HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: High School Football 2023
Posted by: CavsOnTop ()
Date: October 02, 2023 08:28PM

Another strong showing from Aidan Dash and Vin Derosa despite the loss. I’ve been trying to tell you guys, this duo is scary. They were able to keep up with a very talented Lake Braddock team, the game was a lot closer than the score shows. From this point on, I don’t expect the cavs to lose another game. They’re going to cause a lot of trouble come playoff time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: klpyu ()
Date: October 02, 2023 09:14PM

Westfield Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

If Westfield can slow the game down and not turn the ball over, they can beat Madison.

HCHSB Wrote:
> Have to disagree, Madison is a well oiled machine

Westfield would need to have some unusual situations develop to beat Madison. Like last season versus South County. Westfield is decent this year and their defense is good enough. But they have no running game. You are not going to beat Madison being one-dimensional. Madison will win by 2-3 TDs. Or more if they get rolling.

Posted by: HCYSG ()
Date: October 03, 2023 06:27AM

Have to agree you can’t beat Madison being one dimensional, they will game plan all week for it and shut it down

Posted by: JNNHT ()
Date: October 03, 2023 07:49AM

@parentof 2 said it was "Counts vs. Simmons"...

No, really it is whoever Simmons has as defensive and offensive coordinators up against James Madison's Ray Gordon(DC) and Tim Hecht(OC).

Posted by: HCYSV ()
Date: October 03, 2023 02:44PM

Lmao Mickey basically admits to recruiting https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-sNHADlcg

Posted by: Bumpppp ()
Date: October 05, 2023 06:27AM

Spam bump

Posted by: Warhawks2024 ()
Date: October 05, 2023 06:36AM

Go Warhawks!

Posted by: excited! ()
Date: October 05, 2023 05:43PM

Yorktown McLean should live up to Co-Game of the week honors. Can McLean beat a competent team? excited for this one…

Posted by: Fcps News Er ()
Date: October 06, 2023 08:35AM

Will Oakton finally prove themselves and beat west po????

Posted by: HFUSB ()
Date: October 06, 2023 12:33PM

I’d give Oakton about a 15% chance to beat West Po

Posted by: Summary ()
Date: October 06, 2023 01:24PM

Fcps News Er Wrote:
> Will Oakton finally prove themselves and beat west
> po????

Beating WP will prove nothing.

Sadly, WP is not a good team.

Posted by: Hmmm… ()
Date: October 06, 2023 09:33PM

Barn burner at Westfield, down to the wire…

FINAL
James Madison 28
Westfield 24

Posted by: Highlanders Cover ()
Date: October 06, 2023 09:36PM

McLean 7, Yorktown 3

Posted by: Generals in Command ()
Date: October 06, 2023 09:41PM

W-L 52
Marshall 26

Posted by: vuttt ()
Date: October 06, 2023 10:05PM

Hmmm… Wrote:
> Barn burner at Westfield, down to the wire…
>
> FINAL
> James Madison 28
> Westfield 24

That was really well played game by both teams. No turnovers. How is Madison 7-0? They looked like a much better team and nearly gave the game away. I don't think Madison will make it to states this year unless they kick it up a notch. They are definitely not the dominant team they have been the previous 3 seasons. Methinks area football has taken a step down this season.

Posted by: Hs ran ()
Date: October 06, 2023 10:13PM

Herndon 21 chantilly 14

Posted by: Hammer Hawk ()
Date: October 06, 2023 10:47PM

Hayfield 10, Edison 24

Posted by: NorthernRegionGuy ()
Date: October 06, 2023 10:57PM

West Potomac 43
Oakton 14

Posted by: Dallas ()
Date: October 06, 2023 10:57PM

Falls Church 0
Mt. Vernon 35

Posted by: Hclhdlut ()
Date: October 06, 2023 11:09PM

Justice 14, Annandale 12

Posted by: TJ Fails ()
Date: October 06, 2023 11:17PM

Lewis 41, TJ 10

Posted by: M6KBK ()
Date: October 07, 2023 08:37AM

vuttt Wrote:
> Hmmm… Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Barn burner at Westfield, down to the wire…
> >
> > FINAL
> > James Madison 28
> > Westfield 24
>
>
> That was really well played game by both teams.
> No turnovers. How is Madison 7-0? They looked
> like a much better team and nearly gave the game
> away. I don't think Madison will make it to
> states this year unless they kick it up a notch.
> They are definitely not the dominant team they
> have been the previous 3 seasons. Methinks area
> football has taken a step down this season.

Madison is still a very good team, it is just that Westfield has improved tremendously when compared to the teams they have fielded the past 3 years. Madison looked better in that they were able to get many more big plays, whereas Westfield gained ground in smaller chunks. Overall it was a very even game but Madison used Cord Yates very well. Knicely got his turn to make plays but Yates was more important last night. The Westfield defense is easily also one of the better defenses in this area, except that the pass coverage is vulnerable to very good receivers-which is exactly why Madison won last night. Both teams executed exceptionally well last night.

Region D only has a few teams at that level, notably South County and perhaps West Springfield. Then maybe Lake Braddock. So Madison getting to the state final is still very much in the cards. If Westfield continues to play like they did last night and can tighten up the passing defense they are in the same discussion.

Posted by: HDYCH ()
Date: October 07, 2023 09:38AM

Speaking of West Springfield, how was Robinson able to keep that game so close?

Posted by: Spartan Faithful ()
Date: October 07, 2023 09:53AM

We turned the ball over inside our own 10 yard line twice which lead to Robinson TDs, took a safety on a high punt snap, and had around 5 pass interference penalties. Also had two TDs called back and our qb got hurt. Robinson should have won with how bad we played.

Posted by: HDYSB ()
Date: October 07, 2023 10:07AM

I looked at the final score and was like wtf, but that explains it

Date: October 07, 2023 10:33AM

Hammer Hawk Wrote:
> Hayfield 10, Edison 24

I was at the game and I just want to say Edison beat us in every aspect of the game. We were out played and out coached. Aziz is as good as gone if the Robinson job opens up and Hayfield just looked flat out awful. I am not looking forward to playing Mt. V this week.

Posted by: Ssstttoooppp!!! ()
Date: October 07, 2023 11:35AM

Hammer Hawk Wrote:
> Hammer Hawk Wrote:
> -----
> > Hayfield 10, Edison 24
>
> I was at the game and I just want to say Edison
> beat us in every aspect of the game. We were out
> played and out coached. Aziz is as good as gone if
> the Robinson job opens up and Hayfield just looked
> flat out awful. I am not looking forward to
> playing Mt. V this week.

ENOUGH!!! Robinson is not hiring Aziz in this dimension or any other alternate dimension. If he can’t win in the National district, what makes you think he has a chance in the Patriot? Losing to Edison is a disaster for the school, it was the one thing they had going from year to year. Now it’s dead.

Posted by: RamNation ()
Date: October 07, 2023 12:38PM

Robinson can’t fire the coach after a year. That would make the administration admit publicly that they made a mistake. The candidates were poor last time and would probably only get worse.

Posted by: Class 5 ()
Date: October 07, 2023 02:21PM

Anyone have the Class 5 power point standings?

Week 6 Results
Posted by: parentof2 ()
Date: October 08, 2023 10:18AM

Not a very good week for me personally, but that's not what matters. I stepped outside and it's very cold meaning fall has made it's presence and before you know it, we will be talking playoff football.

1. Annandale (-15) @ Stuart
- I should've known this was a trap game for Annandale as JEB beat them last year. Well, they also beat them again this year, 14-12. Congrats to JEB on their first win of the year.

2. Fairfax (-24) @ Woodson
- Fairfax won 42-21, narrowly missing the cover.

3. Falls Church @ Mount Vernon (-28)
- To answer my own question, no, Falls Church didn't score this week. The Majors won 35-0 and the Jags now have 6 points in 7 games, including 6 shutouts. Yikes.

4. Freedom-Woodbridge (-50) @ Colgan
- Freedom won and covered, 66-0. Not as bad as last year.

5. Hayfield (-3) @ Edison
- Edison prevails 24-10, winning their first game in this series since 1989(!) More importantly, the loss currently has Hayfield on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs.

6. Herndon (-8) @ Chantilly
- Herndon won 21-14, another cover that narrowly missed.

7. Madison (-7) @ Westfield
- Didn't get a chance to watch this one and I'm kicking myself in the butt about it. Thanks to those who posted a slight summary on the game. Madison won 28-24, but from what I have read, it was back and forth the whole game and it could've went either way. If anyone can elaborate any further, please feel free to do so.

8. Potomac Falls @ Stone Bridge (-24)
- Stone Bridge blanked Potomac Falls 50-0. Back to the regular scheduled programming for the Bulldogs.

9. Robinson @ West Springfield (-28)
- The Spartans won 27-21, I was surprised it was this close but after reading a post on here regarding the game, it's easy to see why. Looks like the Rams are getting a little better.

10. T.C. Williams @ South County (-30)
- South County won and covered, 32-0.

11. Thomas Jefferson @ Lee (-6)
- Lee with the big Homecoming win, 41-10. Lee now has 2 wins (TJ and Park View) and believe it or not, that's good enough for them to currently hold the 8th seed in the playoffs.

12. Wakefield @ Langley (-28)
- Langley won and covered, 45-9.

13. Washington-Lee (-17) @ Marshall
- W&L gets the road win 52-26, although I must say I am a little surprised they gave up that many points to Marshall.

14. West Potomac (-14) @ Oakton
- West Potomac gets the easy win, 43-14.

15. Yorktown @ McLean (-3)
- McLean wins a thriller, 7-3. First win for the Highlanders against Yorktown since 1996. This McLean team is the story of the year thus far. Unbelievable what how far they have come over there as a program from a few years ago.

Week 7
Date: October 08, 2023 10:21AM

We have some changes to the power point standings after last week’s slate. Most notably, Robinson and Hayfield are out in Region C and Mount Vernon and Lee have replaced them. I have long said that VHSL needs to put Region C and Region D together and make it how it used to be. Too many teams are making the playoffs and it makes for a watered down product. Just my opinion.

Region C:
1. Lake Braddock (30.17)
2. South County (28.43)
3. West Springfield (27.83)
4. Edison (27.33)
5. Fairfax (26.00)
6. West Potomac (23.83)
7. Mount Vernon (22.57)
8. Lee (22.17)

Region D:
1. Madison (32.57)
2. McLean (32.00)
3. South Lakes (30.33)
4. Washington-Lee (29.00)
5. Herndon (27.29)
6. Westfield (26.67)
7. Langley (26.57)
8. Yorktown (24.43)

Now to Week 7, hopefully I have a better week myself. Quite a few teams are on a bye this week so there’s not as many games but good luck to all teams who will be competing this weekend!

1. Centreville @ Westfield (-21)
- In previous years this would’ve been must-see tv but the Wildcats just aren’t fielding a good team this year. Westfield on the other hand just went punch for punch with Madison. Give me Westfield big at home.

2. Edison (-27) @ Annandale
- The National District Championship is now Edison’s to lose. Looking for them to go on the road and dominate Annandale who still might be a little high off their first win of the year.

3. Freedom-Woodbridge (-45) @ Woodbridge
- The Eagles will continue to roll. I may start trying to predict how many points they will give up each week as it’s surely going to be less than 10.

4. Langley @ Yorktown (-6)
- Co-game of the week. Langley is currently the 7th seed and Yorktown is the 8th, so the loser will be knocked out of the playoffs for the time being. Last year, Langley won in the regular season before Yorktown ended their season in the first round of the playoffs. I’m expecting a competitive game here. I think Yorktown wins and moves to 5-3 on the year and the loss would make Langley 5-3 and things in the Liberty would get a lot more interesting.

5. Lightridge @ Stone Bridge (-30)
- We saw Lightridge stun Langley earlier this year, but I’m expecting Stone Bridge to continue to dominate Loudoun County competition. Bulldogs win big at home in their Homecoming game.

6. Marshall (-24) @ Wakefield
- Impressed with the 26 points Marshall hung on W&L and surely they will face less resistance against Wakefield even if it’s on the road. Marshall wins big.

7. McLean @ Herndon (-3)
- Game of the week. Also for the record, this is Homecoming for Herndon so the game will be played Saturday afternoon, per tradition. I really like that tradition, but I digress. McLean puts their undefeated record to the test against 5-2 Herndon. I give Herndon the nod in this one given they have played the tougher schedule and they have the Homecoming crowd advantage, but honestly I can see it going either way. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Highlanders move to 7-0. This is going to be a really good game, may have it on the tablet during CFB Saturday.

8. Mount Vernon @ Hayfield (-3)
- Tough loss for Hayfield last week and they are essentially fighting for their playoff lives. The Majors will have the athletic advantage but I think they will run out of gas late in front of the Hawks Homecoming crowd. Give me Hayfield in a close, hard fought game BUT I wouldn’t be surprised if the Edison loss sucked all of the life out of Hayfield and Mount Vernon wins. Big time playoff implications in this one and I’m expecting both teams to come out ready.

9. Oakton @ South Lakes (-38)
- Going to be a long night for the Cougars. South Lakes wins big.

10. Robinson (-3) @ Woodson
- Robinson beat West Potomac and had West Springfield down to the wire, so in my mind the Rams are improving. I think what’s really hurt the Rams more than anything is the enrollment numbers. In the early 2000’s, they were the biggest school in Virginia and their Freshman class this year had (don’t quote me on this) 500 kids or less. That’s a BIG problem for any program. I like Robinson in a close one on the road, spoiling WTW’s Homecoming in the process. I think this one will be hard fought as WTW and Robinson both surely look at this game as one that they can win.

11. Stuart @ Lee (-5)
- JEB just lost to Annandale. Can Lee make it 2 wins in a row for the first time since 2016? I would say yes, give me the Lancers at home.

12. T.C. Williams @ Lake Braddock (-27)
- Tough stretch for the Titans as they just went on the road to South County and got shut out and now they turn around and go to Burke to face the Bruins in their Homecoming game. With a loss, T.C. will fall to 0-7 on the year with maybe 1 game left they can be win. I like the Bruins big at home in this one.

13. West Springfield (-15) @ West Potomac
- The Spartans have a lot of things to correct after last week’s close call and I’m expecting them to study the Robinson film and correct the things that need to be corrected. The Spartans are definitely the better team in this one and I think they will go to Alexandria and execute their game plan and leave victorious. Going to be interesting what a West Potomac loss would do to their playoff positioning.

Re: Week 7
Posted by: HFUSH ()
Date: October 08, 2023 10:26AM

> 11. Stuart @ Lee (-5)
> - JEB just lost to Annandale. Can Lee make it 2
> wins in a row for the first time since 2016? I
> would say yes, give me the Lancers at home.

I believe you meant to say Justice just beat Annandale, I think they will also beat Lewis who is worse than Annandale

Posted by: Hmmm… ()
Date: October 08, 2023 10:32AM

@parentof2 there is a detailed write up of the James Madison/Westfield game in the Virginia Preps 6A Forum here: https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/madison-28-westfield-24.78175/

Westfield had a chance to win it on the last play of the game. They are much better than they have been the past couple of years.

ETC
Date: October 08, 2023 10:41AM

@HFUSH: Yes, you are correct. JEB did beat Annandale and they also beat Lee last year on the road. I just have a gut feeling that won't be the case this year.

@Hmmm... Thank you for that article. I have been out of town all weekend and have been unable to keep up with nearly anything HS football. I went on here before scrolling VA Preps, so thanks for the article. Sounds like a heck of a game.

Posted by: HHSFB ()
Date: October 08, 2023 11:49AM

I remember one year Lewis made the playoffs with a record of 1-9

Date: October 08, 2023 01:38PM

As someone posted earlier, Hayfield is super young this season with an inexperienced 10th grader at QB. Someone said they have freshman playing for them on varsity?

Posted by: FairfaxFootball ()
Date: October 08, 2023 02:16PM

New coaching staff at McLean came in last year, 1-9 to 6-0 is incredible.

Date: October 09, 2023 08:09AM

Oakton is currently 1-5 and their next games are madison slakes and westfield on top of that their last game against chantilly will be a close movie

Posted by: HAYCH ()
Date: October 09, 2023 11:55AM

FairfaxFootball Wrote:
> New coaching staff at McLean came in last year,
> 1-9 to 6-0 is incredible.

That really is incredible, coach of the year for sure

Posted by: Nostradamass ()
Date: October 09, 2023 08:07PM

HAYCH Wrote:
> FairfaxFootball Wrote:
> -----
> > New coaching staff at McLean came in last year,
> > 1-9 to 6-0 is incredible.
>
> That really is incredible, coach of the year for
> sure

Their non conference was Meridian, Lewis, Chantilly, and Edison. Beat Marshall by 3, Yorktown by 4. Not exactly world beaters. They won’t go undefeated with the remaining Liberty schedule.

Posted by: klxcb ()
Date: October 09, 2023 08:59PM

Quick hitting all time results and notes on the Centreville-Westfield rivalry. Always a big game even when one of the teams is down.

2001 – Centreville, 10-7 / Inaugural game
2002 – Westfield, 21-14 / Sean Glennon 14-25, 204 yds, Eddie Royal 8 catches, 101 yds
2003 – Westfield, 38-14 / Evan Royster 23 carries, 236 yds, 2 TDs
2004 – Westfield, 30-21 / Evan Royster 33 carries, 198 yds, 2 TDs
2005 – Westfield, 34-31 / Evan Royster 37 carries, 278 yds
2006 – Westfield, 27-7 / Mike Glennon 3 TD passes
2007 – Westfield, 33-0 / Mike Glennon 76 yd TD to Johnny Pickett on first play of game
2008 – Westfield, 58-40 / Danny Fenyak 14-25, 317 yds 5 TDs
2009 – Westfield, 24-7 / Bryan Monticue 30 yd TD run, Hayden Ferrington 19 TD catch
2010 – Westfield, 35-14 / Matt Pisarcik 2 TD passes, Kendall Anderson 2 TDs
2011 – Westfield, 13-10 / OT, Beau Donahue 4 yd TD fumble return, Manny Smith 167 yds rushing
2011 – Centreville 27-24 / Northern Region Championship, Connor Coward blocked FG, Ken Ekanem 2 passes broken up, interception, 4th qtr sack
2012 – Westfield 40-21 / Dalaun Richardson 274 yds rushing, 43, 91, 59 yd TDs
2013 – Centreville 28-0 / Taylor Boose 10 carries, 97 yds, Scott Walter 17 carries, 80 yds, Westfield 3 first downs
2013 – Centreville 35-14 / 6A North Region Championship, A.J. Turner 16 carries, 93 yds, Scott Walter 102 yds rushing, Taylor Boose 74 yds rushing
2014 – Westfield 42-41 / 2OT, Mason Scoville 2 TD runs in OT, Evan Gray 24 carries, 149 yds
2014 – Centreville 21-17 / 6A North Region Championship, A.J. Turner 19 carries, 140 yds, 98 yd KO return TD
2015 – Westfield 20-12 / Tyler Scanlon 17-26, 204 yds, 2 TDs
2016 - Westfield 35-0 / Rehman Johnson 7-13, 155 yds, 3 TDs
2017 – Westfield 27-11 / Noah Kim 16-22, 279 yds, 2 TDs, Eugene Asante 24 carries, 115 yds, TD
2018 – Westfield 21-0 / Noah Kim 14-22, 210 yds, TD
2019 – Westfield 42-21 / Noah Kim 12-18, 196 yds, 3 TDs, Mikal Legall 17 carries, 154 yds, 3 TDs
2021* – Westfield 19-14 / Alex Richards 90 KO return TD, Mikal Legall 22 carries, 108 yds, TD *2020 Covid game in spring 2021
2021 – Centreville 20-0 / Isaiah Ragland 33-261 yds, 2 TDs
2021 – Centreville 28-14 / 6D North Region Semi-Final, Isaiah Ragland 39-271, 3 TDs
2022 – Centreville 35-7 / Isaiah Ragland 25-194, 2 TDs
2022 – Centreville 35-6 / 6D North Region Semi-Final, Isaiah Ragland 28-227, 4 TDs

Posted by: HXHSG ()
Date: October 09, 2023 09:50PM

Nostradamass Wrote:
> HAYCH Wrote:
> -----
> > FairfaxFootball Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > New coaching staff at McLean came in last
> year,
> > > 1-9 to 6-0 is incredible.
> >
> > That really is incredible, coach of the year
> for
> > sure
>
> Their non conference was Meridian, Lewis,
> Chantilly, and Edison. Beat Marshall by 3,
> Yorktown by 4. Not exactly world beaters. They
> won’t go undefeated with the remaining Liberty
> schedule.

to go from 1-9 to 6-0 is still great

Date: October 10, 2023 02:27PM

Chantilly got a good chance in making the yoffs cuz they could probably beat cville and Oakton and go 5-5 wil probably get fucked in playoofs to Madison

Posted by: HEHCB ()
Date: October 10, 2023 04:52PM

Chantilly sucks but luckily liberty district teams are ahead of them who will eliminate each other and Chantilly may get in that way

Posted by: PowerPointWizard ()
Date: October 10, 2023 05:11PM

5-5 Chantilly will get put pointed by a 5-5 Liberty district team because shockingly the Liberty district won more non-district games than the Concorde did this year.

Posted by: HCYSV ()
Date: October 12, 2023 06:32AM

And rightfully so, they aren’t better than most liberty teams

Date: October 12, 2023 10:18PM

Oakton vs chantilly will be game of the district to see who’s the worst team

Posted by: But What If ()
Date: October 13, 2023 06:55AM

What if Chantilly beats Centreville? LOL

Posted by: CDHMY ()
Date: October 13, 2023 08:39AM

But What If Wrote:
> What if Chantilly beats Centreville? LOL

Very possible that Chantilly beats Centreville this year. That is the only game that Centreville still has a chance to win this season but I would still lean towards a Chantilly win.

Posted by: Sad CVHS booster ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:04AM

CDHMY Wrote:
> But What If Wrote:
> -----
> > What if Chantilly beats Centreville? LOL
>
>
> Very possible that Chantilly beats Centreville
> this year. That is the only game that Centreville
> still has a chance to win this season but I would
> still lean towards a Chantilly win.

Is it possible to bring Haddock back? Say what you want about Chris but at least he didn’t play “daddy ball” BS which has ruined Centreville. Shields ran off so many kids because he wanted his kids to play. Put his selfish wants over the programs needs.

Posted by: HCHAV ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:16AM

I wonder if Centreville will be the next Robinson

Posted by: wfmhw ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:21AM

Sad CVHS booster Wrote:
> CDHMY Wrote:
> -----
> > But What If Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > What if Chantilly beats Centreville? LOL
> >
> >
> > Very possible that Chantilly beats Centreville
> > this year. That is the only game that
> Centreville
> > still has a chance to win this season but I
> would
> > still lean towards a Chantilly win.
>
> Is it possible to bring Haddock back? Say what you
> want about Chris but at least he didn’t play
> “daddy ball” BS which has ruined Centreville.
> Shields ran off so many kids because he wanted his
> kids to play. Put his selfish wants over the
> programs needs.

Can we get an update on those kids who transferred?

Posted by: F3KHC ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:33AM

Centreville loosing to Chantilly will be rock bottom.

Posted by: KKHJV ()
Date: October 13, 2023 12:37PM

wfmhw Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> Can we get an update on those kids who transferred?

If you mean Bryan Resto, who is easily the most significant loss, he ended up at Mt Zion Prep and reclassified as a 2025 (he was supposed to graduate this spring). If you are asking about the two transfers from Westfield who went to Centreville in late August, one of whom should have probably been Centreville's starting QB, I was told by a very reliable source that the Centreville admin team ruled they were ineligible for paperwork reasons.

Centreville is going to struggle for several years. The FR team is not good and the JV is only average, at best. The only chance they have to regain success - and this will take a minimum of 2-3 years - is if this year's team, which is very young, gets better fast and develops some size and speed. Tall task.

Unfortunately, the Concord is a shell of what it formerly was. Used to be even the bottom dwelling team or two was no worse than 5-5 or 4-6, but those days appear to be gone. It is not because the other three districts are significantly better, it is because quality football has declined (for many different reasons).

Posted by: XENX3 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 12:56PM

You also have the OC at cvhs who’s been playing his kid at RB, daddy ball. Shields can’t say shit since he’s been doing it also. I know they lost a couple of WR’s/DB/RB and LB to private schools.

Posted by: HXYAV ()
Date: October 13, 2023 06:01PM

Lol I doubt they lost that much

Posted by: Cville 4 Life ()
Date: October 13, 2023 07:20PM

I would agree, but he isn’t the OC anymore. It’s actually another coach. They just aren’t a strong team this year especially with everyone leaving.

Date: October 13, 2023 07:22PM

Hayfield 0, Mount Vernon 0. End 1st.

Date: October 13, 2023 07:54PM

Hayfield 10, Mount Vernon 0. HT.

Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: October 13, 2023 07:57PM

Westfield is up 28-0 before halftime here in Chantilly.

Date: October 13, 2023 08:44PM

Hayfield 10, Mount Vernon 0. End 3rd.

Posted by: HCHSB ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:06PM

Robinson can never provide a live score

Date: October 13, 2023 09:14PM

Hayfield 24. Mount Vernon 0. Final.

Posted by: Arlington Guy ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:19PM

Yorktown 28, Langley 21 3rd quarter

Posted by: Great Falls Guy ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:40PM

Langley 28, Yorktown 28 4th quarter

Another lost lead for Yorktown in the making?

Posted by: Great Falls Guy ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:40PM

Langley 28, Yorktown 28 4th quarter

Another lost lead for Yorktown in the making?

Posted by: HCYSG ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:59PM

How did Robinson do? Big win for Hayfield

Posted by: Otdogoxut ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:01PM

Nope, Yorktown pulled it off 31-28. Nice rebound for the Patriots after the loss to McLean.

Posted by: fdjh3 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:16PM

Sad CVHS booster Wrote:
> CDHMY Wrote:
> -----
> > But What If Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > What if Chantilly beats Centreville? LOL
> >
> >
> > Very possible that Chantilly beats Centreville
> > this year. That is the only game that
> Centreville
> > still has a chance to win this season but I
> would
> > still lean towards a Chantilly win.
>
> Is it possible to bring Haddock back? Say what you
> want about Chris but at least he didn’t play
> “daddy ball” BS which has ruined Centreville.
> Shields ran off so many kids because he wanted his
> kids to play. Put his selfish wants over the
> programs needs.

Ah, what exactly was the problem with letting his kids play? They were/are excellent athletes and did well. The older QB has started a couple games at ODU (FCS) this season and another is on the roster at Virginia Tech (FBS). It's not exactly like they shouldn't have been playing. Maybe the younger QB should not be starting on varsity - that is true. He's talented but very small and he got hurt tonight versus Westfield. No worries though, he'll bounce back and be a first team all district QB by his senior year.

The final was Westfield 35-0 btw. Centreville has indeed had a staggering drop-off in talent.

Posted by: HDHSH ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:38PM

Chantilly will beat Centreville

Posted by: Liberty district best district? ()
Date: October 13, 2023 10:49PM

Otdogoxut Wrote:
> Nope, Yorktown pulled it off 31-28. Nice rebound
> for the Patriots after the loss to McLean.

Great game! Field goal with 1 second left in the game. Patriots called a qb run with about 10 seconds left and barely got the ball spiked off in time. Kicker drills the 35 yarder as time expires! Happy homecoming patriots!

Posted by: HDUCHS ()
Date: October 14, 2023 05:06AM

The liberty is the best district this year behind the patriot

Posted by: ^_^ ()
Date: October 14, 2023 06:36AM

I love young men ^_^

Posted by: kaboom ()
Date: October 14, 2023 07:39AM

HDUCHS Wrote:
> The liberty is the best district this year behind
> the patriot

That's just crazy talk. Madison, South Lakes and Westfield are clearly better teams than anyone in the Liberty District.

Posted by: HDDHZ ()
Date: October 14, 2023 08:06AM

Liberty district best district? Wrote:
> Otdogoxut Wrote:
> -----
> > Nope, Yorktown pulled it off 31-28. Nice
> rebound
> > for the Patriots after the loss to McLean.
>
>
> Great game! Field goal with 1 second left in the
> game. Patriots called a qb run with about 10
> seconds left and barely got the ball spiked off in
> time. Kicker drills the 35 yarder as time expires!
> Happy homecoming patriots!

Sheeeeeesh that does sound crazy

Posted by: HDUCH ()
Date: October 14, 2023 08:08AM

HCYSG Wrote:
> How did Robinson do? Big win for Hayfield

Robinson won 27-14

Date: October 14, 2023 08:08AM

Oakton lost 56-18 this shows that reguardless they are not going to be good for the next 5 years. We all thought the program improved when they were 4-0 but not Oakton is back to the same old shitty records

Posted by: Sisurdid ()
Date: October 14, 2023 08:19AM

Justice 34, Lewis 20

Posted by: HCHSB ()
Date: October 14, 2023 09:48AM

Oakton has been bad for the last 5 years and will be bad for the next 15

Posted by: RTC COUGAR ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:06AM

HCHSB Wrote:
> Oakton has been bad for the last 5 years and will
> be bad for the next 15

Take that back!

Posted by: HCHSV ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:33AM

RTC COUGAR Wrote:
> HCHSB Wrote:
> -----
> > Oakton has been bad for the last 5 years and
> will
> > be bad for the next 15
>
>
> Take that back!

Lol I have no reason to think otherwise, all the talent in that area goes to Madison

Posted by: .,.,. ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:37AM

HDDHZ Wrote:
> Liberty district best district? Wrote:
> -----
> > Otdogoxut Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Nope, Yorktown pulled it off 31-28. Nice
> > rebound
> > > for the Patriots after the loss to McLean.
> >
> >
> > Great game! Field goal with 1 second left in
> the
> > game. Patriots called a qb run with about 10
> > seconds left and barely got the ball spiked off
> in
> > time. Kicker drills the 35 yarder as time
> expires!
> > Happy homecoming patriots!
>
> Sheeeeeesh that does sound crazy

Game should have gone to overtime, Yorktown spiked it with 0 seconds on the clock

Posted by: Saturdaze ()
Date: October 14, 2023 11:08AM

Anyone gonna check out McLean/Herndon or Marshall/Wakefield today?

Date: October 14, 2023 11:12AM

Oakton is 100% not winning a game next year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2023 11:15AM by Fcps News Er.

Posted by: Donald J. Trump ()
Date: October 14, 2023 11:29AM

.,.,. Wrote:
> HDDHZ Wrote:
> -----
> > Liberty district best district? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Otdogoxut Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Nope, Yorktown pulled it off 31-28. Nice
> > > rebound
> > > > for the Patriots after the loss to McLean.
> > >
> > >
> > > Great game! Field goal with 1 second left in
> > the
> > > game. Patriots called a qb run with about 10
> > > seconds left and barely got the ball spiked
> off
> > in
> > > time. Kicker drills the 35 yarder as time
> > expires!
> > > Happy homecoming patriots!
> >
> > Sheeeeeesh that does sound crazy
>
> Game should have gone to overtime, Yorktown spiked
> it with 0 seconds on the clock

So what you are saying is the game was RIGGED and STOLEN from Langley?

Posted by: Lake Barcroft ()
Date: October 14, 2023 11:37AM

Sisurdid Wrote:
> Justice 34, Lewis 20

Make that 2 wins in a row since I made my comment!

Posted by: What… ()
Date: October 14, 2023 12:23PM

Donald J. Trump Wrote:
> .,.,. Wrote:
> -----
> > HDDHZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Liberty district best district? Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Otdogoxut Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > Nope, Yorktown pulled it off 31-28. Nice
> > > > rebound
> > > > > for the Patriots after the loss to
> McLean.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Great game! Field goal with 1 second left
> in
> > > the
> > > > game. Patriots called a qb run with about
> 10
> > > > seconds left and barely got the ball spiked
> > off
> > > in
> > > > time. Kicker drills the 35 yarder as time
> > > expires!
> > > > Happy homecoming patriots!
> > >
> > > Sheeeeeesh that does sound crazy
> >
> > Game should have gone to overtime, Yorktown
> spiked
> > it with 0 seconds on the clock
>
>
> So what you are saying is the game was RIGGED and
> STOLEN from Langley?

Simply not true! Spiked with 1 second left on the clock. Sad day to be a Saxon considering how close the game was but I just watched the livestream and that’s not true.

Posted by: HDYXH ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:07PM

Herndon and McLean tied at 14

Posted by: Arlington Football ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:11PM

Marshall is up 6-0 at Wakefield

Posted by: Lmaooooo ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:38PM

Herndon’s visitor bleachers are from the slavery era lmao they fit like 200 max

Posted by: HDHAV ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:58PM

McLean & Herndon tied at 21 at the end of the 3Q

Posted by: Arlington Football ()
Date: October 14, 2023 03:19PM

Marshall over Wakefield 21-3

Posted by: HHPQN ()
Date: October 14, 2023 03:42PM

Herndon beats McLean 31-28

Posted by: Bzzz ()
Date: October 14, 2023 03:46PM

Love those fightin’ Hornets!

Posted by: CavsOnTop ()
Date: October 14, 2023 04:44PM

Say what you think about Woodson, but this loss was not on Aidan Dash. I know he threw 3 picks, but his oline gives hime no time to get comfortable in the pocket and throw a good pass. He is also not surrounded by enough weapons. Tyson Chong needs to be benched. His sorry ass. Anyways, Dash has amazing upside however, Derosa and Sanchez cannot get the job done. When Dash is comfortable in the pocket and his receivers are on point, dare I say, he slings the rock better than Jordan Dennis. Speaking of South County, I heard that Dash went to their homecoming with a group of their players. If I was a betting man, I’d bet that this is all a ploy by Dash to get in their heads ahead of next weeks matchup. He knows everything about them now and will easily be able to manipulate the stallions defense, you heard it here first, Aidan Dash is gonna lead the Cavs past the stallions next week. Although their playoff hopes might be a lost cause, I think they can still shake up the patriot district standings in these last three weeks.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: October 14, 2023 04:57PM

Cville lost two qbs(both Resto Boys) , all region LB( Badi) a RB/starting safety(Somers) another lb (Waters..not the one who graduated last year ) and few more from what I heard but can’t confirm that.

Posted by: HXYSG ()
Date: October 14, 2023 06:05PM

“I know he threw 3 picks”

The rest is irrelevant, he’s ass and you don’t win many games when you turn the ball over 3 times

Date: October 14, 2023 07:36PM

Stop sucking his dick he’s trash. He played varsity as a sophomore and has max 6 w s in3
Seasons which is shit

Posted by: Twelve ()
Date: October 14, 2023 08:15PM

Funny how Edison landed 6 transfers this year to go with their senior heavy team

Posted by: HDUSH ()
Date: October 14, 2023 08:55PM

A playoff team from any other division is beating them.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.