HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: bob101 ()
Date: August 11, 2013 12:14AM

To I call Bullshit on Canada.

Look at all the dumb ass american that got stung..

Gladly have one of those real fur coats look at all those american dumb asses wearing fur before you condemn others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EliP ()
Date: August 11, 2013 08:02PM

One just left Pacifica - they didnt scam me but I knew the scam when I heard th say they were from Italy and needed directions to 3 people in The parking lot ... So I snapped a photo :) of their burgundy Nissan Rouge liscense plate 7alt888.
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: kindful ()
Date: August 12, 2013 06:40PM

Something like this actually happened at GMU a few years back. Seriously though, someone making a deal on the street in thier car has red flags flashing all over. You should have trusted your gut instincts first OP.

Posted by: Omar ()
Date: August 14, 2013 08:34PM

I JUST GOT RIPPED OFF BY THIS GUYS IN CANOGA PARK, CA OUTSIDE OF BOFA GAVE HIM $300 DOLLARS. DRIVING A BRAND NEW WHITE MERCEDES SUV. EVERYBODY WATCH OUT FOR THIS THIEVES!

Posted by: Sylwek ()
Date: August 16, 2013 02:06PM

I got ripped off by two guys in Edmonton, Canada last November 2012. I give them $400 for a fake 3 (leather) but vinyl made jackets. This was the same well rehearsal scenario as other people already said before me. I also had them on our local store camera and report them to crime stoppers. But our crime stoppers and police didn't nothing to them. I believe this is well organized group of people. Probably they are connected to someone in police as well so they can get away with hundreds of similar scams over many years even in different countries. Were is our airport security check. Just try to multiply $200 (on average) for each entry of this blog and you can figure out approximate amounts money they collected from us. However there are also other blogs who discuss the same people too. This is for them full time well paid profession with benefits of exclusive travel time, food and hotels they stay in on top of it. They usually renting local very expensive looking cars or SUV's and moving constantly around. They usually have someone who knows city very well and after few months they are back again. I hope this will help someone, someday not to loose another few hundred dollars.

Posted by: Pontoon ()
Date: September 08, 2013 11:45AM

Well I got approached at the Starbucks on the corner of Davies and us 1 in ft lauderdale. Looking at the pics on here I would say its a ring of multiple individuals pulling the same prank. Older well dressed guy driving a new jeep Cherokee and younger wel dressed guy. Comes ut knocks on my car window and asks directions to Miami international airport, I give them directions and he says thank you , I get ready to leave and that's when he goes hey I own emporia armani( he's 22?) mr Armani is 79 years old! So red flag goes up... Then he wants to give me watches as a gift for the directions and I told him to mail them to me as I gave him a card. That was it. Unfortunately. This makes it hard for humans to trust each other or even help with simple directions. With almost everyone armed. One would wonder if saying anything to the next human could be your last spoken words....

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 08, 2013 01:20PM

under $500 or $2000 caveat emptor

you have a legal obligation to watch your own money. no way we are spending money using police to recover a pittance you gave away freely. and the commercial law here says: it was a fair exchange too.

anyway. 5 jackets for $200? go to sears maybe they will floor them for you. if what you say is true they are worth it.

what is your complaint ??

Posted by: Will ()
Date: September 09, 2013 01:58AM

They got us today, 300 dollars for 4 jackets. But I got his license plate number. Mercedes : 7AQS849 silver SUV Mercedes. I also a took with in case if something happened.

Re: Beware - italian guy in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Fernando ()
Date: September 18, 2013 03:37PM

This guy it's in danbury ct I talk to him today.
Sep 18 2013 blue SUV white guy Italian acsent

Posted by: cynicalal ()
Date: September 19, 2013 02:40AM

fk! they r in mississauga now! they took 1300 from me ~ so sad

Date: September 19, 2013 02:41AM

the man(driver) has a D&G white watch. and there is a lady who is fking called monica. although i know it is not real.

Date: September 19, 2013 02:44AM

black jeep

Posted by: Arnie ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:27PM

Less than ten minutes ago a young man (looked Arabic) drove up to me in the City of Vancouver, BC and asked me for directions to Granville Street and the Airport. He told me he was from Italy and had just completed a trade show. He was now about to fly back to Milan, Italy where he has a clothing store. He asked me if I spoke Italian and handed me his business card. His name is Carlo Emporio. His store name is "AE di Milano). He parked in a lane and wanted me to come over to his SUV to look at mens clothes which he wished to give me for free. I felt uncomfortable and told him to walk over to the front of car and show me what he had to give me for free. The man told me to come over to the passenger window where he showed me three leather jackets. He asked me to feel them. He told me that they were genuine calf leather. They were in an Emporio paper bag. The man then told me that he would give me the three jackets for free as he did not wish to pay the expensive duty tax when he arrived in Italy. A red flag when off in my head. The man then showed me a BUDGET CAR RENTAL form and asked me if I would pay for a portion of the rental fee in exchange for the three jackets which I believed were fake. I then said goodbye and walked away with him watching me from his car. When I returned home, I went online and now came across this site.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:00PM

He's in Vancouver, BC now. Tried to pull the same scam on me less than twenty minutes ago while I was out for a walk. Driving a BUDGET RENTAL Silver SUV. One male occupant. Speaking with Italian accent but looked Middle Eastern as he wore a white Kafiya around his neck.Told me that he was from Milan, Italy and had just finished a clothing trade show in Vancouver. Wanted directions for Granville Street and the Airport. Asked me if I spoke Italian. Next, wants me to come to his SUV as he wishes to show me mens clothing samples which he wishes to give me for free. ALARM BELLS GOING OFF IN MY HEAD. Nobody gives things away for free these days. I'm weary of this man and refuse to enter his vehicle. Instead, ask him to come to the front of the car and show me what he has to show me. Man is sitting in drivers seat and refuses to get out. Instead, asks me to come to the passenger window where he shows me three leather jackets. Asks me to touch them. Tells me they are genuine Emporio leather jackets. I can tell they are fake. His business card is fake. This man is not Carlo Emporio. The business name is AE di Milano. The man shows me a BUDGEt RENTAL CAR form and wants me to pay a portion of the vehicle rental fee in exchange for the three jackets. I know I'm about to be scammed and walk away.

Posted by: back down ()
Date: September 25, 2013 10:39PM

Well guess what this guy is in orlando florida trying sell emporio watches

Posted by: Yaset gonzalez ()
Date: September 28, 2013 09:37AM

They got me yesterday in Westland Mall Hialeah Florida. Same story they had to catch a flight back to Italy and if they took the merchandise back customs would charge them a high percentage. So might as well sell the stuff before leaving. Apparently they change cars or something yesterday they were in a GMC SUV. I wish I knew about this before.

Posted by: Frank Salerno ()
Date: September 30, 2013 05:15PM

The scam has hit San Diego now....about 1 hr ago...same scam as above mentioned. I foolishly gave 20 something good looking kid (claiming from Milano) $100 bucks (of course he wanted more!!). Some of you guys commenting on this thread have been brain washed while watching a little too much Sopranos, though!!! Whatever nationality these guys are, let's not whitewash a whole race of people,i.e. Italians, though, boys and girls. There are thieves in every walk of life and every nationality. Stereotyping nationalities only brings one down to the scammer's level!!! Heads up,everyone!!!

Posted by: mentally retarded ()
Date: September 30, 2013 05:59PM

Same thing happened to me a few days ago at Toronto, ON. Italian looking guy with thick accent in sleek black SUV. Told me to go exchange the goods at Harry Rosen second floor for the cash back and make some money I guess. Went to Harry Rosen, and find out that the guy he directs me to does not exist. Sucks to be me I guess, but I really do hope Something does come around and bites him in the ass for taking advantage of those kind people out there

Posted by: Dallas tx ()
Date: October 02, 2013 06:17PM

Well that happens to me gestee day here in dallas tx...... Dame history with the write man..... He told me the dame shit .... I have him 400 dlls for 4jackets.... If u would have know he was
Gonna take less i would have deal..... My bad.....i hope sell Them soon and get My money back.....

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: October 02, 2013 09:12PM

I was walking to work today and was asked for directions to the airport.After helping him he inquired to where I was from,I told him Originally Liverpool but I have lived here for 40years.I then asked where he was from he replied Milan so we talked European football.He then asked what size I was and if I had a wife or girl friend.Then he brings out four jackets and offers them to me if I could help him out.I honestly did not have any cash on me and he believed me.He then took back three of the jackets and gave me the suede jacket.now I am trying to find out if the smell can be eliminated. A fool and his money are easily seperated.

Posted by: torontonian guest ()
Date: October 03, 2013 03:26PM

My friend just encountered them in downtown Toronto, near the University of Toronto. Asked for directions to Highway 401, and then started his selling business. My friend didn't fall into the trap but I took down his carplate number FHK2455. Watch out people.

Posted by: carlos ()
Date: October 03, 2013 06:10PM

10/02/2013 6:00pm - Chase Bank on hamilton and winchester in Campbell, CA. Italian guy waiting for me outside the bank, asks me where the airport is, and then gives me his card. he says he doesnt need the money, just doesnt want to pay the taxes to get them back to italy, shows me a stack of cash with $100 bill covering the stack (probably all $1 bills underneath).

He says if i buy 1 he will give me 5 suits for free. i listen for a minute, then say no, never looked at the quality of the suites. As i drive away he literally moves his car 3 spots over to hit up another guy sitting in his car.

This guy was blonde-ish, blue eyes, very chapped lips and heavy accent (probably fake). Drove a white SUV, some american model no one has like a Chevy Equinox/traverse or something similar.

Posted by: eddie70 ()
Date: October 04, 2013 10:30AM

Wow, just happened to me yesterday here in Weston, FL... an Italian guy (bad breath) in a brand new SUV came up to me to sell me 12 Emporio Italy watches.. showed me his passport and rental docs, said ghe has 12 samples that he did not want to take back to italy because he didnt want to pay taxes. Wanted to buy beats for his son (full of bs!).. started asking $500 and went down to $250... Almost fell for it.

Posted by: Cautious ()
Date: October 05, 2013 11:38AM

Vancouver October 4th Grandview and Rupert. Superstore. Italian guy in rental SUV says he is from Italy, looking for directions to the airport. Wants to give a jacket to avoid paying taxes. Same business card as above. Beware this guy is smooth.

Posted by: I am too trustworth...euphamisum ()
Date: October 05, 2013 11:35PM

Got scammed by Rino today at the gas station at Granville and 41st Ave. in Vancouver. Same story; Italian designer on the way to the airport from a clothing convention asks for directions then wants to thank me and make a friend. Gives me the jackets but says can I give him something so he can get a gift for his wife at the duty free store "some perfume". I say no many times but eventually offer him $50 for two leather coats but he says my gift is not enough he needs $100. I go and take the money out of the ATM and do the deal thinking I got two expensive jackets for cheap. I know it is fishy but I construct a rationalization in my head to explain the many holes in his story. I cannot believe I am typing this now. I did most of the work on this swindle and he played me like a fiddle. I never took Psychology at university I hope its not too late.

Posted by: Davicho7 ()
Date: October 06, 2013 01:29AM

It happend to me today at 11:50 AM they are in torrance ca.I have a video cameras in my shop so, Im going to report them to the police. a got licence plates. I almost forgot to tell you this guy speek bery good spanish. Ten cuidado, te dice que conoce bien Mexico y que hace ventas en las tiendas de Liverpool y en Satelite. Ojo.

Posted by: snehil ()
Date: October 09, 2013 06:42PM

I was approached by a Italian guy in a blue ford SUV license plate 679 something , story is same offered 4 for price of one , I ended up buying them for USD 200 as I thought it might be a scam but 50 for these jackets is cheap Armani or not , I have tried them at home and don't mind paying 50 , after trying them I thought fit was really nice I am not a expert on material so I guess time will tell about the quality, but he did the fire trick also which I was not really interested in. Anyways after buying 4 he offered me to buy the rest for cheap which I wanted to I offered him 50 for 2 but he refused that offer so.

he showed me Italian passport and was acting as if he cannot speak English.

this happened at home depot in Somerville MA.

Posted by: John Z ()
Date: October 09, 2013 09:17PM

I just got approached today (Oct 9/13) at Royal York Medical Bldg just north of Eglinton on Royal York by one guy that calls himself Luigi. Same story loosing money at casion and having to buy daughter birthday gift. I purchased 4 jackets at reasonable price but it appears a little higher then what I see posted. My rational was that even if knock offs still good price and look great for knock offs. This rational was shot out the window once I came home and shared the story with my wife. I'm lucky that I didn't go out the window with the dame jackets. Were told time and time again but do we listen. Obviously not. Is it ok to sell the jackets to your friends for a small profit.......... Ha! Ha! my wife sending to Ukraine. I will be watching Sunday NFL from the dog house with my Yorki assuming he lets me in.

Posted by: Jay Illangai ()
Date: October 11, 2013 11:05AM

Hey guys same thing happened to me in Montreal, Canada.

I finished work, and I was going to school. This guy pulls up in a white rented jeep cherokee, and asks for help. He was on the phone, and so was I.

He asked me for directions to the airport, and I gave it to him.

He then proceeded to thank me for taking my time out of my busy day to help him, and then said, "I don't mean to brag, but I am a manager for Giorgio Armani, and I was here for a fashion exhibition. I have a lot of jackets to bring back to Italty, but they are going to charge me 25% tax on the market value. For your help, I'll like to give you one for free."

A lot of flags went off for me. One, no one calls themselves a "manager" in a fashion industry, they are most likely to call themselves fashion designers. Second, if you are from Italy, why not ask your friend on the phone for directions, or why don't you have a GPS in your rented vehicle?

So I just kindly responded saying, listen there are a lot of students just down the street who will love to have a jacket for free.

His response was comical. "I was doing you a favour, and now you have insulted me. Ciao"

And he drove off in his F plated vehicle selling fake merchandise.

Guys don't fall for this shit. If you want a jacket for decent price fine haggle with these losers. But know that you are not buying the real stuff!

Posted by: raul ()
Date: October 11, 2013 08:07PM

i just got scam today in deerfield beach fl, home depot parking lot, 8 jackets for 300 dls! same guys in crysleer black van! same history!

Posted by: George R ()
Date: October 12, 2013 12:23PM

He is still in Vancouver, BC now. Tried to pull the same scam on me yesterday at the Burrard/West Broadway Esso Station while I was parked and waiting for a battery service from BCAA. Driving a BUDGET RENTAL Silver SUV. One male occupant. Speaking with Italian accent but looked Middle Eastern as he wore a white Kafiya around his neck.Told me that he was from Milan, Italy and had just finished a clothing trade show in Vancouver. Wanted directions for Granville Street and the Airport. Asked me if I spoke Italian. Next, wants me to come to his SUV as he wishes to show me mens clothing samples which he wishes to give me for free.
Suggested I go to the ATM accross the street and give him $300 so he could bring gifts back to his kids in Italy. Showed me a driver's license and Budget Rental Agreement (fake). After I refused his offer he persisted in the Esso station for a while looking for other possible target vehicles. Beware!

Posted by: Tyler ()
Date: October 15, 2013 09:32PM

I saw one guy today in Alameda, Ca. Silver SUV, asking for directions to SFO. He started to say something about having to pay taxes on items, once I heard that I walked away. Iv been that guy before, never again.
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Triple XxX Salmon Hunter ()
Date: October 15, 2013 11:15PM

HE IS DEAD. I shot the fucker tonight in Regina, Saskatchewan. This guy tried to scam me in Regina a few hours ago at the Petro Canada station on Victoria Street. Same old bullshit, asked for directions to the airport and told me he had jackets from an exhibition and couldn't take them on the plane.

I politely told him "not interested" when he pulled out a knife and screamed, "I fucking hate you it's time for some asshole Canadian blood to spill!"

I reached into my F-150, pulled out my Mossberg 500 Combo 12 guage and took aim. As he was lunging for me, I missed his torso but still hit him and pretty muched removed his neck. That fucker dropped instantly and his head was only hanging on by a few bloody tendons.

Police came quickly, took me down to the station for questioning for about 5 hours but let me go home after the investigative team filed their report and witnesses confirmed my story of self defense.

Posted by: steve-o ()
Date: October 16, 2013 07:01PM

I got ripped off by this Italian dude this same time last year. As I was leaving the scene of the crime (Stripe Gas pump across from North Wal-Mart in Midland TX) today I saw the same guy AGAIN trolling by in a

2013 Silver Ford Edge, TX licence # BFY-5232

and followed him across the street to Wal Mart gas pumps where he had solicited another innocent citizen. As he drove away, I asked that guy what he was selling (clothes was his answer} and did he have an Italian accent (Yes). I told him he was a Con and to not buy from him. Anyway I followed the Italian and called 911 and gave them the whole story and vehicle description. Was on the line with MPD for over 10 minutes while I followed the Italian. They told me to not follow him and wait for an office to take a report. I waited 45 minutes and and watched him drive by once and was NEVER called back by MPD and never saw an officer. I had to get back to work and my subsequent calls to 911 were not well received because they were not "life of death" but they didn't give me another # to call. Some 5 hours later the police have still not contacted me. The Italian by now is in the next county preying on the citizens there. This guy is good because I'm a skeptic but he was able to con me outa $600 last year.

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: October 16, 2013 07:21PM

The same thing happened to me. Though I guess it was a little different. They were two Italian guys in a white van and they told me they would give me a designer leather jacket if I gave them blowjobs. Something didn't seem right and it smelled a little fishy to me. Turns out they were women dressed in drag and they had bad yeast infections. Probably from all the grease in their pubes. I know it was a knock off leather jacket, but it was worth the sore throat.

Posted by: T Bone Haddie ()
Date: October 16, 2013 07:38PM

I was with Director Gianni G when the above post went down, those guys were bad ass. But, after the melee, I realized that Gianni G was one of them. So I turned and landed a hand chop to his neck. He went down like a butter pat in the microwave. I went through his pockets: he had a slingshot, a single die, a roll of caps, and some tic-tacs. I took the tic-tacs because I had a gyro for lunch, but I left the rest of the contents in situ.

Later, at the office, I received a call from some attorney, who claimed that he represents Gianni G in the pending A&B against me. You hear me, the lawyer was talking about me. I got his name and headed right over to his office. I caught him in a three-way with two clients, neither of which was his wife. With that 411, the attorney suddenly was on my side. The case never went anywhere.

Also, I noticed that a slingshot was hanging out of the lawyer's pocket.

Posted by: ripped guy ()
Date: October 18, 2013 12:26AM

Yep. It happened to me today in St Albert, ALberta. Same story. Got 4 smelly jackets for clean $200 :). I knew something wasn't rigt but was too late. The guy did not even follow the direction I gave him to get to the airport. He turned the opposed direction.

Posted by: Marcos ()
Date: October 19, 2013 07:37PM

I can not believe it, I have been careful about this fxxxxg scams but this time I this italian fxxxg guy cought me. I bought 6 watches EMPORIO "ARMANI" watches for $ 400. I approached me and told me he is coming from a show y he has to fly back to Italia but he has 6 watches and they do not fit in his luggage, also he said he spent all his money and he needs some cash. He showed me the watches and asked $600. He show me the website were he sells those watches for almost $1000 each and guess what i bought the watches for $400. Once I got hoem I realize they are EMPORIO MODA ITALIA NOT "ARMANI". You can find those watches on ebay from $20, to $60. There is a saying "TO GOOD TO BE TRUTH". Be careful with this fake f***g Italian guys, by the way this happened in Miami...

Posted by: nocmded ()
Date: October 21, 2013 11:44PM

So this time it was a Gelson"s parking lot in Newport Beach, CA. "Francesco De Martino" was asking directions to John Wayne airport. Very slick - I backed away from him twice before accepting the jackets (3) and gave him the second C note - yep, took me for 200.00 and I HAD IT COMING. I took a picture of his license plate on the the clean black SUV. He said you keep the jackets and offered all the money back - said he didn't want to lose his job, which he said he would if caught selling on the street. After all his card said manager Armani Collezioni - and of course I said no, keep it....
Human nature is what it is, either greed or naiveté - I gave my wife a hard time last year when - in the same parking lot - she gave a chinese "doctor" $20.00 for gas so he could get a prescription from CVS and gas to get back to La Jolla after performing life saving heart surgery on a nine year old boy earlier in the day. He had lost his credit cards and wallet, blah, blah, blah. Now look at me! Honey - I owe you...

Posted by: nocmded ()
Date: October 22, 2013 12:18AM

PS.
His plate # was CA 1YSY744.....
Attachments:
Scam card.jpg

Posted by: Julia ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:25AM

Long Island New York

Posted by: Paola ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:28AM

Posted by: Captain Kirk ()
Date: October 22, 2013 04:47PM

Just ran into one of these guys about a half hour ago in Hamilton. White rented Acura SUV. He asked for directions for Toronto Airport. Gave me a card saying he was a designer for Ferrari. Name was Luigi Libero from Milano. Told him my wife is from Rome. He gives me 3 jackets and says he lost $3000 at Niagara Falls Casino and want to buy his daughter a present before flying home. Wants $600 for 4th jacket. I say no, he says whatever i can pay. He finally says $200. I give him back jackets and walk away. I had $1700 on me but i wasn't giving him any.

Posted by: Karma is a bitch ()
Date: October 25, 2013 05:02PM

Beware these guys are in Toronoto, Ontario.

My dad got dupped into buying a jacket for $100.

This took place at the Newtonbrook Plaza at the intersection Cummer and Yonge Street.

Same scam everyone is posting, 2 italians guys with rented suv claiming they need directions to airport.

Posted by: Tards Everywhere I Look ()
Date: October 25, 2013 08:35PM

Damn, there sure are a lot of fucking dumb people in Canada getting duped. LOL...Canadians... fucking idiots.

Posted by: don't get scammed ()
Date: October 25, 2013 10:52PM

Milpitas, California 10/25/13: Milan, Italian guy asking for directions to the airport, coming from a fashion show with Armani, not wanting to take his jackets because he doesn't want to pay custom fees, he gave my friend 7 jackets and asked if he can get $800 to buy an iphone for his daughter.
He claimed he was 43 with twin 14 year old daughters. He did't want the iphone my friend offered him because he said he wanted a new one.
Don't give this guy anything! Don't take the jackets!
Driving a Black Jeep Cherokee - probably a rental: 7BLU633

Posted by: Batman ()
Date: October 25, 2013 11:48PM

I purchased the jackets, he asked me for $300..
I gave him 100 for 3...
even if they are fake,,,they are excellent, I have no complaints about quality..
if they are smart enough, they can have their own store with no problems and ask for more money in a legal way...
anyway I'm happy with the products..

Posted by: Bummer ()
Date: October 26, 2013 06:21PM

Sherman Oaks, CA - parking lot Wells Fargo Bank. SAME STORY. $200 gone. Crummy knock-off jackets. Wrong size! Business card, Italian accent. SCUM.

Posted by: Scammers everywhere ()
Date: October 29, 2013 08:12PM

Just got scammed from this...one guy still in Toronto by the name of Antonio D. In a black Jeep which he claims was rented from Budget. Same deal - asking for direction to airport.

Talked about how paying tax on 4 jackets would max his credit limit, and basically wanted me to pay his rental car bill in exchange for the coats which can be exchanged for money back.

Clever too, made an excuse to note down the contact person for exchange on my cell phone so I didn't have a chance to look up google while I went to withdraw money. Alarm bells should have gone off, but maybe I was tired and think much about this. Life lesson I guess - got to stick to "if it's too good to be true, it's a scam." 24/7 from now on.

Posted by: Jef ()
Date: October 31, 2013 09:14PM

Just was scamed yesterday, by one italian men in Little Neck, NY

Posted by: Pedro () ()
Date: October 31, 2013 11:48PM

Daly City, CA....Bank of America parking lot. Same modus operandi. $80 gone.

Posted by: venus berrios ()
Date: November 01, 2013 09:48PM

11/1/13 Ft. Lauderdale Fl. Husband came home with 3 jackets. they smell like leather. he bought them from an italian man who asked if he spoke italian ( seems like the norm) he bought all 3 for 60.00 dollars total, hubby said thats all he had. I love the jackets. smells real, looks real and looks sharp. great deal for great jackets . I'm not complaining.

Posted by: Chuck.... ()
Date: November 03, 2013 07:29PM

My dad was approached by an "Italian" guy outside of home depot in Westminster, CA. Said he was from Italy. Had a passport, a map, and a rental car folder, asked for directions to LAX airport. Told my dad he was a nice guy, gave him a phony business card, and said he wanted to give him 4 free jackets since they weren't his size. Dad did not fall for it.
Attachments:
armani card.jpg

Posted by: paul12312412 ()
Date: November 03, 2013 08:55PM

VANCOUVER, BC

3 Nov 2013 - same story, 12 leather jackets for 1000$, smooth guy, italian 30 yo, nicely dressed, really convincing, heading to the airport, asking for directions etc. etc. SILVER SUV RENATAL! F***!

Posted by: Scam guy ()
Date: November 04, 2013 08:26PM

Same thing same tactics.they are here at LoS angeles the italy guy..

Posted by: Tay ()
Date: November 06, 2013 07:03PM

West Palm Beach Florida 6 fake ass watches 200.00
I must say I saw it coming.

Posted by: lozer ()
Date: November 08, 2013 08:31PM

They in Michigan now I bought 4 jackets for 150 and came home to find this on internet

Posted by: freddy garza ()
Date: November 10, 2013 09:13AM

Yea just got ripped off by these ass&%@!@ at a gas station in odessa texas!! Same scam hope we see them again and its not going to be pretty lol

Posted by: Xxxx ()
Date: November 13, 2013 09:30PM

Buyer beware,

Same happen to me at a local Home Depot here in Worcester,Ma.
An Italian guy with the same story. That leather jacket I bought for $50.00
Seems decent but I wish I had never bought it.

Posted by: Miko98 ()
Date: November 15, 2013 08:30PM

Daly City, CA
11/14/13

Happened to me while waiting for my shift to start. One Italian guy, bruce willis hair, scar on right eyebrow, goes by the name "Mr. Giuseppe L.", driving a grayish-blue Mercedes SUV, asked for directions to the airport. Then he pulled over to a parking lot to show me the jackets that he's boss gave to him as a present, and offered me $200 for 4 jackets that he said was around $7000. I told him I only have $100, said it was fine, but I still didn't fall for it 'coz it was too good to be true. We waved our goodbyes and his last words to me was "You are very intelligent". Fuck him.

Posted by: Karma1 ()
Date: November 16, 2013 12:05AM

i got ripped off by this fucking little italian men that i hope i see him again. i bought 6 fake ass watches for $350. he is a mind fuck and becareful guys. Same story ask for direction, italian passport, he does not need cash... this is by the way happened in Sunny iles beach, FL!

Posted by: D ()
Date: November 17, 2013 03:06PM

Skinny well dressed Italian young guy just got me for 4 Jackets. I never fall for this shit but he was smooth. Happened in a plaza in Maple, Ontario (Vaughan). Same story about the directions to the airport and not wanting to pay taxes.

He was driving a black Acura MDX Please do not fall for this bastard and take a pic of him lets get these scum bags. Its the way they are doing it saying there so expensive maybe it would not be so bad if they just tell you the truth.

Re: Beware - italian in a black SUV fake a collezioni leather jackets
Posted by: felix ()
Date: November 17, 2013 10:10PM

samething happen to me outside the mall in la i got ripped of $200 for 4 fake jackets i hope fbi gets this guys n gives him alot of time in jail i would testify if they capture him which i know they are sooner or later someone is going to kill this son of a bitch

Posted by: ZEROZX ()
Date: November 18, 2013 02:48PM

hi guys this happen to me to i was cleaning my car and some italain guy just asked me if i spoke spanish not english and i said yes so then he said where is jfk airport located i told him i dont know so then he said i need money to go back to italy and that he was model so then he showed me a jacket he supposely got as a gift then he wanted to sell me 4 for 450 then i told him i was broke i had no money only 50 dollars and then he said ok 50 for one and then i told him this is for my phone bill so then he said 30 and thats it so i gave him 30 and i got the jacket but then looked up the mark and found out it was a fake replica of the real one -_- BEWARE !!

Posted by: Erick1 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 10:11AM

As this Italian dude tried selling me these watches I looked them up online and came up to this forum. Thanks to you all i was able to realize the scam and told him i was calling police for ripping off people. The guy took of in a rental suv. He is close to miami intl airport. Beware! And thank you

Posted by: Ismail ()
Date: November 19, 2013 07:02PM

The italian guy got me this morning downtown toronto and made me pay 175 for three jakets, if i see him again i gonna breack his bones.

If you see him let me know

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: November 19, 2013 07:11PM

Sesame Street: Wanna Buy An Eight Ernie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfelvI_ikf4

Posted by: 3487769201 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 09:54PM

It happened to me on Post St in San Francisco, CA, near Polk St.

The guy was driving a white SUV, think it was a Porche or maybe a BMW.

He asked for directions. Gave me his business card. I lived in Italy, so we discussed that a bit. He then offered to "give" me a jacket "because I was a nice guy". He pulled out a jacket, did a sales pitch about how nice it was, asked me to touch it. Then he pulled out 2 more male jackets. Then asked about my wife. I gave a description of her size, and he pulled out a female jacket.

At this point, the story could have made some sense, because he claimed he was returning from a business trip and did not want to pay Italian Taxes when he brought them across the border. (though, if I had been him, I would have given the jackets to someone at the store.... but hey, not everyone thinks ahead).

Then the stig happened.

"I need a tablet for my son, could you help me get him one?" He then made up some BS about why he could not get one.

I asked if I could send him a ipad via Amazon. He seemed confused by that idea.

So I declined the "gift".

search words: business card reading:

rocco.l manager

Giorgio Armani
Emporio Armani
Collezioni

Posted by: Ismail ()
Date: November 20, 2013 11:16AM

Please if any body see them or knows what hotel they are stying in Toronto Ontario let me know i gonna make them the best surprise of their lifes email me: baronrouge22@hotmail.com

Posted by: GIOVANNI ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:13PM

HEY, I WANNA ONE OF DOS JACKETS! WHEREA I GETTA ONE OR MEBBE MO? SOUNDA LIKA GOOD DEALA TO ME. YOUA DRIVE YOUR SUV TO BOSTON AND YOU MAKKA KILLIN.

Date: November 21, 2013 12:39AM

At least one of these guys is in San Francisco--as of today, 11/20/13. This afternoon, I was walking on Eddy Street, near Jones--not exactly the best area for the Giorgio Armani Collezioni. An SUZ drew up to the curb, and the Italian accented driver asker the way to Highway 101. Soon after, the driver, "Rocco L., Manager" gave me his card and told me the story of the sample garments he could not take back to Milano. He even showed them to me and told me that I could have all the beautiful items (in my perfect size) for only a few hundred dollars (I'm estimating that, if genuine, there must have been $4,000. to $5,000. in retail value.) I told him that I had only about $16.00 in my pocket and declined his invitation to drive me to an ATM. Then I told him that, actually, I had no funds, period, in any bank. I wished him good-bye and went on my way. Of course, it was a scam, but I'm curious enough to want to learn more about the modus operandi. The "sample" garments I saw seemed to be of very fine quality and construction.

Has anyone else encounteredthis person? And.......?

Posted by: Ray ()
Date: November 21, 2013 01:37AM

Just encountered the same exact Rocco L. today, 11/20/13 at the Chevron gas station in the sunset district of San Francisco. I'm assuming these guys are all in together on this.. I regrettably gave him 250 of my hard-earned dollars. He sounded very natural and was very well-dressed. He didn't try to "sell" me the jackets (they did feel and look nice).. My only intentions were to help him out with the purchase of his "daughter"'s iphone 5c, due to his italian credit card bs. Lesson learned.

No point dwelling on this now- The money I can earn back, but damn did it hurt my my ego. I'm sure karma is a bitch.

Posted by: RickP4653 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 02:08PM

I bought 6 watches yesterday in Miami, Sounds like there here for the winter. ! Italian guy, in a silver Infinity SUV with the airport story. He is good at his trade. Beware Miami!

Posted by: Franco ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:27PM

Well, I guess I'm not as gulible as my wife thinks. i was approached by Luigi in the Home Depot parking lot at Airport Rd. and Highway 7. Luigi offered me a few jackets for assisting him with directions to the airport as he was leaving for Italy and was lost. I thanked him, took the jackets and left, might I add without paying. I was very considerate and did not take one for my wife and daughter. I only got 2 jackets, one for me and one for my son. Luigi was so stunned, when i shook his hand and told him it was nice meeting him then I left. Finally, the scammer got scammed.

Posted by: Edmund Lim ()
Date: November 25, 2013 07:30PM

Hi,

this just happened to me at downtown Toronto @ Queens St W. Goes by the name of Antonio D. This time, he was in a White SUV which he claims was rented from Budget. Same deal - asking for direction to airport.

He was VERY very smooth.. talked about having to pay duty on 6 jackets and that would max out his credit and asked for help with his rental car bill. I declined on accepting his Jackets and he said he really needed my help on the rental bill.

He took advantage of my kind nature and said what a nice guy I am to help him as I am the only one that stopped to give him directions. I told him when he returns next Feb, I will return him the Jackets. He went with me into the bank as I withdraw money. The lesson taught today cost me $2350.00 CAD.

People are going to laugh at me for being so gullible. I don't know.. I looked him in the eye and he swears on his son's life that he isn't out to scam me. He has a very sincere look and I thought he was geniune. I am very disappointed in this world.. How does he sleep at night? I mean I didn't want the Jackets or the supposed profit for returning it to the store. He knew that since I told him that. Makes me sad. This world is so cruel and being kind isn't an attribute.

I called the cops and hopefully they can ID him as he came into the bank with me. He should be caught on tape.

I googled and found this and it seems this is a pretty big organization as it's all over world.

Posted by: app ()
Date: November 26, 2013 06:24PM

Approached by Francesco De Martino Nov. 23,2013 Chase bank Palm desert. Same scam need directons to the airport. Then, wanted to give me a gift. As he handed me th bag wanted $200.00 to get his wife a gift in Italy. Wanted to give me three leather type jackets already in a Armani bag. Also presentd his business card. Said he was in town for an Armani event. Never gave him a cent. Smooth scammer thou...I could see some older individuals getting ripped off.

Armani Suit / Directions to Airport Scam
Posted by: O.M. ()
Date: November 26, 2013 07:22PM

11-26-2013 Coming out of a Taco joint and a man pulled up and asked me for directions to the Las Vegas Airport.

He said he was from Italy and worked with a company that makes clothes similar to Armani and had just left a tradeshow at the Bellagio

I gave him the directions and then he said he wanted to give me a gift and pulled a couple jackets out of his back seat still wrapped in plastic

He said they were worth about $1000 each and he would have to pay taxes on them in customs so he would give them to me for $200

I told him no thank you - that the directions were free and started to tried to say goodbye and he said "How much do you have?" I replied I had no money on me and reached into my pocket and found a $20/Bill

I told him that was all I had and he asked what about going to an ATM and getting a $100 and I told him know,

At the end he gave me one jacket and took the $20 and rode off with a angry look on his face :)

The jackets are being sold on ebay (Faux Leather) for $59 and have a chemical smell that smells like chuck taylor tennis shoes...

arizona plates on his vehicle

Posted by: JoeDr ()
Date: November 27, 2013 08:16PM

The same happened to me yesterday on Geary Street in San Francisco (Nov, 2013). In this case, he wanted $300 to buy a Tablet for his son's birthday the next day. He was flying back to Milan and didn't have a chance to do it while on business in San Francico. I said he'd do better using the jackets to barter for a Tablet at the Apple store at the airport. I have to say he was very affable and slick!

Re: Beware - one italian guy in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: GullibleGuy ()
Date: November 28, 2013 12:50AM

Italian in a white Mazda SUV in Richmond Hill, Ontario claimed to be a designer for Ferrari and Lamborghini and had a business card to prove it (Luigi). Then I figured he meant their clothing line. He Was giving me "gifts" of AE di Milano leather jackets in return for giving him directions to the airport. No bull about no-one else being willing—that would have been a tip-off. Very convincing and believable story. Then claimed to have dropped all his money at Casino Rama and needed some for a gift he had promised to buy his daughter. Oh yeah!

Re: Beware - one italian guy in small black KIA - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Ron C ()
Date: December 02, 2013 12:46PM

Just ripped off for $550.00 for 8 jackets, supposedly leather...not. This was at the LCBO Hopedale Mall, Oakville Ontario about 12:15 p.m. (noon) Reported to Halton Police.

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV Jeep - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: felix ()
Date: December 04, 2013 08:47PM

I wish i can read this webpage earlier. I gived 3000 dollars this afternoon by fucking Italian son of bitch named ANTONIO D. all he is saying to me is bullshit and lies. never turst a random guy.

Posted by: facepalm ()
Date: December 05, 2013 02:58PM

You fucktards probably gave money to a Saudi Arabian price who needed help claiming his money

Posted by: Nick ()
Date: December 05, 2013 08:35PM

Hi buddy,

My name is nick I got scammed 3000.00$. Can you please let me know your contact information as I have some questions regarding this guy. I wanna catch this sob.

Thanks a ton,
Nick.

Posted by: Nick ()
Date: December 05, 2013 08:38PM

Hi Zack,

Can you please give me your contact information.

I got scammed too. I wanna catch this sob.

Regards,
Nick

Posted by: vus ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:04PM

Dec 11th as i came out of the langstaff GO station Richmond hill, and walking East towards Walmart a similar guy in SUV approached me requested me for directions to aiport and showed his passport and car rental receipt and asked directions, claimed he has a flight to milano and he badly needed money as he lost in a casino and he wanted to give me the three jackets for 600 $ and then finally he made me draw 160$ from an ATM and took it.

The jackets were not Armani (for those who think i deserved it to be greedy to buy armani cheaper) , but my intention was not to give for free but help him reach back until when i opened the internet and saw i was a victim like all the above.

But i think it is a scam which needs to be stopped as someone may part the 6000$ he quoted it for claiming he needed money to travel. i lost 160 bucks but BE CAREFUL.

Sympathy and good helping thoughts seems a very dangerous character to have on the street.

THE CAR NO I TRIED TO REMEMBER IS ANT 575 HUNDAI SUV He is around for more victims and well dressed and will not come out of the vehicle.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS I CAN NOW IMAGINE HE IS VERY DANGEROUS PERSON TO BE AROUND IN RICHMOND HILL.

Posted by: vus ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:11PM

i think the same guy got me. Do you have any clues how to stop this person from going further?

Posted by: Robert Garcia ()
Date: December 12, 2013 02:46PM

They are in Midland tx..
Supposedly headed to Dallas tx
They just got me...-.-...
4 jackets for 130.00... Nice though

Posted by: carl's jr. ()
Date: December 23, 2013 06:35PM

Today, in Hayward, CA... Older guy in striped dress shirt, flashing red passport and some credit card looking business card.

Originally asked if I spoke Italian (even though I'm clearly Asian). Said he was coming from an Armani fashion show, the usual BS as stated in all these other posts. Showed me the "Italian leather" lighter trick... Tried talking me into buying some jackets, originally for $600 for 5... Kept saying no thanks, and I didn't have money. After a while, he said he would just give me a jacket. I declined. Weird thing was, he still kept pressing, to see if I would just buy one. While ignoring him for a minute, did a google search on my phone and found this thread... Just walked away after that.

Writing this later, to warn others.

He then sped off... Last seen heading toward 880 Freeway, in a Black Nissan Quest mini-van. Did not get license plate, sorry.

Posted by: ALICE ()
Date: December 27, 2013 11:30PM

They got my husband here in Edmonton Alberta just before Christmas. ENZO

Posted by: Moochie Bantonni ()
Date: January 06, 2014 12:29AM

Are Italians really White? I thought they were a Mix of Greek, North African, Sicilian and Calzone!

Posted by: Antonio ()
Date: January 06, 2014 06:06AM

Same scammers got me yesterday 1/4/13 in Corte Madera Calif on Sir Francis Drake Blvd near SF. Guy came up to me in gas station and asked for directions to SF airport. I gave him directions then... He asked me if I am Italian and that I am a Very Nice guy.I said yes, My Mother is Italian why do you ask me?

Then gave me the story that he was coming from a trade show and going to Italy tonight and does not want to pay Import Tax bla, bla bla. I give them to you as a gift and 1 for your wife? what size is she? So he gives me4 of them and then ask me to pay for only 1? I said oh no, I don't have that kind of money.

Can you give me anything bc these are worth $5k-$6k for 4. He showed me the price from the catalog he had? So I said here I give them back to you and he said give me anything you want. So I looked at the "Armani" Jackets and they looked pretty good at the time and I give him $200.SO he left and is coming back he said on Feb22 and he will call me. He gave me his Fake Emporio Armani card from Milan also.Also said his brother owns the BEST restaurant in Milan and when I go I can eat there for free bc His brother and I have the same Name Antonio!! Wow, I was a sucker. They are pretty good looking fakes though..

But they have a weird smell like chemical? I will air them out and see if that helps and give them away as a SPECIAL gift to friends! I blame myself. I should know better. I hope he calls me in February. I will pretend I want to by more and have him meet me and call the police.

Posted by: Kyp ()
Date: January 19, 2014 10:05PM

January 18, 2014
Hialeah, Florida

Balding guy in SUV approached me and asked for help.
Very smooth talker. I was about to cry. :-)
His story was that he had to return to Italy and had to pay 30% tax on 4 watches he had. Showed his Italian "passport" and rental car agreement.
He showed the watches and their "sticker" price $300-$500 Euros.
He said he would give me all four for a low price.
I saw where this was headed so I said "$50 for all four."
He said he'd give one for $50.
He showed me the website on his cheap MetroPCS phone.
The website showed expensive watches.
I said sorry and showed him Ebay prices on my phone $20-50.
He said, "It's OK. Thank you for your help" and left.

Posted by: AG ()
Date: January 22, 2014 09:36PM

22 JAN 14 @ 1730

Same scam. Approached in Las Vegas, off Alta and Fort Apache by CVS. Asked for directions to airport as he had flight at 8pm (it was now 530), gave them, then asked if I had ever been to Italy. He gave me a business card with "Guiseppe Aurelio, Manager, G/A Collezzione", and was holding passport and rental papers in hand. Car started to beep as him when chatting as he was blocking parking area, so he pulls off to side.

Whole story about going back to Italy, talking about taxes and the like. I then say "the VAT is pretty high there" as I have done business in Italy. He was somewhat confused, so immediatly told me something wrong. He then opens the back door of his black Cadillac SUV (Cali tags) and starts showing me jackets that were mysteriously my size. Then shows me the tag on the bottom corner of each jacket, and the "made in Italy" on the label. I did smell leather, but it was a bit strong and off. He then put four jackets into a black bag, and asked what my wife's size was. Told him a 10, he was confused and then said "ah, like Sophia Lauren", really? Then shows me another jacket, puts it into another bag and hands it to me stating they are free for helping him out.

He then starts to get into whole story about his son turning 10, wanting to buy a gift for him. Then shows me his rental receipt for $1385 and asking for $400 to help him out and I could keep the jackets. How he won't have to pay the taxes and will have money when arriving in Italy to buy a gift. I knew it was a scam, as he went from "free gifts" to money for a rental car. I told him I didn't have that much in the bank, etc and he kept persisting. I told him I could give him around $50 for them, although I had no intention as I knew where this was going. I unzip my jacket and move it back to the side and he see's that I am carrying a firearm. His next words were, "you work for polizia?". I didn't answer and he starts with, "I really need to get to airport, my flight leaves soon". He grabs the bags and throws them into the truck, closes the door and hops into the drivers seat, closes door and pulls off rather quickly. Not speeding, but quick. Wow, thought you had a few hours...

Needless to say, I didn't buy any, but the scam is alive and well. BTW, used to sell those speakers (Pro Poly Series 2001's) back in Chicago for a few weeks back in the late-80's. It's all scripted, etc. Speakers cost about $80/pair, brochures said $2k. What you collected above the 80 was yours to split with you partner. Sales people will do anything, I'm just not cut out for it so didn't make a living out of it. Beware!

Posted by: Bones ()
Date: January 28, 2014 05:00PM

Im going to skin these mother fuckers when I see them. Actually, it doesnt even have to be the same person that approched me. Just to teach these low life scam artists a lesson. God help the next person trying to sell me something on the street.

Posted by: avk009 ()
Date: February 03, 2014 06:08PM

Just got scammed by this fucker... working alone. White bmw SUV. same shit. on his way to airport, cant take them on the plane with him because hed have to pay tax on it, sold me two for 100 bucks. Told me to take one back to macy's and return it for cash.

all i can say is karma will catch up to him. He will die a slow lonely painful death. Im not even angry anymore... I pity his existence.

Posted by: Ted ()
Date: February 03, 2014 08:36PM

I ran into this guys too and they told me exact same story the airlines tickets all that story ..gave him $180.00 for the jackets. This was in April 2013.
Guess what? ... Ran into them again today, maybe they didnt recognize me but different story this time haha .. Police was passing by and I told them the story they confiscated his car, he had lots of bags with jackets in it ..so he went home walking with a ticket... The had many traffic violation.

Posted by: Ted ()
Date: February 03, 2014 08:44PM

That's the guy ! White BMW SUV.. This happened in Santa Monica.

Posted by: Gaby ()
Date: February 06, 2014 07:02PM

Gas station in Miami, Florida. One Italian guy told me that he was flying back to Italy. That he works for Emporio watches, and that he could not take them back with him. So he sold me 5 watches for $200.. fake off course. I feel stupid!

Posted by: Jim, milton ON ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:41AM

It was just one guy this time in Home depot lot but the patter was the same He came down to $100.00

Driving a Dodge Caravan said it was rented butlooked too well used.

Asked for directions to the Aiport said he was going home to Italy gave me his 'Business Card' -- said he did not want to pay taxes on coats - needed cash to buy wife a gift

I did not bite To Good to be true

Keep your wits about you guys & gals

Posted by: Metralogia ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:16PM

I was just approached by an Italian man in what looked to be a rental suv who needed directions to the airport and asked if I spoke spanish because he knows no English and little spanish and very few italian speakers in St. Cloud FL. So why not approach a Puerto Rican right?
Well he tells me he works for Armani and is a designer for their watches and tells me the whole tax deal and how he was going to lose $800 if he tries to take all the watches through the plane. He said if I buy one of his watches at $250 he will give me all 6 watches. My offer was $175 it took a Lil bit and he took it. I am feeling pretty good the watches look nice. Don't know how much I can get for them though. My wife is passed btw lol

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.