HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: High School Football 2023
Posted by: Funtd ()
Date: September 07, 2023 09:40PM

HAJCN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oakton won’t win a game this season

If they don’t beat Woodson this week, 100% they don’t win a game all season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: YG6MF ()
Date: September 08, 2023 06:26AM

Too bad they don’t play Robinson. Could settle who is the most underachieving team in the area.

Posted by: HCHAB ()
Date: September 08, 2023 06:36AM

I think there’s a few more underachieving teams you could add to the list with Robinson, Woodson and Oakton

Posted by: Cocheese ()
Date: September 08, 2023 06:52AM

I’ve laughed at Woodson’s dysfunction just as much as anyone over the last few years. But looking at scores they’ve played in two competitive football games this year. Seems they’ve improved somewhat and maybe resemble a functional football team. Maybe. Either way - That’s miles apart from Oakton and Robinson right now who have been embarrassed and almost shutout in all of their games. If Oakton loses to Woodson then I’d say it’s time for the Oakton staff to step down after this season. And hell, if Woodson ends up being their only win - they should probably step down anyway. Oakton community deserves better.

Posted by: HCHSB ()
Date: September 08, 2023 02:32PM

Looks like Henderson is making the most of what he’s got at Woodson, if they play Robinson they have a shot

Posted by: JCHAV ()
Date: September 08, 2023 02:56PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOOQE-Z9lag&pp=ygUdanVsaWFuIGJyb3duIG1hdHRoZXcgaGF0ZmllbGQ%3D

Cool video on current events in HS football with Julian Brown and Matthew Hatfield

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: September 08, 2023 07:09PM

6:47 Q1 DeMatha blocks Freedom punt into end zone

DeMatha 7
Freedom 0

Posted by: Hammer Hawks ()
Date: September 08, 2023 07:13PM

Hayfield 8, Annandale 0
10 min 1Q

Posted by: HDUDB ()
Date: September 08, 2023 07:14PM

Freedom is getting ready to tie it

Posted by: NFHSZ ()
Date: September 08, 2023 07:39PM

I think the lightning delay helps Freedom, DeMatha was getting ready to bust their ass, any other scores?

Posted by: Burke Guy ()
Date: September 08, 2023 07:44PM

LB & WF 0-0 nearing halftime.

Posted by: Woke goes broke ()
Date: September 08, 2023 07:48PM

So I think I know what happened to Robison and why they might suck so bad... Looks like they have a chick as the offensive coordinator. I've coached with women before and they were fine but I think it's a good idea to have a former player with a good amount of knowledge of the game to be calling the plays.

Just my opinion

Posted by: Curisous? ()
Date: September 08, 2023 08:12PM

Woke goes broke Wrote:
> So I think I know what happened to Robison and why
> they might suck so bad... Looks like they have a
> chick as the offensive coordinator. I've coached
> with women before and they were fine but I think
> it's a good idea to have a former player with a
> good amount of knowledge of the game to be calling
> the plays.
>
> Just my opinion

What’s the score?

Date: September 08, 2023 08:21PM

4:54 to go Q2

James Madison 26
Robison 0

Date: September 08, 2023 08:34PM

6:30 to go Q2

DeMatha 14
Freedom 13

...missed extra point for Freedom

Posted by: duchess_mommy ()
Date: September 08, 2023 08:40PM

South Lakes: 55
@
Falls Church: 0

(Halftime)

Date: September 08, 2023 08:49PM

Stone Bridge / Woodgrove (CANCELLED)

Chantilly 14 McLean 14
Westfield 0 Lake Braddock 9
South County 7 West Springfield 6
Fairfax 7 Centreville 0
James Madison 26 Robinson 0
Edison 7 Langley 7
Hayfield 49 Annandale 0

Most of these are HALFTIME or close to it

Maury 20 Highland Springs 14 in Q3

Posted by: HXHSB ()
Date: September 08, 2023 09:27PM

Per @LangleySports on Twitter the game was postponed, don’t know if it ever started

Date: September 08, 2023 09:45PM

James Madison 26 Robinson 0 (1st Half Warhawks' 1st string)
James Madison 0 Robinson 10 (2nd Half Warhawks' 2nd string)

James Madison 26 Robinson 10 FINAL

Posted by: Hammer Hawks ()
Date: September 08, 2023 09:46PM

Game called in the 3rd, Hayfield over Annandale 50-0

Posted by: HDHAB ()
Date: September 08, 2023 09:47PM

South County over West Springfield 14-9

Posted by: WUCJX ()
Date: September 08, 2023 09:53PM

Robinson moves to 0-3 for the 1st time since 1985. Haven’t been 0-4 since 1975. Can they win next week against Gainesville?

Posted by: Fcps News Er ()
Date: September 09, 2023 07:18AM

How tf is mclean spanking tilly it’s damm mclean

Posted by: HFUWV ()
Date: September 09, 2023 07:24AM

Oakton leading Woodson 13-0 in the 3rd, game will resume at 10 AM

Posted by: Loco Guy ()
Date: September 09, 2023 08:42AM

Anybody know what’s the deal with Stone Bridge and Woodgrove? I can’t find anything anywhere

Posted by: MacLEAN ()
Date: September 09, 2023 09:54AM

Fcps News Er Wrote:
> How tf is mclean spanking tilly it’s damm mclean

McLean is better than most people think and Chantilly played crappy Falls Church and almost lost to WTW

Date: September 09, 2023 10:08AM

LoCo Guy
> Anybody know what’s the deal with Stone Bridge and Woodgrove? I can’t find anything anywhere

From Stone Bridge Athletics "X" feed. (no information posted on rescheduling, or whether it is an outright cancellation as of 10:05am this morning)

SBHS Athletics
@SBHS_Athletics

Tonight's game vs Woodgrove has been canceled

8:37 PM · Sep 8, 2023 · 3,448 Views

Posted by: Loco Guy ()
Date: September 09, 2023 10:21AM

Hmmm... Wrote:
> LoCo Guy
> > Anybody know what’s the deal with Stone Bridge
> and Woodgrove? I can’t find anything anywhere
>
> From Stone Bridge Athletics "X" feed. (no
> information posted on rescheduling, or whether it
> is an outright cancellation as of 10:05am this
> morning)
>
> SBHS Athletics
> @SBHS_Athletics
>
> Tonight's game vs Woodgrove has been canceled
>
> 8:37 PM · Sep 8, 2023 · 3,448 Views

Thank you, that’s interesting. I’d be shocked if they didn’t play today, or sometime later on down the road

Date: September 09, 2023 01:07PM

Woodson might go 1-9 or 0-10

Date: September 09, 2023 01:41PM

Freedom 21, DeMatha 14… 52 seconds until halftime AND we are hit with ANOTHER 30 minute lightning delay

Posted by: Heat Stroke ()
Date: September 09, 2023 02:19PM

Fcps News Er Wrote:
> How tf is mclean spanking tilly it’s damm mclean

Losing 28-14 to McLean is bad enough.

Having to travel back to McLean to play the last six minutes in 90-degree heat before losing 28-14 is even worse.

Posted by: Voice of Reason ()
Date: September 09, 2023 07:49PM

Cville dominated by Fairfax

Posted by: Voice of Reason ()
Date: September 09, 2023 08:00PM

Shields is playing too many small sophomores on defense and offense to support his sophomore son QB. Play to win today not in 2 years. There are too many experienced and big seniors on the sidelines that would help win games. Typical Centreville coach making bad decisions. This is a troubling precedent and AD is too much of a pussy to say or do anything. Expect more failure from Centreville while this continues. Wake up Shields and start doing the right thing.

Posted by: NortherRegionGuy ()
Date: September 09, 2023 08:27PM

So, Freedom/DeMatha just . . . didn’t happen? The game isn’t even listed on either record on MaxPreps. Other games that were abandoned are listed as 8-8 with a FF designation. Why the special treatment for Freedom/DeMatha?

Posted by: HSUCB ()
Date: September 09, 2023 09:21PM

Storms were in the forecast and both head coaches agreed to a no contest

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: September 09, 2023 09:23PM

Big(too slow) and experienced( played in blowout games in the last quarter against other teams backups and never started a game last year). Sheilds never developed these kids and now is suffering.

Week 2 Results
Posted by: parentof2 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 11:51AM

Another bizarre week with games being postponed, cancelled, finished on Saturday morning and even a no-contest. Lake Braddock was able to get their game in on Friday night in Burke while Alexandria had lightning problems. Weird Friday night in general, but it seems we get at least 1-2 weeks like this every season.

1. Annandale @ Hayfield (-10)
- Hayfield dismantled Annandale 50-0. They did not play a 4th quarter.

2. Chantilly (-21) @ McLean
- McLean won 28-14 and moves to 3-0 for the first time since 2010 if you don't include the 2020 Covid Spring season. This has to be a big wake up call for Chantilly. I also found it pointless for Chantilly to travel all the way back to McLean on Saturday with 6 minutes left in the game. The game was suspended at 28-14 and that's how it ended. Maybe Chantilly thought they had a chance?

3. Edison @ Langley (-10)
- Langley won 22-14, failing to cover. Another game that was picked back up on Saturday.

4. DeMatha (MD) (-7) @ Freedom-Woodbridge
- Freedom led DeMatha 21-14 before the game was ruled a no-contest. DeMatha got on the board first with a blocked punt in Freedom's endzone and then a lightning delay with 9 minutes in the 2nd quarter sent most of the DeMatha fans headed home. I thought at that moment everything favors Freedom. DeMatha then traveled back an hour and a half Saturday to finish the game just to be hit with another weather delay. A shame the game wasn't finished, I think Freedom would've gotten it done. Freedom v. Highland Springs in December is going to be a backyard brawl. Oh, and shoutout to NFHSNetwork for showing the game on Saturday... (Not)

5. Fairfax (-17) @ Centreville
- Fairfax wins rather easily, 40-14.

6. Forest Park @ T.C. Williams (-5)
- Game was suspended Friday night when it was 7-7. Forest Park came back to Alexandria Saturday morning with more focus as they go on to win 21-10. Looking at TC's schedule and they really only have 2 games they can win left.

7. Friendship Collegiate (DC) (-27) @ Mount Vernon
- Friendship blanked Mount Vernon, 48-0.

8. Herndon (-14) @ Osbourn Park
- Herndon with a big time beat down, 63-0.

9. Marshall (-30 @ Stuart
- Marshall won 34-0, I believe this game ended early as well.

10. Oakton @ Woodson (-3)
- Oakton gets the win on Saturday, 13-7. I actually caught the 3rd and 4th quarters of this one on the tablet while College Gameday was on. Oakton was up 13-0 when play resumed. Both teams were below average, to put it nicely. Oakton's QB was throwing the ball while jumping, he had one good receiver on the right side who he was almost exclusively looking for. Woodson's QB was constantly overthrowing receivers, he threw the ball about 10 feet over his receivers head on a simple screen, but I do feel he was the better QB in this one. WTW has a bad offensive line but they were still able to drive against Oakton's defense. Tons of penalties in this one also. WTW scored with 1:50 left and we had ourselves a game but Oakton got possession of the onside kick that ensued and then ran the clock out. Good game between lower tier teams.

11. Robinson @ Madison (-35)
- Madison won 26-10, failing to cover. Don't know if this one ended early or not.

12. South County (-15) @ West Springfield
- This was a great game. South County won a close one, 14-9. The Spartans had the ball at midfield down 7-6 with 7 minutes left and had the chance to win. The Stallions even helped them with a big penalty around the 6 minute mark to keep their drive alive. They settled for a field goal to go up 9-6 with 2-3 minutes left or so. (Can't recall the exact time) The Stallions then executed a great drive, scoring on a 46 yard passing TD with 1:33 left. The Stallions then kept the Spartans alive with yet another defensive penalty with 25 seconds left before intercepting the ball in the end zone, securing the win. Heck of a game from both teams!

13. Stone Bridge (-21) @ Woodgrove
- Loudoun did see more of the bad weather on Friday night, as this game was cancelled. No word on if it will be made up but they never even began play. Is it possible Stone Bridge didn't want to play so they can focus on Quince Orchard? I found it interesting they did't play this one on Saturday.

14. Washington-Lee (-35) @ Lee
- W-L won 49-7. The final score was posted at 7:45 with kickoff scheduled for 7:00, that's just crazy to me.

15. Westfield (-14) @ Lake Braddock
- Caught the ending of this one also. Lake Braddock won a thriller 9-7. The Bruins had the ball up 9-7 with 2:45 left and the Bulldogs sacked the Bruins QB at the Westfield 35 to get the ball back. With 1:45 left the Bruins had a big 3rd and 4 tackle for loss and then on 4th and 6 they sacked the Westfield QB to secure the game. Another thriller.

16. Yorktown (-21) @ Wakefield
- Yorktown wins their 27th in a row against Wakefield, 34-9.

Posted by: FVDNX ()
Date: September 10, 2023 11:53AM

Voice of Reason Wrote:
> Shields is playing too many small sophomores on
> defense and offense to support his sophomore son
> QB. Play to win today not in 2 years. There are
> too many experienced and big seniors on the
> sidelines that would help win games. Typical
> Centreville coach making bad decisions. This is a
> troubling precedent and AD is too much of a pussy
> to say or do anything. Expect more failure from
> Centreville while this continues. Wake up Shields
> and start doing the right thing.

Are you the parent of one of those "older big kids"? If the SOs are playing that is because they are the best option. Just because you are a SR and big does not make you the best choice to step on the field. Teams all over are full of bigger kids or older kids who just do not have the same athleticism or skills as the ones you see on the field. On a second note, not sure why he is still starting his son because Houser is more athletic and just as good, if not better, as a passer. Unless it is a question of Houser not knowing the offense or playing another position. Centreville is going to struggle this year, period. No matter who they put on the field. They are both young/inexperienced and small and that does not make it easy to win games.

Week 3
Date: September 10, 2023 11:54AM

Looks like we are in for another weird and bizarre week, as most (if not all) of the games are scheduled for Thursday this week. Anybody know why that is? Hopefully weather won't be a factor this week. On another note, this season is flying on by! Hope you all enjoy Week 1 NFL action today also!

1. Centreville @ Mountain View (-14)
- The Wildcats will have their hands full on the road against a good 2-0 Mountain View team.

2. Chantilly (-3) @ Hayfield
- My head is telling me Chantilly, but my gut is telling me Hayfield, so if I was a betting man, I’d go with my gut and take Hayfield +3. Bad loss for Chantilly against McLean, but I think the Chargers are a little better than Hayfield. They look to go on the road and rebound against a Hayfield team who just pitched a 3 quarter shutout of Annandale. I can see this game going either way, honestly.

3. Falls Church @ Annandale (-10)
- Someone will get their first win of the season this week, I think Annandale wins big. Oh, the National District…

4. Gainesville (-17) @ Robinson
- Don’t know much about Gainesville but they are 3-0 and lurking in the VA Preps Class 6 Top Ten. Not bad for the new boys on the block. Big time down year for the Rams and I expect Gainvesville to go to Fairfax and get things done with rather ease.

5. Lake Braddock (-3) @ West Potomac
- Co-game of the week. Can the Bruins keep the momentum going on the road against a very solid West Potomac team who had a bye week to prepare? Time will tell, but I’m expecting this to be a very good (and close) game.

6. Langley (-28) @ Stuart
- If all 4 quarters are played on the same night, I think the Saxons win big.

7. Madison (-17) @ Marshall
- This is technically a rivalry game and anything can happen but Madison is bigger, more physical, and just the better football team. Also, shoutout to Justin Counts who has done a remarkable job over at Madison.

8. McLean (-3) @ Edison
- Another toss up game that I can see going either way but I’m taking McLean to win a close one to move to 4-0 for the first time since 2010.

9. Mount Vernon @ South Lakes (-27)
- Going to be a long bus ride back to Alexandria for the Majors… Seahawks win big.

10. Oakton @ West Springfield (-28)
- The Spartans are war tested after last week’s excellent game against the Stallions. Expecting them to blow out the Cougars with ease.

11. South County @ Fairfax (-3)
- Game of the week. Two heavyweights going at it. I’m giving the slight edge to Fairfax at home after watching the Stallions last week. They very much could’ve lost that game and I believe Fairfax is better than West Springfield and won’t let them off the hook with the mistakes that the Stallions made against the Spartans. With that being said, this should be another great Patriot District game.

12. Stone Bridge @ Quince Orchard (-14)
- This game is scheduled for Thursday at Noon… Do the kids not have school on Thursday? Strong chance the Bulldogs will start 0-3. I’m expecting Quince Orchard to do something similar to what they did to South County, plus they have home field advantage (grass, not turf) in this one.

13. Wakefield @ Herndon (-21)
- Herndon should earn a relatively easy District win in this one.

14. Washington-Lee @ Yorktown (-6)
Really intriuging game in this one. W-L can very much hang with Yorktown, but can they do enough to knock Yorktown off on the road? Yorktown has won 6 in a row in this series and while I believe they will make it 7 in a row, it won’t come easy.

Re: Week 2 Results
Posted by: Hjufc ()
Date: September 10, 2023 12:03PM

parentof2 Wrote:
> Another bizarre week with games being postponed,
> cancelled, finished on Saturday morning and even a
> no-contest. Lake Braddock was able to get their
> game in on Friday night in Burke while Alexandria
> had lightning problems. Weird Friday night in
> general, but it seems we get at least 1-2 weeks
> like this every season.
>
> 3. Edison @ Langley (-10)
> - Langley won 22-14, failing to cover. Another
> game that was picked back up on Saturday.
>

Pretty sure Edison won

Correction
Date: September 10, 2023 12:12PM

Hjufc Wrote:
> parentof2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Another bizarre week with games being
> postponed,
> > cancelled, finished on Saturday morning and even
> a
> > no-contest. Lake Braddock was able to get their
> > game in on Friday night in Burke while
> Alexandria
> > had lightning problems. Weird Friday night in
> > general, but it seems we get at least 1-2 weeks
> > like this every season.
> >
> > 3. Edison @ Langley (-10)
> > - Langley won 22-14, failing to cover. Another
> > game that was picked back up on Saturday.
> >
>
> Pretty sure Edison won

You are indeed correct! EDISON beat Langley, 22-14. My apologizes, looks like I was typing faster than I was reading.

Date: September 10, 2023 12:40PM

parentof2
> 11. Robinson @ Madison (-35)
> - Madison won 26-10, failing to cover. Don't know if this one ended early or not.

The game went full time. The Madison coaching staff elected to play their 2nd/3rd string for all of the 2nd half... and as a result didn't run up the score (nor cover your spread). Keep that in mind for the spreads for future Madison games, some of the games (like Oakton, and apparently Chantilly) everyone will play.

Date: September 10, 2023 01:26PM

Good for Madison getting some young guys in, I’m sure most coaches would’ve elected to play the starters until the 4th and win by 40+

Posted by: Parent of 3 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 03:49PM

Isn’t VanAcker the head coach of Annandale now? He destroyed Battlefield, destroyed Woodson, destroyed Oakton. Now he’s destroying the Annandale program. Surprised anyone even hired him.

Posted by: Parent of 4 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 04:14PM

Van Acker is an assistant at Hayfield.

Posted by: BUPWY ()
Date: September 10, 2023 04:20PM

Van Acker was also the Head Coach at Woodson for one of their best seasons in school history. He may not be perfect, but he’d be better than half of the current head coaches in FCPS.

Posted by: Parent of 5 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 05:06PM

Well at least we know VanAcker is on here lurking!

Re: Week 3
Posted by: duchess_mommy ()
Date: September 10, 2023 09:07PM

Thursday games due to School Holiday on Friday.

Re: Week 3
Posted by: NorthernRegionGuy ()
Date: September 11, 2023 10:49PM

duchess_mommy Wrote:
> Thursday games due to School Holiday on Friday.

Close. Yom Kippur starts at sundown on Friday.

Posted by: Speaking for Myself ()
Date: September 13, 2023 04:55PM

Not a fan AT ALL of Thursday night games

Posted by: Nova dad ()
Date: September 13, 2023 06:13PM

Calling my shot. W-l over yorktown by 14+

Posted by: HDUCB ()
Date: September 13, 2023 06:57PM

Nova dad Wrote:
> Calling my shot. W-l over yorktown by 14+

Ballsy! But I can see it happening lol

Posted by: Nova dad ()
Date: September 14, 2023 12:42AM

HDUCB Wrote:
> Nova dad Wrote:
> -----
> > Calling my shot. W-l over yorktown by 14+
>
>
> Ballsy! But I can see it happening lol

Been paying a lot of attention to both teams and for maybe the first time ever w-l is better at arguably every position. As a patriot I hope I’m wrong but I feel very confident that w-l will win if not blow them out.

Posted by: Gamedayyyy ()
Date: September 14, 2023 06:55AM

Excited to see Stone Bridge/Quince Orchard

Posted by: 4FDDC ()
Date: September 14, 2023 07:57AM

Gamedayyyy Wrote:
> Excited to see Stone Bridge/Quince Orchard

Unless Stone Bridge has fixed some of their issues, this will not be close.

Posted by: Robbie Ram ()
Date: September 14, 2023 04:20PM

The rumor is the Rams have a chance tonight against Gainesville.
Predicting a 28-14 win for Robinson.

Posted by: HEHCH ()
Date: September 14, 2023 07:11PM

Quince Orchard scored on the first play of the game lmao

Posted by: Woah Now ()
Date: September 14, 2023 08:07PM

Centreville is losing 42-0. . . At halftime.

Posted by: Hmmm… ()
Date: September 14, 2023 08:07PM

HALFTIME

James Madison 20
George C. Marshall 0

Madison were really off in Q1; the Statesmen were all over them but couldn’t score.

Posted by: NOVA HS football fan ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:13PM

SoCo by a million tonight over Fairfax. Order restored in Patriot District.

Posted by: Nova guy ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:30PM

W-L finally breaks the streak
Generals 21 Patriots 18

Posted by: HCHAV ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:39PM

Stone Bridge 22, Quince Orchard 21, 1:58 left

Posted by: NEK3W ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:50PM

Robbie Ram Wrote:
> The rumor is the Rams have a chance tonight
> against Gainesville.
> Predicting a 28-14 win for Robinson.

Gainesville 41
Robinson 6

Great call

Posted by: Roll Ders ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:54PM

McLean 19, Edison 7

Posted by: HCHAN ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:59PM

Quince Orchard wins with 17 seconds left, 29-22

Date: September 14, 2023 10:01PM

FINAL

James Madison 27
George C. Marshal 7

...in a sloppy, chippy, ugly, penalty-ridden game...
Warhawks need to get some things sorted before South County in two weeks (or it will be a really disappointing Homecoming weekend)

Posted by: Never In Doubt ()
Date: September 14, 2023 10:11PM

Madison 27, Marshall 7

Posted by: Fanofceslaw ()
Date: September 14, 2023 11:47PM

Herndon over Wakefield 42-0. They can win or lose the rest of their games. A year ago today they won their first game in many years. They are now a solid team - will be interesting to see how they do the rest of the year and next year/. They lost 21-0 to Langley but didn’t play well at all and Langley did…if they played again I think it would be at least much more competitive.

Posted by: ChargerAlum ()
Date: September 15, 2023 11:25AM

Congrats on tilly for bouncing back after last week; we may not be the most impressive team out there, but I think it's fair to say Coach Curry has definitely gotten smarter over the years and his management over the team is absolutely a net positive - I personally don't think he gets enough credit.

Also, I love the purple pants - we look like a real program now.

Posted by: HCYSV ()
Date: September 15, 2023 05:12PM

That was the most punts in that Chantilly game I have ever seen & Hayfield’s QB is terrible

Surprised Chantilly didn’t win by more

Posted by: QB trainer ()
Date: September 15, 2023 07:11PM

Congrats Mr. Bhojwani. Your son played a decent game. Looks like all the training sessions have paid off!

Posted by: Kbfyu ()
Date: September 16, 2023 07:55AM

Fanofceslaw Wrote:
> Herndon over Wakefield 42-0. They can win or lose
> the rest of their games. A year ago today they
> won their first game in many years. They are now
> a solid team - will be interesting to see how they
> do the rest of the year and next year/. They lost
> 21-0 to Langley but didn’t play well at all and
> Langley did…if they played again I think it
> would be at least much more competitive.

What will be interesting is the South Lakes v Herndon game next week. South Lakes is 4-0 out scoring opponents 204-13, but their opponents are a combined 0-16.

If you take out the Langley game, Herndon is 3-0 out scoring opponents 160-0, but those opponents are a combined 1-10.

Going to predict lots of points and little defense.

Posted by: dcsptsfnlv ()
Date: September 16, 2023 08:58AM

What was Westfield thinking in allowing themselves such a pathetically weak out of district schedule? They have a decent team this year for the first time in a few years and now they are playing Justice and Wakefield to get ready for the district schedule????? Arguably the two worst teams in NOVA? This makes no sense at all. Might was well scrimmage themselves rather than play these games.

Posted by: HEUCH ()
Date: September 16, 2023 09:28AM

I think South Lakes will win by at least 3 TD’s, Herndon won’t be able to keep up

Posted by: HFUSB ()
Date: September 16, 2023 09:28AM

dcsptsfnlv Wrote:
> What was Westfield thinking in allowing themselves
> such a pathetically weak out of district schedule?
> They have a decent team this year for the first
> time in a few years and now they are playing
> Justice and Wakefield to get ready for the
> district schedule????? Arguably the two worst
> teams in NOVA? This makes no sense at all. Might
> was well scrimmage themselves rather than play
> these games.

I was thinking the same thing and also, what the hell were Justice and Wakefield thinking scheduling Westfield? Should have scheduled TJ or Meridian or something like that

Posted by: Hcfyj ()
Date: September 16, 2023 11:36AM

HFUSB Wrote:
> dcsptsfnlv Wrote:
> -----
> > What was Westfield thinking in allowing
> themselves
> > such a pathetically weak out of district
> schedule?
> > They have a decent team this year for the
> first
> > time in a few years and now they are playing
> > Justice and Wakefield to get ready for the
> > district schedule????? Arguably the two worst
> > teams in NOVA? This makes no sense at all.
> Might
> > was well scrimmage themselves rather than play
> > these games.
>
> I was thinking the same thing and also, what the
> hell were Justice and Wakefield thinking
> scheduling Westfield? Should have scheduled TJ or
> Meridian or something like that

Gate receipts?

Posted by: Fairfax blunder ()
Date: September 16, 2023 11:46AM

What happened to Fairfax how they get blown out that bad and no one in here talk about it.

Posted by: NOVA HS football fan ()
Date: September 16, 2023 01:16PM

Fairfax blunder Wrote:
> What happened to Fairfax how they get blown out
> that bad and no one in here talk about it.

They no longer have Rojas and strong supporting cast from last year. Their QB can’t throw and gets big gains with his legs. Kris Jones isn’t nearly as good as Rojas. If Jones is a 4-star, Rojas is a 10-star and half of SoCo’s team should be 3/4-star players. Lake Braddock and West Springfield will both beat Fairfax.

Posted by: UMCCY ()
Date: September 16, 2023 04:30PM

NOVA HS football fan Wrote:
> Fairfax blunder Wrote:
> -----
> > What happened to Fairfax how they get blown out
> > that bad and no one in here talk about it.
>
>
> They no longer have Rojas and strong supporting
> cast from last year. Their QB can’t throw and
> gets big gains with his legs. Kris Jones isn’t
> nearly as good as Rojas. If Jones is a 4-star,
> Rojas is a 10-star and half of SoCo’s team
> should be 3/4-star players. Lake Braddock and West
> Springfield will both beat Fairfax.

I saw this game-this is exactly correct. They are trying to use Jones in a similar fashion to Rojas. Jones is not a RB (unless the defense sucks, and SC's defense was very good) nor is Jones a pass catcher. And he is also slower than Rojas.

Posted by: KHJNE ()
Date: September 16, 2023 04:37PM

HFUSB Wrote:
> dcsptsfnlv Wrote:
> -----
> > What was Westfield thinking in allowing
> themselves
> > such a pathetically weak out of district
> schedule?
> > They have a decent team this year for the
> first
> > time in a few years and now they are playing
> > Justice and Wakefield to get ready for the
> > district schedule????? Arguably the two worst
> > teams in NOVA? This makes no sense at all.
> Might
> > was well scrimmage themselves rather than play
> > these games.
>
> I was thinking the same thing and also, what the
> hell were Justice and Wakefield thinking
> scheduling Westfield? Should have scheduled TJ or
> Meridian or something like that

Westfield's schedule this season is a direct reflection of being mediocre for the past three years. The region uses a system of scheduling for non-district games that matches teams based on performance for a rolling three (4? 5?) year window. With Lake Braddock and Patriot being fairly good the past few years, they are Westfield's "hard" non-district games. Since you cannot give a team all difficult games, they balance that with easier games. So Westfield ends up with Justice and Wakefield. Westfield is on a similar glide path to Centreville last year-soundly beat a lot of bad teams, get a pretty good record (if they beat South Lakes, they most likely end up 8-2, the second loss being to Madison). Then they go into the playoffs and don't do all that well because they got that record against poor competition.

Posted by: HAHXH ()
Date: September 16, 2023 05:16PM

KHJNE Wrote:
> HFUSB Wrote:
> -----
> > dcsptsfnlv Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > What was Westfield thinking in allowing
> > themselves
> > > such a pathetically weak out of district
> > schedule?
> > > They have a decent team this year for the
> > first
> > > time in a few years and now they are playing
> > > Justice and Wakefield to get ready for the
> > > district schedule????? Arguably the two
> worst
> > > teams in NOVA? This makes no sense at all.
> > Might
> > > was well scrimmage themselves rather than
> play
> > > these games.
> >
> > I was thinking the same thing and also, what
> the
> > hell were Justice and Wakefield thinking
> > scheduling Westfield? Should have scheduled TJ
> or
> > Meridian or something like that
>
> Westfield's schedule this season is a direct
> reflection of being mediocre for the past three
> years. The region uses a system of scheduling for
> non-district games that matches teams based on
> performance for a rolling three (4? 5?) year
> window. With Lake Braddock and Patriot being
> fairly good the past few years, they are
> Westfield's "hard" non-district games. Since you
> cannot give a team all difficult games, they
> balance that with easier games. So Westfield ends
> up with Justice and Wakefield. Westfield is on a
> similar glide path to Centreville last
> year-soundly beat a lot of bad teams, get a pretty
> good record (if they beat South Lakes, they most
> likely end up 8-2, the second loss being to
> Madison). Then they go into the playoffs and don't
> do all that well because they got that record
> against poor competition.

“…Since you cannot give a team all difficult games, they balance that with easier games…” Explain Stone Bridge then

Posted by: JoeGibbsFan ()
Date: September 16, 2023 09:31PM

Has anyone in the National District won a game outside their district? It looks like all they can do is win against each other.

Date: September 17, 2023 09:51AM

JoeGibbsFan Wrote:
> Has anyone in the National District won a game
> outside their district? It looks like all they can
> do is win against each other.

Now that i think about it, I don’t think they have lol what a joke

Week 3 Results
Date: September 17, 2023 10:43AM

1. Centreville @ Mountain View (-14)
- Mountain View blew out the Wildcats, 42-14. After the game, a 2024 DE flipped his commitment from Virginia Tech to Ohio State. Probably the most interesting thing that happened that night. What happened to Centreville?

2. Chantilly (-3) @ Hayfield
- Chantilly won and covered, 14-7. As I said, this one could've went either way. Hayfield makes a few less mistakes and they could've won. Tons of punts in this one...

3. Falls Church @ Annandale (-10)
- Annandale won and covered, 19-0. As someone else stated, the Jags have been outscored in their 4 games (all losses) 172 to 6. Ouch.

4. Gainesville (-17) @ Robinson
- Gainesville handled Robinson, 41-6. This game was close for the first half before the Cardinals pulled away.

5. Lake Braddock (-3) @ West Potomac
- Lake Braddock cruised 48-14. I wasn't expecting that but when West Potomac throws 6 INT's (3 of which were returned for touchdowns) then you can expect to get blown out. The Wolverines have a lot to clean up. Solid district win for the Bruins.

6. Langley (-28) @ Stuart
- Langley won 42-7, covering in the process. Similar to Falls Church, JEB has been outscored 131 to 7 in their 3 losses. Football in that area is on a big time decline, but hey, at least the Bell Game will be interesting this year.

7. Madison (-17) @ Marshall
- Madison won and covered, 27-7. I'm learning to go more conservative with Madison spreads. 16 straight wins for Madison in this series, with their last loss coming back in 2007.

8. McLean (-3) @ Edison
- McLean won 19-7 to move to 4-0 for the first time since 2010. Congrats to the Highlanders!

9. Mount Vernon @ South Lakes (-27)
- South Lakes cruises 51-7.

10. Oakton @ West Springfield (-28)
- West Springfield won 24-0, failing to cover. Did not see the game but my guess would be a lot of reserves got in.

11. South County @ Fairfax (-3)
- South County steamrolled Fairfax, 50-7 and honestly, I did not see this one coming at all. I was totally wrong. The Stallions might be better than they look on paper. I think as the season goes on, they will get stronger. They prepared very well for Fairfax, so kudos to the South County coaching staff as well as the players for executing.

12. Stone Bridge @ Quince Orchard (-14)
- Quince Orchard won on a last second score, 29-22. Even though they had 2 weeks to prepare for this one, the Bulldogs are improving. I am a big fan of Myles Turpin on the Bulldogs side and a big fan of Iverson Howard from Quince Orchard. Two big time players. This was a fantastic game, can't wait for them to play again next year.

13. Wakefield @ Herndon (-21)
- Herndon blanked Wakefield, 42-0.

14. Washington-Lee @ Yorktown (-6)
- W&L breaks the streak as they win a close one 21-18. Bruce Hanson's record against W&L is now 37-5. Big win for the Generals and shoutout to the user who said W&L would outright beat Yorktown.

Week 4
Date: September 17, 2023 10:48AM

To be completely honest, outside of 3 or 4 games, this week’s slate is rather bland. Most teams have played a division game or two, but I believe this is the last week with out of conference games. Also, the playoff positioning is starting to take place. Here are the power point standings after week 4 in case anyone is curious:

Region C:
1. Lake Braddock (27.00)
2. South County (26.25)
3. West Springfield (25.00)
4. Fairfax (24.75)
5. West Potomac (23.67)
6. Edison (22.67)
7. Hayfield (21.75)
8. Lee (21.33)

Region D:
1. McLean (29.50)
2. Madison (29.00)
3. Washington-Lee (29.00)
4. South Lakes (26.00)
5. Langley (25.25)
6. Chantilly (25.00)
7. Marshall (24.50)
8. Herndon (24.25)

Here is this week’s slate:

1. Centreville (-17) @ Oakton
- Centreville is down this year and pissed about getting their boots smoked. I’m expecting them to run the score up against a team that’s worse than they are.

2. Falls Church @ Washington-Lee (-35)
- Old National District match-up. Anyway, expect a running clock in the 2nd half in this one.

3. Freedom-Woodbridge (-35) @ Gar-Field
- Most (if not all) of Freedom’s district games are going to be ridiculous blowouts.

4. Hayfield @ South County (-24)
- The Stallions have won the last 10 in this series, with Hayfield’s last win coming in 2012. I think the Stallions starting defense will shut the Hawks out and when it gets ugly Hayfield will get on the board. Stallions win big.

5. Lake Braddock (-6) @ Fairfax
- Can Fairfax rebound from an embarrassing loss on their home field? Can the Bruins replicate what the Stallions did and shut Fairfax down? Big District and seeding implications on the line in this one.

6. Lightridge @ Langley (-7)
- Lightridge has definitely improved since being founded, but I’m giving Langley the slight nod and I think they prevail in their Homecoming game.

7. Lee @ Mount Vernon (-24)
- Barring something extreme, the Majors will get their first win of the season this week. The Majors have been outscored in their 4 losses, 23 to 160. I’m sure they miss Coach Fritts.

8. Madison (-15) @ Chantilly
- Madison is realistically 4 or 5 touchdowns better than Chantilly, but given the way they play, I think they will win by around 21 points.

9. Marshall @ McLean (-3)
- Game of the week. Hard to believe I just said that, but it’s true. We have a 4-0 team against a 3-1 team. Both are good teams and this game also has district and playoff seeding implications. This should be a very close and hard fought game. Looking forward to it.

10. South Lakes (-10) @ Herndon
- Co-game of the week. Big time rivalry game here. Herndon kept it close last year on the road and they have a legit chance to win with home field advantage. SL has won 8 in a row in this series with Herndon’s last win coming in 2014. Herndon has to limit South Lakes big plays and if they do so, they could very much win this one. Another game I am looking forward to.

11. Stone Bridge @ Good Counsel (MD) (-14)
- I wonder if Mickey is regretting scheduling all of these powerhouses. Aside from Freedom vs. DeMatha, public schools don’t stand any chance against WCAC powers. At least this is the end of the gauntlet for Stone Bridge. Good chance they finish the regular season 5-4 and are on the road in the first round of the playoffs which is unheard of.

12. Stuart @ Westfield (-35)
- Looks like Coach Simmons pulled a Mickey (of the past) and scheduled the easiest teams he can find. This one is going to be ugly. Don’t know why this game is even happening, quite frankly. It’s an embarrassment to Westfield to play down like this and it’s going to be embarrassing for the JEB kids to get their teeth kicked in yet again.

13. T.C. Williams (-3) @ Woodson
- Toss up game in my opinion. This is one of the few games T.C. has a chance to win and I think they get it done in a close one on the road with Woodson turnovers being the difference.

14. Wakefield @ Edison (-21)
- Edison should face minimal resistance in this one. The Eagles win comfortably.

15. West Potomac (-14) @ Robinson
- Confused by this years West Potomac squad. They are better than Robinson, but if they go on the road and throw 6 INT’s again this week, Robinson will beat them.

16. West Springfield (-6) @ Yorktown
- This is another really intriguing game. Coach Hansen and co. have to clean things up and execute a thorough gameplan as I feel that the Spartans are the better team in this one. But with Yorktown having home field advantage and coming off a big rivalry loss, you never know. With that being said, I like the Spartans to prevail on the road but I would not be surprised to see Yorktown win a close one.

Posted by: JEHDUAHAJ ()
Date: September 17, 2023 11:05AM

Yorktown Wspf could be a dog fight… expecting it to have a similar score as the Wl game

Posted by: HCUSB ()
Date: September 17, 2023 11:45AM

JEHDUAHAJ Wrote:
> Yorktown Wspf could be a dog fight… expecting it
> to have a similar score as the Wl game

100000% agree, I think West Springfield wins tbh

Posted by: JEJDUWHAJA ()
Date: September 17, 2023 11:49AM

HCUSB Wrote:
> JEHDUAHAJ Wrote:
> -----
> > Yorktown Wspf could be a dog fight… expecting
> it
> > to have a similar score as the Wl game
>
>
> 100000% agree, I think West Springfield wins tbh

I can see it going either way… I think if Hanson gets his boys right yorktown can win big

Date: September 17, 2023 11:58AM

I don’t know why but Oakton and cville will be a close game

Posted by: HCYSB ()
Date: September 17, 2023 11:59AM

JEJDUWHAJA Wrote:
> HCUSB Wrote:
> -----
> > JEHDUAHAJ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yorktown Wspf could be a dog fight…
> expecting
> > it
> > > to have a similar score as the Wl game
> >
> >
> > 100000% agree, I think West Springfield wins
> tbh
>
> I can see it going either way… I think if Hanson
> gets his boys right yorktown can win big

He will, he’s the better coach but Idk if Ytown has the better players

Posted by: Cville Alum ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:02PM

Disagree. Centreville win 50-7 or something like that

Posted by: Hammer Hawk ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:09PM

Hayfield will cover the 24 point spread, might be a closer game than some of y’all think

Posted by: JDHAHXHAH ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:13PM

HCYSB Wrote:
> JEJDUWHAJA Wrote:
> -----
> > HCUSB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > JEHDUAHAJ Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Yorktown Wspf could be a dog fight…
> > expecting
> > > it
> > > > to have a similar score as the Wl game
> > >
> > >
> > > 100000% agree, I think West Springfield wins
> > tbh
> >
> > I can see it going either way… I think if
> Hanson
> > gets his boys right yorktown can win big
>
>
> He will, he’s the better coach but Idk if Ytown
> has the better players

Better coach and better staff as a whole, players or not WSPF might be surprised and not come in prepared. Either way I’m very excited for this one.

Posted by: VPN3J ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:47PM

HAHXH Wrote:
> KHJNE Wrote:
> -----
> > HFUSB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > dcsptsfnlv Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > What was Westfield thinking in allowing
> > > themselves
> > > > such a pathetically weak out of district
> > > schedule?
> > > > They have a decent team this year for the
> > > first
> > > > time in a few years and now they are
> playing
> > > > Justice and Wakefield to get ready for the
> > > > district schedule????? Arguably the two
> > worst
> > > > teams in NOVA? This makes no sense at all.
>
> > > Might
> > > > was well scrimmage themselves rather than
> > play
> > > > these games.
> > >
> > > I was thinking the same thing and also, what
> > the
> > > hell were Justice and Wakefield thinking
> > > scheduling Westfield? Should have scheduled
> TJ
> > or
> > > Meridian or something like that
> >
> > Westfield's schedule this season is a direct
> > reflection of being mediocre for the past three
> > years. The region uses a system of scheduling
> for
> > non-district games that matches teams based on
> > performance for a rolling three (4? 5?) year
> > window. With Lake Braddock and Patriot being
> > fairly good the past few years, they are
> > Westfield's "hard" non-district games. Since
> you
> > cannot give a team all difficult games, they
> > balance that with easier games. So Westfield
> ends
> > up with Justice and Wakefield. Westfield is on
> a
> > similar glide path to Centreville last
> > year-soundly beat a lot of bad teams, get a
> pretty
> > good record (if they beat South Lakes, they
> most
> > likely end up 8-2, the second loss being to
> > Madison). Then they go into the playoffs and
> don't
> > do all that well because they got that record
> > against poor competition.
>
>
> “…Since you cannot give a team all difficult
> games, they balance that with easier games…”
> Explain Stone Bridge then

Stone Bridge is not in the Northern Region (6D). I don't know how they schedule in 5D. Generally speaking, if teams want to add a game or games against different areas/teams it just needs to be coordinated between the schools and their respective regions.

Posted by: NoVA HS football fan ()
Date: September 17, 2023 01:19PM

Hammer Hawk Wrote:
> Hayfield will cover the 24 point spread, might be
> a closer game than some of y’all think

Margin of victory over the last five years is 28 points so you’re basing your comment off of what? Hayfield’s blowout wins over Wakefield and Annandale? Hayfield lost to West Springfield by 30+ and Chantilly.

Posted by: CavsOnTop ()
Date: September 17, 2023 02:38PM

Woodson vs. Alexandria City should be exciting. Don’t be surprised when Woodson comes out on top. And honestly, I think they could win out and make a statement in the playoffs. Aidan Dash is the real deal. Something special brewing over there.

Posted by: KK7GL ()
Date: September 17, 2023 02:53PM

Robinson 0-4 for the first time since 1975. Outscored 148-16 so far this season. They’ve played some good teams, but their lack of competitiveness is unacceptable. I hope the principal is happy. She destroyed a proud program. Will the new coach make it to year two?

Posted by: Parentof3 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 04:37PM

Embarrassing loss for Hayfield last week losing to a depleted Chantilly team. Same for Edison. That National conference is a disgrace. AC, Robinson, even shitty Woodson would put up better games in the playoffs then any of these sorry National Conference teams. They should all recuse themselves from the playoffs come November.

Posted by: ParentofNone ()
Date: September 17, 2023 04:45PM

Didn’t someone say that Jason VanAcker is on the Hayfield staff? Is he the OC?? Figures! No wonder they’re losing the way they are!

Date: September 17, 2023 05:27PM

CavsOnTop Wrote:
> Woodson vs. Alexandria City should be exciting.
> Don’t be surprised when Woodson comes out on
> top. And honestly, I think they could win out and
> make a statement in the playoffs. Aidan Dash is
> the real deal. Something special brewing over
> there.

Lol that’s CRAZY

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.