HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: September 21, 2007 08:54AM

Concur. It's disappointing that the innocent parties have to PAY for a lawyer. You are the victims of possible fraud by this alleged unscrupulous woman. Perhaps there's a "victims' fund?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: former navy mom 1994-2005 ()
Date: September 21, 2007 08:55AM

navy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why don't we just focus on the criminal who stole
> the money from us? why are some of you trying to
> blame the other pta volunteers? some of you
> former and current moms are stating that you've
> been very active at navy and also members of the
> pta. why didn't you know? why didn't you speak
> up? why the big focus on cya and the high school?
> what do you want people to say? the entire
> community has been conned by litsa. the police
> arrested litsa and no one else. doesn't that make
> it clear on who is responsible. 20-20 hindsite is
> a wonderful thing. cheers

why didn't we know?

we weren't officers of the PTA

we weren't the treasurer

we weren't responsible for keeping track of the money

we weren't the principal

I was a volunteer, doing the grunt work, I wasn't in charge I wasn't responsible for funds.I wasn't walking around telling the volunteers what to do... I wasn't collecting the funds and depositing them, and deciding what to do with the funds.

But the women who were Officers of the PTA and the principal were.

I am not blaming anyone or pointing fingers, I want everyone who was involved to be held accountable

these are questions that need to be answered so this never happens again. I have a right to ask these questions and to have them answered.

worse case senario... others were involved

Best case senario.. they were negligent.

It is not clear that Litsa was alone in all this.

why the focus on CYA and the Chanttilly Boosters?

because they were robbed also and they are silent.

we'll never know how much she stole from them because she stole cash.

But what safeguards have they put in place to make sure this doesn't happen again?

why are you so defensive?

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: September 21, 2007 09:34AM

Just a reminder of a past post:

Posted by: Tammy Goldstein (IP Logged)
Date: August 30, 2007 02:07PM

I know because she was my boss at the Trade Association in Washington. She was there from 1988-1992ish. She was the Manager of Meetings and Expositions and Membership. It was a very job, she had quite a bit of clout. Example of what she did... We would have a meeting of 500 people at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC...as the Manager of Meetings she would go to the hotel and ask for $1000 for tip money or whaever.... As the contact she would never be questioned by the hotel and as the person in our organization who had complete control over the bill she would bury it somewhere never to be found by auditors...internal finance dept...

Posted by: truth seeker ()
Date: September 21, 2007 11:01AM

To Navy Mom,

I would have been at the meeting however, as I did not learn about this criminal act until after the meeting (which as I mentioned I did not know about) I don't regularly surf the web for this type of information. My time is spent at work and caring for my children and did I mention working a second job so I can provide for them in a legal way. I am not embarrassed by the fact that I have to work two jobs to make ends meet, it sure beats stealing. I apoligize if I hit a nerve by exposing the parties she held for her children. Yes the children are innocent to her wrong doings but my children didn't get to host a multi thousand dollar tea party at the Hyatt or have a birthday party with a DJ at Century Oaks for about 100 of the "popular" kids. But that is OK my children are being brought up to understand the importance of a hard days work and the value of a dollar. And before you even think about it... no I am not jealous or envious of the groups that attended these affairs (nor are my kids). One other thing about this, I did volunteer at Navy for some events and I always had to take a vacation day but it was well worth it for me and my children. I will always remember those days for what they were and not what they are being talked about now.

To all, asking if an attorney will step forward from the Navy community, you will be hard pressed number one to get one "pro bono" and two they will not tell you this, but this type of case will not be good for thier business. There are many familes split on this and either way they go, to "volunteer" for this case will lose them 50% of any future business from either Navy/CYA/Chantilly. If you are sincer about legal council you need to pay a retainer and get a quality lawyer without ties to the community.

Date: September 21, 2007 11:15AM

So it looks like Litsa stole the money to buy some friends. What a looser.

As for the attorney I disagree about it being bad PR, I for one would certainly throw some business to the attorney. As for the other 50%(probably more like 20%) that support Litsa, the attorney probably wouldn't want them any way since they probably wouldn't pay.

And yes, I do think Litsa will play the fat, noboby likes me, have pitty on me, card. I'm so sick of hearing that excuse!

Posted by: Agreed? ()
Date: September 21, 2007 11:57AM

DEAR NAVY MOM 1994-2005,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COHERENT RESPONSE TO THE INCOHERENT EMAIL BELOW, (PART OF YOUR RESPONSE TO WHICH IS ALSO INCLUDED HEREIN). I BELIEVE THAT MOST RATIONAL PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND HOW OUR GOV'T WORKS, HOW PRIVATE INDUSTRY WORKS, AND HOW ORGANIZATIONS LIKE PTA'S ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK, AGREE WITH YOU. THOSE OF US WHO VOLUNTEERED AT NAVY ON A REGULAR BASIS DIDN'T KNOW, DIDN'T SPEAK UP, ETC., BECAUSE WE WEREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING TRACK OF THE MONEY, ETC. WE WEREN'T INVOLVED IN ANY OF THAT ENOUGH TO EVEN IDENTIFY INCONSISTENCIES, ETC. WE WEREN'T PART OF THE ELECTED BOARD WHO, IN FACT, HAD THAT RESPONSIBILITY.

INITIAL EMAIL:

> why don't we just focus on the criminal who stole
> the money from us? why are some of you trying to
> blame the other pta volunteers? some of you
> former and current moms are stating that you've
> been very active at navy and also members of the
> pta. why didn't you know? why didn't you speak
> up? why the big focus on cya and the high school?
> what do you want people to say? the entire
> community has been conned by litsa. the police
> arrested litsa and no one else. doesn't that make
> it clear on who is responsible. 20-20 hindsite is
> a wonderful thing. cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESPONSE:

why didn't we know?

we weren't officers of the PTA

we weren't the treasurer

we weren't responsible for keeping track of the money

we weren't the principal

I was a volunteer, doing the grunt work, I wasn't in charge I wasn't responsible for funds.I wasn't walking around telling the volunteers what to do... I wasn't collecting the funds and depositing them, and deciding what to do with the funds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR WRITING ON BEHALF OF ALL THE VOLUNTEERS AT NAVY. AND THANK YOU FOR ADDRESSING THE ISSUE OF THE CHANTILLY BOOSTER CLUB'S SILENCE.

ON A SEPARATE NOTE, PEOPLE DISAGREE ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS AT THIS POINT...BUT WHATEVER HAPPENS, OR WHATEVER DIFFERENT PEOPLE BELIEVE SHOULD HAPPEN, IN ORDER FOR NAVY TO MOVE ON, CAN WE AGREE ABOUT THE PROBLEM WITH THE FOLLOWING?:

SECTION OF NAVY NEWSLETTER DATED SEPTEMBER 14, 2007 FROM THE CURRENT PTO PRESIDENT IN HER LETTER TO PARENTS:

"...We'll share our entire budget at our Back to School night as well as our new Financial Policies and Procedures which will safeguard your donations."

CAN WE ALL AGREE THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT?

I'M NOT WRITING ABOUT THE LEGAL ISSUES WITH LITSA, HERE, ALTHOUGH I CERTAINLY HAVE MY OPINIONS, LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE...BUT NAVY WILL NEVER GET BACK TO WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE, FOR THE SAKE OF OUR KIDS, UNLESS THE CURRENT BOARD AND ITS PRESIDENT ACT APPROPRIATELY, IN ALL RESPECTS.

Posted by: Navy ()
Date: September 21, 2007 01:51PM

"""To all, asking if an attorney will step forward from the Navy community, you will be hard pressed number one to get one "pro bono" and two they will not tell you this, but this type of case will not be good for thier business. There are many familes split on this and either way they go, to "volunteer" for this case will lose them 50% of any future business from either Navy/CYA/Chantilly. If you are sincer about legal council you need to pay a retainer and get a quality lawyer without ties to the community."""""

So your telling me an attorney is afraid of what people will think of them? Community Pressure? Future business? This case would be better ADVERTISMENT THAN a gigantic blinking sign on 66. FREE PUB!!! So every attorney has to like his client and believe their innocent too? Strawberry Short Cake's Attorney. Attorney's respresent sweet/good/bad/ugly/evil. Your idea of an attorney had better look for a new occupation.

Posted by: Navy MoM ()
Date: September 21, 2007 02:12PM

Who is Michael H. Cantrell? From the Navy Community? Seems he does not have a problem representing someone from Navy? Litsa might have used him in a former court appearances. Probably a standing retainer with Navy Money!!!!!

Posted by: § ()
Date: September 21, 2007 02:49PM

Ok. This discussion is getting out of hand. It's counter-productive and simply wheel-spinning at this point. Ethically, I cannot represent you even if you paid me, nor can I solicit advice specifically on this matter. I can guide you, however, on where to look for assistance. One avenue you may wish to try is to contact the VA Bar Association to see if they will provide you with the name of a firm or sole practitioner who is looking for pro bono work. You may need to ask them for multiple names in case this matter does not qualify. Different firms have different criteria for how they accept pro bono matters. Given the fact that a PTO operates as a non-profit organization, regardless if you have the tax exempt status or not, you should qualify for some sort of legal assistance for firms who prefer to provide help to organizations who are involved in charity involving children. Also check the America Bar Association. I'm certain that their website has links to pro bono assistance; if for some reason they do not, then call them. If these routes fail, then I would assume that the PTO is a member of a national organization that consults on the operations and administration of PTO's across the country. A quick Google search yielded a couple; PTA (pta.org) and PTO Today. If Navy PTO is a member, then see if they will help fund counsel or at least use their media to disseminate your request for help. They may even have you speak, free of charge, to their counsel on retainer. Yet another route would be to ask professional teacher organizations using the same rationale as above. I'm certain teachers belong to state funded and for-profit associations of which they pay dues. Have one of the involved teachers see if legal assistance is a benefit of membership.

That's my $0.02. Good luck. -§

Posted by: whore ()
Date: September 21, 2007 03:22PM

i dont think everyone is being fair
she lives in a small apartment
with her husband and two kids
and had no other way to pay for everything
just think of it as borrowing from the school
so she didnt have to live on the streets

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 21, 2007 03:54PM

whore Wrote:
> i dont think everyone is being fair
> she lives in a small apartment
> with her husband and two kids
> and had no other way to pay for everything
> just think of it as borrowing from the school
> so she didnt have to live on the streets

Oops my bad, perfectly ok for her to steal the money then. LOL!

Stop smoking the crack!

Date: September 21, 2007 03:57PM

To the last "Navy" Post:(151pm),

I was just stating facts, for at least two weeks now the Navy community has been begging on this blog for a free attorney. By the requests that are still coming in and lack of an "Official" announcement from either the Navy PTO or FC School System it does not appear that a "volunteer has been had. How about we take five grand from the PTO fund for the retainer fee for a good attorney, you know Litsa probably did the same thing.

Posted by: Restitute ()
Date: September 21, 2007 04:01PM

What do you need an attorney for? Talk to the Commonwealth's attorney. See how the trial/plea plays out. Demand restitution, the commonwealth's atty works for the taxpayer, plus there is an election coming up.

Date: September 21, 2007 04:11PM

Thank you "$.02" for the attorney information. We appreciate the assistance. Embezzlement does not come up everyday. This is our first and last experience.
Navy

Posted by: $$$$$$$ ()
Date: September 21, 2007 04:19PM

ahhhhh.... the $ .02 Litsa didn't get :)!!

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: September 21, 2007 04:33PM

Lawyers are abominable and reprehensible over matters such as this situation. I guess the monetary gain is not worth the fight (no 30 pieces of silver--just 30 percent). What happened to the pro bono lawyers? Interesting how quickly the Jena 5, or whatever they are called; the seven VT parents planning to sue the university;and all the others who so quickly are served by lawyers...the little people with a real and sincere grievance take it in the ear. I hope that some of the voyeur lawyers/staff respond.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 21, 2007 05:09PM

Holy damn five pages of the Navy PTO trying to figure out what to do.

Its very simple.

GET A LAWYER.

Posted by: Embarassed ()
Date: September 21, 2007 05:22PM

To Fairfax citizen, JENA 6 and the VT parents have REAL concerns and really do need lawyers. The state of VA will take care of the Navy PTO matter, it would be wise of you to not compare situations with this one. There really is no sympathy in the community for residents that go to Navy. If she is guilty, the judicail system that you have so much faith in will render the proper sentence. But all of you need to quit crying about this, let her go to trial face the music and deal with the outcome. I can honestly say that I am embarrassed by my so called neighbors and how they have responded to this. The calls for hurting the children, dragging the husband into it etc... it is deplorable. Her weight and ethnic background should have no bearing on this case, and her kids had nothing to do with it. We all agree if she is guilty she should pay the maximum price, but lets let the auithorities determine that. This pre judging will only hurt the case, you can bet her attorneys will use this board as part of their defense, "how can she get a fair trial when evryone has already made up their mind".

And please quit asking for CYA and the boosters to step forward, she hasn't been accused of stealing from them, and the word of a former so called employee has zero credibility. Basically I am saying we as ADULTS need to do something much more constructive with our time, and put the pressure on the prosucuters, this board has become counter productive and is actually making people sympathetic towards her.

Keep the hate and venom confined to your own glass houses.

Signed Embarrassed Navy Parent.

Posted by: Navy MoM ()
Date: September 21, 2007 06:10PM

Embarassed Wrote:
>
> And please quit asking for CYA and the boosters to
> step forward, she hasn't been accused of stealing
> from them, and the word of a former so called
> employee has zero credibility. Basically I am
> saying we as ADULTS need to do something much more
> constructive with our time, and put the pressure
> on the prosucuters, this board has become counter
> productive and is actually making people
> sympathetic towards her.
>
>
> Signed Embarrassed Navy Parent.

Why not call out CYA/Chantilly Boosters? The seem to be fading into the wood work. How do YOU know she did not embezzle from them? She was not an employee but VOLUNTEER for 5+ years AND we are not asking for rumors BUT paper work, cancelled checks, solid information. She worked with more than CASH. Maybe CYA & Chantilly is just as careless with their donations/FUNDS and just figure it out. OR questionable spending? Bid Awards? Conflict of Interest? Am I getting warm!

SYMPATHETIC? Yeah right. Poor little Litsa embezzled all that money and now people are picking on the innocent victim. HAAAAH!

Posted by: THE TRUTH! ()
Date: September 21, 2007 07:37PM

"Former so called employee" CONFIRMED - the TRUTH, she DID it before, Navy was no. 2 embezzlement. Do some research before you open your mouth.

Date: September 21, 2007 08:00PM

Dear Embarrassed Navy Parent,

I absolutely concur that all phatic communication must stop and desist. I further agree that we all must be patient to await the district attorney's investigation and decision.

I am agast about previous allegations of this woman's wrong doing and assertions that she may have used the purloined monies to pay for her lawyer, kids' parties, and other "noblesse oblige."

Thank you for your homily about throwing rocks at fragile houses--or something like that...God forbid that we embarrass the ignorant husband and especially the joyful children at the parties. Let's abide and see what the papers report.

"Fraud and prevarication are servile vices. They sometimes grow out
of the necessities, always out of the habits, of slavish and degenerate
spirits.... It is an erect countenance, it is a firm adherence to principle,
it is a power of resisting false shame and frivolous fear, that assert our
good faith and honor, and assure to us the confidence of mankind."
-Edmund Burke

Date: September 21, 2007 08:36PM

Fairfax Citizen,

You my friend are no Edmund Burke, nor should this thief be associated with such a profound thought. I do believe in our judicial system however we all know it does have its faults and a good lawyer will make use of these faults.

As far as saying that the previous dismissal for embezzlement is not useful you are wrong there.

Anyone remeber how good those $8.00 box lunches were a the end of year party, I bet they only cost 5 dollars. The hundred dollar flowers for princpal Hand that looked like they came from giant!

CYA you should speak up before the official inquiries start coming and this may be before you can get your books untangled. How about you charger fans you are all very quiet about this. I didn't see Litsa at the game last night against Westfields... no free tickets

Date: September 21, 2007 08:59PM

truth seeker,

You're either some kid from a disadvantaged school or an adult with limited English skills confused by several dissimilar posts. I have no friends like that and I'm pleased that you appreciate Mr. Burke's "profound thought." I may have erred to think that it fit the alleged, egregious situation in this thread--my apologies, if that is True. And, yes, lawyers are our friends. Somehow throwing stones at glass houses didn't seem right, either. And, now, truth seeker, you throw free Charger fans' tickets into the melee? Keep stirring the pot. Good luck Diogenes.

Posted by: bulldog ()
Date: September 21, 2007 09:22PM

I think he meant "discounted" booster passes not free tickets!

Posted by: To Truth Seeker and Agreed ()
Date: September 21, 2007 09:26PM

Dear Truth Seeker,

You are not alone, friend. It is very unfortunate that a few Navy citizens writing on this forum seem hesitant to allow any other questions to be asked. They seem very defensive at anyone questioning the situation further and seeking other ideas that might be appropriate under the circumstances. This is surprising, because no real details have been shared about what happened, how it happened, and what the options may be for us as a community other than rumor or the short paragraph we were able to read in the paper. Perhaps they are aware of additional inconsistencies that would bring other individuals into the light and they are trying to prevent that. (This can be the only rational conclusion I can think of.) Perhaps those people will be asked to testify on October 30?

I find it very suspicious that these folks just want to let it rest with Litsa being tried and convicted. That's all they want, nothing more....not even to collect. It seems as if they are afraid if any "other" questions are asked (other than what "they" want asked) that additional unsavory information might come out. It makes one even more suspicious as to why there is so much road-blocking to finding the "whole" truth and proceeding accordingly.

Dear Agreed,

I am in agreement with you. NOTHING about the "new Financial Policies and Procedures which will safeguard your donations" was discussed at Back to School Night !! I was very surprised that it was not discussed or at least "touched upon."

I thought someone said the minutes of the last PTO meeting would be published on the "new site." But I don't see anything yet.

Perhaps those of us, who were not notified of the September 5 meeting in time to attend, will be afforded the same opportunity to ask questions at the next meeting. I hope so.

Date: September 21, 2007 09:48PM

Thanks for the support, I believe that the FCPD will do a complete and thorough investigation into this In the coming weeks I beleive subpeonas and warrants will be served on other individuals ( let me clarify, I don't mean a arrest warrants). There are going to be some shocked people that will be served, if she (and her lawyer) believe she is going down she is going to try and drag others through this. This will (she hopes) enable her to plea, however we as a community need to stand tall and strong. Do what is right for our children and to teach them right from wrong.

Dophins stay strong and continue to voice your concerns, thought, questions and civil comments here. Remeber it WAS Litsa not her children and that is important. Those kids have and deserve a future.

Posted by: Embarrassed ()
Date: September 21, 2007 10:15PM

To The Truth! unless you have the "confirmed" documents in your hand, it is hearsay.

If all her volunteer work at CYA and CHS boosters revolved around cash, there is no way to prove she stole anything. LET IT GO!!!! At this point only GOD and the legal system can judge her. Let them do their job.

Date: September 22, 2007 01:11AM

The fallout from Mrs. Mattfeld's actions continues to outrage the entire community. It is time to harness that energy and collectively put it toward seeking justice through the courts.

To that end, a letter/petition has begun circulation in the Navy community and throughout the surrounding area. Volunteers will be canvasing affected neighborhoods and local events providing people opportunities to participate in this effort. Everyone is welcome to read and sign the letter thereby adding your voice to the collective community seeking justice for Mrs. Mattfeld in the Courts.

Anyone needing further information can contact NavyCommunityVoices@yahoo.com

Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: September 22, 2007 04:57AM

I noted a team of premier lawyers on line at http://www.gglawva.com/

GOLDEN & GOLDEN, P.C.
ATTORNEYS AND COUNSELLORS AT LAW
10627 Jones Street, Suite 101B
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
(703) 691-0117

The lawyers' curriculum vitae and bona fides are impressive.

It may be presumptuous of me to nominate this firm. At least, it may be worth a call by one of the Navy school concerned parents.

Posted by: THE TRUTH!! ()
Date: September 22, 2007 08:15AM

Embarrassed Wrote:
> To The Truth! unless you have the "confirmed"
> documents in your hand, it is hearsay.
>
> If all her volunteer work at CYA and CHS boosters
> revolved around cash, there is no way to prove she
> stole anything. LET IT GO!!!! At this point only
> GOD and the legal system can judge her. Let them
> do their job.

Glad you can READ documents. The skill will come in handing in the near future. Black and White.

Posted by: Navy Community Voices - Thank You ()
Date: September 22, 2007 07:25PM

The fallout from Mrs. Mattfeld's actions continues to outrage the entire community. It is time to harness that energy and collectively put it toward seeking justice through the courts.

To that end, a letter/petition has begun circulation in the Navy community and throughout the surrounding area. Volunteers will be canvasing affected neighborhoods and local events providing people opportunities to participate in this effort. Everyone is welcome to read and sign the letter thereby adding your voice to the collective community seeking justice for Mrs. Mattfeld in the Courts.

Anyone needing further information can contact NavyCommunityVoices@yahoo.com

THANK YOU !!!!

Posted by: WHPayne ()
Date: September 22, 2007 09:11PM

Is Navy a private school or public school?

Posted by: WHPayne ()
Date: September 22, 2007 09:36PM

Hello all:

I know Litsa from the days when she was last employed and embezzled money from the DC trade association. I just want to say that there is paperwork on this and the police have contacted several of her former bosses/coworkers from her old employer. I've been impressed with the Fairfax police detectives in actually finding some people that are in our old circle that worked together. So feel good that work is being done to build a case.

Although she was never charged in a court of law it does go to show her character. There are many credible people that are happy to collaborate this information. This is big news among a bunch of us that worked with her way back when this happened.

I can certainly understand your outrage and believe me you aren't alone. My hope is that Litsa will be found guilty and at least she will have a criminal record now making it very difficult for her to find employment.

Regarding Navy's need for a lawyer - a school certainly can't operate without having its own lawyer - I'm certain that your school or the school board that oversees you has an attorney. Nobody can operate without an attorney these days!!! Ask your principal about that!!!

Try not to get too heated over the stupid people on this message board. I'm pretty certain that some of these posts are from Litsa herself. The Litsa I knew would never have been able to resist messing with people in this forum. She is the ultimate bully and has a brillant criminal mind.

Good luck!

Posted by: Concerned Parent andCitizen ()
Date: September 22, 2007 09:44PM

Litsa Mattfeld should serve time and pay back the money she stole. She stole from kids. Who get's much lower. But we are afraid the the system will allow her to plea bargain to some lesser crime that lets her off the hook. She stole from the PTA, she stole from an employer, though never charged. She stole from CHantilly High School but they can't come forward because there is no paper trail. The reason she is suspected here is that attendence at football games has increased but not the receipts. She should pay for her crimes.

But the Navy PTO needs to step up and tell their membership what they have done to make sure this does not happen in the future, why was it able to happen in the first place and what bills have not been paid. So far they have shared no information. Step up and talk. Clear the air. Don't hide.

Date: September 22, 2007 10:35PM

Does anyone know if Litsa has been officially removed of her duties at chantilly and cya? If she has been removed is this permanent or just until she is proven guilty and then they will open thier books for an audit.

It is only a matter of time before a FOIA is requested by a long standing member of the community with ties to both organizations. Let's get moving on this folkes!!

Posted by: To WHPayne ()
Date: September 22, 2007 10:49PM

Navy Elementary is a public school, near Fair Oaks Hospital in Fairfax, VA. Litsa was heavily involved with the PTA. She is also involved with our local childrens sports organization, Chantilly Youth Association, and the booster group at Chantilly High School.

Given her relationship with the previous "association" she obviously targets groups that rely on donations etc, hoping that she won't get prosecuted because of negative PR if found out. This time, she happened to prey on groups that support children. It is unfortunate that has taken stealing from children and their school to make sure she gets what she truly deserves this time.

Don't worry....there are plenty of families in this community that will be in court and who have contacted the DA. She will get what she deserves....and then some.

Please thank your previous co-workers for sharing whatever information they can with the Police AND the DA's office.

Posted by: Question ()
Date: September 22, 2007 10:55PM

Has anyone seen the petition from the Navy Community Voices mentioned above?

Is this being managed "outside" of the PTO?

Posted by: Navy Community Voices ()
Date: September 22, 2007 11:46PM

The letter/petition is being circulated by volunteers in the broader Navy Community. It is being well received and is rapidly gaining signatures of support.

The Navy PTO and school officials are aware of and supportive of this effort. Anyone wanting to help with walking the letter/petition around their neighborhood, please contact Navycommunityvoices@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Posted by: TRUTH ()
Date: September 23, 2007 09:54AM

What about Navy Elementary's principle? Litsa had to take money that was intended for the school? Fairfax County Public Schools should have a stake in this also. Attorney to represent.

Posted by: former navy mom 1994-2005 ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:20AM

Embarassed Wrote:
> To Fairfax citizen, JENA 6 and the VT parents have
> REAL concerns and really do need lawyers. The
> state of VA will take care of the Navy PTO matter,
> it would be wise of you to not compare situations
> with this one. There really is no sympathy in the
> community for residents that go to Navy. If she is
> guilty, the judicail system that you have so much
> faith in will render the proper sentence. But all
> of you need to quit crying about this, let her go
> to trial face the music and deal with the outcome.
> I can honestly say that I am embarrassed by my so
> called neighbors and how they have responded to
> this. The calls for hurting the children, dragging
> the husband into it etc... it is deplorable. Her
> weight and ethnic background should have no
> bearing on this case, and her kids had nothing to
> do with it. We all agree if she is guilty she
> should pay the maximum price, but lets let the
> auithorities determine that. This pre judging will
> only hurt the case, you can bet her attorneys will
> use this board as part of their defense, "how can
> she get a fair trial when evryone has already made
> up their mind".
>
> And please quit asking for CYA and the boosters to
> step forward, she hasn't been accused of stealing
> from them, and the word of a former so called
> employee has zero credibility. Basically I am
> saying we as ADULTS need to do something much more
> constructive with our time, and put the pressure
> on the prosucuters, this board has become counter
> productive and is actually making people
> sympathetic towards her.
>
> Keep the hate and venom confined to your own glass
> houses.
>
> Signed Embarrassed Navy Parent.

you should be embarrassed .

embarrassed by your arrogance, ignorance and lack of outrage!

she has done this before, she made the checks out to her husband. do you mean to tell us that he had no idea what she was up to?

as far as her children, litsa has damaged them and hurt them more than anyone here could ever do.

if she cared about her children more than herself, she never would have taken money from her childrens school, teachers and friends.

Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:26AM

Clearly, Navy Elementary's principles should be reviewed. Principles may be compared to standards of learning. Guidelines to stay the moral course; to do what is right; to succeed.

As far as the principal, who makes over $100,000 a year, perhaps this person has been advised to remain silent, until after the investigations are completed. Then we will see to what principles, this principal subscribes.

Date: September 23, 2007 10:42AM

Subpeona the entire PTO/PTA board members for the last six years, get a list of all volunteers and start interviewing all of these people as potential witnesses for the prosecution. Get receipts from all the caterering firms she used, entertainment at the picnics, flower shops, school supplies, navy Office petty cash box(?), etc...

Find out who worked the cash box with her at the Charger games, who counted the money with her at these games? If you had a position at at anyone of these functions with her NOW is the time for you to step up and contact the FCPD.

JUST DO IT!!!

Posted by: To Truth Seeker - Question ()
Date: September 23, 2007 11:26AM

In an earlier post you commented about a party or parties at Century Oak with a DJ. Litsa does NOT live in Century Oak. How would she have been able to use our club house? I live in the neighborhood, have kids at Navy....."we" were NOT invited and knew nothing about it. When did this occur, for what purpose was the party(s), and do you know who paid for it? Just curious. Thanks.

Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: September 23, 2007 02:24PM

To Truth Seeker - Question Wrote:
> In an earlier post you commented about a party or
> parties at Century Oak with a DJ. Litsa does NOT
> live in Century Oak. How would she have been able
> to use our club house? I live in the
> neighborhood, have kids at Navy....."we" were NOT
> invited and knew nothing about it. When did this
> occur, for what purpose was the party(s), and do
> you know who paid for it? Just curious. Thanks.

People who do not live in Century Oak can rent the clubhouse for private parties.

Posted by: Party ()
Date: September 23, 2007 04:24PM

former navy mom Wrote:
> People who do not live in Century Oak can rent the
> clubhouse for private parties.

Do you know if Litsa rented the clubhouse and for what purpose? Was it a Navy event?

Posted by: navyite ()
Date: September 23, 2007 04:40PM

Itwas for a joint birthday party, yes you can rent the club house, and I guess you didn't make the cut for the popular list either. Maybe some of the invited guests would like to chime in here in give more information. I have more facts but lets give someone else a chance to voice.

As was mentioned it was a bithday party for her child, NOT a navy event but neither was the "tea at Tysons"

Date: September 23, 2007 06:30PM

It's petty to get into what parties she had for her kids and who was invited.

"popular Kids" ???? PLEEEASSSEEEEE

aren't we beyond that nonsense?

I never imangined that at my age, people would still be playing that game.

I don't really care what she spent the money on.... we'll never know .

for all we know that money is now in a overseas account.

unfortunatly, even if the DA finds she has overseas accounts there is no way Navy can get the money back.

sigh........

I guess all we can do is show up on Oct 30 at 2:00 and show the judge that people are outraged at what she's done. that might put enough pressure on the court NOT to let her plea to a lesser charge.

as far as that silly notion of finding a pro bono lawyer. please forget it.

no lawyer is going to take that case and the county and school board are not going to file a civil suit against her.

Posted by: Pissed ()
Date: September 23, 2007 07:42PM

To Former Navy Mom:

Why are you so sure that Navy cannot and will not be able to get "any" money back. Where did you get your information?

How do you know what money or property she may come into in the future. If the checks were deposited into her husband's account, he is an accomplice. Both of them can be sued in civil court. If nothing else, "his" wages can be garnished...since her fat ass can't seem to get a real job involving real work.

Stop being a nay-sayer. Litsa is hoping comments like the one you are making, will enable her to get away with this YET AGAIN.

She should pay this money back if it takes her the rest of her life. I don't care if it is $1 at a time. Remember this is a pattern....she will do it again, if she can. Stop enabling her to screw other innocent folks by not "attempting" to collect, at least.

What is with you people?

Posted by: Party??? ()
Date: September 23, 2007 07:54PM

navyite Wrote:
> Itwas for a joint birthday party, yes you can rent
> the club house, and I guess you didn't make the
> cut for the popular list either. Maybe some of
> the invited guests would like to chime in here in
> give more information. I have more facts but lets
> give someone else a chance to voice.
>
> As was mentioned it was a bithday party for her
> child, NOT a navy event but neither was the "tea
> at Tysons"

WE MUST NOT BE IN THE CLIQUE EITHER. PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR OTHERS TO SHARE INFORMATION, THEY PROBABLY WON'T. PLEASE GO AHEAD AND SHARE THE FACTS YOU HAVE. I'M CURIOUS TO KNOW IF THE CHECK WAS WRITTEN FROM THE NAVY PTA ACCOUNT? OR PERHAPS TRANSFERRED TO HER "HUSBAND'S" ACCOUNT FIRST.

Posted by: Look Inside ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:49PM

Many of you are cruel individuals, and very immature as well. I would love to know how many of you are overweight yourselves and more importantly how many of you are God fearing Republicans who support the Bush administration! $180K is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of dollars of you poor PTA parents’ money wasted by Bush and his cronies! How many of you have been involved in the large scale fleecing of America by the current Republican administration? How many HALLIBURTON employees? Speaking of stealing taxpayers money! How many government employees in this stone-throwing group who take 3 hour lunches, leave early and come in late, and have that typical government employee entitlement mentality? How many holier then thou, church going, Christians who are nothing but hypocrites and hateful deep down? Look inside if you want to see the real ugliness people!

Date: September 23, 2007 11:01PM

I can't think of a much crueler behavior than stealing from kids which is what Litsa does.

Posted by: Look Inside Yourself ()
Date: September 23, 2007 11:04PM

No matter what you say....you can't justify what YOU did. It won't work.

Posted by: look inside ()
Date: September 23, 2007 11:10PM

All I have done is stated my opinion after reading all of these postings (yourself). If you think I am Litsa, you are sorely mistaken. I just am amazed at the juvenile postings of some of you.

Posted by: TRUTH ()
Date: September 23, 2007 11:29PM

You should also know that there are MANY who have posted on this site who are:

1. Not Cruel or immature
2. Not over-weight
3. Not Republicans and did not vote for Bush
5. Not Halliburton or Government Employees who take advantage
6. Not Holier than thou or even Christian for that matter
7, Not Hypicrites or hateful

You should also note that "we" DID NOT embezzle (for the second time) $180,000 from children, their teachers, and their school. "We" will, however, see that justice is served.

Posted by: Truth ()
Date: September 24, 2007 06:41AM

I have to agree with WHPayne. Just reading some of the postings, it is Litsa. She is motivating people to write. More twisted Litsa. Pitiful. Reduced to a blog.

Date: September 24, 2007 07:06AM

Dear Pissed,

Common sense, experience and maturity tells me that the school will not file a civil suit.

your wanting her to write a $1.00 check to the school for the rest of her life tells me that you are not living in the real world and are out ffor petty revenge, NOT justice.

The money is gone. Try facing that fact.

It will be enough for me if she goes to prision for 5-10 years with a felony conviction.

She will carry that felony for the rest of her life.

will she do this again? Probably.

Not much you or I can do about that

I'm sorry if my "naysaying" has rained on your parade of petty, childish revenge.

Posted by: Truth ()
Date: September 24, 2007 07:21AM

former navy mom = Litsa It is a sunny day! Might be raining on Collis Oak Court.

Date: September 24, 2007 07:26AM

Look Inside Wrote:
> Many of you are cruel individuals, and very
> immature as well. I would love to know how many of
> you are overweight yourselves and more importantly
> how many of you are God fearing Republicans who
> support the Bush administration! $180K is a drop
> in the bucket compared to the billions of dollars
> of you poor PTA parents’ money wasted by Bush and
> his cronies! How many of you have been involved in
> the large scale fleecing of America by the current
> Republican administration? How many HALLIBURTON
> employees? Speaking of stealing taxpayers money!
> How many government employees in this
> stone-throwing group who take 3 hour lunches,
> leave early and come in late, and have that
> typical government employee entitlement mentality?
> How many holier then thou, church going,
> Christians who are nothing but hypocrites and
> hateful deep down? Look inside if you want to see
> the real ugliness people!

you must be litsa.

tell me litsa, how do you look your children in the eye?

what will happen to them if both you and your husband fo to jail?

you're a Sociopath

here is the profile of a Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

YOU stole over 180,000 from friends and neighbors.

Let's just hope I never run into you on the street, I am not afraid to confront you like the other women around here... I'm not a very good "christian"

Maybe being confined to a jail cell for 5-10 years will help you find your moral compass

I intend to do everything in my power to make sure you go to jail.

Posted by: Embarrassed ()
Date: September 24, 2007 08:15AM

To: former navy mom 1994-2005, as I mentioned before, this board is board is counter productive, all the "facts" that you guys talk about, checks written to her husband, overseas accounts etc... doesn't it seem like you are all reaching. Upset about your kids not getting invited to the "party" it is SO SAD.

The individual talking about the Bush administration, that is pure lunacy!!!!

You all have reached new lows in your life, this incident has apparently consumed you, being 'outraged" will not recover the money, trying to find out how she paid for a party that your kids weren't invited too, come on, accusing her husband of being involved, where's the proof?

At this point all we know is wht has been reported in the news, everything else is speculation ans will not hold up in court. Again I am embarrassed to call you people my neighbors, do yourselves a favor, tend yo your own homes, and make sure your spouses aren't embezzling and hiding money overseas. Sounds kinda ridiculous huh? Almost as ridiculous as wondering why you weren't invited to the "popular kids" party.

Ignorance is bliss, thank you for noticing former navy mom 1994-2005.

Signed:

Even more Embarrassed!!!!

Date: September 24, 2007 09:19AM

Is this the new Litsa strategy? LOL Her new spin? Try blaming somebody else, the parents of Navy and say it's their fault, that they should be embarrassed and forget about it?

Give me a break. There's only one person who should be embarrassed here and that's Litsa!

She's the person who stole $180,000 from the kids of Navy. She's the one who should be embarrassed!

And yes, she certainly be sued and have to pay back every penny. The money is not gone, Litsa is responsible for it and she should give it back, no matter how long it takes.

As for her not being able to get a job? I doubt she has one now.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: September 24, 2007 09:57AM

Look Inside Wrote:
> Many of you are cruel individuals, and very
> immature as well. I would love to know how many of
> you are overweight yourselves and more importantly
> how many of you are God fearing Republicans who
> support the Bush administration! $180K is a drop
> in the bucket compared to the billions of dollars
> of you poor PTA parents’ money wasted by Bush and
> his cronies! How many of you have been involved in
> the large scale fleecing of America by the current
> Republican administration? How many HALLIBURTON
> employees? Speaking of stealing taxpayers money!
> How many government employees in this
> stone-throwing group who take 3 hour lunches,
> leave early and come in late, and have that
> typical government employee entitlement mentality?
> How many holier then thou, church going,
> Christians who are nothing but hypocrites and
> hateful deep down? Look inside if you want to see
> the real ugliness people!

I have to agree that this must be written by Litsa. Who else would drag the Bush Administration and Halliburton into a discussion about someone allegedly stealing money from the coffers of a PTA in NoVA?

In any case - for whoever this is - voting for an idiot for President or taking a three-hour lunch isn't the same as COMMITTING A FELONY. Get a clue.

Posted by: dk ()
Date: September 24, 2007 10:01AM

Shouldn't GRAVIS (posts on Aug. 26 Aug. 31) be arrested for making terroristic threats ? These 2 posts are beyond, childish, insensitive and ignorant - they are criminal. I hope the Fairfax police or FBI can track down Gravis and throw him/her/it in the slammer. Gravis obviously poses a much greater threat to society than the accused subject of this blog.

Date: September 24, 2007 10:13AM

What Gravis wrote is absurd and moronic, like most of what he writes. It is hardly a terrorist threat or criminal, though.

Date: September 24, 2007 10:29AM

dk Wrote:
> Shouldn't GRAVIS (posts on Aug. 26 Aug. 31) be
> arrested for making terroristic threats ? These 2
> posts are beyond, childish, insensitive and
> ignorant - they are criminal. I hope the Fairfax
> police or FBI can track down Gravis and throw
> him/her/it in the slammer. Gravis obviously poses
> a much greater threat to society than the accused
> subject of this blog.

The answer is no.

Now who might want us to change the topic here? Litsa is that U?

Still stealing from little kids?

Date: September 24, 2007 12:39PM

Embarrassed Wrote:
> To: former navy mom 1994-2005, as I mentioned
> before, this board is board is counter productive,
> all the "facts" that you guys talk about, checks
> written to her husband, overseas accounts etc...
> doesn't it seem like you are all reaching. Upset
> about your kids not getting invited to the "party"
> it is SO SAD.
>
> The individual talking about the Bush
> administration, that is pure lunacy!!!!
>
> You all have reached new lows in your life, this
> incident has apparently consumed you, being
> 'outraged" will not recover the money, trying to
> find out how she paid for a party that your kids
> weren't invited too, come on, accusing her husband
> of being involved, where's the proof?
>
> At this point all we know is wht has been reported
> in the news, everything else is speculation ans
> will not hold up in court. Again I am embarrassed
> to call you people my neighbors, do yourselves a
> favor, tend yo your own homes, and make sure your
> spouses aren't embezzling and hiding money
> overseas. Sounds kinda ridiculous huh? Almost as
> ridiculous as wondering why you weren't invited to
> the "popular kids" party.
>
> Ignorance is bliss, thank you for noticing former
> navy mom 1994-2005.
>
> Signed:
>
> Even more Embarrassed!!!!

You shoulld be embarrassed by your ignorance. The Police told the PTO that some of the checks were written out to her husband.

If you knew anything besides how to be an arrogant judgmental twit, you would know that it's easy to hide stolen money.

Is your defintion of "productive" coming on a message board and insulting everyone on it?

or is that how you get off ?

You should be embarrassed, you're a condensending, arrogant , self important twit.

Date: September 24, 2007 12:40PM

Well I am glad to see that you all seem to be getting back on track dealing with the crime vs. making personal, immature attacks on Litsa's physical appearance. I totally agree that if she is guilty she should be held responsible, but my point is before you jump on the lynch mob wagon that some on this site have been attempting to get going, look at your own lives and little white lies and try to be a bit more humane.
You are coming across as a bunch of berserk PTA Moms and Dads at this point. I do not even live in VA, let alone your Stepford community. Thank god!

Date: September 24, 2007 12:55PM

In response to
<>

I knew you were Republicans and government employees! Voting twice for an idiot president is worse then a FELONY in my book!!! You are probably writing all of this on taxpayer's computers and time too!!
The Bush administration is raiding all of the coffers, not just your PTA piggybank!!! Wake up! Your kids are already screwed. This country is going to be reeling from the arrogance of the Bush mistakes and misdeeds for decades!! If only any of you spent as much time reacting to that as you do this, maybe we would not be in such a huge and devastating hole as we are!!

Posted by: Comments ()
Date: September 24, 2007 12:56PM

dk and others:

Hi. Do you think that you could possibly take a deep yoga-type breath and try to calm down about Gravis's earlier comments here? I was offended by his jokes about Litsa's kids, myself. But my husband, nice, caring guy that he is, wasn't. We talked about it. I hafta say that to me this may just be one of those Women are from Venus, and Men are from Mars things. Humor that people like you and I don't find the least bit funny, actually offensive, but nevertheless humor, appealing to some people and not to others.---In this case, to me, possibly splitting along gender lines to some extent. Who knows? But, anyway, if you're looking for jail time for these types of people, they're going to be sharing cells with a lot of tv comedians, on and off cable...(So before you answer this email or write something else on this blog, switch on that remote and get a pen and paper out to write letters to the appropriate authorities about what you see...) I don't care if you're Litsa or not...Either way, this type of log entry just goes off target from the subject at hand: the embezzlement. If you keep writing this stuff, fine, we'll continue to just scroll through your entry, but geez, what a bother.

To those referring to glass houses, let he who has not sinned cast the first stone..., you people are just going for money and revenge, etc.:

First of all, you're right. None of us has a perfect past. But, we, as citizens of this particular country do believe in prosecuting people such as Litsa for offeneses such as this one. It may surprise you to know that people who have no connection to Navy whatsoever---who could never be seen as seeking revenge nor be recipients of any money garnered---also believe in prosecuting this type of criminal. Why, I'd even take time to sit on a jury in a case that had nothing to do with me simply because I'd see that as my civic duty. Crazy, huh? Once again, I think this blog may be the wrong venue for you, as well.(And again, before you enter a quick-scroll-through comment, perhaps you need to act in some political meaningful way to further your particular beliefs.)

To those of you who just want everybody to sit tight, and let the justice system do its thing:

I encourage you to do some research on how many offenses like Ms. Mattfelds are plea bargained down to almost nothing. That's why our particular court system and country allows for petitions, etc., to allow citizens to have a voice about the importance they feel should be put on a particular case...It all may be kind of complicated and time-consuming for you to learn about, though...(Perhaps you and the people mentioned above could buddy up?)

To almost everybody else:

I applaud your efforts and know that much of the information on this blog has been helpful in reaching what we all know to be important: justice.

Date: September 24, 2007 12:56PM

look inside Wrote:

> You are coming across as a bunch of berserk PTA
> Moms and Dads at this point.

If someone stole $180K from you, you might be a little berserk, too.

As for Litsa's appearance, she is disgustingly fat. That is a fact. It might be cruel to say if she were a kind, giving person. However, she appears to be just as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside, so I don't have a problem pointing out how grotesque she is.

Date: September 24, 2007 12:58PM

look inside Wrote:
> In response to
> <>
>
> I knew you were Republicans and government
> employees! Voting twice for an idiot president is
> worse then a FELONY in my book!!! You are probably
> writing all of this on taxpayer's computers and
> time too!!
> The Bush administration is raiding all of the
> coffers, not just your PTA piggybank!!! Wake up!
> Your kids are already screwed. This country is
> going to be reeling from the arrogance of the Bush
> mistakes and misdeeds for decades!! If only any of
> you spent as much time reacting to that as you do
> this, maybe we would not be in such a huge and
> devastating hole as we are!!

Is it too much to ask for you to stay on topic, Litsa?

Speaking about being on government computers, that's where you will be posting these messages from should you be convicted.

Date: September 24, 2007 01:00PM

> look inside <

While it may be true that the unattractive Greek lady, allegedly gave gifts with purloined monies taken from children, the adage of "beware when Greeks come bearing gifts" may well fit this situation.

The allusion to the "Stepford Wives" eludes me. Surely the diversity of outraged parents and varying opinions negates such a stupid metaphor. And don't be so fast to judge the sincerity, concern, and contempt of the Fairfax citizens for what appears to be repeated bad behavior.

You are rather presumptuous and hypocritical in your condemnation and unfounded accusations.

We thank God that YOU do not live in the Commonwealth. Voyeurs and interlopers like you, do not belong in this forum.

Posted by: FFX Stepford Wife ()
Date: September 24, 2007 01:08PM

Stepford Wives, eh? That would explain why someone so un-Stepford Wife-like like Litsa would be entrusted with so much responsiblity. If people in Fairfax judged people solely on the way they look, Litsa never would have had access to the money in the first place.

Date: September 24, 2007 01:48PM

Enough already, I originally thought this forum was pretty good, now I am not so sure with where many of the topics are going. I do agree with many of you and actually some of the stuff that is written that I don't feel should be on here I agree with it and feel it is probably true.

You all know not everything on here is going to be one hundred percent accurate. However, it did shed the light on the previous embezzlement, the parties, the potential lifting of more cash from CYA and CHS. These are all good, this may have opened more leads for FCPD to follow. And if she does plea down maybe it will be for multiple charges instead of just the Navy charge due to the information that was brough up in this blog and all the other ones that may be out there.

Come 10/30 we will see who is hiding behind the keyboards and will also see those that REALLY want to see justice served. Does anyone know if former members of the Navy PTO/PTA have been questioned, what about volunteers? If they are and have to swear to a deposition then we will really see who is saying what as opposed to who is hiding behind their keyboards. If I were a volunteer or member I would be #1 in line at the Fair Oaks station to give any information I may have had.

This woman needs to go to jail and we as a community MUST make sure it happens. Keep the posts coming, let your voices be heard.

"In GOD we trust" all others we polygraph!

Date: September 24, 2007 02:42PM

truth seeker Wrote:
> Enough already, I originally thought this forum
> was pretty good, now I am not so sure with where
> many of the topics are going. I do agree with
> many of you and actually some of the stuff that is
> written that I don't feel should be on here I
> agree with it and feel it is probably true.
>
> You all know not everything on here is going to be
> one hundred percent accurate. However, it did
> shed the light on the previous embezzlement, the
> parties, the potential lifting of more cash from
> CYA and CHS. These are all good, this may have
> opened more leads for FCPD to follow. And if she
> does plea down maybe it will be for multiple
> charges instead of just the Navy charge due to the
> information that was brough up in this blog and
> all the other ones that may be out there.
>
> Come 10/30 we will see who is hiding behind the
> keyboards and will also see those that REALLY want
> to see justice served. Does anyone know if former
> members of the Navy PTO/PTA have been questioned,
> what about volunteers? If they are and have to
> swear to a deposition then we will really see who
> is saying what as opposed to who is hiding behind
> their keyboards. If I were a volunteer or member I
> would be #1 in line at the Fair Oaks station to
> give any information I may have had.
>
> This woman needs to go to jail and we as a
> community MUST make sure it happens. Keep the
> posts coming, let your voices be heard.
>
> "In GOD we trust" all others we polygraph!

excellent post.

I have not heard if former officers of the PTA were questioned. I'm sure the PTO was since they are now in charge of all assets ( or what's left of them)

I don't know if there are PTO officers who held PTA office last year.

anyone here know?

Posted by: Sign the Petition and Come to Court ()
Date: September 24, 2007 03:02PM

"A letter/petition has begun circulation in the Navy community and throughout the surrounding area. Volunteers will be canvasing affected neighborhoods and local events providing people opportunities to participate in this effort. Everyone is welcome to read and sign the letter thereby adding your voice to the collective community seeking justice for Mrs. Mattfeld in the Courts.

Anyone needing further information can contact NavyCommunityVoices@yahoo.com"

In addition to signing the petition, please arrange your schedules now to attend the court hearing October 30 to show your support for justice.

Those with information that my help this case, please contact the FX Co. Police Department.

You may also contact the Common Wealth Attorney's Office yourself directly:
Mr. Raymond Rorrough, Esq.
4110 Chain Bridge Road, Room 123,
Fairfax, VA 22030.

Posted by: Look Outside ()
Date: September 24, 2007 04:58PM

I agree with Look Inside, all you self-important drones should get out of your little suburb and take a peek at what is going on in what us normal people call the "real world"!! Litsa had to steal the money, do you know what therapy costs these days? Of course you do, cause you're all nuts!!! The poor fatty had to be on Prozac in order to live in the same community as you people!

Posted by: FED UP ()
Date: September 24, 2007 05:33PM

Posted by: Look Outside (IP Logged)
Date: September 24, 2007 04:58PM

"I agree with Look Inside, all you self-important drones should get out of your little suburb and take a peek at what is going on in what us normal people call the "real world"!! Litsa had to steal the money, do you know what therapy costs these days? Of course you do, cause you're all nuts!!! The poor fatty had to be on Prozac in order to live in the same community as you people!"

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CAN ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH NO TIES TO THIS SITUATION OR THE NAVY COMMUNITY PLEASE GO BE STUPID SOMEWHERE ELSE?????

Posted by: EMBARRASSED ()
Date: September 24, 2007 05:51PM

You shoulld be embarrassed by your ignorance. The Police told the PTO that some of the checks were written out to her husband.

If you knew anything besides how to be an arrogant judgmental twit, you would know that it's easy to hide stolen money.

Is your defintion of "productive" coming on a message board and insulting everyone on it?

or is that how you get off ?

You should be embarrassed, you're a condensending, arrogant , self important twit.

Miss Former Navy Mom 01-05, I am sorry that I have not reached the level of maturity that you have, your venom is amazing. Again, unless you were present at the meeting with the PTO and the police it is heresay.

Unfortunately I will not stoop to your level and resort to name calling. You must be proud of yourself, and I am so glad that you were finally able to use "twit" twice in a paragraph, kudos for you, your family must be proud.

To all of the intelligent people on here, make this board useful, blow off steam, vent, etc... but lets try and keep our eye on the prize, and that is justice for or against the accused.

Signed condensending, arrogant , self important twit. ( thanks Former Navy Mom)

Posted by: To Embarrassed ()
Date: September 24, 2007 06:00PM

Litsa,
"YOU" are and should should be....embarrassed
Gosh you have so many names on this board.....kinda like Sybil....stress must bring out your multiple personalities.

Date: September 24, 2007 06:09PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Posted by: new be ()
Date: September 24, 2007 08:28PM

Hey here is something to lighten the mood.... Bob the only way good is going to triumph over eveil is to get Manny back in the line up and have Schilling win a couple big games:) Have a good night folks, Igmust log off my computer now and and go read the Washington times while I watch Bill O'Rielly and then Sean Hannity.

Posted by: dk ()
Date: September 24, 2007 08:45PM

To the apparent wife of GRAVIS.
This is DK - I am male (thus "from Mars" like your alleged husband) and I DO NOT "get the jokes" about doing harm to children. And for the record, I generally LOVE offensive humor ! I love Kathy Griffin, for example. Your alleged husband is just a total #%$HOLE. Even though these increasingly absurd blog entries are posted anonymously, he should have enough adult wisdom and tacit knowledge by now (assuming he is over 18) to leave the kids out of it. I seriosly think you should divorce him and thus cut your losses; maybe you should assume a new identity and move to New Jersey or whatever, or put him in a cage with a raw piece of meat and some chewing tobacco.
DK

Posted by: The Truth ()
Date: September 24, 2007 09:25PM

Anyone done a little research on Litsa? She has been in court two other times and one currently pending. Can anyone guess what for and YES actual court documents, court times, court dates, convictions. Black and white. Real papers. NOT made up. Take a trip to the Fairfax County court house if you don't believe me. No Rumors. Does not include the Association embezzlement which they never pressed charges. Still probably kicking themselves for that one. I will be there on October 30th. Freedom of Information Act Baby! Use it!

Posted by: Curious ()
Date: September 24, 2007 09:30PM

Haven't had time to do "that" kind of research. Was hoping the Police might have done that, hopefully....If they haven't, please tell them.
Whatcha find out?? Do tell...

Posted by: ?? ()
Date: September 24, 2007 10:17PM

Are you talking about the "warrants in debt" for her and her husband?

Posted by: Navy Community ()
Date: September 25, 2007 06:33AM

Julie A. Jellar Anyone know anything about this person or the court case with Litsa? Please post information. Anything.

Posted by: People Finder ()
Date: September 25, 2007 07:20AM

On people finders....there is a Julia A. Morris (Grand Rapids, MI) related to a Jennifer Jeller (Age 37)

Date: September 25, 2007 08:34AM

FYI - Julie A. Jeller - NOT Jellar

Date: September 25, 2007 02:07PM

There is a scheduled PTO meeting at Navy Elementary School from 9AM-10AM next Tuesday, October 2, in the Media Center. This is a regularly scheduled meeting and is on your school calendars.

The meeting will encompass the usual agenda items. There will also be an opportunity to use your voice and sign the Navy Community letter/petition to the Commonwealth's Attorney regarding Mrs. Mattfeld's criminal case.

All Navy PTO members are invited and urged to attend.

Posted by: § ()
Date: September 25, 2007 02:20PM

I might show up to propose a motion to stop the endless drivel of this thread. Frankly, I'm tired of looking at it and it's starting to give me gas. -§

Date: September 25, 2007 02:48PM

§ Wrote:
> I might show up to propose a motion to stop the
> endless drivel of this thread. Frankly, I'm tired
> of looking at it and it's starting to give me gas.
> -§

I agree. It's time to stop beating this fat cow...I mean, horse.

Posted by: Hold ALL Accountable! ()
Date: September 25, 2007 02:52PM

I will be there to ensure that all other PTO board members serving during the period of Mrs. Mattfeld's purloinment are made to answer for their malfeasance and dereliction of fiduciary duty. They either knew or should have known what was going on under their noses. Perhaps, with all the discussion of of retaining an attorney, one issue counsel could explore is recovering from the other board members for breach of fiduciary duty.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 25, 2007 03:03PM

Man, this Litsa chick got more posts than the Amanda Wenk thread, yuk! What is this fuckin world comin' to??

§ Wrote:
> I might show up to propose a motion to stop the
> endless drivel of this thread. Frankly, I'm tired
> of looking at it and it's starting to give me gas.
> -§

Date: September 25, 2007 03:35PM

Will Tuesday's meeting provide coffee and donuts? Who will pay for this morning repast? Will Mr. and Mrs. Mattfeld be attending?

Date: September 25, 2007 03:41PM

Bob James Wrote:
1. Will Tuesday's meeting provide coffee and donuts?
Yes, but not for long.

2. Who will pay for this morning repast?
Technically, the PTA...

3, Will Mr. and Mrs. Mattfeld be attending?
See response to question 1.

Posted by: Navy Community Voices ()
Date: September 25, 2007 04:46PM

Hold ALL Accountable! Wrote:
> I will be there to ensure that all other PTO board
> members serving during the period of Mrs.
> Mattfeld's purloinment are made to answer for
> their malfeasance and dereliction of fiduciary
> duty. They either knew or should have known what
> was going on under their noses. Perhaps, with all
> the discussion of of retaining an attorney, one
> issue counsel could explore is recovering from the
> other board members for breach of fiduciary duty.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Board members are parent volunteers. Parent volunteers are just that. Parents. And volunteers.

As unfortunate as it was that there was opportunity for embezzlement, lets never forget that Litsa Matteld is the only one who actually acted (repeatedly) on that opportunity. It's hard enough to get parents to volunteer when they are over stretched and over committed as it is. Please lets not blame anybody but the person who actually advantaged herself at the expense of others. Blame the person who stole the money. Litsa Mattfeld.

Posted by: Hold ALL Accountable! ()
Date: September 25, 2007 05:04PM

I blame Mrs. Mattfeld plenty! However, those who served on the board with her need to be held accountable as well. I am sorry, but if it is too difficult for multipe Treasurers and Finacnial Secretaries to take a look at the books once in a while, they need to answer for it! Volunteer or not, a fiducuary duty entails a duty of care. That duty of care includes reasonable inquiry, as an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would use under similar circumstances. That clearly did not take place in the FIVE year period Mrs. Mattfeld stole from the PTA/PTO. If the volunteers are unwilling to examine the books, an outside accountant should be employed - it would cost less than $180,000. Volunteering for these positions entails more than simply parading around town with your head held above everyone elses; It requires responsibility. If you can't handle or are unwilling, don't take the job!

Finally, all current and future board members need to be willing to submit to financial and criminal background checks and these should be available to the PTO.

Posted by: The TRUTH from NAVY ()
Date: September 25, 2007 05:23PM

Mrs. Mattfeld was framed. Set-up by a core of individuals in the community who bizarrely perceived themselves as being "unpopular," and secretly attacked LM for being "popular." Don't let them get their way. REAL Navy parents know the real facts. If there was any substance to ANY of these allegations, this site wouldn't simply be attack after attack on her personal appearance and her children.

Date: September 25, 2007 05:37PM

The TRUTH from NAVY Wrote:
> Mrs. Mattfeld was framed. Set-up by a core of
> individuals in the community who bizarrely
> perceived themselves as being "unpopular," and
> secretly attacked LM for being "popular." Don't
> let them get their way. REAL Navy parents know the
> real facts. If there was any substance to ANY of
> these allegations, this site wouldn't simply be
> attack after attack on her personal appearance and
> her children.

Oh God, now it's the OJ defense, framed, LMAO! Yeah over the period of 2001-2006 they secretly got together, took money and deposited in Litsa husbands account, then made him spend the money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2007 05:46PM by Lurker..

Posted by: Julie A. Jeller ()
Date: September 25, 2007 06:19PM

Julie A. Jeller has numerous addresses in the MD VA area....also AZ and one location in NJ.

Was she a friend of Litsa's or was she someone that Litsa also took advantage of?

It would be helpful to know that information before anyone called her.

Thanks,

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.