HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: Lake braddock girls basketball
Posted by: video ()
Date: February 19, 2012 03:08PM

video is confusingp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dummies ()
Date: February 19, 2012 06:23PM

not worth it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dummies, You are right about name calling. I have
> not done that and I won't. I do not agree on
> coaches drinking though since it is hs and kids
> get suspended. FCPS needs to clarify rules.
>
> You surely were not serious that you would throw a
> kid off if they asked how to earn playing time or
> if their parent did? Please tell me I
> misunderstood.
>
> Finally this is more than a person or two. You of
> course don't know entire story.
>
> As is always case, things will go on as usual.
> Kids will learn that the system fails them. AAU
> coaches who do know the story have stated it is
> wrong. She, like all of us, has made lots of
> mistakes this year and hurt lots of kids. I hope
> that she learns from them and continues to develop
> herself.

No, I said if I heard a COMPLAINT about playing time. If a parent/player came to me and said "what can little Sara do to improve her game and have a better chance at playing" I would tell Sara and parent(s) exactly why Sara wasn't getting the playing time she thought she deserved. And then I would invite parent(s) to come watch practice at some point and see if they agreed with me or not on Sara's shortcoming(s). Discussion is one thing...but if a parent ever walked into to talk to me and the people I coach with and said "My daughter should be playing more...." and making demands. That isn't going to end well for the player most of the time. I'll listen, I'll take notes and if I suggest they come to a practice or two and then never take me up on the offer...and I continue to hear complaints...I'm not dealing with that. Coaches at the HS level make next to nothing in money when you add up all the hours...so there is no way I'm going to let some parent try to run my team for me and dictate playing time.

Again, I do not know the situation at LB. I don't know the coach personally. I'm speaking on a broader topic of parents thinking they have the right to demand playing time for their kids. I'd guess 4 out of 5 times (and probably more) the parents have never once showed up to an actual practice. If they do, I certainly have more respect for them to be able to show up, look at things and then make a decision. It usually goes 1 of 3 ways in my experience after they show up to a practice. 1--you never hear about playing time issues again. 2--the player suddenly starts working out before and after practice to get better or 3--the parents are still convinced their kid is better than all the other kids and pulls them off the team and transfers schools. I've seen #3 happen one time in my career...and the kid didn't play at her new school either.

Posted by: Thank yku Dummies ()
Date: February 19, 2012 06:45PM

That is very helpful. You will note in several places on this blog that this coach woukd not talk with players both last year and this when they did not understand. Of course you are 100 percent correct that demanding something never a good idea. The problem on this team has been the preference given to frosh who do not have fundamentals down and no prior experience with basketball. This has been noted by coach after coach in the stands. Of course class status is not relevant but knowledge of the game and grasp of fundamentals should be.

Never a great sign when none of seniors return nor does a junior AAU player who has dedicated her life to the sport. The AD would not release players to transfer. Perhaps some of the more experienched coaches can mentor this person.

Most of LB practices are closed anyway.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:28PM

Thank yku Dummies Wrote:
> That is very helpful. You will note in several
> places on this blog that this coach woukd not talk
> with players both last year and this when they did
> not understand.

lol Still calling this a blog? HAHA!

Posted by: It won't die ()
Date: February 19, 2012 08:00PM

The BLOG that wouldn't die!!! Please, rehash everything again! Especially the comment "can't even run a three-on-three drill"!

Posted by: blog vs forum vs, whatever ()
Date: February 19, 2012 08:25PM

Someone please define blog, forum, discussion group

I think that is what really matters here.

Believe there is one more game. Then it is done til next year. If nothing changes then nothing will change.

Posted by: rumorhas it ()
Date: February 19, 2012 09:24PM

So LB wants school board and administration to believe only one or two people upset. Everyone from last year quit to focus on other sports. There is nothing wrong.

LOL

Posted by: HSbballfan ()
Date: February 20, 2012 07:46AM

Ok Lady Bruins good luck tonite against a tough Madison team. Play hard & Play tough and you never know you may see a great result!! Win or lose make your school, parents & coaches proud!

Posted by: the end ()
Date: February 20, 2012 01:19PM

Good luck girls
The end is near

Posted by: love these gurls ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:06PM

Congrats to all the girls

Posted by: lb famous ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:53PM

An inspirational quote from LB athlete Mia Hamm
It is too bad that from the sounds of this blog, forum or whatever, the girls robbed of so much joy. HS sports should bring joy and smiles nit tears and heartbreak.

Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you us the little girl who fell n love with the game and never looked back......play for her

Posted by: classy ciach ()
Date: February 20, 2012 08:53PM

Classy coach
You know you have lost the game and you single out a few kids and give them less than a minute in the last game when they practiced hard all year too.

It all comes down to lack of character. lack of concern for your players. Lack of so much.

Parents I dont blame you.

Posted by: IT IS OVER ()
Date: February 20, 2012 09:19PM

Thank goodness
GAME OVER

Posted by: Phoenix ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:14PM

After watching tonight's game, regardless of the kids' talent pool, the coach definitely needs to go. I agree, coach has no class or character. My kid came home from her spring sport try-out raving about her coach. The AD needs to step up.

Posted by: Ancient Bruin ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:20PM

I'm pleased the season's over now so that this thread will be too...

Posted by: Voice of Reason ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:23PM

Yes Phoenix
Now you see what the whole community has been saying all along.
Not a good role model.
LB can do so much better.
Post if you agree!
Write the AD
Write Curran
Write to school board
Our kids deserve better
But if no one speaks out it will be more of the same.

Our kids deaerve MORE

Posted by: Sorry.... ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:24PM

Dont assume it is over Ancient Bruin

Posted by: Serious ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:31PM

So Phoenix you actually now understand?

Posted by: I want to know ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:35PM

Phoenix what did you see that made you change your mind?

Posted by: So tired ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:36PM

AD needs to go too. So cocky and corrupt.

Posted by: you have to be blind ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:37PM

Anyone looking at this situation objectively who has been on inside will come to say conclusion.

Many serious issues. And this BLOG onky scratches the surface.

Posted by: SameShitDifferentDay ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:57PM

rumorhas it Wrote:
> So LB wants school board and administration to
> believe only one or two people upset. Everyone
> from last year quit to focus on other sports.
> There is nothing wrong.
/////////////////////////////////////

And those rumors ALL come from the mouth of the Athletic director who is a mastermind staying up nights to spin his stories he will sell. Rumor has it he told HIS higher up that all the girls were hugging and kissing their coach in the locker room after the last game and it was so heart-warming. A COMPLETE crock according to the girls. You have to get up real early in the morning to beat that man to the bullshit finish line.
So since the parents all intimidated into silence, the system will never change. The school board says parents need to come to THEM as they do not reach out for independant calls. How tough would it really be to simply pick up the phone and call the parents of the girls whose hand was forced to quit or the kids that left. How tough? 10 minutes would solve it. They just don't care and would rather listen to the AD BS than find the truth.

Posted by: Phoenix ()
Date: February 20, 2012 11:43PM

All: It's not what I saw, it's what I didn't see and I'll leave it at that. Bottom line, this program needs a coach that respects the program and the kids. This program needs new blood. The AD will always protect the coach in any sport so you have to understand that. Very tough situation. Very apparent that current coach does not know how to be a coach. Seems like the program has degraded by what I have read and that's a part of coaching. And yes, the AD is cocky and I have no idea why. Read earlier posts and seek the assistance of a coach at another sport that very well could help you present your case to higher ups. Season is over, boost the kids' confidence any way you can.

Posted by: Boost ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:54AM

There are many who want to quit. If this keeps up LB will not have a girls team. I agree boost the kids confidence. Phoenix im not sure i understand what you mean by asking another coach to help with the higher ups?

Posted by: Wake up LB ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:00AM

I think Phoenix means get an experienced coach to talk to the AD.
AD does not listen, but it is good thought.

Almost the whole team quit last year and no one cared. It is so much easier to look the other way and take no action. After all it is about the coach and NOT the kids.

People in authority are aware of this terrible situation. But people with direct experience in this program must speak up now.

Posted by: Please ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:11AM

All parents from this year and last year please please speak up.

Posted by: Help LB please ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:03AM

Phoenix since you saw what everyone is so upset about maybe you can help us out by calling the school board? What you have seen is only just a small portion. If you could speak to the kids you would be sickened. The kids have had enough, parents etc... But if you have concerns LB wont listen they have not in years believe me i know. I think it would be in the best intrest of all involved if the AD retired and the coach resigns. But they wont!

Posted by: The Who ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:25AM

Who the FU%K would want to coach here with all this nonsense?
Didn't this new coach come from Madison? Where they just lost big?
One would think she would know most everything they do.
Should be fun to hear how her Vogues AAU team does this Spring.
Start another topic on that one, see if gets to 7 pages.

Posted by: No auu ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:35AM

She is not coaching auu so get over yourself. She has only coached one season of aau which was a regional team. Yes you would think she would know but very obvious she didnt. So why dont you go watch a game like phoenix did until then keep your trap shut.

Posted by: Action Now ()
Date: February 21, 2012 11:34AM

Action is required NOW if there is ever going to be a change!

If you want this nonsense to end call 571-423-3154 today.

Please act to protect our girls. You can leave your information in confidence.

Posted by: Action Now ()
Date: February 21, 2012 11:52AM

And how pathetic that the coach actual subs players with less than a minute to go when the game was long-since lost? Why not play as many of your players as you can for reasonable amounts of time to give them as much game experience for next year as possible? It is so obvious this coach is in way over her head on so many levels. It's an embarrassment for the school and provides no positive instructive learning for her players.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 21, 2012 01:57PM

Candidates Wrote:
> Dearest 'More Complete' who has NO life

Why are you so defensive if what I’ve said is not true?

> Bla bla bla, I hate the coach, bla bla bla, the
> coach won’t play my daughter, bla bla bla,
> the coach should be replaced, bla bla, fire her

> I have
> absolutely NO clue what this thing is called.
>A "Forum" or a "blog" but I have seen these things
> called a 'Blog' so I called it a Blog when I
> posted my candidates breakdown. Are you saying I
> am this same person posting all over as well?? I
> relisted and expounded on the candidates as posted
> earlier in this thread because someone requested
> it. As previously stated , a parent that hiring
> year rounded up the resumes from many of the
> candidates. I called it a Blog, do you know why?
> Because I do not live on this thing like you
> appear to. I would not know what to call this
> beast that seems to have a life of its own, nor do
> I really care.

Perhaps then, you should not be offended when others point this out to you.

> This human being read through this entire
> monstrosity again just to find where someone
> posted the word 'BLOG'. Really? How truly pathetic

First, I didn’t read through it “again” it was my first time reading. Secondly, it took all of a minute to find the word blog used repeatedly. Apparently you think that this was some sort of time consuming feat. I’m sure it would be for you.

> I am prone to think many of us who have made the
> occasional contribution or observation here do not
> make a habit of visiting these 'forums' and have
> lives so we just don’t know what they are called
> ! And you state "this persons posts are
> remarkably similar to "The Lamb Center Thread"."
> WTF, I had to google it.

Lol. You had to google it? I bet you did! Too much trouble to look on the front page of the forum? Perhaps you never look at the forum but rather spend all your time in this thread posting over and over about the same thing with multiple anonymous monikers. Sounds like fun.

I simply pointed out what has been brought up numerous time since this threads inception. The point is that this whole thread is but one or two people posting over and over. It’s blatantly obvious to even the most casual observer that all these “people” making the same point repeatedly are but one “person” using different accounts, and using the same tell tale grammar and slang. If you cannot see this, I am sorry.

> Do you make a life out
> of reading and posting on different Fairfax
> Underground blogs, threads, forums?

I don’t have a life, remember?

> In addition to volunteer opportunities as
> suggested above, there are meet-up activity groups
> galore in the DMV area. Find something to do to
> enrich the world or at least your own sorry life.

Seriously, I hit a nerve huh? You seem pretty upset. It must feel terrible to realize that others can see right through such a facade. Well, the gig is up. This pathetic attempt to make it appear as if lots and lots of folks feel the same way about Lake Braddock’s girls basketball coach has failed. Sorry.

> Watching "it's academic" with some of our local
> high school teams, enriching my life before going
> out to enjoy a great day

That’s great that you think watching it’s academic is an example of how “enriched” your life is. The problem is, you’re a coward. But don’t let me ruin the fun, enjoy talking to yourself. I’m sure if you and another like minded idiot post enough times using enough different names you’ll get the coach fired. On the other hand, probably not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 01:59PM by More Complete.

Posted by: Enough Is Enough ()
Date: February 21, 2012 01:58PM

Seriously, enough is enough. How many more examples does the administration and/or AD need to understand that this set-up is not good for the girls.

Possible drinking at a team -mandated function (discipline or not there should have been an apology); Flying water bottles and technicals during the games; Suggested blatant disrespect for some of the team’s players; Bad language during games and practices; Playing kids with NO experience over kids with many years of experience - players who are CLEARLY no better; Lack of willingness to meet with players and parents and listen.

Finally almost the WHOLE team quit last year and the AD did not research this. I am a friend of this team and there is MUCH more. All of the above apparently happened. I applaud any parent or child from this team willing to stand up for what is right. I do not have a stake on this and I have made my call. I am a parent and I hope others would do same for me.

Posted by: To everyone ()
Date: February 21, 2012 01:59PM

Parents, observers, players you have to help or LB will continue to make you out to be the bad guys. I promise they already are. Call now and make a change. If you dont nobody will and you will be stuck with the same issues year after year. This is not about playing time its about the character of the coach and AD. There are cover ups at LB. I promise you that!

Date: February 21, 2012 02:03PM

Wow look! “Action Now” and “Enough is Enough” both registered today and decided their first (and only) posts should in this thread. Coincidence? Must be!

Posted by: More than one ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:06PM

Its very apparent at least to me that this is numerous parents etc... On here not just one. Thier may be one who changes their name but you are very stupid. In order to use the same name you have to register. If you try to type in same name it says its taken. Oh the ignorance of some people. If you dont like it go away. I can bet money you are a happy parent on the team. Actually probably one of the few.

Posted by: More complete two ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:09PM

2,ooo posts you are a troll! Everyone ignore this person.

Posted by: XParent ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:28PM

I am a parent of an EX player. I called and had a nice long chat with Steve Kerr at 571-423-3154. I provided my name and phone number if they need my inout anytime, anywhere. I have no 'dog in this fight', as they say but I know the issues at Lake Braddock are long standing and the Fairfax investigators can do nothing but investigate abuse allegations. If you feel your daughters have been verbally or mentally abused then you may all speak up and make that case. They can also investigate the drinking allegations if somethere speaks up. I shared my experiences and he will make a call to the principal and the AD so at LEAST with the little I shared , these two know they no longer have free reign with no oversight on his GBB hiring decisions. He is simply going to let them know that people in the community are concerned about the goings on. The Vogues inexperienced coaches gravy train will end.

on a different note- Wow that More Complete person has ISSUES !!!!!!!!!!!Certainly knows their way around FU !! Nuts-OOooooo

Date: February 21, 2012 02:39PM

charade Wrote:
> Can we cut the charade here and just lay it all
> out on the table?
>
> 1 - you are unhappy with coach
> 2 - you want coach fired
> 3 - you have a conversation with yourself under
> multiple usernames to make it look like people
> care
> 4 - you think the most mature way to handle this
> is to slam the coach on the internet and try to
> belittle him in 'pubic' rather than discuss it
> with anyone at the school, or the coach himself
> 5 - no one else cares

No, no, it’s more than one person!

bs Wrote:
> I am calling this entire thread BS. I come on
> here from time to time and this site never
> generates 77 comments on a girls basketball team.
> And in one day.

No, it’s lots and lots of people that all feel the same way!

In the Know Wrote:
> These 2 posters are one and the same.

It can’t be!

lb fan Wrote:
> I just find it so pathetic that about 70 of these
> 90 posts are from one parent saying the same thing
> with different names.

No, that’s not true, lots of people feel the same way! Something must be done!

Hilarious Stuff Wrote:
> Man, it's not hard to see that 90% of this thread
> is ONE whining parent.

How could that be possible? There are so many different names?

Posted by: Grover Cleveland ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:43PM

It's true! I'm very concerned! And I've been dead for a long time!

Posted by: James Naismith ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:44PM

And who would know more about basketball-related problems than I do? This is a CRISIS! Gas up your Hupmobile, and let's go!

Posted by: Mrs. More Complete ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:44PM

More complete two Wrote:
> 2,ooo posts you are a troll! Everyone ignore this
> person.

Now, now, now...settle down and let's look at this little nugget you'd like for us to believe is logical.

First of all, 2,000 posts is not a lot of posts by this forum's standards. It's just not. Second of all, More Complete has been a fixture and a INSTITUTION on this forum for several years now and the content of their posts contributes greatly to the overall intellectual quotient of this forum on a VARIETY of subjects. Finally, a troll is not defined by the quantity of their posts. Topper Shutt, yes the weatherman, posts on this forum and has over 2,000 posts. Does this mean Topper Shutt is a troll? No, of course not.

More Complete has a position on this issue which runs counter to yours. You flamed More Complete and More Complete skewered you. Get over it. Big deal...you lost an internet argument...I'm sure you've had greater tragedies in your life.

Posted by: Dean Smith ()
Date: February 21, 2012 02:45PM

Such things would never be permitted in Chapel Hill.

Posted by: Blogster ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:07PM

Dear More Complete,

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde-----I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Posted by: Oscar Wilde ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:26PM

Ooooh, somebody paraphrased me! Now, I'm VERY concerned!

Posted by: General George S. Patton ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:27PM

"You magnificent bastards! I read your board!"

Posted by: Mary, Queen of Scots ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:27PM

I hope nobody loses their heads over this.

Posted by: Linda Lovelace ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:28PM

Everybody knows how important ball-handling is.

Posted by: Oscar Wilde ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:28PM

You said a mouthful, Linda.

Date: February 21, 2012 03:42PM

Mrs. More Complete Wrote:
> Now, now, now...settle down and let's look at this
> little nugget you'd like for us to believe is
> logical.
>
> First of all, 2,000 posts is not a lot of posts by
> this forum's standards. It's just not. Second of
> all, More Complete has been a fixture and a
> INSTITUTION on this forum for several years now
> and the content of their posts contributes greatly
> to the overall intellectual quotient of this forum
> on a VARIETY of subjects. Finally, a troll is not
> defined by the quantity of their posts. Topper
> Shutt, yes the weatherman, posts on this forum and
> has over 2,000 posts. Does this mean Topper Shutt
> is a troll? No, of course not.
>
> More Complete has a position on this issue which
> runs counter to yours. You flamed More Complete
> and More Complete skewered you. Get over it. Big
> deal...you lost an internet argument...I'm sure
> you've had greater tragedies in your life.

Aww shucks. Thanks honey! :)

Blogster Wrote:
> Dear More Complete,
>
> To paraphrase Oscar Wilde-----I refuse to have a
> battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Clever, I always liked that quote. However, there is no battle. That is not my motivation nor my intention.

Have a nice day. :)

Posted by: Forrest Gump ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:44PM

You know, coaching girls basketball is like a box of chocolates. You never know which chocolate has whiny, complaining, parents.

Posted by: Teddy Roosevelt ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:07PM

I understand the team's had a Rough Ride!

Posted by: Not lost ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:10PM

I promise you i have not lost this argument but you will.

Posted by: Catherine Lorenze ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:16PM

Someone needs to bring this coach a Red Apple!

Date: February 21, 2012 04:30PM

Hey More Complete...here is my second posting since you seem to want to keep count.

Since you really can’t defend the coaches behavior the alternative is to attack the parents? It is all the parents fault – all the examples on here – get over yourself. The AD is a coward for not stepping in and removing this coach who is incapable of leading young women. Pat Summit she is not -- and never will be with her dictatorial coaching style. Kids today are not lemmings...they know when they are getting screwed by coaches whose egos are much larger than their brains and common sense. You can yell at kids constructively to motivate them or you can tear them down to make them feel small.

There is a time to develop younger, less experienced talent, but it has to be in small doses and in specific situations. That has not been the case with the LB varsity girls team and the performance of some of the less experienced players speaks volumes.

Posted by: Feel sorry ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:37PM

I just feel sorry for the girls having to have this experience. Hey at least they are getting a real life lesson in how things can sometimes work. I'm proud of every child who stuck through the hell they have for this long.

Date: February 21, 2012 04:37PM

Hey More Complete, third posting in case you are still counting (that means there should be seven more fingers for you to use).

Since you obviously don't have a child on the team OR know any of the families who have players on the team, your insights are about as worthless as a politician's campaign promise...and there isn't anything more worthless than that!

There is no excuse for the on-court behavior of this coach, let alone what goes on in practice or the lockerroom. She should be fired as should the AD for letting it happen. It's one thing to make a bad hire which the AD did. To allow that bad hire to continually demonstrate her lack of leadership ability, coaching skills and overall character is irresponsible.

Posted by: More complete funny ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:39PM

Guess what more complete after its all said and done you will be skewered too. Just wait your time to apologize is coming. Mrs more complete yours is too.

Date: February 21, 2012 04:45PM

More complete funny Wrote:
> Mrs more complete yours is
> too.

I am waiting to die. :)

Posted by: Your sick ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:51PM

You are a very disturbed person nobody threatened your life.

Posted by: The Pope ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:03PM

My children, your basketball reward will come in heaven, where all the coaches are sweet and gentle and knowledgable . . . . and all pushy parents BURN in perpetual HELLFIRE!

Posted by: Pat Robertson ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:04PM

I must disagree with the Holy Father -- the pushy whiny basketball parents will not burn in hellfire. They will simply spend eternity in Purgatory, never knowing if their children got that D-1 scholly or not.

Posted by: Rick Santorum ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:05PM

One of my campaign's central positions is that bad coaches can be placed in the stocks in the town square, and pelted with rotten veggies.

Oh, sorry, that's for women who use contraception. Never mind.

Posted by: eye on ball ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:17PM

Don't lose sight of that number
571. 423 3154
Call now.

News flash bloggers: anyone dealing with this mess has been in basketball misery all season. Painful to watch. Painful to hear about. Painful to endure.
Kudos to the classy gurls who toughed it out.
Yes, they have class and character

Posted by: Basketball Coaches ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:26PM

Hey does anyone know hiw to get in touch with basketball coaches association

Bet they have standards which thus team is not meeting.

Posted by: Basketball Coaches Association ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:33PM

You rang?

If you have a BCA complaint, please fill out Form 1112-A, and submit it to the Coaching Review Sub-Committee, along with a $50 review fee.

Our committee will meet, and make a recommendation to the full Coaching Disciplinary Committee, which can call hearings and impose penalties.

After that, we will gather in a circle with all of the cranky parents, and sing, "Kumbaya."

Please. The Basketball Coaches Association. Spare me.

Posted by: Basketball Coaches ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:47PM

Sorry, thought I was helping. But there you go blaming parents again

Tgen maybe VHSL. Don't rhey govern athletics?

Date: February 21, 2012 05:48PM

More than one Wrote:
> In order to use the same name you
> have to register.

Yes, that’s exactly my point. Why are so many people in this thread not registered? Why are there users that registered, only posted in this thread, and then have never been heard from again?

What happened to the original thread starter? Why haven’t they come back to post in their thread? Don’t they want to fire the coach anymore? Aren’t they curious to see what everyone thinks about this subject? Where did they go?

They didn’t go anywhere. They just stopped using the registered name they started the thread with and began posting as someone else.

Enough Is Enough Wrote:
> Hey More Complete...here is my second posting
> since you seem to want to keep count.

And I’m sure just like “Enough5”, “hoopsandmore”, “makeadifference”, it will be one of your last as you realize that you cannot pretend to be more than one person using only one registered moniker at a time. I’m sure you will abandon it for another one, or two, or twenty.

> Since you really can’t defend the coaches
> behavior the alternative is to attack the parents?

I’m not attacking the parents. Only the idea that pretending to be more than one person (in essence talking to yourself) is something that a mentally competent person would do.

More complete funny Wrote:
> Guess what more complete after its all said and
> done you will be skewered too. Just wait your time
> to apologize is coming.

Well if I ever start a thread and then talk to myself as if I’m a number of different people I will have earned it! :)

Posted by: Vhsl ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:48PM

Its called Vhsl

Posted by: I find it funny as crap ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:52PM

I find it funny that everyone seems to think all these posters are one person.

Date: February 21, 2012 05:54PM

I find it funny as crap Wrote:
> I find it funny that everyone seems to think all
> these posters are one person.

I bet it's you. ;)

Posted by: Fu investigators ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:56PM

I love the people on this forum that try to be private investigators. This whole site is a joke.

Posted by: Jay Leno ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:57PM

Did someone say, "funny crap"? That's me!

And it's not one poster with all the complaints, but it's sure not more than a couple of people posting OVER AND OVER again.

Fu investigators Wrote:
> I love the people on this forum that try to be
> private investigators. This whole site is a joke.

Investigators? Read the first page of this thread. Stevie Wonder could figure it out! :)

Posted by: Pablo Picasso ()

I would like to dedicate a painting to the complaining parents.

It's called, "Shut the Fuck Up."

Oh, wait, I'm dead. Sorry about that.

Posted by: Funny as crap 2 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:58PM

Nope not me I can bet you that;) so onto the real issue please parents call that number. I'm ignoring the nut jobs on here.

Date: February 21, 2012 05:59PM

Jay Leno Wrote:
> Did someone say, "funny crap"? That's me!

You're crackin me up man!

> And it's not one poster with all the complaints,
> but it's sure not more than a couple of people
> posting OVER AND OVER again.

Exactly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 06:00PM by More Complete.

Posted by: hoopsandmore1 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:03PM

Some of us have been reading and watching. But hey I am back now. More Complete. This is not a single person. Why don't you call that number and ask how many people have already called today. Don't think they can change their voices that easily.

Here is a tip. It is more than one, two, five or even seven. Call. Then you will see this is not an isolated whiny parent.

Posted by: Ignore ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:05PM

Just ignore more complete they are just trying to cause drama. People on fu do that.

Date: February 21, 2012 06:11PM

hoopsandmore1 Wrote:
> Some of us have been reading and watching. But
> hey I am back now. More Complete. This is not a
> single person.

What do you know! I mention your moniker and 15 minutes later you are here? Why aren't you logged in?

Ignore Wrote:
> Just ignore more complete they are just trying to
> cause drama. People on fu do that.

I’m not trying to “cause” anything. Just playing captain obvious.

It's been fun. Good luck getting the coach fired!

Posted by: hoopsandmore2 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:11PM

No, I want More Complete to call so they will be quiet.

Posted by: hoopsandmore2 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:58PM

Guess more. comlete having dinner

Date: February 21, 2012 07:30PM

Your sick Wrote:
> You are a very disturbed person nobody threatened
> your life.

Clearly, you've never seen "Good Morning, Vietnam"...if you had, you would understand my use of the phrase "I'm waiting to die."

Posted by: that number ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:51PM

571 423 3154

This is the number that you need to call. If you want to do more than just complain then pick up the phone. A number of people called today already. Let's teach the kids that you can try to right the wrongs in this world. All it takes is the courage to speak out.

One honest voice can be louder than a choir of untruths.

Character Counts.

Posted by: Jesus El Savior Christo ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:10PM

What's all the hub-bub about here kind folks? What seems to be the problem? Can I help in some way? Seems there's an awful lot of anger and hate being passed around here. Act as though the Lord is watching your every move and hearing your every word, because He is. God bless everyone, including this young lady everyone is so upset with and I pray you all can find a peaceful resolution. Trust in the Lord!

God Bless all of you!

Posted by: be careful ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:21PM

Parents should be supportive of the team, but they should not intervene on behalf of their kids with the coach unless there is a legitimate health or safety issue. Kids need to navigate the athletic world on their own. Heck, in today's politically correct,antiseptic rule based school environment, managing to athletic excellence is one of the few acceptable ways to avoid being a suburban candy-ass.

Having said this, exceptional behavior can justify deviating from this principle. I am not sure the facts are sufficiently exceptional here. But they could be. And if I were the AD I would really want to know, and not "know" in a shallow bureaucratic way. Simply, I would really want to know if I have an insecure leader at the helm. If I came to that conclusion, well, things would not continue. The plain truth is that in a large suburban high school with well off parents being head coach of a sport like basketball is going to be a demanding job, with lots of expectations. This phenomenon occurs in every well heeled surburban school in the country. It takes maturity and leadership, and those doesn't necessarily correlate with age, although experience clearly is a factor.

I know many good coaches in Fairfax County. There is almost universal postive agreement among the parents whose charges play for them. I am not sure this is surprising. They are consistent, good at what they do, and while not perfect, make it clear by their actions that they are doing right by the team. And yes, they know how to deal with difficult parents.

One quirky thing strikes me as bothersome here. In the context of the complaints and the descriptions of the situation, the Division III college basketball experience sends off the wrong signals. I could be wrong here - and this is not to say that a former Division III player can't be an excellent coach - indeed - with the right set of leadership skills and a solid and healthy dose of humility such a coach could be very effective. But my own anecdotal experience in highly competitive Division 1 athletics makes me lean in the wrong direction here. I can typecast many a Division III athlete I knew who wanted to make a career in sports - they were often balanced alright - meaning they had a chip on both shoulders in trying to prove they were as "good" as their Division 1 counterparts. And the need to "prove" even extended to academics. This always seemed odd to me because Division III was what it was - a decent level of college athletics but certainly not at the quasi-professional level of Division 1. In any event, this certainly is not an out of bounds question for a competent AD to ask of a coach when doing a management review. Give me a not-insecure and dedicated coach with good judgment around kids, and the rest will take care of itself.

Posted by: the very best coaches ()
Date: February 21, 2012 09:30PM

Be careful makes a good point.

The best coaches have earned the trust and respect of players and parents.

The respect is not here because the players know that it is not about and for them.

It is all about ego. Kids can sense sincerity and realize there is none here

Posted by: A family friend ()
Date: February 21, 2012 10:06PM

I am a lifelong friend of one of the players families. This is my first post here. I think the point about letting kids navigate is a good one as long as coaches are being supportive, fair and honest. However, I think intervention is required when kids are being treated with no respect and are pawns in some kind of possible ego trip of insecure coaches. I know this has gone on in regards to several girls.

The particular kid I am referencing has worked hard all her life. She stayed after time after time and all she wanted was an opportunity which never came. These parents prayed for direction and resolution. They tried but met with rudeness and arrogance. The young lady did not walk away but behaved with dignity and grace.

I still think the girls deserve a coach who puts the interests of the team and her players above all else. They realize they are providing a service and not commanding troops.

I pray for them each day too. This has been a heart breaking experience.

Posted by: Pele ()
Date: February 21, 2012 10:11PM

Nepostism and cronyism is the way of life at LBSS sports department. YOu think basketball is crooked, wait until we start discussing the inbred soccer program.

Posted by: What the heck do you want? ()
Date: February 22, 2012 06:09AM

First, the girls coach has to go because she chases off talent, can't win, and is a poor role model for girls.

Now, the baseball program is under fire for developing talent, winning multiple district and regional titles and helping numerous kids make it to D1 colleges.

Finally, the soccer program is under fire for making the state semi-final last year.

Horrible programs? Bad coaches? Is there a common theme here?

Yes. Nosy, insecure, helicopter parents who can't always get what they want!

Posted by: 2tired ()
Date: February 22, 2012 06:19AM

No, the common denominator is the AD. He has to go.

Posted by: Pretty Simple ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:24AM

The teams must all win consistently, all players must earn scholarships, all parents must have their asses kissed and their input solicited, and the coaches must collectively win the Nobel Peace Prize.

And, even then, the parents will complain.

Posted by: heywhattheck ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:28AM

Wrong
What the heck

Try to keep up

The siuation at LB not about winning
It is about character.

Posted by: And to pretty simple ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:29AM

You need to keep up too
Making bold stupid statements dies not hide the truth

Posted by: Dude . . . ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:00AM

And to pretty simple Wrote:
> You need to keep up too
> Making bold stupid statements dies not hide the
> truth

If not for bold stupid statements, you'd be silent.

The number of folks complaining about the coach is MANY fewer than claimed here.

Date: February 22, 2012 09:28AM

the Pope, Pat Robertson, Linda Lovelace, More Complete, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc....This is the same person as Pele. This assole just throwing shit at the fan to be able to say the parents at this school complain about every program. Noone on here is complaining about the baseball coaches. Just stop answering that crazy person and adding fuel to his fire. Stick to the issues and stop arguing with this witless person. It cheapens the truly valid points that have been brought out.

Posted by: Finally ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:46AM

Blogster you are correct. People just like to anger people i think this has been said over and over.

Posted by: reality ck ()
Date: February 22, 2012 10:14AM

Yes the freshman favs like her and a handful of parents. Then again since they have little experience with sport they do not know what makes good coach. You are obviously not in stands and do not talk to most parents. You need a reality check

Date: February 22, 2012 10:23AM

Blogster Wrote:
> the Pope, Pat Robertson, Linda Lovelace, More
> Complete
, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc....This is
> the same person as Pele.

Just for clarification, I am only More Complete. I only post using my registered name. You should try it sometime. ;)

Date: February 22, 2012 10:43AM

More Complete Wrote:
> Blogster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the Pope, Pat Robertson, Linda Lovelace, More
> > Complete, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc....This
> is
> > the same person as Pele.
>
> Just for clarification, I am only More Complete. I
> only post using my registered name. You should try
> it sometime. ;)

little smiley face More Complete.... I am Blogster..and posted a couple of times as Candidates. I will accept that at face value cause as I stated previously, I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.