HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516All...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: Point made ()
Date: September 24, 2015 12:49PM

Relax Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please stop taking about Westfields players being
> suspended, isn't that excuse used up by now? Also,
> if Westfields kids had any pride they would of
> missed the party and focused on the upcoming
> season, don't let ignorance be an excuse for lack
> of offensive production and commitment to your
> team. They lost, deal with it!!
>
> __________________________________________________
> _________
>
> First off it's talking not taking. Second, I don't
> think it was meant as an excuse, just that with
> half their starters gone WF scored 19 against
> SOCO. The post was merely stating that the WS
> offense would be capable of putting points on the
> board and that the SOCO defense had not yet faced
> as potent as an offense.
>
> It also has been talked about on this thread
> because it speaks volumes about the WF program.
> You think there are many teams that could lose
> half of their starters on offense and still
> compete with quality teams such as SOCO. Or for
> that matter lesser teams at all, so just relax.
>
> Also, you think WF is the only high school that
> had players at parties, the weekend BEFORE school
> started? No, they just had the unfortunate luck
> that an idiot took pictures of the players. An
> idiot who returned home past curfew to an angry
> father who happens to be a principal in the FCPS
> system. An individual who in the past had
> attempted to bring down one of the other school's
> varsity programs as a result of his personal
> agenda/vendetta against the school.
>
> So again, relax, and if you're tired of reading
> about it on this thread then don't log in!

I'll relax when you stop making excuses for WF's loss. It's simple, they didn't score as much as Soco and that's it. Even with all "six starters" back in the line up, they lose to Soco. I hope there's a rematch, just have to make sure there aren't any parties before the game I guess. Also, don't think all six starters were offensive threats.

Don't think WF is the only school that parties either, not that stupid...However, if you are stupid enough to get caught, not that speaks volumes like you mentioned.

WS a potent offense, now that's funny!

The guys that want to talk football, go join a fantasy league and get off of here!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Huhwhat? ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:41PM

I think this is a good place to talk football..it is a HS football forum....just sayin'......

Posted by: Point This ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:42PM

You Big Bad internet Tough Guy, I'm going to Bring My Ankel-biter football team over to your house and destroy you....all your Blow hard BS does not matter as NO Northern Region Team Will hoist the Trophy, If you want to be the Team Crying at Charlottesville enjoy the Long ride Back because Centreville/SOCO/LB nor Broad Run can hold a candle to the OCEANS cheating Ways!

Posted by: Relax ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:47PM

The guys that want to talk football, go join a fantasy league and get off of here!!

Also, don't think all six starters were offensive threats.

So if we want to talk football we should go join a fantasy league?

You do know the thread is High School Football 2015?

What else are we supposed to talk about?

BTW, 2 starting WR's, 1 starting RB, and the true QB, so yes, I'd say those are productive guys.

I'm sure WF hopes they get a rematch too!

Posted by: Smack Point Made ()
Date: September 24, 2015 04:34PM

As Relax typed in his post, this forum and thread is the place to discuss, analyze and review High School Football for 2015. Your proposal to go join a fantasy league truly displays your lack of comprehension and calls into account anything else you may write.

That being said, SOCO barely survived the WF game. They did win, but it certainly wasn't a game to be bragging about. WF without 4 key offensive studs and all SOCO can do is squeak by? Normally in HS football even the loss of one or two key players can doom a team, regardless of how good the other players are. So yes, had those players been participants I do believe the outcome would have been very different. But they were not playing and SOCO got the W. Every team faces some sort of injury or loss of key players during the season, so no crying at WF. The point is that upon notification that players were violating the players agreement and the law, they were suspended from play. That should speak volumes in and of itself regarding the WF program overall.

If WF ends up making the playoffs and advancing, that should also speak to the quality and integrity of the program. Let's hope that no other schools suffer the same loss of key players to their program.

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: September 24, 2015 04:55PM

What is happening here is all too familiar. C'mon. Folks like to discuss and analyze all facets of a game.

Inevitably, people start talking about injuries and penalties and the mere discussion of their impact (injury) and legitimacy (penalty) is taken as "excuses" or "whining" when a large percentage of the time it is really just talk about all the factors that go into the outcome of a game. It is very difficult to discuss injuries, penalties and I guess suspensions with getting accused of "whining" or "making excuses."

Posted by: both of them ()
Date: September 24, 2015 06:32PM

I think that both Westfield and SOCO suck...one is a choker and the other a wannabe

Posted by: i wuv you ()
Date: September 25, 2015 07:46AM

I wuv Hendo at Hayfield, he is my guy.

Posted by: WOW 2 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:24AM

Point This Wrote:
> You Big Bad internet Tough Guy, I'm going to Bring
> My Ankel-biter football team over to your house
> and destroy you....all your Blow hard BS does not
> matter as NO Northern Region Team Will hoist the
> Trophy, If you want to be the Team Crying at
> Charlottesville enjoy the Long ride Back because
> Centreville/SOCO/LB nor Broad Run can hold a
> candle to the OCEANS cheating Ways!

Broad Run is a D5 team!

Posted by: No sir ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:25AM

Relax Wrote:
> The guys that want to talk football, go join a
> fantasy league and get off of here!!
>
> Also, don't think all six starters were offensive
> threats.
>
> __________________________________________________
> _______
>
> So if we want to talk football we should go join a
> fantasy league?
>
> You do know the thread is High School Football
> 2015?
>
> What else are we supposed to talk about?
>
> BTW, 2 starting WR's, 1 starting RB, and the true
> QB, so yes, I'd say those are productive guys.
>
> I'm sure WF hopes they get a rematch too!

RB was hurt, not suspended. Can't wait for a rematch, is WF can make it that far.

Posted by: Where's Muran?? ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:29AM

Haven't heard from Muran in a while. He always has such amazing analysis of HS football!!

Posted by: WS Sucks ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:31AM

Heard WS students tarnished the Soco bronze stallions at their stadium last night. Bad move on their part, as if Soco needed any further motivation to destroy them tonight!!

Posted by: You Suck ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:32AM

both of them Wrote:
> I think that both Westfield and SOCO suck...one is
> a choker and the other a wannabe

Must be a Braddock fan! Go West Po!!

Posted by: MURAN ()
Date: September 25, 2015 10:17AM

Muran back round eyes,

Hope-furee you rearn resson and take Muran at word. Stal-rion sooooooo mad at Spartan today for bring such disonah on horse. Dey make swear tonigh will be end of day for Spartan. Numbah 55 say he will make all Spartan cry like new born babee when he done. Rook for super great sooooo fantastic kickah to be kick ball super goo.

Muran

Posted by: hmmmmm ()
Date: September 25, 2015 10:45AM

^^^^ Ya know, I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Posted by: Yes ()
Date: September 25, 2015 10:48AM

MURAN Wrote:
> Muran back round eyes,
>
> Hope-furee you rearn resson and take Muran at
> word. Stal-rion sooooooo mad at Spartan today for
> bring such disonah on horse. Dey make swear tonigh
> will be end of day for Spartan. Numbah 55 say he
> will make all Spartan cry like new born babee when
> he done. Rook for super great sooooo fantastic
> kickah to be kick ball super goo.
>
> Muran

Good analysis, Muran!

Posted by: WOW 3 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 12:17PM

#55 he so short, he cant run so fast on step ladder...WS Did not deface Stallion, Horny Goat from Muran Back Yard get Roos and Love Him Long time...Musket Fires away...!

Posted by: SoCo Daddy ()
Date: September 25, 2015 01:17PM

#55 been drinking that Bane juice too much and gonna get cold cocked on the first play tonight bitches

Posted by: KevinAllen55 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 01:26PM

Somebody pissed of Bane and did the worse thang possiball and they don't even no it...U made this personnel
" Bane AT kevinallen551"

0 retweets 6 favors

Posted by: Google Obit ()
Date: September 25, 2015 01:35PM

Google knows #55
Attachments:
#55.png

Posted by: Katie Grizzel ()
Date: September 25, 2015 02:25PM

kevinallen551 Kevin Allen is leading south county to watch the game at states.

Sign up for your bus tickets now to watch in the stands while Bane crawls back into his dark hole...

Posted by: Too Short Katie ()
Date: September 25, 2015 04:24PM

Yep because college and the pro's are full of 5'-8" linebackers.

Posted by: Bane ()
Date: September 25, 2015 04:31PM

I'm 5-11 thank you and sometimes 6 foot when I drink all my Hateraides juice.

Posted by: Bane ()
Date: September 25, 2015 04:33PM

have you seen my Twitter pics? I'm so short I need a step ladder from my big monster truck.

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:19PM

Scores at around half

Stone Bridge 7 @ Westfield 7
Centreville 21 @ Tuscarora 35
Broad Run 10 @ Briar Woods 10
Oakton 10 @ Robinson 14
South County 21 @ West Springfield 13
West Potomac 14 @ Lake Braddock 10
Chantilly 56 @ Herndon 11
Potomac Falls 16

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: September 25, 2015 09:44PM

What is wrong with you people?!

Date: September 25, 2015 10:16PM

Broad Run (-17.0) @ Briar Woods
*Broad Run won 31-24. Although Briar Woods is 1-4 they still have a pretty good team. Lee comes to Ashburn next week, look for that to be a demolition.

Centreville @ Tuscarora (-8.0)
*Tuscarora won 49-42. Centreville definitely elevated their performance offensively with an effective night running their Wings and Things option package, but they have given up 104 points their last 2 games. Did they give up that many either of the last two seasons?

Chantilly (-16.0) @ Herndon
*Chantilly won 69-31. This was 42-0 in the 1st and the second stringers came in. A dominant performance for Chantilly. Regardless of the weaker opponent, I’ve been saying this is the best offensive team Chantilly has had in a long time and for the first time this year, I am going to list them as a region contender.

Jefferson @ Edison (-14.0)
*Edison won 52-26 for their first win of the year.

Lake Braddock (-10.0) @ West Potomac
*Lake Braddock won 24-21. This was the game I checked out tonight and I liked both teams. West Potomac very well could have won the game, there was a questionable touchdown called back for the Wolverines and the coach opted to forego a tying field goal at the 5 yard line for a failed 4th down conversion. Honestly, while both teams are capable of making a great postseason run, I wasn’t as impressed with Braddock as I thought I would be. They may very well be the third best team in their conference.

Langley @ Madison (-10.0)
*Madison won 14-7.

McLean @ South Lakes (-21.0)
*South Lakes won 42-0.

Oakton (-1.0) @ Robinson
*Robinson with one of the more impressive outings of the night, won 42-17. I am very intrigued by the Robinson-Chantilly game next Friday.

Potomac Falls (-24.0) @ Marshall
*Potomac Falls won 31-13. Had the 24 points nailed, before a late Marshall TD.

South County (-10.0) @ West Springfield
*South County won 42-40. Honestly the Patriot top 4 are so even this year and I have no idea will win the conference. Have yet to see West Springfield, but based solely on the score, I feel comfortable saying South County is the team to beat.

Stone Bridge (-6.0) @ Westfield
*Westfield won 28-7. A dominant defensive effort for Westfield who had no problem stopping Stone Bridge’s running attack. Thompson (Stone Bridge QB) did go out early in this one though. I still feel comfortable sticking with them as my region pick as that defense will always be tough to score on. I miss Scanlon as a receiver though, I know he wants to play QB, but I feel the Bulldogs can slide someone else in at QB and with Scanlon wide, their offense would be more dangerous.

Stuart @ Lee (-7.0)
*Lee wins 14-9.

TC Williams (-20.0) @ Mount Vernon
*TC Williams won 27-6.

Woodson @ Annandale (-8.5)
*Annandale won 48-43.

Wakefield (-7.0) @ Falls Church
*Wakefield won 24-20.

Washington Lee @ Hayfield (-10.0)
*Hayfield won 35-16.

Yorktown (-10.0) @ Fairfax
*Yorktown won 28-7

Posted by: Game of the week ()
Date: September 25, 2015 10:49PM

West Springfield wins the game if their best cover corner #1 and the starting safety #10 don't get hurt. Hell of an effort from both teams, can't wait to see both teams in the playoffs.

Posted by: yep maybe ()
Date: September 25, 2015 11:03PM

WSpringfield is always almost maybe going to win a big game. Don't care how many are injured, you have to beat your key foes at home. Get it done then pop off.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: September 26, 2015 12:00AM

Nice rundown again SK2. You've been doing it now for at least 4 years now I think - thanks!

I was actually at the Westfield-Stone Bridge game this week and really, the turning point of the game came on Stone Bridge’s first drive. Westfield’s opening drive of the game ended after a lone first down and Westfield punter #5 Brian Delaney pinned Stone Bridge inside their own 5 yard line with a monster punt. Stone Bridge then drove the length of the field with a mix of short runs and throws (18 plays). It was tough going and Westfield’s defense gave up ground begrudgingly. Stone Bridge’s drive stalled around the Westfield 10 as on a critical 4th down Stone Bridge was stopped and turned it over on downs leaving only 26 seconds remaining in the first quarter.

It was on the 4th down play that Stone Bridge QB #4 Joe Thompson incurred a lower leg injury after a gang tackle and left the game. It looked to be serious and enraged Stone Bridge head coach (and father) Mickey Thompson then drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (for the second week in a row I hear) which gave Westfield decent field position.

Honestly, the rest of the game was a war in the trenches with both teams struggling to make any yardage. Westfield’s Navy commit linebacker #41 Jack Clancy pretty much took the Westfield team on his back and drug them to the win. Playing both ways, he was a tenacious blocking fullback on offense, caught a pass for a critical first down and scored twice - once on a short TD pass and then on short TD run. Westfield’s defense got fooled on a Stone Bridge counter play and RB #20 Joshua Breece broke loose for a long TD run to tie the game 7-7 just before halftime. But without Thompson in the game Stone Bridge did not have an answer for the Westfield defense as Westfield had an interception, a fumble recovery, three forced punts and stopped Stone Bridge on 4th down two or three times in the second half.

Interestingly, it is my opinion that this looks like the best defensive team Westfield has put on the field in the Kyle Simmons era (fifth season as head coach). Conversely, it is without a doubt the least dynamic offense in his time at Westfield as well. It remains to be seen if the eventual return of some of their starters will kick up their performance a notch. Westfield QB #10 Tyler Scanlon played another steady game – making few mistakes and completing a number of big passes including 3 TD throws to WR #88 Trayquan James and TE #97 Nolan Cockrill (and the one to Clancy). He had 3 or 4 nice passes on the money that were dropped including 2 downfield throws.

Punter/Kicker #5 Brian Delaney was a special teams gem once again – kicking all but one kick-off into the end zone, and hitting a number of deep long hang-time punts - kept SB in long field position most of the game. He clearly has D1 ability on kick-offs and punts right now. But he missed another FG – has he hit any at all this season?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2015 07:58AM by newgatedenizen.

Posted by: Earlyout ()
Date: September 26, 2015 07:48AM

Game of the week Wrote:
> West Springfield wins the game if their best cover
> corner #1 and the starting safety #10 don't get
> hurt. Hell of an effort from both teams, can't
> wait to see both teams in the playoffs.

SC dominated the first half and I left - what happened in the second half?

Posted by: SoCo Fat Lady ()
Date: September 26, 2015 08:41AM

SC thought the game was over at half like you did and let WS back in the game.

SC turnovers and penalties, and better Spartan play in second half kept WS in the game. South County fumbled away two second-half possessions and threw an interception.

WS QB passed for 338 yards and five touchdowns, completing a double-reverse pass for a 65-yard touchdown on his first attempt and passing for scores while facing second and 27, third and 20 and later fourth and goal from the 10 to put the Spartans a two-point conversion away from tying the game.

Posted by: NR football fan ()
Date: September 26, 2015 10:17AM

Here is the current playoff standings for 6A North:

6A North
1. South County (121) 30.25
2. Lake Braddock (119) 29.75
3. West Springfield (105) 26.25
Westfield (105) 26.25
5. Chantilly (100) 25.00
6. South Lakes (99) 24.75
7. Battlefield (123) 24.60
8. West Potomac (98) 24.50
--------------------------------
9. Madison (97) 24.25
10. Oakton (96) 24.00
11. Centreville (94) 23.50
12. Robinson (93) 23.25
13. Hayfield (91) 22.75
Yorktown (91) 22.75
15. T.C. Williams (88) 22.00
16. Annandale (87) 21.75

-------------------

17. Herndon (84) 21.00
18. Mount Vernon (83) 20.75
19. Patriot (97) 19.40
20. W.T. Woodson (77) 19.25
21. Fairfax (77) 19.25
22. Osbourn (93) 18.60
23. Washington-Lee (73) 18.25
24. Langley (69) 17.25
25. Osbourn Park (84) 16.80
26. Stonewall Jackson (83) 16.60
27. McLean (64) 16.00

Teams above the first line would host a first round game. Teams below the second line would be outside the playoffs. The only ties in the standings are for third place between West Springfield and Westfield and 13th place between Hayfield and Yorktown. Also Woodson and Fairfax have the identical number of points, but Woodson beat Fairfax head to head.

Posted by: closebutnocigar ()
Date: September 26, 2015 04:08PM

Real deal.... Wrote:
> Muskett gets his teeth knocked out by #55 on the
> second play of the game!! He won't last a quarter
> running the ball like he does against a defense
> like Soco has. The kid is good, but be realistic.
> He's all WS has, and Soco will be ready for him!

Muskett 325 yards passing with 5 TD's. Fact: SoCo defense has given up 116 points in first 4 games thats 29 ppg average. That is not a state (or regional) championship defense.

Posted by: Dominated? ()
Date: September 26, 2015 05:06PM

Over at halftime? It was a one score game with 1 minute left in the 1st half before SC scored with seconds left in the half. Why would you think it was over soco always commits stupid turnovers and penalties. SC defense did not look good throughout the game giving up 5 really long pass TD's and long gains.

Posted by: Seshwan ()
Date: September 26, 2015 06:43PM

I think he meant SoCo Dominated because Soco had 27 first downs to WS 10, Soco had 319 rushing to less than 100 for WS, WS only converted 2 of 12 3rd down conversions

WS did have success on 5 deep balls before SoCo finally went 2 high safeties. passing game was close to even SOCO 6 TD passes WS 5. Penalties and turnovers was the real story of SoCos 2nd half. Ws only had 6 to SoCos 16 and turnovers WS 0 SoCo 3.

Stats on nfhsnetwork

Posted by: Bottom Line ()
Date: September 26, 2015 07:02PM

SoCo scored 42 points in the first half and a big fat ZERO in the second half. WS also had turnovers and big plays called back in the second half. After halftime WS absolutely stuffed the one trick pony offense SoCo was running in the first half (Sling the ball on 3rd and a mile to one of their big WRs). SoCo got slapped around for the last two quarters. They will be out in the second round with that leaky ass defense and predictable offense. But hey, what's new with that right?

Posted by: Bottom line is blind ()
Date: September 26, 2015 08:44PM

WS had 0 turnovers SoCo had 10 2nd half penalties and 3 turnovers but still had over 200 yds offense in 2nd half If they played cover 2 would have been a blowout IF is always the sunday morning qb favorite word. No if SoCo did win. Credit to WS SoCo still got the W more importantly made soco haters even more angry and butt hurt. No guarantee who wins it all for now SOCO is at the top of the north !!!!!

Date: September 27, 2015 01:33AM

Here's the early predictions for next week. As with every week this season, a lot of intriguing match-ups to keep an eye out for. The 3 best games will be CV-LB, Chantilly-Robinson, WS-SB

Centreville @ Lake Braddock (-7.0)
*I want to pick Centreville so bad here, and a Wildcat upset would not surprise me. That being said, their slow defense has given up 104 points their last two games and Braddock has quite the offense of their own. I’m picking the Bruins but they are also on upset alert.

Edison (-8.0) @ Stuart

Fairfax @ Langley (-14.0)
*I like Langley to get their first win here and I think it will be a pretty comfortable one. The Saxons have played a very good schedule up to this point and they are considerably better than the 0-4 record they have.

Falls Church @ Marshall (-7.0)
*Big game here, if Marshall wins this one, they are in the driver seat to a conference title albeit early. These teams are pretty even and it should make for an entertaining affair.

Thomas Jefferson @ Annandale (-45.0)
*TJ hasn’t been as bad this year at keeping games close, but Annandale has too many playmakers and this game will get ugly fast.

Lee @ Briar Woods (-35.0)

Madison (-6.0) @ Yorktown
*This has the makings of a pretty good game. Yorktown is inconsistent this season but if they bring their A game this should be a close one.

McLean @ Hayfield (-31.0)

Mount Vernon @ Wakefield (-10.0)

Robinson @ Chantilly (-7.0)
*This has game of the week written all over it. With Centreville being more down to earth and Westfield’s offense being less prolific than in years past; both these teams have a shot at the Concorde albeit I think it’s still Westfield’s. Both these teams come in with high powered offenses and it will make for a great watch.

South Lakes (-13.0) @ Washington-Lee

Stone Bridge @ West Springfield (-7.0)
*A measuring stick game for the Spartans after a tough loss. If the Patriot is as good as people are saying, the Spartans should win this game.

Tuscarora (-40.0) @ Herndon

West Potomac (-25.0) @ Woodson

Westfield (-14.0) @ Oakton

South County (-21.0) @ TC Williams

Posted by: #23 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 04:19PM

Blast from the past: Kendall Anderson (Westfield 2012) has a big day:
http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_3541a4c6-915e-5e66-8af5-8c8f0572c6d8.html

Posted by: Football ()
Date: September 27, 2015 04:32PM

What happens at west Springfield vs stone bridge?

Date: September 27, 2015 05:01PM

West Springfield wins If Stonebridge QB is out then WS wins by 2 TDs

Posted by: Loudoun Times ()
Date: September 27, 2015 05:12PM

Stone Bridge's quarterback (coach's kid and already given a scholarship for next year) is out with a fractured ankle.

Posted by: Ouch ()
Date: September 27, 2015 05:25PM

Stone Bridge's quarterback (coach's kid and already given a scholarship for next year) is out with a fractured ankle.

------------------------------

That's too bad, good luck to him with his recovery, hate to see any of these kids get hurt.

Posted by: Hey Steve ()
Date: September 27, 2015 05:45PM

Broad Run has been one of the biggest stories this year in D5.
Any reason why you aren't handicapping their game this week?
Have you seen them play? Their schedule gets really difficult in the second half of the year. Same with Tuscarora. Have you seen them? What is up with these Loudoun schools (smaller) beating Centreville?

Posted by: Turnovers? ()
Date: September 27, 2015 05:55PM

Bottom line is blind Wrote:
> WS had 0 turnovers SoCo had 10 2nd half penalties
> and 3 turnovers but still had over 200 yds offense
> in 2nd half If they played cover 2 would have
> been a blowout IF is always the sunday morning
> qb favorite word. No if SoCo did win. Credit to WS
> SoCo still got the W more importantly made soco
> haters even more angry and butt hurt. No guarantee
> who wins it all for now SOCO is at the top of the
> north !!!!!

Regardless off the yardage soco got in the 2nd half they were out scored 14-0. Are you using penalties and turnovers as excuses? That's why there are 4 quarters in a game. WS still passed for two more TD's against their two high safeties. Hats off to soco for winning but they almost lost it down the stretch to a team that they were way more talented than.

Posted by: Excuses ()
Date: September 27, 2015 06:00PM

SOCO WON SOCO WON SOCO WON SOCO WON HAHAHAHAHHA GAME SET MATCH

Posted by: Jimmy Da Greek ()
Date: September 27, 2015 06:14PM

For the first time in more than a few years, I am having trouble seeing any of the local schools win the big one. A lot of talent, a lot of parity, but no truly powerful, outstanding schools. Our talented coaches up here will need to really outsmart the boys from down south, who cheat like it is going out of style!

Gulp - hate to say it, but SoCo might actually win two or three playoff games this year!

Date: September 27, 2015 07:08PM

Hey Steve Wrote:
> Broad Run has been one of the biggest stories this
> year in D5.
> Any reason why you aren't handicapping their game
> this week?
> Have you seen them play? Their schedule gets
> really difficult in the second half of the year.
> Same with Tuscarora. Have you seen them? What is
> up with these Loudoun schools (smaller) beating
> Centreville?

Broad Run has a bye week this week. Generally I predict games where Fairfax or Arlington teams are involved; but with all the Loudoun-Fairfax matchups this year I am working on learning my Loudoun football.

I am going to try to make it out to the Tuscarora-Broad Run to conclude the season and have seen video of both teams on Gameday. Loudoun has represented themselves well in the county matchups and no surprise they have great football over there. The Centreville-Lake Braddock game will tell me a lot, as this will be the first time Centreville takes on an elite Fairfax team. Centreville clearly has regressed as would be expected with all they lost, so I'm not sure yet what the Loudoun wins mean.

I will say Westfield, South County, and Lake Braddock seem to be the top tier in Fairfax and the only common match up is Briar Woods who has played Broad Run, Tuscarora, and South County. South County beat them by 19, Tuscarora beat them by 6, and Broad Run by 7. That means little though and I am biased for Fairfax County.

Posted by: Dunno $hit ()
Date: September 27, 2015 07:23PM

Briar Woods is the Best 1-3 team in the state...could beat a lot of Play off bound Teams...With Birmingham out their offense and defense is affected drastically...good to see the Parity amongst LC and FfxC schools...the Loudon wins over Ffx teams are just as legit as the ffx wins over Loudon...Lake Braddock is getting ready for a dose of Reality also...C-ville will get a few more big time wins...

Posted by: GDJE ()
Date: September 27, 2015 08:32PM

I know Woodson sucks, but I think their sophomore QB will be one of the best before he graduates.

Posted by: Knute Rockne ()
Date: September 27, 2015 09:03PM

GDJE Wrote:
> I know Woodson sucks, but I think their sophomore
> QB will be one of the best before he graduates.

I think the boy is a junior. I saw him as a youth football player and thought he was talented. I don't know if he got the coaching he needed...not sure who Woodson has as QB coach now, but the boy could really be good if he had a good coach. NO offense at all to Woodson parents, but there isn't a lot of talent there at wideout, but they are sure getting the most out of what they have to make them competitive with the second tier programs.

Posted by: Nostradumbass ()
Date: September 27, 2015 10:07PM

Thank you, Coach Dougherty.

Posted by: SoCo ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:32AM

Turnovers? Wrote:
> Bottom line is blind Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WS had 0 turnovers SoCo had 10 2nd half
> penalties
> > and 3 turnovers but still had over 200 yds
> offense
> > in 2nd half If they played cover 2 would have
> > been a blowout IF is always the sunday
> morning
> > qb favorite word. No if SoCo did win. Credit to
> WS
> > SoCo still got the W more importantly made soco
> > haters even more angry and butt hurt. No
> guarantee
> > who wins it all for now SOCO is at the top of
> the
> > north !!!!!
>
> Regardless off the yardage soco got in the 2nd
> half they were out scored 14-0. Are you using
> penalties and turnovers as excuses? That's why
> there are 4 quarters in a game. WS still passed
> for two more TD's against their two high safeties.
> Hats off to soco for winning but they almost lost
> it down the stretch to a team that they were way
> more talented than.

Soco 4-0
WS 3-1!!

Posted by: Oakton Fan ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:05AM

What happened to Oakton against Robinson? After the first few games I thought Oakton was much improved over last season. Now I'm wondering if we are not as good as I thought or is Robinson that good? They already have two loses so I'm leaning towards us having another 5-5 season.

Posted by: Too Bad So Sad ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:25AM

The old days of Oakton Football with the likes of Grimm, Payne, Coyer, Watts and Tyler are all but gone for Oakton.

They had a good run, but redistricting has killed them in football especially.

Coaches Rowley and Co do the best they can, and I still believe that they have one of the best coach staffs in the area. But you can only do so much without more talent.

Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: September 28, 2015 12:54PM

Oakton coaches always do so well with what they have. Very well respected. Tough schedule too with Cville, WF, Chan, Broad Run coming over the next four weeks.

Posted by: best staff ()
Date: September 28, 2015 01:33PM

pretty good debate question... who does have the best coaching staff in the region? Lake Braddock? Westfield? Centreville? West Springfield? Soco?

Posted by: WF Easy ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:11PM

I don't even know how this is a question. You look at the typical athlete that Westfield has and then look at the track record of success they have and it really shouldn't be too much of a debate. Yes they do have a pretty sizable school population compared to a lot of other NR schools but the average football player is relatively un-athletic comparitively speaking.

Posted by: WF chokies ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:49PM

Westfield coaching staff - take me close to the prize and then teach me how to choke when it really counts. Sounds like "good" coaching to me baby.

Posted by: WF chokies ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:50PM

And this bullshit about Westfield having no athletes is just that a bunch of bullshit.

Posted by: C'mon man ()
Date: September 28, 2015 03:00PM

WF has probably one of the best defensive coaches around the area, their DC. Offense though, not a chance. Just look how vanilla their offense has been over the past few years.

Also, the decision to only have players go one way when every other school has a couple of their best guys play both sides of the ball. It is a big school with I'm sure plenty of athletes but so are many other schools in the area. They still find a way to get a couple of the top guys on the field for O & D!

Posted by: You're Bullshit ()
Date: September 28, 2015 03:58PM

How is that bull-shit???? Anybody who's watched them play can easily see they do not have nearly as many pure athletes as some other NR schools but what they do have is numbers. They can run on and off 7-10 different defensive lineman and not have a drop off in performance where at other schools that don't have the luxury of a large student population that is not the case. Often, at these smaller D-6 schools, their 1st teamers are pretty good but after that it's anyone's call as to the performance you'll get. If I had to choose which school I could coach at it, it would definitely be Westfield just because they have such a large pool of players to choose from and build depth with.

Posted by: Westfield chokies ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:04PM

Just win when it counts Westfield and stop all the rationalizations. Oh if we did not dixie cup before the season, oh if we had athletes (that is a slap in the face to all the quality athletes I have seen come out of Westfield), oh it is ok because we are consistent etc etc Fact of the matter is Westfield has not won a real big game since 2007 state championship. No amount of rationalization can change that....go out and win the big game and stop making excuses.

Date: September 28, 2015 04:20PM

Westfield chokies Wrote:
> Fact of the matter is Westfield has not won a real big game
> since 2007 state championship.

Rubbish. I would say coming from behind in the 4th quarter on the road in the regional semi-finals two years ago against a 12-0 Lake Braddock team led by a D1 QB counts as a big win.

Posted by: rationalizer ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:51PM

Sorry Rydell Road, then they lost again in the NR finals like always. I almost got close to see the pope last week, does not make me holy.

And by the way Caleb Henderson is the epitome of choke artist. All talk during the season and zippo to show for it.

Posted by: true that ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:58PM

yep it is time to call out the Westfield apologists.....any dixie cupping this past weekend?

Date: September 28, 2015 05:03PM

rationalizer Wrote:
> Sorry Rydell Road, then they lost again in the NR
> finals like always.

Thanks for pointing that out - I was unaware. No one ever mentioned that before.

Date: September 28, 2015 05:07PM

Wow I just thought about what the previous poster said. It is true that Westfield has not really won the BIG GAME since way back in 2007. Pushing ten years....BUFFALO BILLS BUFFALO BILLS BUFFALO BILLS BUFFALO BILLS

Date: September 28, 2015 05:07PM

Westfield doesn’t have that big of an enrollment advantage over a lot of Fairfax County 6A schools - the rezoning of 2009 reduced them by 500 almost immediately. Last year’s enrollments:

Robinson 2790
Chantilly 2692 (-98)
Westfield 2682 (-108)
Lake Braddock 2660 (-130)
Fairfax 2573 (-217)
West Potomac 2464 (-326)
Centreville 2436 (-354)
South Lakes 2378 (-412)
Woodson 2359 (-431)
Herndon 2267 (-523)
Oakton 2267 (-523)
West Springfield 2247 (-543)
South County 2114 (-676)
Annandale 2162 (-628)
Madison 2059 (-731)
McLean 2050 (-740)
Langley 1996 (-795)
Hayfield 1992 (-798)
Mount Vernon 1965 (-825)

Posted by: BULL DAWGS ()
Date: September 28, 2015 05:30PM

just screw all of you who say that Westfield are a bunch of chokers....better than any other team out there over the years

Date: September 28, 2015 05:32PM

touchy much?

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: September 28, 2015 06:40PM

Wonder if there is a list of numbers for male student athletes.

Date: September 28, 2015 07:15PM

nufan Wrote:
> Wonder if there is a list of numbers for male
> student athletes.

You can look it up on FCPS website but virtually all fall in the 47%-53% male. I don't recall seeing any outside of that range.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: September 28, 2015 10:04PM

RydellllRoad Wrote:
> Westfield doesn’t have that big of an enrollment
> advantage over a lot of Fairfax County 6A schools
> - the rezoning of 2009 reduced them by 500 almost
> immediately.

True on current enrollments, at this point Westfield has 1000 fewer kids than at its peak. However, redistricting only affected half of Floris or about 250 kids. Around 3/4 of the drop had nothing to do with redistricting. By then, Westfield was already getting smaller due to the aging of Virginia Run and the part of Floris that remained in Westfield.

Last year’s enrollments:
>
> Robinson 2790
> Chantilly 2692 (-98)
> Westfield 2682 (-108)
> Lake Braddock 2660 (-130)
> Fairfax 2573 (-217)
> West Potomac 2464 (-326)
> Centreville 2436 (-354)
> South Lakes 2378 (-412)
> Woodson 2359 (-431)
> Herndon 2267 (-523)
> Oakton 2267 (-523)
> West Springfield 2247 (-543)
> South County 2114 (-676)
> Annandale 2162 (-628)
> Madison 2059 (-731)
> McLean 2050 (-740)
> Langley 1996 (-795)
> Hayfield 1992 (-798)
> Mount Vernon 1965 (-825)

Date: September 28, 2015 11:04PM

There are many great coaching staffs to consider in the region. While the Westfields, Centrevilles, and Lake Braddocks of the world all have good coaching, they also have a few distinct advantages. One being the obvious, high enrollment leading to many more athletes, and two being they have great youth feeder programs where they are getting lots of kids who have played football for years before they even enter the school. That makes a big difference.

To the people above saying Westfield does not have good athletes, are you kidding? Yes, this year, there is less big play players for them, but the region is down so they can get by and will have success. Not one school in Fairfax has had more athletes the past decade or so than Westfield; yes Centreville had the best collection the past couple years and South County has more athletes this year, but every year Westfield is loaded with talent.

I've got a lot of flack over the years for supporting the job Coach Taylor does, but I think he deserves a lot of credit for growing South Lakes' program back up. He expects a lot out of his players, but when they stick to it, the program rises. I also love the job Coach Rowley does at Oakton, that run to states a couple years ago with what he had impressed the hell out of me. They consistently over achieve for what they have.

Date: September 28, 2015 11:08PM

WestfieldDad Wrote:

> Westfield has 1000 fewer kids than at its peak.
> However, redistricting only affected half of
> Floris or about 250 kids.

1000? Westfield was between 3200-3300 in 2007 at their max.

Posted by: Coaches ()
Date: September 29, 2015 08:45AM

There are a lot of solid staffs in the NR, but there are also a number of choke artists when it comes to championship caliber games.

While WF has a staff full of head coaches, both past and present, they do underachieve unless they have future NFL player on their roster. Enrollment doesn't really matter when it comes to success, 3000 kids is nice, but if 2950 of them are awful it doesn't really help your program.

Schools like LB, WF, and CV have quality athletes, but aren't always dominate when it counts, so coaching has to be the only other option to blame if you ask me (look at CV this year.)

Schools that don't get a ton of respect like Soco, WS, and come concord teams are constantly competing and no one realizes that because they are so focused on the top teams in the area. Soco is a contender, their resume thus far is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Cheers to Coach Pannoni and his staff for bringing an average Soco program to the respected team they are today. Quality kids who are strong and compete every week. That is a program worth mentioning if you ask me!! Also, Coach Eldredge and WS's staff for taking a once proud program back to a respected program who continues to compete every year.

It's time to jump off of the WF and CV train and start respecting these other teams, they deserve the and have earned everyone's respect! I'm still a believer in if Soco can figure out their defensive problems, they are going to be the team this year.

Posted by: Yep right ()
Date: September 29, 2015 08:56AM

What kind of pot are you smoking once S. County wins some NR championships and state championships like Cville and Westfield then you can pop off. By the way Pannoni almost single-handedly killed the Cville program back in the day

Posted by: Yo Stupid ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:17AM

Taking over an established winner is not great coaching. In the history of WF they have won two regions. Haddock has won 3 of the last 4....he had talent but he won! Now he has to really coach. Still, he took over from Pannoni/Skinner which is the crew that won the 1st title. Oak staff took over from a winner.
Crappy programs that emerged, LB, CHan, Both in multiple region games yearly. Riddle destroyed both of these. 2 programs rising from the ashes WS, maybe Robinson and WP.
Let's see what the WF staff would do at Fairfax. Send Haddock back and he is just another name. Send Rowley to Annandale. Get the point

Posted by: Don't smoke ()
Date: September 29, 2015 10:10AM

Yep right Wrote:
> What kind of pot are you smoking once S. County
> wins some NR championships and state championships
> like Cville and Westfield then you can pop off.
> By the way Pannoni almost single-handedly killed
> the Cville program back in the day

I'm sure is you ask players like Manny Smith, Ken, Chase Walter and other CV players that Pannoni played as freshman if he ruined it, you would hear otherwise. Most would think those were rebuilding years that laid the foundation for a average coach like Haddock to come in and show off.

Now that the CV all-star teams has moved on, we are really seeing the ability of Haddock and his staff. Let's see who's more successful now that the foundation team Pannoni built at CV has left, as opposed to the program he's building at Soco. Imagine if CV would of had patience with Pannoni, and gave him the opportunity to build a program and not a three year winner. That is the pot I'm smoking, it's called reality weed!!

Posted by: smoking Pannoni ()
Date: September 29, 2015 10:32AM

Looks like you have been smoking something else. Until Baloney fixes the Defense and stops his onside kicks giving teams field position at 50 yard line almost every time SOCO will continue to be what it is - a wannabe poser. People can rag on WField and Cville all they want but they have done it with multiple state championships. SOCO, LB, Springfield have not. Simple fact suckas.

Posted by: they deserve credit ()
Date: September 29, 2015 11:07AM

coach eldridge coach pannoni and coach poythress are some of the best coaches in the area.. they are consistently contenders w/o the 2700+ kids that some of the concorde teams have. Soco was a d5 team just 3 years ago and they are over achieving if you ask me. Their OC is one of the best in the states as they are consistently one of the highest scoring teams in the state. Eldridge turned that WS program around as it was heading downhill with biddison, ppl questioned the move from bball to fball but it has worked out. Poythress is always a contender at LB year after year.. give credit where credit is due. Haddock is overrated and rowley at oakton is underated.

Posted by: credit comes ()
Date: September 29, 2015 01:12PM

Credit comes when you actually win something big

Date: September 29, 2015 01:39PM

I think even Muran could coach and win with the talent Centerville had the last 2 years.Walter, AJ Turner, Justin S the giant OLman that is starting at Vandy as a freshman right now, Wiggins, Boose, Tutt,Love ETC several other better than average players. Now they are gone if LB beats Centerville this week that will be 3 straight losses and the coach now looks like he may be a little over rated. Westfield will also probably beat Centerville. In reality the coach is probably pretty good but to win you also need a few really good players that play as a team.

Posted by: Coach observer ()
Date: September 29, 2015 02:01PM

Haddock is an offensive coach. He had two returning offensive starters. He has the offense playing pretty well. Averaging about 30 Points a game, if they had not suffered through a bad turn over issue early this season that avg would be closer to 40 pts a game.

The defense is another story. Let's see if the coaches on that side of the ball can fix the problem. At the end of the day Head Coach has to have the last say and its clear they need help on defense.

Posted by: championships boy ()
Date: September 29, 2015 04:26PM

championships rule all the rest is static

Posted by: Richard Rank Em ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:24PM

VHSL power points out...

D6 1 South County 2 Braddock 3 West Springfield 4 Westfield 5 Chantilly 6 South

Lakes 7 Battlefield 8 Madison 9 Oakton 10 Centreville 11 Robinson 12 Hayfield

D5 1 Massaponex 2 Mountain View 3 Broad Run 4 Tuscarora 14 Marshall

Yes, Marshall is currently the 14 seed. Broad Run - we are going to kick your country asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dick Rank ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:37PM

Dick stankem, stick to the back door, Broad Run wins by 35 if they keep their starters in until half....

Posted by: Stark... Ned ()
Date: September 29, 2015 10:25PM

Who has Broad Run played? No one! We have quality wins over McLean and Edison - both by double digits! We are going to smack up whatever team they put in front of us in the 1st round this year!

Posted by: LOLZ ()
Date: September 29, 2015 10:55PM

Broad Run beat Potomac Falls by 21 ( Potomac Fa;;s' only loss!)
They beat Wakefield and Langley, by 34 AND 24 respectively.
Then they hammered Centreville by 35 before beating Briar Woods in a rivalry game.

Didn't you just get smacked down by Potomac Falls?

Silly Statesmen, tricks are for kids!

Posted by: conf 7 guy ()
Date: September 29, 2015 11:03PM

Richard Rank Em Wrote:
> VHSL power points out...
>
> D6 1 South County 2 Braddock 3 West Springfield 4
> Westfield 5 Chantilly 6 South
>
> Lakes 7 Battlefield 8 Madison 9 Oakton 10
> Centreville 11 Robinson 12 Hayfield
>
>
> D5 1 Massaponex 2 Mountain View 3 Broad Run
> 4 Tuscarora 14 Marshall
>
>
> Yes, Marshall is currently the 14 seed. Broad Run
> - we are going to kick your country
> asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess again. TThese are the rankings/powerpoints

South County 6A 6A North District 7 4 0 0 1 0 0 30.25000
Lake Braddock 6A 6A North District 7 4 0 0 2 0 0 29.75000
West Springfield 6A 6A North District 7 3 1 0 1 1 0 26.25000
Westfield 6A 6A North District 5 3 1 0 0 0 0 26.25000
Chantilly 6A 6A North District 5 3 1 0 1 0 0 25.00000
South Lakes 6A 6A North District 6 3 1 0 2 0 0 24.75000
Battlefield 6A 6A North Cardinal 3 2 0 3 0 0 24.60000
West Potomac 6A 6A North District 7 3 1 0 0 1 0 24.50000
Madison, James 6A 6A North District 6 3 1 0 2 0 0 24.25000
Oakton 6A 6A North District 5 2 2 0 0 1 0 24.00000
Centreville 6A 6A North District 5 2 2 0 0 0 0 23.50000
Robinson, James 6A 6A North District 5 2 2 0 1 0 0 23.25000
Hayfield 6A 6A North District 6 2 2 0 1 0 0 22.75000
Yorktown 6A 6A North District 6 2 2 0 1 1 0 22.25000
Williams, T.C. 6A 6A North District 7 2 2 0 1 0 0 22.00000
Annandale 6A 6A North District 7 2 2 0 1 1 0 21.75000

Posted by: We Are Marshall! ()
Date: September 29, 2015 11:08PM

I was talking about D5 power points!!!!!!!!

.. So was the guy who posted Marshall currently being in a playoff slot in D5.

Posted by: conf 7 guy ()
Date: September 29, 2015 11:50PM

The point is, what you posted for D6 was wrong. there is no confidence that you got it right on D5 either.

Posted by: Excuses ()
Date: September 30, 2015 09:26AM

Coach observer Wrote:
> Haddock is an offensive coach. He had two
> returning offensive starters. He has the offense
> playing pretty well. Averaging about 30 Points a
> game, if they had not suffered through a bad turn
> over issue early this season that avg would be
> closer to 40 pts a game.
>
> The defense is another story. Let's see if the
> coaches on that side of the ball can fix the
> problem. At the end of the day Head Coach has to
> have the last say and its clear they need help on
> defense.

Stop making excuses and build some depth!

Posted by: Muran ()
Date: September 30, 2015 09:28AM

I'm sure Muran has some great insight on the above topics regarding coaching in the NR...

Posted by: Bulldog23 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 10:14AM

Any chance storm cancels games Friday?

Posted by: Conf 7 guy ()
Date: September 30, 2015 11:01AM

Bulldog23 Wrote:
> Any chance storm cancels games Friday?

Only if there's lightning.

Some of the grass fields out in Loudon may postpone, but turf in Fairfax will be good to go as long as there's no lightning.

Posted by: Muran Back ()
Date: September 30, 2015 11:14AM

Muran back round eyes,

Risten Muran, hokay? Rook, best coach make remonade of remons den serve to same people say you suck. Round eye say "who this best coach Muran?" Muran say prayoff will tell who round eye, prayoff will tell. This Haddock, he man with mark on foe-head? He nice guy i guess but no win as goo with-out Ayyy-jay turner no? Mayyyyyy-be he turn tings around mayyyy-be no, we will see round eyes.

Muran

Posted by: Who and the hell ()
Date: September 30, 2015 12:16PM

Muran Back Wrote:
> Muran back round eyes,
>
> Risten Muran, hokay? Rook, best coach make
> remonade of remons den serve to same people say
> you suck. Round eye say "who this best coach
> Muran?" Muran say prayoff will tell who round eye,
> prayoff will tell. This Haddock, he man with mark
> on foe-head? He nice guy i guess but no win as goo
> with-out Ayyy-jay turner no? Mayyyyyy-be he turn
> tings around mayyyy-be no, we will see round eyes.
>
>
> Muran

Who and they hell is this guy?

Pages: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516All...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.