HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 95
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Beer Show ()
Date: September 19, 2012 05:23PM

Beer show, instant delete.

God they are so bad. The only thing worse than watching people drink beer, is listening to people drink beer.

And whats the point if Chad likes every single one of them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LabarArrington ()
Date: September 20, 2012 02:43PM

This might be my favorite Chad Dukes tweet of alltime. From @Chaddukes I am surrounded by people screaming about sports. They aren't even on the air. The interests of these clowns are not varied. First, sorry Chad people that work at a sports talk station like sports and talk about it, we know you hate sports. But more importantly they dont have varied interests like you, connoisseur of fine spirits like pumpkin beer and griller of meats. They probably don't enjoy the majestic artform of pro wrestling and unique sound of Southern Rock. Heck they probably dont even know how to kill zombies, good thing you are around to enlighten them and make them aware of the finer things in life. God Bless you.

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: September 20, 2012 04:27PM

Whatever would we do without Fat,Gay, American Dukes to lead us?

Posted by: Jander420 ()
Date: September 20, 2012 04:35PM

my phone actively decided not to download the free episode this week. I tried to save link as on 2 diff occasions and it just wouldn't do it. Seeing as how I don't like beer at all, I certainly didn't feel it was worth going out of my way to get.

It's weird how they are doing the reloaded before the free show past couple weeks

Posted by: Chad Dukes ()
Date: September 20, 2012 06:43PM

Save some beer glasses for me at Whole Foods

Posted by: You Don't Mess With The Phantom ()
Date: September 21, 2012 12:00PM

Ugh, another Minority Report pollutes my BOAD iTunes subscription. Can the main show River or Life that show? The last thing I look to BOAD for is an unfunny 23yr old forcefully giving his political views and life advice.

Posted by: Dukeman. ()
Date: September 21, 2012 12:07PM

They need to do a very special River or Life and debate the future of BOAD.

Posted by: Lobster piss pants shaky face ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:49PM

Dukeman. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They need to do a very special River or Life and
> debate the future of BOAD.

River. If asked, I bet most of the dipshit gallery would say river as well.

Posted by: Chippa ()
Date: September 21, 2012 05:27PM

You Don't Mess With The Phantom Wrote:
> Ugh, another Minority Report pollutes my BOAD
> iTunes subscription. Can the main show River or
> Life that show? The last thing I look to BOAD for
> is an unfunny 23yr old forcefully giving his
> political views and life advice.

Well at least he seems to know that comedy isn't his thing. Unfortunately for him, I'm guessing most BOAD listeners aren't a political bunch. I always got the impression he is some sort of Zionist, so I'll pass. Nothing against Jews, I just don't want to waste my podcast time listening to that when there is downloaded O&A, UYD, or Sklarbro Country to listen to.

Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: September 21, 2012 10:13PM

Chippa Wrote:
> You Don't Mess With The Phantom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ugh, another Minority Report pollutes my BOAD
> > iTunes subscription. Can the main show River or
> > Life that show? The last thing I look to BOAD
> for
> > is an unfunny 23yr old forcefully giving his
> > political views and life advice.
>
> Well at least he seems to know that comedy isn't
> his thing. Unfortunately for him, I'm guessing
> most BOAD listeners aren't a political bunch. I
> always got the impression he is some sort of
> Zionist, so I'll pass. Nothing against Jews, I
> just don't want to waste my podcast time listening
> to that when there is downloaded O&A, UYD, or
> Sklarbro Country to listen to.

It's been a while but last tie I heard him, Zohan thought he was a fucking riot.

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: September 22, 2012 05:34PM

Zohan sounds quite full of himself on The Minority Report. He also says some fairly stupid things. It sounds like he's a glorified secretary at some local politician's office, but he thinks he is a congressional staffer. Also, I'm always a little creeped out when someone's religion is what they choose to define them. Another short term relationship crashes and burns, and he won't look outside JDate for his matchmaking. That being said, he sounds like a whipped puppy on "The Big Show", which is mildly amusing.

Date: September 23, 2012 11:58AM

Zohan will admit he's not funny, but make jokes anyway.

Posted by: The Juggler ()
Date: September 23, 2012 06:02PM

Steve of the Pie Tasters is a good guy to hang with Zohan and being a regular of The Minority Report. Zohan really does need to chill out I get the feeling in person he's okay but the naive commentary and real killer intensity turns me off the show. being fair MR is finding it's feet, I will give credit to Zohan's dedication, but like most of the problems with O&D people need to drop their shit (Zohan finding some sort of contentment and chill out) and be clear about the goal of the network.

Also miss RTH with Todd and Drab maybe a better spoken Dan as well plus listeners who try out before hand, not surprised that Dick is out, guy has got some trouble. I thought there was real promise and it's sad when Ted a 'peanut gallery' guy who actually has shit together and I would like to think the more professional, coherent and successful future of O&D.com. It's no wonder and depressing that Smokehand was threatened by Ted, Dick saw the future that was Ted and helped kill the show.

At the root of the issues with O&D is the personal shit of it's team Chads down ward slide being the main thing. I think by the year's end their are 2 paths
1. It's the show stepping up (I would love regular Dc Metro area wide meet ups and actual advertising), understanding where their strengths lie and incorporating callers and doing justice to it's legacy, the 3 main broadcasters and the fans who bend over backwards
or
2. The show remains as this nebulous 'where is it going?' side fun project for an increasingly disturbed and unhappy Chad Dukes, over worked Oscar and 50/50 Drab T Shirt and the peanut gallery who crash, burn and are written off.

Date: September 23, 2012 07:55PM

I agree with almost everything you said, except the callers. Almost as worthless as the peanut gallery. They earn a few points for kicking RTH into the river.

The Juggler Wrote:
> At the root of the issues with O&D is the personal
> shit of it's team Chads down ward slide being the
> main thing. I think by the year's end their are 2
> paths
> 1. It's the show stepping up (I would love regular
> Dc Metro area wide meet ups and actual
> advertising), understanding where their strengths
> lie and incorporating callers and doing justice to
> it's legacy, the 3 main broadcasters and the fans
> who bend over backwards
> or
> 2. The show remains as this nebulous 'where is it
> going?' side fun project for an increasingly
> disturbed and unhappy Chad Dukes, over worked
> Oscar and 50/50 Drab T Shirt and the peanut
> gallery who crash, burn and are written off.

Posted by: Piss Dick Wobble Black ()
Date: September 23, 2012 07:58PM

The show is simply a hobby for everyone involved. oscar has two other podcasts, Drab actually has a career, and Dukes...he just wants the peanut gallery around to stroke his ego.

The Chad Dukes show and friends.

Date: September 24, 2012 12:07AM

The fact is possibly for the better callers work with a longer show definitely not just an hour to recap a week of topics. I think that was always the point to gradually bring O&D to a level of TMOS with a 5 days a week format there by attracting solid sponsors.

I would like to believe that O&D is more than a hobby to Oscar considering the amount of cash, intertwining it to his career and time he pours into it, plus in recent shows how he's seemed justifiably pissed with the ambivalence about the show. I think Oscar more than any one is feeling the clock ticking about growing up and moving forward with life, the whole Kara fiasco and the fallout really lit a fire under his ass about where he was going. I saw more power to him step up, cut the shit and steer the ship, Chad will go along eventually.

I had the feeling before the shooting range trip Drab was on the way out, if for nothing else than being fucking wrecked with morning drive hours. If he can hang out with Dukes and Oscar on a somewhat regular basis than I'm not counting him out. Now if or when his chick breaks up with him then he's all in, Drabs a smart guy but god damn 22 and 29 (30?) is such a hell of a gap.

If they can get a crew of regulars with their own shit in order, (Dan, Big Rig, Steven from Belfast, Ted and to a degree Dave seem to suggest this is happening plus Sven and Dick basically punching out of the show and maybe life) and Chad can start acting like the Men he always wants to blow then maybe the show can move forward. Again get a sink or swim vibe and it's the Dukes bullshit that maybe the death of this show. Personally hope not.

Posted by: Jammin Jawa ()
Date: September 24, 2012 07:01AM

Moving from the basement of Chad's house to a "studio" certainly helps elevate the show from a hobby, but barely. Oscar got the space at the ManGrates World Headquarters, Oscar got the technology, albeit just webcameras, into the space. Oscar has been the one, even by Chad's own admission, who has gotten then on the air in the past.

So, you're doing three podcasts, one with Rob(b) constantly picking on you and a drunken host over at TMOS. You have the Chad Dukes and friends with Oscar and Drab show taken over by peanut gallery and Tech 411 which is just you and your BFF ToMo (who meets all your criteria for a good friend, that is, he's rich). You work for the ManGrates company selling school machines....the clock is ticking, what do you do? What do you do?

Posted by: Cised and all in ()
Date: September 24, 2012 07:46AM

Going off one of the last post a here, I think Drab will be the first to leave. The morning drive slot isn't conducive to a late night podcast on the side and he has a pretty good gig with the Junkies. Throw in the fact that working with Chad and his cult of personality has to be annoying, and I think you'll see Drab start missing a few shows and gradually fading out. Don't worry, I'm sure a great contributor like Big Rig Craig can take over. I'll be completely done with it, but I'm sure all the Craig fans will love it.

Posted by: Big wobble lobster knee ()
Date: September 24, 2012 08:00AM

No way the show survives without Drab.

Date: September 24, 2012 11:04AM

Yeah, I have noticed a decline in the show since the WJFK studio moved to Lanham. I think Chad has hoped that he would start to make money off of BOAD so he could retire from terrestrial radio (ala Adam Carolla), but I think it's been going slower than he had hoped it would.

I was starting to enjoy Rally The Horde when Drab joined. I think that the biggest problem with the show is that they started doing it too frequently. They were doing an hour show for ever 2 hours of BOAD content. I think had they kept it bi-weekly it would have been more sustainable. Both in terms of content to cover and commitment from the hosts.

I have noticed that when someone says that they "love politics" it usually just means they love lecturing other people on their political views. I think this holds true for Zohan. When he makes a political point (or a point on anything for that matter), he does it with an implication of "Can you believe someone would have a different opinion than this?" He presumes that the audience is all on his side. Big mistake when you're a tertiary show in a pretty unpolitical lineup.

Posted by: Flabber. ()
Date: September 24, 2012 11:23AM

The idea that the podcast would take off has passed. The time, effort and dedication from Chad more than anyone, was lacking. Now, you have a once a week show where most things are defered to the peanut gallery and then a show every week about two hours of broadcasting which, surprisingly, isn't good. Any show about a show which is bad will be bad itself.

BOAD, off the air by 2013.

Date: September 24, 2012 11:37AM

They always had characters that they would bring into the studio to talk to, but now they don't have a whole radio station to pull from.

Posted by: Kid Dukes ()
Date: September 24, 2012 11:42AM

> They always had characters that they would bring
> into the studio to talk to, but now they don't
> have a whole radio station to pull from.

Nor do they have the time to spread them out over the course of a 3-4 hour show.

Posted by: Schomshker Fantana ()
Date: September 25, 2012 11:12AM

Ok, let's have our own vote, right here, right now:

BOAD, River.......or Life?

Posted by: Andrew_Ryan's_Mom ()
Date: September 25, 2012 11:22AM

Until I get gangbanged by Chad, Drab, and the BIG O, I don't want them to go off the air. So I'll vote Life.

Anyone want a fifty cent blowjob? It's a dollar for me to swallow.

Posted by: Lobster wobble face ()
Date: September 25, 2012 11:24AM

Schomshker Fantana Wrote:
> Ok, let's have our own vote, right here, right
> now:
>
> BOAD, River.......or Life?

River

Posted by: The River ()
Date: September 25, 2012 11:45AM

River to the peanut gallery.

Posted by: Casey Dukes ()
Date: September 25, 2012 12:06PM

River

Date: September 25, 2012 12:36PM

So Chad, the person who said how awful the Avengers was going to be, how terrible it would be is now the person saying how glorious it is the bluray is coming out.

River

Date: September 25, 2012 01:39PM

Why do people keep saying to take them off the air??? They have been fired from every station they worked at and haven't been on the air in like 2 years!

Also, you are crazy if you think Oscar is calling any of the shots at all in the podcast. Chad has a totally overbearing personality and the relationship 'works' (in so far as it works) because Oscar will let Chad tell him what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 03:34PM by ChadIsFat.

Date: September 25, 2012 07:58PM

Life. I can always unsubscribe if I feel like it's a waste of my time.

Date: September 25, 2012 09:07PM

I'm going go with Life.
People bitch because the show has some worth plus past 3 shows (I'm cool with the beer show don't mind looking for new things to drink) has been a more strong return to form.

The views on Oscar are appreciated I'm never sure where his heads at. I do know he does basically all the moving show forward work and more than likely it's O&D over TMOSif he had to decide.

Date: September 25, 2012 10:54PM

Not another full episode of SotRT! That's 2 in a row I won't even bother downloading...

Posted by: Andrew Ryan ()
Date: September 26, 2012 02:38AM

Any chance of a polluted River?

Date: September 26, 2012 10:50AM

I'd vote river just to see Chad's reaction when he realizes his is not radio gold (he still is not grasping how he might not be radio gold seeing as how he got fired from every job he ever had).

But overall I would say life because I just don't care. If you don't like the show, don't download it.

Date: September 26, 2012 11:11AM

LaVar and Dukes is still on air.

I went to dcrtv.com to see if I could find the show's ratings, but that page is unnavigable. I have seen better designed geocities pages (probably also designed in notepad).

Date: September 26, 2012 01:38PM

> LaVar and Dukes is still on air.
>
> I went to dcrtv.com to see if I could find the
> show's ratings, but that page is unnavigable. I
> have seen better designed geocities pages
> (probably also designed in notepad).

Lavar and Dukes is on the air but let's be honest, no one is tuning in for Dukes and he isn't allowed to do his guy talk radio that he wants to do so desperately. He's a lackey for Lavar.

Date: September 26, 2012 01:56PM

So the pay show had a funny name and I thought it would be about Batman so I bought it. Surprisingly it had nothing to do with Batman but Dave got permanently kicked off the show forever (replaced by Jormund). Should have listened to us, Dave.

Being gay on that show is only funny so Chad can make fun of you. You were a punchline for Chad and nothing more.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 02:00PM by ChadIsFat.

Date: September 26, 2012 02:50PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----
> > LaVar and Dukes is still on air.
> >
> > I went to dcrtv.com to see if I could find the
> > show's ratings, but that page is unnavigable. I
> > have seen better designed geocities pages
> > (probably also designed in notepad).
>
>
> Lavar and Dukes is on the air but let's be honest,
> no one is tuning in for Dukes and he isn't allowed
> to do his guy talk radio that he wants to do so
> desperately. He's a lackey for Lavar.

I would be surprised to find out that people were tuning in for LaVar

Date: September 26, 2012 03:01PM

> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----
> > You Don't Mess With The Phantom Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > LaVar and Dukes is still on air.
> > >
> > > I went to dcrtv.com to see if I could find
> the
> > > show's ratings, but that page is unnavigable.
> I
> > > have seen better designed geocities pages
> > > (probably also designed in notepad).
> >
> >
> > Lavar and Dukes is on the air but let's be
> honest,
> > no one is tuning in for Dukes and he isn't
> allowed
> > to do his guy talk radio that he wants to do so
> > desperately. He's a lackey for Lavar.
>
>
> I would be surprised to find out that people were
> tuning in for LaVar

Well they aren't tuning in to hear Chad give his horribly misinformed opinions on which Redskin would be the second best MMA fighter.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: September 26, 2012 03:16PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> So the pay show had a funny name and I thought it
> would be about Batman so I bought it.
> Surprisingly it had nothing to do with Batman but
> Dave got permanently kicked off the show forever
> (replaced by Jormund). Should have listened to
> us, Dave.
>
> Being gay on that show is only funny so Chad can
> make fun of you. You were a punchline for Chad
> and nothing more.

Why did he get kicked off? What reason did Chad give for it?

And MezzoDave, you're a cool dude. Chad did you a favor, trust me!

Date: September 26, 2012 03:24PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----
> > So the pay show had a funny name and I thought
> it
> > would be about Batman so I bought it.
> > Surprisingly it had nothing to do with Batman
> but
> > Dave got permanently kicked off the show
> forever
> > (replaced by Jormund). Should have listened to
> > us, Dave.
> >
> > Being gay on that show is only funny so Chad
> can
> > make fun of you. You were a punchline for Chad
> > and nothing more.
>
>
> Why did he get kicked off? What reason did Chad
> give for it?
>
> And MezzoDave, you're a cool dude. Chad did you a
> favor, trust me!

He claimed Dave was a backstabber and he didn't like it that Dave called out of the show and mentioned having gay sex. So Dave is now totally cut out (I guess he can still hang out) from the show work and Jormund will take his place.

My guess is Chad was keeping the shit that went on here in the back of his mind and waiting for something to happen. As I said, Chad thinks it's great to make fun of Dave being gay when it suits him so I don't get why Dave got all offended here.

Honestly, if what was said about Dave isn't true, I would never talk to those losers again if I were him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 03:30PM by ChadIsFat.

Posted by: TheTruthIs ()
Date: September 26, 2012 04:27PM

As long as they have people like Dave, Sven, Zohen and other barnacles who want to ruin the show and drag them down due to their egos and suckering around, the Big O and dukes will never be successful. It has followed them everywhere they go. And that is on Dukes. Stop having people around you who drag you down and you will be good. If not? you'll have what happened on the show now. that is why people come and go.That is their fault.

Date: September 26, 2012 04:43PM

Wait, let me get this straight (no pun intended!), Chad got on Dave for talking about gay sex when, LD himself use to practically devote entire shows to talking about the shit Sven Lloyd did?

Date: September 26, 2012 05:03PM

I have always found it weird how they would retch at saying "panties" and "moist" but let Sven go into graphic details about his sexual adventures.

Posted by: Radio Wizard ()
Date: September 26, 2012 05:40PM

I would rather listen to Minority Report than Lavar and Dukes. The show is dreadful.

Hopefully Dave will just detach from the whole BOAD world now. You can only be treated like shit for so long. I would have quit after Dukes gave him shit for putting a RTH clip show together. No one fucking bothered to try and do a RTH that week, so Dave put something together to "fill the time", and then he gets shit on for it.

Dukes doesn't care about something until he bothers to find out about it.

Drab clearly wasn't interested in devoting much energy to that show, and Chad expected him to.

Dan and Dick are worthless.

So Dave as the unofficial "producer", produced a show when it was clear no one was going to help. Lets tell him how terrible he was to do that.

The problem with the show is they have no leader. For as much as they may have bitched about management back in the radio days, guys like CK kept them on the ball. Paid support staff did their job and had to answer to management.

Now there is no manager. Oscar is undoubtedly the business man and deals with the website, iTunes, uStream, etc. Dukes is a hard headed day dreamer who think he can just show up because his name is in the title. Drab...honestly I don't know what Drab does now besides mark down when to edit. No guests to book. No real production going on. Oscar is the closest thing to a leader, but the show's "staff" is just a bunch of Dukes' lamprey's. Dukes should be managing them, but he doesn't and the show suffers for it.

Date: September 26, 2012 06:13PM

Chad was threatened by Dave's gayness...Wouldn't look good if anyone talked about gay sex more than Chad...Did he fire Dave to "save the friendship" ala Funny Danny?

Date: September 26, 2012 06:58PM

No he just fired him. After calling him a backstabber they asked why Dave missed the show and he said he was in the bathroom. They questioned him why he was in the bathroom and he said he got banged in the ass and was shitting constantly now. Chad said it was inappropriate to say that on the show and he hung up and told him to have a nice life.

Date: September 26, 2012 07:18PM

@Radio Wizzard: you make lots of good points, many of which have been made earlier in this thread. I think it was iTunes bandit who first suggested that the lack of a PD has really exposed them for just how uncreative they really are. CK would never have let the show turn into "Lord Dukes and the Funky Bunch" the wayChad did.

Date: September 27, 2012 06:48AM

It's also hypocritical for chad or Oscar to call anyone a backstabber or untrustworthy because you can't tell that fat shit a single thing without him running to the mic to tell anyone who will listen.

Like we said Dave, those guys are losers and it was only a matter of time before they decided to crap on you to make them feel better. You should have gotten the hint after you apparently put a best of together to get content on the site and I guess got yelled at for that.

Date: September 27, 2012 11:01AM

You make some good points about not having a PD Radio Wizard. I think at minimum they need someone to manage their public image. I think that the price of reloaded is set too high from a business perspective. They're too close to the product to objectively set its price and I bet if they lowered the price by 1/3rd they would see at minimum a doubling of subscriptions.

Plus, Dukes insulting people on Facebook can not be good for the word of mouth that they want to create.

That said, I would be interested in seeing their numbers on iTunes. There are a lot of TERRIBLE podcasts out there that are growing and while BOAD may not be as good as it was when they were on the radio they're still much better than a lot of other podcasts out there.

Date: September 27, 2012 11:46AM

The problem is there are a lot of better podcasts than bo&d as well. Having been on the radio at one point doesn't really mean a lot.

Date: September 27, 2012 02:09PM

I agree the price is too high. I can get satellite for $5 a month if you ask for the right deal. $5 a month for Opie and Anthony M-F, or $12 a month for 4 reloaded episodes. Come on. Plus I get a ton of music stations and NFL games in my car for $5.

Date: September 27, 2012 02:28PM

Radio Wizard Wrote:
> I agree the price is too high. I can get
> satellite for $5 a month if you ask for the right
> deal. $5 a month for Opie and Anthony M-F, or
> $12 a month for 4 reloaded episodes. Come on.
> Plus I get a ton of music stations and NFL games
> in my car for $5.

Maybe if you are already a customer and can get special deals or something? To sign up for xm/sirius as a new customer it's 200 for a year, with savings included for buying a whole year. Thats 16.50 a month, not including cost of a device if you don't have one. Even if you buy the A La Carte plan that's 8 bucks a month and it doesn't include O&A, or NFL games. When you buy reloaded for a whole year it's only $8.25 a month.

I'm not saying XM/Sirius is not affordable, and I'm not saying BOAD value compares to sat radio value, but the average person probably doesn't pay only 60 a year for NFL games/O&A/everything else on it.

Posted by: AJM ()
Date: September 27, 2012 02:42PM

Look out! Political Dukes is on his soapbox! Know your places!
Attachments:
fb.jpg

Date: September 27, 2012 03:29PM

Jander420 Wrote:
> Radio Wizard Wrote:
> -----
> > I agree the price is too high. I can get
> > satellite for $5 a month if you ask for the
> right
> > deal. $5 a month for Opie and Anthony M-F, or
> > $12 a month for 4 reloaded episodes. Come on.
>
> > Plus I get a ton of music stations and NFL
> games
> > in my car for $5.
>
> Maybe if you are already a customer and can get
> special deals or something? To sign up for
> xm/sirius as a new customer it's 200 for a year,
> with savings included for buying a whole year.
> Thats 16.50 a month, not including cost of a
> device if you don't have one. Even if you buy the
> A La Carte plan that's 8 bucks a month and it
> doesn't include O&A, or NFL games. When you buy
> reloaded for a whole year it's only $8.25 a
> month.
>
> I'm not saying XM/Sirius is not affordable, and
> I'm not saying BOAD value compares to sat radio
> value, but the average person probably doesn't pay
> only 60 a year for NFL games/O&A/everything else
> on it.

Except that you're paying $8.25 a month for ONE hour of content a week (and they don't even put ID3 Tags on files! It's a pain in the ass to manage if you want to transfer it to your ipod to listen in the car). Adam Carolla charges $1.99 for his 2 hour basic cable commentaries and about $2/hr for his shows with Dennis Prager (approx 4 hours = 7.99). Even his archive subscription is at most $1.99 a month.

Date: September 27, 2012 03:50PM

Sounds like Lady Dukes has had "the procedure" at least once huh?

Date: September 27, 2012 03:52PM

Phantom is right...I'm not paying shit for anything I have to label myself...And no show notes? Even lazy ass Robb writes show notes...

Date: September 27, 2012 03:56PM

peekza Wrote:
> Sounds like Lady Dukes has had "the procedure" at
> least once huh?

Well not because of Dukes, that's for sure.

I am sure Chad is just as knowledgeable about abortion as he is about sports.

Date: September 27, 2012 05:00PM

> Except that you're paying $8.25 a month for ONE
> hour of content a week (and they don't even put
> ID3 Tags on files! It's a pain in the ass to
> manage if you want to transfer it to your ipod to
> listen in the car). Adam Carolla charges $1.99 for
> his 2 hour basic cable commentaries and about
> $2/hr for his shows with Dennis Prager (approx 4
> hours = 7.99). Even his archive subscription is at
> most $1.99 a month.

Again, my primary point was that saying 5 bucks a month for satellite is generally bullshit, unless you already have it and get a good renewal type deal, and therefore was a bad premise to compare.

Adam Carolla is also a bad comparison, he's on another level in terms of listeners. If BOAD had the same number of people who would download reloaded as Adam Carolla, I would imagine they would charge less for it. I don't really think it's fair to compare the two.

I don't have any problem listening to the podcasts in my car on my android phone.

Date: September 27, 2012 05:03PM

Jander420 Wrote:
> Radio Wizard Wrote:
> -----
> > I agree the price is too high. I can get
> > satellite for $5 a month if you ask for the
> right
> > deal. $5 a month for Opie and Anthony M-F, or
> > $12 a month for 4 reloaded episodes. Come on.
>
> > Plus I get a ton of music stations and NFL
> games
> > in my car for $5.
>
> Maybe if you are already a customer and can get
> special deals or something? To sign up for
> xm/sirius as a new customer it's 200 for a year,
> with savings included for buying a whole year.
> Thats 16.50 a month, not including cost of a
> device if you don't have one. Even if you buy the
> A La Carte plan that's 8 bucks a month and it
> doesn't include O&A, or NFL games. When you buy
> reloaded for a whole year it's only $8.25 a
> month.
>
> I'm not saying XM/Sirius is not affordable, and
> I'm not saying BOAD value compares to sat radio
> value, but the average person probably doesn't pay
> only 60 a year for NFL games/O&A/everything else
> on it.

The $200 a year is them ripping you off. I have two accounts. One stand alone radio that I bought last year and a car with it built in. Go to FatWallet or Slick Deals and find the latest promo prices. Call the number and tell them a "friend" got this deal, so you want it too. For my new car, I just got an offer in the mail for 6 months of XM Select for $29.94. Guys on FatWallet say they just call back in six months, demand the same price, and get it.

I admittedly pay more for my other car, but that was still only $105 a year for XM Premier. That was a fresh account, where I just called and said my friend got this deal. The dude gave it to me immediately.

So I guess only one car has the NFL, and it is more than $5, but still cheaper than a month of Reloaded.

Even better, I just read about someone getting 6 months of XM Premier for $25. I think I'll ask for that when I call about the new car.

Posted by: Flabnuts ()
Date: September 27, 2012 05:08PM

So pro-choice Dukes is in.....

Date: September 27, 2012 05:40PM

Jander420 Wrote:
>
> > Except that you're paying $8.25 a month for ONE
> > hour of content a week (and they don't even put
> > ID3 Tags on files! It's a pain in the ass to
> > manage if you want to transfer it to your ipod
> to
> > listen in the car). Adam Carolla charges $1.99
> for
> > his 2 hour basic cable commentaries and about
> > $2/hr for his shows with Dennis Prager (approx
> 4
> > hours = 7.99). Even his archive subscription is
> at
> > most $1.99 a month.
>
>
> Again, my primary point was that saying 5 bucks a
> month for satellite is generally bullshit, unless
> you already have it and get a good renewal type
> deal, and therefore was a bad premise to compare.
>
> Adam Carolla is also a bad comparison, he's on
> another level in terms of listeners. If BOAD had
> the same number of people who would download
> reloaded as Adam Carolla, I would imagine they
> would charge less for it. I don't really think
> it's fair to compare the two.
>
> I don't have any problem listening to the podcasts
> in my car on my android phone.

Even if you use the most expensive subscription numbers for XM it still costs less per hour of content than a subscription to Reloaded.

As for Carolla, you have it backwards; that they have fewer listeners than Carolla is all the more reason to not charge more than him. It's like saying Joe Schmoe is not as famous of an author as John Grisham, so he has to charge more than Grisham. But charging more is not going to get more people to buy your book, even fewer people will buy it.
They said they had something like 2% of their listeners subscribe to Reloaded (I did once, but let my subscription expire because I got tired of adding tags every week). The cost of each additional reloaded sold is going to be almost entirely variable, so their revenue is going to be # subscriptions * price of subscription. If cutting the price to 1.99 an episode causes them to go from a 2% subscription rate to a 5% subscription rate then they get 60% more total revenue ((1.99*5)/(2.99 * 2)=1.6) and it's almost all profit. If, however dropping it to .99 caused them to go to 10% subscription rate it would essentially be a revenue neutral move, the trick is that they have to find the rate that maximizes their revenue.

Date: September 27, 2012 05:55PM

Bottom line is that they overcharge for a shitty product...I would much rather spend that money on something I can listen to again...You can't even archive them...I'm not paying for a Premium podcast without show notes...PERIOD...Like I am supposed to remember the subject of 50 shows a year?

Date: September 27, 2012 06:31PM

> Even if you use the most expensive subscription
> numbers for XM it still costs less per hour of
> content than a subscription to Reloaded.
>
> As for Carolla, you have it backwards; that they
> have fewer listeners than Carolla is all the more
> reason to not charge more than him. It's like
> saying Joe Schmoe is not as famous of an author as
> John Grisham, so he has to charge more than
> Grisham. But charging more is not going to get
> more people to buy your book, even fewer people
> will buy it.
> They said they had something like 2% of their
> listeners subscribe to Reloaded (I did once, but
> let my subscription expire because I got tired of
> adding tags every week). The cost of each
> additional reloaded sold is going to be almost
> entirely variable, so their revenue is going to be
> # subscriptions * price of subscription. If
> cutting the price to 1.99 an episode causes them
> to go from a 2% subscription rate to a 5%
> subscription rate then they get 60% more total
> revenue ((1.99*5)/(2.99 * 2)=1.6) and it's almost
> all profit. If, however dropping it to .99 caused
> them to go to 10% subscription rate it would
> essentially be a revenue neutral move, the trick
> is that they have to find the rate that maximizes
> their revenue.

I never said you don't get more value for your money with satellite than BOAD. Why do you people lack reading comprehension?? I could also get better value out of a movie rental or a video game pruchase, it doesn't mean it can't be worth it. All I was arguing with was that in general sat radio wasnt as cheap as someone wanted to make it sound.

Maybe they feel that they are at their max revenue point? Maybe they don't believe enough people would buy it at a reduced price to offset that? You don't know and I don't know and they also don't know if they would make more money if they charged a buck per reloaded, but they should just do it because other people do?

And I'm not wrong that comparing them to Adam Carolla isn't fair. Adam already is a big name brand. BOAD is not a big name and in all likelyhood will never be. As such they can't just use someone else's business model, and you can't just say well someone else offers their product for lower so BOAD should be able to as well.

Carolla could stop working completely today and be set for life never having to earn another cent. Chad, Oscar, and Drab are so unbelievably far from being in that position that its just stupid to compare it. Adam's a rock star and they're a local band making a small living playing gigs at clubs. Adam could sell out RFK, BOAD can sometimes sell out Jammin Java. It just doesn't match up.

If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. No one is holding a gun to your head. I don't go in to a restaurant order a meal and then say I only want to pay 2 dollars for it. I pay what they charge and eat the damn thing.

Posted by: Fuck_the_Northman ()
Date: September 27, 2012 09:10PM

The guys weren't fair to Dave--in fact, they were outright hypocritical given how much time they allowed Sven to discuss his sex life--however, I don't care that much because Dave was always a tertiary character to me. You guys seem to like him, which is fine and cool, but I couldn't tell you the difference between Dave, Dan, or any of the other members of the peanut gallery. Maybe that's why I'm so excited that Jormand is coming back. He was always my favorite "minor" character, and given the shit he used to get into with Drab and Fatty, I think the show might actually improve. For the first time in a year or so, I'm actually excited about BOAD.

Posted by: Monument Properties ()
Date: September 28, 2012 09:17AM

I always liked the Big Cat too, but how is he going to work on the show? His role on the radio show was an Asst. Producer, who would periodically do something that Chad and Oscar would call him out on. From time to time they would bring him in on a conversation. They don't have any of that anymore. I mean, is Jormand going to screw up screening the 3 calls they take? Two of which are from Beau and Rob Stark?

Since they have no "staff" anymore to create content from, they have the peanut gallery of Chad's friends. If you aren't friends with Chad and hanging out with him on the weekend, then you are out of the loop. Heck, Oscar and Drab are out of the loop 90% of the time. Jormand is a married man who lives out past Gainesville last I knew. He isn't going to be hanging with Chad, wearing overalls, listening to country, smoking meat and drinking beer with Blackout Bruce and Big Rig Craig. Unless they make him a 4th mic, I don't see his role. I don't even know if he would be good as a 4th mic. He only has so many Don and Mike stories.

Date: September 28, 2012 01:06PM

Jander420 Wrote:
> > Even if you use the most expensive subscription
> > numbers for XM it still costs less per hour of
> > content than a subscription to Reloaded.
> >
> > As for Carolla, you have it backwards; that
> they
> > have fewer listeners than Carolla is all the
> more
> > reason to not charge more than him. It's like
> > saying Joe Schmoe is not as famous of an author
> as
> > John Grisham, so he has to charge more than
> > Grisham. But charging more is not going to get
> > more people to buy your book, even fewer people
> > will buy it.
> > They said they had something like 2% of their
> > listeners subscribe to Reloaded (I did once,
> but
> > let my subscription expire because I got tired
> of
> > adding tags every week). The cost of each
> > additional reloaded sold is going to be almost
> > entirely variable, so their revenue is going to
> be
> > # subscriptions * price of subscription.
> If
> > cutting the price to 1.99 an episode causes
> them
> > to go from a 2% subscription rate to a 5%
> > subscription rate then they get 60% more total
> > revenue ((1.99*5)/(2.99 * 2)=1.6) and it's
> almost
> > all profit. If, however dropping it to .99
> caused
> > them to go to 10% subscription rate it would
> > essentially be a revenue neutral move, the
> trick
> > is that they have to find the rate that
> maximizes
> > their revenue.
>
> I never said you don't get more value for your
> money with satellite than BOAD. Why do you people
> lack reading comprehension?? I could also get
> better value out of a movie rental or a video game
> pruchase, it doesn't mean it can't be worth it.
> All I was arguing with was that in general sat
> radio wasnt as cheap as someone wanted to make it
> sound.
>
> Maybe they feel that they are at their max revenue
> point? Maybe they don't believe enough people
> would buy it at a reduced price to offset that?
> You don't know and I don't know and they also
> don't know if they would make more money if they
> charged a buck per reloaded, but they should just
> do it because other people do?
>
> And I'm not wrong that comparing them to Adam
> Carolla isn't fair. Adam already is a big name
> brand. BOAD is not a big name and in all
> likelyhood will never be. As such they can't just
> use someone else's business model, and you can't
> just say well someone else offers their product
> for lower so BOAD should be able to as well.
>
> Carolla could stop working completely today and be
> set for life never having to earn another cent.
> Chad, Oscar, and Drab are so unbelievably far from
> being in that position that its just stupid to
> compare it. Adam's a rock star and they're a
> local band making a small living playing gigs at
> clubs. Adam could sell out RFK, BOAD can
> sometimes sell out Jammin Java. It just doesn't
> match up.
>
> If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it.
> No one is holding a gun to your head. I don't go
> in to a restaurant order a meal and then say I
> only want to pay 2 dollars for it. I pay what they
> charge and eat the damn thing.

I know you're trying to say at an absolute per month level it's cheaper than XM (although I just went to their site and the internet only subscription is $12.99, which includes listening to Stern and O&A on demand), but the counter-point I am trying to make is that people want to know if they are getting a fair deal and will compare it to other similar products. If BOAD is priced significantly higher than other premium podcast offerings people will perceive it as a poor value and be less likely to purchase it.

I am sure you're right that they think that they have priced Reloaded correctly, but I think they have priced it too high and are not helping themselves. I would be very surprised to find out that they researched their price point, especially given that TMOS offers a similar product at about half the price (and I would be surprised to find out that they didn't put ID3 tags on their premium content).

And just for comparison Adam Carolla did 2 shows at the Fillmore in Silver Spring earlier this year and he's doing one at The Warner Theater in November. Yes they are bigger venues than Jammin Java, but a lot smaller than RFK. I never denied that Carolla is more popular than BOAD, but if anything that his popularity means he can charge more than BOAD can. It's why it costs 1.29 a song for The Beatles on iTunes, but your average mid-level band charges 0.99.

Posted by: GW ()
Date: September 28, 2012 01:45PM

Flabnuts Wrote:
> So pro-choice Dukes is in.....

but Fetus Dukes is out

Date: September 28, 2012 01:58PM

I don't want to be a jerk, but can you two shut the fuck up about how BOAD stacks up to XM? Your points were tedious fifteen posts ago. What do you think is, the McLaughlin Group?

Now, getting back to a subject that hasn't been done to death, hey Andrew Ryan, would you let Jormand fist your mom if he took you out to CiCi's pizza afterwards?

Date: September 28, 2012 03:40PM

@Fuck_TheNorthman: The reason people here all like Dave is because he came here and asked everybody questions about what they wanted to hear on RTH. Of course one of the big things was “why is Chad such a fuck head to listeners?”

Dave actually did ask that question but in kind of a half assed way. They asked it in a way that compared Chad (as the bad guy) to Oscar (as the good guy) and Drab answered the question saying that it was all schtick and that Chad really loves the listeners, yada, yada, yada…. It seemed like a half-assed, bull-shit answer to me and I haven’t listened to any BOAD since.

Still, Dave actually did make an effort to come to this thread (which Chad HATES) and ask our opinions and subsequently brought them to RTH. For that, he earned my respect. Like you, I had no idea who he was before he came to this thread.

Date: September 28, 2012 03:49PM

No... No I would not.

Glad to see you back, my friend! Can I interest you in a Sirius system for your car?

Oh, you ride the Metro? Were you violated by the Blue Power Ranger? I KNEW IT!!!!
Attachments:
6670.jpg

Date: September 28, 2012 10:37PM

Ha. That's pretty good.

Date: September 28, 2012 10:59PM

Here is a link to Dui tshirt's college football podcast:
http://www.operationsports.com/news/581220/operation-sports-dual-threat-podcast-week-5/

Date: September 29, 2012 03:04AM

Thanks for the link

Date: September 29, 2012 02:30PM

Fatty's comedy show is tonight. I wouldn't go if it was free, and I surely wouldn't drop 20 bucks. However, do take a gander at the flyer. Fatty is dressed up in overalls. What a douche.

http://jamminjava.com/home/events/comedy-harvest-chad-dukes-danny-rouhier-justin-daniels

Posted by: Triple Douche ()
Date: September 29, 2012 04:58PM

Three douchebags at Jammin Java, no thanks.

Date: September 29, 2012 09:30PM

Finally, all the bullshit makes sense! He wants to be the new Larry the Cable Guy!

Fuck_the_Northman Wrote:
> Fatty's comedy show is tonight. I wouldn't go if
> it was free, and I surely wouldn't drop 20 bucks.
> However, do take a gander at the flyer. Fatty is
> dressed up in overalls. What a douche.
>
> http://jamminjava.com/home/events/comedy-harvest-c
> had-dukes-danny-rouhier-justin-daniels

Posted by: c. dukes ()
Date: September 29, 2012 09:40PM

I love to eat ass.

Date: September 30, 2012 08:47AM

We know chad... we know

Posted by: Brian Crane ()
Date: September 30, 2012 11:29AM

I live for this!

Posted by: Yucky ()
Date: September 30, 2012 01:48PM

http://twitter.com/i/#!/chaddukes/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FLool6EDp

and now the cunt is donning hipster scarves in 70 degree weather while tormenting his "horde" with his "comedy". Has an identity crisis ever been as amusing?

Posted by: Comedy Harvest Review ()
Date: September 30, 2012 02:18PM

Yucky Wrote:
> http://twitter.com/i/#!/chaddukes/media/slideshow?
> url=pic.twitter.com%2FLool6EDp
>
> and now the cunt is donning hipster scarves in 70
> degree weather while tormenting his "horde" with
> his "comedy". Has an identity crisis ever been as
> amusing?

He wasn't as awful as I thought he was going to be, but that scarf, OMG what a douche! Cakes commented that it cost something like $270...

The real disappointment of the night was "Funny Danny" Rouhier, who I didn't find to be very funny at all. He was the reason I went in the first place.

I saw Oscar walk into the place, as well.

I don't think the show was completely sold out, but it was pretty crowded. Not worth anywhere near $26 (including "convenience fee") worth of entertainment.

Posted by: Hipster Dukes ()
Date: September 30, 2012 03:37PM

I like all the post show "pointing" pics. Douchebag.

Posted by: Nice ()
Date: September 30, 2012 05:38PM

Nice hipster scarf from the guy who complains about tight jeans and "bro dogs" while he stocks up on wrestling t-shirts and overalls. John Varvatos? Guarantee you he only bought it because that is Howard Stern's go-to designer.

Posted by: Cristina Stewart ()
Date: September 30, 2012 06:59PM

Know your places!!!

Date: October 01, 2012 02:28AM

Well, If there was ever any doubt, it is gone now
Attachments:
Prof Gaybody.jpg

Posted by: Chadisgay ()
Date: October 01, 2012 06:42AM

peekza Wrote:
> Well, If there was ever any doubt, it is gone now

Gay Dukes is in

Date: October 01, 2012 09:05AM

He amazingly lost no weight in his face.

Date: October 01, 2012 09:11AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> He amazingly lost no weight in his face.

For someone who lost "a ton of weight", he looks like he needs to lose a ton more. He did put a bunch back on though, right? Isn't that why he was doing that stupid detox program?

Date: October 01, 2012 10:24AM

I still don't get the scarf

Posted by: chadisgay ()
Date: October 01, 2012 10:28AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> I still don't get the scarf

It's couture, an accessory. You know, like women do, or gay men.

Posted by: 'merica ()
Date: October 01, 2012 10:29AM

Is that scarf an American flag?

Posted by: AJM ()
Date: October 01, 2012 11:24AM

'merica Wrote:
> Is that scarf an American flag?

Sure looks like it. Plenty of horse's-assery going on on that stage.

And I just noticed the file name of that picture. Nice one, peekza!

Date: October 01, 2012 12:18PM

Chad claims to be a real American, yet desecrates the flag....real douchebag is more like it.

Date: October 01, 2012 12:25PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> I still don't get the scarf

Is it a combination of neck roll concealer and when he catches a load in the mouth, he has something soft to wipe his mouth with?

Date: October 01, 2012 12:27PM

peekza Wrote:
> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----
> > I still don't get the scarf
>
>
> Is it a combination of neck roll concealer and
> when he catches a load in the mouth, he has
> something soft to wipe his mouth with?

Which makes the flag desecration even worse.

Posted by: All gay ()
Date: October 01, 2012 01:26PM

Do you know what is even gayer than that scarf? You sad fucks commenting on a man wearing a scarf.

Posted by: chadisgay ()
Date: October 01, 2012 01:35PM

All gay Wrote:
> Do you know what is even gayer than that scarf?
> You sad fucks commenting on a man wearing a scarf.

No, what is gayer is someone who gets off on watching two guys make out, then putting a watch up his ass and then denying he is gay. That is gayer.

Date: October 01, 2012 03:05PM

And Drab is the gay one? Fucking please!

Pages: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 95

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.