HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112All...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: NR Insider ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:07PM

suck at the teat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the DeMatha coaches are just a bunch of
> gangsta wannabes

Why? Because they're black? What an ignorant statement. Maybe they just enjoy coaching and mentoring youth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dematha ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:12PM

Actually, in watching the game yesterday, there were some white coaches on the DM sideline.

I just wonder how many of these coaches are looking ahead to a college coaching gig where they can wrangle a position at an FBS program in exchange for convincing one of their 19-20 year old charges to attend the school.

Posted by: Ginger Bread ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:13PM

I could have sworn Nick O'Leary was on the Dematha sideline...way to represent the Gingers!

Posted by: who gives a flick ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:14PM

Who gives a shit about private school, recruiting based football. EFF Dematha and all schools like them, ruin the sport at the high school level. Just look at basketball, NOVA high school basketball nothing like it used to be as all good players go to private schools.

Posted by: scanlon's friend ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:15PM

Scanlon wanting to play QB - given his D1 basketball opportunities - is curious. Under the assumption that the QB position is more injury prone than WR, especially at the HS level, it's interesting that he wants to play QB. One bad hit, and he can miss his basketball season.

I agree that he's more of a threat as a WR, but with Scoville graduating, maybe Simmons and co has no choice. Given their D, they'll be a force regardless.

Posted by: Scanlons enemies ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:23PM

Scanlon is an athlete and the fact that he wants to play football given his obvious basketball talents is a testament to him..as stated earlier if Johnson can't step up, Scanlon gets the reps...what you see now will be totally different week 7 or 8. As for the Defense, they have a lot of work to do..no depth on line, which makes for tired gap fillers which makes for a line backing corp taking on more blocks than they are accustomed to. An inexperienced secondary as we'll...fortunately they will make adjustments..not with out growing pains...

Posted by: Metzfan ()
Date: August 30, 2015 02:02PM

Scanlons enemies Wrote:
> Scanlon is an athlete and the fact that he wants
> to play football given his obvious basketball
> talents is a testament to him..as stated earlier
> if Johnson can't step up, Scanlon gets the
> reps...what you see now will be totally different
> week 7 or 8. As for the Defense, they have a lot
> of work to do..no depth on line, which makes for
> tired gap fillers which makes for a line backing
> corp taking on more blocks than they are
> accustomed to. An inexperienced secondary as
> we'll...fortunately they will make
> adjustments..not with out growing pains...

Westfield always figures it out. They will be good regardless. Other than the Glennons, who are outliers at the position, Westfield always finds a great athlete who plays excellent QB (Scoville, Mullins, Pisarcik, Fenyak) and gives them a chance to win. Scanlon will fall right in line with those guys.

Posted by: Oakton fan ()
Date: August 30, 2015 02:47PM

Westfield has the best coaching staff in the region. As an Oakton fan, I have looked at their seasons in awe. Even in down years, they manage to put it together and compete for the region title year after year. Incredible.

Posted by: Wuck them ()
Date: August 30, 2015 03:33PM

Wuck Festfield. Biggest enrollment around so can field 100s of players each year, talent pool just as good or better than any school (except Centreville recently) and still last four years they have choked. Call a spade a spade boys.

Posted by: Annandale LB ()
Date: August 30, 2015 04:26PM

Scanlon is going to have an imprint of my facemask on his check Friday night

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: August 30, 2015 05:05PM

Wuck them Wrote:
> Wuck Festfield. Biggest enrollment around so can
> field 100s of players each year

That was a few years ago. Last year they had the 3rd largest enrollment in FCPS. They will have continued declining enrollment - I expect several additional high schools to overtake them in enrollment numbers this year.

Stupid argument anyway. Lot's of huge schools don't have a decent football program. Doesn't have that much to do with it.

Posted by: Don't worry ()
Date: August 30, 2015 05:17PM

Not sure what the one post about Westfield's defense was referring to about having a lot of work to do. They've got 7 starters returning, couple other kids who played a bit in reserve mode last year. Enough depth on the line compared to just about every other team out there. Probably one of the best linebackers in the region. Top that off with probably one of the best defensive coordinators in the region as well. Think they"ll be alright, played fairly well against Dematha and we all kniw hiw good the Stags are. Against Quince Orchard Westfield's starting D gave up 14 points, 7 of those set up by Scanlon's fumble inside their own redzone. The secondary does need a little work but they'll figure it out, always do. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more blitzing from the LB's this year to help with opposing teams that want to air it out. Only time Westfield did it last year was in the Lake Braddock playoff game, was extremely effective.

Posted by: Annandale dip shit ()
Date: August 30, 2015 08:47PM

You wonder why Annandales program Sucks....you idiots don't play Westfield you moron...you are probably on the freshman team and you will be grateful as such after the Ass whoopin Centreville delivers you...and for the Record it's spelled Cheek, not Check

Posted by: Cat Nation ()
Date: August 30, 2015 08:54PM

Westfeilds defense is very questionable...Secondary will get torched by most passing teams...the Linebackers are only as good as the guys in front of them..and besides Aiello...there Front is week...which means helmets on the second level...Annapolis and that ship will sail on Clancy after he can't shed a block....

Date: August 30, 2015 10:03PM

You must not watch many Westfield games, they've got more than just one decent lineman. They also are more than capable of pressuring a passing team, ask Lake Braddock. It may have been last year but since 7 startes are returning on D they'll be okay. Wouldn't worry about their LB's either, seen Clancy shed plenty of blocks. Navy obviously has to since they as well as other schools offered him a football scholarship. But good luck with your logic!

Date: August 31, 2015 11:43AM

Don't worry Wrote:
> You must not watch many Westfield games, they've
> got more than just one decent lineman. They also
> are more than capable of pressuring a passing
> team, ask Lake Braddock. It may have been last
> year but since 7 startes are returning on D
> they'll be okay.

Defensive line has the potential to be a weak spot. Brandon Flores-Lopez had a monster year last year and he will be missed. Seems like Chris Leo might be playing OL this year. If so, that’s a lot of toughness and experience to replace. But then again Flores-Lopez pretty much came from nowhere in 2014 so perhaps someone else is in the pipeline to do it again this year.

Date: August 31, 2015 12:35PM

Don't worry Wrote:
> You must not watch many Westfield games, they've
> got more than just one decent lineman. They also
> are more than capable of pressuring a passing
> team, ask Lake Braddock. It may have been last
> year but since 7 startes are returning on D
> they'll be okay.

Defensive line has the potential to be a weak spot. Brandon Flores-Lopez had a monster year last year and he will be missed. Seems like Chris Leo might be playing OL this year. If so, that’s a lot of toughness and experience to replace. But then again Flores-Lopez pretty much came from nowhere in 2014 so perhaps someone else is in the pipeline to do it again this year.

The one constant it seems at schools like Westfield, Centreville, Stone Bridge, Briar Woods, etc. is every year there's a wave of players to reload. Of course this happens everywhere but there are just those programs that are capable of replacing kids and staying consistent as far aw winning programs.

Leo is playing D line, experimented early with O but decided to keep him where he played last year. Lutz is another big strong kid paired with Leo at line, Aiello at one end position, Jewell at the other. Aiello and Leo returning starters, Jewell actually started 4 or 5 games last year, Lutz played a ton as well. Then they've got a few back-ups along the D line with size and ability.

If there is a weakness it will be the secondary, gone are Gibson and Moore, 3 year starters. That's why I just think you'll see Westfield implement more of an attack mode when playing teams that like to air it out. Put pressure on opponents QB's and not allow your secondary to be picked on.

Posted by: Wuck them ()
Date: August 31, 2015 01:45PM

Wuck Festfield

Posted by: Rigdon ()
Date: August 31, 2015 02:21PM

Did not expect Battlefield to beat Hylton 28-0 last Friday.

Date: August 31, 2015 02:34PM

Rigdon Wrote:
> Did not expect Battlefield to beat Hylton 28-0
> last Friday.

That was a surprise. Slade only had about 30 yards rushing. Battlefield goes to the front of the line in 6A North.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: August 31, 2015 02:37PM

Both teams overrated. Hylton was playing a third string qb. Had several starters not playing.

Posted by: wrong again ()
Date: August 31, 2015 02:45PM

No, Battlefield does not go to the front of the line. Westfield and Lake Braddock are right now at the top and Centreville and SOCO nipping at the heels. I think that Battlefield although good then comes in a clump with West Springfield around 5th or 6th best in the North (at least when it comes to 6A teams). Will be interesting to see what happens when the 5A Loudon teams play the 6A Fairfax County teams, will tell a lot. Starts this week with Briar Woods and SOCO, continues later in the year with other matchups.

One thing that everyone continuously does on this site is take one game and thing the whole world has changed, patience, the cream will rise.

Date: August 31, 2015 03:16PM

Ah, yes, you are probably correct but the current PowerPoint standings for 6A North would be:

Battlefield 26
Patriot 25
Osbourn Park 15
Stonewall Jackson 15
Osbourn 14

Posted by: NOVAdude ()
Date: August 31, 2015 03:32PM

It's still August. Too early to be filling out our 6A playoff brackets now.

The previous Westfield post that referenced Gibson and Moore - their long-time secondary studs. I know Gibson is at West Point. Is Moore playing in college?

Posted by: Dont say never ()
Date: August 31, 2015 04:16PM

Its never too early to fill out the 6A North bracket; I already have SoCo leaving in second round after picking themselves to go all the way.

Posted by: NOVAdude ()
Date: August 31, 2015 04:25PM

Okay, you win. Never too early to be talking about the inevitable early SoCo exit!

Posted by: soco sux and so does LB ()
Date: August 31, 2015 04:49PM

Westfield or Centreville to win the North. The Patriot league always punks out.....stick with the ole Concorde, it will do you just fine

Date: August 31, 2015 04:52PM

The previous Westfield post that referenced Gibson and Moore - their long-time secondary studs. I know Gibson is at West Point. Is Moore playing in college?

Moore is playing at a DII school, some FCS schools were interested grades weren't there.

Gibson is at West Point, he apparently even has a chance to start as a freshman this year.

Posted by: chokies ()
Date: August 31, 2015 07:25PM

South county, Lake Braddock, Westfield are all cookies

Posted by: Summer school ()
Date: August 31, 2015 07:37PM

I believe Moore is at Shepherd. All the Battlefield victory proves is none of us know what we are talking about including the Post...week 7 or 8 will separate the good, bad and ugly once we are in "District" play

Posted by: SL1978 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 08:46PM

Why isn't there more buzz around South Lakes? They dominated Oakton and Woodson in their scrimmages... They'll win at least 7 games this year.

Posted by: Thomas Jefferson 2000 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 09:07PM

South Lakes....Really...Oakton got nothing, woodson oh man...let them beat TJ and then the buzz can begin!

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: August 31, 2015 09:09PM

steve k2* Wrote:

Thanks for jumping in with your usual picks!

> Chantilly (-10.0) @ W.T. Woodson
> *Woodson is on the rise, look for them to be one
> of the most improved teams this year. This
> won’t be the typical 5 touchdown win Chantilly
> has had against Woodson the past few years.
> Chantilly has a little more depth and Woodson’s
> defense still isn’t at a high enough level.

I think Chantilly will win by at least 17 - I really just don't see this as a 10 point game.

> Hayfield (-20.0) @ Edison

> Herndon @ Fairfax (-6.5)

I would bet Fairfax wins by 10+

> West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)

> Westfield (-40.0) @ Washington-Lee

> Briar Woods @ South County (-7.0)
> *This will be a game worth keeping an eye on as it
> is the first of many Fairfax-Loudoun showdowns.
> Briar Woods lost a tough opener to Tuscarora last
> night and now has another tough matchup this
> week.

This would be my game of the week. I would look for BW to win this one.

> Broad Run (-14.0) @ Wakefield

I would predict Broad Run by 21+

> Centreville (-31.0) @ Annandale

> Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Lee

I think LB will win by 35.

> Madison (-1.0) @ Oakton
> *This is the closest on paper this matchup has
> been in a while. I imagine it will be a good
> game.

I predict a Madison win.

> McLean @ Stone Bridge (-28.0)

> Robinson @ West Springfield (-6.0)
> *This game could really go either way with two
> above average teams. Another great game to
> consider Friday night.

A toss-up for me. No idea who will win this one, but will pick Robinson.

>South Lakes (-10.0) @ Marshall

> Stuart @ Mount Vernon (-7.0)
> *The good news is one of these teams will get a
> win, which they will be few and hard to come by
> this year.

> TC Williams (-35.0) @ Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Phil Meup ()
Date: August 31, 2015 09:20PM

That's racist.gif

Posted by: Monkeybars ()
Date: August 31, 2015 09:41PM

It's going to be a great season. Can't wait.

Posted by: bonkeymars ()
Date: September 01, 2015 06:36AM

It is going to be a crappy season. Really would rather wait.

Posted by: Travelrocks ()
Date: September 01, 2015 09:23AM

nufan Wrote:
> Both teams overrated. Hylton was playing a third
> string qb. Had several starters not playing.

It sounds like Hylton has little depth this season.

Posted by: Friday night ()
Date: September 01, 2015 09:59AM

SC v briarwoods is going to be a great game. SC is physical and has speed at the skill positions. BW will always be stout. However I don't think they have started 0-2 yet (at least not recently). SC is usually strong early in the year so they have my pick.

Originally I thought Robinson v WS were both going to be really good. They both may get better throughout the year but not sure they will challenge for the northern region. Robinson has looked bad in both of their scrimmages. I think WS will take it by 14.

Rest of the games seem self-explanatory. Chattily/Woodson shouldn't be close but Woodson will put some points on the board.

Posted by: Conf 7 guy ()
Date: September 01, 2015 11:19AM

> West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)

West Po wins by 10. QB Ellis throws for 260.

> TC Williams (-35.0) @ Thomas Jefferson

TC doesn't cover this spread. TJ'll outsmart 'em.

> Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Lee

LB covers this easily. They may need new bulbs for the Lee scoreboard.

> Centreville (-31.0) @ Annandale

It won't be this close. Centreville covers easily.

> Briar Woods @ South County (-7.0)

Briar Woods wins a squeaker here.

> Chantilly (-10.0) @ W.T. Woodson

Woodson shocks everyone including themselves.

> Robinson @ West Springfield (-6.0)

W. Springfield wins by 14

Posted by: Just sayin' ()
Date: September 01, 2015 11:32AM

TC will cover the TJ spread by halftime.

This is the start of a new day at TCW. They are a well coached team now with kids that want to play.

I saw them last week put a very serious hurt on both Hayfield and Lee.

They put up 42 on Lee in two quarters playing everyone on their bench, and Lee didn't make a single first down. TCW kids are playing hard but still at least a year away from making a big move on the region.

Posted by: Conf 6 dad ()
Date: September 01, 2015 11:46AM

I haven't heard anyone mention Langley as a dark horse. They lost a RB to graduation but have most of the 0-line (big as usual) and qb returning. A lot of people seem to like Madison as the dark horse but I'm not sold on them. They have a very good qb but it doesn't appear they have enough around him, particularly on D, to challenge for the conference title.

Saw the SL/Woodson scrimmage and while a few SLer's are going a bit overboard on the expectaions they should be much improved this year. The sophmore qb isn't very big but very elusive as a rb and very good at making quick reads and accurate throws. Only a sophmore though so he'll have a steep learning curve going from the freshman team to varsity but going somewhere between 4-6 to 6-4 is a realistic possibility.

Date: September 01, 2015 12:20PM

Just sayin' Wrote:
> They put up 42 on Lee in two quarters playing
> everyone on their bench, and Lee didn't make a
> single first down. TCW kids are playing hard but
> still at least a year away from making a big move
> on the region.

That says more about Lee than TC, to me. It's going to be a looooong season for the Lancers.

Posted by: Just Sayin' ()
Date: September 01, 2015 12:29PM

Might very well be a long year for the Lancers, but TCW will beat some folks this year that will raise some eyebrows.

My money says they will beat Oakton in week 2, for instance.
(Before getting thrashed by Westfield in week 3)

Posted by: Con-man ()
Date: September 01, 2015 10:20PM

Why is Falls Church and Yorktown playing DC schools this week? Is this a new trend?

Posted by: Spartan Pride ()
Date: September 01, 2015 10:30PM

WSHS 42
Robo 7

Blow out city. You heard it here 1st!!

Posted by: Concorde Pride ()
Date: September 02, 2015 06:55AM

Well hold on there little Spartan; all Concorde team are superior no matter what. Robinson will be the one blowing out Patriot teams.

Posted by: concorde sux ()
Date: September 02, 2015 08:56AM

concorde on the way down busta

Posted by: Joe Dirte ()
Date: September 02, 2015 10:02AM

Concorde has dominated since the 80s dude
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Liberty Dad ()
Date: September 02, 2015 10:36AM

Conf 6 dad Wrote:
> I haven't heard anyone mention Langley as a dark
> horse. They lost a RB to graduation but have most
> of the 0-line (big as usual) and qb returning. A
> lot of people seem to like Madison as the dark
> horse but I'm not sold on them. They have a very
> good qb but it doesn't appear they have enough
> around him, particularly on D, to challenge for
> the conference title.
>
> Saw the SL/Woodson scrimmage and while a few
> SLer's are going a bit overboard on the
> expectaions they should be much improved this
> year. The sophmore qb isn't very big but very
> elusive as a rb and very good at making quick
> reads and accurate throws. Only a sophmore though
> so he'll have a steep learning curve going from
> the freshman team to varsity but going somewhere
> between 4-6 to 6-4 is a realistic possibility.

Langley always has big lines, and that goes a long way towards having a good team.

Do you think Langley should be the Conference 6/Liberty favorite? Most are talking about Hayfield or Yorktown, but I'm not sold on them, either.

Posted by: SOCO NATION ()
Date: September 02, 2015 01:21PM

SOCO will be the team to beat this year

Date: September 02, 2015 01:28PM

SOCO NATION Wrote:
> SOCO will be the team to beat this year

And Briar Woods will likely oblige on Friday night.

Posted by: Cal Norton ()
Date: September 02, 2015 02:58PM

Liberty Dad Wrote:
> Conf 6 dad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I haven't heard anyone mention Langley as a
> dark
> > horse. They lost a RB to graduation but have
> most
> > of the 0-line (big as usual) and qb returning.
> A
> > lot of people seem to like Madison as the dark
> > horse but I'm not sold on them. They have a
> very
> > good qb but it doesn't appear they have enough
> > around him, particularly on D, to challenge for
> > the conference title.
> >
> > Saw the SL/Woodson scrimmage and while a few
> > SLer's are going a bit overboard on the
> > expectaions they should be much improved this
> > year. The sophmore qb isn't very big but very
> > elusive as a rb and very good at making quick
> > reads and accurate throws. Only a sophmore
> though
> > so he'll have a steep learning curve going from
> > the freshman team to varsity but going
> somewhere
> > between 4-6 to 6-4 is a realistic possibility.
>
> Langley always has big lines, and that goes a long
> way towards having a good team.
>
> Do you think Langley should be the Conference
> 6/Liberty favorite? Most are talking about
> Hayfield or Yorktown, but I'm not sold on them,
> either.

Hayfield is the favorite. Yorktown is close behind. W-L has the momentum of building on the past few successful seasons, but I heard key players are injured right now. Hayfield, Yorktown and W-L were the strongest teams in the old National District and each have won district titles in recent years. Langley is likely up there with Yorktown. Same with Madison from what I hear. Liberty Conference 6 should be interesting because it is so hard to predict.

Posted by: Conf 6 dad ()
Date: September 02, 2015 03:17PM

Liberty Dad Wrote:
> Conf 6 dad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I haven't heard anyone mention Langley as a
> dark
> > horse. They lost a RB to graduation but have
> most
> > of the 0-line (big as usual) and qb returning.
> A
> > lot of people seem to like Madison as the dark
> > horse but I'm not sold on them. They have a
> very
> > good qb but it doesn't appear they have enough
> > around him, particularly on D, to challenge for
> > the conference title.
> >
> > Saw the SL/Woodson scrimmage and while a few
> > SLer's are going a bit overboard on the
> > expectaions they should be much improved this
> > year. The sophmore qb isn't very big but very
> > elusive as a rb and very good at making quick
> > reads and accurate throws. Only a sophmore
> though
> > so he'll have a steep learning curve going from
> > the freshman team to varsity but going
> somewhere
> > between 4-6 to 6-4 is a realistic possibility.
>
> Langley always has big lines, and that goes a long
> way towards having a good team.
>
> Do you think Langley should be the Conference
> 6/Liberty favorite? Most are talking about
> Hayfield or Yorktown, but I'm not sold on them,
> either.

I also think Hayfield is the Conf 6/Liberty favorite but think Langley is a good a bet as any to finish 2nd. I think Yorktown will be down some this year due to a combo of graduations and adjusting to D6. As mentioned above this is a hard conference to predict though.

Posted by: madison fan ()
Date: September 02, 2015 05:01PM

Come on out to Oakton HS this Friday with the Gameday Magazine crew and watch the Warhawks put a whupping on the pansies from Oakton. One point spread? Heck no, we expect to win by 20.

Bye, bye Cougars!

Posted by: Madison Dad ()
Date: September 02, 2015 06:41PM

what about the Cougar Moms? I heard they're pretty tough

Posted by: Cougar Mommie ()
Date: September 02, 2015 08:08PM

I am tough to crack

Posted by: Huskiefan ()
Date: September 02, 2015 09:03PM

Go you Huskies

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: September 02, 2015 10:03PM

Because of the Redskins contribution to their new turf field I went to the Park View (Sterling) vs. Manassas Park game last week.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/08/28/skins-donation-supports-park-views-new-field/71311934/

It was a fun evening – for those who remember - Park View was once a fairly strong small school football program:

District Champions: 1978, 1980, 1891, 1983, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006
Region Champions: 1980, 1988, 1994, 1999, 2000
State Runner-Up: 1980, 1999, 2000
State Champions: 1988

They have fallen on hard times lately - their last 3 seasons were 0-10, 2-8 and 0-10.

Manassas Park also had some good football seasons in the past. They were 14-0 and won the state 2A title in 2004. Their last 3 seasons were 8-4, 2-8, 1-9.

I read a lot of folks complaining about immigrants not assimilating to US culture- but both teams had a lot of Hispanic/Latino players. Park View had 54 players on their roster – 21 had apparent Hispanic names. Manassas Park had 38 players on their roster – 10 had seemingly Hispanic names. So ... the immigrants and/or their kids are playing American football. Perhaps not so well, but I’d call it assimilation.

Park View won 26-21. Was a tremendously sloppy game on both sides E.g. Park View was called for 3 delay of game penalties when punting on 4th down. Including back-to-back delays of game on the same punt attempt. Park View punted on a 3rd down in the first quarter – it made no sense – I think the coach thought it was 4th down.

Manassas Park’s offense had some issues – probably had 10 fumbles in the game. They had either a botched snap or QB mishandle a snap on about 7 different offensive series. They played in the shotgun formation and they killed themselves with bad snaps or QB not catching the snap cleanly. I thought Manassas Park had the better athletes but they just kept digging themselves into holes with ball handling miscues. Both teams kept the refs busy tossing yellow.

WP had a write-up about the game - the Park View QB was the star of the game - had a lot of big runs:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/loudoun-football-notebook-park-view-snaps-skid-champe-tops-woodgrove/2015/08/31/3a3ce10e-4fe5-11e5-933e-7d06c647a395_story.html

Posted by: go WS go ()
Date: September 03, 2015 07:04AM

SPartans all the way

Posted by: Cougar country ()
Date: September 03, 2015 09:30AM

madison fan Wrote:
> Come on out to Oakton HS this Friday with the
> Gameday Magazine crew and watch the Warhawks put a
> whupping on the pansies from Oakton. One point
> spread? Heck no, we expect to win by 20.
>
> Bye, bye Cougars!

Scouting report for the Oakton D line
See attach
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: prediction man ()
Date: September 03, 2015 12:40PM

Briar Woods over South County

Posted by: Be Real ()
Date: September 03, 2015 03:13PM

Stop with the Madison will beat Oakton chatter. No kid at Madison and no kid in college that went to Madison has seen a victory over Oakton. It hasn't happened since 2007. This is not a rivalry, this is straight out ownership. KaBoom!!

Posted by: BMC ()
Date: September 03, 2015 04:51PM

Herndon vs Fairfax guess for tonight

Herndon 21 Fairfax 17

Posted by: Cougar country part two ()
Date: September 03, 2015 06:18PM

Koshuta is going to run all over the Oakton D Line. Cardelli won't know what hit him.

Posted by: Rebelman ()
Date: September 03, 2015 07:54PM

BMC Wrote:
> Herndon vs Fairfax guess for tonight
>
> Herndon 21 Fairfax 17

Game is in a delay for lightning. Scoreless, 37 seconds left in the first quarter. Fairfax is driving, first and then at the Herndon 25

Posted by: Football fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:28AM

Any scores to report from tonight's games?

Posted by: boosters ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:34AM

Football fan Wrote:
> Any scores to report from tonight's games?

Westfield 30 W-L 10

Falls Church 49 Eastern (DC) 6

Posted by: drum major ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:40AM

Con-man Wrote:
> Why is Falls Church and Yorktown playing DC
> schools this week? Is this a new trend?

Yorktown has a tradition of playing a DC school the first week. Now Falls Church wants to do the same thing. It's a guaranteed win.

Posted by: Rebelman ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:43AM

Football fan Wrote:
> Any scores to report from tonight's games?

Fairfax 22, Herndon 0.

Posted by: conf 7 guy ()
Date: September 04, 2015 06:26AM

Conf 7 guy Wrote:
> > West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)
>
> West Po wins by 10. QB Ellis throws for 260.
>

I stand corrected. Ellis threw for about 350.
WestPo wins 41-28

Date: September 04, 2015 07:15AM

Nice win for Fairfax! Since Annandale smacked Fairfax, Centreville may have a test tonight vs. Atoms.

Westfield way over hyped. Pedestrian win at best over WL.

Posted by: h4LEE ()
Date: September 04, 2015 07:33AM

Cougar country part two Wrote:
> Koshuta is going to run all over the Oakton D
> Line. Cardelli won't know what hit him.

Let's hear. How'd it go?

Posted by: BMS ()
Date: September 04, 2015 07:37AM

BMC Wrote:
> Nice win for Fairfax! Since Annandale smacked
> Fairfax, Centreville may have a test tonight vs.
> Atoms.
>
> Westfield way over hyped. Pedestrian win at best
> over WL.

Westfield should be fine. I heard WL beat Annandale in their scrimmage and Annandale is one of the better teams this year. A 50-0 blowout over WL was just not realistic.

Posted by: fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 07:42AM

What happened to the Pre Crowned N 6A champs?
thought they were supposed to win by 6 TDs...
Is W&L a better team or Westfield way over-hyped?

Posted by: Get your facts straight ()
Date: September 04, 2015 07:46AM

Nice win for Fairfax! Since Annandale smacked Fairfax, Centreville may have a test tonight vs. Atoms.

Westfield way over hyped. Pedestrian win at best over WL.

BMC, by looking at your comments I assume you were not at the games. Shouldn't pass judgment based off of a score.

Westfield is a very good team, their defense is going to be a force, special teams as well. Offense, it needs to pick it up, they look rusty.

Westfield was up 20-0 at half, W&L could not move the ball or get a first down against the Bulldogs in the first half. Westfield's offense, that's another subject, looked very sloppy, had way too many penalties, 12 in the first half alone.

Westfield pulled all their defensive starters at half, 2nd then eventually 3rd string players in the entire second half. So don't let the score fool you, it wasn't even close.

Funny though, since their offense was so sloppy the starters for Westfield were left in until the beginning of the 4th quarter. Also, their two top running backs, Pearson and Monticue, did not dress. Both have minor hamstring injuries, coaches saving them for SOCO next Friday.

Posted by: very interesting ()
Date: September 04, 2015 08:29AM

Get your facts straight Wrote:
> Nice win for Fairfax! Since Annandale smacked
> Fairfax, Centreville may have a test tonight vs.
> Atoms.
>
> Westfield way over hyped. Pedestrian win at best
> over WL.
>
> __________________________________________________
> __________________________
>
> BMC, by looking at your comments I assume you were
> not at the games. Shouldn't pass judgment based
> off of a score.
>
> Westfield is a very good team, their defense is
> going to be a force, special teams as well.
> Offense, it needs to pick it up, they look rusty.
>
> Westfield was up 20-0 at half, W&L could not move
> the ball or get a first down against the Bulldogs
> in the first half. Westfield's offense, that's
> another subject, looked very sloppy, had way too
> many penalties, 12 in the first half alone.
>
> Westfield pulled all their defensive starters at
> half, 2nd then eventually 3rd string players in
> the entire second half. So don't let the score
> fool you, it wasn't even close.
>
> Funny though, since their offense was so sloppy
> the starters for Westfield were left in until the
> beginning of the 4th quarter. Also, their two top
> running backs, Pearson and Monticue, did not
> dress. Both have minor hamstring injuries, coaches
> saving them for SOCO next Friday.

I too believe Westfield should be fine and still my pick for the 6A North. But looking at the Post's stats, it looks like both teams didn't have many first downs at all (10 for Westfield and 8 for W-L), and the penalties probably prevented Westfield from scoring more. I also heard that W-L's QB and backup QB were out for the game, and put a WR in the spot. Good for W-L's limited offense that they were able to string something together in the second half.

These early games are always hard to predict and both teams were missing key players on the offense, but the game was still much, much closer than we all expected.

Posted by: C'mon man ()
Date: September 04, 2015 08:44AM

I too believe Westfield should be fine and still my pick for the 6A North. But looking at the Post's stats, it looks like both teams didn't have many first downs at all (10 for Westfield and 8 for W-L), and the penalties probably prevented Westfield from scoring more. I also heard that W-L's QB and backup QB were out for the game, and put a WR in the spot. Good for W-L's limited offense that they were able to string something together in the second half.

These early games are always hard to predict and both teams were missing key players on the offense, but the game was still much, much closer than we all expected.

W&L had their starting QB in there, at least he was the same guy in the scrimmages who started. All of their first downs came in the 2nd half against the entire 2nd and 3rd string Westfield defense. I mean there was not one starter on defense for the Bulldogs in the second half. So those stats are very misleading to say the least.

Westfield's defense is the real deal, W&L just could go nowhere against their starters. That's probably why they were all pulled, that and coaches didn't want any injuries with SOCO coming up.

Westfield did have several 1st downs and a touchdown called back by penalties. The majority of them were holding on the line but seemed ticky-tacky. I think the refs were also trying to knock the rust off too!

Date: September 04, 2015 08:49AM

C'mon man Wrote:

> I think the refs were also trying to
> knock the rust off too!

Man, were you at the WestPo/Langley game too?

That crew was horrible. Even the knucklehead running the clock was having issues.

Posted by: Fri night lights ()
Date: September 04, 2015 09:02AM

WS was up 30-0 at half in the playoffs last year against WL. WL isn't very good. WF may be a little down this year however I thought they looked good in their scrimmage

South county over bw

WS wins big

Posted by: still interesting ()
Date: September 04, 2015 09:08AM

C'mon man Wrote:
> I too believe Westfield should be fine and still
> my pick for the 6A North. But looking at the
> Post's stats, it looks like both teams didn't have
> many first downs at all (10 for Westfield and 8
> for W-L), and the penalties probably prevented
> Westfield from scoring more. I also heard that
> W-L's QB and backup QB were out for the game, and
> put a WR in the spot. Good for W-L's limited
> offense that they were able to string something
> together in the second half.
>
> These early games are always hard to predict and
> both teams were missing key players on the
> offense, but the game was still much, much closer
> than we all expected.
>
> _____________________________
>
> W&L had their starting QB in there, at least he
> was the same guy in the scrimmages who started.
> All of their first downs came in the 2nd half
> against the entire 2nd and 3rd string Westfield
> defense. I mean there was not one starter on
> defense for the Bulldogs in the second half. So
> those stats are very misleading to say the least.
>
> Westfield's defense is the real deal, W&L just
> could go nowhere against their starters. That's
> probably why they were all pulled, that and
> coaches didn't want any injuries with SOCO coming
> up.
>
> Westfield did have several 1st downs and a
> touchdown called back by penalties. The majority
> of them were holding on the line but seemed
> ticky-tacky. I think the refs were also trying to
> knock the rust off too!

I have no dog in this fight and wasn't at the game, but looking at the Wash Post stats and roster, WL's QB should've been Espinoza, and I was told he didn't play at all.

If the kid who threw WL's TD pass in the 4th quarter was the game's QB, the roster says he's actually a WR.

So I'm gonna give W&L a little credit there, for playing w/o a real bona fide QB. At least that what it appears to be.

Date: September 04, 2015 10:02AM

I have no dog in this fight and wasn't at the game, but looking at the Wash Post stats and roster, WL's QB should've been Espinoza, and I was told he didn't play at all.

If the kid who threw WL's TD pass in the 4th quarter was the game's QB, the roster says he's actually a WR.

So I'm gonna give W&L a little credit there, for playing w/o a real bona fide QB. At least that what it appears to be.

It was #1 who was the QB for W&L, he's listed as a QB/WR on their roster. He started the game and played the entire game at QB. He also was the QB in both their scrimmages against Annandale and Chantilly. He is their starting QB, so not sure what the mix up is.

Once again though, TD pass came late in 4th, at that point there were pretty much just Westfield's starting JV defenders in there. That's what Westfield does, varsity games it's the true varsity players and about 20-30 kids who dress and start at the JV level.

That's how they get their underclassmen prepared for the following season at the varsity level. Go to a JV game at Westfield and half the team has a W, other half nothing on their helmets. The kids with the W's are those that also suit up for varsity.

Date: September 04, 2015 10:38AM

Don't doubt that Westfield Defense would completely dominate WL. Also, understand that Westfield would call the dogs off in the 2nd half. Classy team, expect nothing less. But, 6 to 0 at end of 1st Quarter, 20 to 0 at end of 1st half is not anything resembling a top's in the region offense against a team like WL. Don't tell me about missing RB's etc. The oline should be dominating the defense to the point that the 2nd team guys can run at will. I stand by my statement, at this point, they appear over hyped.

Posted by: Losing interest ()
Date: September 04, 2015 10:42AM

C'mon man Wrote:
> I have no dog in this fight and wasn't at the
> game, but looking at the Wash Post stats and
> roster, WL's QB should've been Espinoza, and I was
> told he didn't play at all.
>
> If the kid who threw WL's TD pass in the 4th
> quarter was the game's QB, the roster says he's
> actually a WR.
>
> So I'm gonna give W&L a little credit there, for
> playing w/o a real bona fide QB. At least that
> what it appears to be.
>
> _____________________________
>
> It was #1 who was the QB for W&L, he's listed as a
> QB/WR on their roster. He started the game and
> played the entire game at QB. He also was the QB
> in both their scrimmages against Annandale and
> Chantilly. He is their starting QB, so not sure
> what the mix up is.
>
> Once again though, TD pass came late in 4th, at
> that point there were pretty much just Westfield's
> starting JV defenders in there. That's what
> Westfield does, varsity games it's the true
> varsity players and about 20-30 kids who dress and
> start at the JV level.
>
> That's how they get their underclassmen prepared
> for the following season at the varsity level. Go
> to a JV game at Westfield and half the team has a
> W, other half nothing on their helmets. The kids
> with the W's are those that also suit up for
> varsity.

We all like underdog stories, so I'm giving W&L some credit whether or not they played their starting QB or as point in fact Westfield pulled their starters. That's not the point. It wasn't the blowout we all expected. It's no secret the Liberty teams are no match for the Concorde teams except Herndon. Maybe Hayfield. The expectations are very high for Hayfield and the WL Hayfield matchup should be interesting later in the season."

Posted by: miniRB ()
Date: September 04, 2015 10:44AM

Westfield still adjusting to new players on offense. Gonna take a few games. SoCo has a real shot at an upset next week. B'get Real - Westfield top RB in that game vs W-L is 5'4", 130 lbs. That ain't gonna cut it in the big boy games.

Date: September 04, 2015 10:57AM

Westfield still adjusting to new players on offense. Gonna take a few games. SoCo has a real shot at an upset next week. B'get Real - Westfield top RB in that game vs W-L is 5'4", 130 lbs. That ain't gonna cut it in the big boy games.

Yep, you said it, and having Monticue or Pearson would make a huge difference. Pearson is a legit player, next to their LB going to Navy, he's the only D1 level football player on the team.

Westfield has no running game without either one of these two kids. The 5'4 kid has a lot of heart but only started cause he's a senior. They played another kid, think a sophomore, much better results. As a matter of fact when he took over is when they started moving the ball.

But the main issue was the penalties, Westfield just had far too many in the first half, all on the offense. There was definitely one, maybe two TD's called back. On a handful of other plays they had huge chunks of yardage erased due to the yellow flags.

The o-line definitely needs to step it up, can't play that sloppy against SOCO or anyone else on their schedule and not expect to get upset. Fortunately Westfield has a phenomenal kicker/punter, and a stout defense. The majority of their special team players are also defensive starters.

Posted by: concorde fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:13PM

Only Westfield can win by almost three TDs and internet trolls are all set to say they are overhyped. A win is a win.

And I am not a Westfield fan. My team plays Madison tonight at Oakton. Westfield is the favorite unless proven otherwise.

Next week's game against SoCo should be epic.

Date: September 04, 2015 12:15PM

Penalties no big deal. Westfield always get boatload of them against lesser teams. Refs like to handicap the game. Happens all the time. won't be so lopsided against even competition.

Date: September 04, 2015 12:35PM

Concorde fan, why would Westfield be the favorite until proven otherwise? Are they the defending champ or is it based on hype??

Just curious as to your logic.

Date: September 04, 2015 01:04PM

BMC Wrote:
> Concorde fan, why would Westfield be the favorite
> until proven otherwise? Are they the defending
> champ

Actually, they are the defending concord District champions. Centreville did knock them off in the regional final but W'fld did win the regular season title.

Posted by: Concorde fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 01:18PM

BMC, their success year and year out is what makes them the team to beat.

If they lose to SoCo, we can revisit that assumption. They have the best coaching staff, and they usually trot out the most kids, and every year, with different personnel, they are competing for the region title. Centreville has been good lately, true, but before the Ken Ekanem era (pre-2010), they had sub-500 seasons. Other teams have had good 1-3 year runs (Oakton, Robinson, Langley, LB, etc) but year after year, the consistency of Westfield has won out. I tip my hat to them.

Posted by: wuck festfield ()
Date: September 04, 2015 01:34PM

wuck em

Posted by: Steve17 ()
Date: September 04, 2015 01:53PM

I think Soco beats Briar Woods tonight despite losing most of their big D line. Mike sals throws well and can get out of the backfield for some decent gains. Dont see them losing this one

Posted by: storm fields ()
Date: September 04, 2015 02:03PM

IS it supposed to rain tonight?

Posted by: look at the weather ()
Date: September 04, 2015 02:11PM

Look at the weather forecast dumbass

Date: September 04, 2015 02:20PM

Concorde fan, well expressed. I agree on most points. The history with Centreville, probably more relevant since Haddock has been in place. Appearance in 3 of the last 4 State Championships I would say outweighs your Westfield points. Westfield has not been to a state Game since 2007. Pretty long time.

Westfield, Great program! but, until Centreville is dethroned they are the team that should get the nod until proven otherwise.

Posted by: Annandale Fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 02:43PM

Like Elvis, Westfield has chocked on their sandwich and died on the crapper every year for the last couple season.

Posted by: Westfield Fan ()
Date: September 04, 2015 02:51PM

And Annandale hasn't even unwrapped their hoagie since when - the 1980s?????

Posted by: You both are idiots ()
Date: September 04, 2015 03:01PM

Annandale Fan: "Has chocked on their sandwich.." They wedged it?? No. It's spelled "choked" Go ahead and blame autocorrect.

Westfield Fan: "since when - the 1980s?????" Want to add in some more exclamation marks???????? They won two State Championships in the 90s smart guy.

Posted by: You both are idiots ()
Date: September 04, 2015 03:04PM

"Want to add more QUESTON marks?????" Damn autocorrect.... 8)

Date: September 04, 2015 05:01PM

BMC Wrote:
> ...until Centreville
> is dethroned they are the team that should get the
> nod until proven otherwise.

That's what I've been saying. I don't see any reason to believe they aren't as good or better than anyone else in 6A North.

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112All...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.