HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ???? ()
Date: November 27, 2013 07:29AM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe you could be less cryptic. What charges do
> you believe should be included?

Possession of Child Porn. Where is that charge? I see the manufacturing of it charge, but where's the possession of it? Seem's fishy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: regardless ()
Date: November 27, 2013 12:54PM

regardless of new phone, old phone, lost phone: being he "wiped his phone" don't you think that is a guilty move?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: November 27, 2013 02:14PM

regardless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> regardless of new phone, old phone, lost phone:
> being he "wiped his phone" don't you think that is
> a guilty move?

Well of course it is. Anyone with a brain would see that. However, I think justthefacts is of the same ilk as the OJ jurors. All the evidence in the world points to guilty and because one of the cops said "nigger" 20 years ago, they let him go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Question36665484 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 02:41PM

Everyone is talking about "evidence" and him being guilty... what evidence is there? What is he saying happened and what did other people that testified say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ????? ()
Date: November 27, 2013 02:43PM

Question36665484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone is talking about "evidence" and him being
> guilty... what evidence is there? What is he
> saying happened and what did other people that
> testified say?

Go back and read the thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 03:41PM

regardless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> regardless of new phone, old phone, lost phone:
> being he "wiped his phone" don't you think that is
> a guilty move?


Guilty of what? It's illegal to have a phone with nothing on it? Also, what exactly does "wiped" mean? What exactly was missing from his phone that they couldn't find? They would only say that in the first place if they found nothing on his phone to incriminate himself. So to make it look "suspicious" they made the claim he "wiped" it. It's not evidence of anything and is only circumstantial evidence at best. There are many other possible reasons for his phone being "wiped" if indeed it was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 03:42PM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> regardless Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > regardless of new phone, old phone, lost phone:
> > being he "wiped his phone" don't you think that
> is
> > a guilty move?
>
> Well of course it is. Anyone with a brain would
> see that. However, I think justthefacts is of the
> same ilk as the OJ jurors. All the evidence in the
> world points to guilty and because one of the cops
> said "nigger" 20 years ago, they let him go.


And you're an idiot. My stance from the beginning has been "give the man his trial before claiming his guilt." You get arrested one day for something and I bet you'll want a trial first.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 03:43PM

Question36665484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone is talking about "evidence" and him being
> guilty... what evidence is there? What is he
> saying happened and what did other people that
> testified say?


The fact of the matter is that no trial has taken place yet. There were bond hearings where the prosecution can claim whatever they want to keep him locked up and there is no way he can defend himself. They aren't allowed to present evidence at bond hearings. The trial is where the official evidence will come out and the trial is where the defense will refute said evidence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: sdffsdfsd ()
Date: November 27, 2013 10:51PM

so when and where is the trial?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Marlow Talley ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:59AM

justthefacts2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Question36665484 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Everyone is talking about "evidence" and him
> being
> > guilty... what evidence is there? What is he
> > saying happened and what did other people that
> > testified say?
>
>
> The fact of the matter is that no trial has taken
> place yet. There were bond hearings where the
> prosecution can claim whatever they want to keep
> him locked up and there is no way he can defend
> himself. They aren't allowed to present evidence
> at bond hearings. The trial is where the official
> evidence will come out and the trial is where the
> defense will refute said evidence.

Please stop trying to protect me, I'm guilty as sin. I have a weakness for 12 year olds that seduced me with fried chicken and watermelon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: November 29, 2013 11:30AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: The Truth Comes Out... ()
Date: November 30, 2013 06:32PM

Defense motion denied in coach sexual assault case
http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/defense_motion_denied_in_coach_sexual_assault_case898

A judge has denied a defense motion in the case of an area basketball coach accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl.

Judge Burke McCahill denied the motion set forth by defense attorney Keva McDonald on behalf of her client, Marlow Mikassas Afshartous.

Afshartous, 39, of Reston, was arrested Aug. 3 on counts of sodomy, object sexual penetration and solicitation to manufacture child pornography.

McDonald sought permission for the defense to bring in expert witnesses and investigators without needing specific permission from the court to the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center, where Afshartous is being held without bond.

“We've been told it requires a court order,” McDonald said. “The problem is that I would have to list every person in to see him, which gives away the defense strategy.”

McDonald argued that the process and the lack of privacy toward strategy violated Afshartous's right to due process.

But McCahill noted that the visitor's log at the jail is public record.

“Even if I grant this motion, can't the commonwealth just call up and request the log?” McCahill asked.

McDonald acknowledged that to be true, but said it then put the onus on the prosecution to get the logbook.

But Senior Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Gigi Lawless said this case does not merit an ex parte decision – a decision privy to only one party.

“They're just trying to hide potential people from the commonwealth,” Lawless said.

Ultimately, McCahill denied the motion.

Afshartous is accused of sexually assaulted a girl that played on one of his AAU travel basketball teams from April to November 2012. The victim, now 13, alleges that he would kiss her, digitally penetrate her and once forced her to perform oral sex on him. The abuse took place at equipment rooms and in Afshartous's SUV at various basketball courts in Sterling, Leesburg and Dulles. He also tried to get her to take a picture of herself topless with his cellphone.

Afshartous will next appear in court on Dec. 9, when both the prosecution and defense will file motions.

He is tentatively scheduled for a five-day jury trial beginning Jan. 27.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: whatwitness ()
Date: November 30, 2013 08:34PM

what do you think they were trying to do here? Who were they protecting? Was there a witness that is very vial to the case that they don't want revealed? Can someone explain? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:36PM

I guess the liar who was claiming they agreed to a plea deal can stop talking now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: denied ()
Date: December 01, 2013 03:29PM

Why would they want a witness to be disclosed to everyone? Wouldn't they eventually have to take the stand?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: The Truth Comes Out... ()
Date: December 02, 2013 07:41AM

denied Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would they want a witness to be disclosed to
> everyone? Wouldn't they eventually have to take
> the stand?

Probably because the witness is a minor?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: updates? ()
Date: December 10, 2013 08:33AM

Any updates to this case? I believe his court date was yesterday, Dec. 9th, for something. I wonder if he had all of his entourage with him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Cherry Trapp ()
Date: December 10, 2013 08:36AM

He coached me for 3 years, and even though I'm a 10, he never made a pass at me. Not sure if my stinky farts kept him at bay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: newspaper ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:03AM

I am sure there will be an update in the newspaper. It seems they are always there front and center on this case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: anyinfo ()
Date: December 12, 2013 11:21AM

Just the Facts is there any updates? How did Monday go for him or did it get cancelled due to the snow?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: qwerwqerqwrewqer ()
Date: December 12, 2013 01:26PM

anyinfo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just the Facts is there any updates? How did
> Monday go for him or did it get cancelled due to
> the snow?

I believe it was rescheduled due to the snow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: December 12, 2013 02:05PM

Spoke with him a few days ago and the plea deal was rejected last minute and he will now be on trial.

The reason cited by the attorney I spoke with was that there was additional evidence proving him guilty and that the deal was off the table - something about the retrieved images off of the phone.

Most of the rest you will be able to read in the papers, but I will be at court each day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hoops parent2 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 02:47PM

wow - well, hopefully the truth all comes out in the trial and this can be put to rest and everyone can move on. So sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: plea? ()
Date: December 12, 2013 04:43PM

Wait, so he was wanting to plea and they wouldn't let him? I thought you said he wasn't going to plea, ever. What are your thoughts now to this? Do you now believe he is GUILTY? I hope an apology goes out to the victim and her family. Especially from the ones that thought this was all fabricated and that she was lying to get attention. Marlow should have pleaded from the beginning. From what I am told he could be facing Life in prison vs. a shorter sentence. So Sad! THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Nicole Brown ()
Date: December 12, 2013 04:49PM

Cherry Trapp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He coached me for 3 years, and even though I'm a
> 10, he never made a pass at me. Not sure if my
> stinky farts kept him at bay.


Oh my goodness. Cherry!! Girl, you did have some rank toots. Remember when you farted so loud it sounded like a gun went off?? Too funny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 09:43PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spoke with him a few days ago and the plea deal
> was rejected last minute and he will now be on
> trial.
>
> The reason cited by the attorney I spoke with was
> that there was additional evidence proving him
> guilty and that the deal was off the table -
> something about the retrieved images off of the
> phone.
>
> Most of the rest you will be able to read in the
> papers, but I will be at court each day.



This is a complete fabrication. You just said you spoke with him, then you claim you spoke to some random attorney? You're a liar. Just like you lied about the plea deal before, you are trying to cover up your lies with more lies.

I stopped using that username a while back so you're not fooling anyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 09:44PM

plea? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait, so he was wanting to plea and they wouldn't
> let him? I thought you said he wasn't going to
> plea, ever. What are your thoughts now to this?
> Do you now believe he is GUILTY? I hope an
> apology goes out to the victim and her family.
> Especially from the ones that thought this was all
> fabricated and that she was lying to get
> attention. Marlow should have pleaded from the
> beginning. From what I am told he could be facing
> Life in prison vs. a shorter sentence. So Sad!
> THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT!!!!




Don't believe that other "Justthefacts". I had to create a new username and somehow the old one is still being used.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: December 13, 2013 02:49AM

Just came in from a meeting with the family, which turned into an 8 hour process. Getting home at 2:30am on a regular basis has been awful.

There are 4 others who are going to come forward, which changed the offer of a plea deal. Since, this all happened it was decided to go to court and consider an insanity plea. This would include an admission of sexual addiction and the hopes of institutionalization verse jail time.


I do not know this "justthefacts2" or why they cloned my name in the first place, but I would suggest ignoring him/her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Think? ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:52AM

WOW! This is all turning out to be so strange. So what you are saying there are 4 other victims of Marlow? Sexual Addiction? Does this really fall under the category of being "INSANE". How long does his lawyer believe he could be institutionalized for vs. jail time? Do you think the jury will buy any of this? Let's not forget the victim was 12!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hoops parent2 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:07AM

what the heck???!!! ok, I understand that FFU is not the best place for accurate info (although sometimes it really is) but what is the deal with the two 'justthefacts' and who is correct?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: The truth! ()
Date: December 13, 2013 11:04AM

hoops parent2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what the heck???!!! ok, I understand that FFU is
> not the best place for accurate info (although
> sometimes it really is) but what is the deal with
> the two 'justthefacts' and who is correct?

He's guilty as sin and is still sitting in jail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:43PM

are you sure?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 14, 2013 06:38PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just came in from a meeting with the family, which
> turned into an 8 hour process. Getting home at
> 2:30am on a regular basis has been awful.
>
> There are 4 others who are going to come forward,
> which changed the offer of a plea deal. Since,
> this all happened it was decided to go to court
> and consider an insanity plea. This would include
> an admission of sexual addiction and the hopes of
> institutionalization verse jail time.
>
>
> I do not know this "justthefacts2" or why they
> cloned my name in the first place, but I would
> suggest ignoring him/her.



More lies. Keep them coming. You're doing a bang up job.

Too bad you have no clue how insanity pleas work. If you can't even keep the easy details of your lies straight, how are you going to fool anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: The truth! ()
Date: December 14, 2013 08:32PM

hmmmm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you sure?

Reasonably sure. The authorities would never risk holding someone like this for son long on a few allegations. They have proof to back up these charges.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: L4XuN ()
Date: December 14, 2013 09:48PM

justthefacts2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just came in from a meeting with the family,
> which
> > turned into an 8 hour process. Getting home at
> > 2:30am on a regular basis has been awful.
> >
> > There are 4 others who are going to come
> forward,
> > which changed the offer of a plea deal. Since,
> > this all happened it was decided to go to court
> > and consider an insanity plea. This would
> include
> > an admission of sexual addiction and the hopes
> of
> > institutionalization verse jail time.
> >
> >
> > I do not know this "justthefacts2" or why they
> > cloned my name in the first place, but I would
> > suggest ignoring him/her.
>
>
>
> More lies. Keep them coming. You're doing a bang
> up job.
>
> Too bad you have no clue how insanity pleas work.
> If you can't even keep the easy details of your
> lies straight, how are you going to fool anyone?


Uh, looks like everyone is already "fooled" since no one is paying your bullshit any attention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: L4XuN ()
Date: December 14, 2013 09:48PM

justthefacts2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just came in from a meeting with the family,
> which
> > turned into an 8 hour process. Getting home at
> > 2:30am on a regular basis has been awful.
> >
> > There are 4 others who are going to come
> forward,
> > which changed the offer of a plea deal. Since,
> > this all happened it was decided to go to court
> > and consider an insanity plea. This would
> include
> > an admission of sexual addiction and the hopes
> of
> > institutionalization verse jail time.
> >
> >
> > I do not know this "justthefacts2" or why they
> > cloned my name in the first place, but I would
> > suggest ignoring him/her.
>
>
>
> More lies. Keep them coming. You're doing a bang
> up job.
>
> Too bad you have no clue how insanity pleas work.
> If you can't even keep the easy details of your
> lies straight, how are you going to fool anyone?


Uh, looks like everyone is already "fooled" since no one is paying your bullshit any attention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 12:37AM

L4XuN Wrote:

>
>
> Uh, looks like everyone is already "fooled" since
> no one is paying your bullshit any attention.



What are you even talking about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hm ()
Date: December 15, 2013 09:53AM

so what is the truth then justthefacts2? Are there any others to come forward and is he taking a plea?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 02:15PM

hm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so what is the truth then justthefacts2? Are there
> any others to come forward and is he taking a
> plea?




No. There is no plea. There are no "others." If there were "others" you would see more charges. If there were photos, you would see more charges. There are no "8 hour meetings" where others could attend. Use some common sense people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Elf on the Shelf ()
Date: December 15, 2013 06:12PM

Time to ban men from coaching Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Va. basketball coach facing child porn, sex
> assault charges
> Wednesday - 8/7/2013, 11:53am
>
> WASHINGTON - A trainer and basketball coach in
> Virginia has been arrested and charged with sexual
> assault and solicitation of child pornography.
>
> The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says
> 39-year-old Marlow Mikassa Afshartous of Reston
> has provided basketball instruction at Claude
> Moore Recreation Center in Sterling and the
> now-closed Hoop Magic in Chantilly.
>
> Afshartous also is known as Marlow Talley.
> Authorities say he additionally participated with
> the Fairfax Stars and at Georgetown Day School.
>
> Investigators with the sheriff's office in June
> began looking into allegations that Afshartous had
> a sexual relationship with a female athlete under
> the age of 13. He was arrested last weekend with
> the help of Fairfax County police and is being
> held without bond.
>
> Authorities say they are continuing the
> investigation to see if there may be additional
> alleged victims. Anyone with information is asked
> to call 703-777-0475.

So you like to play with little girls Marlow? Well we'd like to play with you...

We're watching you and you're on the naughty list...

You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
You're on the naughty list...
Attachments:
elf-on-the-shelf-watching-you.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: December 15, 2013 08:33PM

justthefacts2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > so what is the truth then justthefacts2? Are
> there
> > any others to come forward and is he taking a
> > plea?
>
>
>
>
> No. There is no plea. There are no "others." If
> there were "others" you would see more charges.
> If there were photos, you would see more charges.
> There are no "8 hour meetings" where others could
> attend. Use some common sense people.


You can pretend to know what is happening, but all you are accomplishing is not allowing for the truth to be known.

The plea was pulled off the table before the trial because the photos and additional accusers surfaced. The new accusations are yet to be introduced until needed, as it is there are many procedures to be taken care of since the new information was brought to light so late in the proceedings.

We all wish you would just go sit in the corner while the adults are talking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 10:33PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> You can pretend to know what is happening, but all
> you are accomplishing is not allowing for the
> truth to be known.
>
> The plea was pulled off the table before the trial
> because the photos and additional accusers
> surfaced. The new accusations are yet to be
> introduced until needed, as it is there are many
> procedures to be taken care of since the new
> information was brought to light so late in the
> proceedings.
>
> We all wish you would just go sit in the corner
> while the adults are talking.


Dear idiot, the prosecution just can't sit on the threat of prosecution for additional crimes. If there are additional crimes, they have to press charges since they are crimes of this nature and not petty property crimes. Saving them for a rainy day "when needed?" Ignorant statement and it once again shows your lack of knowledge not only of this case, but of the law in general.

I guess this is why you're pretending to be someone else? Please. There is no plea. There are no other accusers and there aren't any photos. I am not preventing anything from being known. You are obfuscating the truth with your own little games.


But please, continue with your little charade. It's my only reason for returning here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: dsfjdfksd ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:45AM

while this could be true, keep in mind there was another teacher not too long ago that was accused of inappropriate behavior with an 11 year old girl. Turns out the girl made it up. I had that teacher personally and didn't believe it for a second...turns out she made up the lie because she was mad at the teacher. I don't know any more facts than what the news said but if the other girls on the team think it is unlikely it very well could have another side to the story

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: The truth! ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:14AM

dsfjdfksd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> while this could be true, keep in mind there was
> another teacher not too long ago that was accused
> of inappropriate behavior with an 11 year old
> girl. Turns out the girl made it up. I had that
> teacher personally and didn't believe it for a
> second...turns out she made up the lie because she
> was mad at the teacher. I don't know any more
> facts than what the news said but if the other
> girls on the team think it is unlikely it very
> well could have another side to the story

This is different, the police found evidence. This just isn't a case of "He said, she said". Otherwise they wouldn't have held him this long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: closet ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:44AM

Once the truth comes out, you all will be shocked to know how much evidence they have. I know people just can't imagine Marlow doing/saying all these things, but everyone has skeletons in their closet. His closet has now been opened! It's so, so sad for both families.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hindsight ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:59AM

it's interesting to me how many people I have spoken with that worked with Marlow at Hoop Magic or trained with him or had other interactions with him are now saying how they always felt like something was 'off' with him. I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent, but as parents we need to pay more attention to our guy/intuition sometimes. If something seems 'off' with someone that is dealing with kids/your kids, pay attention. don't just dismiss the feeling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: victims ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:06PM

So you are saying there are NO other victims came forward? But, honestly, I don't think that matters. ONE is TOO MANY and ONE is ALL it takes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: FFU Observer ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:21PM

In the Hoops Magic thread, Marlow is mentioned and spoken highly of...

Hoop Magic shutting down?
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/529358/1152118.html#msg-1152118

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: doublelife ()
Date: December 16, 2013 07:02PM

I highly doubt Marlow would be stupid enough to let others see into his double life. You can "look" and "act" one way in front of others, but that doesn't mean you can't be doing other things while no one is watching. That's where the saying
“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” falls into play. For all we know, this very well could be a first time situation for him of this magnitude. But, that doesn't matter. IT IS WRONG! He was well aware of the consequences. Maybe he thought it would never surface. The truth always comes out. Sad to think he would put his family through this and put his victims family through this. All for what reason? I guess we will never truly know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: thefriend ()
Date: December 24, 2013 10:10PM

the girl who was assaulted was my best friend. i can assure you, what many people are saying on here is false. i am not allowed to tell the full story until the court makes it's decision, but i can say that what happened happened. my best friend confessed herself, it was not a parent's suspicion. the parents of the girl are GOOD PEOPLE. marlow had found ways to get the girl alone, (asking to bring the equipment to his truck, telling her to train early, etc) and it is definitely not the parent or the child's fault. marlow brought this upon himself. the girls of the team are against him because they are friends with the girl who was assaulted ,and she feels bad that she put someone she cares about in jail. he made her think that they would run away and get married, her tricked her and that is going to be there for the rest of her life. none of you know the story, only SHE knows the full story. and that is something you are going to have to accept. you are all just suburban assholes that need something to gossip about. please, it would all be better if this would just go away. it does not matter whether or not you think he was a nice person or he was innocent or guilty or anything like that. the court will make it's decision and that is the end. if you have questions i will try to answer. i know many of you won't believe that i am her best friend, but it's true. it is so hard to see someone so close go through this, and to watch someone i trained with and trusted turn into someone completely different. i hope you will all realize how dumb it is to create an online forum to talk about someone you have no business with. it was THEIR life, and not yours. unless you have direct contact with THIS CASE, you should stay out of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: secretsource ()
Date: December 24, 2013 10:12PM

marlow had kept many lives a secret from us all. he has been married and divorced more times than he shares publicly, thus further showing that he is capable of keeping big secrets.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SECRECY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: sorry ()
Date: December 26, 2013 11:28AM

Sorry your friend is going through this mess. I hope that she is able to heal, move on and live a life where this situation doesn't consume her. They say most predators are people that you know and are kind without any warning signs. Sounds like Marlow fit that mold. Shame to think he took advantage of a 12 year old when he had a wife and kids at home that he risked. You say he wanted to run away with her, did he really think that would happen? Think about what A 12 year old and a 40 year old would look like together!? Just not fathomable. Tell your friend to keep strong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: weiiirrddd ()
Date: December 26, 2013 06:26PM

so does the wife believe that this happened or is she taking Marlow's side? Was the wife ever suspicious of him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: bFejL ()
Date: December 27, 2013 10:35AM

weiiirrddd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so does the wife believe that this happened or is
> she taking Marlow's side? Was the wife ever
> suspicious of him?


The wife has had multiple affairs outside their marriage and is probably just waiting until she can sell all his shit and run off with her new man, after he goes to jail

She will be testifying for the prosecution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: wife ()
Date: December 27, 2013 11:45AM

She will be testifying for the prosecution? Doesn't that show you right then and there how she feels about all this? Why didn't he just plead guilty and give the victim and her family and his own family a peace of mind? Now they all have to be part of a lengthy trial that tax payers will have to fund.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: updates ()
Date: January 02, 2014 09:10PM

Has there been any new information to this case? Is the trial going to go on as scheduled? Anyone talk or hear from Marlow lately? Things seem to be a little quiet, I guess due to the holiday's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ..... ()
Date: January 03, 2014 07:33AM

updates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has there been any new information to this case?
> Is the trial going to go on as scheduled? Anyone
> talk or hear from Marlow lately? Things seem to
> be a little quiet, I guess due to the holiday's.

Trial date is coming up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: trial ()
Date: January 04, 2014 04:15PM

when and where is the trial?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 04, 2014 04:20PM

He is tentatively scheduled for a five-day jury trial beginning Jan. 27.

Im sure this will be changed and delayed numerous times while his lawyers try to work out a deal which keeps him out of jail for 20+ years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: facing? ()
Date: January 05, 2014 04:59PM

Is that what Marlow is facing? 20 years or more?! WOW!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: 9VpMK ()
Date: January 06, 2014 01:09PM

bFejL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> weiiirrddd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > so does the wife believe that this happened or
> is
> > she taking Marlow's side? Was the wife ever
> > suspicious of him?
>
>
> The wife has had multiple affairs outside their
> marriage and is probably just waiting until she
> can sell all his shit and run off with her new
> man, after he goes to jail
>
> She will be testifying for the prosecution.


Yes, we have talked and she is really ready to move on with her new man. Even though she was cheating on her husband, she now feels it was acceptable with what he was doing with these girls.

The only reason she is even in town is to testify - after that she is headed out of country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: doubtful ()
Date: January 06, 2014 02:50PM

For some reason, I highly doubt what you are saying. I doubt the wife would move out of the Country- her and Marlow have 2 kids together and I don't think she would remove them from this area. You say "THESE GIRLS"- I thought there was only 1 victim that they know of? Do you know something more?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Downwithopp ()
Date: January 06, 2014 04:25PM

I don't think Katie will be leaving the country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: false ()
Date: January 06, 2014 08:08PM

Not sure what story you are following, but Katie is NOT Marlow's wife's name. See how there are so many rumors that float around this forum. Be careful what you believe, but the truth is Marlow is guilty of his charges.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: whereisjustthefacts? ()
Date: January 08, 2014 04:42PM

JUST THE FACTS- any updates that you can share? I know you once said if the allegations turn out to be true, you would remove yourself out of Marlow's life. Is this why we haven't heard from you? If not, what is the latest? For some reason, I feel what you say may be the closest to the truth on this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: whereisjustthefacts? ()
Date: January 08, 2014 04:42PM

JUST THE FACTS- any updates that you can share? I know you once said if the allegations turn out to be true, you would remove yourself out of Marlow's life. Is this why we haven't heard from you? If not, what is the latest? For some reason, I feel what you say may be the closest to the truth on this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: January 08, 2014 08:09PM

There is no need for me to keep sharing really. Idiots want to come on here and just make stuff up.

The facts are: Marlow is still in jail awaiting trial. The trial isn't until June. There is no plea deal. There are no photos. There is no admission. There are no additional victims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 08, 2014 08:12PM

justthefacts2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is no need for me to keep sharing really.
> Idiots want to come on here and just make stuff
> up.
>
> The facts are: Marlow is still in jail awaiting
> trial. The trial isn't until June. There is no
> plea deal. There are no photos. There is no
> admission. There are no additional victims.

Why hasnt he bonded out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: January? ()
Date: January 08, 2014 10:22PM

Wait, don't you mean January is the trial? I thought it was in 3 weeks. June is 6 months away. what happened there? That would almost bring Marlow to being in jail for a year. He has to be going crazy in there. Are you positive he doesn't want to plea? I think it would be very wise or he could face life if convicted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: January 09, 2014 02:37PM

Stabitha Wrote:

>
> Why hasnt he bonded out?



He has tried. Due to the crimes he is charged with and the case presented to the judge, he isn't going to be granted bond.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 02:37PM by justthefacts2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: January 09, 2014 02:38PM

January? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait, don't you mean January is the trial? I
> thought it was in 3 weeks. June is 6 months away.
> what happened there? That would almost bring
> Marlow to being in jail for a year. He has to be
> going crazy in there. Are you positive he doesn't
> want to plea? I think it would be very wise or he
> could face life if convicted.



Why would he plea to something he didn't do, regardless of the consequences? I certainly wouldn't. And yes, he'll be locked up almost a year without a trial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: do you know for sure ()
Date: January 09, 2014 02:42PM

why the trial was postponed from January to now June?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: How Could it Be? ()
Date: January 09, 2014 04:47PM

How is it that he can't be bonded out yet the husband of the former Falls Church Mayor was charged with molesting three different girls between the ages of 9 and 10 and he was out on bond while awaiting trial?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: How Could it Be? ()
Date: January 09, 2014 04:50PM

^
Certainly Marlow's crime is not more severe than the crime committed by the husband of the former Falls Church Mayor?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 09, 2014 05:05PM

How Could it Be? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is it that he can't be bonded out yet the
> husband of the former Falls Church Mayor was
> charged with molesting three different girls
> between the ages of 9 and 10 and he was out on
> bond while awaiting trial?


Good question. More to this story. There have been accused murderers who have made bail in FX County.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: gambling ()
Date: January 09, 2014 05:17PM

He is gambling Big Time. I hope his lawyer knows what she is doing, only for his sake. But, from what I hear, the evidence is pretty powerful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: justthefacts2 ()
Date: January 10, 2014 10:42AM

This isn't Fairfax County. It's Loudoun country. He is not a wealthy person and like it or not, he's black.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ???? ()
Date: January 10, 2014 10:50AM

How Could it Be? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is it that he can't be bonded out yet the
> husband of the former Falls Church Mayor was
> charged with molesting three different girls
> between the ages of 9 and 10 and he was out on
> bond while awaiting trial?

Good question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 10, 2014 11:00AM

justthefacts2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This isn't Fairfax County. It's Loudoun country.
> He is not a wealthy person and like it or not,
> he's black.

So your implying, no...make that asserting, that he is being held in jail because he's black?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: funding ()
Date: January 10, 2014 11:13AM

Is it true that there has been a Marlow Talley fundraiser, where you can donate to his case? What will the people think who support him and he is found guilty? I doubt they will get their $$ back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: How Could it Be? ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:01PM

@Stabitha:

I was not suggesting a reason for the disparate treatment; I was inquiring if anyone had an idea, though.

I actually have NO idea why there is disparate treatment between the case of Marlow and the case of the husband of the former Falls Church Mayor. I recall that there was another case a year or so ago of a promiment businessman who was the son of a former elected official in Hanover County who was released on bond after a VERY serious charge of sexual abuse of a minor. Indeed, he was indicted on multiple felony charges of taking indecent liberties with a minor. He was released on $10,000 bond. I believe his name was Todd Randolph Attkisson, 52, who was president and CEO of Ashland Roller Mills, and whose father was former Ashland Mayor Linwood P. Attkisson.

The reason I asked is because it has been suggested by some on this thread that Marlow is held without bond because of the seriousness of the charge. However, the Attkisson dude and the husband of the former Mayor were charged with MUCH more serious offenses against minors, and they were released.

The disparate treatment could be for a multitude of reasons having nothing to do with race. It also COULD be a racial tinge in the motivation.

I don't know the answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: don't kid yourselves ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:23PM

I know the answer - and likely you do as well. I also knew Marlow AND the family of the Ashland incident. It's pretty clear to me why Marlow is sitting in jail and Todd is not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: How Could it Be? ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:36PM

@funding

I am not a supporter of Marlow. I don't know him and have never met him. I have no idea whether he is guilty or not guilty of the charges. If he is guilty, he (and anyone who commits such offenses) should be punished with great severity.

I was merely interested in why he is being treated so differently from others while awaiting trial (when there is supposed to be a presumption of innocence by the criminal justice system).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: dig a little deeper ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:37PM

find out who the sitting judge is on the case that keeps denying bond. you can figure it out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: think ()
Date: January 11, 2014 12:28PM

I think it has been different judges at each hearing so far, not just one has denied bond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: realize ()
Date: January 13, 2014 05:45PM

So, you still believe Marlow "didn't" do it? That just makes me believe that you really don't know the whole story or wont accept the truth. I feel bad for you, to think that you have a honest friend in Marlow who is continually lying to your face. I guess in time you will realize.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: How Could it Be? ()
Date: January 13, 2014 06:22PM

@realize

I have NO idea whether or not Marlow perpetrated the heinous acts that he is charged with. It goes without saying that, if so, he should be severely punished.

I don't know him. I have never met or seen him. And so he certainly is not a friend of mine.

As for your assertion that you don't believe that I "know the whole story," you cerainly are correct. However, I suspect that you don't know the whole story, either. Indeed, I suspect that only two people know the whole story: Marlow and the complaining witness.

I DO take seriously the admonition that a person accused of a crime is to be considered innocent in the eyes of the law until and unless he or she is found guilty. And as difficult as it is to accept, there ARE instances of children making up false charges of sexual abuse against innocent adults. Remember the McMartin Pre-School case in San Diego several decades ago and the case of the gym teacher in Centreville from just a couple of years ago. In the case of the gym teacher, he was falsely accused of abusing a young girl who, as it turns out, made up the story out of whole cloth because she was mad at him. She even conspired with a friend of hers, who corroborated the false story.

In the McMartin Pre-School case, after years of criminal proceedings, the accused were exonerated. In the case of the Centreville gym teacher, he was found not guilty by a jury of his peers.

And so we should all wait for the evidence to be presented in court before making final judgements on whether or not Marlow is guilty. Remember. Tomorrow, it could be YOU who is FALSELY accused of commmitting a heinous sex crime against a minor. Certainly, if the charge is false, you would want the community to withhold judgement until the evidence is presented in a court of law.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: realize ()
Date: January 13, 2014 07:29PM

Yes, I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, but when you have hard facts, it's hard to allow yourself to believe anything else but guilty. I am sure there are individuals out there that have cried wolf, but in this case there is nothing to gain for the accused. Marlow is not some rich semi-pro athlete with tons of $$. Do you really think someone would want to carry this with them for the rest of their life, if they didn't have to? The victim was 12 years old at the time. She has a lot of healing and understanding to go through. I guess we will all see come June.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 13, 2014 08:13PM

I believe the only time an accused in a case such as this is not given bond is because he has been deemed, rightly or wrongly, a threat to the community. Someone apparently thinks he's dangerous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ...... ()
Date: January 14, 2014 09:54AM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the only time an accused in a case such
> as this is not given bond is because he has been
> deemed, rightly or wrongly, a threat to the
> community. Someone apparently thinks he's
> dangerous.

Yep that's right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: other possibility ()
Date: January 14, 2014 11:37AM

the more likely scenario that has kept Marlow behind bars all of this time is that the judge(s) believe he is a flight risk if he posts bond. given his connections in other countries, I could see how this could be an issue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: um ()
Date: January 15, 2014 08:14AM

Um, Katie is just a Baby Mama of Marlow's, not his wife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: well well WELL ()
Date: January 16, 2014 07:42AM

not sure when it happened yesterday/last night, but from what I can gather from teenaged girls spilling the beans on Twitter..... someone is changing their story.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: January 16, 2014 10:31AM

did she recant? if she did, will he be released? charged dropped?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: implying ()
Date: January 16, 2014 10:33AM

What are you implying?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: never ()
Date: January 16, 2014 10:35AM

Don't believe what you are reading or hear. This case is still in full force.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: well well WELL ()
Date: January 16, 2014 10:44AM

from what I am seeing on Twitter, former teammates of the accuser would like to confront accuser about false statements or something. who knows who to believe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: implying ()
Date: January 16, 2014 11:00AM

Of course the teammates would think there are false statements. They don't want to believe the story. The evidence proves otherwise and that's all that matters. There are believers and nonbelievers, that's just how the human race operates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 16, 2014 11:00AM

Yes, Twitter is always the truth, so help me God

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: bullying ()
Date: January 18, 2014 06:57PM

If you are seeing it on twitter, that means you must be pretty close to the players or the victim to know their twitter names. Right? I doubt the victim would be saying anything on twitter to jeopardize the case. But, I could see how team mates could be having a field day with this. Isn't that bullying? They better be careful if they are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12345678AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 8


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **        ********   ********   ********   **     ** 
 **        **     **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **        **     **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **        ********   ********   **     **  **     ** 
 **        **         **         **     **   **   **  
 **        **         **         **     **    ** **   
 ********  **         **         ********      ***    
This forum powered by Phorum.