HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: Lake braddock girls basketball
Posted by: Today ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:08PM

If you care about program call now

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Irony detector ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:55PM

AddPlease... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cluster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I use one name and I call up the chain giving
> my
> > name. I do NOT sign on here using , just in
> this
> > one page alone, Hilarious, Have Read,
> Loonies...,
> > Ummmm..., laDiDah, profiles in courage, call
> the
> > waaaambulance, (that I am sure of) with your
> > half sentences, caustic tone, apostrophy after
> > the s's on critics' and cowards' your "...'
> > dot dot dots your CAPS... Aren't you clever
> > SMH Your postings are all so transparent.
>
>
> Hey Cluster, Add "Please..." to your list of
> transparent monikers this same circle jerk is
> using. lol "never stopped you before" this
> person reminds me of a 6 year old at recess
> sticking their tongue out and screaming
> NAaaannNaaNANAaNAaaaaa Dont even acknowledge the
> jerk

Is there anything funnier than somebody urging someone else NOT to acknowledge a third person? And, in so doing, acknowledging that third person?

Face it, you guys could screw up a two-car funeral.

Posted by: Irony ()
Date: February 16, 2012 04:06PM

Hey Irony detector, come in from recess Time to get off of the playground. Get off the bully pulpit you really aren't cute. Add 'ironydetector' to the growing list of your transparencies. Grow up

Posted by: Stand Alone ()
Date: February 16, 2012 04:41PM

I am a parent.
Much of this is 100 percent true. Most I would say.
It is a regular soap opera all designed to protect a young coach placed in a position without experience but too angry to listen. The school will do anything to protect its coaches. She and they could care less what they do to young girls in the process. It is disqusting and wrong. Yes my daughter has not been treated fairly at all along with 4-5 more. It is the cold, hard truth. Everyone talks about it in the stands, etc. But everyone knows if you speak out then you get punished. And some of their kids are playing so it is everyone for themselves in our world. Nasty posters: what would you do and say if it was your child? Now that an investigation underway it is lies and cover-ups all over again.

I will stand up for what is right even if it means I stand alone

Posted by: Phoenix ()
Date: February 16, 2012 05:04PM

This school will not protect its coaches trust me. There is a spring sport coach who caught a lot of flack even while winning and trust me, the school did not protect this coach. The coach stood up to the admin and parents and doesn't take any crap. So, to all the parents who think this coach is so bad, let me ask you this, "What type of product did you bring to the coach to work with?" The varsity level is about building team cohesiveness and not about working on fundamentals; your kid should have learned that in AAU. So easy to blame the coach when in reality, it's your kid that sucks. Look at the records of all the teams that aren't successful. How many of those kids prepared to win? How many of your kids played AAU ball prior to the season? Teach your kids self accountability before blaming others; that's what is wrong with today's parents--so scared to take the kids' gloves off and tell them they suck when it's so much easier to blame the coach. If all the kids played 8 years of AAU then maybe it is the coach. But I totally doubt that. Just remember, a coach will have their turn to tell you that you suck as a parent so if you want to hide behind anonymous posts, then good luck.

Posted by: fall ()
Date: February 16, 2012 05:10PM

My child has worked hard over many years and has stayed in there fighting all the way. She is not one of tge two frosh who runs with the ball who starrs. Yes the school is protecting them. She will get by with it and the lies told will prevail.

Sometimes Phoenix, wrong things happen

Posted by: Just Maybe ()
Date: February 16, 2012 05:47PM

Maybe, just maybe, the AD hired this coach to get rid of some problem players and parents? Based on the drama on this board, I think this would qualify him as a genius! Cowardly, but the dirty work is done.

Posted by: nope ()
Date: February 16, 2012 05:53PM

Good ADs care about kids

Posted by: Einstein is InTheHouse ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:40PM

I THINK everything is out now so just call the board member and the cluster group. Nothing more to say that has not been said unless someone has pictures that might explain WHY that AD hired pretty coach.

Just Maybe Wrote:
> Maybe, just maybe, the AD hired this coach to get
> rid of some problem players and parents? Based on
> the drama on this board, I think this would
> qualify him as a genius! Cowardly, but the dirty
> work is done.

WOW..this baby Einstein comes off the playground to add this kind of stinkin thinkin to to conversation, add this one to all the other transparent monikers you've used the past few days but this one is one of the most assanine comments so far. AD hiring coaches to clear out a program of its seniors and one of their best juniors and send two WCAC caliber players to a private school? yah that;s it. I have known the families of these girls that quit for many years. They never complained or lifted a finger when other parents approached the AD about Harris. You have no CLUE what you are ranting about Einstein.
So he picks THE most inexperienced applicant over at least 6 extremely talented applicants to get certain players to quit. Did you REALLY just suggest this? If that was his thinkin then you and he combined tip the scales at a IQ of 50. The 'drama of this board'.--- and yet you seem to live on it.
And Phoenix, have you been paying attention? You say this school will not protect its coaches. Yet the drinking and driving was minimized and swept under the rug by the AD and the principal is a rubber stamp. What am I missing here?Oh thats it. crazy logic I am Curious This spring sport coach, did the AD shuffle his feet and turn red when he spoke to her or him?

Posted by: ws or lb ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:01PM

who winning now

Posted by: WSduh ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:39PM

ws or lb Wrote:
> who winning now
/////////////////////////////////////////////
Complete blow out WS over LB. It was painful to watch. Billy Gibsons team played like a team.

Posted by: Funny as hell ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:45PM

Hey check out the turnovers the two fresh had like 20 to my understanding. They can't hang with the big dogs now imagine that. Wake up lb ad. How can any coach or human for that matter play those two. Guess when you don't know how to do a defensive stance it doesn't matter at that school. Her so called best defender lost her man every time. Oh the joy of it all. They actually run into each other it's funny as hell. Wake up pretty girl your in way over your head. Oh I'm getting a good laugh.

Posted by: Phoenix 2 ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:51PM

Guess your quiet now Phoenix what a laugh. Yep everyone's bad parents guess your kid is just going to the WNBA ha what a laugh. The AD is a liar to save his own butt he has caused many issues at LB and still is. Bet I can get fifty parents from over the years to say that. So it must be that many crazy parents right? You are an obnoxious loser with too much time on my hands. Did you see them play WS tonight. Hmmmm guess you did and are speechless. So take your non basketball self and stick it!

Posted by: Just bet ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:53PM

I bet the AD comes out and says its because of talent. His only excuse

Posted by: Funny as hell ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:54PM

I am still laughing!

Posted by: what do you expect folks ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:55PM

A world class high school program coached by whom many consider the best high school coach in County.

WS. That is basketball and how a team plays.

Too bad for LB girls though.

Can someone post those names on those resumes?

Posted by: Never ever ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:00PM

That was sad.

But that is what you get when nepotism and cya rules the day

Like a really bad circus

But hugs to those girls. They did their best

Posted by: Here ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:10PM

Jim watson, dave mccrae, crenshaw, i think there was more

Posted by: Candidates ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:32PM

As stated earlier on page 4

##Now there were (more than) 5 qualified candidates YES! The parents that year got their resumes and one went into principals office with them!
1.Calvin Crenshaw- would have brought Dyamond with him, D-1 player, placed many D players, coaches at St Stevens St Agnes, won state titles, coaches showcase AAu team 16-u teams NO Limits, interacts with parents kids college coaches 20+ years

2. Rocky Carter- currently at the school coaching boys team with Metress and teaching phys ed // and has the character of a saint as you can see by his post earlier on this blog. coached AAU for BRYC community boys teams for MANy years and I think led the girls basketball program at Annandale for a while and coached at Lee High School. An already in house very qualified candidate

3.Dave Mcrae - Coaching through the ranks at Annandale-coaching at various levels and teams since 1998

4.Paula something who was a pupil of Crenshaw and had a basketball training business , played D-1 ball and played ball professionally in Europe. She was not even interviewed. appears that AD could then say he wanted to hire a girl who the girls could relate to and that is why he went with coach he hand picked. This 'wanted to try a female' is what principal told parent who brought him the other 4 resumes Umm brilliant reason, cause pretty coach has different hardware between the legs.

5. Jim Watson - BRYC commissioner- former player and coaching local teams in our community for many years
and
6. Parker Roach- Many many years same as Watson above also a private trainer for whomever asks! I know I saw him in the gym on his off days on saturdays working individually with boys team members FREE, currently asst coaching at PVI Catholic

Posted by: Ashes ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:37PM

I guess Pheonix buried under the ashes

LOL

Posted by: coach of year ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:43PM

Like I said Billy Gibson Coach of Year

Posted by: Nah dude ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:53PM

LB coach is hahahaha

Posted by: not a funny one ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:57PM

not a laughing matter

Date: February 16, 2012 10:11PM

WS probably has more players playing AAU than LB. But that doesn't matter because it's the coach's fault. Well, if you all truly believe it is the coach, then why not take your superstar kids to a private school? Question, since I do not know basketball, how many turnovers, missed free throws, missed shots, missed defensive assignments did the coach have?

Posted by: Finalscore ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:53AM

I made it there but left at half time when it was like 39 to 9. That was more than enough for me. Do they have the slaughter rule clock in high school? So what was the final score.?

Posted by: Hey phoenix ()
Date: February 17, 2012 07:37AM

They wouldnt have so many if the coach taught them those things. Your still an idiot with no basketball IQ. Did you see the freshman who dribbles so high she cant control the ball? Did you see the other one who turned the ball over about ten times in five min? Guess not so now go away and read a basketball book and learn.

Posted by: Final score your answer ()
Date: February 17, 2012 07:42AM

They shouldnt have the slaughter rule in high school. It would not have been that bad if she knew what she was doing. the whole game she was asking her assistants what to do. It looked to me that her bench warmers played better. oh well its LB basketball what do you expect.

Posted by: expect action ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:01AM

If she had played her AAU players all season like she should who KNOW the fundamentals it would not have been nearly so bad this season. Oh she sat those 4 girls most of the season in favor of the two favs. who never played. Just like last year. Seniors and juniors quit because they felt mistreated.

It is a crying shame

Posted by: Shut to Phoenix ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:03AM

Give it up Pheonix.

The truth not on your side

Posted by: Truth truth ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:24AM

So if everyone only knew the lies that have been told by the ad. Isnt that considered slander? When someone calls someone a name? Lawsuit perhaps?

Posted by: FinalScore ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:55AM

Final score your answer Wrote:
> They shouldnt have the slaughter rule in high
> school. It would not have been that bad if she
> knew what she was doing. the whole game she was
> asking her assistants what to do

And this is the answer to What was the final score?????? Can you quit your bitching long enough to share the final box score???? Never mind, I looked it up. 70-37 37 is less than what WS had at half time.

Posted by: One question ()
Date: February 17, 2012 09:06AM

Would Lake Braddock have won the game if they had used the players that didn't start and were used off the bench? It's my understanding West Springfield is pretty darn good, so I doubt it would have mattered either way. Some people here are acting like Lake Braddock would be regional champs with another coach...fact is...they wouldn't be. It's Oakton or West Springfield this year (as it is most years) and I guess Madison or Mt Vernon might give them a scare.

Should the Robinson coach get fired? He lost to an average Chantilly team in their district tournament.

Posted by: No your right ()
Date: February 17, 2012 09:21AM

No your right LB would of still lost but i can promise you it would not have been that bad with a diffrent scenario. For the LB parents this is not about wins and losses. Have you not read the entire blog? The coach was pacing saying what do i do what do i do. Well duh you dont play people with little to no experience. My other question is how in the world did that number 20 get defensive player honors? Now thats crazy! Have you seen her play? I do not think anyone is saying fire her. You must be phoenix with a new name. So phoenix let me ask you are you so smart that you know everything? Why dont you just give up who you are since you seem so confident in yourself.

Posted by: question of character ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:18AM

Not wins or losses. It is character

Posted by: oh but lets not go there ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:22AM

I think parents and fans concerned about much more than box score. But of course since there is no defense for rest lets blame parents and kids

Posted by: robbie ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:33AM

Robinsoncoach was at LB, he left for same LB bullshit that is going on now

Posted by: When ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:44AM

When was robinson coach there? There was two other coaches prior to the one now. It was not TJ

Posted by: TJ Dade ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:59AM

robbie Wrote:
> Robinsoncoach was at LB, he left for same LB
> bullshit that is going on now
//////////////////////////////////////////////
No BS going on with TJ. He is a phenominal coach and Robinson parents know he knows his stuff. It is about more than wins and losses. He genuinely cares about ALL his girls. Though he did have a great season beating everyone but Oakton (Fred Priester's team) and some high profile out of conference team. He does not shy away from choosing great competition for out of conference scrimmages,games and tournaments. That 2 pt loss 27-29 defensive battle against Centreville was indeed a shocker. Kudos to that Centreville coach and their girls.

Posted by: IfOnly ()
Date: February 17, 2012 11:12AM

One question Wrote:
> Would Lake Braddock have won the game if they had
> used the players that didn't start and were used
> off the bench? It's my understanding West
> Springfield is pretty darn good, so I doubt it
> would have mattered either way. Some people here
> are acting like Lake Braddock would be regional
> champs with another coach...fact is...they
> wouldn't be. It's Oakton or West Springfield this
> year (as it is most years) and I guess Madison or
> Mt Vernon might give them a scare.
>
> Should the Robinson coach get fired? He lost to
> an average Chantilly team in their district
> tournament.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The two times Robinson played Chantilly they beat them down. The two times Robinson played Centreville prior to the Concorde district championship they beat them pretty handily but the coach and girls adjusted and they won a well coached game and it was against Centreville not Chantilly, No one questions TJ Dade's character and coaching experience. No one would ever catch him drinking at a team event and driving home afterwards either.
Would LB have won if they used the current set of players in any combination ? Hell no but MAYBE if they had hired an experienced coach and developed the talent 2 years ago of those seniors and junior that quit, the 2 PVI girls that left and brought in Diamond Crenshaw with the best of what LB currently has. Pay attention.

Posted by: So true ()
Date: February 17, 2012 11:20AM

So true to the last blogger. Maybe just maybe if that coach didnt play two fresh it could have been better. Its obvious she is not ready for this level. From what i was told she kept saying what do i do what do i do. Does that sound like a coach that has experience? NO NO NO

Posted by: goaeayrobbie ()
Date: February 17, 2012 11:27AM

Robbie, ir whoever you really are, blg elsewhere

Date: February 17, 2012 01:18PM

Look, I have no dog in this fight so I'll say this. If the parents brought a great product for the coach to work with, and she failed, she needs to go. If the parents brought a mediocre product, then the parents need to have some accountability. Unless you have been to her practices, then you don't know what she is coaching them on. Point is, there is accountability all around. Stop bitching anonymously, go to her first, be an adult. If you don't get the resolution you seek, then request a meeting with her and the AD.

Posted by: Way ahead ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:36PM

Alreadtpy been done

Posted by: Its been done by many ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:53PM

Its been done by many you would be shocked at what was told. So thanks for your care and concern but really until you are in the same position back off.

Posted by: Stay tuned again ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:14PM

Change is needed and it will come.
Sometimes the laws of the universe intervene

Posted by: Product lineSummation ()
Date: February 17, 2012 03:51PM

Phoenix Wrote:
> Look, I have no dog in this fight so I'll say
> this. If the parents brought a great product for
> the coach to work with, and she failed, she needs
> to go.

Allow me to sum up the blog in relation to this observation.
1. This coach denied numerous requests to meet with the parent of the previous starting center the summer she was hired. She offered ONE meeting time when she knew that player was at an NCAA event and that parent offered to meet her breakfast, lunch or numerous evening offers. I would look to leave as well if a young inexperienced coach shows that much level of interest in her new team that she can barely find 10 minutes in her life. How will she possibly find time to network with college coaches or nurture the upcoming athletes in the area in youth leagues to stop them from choosing soccer vs basketball. Not impressed to essentially tell that parent kiss my behind because AD told the coach that parent had gone into principals office with all the resumes of the qualified applicants and wanted an explanation. She had no coaching pedigree to warrant being offended by this! SO, coaches fault and not impressed..maturity level just not there.
2. Along those same lines, losing the second player, Kendall to PVI as well. For goodness sakes her sister plays on the team so how hard could it have been to reach out to the parents and player (years of ballin experience and with the Vogues) and make that EFFORT to show you care and you WANT her !! Not a phone call not one attempt Not impressed. Ego should play no part in the head of a programs thought process.
3. Jenni Castillo, Kara Weidinger, Hanna Aboulhosen, Gaby Erestain, all quit when they were shut up in the coach's office after trying to bring her some concerns and talk. basically told them this was her program and it was her way or the highway so they were forced to choose the highway. Not impressed
4. Players on the bench were explosive on JV at Lake Braddock and at the AAU level and had promise till this coach brought others up over them who themselves admitted they were shocked and felt unprepared. No question THEY knew since they never played outside of church if at all. Not impressed.
5. This impressive list posted of the extremely experienced candidates just boggles my mind. That alone speaks to the insanity of this who thing , to bring in someone to run the varsity program at a school this size with over 4000 students. One of these candidates would have brought his 6'2 highly recruited daughter as well.

So I would have to say the parents brought it, the community had it, the actions of the AD and the coach disbanded the possibilities and chased away the talent.
Could-a been a whole different outcome. Should-a hired someone seasoned, proven and capable to run a varsity program at a school this size. Hiring someone because they are a girl is just insane and insulting. Would-a likely been a different outcome.(surely more than 37 points and this blog would not have existed) But when an AD has free will and free reign with rubber stamp principal and non responsive school board. Well, such is life. It teaches the girls just one thing. Life is not fair sometimes. Not Leigh's fault AD gave her his team and then told her to apply and then he hired her. Her character is what is at issue in this blog as well as her coaching experience. This is indesputable. Ergo, the system failed and IT needs to go

Posted by: moveon.org ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:00PM

The horse is dead. Long live the horse.

Posted by: Long live ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:13PM

Long live move on.org. You just can't go away can you? Oh well your to say the least entertaining.

Posted by: stand tall ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:27PM

Well I am a parent and I am proud of my child.
Yea she was benched in favor of church leaguers and kids with no fundamentals after working all her life. She and four to five others who gave years to the program last year and this and were tossed away like garbage.

If nothing is done so be it.

At least she behaved with class, professionalism, and spirit to the very end.
A lesson her coach and the AD can take away from this circus. I earned a new respect for what an amazing young woman she is. She has learned that the system fails kids. And who you can count on. Hard lessons but good ones.

Unless you have lived this you cannot understand. Stand tall LB girls. You earned our love and respect.

Date: February 17, 2012 04:27PM

Nope and apparently neither can this incredibly redundant thread. By the way, it's you're (as in you are) and not your (as in belonging to you).

Posted by: Grammar Godess ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:31PM

By the way grammar queen, we all know who you are. The apple does not fall far from the tree

Posted by: thanksyou ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:33PM

Hey thanks for comment about benched kids being explosive on JV. Nice to think back on that time

Date: February 17, 2012 04:40PM

Goddess, the last time I checked, I was a king not a queen,so try again. And if you really want a clue, as a former English teacher, the you're vs your error is one of my pet peeves. How do you like THOSE apples??

Posted by: Your funny ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:41PM

I really could care less about grammar on here. And you know who i am well then why don't you tell me. Hobgtuunn,oiuhb cdryhfft how about that for grammar?????????????????????????????? We all know who you are too maybe you wouldn't give yourself away if would stop correcting people's grammar. Your apple doesn't fall far your tree either. Guess computers that type for you can be wrong.

Posted by: was not me ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:43PM

Sorry King. But I am not the one you are correcting.
And who cares Professor Smart Mouth

Posted by: Apples ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:46PM

Former English teachers would realize that new technology changes typing for you! Uses you have taught my child then? So do tell us all who I am.

Posted by: Apples again ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:47PM

See last blog yeah my point exactly! Oh and a teacher making fun of children your a winner you must have worked at LB.

Posted by: You're ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:50PM

Your'e your your your your your you irritated yet

Date: February 17, 2012 04:50PM

Your funny,if that was directed at me, I never said that I knew who you were. In fact, I really don't spend time trying to figure out the identity of posters on this board.

Good luck to the girls in Regionals. Maybe once the season is done the horse can be put out to pasture and the parents can work on cleaning up the manure that they feel was left on the court. Then again, given the tenor of this thread, maybe they'll just urinate on it so that it raises a bigger stink.

Posted by: blame game ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:56PM

Yes it is all the parents fault
The probable drinking that was mentioned that occurred by coaches
The bad words and flying water bittkes from the bench
The inequity

Coaches not responsible at all ......

Guess it was tooth fairy

That is my new theory

It us tooth fairy's fault

Posted by: typos ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:58PM

sorry for typos
I meant bottles
Yeah that is a great word fir this blog

Date: February 17, 2012 04:59PM

I'd say Product lineSummation makes a pretty strong case that there has been an epic failure on multiple levels by the AD, the school's administration. Academic institutions often are like little bubbles that many -- though not all -- who operate inside them become so insular in their thinking and perspectives that they completely lose any sense of reality. They protect each other and unless there is a crime committed or law broken, there is rarely any accountability. Bad teachers and bad coaches just seem to get shuffled around from school to school where their problems just seem to resurect themselves time and time again.

For the sake of these young women on the LB basketball team, it is clear a major change is needed. They among all else have been failed by this coach and the AD who not only hired her, but has permitted her lack of character and judgment to continue way too long. She is over her skiis at this level and needs to go to a smaller school or a JV team to learn how to coach and teach without acting so borishly like Bobby Knight. That is not to say you can't yell at a player once in a while -- all coaches do. It is what you say and how you say it that can either motivate or denigrate a player. The latter is easy to do...the former takes thought and patience and LB's coach is lacking in both.

Posted by: Amen ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:01PM

Amen Amen Amen

Posted by: But I know ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:04PM

But I know who you are you finally gave yourself away. Oh and by the way your kid needs to quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grammar goddess I know who you are too. You may want to have your kid move on too terrible. I got a better idea why doesn't everyone piss on you. The girls have one last game ou do realize they are done after that? Aren't you a little late? Oh guess you have never had a kid at the varsity level that's right.

Posted by: Who am I ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:11PM

I really would like you to tell me who I am? Please oh please do. You may be very surprised.

Posted by: lets hear it ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:15PM

I will bite. Who are you?

Posted by: Congrats ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:20PM

Just passed 10000 views

Nope there is nothng at all wrong here

Posted by: Resolved ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:26PM

This really needs to be made into a true movie Thursday lifetime movie. It would be good stuff. Inaction by school, cluster office, etc. And no actors/actressses needed. Everyone can play themselves. I smell an Emmy

Posted by: You forgot a key role in the movie ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:35PM

One key role is missing from your Lifetime movie: the desperate housewife who has nothing better to do than post under multiple aliases on this site, repeating "truths" over and over and over and over again.

Check her work out throughout this thread, she's easy to find, she always refers to this site as "the blog" and posters as "bloggers". It's a forum idiot.

I think she also loves to say "your wrong" as if you own the wrong!

I can't believe Burke has replaced Westfield and Centreville as the laughing stock of FairfaxUnderground!

Posted by: Let's hear it two ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:06PM

Guess you are a chicken! Guess what I bite too so keep up your crap. So guess you don't know who I am you want to tell people you know who they are but just don't want to get kahunas to say who YOU are. Grow up already

Posted by: You blog moron ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:09PM

This is a forum and you blog moron. Actually these last few posts are the first time I have been on here and I'm not a female. Forum idiot that is blogging you old piece of crap. What are people doing foruming on hear you blogging idiot.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:13PM

You forgot a key role in the movie Wrote:
> One key role is missing from your Lifetime movie:
> the desperate housewife who has nothing better to
> do than post under multiple aliases on this site,
> repeating "truths" over and over and over and over
> again.

She’s obsessed. Honestly, you are looking at someone who has mental health issues. It’s incredibly sad. It’s also remarkably similar to the Lamb Center Thread. One person, changing names, saying the same thing, agreeing with themselves, talking to themselves, obsessing and thinking about what to write all the time…

Sad.

> Check her work out throughout this thread, she's
> easy to find, she always refers to this site as
> "the blog" and posters as "bloggers". It's a
> forum idiot.

Easy to spot. Here is just a sample.

BurkePatch Wrote:
> This blog making some good points and
> revelations.

Amen Wrote:
> If you read
> this blog it seems to me that a lot of parents now
> and the years before are angry.

Checks and Balances Wrote:
> LOl wish I had a blog to vent
> on during those years but HEY you guys really
> should follow up and call for an investigation!!

Be a good citizen Wrote:
> So someone on here or associated with
> program had "stones". Go troll a blog that
> doesn't bother you so much.

Woodson parent Wrote:
> If my kid was on that team I would blog too.
> Tall kid is good

Teeter Wrote:
> Really Seriously
>
> Go post on the Harris Teeter blog.

Old Wrote:
> This blog is really getting tired!

Last page of posts Wrote:
> I am not a previous poster on this blog but I have
> been made aware of it as a former player myself
> and have been reading it.

Tiring..GoToSleep Wrote:
> This blog seems to empower the
> powerless.

No, it just makes you look mentally ill.

Posted by: Dang "your" stoopid ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:14PM

I think Kahunas are Hawaiian priests! That would be painful if you grew a pair of those! Do you mean "cojones" or balls?

I'm guessing "your" the tool that posted a bunch of ex-players full names on this forum and the one who made fun of a kid while identifying her number. Do you have any common sense? You need to grow up and turn off the computer, internet tough housewife!

Date: February 17, 2012 06:15PM

> ...she also loves to say "your wrong" as if
> you own the wrong!
>
> I can't believe Burke has replaced Westfield and
> Centreville as the laughing stock of
> FairfaxUnderground!

Here is one of my favorites…

GrammarCheck Wrote:
> Funniest thing in this 2 page thread : "Oh and to
> the poster above it's *accept not except, I
> usually don't correct grammar but you make Lake
> Braddock look real bad after acknowledging your an
> alum."... I usually don't correct grammar either
> but it's "you're" not 'your' (conjugation of
> 'you are' !!..but good point on the 'accept'
> instead of 'except').

This person is correcting grammar? Conjugation! Lol!

Posted by: Yes, there is a Santa Claus ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:29PM

This is NOT one upset parent
I am on the inside and I know

Posted by: Laugh ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:33PM

Nope none of those were me. I have never used names or players numbers. So with that being said go read about forums vs blogs you tool as you call it. No I'm not a female as you seem to believe. So here is a good one why don't you go google some more ways to correct people. Grow up and get a life in the know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: LBparents ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:38PM

You can be a victim
Or you can take a stand

Posted by: Kahuna ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:39PM

A Hawaiian shaman look it up and a big wig dumbass. Your not very smart now are you? Have you looked up narcissistic? Maybe you should head to the mount Vernon mental health system bet you could get help FREE.

Posted by: Dummies ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:08PM

Why did all of you say it was Centreville that beat Robinson.

It was clearly Chantilly.

Or the Washington Post is wrong...

Girls’ final, 6 p.m.

No. 4 Oakton Cougars (23-0, 10-0): Roster, statistics

Chantilly Chargers (14-10, 4-6): Roster, statistics

And to the person who said I must be using a different name. Wrong. I've coached AAU, I've coached in FFX County. I have no loyalties in this at all. I remember the LB coach from when she played, but haven't seen her coach.

My point was...without talent...she isn't going to win. And if she wasn't going to beat WS with the bench players...then is the complaint about the wins/losses or about something deeper (and yes, I've read the entire thread. I wont get into the alcohol thing because I didn't witness it).

And if it's SOOOOO horrible. Have your kids leave the team. If they aren't going to play in college, who cares if they are playing house league or high school if they are miserable?

But I wouldn't know....even with a state title....

Posted by: not about wins or loses ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:30PM

Not about wins or losses
At least not for some people.
It is about character and what is right.
Sure unhappy kids can leave but is that the lesson you want them to learn.?
Accept what you think is wrong and move on.

You did not win a state title teaching kids to run away.

I would like to know what you do think about coaches and drinking though since you brought it up.

Posted by: not about wins or loses ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:33PM

You are right though. WS could not be beaten.

Posted by: goodnight bloggers ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:44PM

Goodnight. bloggers, posters, bball fans
Hoops rule

Posted by: MoreMoreComplete ()
Date: February 18, 2012 12:20AM

I think that person needs to get a life to assume this entire blog or forum or thread or who the hell cares what it is called, is written by one person simply from saying different postings call it a blog !! And look at all the time that imbecile took to quote all those different postings !! LOL how sad. My church has a LOT of volunteer opportunities where ones time could be better spent. Maybe you are giving your wife a break from your incessant ( that means without pause from annoyance by the way) nit-picking / Seriously get a life.. Here is a fabulous idea.. http://www.volunteerfairfax.org/

or
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fairfax-county-volunteer-opportunities/2011/11/02/gIQAFcoQ8M_story.html

Posted by: dummies ()
Date: February 18, 2012 09:17AM

not about wins or loses Wrote:
> Not about wins or losses
> At least not for some people.
> It is about character and what is right.
> Sure unhappy kids can leave but is that the lesson
> you want them to learn.?
> Accept what you think is wrong and move on.
>
> You did not win a state title teaching kids to run
> away.
>
> I would like to know what you do think about
> coaches and drinking though since you brought it
> up.

I was not at the function where the drinking is said to take place. I can not comment on it since I didn't witness it and am unable to judge whether or not it was out of bounds. I coached AAU for many years and had parents drink beers/wine over dinner when we would be out of town for tournaments. I never did, mainly because I'm not a big drinker, but I don't think it would have been inappropriate to do so since the parents were as well. This case may have been different, but I will refrain from judging, again, since I wasn't there.

No, I didn't win a state title by teaching kids to run away. But I also didn't win a state title by catering to the complaints of parents either. We had our "bench players" who were juniors and even seniors one year, playing behind Fr/soph. It happens. If I had heard one complaint about playing time, those kids probably wouldn't have made it through to the end of the season. As someone else pointed out, if you think your kid got shafted, show up to a few days of practice and see what the real story is. It's real easy for a back up to look good against other teams back up players and think they should be starting. Good to practice, watch how those are run. Then formulate a complain if you still think there is on. No good coach is going to play their "favorites" over a more talented kid. That's career suicide.

My only objection is to the pettiness of calling the coach "pretty coach". What do her looks have to do with anything? That's when I tune out the argument. When people start dwelling on things that have ZERO to do with her ability, they've lost me. From what I recall, she was a talented player and was a smart player as well. That doesn't mean it will translate into wins as a coach, but I would be surprised if she was saying "what do I do" in the manner of her being clueless. I've comment to my assistants before on sidelines saying "Not much I can about this" when a team is more talented or "What more can I do" when you've taught them everything but they STILL don't get it done. Coaches get frustrated like everyone else when their best laid plans don't work. I'm not saying she didn't say to her assistants "what do I do" or ask them for advice, I just wonder the context of it.

Having been on the sideline more than once against Billy Gibson over at WS with a couple of different teams, I'm sure I've said "what do I do" when playing him. Sometime the answer is simply, "nothing". He's a great coach and usually has great talent. Hats off to him.

Date: February 18, 2012 10:33AM

MoreMoreComplete Wrote:
> I think that person needs to get a life to assume
> this entire blog or forum or thread or who the
> hell cares what it is called, is written by one
> person simply from saying different postings call
> it a blog !! And look at all the time that
> imbecile took to quote all those different
> postings !! LOL how sad. My church has a LOT of
> volunteer opportunities where ones time could be
> better spent. Maybe you are giving your wife a
> break from your incessant ( that means without
> pause from annoyance by the way) nit-picking /
> Seriously get a life.. Here is a fabulous idea..
> http://www.volunteerfairfax.org/
>
> or
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fairfax-county
> -volunteer-opportunities/2011/11/02/gIQAFcoQ8M_sto
> ry.html

It only took a minute and is my first post on this thread. You on the other hand, like to post over, and over, under different names each time. Why don't you reigister? You're not fooling anyone. It was ignorant of you to think you could.

Posted by: Candidates ()
Date: February 18, 2012 10:46AM

Dearest 'More Complete' who has NO life

Excellent suggestion MoreMoreComplete. The community could use more volunteers. Maybe they could even teach English as a second language to someone.

I returned from a Friday night out late last night and read this to see if there were any responses about the talented coaching pool possibilities that were turned down in lieu of current Coach. Of course there were not, just more nit picking by the same immature poster. I don't see a real issue wth calling her Coach Pretty 'dummies' because a thinking man can only assume that since she was hired, as stated by the principal and the AD, because she was a 'girl' , that they were not thinking with the head on their shoulders! She had zero qualifications to take over a varsity program in Fairfax county. She played ball once in Fairfax county ( does not transfer to being a coach), played D-3 ball ( does not a coach make either) where she was somewhat underwhelming and coached a 12 YO regional local team ( no experience for taking over the lead position at a huge school in FFX cty) the AD gave her. And sat on the bench as an assistant at Madison where the parents of a couple of the girls could not even be sure who she was when asked. To those girls parents she was just Katie's friend. On a qualifications scale that registers a two IMHO. I think I can understand the frustrated parents referencing her that way when you see the qualified candidates. It is the travesty of the unchecked power that causes the frustration. Also not sure how a winning coach can defend placing players on varsity who could not even run a three on three drill initially and still cant dribble. But that is not the issue that irks me. I have no child affected but feel their pain. Hiring system practices that allow this is the root issue.

Anyway 'more complete' Did you spend your Friday night on Fairfax Underground again? I have absolutely NO clue what this thing is called. A "Forum" or a "blog" but I have seen these things called a 'Blog' so I called it a Blog when I posted my candidates breakdown. Are you saying I am this same person posting all over as well?? I relisted and expounded on the candidates as posted earlier in this thread because someone requested it. As previously stated , a parent that hiring year rounded up the resumes from many of the candidates. I called it a Blog, do you know why? Because I do not live on this thing like you appear to. I would not know what to call this beast that seems to have a life of its own, nor do I really care.

This human being read through this entire monstrosity again just to find where someone posted the word 'BLOG'. Really? How truly pathetic I am prone to think many of us who have made the occasional contribution or observation here do not make a habit of visiting these 'forums' and have lives so we just don’t know what they are called ! And you state "this persons posts are remarkably similar to "The Lamb Center Thread"." WTF, I had to google it. Do you make a life out of reading and posting on different Fairfax Underground blogs, threads, forums?

In addition to volunteer opportunities as suggested above, there are meet-up activity groups galore in the DMV area. Find something to do to enrich the world or at least your own sorry life.

Watching "it's academic" with some of our local high school teams, enriching my life before going out to enjoy a great day

Blogging out of this Blog
Blogster
I like that, from here on out if I post again, Candidates will be Blogster

Posted by: not worth it ()
Date: February 18, 2012 11:00AM

Dummies, You are right about name calling. I have not done that and I won't. I do not agree on coaches drinking though since it is hs and kids get suspended. FCPS needs to clarify rules.

You surely were not serious that you would throw a kid off if they asked how to earn playing time or if their parent did? Please tell me I misunderstood.

Finally this is more than a person or two. You of course don't know entire story.

As is always case, things will go on as usual. Kids will learn that the system fails them. AAU coaches who do know the story have stated it is wrong. She, like all of us, has made lots of mistakes this year and hurt lots of kids. I hope that she learns from them and continues to develop herself.

Posted by: IfOnly ()
Date: February 18, 2012 11:02AM

SORRY DUMMIES !!! You are likely right so I humbly apologize.

Innocent mistake and I apologize. I was on the Robinson website where it is posted as follows :

02/15/2012 7:15 PM (A) Concord District Tournament Centreville Lost 27 - 29

I thought the TEAM was Centreville but apparently it was the venue. My bad.

Posted by: Blogster ()
Date: February 18, 2012 11:07AM

Was just closing down my computer when I saw that last post WHOAAAaaaaaaa how impressive. Someone with class and the ability to admit when wrong.

Thank you IfOnly for bringing that!

Posted by: Protect ()
Date: February 18, 2012 01:22PM

The system in our county protects coaches and teachers and not kids.
Let's never forget none of this is about what is best for them.

I have better things to do

Posted by: B8 ()
Date: February 18, 2012 02:20PM

Can we delete this whole fuckin thread? What a complete waste of time.

Posted by: no delete ()
Date: February 18, 2012 04:00PM

This thread stays.
A reminder.
Maybe someone here learned something

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: February 18, 2012 04:11PM

You blog moron Wrote:
> This is a forum and you blog moron. Actually these
> last few posts are the first time I have been on
> here and I'm not a female. Forum idiot that is
> blogging you old piece of crap. What are people
> doing foruming on hear you blogging idiot.

You are right that this is a forum. But nobody blogs here. They post here. You could also call this a message board but it is not a blog and we are not bloggers. We are "posters" or "users" or "members". Blogging is something else completely.

HAHA

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: February 18, 2012 04:14PM

By the way I've been lurking in this thread since it first was posted and it has turned into quite the shit show!! Keep it up guys. You're providing FFXU with quite a show.

Posted by: Almost Westfield! ()
Date: February 18, 2012 04:18PM

LBSS only needs a drug bust to finally beat out Westfield as "scum of FFXU"! Come on potheads, Oxy-fans, and heroin lovers, help Burke make the bigtime!

Posted by: season ()
Date: February 18, 2012 05:18PM

Season wiil end Monday without snow and a miracle. Not a minute too soon for the girls. Just ask them.
Long live soccer

Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: February 18, 2012 06:38PM

Who really cares if people call it a blog, forum, post etc.... Honestly people there are major trolls on here and you keep feeding them. If you ignore them they will get bored and go away.

Posted by: Troll ignore ()
Date: February 18, 2012 06:41PM

Thenorthman is a troll ignore, ignore, ignore

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 18, 2012 06:45PM

One question Wrote:
> Would Lake Braddock have won the game if they had
> used the players that didn't start and were used
> off the bench? It's my understanding West
> Springfield is pretty darn good, so I doubt it
> would have mattered either way. Some people here
> are acting like Lake Braddock would be regional
> champs with another coach...fact is...they
> wouldn't be. It's Oakton or West Springfield this
> year (as it is most years) and I guess Madison

Its Madison Time!

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: dont get video ()
Date: February 18, 2012 07:11PM

Dont get video
Does it mean somethi g? Is it a party

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.