HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: John Smithsonian ()
Date: November 25, 2012 01:30PM

These guys tried to scam me in Beverly Hills yesterday on Rodeo and Santa Monica Blvd. Samr bullshit, asked for directions to LAX and told me he had jackets from an exhibition and couldn't take them on the plane. I drove away as fast as I could, if it sounds too good to be true then it is
Beware he is still in LA!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: November 25, 2012 03:52PM

CaPo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seen the scam on camera...not
> bright already got them filmed....they will get
> pinched.

For what? Is it illegal to sell someone a jacket? Curious what the charge would be.

Posted by: Jacque ain't no fool ()
Date: November 25, 2012 09:31PM

Quebec:

A couple of these greasy fucks stopped me at the airport parking lot. Tried to sell me some jackets they said were cheap vinyl. I'm no fool...checked the jackets out and they were name-brand hand-sewn leather...told these shysters to go pound sand and then went to a restaurant and had some poutine with extra cheese curds!

Posted by: who me??? ()
Date: November 25, 2012 09:42PM

Jacque ain't no fool Wrote:
> Quebec:
>
> A couple of these greasy fucks stopped me at the
> airport parking lot. Tried to sell me some
> jackets they said were cheap vinyl. I'm no
> fool...checked the jackets out and they were
> name-brand hand-sewn leather...told these shysters
> to go pound sand and then went to a restaurant and
> had some poutine with extra cheese curds!
Attachments:
293003_10151181806008125_753899630_n.jpg

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:39AM

Same guy, jackets there here in California. Next time I see them, I'm cdlkingbthe cops right away

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:42AM

By the way there here in Los Angeles

Posted by: Henry Santos ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:55AM

Just ran into these two creeps at a Jack- in- the box near Sea-Tac airport. Phony material and claims. Watch out Seattle.

Date: November 27, 2012 07:24AM

Bobby Wrote:
> Same guy, jackets there here in California. Next
> time I see them, I'm cdlkingbthe cops right away

To tell them what? You bought a jacket from them?

Seriously, does anyone answer questions on this thread or just post about getting ripped off? What could these guys be charged with. Is it illegal to sell someone a few jackets?

Posted by: Matthew ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:21PM

They are in Newport Beach today!

Date: November 27, 2012 05:04PM

They are in my friends uncle’s neighbor’s backyard right now!

NEWSFLASH: No one looks at this thread until they have already been ripped off.

As evidence by the many posts here, making people aware of these various locations doesn’t prevent more hapless souls from purchasing crappy jackets from strangers.

Re: Beware - 1 italian guy in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: joe kaplo ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:20PM

same thing, at toronto stockyards home depot
got really ripped off, 1000 dollars rippped off.

Too many red-flags to mention: didn't get full directions; tried to small talk me about the beauty of toronto women and seeing it wasn't my topic flip-flopped to talking about his great wife, but no wedding ring; too good to be true; selling shit in a parking lot out of a vehicle; lighter won't burn this leather kind of cheap tricks, business card that seemed far to flimsy and cheap to come from a guy in designer anything...

...wish i could explain why i fell for this beyond the greedy idea of reselling them for more--totally blinded by a "just-maybe-they'll-be-real" kinda of delusional greed...

Posted by: Charlie ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:10AM

Just got scammed by these Italian guys in white SUV. Same old story! He approached me in a Bank of America parking lot in west hills California. Watch out people! These guys r going down soon!

Date: November 28, 2012 10:29AM

Charlie Wrote:
> These guys r going down soon!

17 months and 212 posts say otherwise.

Posted by: Michael ()
Date: November 29, 2012 01:11AM

Tried to get me at a best buy near lax, inglewood CA, Same story as almost everyone on here. As soon he asked for money to buy an ipad mini my brain finally woke up and said no thanks. Gave him back the jackets that he was "giving me" and drove off. Later I typed the name on the card he gave me and i found this site, so glad i didn't fall for this scam, beware people. The guy seemed really cool but cmon whos gonna give you jackets worth 1000's for directions to airport. And now that i think about it these guys seem to be driving new cars that most likely have gps. Who the hell asks for directions these days?.

Posted by: dave ()
Date: November 29, 2012 04:38AM

Same story in woodland hills !...be careful they r in the san franando valley....hope they catch these Fuckers!...they talk never seen this kind of scam I'm my life

Posted by: ricksrt8 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 04:20PM

WHITBY, ONTARIO

yup just got ripped myself, 2 in a cherokee i figured they were knock offs but looked good anyway... i have no sense of smell damn it lol oh well they still look good!

Posted by: Jander420 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 06:56PM

More Complete Wrote:
> To tell them what? You bought a jacket from them?
> Seriously, does anyone answer questions on this
> thread or just post about getting ripped off? What
> could these guys be charged with. Is it illegal to
> sell someone a few jackets?

It depends. If I had a jacket I wanted to sell and sold it to a person that would be fine(technically might have to pay taxes on it, but whatever)

If I had a jacket and claimed it was a name brand luxury expensive jacket, but it wasn't, then that would be fraud. Relevant quote from a recent wine fraud scandal

"The bad-faith sale of any commodity you know to be a counterfeit, fake or forgery is a felony,” Janice K. Fedarcyk, the F.B.I.’s assistant director in charge of the New York office, said in the news release. “Whether you are peddling a Picasso or a Petrus, a Botticelli or a Burgundy, unless it is what you say it is, the sale is a fraud.”

Also in some locales, it might even fall under a theft by swindle law.

Personally though I can't believe this many people fall for this scam. Sad really.

Posted by: shane7898 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 07:20PM

We got you the first time stop posting this shit.

Posted by: Vi ()
Date: November 29, 2012 09:31PM

Happened to me in woodland hills, CA on canoga and victory shopping plaza. A guy pulled up and pretended to be director/manager for Armani - spoke poor English with thick italian accent (maybe fake). As usual he was lost and needed directions to lax. I was nice enough and gave him directions. He was very apologetic and gave three jackets for wasting my time. Then he showed me a receipt of his rental car and needed $400 as his credit cards were blocked. I walked away and returned his jackets. I then went for my errands and walked back through the same parking lot seeing the same guy trying to scam someone else; I immediately called him out and warned the person and the guy sped off; I should've taken his license and called police.

Ps: he had a white jeep SUV with Pennsylvania license plates.

Posted by: falcon ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:08AM

Guy in is 30's stopped me in parking lot of Bed Bath & Beyond at corners of Hindry and Rosecrans in Hawthorne. Exact same story line. wanted directions to airport, then told me story of being here for Giorgio Armani, gave me his card. Name on it was Gianni Vincenzo. Spoke Italian but not english. then asked me if i spoke any other language, told him spanish, he switched to pretty good spanish with an accent. same story. wanted to sell me 4 jackets worth thousands for $400

Posted by: hope they rot in fuckin hell ()
Date: November 30, 2012 04:24AM

Ok obviously these motherfuckers are really slick and know what the fuck they are doin!!...for the people that own these smelly fuckin jackets, does anyone really know if the smell can really be toxic or omitting any kind of dangerous chemical? And if not does this fuckin smell go away ?, I would fall into this category too btw for falling for there stupid trick...look guys falling for this shit really pissed me off and for someone that's never bought anythin or fell for shit like this in his life....but really opened my and really made me aware of these kind of scum that exist on preying on innocent people who may be willing to there stupid add and receive a possible deal in Exchange too.....********************PLEASE ANSWER THE ABOVE QUESTION ABOUT THE TOXIC CHEMICAL OR IF THE SMELL SUBSIDES OVERTIME IF ANYONE KNOW PLEASE CUZ I'M ABOUT TO DONATE MY 200 DOLLARS SPENT ONTHIS BS !

Date: November 30, 2012 01:31PM

Jander420 Wrote:
> It depends. If I had a jacket I wanted to sell
> and sold it to a person that would be
> fine(technically might have to pay taxes on it,
> but whatever)
>
> If I had a jacket and claimed it was a name brand
> luxury expensive jacket, but it wasn't, then that
> would be fraud. Relevant quote from a recent wine
> fraud scandal
>
> "The bad-faith sale of any commodity you know to
> be a counterfeit, fake or forgery is a felony,”
> Janice K. Fedarcyk, the F.B.I.’s assistant
> director in charge of the New York office, said in
> the news release. “Whether you are peddling a
> Picasso or a Petrus, a Botticelli or a Burgundy,
> unless it is what you say it is, the sale is a
> fraud.”
>
> Also in some locales, it might even fall under a
> theft by swindle law.

Interesting. Thanks. I guess they would need to steak them out or go undercover to book them on charges. Apparently, they've been getting away with this for some time. It seems to be a full time job. New victims every day.

Posted by: Mister Blonde ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:08PM

I just put the double Egyptian screw on these bastards. As soon as I saw them get out of their van, I knew what was up before they even opened their mouths. So, I walked up to them and said, "Hey...are you the guys with the jackets for sale?" When they said they were I said, "Great...I'll buy the whole truckload...cash."

When they asked for the money, I put on my best Michael-Madsen-wrinkled-forehead-you-have-offended-me look and stepped off them as I said, "Yo! Whoa! What the fuck you fuck? Do you think I ride around with that kind of cash in my fucking pocket? Look...load the jackets in the trunk of my car, ok? When you're done, I'll drive to get the cash and come right back to pay you."

I left and never returned. A truckload off knock-off Armani jackets...for free.

Posted by: Mcallen tx ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:34PM

Today my dad was working in joe brand he has his repair company.. He said there was a man talking to the manager a well dressed young man carrying some type of suitcase... He approached my dad in the store and introduced himself he spoked to him in Spanish and asked if he liked the jacket which was in displayed and said he worked for Armani and was in a business trip and of my dad wanted to buy a jacket my dad told him I'm on my way to Home Depot of you want follow me there and he did.. He wanted $100 for each my dad paid $20 one for him and my mom he explained he was Italian showed him his passport and airplane ticket.. And he's like look I don't want to pay the taxes for these so my dad paid them.. He did the whole lighter thing too.. The jackets look legit! Authencity tag, a emporio colleczione bag the whole thing doesn't not look fake at all! Oh this is in Mcallen tx by the way..

Posted by: WDS ()
Date: December 03, 2012 05:31PM

There was a single guy in the SUV, hit me up in Bev Hills, 1 block off Rodeo Dr. on Saturday afternoon. Repeatedly told me, "itsa you lucky day!" I came sooooo close to giving him $400 for the 3 jackets, which he said he would accept after initally asking for $1,000. Then, when I asked to review his passport again, to see if the name on it matched that on the Armani business card he gave me, he balked. "There's a no need," he said. And I said I didn't have a need for the jackets either. Guess I dodged a bullet.

Posted by: SH ()
Date: December 05, 2012 05:54PM

Got solicited in West LA (Westwood) while walking to work.

Same story--going to LAX, had to return the car. Showed me the jackets and was going to give me them for free. Being too good of a Samaritan, I insisted that I couldn't accept them for free.

He told me that his daughter's birthday was tomorrow and that he wanted to buy her a gift--$50 bucks and I could have 3 jackets. I told him I had no money and he offered to bring me to my bank or my apartment to get money. I said no and he said I could keep the jackets for being such a nice guy. I refused and walked away.

PHEW

Posted by: Stranger in Santa Monica ()
Date: December 06, 2012 09:15PM

This is so crazy a guy approached me today in a minivan said he was lost trying to get to LAX then he wanted to give me leather jackets because the tax would be too much to pay on his way back to Milan, Italy. I told him that I couldn't take them from him, and he said no I would buy one and he would give me the others. It was in broad daylight in Santa Monica. This is super creepy!

Posted by: i was just trying to help ()
Date: December 12, 2012 05:46PM

HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE SMELL? ITS AWFUL. I PUT MY 6 JACKETS OUTSIDE FOR TWO DAYS AND THEY STILL STINK!!!!

ANY IDEAS TO CLEAN THESE COATS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

HELPFUL BOB GOT 6 FOR $200

Posted by: HELPFUL BOB ()
Date: December 12, 2012 05:47PM

THIS WAS AT LOEHMANS PLAZA IN ROCKVILLE MARYLAND DEC 8, 2012

Date: December 13, 2012 12:07PM

What do they smell like?

Posted by: Thrillah ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:13PM

The funk of 40,000 years!

Posted by: Luis ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:44PM

This just happened to me about three weeks ago should I report to the police northern Virginia by police statio

Posted by: Fell off the Truck ()
Date: December 15, 2012 10:37PM

This just happened to me about three weeks ago should I report to the police northern Virginia by police statio

You sound like a very intelligent fellow...can I sell you some stylish pants to go with your new jackets?

Posted by: Chris Richards ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:04AM

I think I got the worst one guys...

They approached my uncle, same story, here was his deal

7 jackets for 2,000$

My uncle is a fast guy and never checks tags. I was pretty upset when I heard about it..

Needless to say, this is dumb and crazy, but seriously 2k for 7 of em. Sounds like he could have bought out their whole inventory.

Posted by: Ummmm ()
Date: December 19, 2012 10:47AM

OK, the OP didn't get the deal she thought she was getting (thousand-dollar jackets on the cheap - as if that would ever occur). However, $40 for a jacket - any jacket - is not that bad. Even the cheap-ass flannel jackets at Costco are $30.

Posted by: wtf1803 ()
Date: December 27, 2012 05:15PM

I got scamed back in March of 2012 in Edison, New Jersey at the Home Depot parking lot. $200 for 4 jackets. I figured I could easily make double off of them. Pieces of crap. The guys used the same exact got to get back to Itially tactic. I needed a leather jacket anyway so I figured what the heck. They are fake!

Posted by: Sebastian ()
Date: December 29, 2012 06:02PM

Same thing happened to me this afternoon!

I arrived home and googled this: took me to this page.

It's the exact same story with the only difference that the guy said he had jackets to give away for he same reasons you mentioned....

I was very suspicious, knowing Italian scam culture so well (I originally come from Argentina which is mainly made up of Italians)

To make a long story short, when the guy changed his discourse from "giving out free jackets" to "how much can you give me?" I shaked his hand and said "have a nice day". He was very offended by this and responded "all you Argentineans are all the same". I replied "yes, that's because it's a country made of Italians mostly..

The jackets looked and smelled great though....

The guy really looked like a prestigious gay fashion designer...

Posted by: Sebastian ()
Date: December 29, 2012 06:47PM

I meant "shook" not "shaked",,,

Posted by: Ed ()
Date: January 04, 2013 01:29AM

My boyfriend just paid $100 for a pleather and I'm not sure what that other material is. Smells gross but I think it's suppose to be suede. He got scammed at Ross/toys r us parking lot off of lacienega west la. Story was he was headed to lax to catch a flight to Italy. He works for Armani and it was their Xmas gift to him. But he can't pay the taxes at the airport.

Wowser! What a story. Ive spent almost an hr laughing my behind off!!

Posted by: robinhood ()
Date: January 06, 2013 05:15AM

i was putting a few articles in the charity bin and found two of these black leather jackets in the emporium bags and even have all the authenticity tags, nice jackets, but the friggin smell is just too much...i would wear them if they didnt stink so toxic..docteur penfield ave, montreal....

Posted by: Lee ()
Date: January 06, 2013 05:45PM

I think i would be mad if I paid $300 per jacket but at 50-100 bucks it's good even for a knock off!!!

Seriously, you can't buy a "pleather" jacket that look that good for $150 bucks these days! Hell I couldn't even go to chinatown and buy a knock off for that cheap and look half as good.

I can understand the ones who paid a grand for that jacket. But for 100 bucks? What are you people complaining about!?!

And the person freaking about their dad paying 40 bucks for one!?! You can't even buy a jacket at Walmart for that much.

Not saying its right, I'm just blown away from the outrage from some you people!

Either you all wear real Armani and only accept the best or you all know where I can get 40 dollar winter jackets.

Posted by: speaker ()
Date: January 15, 2013 05:47PM

I just had my encounter with them here in palp alto california.He asked me for directions to SF, and then, acting quite naturally, he took 3 armani coats from the back seat of his SUV, and said I want to give you these as gifts to you. But he said, here comes his slick move:! I am on my way back home right now and tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. He took his bizziness card out, and asked 'can you get me an apple laptop for my daughter and send it to me?' When i said I didn't have any money, he acted as if he didn't hear what I said and asked further; How much can you get from ATM? Finally I got the message and said. Lets stop here and have a nice day.

I was just about to throw his business card away, but I decided to google his name and I ran into this treadmill. thank you all so much for running this information. Any one reading this first time, beware, they are two young italians with short hair, and speaks english vith very heavy accent. be safe you all.

Posted by: another sucker ()
Date: January 16, 2013 07:50PM

Guess one of them made it to San Francisco. Encounter happened today in downtown SF on Ellis near Mason. Just one dude. Same story, where's 101 south, etc. Gave me an Armani business card that said Rocco L. with a Milano address. Package was very convincing, holograms, monogrammed bag, plastic covers, etc.

I fell for the pitch: that he wanted to give them as a gift because he had just finished a demo at Macy's and would have to pay the taxes if he flew them home. He had them in my size, and wanted to buy an ipad for his daughter but needed cash to do it because of a credit snafu, so could I help him out? Got 2 pleather fakes and 1 "suede" for 140.

He looked like he was early twenties, driving a black infiniti SUV. I'm not too bummed though, the worksmanship is halfway decent and I'm just going to wear them. They actually fit me really well. Live and learn. I feel stupid, but I intend to wear them and get my money's worth regardless...

Posted by: michael ()
Date: January 16, 2013 11:28PM

will anyone call the police

Posted by: hh88 ()
Date: January 16, 2013 11:30PM

michael Wrote:
> will anyone call the police

shoot him in the head

Posted by: MJ Mj ()
Date: January 18, 2013 07:34AM

Posted by: Thrillah ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:13PM

The funk of 40,000 years!

And Michael Jackson

Date: January 18, 2013 11:16AM

Shame. Every time I see this thread pop up to the top it's another victim reporting in to admit they got scammed.

I wonder how much these guys make a year. Also, where are they getting all these jackets? China? Must have a pretty good connection.

Posted by: luigi's ()
Date: January 18, 2013 12:51PM

Has anyone heard about the tough-looking Italian men in a late model Lincoln who have been asking around about these 2 individuals?

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - They're in OC CA
Posted by: orlpietro68 ()
Date: January 20, 2013 10:33AM

“The lost ‘art’ of Mili Vanilli meets Armani with a sad consequence.”

And here I thought I was the only...I was in Fashion Island mid-morning last Friday Jan 18th before 11am. I've lived in the area for quite some time, since the mid '90's and I know this outdoor mall very well in spite of all the changes they have done to it lately. Yes, you can call me Euro-Trendy/Trash as at the present I don’t work and I'm Italian/Salvadorian

My mother always pressed upon my value system to have the highest respect and regard for the clothes I choose to put on my back and to make sure that they are created out of excellence and care and don't pay too much attention to the fashion and the trend of the day.

So on the day of this sad event I was wearing my good denim jeans, loafers that match my hat, a navy blue shirt (Michael Kors) and my favorite gray/blue and black Armani (The real deal...) sports Jacket for Winter when this dirty black SUV stops in front of me at the only bank in Fashion Island with a single corner ATM, let's say that it is at the opposite corner of Roy's Restaurant.

Down goes the driver window and a foreign and loud voice is asking me for directions to John Wayne Airport which I provide in detail, he asks if I'm from Italy and speak Italian, I respond I speak Italian only 'un piccolo' then he asks if I speak Spanish to which I say yes. We make small conversation about the ever growing lost habit of dressing well for business, first class flights, etc. of which I'm not guilty (just ask my five closets...)

Soon this 'Italian' fellow, about 5'8, 145lbs, brown on brown and balding in the front with trendy sunglasses starts to thank me profusely and appears to have an 'idea', he opens the trunk of his SUV to which I could see six to eight thick fabric tote bags with two black leather jackets and one medium brown suede shirt inside each tote. He says that he’s worked The Emporio Armani event at the Pelican Hill Monarch Bay resort and has all these bags left over that he would hate to have to return back to Italy due to customs and tariff fees.

The totes smell very strong of some artificial spray, I remained quiet and did not ask how much he wanted for the bag as I was not all that interested since I know the brand and I know he does not carry my size with him.

He then picks up one of the tote bags and very enthusiastically offers it to me as a 'thank you' gesture for having given him directions to the airport. I still hesitate knowing I will not wear these garments and in an attempt to read my mind not too far off my way of thinking he said: 'if not for you, then for friends and family'.

So I take the tote bag and his attitude changes 180 Degrees, "I would really like to get an iphone 5 before I go" he said. Then I interject, “Those would cost you $599 for the 64GB model"

Meanwhile as all this is taking place, he has managed to pull his SUV next to my SUV. Two lady bankers probably saw him pull his merchandise from the trunk and show it to me as at some point these two ladies came to the edge of the side street in front of the bank in this single corner branch which enjoys slow car/foot traffic and told us repeatedly that there was no solicitation allowed.

They waited for us to take off but I persisted and told the Italian guy to hold tight and he could get his money. At this juncture it bothers me he is wearing sunglasses and I have the disadvantage of not being able to 'read' him better without seeing his eyes. As we waited another long minute, he told me free of politeness and courtesy, “Let’s go to another bank". I notice his jacket and could not tell if the happy banana was there to see me or if the real goods were in the pocket.

So I told him to hold on one last minute, returned to the ATM, got all my daily withdrawal money, all the while praying that the two banking ladies do not get feisty again. And they didn't. As this chump waited close by I counted the money I was giving him, and I stopped at $430 so I could keep the last $30 on me. He saw that, got my wallet with his hand, removed the $30 and gave me back the sad and empty wallet.

As I explained to him about daily cash limits, he does not 'buy' it and said with determination "Let's go to another bank” And that is when finally the smart person in me woke up, realized how the afternoon could end up for me and like a bat out of hell, got into my car, locked the doors, backed up of my spot and took off without requesting permission from the air traffic control tower. I then found a low key parking area on the other side of Fashion Island which I know really well where I gathered my thoughts and found my balls back. Once I made sure that I had not been followed I returned to the hotel where I've been staying since Wednesday due to work being done in my house.

I've always been the gullible one in my family and have suffered accordingly. Something my mom never said to me was: “don't trust anyone until they give you a good reason to trust them”. What I heard her say was: ‘trust everyone until you have a good reason not to trust’. I don't mind talking to strangers at all, after all...are they not 'friends' waiting to be discovered as such? Or is that philosophy way off the mark now days?

Come to think about it, I had never been robbed in my entire life, so I guess this constitutes the first time a crime was committed against me. Since no physical harm came to me as I took swift action to prevent this incident from going further south....why do I feel like what this guy really did was to take away from me my ability to regard and welcome a stranger who needs directions and instead of helping now I’ll have the inclination to brush her/him off as I say to them: "Get the On Line Star Lady next time....."

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - They're in OC CA
Posted by: moo moo ()
Date: January 20, 2013 03:08PM

The fact that this thread somehow isn't a joke/troll thread absolutely amazes me.

Posted by: same ()
Date: January 20, 2013 04:22PM

Same history ..ask for direction, and this was in 81 and Rossbelt in queens. them offer 6 Jackets for 700 and two watches ... i asked if i can check online and he said it is not there yet , it will be in 6 month.. i was about to check in my iphone but did not.. white SUV , show passport bold guy.. took pic plate so polismans shou be doing a research of the car and the person whos driving .. this will end soonner or later .. i know i was fooled we should collect everthing so these thief should stop doing the same to other inocents folks...now people hope they will check online now so they will see what s going on and their busines s is already gone .. just search and this s first line on google.. their busines s gone soon..

Posted by: Mr Obama ()
Date: January 21, 2013 05:53PM

He is in costco, Edison.NJ.
I paid $100. from $650 to $100.

Posted by: Almost scammed in Canada ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:44PM

Similar story, but in Edmonton, AB Canada. 'Andrea' asked for directions, then offered me five jackets for $400 (he wanted to buy his daughter an I-Pad on his way back to Italy). Even set a flame from his Bic to the jackets to show they're not plastic. Nice enough leather, but NOT the real McCoy. Didn't fall for it. The website on 'Andrea's card, emporio.it, is actually a FoxNews-type news blog.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:47PM

If they're not selling pasta or olive oil, NEVER buy anything from wandering Italians.

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione) - THEY'RE IN TORRANCE, CA TODAY
Posted by: KM ()
Date: January 25, 2013 05:43PM

One Italian guy asked me the way to LAX at grocery store parking, corss street Hawthorne and Sepulveda, 1:00 pm today. He offered me 3 leather jacket (emporio armarni) because his suit case is stuffed, no space for those. Instead, he asked a couple of hundred bucks that he's supposed to pay for Duty if brought back to Italy. He showed his suit case to prove that was very dirty and junkiest suit case I ever seen. If he is a fashion designer sent from Italy to attend a show, he would never carry that kind of suit case.. I didn't touch, nor smell the jackets, but, looks OK from appearance. Maybe worth $20/ea?

Posted by: Reza from Vancouver ()
Date: January 26, 2013 09:28PM

I got fooled today by the same Italian guy and after coming home I realized to check online if someone got fooled by Italian guys asking direction to airport and tried to sell fake jacket ...

Date: January 26, 2013 09:52PM

Sounds like we have two scammers... One in Cali and one in Canada?

Posted by: Raj ()
Date: January 26, 2013 10:47PM

I lost $300 i realized only after purchase of this jackets. I thought i would help this guy instead i realzied there is a weried smell from the jacktes and it isn't leasther to. This incident happend today on oak tree road. Jackets are Armani Emporio Collection guy showed me his ITALY Passport id cards.

Date: January 26, 2013 11:01PM

Where is oak tree road?

Posted by: Mr Obama ()
Date: January 27, 2013 12:16PM

Oak tree is in Edison, NJ.

He is showing magazine with his picture as model too.

Posted by: KM ()
Date: January 27, 2013 01:01PM

Anyone who is still keeping business card or jackets should submit those to the police for their finger print.

Posted by: Edwin Ramos ()
Date: January 28, 2013 09:21PM

This 2 pretending Italian guys name Sergio but the other younger guy didn't say his name. ripped me off here in Vancouver, BC Canada today January 28, 2013 around 1pm at the parking lot in Safeway Supermarket. Same story, asked for a direction to go to YVR airport., attended a fashion show in Vancouver Convention Centre, asked me to buy a leather jacket which is Emporio Collezione and told me it's a product of Armani.. Showed his Italian passport, blah blah blah! So many scammers in this world! Beware!

Posted by: Dick Tracy ()
Date: January 28, 2013 09:33PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Sounds like we have two scammers... One in Cali
> and one in Canada?

One in New Jersey, too.

Looks like there are at least three operations going on.

Posted by: Tony T ()
Date: January 30, 2013 03:04PM

I was driving in Edison NJ just off Route 1 this afternoon when this guy who's driving what looks like a new rented SUV asked for directions to Liberty Airport in Newark. Claims to be Italian on business trip and flying back to Milan in the afternoon and needs to 'unload' around 8 (overstock) fine Italian leather jackets. Offered them to me for $800 at first then $400 later which I politely declined.
This has the word 'scam' painted over it. If something is too good to be true.. RUNnnnnnnn...
This guy may still be in the area, so BEWARE.

Posted by: Salvator ()
Date: January 30, 2013 03:37PM

The jackets are actually pretty good looking. 5 for $200 is not a bad deal really.

And why are you dudes writing from Canada.

Date: January 30, 2013 04:34PM

Dick Tracy Wrote:
> One in New Jersey, too.
>
> Looks like there are at least three operations
> going on.

I wonder if they know each other. Maybe they are related.

Posted by: Italiana ()
Date: January 31, 2013 05:39PM

just happened to me in Fountain Valley, CA. fell for the whole 9 yards about directions to the airport and worried about paying tax at the airport. gave the dude $200 for 3 jackets. he wanted $300 for 4. but told him could only afford $200.

so, now i am out $200 bucks and 3 faked jackets. going to donate to a church. this would make feel better.

Posted by: K ()
Date: January 31, 2013 06:08PM

It's illegal to sell counterfeit designer clothing -- they can go to jail

Posted by: Pizan ()
Date: January 31, 2013 07:43PM

One guy is in Orange County California, specifically Irvine, at Culver and Alton in the Albertson's parking lot.

I just left a guy same scam, card name etc. at 4pm 1/31/13. He wanted me to buy him an iphone or give him $200 for four jackets.

I don't need any jackets and I gave him nothing and told him I couldn't afford it.

I googled the address it is Armani HQ in Milan, Italy. The real give away is the E-mail address is @live.com, that's like a Gmail or yahoo account. It should have an Armani.com or .IT for Italy.

Date: February 01, 2013 02:18PM

K Wrote:
> It's illegal to sell counterfeit designer clothing
> -- they can go to jail

Really? I'm not sure most cops know how to book a guy for that.

Posted by: Happened to me too ()
Date: February 01, 2013 05:19PM

I was stopped by one in Westwood just now. Gave him directions to the airport, he offered me three coats. Just wanted help buying an iPad for his daughter.

Was super friendly, no matter how much I resisted, until he finally gave up and then cursed me out.

He he he... cursed me out for realizing he was a scam artist.

Funny thing is how many red flags there were...

1) Taxes to repatriot Italian goods? Nope.

2) This wealthy and the Italian bank won't let him use his credit card? Nope.

3) Going straight to the airport but wants to buy an iPad? Nope.

Was actually kind of fun to watch him try to scam me... and then finally realize he had just wasted his time. Oh well... sad thing is next time I won't be as friendly and that person may be legitametely looking for directions.

Posted by: SSmart ()
Date: February 01, 2013 06:40PM

Yes, I agree that there are lots of red flag:

1. If driving a rented luxury SUV, no need to ask for directions. These would normally be equipped with GPS.
2. Taxes to repatriate goods to Italy? US customs (which is the eport of exit) won't even look at these goods. The Italian customs may check the goods. But if these originated from Italy, so why would they tax it.
3. Switching from asking for directions to offering you some unwanted goods for $$ is an old scam move.

Next time you are in a similar situation, you can do the following:

1. Offer to call the police to help and escort them to the airport.. or
2. Ask them follow you to the Police Station where you can ask friends who may be interested to help them.
3. Offer to Google the information they provide (they normally give you a business card) on your smart phone using other key words like "scam" "Italian jackets", etc, and check if they are 'legit', or
4. Most smart phones have cameras, you can use them to collect information such as the photos of the goods they show you, even the SUV they drive or take a picture of these guys.. if you can do it discreetly.. much better.
4. Simply walk/drive away.

Sometimes it pays to be street smart but still be willing to help those who really need it.

Posted by: Don S ()
Date: February 02, 2013 08:43PM

Just encountered a guy running this scam in Beverly Hills. Gave him directions to the 405, then he started telling me a story about tomorrow being his daughter's birthday and he wanted $ to buy her a PlayStation. He kept at it until I walked away...

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 04, 2013 04:32PM

Same MO. I drive a porche,and I think he followed me home.Asked directions to SFO. He was very friendly and he said he wanted to repay me. Showed me 3 leather coats that he was going to give me.Then he showed me a ladies coat,that retailed for $2200.Could I give him $1000.I could keep the other 3 coats. Very convincing.Italian passport,same name as the Armani card he gave me.But I said no Saale. He stormed away angrily. Ha Ha.

Posted by: Maigualida sao ()
Date: February 05, 2013 06:14PM

OMG just Happened to my husband near Polk and Vallejo San Francisco! The guy was Asking about the airport address and give my husband the bag with Three coats and want an iPad for his son he said that he is going to Italy and he need it because it's his birthday anyways Be aware SAN FRANCISCO

Posted by: This Actually Happened ()
Date: February 05, 2013 06:22PM

This just happened to me by the Lamb Center in Virginia!!! These two greasy WOPS approached me at my car/residence and asked for directions to the nearest canoli store. They then tried to sell me some genuine leather FUBU jackets while telling me that they worked for the owners but couldn't take them back to the hood due to the ghetto tax. When I didn't want to buy them, they offered to trade the jackets for an Obama phone or EBT card, but I declined. One became very animated and upset like a typical dago. He made a sudden move towards me so I shot him a few times and he fell to the ground. The other WOP bastard freaked out and started running away but he tripped on his gold cross and fell to the ground. Not wanting a witness, I knifed him a few times while trying to fight off the stench of a cologne bath. I threw them two into the backseat of their Fiat and parked it over behind West Springfield High when a car with stinking dead Iti bodies won't draw much attention. On my out, some kids tried to sell me some drugs, go figure!

Anybody want to buy some fake leather jackets cheap?

Date: February 05, 2013 09:49PM

^^Post of the year^^

Posted by: East Bay Area ()
Date: February 06, 2013 01:42PM

Just happened to me in the East Bay Area California, does anybody have a lead on these guys, he was 6' driving white SUV claims to have rented it, flying out of sf.Italian grey hair wears reading glasses. Gave him $180 for 5 jackets.

Posted by: SF Southpark ()
Date: February 07, 2013 04:00PM

they are in SF today. I just told em to fuck off when they asked me to buy them an ipad in exchange for jackets.

Posted by: Idiot in BH ()
Date: February 08, 2013 06:04PM

In Beverly Hills today.
How stupid can I be? Knew it as soon as it happened but somehow couldn't stop myself from handing over the leaf for the vinyl.
Driving a hatchback small SUV with Nevada lisence plate
Same story,
same modis operandi
new sucker, same sucker......
sheesh!!!! how long until I learn?
That is not a question I need anyone to answer. Just a kick in my own ass!
I repeat.....sheeesh!

Posted by: Teddy ()
Date: February 08, 2013 07:53PM

He's now in San Francisco. I was downtown and he pulled up in a car asking direction to 101. He tried his scam but it was obviously too good to be true and told him no thanks.

Posted by: Sevichino ()
Date: February 09, 2013 11:56AM

Well they say a fool is born every day, an "Italian" guy in a rental car pulled me over at the Marina shopping center in San Leandro, showed me his Italian Passport, his eticket and paper ticket, claiming he just finish and presentation of this brand at Sax 5th avenue in San Francisco and he was given 7 jackets back, which he didn't want to bring back to Italy because of the z20% taxes he was going to be charged, he showed me the money for he got paid for the merchandise he sold to sax and implied that not being his but wanting to sell those jackets to pay for the car rental and return to Italy ith some money in his pocket, gave him $700 dollars and he gave me 7 jackets, all of them made of high quality leather and full of AE distinctive bottons, zippers, labels, bags and serial numbers.

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: February 09, 2013 08:23PM

If this happens to anyone reading this make sure you get the license plate and call the police.

happyinva Wrote:
> Two Italian guys driving a Mercedes SUV pulled up
> to me at KMART off of rt 50 in Fairfax asking for
> directions. I thought I was doing a good deed and
> gave them directions. The one guy asks me if I
> speak italian and if I like Armani. After some
> pleasantries he offers to give me a jacket as a
> gift as he is driving to Boston to catch a flight
> back to Italy and has extra jackets. My
> instincts told me to walk away, yet I stood there
> while he gave me 5 leather jackets (Emporio a
> Collezione) brand and how he did not want to pay
> for shipping these. He then asks me to help him
> with gas money as he only has Euros. He shows me
> his airline tickets, his passport. I gave him
> $200.00 while alarm bells are going in my head.
>
> I got home and realized, the jackets are very nice
> imitation leather.

Posted by: helper ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:11AM

I saw them yesterday selling jackets in Edioson, New Jersey, USA, they have same story like others wrote in this forum

Posted by: helper ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:13AM

I saw them yesterday selling jackets in Edison, New Jersey, USA, they have same story like others wrote in this forum

Date: February 11, 2013 09:44AM

Did you see them yesterday in Edison, New Jersey? Did they have the same story like others wrote in this forum?

;)

Posted by: John B ()
Date: February 11, 2013 05:39PM

Same story today in Los Altos, CA. 76 station El Camino real and El Monte Ave.

Posted by: Two Dead Wops ()
Date: February 11, 2013 05:52PM

They're dead and rotting in the back of a Fiat on WSHS property.....everyone knows this.

Posted by: Justin22 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 04:52PM

Same story -- Palo Alto, CA.

Date: February 13, 2013 12:22AM

If that silly donk Carey put advertisements on this silly web site, this hurting stupid thread would make him some money metal cash to spend at the Borgata!

Borgata. Money.
Mister Seven the King of Ashburn agrees.
Junks shoot-out, ricky! Borgata. Borgata. Borgata.

Table Manners does not suck, rickies!

Borgata.

Money Metal House.

Posted by: Omar ()
Date: February 13, 2013 01:26AM

He tried it on me with armani watches i said nope lol ill give u 20 bucks for all ur fake watches then he drove off this was today in redwood city ca
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Max F ()
Date: February 13, 2013 10:17PM

The man going by the name Gianni found me on Fillmore Street in San Francisco a few days ago. His story was that he wanted to buy an ipad for his daughter but his credit card ws denied. He was driving a cream color Cadillac station wagon. the deal offered to me was jackets and a suit again too god to be true.

Posted by: Mini ()
Date: February 14, 2013 12:57PM

They were in san francisco a week ago. Told me the same story that he's going back to italy and asking for directions etc...
And then couple of days passed and i saw the guy making a sale to another person at the exact same location where i got scammed. I immediately called the cops. Asked the 911 how long will take for the cops to get here. He said he doesn't know it's NOT a high-priority case. So waited and watched from a distance. Cops still wouldn't show up. So i approached the guy realizing he was about to finish his scam. As soon as he saw he ran away like a bitch and took off. Looking at from these posts i think they're all over US. If anyone encountered these scumbags just report to the police. Hopefully they'll catch 'em. They/he's driving metallic blue Volkswagen SUV license plate #6zhd025 CA. Please report them.
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Glad I Passed ()
Date: February 14, 2013 08:29PM

Had the same thing happen to me today at Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA. Got a card with Gianni Salza on it. Didn't seem right, so I passed on it. Glad I did after reading all this.

Posted by: Mark mc ()
Date: February 14, 2013 10:10PM

He is in sf now. and the armani store said they have had other complants.

Posted by: AlexL ()
Date: February 15, 2013 12:26AM

Met one in Montreal 2 days ago. Same routine.

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists
Posted by: Scy ()
Date: February 15, 2013 05:02PM

How much were the worth

Posted by: Fabian ()
Date: February 17, 2013 03:22PM

In San Francisco, CA. I'm ashamed for being too honest and so do people.-$300

Posted by: George ()
Date: February 20, 2013 06:09PM

Beverly Glenn Blvd in West L.A.. Black suv... needed directions to LAX. Offered two jackets. Needed ipad for daughter's birthday tomorrow. Told him it was too complicated. He wanted to know how much money I needed and how much I could get at an atm. He apologized when I declined.

Posted by: Jo Anne Andres ()
Date: February 20, 2013 09:41PM

This happened to my step father in Vallejo today, 2/20/13. It's so unfortunate that people like them take advantage innocent people.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.