HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000, Chantilly Boosters Scholarship
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:10AM

PTA Embezzlement
On Wednesday, August 22 Triantafilitsa Mattfeld, 48, of 3929 Collis Oak Court, turned herself into police. She was charged with two counts of felony embezzlement. Mattfeld served as Treasurer and President of the Navy Elementary School Parent Teacher Association from 2001 to 2006. The PTA was recently re-organized and is now known as the Parent Teacher Organization. It is alleged that during her tenure she embezzled over $180,000 from the PTA. Mattfeld was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

"Triantafilitsa???????????????????"

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 10:46AM by Lurker..
Attachments:
082207mattfeldtriantafilitsa.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navy Vale School PTA Embezzlement of $180,000
Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:23AM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PTA Embezzlement
> On Wednesday, August 22 Triantafilitsa
> Mattfeld, 48, of 3929 Collis Oak Court, turned
> herself into police. She was charged with two
> counts of felony embezzlement. Mattfeld served as
> Treasurer and President of the Navy Elementary
> School Parent Teacher Association from 2001 to
> 2006. The PTA was recently re-organized and is now
> known as the Parent Teacher Organization. It is
> alleged that during her tenure she embezzled over
> $180,000 from the PTA. Mattfeld was transported to
> the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.
>
> "Triantafilitsa???????????????????"

Frankly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. In fact, it probably does, but the financial controls are so loosy goosy with volunteer organizations, the theft doesn't get caught.

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:27PM

She has two other charges on the arrest list

"MATTFELD ","TRIANTAFILIT","M","044"," ","NO ADDRESS RECORDED "," "," "," ","01/04/2004","RECKLE/20 MPH OVER LIMIT "
"MATTFELD ","TRIANTAFILIT","M","046"," ","NO ADDRESS RECORDED "," "," "," ","04/03/2006","50-54MPH/35MPH ZONE "

But they list no address recorded? Usually that's reserved for homeless people.

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:27PM

are you homeless?

Date: August 23, 2007 04:32PM

Yeah that's strange, usually it says "NO FIXED ADDRESS" Really strange the same thing two years apart?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2007 04:33PM by Lurker..

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: August 23, 2007 08:05PM

It happens all the time at schools. At the school where I taught it was a parent volunteer with the athletic booster club. Most of the time the amount is not that much and the person just is told to leave or pay back money. Often charges are filed but the person does not serve a ny time or anything.

Trickie

Posted by: Mynamaborat ()
Date: August 23, 2007 09:21PM

lol, i went to that elementary school. Stupid place...

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:53PM

Searched for: Street: NO ADDRESS RECORDED
3609 matches found, up to first 500 displayed

Yeah that's kind of weird.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: August 24, 2007 02:26PM

this woman is stupid because she got caught...

in the late 1980's the high school that I went to(in Fairfax county) had
the same thing happen, except nobody gave a #@%@#$# about it... the president
of the PTA made sure every school-related function that required catering
always go through her catering business. always overpriced... the thing that
stuck in my mind was the $20 sandwiches. It was $20 for EACH sandwich that
consisted of three slices of white toast, 2 slices of thin ham and cheese.

Date: August 24, 2007 02:30PM

wesley Wrote:
> this woman is stupid because she got caught...
>
> in the late 1980's the high school that I went
> to(in Fairfax county) had
> the same thing happen, except nobody gave a
> #@%@#$# about it... the president
> of the PTA made sure every school-related function
> that required catering
> always go through her catering business. always
> overpriced... the thing that
> stuck in my mind was the $20 sandwiches. It was
> $20 for EACH sandwich that
> consisted of three slices of white toast, 2 slices
> of thin ham and cheese.

Welcome to FFX County. Maybe she should run for Congress, she has the same ideas.

I still can't believe she got away with stealing that large of an amount of money. Doesn't the county audit PTA's books?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2007 02:33PM by Lurker..

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 05:58PM

Look at her picture in the Washington Post today. She's a real fatty!

Fatty fat fat fat fat

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 24, 2007 07:21PM

Ah, the ME generation strikes again.

At least they may prosecute her, eh?...unlike the sleazebag mom that ripped off the Girl Scout cookie money, thus causing the cancellation of a trip that the kids were going to use the cookie profits for.

Thievin' motherfuckers!

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: August 24, 2007 09:28PM

I think people here should be more worried about what the HOA's are up to around here, especially when it comes to their member's money.

Posted by: Employee ()
Date: August 26, 2007 09:53AM

I work in FCPS, and I am extremely bothered by this... If they were stealing from a billion-dollar corporation, I would have less anger toward them... But since the ONLY person they stole from were the CHILDREN'S FUNDS, it really pains me that his happened. Ironically her children went there the year before... Doesn't that mean she was stealing from her own children?

And I find it funny that the papers say she "turned herself in".... If someone cactches you in the act, and then you realize you can't hide anywhere, is that really "turning herself in"?

Concience = 0

Date: August 26, 2007 10:11AM

Why was she still in the PTA if her kids were no longer in the school? You said her children were there the year before. At most PTA's the funds are looked at very carefully. Did no one question this large amount of money or ask to see receipts? I would love to hear from the other PTA members. Usually at most elem. PTA's the stay at home moms are always active in the PTA. And at this school, the PTA would be very active since there are a large number of stay at home moms as well as families who are very active in the childrens' school. Were they all asleep for the meetings? Was there no accounting for the budget? That amount of money is HUGE for a PTA. I cannot imagine no one questioning what happened.

Trickie

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 26, 2007 11:42AM

cant we just execute her children as punishment and get it over with? stealing from kids is a horrible thing... so we repay her in kind by stealing her children from her. see, it all works out.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: August 26, 2007 01:37PM

While I really do believe that you can't tell a book by its cover, Homeland Security officials seem to rely on a watch list of names--and, apparently, it hasn't been very effective. While the name Triantafilitsa doesn't really tell me anything--I noted your bolding (cool code for PC)--I do wonder often the cultural background of perps with "foreign" names. I think, although I'm not a sociologist, that ones culture may influence this type behavior. Likely Ms. Triantafilitsa had an unhappy childhood, was locked in a closet, etc.

Date: August 26, 2007 05:33PM

Yeah I met this dude who embezzled 2 million dollars. Really. He was from the Barbados Islands or some tropical sounding place. He had to go to jail for 2 years and pay it all back.

Posted by: angry mom ()
Date: August 27, 2007 10:21PM

Yes, I find it fishy that other PTA members did not notice ANYTHING. WE are not talking $500 here and there. This is an extremely large amount of money for a school of 800 students over just 5 years. Does this mean she stole $36,000 per year??? that is more than a lot of teachers and parents make. This is outrageous! MAKE HER STAY IN JAIL UNTIL SHE PAYS EVERY PENNY BACK! We trusted you Litsa. How wrong we were!

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 28, 2007 10:17AM

that means the parents must have been paying 45 dollars per kid, per year to the PTA, at a minimum. Thats a alo of money straight from my pocket to hers.

Posted by: Shocked ()
Date: August 28, 2007 10:43AM

I am shocked by what Litza has done. Both my kids attended Navy, my youngest from kindergarten through 6th grade. I would never have thought that she or anyone would do something like this. I want to keep thinking there was a logical reason and desperation. But that amount of time and money was certainly calculated. I am sure some of my funds went into her pocket. I am surprised that I haven't heard from Navy in any way. Shouldn't they be contacting the parents that helped fund Litsa pocket?

Posted by: Tammy Goldstien ()
Date: August 28, 2007 05:27PM

I worked with Litsa 15 years ago at an Association in Washington DC. She was fired for embezzlement as there as well (about $100,000). I assumed she had a felony record... I guess the PTA did not check into her past...
She is obviously a serial embezzler... cannot help herself. I am not at all surprised. I hope this is the last time...

Posted by: wow mom! ()
Date: August 28, 2007 08:19PM

I am curious what trade association? You are the first to surface this informaton! Was she convicted? Or did the association just fire her? What was her job? We have so many questions for you. I am not a reporter, so a curious mom.

Posted by: concerned parent ()
Date: August 28, 2007 08:34PM

Yikes! I guess she wedged herself into the Navy PTA to embezzle funds to pay restitution to her old job! Where are the checks and balances? Why would one person have so much power to sneak this much money out of the organization? Didn't anyone audit the books?

Date: August 28, 2007 09:01PM

angry mom Wrote:
> MAKE HER STAY IN
> JAIL UNTIL SHE PAYS EVERY PENNY BACK!

LOL! how will she be able to pay the money back if she is in jail? we could just execute her and auction all her possessions take all her money. though, it would probably still work without executing her but where is the fun in that?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Navy Ship Wreck ()
Date: August 28, 2007 09:10PM

Pay back? Mrs. M has never had a job. If Tammy G. is correct, Mrs. M will need to find another association/school/girl scout/boy scout/hoa to suck the life out of to pay Navy back!

Posted by: Annva ()
Date: August 29, 2007 12:51PM

concerned parent Wrote:
> Yikes! I guess she wedged herself into the Navy
> PTA to embezzle funds to pay restitution to her
> old job! Where are the checks and balances? Why
> would one person have so much power to sneak this
> much money out of the organization? Didn't anyone
> audit the books?

Exactly -- 5 years seems like a long tenure as President and/or Treasurer. Our PTO has By-laws that prevent one person for serving more than 2 years consecutively in one position. Also, the finances are reviewed and discussed at every monthly board meeting and a yearly audit is done.

Posted by: angered ()
Date: August 29, 2007 02:32PM

Do you have children of your own? Would you want your children executed for something you did? Why should her children be executed for her mistakes. They are innocent so keep them out of it. I am sure they will have their own battles to fight when they go back to school thanks to their mom. People should really think before they open their mouths-this is about her not her kids.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 29, 2007 03:19PM

I agree with Gravis. Executing the kids would send a clear message.

Posted by: joe ()
Date: August 29, 2007 07:13PM

It's what I call a late term abortion. :P

Posted by: mom ()
Date: August 29, 2007 08:43PM

Real mature!!!

Posted by: curious ()
Date: August 29, 2007 08:47PM

How do you know all this info. Tell us more please. How could she have done this before and gotten away with it?

Date: August 29, 2007 10:08PM

Uh, why does the embezzler have such a weird name???

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: August 29, 2007 10:27PM

Yeah, looking at her mug shot I would guess Dairy Queen and McDonalds got most of those bucks.

Not knowing much about this fat blob I will hazard a guess she spent it gambling at Charles Town or AC. Be tough to go through all that money without some kind of addiction.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 30, 2007 06:41AM

Dairy Queen and McDonalds got most of those bucks.

LOL, Titanicfilitsa

Posted by: WhPayne ()
Date: August 30, 2007 12:40PM

I can confirm the information that Tammy Goldstein posted. Litsa, the name she goes by, has done this before. (By the way, the name is Greek) She stole almost $100,000 from a previous employer. Apparently the employer got the money back from their business insurance and the insurance company went after her. Not sure why there is no record of this.

Litsa is a very, very smart and manipulative person. Too bad she chooses to steal instead of applying herself in some way of making an honest living.

Date: August 30, 2007 12:46PM

So I guess we can assume she runs multiple fraud operations... I hope they investigate all of her financial records and her computers.

Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: August 30, 2007 01:32PM

Be aware when Greeks come bearing gifts.

Posted by: Tammy Goldstein ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:07PM

I know because she was my boss at the Trade Association in Washington. She was there from 1988-1992ish. She was the Manager of Meetings and Expositions and Membership. It was a very job, she had quite a bit of clout. Example of what she did... We would have a meeting of 500 people at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC...as the Manager of Meetings she would go to the hotel and ask for $1000 for tip money or whaever.... As the contact she would never be questioned by the hotel and as the person in our organization who had complete control over the bill she would bury it somewhere never to be found by auditors...internal finance dept... it was a brilliant scheme...

Posted by: navy ship wreck ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:31PM

Thank you Tammy. Some still believe this is all a big mistake and she is innocent. Information WILL be passed on the appropriate authorities for research and confirmation. Second offense will not help her case. Jail time would be justice! Since paying the money back & getting a job is out of the question for Litsa.

Posted by: Tammy Goldstein ()
Date: August 30, 2007 03:30PM

Good luck to all of you that were affected by this, I am so disturbed by the fact that it happened again and it makes it worse that it was her PTA....families, children that she knew personally... As WHPayne mentioned, the insurance company took our case over... she may have also paid some of it back so perhaps charges were dropped? The name of the association she worked for was SOCMA.
The auditors were finally able to track the $100,000 but there are probably tens of thousands of dollars that were never accounted for because she abused the system in many other ways (gave herself lots of perks...).

Posted by: cw ()
Date: August 30, 2007 04:38PM

Tammy, any idea what this blimp was doing with the money? I would guess gambling but nothing else comes to mind in the 100k range.

Posted by: Navy Ship Wreck ()
Date: August 30, 2007 09:14PM

That is the $280,000 question. Where did the money go? Tammy thank you so much for the info. Anyone else with info. Please post!!!!!

Posted by: NEWS ()
Date: August 31, 2007 12:12AM

You would think if someone was stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from students, they could afford not to eat the fattening school food, which it looks like she ate every day. With the amount of money she earned, she should have hired a personal chef! Salads people!

How will she look parents, teachers, and students in the eyes and tell them she stole money going towards their good? We are talking books, computers, field trips, and more that she scammed this school out of. And didn't someone say her own kids don't go there anymore? Most parents step down from a school PTA when their kids don't go there.

Date: August 31, 2007 01:54AM

so... when do we get to execute her family? :)

afterwards we could force her to be a permanent resident on The Real World[sic] and know she will writhe in pain!

Posted by: Original Whistleblower ()
Date: August 31, 2007 09:40AM

I will also confirm the information Tammy has posted. Litsa was, and apparently still is, incredibly manipulative and smart. Her actions from years ago caused a great deal of pain and stress and it is incredibly sad to see it happen again. Good luck to you all in the pursuit of justice, may she finally get what she deserves. (Side note to Tammy - thank you for sharing the historic info - I was a bit afraid to open old wounds.)

Posted by: navy community ()
Date: August 31, 2007 10:39AM

We may have been stupid and trusting, NOW we hope to put Mrs. Mattfeld in jail. Not just a PTA going after the former president but a community that is pissed! And Litsa if you are are reading this....GOOD! You can hide, but you can't run. Other organizations besides WDC trade/NAVY Pta are stepping forward.... Bring on the info. Pls feel free to post. We need everything we can get our hands on....

Posted by: Old Navy ()
Date: August 31, 2007 02:04PM

She can be still at it. She's got positions with Chantilly Youth Association (CYA) and Chantilly High School Booster Club as well. I hope these groups are taking a look.

Date: August 31, 2007 03:09PM

Well we know how she gets her money, joining community groups and ripping them off. Somebody said she was smart??? I would have to guess she has a lot of experience at what she does, not smart.

Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: August 31, 2007 03:20PM

Wow, who ever it was that called her a blimp was right. You turn the picture on its side and she DOES look like a blimp!!!

EoM
Attachments:
blimp.jpg

Date: August 31, 2007 04:07PM

Maybe she uses disguises to get away with stuff? Anybody recognize her now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2007 04:08PM by Lurker..
Attachments:
mattfeldtriantafilitsadisgu.gif

Date: August 31, 2007 05:20PM

You turn the picture on its side and she DOES look like a blimp!!!

LOL.... OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Date: August 31, 2007 05:35PM

Old Navy Wrote:
> She can be still at it. She's got positions with
> Chantilly Youth Association (CYA) and Chantilly
> High School Booster Club as well. I hope these
> groups are taking a look.

holy crap! she has NO shame. i do not believe there is any hope of recovery from her criminal ways. fyi, this level of monetary theft is a serious felony. i only wish Vlad Dracula aka Vlad the Impaler was alive and was handing out sentencing.

Attachments:
Impaled.gif

Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: August 31, 2007 06:15PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Maybe she uses disguises to get away with stuff?
> Anybody recognize her now?

OMG thats the guy that raped me last night!!!

EoM

Posted by: Hate Stupid People ()
Date: August 31, 2007 09:16PM

What does her weight have to do with what she has done?? I guess people are just plan cruel and have to bring up what she looks like when that has nothing to do with the case! Get a life!

Date: August 31, 2007 09:19PM

What does her weight have to do with what she has done??

Well, she wasn't spending all that stolen cash on Jenny Craig now was she?

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 31, 2007 09:59PM

LOl. No, maybe on Mcdonalds every day. She coulda got a lotta big macs with that cash.

Date: August 31, 2007 10:04PM

Giganticfilitsa

Posted by: Ronald Mexico ()
Date: August 31, 2007 10:08PM

She doesn't look jolly. I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly. Have fun in prison getting raped by Lakisha and Shaniqua.

Date: August 31, 2007 10:15PM

Ronald Mexico

Haha great screen name, you should register it.

Posted by: Job Beams ()
Date: August 31, 2007 10:18PM

Is this fine lady in the slammer? What was the disposition of her case? What an insidious scam! Taking from kids. What did she do with the $$$?

Date: September 01, 2007 12:24AM

Yes she is unfortunate looking but why doesn't someone stop her from handling money in these organizations. I bet she doesn't even work now since she just embezzles cash for a living.

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: September 01, 2007 11:38PM

Gravis Wrote:
afterwards we could force her to be a permanent
resident on The Real World and know she will
writhe in pain!

I dont know how well that would work out, she would probably eat them too.

Posted by: NAVY ()
Date: September 02, 2007 02:17PM

Do her children still attend Navy Elementary? If so, I really wonder how they are being treated. They have done nothing wrong but you know how some people are.

Posted by: P.S. ()
Date: September 02, 2007 03:29PM

Yeah her kids are the ones wearing designer clothes and riding a limo to school and not the big yellow.

Posted by: Angered ()
Date: September 02, 2007 05:45PM

No, her kiddos don't got to Navy anymore. They are in middle school and high school at this point. I do feel for them cause you are right...we know how some people are...just read some of the postings people have put!

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: September 02, 2007 06:27PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Maybe she uses disguises to get away with stuff?
> Anybody recognize her now?

Why is it always some fat-ass behind this kind of thing? I bet she thought she was pretty clever, too.

Date: September 02, 2007 06:52PM

navy community Wrote:
> And Litsa if you are are reading
> this....GOOD! You can hide, but you can't run.

Blimps can't hide. Nor do they run.

Posted by: Disgusted ()
Date: September 02, 2007 09:33PM

She is out and about at the Chantilly High School football game and still enjoying her self. I would be hiding in my house or far far away from here if I was her! Is she clueless?

Posted by: ya ()
Date: September 03, 2007 12:05AM

Disgusted Wrote:
> She is out and about at the Chantilly High School
> football game and still enjoying her self. I
> would be hiding in my house or far far away from
> here if I was her! Is she clueless?

Well, on the other hand your kind of a freak that spies on her, so I am kind of worried about people like you. Freak.

Posted by: Huh ()
Date: September 03, 2007 07:42AM

Maybe they are just enjoying a community event in the Chantilly football game, and happened to see the thief. Not like she would be hard to miss, front and center at the concession stand.

Posted by: Navy ()
Date: September 03, 2007 10:09AM

She still has a group of parents "snowed". They believe she is the innocent victim. Too bad they are out in public prancing around with her. Better hold on to their wallets. She is going to need legal services and someone to fill the void of Navy's money.

Posted by: WOW mom ()
Date: September 03, 2007 11:55AM

I disagree with stalking. Not like she was at the grocery store or dry cleaners but at Chantilly high school where everyone will see. Kind of in your face making a statement.

Posted by: fcresident ()
Date: September 03, 2007 12:23PM

Gravis Wrote:
> cant we just execute her children as punishment
> and get it over with? stealing from kids is a
> horrible thing... so we repay her in kind by
> stealing her children from her. see, it all works
> out.

People who say things like this are sick. Her children have nothing to do with the situation, I think that they should be left out of it. I cant believe that people could say such horrible things, it makes you wonder about some of the people in the community. You also shouldn't take personal shots at Litsa Mattfeld, even though what she did was wrong. We have all done wrong, and have made mistakes and selfish decisions at some time in our lives. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Unless you yourself have never done anything wrong, you cant call her the scum of the earth. Let the legal process play out, and justice will be served in the end.

Posted by: s ()
Date: September 03, 2007 12:29PM

Ronald Mexico Wrote:
> She doesn't look jolly. I thought fat people were
> supposed to be jolly. Have fun in prison getting
> raped by Lakisha and Shaniqua

People always have to use stereotypes to classify people. I have seen many comments talking about her size and her race. The fact of the matter is that any person could have done this. This goes on more than you think, so people shouldn't be so naive to think that she is the only one. Its a shame that people would make racist comments. I guess online people show their true colors.

Date: September 03, 2007 12:33PM

Greeks are a race now?

And yeah, we've all done wrong and made "mistakes"...I ate 2 grapes at the Giant the other day. But ripping off 180 grand (from kids, no less) is no mistake...it's a felony!

Posted by: d ()
Date: September 03, 2007 02:02PM

duh Wrote:
> Greeks are a race now?
>
>
> And yeah, we've all done wrong and made
> "mistakes"...I ate 2 grapes at the Giant the other
> day. But ripping off 180 grand (from kids, no
> less) is no mistake...it's a felony!

I was responding to a comment that somebody had made about greeks, and yes, greek is an ethnic group. Also I want to remind you that she has not yet been convicted, many people don't know much else than what they heard on the news. If she is convicted she should go to jail and face consequences, but don't act like the worst thing that you ever did was eat two grapes at a giant.

Date: September 03, 2007 02:29PM

fcresident Wrote:
> you cant call her the
> scum of the earth.

She's the scum of the earth. Shazam.

Date: September 03, 2007 02:34PM

d Wrote:
> duh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Greeks are a race now?
> >
> >
> > And yeah, we've all done wrong and made
> > "mistakes"...I ate 2 grapes at the Giant the
> other
> > day. But ripping off 180 grand (from kids, no
> > less) is no mistake...it's a felony!
>
>
> I was responding to a comment that somebody had
> made about greeks, and yes, greek is an ethnic
> group. Also I want to remind you that she has not
> yet been convicted, many people don't know much
> else than what they heard on the news. If she is
> convicted she should go to jail and face
> consequences, but don't act like the worst thing
> that you ever did was eat two grapes at a giant.

Oh OK...you said race when you meant ethicity.

Just don't lump Grand Larceny in with the minor transgressions that everyone has committed at one time or another. I dare say most people have never ripped off 180 grand!

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 03, 2007 02:41PM

Navy Wrote:
> She still has a group of parents "snowed". They
> believe she is the innocent victim. Too bad they
> are out in public prancing around with her.
> Better hold on to their wallets. She is going to
> need legal services and someone to fill the void
> of Navy's money.

Can I guess that those parents share her life style.

Posted by: NAVY ()
Date: September 03, 2007 05:01PM

Why should we give her the benefit of the doubt? It's rare that the first time someone does an illegal act, they are caught. When someone gets caught speeding, I really doubt it was the first time they ever went over the speed limit.

Someone in this thread said she worked for Chantilly High and the Chantilly Youth Association. Who's to say she hasn't done anything wrong while working with them? Hell, someone in this thread said she stole from her old employer. THAT is scum. Why can't she just get a regular job? Do we really think she cares about the finances of Navy Elementary when her kids dont go there anymore? No, she is selfish and wanted to take all the money she could.

Posted by: Navy Too??? ()
Date: September 03, 2007 06:59PM

I would love to hear from the other volunteer organizations? CYA, Chantilly High, Fair Oaks/Woods Pool Swim Team. So all these organizations and she only touched Navy? Or will they keep quite? I hope they have enough courage to contact the police. I agree scum! Calculated, manipulative,

Posted by: up2late ()
Date: September 04, 2007 01:21AM

I was going to chime in with my 2 cents worth of commentary...but she stole those, too!

Beeooottccchhh!

Posted by: Navy parent ()
Date: September 04, 2007 10:12AM

I would say that most of us at Navy agree with the people from the DC association whom she embezzled from.---Litsa is a very smart individual whom we NOW know is manipulative, as well. She's not a one dimensional person. None of us is. She had great "people skills" in her role at Navy and was often really good at getting and giving extremely helpful information to help things run well. It is so sad, as people have mentioned, that she has chosen to use her skills to rob her friends and their children. She also brought up two very nice, bright kids during her crime sprees over a decade and a half. Hopefully, they will be able to weather the storm their mother has placed them in the middle of. Witnesses lie, alibis turn out to be true or false, but documents tell a story. The paper trail that Litsa has left is damning enough for the police to have brought these charges. (I also want to thank the people whose trust she formerly broke for coming forward.) Litsa is naturally claiming innocent and trying to maintain that front in public at the present. That's what you do before you ultimately plea bargain. Whatever race or creed, she deserves a good, long sentence, and her children deserve our compassion.

Posted by: Unbiased Observer ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:38PM

Well said. Innocent until proven guilty. Whether Greek or Greek Orthodox, there's likely no relationship. If guilty, deport her to Greece.

Date: September 04, 2007 05:08PM

She's not a one dimensional person.

O RLY??

Pretty fuckin far from one-dimensional based on some of those pics I saw.

Posted by: Navy Parent ()
Date: September 04, 2007 05:18PM

Ah,...no. Deporting Litsa Mattfeld to Greece would make as much sense as deporting me to Scotland if I had embezzled some money...She's an American...Where does all this stuff come from? The fact that Litsa is of Greek heritage is as important to Navy parents as is her hair color: Is she a brunette, blonde, or redhead?

Date: September 04, 2007 05:41PM

>She had great "people skills" in her role at Navy and was often really good at >getting and giving extremely helpful information to help things run well.

Yup, most Con's are.

Posted by: navy parent ()
Date: September 04, 2007 05:44PM

You gotta love the internet... Everybody gets to have their say. I'm leaving this site now, glad to have gotten some insight into this story from the people who formerly worked with Litsa, etc., and glad to have been able to write something, myself. The crazies have taken over. They're the ones who obviously sit at their computer terminals in their spare time and take shots, irrespective of the story. I guess it's nice that they have some outlet. Maybe it keeps the crime rate down or something. Peace.

Date: September 04, 2007 09:04PM

fcresident Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> -----
> > cant we just execute her children as punishment
> > and get it over with? stealing from kids is a
> > horrible thing... so we repay her in kind by
> > stealing her children from her. see, it all
> works
> > out.
>
> People who say things like this are sick. Her
> children have nothing to do with the situation, I
> think that they should be left out of it.

ive changed my mind, im gonna eat her children and get a stupid tattoo on my head. it's called a joke, bitch.

> I cant
> believe that people could say such horrible
> things, it makes you wonder about some of the
> people in the community.

oh, you mean like people that rip off money that was for school children?

> You also shouldn't take
> personal shots at Litsa Mattfeld, even though what
> she did was wrong.

let's make a deal, im allowed to make an insult for every dollar she stole and EVERYONE can insult me for every dollar ive stolen. oh wait... i have never stolen money from anyone, much less school children. hmm... only 179,995 insults left... oh what to do.

> We have all done wrong, and
> have made mistakes and selfish decisions at some
> time in our lives.

mistakes are not made intentionally, this was VERY intentional. no, this was not selfish. selfish is when you take the last snack when someone said they wanted one and hadnt gotten one. selfish is when you race to a parking spot before someone else gets it. selfish is when you ask "well, what do i get out of it?" this is more than selfish, so much so that there isnt a word for it. the closest one can get is saying it's criminal.

> Those who live in glass houses
> shouldn't throw stones.

who in the hell lives in a glass house? and what if it were Plexiglas?

> Unless you yourself have
> never done anything wrong, you cant call her the
> scum of the earth.

the first amendment says otherwise.

> Let the legal process play out,
> and justice will be served in the end.

ha! you clearly dont know jack shit about the "justice" system. oh... and did OJ ever find the "real killers". perhaps Rodney King just tripped and was pulled behind the cop car. you are so naive.

Posted by: d ()
Date: September 04, 2007 10:36PM

Gravis Wrote:
> fcresident Wrote:
> -----
> > Gravis Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > cant we just execute her children as
> punishment
> > > and get it over with? stealing from kids is
> a
> > > horrible thing... so we repay her in kind by
> > > stealing her children from her. see, it all
> > works
> > > out.
> >
> > People who say things like this are sick. Her
> > children have nothing to do with the situation,
> I
> > think that they should be left out of it.
>
> ive changed my mind, im gonna eat her children and
> get a stupid tattoo on my head. it's called a
> joke, bitch.

I dont care if it is a joke its disgusting. How would you like somebody to "joke" about killing your children. Those are fighting words.

>
> > I cant
> > believe that people could say such horrible
> > things, it makes you wonder about some of the
> > people in the community.
>
> oh, you mean like people that rip off money that
> was for school children?

Yes, and also people that make sick jokes about wishing death on children.
>
> > You also shouldn't take
> > personal shots at Litsa Mattfeld, even though
> what
> > she did was wrong.
>
> let's make a deal, im allowed to make an insult
> for every dollar she stole and EVERYONE can insult
> me for every dollar ive stolen. oh wait... i have
> never stolen money from anyone, much less school
> children. hmm... only 179,995 insults left... oh
> what to do.

It doesn't matter what she did, calling her a blimp is unnecessary. How would you like us to say nasty insults to you if you screwed up?
> > We have all done wrong, and
> > have made mistakes and selfish decisions at
> some
> > time in our lives.
>
> mistakes are not made intentionally, this was VERY
> intentional. no, this was not selfish. selfish
> is when you take the last snack when someone said
> they wanted one and hadnt gotten one. selfish is
> when you race to a parking spot before someone
> else gets it. selfish is when you ask "well, what
> do i get out of it?" this is more than selfish,
> so much so that there isnt a word for it. the
> closest one can get is saying it's criminal.

She was probably tempted by the money, and started out taking a little bit and through the years it all added up. If she did it it is criminal, and mistakes can be made intentionally (it was a mistake to elect bush, but america did it intentionally, it was a mistake to smoke cigarettes, but people still do it knowing the detriments to your health).
>
> > Those who live in glass houses
> > shouldn't throw stones.
>
> who in the hell lives in a glass house? and what
> if it were Plexiglas?

Obviously you are ignorant of the saying. It is not meant literally.
>
> > Unless you yourself have
> > never done anything wrong, you cant call her
> the
> > scum of the earth.
>
> the first amendment says otherwise.

the first amendment only applies to a certain extent. Don Imus called the Rutgers Basketball team nappy headed hos, but that doesn't mean that he still cant be sued for slander.
>
> > Let the legal process play out,
> > and justice will be served in the end.
>
> ha! you clearly don't know jack shit about the
> "justice" system. oh... and did OJ ever find the
> "real killers". perhaps Rodney King just tripped
> and was pulled behind the cop car. you are so
> naive.

I know that the justice system has its flaws, believe me. But you are making either the correct or incorrect judgment based on another humans words. But if things are as obvious as you would assert, then there should be no problem.

I am not defending the alleged actions of Mrs. Mattfeld, but I am calling the people who take personal shots at her and her family low class. Also, you can keep hiding behind your little computer, because I doubt you would ever have the nuts to call me a bitch to my face.

Posted by: former Navy mom ()
Date: September 05, 2007 01:40PM

"Witnesses lie, alibis turn out to be true or false, but documents tell a story."

what documents are you refering to? PTA documents??

I thought the bank notified the police.

"(I also want to thank the people whose trust she formerly broke for coming forward.) "

who has come foward? former members of the PTA?
how could active members of the PTA board not have seen that $180,000 was missing???

" her children deserve our compassion."

of course her children deserve compassion, they've done nothing wrong.

will the navy PTO discuss this debacle at the first meeting?

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: September 05, 2007 01:46PM

G-Man Wrote:
> Wow, who ever it was that called her a blimp was
> right. You turn the picture on its side and she
> DOES look like a blimp!!!

wow it took me a second to understand what that was (i didnt read the post, just looked)...

and...

LMFAO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2007 01:47PM by bdimag.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: September 05, 2007 03:06PM

she looks like the snapple lady

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: September 05, 2007 06:42PM

It's time for an update. When is the hearing or trial? Is she a single mum making ends meet? Are other charges pending or being investigated?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 05, 2007 11:33PM

WhPayne Wrote:
> I can confirm the information that Tammy Goldstein
> posted. Litsa, the name she goes by, has done
> this before. (By the way, the name is Greek) She
> stole almost $100,000 from a previous employer.
> Apparently the employer got the money back from
> their business insurance and the insurance company
> went after her. Not sure why there is no record of
> this.
>
> Litsa is a very, very smart and manipulative
> person. Too bad she chooses to steal instead of
> applying herself in some way of making an honest
> living.

Actually I have heard of similar things happening. In business and especially non-profits, negative press is a bad thing. Non-profits solicit donations, membership fees, sales of publications, etc. If the word gets out that someone is stealing, major revenue streams (donations) tend to dry up. She probably got a stern lecture, agreed to pay it back (on paper anyway) and a claim was quietly filed with the insurance agency.

On the profit side, I worked for a large wholly owned subsidiary of a very large telephone company. An assistant to the Vice President was in charge of ordering American Express gift checks as rewards for salespeople. She started ordering extra for herself and it got completely out of hand. It went on for months. From what I heard, she confessed to the company because her husband was trying to get a government job and during the investigation, the government found on their reported income, they could not afford the cars, house, furnishings, exotic pets, and traveling they had been doing.

She turned herself into the company and agreed to make token payments. She was let go and people were instructed not to talk about it. I had heard it in the 100s of thousands of dollars.

It was not this lady though.

So this does happen. Alway insist that two people sign the checks. It does not eliminate the problem, but it sure makes it more difficult.

Date: September 06, 2007 07:34AM

trail - in October

her status - she is married, claimed husband did not know about Navy embezzlement, claim, he was totally in the dark Not sure if he knew about the Association CAN only assume he knew?

current - charges under investigation

Date: September 07, 2007 04:10PM

I wonder if CYA & Chantilly Boosters has thought about what the public opinion will be when & if information might surface showing their organizaton's embezzlement to Navy's. Mrs. Mattfeld worked her magic once. As we have learned volunteer organizations are pretty flush with cash & checks no one tracks. Just food for thought...so to speak.

Date: September 07, 2007 04:56PM

I wonder what she bought?

Expensive Furniture? Luxury cars? Luxury trips to Vegas with the High Roller Suites? Humm, now what do fat people spend their money on? LOL

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: September 07, 2007 08:58PM

Jenny Craig. It gets pretty expensive over a period of time

Pages: 1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.