HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678AllNext
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Yeppers ()
Date: September 21, 2013 07:26PM

updates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heard He had his preliminary hearing this week and
> apparently there was more than enough evidence
> from the victim and the investigation. He is
> staying behind bars until further notice. This
> had to be a very hard day for everyone involved.
> Just goes to show you, nobody is who they appear
> to be. Everyone has a skeleton in a closet
> somewhere. The victim has a long road of recovery
> ahead of her, that's for sure.

When is the court date?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: September 23, 2013 01:40PM

If you are so sure of your "facts" why wasn't he charged with POSSESSION of Child Porn? You claim he was caught because he had a photo and showed it to people...that's possession, right? Where is the charge? Fact of the matter is you're talking out of your ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Back to you ()
Date: September 23, 2013 02:12PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are so sure of your "facts" why wasn't he
> charged with POSSESSION of Child Porn? You claim
> he was caught because he had a photo and showed it
> to people...that's possession, right? Where is
> the charge? Fact of the matter is you're talking
> out of your ass.

how do you know he wasn't charged with it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: September 23, 2013 11:26PM

If you aren't even aware of what his charges are I can't help you.


Back to you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you are so sure of your "facts" why wasn't
> he
> > charged with POSSESSION of Child Porn? You
> claim
> > he was caught because he had a photo and showed
> it
> > to people...that's possession, right? Where is
> > the charge? Fact of the matter is you're
> talking
> > out of your ass.
>
> how do you know he wasn't charged with it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Back to you ()
Date: September 24, 2013 04:59AM

Well I hope he's enjoying jail time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Hmmmm ()
Date: September 24, 2013 04:26PM

CR00002557-80 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA OBJ SEXUAL PENETRATION 10/22/2013 Active
CR00025476-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
CR00025477-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
CR00025478-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013 Active
CR00025578-02 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA FORCIBLE SODOMY 10/22/2013 Active

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: September 24, 2013 04:43PM

Yet some of you seem to think free play is bad for your kids and you need to drive them around in the gas guzzler to 10 different activities a week. Interesting?


Time to ban men from coaching Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Va. basketball coach facing child porn, sex
> assault charges
> Wednesday - 8/7/2013, 11:53am
>
> WASHINGTON - A trainer and basketball coach in
> Virginia has been arrested and charged with sexual
> assault and solicitation of child pornography.
>
> The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says
> 39-year-old Marlow Mikassa Afshartous of Reston
> has provided basketball instruction at Claude
> Moore Recreation Center in Sterling and the
> now-closed Hoop Magic in Chantilly.
>
> Afshartous also is known as Marlow Talley.
> Authorities say he additionally participated with
> the Fairfax Stars and at Georgetown Day School.
>
> Investigators with the sheriff's office in June
> began looking into allegations that Afshartous had
> a sexual relationship with a female athlete under
> the age of 13. He was arrested last weekend with
> the help of Fairfax County police and is being
> held without bond.
>
> Authorities say they are continuing the
> investigation to see if there may be additional
> alleged victims. Anyone with information is asked
> to call 703-777-0475.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Facts for you ()
Date: September 24, 2013 06:32PM

Hmmmm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CR00002557-80 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA OBJ
> SEXUAL PENETRATION 10/22/2013 Active
> CR00025476-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND
> APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
> CR00025477-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND
> APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
> CR00025478-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND
> APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
> CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT
> CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013 Active
> CR00025578-02 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA
> FORCIBLE SODOMY 10/22/2013 Active

Wow, there you go Justhefacts. Facts, still standing behind your man?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Lots of Facts ()
Date: September 24, 2013 07:28PM

Facts for you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > CR00002557-80 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA OBJ
> > SEXUAL PENETRATION 10/22/2013 Active
> > CR00025476-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND
> > APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
> > CR00025477-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND
> > APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
> > CR00025478-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND
> > APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
> > CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA
> SOLICIT
> > CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013 Active
> > CR00025578-02 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA
> > FORCIBLE SODOMY 10/22/2013 Active
>
> Wow, there you go Justhefacts. Facts, still
> standing behind your man?

Justhefacts: It's...It's...It's...just a big misunderstanding...He's being framed...Yeah that's it...He's being framed because he's black.

Coming soon...Race Card defense!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: September 29, 2013 08:48PM

Facts for you Wrote:

>
> Wow, there you go Justhefacts. Facts, still
> standing behind your man?



Obviously you don't know how to read or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: updates? ()
Date: October 05, 2013 12:22PM

any updates on this case?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Updated ()
Date: October 06, 2013 03:48PM

updates? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any updates on this case?


CR00002557-80 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA OBJ SEXUAL PENETRATION 10/22/2013 Active
CR00025476-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
CR00025477-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
CR00025478-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA BOND APPEAL 10/08/2013 Active
CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013 Active
CR00025578-02 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA FORCIBLE SODOMY 10/22/2013 Active

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: If Convicted ()
Date: October 07, 2013 01:03PM

His next job will be an executive position with the ACLU or the DNC. He will have his pick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: appeal ()
Date: October 07, 2013 03:29PM

Looks like he will be trying to appeal his bond tomorrow. He has been behind bars for 64 days. I am sure he wants out. Wonder what bond amount, if any, they will set for him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: it's a shame ()
Date: October 07, 2013 03:48PM

but this will be a great learning lesson for a lot of people - you really don't know someone as well as you think you now them. ain't that right 'justthefacts'?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: childhoodfriend ()
Date: October 07, 2013 06:42PM

I personally have known Marlow since we were small kids and the man wouldn't hurt a fly. Never judge a book by his cover and this is a free country with laws which holds him innocent until proven guilty. It's sad people on here using the N word or making comments about a guy who would give the shirt off his back to help anyone. Where are other victims??? he is innocent and being nailed to a cross by the media

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Furthermore ()
Date: October 07, 2013 09:54PM

childhoodfriend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It's sad people on here using the N word
> or making comments about a guy who would give the
> shirt off his back to help anyone.

Apparently, he'd give the pants off his groin to help someone in need as well. Especially if it was a young girl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Make it racial ()
Date: October 07, 2013 11:38PM

childhoodfriend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I personally have known Marlow since we were small
> kids and the man wouldn't hurt a fly. Never judge
> a book by his cover and this is a free country
> with laws which holds him innocent until proven
> guilty. It's sad people on here using the N word
> or making comments about a guy who would give the
> shirt off his back to help anyone. Where are other
> victims??? he is innocent and being nailed to a
> cross by the media

Always have to make it about race when all else fails. Been trying to get it in there but no one will bite. Do not care if he was white, yellow, brown a sex offender is a sex offender

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:32AM

it's a shame Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but this will be a great learning lesson for a lot
> of people - you really don't know someone as well
> as you think you now them. ain't that right
> 'justthefacts'?


What I am learning is that people who don't know anything make up whatever they want when someone is charged with a crime. Forget the fact that the person charged hasn't been convicted of anything. Sad little lives some people lead. I am sure you're going to be just as dishonest and critical when someone you know, possibly even a family member is arrested and charged with a crime. Hopefully you'll be arrested and trashed on the internet as well one day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:34AM

Make it racial Wrote:

>
> Always have to make it about race when all else
> fails. Been trying to get it in there but no one
> will bite. Do not care if he was white, yellow,
> brown a sex offender is a sex offender



He is a sex offender? Please provide link to convictions. How about providing a link to the little "sex offender map" of Virginia with his name listed on it? Anything? So as usual, you'll make something up out of thin air to trash someone you don't know? Congratulations. Your life is full of purpose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: is it just me? ()
Date: October 08, 2013 08:12AM

or does 'justthefacts' seem to have a super crush on Marlow?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Uh... ()
Date: October 08, 2013 08:35AM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Make it racial Wrote:
>
> >
> > Always have to make it about race when all else
> > fails. Been trying to get it in there but no
> one
> > will bite. Do not care if he was white, yellow,
> > brown a sex offender is a sex offender
>
>
>
> He is a sex offender? Please provide link to
> convictions. How about providing a link to the
> little "sex offender map" of Virginia with his
> name listed on it? Anything? So as usual, you'll
> make something up out of thin air to trash someone
> you don't know? Congratulations. Your life is
> full of purpose.

Here you go...
Attachments:
new20jail.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: skeletons ()
Date: October 08, 2013 09:02AM

While Marlow may have been a nice guy, he can still have skeletons in his closet. Just because you are nice or would give the shirt off your back, doesn't mean that he couldn't have crossed the line, even if there is no track record of him every doing this in the past. There is a first time for everything.
He was 39 and the victim was 12. Clearly he should have known better. I believe he has 2 young daughters. I can only hope that he would have thought about them in this scenario. Time will tell his fate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: You dumass ()
Date: October 08, 2013 10:26AM

CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013 Active
CR00025578-02 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA FORCIBLE SODOMY 10/22/2013 Active

Justhefacts again here are the facts. Look and read these charges. How can you support a man charged with these? "Forcible Sodomy" means he ether forced a 12 year old girl to give him head or he forcefully put his dick into her ass. The child porn is from the naked picture of a 12 year old girl on his phone. If he was so great why did he not delete the picture. No he was showing it to others, that is how he got caught. Here is a fact I'm sure all reading this will agree, your a fuc*ing idiot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:06PM

Uh... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Here you go...


Complete fail...as I expected from a douchebag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:07PM

skeletons Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While Marlow may have been a nice guy, he can
> still have skeletons in his closet. Just because
> you are nice or would give the shirt off your
> back, doesn't mean that he couldn't have crossed
> the line, even if there is no track record of him
> every doing this in the past. There is a first
> time for everything.
> He was 39 and the victim was 12. Clearly he
> should have known better. I believe he has 2
> young daughters. I can only hope that he would
> have thought about them in this scenario. Time
> will tell his fate.



I don't disagree with that...so let it play out in court instead of condemning him based on CHARGES.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:09PM

You dumass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT
> CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013 Active
> CR00025578-02 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA FORCIBLE
> SODOMY 10/22/2013 Active
>
> Justhefacts again here are the facts. Look and
> read these charges. How can you support a man
> charged with these? "Forcible Sodomy" means he
> ether forced a 12 year old girl to give him head
> or he forcefully put his dick into her ass. The
> child porn is from the naked picture of a 12 year
> old girl on his phone. If he was so great why did
> he not delete the picture. No he was showing it to
> others, that is how he got caught. Here is a fact
> I'm sure all reading this will agree, your a
> fuc*ing idiot


You seem to want to make yourself look more stupid with each post. READ THE FUCKING CHARGES. "SOLICITATION" isn't "POSSESSION". You keep talking about a photo, what photo? He isn't charged with possession. There is no photo. That is a fact. That's why they couldn't charge him with POSSESSION. You know the difference between the words "SOLICITATION" and "POSSESSION" I assume? No, probably not. As far as his other charges go. What is the definition of "CHARGE"? You seem to be having trouble with that one too. "CHARGE" doesn't mean "GUILTY." I think you just lack the ability to grasp basic concepts of the law and the English language.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:11PM

is it just me? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> or does 'justthefacts' seem to have a super crush
> on Marlow?


I merely have a crush on this country and the laws within it. People are not convicted of a crime just because they are charged with a crime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: but I wonder ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:17PM

if 'justthefacts' would be comfortable letting Marlow hang out with his 12 year old daughter. personally, 'object sexual penetration' and 'forceable sodomy' CHARGES - yes CHARGES - are enough for me to just let this all go. Marlow is the one that will have to deal with all of this in the end. I just hope that you 'justthefacts' aren't so heartbroken after the trial that you can't go on...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:56PM

but I wonder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if 'justthefacts' would be comfortable letting
> Marlow hang out with his 12 year old daughter.
> personally, 'object sexual penetration' and
> 'forceable sodomy' CHARGES - yes CHARGES - are
> enough for me to just let this all go. Marlow is
> the one that will have to deal with all of this in
> the end. I just hope that you 'justthefacts'
> aren't so heartbroken after the trial that you
> can't go on...


Great. He has been around my family a great deal. So I guess it's time for you to let it go?

If he is found guilty, then he is guilty. Until then, he is presumed innocent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Uh... ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:24PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but I wonder Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > if 'justthefacts' would be comfortable letting
> > Marlow hang out with his 12 year old daughter.
> > personally, 'object sexual penetration' and
> > 'forceable sodomy' CHARGES - yes CHARGES - are
> > enough for me to just let this all go. Marlow
> is
> > the one that will have to deal with all of this
> in
> > the end. I just hope that you 'justthefacts'
> > aren't so heartbroken after the trial that you
> > can't go on...
>
>
> Great. He has been around my family a great deal.
> So I guess it's time for you to let it go?
>
> If he is found guilty, then he is guilty. Until
> then, he is presumed innocent.

And even if he is found guilty you can always do the "Jailhouse Rock"...
Attachments:
Elvis_Presley_Jailhouse_Rock2.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: truthbeknown ()
Date: October 09, 2013 08:33AM

Wow! I guess there is enough evidence to deny him bond. He will have to stay in jail until his trial in March. Sad for everyone. I hope the victim will be okay mentally- that is a lot to carry, and I hope his family, especially his children can take each day at a time.

http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/basketball_coach_again_denied_bond529

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ()
Date: October 09, 2013 09:40AM

According to Cichocki, the abuse took place from April to November 2012 at three separate locations: Claude Moore Recreation Center, a church off Evergreen Mills Road and at an outdoor court on Braddock Road, west of Gum Spring Road. The victim stated that on multiple occasions, Afshartous would kiss her, and in other instances digitally penetrated her and once forced her to perform oral sex on him. The abuse occurred in the equipment room and also in Afshartous's SUV. In addition, investigators retrieved approximately 7,000 text messages on the victim's phone between her and Afshartous.

IF A MAN LIKE's to coach SO much COACH guys!!! OR maybe they would punk the shit out of you so you stay with GIRLS!!!!!...................

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ACLU Executive ()
Date: October 09, 2013 09:47AM

truthbeknown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! I guess there is enough evidence to deny him
> bond. He will have to stay in jail until his
> trial in March. Sad for everyone. I hope the
> victim will be okay mentally- that is a lot to
> carry, and I hope his family, especially his
> children can take each day at a time.
>
> http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/basketbal
> l_coach_again_denied_bond529

That's a shame. He's going to make a great spokesman for the ACLU in our quest for tolerance for pedophiles. Can't wait to hire him at the ACLU!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: well well well ()
Date: October 09, 2013 10:16AM

where is 'justthefacts' now?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: poor guy ()
Date: October 09, 2013 10:54AM

he's such a great guy and coach - surely this is all just a misunderstanding, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: just the facts redux ()
Date: October 09, 2013 11:41AM

It is of course the case that this defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

And extreme or racist statements don't bear on the facts of what actually happened.

But justthefacts needs some balance e in his/her comments. I am fascinated yet not surprised that so-called circumstantial evidence is often the most compelling evidence of all.

If it is indeed the case that the suspect either sent or received 7000 (yikes) text messages from the young girl, then it is easy to see why this guy cannot make bail. If there actually 7000 messages between the suspect and the girl, and given the other stated evidence, well, things look very, very dim for the suspect. And the problem with 7000 messages is that it is such a substantial body of work that the messages give insight into the state of mind and intent of the suspect.

Again, like it or not justthefacts, this does not bode well for the defendant and there is a reason he has been denied bond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: shame ()
Date: October 09, 2013 11:48AM

It really is a shame. I can't understand why he felt a 12 year old could fix all of his problems. Where was his wife in all this? 7,000 text messages? Wasn't the wife suspicious of all his time on the phone? I guess that is where the saying, "what you allow will continue" comes in. There are NO WINNERS here. 2 families forever changed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: it is more than just 2 families ()
Date: October 09, 2013 11:51AM

this will impact/change a lot of people's thinking going forward. there are a LOT of families that basically trusted Marlow completely with their kid(s).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: handsoftime ()
Date: October 09, 2013 12:04PM

I do believe this very well could have been Marlow's "first" sexual encounter with a youth. No other victims have come forward. But, I it only takes one, right? You don't need a mile long list of victims to prove someones wrong-doing. Sounds like he had an infatuation and got in over his head. His judgement may have been out of character for him, but it doesn't change the fact that what he did was so terribly wrong. If only he could turn back the hands of time. Sad, Sad, Sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: I predict ()
Date: October 09, 2013 02:25PM

that we won't hear another peep out of 'justthefacts' - pitiful all the way around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: remember ()
Date: October 10, 2013 09:16AM

For all the good he may have done, this is what people will remember most about Marlow. Hoping therapy is in the works for everyone to understand why this has happened. What was he missing in his life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: too many ()
Date: October 10, 2013 10:43AM

Let's all understand that there are male sexual predators coaching our girls and we need to pay attention to the warning signs.

You are naive if you think this is isolated and will never happen again.

There are mor eof these guys out there preying on these kids.

Lastly, to the idiot who trys to mimize this horrific act-you, are batcrazy.

Preying on a 12 year old can NEVER be described lightly as an infatuation of being in over one's head.

Respect the victim and choose your words mor ecarefully.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: you can't fix stupid ()
Date: October 10, 2013 11:01AM

arguing with an idiot only makes you one as well. and this comment isn't directed to any specific poster on this thread, just a thought I wanted to share. There are people who will go to their graves believing that Marlow is innocent, and likewise those that will believe he is guilty - regardless of whatever evidence is presented at trial, whatever the outcome of the trial, etc. etc. SO - if you have kids - pay attention to who they are spending their time with - especially time that is unsupervised.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: definition ()
Date: October 10, 2013 11:20AM

The definition of infatuation is: A foolish, unreasoning, or extravagant passion or attraction. I'm thinking this was an appropriate term to use to describe Marlow's thoughts or he wouldn't have continued for as long as the detective stated. My heart goes out to the victim. I hope she knows she did nothing wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Terry McCronyism ()
Date: October 10, 2013 11:52AM

If he's convicted as a pedophile, he'd automatically be qualified to run as a Democrat in the next election. Perhaps as governor, congressman, or even Senator!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: October 11, 2013 09:36PM

Is Sharyl Attkisson related to Todd Attkisson and did she comment yet on his recent arrest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: everywhere ()
Date: October 12, 2013 10:56AM

Can't believe there are still people that believe this couldn't have happened. Good guy or not, remember Priests get a full following of worshippers and still are doing these things to kids. It happens everywhere and nobody is excluded. Praying for the victim.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: PackNforAmerica ()
Date: October 12, 2013 02:21PM

The life of this girl or Talley will ever be the same regardless of the outcome. Most of the negative comments on this post are either ignorant or racially motivated. Either way Stupid!!!!!!! Let the case take it's course....If guilty PUNISH HIM...If NOT APOLOGIZE, and prepare for a lawsuit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Busted! ()
Date: October 14, 2013 12:41PM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to Cichocki, the abuse took place from
> April to November 2012 at three separate
> locations: Claude Moore Recreation Center, a
> church off Evergreen Mills Road and at an outdoor
> court on Braddock Road, west of Gum Spring Road.
> The victim stated that on multiple occasions,
> Afshartous would kiss her, and in other instances
> digitally penetrated her and once forced her to
> perform oral sex on him. The abuse occurred in the
> equipment room and also in Afshartous's SUV. In
> addition, investigators retrieved approximately
> 7,000 text messages on the victim's phone between
> her and Afshartous.
>
Guilty as charged.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: questions ()
Date: October 15, 2013 01:26PM

Busted! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > According to Cichocki, the abuse took place
> from
> > April to November 2012 at three separate
> > locations: Claude Moore Recreation Center, a
> > church off Evergreen Mills Road and at an
> outdoor
> > court on Braddock Road, west of Gum Spring
> Road.
> > The victim stated that on multiple occasions,
> > Afshartous would kiss her, and in other
> instances
> > digitally penetrated her and once forced her to
> > perform oral sex on him. The abuse occurred in
> the
> > equipment room and also in Afshartous's SUV. In
> > addition, investigators retrieved approximately
> > 7,000 text messages on the victim's phone
> between
> > her and Afshartous.
> >
> Guilty as charged.

How much time is he looking at, if found guilty on all charges?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: i would guess ()
Date: October 15, 2013 02:00PM

10-15 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: I still don't understand ()
Date: October 15, 2013 02:02PM

why was he denied bond?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: toomuch ()
Date: October 15, 2013 02:59PM

Bond was denied because there is too much evidence against him. Not sure if he has a criminal background or not. That may decide if/how much time he may get. Sad for both families.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Sad ()
Date: October 16, 2013 12:18AM

This is a sad story

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: toomuch ()
Date: October 16, 2013 08:12AM

Yes, it is. I am sure if there was a rewind button, it would be given a push.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 04:06AM

just the facts redux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is of course the case that this defendant is
> presumed innocent until proven guilty.
>
> And extreme or racist statements don't bear on the
> facts of what actually happened.
>
> But justthefacts needs some balance e in his/her
> comments. I am fascinated yet not surprised that
> so-called circumstantial evidence is often the
> most compelling evidence of all.
>
> If it is indeed the case that the suspect either
> sent or received 7000 (yikes) text messages from
> the young girl, then it is easy to see why this
> guy cannot make bail. If there actually 7000
> messages between the suspect and the girl, and
> given the other stated evidence, well, things look
> very, very dim for the suspect. And the problem
> with 7000 messages is that it is such a
> substantial body of work that the messages give
> insight into the state of mind and intent of the
> suspect.
>
> Again, like it or not justthefacts, this does not
> bode well for the defendant and there is a reason
> he has been denied bond.


I like to be singled out for some reason, but you came with a concise and interesting comment so I'll reply to it. First, I have stated, because it seems to have been missed by many...that Marlow very well could be found guilty. Very well could be guilty. That's not for me to determine.

Second, text messages between trainers and their clients are part of the business. They may very well show state of mind and bad things. They may also show absolutely nothing. To assume one way or the other isn't showing "balance" at all, like you said my comments didn't show.

Third, she says something happened. He says nothing happened. Obviously those text messages will have to show - beyond a reasonable doubt - that the events did happen as described. Do they? Neither you nor I can say yes or no, they do or don't. There is an extreme lack of physical evidence. An extreme lack of eyewitnesses. I know for a fact there were other kids around during some of these encounters. Kids from the same AAU team as the girl. The same girls whose parents just testified on his behalf. Even some of them attended some of these events. Not everything is as cut and dry as the prosecution is trying to make it look. During the bond hearing, that's their job. Make it look as bad as possible.

During the first bond hearing, they claimed multiple people were coming forward and new charges were pending. They denied his bond. This hearing, where were those statements? Where are the new charges? Where are the additional girls? In addition to all that, Virginia has a list of crimes where getting bond is almost impossible when you are charged with them. It's no secret. Marlow's charges just so happen to fall in that list.

Again, he very well may be guilty. I am not the one to make that determination. I will even say they may have enough to convict him even if he isn't actually guilty. I have known him for decades. He's been around my family. I am a competitor of his in the world of training. My personal feelings, after weighing everything I've seen and heard in the bond hearings and from him and his family, and just the mere fact I have known him so long, in my judgement, I don't see how this is possible. I don't see how he could have done this. That's my personal opinion. Yes, he could very well have and be convicted of it. If that happens, I feel sorry for his kids and his family. I will not feel sorry for him if he is convicted. I do feel bad for him right now because he has essentially been found guilty, locked up for months, without a trial. Nobody should be convicted without a trial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 04:07AM

I predict Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that we won't hear another peep out of
> 'justthefacts' - pitiful all the way around.


Sorry, you are wrong again. Per usual.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: give it up ()
Date: October 17, 2013 07:59AM

'justthefacts' - no one wants to hear logical and well thought out explanations - it is much more fun to bash the brother.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: canhappen ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:28AM

From what I gather the victim and Marlow were alone on these encounters, so no other players were around. I don't think Marlow would be that stupid to do things in "front" of them. He did MANY 1 on 1 training sessions with his players. If there is a will there is a way. Just because you may know someone doesn't mean they can't have skeletons. Proof is proof. I am sad for both families.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: I will say it again ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:38AM

someone please explain to me the difference between this case against Marlow and the case down in Ashland, VA against Todd Attkisson. I have my own opinions as to why one was denied bond and one was not, but could someone please enlighten me, as I am often accused of being wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: whacko on board ()
Date: October 17, 2013 11:04AM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just the facts redux Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It is of course the case that this defendant is
> > presumed innocent until proven guilty.
> >
> > And extreme or racist statements don't bear on
> the
> > facts of what actually happened.
> >
> > But justthefacts needs some balance e in
> his/her
> > comments. I am fascinated yet not surprised
> that
> > so-called circumstantial evidence is often the
> > most compelling evidence of all.
> >
> > If it is indeed the case that the suspect
> either
> > sent or received 7000 (yikes) text messages
> from
> > the young girl, then it is easy to see why this
> > guy cannot make bail. If there actually 7000
> > messages between the suspect and the girl, and
> > given the other stated evidence, well, things
> look
> > very, very dim for the suspect. And the
> problem
> > with 7000 messages is that it is such a
> > substantial body of work that the messages give
> > insight into the state of mind and intent of
> the
> > suspect.
> >
> > Again, like it or not justthefacts, this does
> not
> > bode well for the defendant and there is a
> reason
> > he has been denied bond.
>
>
> I like to be singled out for some reason, but you
> came with a concise and interesting comment so
> I'll reply to it. First, I have stated, because
> it seems to have been missed by many...that Marlow
> very well could be found guilty. Very well could
> be guilty. That's not for me to determine.
>
> Second, text messages between trainers and their
> clients are part of the business. They may very
> well show state of mind and bad things. They may
> also show absolutely nothing. To assume one way
> or the other isn't showing "balance" at all, like
> you said my comments didn't show.
>
> Third, she says something happened. He says
> nothing happened. Obviously those text messages
> will have to show - beyond a reasonable doubt -
> that the events did happen as described. Do they?
> Neither you nor I can say yes or no, they do or
> don't. There is an extreme lack of physical
> evidence. An extreme lack of eyewitnesses. I
> know for a fact there were other kids around
> during some of these encounters. Kids from the
> same AAU team as the girl. The same girls whose
> parents just testified on his behalf. Even some
> of them attended some of these events. Not
> everything is as cut and dry as the prosecution is
> trying to make it look. During the bond hearing,
> that's their job. Make it look as bad as
> possible.
>
> During the first bond hearing, they claimed
> multiple people were coming forward and new
> charges were pending. They denied his bond. This
> hearing, where were those statements? Where are
> the new charges? Where are the additional girls?
> In addition to all that, Virginia has a list of
> crimes where getting bond is almost impossible
> when you are charged with them. It's no secret.
> Marlow's charges just so happen to fall in that
> list.
>
> Again, he very well may be guilty. I am not the
> one to make that determination. I will even say
> they may have enough to convict him even if he
> isn't actually guilty. I have known him for
> decades. He's been around my family. I am a
> competitor of his in the world of training. My
> personal feelings, after weighing everything I've
> seen and heard in the bond hearings and from him
> and his family, and just the mere fact I have
> known him so long, in my judgement, I don't see
> how this is possible. I don't see how he could
> have done this. That's my personal opinion. Yes,
> he could very well have and be convicted of it.
> If that happens, I feel sorry for his kids and his
> family. I will not feel sorry for him if he is
> convicted. I do feel bad for him right now
> because he has essentially been found guilty,
> locked up for months, without a trial. Nobody
> should be convicted without a trial.


You. my dear, are nuts.

If you are his wife or family member just say so.

You sound crazy, not to mention, delusional.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: my guess here ()
Date: October 17, 2013 11:55AM

is that 'justthefacts' is either the wife, or perhaps actually Marlow himself via jail cell internet connection. Doesn't look like 'justthefacts' has commented on any other topic other than this one. Hey 'justthefacts' - try 'just the truth' and open your eyes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 12:44PM

canhappen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what I gather the victim and Marlow were
> alone on these encounters, so no other players
> were around. I don't think Marlow would be that
> stupid to do things in "front" of them. He did
> MANY 1 on 1 training sessions with his players.
> If there is a will there is a way. Just because
> you may know someone doesn't mean they can't have
> skeletons. Proof is proof. I am sad for both
> families.

"From what you gather" isn't fact nor is it evidence. The girl has even admitted during one episode there were other girls in the truck. THAT is a fact.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 12:46PM

whacko on board Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> You. my dear, are nuts.
>
> If you are his wife or family member just say so.
>
> You sound crazy, not to mention, delusional.


Great. Now if you want to try and explain why you think I am delusional or nuts, feel free. Until then, you're an ignorant troll merely throwing out insults on the internet because you can't discuss FACTS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 12:49PM

my guess here Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is that 'justthefacts' is either the wife, or
> perhaps actually Marlow himself via jail cell
> internet connection. Doesn't look like
> 'justthefacts' has commented on any other topic
> other than this one. Hey 'justthefacts' - try
> 'just the truth' and open your eyes.


You people keep making up your own facts about me so it's no wonder you are making up facts about this case. I've explained who I am and what my connection to Marlow is. No, I am not a family member or his wife. I am ashamed some of you live in this country because you obviously don't understand the rules, laws or your rights.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: oooohhhhhhh ()
Date: October 17, 2013 12:59PM

now I get it - 'justthefacts' really spells 'blind' or maybe it's 'juststupid'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:03PM

oooohhhhhhh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now I get it - 'justthefacts' really spells
> 'blind' or maybe it's 'juststupid'


With every post your ignorance shines through.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: question for you ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:08PM

so basically 'justthefacts' you are saying that the alleged victim is a complete liar - correct? she made it all up - everything. She is a complete liar and is doing this for what reason? Just want to make sure I have the facts straight, since you clearly seem to think you have all of them in order.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough already ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:10PM

this is so ridiculous - 'justthefacts' is just saying to stop jumping to conclusions - let the trial proceed, etc. good grief you people!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:13PM

question for you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so basically 'justthefacts' you are saying that
> the alleged victim is a complete liar - correct?
> she made it all up - everything. She is a
> complete liar and is doing this for what reason?
> Just want to make sure I have the facts straight,
> since you clearly seem to think you have all of
> them in order.


I am not saying she's lying at all. I am also not saying Marlow is lying. Therein lies the difference. We don't have a complete picture of the actual evidence. Her word is indeed evidence, but is there ANYTHING to back it up? There were claims of a photo, where is this photo? Why hasn't he been charged with possession of said photo? All the charges against Marlow are based (so far) on her allegations. This system we live under doesn't work that way. Allegations don't mean guilt. I know it's a hard concept for some to grasp. He is getting a trial and at that point, the case will be backed up by evidence or it won't. Until then, claiming the one side or the other as "telling the truth" is nonsense. Remember the Duke rape case? Tawanna Brawley? Susan Smith? People can make claims and accusations all they want. They have to be substantiated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough already ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:19PM

based on the examples you just threw out (Brawley, SMith, Duke) can I now presume that the alleged victim is white? you will say that it doesn't matter, but you know better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:22PM

enough already Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> based on the examples you just threw out (Brawley,
> SMith, Duke) can I now presume that the alleged
> victim is white? you will say that it doesn't
> matter, but you know better.


I'd rather not get into the specifics when it comes to this girl. I am not here to trash her. My examples were just the ones I could remember off the top of my head while I am at work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough already ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:24PM

it's very sad all the way around, because they can't both be telling the truth. and even potentially more sad is the fact that the TRUTH may not even come out in the trial. but that's the system that we all live under. SAD.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:27PM

enough already Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's very sad all the way around, because they
> can't both be telling the truth. and even
> potentially more sad is the fact that the TRUTH
> may not even come out in the trial. but that's
> the system that we all live under. SAD.


Both lived are impacted, no matter the outcome. Marlow can NEVER train again in NOVA if he is innocent. Obviously he can't if he is guilty. The girl has a stigma attached to her. Either she's a huge liar or she's a victim of a horrible crime. Neither person is going to be the same after this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: October 17, 2013 03:09PM

This topic can go round and round. As someone mentioned, what is there to gain from a then young girl of 12 to make any of this up? I am sure she would much rather be concentrating on her family, friends, school and sports- like any typical teenager would be doing. I am sure going to hearings,courts and speaking of these things has to be so draining and sad. I truly believe people just have a hard time seeing people who they have known forever, be capable of such things. It's not like Marlow had a banner on his shirt to his friends or acquaintances letting them in on his second life. Of course they wouldn't see it. It truly is a sad time for both families involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough already ()
Date: October 17, 2013 03:20PM

see - there you go - saying that Marlow had a 'second life' that none of us knew about. how do YOU know about it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: just the facts redux ()
Date: October 17, 2013 03:48PM

Justhefacts - you are not balanced, and hence completely unpersuasive in your views.

Let's suppose the suspect is deemed not guilty (although that appears very unlikely).

Let's suppose further that the evidence at trial strongly suggests he was framed.

This is likely the best possible outcome one could imagine for him.

The problem remains is that he exchanged 7,000 texts with a 12 year old girl. He can't coach again because this alone reflects such horrible judgment. He simply cannot be around children, period.

Of course, you could believe that the detective fabricated the 7,000 text fact when he was publicly stating why bail was denied. This is incredibly highly unlikely, because to fabricate could put the entire prosecution at risk in terms of tainting potential jurors.

7,000 texts? Is it realistic to think the content of these texts was merely about making left handed lay-ups?

I think a dose of reality is in order, and no matter what your opinion of the 12 year old girl, there is no reason to believe that the suspect is in anything other than in deep trouble.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough already ()
Date: October 17, 2013 03:58PM

we don't know the content of the 7,000 text messages. what - just because they supposedly exist we should suspect he molested this girl? is there something magic about the number 7,000? what if it had been 5,000 text messages? what if it had been a million text messages? how on the earth are you coming to the conclusion that Marlow should not be around children PERIOD simply because there are supposedly 7,000 text messages? good grief - I really hope that you aren't led to believe things that easily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: go back and read this thread ()
Date: October 17, 2013 04:08PM

from the very beginning, 'justthefacts' has said how he/she feels - that 'teenaged girls are little drama queens'. none of us will ever convince 'justthefacts' that their beloved Marlow could do something so horrible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: messages ()
Date: October 17, 2013 05:05PM

7,000 text messages leads me to believe that basketball wasn't the only thing on the coaches brain. Apparently, it looks like he had a lot of things to talk about. I am pretty sure the contents of them was pretty damaging being he was denied bond twice. I wonder if he is talking just as much to his attorney? I highly doubt it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Dumbass ()
Date: October 17, 2013 06:48PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> question for you Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > so basically 'justthefacts' you are saying that
> > the alleged victim is a complete liar - correct?
>
> > she made it all up - everything. She is a
> > complete liar and is doing this for what reason?
>
> > Just want to make sure I have the facts
> straight,
> > since you clearly seem to think you have all of
> > them in order.
>
>
> I am not saying she's lying at all. I am also not
> saying Marlow is lying. Therein lies the
> difference. We don't have a complete picture of
> the actual evidence. Her word is indeed evidence,
> but is there ANYTHING to back it up? There were
> claims of a photo, where is this photo? Why
> hasn't he been charged with possession of said
> photo? All the charges against Marlow are based
> (so far) on her allegations. This system we live
> under doesn't work that way. Allegations don't
> mean guilt. I know it's a hard concept for some
> to grasp. He is getting a trial and at that
> point, the case will be backed up by evidence or
> it won't. Until then, claiming the one side or
> the other as "telling the truth" is nonsense.
> Remember the Duke rape case? Tawanna Brawley?
> Susan Smith? People can make claims and
> accusations all they want. They have to be
> substantiated.
CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013
Here is the charge for the naked photo. Get it right Justhefacts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 07:59PM

Dumbass Wrote:

> CR00025578-00 AFSHARTOUS, MARLOW MOKASSA SOLICIT
> CHILD PORNOGRAPHY 10/22/2013
> Here is the charge for the naked photo. Get it
> right Justhefacts



We've been over this a few times dipshit. Do you understand English? The language/ What is the difference between SOLICIT and POSSESSION? Look them up please because you keep looking like an idiot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:04PM

I am amazed at the ignorance of some of the posters here defending this animal.

All of these pedophiles groom their victims and they have a plan. They also give an appearence when necessary of being just the greatest guy who would do anything to help my kid be a success. That's what they want you to think. Lull you into a false sense of complacency. Just take a look at Jerry Sandusky at Penn State. He was considered a saint by some for the opportunities he gave his victims. Taking them to games, helping their families, etc etc. He was just setting the trap when he did all those "nice" things.

By the way, wouldnt it be relatively easy to determine if this 12 yr olds vagina had been invaded by a giant 39 yr old black cock?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:07PM

just the facts redux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justhefacts - you are not balanced, and hence
> completely unpersuasive in your views.
>
> Let's suppose the suspect is deemed not guilty
> (although that appears very unlikely).
>
> Let's suppose further that the evidence at trial
> strongly suggests he was framed.
>
> This is likely the best possible outcome one could
> imagine for him.
>
> The problem remains is that he exchanged 7,000
> texts with a 12 year old girl. He can't coach
> again because this alone reflects such horrible
> judgment. He simply cannot be around children,
> period.
>
> Of course, you could believe that the detective
> fabricated the 7,000 text fact when he was
> publicly stating why bail was denied. This is
> incredibly highly unlikely, because to fabricate
> could put the entire prosecution at risk in terms
> of tainting potential jurors.
>
> 7,000 texts? Is it realistic to think the content
> of these texts was merely about making left handed
> lay-ups?
>
> I think a dose of reality is in order, and no
> matter what your opinion of the 12 year old girl,
> there is no reason to believe that the suspect is
> in anything other than in deep trouble.


Right. First, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I don't care what you guys think. Second, those 7000 texts, did you see them? Are you sure they exist? Let's just say they do for arguments sake. What did they say? You know? Who sent them? Were they all from Marlow? Were they all the girl? Was there anything inappropriate in them? If so, what was it? You'd rather just make up your own narrative than actually know the truth. That's your choice. But don't sit there on your stupid horse claiming any objectivity or trying to downgrade mine.


What you say is that one option is a bunch of fabricated texts. Highly unlikely. I don't even think that. But what you don't know is who sent what to whom. That you'd rather just come to the conclusion that Marlow is in the wrong. It isn't inappropriate to text with our clients. That's how we determine time and place to meet. That's how we keep up with their games...because we can't come see them all play all the time. That's how we see videos that they send to us asking us if it looks good. If you have no idea what it takes to be a trainer, then just say so, because it's very apparent. Where 6000 of the texts sent by Marlow? The girl? Please. Stop with the condescending attitude because you know nothing and are assuming a great deal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:10PM

go back and read this thread Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> from the very beginning, 'justthefacts' has said
> how he/she feels - that 'teenaged girls are little
> drama queens'. none of us will ever convince
> 'justthefacts' that their beloved Marlow could do
> something so horrible.




I stand behind that statement because I know it for a fact. I deal with them. But thanks for a valid point. It really helps your case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:12PM

I think somebody should fry for having sent 7000 text messages. I dont care if it was him or her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:12PM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am amazed at the ignorance of some of the
> posters here defending this animal.
>
> All of these pedophiles groom their victims and
> they have a plan. They also give an appearence
> when necessary of being just the greatest guy who
> would do anything to help my kid be a success.
> That's what they want you to think. Lull you into
> a false sense of complacency. Just take a look at
> Jerry Sandusky at Penn State. He was considered a
> saint by some for the opportunities he gave his
> victims. Taking them to games, helping their
> families, etc etc. He was just setting the trap
> when he did all those "nice" things.
>
> By the way, wouldnt it be relatively easy to
> determine if this 12 yr olds vagina had been
> invaded by a giant 39 yr old black cock?



And I am amazed people are convicted before they even have a trial and a chance to defend themselves.

And I wasn't aware Marlow was a pedophile. Any proof to back that up or is it just your ignorant opinion?

BTW, there was no intercourse alleged between the two so once again we have someone else making stupid statements and not knowing jack shit about the case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:20PM

Will you be prepared to take back all your defenses when he ends up confessing to everything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 17, 2013 08:59PM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will you be prepared to take back all your
> defenses when he ends up confessing to everything?


Not sure what you mean? I don't have "defenses" for anything. I don't know what the outcome of his trial will be. The girl has allegations. Marlow has denied them. That's where we stand. Obviously, he has lied if he suddenly confesses to crimes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: just the facts redux ()
Date: October 17, 2013 09:04PM

just the facts - I am not on any, as you say, "stupid horse". I am reluctant to raise your obvious lack of education, especially since I am very much aware of my own education, with achievement at levels you likely cannot comprehend. But you brought stupid into the mix.....

And your use of language falls far short of the mark. I do not think it accurate to refer to my remarks as conscending. I am merely processing known facts (with a considerable knowledge of the criminal justice system) and am providing a reasonable amount of skepticism over pleas to non-culpability of the suspect while at the same time recognizing the principle of presumed innocence. One inescapable fact is the suspect cannot make bail. This is not serendipitous.

And kindly note that arriving at the conclusion as I am now that you lack education and intelligence (at least in the world I operate in) is not condescending but likely simply accurate.

Some evidence is overwhelmingly self-authenticating. Assume that the 7,000 texts were about subjects other than sex or topics which are inappropriate. Now, I would not in any way be willing to bet on that but let's just assume that is the case. As an adult who has coached young people (I was a NCAA All-American Division 1 athlete in my youth, for what it is worth), if any 12 year old girl texted me with such frequency, I would be calling her parents or guardians after about 10 texts, and would act like an adult to address and resolve the matter. Even without knowing the content of the texts, there is an obvious dependency problem which no mature adult man should enable. Accepting or receiving that many texts from a 12 year old girl is in no way consistent with the role of a coach, in which acting like a mature adult obtains primacy over substantive coaching skill. Boundaries are incredibly important with young people, and adults are responsible to set and maintain them.

Of course, in the real world, it is very likely these texts give a road map to an alleged crime. And that is the problem for you, isn't it? Because the law in no way will recognize your febrile thoughts that the 12 year old girl is manipulative or somehow culpable. Argue away all you want. The law will never see her as a responsible party (nor should it). That is indeed the rub here, and it would be wise for you to obtain the same conclusions. I am not sure this would help the suspect at this point, but accountability typically mitigates negative results at sentencing.

Finally, your posts reflect a cognitive dissonance and a moral problem. Society (at least civilized society) must place a high priority on protecting children. The frequency of child abuse is disturbing (certainly the Sandusky case has caused us all to focus on the issue), and your statements reflecting that the victim and the suspect here should be accorded equal status under the law are not only wrongheaded in terms of existing law and policy, at some level they reflect a significantly degree of immorality.

It might be a good idea to quit digging.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: trainer ()
Date: October 17, 2013 09:12PM

I can't imagine a trainer inquiring about "a game", "a video", "practice times", "locations" to one of his players on a average of 40 texts per day. The texts had to have lots of other subject matter. Enough subject matter apparently to keep in jail without bond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough already ()
Date: October 18, 2013 07:20AM

It really does seem to me that 'justthefacts' is simply suggesting that we let the process take its course in the form of the trial. that's all. it just so happens that there are people on both sides of the issue that have strong feeings and will likely never change their perspectives - regardless of the evidence or lack thereof. It is interesting to me how people will so quickly form opinions, jump to conclusions and/or throw other people under the bus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: wellsaid ()
Date: October 18, 2013 07:49AM

Very well said "just the facts redux". Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: guilty guilty guilty ()
Date: October 18, 2013 11:23AM

those are the words that you will be hearing come March.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 18, 2013 10:06PM

just the facts redux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just the facts - I am not on any, as you say,
> "stupid horse". I am reluctant to raise your
> obvious lack of education, especially since I am
> very much aware of my own education, with
> achievement at levels you likely cannot
> comprehend. But you brought stupid into the
> mix.....
>
> And your use of language falls far short of the
> mark. I do not think it accurate to refer to my
> remarks as conscending. I am merely processing
> known facts (with a considerable knowledge of the
> criminal justice system) and am providing a
> reasonable amount of skepticism over pleas to
> non-culpability of the suspect while at the same
> time recognizing the principle of presumed
> innocence. One inescapable fact is the suspect
> cannot make bail. This is not serendipitous.
>
> And kindly note that arriving at the conclusion as
> I am now that you lack education and intelligence
> (at least in the world I operate in) is not
> condescending but likely simply accurate.
>
> Some evidence is overwhelmingly
> self-authenticating. Assume that the 7,000 texts
> were about subjects other than sex or topics which
> are inappropriate. Now, I would not in any way be
> willing to bet on that but let's just assume that
> is the case. As an adult who has coached young
> people (I was a NCAA All-American Division 1
> athlete in my youth, for what it is worth), if any
> 12 year old girl texted me with such frequency, I
> would be calling her parents or guardians after
> about 10 texts, and would act like an adult to
> address and resolve the matter. Even without
> knowing the content of the texts, there is an
> obvious dependency problem which no mature adult
> man should enable. Accepting or receiving that
> many texts from a 12 year old girl is in no way
> consistent with the role of a coach, in which
> acting like a mature adult obtains primacy over
> substantive coaching skill. Boundaries are
> incredibly important with young people, and adults
> are responsible to set and maintain them.
>
> Of course, in the real world, it is very likely
> these texts give a road map to an alleged crime.
> And that is the problem for you, isn't it?
> Because the law in no way will recognize your
> febrile thoughts that the 12 year old girl is
> manipulative or somehow culpable. Argue away all
> you want. The law will never see her as a
> responsible party (nor should it). That is indeed
> the rub here, and it would be wise for you to
> obtain the same conclusions. I am not sure this
> would help the suspect at this point, but
> accountability typically mitigates negative
> results at sentencing.
>
> Finally, your posts reflect a cognitive dissonance
> and a moral problem. Society (at least civilized
> society) must place a high priority on protecting
> children. The frequency of child abuse is
> disturbing (certainly the Sandusky case has caused
> us all to focus on the issue), and your statements
> reflecting that the victim and the suspect here
> should be accorded equal status under the law are
> not only wrongheaded in terms of existing law and
> policy, at some level they reflect a significantly
> degree of immorality.
>
> It might be a good idea to quit digging.


This is great. You weren't being condescending and you defend it with the most condescending and hallucinatory post I think I've ever seen on any forum...anywhere on the internet.

You go Einstein. Go stick your degrees in your ass and divide by zero. I have no need to respond to your complete and total hot air filled words of knowledge.

Go find a Mensa site to post on. Obviously you're too smart to be on here, discussing menial stuff like this topic.

I'll leave you with this thought. You question my lack of education and knowledge yet what's funny is that it's irrelevant. You can have a doctorate and I could still be in high school. On THIS particular subject though, I PAINFULLY know more than you. I have spoken to Marlow's lawyer and her private investigator. I have been to both bond hearings and the preliminary hearing. I have spoken to Marlow. I have spoken with the girl's mother (I've known her for 5 years as well.) I have spoken with the police detective in charge. I know INFINITELY more than you when it comes to this case. So please, you continue to use your supreme intelligence to "guess" about what may or may not be true when it comes to this case. You look very smart to me. I am in awe. Idiot.

Talk to you later. (probably not)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 18, 2013 10:11PM

trainer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't imagine a trainer inquiring about "a
> game", "a video", "practice times", "locations" to
> one of his players on a average of 40 texts per
> day. The texts had to have lots of other subject
> matter. Enough subject matter apparently to keep
> in jail without bond.


IF the texts even exist. IF Marlow sent any texts. The prosecution has told a few mistruths so far. And again, bond is pretty much a no go for certain crimes in Virginia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: October 18, 2013 10:17PM

enough already Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It really does seem to me that 'justthefacts' is
> simply suggesting that we let the process take its
> course in the form of the trial. that's all. it
> just so happens that there are people on both
> sides of the issue that have strong feeings and
> will likely never change their perspectives -
> regardless of the evidence or lack thereof. It is
> interesting to me how people will so quickly form
> opinions, jump to conclusions and/or throw other
> people under the bus.




They've assumed that because I know Marlow, I all of a sudden will lie, cheat and steal to protect him. I don't care who it is, if they are convicted of a crime, they are no friend of mine. Problem is, he isn't convicted just yet and the trial has yet to happen. Most of these people don't have any idea what the actual evidence is, yet will gladly proclaim guilt. I've seen what they have. It's less than people have been told. That said, he could very well be guilty. I will change my association with him accordingly when the time comes, if the time comes. Until then, he's in jail from August to February awaiting a trial. If he's found not guilty, how is that fair? His life is ruined. His children miss him. He'll spend 6 months in jail before he can even get in court to defend himself. Something is wrong with that. It is a different subject, but still bothers me.

I feel bad for both parties involved. That's not going to change any time soon and it's not going to change whether he's innocent or guilty. I know for a fact both families are suffering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: October 18, 2013 11:59PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> I have no need to respond
> to your complete and total hot air filled words of
> knowledge.
>


Haha....you write this then proceed to spew 18 more sentences. What does it look like when you DO have a need to respond?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: bothsides? ()
Date: October 19, 2013 12:08PM

I can't imagine the mom to the victim would be associating with "Just the Facts", if he/her are also associating themselves with Marlow, being it is apparent "Just the Facts" is very TEAM MARLOW. How are you in communications with both sides? Will you or have you testified, too? Or, are you making some of this stuff up? Just doesn't make sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12345678AllNext
Current Page: 3 of 8


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **     **  ********  **        **        
 ***   ***  **     **  **        **        **    **  
 **** ****  **     **  **        **        **    **  
 ** *** **  **     **  ******    **        **    **  
 **     **   **   **   **        **        ********* 
 **     **    ** **    **        **              **  
 **     **     ***     **        ********        **  
This forum powered by Phorum.