HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: donkeytimes ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:42PM

Maybe Mike, BA, Buzz and Robb(aye) could enroll in the Connecticut School of Broadcasting in their time off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: FanSince1985 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:52PM

Now that MOM is gone, what will you little brains have to do with your day. Yes, the show was different when Don retired. I did not agree with Mike & Buzz's politics - on those days I turned the program off.

Say what you will MOM Team suited up each day and did their best while you little brains did nothing but listened and complain. Go get a life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: VEWJM ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:56PM

FanSince1985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Say what you will MOM Team suited up each day and
> did their best while you little brains did nothing
> but listened and complain. Go get a life.

They did their best huh? That's a great reason to let the show go on! You're probably one of those parents that forces soccer leagues to give every player a trophy, no matter where they placed. After all, the players did their best.

In the real world, if your best isn't good enough, you get fired. Mike found this out. You may have enjoyed his best, but people like you were few and far between. Ship him one of your kid's trophies, I'm sure that will make him feel great about "giving his best."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:58PM

FanSince1985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that MOM is gone, what will you little brains
> have to do with your day.


We'll complain about the new format.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: FanSince1985 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:06PM

You seem to know a lot about raising kids. Where did you develop your knowledge? I doubt that you have had a relationship with anthing other than a keyboard and a mouse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:09PM

Fan,
Do you feel that the "haters" of Mike O'Meara were somehow more responsible for his show's demise than he was?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:15PM

Now that I think about it he's right. If we had all wished real hard and clapped our hands none of this would have happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Brando ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:22PM

I listened to several of the DGS downloads before that was cut off (thanks for blowing the cover on that, dcrtv).

(1) DG has tremendous talent and energy, but his show is completely helter-skelter, and less enjoyable than wearing. It's very early, and he may well settle into a comfortable groove, but that's my preliminary take.

(2) I will be surprised if DG is not fired from that gig. It doesn't seem like that small town can particularly handle or enjoy his level of big-city snark. Although he's obviously trying to tone it down, you get the feeling (at least I did) that he's playing to a room where his meanness just doesn't play.

(3) DG has the chops to go solo, but DG/MOM is superior to solo DG.

(4) The Ed McMahon/MOM comparison is legitimate, to an extent - i.e., MOM is ill-suited to sit in the lead chair - but MOM brought far more to the table than Ed McMahon ever did. I thought the jazz analogy post was more accurate - Mike as side man who is good enough to cut the leader, but is not himself a leader.

(5) There does appear to be some lingering bad feelings between DG and MOM, so a reunion seems unlikely (never say never in show biz, however).

(6) Even if they did reunite, unless the FCC loosens things up to pre-wardrobe-malfunction standards (which is not out of the question), D&M could never recreate the edgy magic of the old D&M Show.

(7) DG's book could be quite interesting, if he lets it all hang out.

(8) I thought dcrtv's movie concept of former big-city radio god partners reduced to competing at different stations in the same small-town market was pretty amusing, and actually a semi-plausible idea for a Will Ferrell/John C. Reilly vehicle.

(9) Has DG ever given his take on the Wolfman Jack stuff in American Graffiti?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 17, 2009 04:27PM

Mike's final message: "The Mike O'Meara Show will be back."

No, it won't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Larry Williams ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:27PM

Don't forget that you're here posting too, dipshit. Take your own advice...Or take mine: Go eat a bullet.



FanSince1985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that MOM is gone, what will you little brains
> have to do with your day. Yes, the show was
> different when Don retired. I did not agree with
> Mike & Buzz's politics - on those days I turned
> the program off.
>
> Say what you will MOM Team suited up each day and
> did their best while you little brains did nothing
> but listened and complain. Go get a life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 17, 2009 04:33PM

FanSince1985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------


> Say what you will MOM Team suited up each day and
> did their best while you little brains did nothing
> but listened and complain. Go get a life.


You know what? We all fucking get suited up each day to do our best. Mike's best wasn't good enough. I wish him well in his stint on Roanoke's number 3 Adult Contemporary station, or wherever he ends up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: oldskool ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:44PM

Lando - Most radio shows don't get to do a "goodbye" show. That's based on the company, not the DJ's. The company doesn't want them to get on the air, and bash the company.

Examples:

When the Junkies were at WHFS, they did their whole show, and at about 9:45, they announced that the station was changing formats, and they wouldn't be there the next day. At 10 AM, El Zol took over.

When O&A were fired in NY, they didn't get to do a "farewell" show. Granted, they were fired due to outrage over their on air content (because CBS would rather cower before standing up for their talent) rather than due to ratings, but they played "worst of" O&A until D&M took over their time slot.

The fact that Big O and Dukes got to work all week long, I think was due in part to the fact that Chad isn't leaving, and they're working on things for Oscar. This also let's Chad say goodbye to this show, and not answer questions next week when they're trying to get a new show off the ground.

The fact that they were allowed by management to prerecord anything, and play it as a goodbye says that the management liked them, and let them say "something". What else did they need to do? Take 4 hours of calls from listeners saying "CBS sucks, MoM you're the best"? With the way the shows been lately, they might not have had 4 hours of calls, and that would REALLY be a horrible way to end the show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Pukes ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:52PM

Mike WAS given a choice to do a farewell show by management...he said it himself. He could care less about the few listeners he has left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: antics ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:53PM

Was Mike's taped farewell played at the beginning of the show, or will it be played at the end?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: oldskool ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:54PM

I heard 3 PM, 5PM, and 7PM. Later I heard 6:30 rather than 7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: antics ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:57PM

Thanks, oldskool. I've been listening for 20 years and didn't want to miss it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 05:26PM

Seems like he preferred to get a jump-start on his "vacation"...

Pukes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike WAS given a choice to do a farewell show by
> management...he said it himself. He could care
> less about the few listeners he has left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Lando ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:10PM

Thank you, pukes. Oldskool must think I am still wiping of the amniotic fluid off my person after being born yesterday. I knew that O'Meara had the choice, just not the interest or maybe the balls...

stop with the excuses, Oldskool...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 17, 2009 06:21PM

I heard his farewell. He took about 30 minutes to say nothing. Lots of platitudes to people who probably didn't deserve them (Hughes, CK in particular). Then Rob(b) pointed out that CK started out as an intern under him and is now his boss while Rob(b) has spent 17 years doing the exact same thing. Hmmm. Finally, Mike equated his leaving with a cryptic reference to some nefarious plot by somebody to take away our freedoms (it lasted like a minute and was really odd).

All in all, it was boring and predictable. If you were a MoM fan, you probably cried. If he didn't care for MoM, you are probably just glad the nightmare is over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: antics ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:24PM

According to the farewell message, they did everything they could to do a final show for us, but in the end were not allowed to because of legal issues with CBS Radio. I don't see why he would purposely not do a final show after all these years, and especially if he will indeed find a new market and continue the show after contracts expire. After all these years, why purposely leave on a sour note and risk pissing off the fans that he will count on in the future?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 17, 2009 06:27PM

antics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to the farewell message, they did
> everything they could to do a final show for us,
> but in the end were not allowed to because of
> legal issues with CBS Radio. I don't see why he
> would purposely not do a final show after all
> these years, and especially if he will indeed find
> a new market and continue the show after contracts
> expire. After all these years, why purposely
> leave on a sour note and risk pissing off the fans
> that he will count on in the future?

If you listened to the segment, it sounds like they recorded their last three shows at one time. This makes me think that they did everything in June and that if they did anything after June 30, there may have been some contractual penalty that Mike didn't want to deal with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: antics ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:33PM

antics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to the farewell message, they did
> everything they could to do a final show for us,
> but in the end were not allowed to because of
> legal issues with CBS Radio. I don't see why he
> would purposely not do a final show after all
> these years, and especially if he will indeed find
> a new market and continue the show after contracts
> expire. After all these years, why purposely
> leave on a sour note and risk pissing off the fans
> that he will count on in the future?

I missed the first minute of the message. Just heard it now. Apparently he was offered an opportunity to do a final show, but declined not wanting to "preside over his funereal".
And yeah, I agree that there were probably also some contractual penalties involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:09PM

I caught Mike's reference that the farewell message was their third show taping of the day as well (I guess Mike really wanted to get a start to his vacation). Also had to laugh that after the farewell message they kind of played "the best of the best of" (very short segments of all their best bits over the year or so). Actually, there wasnt much to laugh at because none of it was funny. Just reinforced what was wrong with the show.

Anyone catch Chad Duke's farwell wherein the last few moments of the show he basically apologized that he did not have the balls to walk away from JFK in solidarity of Oscar.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:09PM

All I know is its great hearing Don back on the air. His show is so much easier to listen to then MOM. I actually looked forward to Dennis Murphys' Man on Street interview today. Don is a genuine article and doesn't sound forced on air like MOM did. Mike's gone, Don's back. It really seems surreal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:41PM

Did anyone catch Mike asserting that one thing he really wanted to achieve on his show was treating everyone with respect?

I had to laugh. If you tuned in on any given day, you could hear Mike bitching at BA, Robb or Buzz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: IllWIll ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:38PM

Wow. Such resentment for Ol' Mike. It's just a show.

Anyway, I will agree I enjoyed the old D&M show. Even after the whole FCC crackdown I still thought they were great without all the "edgy" (and I use that term loosely) stuff that they stopped doing. I really miss it. I was really hoping that the show would get better because Don was an asshole. That was his on-air personality I guess. Anyway, when a new incarnation arose with Don absent, you could really feel the mediocrity. I guess as much as I thought Don was a fat, petulant, man-child, he really brought a whole lot to the show that Mike couldn't.

All in all, I hung in because I liked some of the banter between Mike, Rob(b?) and Buzz. I stopped listening towards the end. Hopefully whatever they do next is better. Mostly I'm sad to see wjfk go though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:47PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I know is its great hearing Don back on the
> air. His show is so much easier to listen to then
> MOM. I actually looked forward to Dennis Murphys'
> Man on Street interview today. Don is a genuine
> article and doesn't sound forced on air like MOM
> did. Mike's gone, Don's back. It really seems
> surreal.

Since when is Don back on the air? His non-compete goes until like 2010.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:48PM

IllWIll Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. Such resentment for Ol' Mike. It's just a
> show.
>
> Anyway, I will agree I enjoyed the old D&M show.
> Even after the whole FCC crackdown I still thought
> they were great without all the "edgy" (and I use
> that term loosely) stuff that they stopped doing.
> I really miss it. I was really hoping that the
> show would get better because Don was an asshole.
> That was his on-air personality I guess. Anyway,
> when a new incarnation arose with Don absent, you
> could really feel the mediocrity. I guess as much
> as I thought Don was a fat, petulant, man-child,
> he really brought a whole lot to the show that
> Mike couldn't.
>
> All in all, I hung in because I liked some of the
> banter between Mike, Rob(b?) and Buzz. I stopped
> listening towards the end. Hopefully whatever they
> do next is better. Mostly I'm sad to see wjfk go
> though.

You have no Idea what your talking about. Everyone reading this thread is now dumber as a result of your ignorance on display. Hopefully your sterile so your inferior gene pool will be deleted from the human race permanently. Seriously ass wipe benefit the entire human race and eat lead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:51PM

boredom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All I know is its great hearing Don back on the
> > air. His show is so much easier to listen to
> then
> > MOM. I actually looked forward to Dennis
> Murphys'
> > Man on Street interview today. Don is a genuine
> > article and doesn't sound forced on air like
> MOM
> > did. Mike's gone, Don's back. It really seems
> > surreal.
>
> Since when is Don back on the air? His
> non-compete goes until like 2010.

You just have to be a little smarter then the average CBS, and thats not hard to do. Except for dip shits like IIIWIII

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:57PM

Oh And http://www.wgmd.com/ 9am to12 weekdays

http://www.wgmd.com/programming-schedule.html



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 09:08PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: The Big Lebowski ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:54PM

Mike - was a fat lazy S.O.B. who was only good at being a "mimic". Now that he is old and his throat is gone due to booze and smokes, he can kiss his career goodbye. He continues to blame everyone but himself for all his problems. Everything he has tried himself, he has failed at. He is the epitome of someone living deep in denial. Don didn’t have anything to do with his failing at radio. Mike did that all by himself. I don’t know what is worse, the fact that he sucked so bad or the fact that he put more effort into defending himself than actually working on the show. Legend in his own mind. Mike needs to get his ass in rehab.
Buzz – old, shit bag, full of shit buzz. Nice one dimensional character. You can’t even ad-lib one sentence without stammering and stuttering. Guess what Buzz, it is 2009 and people don’t need you to read them what is on TMZ and Fark.com. Yeah, Letterman and Cheech and Chong, welcome to 1980. Get yourself a gig doing voice over for minimum.
Rob – the only reason you were ever allowed on the radio is because you were a higher level Dennis Murphy. You were the fat kid they picked on and force to eat Reese Peanut Butter till your momma called in and complained. You think you are so high and mighty. Look at Tom, Dennis, and Joe. You are slightly above that. If Don didn’t like you and take you under his wing, you would NEVER have been on the radio. You are a slightly elevated Joe. If it wasn’t for Don, there is no way in hell your weak-ass pipes would ever be on radio.
B.A. – You suck and you know it. You can tell yourself you are putting in all this effort, but look at your results – NOTHING. The only reason your work is to distract yourself from the fact that you have no family or life.

To Mike, Buzz, Rob, and B.A. – due yourselves a favor and go eat a bullet. All of your lives are going to get a lot harder. You should have appreciated what you had when you had it.

WJFK = Rudderless ship.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:29PM

Geez Lebowski!! I thought I was harsh. I think Mike has already fed them a bullet.

Mike, as I said before,sat by Don for 20 years and obviously gleaned not one freeking ounce of quality production common sense. For some damn reason he decided from the beginning to pretty much pitch the Don Geronimo template responsible for his success. Don left for sure, but didn't he learn anything he could use to employ on his new show? NO! Not Mike. He ran like a little bitch to the Jack Diamond School of Broadcasting and started ranting "Dons gone! I'm still here! I'm not changing nothin'! Pinch it! Curl it! lick it". His cookie cutter approach to producing his morning zoo in afternoon drive was the absolute laziest way out. Path of least resistance. The man is a neurotic dumpster fire. Well now they can have a talent fire sale because an average rating of 18th place in the 3rd largest market should guaranty relocation plans in their future.

BA looks like the smartest one of them all, what with her sparsely furnished studio apartment and being able to cram all her earthly possessions into her fanny pack... And her spiffy new hair doo. She's been ready to roll to her next great adventure every since she returned to DC.

I do wish them well. However their 15 months of airtime is over and not one minute too soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Occasional listener ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:17PM

So much hate...

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> guaranty

...and shit for brains.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:42PM

Occasional listener Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So much hate...
>
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > guaranty
>
> ...and shit for brains.

Occasional listener............Full time Dip Shit...........Eternal Loser....Ad Infinitum

Now go find your F buddy Mike O and get T-Bagged



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 12:18AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Vermontster ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:17AM

Up here in VT MOM was the ONLY fresh thing in the p.m. market. D&M was certainly better, but times change and we all have to adjust.

Mock me if you must to satisfy your lust for hate - like i care - I'll never check back to see what you haters have to say - but I'll sleep better at night thanking Mike, Buzz, Rob, BA, Katie and 'even' Joe for their service and wish them all Godspeed moving forward.

To those who are about to puke at this posting: F-U and your ugly mother/sister too you F-en-mther-f-ers! You couldn't do better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:23AM

Vermontster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Up here in VT MOM was the ONLY fresh thing in the
> p.m. market. D&M was certainly better, but times
> change and we all have to adjust.
>
> Mock me if you must to satisfy your lust for hate
> - like i care - I'll never check back to see what
> you haters have to say - but I'll sleep better at
> night thanking Mike, Buzz, Rob, BA, Katie and
> 'even' Joe for their service and wish them all
> Godspeed moving forward.
>
> To those who are about to puke at this posting:
> F-U and your ugly mother/sister too you
> F-en-mther-f-ers! You couldn't do better.

All I know is ESPN is tryin' to F me. Their trying to make a controversy and there's not gonna be a controversy. I was just havin' fun and jokin' around with some friends. So if you don't like that, F-U and your families to.....Now lets talk about the game.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 12:28AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:41AM

And Hey Vermin

Your Mom and I want you out of the basement by next weekend. She wants to really get Freaky!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 01:00AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: sy ()
Date: July 18, 2009 03:35AM

The only sentence that really matters from Saturday's WaPo obituary http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/17/AR2009071703519.html:

Quote

O'Meara says he's got time to consider his options, which might include some voice-over or cartoon work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 18, 2009 07:21AM

"Voice Over or Cartoon work?" Ironic. The one thing he was good at but refused to do on his show will be his fallback.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 07:21AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Carlos Calientes ()
Date: July 18, 2009 07:34AM

[www.washingtonpost.com]:


The WaPo story about TMOS is really bullshit, blame everyone but O'Meara. Nothing talks about O'Meara's inability to do a quality show. The economy is bad? Sounds like no better time to give people free entertainment to take their minds somewhere else. And was O'Meara so in love with his craft that he wouldn't take a paycut down to something in the 75 to 100k range, just to stay on the radio and refine his show so it could draw more ratings?

Everything O'Meara seemed to emphasize in the Post story is everything I question. "That ship has sailed" he says when talking of a reunion with Don, "but we're still friends". Sounds to me that Don doesn't want to work with you anymore and O'Meara won't admit it publicly. If Don asked Mike to come back with him, I bet he'd crawl back like a bitch.

"I was a victim of a recession". Again, the only victim should have been your salary, not the show quality. God forbid if Mike worked a little harder for less, or trimmed the fat a little and canned Buzz, maybe let Robb do the news (and produce). But there was zero foresight on Mikes part, call it what you want, it's been said here ad nauseum, Mike- you were lazy, you phoned it in..Repetive as it is, it is (was) the truth.

How much does Mike really think he is worth in this market, or for that matter when the market improves? He hasn't proven himself able to get an audience without Don. Are his voiceover talents so great? I would think that there are probably many people with good voiceover or mimic skills that could do what O'Meara wants big money for. And they will be happy to do it.

Lastly, Mike lost all of his credibility. He acted like an asshole to callers, like an "above-it-all" snob who had better things to do. His laugh became faker by the week, his enthusiasm disingenuinous. I think behind his bullshit, he's a neurotic phoney, an "anti-Cronkite" if you must. His "pinch it, curl it" rant is worse than our last presidents "Mission Accomplished". Move to sunny Jacksonville,FL and host a home refi show, you drunken bozo, Northern Virginia is fucking sick of your shit.

Former WJFK listeners owe nothing to O'Meara, as we owe nothing to the former NFL great wwho plays bad ball past his prime or the starlet who's once sexy looks go south. We listened, we suffered through the ads for Mangrate and Patriot Harley Davidson. We did our part- you fucking assholes didn't do yours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 18, 2009 08:00AM

He's a victim of the recession? That explains why the Junkies weren't canned?

If he had ratings, he would still be there. He didn't because he didn't produce a quality product. And claiming that 14th place was "hitting his stride" doesn't help, either. That should be an embarrassment that someone who was part of one of the top shows in DC for decades was going toe-to-toe with 4th rate syndicated conservative talkers and "Jesus Talk" formats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: July 18, 2009 08:19AM

I missed O'Meara's sign-off because I haven't listened to his show in months. It was an awful show and deserved to be canned. Good riddance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: July 18, 2009 08:22AM

And for the rest of Northern VA who doesn't follow your "I'm trying to be like a reporter" bullshit, Carlos, shut the fuck up. You guys got what you wanted, yet I'm sure this thread will go on, and on, and on, and on.

It's real simple. The show ended because the ratings weren't strong enough for the station to justify the cost of the show.

1. Too many goddamn commercials. The show was 50% commercials if not more and they would come in 10+ minute blocks. This helped raise money, but it drove away listeners either because their commute length was too short to listen to more than one segment, or they went elsewhere to actually listen to a non-commercial packed station.

2. Too many game show bits. If they had turned it into a pure news show it would have been more interesting. If they had turned the show into "How to knit a pair of socks" it would have been more interesting than listening to a dozen morons wipe out on the Power of 5 on the first question.

3. Too many employees which means too many people for the station to have to pay. If he'd had half as many employees he literally would have been twice as successful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: John R. ()
Date: July 18, 2009 10:13AM

"But from January to April, it had reached no higher than 15th. A better showing might have kept it on the air even with the station's move to sports, company executives acknowledged. " - Washington Post Article

It's not the economy,the station flip, or anything else, you were fired because of your ratings (a.k.a. your performance). Stop living in denial Mike. You sucked and you killed the show. Your own bosses said that they would have kept you around if your ratings were higher.

As Don said "Don't fuck it up Mike"

Well Mike, you fucked it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 10:45AM

boredom wrote:

3."Too many employees which means too many people for the station to have to pay. If he'd had half as many employees he literally would have been twice as successful".??

What school of economics did you attend? Dumb Fuck U? Your either a stoner, tard, or stupid little high schooler. I say stupid little High Schooler. Get the Fuck out of here Junior and don't come back until you've got hair down there.



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 10:58AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 11:16AM

John R. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "But from January to April, it had reached no
> higher than 15th. A better showing might have kept
> it on the air even with the station's move to
> sports, company executives acknowledged. " -
> Washington Post Article
>
> It's not the economy,the station flip, or anything
> else, you were fired because of your ratings
> (a.k.a. your performance). Stop living in denial
> Mike. You sucked and you killed the show. Your
> own bosses said that they would have kept you
> around if your ratings were higher.
>
> As Don said "Don't fuck it up Mike"
>
> Well Mike, you fucked it up.


It makes you wonder if it wasn't one of his goals to do a Jack Diamond Show and do it right all along. I just keep going back several years when they had an on air spat over Don saying he could do the show without the entourage and be successful. Mike, of course, went ballistic.

I think mike took the show in the Zoo direction more out of spite and to establish a line of demarcation between he and Don. Don lampooned zoo type radio and still does on his new show. I really think Mike thought he was gonna show Don.

note to boredom, stoners, tards and what nots : "Demarcation" means a conceptual boundary, something you can see



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 11:17AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:11PM

>"Demarcation" means a conceptual boundary, something you can see<

You can see a conceptual boundary? Orly? And I suppose too noumena and platonic forms, and the thin blue line (or so I'm told) between law and anarchy.

The question I have for you, O great non-tarded one: can you see the pompous ass staring back at you when you look in the mirror?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:18PM

mcsmack wrote: "What school of economics did you attend? Dumb Fuck U? Your either a stoner, tard, or stupid little high schooler."

You're on a roll, mcsmack. Here's another steaming hot cup for ya, chock full o' stupid.

your_stupid_mug-p168710799102021849qw4a_

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Expert47 ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:27PM

Let me be the first to congratulate Mike (FatAss) O'Meara on his trip out of DC Radio. Mike has always been pompous, annoying and other than a few weak vocal impressions had very little to offer DC Radio. Without Don, he wasn't funny, entertaining or interesting. And perhaps it's no surprise Mike is a failure in other endeavors, with his barely mediocre restaurant (ate there once, never to return) restaurant. Mike will not be missed, as Don was, and by the end of July, people won't even be mentioning his name. Personally, his radio show sucked and i'd turn on static before bothering to listen to him. I gave it a few weeks, trying to find something I liked about him, but it was impossible. Rob Spewack's radio voice is akin to fingernails on the blackboard and when he spoke, my car speakers started smoking. So, very little good about The Mike O'meara Show until today! It's gone, gone, gone. The failure is finally over and it took a lot longer for the funeral than i expected! Ex.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 03:53PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >"Demarcation" means a conceptual boundary,
> something you can see<
>
> You can see a conceptual boundary? Orly? And I
> suppose too noumena and platonic forms, and the
> thin blue line (or so I'm told) between law and
> anarchy.
>
> The question I have for you, O great non-tarded
> one: can you see the pompous ass staring back at
> you when you look in the mirror?

Lines of demarcation are not always just conceptual Mr. scholarship winner. if you can't clearly see the line of demarcation between the MOMS and Donni G
your a moron. And I'll tell you another thing Fuck Face, your little diatribe bullshit about Law and Anarchy tells me everything I need to know about you.
This country is full of fucking idiots just like you. Thank God I will never have to understand what it's like to go through life so blissfully ignorant. The only thing growing hair is your pathetic posts. Go set some fires somewhere dip shit and get the fuck out of my yard !



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 04:30PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 04:32PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack wrote: "What school of economics did you
> attend? Dumb Fuck U? Your either a stoner, tard,
> or stupid little high schooler."
>
> You're on a roll, mcsmack. Here's another
> steaming hot cup for ya, chock full o' stupid.
>
>

You forgot the most important part

What school of economics did you attend? Dumb Fuck U? Your either a stoner, tard, or stupid little high schooler. I say stupid little High Schooler.

Get the Fuck out of here Junior and don't come back until you've got hair down there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 04:43PM

mcsmack wrote: "Lines of demarcation are not always just conceptual Mr. scholarship winner"

no they're not. but you're the one who defined it that way, dumbass: " 'Demarcation' means a conceptual boundary"

note, too, i would not have mcsmacked you upside your thick little mcskull if you had not made your point in such a high-handed, pompous manner.

if you're going to lay the smack down on "tards," mcsmack, get your shit straight, or be prepared to get smacked back.


mcsmack wrote: "And I'll tell you another thing Fuck Face, your little diatribe bullshit about Law and Anarchy tells me everything I need to know about you."

orly? and how is that? ever see "The Thin Blue Line"? if you had, it would tell you everything you need to know about my law and anarchy "diatribe".


mcsmack wrote: "your a moron."

your_stupid_mug-p168710799102021849qw4a_

mcsmack wrote: "This country is full of fucking idiots just like you."

ooh, he's angry. i can practically feel the spittle coming off the screen.


mcsmack wrote: "The only thing growing hair is your pathetic posts."

the fuck...?


mcsmack wrote: "Go set some fires somewhere dip shit"

it's plain i set one under your ass, and your internet meltdown is pretty fuckin' amusing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 05:18PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack wrote: "Lines of demarcation are not
> always just conceptual Mr. scholarship winner"
>
> no they're not. but you're the one who defined it
> that way, dumbass: " 'Demarcation' means a
> conceptual boundary"
>
> note, too, i would not have mcsmacked you upside
> your thick little mcskull if you had not made your
> point in such a high-handed, pompous manner.
>
> if you're going to lay the smack down on "tards,"
> mcsmack, get your shit straight, or be prepared to
> get smacked back.
>
>
> mcsmack wrote: "And I'll tell you another thing
> Fuck Face, your little diatribe bullshit about Law
> and Anarchy tells me everything I need to know
> about you."
>
> orly? and how is that? ever see "The Thin Blue
> Line"? if you had, it would tell you everything
> you need to know about my law and anarchy
> "diatribe".
>
>
> mcsmack wrote: "your a moron."
>
>
>
> mcsmack wrote: "This country is full of fucking
> idiots just like you."
>
> ooh, he's angry. i can practically feel the
> spittle coming off the screen.
>
>
> mcsmack wrote: "The only thing growing hair is
> your pathetic posts."
>
> the fuck...?
>
>
> mcsmack wrote: "Go set some fires somewhere dip
> shit"
>
> it's plain i set one under your ass, and your
> internet meltdown is pretty fuckin' amusing.

You still haven't explained your, "3. Too many employees which means too many people for the station to have to pay. If he'd had half as many employees he literally would have been twice as successful." ,statement. I mean seriously dude there is no logic in it. I've read both John Maynard Keynes and studied Milton Friedman which covers the 2 primary schools of thought in economics.If there is some sort of super secret theories I of course want to be in the know! You sound like you could be Micheal Hughes brother your so scary smart. Or you could be what Don calls a "Little Brain".

Your just like the little brains that would give Don shit when they perceived him to be in error on any given point or topic. Don would just swat them away like the pesky vermin they were. So You and the guy who popped a boner over my misspelling of the word guarantee can get together and have glorious anal sex together. Now Good Day Sir

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 05:20PM

I said Good Day!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 06:09PM

mcsmack wrote: "You still haven't explained your, "3. Too many employees which means too many people for the station to have to pay. If he'd had half as many employees he literally would have been twice as successful." ,statement."

i didn't explain it because i didn't make that statement.

when you call other people "tards," and purport to define a common word they supposedly don't know, and then define it incorrectly, you're fair game for the smackdown on both the larger and smaller stupidities of your post.

and what's up with all this "mr. scholarship," "dumb fuck u," "What school of economics did you attend" bullshit?

inferiority complex, much?

which i will leave you to enjoy by yourself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 07:07PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack wrote: "You still haven't explained your,
> "3. Too many employees which means too many people
> for the station to have to pay. If he'd had half
> as many employees he literally would have been
> twice as successful." ,statement."
>
> i didn't explain it because i didn't make that
> statement.
>
> when you call other people "tards," and purport to
> define a common word they supposedly don't know,
> and then define it incorrectly, you're fair game
> for the smackdown on both the larger and smaller
> stupidities of your post.
>
> and what's up with all this "mr. scholarship,"
> "dumb fuck u," "What school of economics did you
> attend" bullshit?
>
> inferiority complex, much?
>
> which i will leave you to enjoy by yourself.

Ahh my little brain you contradict yourself. I did not mis-define the word in question. You can conceptualize demarcation and also observe it to, here you go Tard.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/demarcation

This is why I call you Tard..........Tard

Well it certainly looks like your aligning yourself with all the right people on this thread Tard. Keep up the insanely clever posts and I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here Tard. All you Tard MOM supporters take notice of the Big Brain on this Prick. He has proven himself well qualified to be in a leadership position over all other little brained Tards. So gather round this Mensa genius children, may be ya'll can enlighten the rest of us as to why we couldn't see the value in a truly gifted talent like MOM. GO TARDS!!

And may be Dick Wad if you didn't change your screen name on a continual basis you might actually develop a spine. Otherwise your just lumped in with all the other dumb ass MOM supporters that give the rest of us a never ending source of amusement. Kind of like the Bearded Lady at the circus..... Kind of like your MOM..........(Did you catch the double entendre Tard?)



Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 08:00PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 08:23PM

GAME SET MATCH!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 08:40PM

this is how you defined the word demarcation:

>"Demarcation" means a conceptual boundary, something you can see<

you fucking moron, your definition contradicts itself.

you can't see a conceptual boundary, any more than you can see noumena or platonic forms.

what else you got, non-tarded one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Pukes ()
Date: July 18, 2009 08:54PM

Mcsmack has neither the understanding of "demarcation" nor the mastery of the proper use of "you're"

This pathetic piece of shit is a complete failure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:04PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this is how you defined the word demarcation:
>
> >"Demarcation" means a conceptual boundary,
> something you can see<
>
> you fucking moron, your definition contradicts
> itself.
>
> you can't see a conceptual boundary, any [www.websters-online-dictionary.org] than
> you can see noumena or platonic forms.
>
> what else you got, non-tarded one?


[www.websters-online-dictionary.org]

I'm sure you're (You're welcome dumb fuck Puke) both smarter than Websters Dictionary. Thats why YOU'RE both MOM fans. Why don't you both go find your ol' buddy Mike and troll for some strippers. I know it's sad at your age to have to pay a girl to pretend she likes you but it's better than tossing each others salad all the time.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 09:11PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:15PM

hey, dumbass, the webster's definition is correct, and yours is wrong.

you can't see a conceptual boundary.

webster's does not say you can see a conceptual boundary.

you did.

you're stupid.

is there anything else i can help you with?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:24PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey, dumbass, the webster's definition is correct,
> and yours is wrong.
>
> you can't see a conceptual boundary.
>
> webster's does not say you can see a conceptual
> boundary.
>
> you did.
>
> you're stupid.
>
> is there anything else i can help you with?


Your just like the little brains that would give Don shit when they perceived him to be in error on any given point or topic. Don would just swat them away like the pesky vermin they were. So You and the guy who popped a boner over my misspelling of the word guarantee can get together and have glorious anal sex together. Now Good Day Sir

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:27PM

Your also a MOM supporter who hides behind stupid screen names and that makes you really super top secret stupid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:31PM

Also I'm pretty sure I've got more brains that fall out of my ass every day then you've demonstrated in all your eloquent posts. You're a GOD DAMN GENIUS PRIVATE PYLE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:33PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You still haven't explained your, "3. Too many
> employees which means too many people for the
> station to have to pay. If he'd had half as many
> employees he literally would have been twice as
> successful." ,statement. I mean seriously dude
> there is no logic in it.

I haven't explained it because I don't watch these forums 24/7/365. I have other things to do during my day. As for the rest, I'm not surprised you didn't get the point. The MoM show employs (that we know of): Mike, Buzz, Rob, and Joe.

Beth Ann is/was employed by the station, so she doesn't count. Joe is worthless, any intern could do his job and would basically be free. Buzz is worthless. Rob could have delivered the news and another intern could have spent the day trolling for headlines. Half the time Buzz never even spoke and when he did it was only for like 30 minutes in total.

So... Doing some simple math, cut two people, save their salaries, and lose nothing in the process. Perhaps saying it would be twice as successful was a mild overstatement, but from a financial standpoint, it would have cut salary expenses substantially (mostly because of Buzz).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:33PM

now you're cutting and pasting your own stupid remarks because you have no response to the substance of my post.

none. nada. zip.

because i'm right and you're wrong.

and because....
your_stupid_mug-p168710799102021849qw4a_

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:34PM

point taken.

i have deep personal security issues so I didn't register for a username.

thank you for making me reveal this on a message board you callous bastard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:36PM

i love lurking around on faggy message boards trying to attack the flaws in other people's posts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:38PM

i still havn't realized that i cant win an ARGUMENT ON A MESSAGE BOARD because i can't control the usage of my username

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:40PM

whoever is fucking using my name is a fucking fag. it's probably fucking mcsmack pussying out because he can't win an argument. YOU"RE A FAGGOT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:41PM

i didn't say any of that. it's all untrue. take it from me, i like to suck all the dicks.

i hungrily crave man on man action so

I WIN

YOUR STUPID

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:42PM

lol the person trying to imitate me is pretty funny. can't help but lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: THEREALMCPRICK ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:44PM

HAHA I FOUND A WAY SO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS CAN'T POST FOR ME. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL MCPRICK. I WIN. YOU"RE A FAG.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: THEREALMCPRICK ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:47PM

ok im going to go register for a real name now brb. mcsmack you're still a fucking dumbass

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: THEREALMCPRICK ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:48PM

Yup.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: REALLYTHEREALMCPRICK ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:49PM

from now on i only post from this name. any other looser fagot that post from any other mcprick name needs to call me on my cell phone so we can make out

i refuse to register so if a registered name pops up you know its not me and my butt hurts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcprick ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:52PM

lol i registered. anyone else is a imposter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: pssst... ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:54PM

mcsmack is having an internet meltdown.

that last cup of stupid just blew his mind, i guess.

WhataMaroon.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: ISTARTEDTHEFAKEMCPRICKPOSTS ()
Date: July 18, 2009 09:55PM

Oh God. What have I done

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 10:34PM

mcprick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now you're cutting and pasting your own stupid
> remarks because you have no response to the
> substance of my post.
>
> none. nada. zip.
>
> because i'm right and you're wrong.
>
> and because....Kids this is what happens when you smoke crack. Don't Smoke Crack.
> Stay in school, don't smoke crack and for gods sake don't eat your boogers or you'll wind up just like your Uncle Prick.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 10:39PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 10:49PM

boredom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You still haven't explained your, "3. Too many
> > employees which means too many people for the
> > station to have to pay. If he'd had half as
> many
> > employees he literally would have been twice as
> > successful." ,statement. I mean seriously dude
> > there is no logic in it.
>
> I haven't explained it because I don't watch these
> forums 24/7/365. I have other things to do during
> my day. As for the rest, I'm not surprised you
> didn't get the point. The MoM show employs (that
> we know of): Mike, Buzz, Rob, and Joe.
>
> Beth Ann is/was employed by the station, so she
> doesn't count. Joe is worthless, any intern could
> do his job and would basically be free. Buzz is
> worthless. Rob could have delivered the news and
> another intern could have spent the day trolling
> for headlines. Half the time Buzz never even
> spoke and when he did it was only for like 30
> minutes in total.
>
> So... Doing some simple math, cut two people,
> save their salaries, and lose nothing in the
> process. Perhaps saying it would be twice as
> successful was a mild overstatement, but from a
> financial standpoint, it would have cut salary
> expenses substantially (mostly because of Buzz).

I know what you meant, no problem. But My God ! Look what I've spawned! Seems like the O'Meara shit bomb is burning white hot. It's just a matter of time before they turn into red dwarfs then collapse into the black hole of oblivion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcdouchebag ()
Date: July 18, 2009 11:10PM

mcsmack's ever-changing moods.

boredom wrote:

> 3."Too many employees which means too many people
> for the station to have to pay. If he'd had half
> as many employees he literally would have been
> twice as successful".??

mcsmack replied:

> > What school of economics did you attend? Dumb Fuck U?
> > Your either a stoner, tard, or stupid little high
> > schooler. I say stupid little High Schooler.
> > Get the Fuck out of here Junior and don't come
> > back until you've got hair down there.



and now this clown says:

> I know what you meant, no problem.



WhataMaroon.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 18, 2009 11:30PM

mcdouchebag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack's ever-changing moods.
>
> boredom wrote:
>
> > 3."Too many employees which means too many
> people
> > for the station to have to pay. If he'd had
> half
> > as many employees he literally would have been
> > twice as successful".??
>
> mcsmack replied:
>
> > > What school of economics did you attend? Dumb
> Fuck U?
> > > Your either a stoner, tard, or stupid little
> high
> > > schooler. I say stupid little High Schooler.
> > > Get the Fuck out of here Junior and don't
> come
> > > back until you've got hair down there.
>
>
> and now this clown says:
>
> > I know what you meant, no problem.


>
>
>
>


Hey Dip Shit What school of economics did you attend? Dumb Fuck U? Your either a stoner, tard, or stupid little high schooler. I say stupid little High Schooler. Get the Fuck out of here Junior and don't come back until you've got hair down there. And I'm telling your mom you've been smoking crack in the basement as soon as shes done slurping Dennis Murphys Yank. That'll fix you ya dink dicked ass burglar. That'll fix you.

note to Tards: "Douches Mom slurping on Dennis Murphys' Yank" is something you can see



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 11:46PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Ron ()
Date: July 19, 2009 09:20AM

alright i never saw this site until i heard the MOM show had been canceled. man, some of the childish statements that have been goin back and forth between the 4 or 5 people that have posted here is just insane. "mcsmack" for one really needs to be singled out. im no psychologist but clearly there's a personal agenda this man has to come in every day and make comments on here (im sure its under various other names too). what? MOM dint give you the piddly lil cash once the restaurant closed down. boo friggity hoo man. thats just real pathetic to go on behind a screen to vent your anger instead of confronting the people responsible.

anyway, yea so WJFK is no more. i am a talk radio fan and when i heard about MOM i started the sirius radio trial. howard and opie and anthony are alright. i guess ill have to get used to their brand of humor. one thing that really sticks out is the way they throw around the 'F' word. i mean just because you can say it doesnt mean you have to every couple seconds...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 19, 2009 10:19AM

The MoM show sucked. That's why it is no longer on the air. It wasn't the recession. It wasn't some diabolical scheme to take away our freedoms, as Mike implied in his swan song segment. It was the fact that Mike didn't learn anything about doing a radio show after 25 years of partnering with Don. You would think that even if Mike was lazy and wasn't paying attention that he would have picked up something through osmosis, but he didn't. He sucked and he's gone and it was all his fault.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Old Bull Lee ()
Date: July 19, 2009 10:40AM

Now that the deathwatch on the MOM show has ended the new deathwatch will be on this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 19, 2009 12:07PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The MoM show sucked. That's why it is no longer on
> the air. It wasn't the recession. It wasn't some
> diabolical scheme to take away our freedoms, as
> Mike implied in his swan song segment. It was the
> fact that Mike didn't learn anything about doing a
> radio show after 25 years of partnering with Don.
> You would think that even if Mike was lazy and
> wasn't paying attention that he would have picked
> up something through osmosis, but he didn't. He
> sucked and he's gone and it was all his fault.


Exactly right. And now we have people coming on this thread(and as always it wouldn't surprise me if they had connections to the MOMS) trying to make themselves feel better about the whole MOM scenario and how it played out. Then like above these dicks accusing me of switching names?.

Well in the spirit of their fallen hero:

THE MOM SHOW IS DEAD!! EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU BRAIN DEAD MORONS WHO THOUGHT HE WAS FUNNY ARE IDIOTS!! YOU WERE ALL WRONG!! I WAS RIGHT!! MIKE OMEARA IS GONE!! KATY GONE!! ROB AYE.....GONE!!!! BUZZ..........GONE!!!! BA!!!.....GONE.......THE WHOLE MIKE OMEARA TRAIN WRECK....GONE!! AND HE'S NOT COMING BACK JACK ASSES!!

WERE HERE AND WERE NOT GOING ANYWHERE SO PINCH IT CURL IT LICK IT LA LA LA............hahahahahaHaHaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

For any of the "Unemployed Talent" that may be posting here it's better to start looking for employment now rather then waiting until your unemployement insurance runs out. So I guess I'm trying to find a nice way to say "Get Off Your Asses And Find A Job Losers!!"


And To Ron : Never met Mike. Heard some people talk but I don't know him at all other than his on air personality which was good enough for me. I live 2000+ miles out of the DC area but have business contacts and do business in DC.

I never went to Mikes restaurant while in DC. He doesn't owe me a dime other than he was in part the reason for CBS tail spin over the last year. This didn't affect my portfolio much at all but I know there is a lot of people whom it hurt badly.

Mike O was failing and failing bad. He started to grand stand several occasions on air, brazingly using his public forum to say he wasn't going to change a thing. As the little old business man I am, this type of behavior drives me crazy.I would have fired him the first time he displayed that type of bravado.

It would be OK if all he hurt was himself and surrounding team members but as I'll note here again,
http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/CBS_(CBS)/WikiChart?ref=topnav

Mike hurt a lot more people than his restaurant workers. I'm not blaming the entire CBS debacle in the DC market entirely on Mike,there is plenty of blame to go around however he sure as hell did his part to drive value from the CBS instrument....I have a feeling more than a few people on this thread know what I'm talking about.

There is always the bigger picture than what appears to most when it comes to
stuff like this.The next time you feel like giving props to someone like MOM you might want to take a look at your 401Ks. You don't want to look like a fool.It's a lot more than just a guy screwing around on the radio. It's serious business affecting thousands of people and their well being.

Someone said " Ignorance is this Countrys' most expensive commodity"
CBS is a prime example of that with decisions over the last 1+ years costing stock holders millions.

Sorry if this offends anyone, McSmack



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 02:06PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 19, 2009 12:20PM

Old Bull Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that the deathwatch on the MOM show has ended
> the new deathwatch will be on this thread.

Here we go with another prognosticator foreseeing the death of this thread.

Look at the stats. "I'm a stat Guy"! This damn thread is burning white hot with plenty of fuel left!

I say sell all your MOM stock take your profits and invest in WTLs thread now!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 19, 2009 12:51PM

Hey guys, How bout that Tom Watson?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Old Bull Lee ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:09PM

I didn't forecast the end of the thread, just that the deathwatch has begun. As the MOM thankfully fades from memory this thread will get fewer and fewer posts until it finally reaches its long overdue demise. Just like the MOM show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:32PM

Old Bull Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't forecast the end of the thread, just that
> the deathwatch has begun. As the MOM thankfully
> fades from memory this thread will get fewer and
> fewer posts until it finally reaches its long
> overdue demise. Just like the MOM show.

Nope.... Wtl told me he's gonna flip it to "Sports Chat"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:33PM

Who do ya thinks gonna win the play off T Watson or S Cink?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 19, 2009 04:49PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Old Bull Lee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I didn't forecast the end of the thread, just
> that
> > the deathwatch has begun. As the MOM thankfully
> > fades from memory this thread will get fewer
> and
> > fewer posts until it finally reaches its long
> > overdue demise. Just like the MOM show.
>
> Nope.... Wtl told me he's gonna flip it to "Sports
> Chat"



Odds are pretty good I will provide commentary on the whole Chad Duke/LeVar Arrington fiasco. I can't imagine that combo being a success.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Arthur ()
Date: July 19, 2009 05:23PM

The Mike O'Meara Show was very weak and deserved to be cancelled. I wonder if he reads these posts...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 19, 2009 05:34PM

Arthur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mike O'Meara Show was very weak and deserved
> to be cancelled. I wonder if he reads these
> posts...


I believe he did. I doubt he does now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: lil' mikey burgers ()
Date: July 19, 2009 07:17PM

mikeomeara.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: July 19, 2009 09:32PM

lil' mikey burgers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>


20090520-burgerfail.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: WashingTone_Locian ()
Date: July 20, 2009 12:21AM

does anyone want a rim job?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: The480 ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:45AM

Ba Da CHINGGGG!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Sigmund ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:49AM

What I hated most about the show was that fucking retarted guy that they always had on the phone asking him to spell things. What the fuck was that all about? Everytime I heard that retard on I had to switch stations.

It will be interesting to see what I find to listen to during my drive time now. I was a longtime fan but did notice how bad things were getting before cancellation. Lame interviews with boring guests, weak gameshow themes. It became barely tolerable but I hung on mainly for nostalgia and loyalty. Something good will come out of all this. Aarington will be a flop. The man can't talk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 921


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******    *******   **    **  **     **  ******** 
 **     **  **     **   **  **   **     **  **       
 **     **  **     **    ****    **     **  **       
  ********   ********     **     **     **  ******   
        **         **     **      **   **   **       
 **     **  **     **     **       ** **    **       
  *******    *******      **        ***     ******** 
This forum powered by Phorum.