HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Official 2011 Capitals Thread - Penguins vs Capitals!!!!
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: December 01, 2011 02:19PM

Real trees are more environmentally friendly than fake ones! Truth!

I hope Ovie marries that chick and settles down. Running around town drinking and chasing tale doesn't seem like it's conducive to "hard work".

That said, if she was my girlfriend, I’d be leaving practice early too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: December 01, 2011 02:22PM

this tangent is useless without pics

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: December 01, 2011 02:24PM

Date: December 01, 2011 02:29PM

She doesn't appear to have that typical ice cold heartedness i usually associate with Russian women.

Wonder if Ovie's mom cooks for both of them.
Attachments:
maria-kirilenko2.jpg

Posted by: Caps Jihadist ()
Date: December 01, 2011 02:54PM

Ok, my pith helmet is firmly buckled unlike Dino Ciccarelli's...

Whom athletes consort with has been historically tied to their performance. If I recall, Sergei Federov went five hole repeatedly with Kornikova back in his Hockeytown days. Mark Messier played hide the stick with Madonna. And so on...

In AO's case, he is homesick for the Motherland and always will be. On some level, I respect that. As a native son of 8 Mile, if I went halfway around the world to ply my trade only getting back in the summer, I'd miss home, too. (Even if it is the shitty 313...)

In closing, AO may be the exception to the "don't date a smoking hot Russian tennis player while you are trying to bring a city their first Stanley Cup and you just got the coach fired" rule. Alex misses home, perhaps 'stroking some hot baseline action' with Miss Sokolova will keep him comfortable off-ice so as to increase his productivity quotient on-ice. If she becomes a distraction, perhaps the aforementioned Ciccarelli, Scott Stevens, Geoff Courtnall and Neil Sheehy can give her a ride out of town...in a limo.

Date: December 01, 2011 03:00PM

Maria Kirilenko? Sorry. Thanks for the posts.

Date: December 01, 2011 03:12PM

She looks like Jenna Fischer aka "Pam" from the office
Attachments:
imagesCA9XO4HV.jpg

Date: December 01, 2011 03:33PM

Wow, in that picture especially, she really does! Only... way hotter!

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: December 01, 2011 10:25PM

Not going to win to many games with only 17 shots on net, turkies.

Date: December 01, 2011 11:56PM

i think sharapova is hotter...

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Date: December 02, 2011 12:04AM

Well, they lost a close game. Hunter will skate them hard tomorrow since they couldn't be bothered to skate hard tonight. And thus begins the crawl from this hole.

Date: December 02, 2011 01:34PM

Bruce got a job in Anaheim.

This is the perfect set up for the Caps to lose to the Ducks in OT of game 7 in the Stanely Cup Finals.

Date: December 02, 2011 02:01PM

Boudreau's hiring in Anaheim 72 hours after his firing in Washington certainly explains why he was so cool, calm and collected when giving exit interviews to the DC media. He knew he had a job lined up.

Evidently, Randy Carlyle was a candidate for Boudreau's job in Washington but obviously he wasn't available until after Hunter was hired. Carlyle's got a Cup, but of those two guys Hunter's a better choice even with the 2 losses.

Finally, so Mike Green was quoted as saying the Boudreau firing was necessary. Well, Greeney since you're now an expert on what is necessary...you should know that performing in the playoffs? Erm yeah...kinda' necessary there too, Ace. Shut your hole and put the puck in the net how 'bout?

Date: December 04, 2011 12:20AM

Ok so, they came and and rang up 35 pucks on Anderson, scored 3 let in 2 and won a game. They stopped a 4 game losing streak and yet...they needed overtime to do it. Nice job Brooks Laich. That's the kind of goal CAPTAINS often score. Getting this team to win one in regulation is like finding a unicorn...

28 was out with an upper-body injury (his balls maybe?) and 8 had one assist. Not...too...good...

@ Miami on Monday

Re: Official 2011 Capitals Thread - The Dale Hunter Era
Date: December 06, 2011 12:41PM

Have the Caps hit rock bottom yet?

Re: Official 2011 Capitals Thread - NHL Conference Realignment
Date: December 06, 2011 12:50PM

Board of Governors Approves Four-Conference FormatAuthorizes Commissioner To Implement, Pending Input From NHL Players’ AssociationMonday, 12.05.2011 / 9:53 PM / News PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (Dec. 5, 2011) -- The National Hockey League Board of Governors tonight approved a four-Conference alignment format and authorized Commissioner Gary Bettman to implement this proposal, pending input from the National Hockey League Players’ Association. The format would create two eight-team Conferences and two seven-team conferences.

Under the format, every team would play every other team outside its conference twice -- once home, once away.

In the seven-team Conferences, teams would play six times -- three home, three away. In the eight-team Conferences, teams would play either five or six times in a season on a rotating basis; three teams would play each other six times and four teams would play each other five times. This process would reverse each season: An eight-team Conference member that plays an opponent six times in one season would play it five times the following season.

The top four teams in each Conference qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The first-place team would play the fourth-place team; the second-place team would play the third-place team. The four respective Conference champions would meet in the third round of the Playoffs, with the survivors playing for the Stanley Cup.

Conference D:
Carolina Hurricans
NJ Devils
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals

I like it!

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=604897

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 12:54PM by FurfaxTownie.

Date: December 06, 2011 01:06PM

The league realignment is good news, bad news for the Caps. It's good news because with the exception of Carolina, this is a reconstitution of the old Patrick Division. It's bad news because now the Caps' road to the Cup will be much more difficult because they'll be playing in a stronger division. I hope they bring back the name Patrick Division, too.

Date: December 06, 2011 01:16PM

Its not bad news for the Caps because tougher competition all year will be better preparation for the post season. They don't have to be the best team all year to win the Cup, just the best team last half of year.

Arguably having a weak division the past few years is the reason why never succeeded in the post season. They never learned how to grind out close games.

IHO, Playing Northeast teams more often = more compelling hockey games.

Getting excited for games against Carolina, TB, Flordia and Atlanta (until this year) has been a personal challeng. Being a Redskins fan, I naturally hate NYG, PHI and am annoyed by all the smug Pittsburgh and NE people.

Date: December 07, 2011 10:28PM

Caps looked better tonight winning on the road. Ovi's goal was sick. Hope it's a sign of things to come.

Date: December 08, 2011 12:13AM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Caps looked better tonight winning on the road.
> Ovi's goal was sick. Hope it's a sign of things to
> come.

It's a win. We can't expect a shutout every game especially not with Sieve-koun back there. That being said, the defense wasn't really rockin' the red so much on Foligno's goal. Those are the kinds of tallys I make in my beer league. But, like the good little Euros they are they put on their blank looks, skated hard and out scored the Brush-Hats.

Date: December 08, 2011 09:46AM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> It's a win. We can't expect a shutout every game
> especially not with Sieve-koun back there. That
> being said, the defense wasn't really rockin' the
> red so much on Foligno's goal. Those are the kinds
> of tallys I make in my beer league. But, like the
> good little Euros they are they put on their blank
> looks, skated hard and out scored the Brush-Hats.

Agree. Plus, the power play really needs work, they couldn't even score on the 5 on 3, it was god awful. I was hoping Braden Hotlby would be the future at goalie but it looks like that will be awhile, if it happens at all.

Re: Official 2011 Capitals Thread - Dale Hunter Era
Date: December 08, 2011 03:45PM

I was listenig to Steve Czabans morning show on the way to work and they were talking about how 10yr contracts rarely end well. Atheletes across any sport almost always underperform over the life of the contract.

I think that 10yr Ovie deal was Teds worst decision by far as owner.

Date: December 08, 2011 03:49PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> I was listenig to Steve Czabans morning show on
> the way to work and they were talking about how
> 10yr contracts rarely end well. Atheletes across
> any sport almost always underperform over the life
> of the contract.
>
> I think that 10yr Ovie deal was Teds worst
> decision by far as owner.

I like Czabe. He's better in the afternoon on "The Sports Reporters" in a sidekick roll to Pollin's staright man act.

Signing Jaromir Jagr was Ted's worst decision. Ovie could shit the bed tomorrow (some say he already has) and it'd still be a better decision than bringing on Jagr. And as I said above, did Ted really have a choice on Ovechkin? If he signs him to a short deal, he flees at the end of it LaBron style and Ted gets flamed for letting him go. If he signs him to a long term deal, Ted gets flamed when Ovechkin starts soft pedaling. It's a no win for an owner.

Date: December 08, 2011 03:55PM

Jager was a mistake Ted made as a newly minted sports franchise owner. Also, Jagers lack of production was more predictable given his age.

If Ovie left so be it.

Date: December 08, 2011 04:01PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> If Ovie left so be it.

WITNESS! Damn son...now THAT is bold talk. It may just pan out. Especially when they shit-can 28. You're on the record.

Date: December 08, 2011 04:12PM

As far as I am concerned Ovie is still a primadonna not even a demi-god.

Date: December 08, 2011 04:47PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> As far as I am concerned Ovie is still a
> primadonna not even a demi-god.

LMAO! Am I talking to Sidney Crosby?

Date: December 08, 2011 04:53PM

well apparently I'm talking to Craig Laughlin

Date: December 09, 2011 12:32AM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> well apparently I'm talking to Craig Laughlin

Served...well played, sir. But, I'm not nasally enough to be Lahker nor do I use the phrase "saucer pass". ;)

Date: December 10, 2011 09:16AM

I like how old Dale is having these guys play. Putting more guys on garbage duty out in front the net picking up the trash.

It appears he's has having Ovie going low.

However, it was a home game so we will see how things when back out on the road

Date: December 13, 2011 08:35PM

0 - 4 going into the 3rd...

VOKOUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreamstimeweb_angry374345_1.jpg

Date: December 13, 2011 09:28PM

So I'm going with the following as my "official, on the record statement": The Caps shouldn't have fired Gabby, they should have benched Vokoun.

Date: December 14, 2011 03:15AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> So I'm going with the following as my "official,
> on the record statement": The Caps shouldn't have
> fired Gabby, they should have benched Vokoun.

G&S, c'mon...Mike "I Think I'm Injured Eternally" Green was quoted the day after Boudreau was fired as saying the firing was necessary. Talk about shitting on your former coach/boss who defended your suspect injuries and European-like disappearances in the playoffs after performing as one of the league's top defenseman in the regular season. Granted, the regular season doesn't mean shit but he's proven he's got huge game. This town has wanted to string Green up for what...the last 3 playoff non-performances and Bruce always backed him publicly. I've since heard 4 additional players asked in separate interviews about the 52's comments and they all agreed with what he said. Now, I'm all for backing up the guys I'm lacin' up with but, it's clear Gabs had "lost the lockerroom".

That being said...Sieve-koun has clearly got a case of the Semins. Sign big deal...put feet up. They could squeak in on the final day of the regular season and parallel park their way to an 8 seed and win the Cup. I don't give a shit how they go about it I just want it done. The problem, Houston? This squad has it in their heads that they can limp dick it through April and then throw a switch and become Les Habitants circa 1970. Well, they ain't talented enough.

The players had their chances to do it THEIR way and they shit the bed. They need to listen to Hunter. And since we're going on the record...I still maintain the 28 needs to go. (Just in case anyone was unclear...)

Date: December 14, 2011 09:23AM

Totally agree that Semin needs to take a hike and Green needs to pull his head out of his vagina and start skating. Gabby wouldn't have lost the locker room had fewer shit goals been put past 7-hole-koun resulting in so many damn losses.

Date: December 14, 2011 09:31AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> Totally agree that Semin needs to take a hike and
> Green needs to pull his head out of his vagina and
> start skating. Gabby wouldn't have lost the locker
> room had fewer shit goals been put past
> 7-hole-koun resulting in so many damn losses.

The night Boudreau benched the 8 in OT? They won that game! These Euro-wanna-be mobsters didn't like Bruce because he made them work too hard and they conspired to get him fired. He's a great coach. In addition to the fastest coach in league history to get 200 wins...he was also the fastest rehire in league history. The Machiavellian possibilities with him on the west coast now are terrifying. Imagine the headlines and PR, if he rolls in here with his new squad and guts us in a game 7...unlikely but, possible. Karma's a bee-yotch.

Date: December 14, 2011 11:22AM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> The night Boudreau benched the 8 in OT? They won
> that game! These Euro-wanna-be mobsters didn't
> like Bruce because he made them work too hard and
> they conspired to get him fired. He's a great
> coach. In addition to the fastest coach in league
> history to get 200 wins...he was also the fastest
> rehire in league history. The Machiavellian
> possibilities with him on the west coast now are
> terrifying. Imagine the headlines and PR, if he
> rolls in here with his new squad and guts us in a
> game 7...unlikely but, possible. Karma's a
> bee-yotch.

That was my initial thought as well. Either a sweep in the first or second round or a game 7 situation. Unlikely, but if it did happen there would be hell to pay in washington..

Date: December 14, 2011 01:23PM

Where is Braden Holtby!?

I thought Semin actually played pretty well last night. Ovi, not so much. Semin needs to play well so his trade value goes up. He isn’t worth much right now.

The whole team came out in the 2nd and looked like they were asleep. They always seem to lose games in the second. I have to keep reminding myself that real hockey starts in January. That said, the points in December still matter.

I have no problem with the firing of Gabby, as GMGM said… “this is not a slump” and Bruce himself admitted that the team wasn't responding to him. I'll miss the high scoring Caps offense, but I won't miss watching Bruce struggle to make any adjustments in a playoff series.

Boudreau started off 3-3-1. Hunter is 3-4. It takes time to implement a system and for the players to know what is expected of them. They'll get it together. There is still plenty of time.

Date: December 14, 2011 01:26PM

Also, Bruce is 1-3-1 with the Ducks.

Date: December 14, 2011 02:55PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Where is Braden Holtby!?
>
> I thought Semin actually played pretty well last
> night. Ovi, not so much. Semin needs to play well
> so his trade value goes up. He isn’t worth much
> right now.
>
> The whole team came out in the 2nd and looked like
> they were asleep. They always seem to lose games
> in the second. I have to keep reminding myself
> that real hockey starts in January. That said, the
> points in December still matter.
>
> I have no problem with the firing of Gabby, as
> GMGM said… “this is not a slump” and Bruce
> himself admitted that the team wasn't responding
> to him. I'll miss the high scoring Caps offense,
> but I won't miss watching Bruce struggle to make
> any adjustments in a playoff series.
>
> Boudreau started off 3-3-1. Hunter is 3-4. It
> takes time to implement a system and for the
> players to know what is expected of them. They'll
> get it together. There is still plenty of time.

Real hockey only starts in January if you are a team that's currently in the playoff hunt because you've played well in the first half of the season. I'm a jihadist so I am by no means ready to throw in the towel on this season but, they're 2 games above .500 in 12th place looking up at 4 teams. The good news is, it's virginally tight between 8th and 12th with a point differential of two.

The motor's running...it's time to put things in gear and step on the gas.

Boudreau's coaching statistically the worst team in the league so, he gets a pass on the remainder of this season. Anaheim won't be there come April. I don't miss him but, he's a good coach.

Date: December 15, 2011 02:35PM

Looks like Neuvy is in the net tonight. Good. Even if the Caps lose, Hunter should keep him in the next 4-5 games as long as he's not letting in an obscene amount of goals.

I wonder how much new goalie coach Kolzig has to do with Vokoun's woes. I mean, wasn't he consistently good up until just recently?

Date: December 15, 2011 02:39PM

More Complete Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->
> I wonder how much new goalie coach Kolzig has to
> do with Vokoun's woes. I mean, wasn't he
> consistently good up until just recently?

Nice catch on the Kolzig hire...I had forgotten about that. Maybe Hunter can bring in Kevin Kaminsky to show how even little guys can hit...

Date: December 15, 2011 02:48PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> Nice catch on the Kolzig hire...I had forgotten
> about that. Maybe Hunter can bring in Kevin
> Kaminsky to show how even little guys can hit...

Bring in the killer! Matt Hendricks does okay for a guy who's not that big. Semin's bongo playing was about the most humiliating thing I've ever seen though.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:18PM

Kaminski...sorry...

Date: December 16, 2011 08:20AM

Nice little victory against the jets on the road. I missed all but the last 10min of the game but apparently thats all that mattered.

Ovies goal was great. I guarantee the Jets goalie was expecting Ovie to carry the puck for a stride before shooting and was caught unprepared for the quick shot off the drop pass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 09:06AM by Hay Zeus.

Date: December 16, 2011 08:52AM

Ovie's goal was poetic justice after the boo birds had been out in force. Who better to silence those retards than the guy they were taunting all night. Because of that bullshit at NVCC I was only able to see the 3rd period but as jesus stated, that's really all that mattered. From the highlights I see that #6 finally made use of himself while on the ice and blocked a wide-open net. Pretty intense game with a lot of hitting and it was a nice change to see the caps shutting down the offense at mid-ice instead of letting them through to the goal every single play.

Date: December 16, 2011 12:46PM

A win is a win. These kinds of wins are soaringly uplifting if you're on the W side and devastating if you're on the L side. I don't like winning this way and the Caps have the horses to beat these kinds of teams by 3+ goals. This is still a sign that all is not well in mudville. Once again, where's 28?

Oh, and Neuvirth keeps starting until he loses. Eff you, Sieve-koun...

Date: December 19, 2011 11:48AM

They've got a long way to go. Apparently they have trouble winning anywhere but at home and sometimes even them.

Date: December 21, 2011 10:20AM

For as bad as they looked Saturday, they looked really good last night. Ovi was old school, Semin had a nice one, Backstrom did as well, and Neuvi was solid in the net. They wanted to win for Knuble's 1,000th game and it showed. Still need work scoring on the PP but I'm encouraged. If they can keep this up, they'll be all right.

Date: December 21, 2011 10:42AM

Yeah their PP sucks and I blame Wideman for his swiss cheese blade for that last night. Guy couldn't keep a puck in play to save his life. They kind of took a nap in the 2nd (as usual) and stepped it up in the 3rd. The thing I noticed most was the hitting. It's about time they got physical. And Hendricks not throwing down and drawing the roughing penalty was brilliant. I fully expected him to knock that fucker out when I saw gloves drop.

Date: December 21, 2011 11:17AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> Yeah their PP sucks and I blame Wideman for his
> swiss cheese blade for that last night. Guy
> couldn't keep a puck in play to save his life.
> They kind of took a nap in the 2nd (as usual) and
> stepped it up in the 3rd. The thing I noticed most
> was the hitting. It's about time they got
> physical. And Hendricks not throwing down and
> drawing the roughing penalty was brilliant. I
> fully expected him to knock that fucker out when I
> saw gloves drop.

Agree. Smart move by Hendrix not to give the Predators momentum. You’re also right about the 2nd period, that seems to be when they lose games, don’t know what it is. If they keep the goal tending up, and get Green back, look out!

Date: December 21, 2011 12:56PM

I don't know what's more frustrating...a team of hardworking, unskilled overacheivers who ultimately are eliminated because they lack that one final piece OR a team of loafing, skilled underachievers who ulitmately are eliminated because they don't want to play hard.

This roster can beat anyone in the league...anytime they want. They have all the pieces at all the positions and at all disciplines. Unfortuantely, NHL games are played on ice inside our televisions and not on paper.

When they're ready to show up...I'm ready to cheer. Hell, I've been waiting to cheer since 1974. 37 years is a long time to wait...not as long as some, but when you're a jihadist, you're committed to the cause even if it is a suicide mission.

Date: December 28, 2011 10:53PM

They played a complete game vs the Rangers tonight. Two goals in the 2nd and Semin was on fire. Now if they could just play like that all the time, they'd be allright. Looking forward to seeing if any of the game makes it on to the 24/7 HBO show.

Date: December 28, 2011 11:00PM

You know it will. We'd be singing a different tune tonight if leaky squeaky Vokoun didn't get so fucking lucky so often tonight.

Date: December 29, 2011 12:11AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> You know it will. We'd be singing a different tune
> tonight if leaky squeaky Vokoun didn't get so
> fucking lucky so often tonight.

Neuvi didn't look that great against the Sabers the other night either. I'm thinking they can ride the Vokeswagen for a few more laps and go back to Neuvi when he screws up.

Posted by: CAPS ()
Date: December 29, 2011 12:02PM

Backstrom is fucking fantastic. Every time he touches the puck it turns to gold. That is all.

(Did you see that steal, turn and stretch pass to Semin? Routine for Backstrom)

Date: December 29, 2011 01:07PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You know it will. We'd be singing a different
> tune
> > tonight if leaky squeaky Vokoun didn't get so
> > fucking lucky so often tonight.
>
> Neuvi didn't look that great against the Sabers
> the other night either. I'm thinking they can ride
> the Vokeswagen for a few more laps and go back to
> Neuvi when he screws up.

Neuvi had a bad night. Vokoun got lucky last night and is notoriously bad (or has been this season at least). I say you go with the more consistently less bad of the two and put Neuvi back in. Release Vokoun at the end of this season and bring Holtby up from Hershey and let Holtby and Neuvi duke it out for the top spot. Vokoun just isn't needed.

Date: December 29, 2011 02:40PM

So...Backstrom, Ovechkin and Semin all scored on the same night for once, huh? This should happen AT LEAST every week, right? Let's look at the last time this happened...

Jesus...October 29, 2010...

Date: December 30, 2011 11:18PM

Another win in the books. I like what I'm seeing these last few games. Can't wait till they get Green back.

Date: December 30, 2011 11:49PM

The Ducks' record is the mirror opposite of the Caps since Boudreau was canned by Ted. My only bitch with Leonsis is that he didn't fire Boudreau after another post-season collapse by the team. Seems like Hunter can get them into the post season this year, but the team could have been firing on all cylinders sooner if Hunter had had the off-season to prepare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: January 03, 2012 10:30PM

Caps win 4th in a row tonight. Ovi is back. Has scored in 7 straight. Whatever Dale Hunter is doing, seems to be working. Nice to see Green back on the ice as well, even if he wasn't on the PP. Even Vokun is looking good.

Date: January 03, 2012 10:36PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Caps win 4th in a row tonight. Ovi is back. Has
> scored in 7 straight. Whatever Dale Hunter is
> doing, seems to be working. Nice to see Green back
> on the ice as well, even if he wasn't on the PP.
> Even Vokun is looking good.

He seems to be getting everyone in the mix instead of throwing the whole thing on the backs of Ovi and whoever is goaltending, unlike his predecessor. I think Boudreau was fine for a time, but the guy didn't know how to make adjustments and didn't know how to use Semin. I think it's pretty obvious now based on how Semin has been doing under Hunter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: January 03, 2012 10:43PM

Hunter is certainly getting the guys playing at a higher level at this point, Semin for sure. I'm starting to wonder if Ovi just mailed it in to get rif of Bruce but I'm probably just paranoid.

Agree that it would have been best to replace Bruce in the offseason.

Date: January 04, 2012 11:33AM

Hope Nick doesn't miss any time from the elbow he took to the head last night. Can't believe the guy only got two minutes for that.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=609749

Looks like a suspension is likely coming for Borque following the elbowing incident. Good!

Date: January 04, 2012 02:17PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=609749

Bourque has a hearing today with Brendan Shanahan. Given that he's already been suspended once this season for 2 games for a hit on Brent Seabrook, I'd say a 4 game suspension minimum for the elbow on Backstrom is warranted.

Overall, the team has improved since Hunter's arrival but they are still not playing 60 minutes.

Date: January 04, 2012 03:43PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> Overall, the team has improved since Hunter's
> arrival but they are still not playing 60 minutes.

What I'm looking for at this point is steady improvement on defense and the Caps star players to get their mojo back so they can put pucks in the net. That has been happening since Hunter took over, so I’m happy for now.

Date: January 06, 2012 10:56AM

Bourque suspended 5 games for the elbow on Backstrom. Good, he deserved it.

I watched HBO's 24/7 last night and they didn't have any footage from the Caps game. :(

Just the Rangers going over video of the loss saying "we're better than that" and that the Caps were "dead in the water" bla bla bla ....the Rangers could have, should have, beat them.

Was hoping for some actual footage of the game. Gotta the production value of that show.

Hopefully Backstrom and Semin are back to business tomorrow.

Date: January 09, 2012 11:50AM

Man. Why do they fall apart on the road? Have lost the last 4 of 5 on the road I think. Be nice to see a road win. Hope they can get one tonight.

It's official, Mike Green is made of glass...

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/capitals-talk/post/Green-unable-to-stay-in-lineup?blockID=627228&feedID=6458

"Including last year’s Stanley Cup playoffs, Green now has missed 55 of the Capitals’ last 74 games with head, ankle and groin injuries and has not played in more than eight straight games since the middle of last season when he played in 22 straight from Dec. 15, 2010 through Feb. 6, 2011."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 01:26PM by More Complete.

Date: January 09, 2012 03:09PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Man. Why do they fall apart on the road? Have lost
> the last 4 of 5 on the road I think. Be nice to
> see a road win. Hope they can get one tonight.
>
> It's official, Mike Green is made of glass...
>
> http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/capitals-talk/po
> st/Green-unable-to-stay-in-lineup?blockID=627228&f
> eedID=6458
>
> "Including last year’s Stanley Cup playoffs,
> Green now has missed 55 of the Capitals’ last 74
> games with head, ankle and groin injuries and has
> not played in more than eight straight games since
> the middle of last season when he played in 22
> straight from Dec. 15, 2010 through Feb. 6, 2011."

Choice content as always, Brother More Complete...

Is it my imagination or is Mike Green becoming the Caps' Albert Haynesworth? Minus the road rage and waitress groping, I mean...

I guess not since he has sustained significant injuries but the salary is not commensurate with the performance regardless...

Date: January 09, 2012 03:28PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> Choice content as always, Brother More
> Complete...
>
> Is it my imagination or is Mike Green becoming the
> Caps' Albert Haynesworth? Minus the road rage and
> waitress groping, I mean...
>
> I guess not since he has sustained significant
> injuries but the salary is not commensurate with
> the performance regardless...

Thank you good sir! Green has way to much class to be included in the same sentence as that piece of trash Hanesworthless.

However, yes, he’s getting paid a ton of money to sit on the bench (or, to sit at home!). It’s not just recently either, He's played poorly in the playoffs several times over the years and the reports afterwards were always "undisclosed injury".

Date: January 10, 2012 04:54PM

Man, it's bad enough that they suck on the road but when Backstrom is out, they really suck. Ovi needs Backstrom to get going. When Ovi doesn’t score, the Caps don’t win. It doesn’t help that they shutdown when they trail. In years past you got a feeling they could always come from behind. Not this year.

Just when you think they’ve turned a corner, they put in an effort like last nights. I'm starting to think this team, as constructed, isn't very good. I have memories of the 2009-10 regular season that are fading fast. They need a second center and a faster defenseman (or two) if they want to make the playoffs.

They have a ton of road games coming up later this month and early next, there is still plenty of time to make changes and I’m starting to think they may HAVE to, or it could get ugly. Get on it GM!

Date: January 11, 2012 10:51AM

I still think a solid goaltender who has the ability to "get hot" would fix a lot of the problems.....when is Tim Thomas' contract up?

Date: January 11, 2012 01:30PM

They need to give Holtby a call. I'd feel bad for the Bears though if we sent them Vokoun.

Date: January 11, 2012 02:54PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> I'd feel bad for the Bears though if we sent them Vokoun.

Dagger!

Hay Zeus...Tim Thomas signed a four year deal back around April 2009. The league determined because of his age and the length of the deal that BOS is on the hook for the entire amount even if he is bought out or retires. When it's over, he'll be 39. That's old. But, for the right price, a trade could be worked...I like him, but not at 39.

Date: January 11, 2012 10:02PM

TV stood on his head tonight and got the Caps a win. Must have blocked over 30 shots. He's been pretty average, but he has his nights.

Re: Official 2011 Capitals Thread
Date: January 12, 2012 01:16PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> We can't expect a shutout every game
> especially not with Sieve-koun back there.

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> The Caps shouldn't have
> fired Gabby, they should have benched Vokoun.

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> fewer shit goals been put past
> 7-hole-koun resulting in so many damn losses.

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
>Vokoun got lucky last night
> and is notoriously bad (or has been this season at
> least).

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> Release Vokoun at the end of this season and bring Holtby
> up from Hershey and let Holtby and Neuvi duke it
> out for the top spot. Vokoun just isn't needed.

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> With respect Vokoun: He is a flopper…

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> I don't think its going to be close if Vokoun is
> in net.

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Yeah Tomas Vacuum certainly does suck.

Hey come on guys, no worries! :)
Attachments:
Vokounamatata.bmp

Date: January 12, 2012 02:08PM

"Vokouna Matata" is certainly no problem free philosphy!

As long as he can play like he did last night aginst the Pens in the playoffs......there just might be some hope.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 02:10PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: January 12, 2012 04:25PM

hot one night and flopping around 6 feet off the crease like a fish dropped on a dock the night prior and night afterwards does not a good and consistent net minder make. he either needs to retire or go back to basics, but he is not a complete goalie.

Date: January 12, 2012 04:39PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> hot one night and flopping around 6 feet off the
> crease like a fish dropped on a dock the night
> prior and night afterwards does not a good and
> consistent net minder make.

Lol. Agree. Just joking around. Sorta. But he's played well recently with the exception of the west coast trip.

Date: January 12, 2012 04:43PM

he has his moments where he stops mind-bending fluries and one-on-ones and then he lets in a retarded shot through the 7 hole because he is just standing around not paying attention when the puck is in the offensive zone. whenever i see vokoun starting i check the cable guide to see what else is on just in case...

Date: January 12, 2012 07:34PM

Maybe he's distracted by the Red Hot Rockers shaking their asses. Best reason to go to caps game....those chicks actually walk around amongst the fans!!

Date: January 12, 2012 09:04PM

The Caps dont play well on the road. They need to step that up. They need to light a fire under themselves and get hyped. Its not all gonna be rawkus like at a verizon center home game. Come on dudes. Get INTO IT ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!! But saying that im glad they shut out the Pens. I HATE THE PENS!

Date: January 13, 2012 05:16PM

They do suck on the road. Don't know what it is.

One thing is for sure, they need to get Backstrom back. The guy who elbowed him in the chin, Rene Bourque has been traded to the Habs and his first game back from suspension will be against the Caps. I'm sure they will be eager to return the favor.

Big game tonight against the lightning. If they can get 2 points tonight that would be huge.

Lets Go Caps!!! RTR!!!

Date: January 13, 2012 10:00PM

Glad that we were able to pull out a win tonight in spite of Vokoun doing everything in his power to allow the other team to score and win. I'll be posting to this thread from the Verizon center on Sunday...they'd better not drop a steaming pile with Vokoun in net against Carolina.

Date: January 13, 2012 10:50PM

At least Ovi got his scoring touch back. Im glad of that and Brow getting a hat trick was pretty sweet. I guess its time to rest V and let Michael N back in net. Lil disappointed they let a PP goal in though. But hey they are back in the playoffs if they started today as they say! GO CAPS!

Date: January 13, 2012 11:02PM

oh yeah that reminds me was anyone else pissed that the telecast was pre-empted ONCE AGAIN but the fucking cant win WIZARDS!!?!?!? The FUCK IS THAT ABOUT!?!!?! Those assholes are clowns on the court and we would rather watch THAT fetid pile of garbage team than an actual WINNER!?!?!? FUCK THAT!!!!!

Date: January 13, 2012 11:39PM

the wizturds don't need to be embarrassed further each time they play by being put on TV.

Date: January 14, 2012 11:09AM

Tactical Nuclear Penguin Wrote:
> oh yeah that reminds me was anyone else pissed
> that the telecast was pre-empted ONCE AGAIN but
> the fucking cant win WIZARDS!!?!?!? The FUCK IS
> THAT ABOUT!?!!?! Those assholes are clowns on the
> court and we would rather watch THAT fetid pile of
> garbage team than an actual WINNER!?!?!? FUCK
> THAT!!!!!

Me! I'm pissed! The NHLN HD feed was blacked out on DirecTV so I have to watch the game in standaed definition because I'm local? Lame!

Date: January 14, 2012 11:55AM

You're a fucking warrior for watching hockey in Standard Def, I rather turn on the radio and listen then watch in SD.

Hat tip to you good sir!

Date: January 14, 2012 12:43PM

Hey...no one's mentioned the really *HUGE* story this week...

Two...count 'em...two all-stars. Teams who want to seriously contend for the Cup generally (but, not always...) have more than two all-stars. Vokouna fucking matata indeed...

Date: January 15, 2012 09:48PM

I could care less about the all-star game. It's like the NFL pro-bowl, a popularity contest. Means nothing. That said, Backstrom should have gotten the nod.

Another win today for the Caps. Not pretty but I'll take it. Tied for 1st in the SE.

Date: January 15, 2012 11:08PM

I was there and it looked pretty good from where I was sitting. There were a few close calls and we're still struggling to clear the puck in critical moments, but it was a good win. Did any of you see me on TV? I was the one in a caps sweater. Too vague? It's an Ovie winter classic sweater...shit, did I just out myself?

P.S. I cheered for Vokoun tonight. He played well (except that one time...)

Date: January 16, 2012 07:13AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> I was there and it looked pretty good from where I
> was sitting. There were a few close calls and
> we're still struggling to clear the puck in
> critical moments, but it was a good win. Did any
> of you see me on TV? I was the one in a caps
> sweater. Too vague? It's an Ovie winter classic
> sweater...shit, did I just out myself?
>
> P.S. I cheered for Vokoun tonight. He played well
> (except that one time...)

I saw you at the urinal, made eye contact and waved but you acted like you didn't know me...whats up with that brah!?

Whats the blonde chicks name who does the trivia questions?

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: January 16, 2012 11:28AM

Vokun def bailed them out. 42 saves on 43 shots? yeah he was the difference against the hurricanes.

Date: January 17, 2012 02:13PM

TV has been keeping the Caps in games for about a month.

Green is having surgery today to repair a sports hernia, otu 4-6 weeks. Appears that this, and not a "groin pull" has been what bothered him.

Hope they get another one at home tonight vs the Islanders. They've got a long road stretch against some pretty good teams coming up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 02:41PM by More Complete.

Posted by: Wake the Red!?! ()
Date: January 17, 2012 08:22PM

Well, here we are again. Caps getting massively outshot at home. Vokes can't steal all the games though, Islanders are up 2 - 0...

I was at the 'Canes game. It wasn't a good game. Anyone that thinks this can continue is fooling themselves. Sure, they won, but the 'Canes are horrible. Islanders aren't much better yet have the Caps on the ropes...

I'm glad to hear the boo birds out right now, the Caps deserve it.

Date: January 17, 2012 09:28PM

17 shots on goal......not very good.....

Date: January 18, 2012 01:08PM

Poor effort. No offense. I'm not hitting the panic button yet but with this stretch of road ganes they may be in trouble. They need to make some moves before the deadline. This team as built will not go far.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:14PM

Alan May keeps saying "If only Mike Greene were healthy, all would be well". I think their problems are not ones that are fixed with the return of one player.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:38PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Alan May keeps saying "If only Mike Greene were
> healthy, all would be well". I think their
> problems are not ones that are fixed with the
> return of one player.

Green, (when 100% healthy) does make a big difference. Especially on the PP. Problem is, he can't get on the ice. He's played what, 2 full seasons in his career? They need to clone him for a backup. A fast, offensive-defenseman is one of the key elements that they are missing. That and a #2 center. After Backstom, the talent level at center drops dramatically.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:48PM

from what I'm hearing, I'm glad I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night...

Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 7

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.