HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 19
Re: Collusion by School Board Member Liz Bradsher for Political Gain
Posted by: quick question ()
Date: November 29, 2010 03:15PM

One question: Was Rainey suggesting he'd back Tina Hone (holding off on closing Clifton)? And he later voted in favor of Liz Bradsher's plan to close Clifton next year?

It would be great if there was a streamlined time line of what happened when, punctuated with the appropriate email(s). I am really disgusted with the scheming that has gone on here. It's difficult to imagine these people caring about ANYONE'S child.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Big Brother Gibson ()
Date: November 29, 2010 04:44PM

fcps translation - run along now and let us do what's best for 'our' children.

welcome to mother country fcps.
Attachments:
Gibson Hunter Mill district won\'t meet with Clifton and more.png

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: November 29, 2010 05:28PM

I'm done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At what point did Brad Center make up his mind? Sounds like he told Bradsher before the meeting that he would vote in favor of the closure.
>
> Was Rainey just playing Tina? It looks that way.
>
> I am done with all of them.
>
> We desperately need ethical people to run for our School Board. Please, someone, step up and help us.<

So who have you recruited to run for your magisterial district's school board seat?

Who have you recruited to run for the at large school board seats?

Democracy is a participatory exercise not a spectator sport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 05:29PM by Thomas More.

Posted by: misread me ()
Date: November 29, 2010 06:03PM

Thomas More Wrote:
> I'm done Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > At what point did Brad Center make up his mind?
> Sounds like he told Bradsher before the meeting
> that he would vote in favor of the closure.
> >
> > Was Rainey just playing Tina? It looks that
> way.
> >
> > I am done with all of them.
> >
> > We desperately need ethical people to run for
> our School Board. Please, someone, step up and
> help us.<
>
> So who have you recruited to run for your
> magisterial district's school board seat?
>
> Who have you recruited to run for the at large
> school board seats?
>
> Democracy is a participatory exercise not a
> spectator sport.

Hey TM-

Given your Reston buddies have allowed that idiot Gibson to keep his seat, I would not be casting stones if I were you.

I am extremely engaged in the process and know of at least three who will unseat Bradsher, Wilson (retiring) and Strauss.

Tina is leaving (can you blame her?), Rainey will leave for health reasons and Moon foolishly thinks he has a shot at the Braddock BOS seat.

That leaves Sully, Mt Vernon and Lee (Center won't run but I don't trust his hand-picked successor).

How about you clean up the Dems in Reston and then mouth off?

Posted by: fox mill mom ()
Date: November 29, 2010 07:07PM

Everyone seems so surprised by the school board actions with the current boundary study and the closing of Clifton. Do you not remember the West County Boundary "study" and decision???? This is the pattern of the school board...give out several options to get the community stirred up and while you're not looking, decide on option "where did you come from - z". As well as, making deals with specific groups to get the result you want.
We need to work together as a county to select quality people to run against these bums. Get them off the board.

Posted by: IckyLeaks ()
Date: November 29, 2010 07:25PM

quick question Wrote:
> It would be great if there was a streamlined time
> line of what happened when, punctuated with the
> appropriate email(s). I am really disgusted with
> the scheming that has gone on here. It's
> difficult to imagine these people caring about
> ANYONE'S child.

Gibson: Give up the why [scratch] - the 'Y'.
They aren't Your children, they are "Our" children.
Attachments:
Timeline.png

Posted by: Merci ()
Date: November 29, 2010 08:32PM

Thank you, IckyLeaks! Very useful. I did not realize this all started back in June 2009.

Still can't help but feel this has very little to do with the actual Clifton community, but rather with Liz Bradsher's misplaced/misguided political ambition...?

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: November 29, 2010 11:54PM

misread me Wrote:
> Given your Reston buddies have allowed that idiot Gibson to keep his seat, I would not be casting stones if I were you.<

Gibson has been convinced not to run for re-election.

> I am extremely engaged in the process and know of at least three who will unseat Bradsher, Wilson (retiring) and Strauss.<

Strauss announced she's running for re-election, dammit. Who you got in Dranesville and Springfield?

> Tina is leaving (can you blame her?),

Folks are trying to change her mind.

>Rainey will leave for health reasons<

Jim could not get the D endorsement again.

> and Moon foolishly thinks he has a shot at the Braddock BOS seat.<

Moon is running for re-election.

> That leaves Sully, Mt Vernon and Lee (Center won't run but I don't trust his hand-picked successor).<

Dan and Kathy are running for re-election.

Who's Center's "hand picked" successor?

> How about you clean up the Dems in Reston and then mouth off?<

Having gotten Gibson not to seek re-election, I guess I'm free to "mouth off."

Posted by: Dr. James Fields ()
Date: November 30, 2010 01:53AM

I find the whole ordeal to be utterly preposterous. You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves for opposing capitalism. So what if this woman is shutting down public schools for political gain? That is what this country is about. Love it, or leave it. Anyone not committed to the school people's decision regarding the stuff, is a damm fool!
I just had a stroke.
of wisdom
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;on my cock!

Posted by: Decoder ()
Date: November 30, 2010 03:17PM

Merci Wrote:
> Thank you, IckyLeaks! Very useful. I did not
> realize this all started back in June 2009.
>
> Still can't help but feel this has very little to
> do with the actual Clifton community, but rather
> with Liz Bradsher's misplaced/misguided political
> ambition...?

Misplaced/Misguided? How about DELUSIONAL?
Attachments:
delusions.png

Posted by: Look out Fairview, Sangster, Union Mill - Option D ()
Date: December 01, 2010 10:01PM

http://www.fcps.edu/fts/planning/southwesternstudy/optiondfactsheet.pdf

What am I missing here? Just looking at current enrollment - this math does not work! Trailers? Coming soon to Fairview, Sangster, Union Mill?

Speak out now against this unrealistic option.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/optionDfeedback
Attachments:
fall 2010 capacity.jpg

Posted by: no news is good news ()
Date: December 02, 2010 09:46AM

Where is all the information now regarding the judge decision? It's not like the rest of those in the county didn't tell you so! Clifton is just a small pimple on the rest of the face that is Fairfax County.

Posted by: herewegoagain ()
Date: December 02, 2010 10:17AM

no news is good news Wrote:
> Where is all the information now regarding the
> judge decision? It's not like the rest of those in
> the county didn't tell you so! Clifton is just a
> small pimple on the rest of the face that is
> Fairfax County.

Press Release from Friends of Community Schools

FCPS blocks case in Circuit Court; Parents contemplate VA Supreme Court Appeal
Judge grants parents right to sue, states closing Clifton “very likely wrongâ€

Fairfax County, VA – December 1, 2010 – In Fairfax County Circuit Court today, the Honorable Judge Dennis J. Smith heard closing comments from the attorneys in the lawsuit against the Fairfax County School Board in their closure of Clifton Elementary. Oral arguments were made by the parties on November 22nd after which additional information in supplemental briefs was presented to the Judge.
Noting that the Clifton plaintiffs were aggrieved, Judge Smith decried the School Board’s argument that Clifton parents aren’t negatively affected by the decision. Judge Smith granted their right to sue by stating that the plaintiffs do have standing after reviewing for a second time the video of the June 28th Public Hearing and the July 8th vote. “Closing Clifton is very likely wrong for the Clifton community,†said Judge Smith; “there are many good reasons not to close Clifton.â€
However, Judge Smith said that policy decisions like the one to close the school are “political in natureâ€. Such decisions, he said, need only one reason from the School Board to be deemed not arbitrary and capricious. Therefore, since review of even one reason would amount to acting as a ‘super-School Board’, he upheld the motion by FCPS attorneys to prevent the case from moving forward in Circuit Court. The question of notice by the School Board for its vote was similarly decided.
In rendering his decision from the bench, Judge Smith Honorable ruled on the motion – ‘demurrer’ - filed by FCPS attorneys to prevent the case from moving forward in Circuit Court. The motion claimed that the parents did not have standing to sue and were not aggrieved. The demurrer motion further stated that the decision by the School Board was not ‘arbitrary and capricious’ and that the notice for the vote was not deficient.
Today’s ruling effectively undoes a previous Circuit Court ruling on another controversial school closure – Graham Road Elementary – by the FCPS School Board. The Graham Road action also led to a lawsuit against the School Board, but did not go forward when that judge ruled parents did not have standing.
“Though we hoped for a fully favorable decision on the motion by the School Board to prevent the case from moving forward, Judge Smith is commended for his in-depth review of the oral testimonies by the Publicâ€, said Elizabeth Schultz, an Executive Board member of the Friends of Community Schools, a non-profit organization actively engaged with helping preserve the community school.
“The School Board changed its plan for Clifton Elementary within hours of the end of the Public Hearing - the Judge reviewed the public testimonies longer than the School Board,†said Schultz.
FCPS blocks case in Circuit Court; Parents contemplate VA Supreme Court Appeal
Judge grants parents right to sue, states closing Clifton “very likely wrongâ€
An appeal will likely bring additional information to light, including Freedom of Information Act communications by the School Board submitted by Fairfax County residents. “The FOIA responsesâ€, said Benjamin Chew, Patton Boggs’ lead counsel for the plaintiffs, “amount to just some of the additional information which support the arbitrary and capricious argument as part of the administrative record not considered in today’s decision.â€
The seriousness of the implications for the 17,500+ students in the current Southwestern County boundary study are under contemplation in considering appeal to the Virginia Supreme Court.
###

Posted by: Great lets delay the overcrowding solution even longer ()
Date: December 02, 2010 02:20PM

This is fantastic....let's keep the suit alive that way we can delay the solutions to the overcrowded schools in the southwest even longer! I love it! Thank you muc Patton Boggs and all the concerned Clifton parents.

Posted by: good point ()
Date: December 02, 2010 02:52PM

I agree. Let's not delay the dire problem of overcrowding in this area. But let's begin by closing a school in the area of overcrowding!!

Won't that be great?! Gee, we are lucky to have these smarties running our schools.

Then, after we decide to close this school, we'll try to figure out where to cram these 400 students.

It won't be cheap.

It will cost nearly $20 million to add on to all these schools but at least we will save the $5-7 million that we could have spent on Clifton.

Lets then make sure all the schools are overcrowded and bring in those trailers so Billy and Betty Lou can breath in the bus fumes all day and the mold.

Having 1000 kids in an elementary school should be a goal we strive for. We want our kids in an environment where they are herded like cattle from the gym to the art room to the cafeteria. Better start serving lunch at 9:30 so we get them all fed by the time they go home.

We are blessed to have such strong leadership on our School Board.

Posted by: Logical ()
Date: December 02, 2010 03:33PM

Highly illogical to complain about "overcrowding" in southwestern Fairfax County schools and vindictively conspire to close a successful school in the same area.

Posted by: sweet ()
Date: December 02, 2010 03:33PM

Yes, the SB is wise! Clearly, they spoke for everyone, not just the poor Cliftonites who will be forced to send their children to overcrowded schools with capacities near 1000 kids like everyone else in the County. No elitism here! And the judge is so wise as to not over rule a decision made by such a wise elected body. I suspect that teh closing date will be after the end of this year. And that 5-6 million will indeed come in handy in supplies needed to rennovate another more needy school. Get real!

Posted by: Its going to happen ()
Date: December 02, 2010 04:38PM

My kids were redistricted by Stu Gibson and Liz Bradsher in the last mess. At that time Liz spoke to us of this one. She made it clear it was a she scratch his back she scratch hers deal. You all are only wasting your energy. I wish i had listened before i gave up almost 8 months of my life, meeting with SB members, speaking to the press and hiring lawyers. In the end we pupil placed back into our original school. I realize that is not an option here but I guarantee you they will do what they want. Figure out what's in it for Liz and you will have a crystal ball on the outcome. She is completely without morals. I actually came out of the last one liking Stu better because at least he was honest.

Posted by: Liz the Ripper ()
Date: December 02, 2010 05:16PM

herewegoagain Wrote:
> no news is good news Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
Clifton is just a
> > small pimple on the rest of the face that is
> > Fairfax County.

Fascinating that the judge basically told the FCPS attorneys that the School Board got it wrong.

Just because the FCPS attorneys threw a motion into the court process that prevented it from going forward doesnot mean that those Clifton parents can't win. Without that motion, this case would already be full blown.

The FCPS SB and their snake in the grass attorneys are so skilled at avoiding transparency and screwing parents around the county that it is criminal.

Every school is a small pimple in the grand scheme - each are insignificant to the whole - that is the way FCPS wants it - so they can pop any school at any time for any reason. Total control. Kind of like the pigs in Animal Farm
(...until the revolt).

Posted by: LongTimeFairviewParent ()
Date: December 02, 2010 05:18PM

I find it humorous that they are going to add 150+ kids to Fairview next fall with no additions along with not touching Oak View, Bonnie Brae, Terra Centre, or Liz's Silverbrook (which is way under capacity)

The transportation times they posted are a joke. Clifton to Sangster in 16 mins? Clifton to Fairview in 10mins? Ha! Only if you have one bus designated for each kid. After having mine sit on the bus for an hour in kindergarten for a school that was 3 miles away, that is not going to happen in FCPS.

Posted by: to LongTimeFairviewPaarent ()
Date: December 02, 2010 05:50PM

I live in Clifton and it looks like my kids will be going to Sangster. Where did the FCPS post the transportation time for each school? I drove the route and it seems like a 45-50 minutes each way for a school bus. That is too long for small children to be on a bus.

Thanks FCPS! You really know how screw as all over.
PS Not one more dime of my money is going to FCPS. Oh,except for all those taxes I pay.

Date: December 02, 2010 05:56PM

Posted by: Sangster doesn't want ANY kids! ()
Date: December 02, 2010 06:09PM

It seems that Clifton's friend, Bob Larsen, is now petitioning the SB to NOT move ANY kids into Sangster.

Bob, first of all, what is your deal? Why the hard-on for Clifton?

You were one of the most vocal proponents of closing Clifton, and hey, Sangster can even take in kids from Clifton. Now, you're forming a committee to keep Clifton kids out of Sangster?

Dude, you need help. Seriously.

Although, I have to admit, your way eliminates all four options presented by the School Board so far. So please, feel free to advocate your little heart out to keep Clifton kids out of Sangster. Maybe it will solicit even more "options" from the SB.

You know, aside from the outrageous bussing times from Clifton to Sangster, I'm sure many Clifton parents slated for Sangster were happy to know that at least their child would indeed attend an excellent school if there is absolutely no choice about it.

Clifton parents are NOT against our surrounding neighborhoods, regardless of the picture some are trying to paint. Keeping Clifton open means that all of our surrounding communities reap the benefits of keeping all of these schools excellent.

I'm not talking about demographics and ESOL and F&RL. The fact is, all of the options resulting from closing Clifton will cost more $$$$, and create overcrowding in ALL of the schools. Taking the overwhelming majority of schools in this region to 105% capacity now is going to be a disaster 3 years from now. Every single one of these schools will be maxed out at "acceptable sizes" for elementary schools, and there won't be anywhere to build a new one, except at Liberty of course. That's a whole other issue.

Posted by: Clifton Parent ()
Date: December 02, 2010 07:18PM

I'm a Clifton Parent and I am very concerned about Option D. I do not understand how the 370 Clifton kids are going to be put into schools that DO NOT have the capacity to absorb them in 2011. Will kids be placed into trailers while the additions are being constructed? Also, how large will Fairview, Sangster, and Union Mill become after the 370 Clifton kids are put into them? Can one of you FCPS employees or SB members explain that, please?

Posted by: bwahahaack ()
Date: December 02, 2010 07:26PM

Fairfax County Republican Committee:
This just in! Congrats to Lin-Dai Kendall, our Springfield FCRC Member elected as President of the Clifton Women's Club. A special thanks for her leadership, our FCRC Member Lynn Falk did an amazing job as the outgoing President and Keith Fimian could always count on this group!!!! Thank you!

The same Lin-Dai who just wrote The Fairfax County Times a semi-literate letter whining about the Clifton closing. The first sentence took up the entire first paragraph and was about 73 words long!

"KENDALL ","LIN DAI ","S","046"," 11711","YATESFORD ","RD","FAIRFAX STAT","VA","04/29/2005","40-44MPH/25MPH ZONE "
"KENDALL ","LIN DAI ","S","046"," 11711","YATESFORD ","RD","FAIRFAX STAT","VA","09/23/2005","40-44MPH/25MPH ZONE

http://www.facebook.com/lindai.kendall

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11711-Yates-Ford-Rd-Fairfax-Station-VA-22039/51929027_zpid/

Looks like a case of Tea Party-ism, except when it is in Lin-Dai's backyard.
Attachments:
FFXU.JPG

Posted by: to bwahahaack ()
Date: December 02, 2010 07:51PM

She's standing up for a cause she believes in. Who are you and what are you doing?

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: December 02, 2010 07:56PM

LongTimeFairviewParent Wrote:
> I find it humorous that they are going to add 150+
> kids to Fairview next fall with no additions along
> with not touching Oak View, Bonnie Brae, Terra
> Centre, or Liz's Silverbrook (which is way under
> capacity)
>
> The transportation times they posted are a joke.
> Clifton to Sangster in 16 mins? Clifton to
> Fairview in 10mins? Ha! Only if you have one bus
> designated for each kid. After having mine sit
> on the bus for an hour in kindergarten for a
> school that was 3 miles away, that is not going to
> happen in FCPS.

Hey, Liz knows this area extremely well. Just read the Fairfax Station Patch interview series. She has driven all the roads in this area and is well aware of what it is like. You are doubting the genius that is the logic of FCPS Staff and School Board. How dare you!!!

On a serious note, if someone can get from Clifton Elementary to Sangster Elementary in 16 minutes, please let me know what time of day and via what transportation method that uses actual roads.

Posted by: Skeptical ()
Date: December 02, 2010 08:47PM

I would call these "plans" a comedy of errors, but I guess a tragedy of errors is probably closer to the truth.

I'm glad that Liz Bradsher has made such a total hash of things that it's clear that she has absolutely no political future in this county, but even so it's sad to see all the senseless disruption that now appears likely to take place under any of FCPS's purported "options."

They still need to offer Option E - "none of the above."

Date: December 02, 2010 09:21PM

to bwahahaack Wrote:
> She's standing up for a cause she believes in. Who
> are you and what are you doing?

A middle class taxpayer tired of seeing the rich and affluent get their way, thus causing our taxes to increase.

You don't like it, go the private school route. Lord knows you folks have the $$$ to pay for it.

Posted by: to bwahahaack ()
Date: December 02, 2010 09:45PM

Ok, so to your thinking, the taxpayers in McLean, Great Falls, Oakton, etc. should also not have schools in their communities. We should just draw lines around affluent communities, take away their schools, and then also make them pay taxes.

Or do you just have it out for Clifton? BTW... Clifton is FULL OF middle class tax payers, just like you. Did you know that?

Please don't turn this into a partisan debate or a rich vs. poor debate. That is not what this is about. If you have read the posts, you would be fully aware of that.

This is about a School Board that made a bad decision. period.

Posted by: bwahahaack is incorrect ()
Date: December 02, 2010 10:03PM

Actually, Bwahhahaack, the cause of our budget problems is that Fairfax County's demographics have changed.

There is an increasing population of people who consume more than they produce. And of course the schools absorb a large part of the impact. I understand that people like you who trade in the language of class envy may find this objectionable, but the burdens are real and the resources to finance those burdens comes from the most productive. Thus in Fairfax County is not the case that the rich and affluent are raising taxes - it is a burgeoning lower and lower middle class with demands, particularly for social services, that seem to be growing and causing the problems, Of course, the economic problem is that what governments subsidize they tend to get more of, so if you pause a minute you may begin to understand why some residents are not excited about continuing to subsidize dependencies and, when it comes to schools, mediocrity. This might give you some insight as to why the closing of the Clifton school can be considered an assault on success, which makes your statement inviting residents to go the private school route ill considered. We all benefit from strong public schools, and the strong performers should be treasured and replicated.

Moreover, I don't understand your economic rationale (if indeed you have one other than mere class envy). The County when it comes to individuals derives most its revenue from property and personal property taxes. It can be safely assume that Clifton residents pay more in property taxes than many other areas of the County, and likewise when it comes to automobiles. So they do indeed pay more taxes to the County already. And this taxation scheme is not nearly as regressive as, by way of example, the federal social security and employment tax arrangement. Again, mere class envy seems to be your message. But that is a weak reed upon which to base policy.

Posted by: Sangster ()
Date: December 02, 2010 11:07PM

Sangster doesn't want ANY kids! Wrote:
> It seems that Clifton's friend, Bob Larsen, is now
> petitioning the SB to NOT move ANY kids into
> Sangster.
>
> Bob, first of all, what is your deal? Why the
> hard-on for Clifton?
>
> You were one of the most vocal proponents of
> closing Clifton, and hey, Sangster can even take
> in kids from Clifton. Now, you're forming a
> committee to keep Clifton kids out of Sangster?
>
> Dude, you need help. Seriously.
>
> Although, I have to admit, your way eliminates all
> four options presented by the School Board so far.
> So please, feel free to advocate your little
> heart out to keep Clifton kids out of Sangster.
> Maybe it will solicit even more "options" from the
> SB.
>
> You know, aside from the outrageous bussing times
> from Clifton to Sangster, I'm sure many Clifton
> parents slated for Sangster were happy to know
> that at least their child would indeed attend an
> excellent school if there is absolutely no choice
> about it.
>
> Clifton parents are NOT against our surrounding
> neighborhoods, regardless of the picture some are
> trying to paint. Keeping Clifton open means that
> all of our surrounding communities reap the
> benefits of keeping all of these schools
> excellent.
>
> I'm not talking about demographics and ESOL and
> F&RL. The fact is, all of the options resulting
> from closing Clifton will cost more $$$$, and
> create overcrowding in ALL of the schools. Taking
> the overwhelming majority of schools in this
> region to 105% capacity now is going to be a
> disaster 3 years from now. Every single one of
> these schools will be maxed out at "acceptable
> sizes" for elementary schools, and there won't be
> anywhere to build a new one, except at Liberty of
> course. That's a whole other issue.

Correction: Sangster USED TO BE an excellent school. Once it becomes an overcrowded school, let's just see how its numbers look then!

Posted by: Future ()
Date: December 02, 2010 11:29PM

Liz Bradsher is an idiot. Let's roll the picture forward. It's next September 2011. She has closed Clifton and redistricted thousands of children. Then just 2 months after all of those families in the various schools have been unsettled and they are pissed off about it, they are going to go to vote in the November 2011 election. She thinks she can either win re-election for the School Board or as County Supervisor? HA! What dream world is she living in? People don't get upset until they are personally impacted and by then they will be and it will be a very fresh pain.

The reality is that it doesn't matter how much people hate Clifton or what they think the justification was for closing Clifton, once their own lives are disrupted and they hit the voting booths, her political future is DOA. That is what next September/November is going to look like next year. If she had any sense at all she would find a way to leave Clifton open another year and stop or slow down the boundary study until after the election but the fact that she won't do that merely proves what an idiot she is. She is her own worst political enemy.

Posted by: For the record ()
Date: December 03, 2010 05:53AM

Bob Larsen does NOT speak for Sangster at any level. He has tried his best to impose his will on the community and was shut down once and the PTA will do it again if need be.

Closing Clifton is wrong, but we will always welcom the children.

Posted by: Bwahahaack ()
Date: December 03, 2010 08:05AM

bwahahaack is incorrect Wrote:
> Actually, Bwahhahaack, the cause of our budget
> problems is that Fairfax County's demographics
> have changed.

So, what you are saying is that since you pay more in taxes than I, you're entitled to keep a costly and small school open.

Especially since your kids do so well there.

I think that proves my point.

Date: December 03, 2010 09:57AM

Bwahahaack Wrote:
> So, what you are saying is that since you pay more
> in taxes than I, you're entitled to keep a costly
> and small school open.
>
> Especially since your kids do so well there.
>
> I think that proves my point.

Yes, by all means let's spend lots more money than we actually need to, so that every child can attend a 900+ student elementary school and everyone can be equally dissatisfied with FCPS. Great strategy.

Seriously. The Clifton folks have a school that works; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They aren't all rich, and all those kids currently feed into Robinson Secondary, which is huge. And, there are numerous schools that are about Clifton's size spread throughout the county. Several were recently renovated.

Defending the School Board's actions based on the need to teach the rich and uniquely pampered Cliftonites a lesson is something that only Liz Bradsher or an uninformed troll would do.

Posted by: Queen Borg ()
Date: December 03, 2010 11:38AM

If all the Clifton kids feed into "Robinson Secondary which is huge" what's the harm in startign the assimulation early into a school with 900 kids. They will be used to the largeness by the time the get to Robinson and not shell shocked!

Resistance is futile. You will be assimulated.

So sayeth the Queen Borg!

Date: December 03, 2010 12:15PM

It seems to me that the more money you make it Fairfax Cnty, the less school services you receive. 1/2 day kindergarten is a perfect example. There are only a handful of ES left that have 1/2 day kindergarten. Guess where those schools are? The more affluent areas. Clifton is not fighting for special services. They don't want their kids to spend an hour plus one way going to school. Many of the Clifton kindergarten kids will spend more time on a bus next year than actual time in the classroom. Clifton ES covers the largest land area of any FCPS ES. Closing Clifton seems ridiculous given the existing overcrowding issues.

Posted by: Bwahahaack ()
Date: December 03, 2010 12:29PM

Skeptical wrote:
>
> Yes, by all means let's spend lots more money than
> we actually need to, so that every child can
> attend a 900+ student elementary school and
> everyone can be equally dissatisfied with FCPS.
> Great strategy.

It's already proven that shutting down CES is the best fiscal option.

While I don't agree with the board very often, this is one decision they got right.

Sorry, I know the truth hurts.

Posted by: full day kindergarten issue ()
Date: December 03, 2010 12:32PM

Bradsher has always complained that many of her schools don't have all day K. I think 35 schools county-wide are without all day K.

Are these additions and all of this shuffling of students related to implementing all day k in these schools?

I have not seen this argued but I do recall seeing one of the FOIAed emails that talked about it.

Posted by: bwhwaack again is wrong ()
Date: December 03, 2010 02:47PM

Bwahaack:

1. My kids have long graduated from FCPS. They went on to matriculate at the very best schools in the United States - you know that excellence thing. They neither attended Clifton nor have I lived anywhere near Clifton, ever.

2. Moreover, and I fully recognize you may have a limited education, you fail to pick up on the obvious gravamen of my previous post. It has nothing to do with whether I pay more taxes than you. In fact, that point is irrelevant. What is apposite is that the cause, contrary to your ill considered (again, you likely have a mediocre education) and ridiculous statement that the rich are the cause of our tax increases. No, what has increased our tax burdens is an influx of people who demand a lot more from government at all levels than in the past. This puts more pressure on those who do produce to pay for it all. Note that (and I am already getting the notion you are not very intelligent) this statement does not deal with the issue of whether the burdens are worth paying for or servicing as a political question, but it is folly to ascribe budget problems to the so-called rich, unless what you really mean is that we should re-distribute more wealth away from them.

3. Note you also did not respond to my statement regarding class envy. I suspect you lack the wherewithal to do so.

4. As far as the closing of Clifton goes, in my view if the schools want to close a very successful school (and frankly success is a limited commodity these days) they ought to have a very compelling rationale to do so. You may have distilled one; I have yet to see one. And the email notes which reflect that the Board runs itself like a gossipy sorority don't inculcate any confidence in the notion that a truly compelling rationale was ever adopted.

Date: December 03, 2010 02:57PM

Bwahahaack Wrote:
> It's already proven that shutting down CES is the
> best fiscal option.
>
> While I don't agree with the board very often,
> this is one decision they got right.
>
> Sorry, I know the truth hurts.

Sorry, I must have missed the "proof" part.

Would you be so kind as to provide it and highlight the portions that convincingly demonstrate that closing down CES and building additions at an ever-changing number of schools is more cost-efficient than keeping the school open (with or without the modest renovations that the Clifton parents had indicated they would happily accept)?

Posted by: Bqahahaack ()
Date: December 03, 2010 11:09PM

Skeptical Wrote:
>
> >
> > Sorry, I know the truth hurts.
>
> Sorry, I must have missed the "proof" part.

You folks are so blinded by your (understandable) zeal to keep your little school open that you wouldn't recognize truth, facts, and proof if it hit you over the head with a baseball bat.

It's been covered, you just don't want to see it. The term for your affliction is called denial.

The responsible fiscal decision is to close CES.

Posted by: Who's Next? ()
Date: December 04, 2010 02:21AM

Which school is next?
Which neighborhood is next?
Which students aare next?
Which community is next?
Which teachers are next?

LEMON ROAD ES 265
BUCKNELL ES 289
MOUNT EAGLE ES 304
LITTLE RUN ES 333
GARFIELD ES 334
CLIFTON ES 366
FAIRFAX VILLA ES 380
SHERMAN ES 382
VIENNA ES 386
COLUMBIA ES 397
OLDE CREEK ES 415
TERRASET ES 418
SLEEPY HOLLOW ES 449
BUSH HILL ES 451
GRAHAM ROAD ES 456
WAKEFIELD FOREST ES 457
WEST SPRINGFIELD ES 462
CUNNINGHAM PARK ES 465
BEECH TREE ES 466
CLERMONT ES 468
KINGS GLEN ES 468
LYNBROOK ES 473
CUB RUN ES 477
ARMSTRONG ES 490
BREN MAR PARK ES 490
STENWOOD ES 494
Attachments:
FCPS Executions of ES.png

Date: December 04, 2010 10:02AM

> You folks are so blinded by your (understandable)
> zeal to keep your little school open that you
> wouldn't recognize truth, facts, and proof if it
> hit you over the head with a baseball bat.
>
> It's been covered, you just don't want to see it.
> The term for your affliction is called denial.
>
> The responsible fiscal decision is to close CES.

I'll take that as an admission there's no such proof.

Posted by: No Proof, No Spine ()
Date: December 04, 2010 01:05PM

Hey Kids! FCPS SB featured in N.O. Spine's new book!
Attachments:
Stine\'s new book Rotten School Board.png

Date: December 04, 2010 01:44PM

Skeptical Wrote:
>
> I'll take that as an admission there's no such
> proof.

Keep drinking that Flavor Aid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown#Deaths_in_Jonestown

My favorite fallacy is the repeated 'Clifton parents were agreeable to minimal and downscaled renovations"

The fact is, Clifton parents are not in a position to determine what renovations are necessary and which are not.

Of course if CES is made into a Charter School, then they may have the power to do so.

Continue on with the lunacy, I'll be back later.

Posted by: bring it on ()
Date: December 04, 2010 02:43PM

I guess the charter school solution is upon us. In order to get some say in the schools, they have to be made charters now. Charters have their own "boards". This is going to get very interesting.

Posted by: bwahahaack attack ()
Date: December 04, 2010 03:33PM

My favorite fallacy is the repeated 'Clifton parents were agreeable to minimal and downscaled renovations"

The fact is, Clifton parents are not in a position to determine what renovations are necessary and which are not.

Of course if CES is made into a Charter School, then they may have the power to do so.

Continue on with the lunacy, I'll be back later.

You have nothing of substance to offer this post. You're either Liz Bradsher herself, a relative, one of her few friends, or a complete asshole troll. You post at all of hours of the day so you need to get a real job and a fucking life. Loser.

Date: December 04, 2010 09:24PM

bwahahaack Wrote:
> My favorite fallacy is the repeated 'Clifton
> parents were agreeable to minimal and downscaled
> renovations"
>
> The fact is, Clifton parents are not in a position
> to determine what renovations are necessary and
> which are not.
>
> Of course if CES is made into a Charter School,
> then they may have the power to do so.
>
> Continue on with the lunacy, I'll be back later.

I've suggested now several times that you provide a link to whatever documents you think set forth a compelling cost-benefit analysis in favor of closing Clifton. The fact that you repeatedly decline to do so, and hide behind platitudes, suggests either that you aren't aware of any such analysis or are indeed a "complete * * * troll."

Clifton parents obviously lacked the authority to determine whether and which renovations should be made to Clifton ES. However, that's not to say that their views could not have been solicited and fully considered, or that there are not Clifton residents quite qualified to offer advice.

As to whether Clifton becomes a charter school, the School Board is apparently in the midst of developing policies that would make it an extremely time-consuming process to establish a charter school in the county. It's not exactly something FCPS would welcome with open arms, as it would serve as a constant reminder that parents have lost faith in the School Board's ability to administer fairly the county's very large school system. As a result, if the idea of a charter school in Clifton goes forward, expect FCPS to apply much more rigor to evaluating that application than it did in rubber-stamping Liz Bradsher's scheme to close down Clifton.

Date: December 04, 2010 10:29PM

bwahahaack attack Wrote:
>
> You have nothing of substance to offer this post.
> You're either Liz Bradsher herself, a relative,
> one of her few friends, or a complete asshole
> troll. You post at all of hours of the day so you
> need to get a real job and a fucking life. Loser.

That little tidbit was just chock full of substance.

Since you don't have facts to post, you choose to attack the person.

Let's face it, small school, bad wells, expensive renovation needs, safety and fire issues, poor egress -

It's time to say goodbye to CES

And we vote too!

bwahahahaha

Date: December 04, 2010 10:33PM

Skeptical Wrote:
>
> As to whether Clifton becomes a charter school,
> the School Board is apparently in the midst of
> developing policies that would make it an
> extremely time-consuming process to establish a
> charter school in the county. It's not exactly
> something FCPS would welcome with open arms, as it
> would serve as a constant reminder that parents
> have lost faith in the School Board's ability to
> administer fairly the county's very large school
> system. As a result, if the idea of a charter
> school in Clifton goes forward, expect FCPS to
> apply much more rigor to evaluating that
> application than it did in rubber-stamping Liz
> Bradsher's scheme to close down Clifton.

I agree with what you wrote above and suspect you're correct. The board would hate the competition, but school choice is the best option. It would be a shame if they quashed a Charter School effort.

Posted by: Next ()
Date: December 05, 2010 09:32AM

If they quash the charter school effort, say goodbye to any "Race to the Top" funds or other federal monies that reward innovation in education. The current federal administration loves charter schools. The SB has to decide what it wants---either we maintain ourselves as a county of high achieving communities that are close knit and supportive and where the locals have a stake in their schools or we become a big urban mass that is run by a "machine" that thinks it knows best for us (as we are just the "peasants" who live here). (I wonder if Liz Bradsher is thinking of starting up some private schools to earn money). I know which model I prefer---how about all of you?

Posted by: charters ()
Date: December 05, 2010 02:17PM

Posted by: Say WHAT?! ()
Date: December 06, 2010 12:59AM

Who is FCPS more concerned about engaging?

This about covers it.

"Parents, Zip It!" should be the "public engagment" slogan for FCPS and the wretched trolls on the school board.
Attachments:
Public Engagement with FCPS.png

Posted by: FrustratedFCPSParent ()
Date: December 06, 2010 11:51AM

It only gets better - check out Liz telling folks that she's got the Clifton vote all locked up back in MARCH long before the staff reports, committee reports !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See Tisdadt slam Herrity. Unbelievable. Get this filth out of our schools!

To: rrobertory1@earthlink.net; Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
CC:
BCC:
Sent: 3/16/2010 9:10:04 AM
Subject: RE: Note-

Attachments:

Ha�hope they defer to you, why the heck shouldn�t they.

From: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member) [mailto:ETBradsher@fcps.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:25 AM
To: 'rrobertory1@earthlink.net'; 'lkadler@cox.net'
Subject: Fw: Note-

See response--this issue is going to blow many up. I come out with my decision on this in June. Interesting timing isn't it? The Board will defer to me.

To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member); Dale, Jack
Cc: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member); Hunter, Barbara M. (Gatehouse); James, Denise; Noonan, Peter J; Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)
Sent: Tue Mar 16 07:09:38 2010
Subject: RE: Note--Clifton ES

It must be nice to live in a world in which you can just make-up your own version of reality and then shovel it all around you as you travel about your little universe. I think we have enough evidence to ask the court for a search warrant to check his house for crack.

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 10:45 PM
To: Dale, Jack
Cc: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member); Hunter, Barbara M. (Gatehouse); Tistadt, Dean; James, Denise; Noonan, Peter J; Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)
Subject: Note--Clifton ES
Importance: High

Dear Jack,

Tonight I attended a candidate forum for the Republican Primary scheduled in June. The forum was held in Clifton and as you would expect the issue of Clifton ES (CES) was brought forth for comment by the 2 candidates; Keith Fimmian and Pat Herrity. Mr. Fimmian declined to comment saying such an issue and decision was the responsibility of local elected officials. Supervisor Herrity responded by saying he was the first person to bring this issue forth to the town, he did not believe in closing the school and that this was the system�s way of spreading the demographics of Clifton and the high achieving students in this school to other surrounding schools that were not performing. He continued by saying CES didn�t have any problems structurally and that this pretense was a way to close a school and move students so diversity could take place. He also said such a move would destroy the community and upset the students as today they are sent to 3 different schools after attending CES. Per his comment CES offers them the only chance to get to know friends. He went on to point out that our system had over 19 PR employees, citing our system was bloated.

Obviously Pat�s response was extremely misleading and inaccurate. I approached the sponsors of this meeting and asked if I could do a presentation to set the record straight and suggested May might be a good month to do so. (I am hopeful we will have the Committee�s report by then and also staff�s) The CES issue is going to be very controversial, if it isn�t already so. I will be sending the Committee�s finding and staff�s finding to Chairman Bulova, Senator Barker, Del. Hugo, Supervisor Herrity and Congressman Connolly. I believe it is important all elected officials have the facts if they so choose to read about them.

I wanted all the recipients on this email to know the issues of CES and the over capacity situation of the schools in this study are being misrepresented. This presents a serious concern for FCPS and jeopardizes the hard work of the Community Engagement Community as well as staff.

Liz B.

Elizabeth T. Bradsher

Fairfax County School Board

Springfield District

Phone: (571) 296-1875

Debora L. Cain, Executive Administrative Assistant

Phone: (571) 423-1070

Posted by: Stu Stew ()
Date: December 06, 2010 12:04PM

Another ingredient in the FCPS toxic brew "Stu Stew".
Attachments:
Clifton ES not in town says Stu G.png

Posted by: Big Brother ()
Date: December 06, 2010 12:34PM

Recently - to increase public engagement (appearance), FCPS changed its committee called "LINKAGE" to "Public Engagement".

New slogan from FCPS?
Attachments:
FCPS From Linkage to New Public Engagement Slogan.png

Posted by: put a tent over this circus ()
Date: December 06, 2010 02:05PM

Time for The BOS to step up to the plate and save us from these misfits.

The BOS gabe SOCO community TEN MILLION DOLLARS for a school we don't even need!!!

Why can't they fund a modest renovation for Clifton for $5 million?

This SB and Dale's staff are so unprofessional and hateful. Our tax dollars at work, folks.

Posted by: Which team is he on? ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:02PM

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 7:05 AM
To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Subject: Re: executive summary-Sub Group C b attachment-2nd attempt to keep the spirit of our charter

Good Morning,

Yesterday, I had a 25 min office call with Sharon Bulivo... It was a neat conversation. Her assistant asked for another copy of my group's pitch, which I just sent to him.

She had only heard the Clifton point of view from the community to date

thanks for sticking with what is right for the County.

Have a great weekend

vr bob l

Is the same Bob Larsen-a Sangster parent-who is leading the charge to keep the Clifton kids out of "His" school???

Posted by: Pot to Kettle ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:03PM

well, aren't these folks just peaches?
Attachments:
Liz and Dean and Tessie FCPS behavin badly.png

Posted by: vaRun ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:14PM

How is Bob Larsen trying to keep Clifton kids out of Sangster?

Posted by: vaRun ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:16PM

Also, what is relationship between Lix Bradsher and Peter Noonan, FCPS Board employee who lives in town of Clifton? Was he in collusion, too?

Posted by: reader ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:22PM

Who benefits from all this school construction?

Usual rule of thumb: follow the money.....

Is there property involved? contractors? I have not seen anyone address this.

Posted by: someone call DOJ ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:30PM

Question???

Does The US Department of Justice want Stu Gibson blabbing about a pending court case?

Just wondering?????

To: sblesi@aol.com
Cc: Shimer, Andrea
Sent: Thu, Jun 24, 2010 6:27 am
Subject: RE: Fairfax County Schools

Mr. Blesi,

I write to respond to your phone call of a few weeks ago and your e-mail of last
night.

On June 2, 2010, I appeared at a status conference out of town, during which the
judge in a major tax shelter case set a series of threshold factual issues for
trial on two-weeks’ notice. I have spent most of the past three weeks preparing
for and conducting that trial. I left town the morning of Sunday, June 13, and
returned late last Saturday night. I have spent most of this week preparing
for the next phase of that case, in which the parties must file proposed
findings and conclusions by July 30, and preparing for a round of expert witness
depositions scheduled in three weeks in a major tax shelter case of first
impression.

As a result, I have not been able to devote any significant time this month to
addressing the issues surrounding Clifton Elementary School, on which we will
vote July 8.

I appreciate your offer and request to meet with me about the issues surrounding
the Superintendent’s recommendation – made following a lengthy and intensive
community engagement and study process – to close Clifton Elementary School, and
use the funds that otherwise would be spent on renovating Clifton to address
significant capacity needs at other schools in the southwestern part of Fairfax
County. I am not certain whether I will have an opportunity to meet with you,
your group, the Mayor of Clifton, and others who seek to engage me on this
issue. I do, however, want to respond to something in your e-mail of yesterday
in which you suggest how I approach this decision.

I have served on the Fairfax County School Board for nearly 15 years. I have
worked in the Tax Division of the Department of Justice for 26 years. I take my
responsibilities in both jobs very seriously. I do not make decisions on the
basis of emotion, but on the basis of principle. I do not count my e-mails, and
then vote with whomever sends the most. I have made many decisions over the
years, and I have a pretty well-developed idea about how to make decisions that
take into account the interests of all the people who may be affected by my
decision, including the people who have not formed or joined organized advocacy
groups. In short, I know my responsibilities, and attend to them diligently.
My constituents in Hunter Mill District, whether or not they agree with any
particular decision I have made over the years, understand and appreciate the
thoughtful approach I bring to my School Board service.

In this case, I do know a few things:

1. Only 22 children from the Town of Clifton now attend Clifton Elementary
School.

2. Other children in the Town of Clifton attend the Advanced Academic
Studies (GT) Center at Willow Springs Elementary School. Still other children
in the Town of Clifton and the surrounding area are pupil placed into nearby
elementary schools for child care, because Clifton does not have a SACC center.

3. Every child who attends a school in Fairfax County is entitled to learn
in a building that supports the current program of studies, and provides
students and teachers with access to up-to-date facilities and technology. I
cannot vote to spend money to renovate any school, where the renovation simply
preserves an existing, inadequate facility, one that was not built to meet the
needs of children in the 21st Century. Such a decision wastes scarce tax
dollars, and shortchanges the children in that building.

4. We need to provide classroom space to children who live in other
communities in southwestern Fairfax County, many of whose schools are grossly
overcrowded.

5. We have unmet facilities needs throughout Fairfax County. And every
dollar we spend on one school is a dollar we cannot spend to meet the facilities
needs of another school.

Having said those things, I will continue to study and review the available
information. I will listen to the public testimony, and consider all the
arguments. At the end of the day, I will make my decision on this matter as I
have on every other facilities issue I have voted on during my tenure on the
Board: considering what is in the best interests of all the children whom we
serve, whether they live in Clifton or elsewhere.

Thank you,

Stu Gibson
School Board Member
Hunter Mill District

Posted by: survivor ()
Date: December 06, 2010 04:38PM

Ask the Floris and Fox Mill parents if they "appreciate" Gibson's thoughtful approach.....

from "Someone call DOJ"

My constituents in Hunter Mill District, whether or not they agree with any
particular decision I have made over the years, understand and appreciate the
thoughtful approach I bring to my School Board service.

Posted by: open meetings law? anyone? ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:04PM

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/14/2010 7:43:50 AM
Subject: FW: My note to Full Board, and more

Attachments:

Liz – You might want to remind Charlie that at last Thursday’s SB meeting, Kathy Smith announced that no constituents would be riding the bus – Charlie was in attendance at this meeting! Kathy went on to state that constituents are welcome to follow the bus or meet the School Board members at Clifton ES, but they would not be allowed to ride the bus.

In MHO, let’s say for a moment we would even consider making exceptions for constituents who are openly advocating against the closure of Clifton to ride the bus. Alternately, shouldn’t consideration be given to allowing constituents who feel just as strongly about closing Clifton to ride the bus as well?

Perhaps Charlie needs to be reminded of Kathy’s remarks. Just my two cents.

Hope Villanova was fun!

Deb

Huh? So FCPS has a School Board WORK SESSION which happens to take place at Clifton-more than 3 members are in attendance-I guess that qualifies as an open meeting. And yet...........

Nobody was allowed in the school.

$2.2 Billion tax dollars goes to these guys....

Posted by: promises, promises ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:53PM

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/30/2010 8:31:29 PM
Subject: Last weeks meeting

Attachments:

Hi Liz,

I got the feedback from Barbara about the meeting. Wow, 1 person. I am really surprised the staff wasn't there. Sorry for the poor turnout. I am going to keep the push on. Let me know if you have any more ideas.

How did the hearing this week concerning Clifton go? Mike is on travel this week so the boys and I spent the evening having dinner and taking dad to a late flight to London on Monday otherwise I would have been there.

Thanks for your time and I'll keep pushing,
Joana

Is Liz promising All Day K with the "savings" from Clifton ES?

Won't they be surprised.....

Posted by: what does Bob get in return? ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:56PM

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/24/2010 9:12:16 AM
Subject: How are you?

Attachments:

Good AM Liz

I'm catching my breath enough for a big presentation that I have to give at Quantico after lunch

How are you doing?

I had two more friends say that they will go on record to say, it is not smart to pay for Clifton ES

Nice fair articles in paper yesterday and today

best
bob l

Posted by: odd connection ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:06PM

From: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member) [ETBradsher@fcps.edu]
To: Polton, Arthur
CC:
BCC:
Sent: 3/12/2010 3:24:39 PM
Subject: Re: From the Principal

Attachments:

Great email and send the bathroom bids-- a jacuzzi tub would be nice!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Fri Mar 12 15:08:51 2010
Subject: FW: From the Principal

This went out on Keep in Touch today. I have an estimate for your bathroom remodel. Demo can start any time you are ready. Have a great weekend.

Arthur Polton
Principal
Clifton Elementary School (703) 988-8000

Is Liz having work done on her house by the former Clifton principal?

Posted by: another best from Bob and Liz ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:21PM

These just keep getting better and better!

Did Polton REALLY remodel her bathroom????
Attachments:
BobLandLiz discuss committee reports.doc

Posted by: these two are classless ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:25PM

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/25/2010 5:17:17 AM
Subject: Re: Three Things

Attachments:

I hope you are hanging in okay. I am afraid that It is going to get worse before it gets better.
Pissing off Tina is an admireable thing.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

To: Tistadt, Dean
Sent: Thu Jun 24 23:19:24 2010
Subject: Re: Three Things

I thought he was referring to that unsure though.
Many thanks--apparently Herrity called my cell tonight. I pissed off Tina in the closed meeting. It's a banner week for me!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Shouldn't Tistadt be working on the CIP????!!!

He gossips like a teenage girl! And this is what we get for $225k per year!

Posted by: please go on a VERY LONG vacation ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:30PM

rom: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member)
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:02 AM
To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member); Tistadt, Dean
Cc: Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)
Subject: RE: Three Things

All interesting. But I wonder why we are spending a huge amount of time and staff on the ad hoc process if in the end we are still being viewed as not being transparent! Give me a break!

And now we are going to let school communities decide when they should be renovated? You know Woodson complained (and still complains) about the need to have workmen on their campus to do renovations.

Where does it end? I need to go on a long vacation!

Tessie Wilson
Vice Chairman
School Board Member
Braddock District

What Tessie meant to say.......

How dare these communities tell us what to do with their tax dollars!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hey kids-your school board cusses like you do! ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:33PM

----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 11:59 PM
To: Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)

Bullshit!

Elizabeth T. Bradsher
Springfield District

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 11:59 PM

I saw the coverage on channel 7. Pat said that he didn't think the school system got the numbers right for the cost of renovation. Also said that the more limited renovation would save money over building a new school.

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 11:55 PM
Cc: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member); Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)
Subject: FW: Three Things

Check this out... note the spin and this idea about WSHS taking Clifton's place on the CIP, this is Herrity's spin. He took my comments about the CIP and the queue last night and spun it. I was waiting to see how he would spin it and this is it.
Liz
Elizabeth T. Bradsher
Springfield District

Posted by: business ethics??? I don't think so ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:45PM

To: Paul Liberty
CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/15/2010 11:11:37 PM
Subject: RE: SOAR Leadership - WSHS

Attachments:

Kind of a tough situation but I believe I know the right direction to take. Four years of business school at Villanova, some grad school and the course Business Ethics were not wasted on me, my parents would be glad to know that!

I look forward to meeting with you and others members of SOAR soon. As always Paul I appreciate your comments. Many thanks,

Liz

Elizabeth T. Bradsher

Springfield District

Posted by: so much for the ethics class ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:50PM

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/16/2010 3:05:46 PM
Subject: RE: SOAR Leadership - WSHS

Attachments:

I am glad you are reaching out. I think you need to be careful with your message to ensure you now disconnect the Clifton decision from a new school on the Liberty site decision. You have continued the connection in your message (last paragraph).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

To date I have many needs in the Springfield District which require capital dollars; it is most difficult for me to reason spending scarce capital funds to renovate a school projected to have less than 300 students in 3-4 years. Schools wait for years to be renovated. One in particular, West Springfield High School, was admittedly left off the renovation schedule by our system in error. This school will be over capacity by several hundred students in 3-4 years and is over capacity now. The school is used 24-7 for county uses and for school uses, it is in great need of renovation.

I grew up in this county and we may agree to differ on this but I would not want my child in the same classroom I had as a child. Classrooms today offer so much more to children. I understand if you do not agree with this, however the question I am dealing with is do I spend money to renovate a school that is declining in population with an impending renovation that exceeds the cost of a new school or do I offer a brand new school for residents that meets all educational specifications to a great number of Clifton students, resolves capacity needs and saves money for other district capital needs? My decision is difficult because I know the Clifton community has strong emotional ties to attend Clifton, even if it remains the same without a renovation.

Sincerely,

Liz Bradsher
Dean

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:51 PM
Subject: FW: SOAR Leadership - WSHS

This is what I sent last night. They get it now and word is spreading.

I like the clean approach of dealing with just Clifton at this moment.

Liz

Elizabeth T. Bradsher

Springfield District

Posted by: question that needs answering ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:04PM

Why is Dean so anxious to build a new school?

I understand Liz and her political aspirations. But, why does Dean give her so much support?

The other school board members generally go along with what the rep wants to do in his/her district. But, I don't see how they could support something that is so egregious as this. Especially if they saw the emails.

Posted by: save the dam school already ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:07PM

pulled this from the post above with the attachment. hate attachments, btw. but the poster has an excellent point. if the community engagement committee reports and experience would keep clifton open, then what happened? were the reports altered by staff to support closing clifton?
And yeah, if they had 9 months to study the issue and still submitted reports in support of keeping clifton open, I think they had enough time to really look at the issue.

Save the damn school already so we can end this thread already! Fess up school board, you done f'ed up and it's time to come clean. Thank your colleague Liz Brasher for the lesson in humility while you're at it. Because with the exception of a few from reading all of this, she humiliated all of you. Ms. Brasher, I can only hope you never seek office again.

To: 'larsen family'
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:10 AM
Subject: RE: How goes the battles?

Hi Bob,

The issue of Clifton is getting increasingly more serious with each day.
The community as I would expect is meeting with School Board members, I am being called
daily, etc. The Committee reports are being posted --- the issue of Clifton is predominant in
the reports. If one went by the Committee reports and experience Clifton will remain open.
If one takes the time to really look into the issue, the affects of it on the Capital Improvement
Program, FCPS’s history of closing schools and why, one would have a broader view.

I am glad we had a Community Engagement Committee---however remain
frustrated with parochial views. I suspect when we have the public hearings it will be all
Clifton and no other constituents to testify about good fiscal management.
I suppose that just doesn’t matter to people??

Liz

Elizabeth T. Bradsher

Springfield District

Date: December 06, 2010 08:07PM

> I am glad we had a Community Engagement
> Committee---however remain
> frustrated with parochial views. I suspect when
> we have the public hearings it will be all
> Clifton and no other constituents to testify about
> good fiscal management.
> I suppose that just doesn’t matter to people??
>
> Liz
>
> Elizabeth T. Bradsher
>
> Fairfax County School Board
>
> Springfield District
>

So spending $7.9 million on additions to 2 schools because Clifton is closing is a better use of funds than spending the same amount to renovate a school? Based on Option D estimates additions to Union Mill ($4,150,000) and Fairview ($3,740,000) will come to about what the lowest cost solution to renovate Clifton came to. Herein lies more proof that NONE OF THIS was about cost, it was all personal. Liz was pissed at someone who has close ties to Clifton (aka Pat Herrity) and simply found a way to take it out on these folks. Add in her Patch.com comments that "Clifton has never been told no" and we have a winner.

Fiscal responsibility would be NOT building a middle school in south county where one is not needed. Bradsher, you are bringing shame to every person with a business degree from Villanova.

Date: December 06, 2010 08:26PM

Justataxpayer Wrote:
>
> So spending $7.9 million on additions to 2 schools
> because Clifton is closing is a better use of
> funds than spending the same amount to renovate a
> school? Based on Option D estimates additions to
> Union Mill ($4,150,000) and Fairview ($3,740,000)
> will come to about what the lowest cost solution
> to renovate Clifton came to. Herein lies more
> proof that NONE OF THIS was about cost, it was all
> personal. Liz was pissed at someone who has close
> ties to Clifton (aka Pat Herrity) and simply found
> a way to take it out on these folks. Add in her
> Patch.com comments that "Clifton has never been
> told no" and we have a winner.
>
> Fiscal responsibility would be NOT building a
> middle school in south county where one is not
> needed. Bradsher, you are bringing shame to every
> person with a business degree from Villanova.

Exactly. Any School Board in any part of the county who refuses to repudiate and disassociate himself or herself from Liz Bradsher's behavior should be replaced in 2011.

Date: December 06, 2010 09:55PM

And here is another kick in the gut for the Clifton folks by Liz Bradsher and the FCPS Board:

Distance from Clifton Elementary to Sangster - 8.7 miles
Distance from South County Secondary to Hayfield Secondary - 7.3 miles

Liz pushed for South County Middle to be built because of overcrowding at South County Secondary. Hayfield Secondary has room to address the overcrowding at South County and just completed a massive renovation within the last 5 years. So instead of balancing the Middle/High school boundaries here Mrs. Bradsher is having $20M plus spent on a new middle school that WE DON'T NEED. And yes, the $20M has already factored in the reducations from "land swap, Dave Albo, pulled out my piggy bank" funds that are being used to also pay for the school. How about putting the funds for that project into renovating WSHS?

And Bradsher calls the Clifton folks elitests? She wanted her precious new middle school so Bipsy and Biff don't have to go to school with Tyrone and Latisha at Hayfield. Own up to it Liz, you in Crosspointe are as bad if not worse than the Clifton crowd.

Posted by: It Just Gets Worse ()
Date: December 06, 2010 10:46PM

Sad but true.

Here's a multiple choice: Liz Bradsher is the local equivalent of:

A) Marie Antoinette;

B) Leona Helmsley;

C) Mary Jo Buttafuoco; or

D) All of the Above

Posted by: HereWeGoAgain ()
Date: December 06, 2010 10:48PM

So know we know that the closure of Clifton was a predetermined event dating back to March when Liz tells her friends that the School Board will defer to her to close Clifton. OK so where is education in all of this? and student achievement. These jokers obviously don't care about our kids.

To: rrobertory1@earthlink.net; Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
CC:
BCC:
Sent: 3/16/2010 9:10:04 AM
Subject: RE: Note-

Attachments:

Ha�hope they defer to you, why the heck shouldn�t they.

From: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member) [mailto:ETBradsher@fcps.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:25 AM
To: 'rrobertory1@earthlink.net'; 'lkadler@cox.net'
Subject: Fw: Note-

See response--this issue is going to blow many up. I come out with my decision on this in June. Interesting timing isn't it? The Board will defer to me.

To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member); Dale, Jack
Cc: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member); Hunter, Barbara M. (Gatehouse); James, Denise; Noonan, Peter J; Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)
Sent: Tue Mar 16 07:09:38 2010
Subject: RE: Note--Clifton ES

It must be nice to live in a world in which you can just make-up your own version of reality and then shovel it all around you as you travel about your little universe. I think we have enough evidence to ask the court for a search warrant to check his house for crack.

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 10:45 PM
Cc: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member); Hunter, Barbara M. (Gatehouse); Tistadt, Dean; James, Denise; Noonan, Peter J; Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member)
Subject: Note--Clifton ES
Importance: High

Dear Jack,

Tonight I attended a candidate forum for the Republican Primary scheduled in June. The forum was held in Clifton and as you would expect the issue of Clifton ES (CES) was brought forth for comment by the 2 candidates; Keith Fimmian and Pat Herrity. Mr. Fimmian declined to comment saying such an issue and decision was the responsibility of local elected officials. Supervisor Herrity responded by saying he was the first person to bring this issue forth to the town, he did not believe in closing the school and that this was the system�s way of spreading the demographics of Clifton and the high achieving students in this school to other surrounding schools that were not performing. He continued by saying CES didn�t have any problems structurally and that this pretense was a way to close a school and move students so diversity could take place. He also said such a move would destroy the community and upset the students as today they are sent to 3 different schools after attending CES. Per his comment CES offers them the only chance to get to know friends. He went on to point out that our system had over 19 PR employees, citing our system was bloated.

Obviously Pat�s response was extremely misleading and inaccurate. I approached the sponsors of this meeting and asked if I could do a presentation to set the record straight and suggested May might be a good month to do so. (I am hopeful we will have the Committee�s report by then and also staff�s) The CES issue is going to be very controversial, if it isn�t already so. I will be sending the Committee�s finding and staff�s finding to Chairman Bulova, Senator Barker, Del. Hugo, Supervisor Herrity and Congressman Connolly. I believe it is important all elected officials have the facts if they so choose to read about them.

I wanted all the recipients on this email to know the issues of CES and the over capacity situation of the schools in this study are being misrepresented. This presents a serious concern for FCPS and jeopardizes the hard work of the Community Engagement Community as well as staff.

Liz B.

Elizabeth T. Bradsher

Springfield District

Posted by: Shove it Peter ()
Date: December 06, 2010 11:20PM

anyone wanna buy a house with a neighborhood jerk?

thanks a lot peter - you aren't going to be feeling the love.
Attachments:
thanks a lot peter.png

Posted by: Stay Away from my Ds ()
Date: December 07, 2010 01:09AM

It Just Gets Worse Wrote:
> Sad but true.
> Here's a multiple choice: Liz Bradsher is the local equivalent of:
> A) Marie Antoinette;
> B) Leona Helmsley;
> C) Mary Jo Buttafuoco; or
> D) All of the Above

More like she's the new SYBIL.
Attachments:
Sybil Liz.png

Posted by: hohoho ()
Date: December 07, 2010 09:52AM

I understand Peter Noonan was in a tight spot, it is his job and livelihood. But he should have just recused himself from the situation, not forward Clifton emails to Liz Bradsher, what a snake! Nice spine, Peter!

Posted by: DNJ ()
Date: December 07, 2010 10:31AM

hohoho Wrote:
> I understand Peter Noonan was in a tight spot, it
> is his job and livelihood. But he should have just
> recused himself from the situation, not forward
> Clifton emails to Liz Bradsher, what a snake! Nice
> spine, Peter!

What about the jobs and livelihoods of the teachers at Clifton Elementary?!! Peter Noonan’s “support†ought to be really motivational and heartwarming for the teachers at Clifton Elementary that are working with HIS own children every day and have suffered through PAY FREEZES for the last 2 and now also have a sense of instability and threatened job security in the middle of this tough economy! It looks like from these emails that he is only thinking of himself!

Posted by: the savings keeps multiplying ()
Date: December 07, 2010 11:18AM

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 4/11/2010 3:45:39 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Clusters, 5, 6, 7

Attachments:

Your welcome, I would like to present a parent and instructional staff Task Force, small in number, to review the all day K issue and come up with ideas for expansion in these difficult economic times. Also if we do nothing at Clifton, the money saved could go into all day K facility funding for schools waiting for all day k expansion. Now there is a thought!

In time want to discuss Clifton with you and Peter---the sooner the better!
Liz

Uh, Liz...when you say You are welcome, it is You're-not your.....

So now we know with the Clifon closure there will be no ACTUAL savings. CIP amount was $11 million-renovations on neighboring schools will be north of $18 million.

Why then, does Lizzie promise both the All Day K crew AND WSHS SOAR with all the "savings"???

I am confused. Is there a secret piggy bank somewhere?

Posted by: Liz is not an elitist! ()
Date: December 07, 2010 11:46AM

It is so unfair for you guys to call her an elitist-she cares deeply for kids from high poverty homes. Don't believe me? Then just read this email to Jack Dale:

rom: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 4:52 PM
To: Dale, Jack; Moniuszko, Richard A..
Cc: Smith, Kathy L (School Board Member); Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member)
Subject: Re: Clusters, 5, 6, 7

Dear Jack and Rich,

During the last two years I, like other Board members, have attended many meetings, listened to staff members and citizens on matters concerning instruction.

All of this has been extremely educational however, what I have noted is that we spend an enormous amount of time on issues relating to a certain percentage of students in certain schools or areas within the county.

Very little time is spent on discussing what is being done for the majority of our student population many of whom are A,B,C+ type students. It would be a change from the usual to discuss what we are doing to challenge these students and what happens when we hit the wall with the achievement bands for our A/B type students?

These students I write about are not TJ bound; rather they work hard, get to school, conform and basically do the work. Little recognition seems to take place from our discussions and our public meetings about such students.

Furthermore, it remains extremely evident there is a School Board member most interested in certain demographic populations and our most “neediest†population.

I too believe discussions on such topics are most important, however one might gather from Board notes and transcripts that this all we care about as a system and Board. We all know this is not the case.

With regard to school promotion I have been noticing there is more FCPS public promotion on certain schools versus others. It is rare to learn and see a dignitary visiting a school outside the beltway.

It is rare for me to hear the Star Spangle Banner played or sung by a Springfield District school at our SB meetings.

Also it is rare to see a Springfield, Braddock or Sully district school promoted on our FCPS website which promotes schools on a daily basis. Yes, there are times, but it remains rare.

For your FYI the following are the schools that have been highlighted in pictures on the main page of the FCPS website during the past 2 weeks, not one Springfield District School nor Sully school was highlighted:

* Waynewood – Mt. Vernon District
* McNair – Hunter Mill District
* Woodburn – Providence District
* Mt. Vernon HS – Mt. Vernon District
* Forest Edge – Hunter Mill District
* Robinson Sec. - County Science Fair – Braddock District
* Forestville – Dranesville District
* Westlawn – Mason District
* Longfellow - Dranesville District, a frequent flyer on the website
* Baileys - Mason District - a frequent flyer on the website
* Twain MS - Lee District
* Springfield Estates - Lee District
* Cooper - Dranesville District

(Please note the school similarities as well as magisterial district similarities)

I appreciate your consideration of my email concerns and views and welcome a time to further discuss if so needed, meanwhile, have a great weekend!

Liz B.

Elizabeth T. Bradsher
Springfield District

Date: December 07, 2010 11:59AM

You know, there's probably a kernal of a decent thought imbedded in Liz's 4/9/10 e-mail. With the benefit of hindsight, though, it's clear that all she's really doing is saying "you owe me" to FCPS Staff and bond with her sorority sisters (Kathy and Tessie) at Kappa Delta Gateway, while making sure that she takes pot shots at the horrible "School Board member most interested in certain demographic populations."

And "most neediest"? Good God. What did they teach Liz at Villanova? She sure sounds like the "most stupidest" School Board member.

Posted by: Skeptica1 ()
Date: December 07, 2010 12:15PM

I will add though, Liz takes good care of the majority of her constituents in the Springfield District. As such, she is likely to be re-elected despite the best efforts of us here.

Posted by: goin to DC for my booze! ()
Date: December 07, 2010 01:18PM

Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 2:56 PM
To: James, Denise; Tistadt, Dean
Subject: RE: Thank you

Thanks all for meeting during lunch. I realize there is quite a bit going on. Whatever is decided on Clifton I look at it as a good thing because a “decision†will have been made!

As for the CIP and the queue, it still remains a rather inflexible situation since we rely on bonding and BOS funding. We seem to have no means to generate funding or develop a funding mechanism that can assist with timelier renovations. I know WSHS has come a long way but I also know that 2016 is a tough time frame for them to deal with regarding a renovation. Did we ever further discuss the idea of fast tracking the permitting process?

Enough from me in one day, running down to DC for the competitive libation prices!
See you tonight,
Liz

Elizabeth T. Bradsher
Springfield District

Posted by: hahahahahahahaha ()
Date: December 07, 2010 01:56PM

She's just trying to be fiscally responsible!

goin to DC for my booze! Wrote:
> From: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
> Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 2:56 PM
> To: James, Denise; Tistadt, Dean
> Subject: RE: Thank you
>
>
> Thanks all for meeting during lunch. I realize
> there is quite a bit going on. Whatever is
> decided on Clifton I look at it as a good thing
> because a “decision†will have been made!
>
> As for the CIP and the queue, it still remains a
> rather inflexible situation since we rely on
> bonding and BOS funding. We seem to have no means
> to generate funding or develop a funding mechanism
> that can assist with timelier renovations. I know
> WSHS has come a long way but I also know that 2016
> is a tough time frame for them to deal with
> regarding a renovation. Did we ever further
> discuss the idea of fast tracking the permitting
> process?
>
> Enough from me in one day, running down to DC for
> the competitive libation prices!
> See you tonight,
> Liz
>
>
>
> Elizabeth T. Bradsher
> Fairfax County School Board
> Springfield District
> Phone: (571) 296-1875
> Debora L. Cain, Executive Administrative
> Assistant
> Phone: (571) 423-1070

Posted by: The F Word ()
Date: December 07, 2010 02:19PM

the savings keeps multiplying Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> So now we know with the Clifon closure there will
> be no ACTUAL savings. CIP amount was $11
> million-renovations on neighboring schools will be
> north of $18 million.
>
> Why then, does Lizzie promise both the All Day K
> crew AND WSHS SOAR with all the "savings"???
>
> I am confused. Is there a secret piggy bank
> somewhere?

F = Fraud
Yes - it's the.slush fund from hold Bd of Supervisors and taxpayers hostage on bond and transfer monies - Liz robbed taxpayers of $10 million for HER neighborhood middle school by crying to the BoS - after getting $53 million in bonds! School cost $40m to build - the. Leftover $22 million must be in her freezer.
Crook.

Posted by: come without an agenda ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:06PM

To: larsenva@cox.net
CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/6/2010 6:39:34 PM
Subject: Re: SW Boundary Input for public meeting

Attachments:

?
Be sure they write all members. I have not received any emails and it would be good to see some on fiscal prudence and to do what is best for all. Not just Clifton and loud voices.
ETB

Sent: Sun Jun 06 16:40:56 2010

ok, thanks

I'll do this...you should be hearing from the other members of my group, too

They have written their board members too

bob l

To: 'larsenva@cox.net'
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:45 AM

Bob,
You can write to all the School !oard members and that can be used as your testimony per your directions in the content.
Liz

I thought the whole idea of these ad hoc committees was that the members did not come with a personal agenda-ya know objectivity.

If so, why is Bradsher telling Bob Larsen and his cronies to bombard the School Board with emailsasking for them to close Clifton.

Hey, Bob, how about we all meddle in your neighborhood school and ask SB members to CLOSE YOUR SCHOOL?

This guys deserves a serious payback for doing Bradsher's bidding.

Posted by: Sangster Rising ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:15PM

I think Sangster needs to publicly sanction Bob Larsen from speaking for us. This guy is making assertions as if he speaks for the whole school and working privately with school board members to cook up deals as if he is elected to some office.

HOAs, PTA and others --> Bob is doing us no favors and looks like a total tool now. We are as far as can be from the overcrowding and because of his efforts to get Clifton's school closed, we are being dragged into the boundary changes.

Bob screwed Clifton and then somehow us all at once. Time for bye-bye to BDU Bob. Shut your trap and stop sinking one community after the next. Public servant my eye.

Posted by: I am so confused ()
Date: December 07, 2010 06:44PM

To: 'Emily Slough'
Cc: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Sent: Wed Apr 21 22:17:15 2010
Subject: RE: "final' draft of Annandale Regional study

Emily,

Thanks for all of this. I’m going to take some time to digest the comments about the ad hoc committee and who should be included or excluded. My personal feeling has been if they are not part of the problem or cannot be part of the solution to the identified issue, then I believe they should not be included. But I also believe the Patty and Sandy believe the “more the merrier,†and that the entire community needs to be fully engaged at every step of the process. We’ll see.

Denise forwarded Nell’s email to both of us earlier, but even without seeing it, I am well aware of Nell’s inclination to stir up a hornet’s nest every chance she gets. (I probably shouldn’t be writing this e-mail right now, as I’m exhausted, but I’m going to see my dad for a long weekend, and if I don’t do it now – it won’t happen!) Tina will probably be pushing in an opposite direction, so it could get very messy.

My very real concern on this particular study is that “personal agendas†will get in the way of the real work that needs to be done. And because this is so complicated, it is really going to take a great deal of focus and study on the part of the participants, rather than just raw emotion.

But having said all of this, I believe we move forward with the process – and all be ready to be supportive and set the limits that need to be set.

More to follow!

Tessie Wilson

Vice Chairman

School Board Member

Braddock District

Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:01 PM
To: Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member); Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Cc: James, Denise
Subject: FW: "final' draft of Annandale Regional study

Good evening, Tessie & Liz –

Denise kindly forwarded a new copy of the draft regional study paper to Jeff & I last week. I sent some comments back to her this morning, and Denise James suggested I forward those comments to you two as well. She is right – they are more appropriately directed to school board members. I suppose you can share them with Patty Reed (I have already copied Sandy Evans) if you think that is necessary at this time.

A little additional background/explanation: Nell Hurley, PTSO President at Woodson HS, has taken a particular interest in Tina Hone’s comments at the vote last June re: the Annandale HS limited scope study (Tina’s comment, as you may recall, was about moving Mantua kids to Falls Church in order to “balance out†schools). That interest has translated itself into some action on Nell’s part, and it is my personal opinion that Nell will not stop here: she will stir the pot and get a lot of parents in a twist if she has any reason to believe that Woodson HS might be in jeopardy of having its district redrawn/taking on any students other than those of which she might approve. Never mind the feasibility or likelihood of Tina’s suggestion taking place. Anyhow, I will forward you – separately - the copy of the email Nell sent out last month (which I reference in my note to Denise, below, having sent it to Denise a couple of weeks ago). Then you might have a better understanding of part of the reason I made my comments, below. That is not the entirety of my reasoning, please note, but it is a contributing factor nonetheless.

Thanks, and see you next week!

Emily Slough

-------------------------------------------------

I can't figure out if people are supposed to bring their personal agendas to these committeess or not.....

Emily from Annandale can....check

Nell Hurley from Woodson can't....check

Bob Larsen from Sangster can.....check

Charlie Rau from Clifton can't...check

I think I understand how the "process" works now.

Posted by: FCPS rolling in the dough ()
Date: December 07, 2010 07:15PM

Hey, Board of Supervisors, save us taxpayers some money, would you?

See the email from Dean Tistadt that states that FCPS has millions in savings.

No need to increase the bond money to $155 million. Let's REDUCE our county debt-just like all Americans are doing.

NO MORE INCREASES IN DEBT!!!

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 7:54 AM
To: James, Denise; Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member); Wilson, Tessie (School Board Member)
Subject: Re:

Remember that we will be discussing a boundary study in advance of determining the size of the schools and of any additions and at what schools. We can't bond until we know these facts.

Plus we have over $40 million in construction reserve that the board could use to do all of these projects without going to referendum.

--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Posted by: So clear ()
Date: December 07, 2010 07:36PM

It's abundantly clear that Liz Torpey Bradsher considers her own interests/agenda the "real work" and the perspectives of those who think or understand things differently than her to be "personal agendas."

These emails have been extremely interesting to read. It shows that they really did not get elected for intelligence or wisdom. They just had certain connections and ambition to abuse power.

Waynewood Elementary is a horrible school. The office woman is an atrocious hag, and most of the parents are deluded, disturbed white women who demand weekly progress meeting with the kindergarten teachers.

Posted by: Reaction? ()
Date: December 07, 2010 11:34PM

FCPS rolling in the dough Wrote:
> Hey, Board of Supervisors, save us taxpayers some
> money, would you?
>
> See the email from Dean Tistadt that states that
> FCPS has millions in savings.
>
> No need to increase the bond money to $155
> million. Let's REDUCE our county debt-just like
> all Americans are doing.
>
> NO MORE INCREASES IN DEBT!!!
>
>
>
> From: Tistadt, Dean
> Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 7:54 AM
> To: James, Denise; Bradsher, Elizabeth (School
> Board Member); Wilson, Tessie (School Board
> Member)
> Subject: Re:
>
>
>
> Remember that we will be discussing a boundary
> study in advance of determining the size of the
> schools and of any additions and at what schools.
> We can't bond until we know these facts.
>
> Plus we have over $40 million in construction
> reserve that the board could use to do all of
> these projects without going to referendum.
>
>
> --------------------------
> Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

$40 million!!! Yet they said they didn't have any money to renovate Clifton which is now going to result in thousands of families being impacted by needless boundary changes and overcrowding and additions on their schools?!! How do they continue to get away with this?! Why aren't the parents and taxpayers reacting to this and doing something about it! They should stop this boundary study now!!!!!

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 19

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.