HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213AllNext
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 21, 2008 08:25AM

Thank you! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Navy - starting to feel like the store that was
> robbed and blaimed for leaving the expensive items
> out in the open for her to steal.


More like the car owner who left the car unlocked and the keys in the ignition. The criminal did the crime, but apparently locking the car was too much of a hassle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Hearing Date 1/23 ()
Date: January 22, 2008 11:16PM

Is there another hearing tomorrow 1/23 for Litsa? As I recall this date was set aside at the preliminary hearing.

What is this next hearing about? Is this another 2 minute deal? Anyone get the scoop from the prosecutor as to what this will be about?

Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:50AM

Pretty sure today is the date for her next hearing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Court Reporter ()
Date: January 23, 2008 12:54PM

Plea date set for March 4, 2008. Actual time not yet set.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: More Info ?? ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:44PM

Court Reporter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plea date set for March 4, 2008. Actual time not
> yet set.


What happened in today's court hearing besides setting the date for the plea?
Was there any testimony from the detective or argument by the prosecutor?

Just curious about the details if there were any.

Thanks for sharing.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: More Info? ()
Date: January 24, 2008 05:17PM

What happened at the court hearing besides setting the date for the plea?
Was there any testimony from the detective or argument by the prosecutor?

Just curious about the details if there were any.
Thanks for sharing.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:47PM

Basically the hearing yesterday was a confirmation that a Grand Jury thinks there's enough evidence to try and convict. Not a good sign for Litsa.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Middle Class Parent ()
Date: January 25, 2008 04:29PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bandwagon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Facts where are you? Facts which hopefully
> will
> > be made public after the final judgement. I
> can
> > tell from your response you do not even have a
> > first clue let alone a second regarding this
> case.
> > Pity.
>
>
> Fact - Litsa allegedly took the Navy PTA to the
> cleaners for $180K over several years.
>
> Fact - Navy PTA had elected officers and a Finance
> Committee that should have caught this but
> didn't.
>
> Fact - It took a bank employee to pick up on the
> irregularities, not the people with the supposed
> "GUTS."
>
> Fact - For this kind of thing to happen it takes
> enablers - either in the form of people who
> knowingly participated or, more likely in this
> case, people who simply were incompetent, gullible
> or indifferent when it came to the alleged
> crimes.
>
> Fact - Whatever ends up happening with Litsa, it
> won't be enough to satisfy you folks because you
> are embarrassed you have supposedly been had by
> someone of Litsa's "class."

You're right, it's embarrassing to have been had by someone who is lower than whale manure on the bottom of any ocean. It's a great learning opportunity, though, for our children. We get to show our children that we can observe a slimy, remorseless swine of a person and still allow them to be the President of the PTA. It's not against the law to be "trash"; it is against the law to embezzle money. Now that I think about it, being so fat that it's impossible to determine if you're "Coyote Ugly" should be against the law. I'm lobbying for the maximum sentence anywhere I can do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 26, 2008 06:25PM

Middle Class Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> You're right, it's embarrassing to have been had
> by someone who is lower than whale manure on the
> bottom of any ocean. It's a great learning
> opportunity, though, for our children. We get to
> show our children that we can observe a slimy,
> remorseless swine of a person and still allow them
> to be the President of the PTA. It's not against
> the law to be "trash"; it is against the law to
> embezzle money. Now that I think about it, being
> so fat that it's impossible to determine if you're
> "Coyote Ugly" should be against the law. I'm
> lobbying for the maximum sentence anywhere I can
> do it.

You kind of missed my point. The point is the level of outrage is tied to people allegedly being duped by someone as lowly as Litsa. If she had been a CPA working at a tech firm, the level of outrage would be less because people would have thought they were outsmarted by someone who was intelligent. Instead, Litsa, who is kind of close to trailer trash based on the descriptions here, has allegedly pulled the wool over the eyes of people who thought they were pretty damn special when, in fact, they aren't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Dr. Navy ()
Date: January 26, 2008 09:46PM

WashingTonLocian you are an outsider and have no idea what you are talking about regarding Navy Elementary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 27, 2008 12:37PM

Dr. Navy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTonLocian you are an outsider and have no
> idea what you are talking about regarding Navy
> Elementary.


I know how Fairfax County social climbers think. They are all the same and I am right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: No Broad Strokes Please ()
Date: January 27, 2008 09:57PM

Not everyone is a social climber. There are families at Navy, with two parents working, who are struggling to make ends meet, volunteering their time at school as often as possible. These same families were thankful that those who had the time (not working 2 jobs to make ends meet) were able to step up and take a more active role in the PTA.

No one could have imagined that such a criminal was lurking and preying upon the school. Who could have imagined the amount of money that was being collected....and even more so, the amount of money being stolen by Litsa. As a parent who volunteered when I could, but had no position of responsibility on the board, I couldn't have been more shocked and saddened. Most, if not all of the families at Navy, were shocked.

Washingtonelocian, perhaps you are right about some families in Fairfax County, but not all of the families at Navy. Some of us came from very humble beginnings and still work to ensure the qualities of respect, honesty, integrity, and community service are instilled in our children.....be sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: comeon ()
Date: January 28, 2008 06:06AM

oh please, you know that navy is filled with a bunch of social climbers who think they are god's gifts to the universe and that the school should do everything for them and their kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Middle Class Parent ()
Date: January 28, 2008 01:03PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Middle Class Parent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > You're right, it's embarrassing to have been
> had
> > by someone who is lower than whale manure on
> the
> > bottom of any ocean. It's a great learning
> > opportunity, though, for our children. We get
> to
> > show our children that we can observe a slimy,
> > remorseless swine of a person and still allow
> them
> > to be the President of the PTA. It's not
> against
> > the law to be "trash"; it is against the law to
> > embezzle money. Now that I think about it,
> being
> > so fat that it's impossible to determine if
> you're
> > "Coyote Ugly" should be against the law. I'm
> > lobbying for the maximum sentence anywhere I
> can
> > do it.
>
> You kind of missed my point. The point is the
> level of outrage is tied to people allegedly being
> duped by someone as lowly as Litsa. If she had
> been a CPA working at a tech firm, the level of
> outrage would be less because people would have
> thought they were outsmarted by someone who was
> intelligent. Instead, Litsa, who is kind of close
> to trailer trash based on the descriptions here,
> has allegedly pulled the wool over the eyes of
> people who thought they were pretty damn special
> when, in fact, they aren't.

Believe it or not, I agree with you that I may have missed your point. You should realize by now that the emotions associated with this issue sometimes overcome reasoning. Actually, before the embezzlement became public, no one knew much or had the time in their day to think Litsa was trailer trash or anything else. We saw her a couple of times around the school and at a few PTA functions and I don't see how anyone with only indirect contact with her could assess her income level or social status or would even care.

The outrage has occurred after the crime occurred; parents at Navy weren't sitting around sniping about Litsa or the PTA. Fund raisers came up, you gave money supposedly to be used for the benefit of students and teachers. This is no different at the most affluent or the least affluent elementary schools in Fairfax County. It's a normal parent expectation; it has nothing to do with Navy parents being social climbers or not. Any group of parents would be outraged and logically Navy parents are outraged.

Making it worse is a lot of hearsay, maybe true, maybe not, saying that Litsa committed similar transgressions in the past and that she is walking the halls of Chantilly High School looking for new opportunities to be around cash collections, showing no remorse whatsoever.

And if I'm doing social climbing it should feel a lot better than I do at the end of a day. Further to the point, if even a small group of outraged Navy parents were wealthy, social climbers a separate lawsuit could be filed that could force Litsa & her husband to file bankruptcy and pay back at least more than the $50/month that some people have estimated will be the punishment.

As I said before, Litsa doesn't even qualify to be a rodent on any Navy parent's radar screen. It's normal to want to get the money back to the PTA, so it can be used for the purpose originally intended. Until I get wealthy and can do the social climbing thing, maybe never, I like feeling normal and all the Navy parents I know are simply normal. If we keep working hard we should be able to start the social climbing thing about the time we are eligible for Social Security.

I want her penalized to the fullest extent of the law and as much money extracted from her as society can possibly get. That would be normal; it has nothing to do with Fairfax County or social climbing.

I got your point and it would be valid if your description fit the majority of Navy parents, but it doesn't. Thank you for causing me to reflect on why I am so outraged.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: January 28, 2008 02:59PM

Social climbing isn't a crime, embezzling is. Like any other group of busy parents in any community, we would like to and need to trust our community volunteers. Every community is built on trust, and the "watch dogs" can only do so much. A determined hustler can find victims anywhere - volunteer organizations like churches, home owners associations, and PTAs are especially vulnerable. Everyone was shocked to learn of a wolf in sheep's clothing in our midst. Is it embarrassing to be scammed? Yes. Did we deserve it more because our community is wealthier on average? No. Sour grapes don't make Litsa's crimes any less repugnant - she stole from rich and poor alike in our community.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 28, 2008 03:44PM

"As I said before, Litsa doesn't even qualify to be a rodent on any Navy parent's radar screen."

"Did we deserve it more because our community is wealthier on average? No."

No, no, class has nothing to do with the level of outrage...right.

Every community may be built on trust, but every nonprofit is supposed to have steps in place to make sure the wolves in sheep's clothing don't fleece the flock. Otherwise, why bother having committees, tax filings, etc. Embezzling is a crime. But expecting someone else - anyone else - to do due diligence without doing your homework is a shame.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: January 28, 2008 04:44PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every community may be built on trust, but every
> nonprofit is supposed to have steps in place to
> make sure the wolves in sheep's clothing don't
> fleece the flock. Otherwise, why bother having
> committees, tax filings, etc. Embezzling is a
> crime. But expecting someone else - anyone else -
> to do due diligence without doing your homework is
> a shame.

I don't think any parent or volunteer (not on the board) knew how much money was really being collected. As a parent with children who attend Navy and working 2 jobs to make ends meet, I didn't have time to know. When folks step up to take the volunteer board positions, is there a class they have to take? I don't think so. Most of the volunteers were Moms who did the best they "knew" how to do. We are all a lot more educated now, certainly, even if it was in a painful way.

It is sad about the shadow that Litsa has left over the folks who genuinely step up and want to truly help make our school a better place. She has left such a bad taste in everyone's mouths. Hopefully, families will participate more and use their voice as to how donations and dollars are used in the future. I know the current PTO (who took on the job before they knew a crime was committed) is doing everything possible to keep this from happening again. Perhaps that will be one of the good things to come out of all this.

The current PTO, who officially represents the families and teachers at the school, should take the lead in making sure that a judgment is filed against Litsa when all is said and done. (We all know how she is going to plea.) I know they want to focus on the future, and that is great, but we owe it to the people who come after us to make sure Litsa is not able to take advantage of others again. (A felony conviction of "embezzlement over $200"....even if it is 2 counts, does not do justice to what really happened.)

She needs a $180,000 judgment on her public record and credit report that will follow her until it is satisfied....which will probably be never....but at least any employer, school, or other group won't have to get the court records to know the true amount of this travesty. The unfortunate thing is that you can't put a price on how this has affected the trust in the community.

It might be early to ask now, and I know you have been through a lot... but please....PTO, do this to protect any other organization that might come in contact with Litsa in the future. There are those in the community who will help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 28, 2008 07:10PM

"The current PTO, who officially represents the families and teachers at the school, should take the lead in making sure that a judgment is filed against Litsa when all is said and done."

The PTA did such a good time last time, so it only makes sense to trust the PTO.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't YOU take the lead and file a judgment?

Once again you are only to happy to dump this off on somebody else and assume something will be done correctly. No wonder you guys got ripped off.

(Oh, and stop with the "we're just dumb moms" routine. Please. You are adults who went to school and who should know better than to plead "stupid" by gender. It's insulting to everyone who reads it.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To Washingtonelocian ()
Date: January 28, 2008 08:34PM

You seem like such a nasty, angry person. Why??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: January 28, 2008 08:44PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, I have an idea. Why don't YOU take the lead
> and file a judgment?


If the PTO does not....I probably will.

In fact, wouldn't it be something if all 800 families filed their own suit?

But, the current PTO seems to be doing a good job of handling current issues in spite of the devistation that Litsa left behind. They do represent the Parents and Teachers who are members of the current PTO, however. I think it would be a better, more focused effort if we all got together under one umbrella and it would probably would be a more effective use of the courts time, dontcha think?

The previous post asks a good question, what made you such an angry and nasty sounding person? My heart goes out to you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: January 29, 2008 08:47AM

Yes, it would be great if all volunteers did their jobs to the Nth degree. But the fact is, most people don't do even their paid jobs to the Nth degree, witness red-faced auditors at Bank Societe Generale this week, with $7.2 BILLION in missed trading losses. Yes, controls need to be in place and executed well, but a determined insider who knows the system (like Litsa did) will always find a way around controls. That's why our society needs to work it from both ends - do our best to track and control, but also PUNISH when these systems fail. Litsa deserves to pay, and our society needs to recognize these are NOT victimless crimes - and punish accordingly. Otherwise we will continue to get more of the same - and any community could be next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: What a waste ()
Date: January 29, 2008 09:27AM

This board has become such a waste of internet usage. You have all talked about what you were going to do, there have been 3-4 hearings and 99.9% of you didn't attend. All that super sluething and amatuer police work has proved as useless as I thought it would be. Quit crying and whining, and take Washintonelocian advice and take some real action, file a judgement, write the DA, attend a hearing, whatever it takes, but quit playing the poor victim and feeling sorry for yourselves!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 29, 2008 09:54AM

To Washingtonelocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You seem like such a nasty, angry person. Why??


I'm not nasty or angry. I'm pointing out certain truths. You folks want somebody else to do your job for you. Nobody seemed to have had the guts to stand up to Litsa when she was at the Navy PTA. Even worse, none of you seem to be talking to the folks at CYA and Chantilly High to warn them about Litsa's alleged activities now. All you do is come on here and complain about Litsa and then, as another poster mentioned, DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.

If it is this important to you, go to a hearing. Contact the DA, etc. But don't sit here and bitch anonymously about this situation and feel like you are actually being productive or helpful. You aren't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 29, 2008 09:57AM

Navy Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey, I have an idea. Why don't YOU take the
> lead
> > and file a judgment?
>
>
> If the PTO does not....I probably will.
>

I highly doubt it. You didn't do due diligence in the first place, you won't now.

> In fact, wouldn't it be something if all 800
> families filed their own suit?
>

I would be surprised if one did.

> But, the current PTO seems to be doing a good job
> of handling current issues in spite of the
> devistation that Litsa left behind.

I'm sure the PTA seemed to be doing a good job before.

They do
> represent the Parents and Teachers who are members
> of the current PTO, however. I think it would be
> a better, more focused effort if we all got
> together under one umbrella and it would probably
> would be a more effective use of the courts time,
> dontcha think?
>

I do think. Why don't you organize it, per my previous post, instead of complaining anonymously about Litsa?

> The previous post asks a good question, what made
> you such an angry and nasty sounding person? My
> heart goes out to you.

Maybe your heart should go out to the people at CYA and Chantilly High. Why don't you and your buddies at Navy make some phone calls and warn people? Go out on a limb, if you believe what you say about Litsa.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: To Washingtonlocian ()
Date: January 29, 2008 07:33PM

Sorry....but you are sooooo uninformed.

The criminal case is in process. Patience. Don't want to show all of our cards at this point.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 29, 2008 07:49PM

To Washingtonlocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry....but you are sooooo uninformed.
>
> The criminal case is in process. Patience. Don't
> want to show all of our cards at this point.


You are working for the Prosecution now? Odds are the Prosecutor's office will lay everything on the table in order to get a plea deal. There are no surprises in a courtroom like on Perry Mason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Court? ()
Date: February 12, 2008 08:35AM

When is the next court date? It is during Navy's Spring Break?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Court Date ()
Date: February 17, 2008 01:59PM

I think it is March 4....can anyone confirm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Confirmed!! ()
Date: February 17, 2008 02:24PM

I can confirm that Litsa is fat and ugly and stole 180,000 for idiots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Confirmed ()
Date: February 17, 2008 02:24PM

Excuse me....FROM idiots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: March 4 ()
Date: February 17, 2008 02:35PM

It is either March 4 or March 8

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Another Lurker ()
Date: February 18, 2008 07:16PM

March 4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is either March 4 or March 8

Since March 8 is a Saturday, I'm guessing that isn't it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: latest white collar crime! ()
Date: February 21, 2008 04:41PM

The priest in Louisa County embezzled $591K received the maximum 63 months prison time and ordered to pay back every dime. Embezzlement took place over 5 year period. "systematically, over five years"

His attorney requested leniency because of heart issues and stress.

Ha! Sound familiar. Can only hope Litsa has the same judge. 10 months per 100K. 20 months for Litsa!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Too Bad ()
Date: February 21, 2008 04:50PM

latest white collar crime! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The priest in Louisa County embezzled $591K
> received the maximum 63 months prison time and
> ordered to pay back every dime. Embezzlement took
> place over 5 year period. "systematically, over
> five years"
>
> His attorney requested leniency because of heart
> issues and stress.
>
> Ha! Sound familiar. Can only hope Litsa has the
> same judge. 10 months per 100K. 20 months for
> Litsa!


I hate to rain on your parade, but the two cases are not even comparable. The priest was sentenced in FEDERAL court, Litsa is facing charges in STATE court. Additionally, the two faced different charges. The priest was charged with wire fraud, not just embezzlement. She certainly won't get the same judge as he is a FEDERAL judge. Another poster above mentioned what defendents in FFX get for embezzlement. That is more of an indicator of what Litsa will get, not the priest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: just a comparison ()
Date: February 21, 2008 06:21PM

Only pointing out white collar crimes attract longer sentences and penalties. I was not giving a detail exact comparison. Did not intend to draw out a full diagram. Not holding my breath for a parade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Too Bad ()
Date: February 21, 2008 09:58PM

just a comparison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only pointing out white collar crimes attract
> longer sentences and penalties. I was not giving
> a detail exact comparison. Did not intend to draw
> out a full diagram. Not holding my breath for a
> parade.

I disagree. As a previous poster pointed out, there were two recent high profile embezzling cases in the county and both defendants got off pretty easy:

1. Fr. Salvator Ciullo, a priest of the Arlington, Va., diocese, received a five-year sentence for embezzling funds from two diocesan parishes, but the sentence was suspended on the condition the priest pay restitution and successfully complete two years of supervised probation. Ciullo, 71, has agreed to repay more than $1.1 million to the diocese.

2. Robert M. Short, 39, of Arlington admitted in April that in 2003 he had written checks to himself totaling $439,006 from the law firm of Trapeni, Romero & Morrison, where he was renting space, and that he deposited all but $3,000 in the trust account he used in his capacity as a lawyer. He also acknowledged illegally taking $63,709 that he had either gotten from clients as fees or received from people to be paid to clients. Fairfax Circuit Court Judge Leslie Alden in June sentenced Short to only four months in jail for the embezzlement. She also ordered him to make restitution of $245,000, at a rate of $50 a month.

I think this is "just a BETTER comparison."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: February 22, 2008 09:27AM

Too Bad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just a comparison Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Only pointing out white collar crimes attract
> > longer sentences and penalties. I was not
> giving
> > a detail exact comparison. Did not intend to
> draw
> > out a full diagram. Not holding my breath for
> a
> > parade.
>
> I disagree. As a previous poster pointed out,
> there were two recent high profile embezzling
> cases in the county and both defendants got off
> pretty easy:
>
> 1. Fr. Salvator Ciullo, a priest of the Arlington,
> Va., diocese, received a five-year sentence for
> embezzling funds from two diocesan parishes, but
> the sentence was suspended on the condition the
> priest pay restitution and successfully complete
> two years of supervised probation. Ciullo, 71, has
> agreed to repay more than $1.1 million to the
> diocese.
>
> 2. Robert M. Short, 39, of Arlington admitted in
> April that in 2003 he had written checks to
> himself totaling $439,006 from the law firm of
> Trapeni, Romero & Morrison, where he was renting
> space, and that he deposited all but $3,000 in the
> trust account he used in his capacity as a lawyer.
> He also acknowledged illegally taking $63,709 that
> he had either gotten from clients as fees or
> received from people to be paid to clients.
> Fairfax Circuit Court Judge Leslie Alden in June
> sentenced Short to only four months in jail for
> the embezzlement. She also ordered him to make
> restitution of $245,000, at a rate of $50 a month.
>
>
> I think this is "just a BETTER comparison."

Actually, these aren't great comparisons for two important reasons:

1. Litsa allegedly embezzled a lot less money.

2. Litsa could persuasively argue that most of her expenses were related to her role overseeing the PTA. The PTA members may not like how the money was spent, but there is a distinction to be made between embezzlement and poor money management. The fact that there was apparently little or no oversight of the funds could support either scenario.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Too Bad ()
Date: February 22, 2008 09:47AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, these aren't great comparisons for two
> important reasons:
>
> 1. Litsa allegedly embezzled a lot less money.
>
> 2. Litsa could persuasively argue that most of her
> expenses were related to her role overseeing the
> PTA. The PTA members may not like how the money
> was spent, but there is a distinction to be made
> between embezzlement and poor money management.
> The fact that there was apparently little or no
> oversight of the funds could support either
> scenario.

Good points. I was simply pointing out two cases in the same court system, in the same jurisdiction, and with the same underlying charges where the defendants received far less prison time than the priest in Louisa County. The main point was to supprt the premise that Mrs. Mattfeld will serve little, if any, time in prison and will have a paltry restitution schedule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: both noted ()
Date: February 22, 2008 10:55AM

I will go with alledgedly, because we have not seen the evidence with our own eyes. But I think 180K is a low number and she could potentially have been convicted of additional funds. 30K a year in expenses? An exec for a corporate company.

Fraudualent to one's own use, Lets just say she "did" have expenses for 180K for her volunteer position. What? gas, cell phone, wear and tear on her car, rent. "If" Navy spend 180K and she was reimbursed, on WHAT? Gold statue? Navy parents paid for every event their kids went too, participated in three fundraisers per year, paid for field trips, paid for classroom parties, donated to "sick" teachers funds, paid for teachers gifts, Can't wait to see the official records after this trial is over. I am sure the request for funds has reduced since Litsa has left? Am I correct...

Little or no oversight? So Litsa automatically can take the money? and use it as Litsa choose too? Because no one asking questions. Sounds like a lawyer reading between the lines to spring their client. Or the accused criminal justifying theft. Strictly an opinion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: February 22, 2008 12:29PM

Little or no oversight in terms of Litsa being given no parameters by the board in terms of what could and couldn't be expensed on behalf of the PTA. Does she have receipts that show she used the funds to help subsidize the field trips, classroom parties, teacher's gifts, etc? Probably not. But are their receipts that show she used those funds for personal expenses? I don't know. Everything I have read here, and I don't know the woman at all, indicates she wasn't living beyond her means.

I think it could be hard for prosecutors to prove malicious intent, especially if there are some clueless dupes at the Navy PTA who will stand up for her. You can't convict the woman for incompetence, and that may be what her lawyers plead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: February 23, 2008 04:30PM

LOL, the problem is that she was caught trying to withdrawal money out of a PTO account that wasn't suppose to exist. How does she explain that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: February 23, 2008 05:18PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL, the problem is that she was caught trying to
> withdrawal money out of a PTO account that wasn't
> suppose to exist. How does she explain that?


Given that there appeared to be little oversight, it is totally plausible that Litsa wasn't informed of the account change and she was trying to access the funds for a PTA-related expense. I'm not saying that is what happened. I'm saying that is a BS line of defense she might try to get away with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: dont forget ()
Date: February 26, 2008 01:21PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too Bad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >>
> 1. Litsa allegedly embezzled a lot less money.
>
> 2. Litsa could persuasively argue that most of her
> expenses were related to her role overseeing the
> PTA. The PTA members may not like how the money
> was spent, but there is a distinction to be made
> between embezzlement and poor money management.
> The fact that there was apparently little or no
> oversight of the funds could support either
> scenario.

How will the thief explain accessing funds AFTER she was out of office? She is conniving but I am confident the justice system will prevail and she will get her well deserved jail time and have to repay. She is a vile person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:06PM

Bets on Litsa's trial tomorrow?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: get it right ()
Date: March 02, 2008 09:06PM

Her hearing is Tuesday at 10am.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Location?? Court Room? ()
Date: March 02, 2008 11:17PM

Tuesday at 10 am........ but what court room ?

Is the Circuit Court at the same location off of Main Street as the District Court?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:40AM

So I am assuming that there will be a lot of Navy PTA parents there. I imagine we will have all kinds of updates tomorrow afternoon. Is this a correct assumption? Or are there going to be a bunch of no-shows like before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: March 03, 2008 05:07PM

Looks like we find out tomorrow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Court Hearing Today 10am ()
Date: March 04, 2008 08:05AM

Litsa's plea hearing is today at 10 am in court room 5E.

The grand jury has charged her. She is expected to plead guilty to the two felony embezzlement counts under the condition that no additional charges will be brought.

There is no plea agreement on the sentencing and restitution. The sentencing hearing date will be determined during today's hearing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 04, 2008 09:19AM

Court Hearing Today 10am Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Litsa's plea hearing is today at 10 am in court
> room 5E.
>
> The grand jury has charged her. She is expected
> to plead guilty to the two felony embezzlement
> counts under the condition that no additional
> charges will be brought.
>
> There is no plea agreement on the sentencing and
> restitution. The sentencing hearing date will be
> determined during today's hearing.


What do you mean she is pleading guilty to two felony charges with no plea agreement on sentencing? I find that very hard to believe. Is she throwing herself on the mercy of the court??? (Hope she doesn't crush it).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Guilty - Guilty - Guilty ()
Date: March 04, 2008 11:49AM

Litsa plead guilty to both counts of embezzlement.

The sentencing hearing is set for May 30

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:22PM

Guilty - Guilty - Guilty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Litsa plead guilty to both counts of
> embezzlement.
>
> The sentencing hearing is set for May 30


They may be saying there is no plea deal, but I would venture to guess there must be a plea deal.

Well, at least I can stop using the term "allegedly."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: March 04, 2008 02:35PM

Guilty - Guilty - Guilty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Litsa plead guilty to both counts of
> embezzlement.
>
> The sentencing hearing is set for May 30

It will be interesting to see what the sentence is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: only agreement ()
Date: March 04, 2008 04:12PM

The only agreement is that Litsa plead guilty to two felony counts and the rest would not be brought up. The Commonwealth's Attorney could have charged her with several felony counts. A felony count is one check over $200.

At this time, there is no agreement to jail time or restitution payment. It is all open and up to the sentencing judge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Judge took notes ()
Date: March 04, 2008 05:41PM

The judge was very busy taking notes during the prosecutor's statement of the evidence. The great thing is that the full $180,000 embezzled amount was in the statement, showing the full impact of what could be documented by the forensic accounting detective.

The commonwealth agreed to not seek additional felony charges provided Litsa plead guilty to the two charges that were brought. That is the plea arrangement.

She did plead Guilty to both charges. She will not be able to appeal. She faces 1-20 years for each count. The judge explained in great detail what the possibilities were in sentencing.

There is currently no plea agreement affecting the sentencing. This will be at the discretion of the judge.

Litsa agreed to pay restitution, however, the amount has not been agreed to by the prosecutor or her attorney.

If this detail is not agreed to by May 30, then a restitution hearing will be held during the same time as the sentencing hearing. The prosecution was told to have their witnesses ready May 30.

Litsa was told to meet with the parole board before she left the building.

Mark your calendars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Judge Judy ()
Date: March 04, 2008 08:36PM

Judge took notes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

Excerpt of Judge's notes:

My God. This woman is immense!! Holy Christ! I'm surprised she hasn't had a heart attack yet! And that smell!!! Is that coming from her?? It smells like ASS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:01PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dr. Navy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTonLocian you are an outsider and have
> no
> > idea what you are talking about regarding Navy
> > Elementary.
>
>
> I know how Fairfax County social climbers think.
> They are all the same and I am right.



social climbers in fairfax county?

give me a break.


there isn't even a social scene in this area of Fairfax County... especially at Navy school



seriously, most of the women here are into their families and friends.

there are a few petty, shallow women, sure... but they are only "popular" in their own minds.

no one pays much attention to them or to their obnoxious kids.

so, washingtonian, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: March 07, 2008 10:47AM

No social scene in Northern Va? Apparently you haven't been hanging out at the Country Clubs with the bored housewives.

There is a HUGE social scene in Northern Va. Hangout with business owners, area CEO's and Washington politicians that have houses in Northern Va and you'll see all the women comparing their cars and wedding rings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: AbsolutelyRight ()
Date: March 07, 2008 05:46PM

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No social scene in Northern Va? Apparently you
> haven't been hanging out at the Country Clubs with
> the bored housewives.
>
> There is a HUGE social scene in Northern Va.
> Hangout with business owners, area CEO's and
> Washington politicians that have houses in
> Northern Va and you'll see all the women comparing
> their cars and wedding rings.

You are absolutely right. And the Navy area has one of the biggest groups of these parents! Maybe that's why that other poster is named herself "former navy mom". She didn't make it on the social scene. And don't believe that no one pays attention to their kids, because that's actually the group of kids that gets everything they want, especially at school and in sports.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: former navy mom ()
Date: March 08, 2008 06:00AM

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No social scene in Northern Va? Apparently you
> haven't been hanging out at the Country Clubs with
> the bored housewives.
>
> There is a HUGE social scene in Northern Va.
> Hangout with business owners, area CEO's and
> Washington politicians that have houses in
> Northern Va and you'll see all the women comparing
> their cars and wedding rings.


are YOU hanging out with bored housewives at country clubs?


it's obvious that you don't know this area at all nor do you know what a social climber is.


Navy school isn't in McClean.




there is one halfway decent country club in the area, and it's hardly elitist.



If anything, this area's so called "rich" would be considered middle class in McClean.



and as for you AbsolutelyRight, I am a former navy mom because my kids went on to middle school.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Smarter than a 5th grader? ()
Date: March 13, 2008 08:16PM

McClean = McLean

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Viper ()
Date: March 13, 2008 08:37PM

Former Navy Mom,

If you think there is only one Northern Virginia Country Club and it's in McLean you are sadly mistaken. I take it you moved to this area and didn't grow up here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Curious ()
Date: April 03, 2008 03:10PM

How are her children doing??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Sad But True ()
Date: April 03, 2008 03:37PM

Curious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How are her children doing??


Fat Boys

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: update ()
Date: April 16, 2008 10:41PM

any update on sentencing or pleas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Sentencing Hearing May 30 ()
Date: April 17, 2008 06:27AM

The sentencing hearing is currently scheduled for MAY 30.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: LitsaM ()
Date: April 23, 2008 05:54PM

Has everyone forgotten about me yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 23, 2008 07:29PM

> > > Has everyone forgotten about me yet?
Attachments:
LITSA_BLIMP.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: LitsaM ()
Date: April 25, 2008 02:38PM

I want to stay on page 1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Litsa M. ()
Date: April 25, 2008 03:21PM

FYI -

I'm a fat criminal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Hair Dresser ()
Date: April 29, 2008 08:01AM

Rumor has it Litsa has dyed her hair black to avoid attention. Any truth to this?
Attachments:
litsablk.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: April 29, 2008 01:30PM

I'm confused. You write about Litsa and then you post an image of this unrecognizable woman with black hair. What does she have to do with Lista??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Curious ()
Date: May 08, 2008 01:26PM

Just wondering if May 30th is still the date for Litza's court date??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: The Truth ()
Date: May 13, 2008 09:31AM

Yes, sentencing hearing is May 30 and should be a time to send letters to the judge to voice an opinion. So get the word out. The delay in hearing has reduced exposure to the case, BUT anyone with an opinion should use their freedom of speech rights NOW!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 13, 2008 09:38AM

Do you think she gets enough food in jail?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 13, 2008 09:42AM

The Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, sentencing hearing is May 30 and should be a
> time to send letters to the judge to voice an
> opinion. So get the word out. The delay in
> hearing has reduced exposure to the case, BUT
> anyone with an opinion should use their freedom of
> speech rights NOW!


The truth is she will get probation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 21, 2008 09:24AM

The May 30th sentencing hearing is finally going to happen. Jail since she has past proven offenses? Return the $180,000 she stole from the Navy Vale kids?

Are FFX PTA's and PTO's safer to donate to?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: May 21, 2008 10:01AM

My, she is definitely unfortunate looking. I hope she pays that money back.

Trickie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 21, 2008 12:08PM

Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The May 30th sentencing hearing is finally going
> to happen. Jail since she has past proven
> offenses? Return the $180,000 she stole from the
> Navy Vale kids?
>
> Are FFX PTA's and PTO's safer to donate to?


There are no proven past offenses. She plead guilty to what she was charged with so any past transgressions - which I understand were never investigated anyway - are moot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: seems like a lot of money ()
Date: May 21, 2008 12:19PM

How did $180k go missing for so long? I can see someone skimming off of a bakesale or carwash-$100 bucks here and there....but I don't get how you take that much money and people don't notice for awhile??

How much money do PTAs have anyways?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 21, 2008 12:43PM

seems like a lot of money Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did $180k go missing for so long? I can see
> someone skimming off of a bakesale or carwash-$100
> bucks here and there....but I don't get how you
> take that much money and people don't notice for
> awhile??
>
> How much money do PTAs have anyways?


Because nobody paid attention. They just handed the books over to Litsa and took her word for it. There was some incredibly poor oversight involved, though nobody with the Navy PTA wants to admit it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: History Teacher ()
Date: May 21, 2008 01:21PM

Apparently so is a pro at these schemes. This is an earlier post from somebody -

I know because she was my boss at the Trade Association in Washington. She was there from 1988-1992ish. She was the Manager of Meetings and Expositions and Membership. It was a very job, she had quite a bit of clout. Example of what she did... We would have a meeting of 500 people at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC...as the Manager of Meetings she would go to the hotel and ask for $1000 for tip money or whaever.... As the contact she would never be questioned by the hotel and as the person in our organization who had complete control over the bill she would bury it somewhere never to be found by auditors...internal finance dept... it was a brilliant scheme...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 21, 2008 01:30PM

History Teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently so is a pro at these schemes. This is
> an earlier post from somebody -
>
> I know because she was my boss at the Trade
> Association in Washington. She was there from
> 1988-1992ish. She was the Manager of Meetings and
> Expositions and Membership. It was a very job, she
> had quite a bit of clout. Example of what she
> did... We would have a meeting of 500 people at
> the Waldorf Astoria in NYC...as the Manager of
> Meetings she would go to the hotel and ask for
> $1000 for tip money or whaever.... As the contact
> she would never be questioned by the hotel and as
> the person in our organization who had complete
> control over the bill she would bury it somewhere
> never to be found by auditors...internal finance
> dept... it was a brilliant scheme...

That's a pretty good scheme.

However, when the entire budget disappears from the Navy PTA bank account, that should raise some red flags.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 27, 2008 12:27PM

Let the sentencing begin - The sentencing hearing is currently scheduled for MAY 30

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: May 29, 2008 11:00AM

One more day until we find out the punishment for Litsa

Case Number: GC07180988-00 File Date: 08/23/2007 Complainant: CUMMINGS, E E

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lois Lane ()
Date: May 29, 2008 12:27PM

Sentencing has been postponed until July 18th 2008 at 10AM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 29, 2008 12:43PM

Lois Lane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sentencing has been postponed until July 18th 2008
> at 10AM.


Ha!

This woman will never see the inside of a prison cell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Virginia mom ()
Date: May 29, 2008 01:03PM

Why was sentencing postponed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 29, 2008 01:12PM

Virginia mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why was sentencing postponed?


Why was it postponed before? Obviously her lawyers and the DA are up to something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: May 29, 2008 01:43PM

Are you sure it was postponed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: July 18 - New Date ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:54PM

Postponed until July 18 @ 10:00 am. Postponed because of some kind of medical reason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 29, 2008 08:35PM

July 18 - New Date Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Postponed until July 18 @ 10:00 am. Postponed
> because of some kind of medical reason.


They are postponing the sentencing hearing because of a "medical reason" and you people think she will see time in prison? Seriously, if this isn't a crock of shit being made up to get probation - which the court is apparently falling for - I don't know what is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Lacrosse Mom ()
Date: May 30, 2008 07:06AM

Postponed due to medical reason but she was healthy enough to be at the Lacrosse game last night................

Definately a ploy to avoid imminent jail time. But even a cat only has 9 lives. She will run out of excuses and out of patience from the judge eventually. Once the judge and prosecutor get wind of all the community sightings regardless of her *health issue*, I am confident she will be called into court to face the music.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 30, 2008 10:28AM

Lacrosse Mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Postponed due to medical reason but she was
> healthy enough to be at the Lacrosse game last
> night................
>

So are people still hanging out with her, thinking she is an innocent victim? Last I heard, she plead guilty. That means she did it. What lame ass excuse is she giving for pleading guilty?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:06PM

way to go Litsa fans, still hanging on her coattails hoping your kids will get invited to the next hannan montana show. you wanna be cougar moms need to spend more time in the gym and less time in paneras. you know how you are... don't make me give names now....

stay tuned

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Go Ahead ()
Date: May 31, 2008 02:27PM

Go ahead and list the names....we are dying to know who Litsa's friends are. Seriously !!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Dr. Navy ()
Date: June 01, 2008 10:37AM

Medical reasons? Look at her, heart attack waiting to happen. High Blood pressure, rapid heart rate, blood sugar a little high, joints, stroke. Yeeeeh think? Just did not happen yesterday. Doctors can visit a jail.

Let's see the friends list. Should be interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: innocent bystander ()
Date: June 01, 2008 05:19PM

If I remember correctly, Litsa told the judge when she pled guilty that she didn't have any medical or health issues. I recall that being a shock to those of us that heard it! Very different story than what we heard at school from her. I think she was laying the ground work for this "medical emergency" then. I wonder if she can be found guilty of perjury for lying when she gave her plea. Might as well stack up all the charges. Maybe SOMETHING will stick!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 01, 2008 05:27PM

innocent bystander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I remember correctly, Litsa told the judge when
> she pled guilty that she didn't have any medical
> or health issues. I recall that being a shock to
> those of us that heard it! Very different story
> than what we heard at school from her. I think
> she was laying the ground work for this "medical
> emergency" then. I wonder if she can be found
> guilty of perjury for lying when she gave her
> plea. Might as well stack up all the charges.
> Maybe SOMETHING will stick!


It sounds like woman's entire life has been a fraud. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she doesn't have something up her sleeve.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Pity ()
Date: June 03, 2008 07:42PM

More delay, more of the usual plan to avoid reality. She had "medical" issues during her PTA president years. She would be hospitalized for heart issues and would be in and out of the hospital FAST! 24 hours max. Parents would offer to cover for her and she would refuse. She could not risk the loss of bank account control. Too bad she is still pulling the same tricks. What a scam of a life! Pity

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213AllNext
Current Page: 9 of 13


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **         ********   ********   ******   ********  
 **    **   **     **  **        **    **  **     ** 
 **    **   **     **  **        **        **     ** 
 **    **   **     **  ******    **        ********  
 *********  **     **  **        **        **        
       **   **     **  **        **    **  **        
       **   ********   ********   ******   **        
This forum powered by Phorum.