HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: ismaelc ()
Date: February 21, 2013 12:21AM

I was approached yesterday. It was a good story until he asked me to board his car. He gave me his card too (see attached).
Attachments:
WP_001651.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ian Weldon ()
Date: February 21, 2013 12:45AM

They were here at McMurdo Station today. I was out changing the tread on a snow cat and these two guidos rolled up in a white SUV, nearly taking out a group of penguins who were standing around watching. They asked for directions to the Sea Ice Runway and said they had to catch a flight back to Christchurch. When I pointed the way, they thanked me and said they would not be able to fit all Corinthian leather jackets on the plane. They wanted $900 for 10 jackets and offered to throw in a couple Armani suits. I thought the jackets looked good, but I had no use for the suits as down here in Antarctica we are business casual. Ended up giving him $100 NZ currency and a walrus tusk for the lot. I think I got a good deal. The guys definitely looked shady: had bad breath and smelled like they just got off the boat. I'm happy though and already sold 5 of the jackets for $50 US each.

Posted by: luis ()
Date: February 21, 2013 04:07AM

Damn we should all report this fu×××× they just ripped me of with $500dollars outside the mall. I think I'm the stupid ass one of their scam crew.

Posted by: Sucker ()
Date: February 21, 2013 07:26PM

Same thing just happened to me in WeHo. Off Sunset and Sweetzer. This Gianni.L Mario. I should have read his business card more carefully. The email address is fake. I would love to see this dude again and get him arrested. Watch out for the SUV...need direction to the airport...just came from a show...didn't want to pay taxes...daughter needs an iPad...only gave this dude a few bucks but still...weird and creepy.

Posted by: ArfArf ()
Date: February 22, 2013 05:46PM

Ian Weldon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They were here at McMurdo Station today. I was
> out changing the tread on a snow cat and these two
> guidos rolled up in a white SUV, nearly taking out
> a group of penguins who were standing around
> watching. They asked for directions to the Sea
> Ice Runway and said they had to catch a flight
> back to Christchurch. When I pointed the way, they
> thanked me and said they would not be able to fit
> all Corinthian leather jackets on the plane. They
> wanted $900 for 10 jackets and offered to throw in
> a couple Armani suits. I thought the jackets
> looked good, but I had no use for the suits as
> down here in Antarctica we are business casual.
> Ended up giving him $100 NZ currency and a walrus
> tusk for the lot. I think I got a good deal. The
> guys definitely looked shady: had bad breath and
> smelled like they just got off the boat. I'm
> happy though and already sold 5 of the jackets for
> $50 US each.

I guess they're having a hard time finding new areas to scam, huh.

Posted by: Carlos ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:27PM

I just got out of he bank and one guy on van told me if I could help him with some money and he sold me 6 jackets for 300 dollars in montebello California

Posted by: maria rodriguez ()
Date: February 22, 2013 11:58PM

I should read this before... now its to fuc$#@ late to me! I lost $400 for four fakes jackets

Posted by: RA ()
Date: February 23, 2013 04:04AM

Guess what? They are back in San Francisco. This time I was approach by only one. I was on my way to dinner, when this guy on a SUV pulled over to ask directions to the airport. Show me his Italian passport and asked me if I speak italian. I gave directions to the airport and in return as a thank you wanted to give 5 Armani leather jackets. He said that if he took them back will have to pay customs fees.

So far he was pretty convincing until he pulled a lighter to proved they were real leather, unfortunately that gave him away. That was the same technique I saw in Venice, Italy by the Nigerians selling fake Louis Vuitton bags. Then he asked me for money, he said he wanted to buy an iPad to his son. At that point I handed him back his jackets and told him I was late for dinner.

BEWARE! THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD AND CONVINCING AND HONEST LOOKING BUT THEY ARE NOT.

Posted by: Nanook ()
Date: February 23, 2013 01:59PM

Yeah they got me in Yellowknife, NWT this morning. It was just the one guy in an SUV. Greasy looking Italian guy with bad breath and body odor. He pulled out the lighter and I knew the jackets were not real leather. They looked good so I bought 5 of them anyway and gave him what he thought were 10 beaver pelts. Joke is on him as it was just a bag of dead squirrels. He was headed down the Great Slave Lake last I saw him. Jackets are nice and warm and I gave the other 4 away to some indigenous people.

Posted by: Skinny Vegas ()
Date: February 23, 2013 04:35PM

Same deal in Beverly Hills but one guy in a Mercedes SUV and wanted $1,000 to buy an iPad for daughters birthday. I passed thought it was a scam but he was convincing up to the point where he asked for money.

Posted by: DOH ()
Date: February 23, 2013 04:59PM

Same two greasy-looking italian guys in a white SUV just rolled up to me while I was standing outside the main terminal at Doha International Airport, Doha, Qatar. They said they were leaving on a flight to Kathmandu and could not pay the customs duty on their leather jackets. They offered to sell me ten for $10,000. I offered them $9,999 cash for the fake leather jackets and they seemed happy about the deal. Little did they know it was all low-quality counterfeit bills that I was going to throw out anyway. Jackets are nice but it is too warm for them here. I'm putting them on eBay starting bid $300 no reserve, place your bids now.

Posted by: chevelle ()
Date: February 24, 2013 04:56PM

It happened in San Antonio , Tx. Today i went to get gas for the week barely making ends meet. When this guy in a white 2013 chevy Equinox suv comes by an asks if i speak italian or spanish , so i started talking to him , told me the same storie that i just read. The one where he is going back to Italy an his boss left him these jackets. So anyway i bought 7 for $300 , I guess i'm a country bumken , don't know real leather from fake. trust me on this , i'm not taking this to the law. I will catch them , an skin them alive like a pig! If u wanna know what he looks like - skinny, 5'8" - 5' 10" bald Caucasian, & can talk his ass off. Better catch him before I do!

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 25, 2013 09:56AM

I wonder how much money you would have if you just added up all the people in this thread that have been taken? Enough for an ipad? I'd say so!

Posted by: Ruben ()
Date: February 25, 2013 07:44PM

They are in Los Angeles right now. one of them just tried to give me 3 jackets
asking for $200 to help buy an Ipad for his daughter...Using a Giorgio Armani Business card..name Gianni.L Mario as a Manager with italy address
He was by himself short hair, unshaved, driving a SUV Cream Color Escalade...and i'd get 3 jackets for it...

They are currently driving in Rodeo Drive area in Beverly Hills, CA

Posted by: Ruben ()
Date: February 25, 2013 07:45PM

but i didn't give him any money at all.

Posted by: Samie ()
Date: February 26, 2013 09:48PM

One guy hit Big Spring, Texas (West Texas) today. Friend of mine was approached...did not buy anything.

Posted by: Tony Soprano ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:17PM

Forget aboutit

Posted by: JRA ()
Date: February 27, 2013 02:58PM

In La Jolla, CA on 2/26/13 Just one guy Same spiel Hooked me.

Posted by: Arron ()
Date: February 27, 2013 05:22PM

Yep same dude in Caddy SUV. Total scam and didn't fall for it.

Posted by: universe1 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 09:52PM

Saw one of them ("Luigi") tonight doing groceries shopping.
I don't think he is Italian...
However, Police can't do anything about it unless they are caught on the spot, so only manufacturer (ARMANI) can get involved with this matter.
But if Armani handles it accordingly, imagine how many people will testify on this guy in court? :)

Posted by: Sylvester ()
Date: March 03, 2013 11:36PM

The same thing happen to me in Edmonton, Canada in Oct.2012. Next day I also called our local crime stoppers but they didn't nothing. I told them that they are on a bank machine's tape recorder whey I was taking money out for them but they wouldn't release this to me without written judge permission. They took from me $400 cash and I was left with 3 fake vinyl jackets which my wife give away to Value Village for free. They also did the same thing for another fellow working at our local gas station. He was smarter than me and give them only $50 and that was the same day. Watch out for the SUV...need direction to the airport...just came from a show...didn't want to pay taxes at the airport...his nephew in Italy for his birthday needs an iPad...same story.
I hope they will get caught someday because probably now they are reading our story and just laughing on us. I recommend we should create a separate web site and enter amounts we have lots to them but were our hard working police to stop them. I hope some of us will get some money back one day.

Posted by: G Stone ()
Date: March 04, 2013 06:09PM

Just ran into the Italian fellow in the Wells Fargo Parking Lot in downtown Lao Jolla. He said he was lost trying to find the San Diego Airport. he showed an Italien passport and rental car agrement to prove he was legit. He said he is from Milan and that he had three XXL jackets he wanted to give me for being so kind as to direct him to the San Diego Airport. He handed me the jackets in a bag and then asked if I could give him an IPad for his daugther. I gave him the bag back. He then drove off to find another sucker.

Posted by: Malcolm ()
Date: March 05, 2013 12:18PM

He was just in downtown Madrid. One Italian guy in a white SUV drove up and asked me for directions to Barajas Airport. Said he had just arrived on the train and was flying to India but could not take all his jackets with him. I bought a total of 4 jackets, 3 of size XL, and 1 size large, for 500 Euro. He put the money in his wallet. Before he drove off I picked his pocket and stole the wallet. It had over 6,000 Euro and 7,000 US. The jackets seem to run small. Nice quality simulated leather.

Posted by: james C ()
Date: March 06, 2013 12:59AM

Same Here

at wilshire and Mariposa (next to Normandie)

He was riding white SUV and asking direction to LAX.

when the conversation was going on, the Parking enforcement gave him a parking ticket.

I bought 3 jacket for $800.

The time was 11:20~11:25 March 5th where on Mariposa Street.

need more info, contact me at exr321@gmail.com

Posted by: Vijay Singh ()
Date: March 06, 2013 02:53PM

I too have just had encounter with the Italian gentlemen, now in Mumbai India. They were again in the same white SUV. They come to my place of business in the Fort District to ask for direction to Chhatrapati Shivaji airport. In return to show appreciation they offered to sell me 10 simulated leather jackets for the price of R 30,000 (Rupees) each. After consulting my financial advisor, I traded them counterfeit Revlon cosmetics. They said they will be going to Africa.

Posted by: RandB ()
Date: March 06, 2013 04:32PM

Totally got scammed. I'm an official dumbass now. Hate myself. Skinny little bastard in La Jolla at gas station. Same story as above.

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: March 06, 2013 09:03PM

GOT HIM!

The dirtbags tried to sell me their fake Emporio Armani a little over a month ago near LACMA in Los Angeles. I didn't fall for it. I did have his card and found this thread and wished to God I would have taken a picture. Wishes do come true as the same idiot stopped me on the West side of LA today. I have a picture of his car and license plate. It is a VW SUV and the license plate is 6ZHDO36 California Plate I don't know if it is letter or or number zero but one of the two should work. It is a light silver VW.

HA! That jerk...... He is giving out a fake Armani business card that now reads GIANNI.A

This happened on March 6th in case he may have been driving a rental.

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: March 06, 2013 09:18PM

HERE HE IS!!!

Same douchebag tried to scam me a month and a half ago. I wished I had gotten his license plate then and today my wish came true!!
CALIFORNIA 6ZHD036

Same story both times, airport, free jackets, just buy one,,,blah blah blah.
He changed his business card and now goes by GIanni A.
The A is for, guess what, A$$Hole

Do what you want with this info. I got a photo of him too but it is really blurry. so it wasn't worth putting up. Damn!
Attachments:
IMG_8110.jpg
IMG_8118.jpg

Posted by: will ()
Date: March 07, 2013 10:36PM

The Italian coat blokes are now in Northumberland, UK. They was pulled over in the Holl's Pub lot off the A696. Come quick they only got 20 or so left. I got 2 and me mate got him 2 as well. The blokes right dodgy, and we're gonna fix em good.

Posted by: Young ()
Date: March 08, 2013 12:24AM

F ing scumbags got me today in Piscataway NJ can't wait to catch them...Blue Volkswagen Suv.. I'm gonna punish him or his scumbag friends if I catch them..

Posted by: SUCKER ()
Date: March 08, 2013 01:02AM

This mother fucker scammed the shit out of my dad! sold him 7 plastic smelly ass moda italy jackets!! not even real leather...If i find this itialian scam artist i will beat the shit out of him and then proceed to call the police! Do not buy Jackets from an itilian man claiming to leave to the airport!!!!!!

Posted by: Victim ()
Date: March 08, 2013 01:32AM

Beverly Hills. Just the same story with the airport, the same business card and asking for an i-pod for the daughter. I got 4 fake but very nice jackets for 200 bucks. A pity that I have discovered they are a scam, but in any case the whole family are enjoying the jackets.

Posted by: Yesterday ()
Date: March 08, 2013 01:16PM

How are these guys getting around so quick? Columbus, OH yesterday, March 7th 2013 at 5pm

Happened to a guy I work with. Same story: 8 jackets, lighter test, didn't want to pay to take them back, showed Italian passport and plane ticket to Italy.

Anyway, my co-worker purchased 8 jackets for $400. As I walked out toward them, the guy hustled away quickly before I could even get to them.

Asked co-worker what happened and voila, he told me the same story that happened to many of you.

BTW, he still believes it was his lucky day and didn't get scammed.

Poor bastard.

Posted by: juanpasco ()
Date: March 08, 2013 06:51PM

Same story. This morning at 10:20 am. Quito, Ecuador, near the Santa Catalina monastery on Eugenio Espejo. Two smelly unkempt Italians. Asked for directions to the new Mariscal Sucre International Airport. Bought 10 jackets for $200 US. The left in a hurry. I already sold 5 of the jackets for $50-$100 each. Nice profit.

Posted by: Lee Habibi ()
Date: March 08, 2013 07:01PM

Oh my god, I was approached by this Gianni two days ago in Los Angeles, CA. with same story I almost fell for it, but I didn't have any cash on me. these guys are good, with same bad breath and driving SUV.

Posted by: Beware ()
Date: March 08, 2013 08:09PM

These guys just hit up a friend of mine ...I've passed this to my friends a BHPD who are looking out for them now ...watch the news tonight...

Posted by: tony ()
Date: March 08, 2013 08:14PM

I just bought 25 fake leather jackets from them in downtown Bogota, Columbia. They also made a separate transaction with my associate who was with me. It was two dirty Italian guys with body odor in a white SUV. They asked for directions to the airport as everyone else. The jackets only cost $10 each and I bought 25 so the total was $250 in US currency. I plan to re-sell the jackets myself. They look good and high quality.

Posted by: Jason McArdle ()
Date: March 09, 2013 12:05PM

There in San Diego now ( stopped me in Del Mar ) !!! Tried to get me to buy him a iPad for the 3 jackets. Lol I said no

Posted by: Rony ()
Date: March 09, 2013 12:46PM

Their web site got hacked but before it went down their schedule was posted so you could see where they would be if you wanted to pick up a jacket or two. I think they will be in northern and eastern europe next month. There was something about a trip to Kurdistan/Turkmenistan in March too. Occasionally they touch back in Canada or California during their tours.

Next time anyone sees them, have them get in touch with Rony. They have my email and phone number. I need at least 50 jackets, maybe 100 if they have a volume discount. I'll pay $25 each for 10 to 20 jackets, and $15 each for 100. They are selling like hotcakes; no complaints at all here. Yeah those guys do need to work on their hygeine but they are constantly driving and flying all over the world so cut them some slack.

Posted by: AK ()
Date: March 10, 2013 08:39PM

These italian dicks are here in middletown ohio. i bought 5 jackets. didn spend a lot though. same exact airport story , flashed his italian id card, and also used his cigarette lighter and tried to burn the jacket, just to fool me as if it was genuine leather.

Posted by: sucker4it ()
Date: March 11, 2013 03:28PM

Lol, they just got me in Hobbs, NM. 4 smellies for $140.00
Im driving around now tryn to find this guy now so I can stick my pistol in his face and get my $140 bucks back. Lol, I need to practice what I preach........

Posted by: Jon91 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 04:41PM

Damn, I just got scammed by Gianni A in the VW SUVnear downtown LA. I studied Italian in school, so he was able to lure me in by complimenting me on how much I remembered. His story was that he needed to sell them off to avoid the taxes from leaving the country. He also promised to help me out when I visit Italy. As far as fake leather jackets go, I could do a lot worse. He gave me 2 for $100. I'll probably give them away.

Based on the sheer amount of these stories and the varied locations, I think there is a huge network of sleazy Italian men peddling fake jackets.

I Disagree to the above Critics
Posted by: John27 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 06:05PM

I have seen these jackets. They are very nice, and they don't get burnt under the heat of a lighter, which means they are NOT fake. Besides, if one paid $200 for 5 or 6 jackets, how much is worth each of them? $33 ?!! Come on, you cannot beat their price for their look and solid material, NOT even in a regular store for a cheaper quality. After all, what is authentic and what is imitation? Their material endures + they look fancy and class (with a brand name on). I would say: It's all psychological; people love to pay more in big expensive stores...Get real folks!

Posted by: Rony ()
Date: March 11, 2013 07:19PM

Yes they are good quality. I don't know what all the complaints are about. I have bought over 50 of them so far and would like to pick up another 50. All the people I re-sold them to were happy customers.

They will give you a quantity price break. I think for 10 jackets it is about $25 each, maybe $20 each or less for larger quantities. They do have transportation costs, so depending on the country you are in the price will vary. Otherwise they keep their overhead cost very low by sleeping in their SUV and not bathing or using mouthwash. Sorry Gianni but you need to wash your clothes and take a bath as I mentioned before, lol.

Posted by: really ? ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:37AM

i JUST BOUGHT FOUR JACKETS FOR THREE HUNDRED. i WISH i GOT A BETTER DEAL BECAUSE THE JACKETS ARE GOOD MATERIAL AND ARE STYLISH. i SERIOUSLY DOUBT i WOULD EVER HAVE PAID FULL RETAIL FOR ARMANI LEATHER JACKETS AT A STORE DUE TO THE HIGH PRICE. i LIKE THE JACKETS AND WILL USE THEM FOR A LONG TIME. THE ITALIAN GUY WAS SHARP AND AUTHENTIC. ITS ALL HOW ONE LOOKS AT IT.

Posted by: Punisher ()
Date: March 12, 2013 11:43AM

Same Story, except said his name was Marco. Was in Santa Monica Yesterday. Driving Black Ford rental car. How has someone not beat the shit out of these guys yet?

Posted by: Newport Beach CA ()
Date: March 13, 2013 10:36PM

March 13, 2013
Similar story
One guy approached me in parking lot and said his name was Gianna gave me card and same story as above. He knew the area and said he was staying at Pelican resort (local resort) he used the soft sell approach said that the tax on taking back the jackets (since they were worth thousands) would be hundreds so he wanted to sell them. I suggested he try a consignment store where they would pay him higher than what I had in cash. He said no as he was so glad I gave him instructions to airport (sucker me). So I gave him 100. for 4 jackets, I like one of them so I am pretty happy and maybe I can sell the others for 25.?

Driving rental SUV- and he was alone.
Bison / McArthur at shopping Center.

Posted by: Embarassed ()
Date: March 16, 2013 02:20AM

Got me earlier today at a gas station in Las Vegas for $100, 3 jackets. Same MO, name given was Giovanni, Jeep SUV rental, two guys in their mid-30's. Jackets have gasoline smell.

Posted by: pog ()
Date: March 16, 2013 09:01AM

Bought 10 jackets for $20 each last night in Las Vegas. Two smelly guys in a SUV, one's name was Gianni. They seem to be good quality and no gasoline smell unlike the person above. They had some long story and said they were heading to the airport to catch a flight to Europe. I already sold a couple of the jackets.

Posted by: NOT a scam ()
Date: March 16, 2013 11:39AM

I too paid $20 each, and Gianni gave me 2 extra. So the net total was 12 jackets for $200. ($16.67 per jacket)

This is NOT a scam. I looked them over carefully before and after handing over any money. There is nothing wrong with the jackets and they will easily sell for a profit.

This was in Las Vegas last night and I could see they had their bags packed in the SUV headed to the airport. It seemed like they had not changed clothes or had a shower in a while, but they are not scammers.

Posted by: Deangelo ()
Date: March 16, 2013 04:51PM

I just was cheated by them, they have changed their name into Davide B. and Donato B.

But this time, there was only one guy, told me He had to buy some gifts for his family members. I spent $1000 for 4 jackets!!!!!

Posted by: whoa ()
Date: March 16, 2013 05:09PM

Deangelo Wrote:
> I just was cheated by them, they have changed
> their name into Davide B. and Donato B.
>
> But this time, there was only one guy, told me He
> had to buy some gifts for his family members. I
> spent $1000 for 4 jackets!!!!!

A couple questions:

1. What makes you think David B. or Donato B. is the same person as Gianni? I met Gianna and if you post a picture or description of this David or Donato person I can maybe tell you if it is the same person. But there's no reason for Gianni to change his name because he has a good reputation.

2. How is it you can say you were cheated? You can easily scroll up and see the going price for these jackets. You can buy 10 for $16 or $20 each. If you want to pay $1000 for 4, that's your choice. Hell I have some in my car I will sell you for $100 each. But I'll take $40 for them. Your choice, lol

Posted by: Deangelo ()
Date: March 16, 2013 05:27PM

whoa Wrote:
> Deangelo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just was cheated by them, they have changed
> > their name into Davide B. and Donato B.
> >
> > But this time, there was only one guy, told me
> He
> > had to buy some gifts for his family members. I
> > spent $1000 for 4 jackets!!!!!
>
>
> A couple questions:
>
> 1. What makes you think David B. or Donato B. is
> the same person as Gianni? I met Gianna and if
> you post a picture or description of this David or
> Donato person I can maybe tell you if it is the
> same person. But there's no reason for Gianni to
> change his name because he has a good reputation.
>
> 2. How is it you can say you were cheated? You
> can easily scroll up and see the going price for
> these jackets. You can buy 10 for $16 or $20
> each. If you want to pay $1000 for 4, that's your
> choice. Hell I have some in my car I will sell
> you for $100 each. But I'll take $40 for them.
> Your choice, lol

Because the card he gave to me is the same as Gianni, except the name.

Posted by: whoa ()
Date: March 16, 2013 05:37PM

Maybe the Davide B. or Donato B. dude that you met works for the same company? Duh.

Posted by: needmore ()
Date: March 17, 2013 10:37PM

I need more jackets. Anybody know how to get in touch with Gianni, or where they are going to be next?

If I'd had 100 of them I could've sold them all today. Hope winter stays around a while.

Posted by: Kanmenhou ()
Date: March 19, 2013 06:28PM

Just happened to me this past weekend in Toronto. Two italians, one said hes a fashion designer, ask for direction to airport. Told him, he happy, got off the SUV and approached with his business card. Said he want to show me a sample of leather jacket he designed. Brought out another five jackets, said they worth tousands od dollars. Claimed he pay too much tax if he brought them back to Italy, would sell them all for $900. I figured out his bad plays, almost got me there. Told him to wait 5 min and ran off.

Posted by: elo ()
Date: March 22, 2013 03:53PM

im been approched 3 times never fell for that scam

Posted by: owmz ()
Date: March 23, 2013 07:21PM

Calgary, Alberta,march 2013.i was leaving Tim Hortons when a Italian man approached me and asked for directions.i told him then he showed me his passport and then told me he works for an Italian company here in calgary, he then offered me 4 leather jackets for $300. EGA EMPORIO COLLEZIONI, they smell like crap,chemicals. dont buy them its a scam, he drives an SUV,they are not real, fake.

Posted by: Reza ()
Date: March 23, 2013 09:22PM

Happened in West Los Angeles today. Same story: he lost 10 grand in a casino last night, had a bunch of jackets to get rid off, lighter trick blah blah blah. His English was very poor at first but improved every minute we spoke! pffffft. He tried to sell 8 jackets fo $500 to pay for his Jeep SUV rental. I told him I would give him $50 at most and thats if the jackets were legit (which they werent) I ended up not giving him a single penny, and he drove off frustrated. Piece of @#$%

Posted by: Aloys Segers ()
Date: March 27, 2013 08:08PM

Just today in Antwerp, Belgium. Same story, the two Italians in a SUV. Their clothing had wrinkles and not very presentable. Gianni had bad breath. They said to be in a great hastening.

At first he offered to sell ten jackets to me for € 500 price. Then we bargain down to 10 jackets for €100, and at the finish it was 12 jackets for € 100.

So for only 100 EURO I have now 12 jackets all having no flaws and no unpleasant odours. The smell is mild.

The transaction pleases me. Do you not think it is a good price?

Posted by: Sydney ()
Date: March 28, 2013 12:17AM

Happened today around 4P in the parking lot of Trader Joe's in Manhattan Beach, CA. Guy in a black SUV asking for directions to LAX, gave him directions and he said thank you and said if you are ever in Milan look me up and gave me his card. Then he offered leather jackets for free as he didn't want to have to pay taxes on them at the airport. He was in the car and had passenger side window down and showed me the jackets and started to stuff them into a bag and push the bag towards me. I said no thanks I don't have any money for these. He kept saying to take them, you have been so nice and I pushed them back. Then he changed to "you've been so nice and you could do something nice for me. It's my momma's birthday tomorrow and I want to get her an iPhone, they are so expensive in Italy"...I just kept refusing and backed away from the car and he kept trying so I said I gotta go and said you better hurry if you have to catch your flight!

Posted by: brian ()
Date: March 30, 2013 07:15PM

It happed to me today at jane/finch plaza toronto.

Posted by: rodrigo ()
Date: March 30, 2013 07:27PM

The same in Las Vegas...

Posted by: neveragain ()
Date: April 03, 2013 04:53PM

same thing happened to me about a month ago in Costa Mesa next to JFK. Very manipulative and convincing story. I knew something was fishy but I gave them 140 for 3 jackets since I didn't want to pass up on in in case it was real. When I got home and found out it was fake I was pissed off for a good couple of hours. His story is very good and now I know why they are called scam artists. He had the right look, the right car (mercedes benz SUV), etc etc. Once you go through this you probably will never get street scammed again.

Posted by: Jeff Johnson ()
Date: April 04, 2013 02:19AM

EA clothing scammer, same thing happened to us today in Edmonton Alberta Canada, except we got your picture your bastard.
Heres a link to for the picture.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Clothing-Scammer/570920786266231?ref=hl

Posted by: gotscammed ()
Date: April 04, 2013 01:56PM

got scammed near JFK airport also about a month ago. Gave 130 for 3 cheap jackets. Story was convincing he asked for directions to JFK and said he was gonna give me the jackets since I helped him and he needed to get rid of them due to taxes. He said he was an Armani manager and game me a fake business card also saying that I should contact him anytime I go to Italy. He had the look (young guy with flashy clothing and unique style fedor hat and all) and a mercedes benz SUV. I thought it was my lucky day and that he was a friendly guy or something but then he asked for "help" in return since he wanted to buy an Ipad for his daughter and was out of cash. I was willing to risk 80 dollars which I gave him in case he was telling the truth but he actually started fake crying like a little bitch "why I don't believe him" which is why I gave him the extra 50 dollars. Wish I could see him again and get my money back. I have to admit that it's a pretty good hoax and taught me a lesson. seemed like a smart enough guy to get a real job but I guess such are the times.

Posted by: DP ()
Date: April 04, 2013 07:33PM

One Italian man in Edmonton now and he gets me 200$/4 jackets with the same story of asking direction to the airport and shows me his Italian Passport. what the fucking guy hopefully see him again. will check anything from passport and lissen plate number to call RCMP.

Posted by: Orcafail ()
Date: April 06, 2013 07:10AM

They were near UCLA in the Westwood area yesterday. Claimed was from Georgio Armani and was from Italy. Asked for directions to LAX. Drove in a Red Chevy. He haid brown hair and looks kind of "rat"-like. He asked for a handshake.

Re: Beware - one italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Dj ()
Date: April 07, 2013 04:27AM

On 4/7/2013 in laurel, MD at Wells Fargo branch on Route 1 I was approach by an Italian guy, pretending lost who need direction to BW airport. So, by the time I was showing him the direction, the man cut me off and start telling me the story. I am an Italian came to a show and those are the remaining of jackets that I can not take with me to the airport I am ready to sell them to you. I do have 8 men jackets and 2 women jackets and everything for $ 600, that will Be halph price the cost of one jacket. The guy took about 10 mms to tell the quality of his stuff. I fell in the trap and withdraw my hard earn off $ 500 which was the maximum money I could get from the ATM machin and add $ 50 from my pocket and handed to him by exchange with 10 jackets. After the transaction I asked him to follow me to so I can show him the direction of the airport and he desapear behind me. Yes, the man left with my money and left me those fake jackets.

Posted by: Back in Edmonton ()
Date: April 12, 2013 06:39PM

Edmonton today! 170th street Black Jeep (Rental) His name was Salvatore!! SCAM!!

Posted by: Santagelo ()
Date: April 14, 2013 07:38PM

Hey guy, I still feel very terrible and used by this whole scenario. The guy puled up while I was coming through at a parking lot and asked to be directed to BWI Airport, while still at Jessup in Howard County, MD. After much discussion, I volunteered to lead the way since it was my route as well, he then came up with the most unfortunate excuse and request about the same story of having to dump some load stuff of brand new leather jackets. Oh men, I feel very much used, cos I thought I was been a great American, looking out for lost traveler. I want to believe the bastard is reading this somewhere now.
I wish you the best of everything you did to me, and you definitely will continue to reap from where you sow. At your young age, you definitely will not live long enough to last on this trade since you're definitely going to get caught by nature and nemesis.
His picture is attached for all to see and beware. Everyday, monkey will go to the market and escape the wrath of men, but one day, the monkey will never return. Just wait for your eternal scam, because it will come. It is called KARMA.
Attachments:
Italian Scammer.jpg

Posted by: Pete C ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:34PM

ARG... just scammed by one of these guys: Donato B.

I should have known... he seemed to know everything to say to NOT be in trouble.

Corner of Wilshire and Amherst in Los Angeles/Santa Monica.

Calling police now.

Posted by: Peter F ()
Date: April 19, 2013 03:13PM

Happened to my father in Burlington ON, and just again in Calgary AB. We didn't fall for it the second time though. Same as the other stories they say they need directions to the airport, they are from Italy blah blah blah! Bullshi*!! My dad bought 6 coats in Ontario for 300$ all fake and stinks like chemicals. Didn't fall for it today in Calgary though, got the plate number and are calling the police not sure if there is anything we can do though! Driving a silver SUV!

These guys are in Toronto, Canada
Posted by: RD ()
Date: April 21, 2013 12:38AM

These guys are in Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
Met with one in Mississauga today on April 19.

Posted by: matt 703 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 02:11PM

I've been reading these postings forever now, from people all over the world. I wish people would post pictures of the jackets, i'm just curious how they look.

Posted by: J.e ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:00PM

attempted to sell me after kindly asking for directions to lax. pulled up next to my parked car on olympic and rodeo drive in beverly hills @6:58 pm. i roll down my window to give directions. cars behind him honked but he kept trying to pitch. waved him off. brazen slick grifters.

hilarious that some actually fall for this!

Posted by: P.V. ()
Date: April 24, 2013 03:26PM

Same story here in Miami. Lost on way to airport, doesn't want to pay tax to bring jackets back to italy. Because I was such a nice guy, he gives me 3 jackets. Then asks if I can help out with an ipad for his daughter. I gave him $200. He asked if I could get more at an ATM - that's pretty ballsy. Definately a scam, but for $200 the jackets look good and I can probably resell them for more.

Posted by: rosie ()
Date: April 25, 2013 08:06PM

Same thing just happened. At A QT gas station is dallas. Italian man in a silver mercedez suv talked my boyfriend into buying 3 for 150. Also showed his passport from italy and asked for directions to dfw airport and supposively only knew spanish and italian.he said his dad was a manager at dillards at a local mall and that's how he got them.He sounded like a pro and took advantage of a young couple. I knew it was fishy when my bf told me he flashed him is rolex watch. I should have went with my gut feeling.

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists
Posted by: Gab ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:17PM

Sadly my brother just gave money to a guy that needed gas for his very, very fancy suv :( and got a fake armani leather jacket!they are in el paso, texas today at 9pm. At a gas station! Shame on you!

Posted by: JEKeller ()
Date: April 28, 2013 10:39AM

My wife and I just purchased 10 jackets from this man in Dallas. We paid $200, which was less than he was asking originally. (Seller fit the same description as above, Italian, rumpled clothes, bad breath, driving an SUV.) There was a faint chemical smell to the jackets at first but after airing out for a day they are fine. There is nothing wrong with the jackets.

Perhaps people feel like they overpaid, but that does not make it a scam. I would say between $20 to $50 is a fair price, possibly $70 to $100 or more in a retail store.

Posted by: jayare ()
Date: May 07, 2013 03:26PM

There in dallas baby blue suv.

Posted by: SUCKKKER ()
Date: May 08, 2013 05:59PM

f*&$%#!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT BUT IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME .. @ AROUND 1 PM IN NORTH BURNABY. ITALIAN GUY DRIVING A RENTAL CAR ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS TO YVR AIRPORT. THEN HE GAVE ME A HUGE STORY ABOUT HOW HE WAS IN TOWN FOR A FASHION SHOW AND NOW HE HAS A BUNCH OF SAMPLES HE WANTS TO SELL BC HE WOULD HAVE TO PAY ALOT OF TAXES AT THE AIRPORT. UNFORTUNATELY I FELL FOR IT AND GAVE THE GUY $200 FOR 4 JACKETS... TOUGH PILL TO SWALLOW BUT IT'S A LESSON LEARNT. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!!!

Posted by: Jonathan ()
Date: May 10, 2013 12:38PM

Was approached in Trader Joe's parking lot in Studio City yesterday afternoon 5/9/13. Guy had shaved head and chubby driving a white Audi SUV rental.

Story changed to needing to buy a Playstation for his son.

Posted by: Kal ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:58PM

Little Italy San Diego, dude wanted a credit card really? Had $70 in my wallet gave him $50 for 2 jackets, all in all, not bad. Jesus don't they sell these at Marshall's for $75?
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: bummed ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:15PM

Beware, these guys are driving around residential neighborhoods of Santa Monica stopping pedestrians. Using a Jeep rental. Watch out!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 12, 2013 07:51PM

Thanks I found them in Santa Monica, just south of the pier. Picked up 5 jackets for $100. The kid ahead of me bought 10 and they are going fast.

Posted by: Virginians Rule ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:24PM

What the fuck is up with this thread getting posts from all over the US? It's for Fairfax County, Virginia.

Posted by: Fredy Lopez ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:12PM

Same bullshit hapened to me on 5/13/13 outside Terrys in Duncanv ille Tx.

Posted by: Cyberusty ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:33PM

A similar SCAM with the same MO is now running in San Diego, CA

1) Single Italian man pulls up to pedestrian asking directions to the Airport
2) He is friendly and asks if you like Italian leather and offers his business card
3) He claims his boss has given him a leather jacket he already has at home in Milan to which he is on the way home to.
4) He doesn't wish to pay the duty on the jacket and offers it with no strings
5) He then shows the jacket and offers addition leather jackets
6) You accept the jackets and have them in a nice bag with all jackets in the new plastic manufacture bags.
7) At the last moment he asks for assistance in getting a birthday gift for his 7 year old daughter (she wants an unlocked iPhone)
8) He has only $150 in cash left and needs another $350 to cover the $500 iPhone for his daughter.

This is the detailed MO and he may ask to give you a ride to your home to assist him in acquiring the money you may be willing to give based on the perceived value of what are "fake" leather "A" Emporio Collezione line of new jackets.

Posted by: Chandu ()
Date: May 13, 2013 10:43PM

Same thing happened to me at costco, Edison, NJ by the same guy whose picture was posted in the earlier message. 5 smelly jackets for $300

Posted by: Big Dan ()
Date: May 13, 2013 11:22PM

Dude pulled up next to me here in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. I was getting out of my pick up truck and getting ready to read some oil pressure guages on the pipeline when he pulled up in a brand new Audi S5 coupe. I bought 4 pair of leather chaps and 6 pair of leather crotchless male panties from him.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 15, 2013 12:02AM

I seriously just had this same thing pulled on me in LA. Except the guy was in a white traverse cruising between Santa Monica and Sawtelle blvds. He says, in a nice Italian accent, "which way to the 405" He has a flight to catch back to Italy and has "all these jackets", 3 men's and 1 women's jacket. I'm no idiot so I immediately said, "I have no money." He says, "no my friend, for you, free. you gave me directions, you have a friend in Milan forever." So I said, sure, give it to me for free. Then he says, well the first two are free but he needs some compensation for the last one, as he has this flight to Italy to catch. He has to get back to Italy to hand with Armani and whatnot. I told him again, I had no money and would gladly take free jackets since we are such good friends now. He asks if I have a credit card? Then I just laughed all up in his face and told him to beat feet. Armani's cousin wouldn't drive a Traverse.

Posted by: Terry G ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:06AM

I am presently in the WILES Research Station located on the West Antarctic Ice Shelf.

Yesterday, I was drilling for some core samples when this guy drives up on a Sno-Cat, climbs out and tells me he is getting ready to catch the ship back to the southern tip of South America but he got lost in a blizzard.

I gave him a old GPS unit to help him find his way and he was very grateful. In return he offered me 10 quad-insulated leather jumpsuits with a certification down to -40 degrees. He then asked me to help him get an Xbox for his kid but I didn't have one so I offered him a case of sun dried penguin jerky instead.

Posted by: S Abdul ()
Date: May 15, 2013 08:00PM

Hey guys they are in San Francisco now. just 30 minutes ago..in a Blue SUV..i think it was an equinox. It was just one guy as well. Also asked me for directions to the airport on between Sutter and Mason Street. asked for even a bit of money for 3 coats claiming they were almost 6 grand altogether. He wanted to get a PSP for his son back in Italy and had a flight to night.. I just pretended like i didnt have my wallet and i lived an hour away so he shook my hand and we both parted ways. He said his flight to italy was at 9pm and i said i will only reach my wallet at 11 so he stuck to his story as well. They are very convincing so please be careful!
Attachments:
20130515_165544.jpg

Posted by: Capt. C Cassidy ()
Date: May 15, 2013 08:10PM

I'm on the NASA International Space Station and I'm chilling out and having fun with zero gravity when all of a sudden there is a knock on pressure hatch #3. I look through the porthole and see a well-dressed man asking if he could come inside for a bit.

It seems he was on his way to Earth when he got lost. I helped him out by giving him some oxygen and he wanted to thank me by offering me a beautiful strap-on leather dildo. I told him I didn't have my wallet with me and left it back on Earth. He was very persuasive and I ended up giving him some additional oxygen tanks and he gave me the dildo.

Posted by: Ramon ()
Date: May 15, 2013 08:28PM

About ten minutes ago outside Diablo Dive Shop in Rabat, Morocco. It was just one of them this time. He was driving a white Mercedes SUV and said he was trying to get back to Italy. First he offered me 3 jackets for free. I told him i didn't need any jackets since it is quite hot this time of year in Morocco, but he insisted. He was very persuasive and said he needed to unload all his jackets to win an all expense paid trip to the International Space Station for himself and his family. He said he had been to the station previously and it was a blast.

I ended up taking 5 large, 3 medium, and 3 small jackets. He seemed like a nice guy so I gave him $50 and a dried starfish. Be careful everyone, he seemed to be coming down with the flu.

Posted by: Oleg ()
Date: May 17, 2013 12:57PM

May 17, 2913 Vancouver, BC Canada.

After I left TD Trust at Oak str and 29 av,
some guy asked me ffor direction to International (YVR).

Gave him direction,
he mentioned now I got a good friend in Milano, Italy.

This time he was in Vancouver for some fashinable clothes Expo and taking flight back to Italy.

"As a sign of friedship" offered bunch of leather jackets but later on asked for "IPod in Duty Free for his son".

Anyway, to make long story short, he asked for some cash in exchange, but did not get any.

Here is his new bussiness card.
Attachments:
AE di Milano.JPG

Posted by: KSE ()
Date: May 17, 2013 04:52PM

Arlington, tx - Walmart. $200 for 4. Old man must have been 70. They are very good at what they do, feels so stupid in retrospect- I don't fall for this kind of stuff, but the props were pretty elaborate. Human nature I guess- like buying a lottery ticket. God help me.

Posted by: Alan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 01:22PM

BEWARE!!!! My husband got scamed yesterday in Santa Monica.... fortuately he only had $40 in cash for a stinky fake Armani jacket. Bad karma to these scam artists... hope they get caught.

Posted by: franco ()
Date: May 20, 2013 08:33PM

San Francisco, CA (downtown) 05/20/2013 @ 430pm

I was approached by this guy in an SUV (Colorado Licence Plate), claiming to be a Manager at Armani. He claimed to have Armani suits in his trunk for cheap. Didn’t fall for it, I smelled scam from the moment he said 5 Armanis for the price of one. Darn, I should have written the licence plate number.
Attachments:
armani.jpg

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.