HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: nufan ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:23PM

Heard lake Braddock got smoked. Check out you tube. GC scored like six times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nova down ()
Date: August 24, 2015 08:59AM

It will be a down year for NOVA football. No where near the talent this year like AJ Turner, Noah Reimers, AJ Alexander, and the like from past few years. Just part of the ups and down of high school football in this region.

Posted by: ah shut up ()
Date: August 24, 2015 09:11AM

NOVA will be just fine bud

Posted by: GC ()
Date: August 24, 2015 10:13AM

nufan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heard lake Braddock got smoked. Check out you
> tube. GC scored like six times.

Looks like GC only scores 4 times two off on int
Was LB playing their JV team or are they just weak?

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: August 24, 2015 11:45AM

It's Good Council and Dematha folks. Don't worry about how Westfield/LB do in scrimmages. It would only be news if NOVA teams actually held their own. I remember watching a few Westfield/Dematha scrimmages from a few years ago when Westfield ended up 12-1. They still got run over bigtime in the the pre-season Dematha scrimmage. It was like watching them play a college football team.

Date: August 24, 2015 12:08PM

I will need to review...if wrong I apologize to the LB dudes

Date: August 24, 2015 12:24PM

GC score 5 times.....3 runs, 1 pass, and another one(just saw the und of it)

Posted by: same ole shit ()
Date: August 24, 2015 01:16PM

same ole shit....Westfield is over-rated, so is Lake Braddock and South County. One of these teams might make it through Northern Region because the NR is down this year. I have no dog in the fight but I would watch out for Centreville as everyone seems to be totally dismissing them and West Springfield as they actually have a lot coming back. My point is there is no one real, dominant team such as Westfield from 8-10 years ago or Centreville from over the last few years that could be all but banked on. I do think though that a lot of teams do talk a lot of smack for having not really done anything big. Put it out on the field.....

Posted by: r u kidding me ()
Date: August 24, 2015 01:26PM

West Springfield??? Don't think so!!!!!

Posted by: Easy ()
Date: August 24, 2015 02:13PM

Based on West Springfields schedule, I don't see them loosing too many games. They have a lot of returners on offense and a lot of good defensive players this year. They will be a team to watch out for.

Posted by: Not kidding ()
Date: August 24, 2015 03:42PM

Spartans won the patriot conference last year in a tie.
They are a better team this year already and will challenge LB and SC.
It's early now to say but they have potential to make a deeper run in the playoffs.

Posted by: C'mon Man ()
Date: August 24, 2015 03:52PM

It's Good Council and Dematha folks. Don't worry about how Westfield/LB do in scrimmages. It would only be news if NOVA teams actually held their own. I remember watching a few Westfield/Dematha scrimmages from a few years ago when Westfield ended up 12-1. They still got run over bigtime in the the pre-season Dematha scrimmage. It was like watching them play a college football team.

Umm, you realize Good Counsel and Dematha recruit, correct? If Westfield was able to recruit the best players from Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland I'm pretty sure it would be different.

Hell, just if you took the best players from a few teams in 6A North and a few of the Loudon 5A North teams it would be a different story. But they don't and can't because it's a PUBLIC SCHOOL.

The purpose of the game each year is to have a measuring stick to see where their areas of weakness are on Westfield’s team. It also serves as a reality check to keep the players from suffering from the typical high school athlete swollen ego syndrome just because they play for a consistent winning program.

As a matter of fact, just to demonstrate the talent Dematha has one of their running backs and defensive ends who are underclassmen could step onto and play for most college teams. The Dematha coaching staff commented on the fact that this year’s team is probably the most talented they've had in some time.

So, it's pretty unfair to criticize Westfield for not having a strong showing because they're not competing on a level playing field. This was my 5th or 6th Dematha-Westfield scrimmage and it looked pretty much like the previous ones.

Posted by: C'mon man ()
Date: August 24, 2015 03:56PM

You're a fool if you think teams like Cville and ocean lakes don't recruit.
Look at how many transfers they get.

Date: August 24, 2015 04:18PM

C'mon Man Wrote:
> It's Good Council and Dematha folks. Don't worry
> about how Westfield/LB do in scrimmages. It would
> only be news if NOVA teams actually held their
> own. I remember watching a few Westfield/Dematha
> scrimmages from a few years ago when Westfield
> ended up 12-1. They still got run over bigtime in
> the the pre-season Dematha scrimmage. It was like
> watching them play a college football team.
>
> __________________________________________________
> _________________________
>
> Umm, you realize Good Counsel and Dematha recruit,
> correct? If Westfield was able to recruit the best
> players from Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland
> I'm pretty sure it would be different.
>
> Hell, just if you took the best players from a few
> teams in 6A North and a few of the Loudon 5A North
> teams it would be a different story. But they
> don't and can't because it's a PUBLIC SCHOOL.
>
> The purpose of the game each year is to have a
> measuring stick to see where their areas of
> weakness are on Westfield’s team. It also serves
> as a reality check to keep the players from
> suffering from the typical high school athlete
> swollen ego syndrome just because they play for a
> consistent winning program.
>
> As a matter of fact, just to demonstrate the
> talent Dematha has one of their running backs and
> defensive ends who are underclassmen could step
> onto and play for most college teams. The Dematha
> coaching staff commented on the fact that this
> year’s team is probably the most talented
> they've had in some time.
>
> So, it's pretty unfair to criticize Westfield for
> not having a strong showing because they're not
> competing on a level playing field. This was my
> 5th or 6th Dematha-Westfield scrimmage and it
> looked pretty much like the previous ones.

I agree with you on all points. I don't know that I said anything different. My comment was not an attempt to criticize but just stating facts.

Date: August 24, 2015 04:34PM

same ole shit Wrote:
> but I would watch out for Centreville
> as everyone seems to be totally dismissing them
>

I don't know what you are talking about. No one is dismissing them. Everyone of note has them in their pre-season Top 10 in the state.

Posted by: R u sure ()
Date: August 24, 2015 05:02PM

West Springfield gave up 13 touchdowns (92 points) to western branch in a scrimmage last week! QB is fast and has some talent but he is way too soft to survive the season both mentally and physically

Posted by: U R sure ()
Date: August 24, 2015 05:34PM

R U sure,
You sound like a big authority on soft and weak boys.
Do you know Jared the sandwhich guy?

Date: August 24, 2015 05:53PM

RydellllRoad, I apologize, I did misread our comment, very sorry.

I've frequented this thread over the past couple years, have always known you to be very good in regard to your insight.

Guess I made a mistake in the text of your message, once again, please accept my apology.

Date: August 24, 2015 05:55PM

Didn't south co scrimmage them too?

Posted by: Spartan Pride ()
Date: August 24, 2015 06:20PM

West Springfield will beat Robinson by at least 4 TDs. Robinson couldn't even beat Osbourn in their scrimmage last week.

Posted by: novawatcher91 ()
Date: August 24, 2015 06:28PM

I watched the you tube video, Good Counsel 5 TDs Braddock 3 TDs.
Looks like Braddock might be stronger then a lot of people thought.

Posted by: footballlcantwait ()
Date: August 24, 2015 06:33PM

up and coming is south lakes they beat oakton in a scrimmage but still a couple of years away from complete greatness they need more filler kids kids on the team ..... I think they will definatly be better then last year

I think oakton is going to have a bad year all the goods ones graduated It will be a rebuilding year.

Posted by: Ahh the good ole days ()
Date: August 24, 2015 06:46PM

Oakton was decimated by the last redistricting. They no longer have the athletes to compete.

That said, I was at the scrimmage. South Lakes didn;t exactly win it. Oakton's QB was injured and they "won" it on second stringers.

I would have realistically called it a tie which is sad by Oakton's standards.

Posted by: who said Cville recruits ()
Date: August 24, 2015 07:15PM

Ocean Lakes recruits - yes, take a look on the internet. But who said that Cville recruits? Proof????? No, Chad Wiggins was part of an exodus from a Prince William school Patriot High along with 5 others that year including one who went to Westfield. AJ Turner, no - he and his family moved up from Florida before he started his freshman year. Doubt Cville had people down in Florida encouraging them to move to Cville instead of anywhere else in NOVA.

Date: August 24, 2015 07:21PM

I didn't see the you tube videos of LB scoring. Must have been just a GC highlight show. Thx for the update.

Posted by: Alabama lite ()
Date: August 24, 2015 08:33PM

NOVA Recruits...nitwit, let's say I'm moving to the Washington Metropolitan area from any number of Football is king States like Texas, or Georgia etc...because I'm DOD or any other Alphabet agency and my kid is a football player...what are the odds I'm gonna plunk down $750K in Falls Church or Arlington..when that same $750k gets me a much bigger yard and another 1000sq. Feet in Centreville where depending on which side of 29 I drop Anchor I can play for either Westfield or Centreville....The Butt hurt SOCO Folks are the ones that need to get on the Base Commander about Transferring in some better Talent...what a waste of Belvoir!

Date: August 24, 2015 08:48PM

same ole shit....Westfield is over-rated, so is Lake Braddock and South County. One of these teams might make it through Northern Region because the NR is down this year. I have no dog in the fight but I would watch out for Centreville as everyone seems to be totally dismissing them and West Springfield as they actually have a lot coming back. My point is there is no one real, dominant team such as Westfield from 8-10 years ago or Centreville from over the last few years that could be all but banked on. I do think though that a lot of teams do talk a lot of smack for having not really done anything big. Put it out on the field.....

How do you come up with the "Westfield is over-rated" comment? They've gone 47-7 over the past 4 years. They've been to 4 straight region championships, first 2 were Northern Region championships, last 2 were State Semi-Finals.

I don't think an "over-rated" program can boast stats like that. Say what you will but to call Westfield anything other than a solid program is a joke.

Posted by: same ole shit ()
Date: August 24, 2015 09:29PM

Not saying buster that Westfield is not a good program. Of course they and Cville have been the consistent class of Northern Region 6a football with pop ups by Lake Braddock, Oakton, Robinson, etc. from time to time. What I am saying is I have heard a lot of people say that Westfield is a lock this year to represent the NR. Not sure they are that good, some questions on offense, can be beat on defense by a speedy team (yes they are bruisers on D but not incredibly fast). We will see....

Posted by: Westfield chokies ()
Date: August 24, 2015 09:37PM

Westfield is a bunch of chokies. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Posted by: Cat Fan ()
Date: August 24, 2015 10:56PM

While the media doesn't seem to have picked up on it, AJ Turner's cousin is Christian Brooks, the rising Centreville senior who has already received a bunch of D1 offers. I would guess that if you are moving from Florida to the DC area, living close to your family and being in a program where the kids can play on the same team might ease the transition.

Date: August 24, 2015 11:21PM

Cat Fan Wrote:
> While the media doesn't seem to have picked up on
> it, AJ Turner's cousin is Christian Brooks, the
> rising Centreville senior who has already received
> a bunch of D1 offers.

What are you talking about that the media hasn't picked up on it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2015/07/30/centreville-dl-christian-brooks-takes-growing-football-recruitment-in-stride/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2015/08/21/two-time-state-finalist-centreville-toes-line-between-reloading-and-rebuilding/

The Wildcats aren’t completely devoid of highly touted recruits. Senior defensive lineman Christian Brooks has racked up offers from Miami, Virginia and Vanderbilt, thanks to his versatility and effective blend of speed and power off the line.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2015/aug/19/centreville-wildcats-arent-done-yet/

Once again leading Centreville defensively are linebacker Andre Horner and defensive lineman Christian Brooks (6 feet 5, 230 pounds). Brooks is the Wildcats’ biggest college prospect, with 15 scholarship offers to Division 1 schools.

https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=905&Year=2015
The defense sees the return of five starters including Division I defensive linemen Christian Brooks (2016) and Caleb Brooks (2017).

Date: August 25, 2015 08:27AM

Not saying buster that Westfield is not a good program. Of course they and Cville have been the consistent class of Northern Region 6a football with pop ups by Lake Braddock, Oakton, Robinson, etc. from time to time. What I am saying is I have heard a lot of people say that Westfield is a lock this year to represent the NR. Not sure they are that good, some questions on offense, can be beat on defense by a speedy team (yes they are bruisers on D but not incredibly fast). We will see....

Offense will be fine, especially when Pearson and Monticue suit up. They're currently running an offense that's never been run at Westfield.

If it works great, if it doesn't I'm sure they'll revert back to the ground and pound. Every year it is the same old shit with Westfield, experiment in the preseason but stick with what's made them a consistent winner.

The defense has plenty of team speed, I hope you're not comparing the speed of Dematha's team with them. Westfield will not play a team with that type of speed all season.

Also, you'd have to get past the line of scrimmage in the run game to use any team speed opposing offenses might have. They will be stout, if you're referring to passing that will not be as easy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Westfield adopt more blitzing when opponents go to the air. They certainly have to ability with their linebacker corps which should be their strength.

Last year in the regular season against Lake Braddock they did not blitz, Edwards had a good day. In the playoff game, Westfield blitzed on almost every down and racked up 8 sacks I believe, we know what happened to Lake Braddock's potent offense, it was 41-0 late when Westfield's scrubs went in.

But you're close when you say that Westfield shouldn't be thought as the clear cut favorite. Way too many talented teams in the area to say anyone of them is the king of the hill. That's why they play the game.....

Posted by: WildcatFan ()
Date: August 25, 2015 09:39AM

I'm a huge centreville fan and follower. I went to high school there. Trust me when I say this...Westfield optimizes what high school football should be. Do you realize what that school has done since opening? Yes, Centreville had a great run, but it was only two years. They will not be the same unbeatable force. Somehow, Westfield was the only team how challenged that rare group of talent, and Westfield did not nearly have the same talent on their roster. Their coaches are excellent, their program is top notch, and the students play the game the right way. If any other school have 4 straight northern region runner up trophies, it would be the greatest thing to ever happen to them.

Posted by: ah shucks go on ()
Date: August 25, 2015 09:45AM

I am NOT a Centreville fan but still think Westfield is a bunch of chokies.

Posted by: yiahhtz ()
Date: August 25, 2015 10:17AM

I'm no Centreville fan either but I say wuck Festfield. Bunch a prima donnas.

Posted by: Chantilly Chargerz ()
Date: August 25, 2015 10:46AM

AGREED. WESTFIELD IS POMPOUS.

Posted by: Want free access ()
Date: August 25, 2015 01:03PM

Does anyone have access to post the 2015 game day preseason power poll?

If you post the pre season top 10 from game day magazine then maybe I can find a similar article from VA preps.
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: wha happen'd? ()
Date: August 25, 2015 05:53PM

Posted by: Makers Mark ()
Date: June 18, 2015 06:55PM

This coming season may shape up to be very interesting indeed. For those who weren’t able to observe either of the Team Camps this month, Oakton's O- and D- Lines looked very strong, but their teamwork is what made them even more impressive so early in the pre-season. To correct an earlier post, last week, South Lakes appeared more dominated vs dominant. Enough said there. Robinson was able to hold their own against SL, but appeared to have a hard time closing holes made by Oakton’s O-line that allowed their QB and quick Backs to muscle through time and time again. Robinson’s offense had quite a bit of trouble executing against Oakton’s Defense as well… with their impressively quick DEs and DBs containing anything outside and down the field, and the combination of DTs and LB’s stopping almost everything within a yard of the LOS. It was obvious that Robinson was getting a bit frustrated... and it wasn’t the heat. Not sure what happened during the other Team Camps this week, but as of right now, my bet is on Oakton to dominate the Region.

Ahh the good ole days Wrote:
> Oakton was decimated by the last redistricting.
> They no longer have the athletes to compete.
>
> That said, I was at the scrimmage. South Lakes
> didn;t exactly win it. Oakton's QB was injured and
> they "won" it on second stringers.
>
> I would have realistically called it a tie which
> is sad by Oakton's standards.

So in the span of two months Oakton football went from one posters bet to dominate the region to a tie in a scrimmage with SL? As Steve Spurrier would say, "not to good!"

Posted by: Undergrounder ()
Date: August 25, 2015 06:39PM

Can't say I would post a video of the other team scoring if I was a GC guy. Gotta keep the rich dads writing checks in Belgium happy..... Did some research and found a few LB kids highlights from the game. Saw enough to believe it was 5Tds to 3Tds in GC favor. If 35-21 is final score what does this mean?

Posted by: Slight of foot ()
Date: August 25, 2015 06:41PM

Listen...here us the key to Beating Westfield...bank on it...if you have a kid on your team named A.J. Put him back to return kicks against them...guaranteed win...Delaney hit two knuckle Balls last year 1. Regular season A.J Alexander took it to the house LB won 2. Post Season A.J Turner took it to the House C-ville wins....unless Special teams Coach figures this s&&t out and has Delaney kick out of bounds to kids named A.J. It could be a long year for Wesfields!

Posted by: VA Preps ()
Date: August 25, 2015 06:41PM

Concorde Contenders

Rod Johnson
VirginiaPreps.com Senior Editor

For the last half-decade or so, the Concorde District has essentially come down to the Centreville versus Westfield regular season contest and, in most years, the regional championship has been contested between the two programs.

Yet, the district has retained its reputation as the toughest in the state because the other programs in the Concorde are still tough to beat and, at any moment, they seem capable of rising up and taking over again, as they have in the past.

In 214, Chantilly (6-6), Oakton (6-5) and Robinson (6-5) hovered at, or just over, the .500 mark, but each is looking to make a leap this year.

HOW DO THE CONCORDE CONTENDERS LINE UP?

The Chantilly Chargers scored at a 19 points-per-game clip last season and they've got some playmakers in the huddle this year, but they lack experience bringing back only three of eleven starters.

The key to their attack this season likely lies in the performance of senior quarterback David Tamarro (pictured) who did a solid job in limited action last season including throwing for over 180 yards against Oakton in a loss.

He'll be looking to get the ball to athletes Korben Sparks and Marcus Trammell, both seniors. The former will be lined up outside as a wide receiver while the latter will work from the wing taking the ball on sweeps and counters when not pressing action down the field.

Up front, junior Sean Pogorelc will be relied upon to anchor the line of scrimmage while others develop.

While the offense tries to find their footing early in the season, the Chargers defense should be able to keep them in most games as they return a number of experienced players, especially along the line of scrimmage and in the secondary.

Up front, Hozey Haji-Badri returns after suffering a knee injury early in the 2014 campaign and the big man will join sophomore Dylan Menard giving the Chargers two scholarship level players along the line of scrimmage.

In the defensive backfield, seniors Garret Snedeker and Marcus Trammell return giving Coach Mike Lalli an experienced foundation in the secondary.

If the Chargers have a worry on defense, it will be at the linebacker spot where Lalli is not sure what he has outside of junior Conrad Pereira, a potential big-time playmaker.

The Oakton Cougars found themselves in a lot of low-scoring slugfests last season as they averaged just over 13 points per game last season, yet they still won half of their regular season games in large part because the defense limited seven of eleven opponents to 22 points or less.

The unit should be more productive this season as eight starters return to the offensive huddle including four of five linemen. Juniors Pierce Banbury and Tim Forster will form the nucleus of the group along with seniors Bennett Fagan, Mike Hemrich and Jaleel Denson.

Working behind that group is quarterback Sal Tutone, a senior who threw for over 1,000 yards last season. He'll be joined in the backfield by running back Patrick Francisco who will be backed by a trio of newcomers including seniors Chris Ivener, Eric Merten and junior Elias Lindsey.

But, for the big plays, Coach Jason Rowley will be looking for Tutone to hook up with wide receivers Jarret Bacon and Derrick Beale (pictured), both seniors. Bacon snagged 32 passes last season for over 400 yards and figures to be a bigger focal point this year.

"We feel like the offensive line will be our strength," says Rowley. "Also, we have some athleticism at our skilled positions, particularly at wide out. I think that we have a ton of potential."

Seven starters return on the defensive side of the ball including all four along the line of scrimmage where Rowley will open with seniors Matt Vogel, Patrick Davis, Dylan Cardelli and Will Fisher.

Working in the secondary behind the experienced line is a strong corps of defensive backs including senior returnees Derrick Beale, Jarrett Bacon and Nick Hart who will be joined by sophomore Jake Eagan.

Those two groups will sandwich an inexperienced linebacking corps returning no starters. Seniors Brian Jang and Justin Bartee will play alongside junior Chris Walton in the middle of the defense at least giving Rowley maturity, if not experience. "Our linebackers don't have a lot of varsity games under their belts," says Rowley. "Fortunately, they will have a veteran group in front of them and behind them in the secondary."

The group should make life easier for an offense looking to improve as Rowley says that he expects his defense to be one of the top units in the region.

In Scott Vossler's first year as the head coach of the Robinson Rams, things went well until the middle of October winning their first six games of the season including a 19-17 win over neighborhood rival Lake Braddock who finished 10-3 on the year.

The back half of the schedule was not as kind as injuries and stronger opponents resulted in the Rams dropping their final five games of the season with only one contest settled by fewer than 17 points.

Win or lose, the Rams play hard from whistle to whistle and bring a physical presence to the field every week and that won't change this season as Vossler brings an experienced bunch to the gridiron.

Seven starters come back on offense including junior quarterback Alex Miller and three big and talented running backs in Sean Foncha (5-11, 205), Da'Jon Lee (pictured, 6-2, 225) and Roman Lowery (6-0, 215). That gives the Rams a lot of versatility on offense as opposing coordinators will have to be prepared for any of the four to be the focal point of the offense on any given Friday. "Our back are big, strong and experienced. They will determine our success," says Vossler.

Naturally, they'll need help up front and the Rams bring back three guys along the line of scrimmage headed up by junior Nick Bernacchi, a potential scholarship player. He's joined by senior guard Lars Stevenson and tight end Mason Velasquez, a future college baseball player.

"I believe we have the potential to have a very strong offense," says Vossler. "Given what we have returning and our run-first mentality, we have the potential to put tremendous stress on our opponents."

The defense won't be quite as experienced as the offense but three players return to the front seven including defensive end Izzy Isreal, a senior, and linebackers Donnie Warter and Da'Jon Lee.

Along the line of scrimmage, senior Austin Jones will line up at the other defensive end spot while junior Grant Miller provides an anchor in the middle at tackle. "Our front seven has the potential to be strong and we should be athletic at the linebacker position," says Vossler.

If there is a concern for the defense, it comes in the form of a secondary returning no starters though junior Matt Oakley has promise. "We lost six of our top seven in the secondary due to graduation. We will be young and inexperienced on the back end, but we've got a few options back there. The development of those players will determine our success on defense."

The verdict:

All three programs are likely still chasing both Westfield and Centreville this season but each should at least earn a postseason appearance where anything can happen.

As if the Concorde District schedule was not already tough enough, NoVa schedule makers did none of the three a favor with out-of-district games this fall.

I like Chantilly to get off to a hot start likely winning at least three of their first four games and possibly losing only once in the first six games. With Oakton, Briar Woods, Centreville and Westfield sitting on the back half of the season, they will need to get wins early and develop their systems to be fully prepared for a rugged month. If they can pull a minor upset or two, they'll host a home playoff game in the first round.

Oakton has it even tougher with rival Madison, a rebuilding T.C. Williams, Tuscarora, Robinson and Westfield dotting the front half of the docket. Centreville, Chantilly, Broad Run, Falls Church and Herndon offer no respite in the second half.

The Cougars defense will have to be spectacular this fall. Even as their offense improves, it's unlikely that they will be highly explosive. To win, Oakton will likely have to collect low-scoring slugfest type victories which leave little margin for error. They'll win their share but they'll be the underdogs in most of their games.

Like Oakton, Robinson will have to win their share of low-scoring games, but their program is a bit more used to those type of affairs which should allow them a larger comfort zone.

The Rams could use another win over Lake Braddock to really kick start their season as they could potentially win each of their first five games this season. The back end will be a fight each week with Stone Bridge, Westfield, Herndon, Broad Run and Centreville making life tough.

The key for each team will be how they perform against the other two and each could use an upset or two in order to propel themselves into top of the region contention. On paper, it feels like each is a five- to seven-win team which means advancing deep into the postseason means road upsets.

Rod Johnson
VirginiaPreps.com Senior Editor

Posted by: Alice Johnson ()
Date: August 25, 2015 06:56PM

Slight of foot Wrote:
> Listen...here us the key to Beating
> Westfield...bank on it...if you have a kid on your
> team named A.J. Put him back to return kicks
> against them...guaranteed win...Delaney hit two
> knuckle Balls last year 1. Regular season A.J
> Alexander took it to the house LB won 2. Post
> Season A.J Turner took it to the House C-ville
> wins....unless Special teams Coach figures this
> s&&t out and has Delaney kick out of bounds to
> kids named A.J. It could be a long year for
> Wesfields!

What if I'm a fast girl who runs track?

Posted by: Baba ()
Date: August 25, 2015 07:01PM

Who will be the dark horse of conference 7 (liberty)? Madison or fairfax

Posted by: Stra ()
Date: August 25, 2015 07:03PM

Oakton will not hang no doubt. Robinson will succeed and chantilly will fight

Posted by: Hm ()
Date: August 25, 2015 07:03PM

It's all about cville baby!!!!!!

Posted by: Slight of foot ()
Date: August 25, 2015 07:30PM

Alice Johnson your return would be worth 12 pts. A.J's regardless of gender are Delaney's Kryptonite!

Posted by: Cjckc ()
Date: August 25, 2015 08:52PM

Ckck

Date: August 25, 2015 09:27PM

Dude - I have a problem with people posting content that is behind a paywall (Virginia Preps/Gameday). If you want these folks to cover high school football you have to let them make some $$$ of it. This is not cool.

Posted by: Liberty Fan ()
Date: August 25, 2015 10:31PM

Baba Wrote:
> Who will be the dark horse of conference 7
> (liberty)? Madison or fairfax

I don't know how you could consider Madison a dark horse. Most pre-season articles I have seen are fairly high on Madison. To be a dark horse, you have to be lightly regarded, and then surprise on the upside. Madison doesn't fit that description.

By the way, Liberty is Conference 6.

Posted by: luv it ok ()
Date: August 26, 2015 10:00AM

I love that it is almost football season

Posted by: agree baby ()
Date: August 26, 2015 04:15PM

agree, football is great

Posted by: FutTheball ()
Date: August 26, 2015 05:58PM

When does the season start?

Posted by: fooootoooooooo ()
Date: August 26, 2015 06:09PM

Ahh the good ole days Wrote:
> Oakton was decimated by the last redistricting.
> They no longer have the athletes to compete.
>
> That said, I was at the scrimmage. South Lakes
> didn;t exactly win it. Oakton's QB was injured and
> they "won" it on second stringers.
>
> I would have realistically called it a tie which
> is sad by Oakton's standards.

Thats kind of what I meant but even a year ago they would have crushed south lakes with 3rd stringers

Posted by: fooooooooo ()
Date: August 26, 2015 06:11PM

wha happen'd? Wrote:
> Re: High School Football 2015
> Posted by: Makers Mark ()
> Date: June 18, 2015 06:55PM
>
> This coming season may shape up to be very
> interesting indeed. For those who weren’t able
> to observe either of the Team Camps this month,
> Oakton's O- and D- Lines looked very strong, but
> their teamwork is what made them even more
> impressive so early in the pre-season. To correct
> an earlier post, last week, South Lakes appeared
> more dominated vs dominant. Enough said there.
> Robinson was able to hold their own against SL,
> but appeared to have a hard time closing holes
> made by Oakton’s O-line that allowed their QB
> and quick Backs to muscle through time and time
> again. Robinson’s offense had quite a bit of
> trouble executing against Oakton’s Defense as
> well… with their impressively quick DEs and DBs
> containing anything outside and down the field,
> and the combination of DTs and LB’s stopping
> almost everything within a yard of the LOS. It was
> obvious that Robinson was getting a bit
> frustrated... and it wasn’t the heat. Not sure
> what happened during the other Team Camps this
> week, but as of right now, my bet is on Oakton to
> dominate the Region.
>
>
>
> Ahh the good ole days Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oakton was decimated by the last redistricting.
> > They no longer have the athletes to compete.
> >
> > That said, I was at the scrimmage. South Lakes
> > didn;t exactly win it. Oakton's QB was injured
> and
> > they "won" it on second stringers.
> >
> > I would have realistically called it a tie
> which
> > is sad by Oakton's standards.
>
>
> So in the span of two months Oakton football went
> from one posters bet to dominate the region to a
> tie in a scrimmage with SL? As Steve Spurrier
> would say, "not to good!"

UMM the score was 14 south lakes 7 oakton

Posted by: RightousRoad ()
Date: August 26, 2015 06:15PM

We know who all the favorites are (Westfield/Centreville) but besides SoCo who is overrated and will disappoint us in the playoffs?

Who is underrated and will create some upsets?

What team will have the most Fantasy points for Offense and Defense each week?

Posted by: Westfield Bestfield ()
Date: August 26, 2015 07:14PM

Cville will only beat teams by 14 points instead of 30 points last year until they get to Westfield.

Posted by: West is best ()
Date: August 26, 2015 07:51PM

It is a given, Westfield wins the Northern Region this year. No doubt.

Everyone else go home.

Posted by: wha happn'd? ()
Date: August 26, 2015 08:51PM

fooooooooo Wrote:
> wha happen'd? Wrote:
> -----
> > Re: High School Football 2015
> > Posted by: Makers Mark ()
> > Date: June 18, 2015 06:55PM
> >
> > This coming season may shape up to be very
> > interesting indeed. For those who weren’t
> able
> > to observe either of the Team Camps this month,
> > Oakton's O- and D- Lines looked very strong,
> but
> > their teamwork is what made them even more
> > impressive so early in the pre-season. To
> correct
> > an earlier post, last week, South Lakes
> appeared
> > more dominated vs dominant. Enough said there.
> > Robinson was able to hold their own against SL,
> > but appeared to have a hard time closing holes
> > made by Oakton’s O-line that allowed their QB
> > and quick Backs to muscle through time and time
> > again. Robinson’s offense had quite a bit of
> > trouble executing against Oakton’s Defense as
> > well… with their impressively quick DEs and
> DBs
> > containing anything outside and down the field,
> > and the combination of DTs and LB’s stopping
> > almost everything within a yard of the LOS. It
> was
> > obvious that Robinson was getting a bit
> > frustrated... and it wasn’t the heat. Not
> sure
> > what happened during the other Team Camps this
> > week, but as of right now, my bet is on Oakton
> to
> > dominate the Region.
> >
> >
> >
> > Ahh the good ole days Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Oakton was decimated by the last
> redistricting.
> > > They no longer have the athletes to compete.
> > >
> > > That said, I was at the scrimmage. South
> Lakes
> > > didn;t exactly win it. Oakton's QB was
> injured
> > and
> > > they "won" it on second stringers.
> > >
> > > I would have realistically called it a tie
> > which
> > > is sad by Oakton's standards.
> >
> >
> > So in the span of two months Oakton football
> went
> > from one posters bet to dominate the region to
> a
> > tie in a scrimmage with SL? As Steve Spurrier
> > would say, "not to good!"
>
>
>
>
> UMM the score was 14 south lakes 7 oakton

I gave the benefit of the doubt to the poster who said the Oakton QB was injured, they played 2nd stringers, etc, so it was roughly the equivalent of a tie and it was just after all just a scrimmage. My real question though is where is the Oakton fanboy who said SL was dominated in the June camps and that Oakton would dominate the region?

Posted by: Last year ()
Date: August 27, 2015 09:03AM

Where did you get the information that W Springfield QB is soft and mentally weak? The kid is as tough as they come. I was on here last year talking about how good he is. He'll probably be the best qb in the region and had a great game against LB in playoffs while LB's qb threw int after int. I think they're scrimmaging Oakton tonight. It may get out of hand

Posted by: DaddyOOOO ()
Date: August 27, 2015 12:01PM

Last year Wrote:
> Where did you get the information that W
> Springfield QB is soft and mentally weak? The kid
> is as tough as they come. I was on here last year
> talking about how good he is. He'll probably be
> the best qb in the region and had a great game
> against LB in playoffs while LB's qb threw int
> after int. I think they're scrimmaging Oakton
> tonight. It may get out of hand

Are you his dad or his step dad? The kid wasn't even all district.

Posted by: Uninformed ()
Date: August 27, 2015 12:24PM

He wasn't all district because he didn't start every game. He ended the season as one of the top qbs in the area.

Posted by: Last year ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:30PM

DaddyOOOO Wrote:
> Last year Wrote:
> -----
> > Where did you get the information that W
> > Springfield QB is soft and mentally weak? The
> kid
> > is as tough as they come. I was on here last
> year
> > talking about how good he is. He'll probably be
> > the best qb in the region and had a great game
> > against LB in playoffs while LB's qb threw int
> > after int. I think they're scrimmaging Oakton
> > tonight. It may get out of hand
>
>
> Are you his dad or his step dad? The kid wasn't
> even all district.

His dad??? Is that all you got? Watch the kid play and maybe you'll be able to make an informed comment

Furthermore only a LB dad would think the kid isn't good but in two months when your words are proved wrong you'll just be another anonymous poster who won't claim his dumb comment

Posted by: Fake Peter Muskett ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:46PM

Hey, I appreciate all of you commenting on me but I have to agree with the earlier post- I am soft. I have missed multiple days of practice this summer- I just tell the coaches my hip hurts or I have a boo boo on my finger. I also don't really know how to read defenses or run the offense so I just run the ball.

Posted by: another one? ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:53PM

Another northern Virginia nigger arrested. Ahmad Brooks, played for Hylton, and now the 49ers, charged with sexual battery along with some other NFL nigger.
Typical.

Posted by: Givemeabreak ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:41PM

Last year Wrote:
> DaddyOOOO Wrote:
> -----
> > Last year Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Where did you get the information that W
> > > Springfield QB is soft and mentally weak? The
> > kid
> > > is as tough as they come. I was on here last
> > year
> > > talking about how good he is. He'll probably
> be
> > > the best qb in the region and had a great
> game
> > > against LB in playoffs while LB's qb threw
> int
> > > after int. I think they're scrimmaging Oakton
> > > tonight. It may get out of hand
> >
> >
> > Are you his dad or his step dad? The kid wasn't
> > even all district.
>
>
> His dad??? Is that all you got? Watch the kid play
> and maybe you'll be able to make an informed
> comment
>
> Furthermore only a LB dad would think the kid
> isn't good but in two months when your words are
> proved wrong you'll just be another anonymous
> poster who won't claim his dumb comment

Give me a break dude, the only kid on the ALL MET watch list from West Springfield is their kicker, and he moved away months ago. Another 7-4 year beating up on Lee, Edison, and W&L.

Posted by: SL parent ()
Date: August 27, 2015 08:58PM

steve k2* Wrote:

> A team on the rise is WT Woodson. Coming off a
> 2-8 season they are not a top of conference team
> by any stretch, but I think their fast tempo
> offense in year 2 will be a lot better. It sounds
> like from the media day the coach is very
> encouraged by the offseason and I like how he is
> incorporating Cross Fit into it. The opener
> against Chantilly will tell me a lot. My
> hesitation is they are scrimmaging Marshall and
> South Lakes; I’m a big proponent of scrimmaging
> better teams as Woodson will get little out of
> these matchups.

Woodson didn't get much out of scrimmaging SL tonight, SL was thumping them 32-7 when I left at the end of Q-3. It may have been worse than that since I got there after the scrimmage started. Woodson could move the ball some through the air with the first team but had no ground game. That usually spells death in HS ball.

Date: August 27, 2015 09:03PM

Centerville needs to find themselves a new kicker. He had a seven extra points he missed three of them. Against a good team that will come back and haunt them.

Posted by: dbfromnva ()
Date: August 27, 2015 09:42PM

How bad was the foot/ankle injury for the Centreville RB? He looked great before he got hurt.

Posted by: Cats Kicker ()
Date: August 27, 2015 10:11PM

nufan Wrote:
> Centerville needs to find themselves a new kicker.
> He had a seven extra points he missed three of
> them. Against a good team that will come back and
> haunt them.

Didn't Centreville have a female kicker two years ago on their JV? She would be a senior this year. Had no clue on what was happening but was a good kicker.

Posted by: BMC ()
Date: August 27, 2015 10:33PM

The Cville kicker is kicking with his off leg. Nursing an injury. Not a concern

Date: August 27, 2015 10:37PM

Cville looked pretty good tonight. 6 first half scores to 0 before 2's played the rest of way.

Posted by: sleeper ()
Date: August 28, 2015 06:57AM

If someone rolls by Robinson today, you may need to drop off some salve for the ass whipping West Potomac dished them last night. In sure there's lots of butt-hurt going on in their coaches office today.

Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: August 28, 2015 10:24AM

We should not get too excited about scrimmages at this stage. Offenses are not showing their full playbook, and starters that are nicked up will be kept out in order to be ready for the season.

Posted by: Smoketon ()
Date: August 28, 2015 10:31AM

Oakton/West Springfield scrimmage was a good contest last night. Teams played relatively evenly (I think Oakton won by 1).

Observations: 1) WS QB is good. Good runner who made some nice throws. He will be a factor this year 2) Oakton looked a lot bigger and stronger - seemed to control the lines of scrimmage on both sides of the ball 3) WS seemed to have a lot of guys playing both ways - hopefully, they will stay healthy during the season, and they did not appear to have a lot of depth judging from the number of kids on the sideline; 4) two WS kids got injured - a DB and an RB - hope they are okay, but the RB got carried off the field; 5) Oakton offense could move the ball especially with the running game - but as their WR was playing QB - they were certainly not employing a complicated scheme.

Date: August 28, 2015 11:18AM

Any news on the Westfield scrimmage?

Posted by: C'mpn Man ()
Date: August 28, 2015 12:04PM

Any news on the Westfield scrimmage?

Final was 28-17, Quince Orchard, don't take too much away from that. It was 17-14 Westfield when the starters were pulled. QO pulled their starters as well with the exception of special teams.

Three of the 4 QO TD's were set up by Westfield fumbles inside their own red zone. Scanlon mishandled one snap, the 2nd string QB failed to handle a snap as well, and one of the back ups fumbled a punt late at the 5 yard line.

Strangely enough QO had 2 fumbles recovered by Westfield that neither was ruled a fumble. One might have been down by contact, the oter was a TD pass on a botched FG attempt. Looks like the QO player was stripped before he crossed the goal line, ball recovered by Westfield. The officials ruled a TD so who knows, guess it must have been.

All in all much better performance by Westfield than last week against Dematha. Quince Orchard had some extremely big guys up front on both O & D lines. It was a pretty good scrimmage, defense is definitely Westfield's strength.

Westfield's offense looked better than last week, Scanlon is more of a threat at WR than QB. Westfield put Scanlon at wide out in the 3rd quarter, back up QB Johnson threw a beautiful pass on the money. Scanlon took it to the house, think it was an 80 yard scoring play. Pass probably covered 40 of those yards.

Westfield's two top running backs Pearson and Monticue did not dress again. Third straight scrimmage they have not participated in, one was being discilplined the other nursing a hamstring.

Westfield will definitely need to rely on their D to start the season until the offense can mesh. Would be nice to see the starting running backs actually play!!

Posted by: Scrimmages ()
Date: August 28, 2015 12:15PM

I think WS was up 20-14 at after 3 qtrs. looked like they pulled most of their starters after the RB got hurt and played the rest of the way with back ups. Oakton definitely scored on their two's. However Oakton did control the line of scrimmage most of the night. WS in it with a couple big plays. WS have some playmakers but not too strong upfront. Both teams look like they need some work

Posted by: Aah ()
Date: August 28, 2015 09:54PM

How did the Annandale Fairfax scrimmage go? Anybody know

Posted by: Footballfan2099 ()
Date: August 28, 2015 10:21PM

Anybody hear anything about TC Williams this year? The have a quality new HC. Was interested to see how their two scrimmages went.

Posted by: Johnny Reb 3 ()
Date: August 29, 2015 06:54AM

Fairfax won 60-14

Date: August 29, 2015 09:27AM

TC will try to instill the discipline that carried Cville to 3 of the last 4 state finals....some Good talent on the staff in asst. coaches...we know the Talent has always been there, question is how to get the street out of the talent and keep the talent on the Field...ol ex Wildcat might have bitten off more than he can chew...or he might prove who the real "brains" behind C-villes run was! We shall see.

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: August 29, 2015 09:31AM

Here are the initial week 1 predictions for next week. They’re usually off the first couple of weeks as I get a lay of the land. Nevertheless a lot of great matchups.

Thursday - September 3, 2015

Chantilly (-10.0) @ W.T. Woodson
*Woodson is on the rise, look for them to be one of the most improved teams this year. This won’t be the typical 5 touchdown win Chantilly has had against Woodson the past few years. Chantilly has a little more depth and Woodson’s defense still isn’t at a high enough level.

Hayfield (-20.0) @ Edison

Herndon @ Fairfax (-6.5)

West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)

Westfield (-40.0) @ Washington-Lee

Friday – September 4, 2015

Briar Woods @ South County (-7.0)
*This will be a game worth keeping an eye on as it is the first of many Fairfax-Loudoun showdowns. Briar Woods lost a tough opener to Tuscarora last night and now has another tough matchup this week.

Broad Run (-14.0) @ Wakefield

Centreville (-31.0) @ Annandale

Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Lee

Madison (-1.0) @ Oakton
*This is the closest on paper this matchup has been in a while. I imagine it will be a good game.

McLean @ Stone Bridge (-28.0)

Robinson @ West Springfield (-6.0)
*This game could really go either way with two above average teams. Another great game to consider Friday night.

South Lakes (-10.0) @ Marshall

Stuart @ Mount Vernon (-7.0)
*The good news is one of these teams will get a win, which they will be few and hard to come by this year.

TC Williams (-35.0) @ Thomas Jefferson

Date: August 29, 2015 12:44PM

Fairfax must be loaded, 60-14 beat down, of who was that?

Posted by: not so sure ()
Date: August 29, 2015 01:22PM

No disrespect but do not think that Fairfax football is loaded....not nearly on the same level as Cville, Wfield, Braddock, etc.

Sorry

Date: August 29, 2015 02:23PM

Dematha destroying the #2 team in the nation, Miami Central, good thing Westfield worked out all their kinks...fairfax was scrimmaging Herndons Ankelbiter team so that game went just about as it should have...

Posted by: Week 1 Predictions ()
Date: August 29, 2015 02:50PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Here are the initial week 1 predictions for next
> week. They’re usually off the first couple of
> weeks as I get a lay of the land. Nevertheless a
> lot of great matchups.
>
>
> Thursday - September 3, 2015
>
> Chantilly (-10.0) @ W.T. Woodson
> *Woodson is on the rise, look for them to be one
> of the most improved teams this year. This
> won’t be the typical 5 touchdown win Chantilly
> has had against Woodson the past few years.
> Chantilly has a little more depth and Woodson’s
> defense still isn’t at a high enough level.
>
> Hayfield (-20.0) @ Edison
>
> Herndon @ Fairfax (-6.5)
>
> West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)
>
> Westfield (-40.0) @ Washington-Lee
>
>
> Friday – September 4, 2015
>
> Briar Woods @ South County (-7.0)
> *This will be a game worth keeping an eye on as it
> is the first of many Fairfax-Loudoun showdowns.
> Briar Woods lost a tough opener to Tuscarora last
> night and now has another tough matchup this
> week.
>
> Broad Run (-14.0) @ Wakefield
>
> Centreville (-31.0) @ Annandale
>
> Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Lee
>
> Madison (-1.0) @ Oakton
> *This is the closest on paper this matchup has
> been in a while. I imagine it will be a good
> game.
>
> McLean @ Stone Bridge (-28.0)
>
> Robinson @ West Springfield (-6.0)
> *This game could really go either way with two
> above average teams. Another great game to
> consider Friday night.
>
> South Lakes (-10.0) @ Marshall
>
> Stuart @ Mount Vernon (-7.0)
> *The good news is one of these teams will get a
> win, which they will be few and hard to come by
> this year.
>
> TC Williams (-35.0) @ Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Mr K2*,

Good predictions for week 1; can't wait to see if the favorites live up to the expectations and ratings.

Not sure about how much rise for Woodson; Chantilly should win by 4 TDs

Briar Woods vs SC should be a very close game; Upset alert for So Co.

If Cville is real deal then they win by 6 TDs.

WS should be able to cover the spread but depends on if their D can stop Rams ground game.

Posted by: Dematha Watcher ()
Date: August 29, 2015 03:06PM

Watching Dematha play on ESPN today. A few thoughts come to mind:

1) are all of those kids in their original grades? How many 19 and 20 year olds are on their team? They don't look like teenagers.

2) How many of their players are paying bupkis to attend the private Catholic school in Hyattsville?

3) How many coaches does Dematha have? I've seen fewer coaches on NFL sidelines? The blue baseball caps and gray "Dematha Football" polos were all over the sideline.

4) I give WF kudos for scrimmaging them; no way should any NOVA public school play them in a real game. It's semipros v. amateurs.

Posted by: Vv ()
Date: August 29, 2015 03:12PM

Fairfax lost to Annandale 0-28, their offense didn't score all night....

Posted by: Rebelman ()
Date: August 29, 2015 04:07PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Here are the initial week 1 predictions for next
> week. They’re usually off the first couple of
> weeks as I get a lay of the land. Nevertheless a
> lot of great matchups.
>
>
> Thursday - September 3, 2015
>
> Chantilly (-10.0) @ W.T. Woodson
> *Woodson is on the rise, look for them to be one
> of the most improved teams this year. This
> won’t be the typical 5 touchdown win Chantilly
> has had against Woodson the past few years.
> Chantilly has a little more depth and Woodson’s
> defense still isn’t at a high enough level.
>
> Hayfield (-20.0) @ Edison
>
> Herndon @ Fairfax (-6.5)
>
> West Potomac @ Langley (-8.5)
>
> Westfield (-40.0) @ Washington-Lee
>
>
> Friday – September 4, 2015
>
> Briar Woods @ South County (-7.0)
> *This will be a game worth keeping an eye on as it
> is the first of many Fairfax-Loudoun showdowns.
> Briar Woods lost a tough opener to Tuscarora last
> night and now has another tough matchup this
> week.
>
> Broad Run (-14.0) @ Wakefield
>
> Centreville (-31.0) @ Annandale
>
> Lake Braddock (-28.0) @ Lee
>
> Madison (-1.0) @ Oakton
> *This is the closest on paper this matchup has
> been in a while. I imagine it will be a good
> game.
>
> McLean @ Stone Bridge (-28.0)
>
> Robinson @ West Springfield (-6.0)
> *This game could really go either way with two
> above average teams. Another great game to
> consider Friday night.
>
> South Lakes (-10.0) @ Marshall
>
> Stuart @ Mount Vernon (-7.0)
> *The good news is one of these teams will get a
> win, which they will be few and hard to come by
> this year.
>
> TC Williams (-35.0) @ Thomas Jefferson

I remember well how good you were at picking spreads for Fairfax games last year, so thanks for installing the Rebels as favorites.

Fairfax did lose the scrimmage to Annandale 28-0. That was a good test for Fairfax, as it showed what it needs to work on. The game really turned in the second quarter. Annandale was up 14-0, but Fairfax had a nice drive going, that started on the 20. Unfortunately for Fairfax, they fumbled inside the red zone, and turned it over to Annandale. They were able to drive for a score just before half.

Annandale looked good. They are Well-coached. They may be a sleeper team this year. I wouldn't expect them to beat Centreville, but I don't know that I would make Centreville a 31 point favorite in that game.

Date: August 29, 2015 05:34PM

Relative to the above Dematha questions....they are all good Catholics so age and tuition do not matter to the Pope...

Was nice to see the Majority of the Annandale staff at the Cville Hilton Scrimmage...Annandale could be a respectful 7 & 3

Posted by: ConcordeWatcher ()
Date: August 29, 2015 06:16PM

How does Weastfield QB Scanlon compare to previous QB's for the Bulldogs?

Posted by: C'mpn Man ()
Date: August 29, 2015 06:22PM

Scanlon is a good QB, but he's a much better WR and poses more of a threat at that position.

The back-up QB Johnson is the better of the two, he also runs very well. The only issue with him is whether he has the mental toughness to be the QB.

Westfield, as all successful programs have high expectations, if the QB isn't up to par it can get pretty ugly.

Date: August 29, 2015 06:51PM

If Scanlon or Johnson can't make it happen, you put Joey Free under center and have him hand off to Pearson...who will be a difference maker and that's what Westfields does...Run the Ball...what other team playing in the State semi-finals would only Target their 6'6" receiver once....

Posted by: The Pope ()
Date: August 29, 2015 07:06PM

Dematha Watcher Wrote:
> Watching Dematha play on ESPN today. A few
> thoughts come to mind:
>
> 1) are all of those kids in their original grades?
> How many 19 and 20 year olds are on their team?
> They don't look like teenagers.
>
> 2) How many of their players are paying bupkis to
> attend the private Catholic school in Hyattsville?
>
>
> 3) How many coaches does Dematha have? I've seen
> fewer coaches on NFL sidelines? The blue baseball
> caps and gray "Dematha Football" polos were all
> over the sideline.
>
> 4) I give WF kudos for scrimmaging them; no way
> should any NOVA public school play them in a real
> game. It's semipros v. amateurs.

Yes, they are all teenagers but I doubt they are Catholic...
Those Dematha boys are all 3 and 4 star prospects that have good genetics.

I'm sure they are all getting a free education unless their families are wealthy.

It takes a village to raise a child so coach to player ratio is probably about 2 or 3:1 ratio.

You are right about public vs private. This is a team of all stars except the punter looked kind of weak.

Posted by: Records department ()
Date: August 29, 2015 07:36PM

If you look at their Birth dates espn top 300/max preps...many are 18 and a few months...our public school kids don't usually start turning 18 until January/February following football..and yes their kicking game is horrendous...

Posted by: Westfield question ()
Date: August 29, 2015 08:59PM

I've heard from some Westfield faithful that Scanlons's family demanded that he play QB this year, not WR. I agree at WR he can do more damage.

Is there any truth to this rumor, or is it a bunch of hooey?

Posted by: Westfield slush Fund ()
Date: August 29, 2015 09:12PM

First and foremost, Scanlon is going to college on a Basketball Scholarship..the coaching staff has been doing everything to "give" Johnson the job..it's nice to have a 6'6" weapon on the field regardless of where he plays..no ones demanding anything...Johnson simply is not taking the Job...they both will see action at QB and just like at Quince Orchard, Scanlon will throw Td's and Catch Td's ....until Johnson figures it out!

Posted by: Travelrocks ()
Date: August 29, 2015 09:23PM

Hylton got shut out last night for the first time since 2007, 28-0 to Battlefield.

Hylton was 9th ranked in the Wash Post poll.

Posted by: a coach ()
Date: August 30, 2015 12:45AM

Dematha Watcher Wrote:
> Watching Dematha play on ESPN today. A few
> thoughts come to mind:
>
> 1) are all of those kids in their original grades?
> How many 19 and 20 year olds are on their team?
> They don't look like teenagers.
>
> 2) How many of their players are paying bupkis to
> attend the private Catholic school in Hyattsville?
>
>
> 3) How many coaches does Dematha have? I've seen
> fewer coaches on NFL sidelines? The blue baseball
> caps and gray "Dematha Football" polos were all
> over the sideline.
>
> 4) I give WF kudos for scrimmaging them; no way
> should any NOVA public school play them in a real
> game. It's semipros v. amateurs.

Dematha has 22 coaches in their team photo. They must have a right guard coach, a left guard coach, etc.

Posted by: suck at the teat ()
Date: August 30, 2015 10:36AM

All the DeMatha coaches are just a bunch of gangsta wannabes

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.