HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: fbref ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:04PM

I officiated some of the Hayfield freshmen and JV games last season and both teams ended undefeated according to their website. Should/could equate to success in the next few years even with the change in schedules. Time will tell. Other teams to watch out for include Westfield, West Springfield and maybe Madison.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:13PM

Keep an eye out on West Po! lot's of talent and they have a good coach.

Posted by: Nova ball coach ()
Date: June 12, 2015 10:40PM

When all the re districting happened a few years ago South Lakes got all the neighborhoods that gave Oakton all their talented players from the 2002 to 2012 teams. After 2012 the players were not given a choice where to attend. They were forced to go to South Lakes (though many had already started to unless their siblings went to Oakton). Even their old coach brought it to everybody's attention that there was a bunch of talent at that camp he never had when he was HC. If you were at the camp last week you would have seen the talent. They should be a lot better than they are.

Posted by: We poo ()
Date: June 13, 2015 04:09PM

NovaCoach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep an eye out on West Po! lot's of talent and
> they have a good coach.

W po won't have more than 5 wins in 2015

Posted by: Football fan ()
Date: June 14, 2015 08:05PM

fbref Wrote:
> I officiated some of the Hayfield freshmen and JV
> games last season and both teams ended undefeated
> according to their website. Should/could equate
> to success in the next few years even with the
> change in schedules. Time will tell. Other teams
> to watch out for include Westfield, West
> Springfield and maybe Madison.

I think that will be one of the more interesting stories to follow this fall -- how the new Conference 6/Liberty District will look, with the realigned schedules. Of the schools coming in -- Hayfield, WL, Yorktown, all made the playoffs. Out of the holdovers -- Fairfax, Langley, Madison, McLean, and South Lakes, only one of them made the playoffs (Langley). I think the Liberty Holdovers will benefit from this, because of the way the VHSL point system is set up. Hayfield, WL and Yorktown are stronger programs than two of the schools they are replacing -- Marshall and TJ. That translates into more bonus points for the Liberty Holdovers, regardless of how they do head to head.

I look for Madison and one of either Fairfax or Langley to make the playoffs this year

Posted by: rumor mill ()
Date: June 15, 2015 08:33AM

QB Miles Thompson at falls Church im hearing

Posted by: The Cavs ()
Date: June 16, 2015 10:05AM

This dude was our Freshman QB at Woodson, he played Freshman Football!!! Why is anyone even talking about him?

Posted by: Hiesman ()
Date: June 16, 2015 02:10PM

Miles Thompson for Hiesman campaign is staring early
At least he got out of Woodson

Posted by: HS football-who cares? ()
Date: June 16, 2015 04:17PM

If you believe Karen Garza, FCPS is going to hell for lack of money. Canceling football would save a lot of money. Taxpayers have had it, many do not have kids in school and not every school parent has a football player in the family.

It is a luxury-if you want it, you pay for it.

Posted by: goaway ()
Date: June 16, 2015 04:51PM

HS football-who cares? Wrote:
> If you believe Karen Garza, FCPS is going to hell
> for lack of money. Canceling football would save a
> lot of money. Taxpayers have had it, many do not
> have kids in school and not every school parent
> has a football player in the family.
>
> It is a luxury-if you want it, you pay for it.

This has been suggested many times before you. It will NEVER EVER happen. Go away.

Posted by: tropical jen ()
Date: June 16, 2015 05:21PM

The Cavs Wrote:
> This dude was our Freshman QB at Woodson, he
> played Freshman Football!!! Why is anyone even
> talking about him?

Why would someone transfer out of Woodson for football?

Posted by: when the crash comes… ()
Date: June 16, 2015 06:11PM

…all that will remain of FCPS is football. Yes, that's good preparation for the future. They can get jobs at Boosterthon forcing other school systems into bankruptcy.

Putin, won't even have to invade us, he can just watch the US go down the drain.

Posted by: 3WxFH ()
Date: June 16, 2015 06:35PM

when the crash comes… Wrote:
> …all that will remain of FCPS is football. Yes,
> that's good preparation for the future. They can
> get jobs at Boosterthon forcing other school
> systems into bankruptcy.
>
> Putin, won't even have to invade us, he can just
> watch the US go down the drain.

Maybe, but it's got nothing to do with football. Only a COMMUNIST would be so anti-American as to want to get rid of high school football.

Posted by: Old Guy ()
Date: June 16, 2015 08:29PM

TC Williams has an all star new coaching staff, including the mastermind of C'Ville's run.

They've always had the athletes. Now they have the coaching and leadership.

Expect TC to start making some noise over the next few years.You read it here first.

Posted by: Coach Boone ()
Date: June 16, 2015 08:55PM

Coach Matthie has put together a very good staff with several former Head Coaches and numerous coaches from Centreville and Westfield.

There will be growing pains this year but I expect them to win at least 5-6 games based on thier schedule. I'm looking forward to watching this team compete.

Posted by: Coach ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:17AM

TC miscreants will have growing pains for more than a year
Good coaching can't teach discipline in one season
5 wins is about right

Posted by: CaspertheToast ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:21PM

Steve fox made Cville churn.
where is he now?

Posted by: Makers Mark ()
Date: June 18, 2015 06:55PM

This coming season may shape up to be very interesting indeed. For those who weren’t able to observe either of the Team Camps this month, Oakton's O- and D- Lines looked very strong, but their teamwork is what made them even more impressive so early in the pre-season. To correct an earlier post, last week, South Lakes appeared more dominated vs dominant. Enough said there. Robinson was able to hold their own against SL, but appeared to have a hard time closing holes made by Oakton’s O-line that allowed their QB and quick Backs to muscle through time and time again. Robinson’s offense had quite a bit of trouble executing against Oakton’s Defense as well… with their impressively quick DEs and DBs containing anything outside and down the field, and the combination of DTs and LB’s stopping almost everything within a yard of the LOS. It was obvious that Robinson was getting a bit frustrated... and it wasn’t the heat. Not sure what happened during the other Team Camps this week, but as of right now, my bet is on Oakton to dominate the Region.

Posted by: Fellow camper ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:53PM

Oakton sucks. Robinson owned them the entire camp. We all know who you play for. What a bogus post.

It's Robinson, Westfield, Centreville, and everybody else.
I heard Westfield kicked the crap out of Oakton this week too. So don't start blowing smoke about your team. Oakton is 5-5 at best.

Date: June 18, 2015 10:37PM

Oakton will continue to struggle. Redistricting really kicked them in the ass.

They don't have a whole lot except a pretty good coaching staff....except for the new OC. I don't know where he came from, but he doesn't seem to fit the Oakton mold.

Posted by: Oakton Dad ()
Date: June 19, 2015 09:12AM

Oakton will be solid, but not great. Coaches do a good job their just isn't the same talent that they had 3-4 years ago.

Watched a lot of the South Lakes camp, Robinson is very big on offense. They had several big, athletic running backs. Their defense was average.

Posted by: SL sports parent ()
Date: June 19, 2015 10:36AM

I cringe every year when I read on one of these threads that someone is proclaiming SL to be the sleeper team in conference 6. I live in fox mill so I'm certainly aware of the talented athletes in several sports that are now going to SL but there are still several that aren't, they just aren't all going to Oakton as they've done in the past.

SL is still the school to avoid if your kid is a top-tier athelete in anything but track/cross country because the admin is still a joke. When my daughter first went their the first thing I heard from other parents in her sport was that the DSA only cared about football because it produced revenue. As I got to know more football families most of them said the DSA didn't give a rats ass about them either. The best they could do when Wooten steped down (a guy who played for SL and still teaches there no less) was Taylor who clearly didn't have a lot of good head coaching options available to him after getting run out of Robinson.

The best news that the school could get this summer is that Jones is taking another position at a different school and Duggan is taking over as DSA. The football team will win between 2-4 game this fall, that you can be sure of.

Posted by: Hmmmm ()
Date: June 19, 2015 11:44AM

Is Linda really leaving?

Posted by: Capt. Morgan ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:40AM

Every year we have this up and down about the old Concorde district. Oak ton has traditionally been a tough team but they've definitley had a few off years, I know Robinson has some good running backs but watching some games last year they looked shaky on defense in certain situations. Chant illy was really good 6-8 years ago but since have had some struggles, would be fun to see the backyard brawl be more competitive again. Centreville in Centreville and has been excellent for roughly 4 years now and so has Westfield..for quite a bit longer :) from what I know on the inside, WHS and CVHS run away with the region unless LBSS and SCHS get on the same level. It's the same four schools pretty much every year.

Posted by: footballobserver ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:06AM

The two best teams will be Centreville and SoCo. SoCo program been slowly building and they def ready to make a big move this year. They will show their mettle vs. Westfield on September 11. Westfield is going down!

Centreville will be under-rated early dis season but don’t count them out. They have a ton of talent coming back (kids just couldn’t get on the field last year), good coaching and they will finish 9-1; 8-2 at worst. Bet on it. It will be Centreville vs. SoCo for the 6A North champ and SoCo will come out on top.

Posted by: Football observer ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:23PM

SoCo will peter out in the second round as usual with their undisciplined style
They focus too much on running up the score on weaker teams in their confidence and don't know how to win verse more talented teams in the playoffs

Westfield is the team to beat in the north

Posted by: Ref ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:29PM

The two best teams will be Centreville and SoCo. SoCo program been slowly building and they def ready to make a big move this year. They will show their mettle vs. Westfield on September 11. Westfield is going down!

Centreville will be under-rated early dis season but don’t count them out. They have a ton of talent coming back (kids just couldn’t get on the field last year), good coaching and they will finish 9-1; 8-2 at worst. Bet on it. It will be Centreville vs. SoCo for the 6A North champ and SoCo will come out on top.

You're kidding right? SoCo may have been building but teams like Westfield have been historically strong since its inception. Past 14 years they've had one of the best winning percentages along with Stone Bridge. Schools like these show up every year and take on all opponents usually with much success.

Centreville graduated 18 starters, of which 5 or 6 have legitimate D1 talent. As far as the whole not getting on the field thing goes that is laughable. They have talent but lost AJ Turner, the most electrifying player in the North Region, 1A through 6A, that's a fact.

Centreville proved last year they were beatable without Turner. Take away him, along with almost the entire starting team and they've got their work cut out. If you count the two way players who graduated I think Centreville returns 3 starters, can't count Richbourg because he apparently isn't playing.

Bottom line the dominant teams will be in it just as they are every year. But there is no way that ANY team can lay claim to being the "favorite" in the 6A North this year.

Date: June 22, 2015 08:04PM

And don't discount that C'ville has lost the braintrust of their coaching staff.

I don't expect much from C'Ville this year other than being an also ran among the old Concorde teams.

Posted by: FB coach ()
Date: June 22, 2015 08:55PM

Cville JV was beatable last year so the hidden talent argument does not fly
They will be exposed early

Posted by: but my question is this ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:26PM

Where will the football funds come from if FCPS is really $100 million in the hole?

Surely not even Karen Garza is stupid enough to think Sharon Bulova will raise taxes for football when the schools are falling apart and awarding six figure sole source contracts to motivational speakers.

Posted by: Coach ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:58AM

Whoever said Oakton's line looked good last week in camp is far from correct! WHS destroyed Oakton on both sides of the ball.

Chantilly's line looked better (of course against WHS 3rd team) but nonetheless better than Oakton.

Westfield has to be the heavy favorite this year, unless cville has a couple sleepers....

Posted by: Fast Forward… ()
Date: June 23, 2015 10:34AM

What will happen next year when FCPS is $100 million in the hole? Does anyone really think there will be money for football? Sorry, the money will be going to pay administrators and consultants, to say nothing of the cost of Ryan McElveen's pet project, the transgender bathrooms.

Posted by: Forward faster ()
Date: June 23, 2015 12:03PM

Fast Forward… Wrote:
> What will happen next year when FCPS is $100
> million in the hole? Does anyone really think
> there will be money for football? Sorry, the money
> will be going to pay administrators and
> consultants, to say nothing of the cost of Ryan
> McElveen's pet project, the transgender bathrooms.

Nobody cares about your insane agenda on FFX county budget shortfalls
Do us all a favor and stick your head in the toilet and kill yourself
You are a true waste of life

Posted by: OldCoach ()
Date: June 23, 2015 01:28PM

> Nobody cares about your insane agenda on FFX
> county budget shortfalls
> Do us all a favor and stick your head in the
> toilet and kill yourself
> You are a true waste of life

Agreed and OBTW football is the only sport that MAKES money for FCPS - it is self supporting so Fast Forward why don't you bitch about something else and stay out of this thread!

Re: High School Football 2015 6A North preseason rankings
Posted by: AllMetSports ()
Date: June 23, 2015 03:41PM

Here are the 2015 preseason rankings with the expected regular season wins.

Rank 6A North 2015 Wins
1 Westfield 9
2 Yorktown 9
3 South County 9
4 Centreville 8
5 Battlefield 8
6 Hayfield 8
7 Lake Braddock 7
8 West Springfield 7
9 Patriot 7
10 Langley 7
11 Washington-Lee 7
12 James Robinson 6
13 Chantilly 6
14 Oakton 6
15 Stonewall Jackson 6
16 Fairfax 5
17 West Potomac 5
18 McLean 4
19 T.C. Williams 4
20 Annandale 4
21 South Lakes 3
22 Osbourn 2
23 Herndon 2
24 Osbourn Park 2
25 Mount Vernon 2
26 James Madison 1
27 W.T. Woodson 1

Posted by: Warhawk Miss ()
Date: June 23, 2015 05:08PM

AllMetSports Wrote:
> Here are the 2015 preseason rankings with the
> expected regular season wins.
>
> Rank 6A North 2015
> Wins
>
> 26 James Madison 1

You are waaaaaayyyyy off on this pick. Madison will have a strong year - they should definitely be in the Top 16 (make the playoffs) and I would pick them to be in the 6-4 / 7-3 range.

Posted by: Wareagle AL ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:04PM

Never even heard of James Madison; they are probably lucky to get one win

Posted by: Rebelman ()
Date: June 24, 2015 09:55AM

Warhawk Miss Wrote:
> AllMetSports Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here are the 2015 preseason rankings with the
> > expected regular season wins.
> >
> > Rank 6A North 2015
> > Wins
> >
> > 26 James Madison
> 1
>
> You are waaaaaayyyyy off on this pick. Madison
> will have a strong year - they should definitely
> be in the Top 16 (make the playoffs) and I would
> pick them to be in the 6-4 / 7-3 range.

I hate to say this, but I agree with Warkhawk Miss here. There is no way that Madison is only a one win team this season. They had a nice 2014 season, which was a nice turnaround from 2013. Further, their lower level programs were successful in 2014. I think they will have success for the next few years.

There were a lot of headscratchers on this list, but Madison with one predicted win was about the biggest.

Posted by: 5A ()
Date: June 24, 2015 11:23AM

How about projected wins for 5A schools?

Posted by: Football fan ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:10PM

5A Wrote:
> How about projected wins for 5A schools?

TJ -- zero

Posted by: NOTAllMetSports ()
Date: June 24, 2015 06:44PM

Wild guess here - correct me if I'm wrong.

Rank 5A North 2015 Wins

1 Stone Bridge 8
2 Massaponax 8
3 Briar Woods 8
4 Broad Run 8
5 Tuscarora 7
6 North Stafford 7
7 Wakefield 7
8 Falls Church 6
9 Potomac Falls 5
10 Patrick Henry 5
11 Potomac 5
12 Edison 4
13 Mountain View 4
14 Lee 3
15 Brooke Point 3
16 Freedom (PWC) 3
17 Lee 3
18 Marshall 3
19 Halifax Co. 6
20 Freedom (LC) 2
21 Mount Vernon 2
22 Albemarle 2
23 Orange 1
24 Thomas Jefferson 0

Re: High School Football 2015 - 5A North Preseason Rankings
Posted by: AllMetSports.com ()
Date: June 24, 2015 07:52PM

Rank 5A North 2015 Wins
1 Massaponax 9
2 Atlee 8
3 Stone Bridge 8
4 Briar Woods 7
5 Broad Run 7
6 Tuscarora 7
7 Wakefield 7
8 Falls Church 6
9 North Stafford 6
10 Patrick Henry 6
11 Potomac Falls 6
12 Potomac 5
13 Mountain View 5
14 Patrick Henry 5
15 Brooke Point 4
16 Thomas Edison 4
17 Albemarle 3
18 Halifax County 3
19 R.E. Lee 3
20 J.E.B. Stuart 3
21 TJ 2
22 Kempsville 2
23 Glen Allen 2
24 Stafford 2

Posted by: Keny Chesney ()
Date: June 25, 2015 11:55AM

Posted by: Northern VA football ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:10PM

My predication rankings for 6A North:

Conference 5 (old Concorde):

1. Westfield
2. Centreville
3. Robinson
4. Chantilly
5. Herndon
6. Oakton

Conference 6 (old Liberty reclassified): This conference is pretty hard to predict, though.

1. Hayfield
2. Yorktown
3. Madison
4. Langley
5. Washington Lee
6. Mclean
7. Fairfax
8. South Lakes

Conference 6 (old Patriot )

1. Lake Braddock
2. South County
3. West Springfield
4. Woodson
5. Annadanle
6. West Potomac
7. TC Williams
8. Mount Vernon (why the hell did MV move to a much harder district? Especially finishing 0-10 last year in the national district, a much less competitive than the patriot. Good luck)

Conference 8 (Prince William schools)

1. Battlefield
2. Patriot
3. Stonewall
4. Osbourn
5. Osbourn Park

Posted by: gullett ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:46PM

Mount Vernon had no choice. They had to move up, while Robert E Lee moved down.

Posted by: noseyquestion ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:02PM

Anyone know what happened to former Westfield RB Kendall Anderson - was having a nice career at W&M but I see he is no longer on their roster? Transfer? Tired of football?

Posted by: Jim Synder II ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:17PM

Arrested and charged with rape.

Posted by: Liberty Fan ()
Date: June 26, 2015 08:42AM

I agree that Liberty/Conference 6 is going to be the hardest to predict. I'm not sold on the new teams and how they will do, as their records last year were largely based on playing in a district that was mostly 5A teams. They will face tougher competition this year. I think among the three, the Hayfield will finish ahead of both, and Yorktown will finish ahead of WL. As far as the five holdovers, my order would be

Madison
Langley
Fairfax
McLean
South Lakes

Posted by: 757cheaters ()
Date: June 28, 2015 05:30PM

Posted by: newgoutedenzene ()
Date: June 29, 2015 12:47PM

Liberty Fan Wrote:
> I agree that Liberty/Conference 6 is going to be
> the hardest to predict. I'm not sold on the new
> teams and how they will do, as their records last
> year were largely based on playing in a district
> that was mostly 5A teams. They will face tougher
> competition this year. I think among the three,
> the Hayfield will finish ahead of both, and
> Yorktown will finish ahead of WL. As far as the
> five holdovers, my order would be
>
> Madison
> Langley
> Fairfax
> McLean
> South Lakes

Hayfield might have been an easy pick except Hendo's replacement has alot of damage to repair, it is so sad.

Posted by: former player ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:59PM

but my question is this Wrote:
> Where will the football funds come from if FCPS is
> really $100 million in the hole?
>
> Surely not even Karen Garza is stupid enough to
> think Sharon Bulova will raise taxes for football
> when the schools are falling apart and awarding
> six figure sole source contracts to motivational
> speakers.

FCPS pays only the salaries of coaches and refs and the electric bill. all other money that goes to football (uniforms, equipment, nicer facilities) comes from the individual school's athletic boosters, which is funded by parents and sponsorships, and some fees fall to the players (jerseys with names, small annual participation fee, etc.) big football schools usually have no trouble raising the money to run their program. This is also how all FCPS high schools (besides TJ) will have a turf field this fall.

Posted by: HayfieldDad ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:06PM

> Hayfield might have been an easy pick except
> Hendo's replacement has alot of damage to repair,
> it is so sad.

Who said Henderson was leaving, I thought the "funding issue" was just a rumor?

Posted by: yeah but... ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:13PM

Liberty Fan Wrote:
> I agree that Liberty/Conference 6 is going to be
> the hardest to predict. I'm not sold on the new
> teams and how they will do, as their records last
> year were largely based on playing in a district
> that was mostly 5A teams. They will face tougher
> competition this year. I think among the three,
> the Hayfield will finish ahead of both, and
> Yorktown will finish ahead of WL. As far as the
> five holdovers, my order would be
>
> Madison
> Langley
> Fairfax
> McLean
> South Lakes

The old Liberty district was never really a powerhouse D6 conference with the since departed D5 Stone Bridge as the only powerhouse program. Most schools have enrollments that barely qualify for D6 while South Lakes enrollment surged only recently from D5 levels. Fairfax is the only school that has always had a more typical D6 enrollment

Posted by: LBparent ()
Date: July 01, 2015 05:02PM

HayfieldDad Wrote:
> > Hayfield might have been an easy pick except
> > Hendo's replacement has alot of damage to
> repair,
> > it is so sad.
>
>
> Who said Henderson was leaving, I thought the
> "funding issue" was just a rumor?

What ever happens to Henderson, PLEASE don't send him back to Lake Braddock

Posted by: Hairy Hendo ()
Date: July 01, 2015 09:08PM

LB needs Henderson to call some plays to shore up that weak O line

Posted by: Travelrocks ()
Date: July 02, 2015 11:12AM

757cheaters Wrote:
> http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/ocean-lakes-footba
> ll-coach-suspended-violating-recruiting-rules
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/c
> entreville-football-reacts-to-recruiting-violation
> s-by-state-champ-ocean-lakes/2015/06/26/bae5bd10-1
> c39-11e5-93b7-5eddc056ad8a_story.html
>
> ...48 of the team’s 114 players (42
> percent) transferred during or after their sixth
> or seventh grade years.

>
> That's just ridiculous for a public high school
> program.

This doesn't surprise me, there have been rumors for years that VA Beach/Hampton has had issues depending on the sport and school.

Posted by: FormerPlayer ()
Date: July 02, 2015 01:32PM

LBparent Wrote:
> HayfieldDad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Hayfield might have been an easy pick except
> > > Hendo's replacement has alot of damage to
> > repair,
> > > it is so sad.
> >
> >
> > Who said Henderson was leaving, I thought the
> > "funding issue" was just a rumor?
>
>
> What ever happens to Henderson, PLEASE don't send
> him back to Lake Braddock

Hendo is a good play caller, especially when he keeps his mouth shut and uses just his hands. In fact he's a great man so long as his mouth is closed.

Posted by: HayfieldBooster ()
Date: July 02, 2015 08:18PM

Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton ;)

Posted by: Where's Mike O'Meara ()
Date: July 02, 2015 09:38PM

Where's the Mike O'Meara Show thread?

Posted by: daleeatondaleeaton ()
Date: July 03, 2015 07:23AM

Who is Dale Eaton?

Posted by: Hendo..oh_NO! ()
Date: July 03, 2015 12:02PM

I think Dale Eaton is the person who Hendo blames for being FIRED from Mt Vernon after the parents petitioned FCPS to FIRE him for CHARACTER ISSUES...I don't know but CHARACTER ISSUES are what's undoing him at Hayfield.

Posted by: MountVernon?? ()
Date: July 04, 2015 02:14AM

Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton ;)

Posted by: Hendoroid ()
Date: July 04, 2015 11:27PM

MountVernon?? Wrote:
> Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale
> Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton Dale Eaton
> Dale Eaton ;)

Henderson you need your own page to catch all the garbage that follows you around, ever consider moving to Florida?

Posted by: a hundred million dollars? ()
Date: July 05, 2015 08:55AM

FCPS is in debt 100,000,000, who in their right mind thinks we ought to keep spending money on football?

Posted by: WhoIsDaleEaton ()
Date: July 05, 2015 08:59AM

a hundred million dollars? Wrote:
> FCPS is in debt 100,000,000, who in their right
> mind thinks we ought to keep spending money on
> football?

This "Fat Fuck" certainly does
Attachments:
file[1].php

Posted by: Idiots ()
Date: July 05, 2015 11:07AM

Fcps doesn't fund football. Each team has their own booster who raise money for the program and ticket cost help pay for other stuff. Fcps doesn't do anything.

Posted by: nicePix ()
Date: July 06, 2015 09:52PM

Posted by: who pays? ()
Date: July 06, 2015 10:11PM

Who pays the fat fuck's salary? FCPS.

Who pays for the turf fields they play on? FCPS.

etc. etc. etc.

FCPS needs to cut something, somewhere…

Posted by: Jarvis ()
Date: July 06, 2015 10:46PM

You don't know how money works. It's ok. But your views are very aggressive for someone with no understanding of cause and effect nonetheless economics. But your fruitless blurbs against sports keep us entertained and that's all this site is for right? hehe

Posted by: foooootballlll ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:14PM

high school football practice only two weeks away, who is ready for some football.....

Posted by: alliknow ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:12PM

all i know is that Westfield will get to the regional finals and lose again....it is what they do

Posted by: alliknow2 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:40PM

scrue yu nigga Westfield will ball this year baby

Posted by: soco rules ()
Date: July 15, 2015 07:23PM

SOUTH COUNTY WILL WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR MARK MY WORDS

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: July 15, 2015 08:39PM

An early early 6A (North/South combined) rankings:

1. Ocean Lakes
2. Westfield
3. Lake Braddock
4. Oscar Smith
5. South County
6. C.D. Hylton
7. Colonial Forge
8. Centreville
9. Patriot
10. Manchester

My own opinion is that Centreville and Lake Braddock should be switched. Patriot not a top 10 team in the state. OL and OS probably should be 1-2...

https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=905&Year=2015

Posted by: MANCHEESTER ()
Date: July 15, 2015 08:47PM

Manchester will win it all mark my words, yes

Posted by: what do they bring? ()
Date: July 15, 2015 08:48PM

Who does Centerville have coming back or coming in for transfer?

Posted by: who carez ()
Date: July 15, 2015 10:03PM

Football is going downhill around here, who cares anymore, the good days of NR football are dead

Posted by: football schedules out ()
Date: July 16, 2015 11:14AM

see the master schedules for 2015 on vhsl.org

Posted by: Suck on THIS, losers ()
Date: July 16, 2015 11:29AM

FCPS finally admits it might be necessary to cut football.

The school board didn't get taxing authority, the board of supervisors can't come up with what Garza is asking for. So, since they have to balance the budget, the list of cuts is floating around.

#1 is here. Enjoy your stupid sport while you still can.
Attachments:
cancel_football.pdf

Posted by: mommy help me ()
Date: July 16, 2015 01:02PM

the mean person is saying bad things about football....

Posted by: the old heave ho! ()
Date: July 16, 2015 01:14PM

Not everyone here has a fixation on high school football. If there's no money for it, it is time for it to go. The same applies to the ridiculous, and dangerous, turf fields.

http://digitalcommons.buffalostate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1017&context=jiae

This means we can reduce band as well, so the likelihood of another "Einuis Scandal" is minimized.

But don't worry, if you have to have your "football fix" there are clubs you can join, for a fee, of course!

Posted by: alignmnet ()
Date: July 16, 2015 01:52PM

alliknow2 ()

Date: July 15, 2015 06:40PM

scrue yu nigga Westfield will ball this year baby

Posted by: ur wrong ()
Date: July 16, 2015 10:21PM

I got a Woody Wrote:
> Who is your recruiting source?
>
> Miles Thompson played in 1 game and had one
> completion for 18 yards last year

He carried Woodson freshman football to a 6-2 record.

Date: July 16, 2015 10:24PM

Another 2015 pre-season ranking - this one is more like it. Still would put OS in 2, but Centreville is where they should be.

1. Ocean Lakes
2. Westfield
3. Oscar Smith
4. Centreville
5. Lake Braddock
6. Battlefield
7. C.D. Hylton
8. South County
9. Colonial Forge
10. Manchester

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/ratingsmainpage_gy.cfm?GY=2015&DIVISION=6

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:59AM

Suck on THIS, losers Wrote:
> FCPS finally admits it might be necessary to cut
> football.
>
> The school board didn't get taxing authority, the
> board of supervisors can't come up with what Garza
> is asking for. So, since they have to balance the
> budget, the list of cuts is floating around.
>
> #1 is here. Enjoy your stupid sport while you
> still can.

It is a shame that the basic political tactics have infiltrated the education of our kids. The strategy is very simple. Instead of cleaning out their bloated administrative staff they select student activities for budget reductions which have the support of literally everyone in order to leverage unnecessary budget increases. Garza is the same as every other superintendent Fairfax County has had during the past 15 years with the exception that she gives lip service to fiscal responsibility.

Posted by: Vhsl ()
Date: July 17, 2015 08:10AM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> Another 2015 pre-season ranking - this one is more
> like it. Still would put OS in 2, but Centreville
> is where they should be.
>
> 1. Ocean Lakes
> 2. Westfield
> 3. Oscar Smith
> 4. Centreville
> 5. Lake Braddock
> 6. Battlefield
> 7. C.D. Hylton
> 8. South County
> 9. Colonial Forge
> 10. Manchester
>
> http://www.vhsl-reference.com/ratingsmainpage_gy.c
> fm?GY=2015&DIVISION=6

Lake Braddock is a bunch of overrated douchebags
Will drop out of top ten soon when they are exposed for their weakness

Posted by: how badly do you want it? ()
Date: July 17, 2015 10:55AM

To sustain the schools at their current spending level and meet the deficit, taxes would have to double. Just think about that for a second. Double.

Is high school football THAT important to you? Even if it is, it is not right to burden residents who don't care about it with double taxes. If you are so addicted to football, watch professional games. Who the hell cares about high school?

Posted by: FBCoach ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:20AM

Please get off this thread. As has been pointed out MANY times Football is the ONLY sport that is self-funding. If FCPS kills all athletics (which they will never do), football will continue as a club sport and pay for itself. Men's basketball will also survive in a few schools, all other sports will have to be fee based as they are all money losers.

Posted by: sorry coach ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:28AM

Hey Coach

I guess you didn't pay attention in school. In America, there's this thing called free speech. You should look into it.

I'm by no means convinced that football is self funding. If it needs to continue, let it continue as a club sport. Taxes are too high, kids are being taught in trailers, administrators are flying off to Korea and we're paying "educational consultants" $10,000 a day. Something has to give. If you can make your case for football, I suggest you do it.

But, in the meantime, I'm going to say what I think. Go complete your education in the meantime. If your coaching job goes away, you may need it!

Date: July 17, 2015 12:40PM

I guess you didn't pay attention in school as the 1st amendment only applies to the government restricting speech.
You may not be convinced (apparently to lazy to do the research) but the gate alone pays for football, and many other sports. Added to that is the standard fund raising that yields $50-100K at most schools.

The case for football (and sports in general) is that it teaches life skills that are no longer taught in the classroom such as teamwork, winning/losing, self-sacrifice etc. Also HS athletes do significantly better in school (last study I saw was a 1/2 point higher GPA) and have fewer disciplinary issues than non-athletes. But I'm sure you won't let the facts get in the way of your opinion.

Bottom line, you are posting in the wrong thread - you're not going to convince anyone here - go to the FCPS funding thread to make you uninformed recommendations.

With a BS and two masters I think my education is complete and I'm retired so I don't need the stipend, but I appreciate your caring for my well-being.

Posted by: Get with the program, Biff ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:44PM

Date: July 17, 2015 01:10PM

Great three year old example concerning a 500 student HS in Texas.

Oh No, I just checked their website and three years later they are still on academic probation and they have reinstated some sports teams (but not football to be accurate). I wonder why they reinstated sports - maybe they found out the HS athletes have better attendance, better grades and better behavior than non-athletes.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

And while totally irrelevant, my degrees were all from highly respected East Coast schools.

Again please go post your inaccurate crap in an appropriate thread so us FB lovers can get back to talking about football - since it's here to stay.

Posted by: work on your grammar ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:12PM

"Again please go post your inaccurate crap in an appropriate thread so us FB lovers can get back to talking about football - since it's here to stay."

Should be "we FB lovers" so maybe your education is not as complete as you thought?

Posted by: fightingcommunism ()
Date: July 17, 2015 04:25PM

Someone made a point earlier that ONLY an ANTI-AMERICAN COMMUNIST or perhaps a WESTERN-HATING MUSLIM would be opposed to high school football. It is one of the most unifying symbols of America and a 100+ year old tradition. So in sum, if you are opposed to high school football - please go turn in your US citizenship and move to IRAN or CUBA or VENEZUELA or RUSSIA. Thank you for your time.

Posted by: Xenophobic Moron ()
Date: July 17, 2015 04:31PM

It turns out I've spent a lot of time in 2 of the countries you mention, as I come from one of them. I'll leave it to you to figure out which, and perhaps then you can offer even more ill conceived commentary.

I suspect there are huge segments of American society who don't care about football AT ALL. I invite you to demonstrate the power of this so called unifying symbol. It is, perhaps, worth mentioning, that it was not mentioned in the citizenship class, and it is not in the citizenship oath or Pledge of Allegiance.

Date: July 17, 2015 04:53PM

1) Proven wrong on 1st Amendment. Changes subject.
2) Proven wrong on FB costs. Changes subject.
3) Proven wrong on my education. Changes subject and weak attempt at insult.
4) Proven wrong on Texas HS example. Corrects my grammar.
5) Correct on my incorrect use of we vs. us.

1 for 5, good job, excellent debating skills! Again, everyone is tired of your rants on this thread, PLEASE post elsewhere.

Posted by: Contributions? ()
Date: July 17, 2015 07:31PM

I guess "The Imitation Game" is still fresh in my mind. Alan Turing was an athlete, but he wasn't fixated on it. He helped invent the computer and win the war.

What comparable contribution has football made?

Date: July 17, 2015 08:07PM

There are over 14,000 high school football teams in the United States. Over a million kids will play high school football this year. It is a proud tradition in the US. Below is a photo of the 1925 Dixon (IL) high school football team. Future president Ronald Reagan is in the bottom row second from right.
Attachments:
Dixon High School Football 1925.jpg
Ronald Reagan Dixon High School.jpg

Posted by: History Lesson ()
Date: July 17, 2015 09:30PM

Good point made about Turing. Factor in Tesla and Einstein, two more "non footballers" who were history changers. True, Reagan presided over the end of the cold war, but it would not have happened without Gorbachev. Turing and Tesla in particular-without them, no computers, no Internet, no smartphones…

I think learning about them and training students in math and science is far important than football.

Date: July 18, 2015 04:23AM

Dwight D. Eisenhower's 1910 Abilene (KS) high school football team. Eisenhower is top row third from left.
Attachments:
Gen.-Dwight-D.-Eisenhower-playing-football-930x724.jpg
David Dwight Eisenhower.jpg

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.