HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: High School Football
Posted by: Really... ()
Date: November 12, 2012 05:20AM

Braddock played like the did all season. It is just different playing Concorde teams than patriot teams. Braddock should win that district every year because its not very good. Braddock has 3 losses all to Concorde teams.
Oakton had a great gameplan and they shut Braddock down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flagontheplay ()
Date: November 12, 2012 07:55AM

Was at the LB/Oakton game. Oakton had tons of penalties that gave them 3rd and long and LB still could not capitalize. IMHO, Braddock's coach was looking ahead, figured this would be an easy game. failed to plan well in advance, then couldn't make the halftime adjustments. Plain and simple he got outcoached. Moral of story: don't be arrogant and underestimate your opponent--it will come around to haunt you in the end.

Posted by: Get Real ()
Date: November 12, 2012 07:58AM

Ahhh...Say what you will and make excuses...Oakton had a better game plan/coaching and executed. The fundamental basis for a football game. Henderson is good, but not that good. LB 24 is the real deal, and Oakton is just better. Enough said, on to round 2.

Posted by: LB Parent ()
Date: November 12, 2012 08:56AM

It was a tough loss, but LB got outcoached and outplayed. It will be fun to watch Centreville smash Oakton. I bet they beat them by 30.

Posted by: Flagonthe play ()
Date: November 12, 2012 09:04AM

Interesting take. When one of my teams loses, I generally hope that the team they lost to goes deep into the playoffs--makes my team look not so bad for losing. Centreville certainly took it to Oakton last time they played, so conventional wisdom would say it won't be close. Then again, conventional wisdom would have said LB would have won by a fair amount, too, especially given last year's meeting between the two. That's what makes the playoffs so much fun.

Posted by: sanity ()
Date: November 12, 2012 09:53AM

Now that Braddock has been knocked out again by a concorde team, can we all please ditch this renner 5 wide receiver offense crap? It clearly is a quarterback driven system designed to pad big time stats on the way to a full ride at a big time university. it is NOT an effective way to win games in the northern region. I'm simply going by the stats and how teams that have employed this offense have done. It doesn't teach kids the correct way to play football, and hurts your defense by not allowing them to rest. Want proof? Look at any of the teams that have run this gimmicky system: Lake Braddock, West Potomac, Lee, TC, South Lakes, Edison, all the way back to West Springfield when renner was there...do you see any championship level defense? Also, do you see any state championships? The northern region will always fit its personnel, which are bigger, stronger lineman that dominate in the trenches. The eastern region can run spreads because of their playmaking speed by their athletes.

Want to hear a little secret? The Quarterback doesn’t even read the defense! A coach tells him who to throw to everytime!

Why more people do not adopt the Oakton and Centreville philosophy of defensive football is beyond me. your not in california, the weather will get shitty up here which doesn’t allow you to play pitch and catch like the eastern region teams do. Please face facts: You all got duped by a salesman who was lucky enough to coach 2 D1 Quarterbacks.

Sorry for the rant, but as someone who has won a state championship, I had to explain my position on something that drives me crazy. #rings#concorde#nuffsaid.

Posted by: utimefan4lyfe ()
Date: November 12, 2012 11:28AM

I disagree with the above post!
Braddock is competitive in the NR because of the offense.

Look at the numbers:

In the 7 previous years before the spread offense, they qualified for the playoffs just 1 time.
Since the spread, 4 times in 4 years.
Before the spread 30-40, 0 NR championships
After the spread 40-12, 2 NR championships

I think you have to go with what works for your team, with Braddock, it looks like the spread fits them better.

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: November 12, 2012 11:36AM

I would be the person to trash LB's Caleb Henderson this season, but the 4th quarter he played very good. On the last drive he put them in position to win. Had two phenomenal passes, and three others that were all dropped by #24. Good athletes play great in big situations. AJ is a great sophmore, but when going against Concorde teams he suffers. The second half LB did have an OK run game. Aaron had a really nice scamper for a TD. I agree on the 2 point conversion, stupid by all counts, especially when long drives were scarce. Oakton did play very hard and seemed to really want this win bad. The only Concorde team to dominate LB was Westfields. You guys talk like LB had no chance against Concorde teams. They aren't that far off. Braddock never seemed to get over the hump, when playing Woodson, TC and Annandale, they failed to put up big numbers like the rest of the area teams. I was at the Centreville game, they were the better team that day, shot themselves in the foot with three 15 yard penalties. They have a great Junior class and a stellar Freshman team will bring some nice added flavor.

The Robinson's Joe Show didn't work, there are 4 other backs on that team that can run very well and were hardly ever used. TC game, there was no reason to have Joe run 30-40 carries. Great Junior class coming up, but will they play for the coach. I hear many grumblings from parents and players.
Stonebridge would not beat Westfields if they played, they need to step up to division 6. I have seen them twice this year, but they are not as good as their state year by far. Have a few great athletes for sure. Lets see how they fair against the Tidal water teams

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 11:45AM by KeepitReal.

Posted by: Keep it really real ()
Date: November 12, 2012 12:27PM

SB would crush every Concorde team this year Chantilly was very competitive in the big bad D6 Concorde all year and they looked like they didn't even belong on the field with SB this year. Then the Robinson running back piles up yards in the Concorde this year and a reputation on this board and he gained maybe ten yards against SB this year. Westfield is young SB is a much more experienced team this year and much better at year end SB would beat every team in the Concorde by at least 3 TD's right now and probably more.

And get over yourself the Concorde is just an above average league playing HIGH SCHOOL Football and any Concorde team would have been killed by the Phoebus teams of 2010 and 2008 and 2007 so until a Concorde team beats a Phoebus shut up about "let's see how SB does against the Tidewater teams" Phoebus would have rolled all of your champions including your 2007 Westfield 15-0 team

Posted by: NRFan ()
Date: November 12, 2012 12:35PM

Westfield beat Oscar Smith for the state title. The Oscar Smith fans were all running their mouth before the game, but they got beat. Definately more athletes down in the Beach area, but don't say they cant be beat. Centrville and Oakton won state titles too. Teams are generally very well coached up here.

I am a Concord/Westfield fan, and believe Stone Bridge probably has the better team, but it would not be a blow out. Jonathan Allen is the real difference maker. But, through no fault of their own, play nothing but patsies in their District all year long.

Yes, they beat Chantilly, but why didnt they put up 50 or 60 pts on them?

Posted by: Play them all ()
Date: November 12, 2012 12:41PM

No doubt Phoebus and Stone Bridge put out a strong team. Do me one favor and play Oakton, Chantilly Centreville, Robinson and Westfield in your last five games and tell me how healthy you are and how you stand. Thats five weeks of playoff football ... before the playoffs START.

Date: November 12, 2012 12:59PM

You took my point about Phoebus wrong, I thought that they generally are a better team. I totally disagree that this area can't compete against them. Every year it's a toss up who has the better teams. I seem to remember our Patriot/Concord teams beating the Tidal water teams from 97 till a few year ago frequently. SC beat everyone except the State team. Your point isn't very valid. Lee was competitive against SB a few years ago.

And yes the above poster is correct about Oakton's tough back end schedule. In 05 Oakton won the state title after playing all of those teams back to back. They went on to beat Percy Harvin's Landsdown.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 01:02PM by KeepitReal.

Date: November 12, 2012 01:02PM

Play them all Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No doubt Phoebus and Stone Bridge put out a strong
> team. Do me one favor and play Oakton, Chantilly
> Centreville, Robinson and Westfield in your last
> five games and tell me how healthy you are and how
> you stand. Thats five weeks of playoff football
> ... before the playoffs START.

Excellent point and well said. There just arent many nights off in the Concorde. Up until the last week it looked like Oakton may be the #8 seed, and I will tell you, what kind of reward is that for a #1 seed to play in the first round! They are all tough on any given Friday night.

Posted by: KeepitReal2 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 01:03PM

Robinson had 1 great back and a few very average ones. Anyone with eyes could see how much better Wilson was than the other backs on that team. Also, Wilson put up over 100 yds against Stonebridge as well. If the younger skill develops around Wilson, the Rams could be tough next season.

Date: November 12, 2012 01:08PM

So do most teams have one really good back, but find a way to incorporate others into the game. Every team that is winning has running by committee, just look at the week to week stats. I know most of those players on Robinson, they would have fared just fine as backs that could give Joe a break. It's ridiculous to have a kid carry the ball 400 times in a season. The wear and tear on his body is going to catch up with him.

Westfields backs

1 Dalaun Richardson 1482
2 Tyler Thrasher-Walker 726
3 Brian Garland 387
4 Evan Gray 275
5 Chris Mullins 91

Chantilly
1 Deandre Harris 1139
2 Ross Simms 930
3 Sonny Romine 728
4 Raeshawn Smith 404
5 David Kerns 104

Rob backs
Joe Wilson 2358
2 Jack Rowlett 164
3 Garrett Velasquez 93
4 Turner Peterson 73
5 Justin Bowen 48

I could post all the other wining teams and it would look the same. Obviously it didn't work 5-6 aint going to do it. The other backs weren't even given a chance or given enough carries to prove themselves

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 01:18PM by KeepitReal.

Posted by: EasternVaFan ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:19PM

The best D6 FB is played in the NR. Here, you have 2-3 teams every year that can win states, lately W'field and C'ville. Concorde to me seems like the SEC of VHSL FB while the beach usually fields just one top team (lately O. Smith).

In D5, it's different. Last 15 years: ER 10 titles, NR 1. Phoebus has won 5 of 6 and Hampton won 3 before that. Good D + a conservative O hasn't won. That might be why SB changed its O. They are much tougher w/a passing game. Meanwhile, Phoebus is still having strife and Lake Taylor's sched is suspect. So this def could SB's year. No disrespect to remaining NR-D5s. Langley's good run game was shut down by SB in a 27-6 district loss. SoCo is on another run but its D is not as good as last year's (gave up 53 to Robinson, 49 to WestPo and 36 to Hayfield). Yortown has beaten 4 playoff teams (Langley, Hayfield, TJ, and Edison) but both lines and its QB are suspect.

KeepitReal Wrote:
> You took my point about Phoebus wrong, I thought
> that they generally are a better team. I totally
> disagree that this area can't compete against
> them. Every year it's a toss up who has the
> better teams. I seem to remember our
> Patriot/Concord teams beating the Tidal water
> teams from 97 till a few year ago frequently. SC
> beat everyone except the State team. Your point
> isn't very valid. Lee was competitive against SB
> a few years ago.
>
> And yes the above poster is correct about Oakton's
> tough back end schedule. In 05 Oakton won the
> state title after playing all of those teams back
> to back. They went on to beat Percy Harvin's
> Landsdown.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:21PM

KeepitReal Wrote:

Add in the passing game and it's even worse for Wilson -

Westfield -
Chris Mullins 1472

Chantilly -
Sonny Romine 1380

Robinson -
Jack Rowlett 296
Michael Hugney 236
Joe Wilson 18

>
> Westfields backs
>
> 1 Dalaun Richardson 1482
> 2 Tyler Thrasher-Walker 726
> 3 Brian Garland 387
> 4 Evan Gray 275
> 5 Chris Mullins 91
>
> Chantilly
> 1 Deandre Harris 1139
> 2 Ross Simms 930
> 3 Sonny Romine 728
> 4 Raeshawn Smith 404
> 5 David Kerns 104
>
>
> Rob backs
> Joe Wilson 2358
> 2 Jack Rowlett 164
> 3 Garrett Velasquez 93
> 4 Turner Peterson 73
> 5 Justin Bowen 48
>
>
> I could post all the other wining teams and it
> would look the same. Obviously it didn't work
> 5-6 aint going to do it. The other backs weren't
> even given a chance or given enough carries to
> prove themselves

Posted by: nove dude ()
Date: November 13, 2012 08:44AM

Joe Wilson had 45 carries against Oakton. What coach in his right mind has his high school back run that many times in a game? Isn't there a question of liability here if he were to come up a with a serious injury and/or a concussion?

Ask Earl Campbell how well it worked out for him when he carried the ball 30-40 times a game at Texas and in the NFL for the Oilers. The man can't walk now.

Posted by: farfaxfan ()
Date: November 13, 2012 09:17AM

Next year Nick Scott will beat all those numbers because we like Centreville run the wing T and play tough

Posted by: Come On Man ()
Date: November 13, 2012 09:45AM

If I was playing against Robinson, I would have loved it if they gave the ball to someone besides Wilson. The rest of the offense was average to below average. He was by far the best offensive player in the region. I do agree, however, that they need to watch his carries, but this isn't college or the NFL. Wilson is athletically and phyiscally superior to almost everyone who comes to tackle him. He is the one usually doing the punishing not the tacklers.
Anyway, the games this weekend should be great. Hopefully whoever wins the region comes out healthy.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 10:39AM

Here are the sreads for week 12. Aside from the Stone Bridge game, the other 3 are up for grabs. Should be a great Friday night!

Division 6
Chantilly @ Westfield (-8.5)
Oakton @ Centreville (-6.0)

Division 5
Langley @ Stone Bridge (-20.0)
South County @ Yorktown (-3.0)

Posted by: piopqewrq ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:04PM

sanity Wrote:
> Now that Braddock has been knocked out again by a
> concorde team, can we all please ditch this renner
> 5 wide receiver offense crap? It clearly is a
> quarterback driven system designed to pad big time
> stats on the way to a full ride at a big time
> university. it is NOT an effective way to win
> games in the northern region. I'm simply going by
> the stats and how teams that have employed this
> offense have done. It doesn't teach kids the
> correct way to play football, and hurts your
> defense by not allowing them to rest. Want proof?
> Look at any of the teams that have run this
> gimmicky system: Lake Braddock, West Potomac, Lee,
> TC, South Lakes, Edison, all the way back to West
> Springfield when renner was there...do you see any
> championship level defense? Also, do you see any
> state championships? The northern region will
> always fit its personnel, which are bigger,
> stronger lineman that dominate in the trenches.
> The eastern region can run spreads because of
> their playmaking speed by their athletes.
>
> Want to hear a little secret? The Quarterback
> doesn’t even read the defense! A coach tells him
> who to throw to everytime!
>
> Why more people do not adopt the Oakton and
> Centreville philosophy of defensive football is
> beyond me. your not in california, the weather
> will get shitty up here which doesn’t allow you
> to play pitch and catch like the eastern region
> teams do. Please face facts: You all got duped by
> a salesman who was lucky enough to coach 2 D1
> Quarterbacks.
>
> Sorry for the rant, but as someone who has won a
> state championship, I had to explain my position
> on something that drives me crazy.
> #rings#concorde#nuffsaid.

Braddock had some pretty damn good defensive players when they went to the state championship in 2009. Lavery, STickford, Adetunji, Abbasi were all studs

Posted by: cvillebacker ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:22PM

Keep it really real Wrote:
> SB would crush every Concorde team this year
> Chantilly was very competitive in the big bad D6
> Concorde all year and they looked like they didn't
> even belong on the field with SB this year. Then
> the Robinson running back piles up yards in the
> Concorde this year and a reputation on this board
> and he gained maybe ten yards against SB this
> year. Westfield is young SB is a much more
> experienced team this year and much better at year
> end SB would beat every team in the Concorde by at
> least 3 TD's right now and probably more.
>
> And get over yourself the Concorde is just an
> above average league playing HIGH SCHOOL Football
> and any Concorde team would have been killed by
> the Phoebus teams of 2010 and 2008 and 2007 so
> until a Concorde team beats a Phoebus shut up
> about "let's see how SB does against the Tidewater
> teams" Phoebus would have rolled all of your
> champions including your 2007 Westfield 15-0 team

This is a stale subject brought up by jealous SB fans all the time. The Concorde district is the toughest district in the state! SB was asked to join the Concorde when they entered the Northern Region, Thompson saw the writing on the wall and balked at joining this power district and cried to join the patsy District they are in. So now they play 1 or 2 Concorde teams at the start of the season and then run up and down their District until they play a good team in the postseason and get beat. Great Record EXCEPT when it comes to State Championships.

You cannot compare Tidewater teams to Northern Region teams because Phoebus and Smith have the ability to RECRUIT their players (kind of like Stone Bridge up until a couple of years ago) Tidewater has a liberal transfer policy that allows you to go to the school of your choice. If that was in play in Northern Region we would field a Power team that could not be beat. Imagine if Westfield had never opened and you still had the majority of kids from Westfield and Centreville playing on the same team. OR Any kid who wanted to could play for Centreville or Westfield.

Date: November 13, 2012 05:08PM

Concorde hands down plays VA's best D6. Counting C'ville's win in 2000, 4 of the 6 teams have won titles. If you count 1996 (Chantilly), 5 have won. No other district comes close to that level of balance.

Why does Concorde win @ states? Enrollments have something to do with it. Concorde has 3 of VA's 7 biggest schools and 6 of the top 23.
http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/rr-adm-march-2012-six-classes.pdf.I believe it's much more than that, too. From experience, I've seen that whichever team escapes both Concorde and the NR is going to be very competitive @ states.

A combined W'field-C'Ville team would be awesome. The same can be said about SB-Briar Woods, Phoebus-O.Smith. Every year, Phoebus srimmages O.Smith and every year it has to beat teams like Hampton to get out of the ER. These things help Phoebus get ready for states, arguably more than rumored transfers. Peninsula district is no Concorde, but it's pretty good.

cvillebacker Wrote:
> Keep it really real Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SB would crush every Concorde team this year
> > Chantilly was very competitive in the big bad
> D6
> > Concorde all year and they looked like they
> didn't
> > even belong on the field with SB this year.
> Then
> > the Robinson running back piles up yards in the
> > Concorde this year and a reputation on this
> board
> > and he gained maybe ten yards against SB this
> > year. Westfield is young SB is a much more
> > experienced team this year and much better at
> year
> > end SB would beat every team in the Concorde by
> at
> > least 3 TD's right now and probably more.
> >
> > And get over yourself the Concorde is just an
> > above average league playing HIGH SCHOOL
> Football
> > and any Concorde team would have been killed by
> > the Phoebus teams of 2010 and 2008 and 2007 so
> > until a Concorde team beats a Phoebus shut up
> > about "let's see how SB does against the
> Tidewater
> > teams" Phoebus would have rolled all of your
> > champions including your 2007 Westfield 15-0
> team
>
>
> This is a stale subject brought up by jealous SB
> fans all the time. The Concorde district is the
> toughest district in the state! SB was asked to
> join the Concorde when they entered the Northern
> Region, Thompson saw the writing on the wall and
> balked at joining this power district and cried to
> join the patsy District they are in. So now they
> play 1 or 2 Concorde teams at the start of the
> season and then run up and down their District
> until they play a good team in the postseason and
> get beat. Great Record EXCEPT when it comes to
> State Championships.
>
> You cannot compare Tidewater teams to Northern
> Region teams because Phoebus and Smith have the
> ability to RECRUIT their players (kind of like
> Stone Bridge up until a couple of years ago)
> Tidewater has a liberal transfer policy that
> allows you to go to the school of your choice. If
> that was in play in Northern Region we would field
> a Power team that could not be beat. Imagine if
> Westfield had never opened and you still had the
> majority of kids from Westfield and Centreville
> playing on the same team. OR Any kid who wanted
> to could play for Centreville or Westfield.

Posted by: FootballSEC1 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 06:49PM

Agree--it's no surprise to see who is left in D6-NR. Playing a Concorde sched def gets you ready for playoffs.

Nothing against prior SB teams, but maybe it doesn't help to play a Liberty sched of S.Lakes, Marshall, TJ, Mad, McLean and Langley.

This year's SB team is special--balance and talent all over. I saw the Langley game and can see why nobody has come within 2 TDs ofthem, including Robinson and 'Tilly. They could drop 40 on Langley this Fri and should easily handle the winner of South County-Yorktown.

EasternVaFan Wrote:
> Concorde hands down plays VA's best D6. Counting
> C'ville's win in 2000, 4 of the 6 teams have won
> titles. If you count 1996 (Chantilly), 5 have won.
> No other district comes close to that level of
> balance.
>
> Why does Concorde win @ states? Enrollments have
> something to do with it. Concorde has 3 of VA's 7
> biggest schools and 6 of the top 23.
> http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/rr-adm-march-2012-s
> ix-classes.pdf.I believe it's much more than that,
> too. From experience, I've seen that whichever
> team escapes both Concorde and the NR is going to
> be very competitive @ states.
>
> A combined W'field-C'Ville team would be awesome.
> The same can be said about SB-Briar Woods,
> Phoebus-O.Smith. Every year, Phoebus srimmages
> O.Smith and every year it has to beat teams like
> Hampton to get out of the ER. These things help
> Phoebus get ready for states, arguably more than
> rumored transfers. Peninsula district is no
> Concorde, but it's pretty good
>>
>
> cvillebacker Wrote:
> -----
> > Keep it really real Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > SB would crush every Concorde team this year
> > > Chantilly was very competitive in the big bad
> > D6
> > > Concorde all year and they looked like they
> > didn't
> > > even belong on the field with SB this year.
> > Then
> > > the Robinson running back piles up yards in
> the
> > > Concorde this year and a reputation on this
> > board
> > > and he gained maybe ten yards against SB this
> > > year. Westfield is young SB is a much more
> > > experienced team this year and much better at
> > year
> > > end SB would beat every team in the Concorde
> by
> > at
> > > least 3 TD's right now and probably more.
> > >
> > > And get over yourself the Concorde is just an
> > > above average league playing HIGH SCHOOL
> > Football
> > > and any Concorde team would have been killed
> by
> > > the Phoebus teams of 2010 and 2008 and 2007
> so
> > > until a Concorde team beats a Phoebus shut up
> > > about "let's see how SB does against the
> > Tidewater
> > > teams" Phoebus would have rolled all of your
> > > champions including your 2007 Westfield 15-0
> > team
> >
> >
> > This is a stale subject brought up by jealous
> SB
> > fans all the time. The Concorde district is the
> > toughest district in the state! SB was asked
> to
> > join the Concorde when they entered the
> Northern
> > Region, Thompson saw the writing on the wall
> and
> > balked at joining this power district and cried
> to
> > join the patsy District they are in. So now
> they
> > play 1 or 2 Concorde teams at the start of the
> > season and then run up and down their District
> > until they play a good team in the postseason
> and
> > get beat. Great Record EXCEPT when it comes to
> > State Championships.
> >
> > You cannot compare Tidewater teams to Northern
> > Region teams because Phoebus and Smith have the
> > ability to RECRUIT their players (kind of like
> > Stone Bridge up until a couple of years ago)
> > Tidewater has a liberal transfer policy that
> > allows you to go to the school of your choice.
> If
> > that was in play in Northern Region we would
> field
> > a Power team that could not be beat. Imagine
> if
> > Westfield had never opened and you still had
> the
> > majority of kids from Westfield and Centreville
> > playing on the same team. OR Any kid who
> wanted
> > to could play for Centreville or Westfield.

Posted by: Mannish Boy ()
Date: November 13, 2012 08:10PM

Stone Bridge was supposed to "easily" handle South County in the playoffs last year too! Definitely a lot of talent on SB and they are the team to beat in NR Div 5, but one game at a time.

Posted by: SB question ()
Date: November 13, 2012 08:23PM

I could be wrong, but isn't this senior class at Stone Bridge that last class that was able to attend any Loudoun County school they wished under their old rules? I think they were grandfathered in, which is why many of their athletes stayed there and again are successful. I expect Stone Bridge to really go down in the next couple of years as their JV/freshmen teams have lost to other Liberty district opponents and aren't the feeder teams they once were.

Posted by: GridIron1 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 09:38PM

Yeah, good point about Soco-SB last year. This year, SB beat 2 Concordes early and skated through the Liberty. That's good, but who knows how good?

In NR, I wouldn't dismiss Soco or Yorktown. SoCo is playing well and is physical enough to hang with SB; Yorktown has a few quality players and might suprise. Outside of NR, you've got N. Stafford, Phoebus, and Lake Taylor. Last year, N.Stafford lost to Phoebus by 1 when its 2 point conversion narrowly failed. This year, it beat Battlefield and lost only to C.Forge, 7-0, which is 8-2 and still playing.

Mannish Boy Wrote:
> Stone Bridge was supposed to "easily" handle South
> County in the playoffs last year too! Definitely
> a lot of talent on SB and they are the team to
> beat in NR Div 5, but one game at a time.

Posted by: Fairfax Underground Helper ()
Date: November 13, 2012 10:53PM

N. Stafford, Phoebus, and Lake Taylor. Last year,
> N.Stafford lost to Phoebus by 1 when its 2 point
> conversion narrowly failed. This year, it beat
> Battlefield and lost only to C.Forge, 7-0, which
> is 8-2 and still playing.

Who? Who? Who? Who? What part of Fairfax County are these schools in?

Date: November 13, 2012 11:02PM

If we're going there, then SB isn't in the county, either.

Fairfax Underground Helper Wrote:
> N. Stafford, Phoebus, and Lake Taylor. Last year,
> > N.Stafford lost to Phoebus by 1 when its 2
> point
> > conversion narrowly failed. This year, it beat
> > Battlefield and lost only to C.Forge, 7-0,
> which
> > is 8-2 and still playing.
>
> Who? Who? Who? Who? What part of Fairfax County
> are these schools in?

Posted by: Fairfax Underground Helper ()
Date: November 13, 2012 11:29PM

Amen. Stop talking about Stone Bridge too!!! They're slowly but surely moving to more Loudoun county competition in the upcoming years.

Posted by: Hey Mannish Boy and SEC1 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 11:36PM

Mannish no one who knew the SB team last year thought they would skate by SoCo SB was a fair team compared to previous teams at SB starting some where around 3-4 seniors, and everyone who paid attention knew SoCo was a senior dominated team with all the potential to come together that one year and beat SB.

SEC1 you have it the wrong way it is the Concorde teams that are jealous of SB and that's the tired old argument about expecting SB a D5 size school to play in the Concorde Thompson would never be able to get the AD and Principal to join the Concorde for all sports just so the Concorde football teams could feel better about SB be rated higher than them only playing in the Liberty

and SB Question Loudoun County schools never let kids transfer at will and there is no last year and no grandfathering to discuss. Some transfers that went out of their way may give you that perception but it is not a policy and when I say went out of the way they did major things to make their kids legal SB residents attendees. But they did live in the school area and I could tell you the two kids that were complete bullshit but their parents had the money to live in two places so they were legal, no one else have ever been in because of some open policy that's an urban jealous Fairfax legend

That being said unless they keep getting kids who move in from other areas like Burns and Allen did when their parents moved from out of state and chose SB they will be in a decline as BR, BW and SB all are in the same town and BW has the demographics for the better teams in the future not SB

Date: November 14, 2012 07:42AM

Please go to Loudoun Underground to discuss Stone Bridge at length.

We have some GREAT playoff games coming up this weekend in FAIRFAX CTY....lets hear some talk about that!

Posted by: NR Fan response ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:58AM

SB plays all Fairfax teams so the topic is relevant on a Fairfax Underground High School Football thread When it comes to high school football SB is a Fairfax topic

Posted by: Know your Facts! ()
Date: November 14, 2012 04:37PM

Robinson's running back ran for over 130 yards on SB's defense. They also ran a different offense (Piston) vs. Sb than they did for much of the rest of the season when they switched to the Pro-I, because of personnel needs.

Posted by: Mannish Boy ()
Date: November 14, 2012 05:35PM

Families can and will "move" to get their kid to a different school where it might be more advantageous for them to play a sport like football. Take Caleb Henderson, for instance, who moved from West Po to Lake Braddock. The reason given and the real reason are probably not the same.

Hey Mannish Boy and SEC1 Wrote:
> Mannish no one who knew the SB team last year
> thought they would skate by SoCo SB was a fair
> team compared to previous teams at SB starting
> some where around 3-4 seniors, and everyone who
> paid attention knew SoCo was a senior dominated
> team with all the potential to come together that
> one year and beat SB.
>
> SEC1 you have it the wrong way it is the Concorde
> teams that are jealous of SB and that's the tired
> old argument about expecting SB a D5 size school
> to play in the Concorde Thompson would never be
> able to get the AD and Principal to join the
> Concorde for all sports just so the Concorde
> football teams could feel better about SB be rated
> higher than them only playing in the Liberty
>
> and SB Question Loudoun County schools never let
> kids transfer at will and there is no last year
> and no grandfathering to discuss. Some transfers
> that went out of their way may give you that
> perception but it is not a policy and when I say
> went out of the way they did major things to make
> their kids legal SB residents attendees. But they
> did live in the school area and I could tell you
> the two kids that were complete bullshit but their
> parents had the money to live in two places so
> they were legal, no one else have ever been in
> because of some open policy that's an urban
> jealous Fairfax legend
>
> That being said unless they keep getting kids who
> move in from other areas like Burns and Allen did
> when their parents moved from out of state and
> chose SB they will be in a decline as BR, BW and
> SB all are in the same town and BW has the
> demographics for the better teams in the future
> not SB

Posted by: Northern Region football ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:12PM

Mannish Boy,

The only reason Henderson went to WestPo in the first place last year was because his dad was the head coach. He lives inside LB borders (I think) and would go their anyway because his dad is now an assistant at LB.

Posted by: ruling ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:17PM

Northern Region football Wrote:
> Mannish Boy,
>
> The only reason Henderson went to WestPo in the
> first place last year was because his dad was the
> head coach. He lives inside LB borders (I think)
> and would go their anyway because his dad is now
> an assistant at LB.

Not sure, nor do I care where this kid lives and who he plays for, but just because his dad is a coach at the school isn't grounds for his son to be able to attend West Pot. He has to be a full time employee at the school, coaches are part time employees. Now if he performed other duties to be considered full time or was a teacher/security, then he was fine to attend that school.

Posted by: Really...talent ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:23PM

Henderson moved into LB district, he is also a full time teacher at the school. He goes there legally. Leave the kid alone. Don't judge the kids for sins of the father.

Posted by: Know your own facts ()
Date: November 14, 2012 10:27PM

Wilson had 133 and 4.6 ypc. This is an off day for him.

On the season, Wilson averaged about 215 per game with 7 ypc.

Know your Facts! Wrote:
> Robinson's running back ran for over 130 yards on
> SB's defense. They also ran a different offense
> (Piston) vs. Sb than they did for much of the rest
> of the season when they switched to the Pro-I,
> because of personnel needs.

Posted by: ruling ()
Date: November 14, 2012 11:10PM

Really...talent Wrote:
> Henderson moved into LB district, he is also a
> full time teacher at the school. He goes there
> legally. Leave the kid alone. Don't judge the
> kids for sins of the father.

If you carefully read the posting I wrote, I stated that if his father was employed full time at the school then it is completely legal to do. However the post before mine was stating that he attended West Pot simply for the fact that his dad was the coach which is illegal to do. I was defending your boy and explaining the rule to another. Relax chief, the war is over.

Posted by: wow999 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 06:59AM

come on, family lived in WP district, poppa hendo coached there, pop was fired, they moved, kids enrolled at LB and they played this fall. WTF - this is ridiculous.

Date: November 15, 2012 07:56AM

Here we go again with all of the Henderson discussion....people seem to be really obsessed with these guys.

Posted by: sins? ()
Date: November 15, 2012 08:03AM

What sins?

Date: November 15, 2012 08:32AM

Was at Robinson-SB. SB keyed all over the guy. He had one big run, maybe 50 yards; the rest of the yards were hard to get. You could still tell that this dude can play. As it turned out this year, SB shutdown every back it faced, including O'Connor from TJ and Mun from Langley.

Can Langley beat SB tomorrow night? Based on the game 1, no way. Langley has a chance in my mind if it throws on 1st down and if SB's QB has an off game, something that has happened in the past.

As for the other games, all I keep hearing is that the D6 final will once again be C-Ville and W'field. Anybody got any other thoughts?

Know your own facts Wrote:
> Wilson had 133 and 4.6 ypc. This is an off day for
> him.
>
> On the season, Wilson averaged about 215 per game
> with 7 ypc.
>
>
> Know your Facts! Wrote:
> -----
> > Robinson's running back ran for over 130 yards
> on
> > SB's defense. They also ran a different offense
> > (Piston) vs. Sb than they did for much of the
> rest
> > of the season when they switched to the Pro-I,
> > because of personnel needs.

Posted by: NR Fan ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:33AM

Sins? Not really sure anybody in this forum is qualified to judge sins. Pathetic losers, can and will, resort to desperate measures when their plans continually fail. Take Dale Eaton, for example. (or his deciples, who are dwindling, by the way) Biggest bully in the county. Cowardly antics, after he was forced to retire, that got a secretary fired and put WP admin in the hot seat. All but black balled from the Northern Region, because most coach's think he is a joke. ALL DSA's in the county think he is a joke. Worn out his welcome with the cluster admin as well. Huge liability to the Lang staff, and word on the street is he is on his way out of there due to a recent disagreement with a parent. Yet he continues to hand out the kool aid to a couple of loyal followers and be a sociopath obsessed with a family who left town. Can we please get this guy some help?

Posted by: The Piston Offense ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:42AM

Know your Facts! Wrote:
> Robinson's running back ran for over 130 yards on
> SB's defense. They also ran a different offense
> (Piston) vs. Sb than they did for much of the rest
> of the season when they switched to the Pro-I,
> because of personnel needs.

LOL I would love to see the Piston offense - was it invented in Detroit? Is it more similar to the Pistol or the Spark Plug? And what were the personnel needs that caused them to switch - run out of gas?

Posted by: quit whining ()
Date: November 15, 2012 11:36AM

wow999 Wrote:
> come on, family lived in WP district, poppa hendo
> coached there, pop was fired, they moved, kids
> enrolled at LB and they played this fall. WTF -
> this is ridiculous.

So you people bitch about when Stone Bridge is the subject, then you bitch when the subject is changed. It is a forum people so get over it. Let's just argue over stats and whine about who didn't get what. I think you are ridiculous. Big topic seems to be that Taylor was fired from Robinson. Is this rumor or fact?

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:08PM

GridIron1 Wrote:

> As for the other games, all I keep hearing is that
> the D6 final will once again be C-Ville and
> W'field. Anybody got any other thoughts?

I would rate Chantilly the better chance at an "upset." After watching the first Oakton-Centreville game I just don't see any chance that Oakton can contain Centreville's speed.

Posted by: really...talent ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:25PM

My "sins of the father" was just a quote saying dont take bad about the kid because you dont like the father. I am defending Caleb Henderson. Who is anybody on this message board to speak bad about kids? As far as I am concerned we can talk about the games and how amazing some of these kids are, but we should not be speaking poorly about kids.

Posted by: really... ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:27PM

Anybody else hear this??? Where did you get this info?

quit whining Wrote:
> wow999 Wrote:
> -----
> Big topic seems to be that Taylor was fired from
> Robinson. Is this rumor or fact?

Posted by: Know your Facts! ()
Date: November 15, 2012 01:03PM

Clearly I knew my own facts. He ran for over 130 yards as I stated. And you said he ran for like 10 yards. I was right and you corrected yourself later!

Date: November 15, 2012 01:09PM

Yes it has been confirmed he was fired.

Date: November 15, 2012 07:33PM

Well back to the games...

Cville vs Oakton--I see it being the same type of game. Oakton hangs tough for a quarter and a half, then Cville pulls away.

Wfield and Tilly-- Not nearly as close as the first one. If Westfield gets up early, it's over. If Tilly keeps this one close through the first, it will be an awesome game, but I don't see that happening.

If both my predictions come true, another Cville vs Wfield game! If this keeps up, it may become the best rivalry in the area.

Date: November 15, 2012 08:14PM

Oakton 34 Centreville 21
Chantilly 20 Westfield 17 in OT

Sets up an Oakton vs Chantilly rematch of the regional final from 2008.

Gonna be awesome games tomorrow

Posted by: another thought ()
Date: November 15, 2012 08:31PM

Northern Region football Wrote:
> Well back to the games...
>
> Cville vs Oakton--I see it being the same type of
> game. Oakton hangs tough for a quarter and a half,
> then Cville pulls away.

> If both my predictions come true, another Cville
> vs Wfield game! If this keeps up, it may become
> the best rivalry in the area.

I disagree with the Oakton/CVille game. I think it is going to be closer because of the fact that they put athletes back into the defense with Downer and Wandey taking roles back there. Playing both ways on the field will certainly mess with their offense too though so I think we are going to see a similar type of game that they had against LB, but I still think CVille wins it, but by 7 points or less. If Oakton controls the clock more, plays a slower paced game, and limits their turnovers (or points given up off of turnovers), then they will have a strong chance of winning. They need to do those 3 things to win though, any failure with one of those and they lose easily.

CVille vs Westfield is the best rivalry already when it comes to football.

Posted by: wedasd ()
Date: November 16, 2012 09:34PM

can i get an update on westfield-chantilly

Posted by: The man ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:07PM

Westfield was up 34-7 in the third when I left. They are too big and too fast. Romine threw everything behind his receivers. He's average at best as a thrower.

Posted by: scores ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:15PM

Westfield 34
Chantilly 20 4th Qtr

Oakton 14
Centreville 13 Final

Stone Bridge 33
Langley 14 Final

Posted by: Cream of Sum Yung Gui ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:20PM

Wasn't at the game but heard through word-o'-mouth that Downer scored a TD with no time left on the clock. PAT was good giving Oakton a 14-13 win. Also heard that in the 2nd C'Ville missed two FGs and turned it over on downs with goal-to-go.

Oakton @ Westfield next week for the D6 finals.

Posted by: WHS ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:32PM

Woo! Next saturday is going to be epic!

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: November 16, 2012 11:37PM

The man Wrote:
> Westfield was up 34-7 in the third when I left.
> They are too big and too fast. Romine threw
> everything behind his receivers. He's average at
> best as a thrower.

Romine had some good throws after it was too late. In the 2nd quarter down by 7 he had #9 wide wide open for a TD and he threw a one-hopper wobbler for no apparent reason. He threw 3 or 4 picks + Westfield intercepted one in the end zone in the 4th quarter that was called back on some unexplained penalty.

Date: November 16, 2012 11:51PM

D6
Chantilly 27 @ Westfield 34
Looks good in the paper, but down 34-7 this game wasn't close

Oakton 14 @ Centreville 13
thrilling game, but doesn't set up for a great regional championship

D5
Langley 14 @ Stone Bridge 33
South County 28 @ Yorktown 48

Regional Championships Set!
Friday: Yorktown @ Stone Bridge
Saturday: Oakton @ Westfield

Date: November 16, 2012 11:58PM

I love being right on the Oakton game, but Steve how can you say that the D6 game doesn't make for a good championship? Would yor thoughts have been different if CVille was in it? Oakton is a different team now and it should still be a good game to watch.

Date: November 17, 2012 12:17AM

another thought Wrote:
> I love being right on the Oakton game, but Steve
> how can you say that the D6 game doesn't make for
> a good championship? Would yor thoughts have been
> different if CVille was in it? Oakton is a
> different team now and it should still be a good
> game to watch.

I thought the one team that had a shot at Westfield, be it a small shot, was Chantilly. I went and watched Westfield demolish Centreville 3 weeks ago, and I did not think that would be a very good rematch.

With Oakton, while they have a respectable defense, I do not think they can score enough points on Westfield's D to hang with them. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's a great game, but I think Westfield will win very comfortably.

Date: November 17, 2012 01:07AM

fair enough. I too think Oakton's nice regional run will come to an end as Westfield is the team to beat and should be heavily favored. I think it will be more interesting than people think though as Oakton's roster is mostly healthy, the defense is rejuvenated and mixed up to where scouting it can be difficult, offense can put up points (but slowing the pace is what helps them). The score should be a lot better than last time. Gotta love Concorde football!!!

What are people's thoughts on SB vs Yorktown? Two undefeated teams and personally I would love to see SB be taken down a peg or two. See you all at Westfield next week!

Date: November 17, 2012 01:45AM

The Oakton vs Westfield regular season game was good. Oakton had some turnover issues and gave up a few huge plays, but they moved the ball well. I think it is gonna be a great regional final.

Date: November 17, 2012 07:55AM

Centreville should have won this game. Should have put it away early. Their defense was playing very well, and for the most part so was the offense, although they couldn't punch it it. They were taking it 60 or 70 yards every drive, but the two missed field goals were key. They weren't getting their big plays from Turner or Nickens-yzer. But still should have won this game.

Posted by: NRfan ()
Date: November 17, 2012 08:09AM

Both Regional finals will be jokes! Westfield will destroy Oakton and SB against Yorktown even worse. Centreville dominated the game last night BUT missed 3 Field Goals and had 2 TDs called back on penalties. Oakton is no better now than they were in the regular season.

Yorktown is the most over rated team in the area, they beat up on National District teams, but now, welcome to the big time. SB will dominate Yorktown on defense, Yorktown will not score until SB calls the dogs off.

Posted by: However,,,,, ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:06AM

You can dominate all you want, but if you can't stop a supposedly not so good team (which is what you implied) that has to go 60 yards in two minutes with no time outs, then you didn't dominate when it counted. And if Oakton is no better than they were previously, does that mean that Centreville is worse than they were in the regular season, because Centreville blew them out in the second half before? We all know that the Concorde is tough. Look at past history. Just because one team beat another in the regular season doesn't mean it's a given that the same thing will happen in the playoffs. That's why it's so much fun to watch.

Posted by: The man ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:13AM

As much as we all want competitive region finals, both games will be blowouts.

Posted by: again... ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:36AM

So we all kept hearing how Westfield was going to destroy Chantilly and how CVille was going to carve up Oakton. Neither happened. And now the naysayers think it's a fluke and that Westfield will beat the brakes off of Oakton and SB to Yorktown. Its playoff football people, anything can happen. If anyone saw the first Westfield/Oakton game, 3 or 4 plays killed Oakton. They have really changed their look around and momentum is on their side. Not saying they are going to win, but saying it will be more competitive than people think. Be ready to eat crow instead of turkey for Thanksgiving.

Posted by: Bulldawg ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:43AM

Westfield fan here. The NR Championship game will be a good one. Nobody at Westfield is sleeping easy on Oakton, or for that matter, any Concorde opponent. All these teams are good and all of them can win anytime. Westfield game last night was odd. It was 34-7 going into the 4th and Westfield was in complete control. But Chantilly kept coming and the Westfield D, as can happen, let them back in. Romine was hot and cold and threw 3 costly picks (really 4----a 4th int was called back on a defensive penalty). Looking forward to a good game on Championship Saturday.

Posted by: BeRealPlease ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:44AM

Correction, C'Ville missed one FG. Missed another but a penalty was called and they scored there first TD (bonus) and had one Extra Point blocked. So if all were made the game would have been tied....3+3+1 - 7 = 0. BTW, keep underestimating Oakton. Fuel baby, and any biased unrealistic C'Ville fan should relinquish posting here, your season is over, respect the game. Coulda Woulda Shoulda doesn't matter.

Date: November 17, 2012 10:18AM

I totally agree that both NR finals should be blowouts.

Wesfield-Oakton
Living in NR now, I'm a big fan of Concorde and am not surprised that 2 Concordes are left after 12 games. No disrespect to Oakton, but W'field should come out sky high and find multiple ways to win as they have all year. W'field's O gets on track, 31-21.

SB-Yorktown
Seeing SB-Broad Run in early season made us believers. SB has power and balance on a par with VA's best D6 teams, including w'field and O.Smith. From what I saw, this is a better team than SB usually sends to states--more speed + passing game. SB will dictate to Yorktown, someting like 42-14.

NRfan Wrote:
> Both Regional finals will be jokes! Westfield
> will destroy Oakton and SB against Yorktown even
> worse. Centreville dominated the game last night
> BUT missed 3 Field Goals and had 2 TDs called back
> on penalties. Oakton is no better now than they
> were in the regular season.
>
> Yorktown is the most over rated team in the area,
> they beat up on National District teams, but now,
> welcome to the big time. SB will dominate Yorktown
> on defense, Yorktown will not score until SB calls
> the dogs off.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: November 17, 2012 11:29AM

Bulldawg Wrote:

> Westfield game last night
> was odd. It was 34-7 going into the 4th and
> Westfield was in complete control.

Agreed on the score and control going into the 4th, but I didn't think the score reflected the game.

The strangest play of the game wasn't a play at all, it was Chantilly's gift of a timeout just before the half. Gave Westfield get an extra try to score a TD rather than have to settle for a FG. 4 pts down the timeout drain.

Take back the bad interceptions and the timeout - it's about even going into halftime instead of Westfield up by 20.

> But Chantilly
> kept coming and the Westfield D, as can happen,
> let them back in.

Two things -
Wasn't just the D. Was also the turnover on the kickoff that gave Chantilly the ball. Westfield was set up for an onside & Chantilly kicker did a nice job of placing the kick.

Westfield was in "prevent" defense a lot of the 4th. Chantilly took advantage of it with essentially a 2 minute drill the entire quarter. As long as Chantilly went for 8-10 yard runs/short out patterns they moved, but any time they called a longer pass, Romine had no one to throw to.

> Romine was hot and cold and
> threw 3 costly picks (really 4----a 4th int was
> called back on a defensive penalty).

One of the picks wasn't Romine's fault at all. Bounced off the receiver's hands right to a Westfield defender. The other ones though were really forced...

> Looking
> forward to a good game on Championship Saturday.

Posted by: Bill Renner ()
Date: November 17, 2012 03:40PM

But we lost in the state championship and my system absolutely does not work in North Carolina. Anyone have a D1 QB to send me?

Date: November 17, 2012 08:04PM

BeRealPlease Wrote:
> Correction, C'Ville missed one FG. Missed another
> but a penalty was called and they scored there
> first TD (bonus) and had one Extra Point blocked.
> So if all were made the game would have been
> tied....3+3+1 - 7 = 0. BTW, keep underestimating
> Oakton. Fuel baby, and any biased unrealistic
> C'Ville fan should relinquish posting here, your
> season is over, respect the game. Coulda Woulda
> Shoulda doesn't matter.

14-13 with the emphasis on 13. If centreville hit even one of those field goals then cville would have won. And two terrible calls, one called back a TD and the other a 25 yard gain. They turned it over both times on the next play. I said cville should have won this game, but they didn't. Congrats to Oakton. Downer has ice in his veins. Playoff football. But the bottom line: cville had chances but didn't take them. Oakton took advantage.

Date: November 18, 2012 12:53AM

Yorktown isn’t the area’s most overrated team. That award goes to LB, self-explanatory. Look to C’ville for 2nd place. Why? After going to UVA in 2011, the young 2012 team got some wins. Great, but then people started hyping and predicting a return to NR finals. You forgot how C’ville struggled vs. the weak Nat'l teams you say Yorktown dominates. C’ville, at home, had to squeak by Mt. Vernon, 30-22, and needed OT to beat Hayfield 17-16. Likewise, C’Ville beat Concorde outlier Herndon 14-0 and was only up 7-0 in the fourth. Despite these performances, you expected C’Ville to make the NR final. Amazing. Execute, don’t explain-a-cute why you lost. W/o the 2 charity events from WestPo, it was a 6-4 year and that included home games vs. the 4th and 5th place teams in the Nat'l. So C'ville wins the silver medal in the most overrated category.

What about SB-Yorktown? It’s more about how good SB is, not as much about whether Yorktown is overrated. SB has ESPN top 40 players, balance, strength, size, speed, coaching, home field and a tradition of going to states. It waxed everybody, including 2 Concorde teams. Does that make the Concorde a joke, too? Of course not. Yorktown is small and lacks depth. Yet having seen SB beat TJ 42-7 and Yorktown beat TJ 37-7, I can see why the 6 coaches posting on allmetsports.com rank SB at the top and Yorktown around #10. SB’s win yesterday over Langley and Yorktown’s 48-28 beating of SoCo confirms the rankings. BTW, the Soco team Yorktown just crushed came within 28-21 of beating the NR-D6 finalist that eliminated overhyped C’ville.

You say these things are jokes? People want to see if Oakton can hang w/W'field and if Yorktown can put up more fight vs SB than the Concorde or any other team did.

NRfan Wrote:
> Both Regional finals will be jokes! Westfield
> will destroy Oakton and SB against Yorktown even
> worse. Centreville dominated the game last night
> BUT missed 3 Field Goals and had 2 TDs called back
> on penalties. Oakton is no better now than they
> were in the regular season.
>
> Yorktown is the most over rated team in the area,
> they beat up on National District teams, but now,
> welcome to the big time. SB will dominate Yorktown
> on defense, Yorktown will not score until SB calls
> the dogs off.

Posted by: Why.. ()
Date: November 18, 2012 03:09AM

Why do people on this board constantly say, "Well if this and this didn't happen, then actually it was a good game", or "If we just woulda done this instead of that, we would have won." The fact of the matter is that those plays did happen, those play calls, interceptions, field goal attempts, and everything that occurred did so for a reason. It happened because it's a direct reflection of the team, stop wasting your time trying to explain why it's not.

Posted by: Centreville isn't that overrated ()
Date: November 18, 2012 04:14PM

But Centreville beat Chantilly and Oakton (about a week or two ago) though, and Chantilly had very close games with Westfield. So, Centreville isn't overrated as they seem. As for Braddock, you have a point though. However, next year they'll much better than they were this year.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: November 18, 2012 04:28PM

GridIron1 Wrote:
> Look to C’ville for 2nd place. ... You forgot how C’ville
> struggled vs. the weak Nat'l teams you say
> Yorktown dominates. C’ville, at home, had to
> squeak by Mt. Vernon, 30-22, and needed OT to beat
> Hayfield 17-16. Likewise, C’Ville beat Concorde
> outlier Herndon 14-0 and was only up 7-0 in the
> fourth. Despite these performances, you expected
> C’Ville to make the NR final. Amazing. Execute,
> don’t explain-a-cute why you lost. W/o the 2
> charity events from WestPo, it was a 6-4 year and
> that included home games vs. the 4th and 5th place
> teams in the Nat'l. So C'ville wins the silver
> medal in the most overrated category.

You make an excellent case in hindsight - but I was seeing them put up 45 against Chantilly and 49 against Oakton late in the season and I thought they were getting it together. I was at the regular season Oakton-Centreville game - that second half was total beat-down by Centreville. But I suppose it could be argued they really lost that game against Hayfield.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 04:29PM by newgatedenizen.

Date: November 18, 2012 06:08PM

newgatedenizen:

Yeah, I'm with you about how C'ville looked vs. 'Tilly after being down 17-0 early. They came back strong in the second half on both sides of the ball. In the end, this year is another reminder that it's tough to get out the NR.

Will be routing for the underdogs on Fri and Sat.

------------

newgatedenizen wrote:
but
You make an excellent case in hindsight - but I was seeing them put up 45 against Chantilly and 49 against Oakton late in the season and I thought they were getting it together. I was at the regular season Oakton-Centreville game - that second half was total beat-down by Centreville. But I suppose it could be argued they really lost that game against Hayfield.

------------------------------------------------------
> GridIron1 Wrote:
> -----
> > Look to C’ville for 2nd place. ... You forgot
> how C’ville
> > struggled vs. the weak Nat'l teams you say
> > Yorktown dominates. C’ville, at home, had to
> > squeak by Mt. Vernon, 30-22, and needed OT to
> beat
> > Hayfield 17-16. Likewise, C’Ville beat
> Concorde
> > outlier Herndon 14-0 and was only up 7-0 in the
> > fourth. Despite these performances, you
> expected
> > C’Ville to make the NR final. Amazing.
> Execute,
> > don’t explain-a-cute why you lost. W/o the 2
> > charity events from WestPo, it was a 6-4 year
> and
> > that included home games vs. the 4th and 5th
> place
> > teams in the Nat'l. So C'ville wins the silver
> > medal in the most overrated category.
>
>

Date: November 18, 2012 06:37PM

The heck with the underdogs, lets root for the B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NR finals
Date: November 18, 2012 07:06PM

Was thinking about next round and here is what came to mind. What do you all think?

D6, Wesfield-Oakton: Living in NR now, it's easy to understand why 2 Concordes are left after 12 games. No disrespect to Oakton, but W'field will come out sky high in a quest to repeat. The O will click. W'field, 31-21.

D5, SB-Yorktown: The SB-Broad Run game made me believe. SB has power and balance equal to VA's best D6s, including O.Smith. This is a better team than SB usually sends to states--more speed + passing. SB will dictate to a Yorktown team that in any other year would probably advance, 42-14.

Elsewhere D6:
NWR: Hylton will repeat reg season 35-16W over CForge, but congrats to CForge for beating SJ last week.
CR: Bird's tough win over Hermy gets it ready to edge Varina.
ER: Battle of unbeatens is O.Smith's 9th straight reg final. Does it have enough left (after tough W v. Salem) to handle Ocean Lakes?

Elsewhere D5:
NWR: N. Stafford's only L was 7-0 to D6NWR finalist CForge. They will repeat reg season 3TD win over Mtn View. Wants to avoid repeat 1pt loss to Phoebus.
CR: Battle of 3-loss teams but Hanover played D6 finalist Varina to 21-20 and should nip Hopewell.
ER: Unbeatens. Lake Taylor could surprise Phoebus, which just had to play tough Hampton in 2 of its last 3 games.

Date: November 18, 2012 07:15PM

I got your back, NR Fan, and am cheering W'field all the way. They give NR the best chance vs. teams left such as Bird (CR) and O.Smith and Ocean Lakes (ER). Same thing for SB in D5. Not sure Oakton or Yorktown can win 2 games @ states despite Oakton's solid play the last 2 weeks and Yorktown's speed. Both have had good years but I'm talking about who can win 3 more games, 1 at a time of course!

NRFan Wrote:
> The heck with the underdogs, lets root for the
> B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: LB Cry Baby ()
Date: November 19, 2012 11:39AM

Did you have fun watching "Centerville Smash Oakton". Oh yea, I guess that didn't happen.

LB Parent Wrote:
> It was a tough loss, but LB got outcoached and
> outplayed. It will be fun to watch Centreville
> smash Oakton. I bet they beat them by 30.

Date: November 20, 2012 08:31AM

Having seen Oakton squeak by SoCo, I'm changing my prediction for the NR-D5 final. Below I posted that it SB would blowout Yorktown but not anymore. See the clip. Yorktown blew away SoCo. Yorktown had leads of 34-7 and 41-14 before it ended 48-28. Now, I'm thinking that Friday's game will be something like 35-21 or 35-28 SB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAVPDV6grbg

EasternVaFan Wrote:
> I totally agree that both NR finals should be
> blowouts.
>
> Wesfield-Oakton
> Living in NR now, I'm a big fan of Concorde and am
> not surprised that 2 Concordes are left after 12
> games. No disrespect to Oakton, but W'field should
> come out sky high and find multiple ways to win as
> they have all year. W'field's O gets on track,
> 31-21.
>
> SB-Yorktown
> Seeing SB-Broad Run in early season made us
> believers. SB has power and balance on a par with
> VA's best D6 teams, including w'field and O.Smith.
> From what I saw, this is a better team than SB
> usually sends to states--more speed + passing
> game. SB will dictate to Yorktown, someting like
> 42-14.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> NRfan Wrote:
> -----
> > Both Regional finals will be jokes! Westfield
> > will destroy Oakton and SB against Yorktown
> even
> > worse. Centreville dominated the game last
> night
> > BUT missed 3 Field Goals and had 2 TDs called
> back
> > on penalties. Oakton is no better now than they
> > were in the regular season.
> >
> > Yorktown is the most over rated team in the
> area,
> > they beat up on National District teams, but
> now,
> > welcome to the big time. SB will dominate
> Yorktown
> > on defense, Yorktown will not score until SB
> calls
> > the dogs off.

Date: November 20, 2012 09:25AM

Both finals could be closer than we think. Oakton's D has given up 13 pts in each of the past 2 games. If they come to play Fri, then it could be anybody's game. We just saw what can happen if Downer has a chance late. As for D5, looking at the clip you posted, Yorktown is better than I thought on both sides of the ball. Now looking at their sched, they beat Hayfield worse than C'Ville did, they beat Herndon as bad as anybody did, they beat TJ 37-7 while SB beat TJ 42-7 and they beat SoCo much worse than Oakton did.

EasternVaFan Wrote:
> Having seen Oakton squeak by SoCo, I'm changing my
> prediction for the NR-D5 final. Below I posted
> that it SB would blowout Yorktown but not
> anymore. See the clip. Yorktown blew away SoCo.
> Yorktown had leads of 34-7 and 41-14 before it
> ended 48-28. Now, I'm thinking that Friday's game
> will be something like 35-21 or 35-28 SB.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAVPDV6grbg
>
> > EasternVaFan Wrote:
> -----
> > I totally agree that both NR finals should be
> > blowouts.
> >
> > Wesfield-Oakton
> > Living in NR now, I'm a big fan of Concorde and
> am
> > not surprised that 2 Concordes are left after
> 12
> > games. No disrespect to Oakton, but W'field
> should
> > come out sky high and find multiple ways to win
> as
> > they have all year. W'field's O gets on track,
> > 31-21.
> >
> > SB-Yorktown
> > Seeing SB-Broad Run in early season made us
> > believers. SB has power and balance on a par
> with
> > VA's best D6 teams, including w'field and
> O.Smith.
> > From what I saw, this is a better team than SB
> > usually sends to states--more speed + passing
> > game. SB will dictate to Yorktown, someting
> like
> > 42-14.
> >
> >
> > NRfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Both Regional finals will be jokes!
> Westfield
> > > will destroy Oakton and SB against Yorktown
> > even
> > > worse. Centreville dominated the game last
> > night
> > > BUT missed 3 Field Goals and had 2 TDs called
> > back
> > > on penalties. Oakton is no better now than
> they
> > > were in the regular season.
> > >
> > > Yorktown is the most over rated team in the
> > area,
> > > they beat up on National District teams, but
> > now,
> > > welcome to the big time. SB will dominate
> > Yorktown
> > > on defense, Yorktown will not score until SB
> > calls
> > > the dogs off.

Posted by: LB Parent ()
Date: November 20, 2012 09:29AM

I'll admit that Centreville got outplayed and outcoached by Oakton, but Westfield is going to smash Oakton by 30.

Posted by: really...talent ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:00AM

Oakton - 34
Westfield - 21

Yorktown - 17
Stonebridge - 35

Date: November 20, 2012 10:06AM

Yorktown will not be able to get those runs to the outside on SB's D. I do though think that Yorktown can pass on them if they roll out their QB. SB's D is much better than Yorktown has faced. Yorktown better not run the 3-4 D. Patrick O'Conner ran for 197 against them in the first round. TJ had several passes dropped from receivers wide open. I would like to see a good game.

Date: November 20, 2012 11:16AM

Agree w/KeepitReal. Nobody has moved the ball on SB and Yorktown will have trouble, too. If Burns is good, then Yorktown will have trouble on D, too. Nobody has come close to SB and Yorktown is next. Was at the TJ game and saw that Yorktown plays with heart, but lacks size, depth and special teams. TJ got good field position and you can't do that w/SB. Saw the WaPo piece about Yorktown but one player featured didn't play v. TJ then ran over SoCo. So maybe they and Oakton have enough to keep the games close.
KeepitReal Wrote:
> Yorktown will not be able to get those runs to the
> outside on SB's D. I do though think that
> Yorktown can pass on them if they roll out their
> QB. SB's D is much better than Yorktown has
> faced. Yorktown better not run the 3-4 D.
> Patrick O'Conner ran for 197 against them in the
> first round. TJ had several passes dropped from
> receivers wide open. I would like to see a good
> game.

Posted by: what happened??? ()
Date: November 21, 2012 08:21AM

Can someone tell me what happened to McLean this year, didn't get to see any games because of I was away at school and people tell me mixed things. Played there 2 years ago and it seemed we were on the way up and we had a good senior year with a good freshman and JV squads. I know Coach Patrick got a new job and all, but looking at some of the scores of the games it seems we should have done better. Were guys injured or something?

Can someone tell me the times of the games this week too and where they are at?

Posted by: Bulldawg ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:50PM

Stonebridge vs. Yorktown Friday at 1:30 PM @ Stonebridge

Westfield vs. Oakton Saturday at 1:30 PM @ Westfield

Date: November 21, 2012 05:20PM

Wapo just posted a story about the NR finals. Amazing that SB has held 8 teams to 1 TD or less. Props to all 4 teams--W'field and Yorktown for making it a 2nd staight year, SB for making it an incredibl 7th time in 8 years and Oakton for pulling 2 upsets to make it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/northern-region-football-finals-yorktown-stone-bridge-oakton-westfield-vie-for-state-berths/2012/11/21/7a1851ce-33f9-11e2-9cfa-e41bac906cc9_story.html

Bulldawg Wrote:
> Stonebridge vs. Yorktown Friday at 1:30 PM @
> Stonebridge
>
> Westfield vs. Oakton Saturday at 1:30 PM @
> Westfield

Posted by: Surprising Score ()
Date: November 23, 2012 05:44PM

Stone Bridge defeated Yorktown 69-50.

Posted by: D-fence ()
Date: November 23, 2012 05:57PM

Stone Bridge will always prove, even when it's 69-50, that defense wins championships.

Date: November 23, 2012 06:05PM

Just got back from a great shooout in Ashburn. SB was down 29-28 in the 3rd after Yorktown blocked a 2 point PAT attempt but then went on a tear. Based on what I saw today, SB will push around CR champ next week and handle the ER-NWR winner @ UVA. Seriously great line play on O and D from SB. Props to Yorktown; by half, they'd scored more on SB than anybody had all year. SB too strong.

Surprising Score Wrote:
> Stone Bridge defeated Yorktown 69-50.

Date: November 23, 2012 06:56PM

Yes, SB-Yorktown 69-50 was a great--big scoring and momentum swings. Reminded me of the '07 W'field--W. Springfield NR final when Glennon and Rehner were the QB: 58-34. W'field went onto title that year with all kinds of players on that team. Today, SB showed it had plenty of good players, too. Its D played great in the 2nd half and that's what it took to beat a Yorktown team that can score off anybody. SB all the way this year.

EasternVaFan Wrote:
> Just got back from a great shooout in Ashburn. SB
> was down 29-28 in the 3rd after Yorktown blocked a
> 2 point PAT attempt but then went on a tear. Based
> on what I saw today, SB will push around CR champ
> next week and handle the ER-NWR winner @ UVA.
> Seriously great line play on O and D from SB.
> Props to Yorktown; by half, they'd scored more on
> SB than anybody had all year. SB too strong.
>
>
>
> Surprising Score Wrote:
> -----
> > Stone Bridge defeated Yorktown 69-50.

Pages: Previous12345678910AllNext
Current Page: 8 of 10

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.