HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12345678AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 8
Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Time to ban men from coaching ()
Date: August 07, 2013 01:30PM

Va. basketball coach facing child porn, sex assault charges
Wednesday - 8/7/2013, 11:53am

WASHINGTON - A trainer and basketball coach in Virginia has been arrested and charged with sexual assault and solicitation of child pornography.

The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says 39-year-old Marlow Mikassa Afshartous of Reston has provided basketball instruction at Claude Moore Recreation Center in Sterling and the now-closed Hoop Magic in Chantilly.

Afshartous also is known as Marlow Talley. Authorities say he additionally participated with the Fairfax Stars and at Georgetown Day School.

Investigators with the sheriff's office in June began looking into allegations that Afshartous had a sexual relationship with a female athlete under the age of 13. He was arrested last weekend with the help of Fairfax County police and is being held without bond.

Authorities say they are continuing the investigation to see if there may be additional alleged victims. Anyone with information is asked to call 703-777-0475.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 07, 2013 01:31PM

Hoop Magic will never go away will it?
Attachments:
130807102548_Afshartous%20photo.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: VABasketballParent2012 ()
Date: August 07, 2013 02:18PM

Not the answer.... There are great men of integrity who continue to earnestly commit time and expertise to young female athletes. The problem may rest with parents who drop off their girls, have coaches driving them to and from workouts alone, buying them food and serving as an babysitter to some degree all with the hopes and promise of a college scholarship. There has to be consideration given to safety when our children are training with men or women. It may have been very convenient but a girl under 13 should never have been left alone and vulnerable to any male trainer/coach. Parents/Guardians have to do better. Safety First.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: blame the parents? ()
Date: August 07, 2013 02:29PM

To VA BASKETBALL IDIOT PARENT-

Good God what is wrong with you.

The bad guy is pictured above, ok?

The parents aren't on trial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: VABasketballParent2012 ()
Date: August 07, 2013 03:46PM

Not excusing him at all. Not putting parents on trial. Just making a point that "Time to BAN men from coaching" is not the answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: a concerned parent ()
Date: August 07, 2013 04:02PM

>>To VA BASKETBALL IDIOT PARENT-

Good God what is wrong with you.

The bad guy is pictured above, ok?

The parents aren't on trial.


They should be if they allow their underage daughter to be unsupervised around some stranger, I don't care who the hell he is. Men are all horndogs, but most have control of themselves while some do not. If you love your children it is best to plan for the worst and expect every male of being a molester, whether it is in them or not. Most normal men don't like to be around children that are not their own, so if some guy offers to baby sit, drive them around, take care of them, watch the fuck out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Enuffsaid ()
Date: August 07, 2013 05:16PM

Isn't it the law that a male doctor should never be alone with a female minor and so they always have a female nurse present? The same should be true about coaches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: new rules for sports teams ()
Date: August 07, 2013 05:27PM

They should be if they allow their underage daughter to be unsupervised around some stranger


Stranger? So now a youth coach is a stranger?

Odd definition of stranger.

Maybe all sports clubs should require two coaches ON SITE at all times?

The reason the nurse is in the examining room with the doctor is to protect the doctor from false lawsuit--not to protect the patient.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Always Another Side ()
Date: August 07, 2013 05:56PM

No one has asked whether it was the girl who initiated the relationship. How about THAT?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: August 07, 2013 05:59PM

yea nigga, I bet that pussy is tight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Biggest ass yet ()
Date: August 07, 2013 07:49PM

Always Another Side Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one has asked whether it was the girl who
> initiated the relationship. How about THAT?

Seriously?

She was under age 13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Biggmacc ()
Date: August 07, 2013 08:06PM

As a coach and a parent of girls you should never leave your daughter alone with anyone. If someone else is not going to be there at the same time you need to stay. Besides because of what happened here why would you not watch and make sure your child is getting the training g you are paying for?
This is not the parents fault but they sure could have made it impossible to happen by being there all the time. Creeps look for oppertunity, make it so there is none

Options: ReplyQuote
Marlow Talley arrested, charged with sexual assault of a minor
Posted by: More Info ()
Date: August 08, 2013 05:06AM

Marlow Talley arrested, charged with sexual assault of a minor
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/08/marlow-talley-arrested-charged-with-sexual-assault-of-a-minor-92420.html

LEESBURG, Va. (WJLA) - A well-known Loudoun County basketball coach and trainer has been arrested on accusations that he sexually assaulted at least one of his athletes, officials say.

Marlow Mikassa Afshartous, a 39-year-old Reston resident who also goes by the name Marlow Talley, was charged Saturday with sexual assault and solicitation of child pornography, Loudoun County Sheriff's officials say.

Talley was a member of the VCU basketball team in the mid-1990’s, and went on to play professional ball in Finland where he won a slam dunk contest. Then, Talley worked as an assistant for the Georgetown Day School women’s varsity team for the last three seasons, and since 2012, has coached at the Claude Moore Recreation Center in Sterling, VA.

According to an affidavit in Loudoun County court, the alleged victim came forward in late June and late July claiming that on multiple occasions in Loudoun County and Fairfax County, Talley sexually abused her.

She detailed physical actions, as well as Marlow requesting her to take a picture of herself topless with his cell phone.

The victim was 12-years-old at the time of the alleged incidents.

Talley continued to be employed by the county as a basketball instructor up until the day before he was arrested, officials say.

Tony Rizk works out often at the Claude Moore Rec. Center and says:

"This is the place where kids go. And you really can't have people like that in this kind of environment."

Abbas Amiri’s daughter swims at the center, and though he didn’t know Talley personally, says the allegations are nonetheless unsettling:

"it's really sad to hear and see this type of thing happen."

Authorities in both Loudoun and Fairfax counties are trying to figure out if Talley victimized any other young people. The suspect is being held without bond at a Loudoun County jail.

Georgetown Day school released this statement:

Mr. Talley worked at Georgetown Day School in a limited capacity. From approximately November to February during the 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and 2012-2013 school years he served as one of two Assistant High School Women’s Basketball Varsity Coaches. Mr. Talley is not currently employed by GDS nor will he be in the future.

We take matters of this kind very seriously and will be conducting an internal review surrounding his time at GDS.

Caroline Borges lives next door to the Talley family in Reston, where he was arrested on Saturday.

Borges says Talley seemed like a happy husband and father of two young daughters.

"They're a lovely family, so this is pretty upsetting," Borges says.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Concealed Carrier ()
Date: August 08, 2013 05:26AM

Good. This what you get when you let them niggers off with your daughters. Niggers don't have go looking for white girls/your daughters, they just wait for you to deliver them.

Oh he was a good neighbor(nigger), sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: old timer. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 07:10AM

When I was an assistant for volleyball maybe one parent out of twenty stayed and helped out or watched the practice. They saw it as free baby sitting. Some never even showed up to pick up their kids afterwards they left it to the coach or another parent to take the kids home. This is just a crime waiting to happen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: asdfasdfasfd ()
Date: August 08, 2013 08:54AM

Interestingly enough, the other girls he coaches do not believe the accusation, but it looks like the cops busted him redhanded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Duh! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 09:27AM

And what's up with those slumber parties at gyms involving kids and male coaches??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 10:08AM

Just because the police say something doesn't mean it's true. Very few people that actually know Marlow or trains with him think this could be true. There are two sides to every story and if the police have the evidence to convict, then he's guilty. If they don't, he will go free. But one thing is for certain, nobody here knows anything and can say anything as fact. His reputation is ruined either way so he is done in Nova as a trainer. Teenage girls are not the bastions of good behavior and telling the truth. They are little drama queens who like to play games and can be ruthlessly mean. Is that the case here? Time will tell. The evidence will tell the story. If Marlow is as bad as some people here say he is, there will be more victims and more stories and more actual evidence. Until then, dragging someone's name through the mud because "I heard this" or "I saw that" is shameful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: you are disgusting ()
Date: August 08, 2013 10:18AM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because the police say something doesn't mean
> it's true. Very few people that actually know
> Marlow or trains with him think this could be
> true. There are two sides to every story and if
> the police have the evidence to convict, then he's
> guilty. If they don't, he will go free. But one
> thing is for certain, nobody here knows anything
> and can say anything as fact. His reputation is
> ruined either way so he is done in Nova as a
> trainer. Teenage girls are not the bastions of
> good behavior and telling the truth. They are
> little drama queens who like to play games and can
> be ruthlessly mean. Is that the case here? Time
> will tell. The evidence will tell the story. If
> Marlow is as bad as some people here say he is,
> there will be more victims and more stories and
> more actual evidence. Until then, dragging
> someone's name through the mud because "I heard
> this" or "I saw that" is shameful.


Your husband is a sexual predator, ok lady?

Might want to ask your daughters what he did to them too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BUSTED! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 10:25AM

He’s guilty, there's no discussion or argument needed. The nude picture of the girl who made the complaint was on his cell phone and he made the mistake of sharing it. Game over Perv!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Mom of four ()
Date: August 08, 2013 11:05AM

Teenage girls are not the bastions of good behavior and telling the truth. They are little drama queens who like to play games and can be ruthlessly mean. Is that the case here?

Maybe these are the kids you raise lady--but don't speak for the rest of us who have done a pretty good job raising our daughters.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: KP15 ()
Date: August 08, 2013 11:13AM

Hi,

I am a male who trained at hoop magic with Marlow 4 times a week for well over a year so I guess you could say I knew him well. I was shocked to here this news. To me Marlow was literally the nicest guy on the planet hes funny and very kind. He trained more girls than guys but he really understands the way girls play. I never saw anything suspicious but he did occasionally play with the girls with pushes or occasionally a pat on the back for a good job. Nothing unusual. I talked with some of the girls that also trained with him and they are shocked as well. Personally I think it was an over reactive parent that misjudged his known personal behavior and now the media is taking advantage of situation that obviously escalated. He was one of my role models and I sincerely hope this isn't true. Please respond if you have any questions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 11:23AM

I am a parent who dealt with Marlow many times while he trained at Hoop Magic. Like many others, I am very surprised to hear of these ALLEGATIONS. Because that is what they are at this point - ALLEGATIONS. It amazes me how quickly people are able to leap to their own conclusions. I also know a lot of coaches (male and female) and it's the leap to throw them all into the same bucket here that is really disturbing to me. These coaches volunteer their own time, and many times expense, to coach these kids and teams. How about everyone waits to at least hear the actual evidence before throwing Marlow under the bus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: mr.finnair ()
Date: August 08, 2013 12:07PM

Ok, maybe a nice guy and wonderful family but there is so much more to Marlow than most of you know. Karma is a bitch and this is what happens to people who dont take responsibilty of their actions. Yeah sure he seems like a nice person and a nice family from outside but there is a selfish, narcist person under the nice guy image. Trust me, i have had to deal with his irresponsility for many years, and someone else too who is very close to me. But right now im happy he has been far from us and i can just say, everything happens for a reason!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: just stop school sports ()
Date: August 08, 2013 12:40PM

School sports-cost lots of money, aren't good for much, breed people like Jerry Sandusky, full of people like George Allen.

When backed into a corner, school sports people lie through their teeth about the costs of artificial turf, and write deceptive reports to support their flawed positions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: we need turf ()
Date: August 08, 2013 12:55PM

>When backed into a corner, school sports people lie through their teeth about the costs of artificial turf, and write deceptive reports to support their flawed positions.

Well of course they do. They know how much maintenance and work go into a crappy real grass field, and they know how badly we need that wonderous artifical turf. They are ready to lie, cheat and steal to get it for us. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of how selfless and noble these people are, bringing turf fields to all of our schools, no matter what the costs. Makes me proud to be an American!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:01PM

mr.finnair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, maybe a nice guy and wonderful family but
> there is so much more to Marlow than most of you
> know. Karma is a bitch and this is what happens to
> people who dont take responsibilty of their
> actions. Yeah sure he seems like a nice person and
> a nice family from outside but there is a selfish,
> narcist person under the nice guy image. Trust me,
> i have had to deal with his irresponsility for
> many years, and someone else too who is very close
> to me. But right now im happy he has been far from
> us and i can just say, everything happens for a
> reason!!!



Your comments about his personality mean nothing when it comes to this case. It's great when people can judge others isn't it? Step down off your high horse for a minute and relate to us how well you know Marlow and how is personality means he is guilty of this crime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:05PM

you are disgusting Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just because the police say something doesn't
> mean
> > it's true. Very few people that actually know
> > Marlow or trains with him think this could be
> > true. There are two sides to every story and
> if
> > the police have the evidence to convict, then
> he's
> > guilty. If they don't, he will go free. But
> one
> > thing is for certain, nobody here knows
> anything
> > and can say anything as fact. His reputation
> is
> > ruined either way so he is done in Nova as a
> > trainer. Teenage girls are not the bastions of
> > good behavior and telling the truth. They are
> > little drama queens who like to play games and
> can
> > be ruthlessly mean. Is that the case here?
> Time
> > will tell. The evidence will tell the story.
> If
> > Marlow is as bad as some people here say he is,
> > there will be more victims and more stories and
> > more actual evidence. Until then, dragging
> > someone's name through the mud because "I heard
> > this" or "I saw that" is shameful.
>
>
> Your husband is a sexual predator, ok lady?
>
> Might want to ask your daughters what he did to
> them too.


I am not a lady and Marlow has been around my family many MANY times. He did nothing to them. Thanks for your concern though. Marlow trained thousands of kids over the past 15 or so years. Surely more are going to step forward with such allegations if he is the monster everyone is saying he is, correct?

Fact is...you don't know jack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: KP15 ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:06PM

Thank you justthefacts. Does anyone have more information that has not been presented by the media?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: whateverslamdunkwinner ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:08PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mr.finnair Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ok, maybe a nice guy and wonderful family but
> > there is so much more to Marlow than most of
> you
> > know. Karma is a bitch and this is what happens
> to
> > people who dont take responsibilty of their
> > actions. Yeah sure he seems like a nice person
> and
> > a nice family from outside but there is a
> selfish,
> > narcist person under the nice guy image. Trust
> me,
> > i have had to deal with his irresponsility for
> > many years, and someone else too who is very
> close
> > to me. But right now im happy he has been far
> from
> > us and i can just say, everything happens for a
> > reason!!!
>
>
>
> Your comments about his personality mean nothing
> when it comes to this case. It's great when
> people can judge others isn't it? Step down off
> your high horse for a minute and relate to us how
> well you know Marlow and how is personality means
> he is guilty of this crime.

Just saying he is getting what he deserves now. Its karma. He thinks he can get away with anything, thats all im saying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:12PM

whateverslamdunkwinner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mr.finnair Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Ok, maybe a nice guy and wonderful family but
> > > there is so much more to Marlow than most of
> > you
> > > know. Karma is a bitch and this is what
> happens
> > to
> > > people who dont take responsibilty of their
> > > actions. Yeah sure he seems like a nice
> person
> > and
> > > a nice family from outside but there is a
> > selfish,
> > > narcist person under the nice guy image.
> Trust
> > me,
> > > i have had to deal with his irresponsility
> for
> > > many years, and someone else too who is very
> > close
> > > to me. But right now im happy he has been far
> > from
> > > us and i can just say, everything happens for
> a
> > > reason!!!
> >
> >
> >
> > Your comments about his personality mean
> nothing
> > when it comes to this case. It's great when
> > people can judge others isn't it? Step down
> off
> > your high horse for a minute and relate to us
> how
> > well you know Marlow and how is personality
> means
> > he is guilty of this crime.
>
> Just saying he is getting what he deserves now.
> Its karma. He thinks he can get away with
> anything, thats all im saying.



Is he? He's getting what he deserves? What if the allegations are false? Still getting what he deserves? Your issues with Marlow mean nothing in this case. If he is actually innocent of these charges (which he actually is until proven guilty) then what? His life in NOVA is done. His ability to train is done. Even if he is not guilty. He deserves that? That's your contention?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:14PM

KP15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you justthefacts. Does anyone have more
> information that has not been presented by the
> media?


No, what they have is rumor...innuendo...or a personal agenda. These people don't deal in fact. They deal in "karma" and their personal feelings for this man. Forget if the allegations are true or not. GOOD! He is getting what he deserves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BUSTED! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:14PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> whateverslamdunkwinner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > mr.finnair Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Ok, maybe a nice guy and wonderful family
> but
> > > > there is so much more to Marlow than most
> of
> > > you
> > > > know. Karma is a bitch and this is what
> > happens
> > > to
> > > > people who dont take responsibilty of their
> > > > actions. Yeah sure he seems like a nice
> > person
> > > and
> > > > a nice family from outside but there is a
> > > selfish,
> > > > narcist person under the nice guy image.
> > Trust
> > > me,
> > > > i have had to deal with his irresponsility
> > for
> > > > many years, and someone else too who is
> very
> > > close
> > > > to me. But right now im happy he has been
> far
> > > from
> > > > us and i can just say, everything happens
> for
> > a
> > > > reason!!!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Your comments about his personality mean
> > nothing
> > > when it comes to this case. It's great when
> > > people can judge others isn't it? Step down
> > off
> > > your high horse for a minute and relate to us
> > how
> > > well you know Marlow and how is personality
> > means
> > > he is guilty of this crime.
> >
> > Just saying he is getting what he deserves now.
> > Its karma. He thinks he can get away with
> > anything, thats all im saying.
>
>
>
> Is he? He's getting what he deserves? What if
> the allegations are false? Still getting what he
> deserves? Your issues with Marlow mean nothing in
> this case. If he is actually innocent of these
> charges (which he actually is until proven guilty)
> then what? His life in NOVA is done. His ability
> to train is done. Even if he is not guilty. He
> deserves that? That's your contention?


What part of this do you not understand? He was caught, with the girl's naked picture on his phone. He took the picture and was sharing it, that's what the cops used to arrest him. Game over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:18PM

BUSTED! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > whateverslamdunkwinner Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Justthefacts Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > mr.finnair Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > Ok, maybe a nice guy and wonderful family
> > but
> > > > > there is so much more to Marlow than most
> > of
> > > > you
> > > > > know. Karma is a bitch and this is what
> > > happens
> > > > to
> > > > > people who dont take responsibilty of
> their
> > > > > actions. Yeah sure he seems like a nice
> > > person
> > > > and
> > > > > a nice family from outside but there is a
> > > > selfish,
> > > > > narcist person under the nice guy image.
> > > Trust
> > > > me,
> > > > > i have had to deal with his
> irresponsility
> > > for
> > > > > many years, and someone else too who is
> > very
> > > > close
> > > > > to me. But right now im happy he has been
> > far
> > > > from
> > > > > us and i can just say, everything happens
> > for
> > > a
> > > > > reason!!!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Your comments about his personality mean
> > > nothing
> > > > when it comes to this case. It's great
> when
> > > > people can judge others isn't it? Step
> down
> > > off
> > > > your high horse for a minute and relate to
> us
> > > how
> > > > well you know Marlow and how is personality
> > > means
> > > > he is guilty of this crime.
> > >
> > > Just saying he is getting what he deserves
> now.
> > > Its karma. He thinks he can get away with
> > > anything, thats all im saying.
> >
> >
> >
> > Is he? He's getting what he deserves? What if
> > the allegations are false? Still getting what
> he
> > deserves? Your issues with Marlow mean nothing
> in
> > this case. If he is actually innocent of these
> > charges (which he actually is until proven
> guilty)
> > then what? His life in NOVA is done. His
> ability
> > to train is done. Even if he is not guilty.
> He
> > deserves that? That's your contention?
>
>
> What part of this do you not understand? He was
> caught, with the girl's naked picture on his
> phone. He took the picture and was sharing it,
> that's what the cops used to arrest him. Game
> over.



Prove it. Show us. Let's see the cop's statement regarding that. Again, try dealing with fact. And do you actually have proof the girl didn't pick up the phone and take the picture without his knowledge? What if she is setting him up? That's what a court case is for...to allow all the facts to come out. You don't have facts. You have what the media is feeding you.

Options: ReplyQuote
many lessons here
Posted by: what can we all learn here? ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:19PM

This is hopefully the first time for many of us that someone we know personally has been ACCUSED of such things. How about we all do some deep breathing and let the facts reveal themselves. I do agree that Marlow's life in NOVA is toast now, no matter what the outcome. I just hope that IF the allegations prove false, everyone doesn't them throw the kid under the bus. It amazes me how low people will sink with their comments - actually how low and how fast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BUSTED! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:23PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Prove it. Show us. Let's see the cop's statement
> regarding that. Again, try dealing with fact.
> And do you actually have proof the girl didn't
> pick up the phone and take the picture without his
> knowledge? What if she is setting him up? That's
> what a court case is for...to allow all the facts
> to come out. You don't have facts. You have what
> the media is feeding you.

The picture was from a short distance away, so she didn't set him up. He's done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: many lessons here
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:23PM

what can we all learn here? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is hopefully the first time for many of us
> that someone we know personally has been ACCUSED
> of such things. How about we all do some deep
> breathing and let the facts reveal themselves. I
> do agree that Marlow's life in NOVA is toast now,
> no matter what the outcome. I just hope that IF
> the allegations prove false, everyone doesn't them
> throw the kid under the bus. It amazes me how low
> people will sink with their comments - actually
> how low and how fast.


This is what happens in this witch hunt society. Nobody stops and thinks "what if it were me" or "what if this were my brother/father/friend"? I see how quickly people will turn on you. Some of you had better hope you're never accused of anything you're not guilty of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:26PM

BUSTED! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Prove it. Show us. Let's see the cop's
> statement
> > regarding that. Again, try dealing with fact.
>
> > And do you actually have proof the girl didn't
> > pick up the phone and take the picture without
> his
> > knowledge? What if she is setting him up?
> That's
> > what a court case is for...to allow all the
> facts
> > to come out. You don't have facts. You have
> what
> > the media is feeding you.
>
> The picture was from a short distance away, so she
> didn't set him up. He's done.



This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. First, you have proof of this? Second, even the media has reported that he ALLEGEDLY asked HER to take the picture with his phone. Lastly, I didn't know there was a distance vector in which it's impossible for someone to take a selfie with a cellphone and it HAS to be someone else taking the picture. Frankly, the closer the photo, the more likely the person took it themselves. After arm length, then yes, it's impossible pretty much for someone to take a photo of themselves. But please, provide more "facts" to us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BUSTED! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:28PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BUSTED! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > Prove it. Show us. Let's see the cop's
> > statement
> > > regarding that. Again, try dealing with
> fact.
> >
> > > And do you actually have proof the girl
> didn't
> > > pick up the phone and take the picture
> without
> > his
> > > knowledge? What if she is setting him up?
> > That's
> > > what a court case is for...to allow all the
> > facts
> > > to come out. You don't have facts. You have
> > what
> > > the media is feeding you.
> >
> > The picture was from a short distance away, so
> she
> > didn't set him up. He's done.
>
>
>
> This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
> First, you have proof of this? Second, even the
> media has reported that he ALLEGEDLY asked HER to
> take the picture with his phone. Lastly, I didn't
> know there was a distance vector in which it's
> impossible for someone to take a selfie with a
> cellphone and it HAS to be someone else taking the
> picture. Frankly, the closer the photo, the more
> likely the person took it themselves. After arm
> length, then yes, it's impossible pretty much for
> someone to take a photo of themselves. But
> please, provide more "facts" to us.

He's so busted, there's about two gigs of pictures with this girl and others under aged. He is so very busted, and you? You're just plain retarded.

Options: ReplyQuote
you seem very close to this situation
Posted by: hey BUSTED ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:29PM

so, which side are you on? were you jealous of Marlow's business? his abilities? with all of the inside info you seem to have, maybe you should get in touch with the police and help with the investigation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: mr.finnair ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:30PM

Yes i actually do think he is getting what he deserves. And not getting into any details because i want to protect someone. All this bullshit about how he is someones role model, well he certainly shouldnt be!!! Things are not always how they seem to be from outside, dont be so stupid people. Guilty or not in this crime, what goes around comes around...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:31PM

BUSTED! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BUSTED! Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Justthefacts Wrote:
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > > Prove it. Show us. Let's see the cop's
> > > statement
> > > > regarding that. Again, try dealing with
> > fact.
> > >
> > > > And do you actually have proof the girl
> > didn't
> > > > pick up the phone and take the picture
> > without
> > > his
> > > > knowledge? What if she is setting him up?
> > > That's
> > > > what a court case is for...to allow all the
> > > facts
> > > > to come out. You don't have facts. You
> have
> > > what
> > > > the media is feeding you.
> > >
> > > The picture was from a short distance away,
> so
> > she
> > > didn't set him up. He's done.
> >
> >
> >
> > This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
> > First, you have proof of this? Second, even
> the
> > media has reported that he ALLEGEDLY asked HER
> to
> > take the picture with his phone. Lastly, I
> didn't
> > know there was a distance vector in which it's
> > impossible for someone to take a selfie with a
> > cellphone and it HAS to be someone else taking
> the
> > picture. Frankly, the closer the photo, the
> more
> > likely the person took it themselves. After
> arm
> > length, then yes, it's impossible pretty much
> for
> > someone to take a photo of themselves. But
> > please, provide more "facts" to us.
>
> He's so busted, there's about two gigs of pictures
> with this girl and others under aged. He is so
> very busted, and you? You're just plain retarded.


Again...proof? Provide us all this evidence you seem to have that nobody else has.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:34PM

mr.finnair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes i actually do think he is getting what he
> deserves. And not getting into any details because
> i want to protect someone. All this bullshit about
> how he is someones role model, well he certainly
> shouldnt be!!! Things are not always how they seem
> to be from outside, dont be so stupid people.
> Guilty or not in this crime, what goes around
> comes around...




Good for you. Hate your fellow man. Jesus probably looks up to you. While you're at it, pray you're never accused of a crime and paraded in front of the media before the facts of the case ever come out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: you seem very close to this situation
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:37PM

hey BUSTED Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so, which side are you on? were you jealous of
> Marlow's business? his abilities? with all of
> the inside info you seem to have, maybe you should
> get in touch with the police and help with the
> investigation?



My side is on the side of justice. If he is guilty, then he needs to rot in jail for the rest of his life. But as of yet...he is not guilty. There are allegations made against him. I've known Marlow for decades. I am a competitor of his in the training arena. I wouldn't be jealous of his abilities or his business, which was at best, floundering. I want to only see justice done. That justice only comes with a court case and a trial, not by talking smack on a message board, touting "facts" that aren't actual fact.

Options: ReplyQuote
sure feels like a witch hunt
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:38PM

I have to agree with justthefacts - either prove it BUSTED or accept the fact that just as you can sit at your computer and type lines of b.s., you have to accept the fact that there are people who don't actually believe everything that they read on the internet or see 'reported' by the media. Flava Flav was right - FALSE MEDIA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ban the hoops ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:42PM

You should call yourself copterparents and be honest. All of these activities do is waste money, raise taxes and distract from core education. Unless you think your kid is going to be a professional basketball player, just give it up and move on.

Options: ReplyQuote
hahahaha!
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:45PM

'coperparents' - that is hilarious! I actually call it BEING INVOLVED. you should give it a try.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BUSTED! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:49PM

Justthefacts and hoops parent...Pssst...Read the articles above again (this time with your eyes open). They didn't arrest him until they had the evidence in hand. (they do not just take the word of the victim in a situation like this).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: mr.finnair ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:52PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mr.finnair Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes i actually do think he is getting what he
> > deserves. And not getting into any details
> because
> > i want to protect someone. All this bullshit
> about
> > how he is someones role model, well he
> certainly
> > shouldnt be!!! Things are not always how they
> seem
> > to be from outside, dont be so stupid people.
> > Guilty or not in this crime, what goes around
> > comes around...
>
>
>
>
> Good for you. Hate your fellow man. Jesus
> probably looks up to you. While you're at it,
> pray you're never accused of a crime and paraded
> in front of the media before the facts of the case
> ever come out.

Oh i dont hate him, did i ever say that?? I just think when u leave something behind and dont take responsibility of your actions somehow life will throw it back at your face. And what he has put his own son thru, im sorry but i dont feel sorry for him at all. The one i feel sorry for is his son who has a dead beat dad who chooses the kids he wants to be around. Now if these young girls are more important to him than his son is he still your role model???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:52PM

He'll have his day in court, but I can tell you now it will not go well for him. The investigators have amassed enough evidence to charge and convict him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:53PM

BUSTED! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts and hoops parent...Pssst...Read the
> articles above again (this time with your eyes
> open). They didn't arrest him until they had the
> evidence in hand. (they do not just take the word
> of the victim in a situation like this).


Psssst...police make arrests all the time with insufficient or circumstantial evidence and cases get tossed. Read the news one day. Also, read a book of some kind about evidence and law. Please provide us the evidence you claim to have. Been waiting for about an hour now and you've done nothing but post your opinions and what the media fed you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:55PM

BUSTED! I have read all of the articles. It is your apparent inside knowledge of the details that intrigues me. It's almost like you saw the pictures yourself, you know? Check your phone, BUSTED, and make sure you deleted those pics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:57PM

mr.finnair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mr.finnair Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Yes i actually do think he is getting what he
> > > deserves. And not getting into any details
> > because
> > > i want to protect someone. All this bullshit
> > about
> > > how he is someones role model, well he
> > certainly
> > > shouldnt be!!! Things are not always how they
> > seem
> > > to be from outside, dont be so stupid people.
> > > Guilty or not in this crime, what goes around
> > > comes around...
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Good for you. Hate your fellow man. Jesus
> > probably looks up to you. While you're at it,
> > pray you're never accused of a crime and
> paraded
> > in front of the media before the facts of the
> case
> > ever come out.
>
> Oh i dont hate him, did i ever say that?? I just
> think when u leave something behind and dont take
> responsibility of your actions somehow life will
> throw it back at your face. And what he has put
> his own son thru, im sorry but i dont feel sorry
> for him at all. The one i feel sorry for is his
> son who has a dead beat dad who chooses the kids
> he wants to be around. Now if these young girls
> are more important to him than his son is he still
> your role model???


His relationship with his son, and quite frankly, the relationship he has with anyone outside of this case are pretty much irrelevant. He has a wife and two daughters and those daughters love their father beyond belief. He has a mother and father that love him too. But again, irrelevant to the case at hand. You can throw dirt all you want about his personal life and your judgement of him as a father, it doesn't change the facts of this case and whether he is guilty or not.

Your dislike for him is jumping off the page. You can claim you don't hate him but it's pretty visible when you start attacking him on a personal level.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 01:58PM

BOLO. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He'll have his day in court, but I can tell you
> now it will not go well for him. The investigators
> have amassed enough evidence to charge and convict
> him.



An arrest does not equal a conviction. I hope that one day you don't get the distinct pleasure of finding that out first hand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:01PM

hoops parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BUSTED! I have read all of the articles. It is
> your apparent inside knowledge of the details that
> intrigues me. It's almost like you saw the
> pictures yourself, you know? Check your phone,
> BUSTED, and make sure you deleted those pics.

The information that "BUSTED!" posted is accurate regarding the picture. It came out after the arrest was announced when the media was interviewing LCPD about the case; however no pictures have been released because the victim is a minor. The pictures however are those of a young teenage female some distance away from the camera (allegedly taken by the suspect). BTW, it doesn't matter if he took the picture or not, just having it in his possession is a crime (Child Porn).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:01PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BOLO. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He'll have his day in court, but I can tell you
> > now it will not go well for him. The
> investigators
> > have amassed enough evidence to charge and
> convict
> > him.
>
>
>
> An arrest does not equal a conviction. I hope
> that one day you don't get the distinct pleasure
> of finding that out first hand.

I do the arresting. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:04PM

BOLO. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BOLO. Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > He'll have his day in court, but I can tell
> you
> > > now it will not go well for him. The
> > investigators
> > > have amassed enough evidence to charge and
> > convict
> > > him.
> >
> >
> >
> > An arrest does not equal a conviction. I hope
> > that one day you don't get the distinct
> pleasure
> > of finding that out first hand.
>
> I do the arresting. ;)


I CALL TOTAL B.S. ON THAT. give me a break.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:07PM

BOLO. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hoops parent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BUSTED! I have read all of the articles. It
> is
> > your apparent inside knowledge of the details
> that
> > intrigues me. It's almost like you saw the
> > pictures yourself, you know? Check your phone,
> > BUSTED, and make sure you deleted those pics.
>
> The information that "BUSTED!" posted is accurate
> regarding the picture. It came out after the
> arrest was announced when the media was
> interviewing LCPD about the case; however no
> pictures have been released because the victim is
> a minor. The pictures however are those of a young
> teenage female some distance away from the camera
> (allegedly taken by the suspect). BTW, it doesn't
> matter if he took the picture or not, just having
> it in his possession is a crime (Child Porn).




And taking everything you say face value, the first thing that has to be established is that the photos ARE of an underaged girl, or the victim in this case. The defense also has the right to question that. Second, did she take the pictures without his knowledge? Defense also gets to question this. That's what a trial is for. I agree completely that the child porn charge is the most damning charge because it takes less to prove. But it is a little more complex than "hey look, pictures."

Again, if he is guilty, it will happen in a courtroom, not in the media or on a message board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:08PM

BOLO. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BOLO. Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > He'll have his day in court, but I can tell
> you
> > > now it will not go well for him. The
> > investigators
> > > have amassed enough evidence to charge and
> > convict
> > > him.
> >
> >
> >
> > An arrest does not equal a conviction. I hope
> > that one day you don't get the distinct
> pleasure
> > of finding that out first hand.
>
> I do the arresting. ;)


Ok, I will play. So answer this. Everyone you've ever arrested has been convicted?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:09PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mr.finnair Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > mr.finnair Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Yes i actually do think he is getting what
> he
> > > > deserves. And not getting into any details
> > > because
> > > > i want to protect someone. All this
> bullshit
> > > about
> > > > how he is someones role model, well he
> > > certainly
> > > > shouldnt be!!! Things are not always how
> they
> > > seem
> > > > to be from outside, dont be so stupid
> people.
> > > > Guilty or not in this crime, what goes
> around
> > > > comes around...
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Good for you. Hate your fellow man. Jesus
> > > probably looks up to you. While you're at
> it,
> > > pray you're never accused of a crime and
> > paraded
> > > in front of the media before the facts of the
> > case
> > > ever come out.
> >
> > Oh i dont hate him, did i ever say that?? I
> just
> > think when u leave something behind and dont
> take
> > responsibility of your actions somehow life
> will
> > throw it back at your face. And what he has put
> > his own son thru, im sorry but i dont feel
> sorry
> > for him at all. The one i feel sorry for is his
> > son who has a dead beat dad who chooses the
> kids
> > he wants to be around. Now if these young girls
> > are more important to him than his son is he
> still
> > your role model???
>
>
> His relationship with his son, and quite frankly,
> the relationship he has with anyone outside of
> this case are pretty much irrelevant. He has a
> wife and two daughters and those daughters love
> their father beyond belief. He has a mother and
> father that love him too. But again, irrelevant
> to the case at hand. You can throw dirt all you
> want about his personal life and your judgement of
> him as a father, it doesn't change the facts of
> this case and whether he is guilty or not.
>
> Your dislike for him is jumping off the page. You
> can claim you don't hate him but it's pretty
> visible when you start attacking him on a personal
> level.

I dont hate him, trust me. Like i said, guilty or not, what he has done in the past and how he has behaved, it was expected he would get it back at him some day. That is karma. Thats all. And its pretty unbelievable that in this case people are siding with him and basically saying the girl is lying... Because Marlow never lies or cheats and is a great family man??? Oh please, wake up.

Options: ReplyQuote
you are missing my point
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:15PM

I am not siding with Marlow, nor am I saying the girl is lying. I am saying that we should all WAIT FOR THE FACTS. good grief.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:15PM

enough Wrote:

>
> I dont hate him, trust me. Like i said, guilty or
> not, what he has done in the past and how he has
> behaved, it was expected he would get it back at
> him some day. That is karma. Thats all. And its
> pretty unbelievable that in this case people are
> siding with him and basically saying the girl is
> lying... Because Marlow never lies or cheats and
> is a great family man??? Oh please, wake up.



That can be said of anyone. Every single person on the face of the earth has done wrong in their lives. If you claim to have not, you're lying, and that's doing wrong. Nobody ever said Marlow doesn't lie or cheat. Nobody here has blamed the alleged victim either. The bottom line is that his personal life, with all that alleged "lying and cheating" has nothing to do with this case. Also, the state has a burden to PROVE Marlow did something to this girl. You can't just listen to the story woven by the media and then claim the girl's story to be gospel. That's not how our justice system works. I am not defending Marlow and his personal life. I don't care about his personal life. I am merely watching the mindless masses sit here and judge him guilty of this crime without any trial.

Where is the karma police for that? Convicting someone of a crime without giving them a day in court? Sounds like bad karma no? Judging him on his personal life and taking those judgements to claim "that's what he gets" that's bad karma no? Hypocritical at best. Ignorant at worst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: KP15 ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:34PM

Wow I'm gone for a few hours and this is what I come to see... I guarantee most of you are older than me and you're acting like children. Some people know the bad side of marlow and most people know the good side. Ignoring this situation I believe he has done more right then wrong for many young people. Oh and some of you think training for basketball is a waste of money? Wow so ignorant. I never knew teaching someone at a young age how to become better at something that matters to the child was a waste of money. Let alone the physical shape they get into which I bet is better than yours. I do believe in justice and if he is guilty of child pornography he is erased from my memory until he gets his mind in the right direction again. But until then I will call Marlow a nice guy that I used to know. Oh btw Karma doesn't exist, only the repercussions following one's own choices.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: APB Al ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:41PM

It's Obama time. If you're Black, you can do anything you want. If anyone tries to stop you, have them arrested and charged with racism by Holder and the thought police.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: KP15 ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:44PM

What if you're mixed? Lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:44PM

APB Al Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's Obama time. If you're Black, you can do
> anything you want. If anyone tries to stop you,
> have them arrested and charged with racism by
> Holder and the thought police.


And apparently white people get to make racist rants all they want on the internet. Gotta love Obama time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justsaying ()
Date: August 08, 2013 02:54PM

Not only did Marlow have girls riding around in his truck, but some were driving his truck. Young girls sitting on his lap and jumping on his back in hoop magic wasn't a red flag to anyone? Marlow has always had a fan club of young girls, like he was a rapper and why? He's not even a good trainer!! How many of his girls got in a DI school??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:03PM

Justsaying Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not only did Marlow have girls riding around in
> his truck, but some were driving his truck. Young
> girls sitting on his lap and jumping on his back
> in hoop magic wasn't a red flag to anyone? Marlow
> has always had a fan club of young girls, like he
> was a rapper and why? He's not even a good
> trainer!! How many of his girls got in a DI
> school??



While your opinions are respectable, your opinions are misplaced. First, how is he supposed to be controlling how people treat him? How girls act towards him? Is he supposed to see someone jumping on his back? Are some of the behaviors red flags? Certainly, but red flags for what? He's irresponsible? Sure. A child sex offender? Not so much. As far as training goes, you couldn't be more off base. How many girls did he train that went to D1 is irrelevant. The question to ask is 'How many girls WENT to college that he trained?" If he was such a crap trainer, it's a wonder how he was employed in so many different areas and for so many different people. Apparently some people had a different opinion of his training abilities. If he sucked so bad, he wouldn't have been a part of so many lives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:06PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BOLO. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > BOLO. Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > He'll have his day in court, but I can tell
> > you
> > > > now it will not go well for him. The
> > > investigators
> > > > have amassed enough evidence to charge and
> > > convict
> > > > him.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > An arrest does not equal a conviction. I
> hope
> > > that one day you don't get the distinct
> > pleasure
> > > of finding that out first hand.
> >
> > I do the arresting. ;)
>
>
> Ok, I will play. So answer this. Everyone you've
> ever arrested has been convicted?

Almost all of them. The best policy when issuing a warrant or making an arrest is to have all your ducks in a row, otherwise the suspect walks. For the suspect here, the original investigation is complete with the victim, however there are other victims (more than photo). Loudoun County has reached out to law enforcement in other counties in Northern VA to identify the others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:09PM

BOLO. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BOLO. Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Justthefacts Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > BOLO. Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > He'll have his day in court, but I can
> tell
> > > you
> > > > > now it will not go well for him. The
> > > > investigators
> > > > > have amassed enough evidence to charge
> and
> > > > convict
> > > > > him.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > An arrest does not equal a conviction. I
> > hope
> > > > that one day you don't get the distinct
> > > pleasure
> > > > of finding that out first hand.
> > >
> > > I do the arresting. ;)
> >
> >
> > Ok, I will play. So answer this. Everyone
> you've
> > ever arrested has been convicted?
>
> Almost all of them. The best policy when issuing a
> warrant or making an arrest is to have all your
> ducks in a row, otherwise the suspect walks. For
> the suspect here, the original investigation is
> complete with the victim, however there are other
> victims (more than photo). Loudoun County has
> reached out to law enforcement in other counties
> in Northern VA to identify the others.


So no, not everyone you've ever arrested has been convicted.

As far as your statement about other victims, it will come out in court. I am sure that part will be "leaked" to the media as well at some point. Doesn't change anything about him getting his day in court.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:13PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BOLO. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > BOLO. Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Justthefacts Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > BOLO. Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > He'll have his day in court, but I can
> > tell
> > > > you
> > > > > > now it will not go well for him. The
> > > > > investigators
> > > > > > have amassed enough evidence to charge
> > and
> > > > > convict
> > > > > > him.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > An arrest does not equal a conviction. I
> > > hope
> > > > > that one day you don't get the distinct
> > > > pleasure
> > > > > of finding that out first hand.
> > > >
> > > > I do the arresting. ;)
> > >
> > >
> > > Ok, I will play. So answer this. Everyone
> > you've
> > > ever arrested has been convicted?
> >
> > Almost all of them. The best policy when issuing
> a
> > warrant or making an arrest is to have all your
> > ducks in a row, otherwise the suspect walks.
> For
> > the suspect here, the original investigation is
> > complete with the victim, however there are
> other
> > victims (more than photo). Loudoun County has
> > reached out to law enforcement in other
> counties
> > in Northern VA to identify the others.
>
>
> So no, not everyone you've ever arrested has been
> convicted.
>
> As far as your statement about other victims, it
> will come out in court. I am sure that part will
> be "leaked" to the media as well at some point.
> Doesn't change anything about him getting his day
> in court.

Hope your not betting your paycheck on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: wronged amigo ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:15PM

And look theyre pickin on another nice man over here

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1274135.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:16PM

BOLO. Wrote:

> >
> > So no, not everyone you've ever arrested has
> been
> > convicted.
> >
> > As far as your statement about other victims,
> it
> > will come out in court. I am sure that part
> will
> > be "leaked" to the media as well at some point.
>
> > Doesn't change anything about him getting his
> day
> > in court.
>
> Hope your not betting your paycheck on it.



Betting on what? The only dog I have in this show is named justice. If guilty, he will get what's coming to him. If innocent, his life is ruined already.

Options: ReplyQuote
i have a question
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:19PM

especially to those of you who seem to know so much about all of this - why was no bond offered?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i have a question
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:22PM

hoops parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> especially to those of you who seem to know so
> much about all of this - why was no bond offered?


In a case like this, with charges like this, no way he would get bond. They have already said "there may be more victims" and they wouldn't want him to be able to get to them, or the one known victim, before trial. Could be a flight risk as well with his ties to other areas of the country and world.

These would be my assumptions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i have a question
Posted by: hoops parent ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:24PM

total nightmare all the way around - my son and his friends are all stunned - including some girls that were on his current team. Everyone is really in shock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i have a question
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:27PM

hoops parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> total nightmare all the way around - my son and
> his friends are all stunned - including some girls
> that were on his current team. Everyone is really
> in shock.

I've known him for 25 years. He has his faults, but no way does anyone I know think he did this. We all recognize he COULD be guilty. But there is just no way from our history with him do we think he is capable of this. It's one of the biggest shocks of my life for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i have a question
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:36PM

hoops parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> especially to those of you who seem to know so
> much about all of this - why was no bond offered?

We was not eligible due to the nature of these particular offense(s) and he is considered a flight risk. You don't know this man as much as you think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: just a question ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:41PM

If a person is found guilty for the first time in a crime like this how many people around him would have ever guessed this about him?? What are the signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just saying normally people dont see this coming before that person is caught...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i have a question
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:44PM

BOLO. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hoops parent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > especially to those of you who seem to know so
> > much about all of this - why was no bond
> offered?
>
> We was not eligible due to the nature of these
> particular offense(s) and he is considered a
> flight risk. You don't know this man as much as
> you think.

Correction: Should have said "He" and not "We".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:45PM

just a question Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a person is found guilty for the first time in
> a crime like this how many people around him would
> have ever guessed this about him?? What are the
> signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just saying
> normally people dont see this coming before that
> person is caught...



That's not true at all. Pedophiles are predators. They are wired that way. There is no way NOBODY knew nothing and there aren't accusations all over the place in most of those cases. Could we all be wrong about him? It's possible. But either way, he deserves to have his day in court before judgement is passed on him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BOLO. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:49PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just a question Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If a person is found guilty for the first time
> in
> > a crime like this how many people around him
> would
> > have ever guessed this about him?? What are the
> > signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just
> saying
> > normally people dont see this coming before
> that
> > person is caught...
>
>
>
> That's not true at all. Pedophiles are predators.
> They are wired that way. There is no way NOBODY
> knew nothing and there aren't accusations all over
> the place in most of those cases. Could we all be
> wrong about him? It's possible. But either way,
> he deserves to have his day in court before
> judgement is passed on him.


His luck finally ran out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Innocent until proven guilty!
Posted by: Innocent until proven guilty! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:55PM

I am a younger (but not minor) female who has worked with Marlow for years. I can't tell you the number of times he had my back when other men were rude to me, etc. I can't fathom him doing the things he is alleged of and will be shocked if this is all true, as will many of the females he worked with or trained. Can't believe how quick people are to jump on a man and situation they don't know...so sad!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:55PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just a question Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If a person is found guilty for the first time
> in
> > a crime like this how many people around him
> would
> > have ever guessed this about him?? What are the
> > signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just
> saying
> > normally people dont see this coming before
> that
> > person is caught...
>
>
>
> That's not true at all. Pedophiles are predators.
> They are wired that way. There is no way NOBODY
> knew nothing and there aren't accusations all over
> the place in most of those cases. Could we all be
> wrong about him? It's possible. But either way,
> he deserves to have his day in court before
> judgement is passed on him.

They're not always so obvious. Not sure if you've ever heard of this website before, but it tracks Peds. Prepare to be horrified, because when I put in my home address 15 live in my neighborhood (two or three roads down), 1 right on my street.

Family Watchdog
http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Innocent until proven guilty!
Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: August 08, 2013 03:56PM

Innocent until proven guilty! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a younger (but not minor) female who has
> worked with Marlow for years. I can't tell you
> the number of times he had my back when other men
> were rude to me, etc. I can't fathom him doing
> the things he is alleged of and will be shocked if
> this is all true, as will many of the females he
> worked with or trained. Can't believe how quick
> people are to jump on a man and situation they
> don't know...so sad!

Are you ugly? If you are, that might explain why he never tried to get you on your back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: KP15 ()
Date: August 08, 2013 04:05PM

Wow @Mr.Insensitive. It doesn't matter how you look anyone can fall victim to a crime of this nature. I understand both sides but seriously leave the ignorance out. It's sad that some of your lives revolve around trolling on forums. Shows how much you have going for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Innocent until proven guilty!
Posted by: Innocent until proven guilty! ()
Date: August 08, 2013 04:08PM

How sad for Mr. Insensitive that you have to attack my looks! It is irrelevant. My point is that when other men acted inappropriately towards me, Marlow was the one that stopped them. For myself and most of the girls I know that have worked and trained with him, he was as protective as a family member and looked out for those around him. His behavior was the complete opposite of these allegations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 04:18PM

Two Cents Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justthefacts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > just a question Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > If a person is found guilty for the first
> time
> > in
> > > a crime like this how many people around him
> > would
> > > have ever guessed this about him?? What are
> the
> > > signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just
> > saying
> > > normally people dont see this coming before
> > that
> > > person is caught...
> >
> >
> >
> > That's not true at all. Pedophiles are
> predators.
> > They are wired that way. There is no way
> NOBODY
> > knew nothing and there aren't accusations all
> over
> > the place in most of those cases. Could we all
> be
> > wrong about him? It's possible. But either
> way,
> > he deserves to have his day in court before
> > judgement is passed on him.
>
> They're not always so obvious. Not sure if you've
> ever heard of this website before, but it tracks
> Peds. Prepare to be horrified, because when I put
> in my home address 15 live in my neighborhood (two
> or three roads down), 1 right on my street.
>
> Family Watchdog
> http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Not sure what your point is with this? We know sex offenders are everywhere. Not all sex offenders are pedophiles. And when you know someone for decades, you should be able to notice some kind of behavior out of someone that shows he's a criminal of some sort. Marlow has never exhibited ANY criminal activity in front of me or anyone that has known him as long as we have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: August 08, 2013 04:29PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two Cents Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > just a question Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > If a person is found guilty for the first
> > time
> > > in
> > > > a crime like this how many people around
> him
> > > would
> > > > have ever guessed this about him?? What are
> > the
> > > > signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just
> > > saying
> > > > normally people dont see this coming before
> > > that
> > > > person is caught...
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > That's not true at all. Pedophiles are
> > predators.
> > > They are wired that way. There is no way
> > NOBODY
> > > knew nothing and there aren't accusations all
> > over
> > > the place in most of those cases. Could we
> all
> > be
> > > wrong about him? It's possible. But either
> > way,
> > > he deserves to have his day in court before
> > > judgement is passed on him.
> >
> > They're not always so obvious. Not sure if
> you've
> > ever heard of this website before, but it
> tracks
> > Peds. Prepare to be horrified, because when I
> put
> > in my home address 15 live in my neighborhood
> (two
> > or three roads down), 1 right on my street.
> >
> > Family Watchdog
> > http://www.familywatchdog.us/
>
> Not sure what your point is with this? We know
> sex offenders are everywhere. Not all sex
> offenders are pedophiles. And when you know
> someone for decades, you should be able to notice
> some kind of behavior out of someone that shows
> he's a criminal of some sort. Marlow has never
> exhibited ANY criminal activity in front of me or
> anyone that has known him as long as we have.


My point was to show they can be anyone. Some go for years before they're charged with a crime for a variety of reasons. In this case, you've known this guy for years. Who knows what he was doing behind closed doors. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out in a few weeks or so. Very sad state of affairs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Clarified ()
Date: August 08, 2013 04:30PM

KP15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow @Mr.Insensitive. It doesn't matter how you
> look anyone can fall victim to a crime of this
> nature. I understand both sides but seriously
> leave the ignorance out. It's sad that some of
> your lives revolve around trolling on forums.
> Shows how much you have going for you.

Innocent until proven guilty! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How sad for Mr. Insensitive that you have to
> attack my looks! It is irrelevant. My point is
> that when other men acted inappropriately towards
> me, Marlow was the one that stopped them. For
> myself and most of the girls I know that have
> worked and trained with him, he was as protective
> as a family member and looked out for those around
> him. His behavior was the complete opposite of
> these allegations.

This is Fairfax Underground, what were you expecting dipshits?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: hellochildishpeople ()
Date: August 08, 2013 04:48PM

Justthefacts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two Cents Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Justthefacts Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > just a question Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > If a person is found guilty for the first
> > time
> > > in
> > > > a crime like this how many people around
> him
> > > would
> > > > have ever guessed this about him?? What are
> > the
> > > > signs of a never convicted pedofile? Just
> > > saying
> > > > normally people dont see this coming before
> > > that
> > > > person is caught...
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > That's not true at all. Pedophiles are
> > predators.
> > > They are wired that way. There is no way
> > NOBODY
> > > knew nothing and there aren't accusations all
> > over
> > > the place in most of those cases. Could we
> all
> > be
> > > wrong about him? It's possible. But either
> > way,
> > > he deserves to have his day in court before
> > > judgement is passed on him.
> >
> > They're not always so obvious. Not sure if
> you've
> > ever heard of this website before, but it
> tracks
> > Peds. Prepare to be horrified, because when I
> put
> > in my home address 15 live in my neighborhood
> (two
> > or three roads down), 1 right on my street.
> >
> > Family Watchdog
> > http://www.familywatchdog.us/
>
> Not sure what your point is with this? We know
> sex offenders are everywhere. Not all sex
> offenders are pedophiles. And when you know
> someone for decades, you should be able to notice
> some kind of behavior out of someone that shows
> he's a criminal of some sort. Marlow has never
> exhibited ANY criminal activity in front of me or
> anyone that has known him as long as we have.

And i have known him for 17 yrs and have seen criminal activity and there is another law suit against him. I told you, everything is not always what it seems from the outside!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 06:21PM

hellochildishpeople Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> And i have known him for 17 yrs and have seen
> criminal activity and there is another law suit
> against him. I told you, everything is not always
> what it seems from the outside!!!


Explain to us that activity. Explain to us that lawsuit since you're so versed in his life and we're not. Explain how that lawsuit pertains to this case as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough ()
Date: August 08, 2013 06:48PM

Dont need to explain you anything, i dont owe you any explanations. I know what i have seen and experienced with my own eyes and watched someone very close to me suffer from his actions. And dealt with the consequences of this selfish ignorant man. Might not have anything to do with this case but tells something about his character. If you are cabable of hurting your child the way he has (not talking about anything physical but is mental any worse???) then what are you cabable of doing to other peoples children. Thats why it makes me sick when someone says Marlow is their role model or they are a wonderful family when there is so much shit behind the scenes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough ()
Date: August 08, 2013 07:18PM

And what the hell is going on with his name? He used to be Marlow mokassa talley... Why the need to change his official name??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: KP15 ()
Date: August 08, 2013 08:00PM

Not to be rude but I'm assuming @enough that you are the mother of Marlows son? In that case I can see why you hate him... but you are irrelevant to this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: coworker ()
Date: August 08, 2013 08:12PM

It ALL makes sense now! OMG WTF!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: theone ()
Date: August 08, 2013 08:14PM

KP15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not to be rude but I'm assuming @enough that you
> are the mother of Marlows son? In that case I can
> see why you hate him... but you are irrelevant to
> this thread.

You are so wrong about everything. And can I ask you who are you to tell or decide who is relevant to this thread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: BBQ City ()
Date: August 08, 2013 08:58PM

I hope they fry this guy. People like that disgust me, as well as those stupid people who fall for their tricks and think these Pedos are their friends. I've known him for 17 years. Obviously you didn't know him as well as you thought. Good Riddance, you can write to him in jail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: enough ()
Date: August 08, 2013 09:21PM

i am sorry, i did not know that people that do not like him were not allowed to post here. Only the ones who think he is a great guy...the american media brought this on so blame them if he is innocent, which i doubt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Justthefacts ()
Date: August 08, 2013 09:30PM

enough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what the hell is going on with his name? He
> used to be Marlow mokassa talley... Why the need
> to change his official name??


You know everything about him so you should already know the answer to such a simple question. Guess you don't know him after all huh? All you know is hate for a person that was in and out of your life for such a brief moment in time. And it has left you bitter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12345678AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 8


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******   **    **  ********  ********   **     ** 
 **     **  **   **   **        **     **  ***   *** 
 **     **  **  **    **        **     **  **** **** 
  ********  *****     ******    ********   ** *** ** 
        **  **  **    **        **         **     ** 
 **     **  **   **   **        **         **     ** 
  *******   **    **  ********  **         **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.