 29, 2012 01:37PM

For us I heard deck and graham both senoirs

Posted by: Pilchard ()
Date: October 29, 2012 03:13PM

What are the updated Power Point Ratings for D-5 Northern Region?

Date: October 29, 2012 05:12PM

Division 5
Stone Bridge 294 (vs. Fairfax 5-4)
Yorktown 272 (vs. W-L 5-4)
Madison 267 (vs. Marshall 0-9)
Hayfield 234 (vs. Edison 5-4)
Langley 227 (vs. McLean 4-5)
Edison 216 (vs. Hayfield 6-3)
South County 214 (vs. W.T. Woodson 2-7)
Jefferson 210 (vs. South Lakes 3-6)
--------
McLean 208 (vs. Langley 5-4)
Lee 191
Mount Vernon 189
Falls Church 169
Stuart 160
Wakefield 149
Marshall 147

Posted by: pdc ()
Date: October 29, 2012 09:27PM

thoughts on this fridays battle between whats proven to be the 2 best teams in the patriot, braddock and west springfield??

Posted by: Eagle fan ()
Date: October 29, 2012 09:45PM

Vaughn did recruit...but he was also a good coach. Under Parker the eagles have made some steady improvement...from 3 wins in his first year, to 4 wins last year, and now 5 wins with a chance for 6 wins if they win against Hayfield.

Why do you think Vaughn left? He knew it was going to take some time to rebuild...go Eagles!!

Posted by: 9D73C ()
Date: October 29, 2012 10:01PM

pdc Wrote:
> thoughts on this fridays battle between whats
> proven to be the 2 best teams in the patriot,
> braddock and west springfield??

Lake Braddock by atleast 14. I know West Springfield spanked West Potomac, but having seen both play twice, I still think West Potomac is the better team. It was a very suprising score.

Posted by: give me one player ()
Date: October 30, 2012 10:54AM

Please provide the players Lewis recruited and where they should have been going. I would really like to hear this one. And the talent pool hasn't left Edison at all, they players just aren't coming out to tryout because of this continuing problem at Edison.....what was it, 35 or so this year for a varsity program?!?! No doubt he has increased his wins, but this is the national district and the out of district play was weak this year (except for Chantilly) and sorry but they are not beating Hayfield, yet again, so let's make his wins per year be 3, 4, 5, and 5. Not much in the way of improving as you can mark down that you beat Stuart and then beat Falls Church to add to your win total. 4 years in a program is enough to make your guys understand your system and implement your off-season schedules. When does it end?

Date: October 30, 2012 12:20PM

I'm looking forward to Friday's matchup between Chantilly and Robinson and the right to host at least on home playoff game. A Robinson win and they could possibly play Chantilly at home again next week.

Date: October 30, 2012 12:28PM

Nighthawk Wrote:
> I'm looking forward to Friday's matchup between
> Chantilly and Robinson and the right to host at
> least on home playoff game. A Robinson win and
> they could possibly play Chantilly at home again
> next week.

This should be a good one. Robinson is a tough game and depending on what Chantilly team shows up, this should be very interesting.

Any thoughts out there on the All District team? I think it is pretty clear that Wilson and Richardson would be the choices at RB.

Date: October 30, 2012 02:13PM

I think Mullins has to get QB, Huelskamp at TE.

Posted by: Factsaretrue6996 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:59PM

A few of the players Lewis recruited are as follows:

1) Angus Harper - Lee, Landscaping?
2) Christian Washington, Mount Vernon
3) Paul Oliveira, Hayfield

Need I say more?

Posted by: All district ()
Date: October 30, 2012 06:59PM

Does Downer from Oakton get any consideration? He has thrown for almost a 1000 yds and has rushed for 900 accounting for the huge majority of Oakton td's. I know Oakton has been terrible in district play, but when I saw him play against Westfield that kid was the best player on the field.

Posted by: Fact ()
Date: October 30, 2012 08:22PM

Just for fact....Paul Olivero was not recruited to Edison. He was expelled from Hayfield for assault on a teacher.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:12PM

All district Wrote:
> Does Downer from Oakton get any consideration? He
> has thrown for almost a 1000 yds and has rushed
> for 900 accounting for the huge majority of Oakton
> td's. I know Oakton has been terrible in district
> play, but when I saw him play against Westfield
> that kid was the best player on the field.

I agree.

Date: October 30, 2012 09:15PM

I think Downer is a very close 2nd. Mullins is the better passer and leading your team to 9-0 while having a good season gives him the edge. And he can run too, just doesn't have to. Hard to believe neither of them started as juniors but tells you the talent level in the Concorde year in and year out.

Huleskamp definately is the best TE
Richardson and Wilson at RB

Others that have to be on all district team would include Turner from C'Ville, Burns from Westfield. I dont know all of the offensive lineman but a few from Westfield have to be on there, they have been fantastic.

Posted by: The man ()
Date: October 30, 2012 10:00PM

Huelskamp should get all region first team at LB AND TE

Date: October 30, 2012 11:02PM

Huelskamp is not an all region LB. Teams pick on him as he bites on every play action. He does make a lot of plays, but gives up too many to be considered here.

As for all region TE, I don't know much about the position outside the Concorde, but I do not think it would be a stretch for him to be all region.

Other offensive all region players would be Scott at Fairfax, Henderson probably gets qb for his hype, but I think it could go to Mullins or Burns*.

I have seen Burns play 3 times and have never been impressed with him. He has the size and the arm but I've never viewed him as a playmaker or someone to be real scared of. It shocked me that he is the highest rated qb ever to come up out of the Northern Region as the number 3 ranked qb in the country on ESPN and rated higher than any qb in the country from last year.

Date: October 31, 2012 06:29AM

Ryan at Burns at Stone Bridge looks great on the sidelines. He looks great warming up and looks great at a camp, in shorts and a helmet throwing lasers. He doesnt look so great in a game. Moves awkwardly, no touch on the ball. But when you have that size, the colleges think they can coach him up, so we'll see.

Posted by: Go Eagles ()
Date: October 31, 2012 07:43AM

This is Parker's third year at Edison. His first year was the fall of 2010. And yes the talent level is not as high as it was under Vaughn...there is not a single player on the current roster (or in the school) with the talent of Harper or Robertson.

All that being said I'm rooting for the Eagles this week against Hayfield...Go Eagles!

Posted by: I hope too ()
Date: October 31, 2012 08:54AM

Go Eagles Wrote:
> This is Parker's third year at Edison. His first
> year was the fall of 2010. And yes the talent
> level is not as high as it was under
> Vaughn...there is not a single player on the
> current roster (or in the school) with the talent
> of Harper or Robertson.
>
> All that being said I'm rooting for the Eagles
> this week against Hayfield...Go Eagles!

They do have some good athletes in the school (maybe not football savy like Angus or Stephan) but other male, or male dominated, sports in that school do quite well when compared to the region such as wrestling, track, basketball and lacrosse. The athletes are there, just not on the football team for some reason. With that said I do hope they beat Hayfield too as I am glad they brought back the old neighborhood rivalry since most of those kids know each other from youth leagues and such. Also just wondering how is the Hayfield coach doing with his illness?

Posted by: wildcats ()
Date: October 31, 2012 09:15AM

Oakton @ Centreville will be played as scheduled Friday night.

Date: October 31, 2012 11:22AM

Here are the spreads for the final week of the regular season. A lot of great games with playoff implications. The big two games should be Chantilly @ Robinson and Oakton @ Centreville; both figure to be close battles.

Chantilly (-6.0) @ Robinson *Co-Game of the Week
Edison @ Hayfield (-9.5)
Fairfax @ Stone Bridge (-28.0)
Falls Church (-7.0) @ Stuart
Jefferson @ South Lakes (-7.0) *this will be a good game
Lee (-7.0) @ Annandale
Madison (-49.0) @ Marshall *rivalry game but on two different levels this year
Mclean @ Langley (-14.0) *fun rivalry game
Mount Vernon (-20.0) @ Wakefield
Oakton (-3.0) @ Centreville *Co-Game of the Week
TC Williams @ West Potomac (-13.5)
Woodson @ South County (-14.0)
West Springfield @ Lake Braddock (-17.0)
Westfield (-38.0) @ Herndon
Yorktown (-28.0) @ W&L

Date: October 31, 2012 01:36PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that FCPS and Fairfax Sports Network is going to be airing "Game of the Weeks," every Monday night on Channel 21 starting with this Friday's Robinson vs. Chantilly game.

http://commweb.fcps.edu/newsreleases/newsrelease.cfm?newsid=2098

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 01:38PM by Nighthawk.

Posted by: All Met Sports ()
Date: November 01, 2012 02:01PM

Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 6

In: Westfield (9-0), Lake Braddock (7-2), Centreville (6-3), Chantilly (6-3)

In with a win: Robinson (5-4), West Potomac (6-3), West Springfield (6-3), Oakton (6-3)

Still alive: Fairfax (5-4)

Skinny: Westfield has wrapped up the region’s top seed for the second year in a row. The race for the second seed is tight between Lake Braddock, Centreville and Chantilly, which enter the weekend separated by only three power points. Fairfax, which is currently in ninth, has a shot to squeak into the field if it can knock off undefeated Stone Bridge and if Oakton loses to Centreville. The Rebels are 0-3 against the Bulldogs and have been outscored 123-28 in those games.

Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 5

In: Stone Bridge (9-0), Yorktown (9-0), Madison (7-2), Hayfield (6-3)

In with a win: Langley (5-4), Edison (5-4)

Still alive: South County (4-5), Jefferson (5-4), McLean (4-5)

Skinny: Stone Bridge — which fell to South County in the region semifinals last season, ending a streak of four straight region titles — has clinched the top seed. Yorktown and Madison can be seeded no lower than third. South County, which plays W.T. Woodson (2-7); Jefferson, which plays South Lakes (3-6); and McLean, which plays Langley, will likely vie for the final two slots.

Date: November 01, 2012 02:30PM

Thanks, good summary.

Posted by: tjfootball ()
Date: November 02, 2012 09:07PM

Jefferson up 14-0 at end of third quarter, probably making the playoffs

Posted by: Playoff bound ()
Date: November 02, 2012 09:22PM

Good for TJ, It would have been embarrassing to have a team with a losing record going into the playoffs. TJ earned it and deserved it. I still don't understand that if they lost and McLean lost that McLean would have been in. With the exception of Stone Bridge and Yorktown, D-5 has been quite the joke this year.

Posted by: ffxreb ()
Date: November 02, 2012 10:59PM

TJ 36 vs South Lakes 0; Final

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: November 02, 2012 11:28PM

Next time, why not just link to the WaPo article you cut-and-pasted from?

All Met Sports Wrote:
> Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 6
>
> In: Westfield (9-0), Lake Braddock (7-2),
> Centreville (6-3), Chantilly (6-3)
>
> In with a win: Robinson (5-4), West Potomac (6-3),
> West Springfield (6-3), Oakton (6-3)
>
> Still alive: Fairfax (5-4)
>
> Skinny: Westfield has wrapped up the region’s
> top seed for the second year in a row. The race
> for the second seed is tight between Lake
> Braddock, Centreville and Chantilly, which enter
> the weekend separated by only three power points.
> Fairfax, which is currently in ninth, has a shot
> to squeak into the field if it can knock off
> undefeated Stone Bridge and if Oakton loses to
> Centreville. The Rebels are 0-3 against the
> Bulldogs and have been outscored 123-28 in those
> games.
>
>
> Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 5
>
> In: Stone Bridge (9-0), Yorktown (9-0), Madison
> (7-2), Hayfield (6-3)
>
> In with a win: Langley (5-4), Edison (5-4)
>
> Still alive: South County (4-5), Jefferson (5-4),
> McLean (4-5)
>
> Skinny: Stone Bridge — which fell to South
> County in the region semifinals last season,
> ending a streak of four straight region titles —
> has clinched the top seed. Yorktown and Madison
> can be seeded no lower than third. South County,
> which plays W.T. Woodson (2-7); Jefferson, which
> plays South Lakes (3-6); and McLean, which plays
> Langley, will likely vie for the final two slots.

Posted by: TrueCookie ()
Date: November 02, 2012 11:59PM

The westfield vs herndon games score is very decieving. Westfield pulled out all there starters before halftime and put in there 2nd 3rd 4th team throughout the rest of the game. Westfields first team did not give up a single TD in the first half. The kickoff team failed to cover a kick which ended up to be a TD. Who does westfield have in the first round??

Posted by: spreads ()
Date: November 03, 2012 12:01AM

wow, not that anyone cares but that jefferson/south lakes spread was way off

Posted by: bulldawg ()
Date: November 03, 2012 12:24AM

Looks like West Springfield and Oakton are tied in power points for the 7th and 8th spots in Div 6. Not sure what the tiebreaker is. So Westfield will play either Oakton or W. Springfield.

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: November 03, 2012 12:42AM

What a terrible game SouthLakes played! 3 dropped TDs and 2 TDs called back... Not to mention 5 turnovers.

TJ is a good team!Congrats

Posted by: playoffs ()
Date: November 03, 2012 01:15AM

Anybody have any idea how the power points work out now for the D5 playoffs? How does the outcome of the Mclean Langley game tomorrow at 4 affect the playoff picture?

Posted by: Mr. Power Points ()
Date: November 03, 2012 02:43AM

If Langley beats McLean

Stone Bridge vs Edison

Hayfield vs Langley

Yorktown vs Jefferson

Madison vs South County

If McLean beats Langley

Stone Bridge vs Jefferson

Hayfield vs Langley

Yorktown vs South County

Madison vs McLean

Posted by: So anyway ... ()
Date: November 03, 2012 08:44AM

Date: November 03, 2012 09:37AM

So anyway ... Wrote:
> If you just want to read the article that "Mr.
> Power Points" is trying to steal credit from, here
> you go:

Oh for God's sake, the poster posted under the name of the website #Allmetsports. He's not trying to steal credit for anything. I for one would much rather read it on here pasted then have to go off to another link. Thanks All Met Sports.

Date: November 03, 2012 09:47AM

Chantilly 41 @ Robinson 21; statement game for the Chargers. They're so up and down so you never know with them, but when they play the way they did against Westfield, Oakton, and Robinson watch out playoff teams.

Edison 45 @ Hayfield 47; must have been a real fun rivalry game.

Fairfax 27 @ Stone Bridge 47

Falls Church 49 @ Stuart 20

Jefferson 36 @ South Lakes 0; embarassing performance by the Seahawks to conclude their season. Conversly awesome job by the TJ kids. The D5 playoffs are going to suck but I believe they're in and that's a tremendous accomplishment for that program.

Madison 34 @ Marshall 14

Mount Vernon 56 @ Wakefield 0

Oakton 28 @ Centreville 49; was 28-27 Oakton before Centreville pulled away, had a lot of similarities on offense to the Cville/Tilly game where their offense just went up and down the field and their D figured it out.

TC Williams 13 @ West Potomac 10; West Po has rolled over from an awesome start.

Woodson 13 @ South County 47; SC the most intriguing team for D5 to watch in the playoffs.

West Springfield 9 @ Lake Braddock 42; shown they can handle the Patriot as expected, but can they take down the Concorde big dogs?

Westfield 41 @ Herndon 27; Westfield going to the bench early messed up my spread.

Yorktown 35 @ W&L 7

Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 10

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.