HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: July 27, 2009 03:52PM

Ah, those were the days. Some of the best/uncomfortable radio ever was Donnie G. railing at the current JFK PD over some slight or fuck up.

I don't recall O'Meara jumping in on those confrontations with both feet, but we now know that 'ol MOM was the consummate "company man", the guy who didn't want to make any waves, or good radio for that matter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: July 27, 2009 03:57PM

Who could forget Robb's candy-centric show, "Suck This"?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 27, 2009 04:22PM

Bob in Southeast Loudoun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who could forget Robb's candy-centric show, "Suck
> This"?

Everyone but you, apparently...

Posted by: Matthew Broderick ()
Date: July 27, 2009 08:43PM

Blank

Posted by: sy ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:23PM

Well, the "who will land a new gig first" question has been answered:

Presenting Michael J. Elston, newest Huffington Post columnist: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-j-elston/

Posted by: Carlos Calientes ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:52PM

sy Wrote:
> Well, the "who will land a new gig first" question
> has been answered:
>
> Presenting Michael J. Elston, newest Huffington
> Post columnist:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-j-elston/

His column really sucks too. Do they actually pay bloggers for shit like that, or does he get "revunue sharing" from the ads and links?

Buzz is a fucking hack writer, I'm going to post some shitty comments about him for some cheap laughs.

Date: July 27, 2009 10:20PM

That article was awful, but I give Buzz props for landing a gig that doesn't involve attending childrens' parties and appearing at the Ashburn Wendy's.

Posted by: Buzz Spermbank ()
Date: July 27, 2009 11:56PM

That was one of the worst written "blogs" I have ever seen. You are pushing 70 burbank and you can't even get a full article published in print, just a "blog" on a website. Pathetic. Poorly written web blogs, a fitting end to a crappy (literally) life. Start up the inside grill buzz, you are done.

Posted by: Michael ()
Date: July 28, 2009 02:54PM

You people are hateful and pathetic. I clicked on this site to see if there was any news of one of the O'Meara show crew getting a new job and found this mean-spirited crap. Get out of your house and do something positive instead of insulting others. If trying to break people down really makes you feel better about your life, then you are truly useless to the rest of us.

Date: July 28, 2009 02:54PM

No, I don't believe I WILL leave my house.

Date: July 28, 2009 03:01PM

Michael Wrote:
> You people are hateful and pathetic.

Yes

> I clicked on
> this site to see if there was any news of one of
> the O'Meara show crew getting a new job

No. They are staying unemployed until "the big comeback" Mike has planned.

> and found
> this mean-spirited crap.

Mean-spirited, yes. Crap? Never.

> Get out of your house and
> do something positive instead of insulting others.

I'm at work and insulting others. See? I can do both.

> If trying to break people down really makes you
> feel better about your life, then you are truly
> useless to the rest of us.

Yes and maybe.

Posted by: Bored Driver ()
Date: July 28, 2009 03:52PM

I used to love the old format.

Howard Stern in the morning
some lame ass show suring early afternoon
Don & Mike show afternoon
Sports Junkies at night

This radio station has been becoming shitier and shitier. Sports all day???, thats why we have ESPN Sportscenter. These are some of the lamest shows on this station. When people drive home they want to hear humorous antics and retarded stuff, not someones opinions and outlooks on sports, they wnat to laugh, there jobs sucks as is, now their ride home sucks as well!

Posted by: Smokey Joe ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:02PM

Here Buzz. It's time to go.

charcoal-setup.jpg

Date: July 28, 2009 04:35PM

Lastest PPM's, from DCRTV below. This will get much worse for JFK before it gets better.

The Junkies were gloating this morning that "they haven't changed a thing" since the format flip. At #15 and sinking, they should re-think that strategy. Who was the idiot that signed these guys to another contract? Mikey Hughes? Geez...

WTOP Tops Latest PPMs - 7/28 - Another round of those Portable People Meter radio ratings for DC. Week two of July, full-week, age 12+: 1) WTOP [1st in both drivetimes], 2) WHUR [Harvey 2nd], 3) WASH [Loriloo 11th, 1st in middays], 4) WAMU, 5) WBIG, 6) WIHT [Kane 6th], 7) WMMJ [Joyner 8th], 8) WGTS, 9) WWDC [Elliot 12th] and WMZQ, 11) WRQX [Diamond 10th] and WKYS [Parr 13th] and WPGC [Simpson 14th], 14) WETA-FM, 15) WPRS, 16) WTGB, 17) WLZL, 18) WMAL [G&A 17th, Rush 14th, Hannity 19th], 19) WJZW [Imus 22nd], 20) WJFK [Junks 15th, O'Meara 18th] and WTEM, 22) WPFW, 23) WFRE, 24) WAVA. More: 33) WACA and WFED and WJZW's webstream and WKDV, 38) WILC, 42) WKCW and WTNT [TWT AM show 34th] and WZHF.....

Date: July 28, 2009 04:49PM

Junkies = Failure

They are the obnoxious frat boy wannabes that you avoid in your neighborhood. They drive the Corvettes and have the $40,000 choppers but never seem to have the money they owe you and need to borrow money from mom and dad to make the mortgage payments.

Date: July 28, 2009 04:51PM

I believe one of the Junkies appears around the 22 second mark...

How the fuck these guys got a radio show with this schtick is beyond me.

Posted by: Zombie Dr ()
Date: July 28, 2009 05:17PM

I just don't know what I am going to do if I need a dose of unnecessary fart noises played over sound clips and bad impressions.

Posted by: Henry Wentworth Akely ()
Date: July 28, 2009 05:59PM

Special delivery!!

Don't sleep on the Junkies... EVER!
Attachments:
Junkie.gif

Date: July 28, 2009 06:50PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Junkies = Failure
>
> They are the obnoxious frat boy wannabes

These guys certainly haven't ever worked at a "real" job, one where bragging about how big your TV's are and how you tip your 'limo driver' a $180, gets you looks from co-workers that say: What a A-HOLE!!

You are mooooney Junks!! Mooooney - fer sure.

Date: July 28, 2009 08:30PM

Henry Wentworth Akely Wrote:
> Special delivery!!
>
> Don't sleep on the Junkies... EVER!

Awesome! This is going to be getting some use from me...until the Junks go the way of MoM.

Posted by: sy ()
Date: July 28, 2009 10:18PM

For hating the "Junks," you guys sure do seem to be fluent in a lot of their dumbass frat lingo.

Posted by: Henry Wentworth Akely ()
Date: July 28, 2009 10:24PM

That's the beauty of dumbass frat lingo. You don't have to "be fluent" or know what your talking about to use it.

Besides, you've never heard a commercial with one of the Junkies doing their terrible reads?

"Oh my god... I have a infesss-tation. TERMITES! ANTS! OH YUCK! That's why I use Barrium, ricks. Don't sleep on Barrium, killing things is.... not just their motto, donkeys.... it's their..... business.

Tell 'em JP sent you"

sy Wrote:
> For hating the "Junks," you guys sure do seem to
> be fluent in a lot of their dumbass frat lingo.

Posted by: Sigmund ()
Date: July 29, 2009 03:48AM

Bored Driver - YOU ARE SO RIGHT ! I'm stuck daily on the beltway and all my presets are on light rock stations now. All have the same suckass limited playlists. Last Thursday and this Tuesday some lame station played One Night In Bangkok ....WTF? MOM wasn't the best but it is the type of format we really need. Oh how I miss Uncle Johnny and the old crew from WAVA! I'm old, I'm cranky and I hate sports radio after work. Help us all.

"This radio station has been becoming shitier and shitier. Sports all day???, thats why we have ESPN Sportscenter. These are some of the lamest shows on this station. When people drive home they want to hear humorous antics and retarded stuff, not someones opinions and outlooks on sports, they wnat to laugh, there jobs sucks as is, now their ride home sucks as well!"

Posted by: Sigmund ()
Date: July 29, 2009 03:51AM

my Alzheimers is acting up - I meant Uncle Johnny and the crew at WRQX Q107 !!

Date: July 29, 2009 11:03AM

sy Wrote:
> For hating the "Junks," you guys sure do seem to
> be fluent in a lot of their dumbass frat lingo.

I don't know if you've noticed this or not - but the Junks follow a pretty predictable format day in and day out. "The Sports Page", the "Entertainment Page" etc., very O'Meara like very predictable.

In between: donks, ricks, "don't sleep on (whatever)", felted, joan, etc.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out their formula, or hour after hour dedicated listening. Oh, and about 30 minutes of each hour would be endless advertisements.

The Junks are rated in 15th place for a reason, and it ain't "silly" talent.

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: July 29, 2009 11:16AM

Just remember that like other on-air "talents", the Junkies are "acting/performing" in a manner they think us listeners want to hear. I cant speak for the other 3, but "Cakes" is a pretty normal, low-key dude off-air. Lives in a modest house, drives modest cars, married to a plain-jane (albiet very nice and sweet) wife, etc.

Date: July 29, 2009 11:34AM

The Junkies are tolerable when the talk about sports. Like today when one of the idiots - I think EB - was trying to claim that Jason Campbell was as good as Big Ben.

What kills me with these guys is when they try to discuss virtually anything not sports related. They are quickly out of their depth and painful to listen to. They obviously don't know shit about pretty much anything except for sports, gambling and bragging about the third-rate colleges they went to 20 years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 11:35AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Date: July 29, 2009 12:02PM

Rahrah Wrote:
> the Junkies are "acting/performing" in a manner
> they think us listeners want to hear...

Ah, but is it "entertainment"?

I vote "no". The boys (especially "Lurch") lost me with their constant harping on much money they made for how little they did.

Maybe there are Junks fans who want to hear how little they and their jobs matter to the morning radio gods, but I don't buy it.

WTL is right. When they veer from sports, it gets painful fast. These four have little off-the-cuff popular culture or basic knowledge and they flounder.

It's not all their fault - with a kick-ass producer who demanded more from the Junks, you might unearth some entertainment.

But it ain't gonna happen at the "Fan". The Junks are headed for 20th place in week-long ratings and 106.7 will be playing soccer-mom friendly adult contemporary music programming in 24 months or less.

Then Junks fans will have their boys on TV! For about 30 minutes, five days a week on Comcast, from 4 to 4:30pm.

Posted by: KristaD ()
Date: July 29, 2009 12:08PM

I realized that I just tolerated the Junkies because BOAD came on afterwards.
Since BOAD went off sir I haven't listen to the Junkies. Well...maybe the first couple of days, but that was it.

Posted by: Westie ()
Date: July 29, 2009 12:21PM

dapjdj Wrote:

> I vote "no". The boys (especially "Lurch") lost
> me with their constant harping on much money they
> made for how little they did.

That's funny -- I turned that off in disgust this morning when they were talking about the low interest rate on their bank accounts. These guys make more money than God, and all they do is talk about getting stuff for nothing. Lurch is the freaking worst. Guy would sell his kids for the right price.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: July 29, 2009 02:47PM

I don't think they make as much as some of you might think. Any observant person will notice, its very easy to live beyond your means around here. I bet they barely clear 150K a year. Which around here ,isn't much. Good money yes, but nothing to brag about.

Date: July 29, 2009 03:24PM

Doesn't Lurch always mention that he's house poor? Probably not far from the truth.

Date: July 29, 2009 03:32PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> I don't think they make as much as some of you
> might think. Any observant person will notice,
> its very easy to live beyond your means around
> here. I bet they barely clear 150K a year. Which
> around here ,isn't much. Good money yes, but
> nothing to brag about.

People who have never worked in broadcasting have no idea what people on the air actually make. It is not nearly as much as you folks think. No way in Hell Mike O'Meara was making $1.5 million, as was speculated here, even in the D&M days. Don may have, but not Mike and the crew (hence, the bitterness).

I would be surprised if any of the Junkies make more than $200K. Given that there are four of them and they are a package deal, I would bet the whole deal for them is in the $500K+ range, which would put each of them in the $125K to $150K range. I know guys making $70K driving around in Corvettes and leasing BMWs for their wives. They are idiots, too, just like The Junkies.

Date: July 29, 2009 04:20PM

What WTL says is probably spot on. They are self-proclaimed white trash from PG County. They are who they say they are, hiding in plain sight.

The move around here is to buy a house you can't aford that is expensive to maintain, take out a home equity loan, and or second mortgage, buy a an import (or two), a boat, furnish the house, and play the stock market. They are easy to spot, just look at whats parked in the driveway and how old it is.

With the exception of Cakes, who actually has a wife that works, all of them have pretty much done that in some sort of combination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 04:21PM by FurfaxTownie.

Date: July 30, 2009 08:59AM

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 07:23AM by FurfaxTownie.

Posted by: Bill Monroe ()
Date: July 30, 2009 09:27AM

The worst thing about the Don & Mike show were those days when Don was out, and Mike did the show himself. Same reason his own show was so bad. Besides, Mike is a truly hateful person and Don always just pretended to be. Mike, you weren't funny, and no one was interested in what you had to say.

Date: July 30, 2009 09:59AM

I never thought the Mike-only don is sick shows were that bad, but the thing to remember is Don was still the planning talent of those shows, setting the agenda and making things run from afar. Once Mike had to do it on his own, his unprepared ass sounded like dogshit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 09:59AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: rue ()
Date: July 30, 2009 04:34PM

Bored? Missing that daily fix of O'Meara hate? Care to hear Don shoot painful jolts of electricity through Mike's neck via a training collar? And Mike crying and yelling and generally acting like the diva he is?

Then you're in luck: http://chirb.it/JOLhxB

Hey, remember when WJFK actually used to be engaging?

Posted by: Bigsound ()
Date: July 30, 2009 05:17PM

What a bunch of Idiots... All we need is another 24 hours of the same BS sports talk every day same takes all day by different Mouths... At least there was a little fun to be had with Mike, not a bunch of asses that think they are sports Gods
most of who couldn't play their ass out of the closet where they belong.
I banned "The Fan" from my business for good... F... CBS

Posted by: pds ()
Date: July 30, 2009 06:57PM

The bottom line is that DC ain't no sports town. There's a reason why (local) sports radio has always been on AM.

These guys are treading water until the NFL season starts, but what happens after that? BORING, that's what.

I'm into sports and I've already tuned out, and it doesn't matter which donkey they put on the air. There's just not that much to talk about. How long can you beat a dead-horse? (ie. Dan Snyder)

PDS

Date: July 30, 2009 11:12PM

Here's the deal. Will The Fan succeed? I don't know. I haven't seen the ratings yet. Did MoM succeed? Look at the ratings. It didn't. It fucking sucked and died in the ratings.

You can bitch and moan all you want. The fact is MoM sucked ass and deserved to be taken off the air. End of story.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 31, 2009 01:50AM

I was so dissapointed that WJFK caught a bullet to the head, so i went out and found some other pod casts. I downloaded the Adam carolla show. Adam is a genious, but i cant stand the other people he surrounds himself with. WTL i have a question for you, you said you listen to the podcast, currently im listening to old episodes (2006). Please tell me they eventually get rid of Rachel Parry (from VH1) and that horrible sports guy... i cant fucking stand them.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 31, 2009 01:52AM

> Here's the deal. Will The Fan succeed? I don't
> know. I haven't seen the ratings yet. Did MoM
> succeed? Look at the ratings. It didn't. It
> fucking sucked and died in the ratings.
>
> You can bitch and moan all you want. The fact is
> MoM sucked ass and deserved to be taken off the
> air. End of story.

The Fan will be forever banished in the 18th to 22nd in the DC market.

Good job suits, CK and Mikie Hughes !! Way to go boyeez..... YOU GUYZ SUCK ASS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 01:54AM by mcsmack.

Date: July 31, 2009 09:02AM

Kenny_Powers Wrote:
> I was so dissapointed that WJFK caught a bullet to
> the head, so i went out and found some other pod
> casts. I downloaded the Adam carolla show. Adam is
> a genious, but i cant stand the other people he
> surrounds himself with. WTL i have a question for
> you, you said you listen to the podcast, currently
> im listening to old episodes (2006). Please tell
> me they eventually get rid of Rachel Parry (from
> VH1) and that horrible sports guy... i cant
> fucking stand them.

I don't listen to the podcasts from his radio show. I listen to his new podcasts that he does from his garage. Plenty of profanity and hilarity ensue.

He basically does an hour long interview and goes on these rants. Some of the interviews are clunkers, but most are pretty entertaining.

Posted by: Radio Ralph ()
Date: July 31, 2009 08:48PM

> I don't listen to the podcasts from his radio
> show. I listen to his new podcasts that he does
> from his garage. Plenty of profanity and hilarity
> ensue.
>
> He basically does an hour long interview and goes
> on these rants. Some of the interviews are
> clunkers, but most are pretty entertaining.

WTL, I agree. I started listening to Carolla's new podcasts a week or so ago and, for the most part, they're pretty funny. I had tried out his radio show last year but didn't care for it much. These "garagecasts" are much better, imo.

Mcsmack, I recall you once mentioned a show you liked but my memory garbled the exact name so I never found it. Something like "Rick Edleton" or "Rich Eagleton"? Am I even close? lol...

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 01, 2009 05:09AM

> Kenny_Powers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was so dissapointed that WJFK caught a bullet
> to
> > the head, so i went out and found some other
> pod
> > casts. I downloaded the Adam carolla show. Adam
> is
> > a genious, but i cant stand the other people he
> > surrounds himself with. WTL i have a question
> for
> > you, you said you listen to the podcast,
> currently
> > im listening to old episodes (2006). Please
> tell
> > me they eventually get rid of Rachel Parry
> (from
> > VH1) and that horrible sports guy... i cant
> > fucking stand them.
>
>
> I don't listen to the podcasts from his radio
> show. I listen to his new podcasts that he does
> from his garage. Plenty of profanity and hilarity
> ensue.
>
> He basically does an hour long interview and goes
> on these rants. Some of the interviews are
> clunkers, but most are pretty entertaining.

holy shit, must... have... where do you download them from? i cant stand those douches he broadcasted with.

Date: August 01, 2009 09:05AM

Kenny_Powers Wrote:

>
> holy shit, must... have... where do you download
> them from? i cant stand those douches he
> broadcasted with.

Here is his podcast site. It is also available through iTunes under "Adam Carolla Podcast."

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/

Posted by: McSucks ()
Date: August 01, 2009 04:23PM

Did anyone see the MOM cast update on dcrtv?

Rob is working on his own show,,,,

Bethann is out of the radio biz and back in NC

Buzz blogging on Huff. post

And Mike,,, preparing the comeback in Florida,,,,apparently w/o the rest of the cast

Date: August 01, 2009 07:27PM

McSucks Wrote:

> Did anyone see the MOM cast update on dcrtv?
>

Thanks for the tip!

> Rob is working on his own show,,,,

Apparently he is still at WJFK until mid-August. He is wasting his time with a new show. Nobody cares what he has to say. He may have skills in the production area he should fall back on .

>
> Bethann is out of the radio biz and back in NC
>
Yeah. In a non-radio "sales job." Any guesses? Anyone remodeling a house in NC and need a good lead on carpeting?

> Buzz blogging on Huff. post

Which probably pays nothing. He is also doing ad voiceover work, which is probably going to be his bread and butter.

>
> And Mike,,, preparing the comeback in
> Florida,,,,apparently w/o the rest of the cast

Mike...Mike...Mike. Didn't take long for that whole "You haven't heard the last of this team" bullshit to fall by the wayside. What an ass. Does Pensacola need a good midday guy at one of their AC stations?

By the way, hell of a way to show you "love your kids" by leaving the state. What a dick.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: August 03, 2009 02:43AM

> By the way, hell of a way to show you "love your
> kids" by leaving the state. What a dick.

If his ex has custody, leaving the state to work is far better than being unemployed in Virginia. It would also let him pay his alimony and child support if his kids are still young enough or in college.

Date: August 03, 2009 10:21AM

> (O'meara is) leaving the state. What a dick.

Seems to me he talked fitfully about owning property in a golf course community somewhere in Florida. Good riddance, he can be the drunken village idiot yelling at people on the golf course and driving everyone away when he's drunk at the bar. That strategy worked well for him in Manassass.

I can only hope O'Meara is headed for Tampa. It's a natural fit. Carlita can hook up some 11am to 1pm shifts at Mons Venus before the pros start working and thereby contribute to the O'Meara family cookie jar.

So Rob's "working on a show"? Hmmm, maybe a used car infomercial or wedding planning concept would work for him? That's never been tried before in the DC market, has it?

Date: August 03, 2009 11:39AM

Rob can't do his own show let alone be 1/2 of a show. He's not an on air personality type. Don G knew this and that's why Rob was limited with his air time on the old D&M show.

Buzz can do a Lets Kiss Obama's Ass show.

Date: August 03, 2009 10:03PM

McSucks Wrote:
> Did anyone see the MOM cast update on dcrtv?
>
> Rob is working on his own show,,,,
>
> Bethann is out of the radio biz and back in NC
>
> Buzz blogging on Huff. post
>
> And Mike,,, preparing the comeback in
> Florida,,,,apparently w/o the rest of the cast

I like you McSuck... Seems you have a firm grasp on the CF formerly known as the MOMS. Now it's just a matter of time before WJFK is flown controlled flight into terrain. May be they can start their own "Homeless Soccer League" of " Extraordinary pieces of Radio Shit".

Posted by: Blowhole of Farfalas ()
Date: August 05, 2009 01:51AM

Can't connect to PYBS. I know it has some links to DGS streams on the homepage. I wonder if they got nailed...

Posted by: donkeytimes ()
Date: August 05, 2009 01:54PM

I still get a kick out of hearing Buzz's voice on theose CDWG radio commericals - he lives's on daily for me.

hahahahaha

Date: August 05, 2009 02:01PM

Notice there's not much posting here anymore. Im having a hard time listening to the current WJFK (The Fan) lineup. All the shows pretty much sound the same. Maybe we were too harsh on TMOS. Let's start a campaign (and blog) to bring him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: August 05, 2009 02:36PM

Rahrah Wrote:
> Notice there's not much posting here anymore. Im
> having a hard time listening to the current WJFK
> (The Fan) lineup. All the shows pretty much sound
> the same. Maybe we were too harsh on TMOS. Let's
> start a campaign (and blog) to bring him
> back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres not much posting on any of the threads that talk about the fan,,,,

How many times can you say something sucks

Mon.-Sucks
Tues.-still sucks
Wed.-still sucking
Thur.-still sucking along
Fri-end of the week sucking,rest up for more sucking on Mon.

Its the Pittsburgh Pirates philosophy of business, you can be in last place without trying and still make money

CBS=Corporate Bastards Suck

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: August 06, 2009 07:07AM

Sports radio is always terrible. All of the shows talk about exactly the same thing or they each focus on a specific sport or group of sports. With the former, you'll only listen to one show because you don't need to listen to the others. With the latter, you'll only listen to the show(s) that address your particular sport. Plus, unless you are super hardcore, you'll only listen seasonally anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me to see WFJK switch formats again within the next year to include music or political talk, which would pretty well bring it back to the format it held a few years back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 07:10AM by boredom.

Posted by: donkeytimes ()
Date: August 06, 2009 01:21PM

Its only a matter of time before Hughes is gone from CBS...count on it.

Posted by: LOLcat ()
Date: August 06, 2009 01:51PM

I R a Raydeo Gawd

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/17/AR2009071703519.html

According to people at CBS, the company effectively decided that O'Meara wasn't successful enough to justify keeping him on the air. "The Mike O'Meara Show" had fallen considerably O'Meara's show finished eighth in its 3-to-7 p.m. time period among the most coveted adult listeners (ages 25 to 54) in June and seventh in May. But from January to April, it had reached no higher than 15th.

O'Meara says he's still on good terms with Geronimo, who's broadcasting at a small station on the Delaware shore. But no reunion is contemplated. "I think that ship has sailed," he says. "Don is doing his own thing. But I don't think that's in the future. There's a perception, at least on my part, that you move on. Dwelling on the past is not productive."

Date: August 06, 2009 03:44PM

I would imagine the only thing Mike has "contemplated" is the "reunion" of his mouth and a gun.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 06, 2009 04:06PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> You know they finally are doing something
> worthwhile, Thanks

Date: August 06, 2009 04:41PM

I can picture Mike in Florida wearing a Hawaiian shirt (fat guys love Hawaiian shirts) drinking margaritas and mai tais on the air, doing wacky voices in between Jimmy Buffett records,,,,

If he could get a gig like that and pay his bills, believe me, you'll never hear from him again unless your visiting Tampa

Less work=happy Mike

Date: August 07, 2009 11:07AM

It must used to really grind Don G's gears when angry callers would get into the "divide and conquer" arguments on the D&MS and Don would have to defend the working relationship, pretending Mike actually did something of value for the show.

Posted by: Parko ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:52PM

Mike did do something - he took up space..;)

Date: August 07, 2009 07:00PM

May be thats why Doni said on his show this week that there is 0 % chance of a reunion....... And that Rob is his best friend, Gosh Darn It DG has a great show!!.
Have a great weekend all. CAIO

Posted by: Too Bad, So Sad ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:07PM

Don Geronimo LIVE APPEARANCE at the Barista Cafe!!

Hopeful pre-show comments at Radio Gods Forum:

He's asking for listeners from his "old show" to show up also and he might
have an eating contest or some kind of talent show. Spread the word! :-) Maybe
listeners in NJ and DC can attend? Hey.. make a beach weekend out of it.

That would be pretty awesome if a couple hundred people showed up....

I see 4 messages on his Twitter about Friday's Barista show. He has a commercial
for the appearance running on GMD now and he's been pimping the remote pretty
hard in the last two days, on the radio. He said Wednesday he is going to put on
his *pimp pants* and try and find some local talent to be there. He's looking for
magic tricks, accordian player, flute player, drums, someone with a monkey. A
lady called in yesterday and asked could she come and sing. He said sure. Dennis
Murphy has responded w/his RSVP -- he will be there Friday. A guy who lives in
Montgomery County but has a house here at the beach said he would be there Friday
and Don said great.

Janet will be at Friday's show as his Vanna White, I think he said today. He will
be signing the new *better quality* lobster bibs (for the first 50 there) with
his beloved Sharpie® pens on Friday.

And then, the spectacular turnout:

gallery_6010_1_675591.jpggallery_6010_1_244917.jpggallery_6010_1_12015.jpg
                                   Local talent (?)

gallery_6010_1_574343.jpg

DCRTV Mailbag comment:
Don Geronimo: Bring in the clowns, his career is done. By all accounts, The Don
Geronimo Show's live broadcast from the Barista Cafe today was a small, cozy
affair. That has to be as disappointing to Sorce as it is for us.

See, deep down, we were hoping that a true old fashioned Las Vegas style show
would have broken out - a wild, packed affair that would have pissed off WGMD &
Barista Cafe management but would of have been a testament that his legions of
loyal fans still support him.

After all, it was Sorce who put the word out about today's event.

Sadly it seems, instead of a surprise stripper, you had Jan Sorce trying to play
the role of Freda.

Instead of midgets, you saw in the audience, a few twitter followers to Sorce's posts.

Instead of cops being called to break-up an unruly crowd, you had what, soft
music playing in the background?

Simply put, Sorce must have looked like one of those yesteryear washed-up
athletes you see time to time at Wal Mart begging to sign a few autographs.

Looking uncomfortable sitting at the card table as the majority of people walk by
saying "how sad, isn't that Don Geronimo?"

Sad clown indeed.

Posted by: Johnny Rotten ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:59PM

Maybe the Florida crackers will like Mike....but I doubt it. AT least Rob and Buzz didn't go with him. What a fucking train wreck that combination was.

Posted by: Terry hates Tards ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:32PM

You can try and bash Geronimo all you want, but that S.O.B has proven his worth time and time again. That S.O.B. is out there trying to work, where as Mike O'Meara was handed a job and "fucked it up". Like it or not, Geronimo is here to stay. If C.B.S. was smart, they would pay attention to the groundswell of support that Geronimo is getting and make a deal. Last time I checked, Geronimo had more online support than Mike O'Meara, Rob(b) Spewak, Buzz Burbank, and even BA McBride combined.

To the people bashing Geronimo, that shit won't fly. He is at least trying. I have heard his O.C. air time and it is 110% better than the shit O'Meara was calling in.

Rather than hating for hates sake, why not throw a bone and give a little support?

Posted by: Terry hates Tards ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:34PM

Oh yeah, let's look at Mike O'Meara's great 50th Birthday party were 2 fucking listeners showed up. 'nuff said.

Posted by: Too Bad, So Sad ()
Date: August 08, 2009 12:01AM

gallery_6010_1_244917.jpg     gallery_6010_1_12015.jpg     gallery_6010_1_574343.jpg
"the groundswell of support that Geronimo is getting"

"Last time I checked, Geronimo had more online support than Mike O'Meara, Rob(b)
Spewak, Buzz Burbank, and even BA McBride combined."

- Last time I checked, that don't count for shit in terms of ratings.

"I have heard his O.C. air time and it is 110% better than the shit O'Meara was
calling in."

- 110% better than shit is still pretty shitty, innit?

"Rather than hating for hates sake, why not throw a bone and give a little support?"

- This is comical on a thread that is 98% hating for hate's sake and/or
schadenfreude. All I've heard of DG's show are the 4 or so uploads that
have since been cut off. Based on that limited sample, DG is talented and
energetic, without a doubt, but the show didn't hold my interest. That said,
it's still very early as these things go. But I rather suspect his moment has
passed.

"Oh yeah, let's look at Mike O'Meara's great 50th Birthday party were 2 fucking
listeners showed up. 'nuff said."

- Precisely. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If you're
going to mock O'Meara for failed live events, then you're in no position to
whine about someone else mocking Geronimo for similar such failures.

Posted by: dcstepheno ()
Date: August 09, 2009 08:57PM

I agree with you. I have been looking for information about where Don and/or Mike may be broadcasting. I have some work in Salisbury, so I will check Don's morning show when I am in range of WCMD. . I have listened to them since 1987 and this year's loss of Mike O'Meara has left a big void in afternoon radio. Mike's show was better than the old D&M Show, and now DC has nothing like it. The only place to go is Sirius/XM.

I don't know why there are all these negative posts. How many of you people have ever worked in radio? What is the rational for beating a dead horse?

Date: August 09, 2009 11:37PM

dcstepheno Wrote:

>
> I don't know why there are all these negative
> posts.

MoM Show sucked.

> How many of you people have ever worked in
> radio?

Me, for one. I know the Mike O'Meara personality type. He was a fucking parasite who road on Don's coattails and who wasn't smart enough to continue doing what Don had done so well. Instead, he chose to listen to the programming guys - aka "The Sales Guys."

Anyone who has ever worked in the industry can tell you that "The Sales Guys," don't know SHIT about programming and should never be listened to. Mike was too fucking stupid or arrogant to realize that.

> What is the rational for beating a dead
> horse?

It's fun.

Date: August 12, 2009 01:56AM

Don had an interesting post on his blog dongeronimo.posterous.com about his situation with CBS

More proof,,,,Corporate Bastards Suck

"Hey CBS you SUCK,,,,Go to Hell,,,and you suck"

Posted by: glock01 ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:21AM

The MoM show was good, but, of course, not as good as D&M. The old show worked because Don ran the show, allowing Mike to handle the comedy. Doesn't matter anyway, sports talk has driven everyone to podcasts.

Date: August 12, 2009 10:57AM

How about an Elvis Death Day Show.... Haven't heard one of those in a while.

Well good news kids.. The DGS will resurrect this great tribute on Friday, 08.14.09.

Also his remote from the Barista Cafe was pretty good. Especially if you compare it to any of MOMS crappy whore bits he did. Sure they were giving away free food and had alot of house frows with kids, but it was still entertaining with Don creating several uncomfortable and humorous moments.

Date: August 12, 2009 11:00AM

So what do you think Mike is planning on doing in Florida? I believe one of the largest, if not THE largest, Harley dealerships in the country is located around Orlando or Jacksonville. Wonder if he is going to do some shitty weekly Harley show that he will feed to crappy AMers and low-watt FMers to fill their Sunday afternoon slots? Then he can tell all the shitty Harley stories he wants to his 10 Harley-riding listeners.

Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: August 12, 2009 12:44PM

The level of loathing that O'Meara inspired is amazing. The fat load has been off the air for weeks now and people here are STILL talking about him!

Date: August 12, 2009 01:22PM

It's because the new WJFK "The Fan" has left us all speechless. They've (all the shows) have been filling time by talking about Jason Campbell non-stop. The military should think about forcing prisoner's to listen to the drek. They will surely fess to anything after listening for a few hours....

Posted by: Parko ()
Date: August 12, 2009 04:12PM

O'Meara, down on your knees and bow. For I stand before you, holier than thou.

- Don Geronimo

Date: August 12, 2009 06:09PM

So the question is, how many hours after Mike recorded his "This isn't the last you have heard of the Mike O'Meara Show with Buzz and Rob(b)" swan song, do you think it took him to book his Air Tran ticket to Pensacola to leave these saps in the dust?

See, Donnie went out of his way to secure Mike a gig when he left, even though CBS didn't want him (turns out, for good reason). Mike, on the other hand, bailed on his co-workers before the studio was cold.

Posted by: Fudgeknuckles ()
Date: August 12, 2009 10:35PM

ponderous, effing ponderous.

Posted by: Radio Ralph ()
Date: August 13, 2009 07:51PM

This pic isn't really relevant to MOM or the DGS or the Fan or anything else, frankly...

I just like looking at it. - RR
Attachments:
babe_on_bike.jpg

Date: August 14, 2009 06:21AM

Fudgeknuckles Wrote:
> ponderous, effing ponderous.

Speaking of effing ponderous, excuse me while I take another victory lap....

Posted by: is it true? ()
Date: August 14, 2009 07:52AM

I've hear FLA mentioned as O'Smeara's new home. any truth to that?

Date: August 14, 2009 08:47AM

is it true? Wrote:
> I've hear FLA mentioned as O'Smeara's new home.
> any truth to that?

DCRTV reported that O'Meara is working on a national program that would be based out of Florida. Not sure if it is true or not, but it sounds like DCRTV got it from someone at WJFK. I guess technically he could still live in Virginia and do it, but I think that would be unrealistic if the rumor is true.

Date: August 14, 2009 01:40PM

>> DCRTV reported that O'Meara is working on a
> national program that would be based out of
> Florida.

"National program." Give me a break. He's gonnan sit in his underwear and babble into his laptop. Then he'll send the MP3 files to any broken-down AM station that will broadcast his tripe. Maybe someone will actually pay him eventually.

What is the MOM gonna due without his hardworking staff?

Date: August 14, 2009 01:58PM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> What is the MOM gonna due without his hardworking
> staff?

You mean, like the "hardworking" executive producer who spent the duration of the show living in an Extended Stay Hotel instead of an apartment? Yeah, nothing shows commitment to success like having one foot out the door the entire time.

Posted by: McthisdoesntSucks ()
Date: August 14, 2009 08:23PM

Radio Ralph Wrote:
> This pic isn't really relevant to MOM or the DGS
> or the Fan or anything else, frankly...
>
> I just like looking at it. - RR

This is one of those pictures that begs for the story that goes with it

Date: August 18, 2009 09:02AM

Back during the D&M Show, Don used to play a clip of marion barry signing about being someones father (Michael Skofield or something). I never caught the back story behind that and it has irked me all these years. Anyone remember?

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 18, 2009 10:50AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMRHifaAC8

Don't remember what it's from. Some TV profile or something if I remember correctly.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:56AM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMRHifaAC8
>
> Don't remember what it's from. Some TV profile or
> something if I remember correctly.

That's funny! I totally forgot about that.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: August 18, 2009 05:33PM

ALLFOONNSOO..... SCOOFFIELLDD..... JUUNNIOORRR...

I AM YOUR FATHER....

Date: August 18, 2009 09:48PM

Ahhhh....Priceless. I have been waiting all day to hear that, no youtube at work. Thanks!

Date: August 19, 2009 12:32AM

Classic!
maybe you have to be from D.C. area to appreciate this fully, but it is a great clip,,,,,its f'in surreal on a certain level,,,,
Whatever you think of the "Mayor for life" he IS a D.C. Icon

"Bitch set me up!"

Date: August 21, 2009 06:44AM

Rob(b) Spewak's new show debuts this morning at 9am ET....In Iowa City...only. And it sounds like only for one time....

From DCRTV's 8/20 Mailbag: "From longtime Don and Mike and Mike O'Meara affiliate KCJJ in Iowa City on their Facebook: 'You loved him on Don and Mike and the Mike O'Meara show.. Now he's irresistable on his own.. Robb Spewak previews his new show on KCJJ with Steve and Tommy.. Friday morning at 8 central. Only on 1630 and www.1630kcjj.com.. click on KCJJ RAW.. or www.ustream.tv'".....

Date: August 21, 2009 08:36AM

He'd make more money waiting tables then on some AM station in Iowa. Think about your family Rob.

Date: August 21, 2009 08:41AM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> He'd make more money waiting tables then on some
> AM station in Iowa. Think about your family Rob.

It's really sad. He has spent a month producing "a new show," and the best he can get out of the old affiliate list is a preview on an AM-er in Iowa City.

Radio is a vicious business. I worked in the industry 20 years ago and got out because I saw that this is what happens when you hit 40. I remember one guy I worked with stuck with it. Within the past five years he finally got out of the industry. At the time, I think he was making $25K, and he had a wife and kids. Fucking pathetic.

Date: August 21, 2009 09:07AM

Ooh! Rob(b) is distributing his show via FTP. How can he fail!

Posted by: Sweeney Todd ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:07AM

Quiet day at work, so I tuned into the stream at www.1630kcjj.com out of morbid curiousity.

There is a streaming webcam of two dorky morning zoo-types who had a show on prior to Rob(b)'s 9AM "preview." They stayed on the air, and Rob(b) has phoned into their show and spend the first 5 minutes babling about how hot was a Busch Gardens. Boring, and the audio quality of Rob(b)'s phone is awful. I've ejected and will never go back again.

Pages: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.