HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Dummy ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:44PM

Same story, different place. This scum bag was outside a store in North Vancouver BC. Fell for the story about jackets being worth $1,000 each and bought 4 for $200.00. My motto always was Ïf it sounds too good to be true, then it is"......
Where was my head yesterday??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hoser Heads ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:46PM

The scammers have figured out something that I think everyone else who has read this thread has figured out: Canadians are REALLY REALLY stupid and gullible.

Since when did FFXU become a repository of posts for idiot Canadians?

Posted by: raul ()
Date: May 08, 2012 09:13PM

theyre in san diego >>>> happened to my cuzin...wish i would run into them

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: May 12, 2012 02:15PM

Same shitt now this people are in Dallas.. And guess what? I fuck up cuz i gave 40 x 1 jacket its sucks careful guys

Posted by: crocha ()
Date: May 19, 2012 03:21PM

same story... happened to me today at walmart. hes in dallas tx. he had 4 jackets and was sayin he was goin to give it to us for free, and he tried to open my car to put them in, doors were lock so he couldnt... my fiance tried to grab the bag andthe guy started saying it would be 500... we didnt have.the money and kept bugging about how much cash we had and to take money out the.bank, blah blah blah. we gaven him 100 for two jackets. their will be no next time.

Posted by: Jaelin ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:01PM

I live in Calgary and this is exactly the scenario I just encountered not even ten minutes ago. Luckily I had no money in the first place but wow did he persist until it finally sank in that he was in fact wasting his time with someone who was literally broke. Hahaha. Interesting though I did feel like asking to see the expiry date on his Italian passport but I figured I would just let him go without making too big a deal out of the whole thing. Nice chap though. I find it even funnier though that when I look online to see about the company the first thing I see are posts saying scam, and explaining practically word for word the same thing. These guys need lessons in organized scamming because if they all stick to the same script eventually someone's gonna get busted.

Posted by: Steeve ()
Date: May 23, 2012 01:17AM

Today Sergio is in Calgary and parked his SUV in front of bank, I came out, he rolls down the window and ask how long it takes to go to airport. He then ask if you could help him and wants to give you a leather jacket, he produces his business card and speaks like an Italian and wants to sell his exhibition samples that he does not want to take back to Italy as he plans to go to airport. Also produces his rental car receipt. Eventually he wants you to buy 1 leather jacket (G-Armani) for $800 and gives you 5 for free. Gave him $300 for the lot but know it is fake. Anyway, beware this guy in his fifties. By the way, he also shows his passport to prove he's from Italy.

Posted by: Xtunitx ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:07AM

This happened to my uncle today this was in queens new York 81 and 32nd I know this has been happening in queens a lot so if you have been scamme near this location write It down so we can try to figure out were they are targeting people. A bald Italian guy with a gray suv selling emporio collezione.

Posted by: Rosencrantz ()
Date: May 31, 2012 05:51PM

hey same thing happened to me at bathurst and finch in Toronto,Canada some guy was asking directions to the airport and said he works for armani and he has 6 leather jackets if i buy a 1 for 400 he will give me 5 free!i said i have no money and the guy kept asking me in the bank i said no at home but insisted he would givce it to me for 200 i told him no i said i only have 50 he ended up doing the lighter trick on me and i fell for it.the guy was driving in a 08 nissan altima rental but at least i didnt get that screwed over that much for the jacket SCAMER BEWARE

Posted by: Retard ()
Date: June 01, 2012 12:22AM

Just got 3 smelly jackets for $300 from the toothless bastard. Small price to pay for re-learning an old lesson..."if it's too good to be true..". At least it wasn't Nortel, Bre-ex or Facebook stock...that would have been some REAL money.

Posted by: Cathy Summer ()
Date: June 08, 2012 07:54PM

They Just hit my husband in San Antonio. Please be aware, they will get you for whatever you have in your pockets. Same story, going to airport, showed him their passport, airlines tickets the whole pity party story. My husband has a huge heart and felt bad for them. They smell awful. It's like putting money in your trash can. Live and learn.

Posted by: theasslesshoreseman ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:24PM

BEWARE!! These two men are legit!! They tried to sell me the meataballs for 10 dollars a piece but ended up walking away with 50 and a blowjob!

Posted by: The man in the mirror ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:26PM

He told me to grab something in his pocket then when i pulled my hand out he laughed then screeched the words Meat-a-balls!

Posted by: Empirio a collezione ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:27PM

Your asses will all be mine! #RAWHIDES

Posted by: Bronzed man ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:28PM

im straight off the meat rack fresh and ready for a good seasoning

Posted by: C lo ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:18AM

Same shit just happen to me in norwalk california but hope I see him again..his name donato license plate 6uat676

Posted by: leo ()
Date: June 18, 2012 05:35PM

This men are in El Paso, Texas. Driving a black SUV. License plate 6RIX302, CALIFORNIA. Four nice leather jackets, they say they are worth 1200-1400 for $450.00. Fell for $220.00. Nice Jackets didn't know they were counterfit till now.

Posted by: Lesson learned ()
Date: June 21, 2012 01:03AM

Same story at a gas station in SoCal. Can't believe I got scammed. 3 smellies for 200 and I though I got the deal. Big question, are they really toxic? Doubt it. Anyone wearing them. Think I plan to they look good. Beware

Posted by: Stupid Husband ()
Date: June 22, 2012 10:36PM

THERE IN SAN DIEGO NOW

Posted by: Oh Crap...Stupid Me ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:05PM

We got hit today in London, Ontario. Red Lobster parking lot, white SUV, one imitation Italian. Lighter trick, passport, back to Italy, you name it, we fell for it. 4 for $200.00 Thought about it when we got home, so I went on here and laughed at how gullible we are. Oh well, someone's getting imitation leather, stinky, jackets for Christmas.

Posted by: Pooka ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:12PM

Mario and Luigi, or was it Wario?

Posted by: erick ()
Date: July 05, 2012 08:19PM

it just happened to me right now,same story i live in san diego ca so im guessing they are here now. i bought 4 for $300 F#@$. they look nioce,but if its true that they are toxic ill just trow them out.

Posted by: crapshoot ()
Date: July 05, 2012 10:06PM

happyinva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I gave him
> $200.00 while alarm bells are going in my head.

LOL, easy money. Nigga U dumb.

Posted by: Odessa, tx ()
Date: July 21, 2012 03:59PM

This just happened to my fiance and I, they are here in odessa, tx and currently we are on the streets trying to find them and give them an ass whooping!! We got 4 jackets for $150, I feel so stupid now, but atleast it taught me a lesson, and he even gave me a business card saying his name was EDY D. And supposedly his cell number incase I ever went to visit italy with my fiance, uggghhh I'm so pissed off right now I really hope we find them!! And thank god the airport isn't too far bc if they are running they will get it bc they won't b able to get away, ppl please be careful

Posted by: Odessa, TX ()
Date: July 21, 2012 05:25PM

We didnt find them but hopefully i see them again so i can take all their flashy money and return everyones money back, its.funny now that i think about.it but sure aint fina buy anything from anyone unless its at a real store

Posted by: King Idiot ()
Date: July 21, 2012 07:31PM

Wow, a lot of fucking morons in this thread.

Posted by: Be careful ()
Date: July 21, 2012 08:29PM

you' te probably one of them

Date: July 21, 2012 09:04PM

No. Believe it or not, I tend not to give my money to scam artists asking for directions to the airport. Call me crazy.

Posted by: .? Ok ()
Date: July 21, 2012 09:15PM

You' re the scam artist if not you are so up your ass and think you are better than all of us because it hasnt happened to you yet, but just for being rude and obnoxious one day it will happen to you believe that, stop being so judgemental.

Date: July 21, 2012 09:54PM

You're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so judgemental and I truly apologize if I've offended you.

I feel awful. By the way, I have these Armani jackets I'd like to give you as a form of apology. Say $300?

Date: July 21, 2012 10:02PM

Looks like Houston is just filled with geniuses that don't buy things from sketchy looking foreigners in grocery store parking lots (my life pro tip for the week): http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/1130968-beware-italian-scam-artist-selling-armani.html

Posted by: Your an.idiot ()
Date: July 21, 2012 10:27PM

Oh honey no you didnt offend me, but im glad u tried though :) but anyways, im not to wasting anymore of my wonderful time talking to your pathetic self, thinking your perfect and dont make mistakes its unnecessary, i feel so much pitty for you it kind of makes me want to shed a tear (oh wait laughter just keeps coming out), I feel sorry for you, and I'm the one that got scammed...hope u keep having the same mentality through the life you actually do have left because being perfect is boring and even though this happened to me it made me learn something yet it made me laugh about it and maybe I'm not perfect yet I make the best out of things, Dueces King IDIOT, u sure are the king of idiots!!

Date: July 21, 2012 10:46PM

So you don't want the jackets?

Posted by: Uhh oh ok ()
Date: July 22, 2012 12:36AM

Yeah, sure i want one. By the way i see you're playing stupid again, seems like ur winning again too, now shut the fuck up : D nice talkin to ya hun

Posted by: Lato ()
Date: July 23, 2012 06:33PM

He's in Mississauga, ON right now. Says he had a meeting at Harry Rosen to sell his Italian line of leather goods. My boyfriend, not knowing anything about fashion, picked up 3 jackets for $60. Thankfully he didn't spend a stupid amount on them.

Posted by: mike mike ()
Date: July 28, 2012 11:59PM

He is in calgary alberta , I got his plate number and hid pic

Posted by: Don't mess with Bluenose! ()
Date: July 29, 2012 04:26PM

Halifax, Nova Scotia checking in...a pair of louses by the airport tried that crap with a few "leather" jackets. I asked the two crooks if these jackets could keep off the rain when I'm workin on my lobster boat...they didn't have no answer for that.

Hit one of them upside the head with a piece of rebar, and the other one beat feet, taking his vinyl jackets with him

Posted by: Vince Ngo ()
Date: August 08, 2012 09:32PM

I am probably the newest victim. The scam is today, 8-4-2012, in Mac Fadden, Santa Ana, California, US. He did all the same tricks including fire trick, he showed me his passport, flight tickets, and pocket with Euros, some Chinese currency...
This time they drive a Silver Chevrolet. I just wonder when he will get caught for all his scams...

Posted by: dipshits ()
Date: August 09, 2012 11:02AM

Vince Ngo Wrote:
> I am probably the newest victim. The scam is
> today, 8-4-2012, in Mac Fadden, Santa Ana,
> California, US. He did all the same tricks
> including fire trick, he showed me his passport,
> flight tickets, and pocket with Euros, some
> Chinese currency...
> This time they drive a Silver Chevrolet. I just
> wonder when he will get caught for all his
> scams...

No way. Stupid people live in Cali?!?!?!

Posted by: tweaker ()
Date: August 14, 2012 03:39PM

Sons of bitches got me if i ever see them again ima break their shi

Posted by: madashell ()
Date: September 12, 2012 07:36PM

My husband just got scammed in south edmonton yesterday. These guys are a bunch of bottom feeders. I

Posted by: Snake ()
Date: September 15, 2012 04:10AM

There scamming people at the shell gas station beside royal bank 225 parsons road sw off of ellerslie of of hwy 2 they got me for a grand,a lot of banks and gas stations in that area and airports only 5 min away so they will be doing there ripping off there for awhile there driving a burgundy Hyundai or ford 4door hatchback j85 822 license plate but not sure,thats were there praying on people so some vigilante payback will be coming immediately.

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: September 15, 2012 04:16AM

Snake, I doubt our readers in Fairfax County, Virginia (U.S.A.) will find your tip about scam artists in Edmonton, Alberta helpful.

Oh, and congratulations on giving $1k to these guys. I hope you like leather.

Posted by: Vish ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:14PM

They are now in Bayside Queens.NY. Same scam. Be aware.

Posted by: KXnEw ()
Date: September 19, 2012 07:52PM

Ito Wrote:
> Snake, I doubt our readers in Fairfax County,
> Virginia (U.S.A.) will find your tip about scam
> artists in Edmonton, Alberta helpful.

Maybe not, but this thread seems to gets hits from all over so maybe people in other areas will find it helpful. The next person who asks me for directions to the airport is gonna get a kick in the balls though.

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: September 20, 2012 10:50AM

Yes they are in san diego....La Jolla Villiage Mall parking lot. Watch for charming,in his 20's Italian in Kia Suv. you all have heard it....if it sounds to good to be true..well you know the rest..only wish I had remembered...dang!

Posted by: San Diego ()
Date: September 21, 2012 02:07AM

Just got hit in downtown San Diego!! Same story.. Got 3 for $194. They Look good but damn they stink. Got a Headache... Think I sniffed the toxins thinking it was leather vs. PVC before I read this blog. Uggg

Posted by: QTU ()
Date: September 22, 2012 05:58PM

just happen to me today in edmonton AB canada and i've never heard of this scam before. just paid 200 for 3 emporio jacket at walmart. guy asked for dirrection and then ask for help with tax and so on. sucks

Posted by: QTU ()
Date: September 22, 2012 05:59PM

THEY DONT STINK AND THEY ARE ALL ENGRAVED. HOW DO U TELL IF ITS REAL?

Posted by: Edmonton sucker ()
Date: September 22, 2012 06:49PM

Yup. Edmonton Home Depot. Southside checking in. Rental car. Francesco. Same bs story. Got me. Usually google story as they are telling it. But left phone in truck. Least it was only $100. Not bad for 5 knock offs. Hell, I drink that in a night. Now I got something to look good doing it in. Well. Until the chemicals kill me. Or they fall apart.

Posted by: Bumfuck kentucky ()
Date: September 22, 2012 10:28PM

They were in Kentucky today at the Burger King. They came up to my car when I was in the drive thru and forced me to buy 4 jackets for $1500. Luckily for them I had just gone to the bank to close my account. I just felt so bad for them so I gave them the money for the smelly, shitty jackets. Oh well...

Posted by: MJPeterson ()
Date: September 23, 2012 06:34AM

More Complete Wrote:
> I wonder how much they make a day. Have to figure
> in cost for the gas and hotel.

They are Roma (gypsy), so they don't rent hotels, they are versatile. They sleep in the van. If they are close to their tribe (which moves often), then they have a large number of people in a single house. I'm talking about like 50 people. If they get at least 1 real sucker a day, thats $500. In a month they would make 15K. Since they probably don't pay taxes, that is 180K a year. That is amazing money. But I bet they get robbed once in a while too. I'm sure their mothers would be proud that they make such good money with hard work and honesty.

Posted by: Malcom ()
Date: September 25, 2012 09:21PM

San Diego, Calif., Sept 25, 2012... shopping center off I-5 and Nobel.... Italian dude in nice SUV... asking directions "to airport"... Heavy accent. Said he was an employee of Armani... since I was "such a nice gentleman" that he was going to give me something for "FREE"... asked me what size jacket I wore. Immediately knew this was a scam... excused myself and walked away...

But they're NOW IN SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

Posted by: Vegas ()
Date: September 29, 2012 08:16PM

Ok my turn. 2 Italian guys in a rental; White Nissan SUV. I was approached at a gas station (I think they were washing the jackets off at the pump!). Mario even gave me his card (fake of course). His name is Mario E (cell: 0039/081444129 and 0039/553672050. Address: Milano, Italia; Piazza Del Duamo 232

Same story only better. They were at a trade show Caesars Palace and had these fine leather coats that that they didn't want to bring back to Italy due to taxes. They were headed to the Airport. Even though I have a pretty high IQ it suddenly plummeted to about 20 when I opened my wallet and gave them a couple hundred bucks for 7 jackets (black, brown and suede - see photos).

As soon as they air out (if they ever do), I'm headed to the Rescue Mission. So the next panhandler on the Strip will be looking pretty sharp!

Time for beer...................Taken in Vegas!
Attachments:
Scammed in Vegas.jpg

Posted by: TMan ()
Date: September 30, 2012 10:34PM

He's in Toronto today. He was offering me 3 jackets for $450. To make the story short, I bought one for $50. Not bad for a knock off.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: September 30, 2012 10:52PM

So these guys are in San Diego and Toronto in days of each other? Seems more possible that there are more than a few pulling the same trick.

Posted by: Dumb Ass ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:47AM

Just happened to me last night in Times Square, NYC.
Same story only one Italian guy late 20's early 30's Well dressed driving a silver SUV. He got me for $200.00

He started by asking for directions to JFK otherwise I wouldn't have given him the time of day. Then he just reeled me in, very smooth! He said he wanted to buy a Play station for his son; just came from a show had all these jackets and a suit and didn't want to pay the duty tax on them. He showed me a passport and had business cards from the Armani Store in Milan; Then used the lighter on the leathers.

I was walking away and he offered to give me the jackets for wasting my time, and actually handed them to me and was about to drive away; and thats when I went stupid and offered him the money. I can't believe I fell for this shit!

I got back to my hotel and realized I had been duped. I'm going to donate the clothing to a charity. It won't hurt so much that way.

These guys are a disgrace to the Italian people. Not all Italians are criminals. There's good and bad in all kinds.

Would like to be there when the wheel comes around to them!!!

Posted by: zack ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:34AM

This is the same guy that approached me yesterday at my car in richmond hill. he demanded money from me and wouldnt take no for an answer he is very agressive. basically demanded cash from me. i went to the bank to get help and he came in and was telling me to go get him money. i said oh no bank card i forgot and he walked out of the bank. i took picktures of him and his black chevy suv i contacted the police and reported his license plate just for your records his plate is BPHN 940. lets bring this scumbag down!

Posted by: DeezNuts ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:45AM

Watch out for a balding white man in a black sedan with the license plates "PURIFY U". He will make eye contact with you at stop lights and try to get you to give him the cock.

Posted by: Got sucker ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:39PM

Same thing happen here ! NYC
Fire trick on leather ,car rental papers and 3 ugly jackets!
The story was fashion show!
Got rob by a hooker at hotel in soho.
Needed to paid rental car . $547

Said he return money back when return to Italy in 3 days.
I got his email address and info.

He had a iPhone

I gave him $400 ,he was happy ,I got 3 jacket as gift!
He drove off!

2 hours later! I sent him a message to the email ( have a safe trip )
He reply ( tank a call you on 3 day good bless you )

I hope and wish he was a person that needed help!
But from what I read on this forum I got scam on buying 3 ugly jackets!

Posted by: BrandonG.M.U. ()
Date: October 04, 2012 12:26AM

There seem to be so many stupid, gullible fools out there. Might be worth it to go around tell people that I'm the wallet inspector.

Seriously though, honest people don't go around selling authentic leather jackets out of their car unless you're meeting somebody from Craigslist. The items are either going to be fake, or "fell off the truck" stolen goods. If the insanely low prices and pushy "I gotta sell it now!" sales tactics aren't enough, ask yourself why some random jackoff has like a dozen unused leather coats in his car/truck/van.

Posted by: perro ()
Date: October 04, 2012 01:13AM

yeah i was on route 29 near wegmans and this white suv pulledup to us offering a surround sound system.claming it was a wrong order and he had to sell it to make some of the money back and wanted us topull over dude was sketchy

Posted by: 831 Cali ()
Date: October 06, 2012 04:42PM

same story Italian asswhole saling fake armani leather jackets 9/27/2012...Salinas CA LETS TAKE HIM DOWN!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Jafx ()
Date: October 11, 2012 12:54AM

Guess what? I was just suckered into the exact same scam -- in West Los Angeles about 4 hours ago.

Single guy, very personable, new Infinity SUV.

Aside from 4 faux leather jackets and a good cock 'n bull story, he gave me his "Georgio Armani" business card bearing the names "Gianni.L" and "Vincenzo. M" with the title of "Director Prive," and what I am now sure is a phony address and phone number in Milan (where the REAL Georgio Armani is headquartered.

Legitimate law enforcers may contact me at hjaffe@lawjm.com.

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is not!

Posted by: Fugazi ()
Date: October 12, 2012 02:12AM

Wow guess I was lucky.Just bought one 'new'leather Emporio Colezione jacket with tags still on fron Goodwill store for $15 on Vancouver Island.Count it as a donation I guess.But dam,it looks good tho and feels like soft leather.but checkin prices I see them on ebay for $20

Posted by: Michael ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:49AM

Same story as all of the above. Just one Italian with a lot of jackets in his trunk. Same sob story. Be on the lookout Edmontonians, especially in the Windermere shopping area!

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:39AM

The two fake Italian fashion designers are now in Toronto. Luck i got out clean i didn't make any deal with them. Now they are driving a Blue Ford SUV. The jackets are really good imitations, i was tempted to have almost gotten the three jackets. Lucky enough my iphone worked i google instantly, and i refused their offer.

Posted by: O!O ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:14AM

Lets get this jerk out of the streets

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:39AM

same two guys or different crews around North America?

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:53AM

Being approached by 2 Italian guys is never a good thing.

Posted by: Bill Hayes ()
Date: October 17, 2012 08:20AM

Not Italian. Russian Jews with forged documents. Right out of Brighton Beach.

Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: October 17, 2012 08:23AM

same two posts or different unrelated pics around North America?

Posted by: zack ()
Date: October 20, 2012 03:30PM

LETS TAKE THIS GUY DOWN! BPHN 940 as i posted above he was all over me i went to the bank and called the police he wouldnt leave me alone and he was demanding cash from me.
Attachments:
Iphone 5 download1 003.JPG
Iphone 5 download1 001.JPG

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: October 20, 2012 05:18PM

My dad just to ripped off too. $200 for 6 latex jackets. Somebody do something.

Date: October 21, 2012 09:50AM

I'm not sure there is much that can be done. You give him money, he gives you jackets. Is there anything illegal about that?

Posted by: Charlie ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:21PM

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Oct. 23, 2012

Today that Italian artist was in Mississauga, Ontario. He used the same story,
and I paid $90 for two fake leather jackets. He was driving a Ford Edge SUV.

There is no free meal in this world, just be careful.

Those Italian cheaters should go to Hell.

Posted by: LAS CRUCES ()
Date: October 29, 2012 11:39AM

Happend to me last week silver Mercedes got 3 jackets for $120
They do have a smell to them..

Posted by: noah ()
Date: October 29, 2012 09:26PM

DAMMIT, I just got scammed too, in Santa Monica near Wilshire and 26th. I am always highly aware and have never fallen prey to any scam artists in any country...then right here in L.A. I fall for this guy. WTF!!! He was driving a grey metallic smaller SUV and asked for directions to the airport. Then as I was walking away he said "Hey!" and then the whole spiel started...and for some reason I fell for it. The guy was very convincing and had his act down very well. Like I said, I've never fallen for scammers before but did for this one. Got a long leather fake Armani jacket and a fake Armani watch for $100.

The f***er better hope he doesn't see me again.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANY MORONS WHO SELL STUFF LIKE THIS -- if they're selling out of a truck or van or car, do NOT buy. I found out after research online that it's definitely a fake (due to the coloring of the label, etc.), and it does smell like no other leather product I've bought smells. Luckily it was only $100. But I'm hitting myself for falling for it, looking back at it now. Grrrrrrrr.

Posted by: La guy ()
Date: November 03, 2012 03:07PM

Nov 3, 2012

They are in LA got scam in Santa Monica blvd Nov 2 2012. the same MO 1 Italian guy in a silver SUV asking for direction to LAX airport, then wanting to give you Armani jackets for being a nice guy, and will scram you to give money to be able to return the rental car his driving (will show rental car papers). Claiming, he is on his way back to Italy that night.

Hoping someone reads this, before it happen, because they are so convincing.

Posted by: LA Citizen ()
Date: November 04, 2012 02:03AM

My Father came home with 3 peices today. same story. Black SUV.
Encino, CA

Date: November 06, 2012 10:56PM

They're in San Francisco today. Or at least one of them is.

One Italian guy in an Infiniti QX45, rented from Hertz. Asking directions to SFO, telling a story that he works for Emporio Armani, gave his business card with Emporio Armani address in Milan, Italy. Fake name obviously.

He was so believable and we made such good friends that he gave away his 4 jackets and I gave him $800 for an iPad for his 7-year old son. He was so legit, I didn't even bother checking the jackets! Found out hours later when i DID look at them... crap.

He rushed off to catch his 6pm flight to JFK... and maybe so.

Date: November 06, 2012 10:58PM

Continuing post above...

Oh, did I mention that this happened a block away from the real Emporio Armani store, so $800 for 4 $1800 jackets didn't seem such a bad deal...

crap.

Posted by: SF ()
Date: November 07, 2012 03:06PM

Just happened to me in Palo Alto, California. One guy in a Mercedes SUV this time, asking the way to the San Francisco Airport. I had never been asked by anyone before asking for directions whether I spoke Italian. The funny thing is that I do. He wa supposedly from Milano as a rep for Armani at a fashion show in San Francisco.

Now I own (cheap) three fake Armani jackets supposedly worth $3500 total, given me as a present. :^)

Amusing: what a weird world we live in.....

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists
Posted by: Secret ()
Date: November 08, 2012 01:07AM

i exoerience that one as well i gave him 100$ for 3 leather emorio armani leather jacket, i was hesitant bu i thought it was a great deal he said that he loss his maponey in a casino thats why he needed money before he ask for 400$ but i ended to 100$ since i dont have money ,he even told me that he came here for a show......

Posted by: Vegas girl ()
Date: November 08, 2012 02:09AM

I was just scammed by an italian named pasquale milano today at las vegas blvd,with 3 emporio leather jackets, first he asked for 500$ then down to 400$ for 1200 euro jackets, but told them that i dont have such money,ask me if i can check my atm,beg for help and said that he loss his money ina casino,ended up giving him 100$ and was even so excited to get to hime and check on the internet of how much these jackets reli cost but ending up on this site,i have learned my lesson,NEVER TALKED TO STRANGERS is something that needs to be worn all the time, cause im rhinking of what if theres more to it,like gangs,mafia or something, or illegal drugs concerning issue,i should have to believed my instinct from now on,there hve been bothering form the start but i was just so insensitive about and i just let it pass.

Posted by: Undisclosed Name ()
Date: November 10, 2012 02:04PM

These dude's got me too! At In & Out Burger nest to LAX Airtport. Said they were trying to catch there Flight and needed money.

Now that I have been sitting on the Jaclets for months I don't know what to do with them. They do have a very bad smell after you have had them for a while.

I should have known!

Posted by: SF ()
Date: November 12, 2012 06:02AM

Same story happened in San Francisco 11/11/2012, i am so dumb

Posted by: Wizard ()
Date: November 13, 2012 07:14PM

Check your hospital bills before you condemn a nice guy confronted by two pros.

Posted by: Wizard ()
Date: November 13, 2012 07:15PM

Some people have been selling them on EBAY, until they got caught.

Posted by: asdasdasd ()
Date: November 13, 2012 08:52PM

I encountered one of them today in a San Francisco gas station but I knew it was too good to be true and so I declined. He was about to give me a few of those jackets and asked me for help because he needed to buy his doctor an ipod. lol what a moron...

Posted by: jke ()
Date: November 15, 2012 02:54AM

happened to my dad today, figured he got scammed but its his money. the guy claimed he came from some import show, had 6 jackets wanted to sell to my dad for $200. Said he needed to get rid of them, his loss, since he'd have to pay to import them back to italy. My dad told him he only had $40, so he gave him one. kept asking if he could give him his debit info, so he can to buy the rest.
my dad was too impressed with his itailian accent, and the overwhelming smell of the jacket. Too bad the jacket turned out to be too small for my dad, he could have at least worn it for working outdoors.

i know it's a fake, but was $40 bucks even too much for it?

Posted by: Fukit ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:25PM

This also happened to me in odessa tx. That son of a bitch and I knew better then that!!! O- well at least they'll make great Christmas gifts!! Lol be careful this shit head is in a black SUV !!!

Date: November 15, 2012 09:34PM

Wow. Dude gets around. There are new posts every single week.

Posted by: Almost screwed ()
Date: November 17, 2012 05:35PM

Happened to me today in Ancaster Ontario at the Home Depot. Almost fell for it but finally told the salesman of the two no thanks.

Date: November 17, 2012 08:36PM

Has to be more than one outfit running the same scam. From Francisco to Ontario in a few days? Yeah it's possible, but it seems more likely there is more than one of these scammers out there.

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: November 20, 2012 07:37PM

Today Nov.20 2012 around sunset west Hollywood trying o get money for those jackets same story becareful

Posted by: Dr. Bob ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:55PM

There are still working Wilshire Blvd. Near Bundy today.
Same deal. Same business card.

Posted by: Alejandro ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:04PM

It just happened to me today I was at crystal hotel and casino in Compton, and he said that he had lost 8,000 at the casino, and that he came from Italy on a business trip and that he needed to pay his car rental he had a white SUV , he was selling me 7 jackets for 1,000 then he said just give me 300, I asked my wife and she said that it sounded to good to be true, so she looked it up online and found this website,, he is in Compton,California beware!!

Posted by: Jim Bob ()
Date: November 24, 2012 11:24AM

I was approached by the same wanabe italian guy in a chevy rental suv by the 101fwy in West Hills, CA. 91307. Same story, gave me a card from Emporio Armani with Gianni Salza as the name on the card. He had 5 jackets, he first asked for directions to LAX airport, then he said he was here for a design show and his boss let him keep the samples from the show. He wanted me to pay for one jacket and i get 3 for free. i actually thought i was doing a good deed and had good karma comming to me..... so much for that. I told him I have 40 bucks for dinner and gas and told him to fuck off.

Smelled like gypsy to me, italian guys always smell like cologn and not dirty gypsy B.O.

TOTAL SCAM, please beware.

Posted by: CaPo ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:50PM

These clowns are still in LA. They speak Italian and driving a dark grey infinity SUV. Tried to scam someone at 76station on Santa Monica...someone's on their trail...waiting to see who's on the scam. Seen the scam on camera...not bright already got them filmed....they will get pinched.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.