HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213All...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: so what ()
Date: September 04, 2015 05:18PM

and who are you - the world's expert on football

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GOSANDIMAS ()
Date: September 04, 2015 06:13PM

San Dimas High School Football rules.

Posted by: San Dimas local ()
Date: September 04, 2015 07:15PM

San Dimas are the Mid Valley CIF champions. They would destroy Westfields. California prep football is for real.

Posted by: emnDL ()
Date: September 04, 2015 08:10PM

San Dimas local Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> San Dimas are the Mid Valley CIF champions. They
> would destroy Westfields. California prep football
> is for real.

Very funny. San Dimas had a MAXPREPS national ranking of 4895 last year - Westfield was ranked 377. But then again you said Westfields - so perhaps you weren't referring to Westfield.

Posted by: Football fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 08:49PM

End of third quarter. Centreville 20, Annandale 17

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 10:17PM

What an ugly game Cville. At least 5 turnovers. Squeaked out a win.

Posted by: cOugar OO ()
Date: September 04, 2015 10:19PM

Hey Madison...nOpe. O-wnership.

Posted by: King leonitis ()
Date: September 04, 2015 10:52PM

WS over Robinson. Wild game

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: September 05, 2015 12:15AM

First week is always a little tough but nice first week of football.

Chantilly (-10.0) @ W.T. Woodson
*Chantilly won 31-14; was up 31-0. I went to this one and I am less optimistic about Woodson's rise than I was before. Their receivers are slow and any team with a decent secondary can match up and stuff the run. On the other hand, Chantilly's QB had 4 passing TDs and I think he's the best QB Chantilly has had in years. Great accuracy, good zip on the ball, and made good reads throughout the night. Chantilly is better than I thought they'd be.

Hayfield (-20.0) @ Edison
*Hayfield won 21-0, good spread

Herndon @ Fairfax (-6.5)
*Fairfax won 22-0. Good win for the Rebels.

West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)
*West Potomac won 41-28. The Wolverines are faster than I thought, this is a decent football team.

Westfield (-40.0) @ Washington-Lee
*Westfield won 30-10. Westfield is my pick to win the region this year, but this is the most open it has been in quite some time. I cannot wait for the matchup with South County next week.

Friday – September 4, 2015

Briar Woods @ South County (-7.0)
*South County won 47-28. Big performance for the Stallions who led comfortably throughout and a win for Fairfax in the first of many great Fairfax-Loudoun showdowns.

Broad Run (-14.0) @ Wakefield
*Broad Run dominated 40-6

Centreville (-31.0) @ Annandale
*Centreville won 27-17. Curious to follow both of these teams. I saw Centreville had a number of turnovers and let Annandale back in the game, but from what I've heard Annandale is considerably better and a team worth checking out.

Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Lee
*Lake Braddock won 69-0.

Madison (-1.0) @ Oakton
*Oakton won 31-25. Good win for the Concorde as Oakton continues to dominate this series.

McLean @ Stone Bridge (-28.0)
*Stone Bridge won 42-6

Robinson @ West Springfield (-6.0)
*West Springfield won 35-28; great spread.

South Lakes (-10.0) @ Marshall
*South Lakes won 52-8. Strong performance for Coach Taylor's crew.

Stuart @ Mount Vernon (-7.0)
*Mount Vernon won 39-9, wins first game in over a year. This does not look good for Stuart.

TC Williams (-35.0) @ Thomas Jefferson
*TC Williams won 65-0.

Posted by: SL1982 ()
Date: September 05, 2015 07:37AM

South Lakes looked great... They dominated a very good Marshall team. SL-Briar Woods should be the game of the week next week. I expect SL to edge it by a score or two.

Posted by: r u kidding ()
Date: September 05, 2015 08:03AM

Are you kidding me.....a very good Marshall team?????????????????????????

Game of the week next week is clearly Westfield and SOCO.

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: September 05, 2015 08:26AM

All 3 Arlington County schools were soundly defeated this week:

Broad Run 40, Wakefield 6
Westfield 30, Washington-Lee 10
Woodrow Wilson 55, Yorktown 22

Posted by: current status ()
Date: September 05, 2015 12:14PM

So after this week's games looks like 6A pecking order in the North is perhaps something like this......discuss

South County
Westfield
Lake Braddock
Centreville
West Springfield
Battlefield
Oakton
Chantilly
Robinson
TC Williams

Posted by: Not the current status ()
Date: September 05, 2015 12:25PM

South county actually gets less Power points for playing a 5A school. So if we're talking about current status the previous post must be incorrect.

Posted by: not not the current status ()
Date: September 05, 2015 12:32PM

Don't care about power points right now, just listed the top ten in terms of quality of team.....now discuss Mr. Technicality.

Posted by: SOCO SUX ()
Date: September 05, 2015 12:37PM

SOCO and Lake Braddock - best regular season teams ever - but will choke at the end because Patriot league is a bunch of pussies

Posted by: BMC ()
Date: September 05, 2015 01:02PM

Top ten looks reasonable. I'd say as wide open of a race as there's been in a long time. Hard to know if LB or TCW are as good as score indicates, but have to take notice now.

SoCo vs Westfield will be fun to watch. Based on week 1, thinking some of those D5 match-ups could be rough on the Fairfax teams.

Posted by: changeroo ()
Date: September 05, 2015 01:13PM

Ok list, would make these changes and adds

Westfield
South County
Lake Braddock
Centreville
Battlefield
West Springfield
Oakton
Chantilly
TCW
Robinson
West Potomac
Annandale

Date: September 05, 2015 01:36PM

changeroo Wrote:
> Ok list, would make these changes and adds
>
> Westfield
> South County
> Lake Braddock
> Centreville
> Battlefield
> West Springfield
> Oakton
> Chantilly
> TCW
> Robinson
> West Potomac
> Annandale

After this weekend, West Po should be on this list; that was a good win for them. I also agree with adding Annandale. I went to that game. Annandale easily could have given up after they got down 20-0, but they didn't quit, fought back, and gave Centreville all they could handle. They had a couple of trips into Centreville territory that resulted in no points; had they scored, the outcome could have been different.

I wouldn't be ranking TCW in the top ten (or 12, which is what this list is) based solely on beating TJ. Also, Madison played Oakton close, so I'm not sure that Oakton is top ten material.

Posted by: SL1982 ()
Date: September 05, 2015 01:46PM

South Lakes has to be in the top 10. They won 52-8 and beat Oakton in their scrimmage.

Date: September 05, 2015 01:47PM

SOCO SUX Wrote:
> SOCO and Lake Braddock - best regular season teams
> ever - but will choke at the end because Patriot
> league is a bunch of pussies

I wouldn't be so sure of this. If you look at this weekend's results, you would have to conclude that Patriot outperformed Concorde. Patriot teams combined for a 6-2 record (a .750 winning percentage). Wins: Mt. Vernon, TCW, West Po, West Springfield, Lake Braddock, South County. The only losses were Annandale and Woodson. Annandale was very competitive with a supposedly strong Centreville team, and looked good despite the losing effort. The only Patriot team that looked bad was Woodson (perhaps the talk about Woodson being a beast this year can die down).

Concord was 4-2 (a .667 winning percentage). Wins: Centreville (over Annandale), Westfield (over WL), Oakton (over Madison), Chantilly (over Woodson). Losses: Robinson (to West Springfield) Herndon (to Fairfax)

Posted by: Thanks for a good laugh ()
Date: September 05, 2015 02:07PM

SL1982 Wrote:
> South Lakes has to be in the top 10. They won 52-8
> and beat Oakton in their scrimmage.

Let's put this victory in perspective. They beat Marshall. That is the same Marshall that went 2-8 last year, and only got two wins because they were lucky enough to have TJ and Stuart on their schedule. That's also the same Marshall team that was 0-10 each of the previous two seasons (2013 and 2012).

Among Liberty Conference teams, I'm more impressed by Hayfield's win over Edison and Fairfax's win over Herndon. Of course, and to SL's credit, they at least got a win, which is more than can be said about the other five teams.

Posted by: Great season ahead.... ()
Date: September 05, 2015 02:59PM

It is too bad the the D5 powers from Loudoun are all down just a bit from years' past.

Stone Bridge is the best of the bunch this year, but even in a down year, the Big Four from Loudoun will continue to roll over D5's from Fairfax and Arlington. They might even take down some of the D6 playoff teams.

And I have to agree with a previous post. Beating Marshall, TJ, Stuart et al tells you nothing about a particular team. Those schools should just give up.

Posted by: Jagger ()
Date: September 05, 2015 03:40PM

What about Falls Church and Wakefield? They should be the top D5 teams coming out of the Northern Region?

Posted by: who give a buck ()
Date: September 05, 2015 03:41PM

nobody cares about the D5 teams....

Posted by: who gives a buck ()
Date: September 05, 2015 03:47PM

Thats cool, and all. However, besides the likes of Westfield, centreville, Braddock, those to D5 schools can either beat or compete with all the other D6 schools. Demographic change across the region, make everythings a bit even.

Posted by: just doesn't matter ()
Date: September 05, 2015 06:23PM

It just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter. The confirmed cheaters, read the internet dummy, at Ocean Lakes from the beach will steal another state title. So Northern region teams, have fun trying to win the Northern Region but expect to get stiffed again at States.

Signed,
The All Knowing One

Posted by: Justice department ()
Date: September 05, 2015 07:56PM

Ocean Lakes under new Executive Order is allowed to "re-align" kids home Domicile, it's not fair all those Northern Region Kids have so much Privilege! Cheaters do win and win and win and win in the ol Tidewater!

Posted by: cheataz ()
Date: September 06, 2015 06:49AM

Momma always said cheataz never posper

Posted by: SOCO Nation ()
Date: September 06, 2015 02:53PM

Soco beats Wfield this week, bet on it

Posted by: Not so fast ()
Date: September 06, 2015 03:21PM

Soco beats Wfield this week, bet on it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess that's why they play the game. Just remember, Briar Woods is not the team of the past, lost talent when Rockridge HS opened this year.

Also, Westfield's defense is far better than what SOCO faced this past weekend.

Either way looking forward to it, game of the week.

Posted by: yes so fast ()
Date: September 06, 2015 03:46PM

Yes so fast - SOCO dominates everyone this year even Lake Braddock

Posted by: So Co inmates run the asylum ()
Date: September 06, 2015 04:57PM

So co is Talented A to Z the question is not about talent it's about Discipline, can they limit the turnovers, can they limit the unsportsmanlike conducts, can they line up and play Football and leave the Shenanigans in the Locker Room...that's what Champions Do...they will get their test..sooner as opposed to later this year...Westfield Learns and Grows from their losses...Will SOCO is the Question!

Posted by: SOCO sux ()
Date: September 06, 2015 06:35PM

Westfield wins by two touchdowns, go DAWGS

Posted by: ok whatever ()
Date: September 06, 2015 08:11PM

ok you got it

Posted by: Rivalry fan ()
Date: September 07, 2015 01:24AM

How was west Springfield vs Robinson? I hear both look to be competitive teams.

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: September 07, 2015 01:43AM

Week 2 offers a lot of great games. There are a lot of games that could go either way and some big hypothetical spreads that will be challenging to cover.

Annandale @ Lake Braddock (-14.0)
*Annandale looked nice week 1, if they give the Bruins a good game that will say a lot about the talent on Annandale’s roster.

Briar Woods (-10.0) @ South Lakes
*South Lakes has an opportunity to garner some talk with a good performance Friday. With Briar Woods off to their first 0-2 start, maybe ever, I look for a strong performance from them though.

Broad Run (-7.0) @ Langley

Edison @ West Potomac (-20.0)

Fairfax @ Centreville (-21.0)
*Centreville bounces back after letting their opponent back in game 1.

Herndon (-14.0) @ Stuart

Jefferson @ Washington Lee (-31.0)

Lee @ Chantilly (-35.0)

Marshall @ McLean (-14.0)

Potomac Falls @ Falls Church (-3.5)
*This game could go either way, don’t have a great idea about either school, but on paper it should be a good one.

South County @ Westfield (-7.0)
*Definitely game of the week right here. This could definitely go either way as the Stallions historically come out of the gate very fast and definitely had the more impressive week 1 performance. Gut says pick South County, but going to go with the head and Westfield. Regardless of the outcome this early on, I do think come November Westfield is the team to beat.

Stone Bridge (-17.0) @ Madison

TC Williams @ Oakton (-3.0)
*Great opportunity for TC Williams to showcase their abilities this year. Oakton will key on their playmakers though and I like them in a close game.

Tuscarora @ Hayfield (-6.0)
*Behind Westfield and South County, this is a game-of-the-week caliber matchup that could go either way. Definitely should be a game worth going to and another great one in the Fairfax-Loudoun series.

Woodson @ Robinson (-17.0)

Wakefield @ Yorktown (-6.0)

West Springfield (-28.0) @ Mount Vernon

Posted by: Ncuvt ()
Date: September 07, 2015 06:43AM

Wildcats suck

Posted by: I agree baby ()
Date: September 07, 2015 07:31AM

Yep the Kansas State Wildcats do indeed blow this year

Posted by: go LB go ()
Date: September 07, 2015 10:54AM

Lake Braddock is the best this year

Posted by: PCC ()
Date: September 07, 2015 12:29PM

West Springfield has strong skill position players from WR, QB, and secondary. Also the line has many returners, close game with Robinson and both teams played till the last whistle. Robinson had a strong backfield and tried to dominate line of scrimmage

Posted by: Springfield/Robinson ()
Date: September 07, 2015 01:27PM

WSvRob was a great game. Rob has good backs and really wore down WS. However they got stops when necessary. WS is explosive on offense. Looks like the northern region champs may come from the old patriot conference. I've seen both LB and SC play and they look more talented than WS. Annandale may be improved but they lost their best player from last year. Centreville may of had a bad night but that can't happen against those other teams. WFvSoco should be a good game. Won't be shocked if soco wins but wouldn't bet against WF.

Posted by: bet against WF ()
Date: September 07, 2015 05:01PM

SOCO NATION RULES

Posted by: help us ()
Date: September 07, 2015 08:33PM

so sad to see Lee's program so awful.

what is going on at that school?

Posted by: You Read Here First ()
Date: September 08, 2015 07:17AM

I believe TCW will beat Oakton this friday and pronounce a new era for the Titans.

They aren't quite ready for prime time yet, but they will be good enough to win by 10 or more at Oakton.

Posted by: Concordless ()
Date: September 08, 2015 10:38AM

Soco will disappoint once again. Everyone knows their talented but their coaches do not instill good football. Too many penalties, take too many chances and too many risky/trick plays. At some point the penalties and turnovers come back to haunt you. Even if they beat WF they'll find a way to blow it down the line. Will they be able to stop LB and WS passing attack?

Looks like the concord is losing some of it's luster. The #1 seed will go to a patriot team this year.

SC opened up with BW and WF

LB will play Robinson and centreville

WS plays Robinson, SC, LB and stone bridge

Centreville plays Tuscarora and LB

Playoff seeding this year should reflect fairness due to the match ups of top teams on everyone's schedule

Posted by: Nonsense boy ()
Date: September 08, 2015 11:59AM

Patriot teams better put their money where the mouth is. I would still put my bet on Westfield or Centreville until LB, SOCO, WS can play well when it really counts....good luck.

Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: September 08, 2015 12:11PM

I would disagree with the fairness in the playoff seedings. Not everyone in the 6A North is being required to play 2 games against 5A schools. This gives an edge to those only playing 6A across the board.

Posted by: 5a/6a ()
Date: September 08, 2015 01:36PM

Required??? That's wrong

Nobody is required to play 5a school. Coaches get an option to choose their out of conference schedule. It's not automatic but most teams usually get 1 of their top 3 choices. Do if a 6a team picks three 6a opponents chances are there won't be any 5a teams on their schedule unless a 5a team picks them which hardly happens because Stuart isn't going to choose centreville as their opponent that they want to face. Pleas learn how schedule works in the northern region

Posted by: Truthyness ()
Date: September 08, 2015 01:45PM

The DSA's make the schedule with the coaches recommendations. The coaches usually get a couple of their 1st choices and then get stuck with 2 or 3 games that they didn't want. The Concorde schools got "stuck" with multiple Division 5 games that the rest of the 6A schools did not. It will hurt them come playoff time and it is sad that the other conferences, who are afraid to play the Concorde schools, voted to do this to them. They could have easily sent each school to play 1 5A school instead of sending some 0 times and others twice.

Posted by: Concorde is it ()
Date: September 08, 2015 02:12PM

Bottom line is Concorde IS Northern Region football until the other districts start doing something about it. As I look across state champions from the north in the last 15-20 years I see Westfield (multiple), Cville (multiple), Robinson, Oakton, Chantilly, etc. I do not see LB, SOCO, TCW, Annandale (ok back in 1992 but who gives a shit that far back). Hylton as well back in the day but they are now in the south.

Also Loudon 5A teams are on the rise but foolish to compare their track record to the Concorde dominance at this point. Give that some time, plus we will see how the 6A/5A contests go this year.

CONCORDE RULES, DEAL WITH IT

Posted by: concorde fannnn ()
Date: September 08, 2015 02:36PM

5a/6a Wrote:
> Required??? That's wrong
>
> Nobody is required to play 5a school. Coaches get
> an option to choose their out of conference
> schedule. It's not automatic but most teams
> usually get 1 of their top 3 choices. Do if a 6a
> team picks three 6a opponents chances are there
> won't be any 5a teams on their schedule unless a
> 5a team picks them which hardly happens because
> Stuart isn't going to choose centreville as their
> opponent that they want to face. Pleas learn how
> schedule works in the northern region

Sorry, but you are the one who needs to learn a few things. Do you think CVHS, Westfield, etc. actually asked to play the 5A schools?!? No. They listed those schools at the bottom of their wish list, and are still being required to play two of them. This wouldn't be a big deal if EVERYONE in the 6A North had to do the same. But they don't. Thruthyness summed it up correctly in his email. Centreville didn't ASK to play Tuscarora or Broad Run, they were told "This is who you are playing."

Posted by: NorthernRegion ()
Date: September 08, 2015 02:53PM

This is a hollow argument. The 5A schools that they'll be playing against will give them big boosts in power points if they win because those schools will accumulate more wins of their own over the course of the season.

It's far better for your power rating to beat Tuscarora or Stone Bridge than it is to beat, say, Herndon or McLean. If the big time Concorde schools want to cry about having to play excellent 5A programs because they're afraid of losing, that's fine, but the argument about getting one less power point just because of them being in 5A is specious at best.

Posted by: LCccC ()
Date: September 08, 2015 03:35PM

Maybe. Maybe not. Briar Woods is 0-2.

Posted by: 5a/6a ()
Date: September 08, 2015 03:36PM

Concorde entitlement taken to another level. So clueless

"It's not automatic...."

You obviously didn't read my entire statement. Nobody can outright pick their schedule but to think the Concorde is being put against 5a teams for lower playoff seeding your delusional. Do you think Edison or falls church willingly put the Concorde teams in their top 15 choices? Not only is it a mismatch but that's how you get kids hurt.

With your reasoning WS is being forced to play stone bridge and soco being forced to play briar woods. So what's this notion Concorde teams are the only ones being shafted?

When coaches are at mount Vernon their dsa doesn't listen to them but your saying WF and their DSA aren't on the same page? Get real

Concorde rules huh? Didn't Robinson give up 35 points this weekend?

System isn't perfect but if both teams are on the bottom of each other's wish list the match up usually doesn't happen.

Posted by: pop goes the weasel ()
Date: September 08, 2015 04:16PM

Well Patriot and Loudon fans, please wait to pop off until your district or County for that sake have won nearly as much as Concorde team (and I went back to VHSL history book) -

Centreville 2000, 2013 runners up 2011, 2014
Westfield 2003, 2007
Oakton 2005 runners up 2002
Robinson 1997, 2001 runners up 2004
Chantilly 1996 runners up 2006

For those of you who cannot count that is in the last twenty years 8 state championships and 5 runners up in the state game from one district!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody want to try to pony up better results than that from one district let alone a county???? Best of luck suckas....

Posted by: true that ()
Date: September 08, 2015 04:22PM

great post on the state championships and 2nd place finishes accomplished by Concorde teams....complete lunacy to say that quality in NOVA football starts anywhere else, Loudon and Patriot - earn your keep and then we will talk

Posted by: true that ()
Date: September 08, 2015 04:25PM

And just to be clear I respect that Tuscarora, Briar Woods, Lake Braddock, SOCO, etc. have gotten close but need to get over the hump and do it consistently to start a true "border war" with the Concorde teams....

Posted by: Not so fast ()
Date: September 08, 2015 04:58PM

This is a hollow argument. The 5A schools that they'll be playing against will give them big boosts in power points if they win because those schools will accumulate more wins of their own over the course of the season.

It's far better for your power rating to beat Tuscarora or Stone Bridge than it is to beat, say, Herndon or McLean. If the big time Concorde schools want to cry about having to play excellent 5A programs because they're afraid of losing, that's fine, but the argument about getting one less power point just because of them being in 5A is specious at best.

I'm pretty certain this is inaccurate. Power points are wins/losses, the significance is what division, 6A, 5A, etc. I don't think the record of the 5A team has anything to do with it.

I'm also pretty sure these schedules were set up prior to the whole power point system currently in place. Big article prior to the season stating that when the current system was developed no one took into consideration the significance of playing "down" so to speak.

Remember last year, Westfield was 9-1, Centreville was 8-2, Centreville lost to Westfield in regular season. Centreville was the #1 seed and Westfield the #2, regional championship game was at CVHS instead of Westfield. Reason why, Westfield played one 5A team, Stone Bridge, and nine 6A schools. Centreville played Gonzaga and nine 6A schools.

Even more of a glitch in the system is Centreville's total point were divided by 9 games, Gonzaga wasn't a factor since it wasn't a VA school or part of the system. Westfield's points were divided by 10, and they still earned less with the Stone Bridge win even though Stone Bridge had a good record. Was all about being a 5A not 6A school.

I also don't think Concorde teams are afraid of playing Loudon teams, They're just pissed that it will adversely affect them in terms of power points. The way the system is currently set up say Westfield or Centreville goes undefeated as does a South County or Lake Braddock. The old Patriot conference teams would have a higher point ranking since they played either zero or one 5A school compared to Westfield or Centreville playing two apiece.

They just need to tweak the system somehow so teams don't get penalized for playing different classifications. In the end there's no difference in terms of quality in a lot of these schools, just the number of students. One of the reasons why Westfield has played Stone Bridge for so long is because they were looking to play quality teams outside of their conference games. Both Simmons and Verbanic before him has a philosophy you only get better by playing better competition.

Posted by: nHVGC ()
Date: September 08, 2015 05:10PM

pop goes the weasel Wrote:
> Well Patriot and Loudon fans, please wait to pop
> off until your district or County for that sake
> have won nearly as much as Concorde team (and I
> went back to VHSL history book) -
>
>
> Centreville 2000, 2013 runners up 2011,
> 2014
> Westfield 2003, 2007
> Oakton 2005 runners up 2002
> Robinson 1997, 2001 runners up 2004
> Chantilly 1996 runners up 2006
>
>
> For those of you who cannot count that is in the
> last twenty years 8 state championships and 5
> runners up in the state game from one
> district!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Anybody want to try to pony up better results than
> that from one district let alone a county????
> Best of luck suckas....

Wanna know a secret? Robinson was in the Patriot District for all of their state titles...

Posted by: who gives a wuck ()
Date: September 08, 2015 08:07PM

They are in the Concorde now as swipe

Posted by: Concorde turd ()
Date: September 09, 2015 06:39AM

the Concorde was once a cool meteorite that Joe Dirte ate his French fries off of but now is really a big turd that was dropped from an airplane crapper.

Posted by: Coco chanel ()
Date: September 09, 2015 07:34AM

I think the boys from the concorde teams are the cutest

Posted by: Conf 7 guy ()
Date: September 09, 2015 08:07AM

5a/6a Wrote:
> Concorde entitlement taken to another level. So
> clueless
>
> "It's not automatic...."
>
> You obviously didn't read my entire statement.
> Nobody can outright pick their schedule but to
> think the Concorde is being put against 5a teams
> for lower playoff seeding your delusional. Do you
> think Edison or falls church willingly put the
> Concorde teams in their top 15 choices? Not only
> is it a mismatch but that's how you get kids hurt.
>
>
> With your reasoning WS is being forced to play
> stone bridge and soco being forced to play briar
> woods. So what's this notion Concorde teams are
> the only ones being shafted?
>
> When coaches are at mount Vernon their dsa doesn't
> listen to them but your saying WF and their DSA
> aren't on the same page? Get real
>
> Concorde rules huh? Didn't Robinson give up 35
> points this weekend?
>
> System isn't perfect but if both teams are on the
> bottom of each other's wish list the match up
> usually doesn't happen.

Put your tinfoil hats away. It's not just the "Concorde district" that is having to play 5A teams. Look around. Braddock is playing Lee. West Potomac has Edison and Briar Woods. South County has Briar Woods. West Springfield has Stone Bridge and Lee.

It all comes out in the wash . . .

Posted by: BMC ()
Date: September 09, 2015 08:18AM

So, is this the week we get to see Westfield's first team running backs? I think they need the full arsenal against SoCo.

Posted by: C'mon man ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:04AM

So, is this the week we get to see Westfield's first team running backs? I think they need the full arsenal against SoCo.

Just Monticue, rumor is Pearson is either injured or suspended.

Posted by: wassup with that ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:10AM

Hasn't Pearson been injured or suspended for about three years now? Wassup with that?

Posted by: that is westfield for ya ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:17AM

just another malcontent like all of the players on Westfield

Posted by: Westfield ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:22AM

If WF staff keeps Pearson on the team shame on them. It will leak out and staff integrity will become an issue.

Posted by: blackholeatoms ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:31AM

steve k2* Wrote:

>
> Annandale @ Lake Braddock (-14.0)
> *Annandale looked nice week 1, if they give the
> Bruins a good game that will say a lot about the
> talent on Annandale’s roster.

-14? Lake Braddock is going to overwhelm this team - final score = 52-14 LB.

Posted by: Booster ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:46AM

just another malcontent like all of the players on Westfield

Nope, just another dumb kid with potential but can't seem to stay out of trouble. I think if you look Westfield has had very few problems over the years so not sure where your statement comes from. Two kids in two years going to West Point and the Naval Academy, not too many programs in the area can boast that. I'm pretty sure the coaches do as good if not better job than anywhere else in the area at dumping problem players regardless of their ability. Just an observation from a fan that's followed the program since its inception and a parent of a former player.

Posted by: oceanlakescheetahs ()
Date: September 09, 2015 10:33AM

Justice department Wrote:
> Ocean Lakes under new Executive Order is allowed
> to "re-align" kids home Domicile, it's not fair
> all those Northern Region Kids have so much
> Privilege! Cheaters do win and win and win and win
> in the ol Tidewater!

Cheaters still cheating:
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/09/suspension-ocean-lakes-football-coach-extended-2-weeks

Posted by: C'mon man ()
Date: September 09, 2015 11:12AM

Justice department Wrote:
> Ocean Lakes under new Executive Order is allowed
> to "re-align" kids home Domicile, it's not fair
> all those Northern Region Kids have so much
> Privilege! Cheaters do win and win and win and win
> in the ol Tidewater!

Cheaters still cheating:
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/09/suspension-ocean-lakes-football-coach-extended-2-weeks

Wow, and he's still the head coach at Ocean Lakes even though he violated the rules of his suspension while on suspension! That's just crazy, if I'm reading it correctly it appears that it's not his first time being caught.

Not a Centreville fan but maybe they should award them the championship that was obviously tarnished by Ocean Lakes and their cheating head coach. Could you imagine if last years Centreville team had a couple top players from Westfield, Lake Braddock, SOCO on it.

Posted by: bullshit of course ()
Date: September 09, 2015 11:18AM

A NR team got taken away from it a back to back championship due to cheating from the beach team Ocean Lakes. They still took those cheaters to overtime regardless. FUCC OCEAN LAKES!

Date: September 09, 2015 11:22AM

blackholeatoms Wrote:
> steve k2* Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Annandale @ Lake Braddock (-14.0)
> > *Annandale looked nice week 1, if they give the
> > Bruins a good game that will say a lot about
> the
> > talent on Annandale’s roster.
>
> -14? Lake Braddock is going to overwhelm this
> team - final score = 52-14 LB.

Overwhelm? No way. I watched Annandale play Centreville, and I can tell you that is a good, and well-coached team. LB may win out in the end, but no way is Annandale getting overwhelmed by anyone.

Posted by: beach teams suck ()
Date: September 09, 2015 12:01PM

Beach teams down south have always been known to be cheaters, just the latest example

Posted by: wow did not know ()
Date: September 09, 2015 12:22PM

That is sad to see about Ocean Lakes, looks like they stole a championship last year from Centreville

Posted by: Bet the House ()
Date: September 09, 2015 12:56PM

This is the Week that SOCO gets to Play Westfield's JV Roster, Hope they Game plan for the Right Team.....

Posted by: Big Rumors ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:32PM

Hearing rumors Westfield may be without more players then Pearson.

Posted by: Fannandale ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:37PM

Football fan Wrote:
> blackholeatoms Wrote:
> -----
> > steve k2* Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > Annandale @ Lake Braddock (-14.0)
> > > *Annandale looked nice week 1, if they give
> the
> > > Bruins a good game that will say a lot about
> > the
> > > talent on Annandale’s roster.
> >
> > -14? Lake Braddock is going to overwhelm this
> > team - final score = 52-14 LB.
>
> Overwhelm? No way. I watched Annandale play
> Centreville, and I can tell you that is a good,
> and well-coached team. LB may win out in the end,
> but no way is Annandale getting overwhelmed by
> anyone.

LB only won by 11 last year but that was the Braddock JV team playing so it could be another close one

Posted by: Truth in Posting ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:38PM

What happened at Westfield? Clearly this is more than a malcontent. Spill the beans!

Posted by: cesspool ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:41PM

Westfield is a cesspool of lies, misdirection, and idolatry.....it is coming back to haunt them

Posted by: JV teams ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:53PM

WF would make excuses. You are only as good as your last game. Buckle up WF and play ball

LB always making excuses. Apparently WS beat your JV team last year and must have been that same JV team in the playoffs trailing by 3 with 2 seconds left

Date: September 09, 2015 02:02PM

No excuses from WF simply check which Starters take the field and which don't for Week 2. How many other teams in 6A/5A could lose 8 Starters and still Field a team Let alone Compete...

Posted by: scandal at Westfield ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:17PM

Scandal it must be, what is being hidden at Westfield? Scandal I say...

Posted by: wassup at Westfield ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:21PM

What is the scandal at Westfield, do tell!

Posted by: No Scandal ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:23PM

No scandal, just a couple idiots acting like idiots and apparently got suspended. Not sure how many but it seems most of them were on offense. Also not sure it's just this game, could be more. Kind of like what happened to Chantilly at the end of last season.

Posted by: heard there is a scandal at WF ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:28PM

Heard from a friend that there is a scandal with Westfield football. Does anyone know what is going on?

Date: September 09, 2015 02:32PM

See FCPS Participation Policy Section A. 30 Day Ineligibility.

Posted by: I hear something ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:41PM

I understand that Westfield is going to scrap their football program due to some scandal, can anyone explain what is going on?

Posted by: Eagle Scout ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:47PM

MY Kid is a freshmen, normally Plays Offensive Line however this week he has been running first team tailback with Varsity he will run All over SOCO his Buddy who is also a first year player/Freshmen is also getting the Start at Wid.e Receiver we expect SOCO wont Know what hit them. Great Game plan if you ask

Posted by: MadAlum ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:48PM

Cougar country part two Wrote:
> Koshuta is going to run all over the Oakton D
> Line. Cardelli won't know what hit him.

Kashuta got in for like 30 seconds. His parents should have sent him go to a private school. Mad hires too many dads as coaches, who quit ance their kid graduates. The kid is stuck behind a coachs son. NOt how you build a program.

Posted by: Westfield-gate ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:50PM

you want the truth? You can't handle the truth. Scandal-ridden Westfield fb team will be dethroned by bigger faster stronger Soco nation fb team.

Posted by: SOCO gate ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:57PM

Of course SOCO will win and so will Lake Braddock ....in fact they will both go 10-0 and end up in the Northern Region finals where in the first known instance of such happening they will both find a way to lose the same game and the Northern Region will have to find Cville or Wfield to take over at the state finals.

SOCO AND LB SUX WHEN IT COUNTS

Posted by: BULLDOG PARENT ()
Date: September 09, 2015 02:58PM

No Scandal, 7 or 8 starters being selfish, obviously not comprehending the team first concept. they got caught being stupid and are now paying the 30 day consequence. As for the Coaches, they should be commended they enforced the policy the Kids/Parents all signed...and they are moving forward. As a previous Poster stated "name another 6A/5A team that could lose that Many starters and still field a team much less compete" Hats-Off to all the other young men who kept their Noses Clean and did not jeopardize the Program. So Westfields Gets a #4 or #5 seed come November We MOve On!

Posted by: bueCV ()
Date: September 09, 2015 03:02PM

BULLDOG PARENT Wrote:
> No Scandal, 7 or 8 starters being selfish,
> obviously not comprehending the team first
> concept. they got caught being stupid and are now
> paying the 30 day consequence. As for the Coaches,
> they should be commended they enforced the policy
> the Kids/Parents all signed...and they are moving
> forward. As a previous Poster stated "name
> another 6A/5A team that could lose that Many
> starters and still field a team much less compete"
> Hats-Off to all the other young men who kept
> their Noses Clean and did not jeopardize the
> Program. So Westfields Gets a #4 or #5 seed come
> November We MOve On!

I knew losing Principal Thomas was going to come back and bite... he would have found a way "fix" this problem.

Posted by: e-Gore ()
Date: September 09, 2015 03:05PM

There will be no sledding in North America anymore due to Global Warming.

Sincerely,

Al

Posted by: Uncle Guido ()
Date: September 09, 2015 03:05PM

Tim Thomas has enough problems to "FIX" at Annandale!

Posted by: Westfield vs Ocean Lakes ()
Date: September 09, 2015 03:08PM

I vote then for Westfield against Ocean Lakes in the Scandal Bowl for the state championship. It is what we all deserve....

Posted by: Westfield idiots ()
Date: September 09, 2015 03:22PM

Hey I just made the starting team for Westfield, one of the best football teams in Virginia. Oh no now I cannot play for a month because I am a dumbshit and I cannot follow simple rules.

See you guys serving McDonald's hamburgers next year.

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213All...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.