HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Court Case Web Site Info ()
Date: October 16, 2007 08:50AM

To get Court Case Information:

http://208.210.219.132/vadistrict/select.jsp

select the County: FAIRFAX
select the type of case - (ie: criminal / civil / traffic) CRIMINAL
select case status - (ie: active / inactive / service) ACTIVE

search by name: MATTFELD

(DO NOT use back key.) This will throw you out of the application.
(DO USE the Back to Main Menu box to go back)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: October 16, 2007 08:57AM

according to the court website her attorney is MICHAEL H CANTRELL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 16, 2007 09:31AM

Most people get their cases continued because they want the case to drop off the public's radar.

I hope in the this case it actually works against Litsa by allowing the Navy people to gather more evidence and FCPD to interview more witnesses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: October 16, 2007 09:37AM

former navy mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> according to the court website her attorney is
> MICHAEL H CANTRELL


He lives in Pender. Anyone know him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 16, 2007 12:37PM

Yes, continue to call the defendant's attorney. I am sure he won't keep a log of all the "concerned parents" that have called him. And, I am certain he would never use that log to get the trial further delayed or the venue moved. Further, I am sure he would violate the professional rules of conduct and divulge all information about his client. If you are all this stupid, it is easy to see how $180K was lifted right under your noses. I, for one, hoped this would be over by the 30th so that this message board would end. No such luck - bring on the parade of Navy Morons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: October 16, 2007 12:42PM

11 pages GOD DAMN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: CaseFacts ()
Date: October 16, 2007 12:51PM

the most interesting fact about her case is that she never had to post any bail. She was released on her own recognizance. How's that make you feel Navy Parents?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: October 16, 2007 12:54PM

See http://www.manta.com/comsite5/bin/pddnb_company.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=4490&id=6w3b9

Apparently a democrat--you can check his $250 donation...lives in Penderbrook in Providence District...

Open source addresses and telephone numbers, so I don't think he'd mind this posting and chance for more business:

Michael H Cantrell, Esq (Cantrell, Michael H)
10615 Judicial Dr Ste 302, Fairfax, VA 22030-7501
Phone: (703) 691-2470
Also Does Business As: Cantrell, Michael H
SIC: Legal Services
Line of Business: Legal Services Office

3902 Clares Ct
Fairfax, VA 22033-4640
(703) 385-5574

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Really Now! ()
Date: October 16, 2007 01:00PM

What do you expect him to tell you? Seriously, are you all this stupid? For you to even think that he would tell you anything about his client is insane! He would lose his law license. Can I have your doctor's name so I can call him/her and get all your personal info?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 16, 2007 01:33PM

It helps to know who the lawyer is so you can see what type of tactics he has used in past cases.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Realist ()
Date: October 16, 2007 01:36PM

No Bail = No Jail time. If the courts and the prosecutors didn't make her post bail, I doubt she will have to serve time. I am thinking a suspended sentence, probation, community service, and some form of restitution. Sad, but true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Wonder if? ()
Date: October 16, 2007 02:16PM

124C41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See
> http://www.manta.com/comsite5/bin/pddnb_company.pl
> ?pdlanding=1&referid=4490&id=6w3b9
>
> Apparently a democrat--you can check his $250
> donation...lives in Penderbrook in Providence
> District...
>
> Open source addresses and telephone numbers, so I
> don't think he'd mind this posting and chance for
> more business:
>
> Michael H Cantrell, Esq (Cantrell, Michael H)
> 10615 Judicial Dr Ste 302, Fairfax, VA 22030-7501
> Phone: (703) 691-2470
> Also Does Business As: Cantrell, Michael H
> SIC: Legal Services
> Line of Business: Legal Services Office
>
> 3902 Clares Ct
> Fairfax, VA 22033-4640
> (703) 385-5574

Does anyone know if this guy has a connection to Navy? Former Parent? Current parent? Chantilly High school connection? CYA? Then again, with all her court appearances she might have a entire staff of lawyers. Navy paid the retainers/fees.

He seems right of the Navy neighborhood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 16, 2007 03:06PM

It's typical with these kinds of cases. Judges and prosecutors want to keep the courts clear for rapists, drug dealers, gang bangers, etc. They don't want to spend time on white collar crime like this that takes a ton of time and isn't guaranteed to result in a conviction. They will probably cut some sort of deal for a deferred felony. If she stays out of trouble for two years, there will be no record of this at all.

You think this is bad. You should see how many child molesters are walking on the streets after six months because of this stupid system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 16, 2007 04:38PM

A first offense maybe, but this appears to be pattern and at least, a second offense. I don't think on the original charge they knew she had a history.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 16, 2007 06:15PM

Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A first offense maybe, but this appears to be
> pattern and at least, a second offense. I don't
> think on the original charge they knew she had a
> history.


Was she ever convicted before? If not, she doesn't have a record. The court has to treat her like it is the first time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: The TRUTH!!!! ()
Date: October 16, 2007 07:10PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jester Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A first offense maybe, but this appears to be
> > pattern and at least, a second offense. I
> don't
> > think on the original charge they knew she had
> a
> > history.
>
>
> Was she ever convicted before? If not, she doesn't
> have a record. The court has to treat her like it
> is the first time.

The first time she was not brought up on charges. But the association confirmed she did embezzle $60K plus (or what they could find document). The association turned it over their insurance company and insurance made an attempt to collect. Not sure if they ever received a dime. But thats the story. NEVER brought up on formal charges. Pity they didn't. I guess they did not want their membership to be aware of their mistake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: the plot thickens ()
Date: October 16, 2007 07:41PM

If there was an insurance payout, I would think thats evidence. It has to be explained somehow. I would think she would have had to sign something saying she did it but that charges wouldnt be filed. Kind of a quid pro quo or something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To the real Dipshit ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:33PM

DipShites Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, continue to call the defendant's attorney. I
> am sure he won't keep a log of all the "concerned
> parents" that have called him. And, I am certain
> he would never use that log to get the trial
> further delayed or the venue moved. Further, I am
> sure he would violate the professional rules of
> conduct and divulge all information about his
> client. If you are all this stupid, it is easy to
> see how $180K was lifted right under your noses.
> I, for one, hoped this would be over by the 30th
> so that this message board would end. No such
> luck - bring on the parade of Navy Morons.


You're an asshole....where in this thread of messages does it say that the attorney has been called, contacted, OR would ever be contacted? You are the moron.....DipShit. You and Litsa deserve each other...... In fact, you probably are Litsa.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Blutto ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:47PM

Why does this generate so many responses? It is simple case. A thieving fat hog skimmed money for her own use from a PTA. The stupid parents in the group were so busy watching to see who drives the biggest SUV or who has the biggest McMansion that they didnt see fatty waddling off with the $$$.

Lesson learned, keep your eyes on the cash. Some companies in the business world are reluctant to report embezzlement because it lets their customers know how careless they are and customers dont want to give their money to a company like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: What Goes Around Comes Around ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:51PM

Jester Wrote:

A first offense maybe, but this appears to be pattern and at least, a second offense. I don't think on the original charge they knew she had a history.


WashingToneLocian Wrote:

Was she ever convicted before? If not, she doesn't have a record. The court has to treat her like it is the first time.


The TRUTH!!!! Wrote:

> The first time she was not brought up on charges.
> But the association confirmed she did embezzle
> $60K plus (or what they could find document). The
> association turned it over their insurance company
> and insurance made an attempt to collect. Not
> sure if they ever received a dime. But thats the
> story. NEVER brought up on formal charges. Pity
> they didn't. I guess they did not want their
> membership to be aware of their mistake.


BE ASSURED, THE IRS HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF BOTH SITUATIONS. I'M SURE THERE IS A PAPER TRAIL THAT CAN BE TRACKED WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND WITH CHASE BANK!!!! THEY CAN INVESTIGATE, TOO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:52PM

To the real Dipshit,

Tell me then, genius, what would be the purpose of posting his address and phone numbers, both home and work? There is only one Michael Cantrell practicing law in VA. His name would have been enough, assuming that is even relevant. Again, it is very easy to see how this dumbass ripped off even dumber dumbasses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Well..... ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:56PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:

Was she ever convicted before? If not, she doesn't have a record. The court has to treat her like it is the first time.
-----

Not necessarily so, the prosecution MAY be able to introduce evidence of her prior bad acts......


In the law of evidence, similar fact evidence (or the similar fact principle) establishes the conditions under which factual evidence of past misconduct of accused can be admitted at trial for the purpose of inferring that the accused committed the misconduct at issue.

The rule is established in R. v. Handy, 164 CCC (3d) 481, 2 SCR 908 (2002):

Evidence of prior bad acts by the accused will be admissible if the prosecution satisfies the judge on a balance of probabilities that, in the context of the particular case, the probative value of the evidence in relation to a specific issue outweighs its potential prejudice and thereby justifies its reception.

Questions arise as to how the Court will measure the elements of this rule:

i) What constitutes a prior bad act? - Any past misdeed, does not have to proven as a conviction

ii) Why does the Court speak of evidence in relation to a ‘specific issue’? - Good measure of probity, what other issue beyond disposition or propensity evidence.

iii) How is probative value determined? - Nature of similarity btw details, distinctive features and circumstances of past act and current offence - Proximity in time between past act and current offence - Number of occurrences of the similar acts - Any intervening event - Any other factor tending to support or rebut the unity of past act and conduct in question (i.e. appearance of collusion)



iii) How is probative value determined? - Nature of similarity btw details, distinctive features and circumstances of past act and current offence - Proximity in time between past act and current offence - Number of occurrences of the similar acts - Any intervening event - Any other factor tending to support or rebut the unity of past act and conduct in question (i.e. appearance of collusion)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To the Moron ()
Date: October 16, 2007 11:02PM

Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It helps to know who the lawyer is so you can see
> what type of tactics he has used in past cases.


Litsa....

Can you read the comment above? You certainly can't spell. You can't even get the plural of dipshit correct. I'm amazed that it took this long to catch your fat ass "this time."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Blutto ()
Date: October 16, 2007 11:12PM

Support the Navy PTA during our fall cookie drive.
Attachments:
_610070_fatpeople300.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Silence ()
Date: October 16, 2007 11:13PM

Well..... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingToneLocian Wrote:
>
> Was she ever convicted before? If not, she doesn't
> have a record. The court has to treat her like it
> is the first time.
> -----
>
> Not necessarily so, the prosecution MAY be able to
> introduce evidence of her prior bad acts......
>
>
> In the law of evidence, similar fact evidence (or
> the similar fact principle) establishes the
> conditions under which factual evidence of past
> misconduct of accused can be admitted at trial for
> the purpose of inferring that the accused
> committed the misconduct at issue.
>
> The rule is established in R. v. Handy, 164 CCC
> (3d) 481, 2 SCR 908 (2002):
>
> Evidence of prior bad acts by the accused will be
> admissible if the prosecution satisfies the judge
> on a balance of probabilities that, in the context
> of the particular case, the probative value of the
> evidence in relation to a specific issue outweighs
> its potential prejudice and thereby justifies its
> reception.
>
> Questions arise as to how the Court will measure
> the elements of this rule:
>
> i) What constitutes a prior bad act? - Any past
> misdeed, does not have to proven as a conviction
>
> ii) Why does the Court speak of evidence in
> relation to a ‘specific issue’? - Good measure of
> probity, what other issue beyond disposition or
> propensity evidence.
>
> iii) How is probative value determined? - Nature
> of similarity btw details, distinctive features
> and circumstances of past act and current offence
> - Proximity in time between past act and current
> offence - Number of occurrences of the similar
> acts - Any intervening event - Any other factor
> tending to support or rebut the unity of past act
> and conduct in question (i.e. appearance of
> collusion)

BOY.....THE DIPSHIT, MORON GOT QUIET AFTER THIS POST !!
THANKS TO YOU, WELL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Dipshites ()
Date: October 16, 2007 11:45PM

To the Moron,

Shite is a variant on the word shit, look it up. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shite

Again, what does posting his work and home addresses and telephone numbers accomplish? Simple answer - nothing. Why? Because there is only ONE Michael Cantrell practicing law in VA. Secondly, if you had half a brain, which I am seriously beginning to doubt, this particular attorney has one case on record with the VA Supreme Court. Look it up, it is not hard.

Again, I stand by my assertion that a dumbass ripped off even dumber dumbasses.

PS - I am also "Well...." You are welcome for that bit of information. Please, if you want sound legal knowledge, see an attorney. Stop, for the love of God, playing Perry Mason!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Teacher ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:00AM

DipShites Wrote:
>Again, I stand by my assertion that a dumbass ripped off even dumber dumbasses.


REALLY ???? I'll be sure NOT to tell the children, teachers and many families who were impacted by this criminal how you really feel about them. How dare you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:32AM

Teacher,

How dare I? How dare you people make a mockery of the criminal justice system. Is the crime that you are victims of more important than the thousands of other crimes that prosecutors have to deal with every day? Crimes like rape, murder, assault, physical crimes against children, and other crimes of violence. Crimes where real victims will suffer the consequences and emotional baggage for a lifetime. This theft may burn you now, but you will not have severe psychological problems down the road; if you do, you are overly fragile and I apologize.

How many prosecutors are in Fairfax? How many crimes need to be prosecuted? You do the math. This government, any government, has limited resources. Are you aware, that some federal crimes go completely unprosecuted in certain areas because it doesn't meet a certain economic threshold? The Navy PTO theft is not the crime of the century. You keep bringing up all this crap that you amateur sleuths come up with. Hell, some people on this thread allege affairs and even more ludicrous scenarios. I can only imagine this poor prosecutor having to field telephone calls, emails, and the like on a daily basis. I am sure he/she is polite and empathetic. He/she is a public servant and knows that.

As a teacher, do you like it when parents tell you how to do your job, do you like people watching over your shoulder judging every move you make? Hell, most teachers bitch and moan about no child left behind.

Let the professionals do their job. And at the end of the day thank them for giving your case as much attention as they did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Teacher ()
Date: October 17, 2007 02:07AM

DipShites Wrote:
> >Again, I stand by my assertion that a dumbass ripped off even dumber dumbasses.


REALLY ???? I'll be sure NOT to tell the children, teachers and many families who were impacted by this criminal how you really feel about them. How dare you!


Not everyone on this forum deserves your mean spirited comments, Dipshites.

For you to comment that the children, teachers and families who were ripped off are dumbasses gives some insight into the type of person you must be. They are the innocent victims of this crime. There are many on this forum who are trying to help by gathering any information that will assist the investigators in this case. Many are also asking good questions and offering excellent advice. If you weed through some of the more 'spirited' posts, there has been some helpful information gleaned. For instance, details of this person’s previous embezzlement history were posted HERE first!

Although some of the posts may not be the most appropriate, this is a public forum and you get the good and the bad.

It is a mockery when criminals are not prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law the FIRST TIME and are allowed to continue to commit the same crimes over and over without penalty. The probability that this person may get off with a slap on the wrist would be a crime in and of itself, especially since this may be her second embezzlement. What message does this send our children?

Not one person on this forum suggested that the PTA embezzlement is the crime of the century or is any more important than any other crime. YOU made that assumption. This crime is a FELONY and this forum thread is about the PTA embezzlement, not the other crimes you listed. Please feel free to start another thread to address those issues!

Like the other crimes you mentioned, people who steal from children should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible by law, not slapped on the wrist and allowed to plea bargain. That is where most of the concern exists on this forum. If we stop slapping people on the wrist and hold them accountable, there would certainly be less people to prosecute and perhaps your job would be a bit easier. You sound stressed due to all of your limited resources.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy ()
Date: October 17, 2007 07:03AM

Call us what you want, dumb ass, suv driving, mcmansion living, dip shit, dumb, stupid, ignorant, BUT we will kick ass, take numbers and do what ever it takes. Legal advice bring it on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 07:58AM

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

The Form 3949-A is a short report of suspected fraud. If a person has unlawful income, the do have to pay taxes.

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0,,id=106778,00.html

And don't forget to notify the Virginia tax authorities.

NEWS ITEM: AOL to Fire 700 Local Employees
Attachments:
IRS.jpg
eye_blink.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: October 17, 2007 08:49AM

DipShites Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Teacher,
>
> How dare I? How dare you people make a mockery of
> the criminal justice system. Is the crime that
> you are victims of more important than the
> thousands of other crimes that prosecutors have to
> deal with every day? Crimes like rape, murder,
> assault, physical crimes against children, and
> other crimes of violence. Crimes where real
> victims will suffer the consequences and emotional
> baggage for a lifetime. This theft may burn you
> now, but you will not have severe psychological
> problems down the road; if you do, you are overly
> fragile and I apologize.
>
> How many prosecutors are in Fairfax? How many
> crimes need to be prosecuted? You do the math.
> This government, any government, has limited
> resources. Are you aware, that some federal
> crimes go completely unprosecuted in certain areas
> because it doesn't meet a certain economic
> threshold? The Navy PTO theft is not the crime of
> the century. You keep bringing up all this crap
> that you amateur sleuths come up with. Hell, some
> people on this thread allege affairs and even more
> ludicrous scenarios. I can only imagine this poor
> prosecutor having to field telephone calls,
> emails, and the like on a daily basis. I am sure
> he/she is polite and empathetic. He/she is a
> public servant and knows that.
>
> As a teacher, do you like it when parents tell you
> how to do your job, do you like people watching
> over your shoulder judging every move you make?
> Hell, most teachers bitch and moan about no child
> left behind.
>
> Let the professionals do their job. And at the
> end of the day thank them for giving your case as
> much attention as they did.


this 'woman" did not steal a candy bar, she stole more than 180,000 from her neighbors, her childrens teachers, friends and their school.


you obviously have no clue as to how our justice system works, but fortunatly many people here do.

when the court knows that the public is involved and vested in a case, they are less likely to accept a plea to a lesser charge.


the people of the Navy community want this felon to serve jail time and many of us are willing to do whatever we can, however small, to see that she does.


Now if you don't like that and think we're all dipshits, the real question is why do you care what a bunch of "dipshits" are doing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: SRE ()
Date: October 17, 2007 09:31AM

...this is (still) the thread that will not end.... it just goes on and on my friend..... some people started posting to it, not knowing what it was..... and they will continue posting to it forever just because...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 17, 2007 09:49AM

DipShites,

Are you really that stupid? Your analogy says "Well if people are dumb enough to allow themselves to get ripped off then it's their fault" WHAT????????

You mean if somebody leaves their car in their driveway and it gets stolen it's their fault? Because their the dumbass that parked it in public view? You need some serious mental help.

Stealing $180,000 isn't a serious crime? Really? When did this rule get put in place?

As for Micheal Cantrell having a case in the Supreme Court, So what? Any country bunkin lawyer can have a case in the Supreme Court.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:10AM

Does anyone know if a lawyer accepts stolen funds to defend a fraud case, does he/she break the law?

If it is proven that a lawyer accepted purloined monies, and he either knew that fact or suspected it, is the lawyer guilty of a crime or an ethics violation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Blutto ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:15AM

I agree with Dipshites. The parents bear much of the blame. No one bothered to watch over the woman and the books. We are not talking about a car or a physical piece of property that you can touch. It is money on paper.

If the parents were too busy to oversee the books then shame on them. Since it was such a large amount, and a large woman, the PTA should have hired an auditor to take a look at the books every so often. Since there was over 180,000 in the pot I think it merits some attention.

I am sure since it is an affluent school the PTA will muscle Fairfax County into somehow replacing the lost funds through public money. I assume since it was a PTA there was a board of directors. If so why didnt the president look over the books and ask for documentation about the assest. A simple bank statement every week would have stopped this at the beginning.

If the parents are so self absorbed they dont have the time, then hire someone to do the job for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:18AM

this 'woman" did not steal a candy bar, she stole more than 180,000 from her neighbors, her childrens teachers, friends and their school.


Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DipShites,
>
> Are you really that stupid? Your analogy says
> "Well if people are dumb enough to allow
> themselves to get ripped off then it's their
> fault" WHAT????????
>
> You mean if somebody leaves their car in their
> driveway and it gets stolen it's their fault?
> Because their the dumbass that parked it in public
> view? You need some serious mental help.
>
> Stealing $180,000 isn't a serious crime? Really?
> When did this rule get put in place?
>
> As for Micheal Cantrell having a case in the
> Supreme Court, So what? Any country bunkin lawyer
> can have a case in the Supreme Court.


Jester,

I never made an analogy. Please learn how to read and learn what an analogy is. I said, "it is easy to see how $180K was lifted right under your noses," and "Again, it is very easy to see how this dumbass ripped off even dumber dumbasses," and "Again, I stand by my assertion that a dumbass ripped off even dumber dumbasses." These are clearly observations based upon numerous posts on this thread - not analogies. Simply because she stole from less intelligent people does not make it any less of a crime.

I never said it wasn't a serious crime. Again, please get some help in reading comprehension. I stated that it "is not the crime of the century." Clearly it isn't. If you disagree, you are insane.

My comments concerning Mr. Cantrell were in response to people posting his home and work contact information. You said, "It helps to know who the lawyer is so you can see what type of tactics he has used in past cases." The best way to accomplish what you said is to look at his reported cases. THat is what I did. However, this could have been accomplished without posting his contact information. And yes, anyone licensed in the state with the proper certification can practice before the VA Supreme Court.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:23AM

Jester,

Just to clarify my analogy point. I am not saying less intelligent people DESERVE to be victims of crime, I am saying that they are easy prey - as was clearly the situation here. If the navy community is not less intelligent, they were simply lazy in allowing this crime to happen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:30AM

DipShites opined:

My comments concerning Mr. Cantrell were in response to people posting his home and work contact information. You said, "It helps to know who the lawyer is so you can see what type of tactics he has used in past cases." The best way to accomplish what you said is to look at his reported cases. THat is what I did. However, this could have been accomplished without posting his contact information. And yes, anyone licensed in the state with the proper certification can practice before the VA Supreme Court.

Regret faux pas. This information is not proprietary. It is readily available online.

Is DipShites your noms de plume, Mr. Cantrell, Esq.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:45AM

former navy mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this 'woman" did not steal a candy bar, she stole
> more than 180,000 from her neighbors, her
> childrens teachers, friends and their school.
>
>
> you obviously have no clue as to how our justice
> system works, but fortunatly many people here do.
>
> when the court knows that the public is involved
> and vested in a case, they are less likely to
> accept a plea to a lesser charge.
>
>
> the people of the Navy community want this felon
> to serve jail time and many of us are willing to
> do whatever we can, however small, to see that she
> does.
>
>
> Now if you don't like that and think we're all
> dipshits, the real question is why do you care
> what a bunch of "dipshits" are doing?


Let me be clear, I never diminished the severity of her crime. I simply stated that it wasn't the crime of the century, and it isn't (no matter how many pages of crap you post on this website).

With all due respect, it really is you that needs an education in the way our criminal justice system works. I know you are hoping for jail time, and she may indeed get some, but the liklihood of a long sentence is remote. There are those that commit crimes of violence and serve very little, if any, jail time. The fact remains that our prisons are overcrowding and holding a non-violent felon is not at the top of the list. Sad but true. I am not saying she does not deserve a light sentence, but it is likely she will get one. Would you rather have a rspist set free so that Mrs. Mattfeld can serve some hard time? We do not put the money into incarceration that we put into education, transportation, and law enforcement. You are likely looking at a combination of home confinement, community service, restitution, and maybe a light jail sentence. I hope I am wrong, but in my experience, this is the rule, rather than the exception. Economics and prison space dictate when a plea will be reached as much as community involvement. If you are a prosecutor looking at a child abuser and an embezzler, I guarentee the prosecutor makes room in the jail for the abuser. And, until more prison space is built, I want it that way. You need to temper your expectations.

Why do I care what a bunch of dipshits are doing? Should I not care how criminal justice is carried out in the County I live? Should I want my assistant commonwealth's attorneys being bogged down with one case and constant contact with every "victim" in this case when I know that there are more than a dozen more cases on his/her desk? Crimes where people actually lost something.

Let me ask all of you this: If this crime had never been caught, how would your life be harmed? Would you have noticed? I doubt it. Contrast that with people who actually feel the loss. Losses like loss of the car you drive to work every day, loss of the feeling of personal security, loss of a sum of money that impacts you directly. Please put your loss into perspective. Mrs. Mattfeld's crime went on for five years. You never noticed. You lived your lives in ognorant bliss. Most crime victims can't say that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:47AM

Dipshites\crappy\potty\bowel movements or whatever third grade bathroom term turns you on,

Litsa stole $180,000 from kids and the education for those kids, Yes, I call that the crime of the century. Yes, I call it stealing. Yes, she should be procecuted for stealing.

I was drawing an analogy from your statement. I apologize if you thought I meant you had stolen a car. Although, with your mind set I wouldn't put it past you. You would probably blame the owner or person who the sold the car as the reason the car was stolen. Of course it would never be the fault of the actual person stealing the car.


Jeese! I hope Litsa has a better defense then this or she maybe doing years in the pig pen, opps I mean big pen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:51AM

124C41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DipShites opined:
>
> My comments concerning Mr. Cantrell were in
> response to people posting his home and work
> contact information. You said, "It helps to know
> who the lawyer is so you can see what type of
> tactics he has used in past cases." The best way
> to accomplish what you said is to look at his
> reported cases. THat is what I did. However, this
> could have been accomplished without posting his
> contact information. And yes, anyone licensed in
> the state with the proper certification can
> practice before the VA Supreme Court.
>
> Regret faux pas. This information is not
> proprietary. It is readily available online.
>
> Is DipShites your noms de plume, Mr. Cantrell,
> Esq.?

Who said it was propietary? I want to know what the value of putting it on this thread is? All of this type of information, innuendo, rumor, and name calling screams for a change of venue motion from the defense. You have given Mr. Cantrell 11 pages of reasons to make this motion. This will only delay the trial further. I assume that is NOT what you want.

I am not Mr. Cantrell, nor have I ever met him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:52AM

Blutto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with Dipshites. The parents bear much of
> the blame. No one bothered to watch over the woman
> and the books. We are not talking about a car or a
> physical piece of property that you can touch. It
> is money on paper.
>
> If the parents were too busy to oversee the books
> then shame on them. Since it was such a large
> amount, and a large woman, the PTA should have
> hired an auditor to take a look at the books every
> so often. Since there was over 180,000 in the pot
> I think it merits some attention.
>
> I am sure since it is an affluent school the PTA
> will muscle Fairfax County into somehow replacing
> the lost funds through public money. I assume
> since it was a PTA there was a board of directors.
> If so why didnt the president look over the books
> and ask for documentation about the assest. A
> simple bank statement every week would have
> stopped this at the beginning.
>
> If the parents are so self absorbed they dont have
> the time, then hire someone to do the job for you.


I agree with you that the officers of the PTA had a responsibility to look over the books. Litsa was the president, and obviously the officers of the PTA were negligent to allow this woman to steal so much money.


I also agree with you that since the PTA was taking in so much money there should have been an audit done periodically.

maybe this will happen in the future.


However, I do find your post insulting to the members of the community.


we were given copies of the PTA budget, not access to the "books" since everyone assumed that the PTA officers were meeting their commitments and there was no reason to suspect that they weren't, why would a parent ask to see the books?


what litsa did was create two bank accounts, short change the books and steal a lot of CASH from the PTA over a period of 5 years.


she got away with it not because people were stupid or "self absorbed" but because officers of the PTA with who she served with weren't paying attention and sure weren't doing their jobs, and she is a professional thief and con artist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WOW!!!!! ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:55AM

You Navy-ites need to get a grip, honestly, how effective do you think a board used by bored house marms and over the top wanna be PI's is going to really be in getting a conviction in this case? I am amazed at the idiotic statements some of you make, and can you guys PLEASE stop talking about the children and how this affects them, from the news reports and newspaper coverage, they didn't suffer at all, no activities were impacted, but I know it makes for better drama to mention the kids, but please, STOP IT!!!!

Dipshites makes perfect sense, you all need to stop trying to play hindsight 20/20 detective and lawyer, and let the courts do their job. You weren't concerned when she was alledgedly taking the money, so don't get on your high horse now and try and fix it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Dipshites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 10:55AM

Jester, Fool, Buffoon, Village Idiot,

Apparently you have not read a damn thing I wrote. Or, you simply fail to comprehend the English laguage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:00AM

the plot thickens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If there was an insurance payout, I would think
> thats evidence. It has to be explained somehow.
> I would think she would have had to sign something
> saying she did it but that charges wouldnt be
> filed. Kind of a quid pro quo or something?


If there was an insurance payout it means that money was lost. It does not mean that this gal was somehow found guilty of taking it, especially if she herself managed not to pay the insurance company anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:10AM

Teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DipShites Wrote:
> > >Again, I stand by my assertion that a dumbass
> ripped off even dumber dumbasses.
>
>
> REALLY ???? I'll be sure NOT to tell the
> children, teachers and many families who were
> impacted by this criminal how you really feel
> about them. How dare you!
>
>
> Not everyone on this forum deserves your mean
> spirited comments, Dipshites.
>
> For you to comment that the children, teachers and
> families who were ripped off are dumbasses gives
> some insight into the type of person you must be.
> They are the innocent victims of this crime.

Who besides Mrs. Mattfeld had responsibility over the books? If they had a responsibility and failed to do their jobs properly, they are either lazy or complicit. The only way other PTO board members are innocent is if they are not to bright.

> There are many on this forum who are trying to
> help by gathering any information that will assist
> the investigators in this case. Many are also
> asking good questions and offering excellent
> advice. If you weed through some of the more
> 'spirited' posts, there has been some helpful
> information gleaned. For instance, details of
> this person’s previous embezzlement history were
> posted HERE first!

You are not professional investigators and prosecutors. Previous embezzlement was known by both the FCPD and commonwealth attorney's office BEFORE her arrest on the current charges. You simply prejudiced any potential jurors by leaking evidence in the case.

> Although some of the posts may not be the most
> appropriate, this is a public forum and you get
> the good and the bad.

There is far more bad than good.

> It is a mockery when criminals are not prosecuted
> to the fullest extent of the law the FIRST TIME
> and are allowed to continue to commit the same
> crimes over and over without penalty. The
> probability that this person may get off with a
> slap on the wrist would be a crime in and of
> itself, especially since this may be her second
> embezzlement. What message does this send our
> children?

It sends the message that we need to build more jail space. That costs money. Prison population goes up every year in Fairfax County and statewide. Student population decreases each year in Fairfax County. Yet, we are being forced to swallow a $300+ million dollar school bond this year. Seem sane to you? Also, what message does it send when the other officers of the PTO board allowed her to steal this money without ever examinig the books? Don't we want to teach our children all forms of responsibility, not just criminal?

> Not one person on this forum suggested that the
> PTA embezzlement is the crime of the century or is
> any more important than any other crime. YOU made
> that assumption. This crime is a FELONY and this
> forum thread is about the PTA embezzlement, not
> the other crimes you listed. Please feel free to
> start another thread to address those issues!

Well, actually, Jester DID call it the crime of the century. Albeit after your post, but it shows you that there are people out there with that same mindset.

> Like the other crimes you mentioned, people who
> steal from children should be prosecuted to the
> fullest extent possible by law, not slapped on the
> wrist and allowed to plea bargain. That is where
> most of the concern exists on this forum. If we
> stop slapping people on the wrist and hold them
> accountable, there would certainly be less people
> to prosecute and perhaps your job would be a bit
> easier. You sound stressed due to all of your
> limited resources.

Again, build more jails.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:18AM

former navy mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> when the court knows that the public is involved
> and vested in a case, they are less likely to
> accept a plea to a lesser charge.
>
>
>

While the pressure couldn't hurt, the fact is the prosecutor will make the decision to proceed based on the case. While $180K may be missing, Litsa, if she is responsible, may be very good at coming up with reasonable doubt (PTA kept bad records. If I stole this money, why am I renting a crappy townhouse, etc). It may make the most sense for the prosecutor to cut a plea deal and get something versus losing a now high profile case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:23AM

Silence Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well..... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> >
> > Was she ever convicted before? If not, she
> doesn't
> > have a record. The court has to treat her like
> it
> > is the first time.
> > -----
> >
> > Not necessarily so, the prosecution MAY be able
> to
> > introduce evidence of her prior bad acts......
> >
> >
> > In the law of evidence, similar fact evidence
> (or
> > the similar fact principle) establishes the
> > conditions under which factual evidence of past
> > misconduct of accused can be admitted at trial
> for
> > the purpose of inferring that the accused
> > committed the misconduct at issue.
> >
> > The rule is established in R. v. Handy, 164 CCC
> > (3d) 481, 2 SCR 908 (2002):
> >
> > Evidence of prior bad acts by the accused will
> be
> > admissible if the prosecution satisfies the
> judge
> > on a balance of probabilities that, in the
> context
> > of the particular case, the probative value of
> the
> > evidence in relation to a specific issue
> outweighs
> > its potential prejudice and thereby justifies
> its
> > reception.
> >
> > Questions arise as to how the Court will
> measure
> > the elements of this rule:
> >
> > i) What constitutes a prior bad act? - Any past
> > misdeed, does not have to proven as a
> conviction
> >
> > ii) Why does the Court speak of evidence in
> > relation to a ‘specific issue’? - Good measure
> of
> > probity, what other issue beyond disposition or
> > propensity evidence.
> >
> > iii) How is probative value determined? -
> Nature
> > of similarity btw details, distinctive features
> > and circumstances of past act and current
> offence
> > - Proximity in time between past act and
> current
> > offence - Number of occurrences of the similar
> > acts - Any intervening event - Any other factor
> > tending to support or rebut the unity of past
> act
> > and conduct in question (i.e. appearance of
> > collusion)
>
> BOY.....THE DIPSHIT, MORON GOT QUIET AFTER THIS
> POST !!
> THANKS TO YOU, WELL.


I'm quiet because I don't spend my life on this site.

Regarding the points made, the prosecution would have a hell of a lot easier time proceeding with this if there had been a prior conviction. The fact that 1) the other PTA never even pressed charges, 2) the insurance company failed to collect anything from this woman, and 3) the insurance company paid, all constitute ZERO evidence against this woman, even if she did it. There is no "there" there.

Is it suspicious that this has happened twice with the same woman there? Yes. However, a good defense attorney will drum up stacks of data showing that local PTAs lose this kind of money all of the time due to bad record-keeping, or some such nonsense. Enough nonsense, anyway, to prompt the prosecutor to push for a plea deal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Goose ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:30AM

"Yeeha, Jester's dead"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Dunkin Donuts ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:39AM

Dipshites,

You sound like some fat ass who blames McDonald's for being fat.

As for it being difficult to find a jury because of posting on this website? LMAO! There are PLENTY of people in Fairfax County who have never heard of the case.

I applaud the NAVY PTO, PTA members, and NAVY school community for coming forward and working with FCPD to prosecute Litsa.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:50AM

Dunkin Donuts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dipshites,
>
> You sound like some fat ass who blames McDonald's
> for being fat.
>
> As for it being difficult to find a jury because
> of posting on this website? LMAO! There are PLENTY
> of people in Fairfax County who have never heard
> of the case.
>
> I applaud the NAVY PTO, PTA members, and NAVY
> school community for coming forward and working
> with FCPD to prosecute Litsa.

Dunkin,

And what lead you to the brilliant statement that I would ever blame McDonald's for anything? If you read my posts, you'd see I a stressed individual responsibility. The kind of responsibility a PTO board member would exercise to ensure $180K wasn't lifted under their nose.

I never said it would be impossible to enpanel a jury in this county, or that it would be difficult finding impartial jurors. I simply stated that you gave the defense attorney enough reason to motion the court for a change of venue. He has 11 (now 12) pages of enough reason to at least make the argument. It is a delaying tactic and one that an attorney would be foolish to at least not consider.

Is there anyone in the Navy community that succeeds in reading comprehension?

Again, I see how easy it was to steal from you. Please don't misconstrue this as making an excuse for Mrs. Mattfeld's crime. It is simply an observation that like in the wild it is usually the slowest and the weakest that are picked off for the kill.

Applaud all you want. If there are a small group of individuals involved in this process, fine, if you are referring to this board, you are a moron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: José Diego ()
Date: October 17, 2007 01:12PM

Please folks, stop demonizing this innocent woman.

Remember, that she is innocent until proven guilty. She can have the best lawyer $180,000 can buy.
Attachments:
Halloween Witch.bmp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 17, 2007 01:19PM

Dipshites,

In one sentence you call the board "11 (now 12) pages of enough reason to at least make the argument." Then you say people who post here are morons and absolute idiots who can barely read?

So which is it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 01:32PM

Jester,

Seriously, quit while you can. With each post you make, you truly show how unitelligent and uninformed you are. I get it, you got burned by an obese, ugly woman. Just let the professionals do their job and let the chips fall where they may. My point is that any comments on this board that are rumor, innuendo, false accusations, personal attacks, and the like simply give the defense another delaying tactic. Is that truly what you want? If you are interested in justice, if you are interested in organizing the Navy community, if you are interested in gathering facts from people, I am unequivocally stating that this board is the absolute wrong place to do this. Meet in person or via individual email threads. Coming on a public board for the world to see is moronic. If you are all as smart as you claim to be, are you telling me that this is the ONLY place that these ideas can be aired? You are inviting people to make false and misleading statements. Are you all too stupid to see that the messages on this board actually aid Mrs. Mattfeld?

I really don't even understand your logic sometimes, Jester. It is truly mindboggling. Obviously, my comments do nothing to contribute to a motion for a change of venue - YOURS DO! Can you truly not see the difference?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 02:04PM

Okay. New Rules. Brevity. Facts.
No More

Attachments:
Sick Pumpkin.bmp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:04PM

Dipshites,

LMAO, What good attorney says, "Your honor here are some posts from an internet chat room."

Second, in which posts did I say that I was smarter than anybody?

Third, I have never dated an obese woman nor would I ever a woman who shovels food in her mouth with no self control or respect for herself.

I wonder who would want this thread to vanish?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:18PM

Jester,

Let it never be said you are known for your graceful exits. Are you familiar with the legal system? Lawyers will use ANY and ALL tactics to assist their clients. If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their job. It is something that any lawyer worth his salt would consider. Remember, he doesn't need to win on the motion, just simply get in the door to make the argument and cause a delay.

You are right, you never said you were smarter than anyone else, you just act like it. Your first statement to me directly was, "Are you really that stupid?" Thereby implying your superior intelligence. This isn't a stretch for me to say "if you are as smart as you claim you are," epecially considering the illogical suppositions you have put forth.

I never implied you dated an obese woman. What I meant when I said you were "burned" by Mrs. Mattfeld was that she pulled one over on you, she stole from you, she did you wrong, etc. I forgot that I need to be as basic and simple in my language as possible when addressing you.

Believe me, there are a great deal of people who want to see this nonsense end. Sure, go ahead, accuse me of being Mrs. Mattfeld, but there are many who agree with me.

What truly amazes me about these posts is the complete logical fallacies that some of you engage in. You completely ignore login and reason and simply spout off whatever you want.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To DipShites ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:40PM

I'm sure as a Litsa sympathizer you would like to see this situation end. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen anytime soon based on the case extension. We are in America, and good or bad people have the right to say whatever they want on the subject whether it makes sense to YOU or not. If you don't like it then, oh well. Feel free to move to another country or start you own Litsa support thread if it would make you feel better.

Logic and fact dictate that Litsa put herself in a position as PTA President and Treasurer to steal more than $180,000....not including undocumented cash. You can minimize it anyway you want, but this is the amount that can be documented.

Litsa may or may not be prosecuted to everyone's satisfaction, but she WILL get what is coming to her in the end, be assured.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: for the love of god........ ()
Date: October 17, 2007 08:10PM

We have two incidences of fraud and embezzlement from a corporate company and the Navy PTA. Will the people who are knowledgable about her vial display of greed when she "took care of" an ill family friend and stole thousands of dollars from her checking account as well as used the friends credit cards to sustain her lifestyle please come forward?

Litsa and Doug you are both pretty despicable. Your greed and selfishness has ripped apart a community, damaged your children as they can't even do a google search without seeing your mug shot come up while in class causing humiliation and trauma. What is wrong with the two of you that you can not have the decency to move away........far far away? Do you not understand that the vengence you have instilled in the community has to to with your stealing and fraudulant behavior, but also that you go about spewing your innocence when all the facts indicate GUILTY? Do your kids a favor, admit your guilt, graciously accept your consequences, get help for you sociopathic behavior and give your kids a new beginning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:17PM

José Diego Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please folks, stop demonizing this innocent
> woman.
>
> Remember, that she is innocent until proven
> guilty. She can have the best lawyer $180,000 can
> buy.


LOL! oh that's rich.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: bunch of freaks ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:34PM

this has become a sport or some sort of entertainment for you navy people

bottom line - you got run

move on, or continue to whine

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Blutto ()
Date: October 18, 2007 12:16AM

I can see where this tub of lard was able to fool the members by using two sets of books. In the business world there are often two books one for the real cost and profits of a business and the other one you show the government.

But in this case if the parents knew there was this large amount of money in the bank then an outside auditor would certainly have been in order. Even a half ass CPA would have picked this deception up right away. Since the organization was a 501 c 3 it should have been easy.

Anytime you are dealing with six figures it isn't chump change. No matter the person, I trust no one that much. I am sure from now on there are safeguards in place. My personal advice from having seen it happen over and over is to always document things where money is concerned. I don't care if it is your spouse, brother, sister whoever. $180,000 is just too much temptaion.

Since it is just too many pages to read was there ever an idea as to what she did with the money?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: hanging judge ()
Date: October 18, 2007 06:44AM

DipShites Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Let it never be said you are known for your
> graceful exits. Are you familiar with the legal
> system? Lawyers will use ANY and ALL tactics to
> assist their clients. If they didn't, they
> wouldn't be doing their job. It is something that
> any lawyer worth his salt would consider.
> Remember, he doesn't need to win on the motion,
> just simply get in the door to make the argument
> and cause a delay.


you seem to have real life and tv's law and order show confused.


you should get a grip on reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 18, 2007 09:06AM

The oldest\no brain-er con in the volunteer donation business is to take the donations and deposit them in a secret account that only the con knows about. The account is never recorded on any books and people giving the donations just assume their donation is going to a correct account.

How many times have you checked to see that a donation went into a correct organization account? Never.

There were some kids years ago who went door to door with an American Lung Association coffee cup saying they were collecting donations. They got about $300. The kids would of kept the money but one of the Mom's found out the scheme and made them return the money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Date: October 18, 2007 11:50PM

Blutto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see where this tub of lard was able to fool
> the members by using two sets of books. In the
> business world there are often two books one for
> the real cost and profits of a business and the
> other one you show the government.
>
> But in this case if the parents knew there was
> this large amount of money in the bank then an
> outside auditor would certainly have been in
> order. Even a half ass CPA would have picked this
> deception up right away. Since the organization
> was a 501 c 3 it should have been easy.
>
> Anytime you are dealing with six figures it isn't
> chump change. No matter the person, I trust no one
> that much. I am sure from now on there are
> safeguards in place. My personal advice from
> having seen it happen over and over is to always
> document things where money is concerned. I don't
> care if it is your spouse, brother, sister
> whoever. $180,000 is just too much temptaion.
>
> Since it is just too many pages to read was there
> ever an idea as to what she did with the money?

Blutto:

Puhleeeeeze. The biggest questions among guys at least surrounding the embezzlement isn't where did the money go, etc., it's what does her husband look like and what kind of drugs did he have in his system when he had sex with her. I say Wally Cox, Truman Capote or Tiny Tim and totally pure whatever is stronger than heroin. Having seen the Queen of Bling-Bling up close and personal (see below) I know what she looks like, but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting that lucky guy. Could someone please ante up with a photo? I told my wife if he looks like Brad Pitt to shoot me and say it was a mercy killing.

Anyway, I work really hard to keep my family fed (just like the original Jed Clampett) so I make enough money to live in the affluent Navy School district. AND, I'm really smart, too, but that's not how I make my money. Hmm, I did give $10/child so I could get a copy of the PTO directory so our children could call their friends to schedule play dates at the worst possible times; maybe I'm only more or less smart.

Since I'm more or less smart it was easy to figure out where the money went. If you were a member of the Fair Oaks Estates swimming pool you could figure it out, as well. On any given weekend day of the Summer (possibly weekdays, too, but I do the Jed Clampett thing during the week) a large mammal resembling a human being would position itself on one of the reclining deck chairs near the diving board. It wore some kind of flowing garment; never could see a swim suit. It was not a pretty sight. There was no fantasizing about your friends' wives at the Fair Oaks Estates pool; you couldn't get past the visual image of the large mammal.

In the parking lot at the end of Summer I told my wife that I didn't want to put the money down next year if I had to look at that again all Summer. She replied, "OK, but she was the PTO President at Navy and you saw her plenty of times there, so what's your problem?" Feeling dizzy, I said, "Are you sh--ting me?" Good thing our sons were inside buying ice cream bars or I would be living life as a divorcee for sure.

So my more or less smart money bets that $178,000 went for those "skimpy" portions from the food section at COSTCO for the large mammal, $1,000 for spa sessions for her offspring (they didn't help) and $1,000 for a fitness trainer for her husband (which he may not need; see above).

Oh, back to reality, since I'm the dumbest parent in the Navy district the really smart parents don't talk to me much, BUT I have heard rumblings that an O.J. Simpson-style civil lawsuit may be waiting for the criminal process to conclude, no matter what the venue is.

Post away; the reading is great entertainment and this story has a long way to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: word ()
Date: October 19, 2007 08:14AM

attempt at humor failed

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 19, 2007 09:11AM

Navy Parent (formerly known as Jed Cl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Puhleeeeeze. The biggest questions among guys at
> least surrounding the embezzlement isn't where did
> the money go, etc., it's what does her husband
> look like and what kind of drugs did he have in
> his system when he had sex with her.


I bet her fleshy folds look and smell like a Gyro.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: The TRUTH!!! ()
Date: October 19, 2007 11:28AM

Can't wait to see the documents after all is said and done. Lots of rumors, assumptions, and what ifs. Hopefully someone will take notes at the prelim. for those not able to make the court house trip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 19, 2007 11:41AM

Is it true that Mr. Mattfeld no longer is employed by AOL or may relocate to NYC?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 19, 2007 12:00PM

Jimmy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it true that Mr. Mattfeld no longer is employed
> by AOL or may relocate to NYC?


Like you will get the truth here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 19, 2007 02:07PM

Max Planck said it best:

It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." --Albert Einstein

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: truth seeker ()
Date: October 19, 2007 04:18PM

Take a look at the pettion going around about redistricting the schools, you can see Litsa and Doug signed it, then all the names around Litsa is all her "old" gang from Navy. Better get a good attorney!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Blutto ()
Date: October 19, 2007 05:57PM

I am going to bet it was gambling. I will also bet that Fairfax County makes up the loss through taxpayer dollars.

Maybe as a way to replace the money they could hold a carnival and let you throw balls at her head for $1.00 each

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Date: October 19, 2007 11:40PM

Thanks for the parental advice. Of course, you are right that there is nothing humorous about Litsa Mattfeld or the crime she committed. Maybe I'll pass it on to my children.

Hide and watch. Litsa and her "gang", maybe even some Navy staff, could need a good attorney when the civil suit hits the docket. Can you say bankruptcy court? A discovery proceeding to examine personal financial records could get very interesting and who knows where that trail might lead. Even the IRS may get interested if they aren't already.

When the hardball starts it will get even less humorous. What is missing from the discussion so far is that Litsa's "apprehension" by law enforcement has provided a forum for people to express that they felt she and her "gang" were scum all along and no parent with any self-respect would even consider actually getting "involved" with her and her "soul-mates", including the ones now running the PTO Board. It is reported that a large turnout for a PTO meeting would be 10 or less parents from a pool of parents of 800 students.

We join to get the PTO Directory and in the naive assumption that some of the funds that are raised will go to "teacher development", whatever the [blank] that is, but this year and onward all we want is the Directory.

I actually wasn't joking about the feeling that $180,000 is not a big deal to parents collectively in the Navy School district. The district is realistically affluent enough to blow that loss off and never look back.

The damage done by Litsa Mattfeld is much more lasting than a loss of money. She created "rampant cynicism". Cynicism that the person at the head of the PTO now is a "soul mate "of Litsa and cynicism that so is everyone else on the PTO Board, and that the Board will always be populated with people like her. Once we get the Directory they won't see another dime from us.

Chill out; humor helps society get past mutants like Litsa Mattfeld and her husband and her "gang".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 21, 2007 05:05PM

It's been a few days since fat Litsa has been at the top of this forum. Just thought I'd move her fat ass back up for some more insight from all you PTA parents who allowed yourselves to get screwed by the so-called "criminal mastermind." I don't know what is worse, Litsa's alleged abuses, the fact that you people took so long to catch it or the way you are ripping each other apart now. Sad. Pathetic. Yet mildly entertaining.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 23, 2007 08:03AM

I don't see how any parents or PTA staff would of known if Litsa was simply taking money, not recording it and depositing it in a fake account.

I guess the only way to stop this extremely easy type of donation fraud would be:

1) To have one PTA member and one third party present to accept donations and make sure they are recorded in a proper account.

2) Have some type of numbered receipt process in place that is verified at the end of the year by an external audit.(But I guess a person could probably fake the receipts)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:36AM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't see how any parents or PTA staff would of
> known if Litsa was simply taking money, not
> recording it and depositing it in a fake account.
>
>
> I guess the only way to stop this extremely easy
> type of donation fraud would be:
>
> 1) To have one PTA member and one third party
> present to accept donations and make sure they are
> recorded in a proper account.
>
> 2) Have some type of numbered receipt process in
> place that is verified at the end of the year by
> an external audit.(But I guess a person could
> probably fake the receipts)


Basic oversight would have taken care of this. Sounds to me like everyone basically washed their hands of the process and left Litsa to her own device. If anyone else was even moderately involved in the process, suspicions should have been raised long before the audit found the problem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 23, 2007 10:22AM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Basic oversight would have taken care of this.
> Sounds to me like everyone basically washed their
> hands of the process and left Litsa to her own
> device. If anyone else was even moderately
> involved in the process, suspicions should have
> been raised long before the audit found the
> problem.

An audit didn't find it, a quick thinking bank employee raised a red flag when Litsa tried to withdrawl money from a PTA account that the bank thought should of been closed. My guess is the bank employee went "Holy shit who missed this PTA account with $180,000 in it? Didn't we just close all the PTA accounts and move the money to PTO accounts?"

What "process" are are you talking about?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2007 12:32PM by Lurker..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Parent ()
Date: October 23, 2007 11:25AM

I'm just a lowly parent. I went back and looked at my cancelled checks for the PTA membership, year book, ice cream social etc for past years.......and on the back of the checks there is an ink stamp:

Deposit Navy PTA....and an account number. That's it. How would any parent know there was a problem?

Does anyone know the Banking Institution and the Bank Account number for the fraudulent account?

I'd be curious to see which account my checks were deposited into.

Do the individuals who wrote checks that Litsa stole have any grounds for suit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 23, 2007 01:38PM

From the Post:
In June, security officers at BB&T bank noticed unusual activity in the old PTA account, Officer Eddy Azcarate said. He said the bank contacted the new PTO officials, who were surprised because they thought the account had been closed.

In late June, the bank contacted police, and detectives from a financial crimes unit took over, Azcarate said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:01PM

Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just a lowly parent. I went back and looked
> at my cancelled checks for the PTA membership,
> year book, ice cream social etc for past
> years.......and on the back of the checks there is
> an ink stamp:
>
> Deposit Navy PTA....and an account number. That's
> it. How would any parent know there was a
> problem?

Uhh, just a guess here genius, but the fact that the check said "PTA" and you were in a "PTO" might be a clue. Please don't tell me you ALL let this go by unnoticed and unchecked. When you write a check to Joe Smith and it is endorsed by Bill Jones, do you get suspicious?

You can see my assertion above as to how this happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 23, 2007 03:01PM

DipShites Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Uhh, just a guess here genius, but the fact that
> the check said "PTA" and you were in a "PTO" might
> be a clue. Please don't tell me you ALL let this
> go by unnoticed and unchecked. When you write a
> check to Joe Smith and it is endorsed by Bill
> Jones, do you get suspicious?
>
> You can see my assertion above as to how this
> happened.

They recently changed over to a PTO, so go figure that she might have one more checks with the old PTA account on it.

What bank and account does the check say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Another parent ()
Date: October 23, 2007 04:34PM

DipShites Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Parent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm just a lowly parent. I went back and
> looked
> > at my cancelled checks for the PTA membership,
> > year book, ice cream social etc for past
> > years.......and on the back of the checks there
> is
> > an ink stamp:
> >
> > Deposit Navy PTA....and an account number.
> That's
> > it. How would any parent know there was a
> > problem?
>
> Uhh, just a guess here genius, but the fact that
> the check said "PTA" and you were in a "PTO" might
> be a clue. Please don't tell me you ALL let this
> go by unnoticed and unchecked. When you write a
> check to Joe Smith and it is endorsed by Bill
> Jones, do you get suspicious?
>
> You can see my assertion above as to how this
> happened.


Listen Dipshites..... FUCK YOU AND YOUR SNIDE COMMENTS.

Navy Elementary had a "PTA" from 2001 - 2006 when all of this happened. Not a PTO. Why don't you take a lesson from yourself and stop making comments when you don't know the facts. When you do this you actually are what your title describes you as being..... a dipshite!

The change FROM a PTA to PTO was Litsa's idea. This happened in the FALL of 2006. This was probably how she was planning to hide her criminal activities, because new accounts had to be opened and she was hoping things would get over looked. (Fortunately, this was indeed, her demise, thank goodness.)

It is my understanding that her strategy was to open more than one PTA account. One for the school and one for herself. Who would know since the statement was coming to her at HER house.

To Parent: One of the many CANCELLED CHECKs that I have shows:

FOR DEPOSIT ONLY
NAVY ES PTA
5139270225

There is also another mark with the following:

055003308 < BB&T #3794
6402 Arlington Blvd. P031
Falls Church, VA 09202004

How would any one know if that IS or IS NOT the correct PTA account or the one that Litsa may have fabricated. I'm sure with the multiple accounts she had MULTIPLE DEPOSIT STAMPS fabricated, too.

From 2004 on....my bank (Bank of America) does not return the cancelled check, but a copy of the front of the check ONLY. There are approximately 10 checks per page on the statement....showing only the front. There is no way to see how the check is endorsed when you get the statement.

Dipshites probably looks at each endorsement signature and deposit account number on each one of his/her cancelled checks. I'm sure he/she would have had plenty of time to catch this criminal with all of his/her free time. But since he/she makes comments without knowing what the hell he/she is talking about...I guess he/she isn't a GENIOUS either......just a Dipshite, per his/her title.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: DipShites ()
Date: October 23, 2007 05:08PM

A Dipshite that didn't get a $180K stolen from right under my nose. LOL!!

Also, very smart putting up Acct #s on an open website. Do you ever wonder why Nigerians ask you for your account numbers? You just gave them one for free.

Be sure to kiss your little ones goodnight with that lovely language, you house shrew!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: § ()
Date: October 23, 2007 05:12PM

In this matter, it seems that failed oversight by BOD equals shared civil liability. They better hope a concerned parent-donor doesn't rally the troops and file a class-action. Without reading the language of the old PTA formation docs, it appears as if this matter would certainly pass right through summary judgment with Litsa as the lead and the BOD as co-defendants. -§

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To Dipshites ()
Date: October 23, 2007 05:37PM

Dipshites,
The old pta accounts have been closed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To Dipshites ()
Date: October 23, 2007 05:45PM

DipShites Wrote:
> you house shrew!

There you go....assuming once again, however incorrectly. Boy you really are a Dipshite.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:31PM

Dipshites why don't you call yourself FattySmellySweaty instead?

Interesting that there are two different accounts. Wow if Litsa used two different rubber stamps to make deposits then she's done for. What an idiot!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: jjj ()
Date: October 23, 2007 10:11PM

"Whatever" Litsa did was enough to cause suspicion with the Bank for them to notify the school and the police. After a financial investigation by the police there was enough evidence to ultimately arrest and charge her with felony embezzlement. $180,000 is quite a large amount. I'm sure the full details of what happened and the evidence won't come out until the court hearing.

The people who do know what happened are having to be mum on the subject at the investigator's request due to the pending court hearing. Litsa is the only one charged.

Mark your calendars for January 7, 2008.....to see the "true Hollywood story"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: extra help ()
Date: October 24, 2007 06:34AM

Re: high school redistricting
Posted by: truth seeker (IP Logged)
Date: October 23, 2007 09:48PM


NAVY PARENTS _ GET OUT AND VOTE TAKE CARE OF THIS ISSUE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

Fact - just came from a community meeting regarding this HOT topic, the first and most important thing that the voters from CHANTILLY/OAKTON/WESTFIELD/HERNDON can do is get out the flyers available from:

www.StopRD.org

the candidates have all been polled and this group has the answers the candidates provided and how they will vote when this comes before them in january. Please vist this web site for all the information you will need, it will give you fact not fiction. What ever your reason for not wanting redistricting this group will provide you with the inforation you need. What you HAVE to do is get out and vote.

Now my side, GOOD BYE STU, GOOD BYE KATHY, we learned so much tonight thank you StopRD.org for your valuable information. Pick up a stack of flyers(they are already made) they have thousands available for your district, bring them to your home football game Friday night and cover the windshields of all the cars. Have the kids do it they even have a form that authorizes this as community service for the kids!! WESTFIELD @ OAKTON this Friday pick up the flyers and you can get "two birds with one stone" at the game. When it comes to this issue there is no loser at the football game as long as every car is given a flyer.

LITZENBERGER - sully
Braunlich - at large
Costantine - at large
Raney - at large

VOTE NOVEMBER 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy ()
Date: October 24, 2007 07:16AM

Don't you have to pay dues to be part of National PTA and if you did NOT pay the dues than you are not governed by their regulations, insurance, or restrictions? DO you think Mrs. M. paid the dues? NO! AND why did we jump around from fundraiser to fundraiser company, year to year. Because Navy had not PAID their bill so Navy could not go back to the same company.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: MCA ()
Date: October 24, 2007 07:21AM

jjj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mark your calendars for January 7, 2008.....to see
> the "true Hollywood story"


Great, we get to hear about this for months to come. I'm so sick of this topic... Who cares, some fat bitch made off with your cash. Oh well bummer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: October 24, 2007 11:12AM

MCA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jjj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mark your calendars for January 7, 2008.....to
> see
> > the "true Hollywood story"
>
>
> Great, we get to hear about this for months to
> come. I'm so sick of this topic... Who cares, some
> fat bitch made off with your cash. Oh well bummer.


Don't worry about it. Her lawyer will cut a deal long before a judge ever hears this. That's what the delay is about. Her lawyer is working a deal with the DA to prevent further embarrassment for his client. She will get a deferred sentence and probation. In five years this won't be on her record at all. These people are going to be SOOO pissed when that happens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: October 24, 2007 05:46PM

the Commonwealth Attorney of Virginia is an elected official


call or write to the commonwealth attoreys office and let them that YOU do not want Litsa to plea to a lesser charge.


Ray Morrough 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 123 Fairfax, VA 22030-4047 (703) 246-2776


The Commonwealth’s Attorney is not required to practice civil law or advise or
represent the county or city officials, agencies, departments, or boards. The duty of
the Commonwealth’s Attorney involves the enforcement of criminal law: • Prosecution of all felony warrants and indictments; and • Payment of delinquent fines, fees, costs, forfeitures, penalties and restitution.
A discretionary duty of Commonwealth’s Attorneys is the prosecution of Class 1, 2,
and 3 misdemeanors that may carry a penalty of confinement or fine up to $500 or
more.


BTW Nov 6 we get to vote for a new commonwealth attorney


taker a look at this guys web site to see what been going on in our courts.....


http://mcdadeforca.com/Pages/getNewsSeptember.html



and this...

http://masonconservative.typepad.com/the_mason_conservative/2007/06/why_you_should_.html

UNDER BOB HORAN AND RAY MORROUGH, ONLY 28% OF FELONIES IN FAIRFAX COUNTY ARE BROUGHT TO PROSECUTION, THE WORST IN THE COMMONWEALTH!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: innocenttillprovenguilty ()
Date: October 24, 2007 09:42PM

She will have her day in court, where a jury of her peers will determine her guilt or innocence until then, lets remember that the bill of rights clearly states the rights of the accused. She may be guilty, she may be innocent. Until then, as the commercial says, "don't judge too quickly".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: October 24, 2007 10:11PM

You mean like OJ was innocent of Killing Nicole and Ron Goldman?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: The TRUTH!!! ()
Date: October 25, 2007 06:37AM

Nice fairy tale. Easter Bunny is going to lock her up. Rock solid guilty! ON REAL facts, ladies and gentlemen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: S/N ratio improvement ()
Date: October 25, 2007 07:46AM

Jester Wrote:
> Interesting that there are two different accounts.
> Wow if Litsa used two different rubber stamps to
> make deposits then she's done for. What an idiot!

One of those is a routing number, not a bank account, I believe. ("Routing number" == "bank number" -- think "IP address" vs. "hostname", if that helps.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: October 25, 2007 01:37PM

It sounds like this gal allegedly set up two different bank accounts for the same organization. She deposited some checks into the official account, which she probably needed two signatures to write a check from, and some in the other account, from which she probably wrote checks to herself.

The interesting thing is she had to have had some sort of ID number for that second account. If she used the tax number for the PTA, she could be guilty of tax evasion on two fronts - both personally and as head of the PTA since she most likely didn't report ALL of the interest income from the two accounts because it would have tipped everyone off to the fact there were two accounts in the first place.

If you PTA/PTO folks really want to get after this gal, I would suggest you get an auditor to go through the records of both bank accounts, as well as the tax receipts from the banks. If it turns out that she was under-reporting taxes, turn the audit over to the IRS to follow-up on. It may be the only way she pays something for her supposed crime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********        **   ******   **     **  **     ** 
    **           **  **    **  **     **  **     ** 
    **           **  **        **     **  **     ** 
    **           **  **        *********  **     ** 
    **     **    **  **        **     **   **   **  
    **     **    **  **    **  **     **    ** **   
    **      ******    ******   **     **     ***    
This forum powered by Phorum.