HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122All...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: Salty ()
Date: October 31, 2015 11:04PM

It honestly just sounds like a lot of salty broad run fans that thought they were supposed to win and when a team came out and beat them off the ball, they want to blame the loss on the fact there were penalties.

Some of the last few posters are right - when people play physical and tend to be good, everyone says they are dirty. When there was a dirty play there is a penalty and they get what's theirs. What people are calling "illegal chop blocks" are conpleltey legal in the box, and is used by every team. Actually... Broad run blocked that way a few times too. The ones where there were penalties were correctly called but if you say that every play there was one, you're just upset that when a 5A team came to play the big boys in 6A, you got your ass handed to you.

Regarding the cville vs Robinson game, it's a hard one to call. It seems as if centerville has been building momentum these past two games and they are obviously getting better from their original start. The deep passes that centerville likes to throw will be a threat to the Robinson pass defense but in my book that's the only thing that is effective against robinson. No team has been able to run on them and only a select 1 or 2 can actually get past the pass rush and compelete a ball. Robinsons offense is hit or miss but if they play well they are unstoppable. Centerville on the other hand has quick athletic people all around the field and are an explosive team - especially after their slow start and their recent wins/close games. I'd have to give it to Robinson but if they aren't focused and play their best, there is an upset in the works.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DeezNuts ()
Date: November 01, 2015 07:25AM

Apparently Robinson's new defensive coordinator was Centreville's previous DC for the 2013-2014 seasons. He was also coordinating during South County's 2011 l state run season as well.

Posted by: LB fan ()
Date: November 01, 2015 09:32AM

Huge game this week. Who wins Lake Braddock or South County? Lake Braddock has had the upper hand the past few years despite the talent level being somewhat even.

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: November 01, 2015 10:08AM

What a fantastic final week of regular season football. Obviously you have the game of the year with 9-0 South County travelling to 9-0 Lake Braddock for a conference championship; but a lot of other great games on the docket too. Robinson-Centreville will be a great one, Chantilly-Westfield is always a great environment, and then you have two Loudoun titans squaring off in the Tuscarora-Broad Run game.

South County @ Lake Braddock (-8.0)
*Let’s start with the big one; I like Lake Braddock here because they have the better defensive unit. Both teams have multiple big play weapons and consistently get up and down the field – so I look for this one coming down to turnovers which I think Braddock will win that battle. These are clearly the best two regular season teams in the region this year so I am very excited for this one (doesn’t mean this will be the region final though). If you are available, you should make it a point to get to this game. The atmosphere will be second-to-none.

Annandale @ West Springfield (-10.0)
*I still can’t believe the Spartans lost to Woodson. I look for the focused Spartans to show up against a dangerous Annandale team.

Chantilly @ Westfield (-15.0)
*Chantilly is reeling. I hate their offensive line going up against such a great defensive front 7. Chantilly’s qb is very good moving around the pocket, but Westfield will dial up all sorts of blitzes which should fluster Chantilly.

Edison @ Potomac Falls (-35.0)
*This week forget watching your kid play, go to South County-Lake Braddock

Fairfax @ South Lakes (-21.0)
*This week forget watching your kid play, go to South County-Lake Braddock. South Lakes has had a great year and should finish the regular season with another comfortable win.

Hayfield @ Madison (-7.0)
*Madison should win, but I think Hayfield will give them a good game here despite some scores against common opponents suggesting otherwise.

Jefferson @ Marshall (-35.0)

Langley (-10.0) @ McLean
*Should be a good rivalry game.

Lee @ Wakefield (-28.0)

Mount Vernon @ West Potomac (-35.5)

Oakton (-18.0) @ Herndon

Robinson (-7.0) @ Centreville
*Here is a very intriguing team. Centreville’s confidence is increasing and a win against Robinson would be a statement heading into the playoffs. I love the physicality of these two teams, I just think Robinson is further along and better at what they do. I look for the Rams to handle the Wildcats in this one.

Stone Bridge (-13.0) @ Briar Woods
*This could be a good one. Briar Woods usually brings a competitive performance.

Stuart @ Falls Church (-3.0)
*This will be a good game for these two neighboring schools. Could go either way.

Tuscarora (-10.0) @ Broad Run
*A month ago these were clearly the best two in Loudoun; Broad Run has been depleted due to a tough schedule and injuries. Could still go either way but I feel confident picking the Tuskies here.

Washington-Lee (-1.0) @ Yorktown

Woodson @ TC Williams (-2.0)

Posted by: Arlington mom ()
Date: November 01, 2015 01:48PM

The arch rivalry and playoff implications should make the W-L Yorktown game interesting. It will be close because of the rivalry, but W-L has the stronger defense. Could be a low scoring game and could go either way.

Posted by: GAU ()
Date: November 01, 2015 06:30PM

Projections for last four in/first four out please.

Posted by: NR football fan ()
Date: November 01, 2015 11:14PM

GAU Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Projections for last four in/first four out
> please.

In a post above, the current standings are posted after last weekend's action. I'll post teams that are in 13 - 20th places:

Annandale (228) 25.33
Chantilly (227) 25.22
W.T. Woodson (218) 24.22
Washington-Lee (216) 24.00
==============
Yorktown (214) 23.78
Patriot (211) 23.44
Langley (200) 22.22
T.C. Williams (199) 22.11

I don't think that Annandale and Chantilly can be knocked out of the playoffs, though if they lose, they may fall below 13th and 14th place. The numbers would have to be run. I don't think that Langley or TC can move up to playoff position, even with a win.

Winner of WL at Yorktown is in.

Patriot (4-5) plays Battlefield (7-2) on Friday. If Patriot were to pull that out, they would get 26 points for the win, plus 14 points (2X7) for each of Battlefield's wins. That, by itself gets them to 251. They will get 2 points because someone will win between Osbourn and Osbourn Park (both defeated by Patriot). That gets them to 253. They would get additional points under the VHSL rules if other teams on their schedule get wins (likely). If Patriot were to lose that game, they will get 14 points, plus one point for the additional Battlefield win, and two points for the winner of Osbourn/OP. That gets Patriot to 228, plus points depending on what the other teams on their schedule do.

Woodson currently has 218. They would get 30 points by beating TCW on Saturday. That gets them to 248. They will get one point based on the winner of LB/SoCO, two points if Mt. Vernon beats West PO and 1 point if West Po wins, two points if West Springfield beats Annandale and one point if Annandale wins, one point of Robo beats Centreville, one point if Chantilly beats Westfield, and two points if Fairfax beats South Lakes. If all of those games go against Woodson, they will get to 251. If all of those go Woodson's way, they will get to 257. If Woodson loses, they get 17 points (14 for the loss, plus three points for 3 TCW wins). That gets them to 235. They can get as few as 3 additional points. or as many as 9, with a final point total that would range from 238 to 244.

Based on this, if Patriot wins, Woodson is almost certainly eliminated, even before they play at TCW (that game is Saturday). On the other hand, if Patriot loses, Woodson is probably in regardless of what they do against TCW.

Posted by: SOCO SUCKS ()
Date: November 01, 2015 11:30PM

Saw somewhere that SC is ranked number 1 in VA.. What a joke this team is lucky to get out of the first rd in the north here's why.

1. I've never seen a team with more luck at the expense of opponent misfortune. Take a look at the Westfield game where 8 starters are suspended and they barely survive. Then the Woodson game Wr drop or are overthrown on at least 4 potential TD catches while wide open! Then they play West Po without them having their best receiver Ellis had no where to go with the ball the whole night. Braddock is coming into the game 100% as far as injuries and suspensions look for SC to get exposed.

2. SC offense is extremely turnover prone with that bullshit option based offense those kids drop pitches n fumble at an extremely high rate. #9 is decent but almost all his yards are from trick plays or blown coverages. The QB over there's arm is horrible and he makes terrible reads compare him to Edwards at LB.

3. And finally that god awful defense SC has west Springfield really dropped the formula to embarrass that team they bombed the stallions up and down the field the whole night their front seven is decent but the secondary is terrible. put that on top of their coach putting a terrible D in terrible field position with the bogus onside kick and go for every fourth down strategy and you have a shit show.

All in all I hope you SOCO fans enjoyed your season because your going to get exposed Friday at LB and the rest of your games in the playoffs if you guys couldn't stop WS or Woodson for that matter what do you think mansaray, Scott and company are going to do to you.... LB (-27) and playoff first rd exit for the stallions I'd bet the house on it!

Posted by: Jealous much? Soco hater ()
Date: November 02, 2015 08:18AM

Love it the hate is inspiring. dickweed get out of your mothers basement and enjoy the sport for what it is and or just hate on which seems just as much fun! Actually me hating on you does feel pretty good! I get it now!

Posted by: mbuMn ()
Date: November 02, 2015 09:51AM

Hmm... WS bombed the stallions up and down the field the whole night (but still lost), WTW dropped or are overthrew on at least 4 potential TD catches while wide open (that just confirms bad on WTW rather than SC), Westfield was without 10000 starters, but somehow won all their other games while in that same boat...

What you are essentially saying that all these teams failed to execute? ...sounds about right. They are teams that deservedly lost because they didn't do what they needed to do to win. SC did.

Before we go "oh, just wait until they play a playoff team"... 6 of their 9 wins are against teams that would currently be in the playoffs.

I haven't seen every school, but my biggest observation about SC that set them apart in some games I saw was this.... conditioning.

Decent teams can keep up with them for a half, maybe partway thru the 3rd quarter, but I've seen a few games this year where the other guys just couldn't hang with SC through four quarters. WestPo was one of them - competitive through halftime, then the Stallions ran away with it.

Posted by: Basement poster ()
Date: November 02, 2015 10:25AM

SOCO SUCKS Wrote:
> Saw somewhere that SC is ranked number 1 in VA..
> What a joke this team is lucky to get out of the
> first rd in the north here's why.
>
> 1. I've never seen a team with more luck at the
> expense of opponent misfortune. Take a look at the
> Westfield game where 8 starters are suspended and
> they barely survive. Then the Woodson game Wr drop
> or are overthrown on at least 4 potential TD
> catches while wide open! Then they play West Po
> without them having their best receiver Ellis had
> no where to go with the ball the whole night.
> Braddock is coming into the game 100% as far as
> injuries and suspensions look for SC to get
> exposed.
>
> 2. SC offense is extremely turnover prone with
> that bullshit option based offense those kids drop
> pitches n fumble at an extremely high rate. #9 is
> decent but almost all his yards are from trick
> plays or blown coverages. The QB over there's arm
> is horrible and he makes terrible reads compare
> him to Edwards at LB.
>
>
> 3. And finally that god awful defense SC has west
> Springfield really dropped the formula to
> embarrass that team they bombed the stallions up
> and down the field the whole night their front
> seven is decent but the secondary is terrible. put
> that on top of their coach putting a terrible D in
> terrible field position with the bogus onside kick
> and go for every fourth down strategy and you have
> a shit show.
>
> All in all I hope you SOCO fans enjoyed your
> season because your going to get exposed Friday at
> LB and the rest of your games in the playoffs if
> you guys couldn't stop WS or Woodson for that
> matter what do you think mansaray, Scott and
> company are going to do to you.... LB (-27) and
> playoff first rd exit for the stallions I'd bet
> the house on it!

You make some good points, and some really bad points.

Soco is and has been the top scoring offense in the state, despite turnovers, for the last four years now! They put up over 40 points on Braddock last year, with 7 turnovers. This is a dynamic offense that has 5-6 threats at any given time, and a QB that can run the ball if needed.

Soco's defense is suspect, but they've been put in terrible field position between turnovers and onside kicks the entire year, so that won't be something new to them against LB. This is a very athletic group who's improving week to week.

Just because you have a personal hate towards Soco. Don't miss out on the facts that no one said they would be 9-0 going into Braddock with the schedule they faced all year, so just chill and enjoy what could be a very good game Friday night.

Also, saying Soco is going to be a first round loser is simply silly, and you lose all credibility after posting it here. You my friend are a hater, and that is exactly what Soco likes. So make sure you come early and pay your $5 to watch a great game Friday between two very solid football teams.

This game is going to come down to who wants it more, and by the looks of it Soco is the hungrier team!!

Posted by: Wonder what ()
Date: November 02, 2015 10:26AM

Wonder what MURAN thinks about the upcoming Soco Vs. LB game??!!

Posted by: SOCO Sucks ()
Date: November 02, 2015 10:33AM

Your point about them playing playoff teams is a weak one when teams like TCW are a game out of the hunt. SC isn't good there's no hate here just objectivity. Are any of their players going to play at the next level? I doubt it so obviously I'm not alone in this thinking look at LB multiple D1 guys and when they play inferior teams they dominate. So we'll see about "mighty SC on Friday"...

PS none of these Fcps programs would stand a chance against teams in the south, PWC,and definitely not MD or DC so let's all just be glad we play where we play.

Posted by: Basement man ()
Date: November 02, 2015 10:38AM

Basement poster Wrote:
> SOCO SUCKS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Saw somewhere that SC is ranked number 1 in
> VA..
> > What a joke this team is lucky to get out of
> the
> > first rd in the north here's why.
> >
> > 1. I've never seen a team with more luck at the
> > expense of opponent misfortune. Take a look at
> the
> > Westfield game where 8 starters are suspended
> and
> > they barely survive. Then the Woodson game Wr
> drop
> > or are overthrown on at least 4 potential TD
> > catches while wide open! Then they play West Po
> > without them having their best receiver Ellis
> had
> > no where to go with the ball the whole night.
> > Braddock is coming into the game 100% as far as
> > injuries and suspensions look for SC to get
> > exposed.
> >
> > 2. SC offense is extremely turnover prone with
> > that bullshit option based offense those kids
> drop
> > pitches n fumble at an extremely high rate. #9
> is
> > decent but almost all his yards are from trick
> > plays or blown coverages. The QB over there's
> arm
> > is horrible and he makes terrible reads compare
> > him to Edwards at LB.
> >
> >
> > 3. And finally that god awful defense SC has
> west
> > Springfield really dropped the formula to
> > embarrass that team they bombed the stallions
> up
> > and down the field the whole night their front
> > seven is decent but the secondary is terrible.
> put
> > that on top of their coach putting a terrible D
> in
> > terrible field position with the bogus onside
> kick
> > and go for every fourth down strategy and you
> have
> > a shit show.
> >
> > All in all I hope you SOCO fans enjoyed your
> > season because your going to get exposed Friday
> at
> > LB and the rest of your games in the playoffs
> if
> > you guys couldn't stop WS or Woodson for that
> > matter what do you think mansaray, Scott and
> > company are going to do to you.... LB (-27) and
> > playoff first rd exit for the stallions I'd bet
> > the house on it!
>
> You make some good points, and some really bad
> points.
>
> Soco is and has been the top scoring offense in
> the state, despite turnovers, for the last four
> years now! They put up over 40 points on Braddock
> last year, with 7 turnovers. This is a dynamic
> offense that has 5-6 threats at any given time,
> and a QB that can run the ball if needed.
>
> Soco's defense is suspect, but they've been put in
> terrible field position between turnovers and
> onside kicks the entire year, so that won't be
> something new to them against LB. This is a very
> athletic group who's improving week to week.
>
> Just because you have a personal hate towards
> Soco. Don't miss out on the facts that no one
> said they would be 9-0 going into Braddock with
> the schedule they faced all year, so just chill
> and enjoy what could be a very good game Friday
> night.
>
> Also, saying Soco is going to be a first round
> loser is simply silly, and you lose all
> credibility after posting it here. You my friend
> are a hater, and that is exactly what Soco likes.
> So make sure you come early and pay your $5 to
> watch a great game Friday between two very solid
> football teams.
>
> This game is going to come down to who wants it
> more, and by the looks of it Soco is the hungrier
> team!!

They dropped 40 after getting scorched for 60 and the game was over.. LB will spread them out n torch that awful secondary

Posted by: Still ()
Date: November 02, 2015 10:58AM

Basement man Wrote:
> Basement poster Wrote:
> -----
> > SOCO SUCKS Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Saw somewhere that SC is ranked number 1 in
> > VA..
> > > What a joke this team is lucky to get out of
> > the
> > > first rd in the north here's why.
> > >
> > > 1. I've never seen a team with more luck at
> the
> > > expense of opponent misfortune. Take a look
> at
> > the
> > > Westfield game where 8 starters are suspended
> > and
> > > they barely survive. Then the Woodson game Wr
> > drop
> > > or are overthrown on at least 4 potential TD
> > > catches while wide open! Then they play West
> Po
> > > without them having their best receiver Ellis
> > had
> > > no where to go with the ball the whole night.
> > > Braddock is coming into the game 100% as far
> as
> > > injuries and suspensions look for SC to get
> > > exposed.
> > >
> > > 2. SC offense is extremely turnover prone
> with
> > > that bullshit option based offense those kids
> > drop
> > > pitches n fumble at an extremely high rate.
> #9
> > is
> > > decent but almost all his yards are from
> trick
> > > plays or blown coverages. The QB over there's
> > arm
> > > is horrible and he makes terrible reads
> compare
> > > him to Edwards at LB.
> > >
> > >
> > > 3. And finally that god awful defense SC has
> > west
> > > Springfield really dropped the formula to
> > > embarrass that team they bombed the stallions
> > up
> > > and down the field the whole night their
> front
> > > seven is decent but the secondary is
> terrible.
> > put
> > > that on top of their coach putting a terrible
> D
> > in
> > > terrible field position with the bogus onside
> > kick
> > > and go for every fourth down strategy and you
> > have
> > > a shit show.
> > >
> > > All in all I hope you SOCO fans enjoyed your
> > > season because your going to get exposed
> Friday
> > at
> > > LB and the rest of your games in the playoffs
> > if
> > > you guys couldn't stop WS or Woodson for that
> > > matter what do you think mansaray, Scott and
> > > company are going to do to you.... LB (-27)
> and
> > > playoff first rd exit for the stallions I'd
> bet
> > > the house on it!
> >
> > You make some good points, and some really bad
> > points.
> >
> > Soco is and has been the top scoring offense in
> > the state, despite turnovers, for the last four
> > years now! They put up over 40 points on
> Braddock
> > last year, with 7 turnovers. This is a dynamic
> > offense that has 5-6 threats at any given time,
> > and a QB that can run the ball if needed.
> >
> > Soco's defense is suspect, but they've been put
> in
> > terrible field position between turnovers and
> > onside kicks the entire year, so that won't be
> > something new to them against LB. This is a
> very
> > athletic group who's improving week to week.
> >
> > Just because you have a personal hate towards
> > Soco. Don't miss out on the facts that no one
> > said they would be 9-0 going into Braddock with
> > the schedule they faced all year, so just chill
> > and enjoy what could be a very good game Friday
> > night.
> >
> > Also, saying Soco is going to be a first round
> > loser is simply silly, and you lose all
> > credibility after posting it here. You my
> friend
> > are a hater, and that is exactly what Soco
> likes.
> > So make sure you come early and pay your $5 to
> > watch a great game Friday between two very
> solid
> > football teams.
> >
> > This game is going to come down to who wants it
> > more, and by the looks of it Soco is the
> hungrier
> > team!!
>
> They dropped 40 after getting scorched for 60 and
> the game was over.. LB will spread them out n
> torch that awful secondary

Still scored 40, and that was the point. Thanks for reassuring it!!

Posted by: You suck ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:01AM

SOCO Sucks Wrote:
> Your point about them playing playoff teams is a
> weak one when teams like TCW are a game out of the
> hunt. SC isn't good there's no hate here just
> objectivity. Are any of their players going to
> play at the next level? I doubt it so obviously
> I'm not alone in this thinking look at LB multiple
> D1 guys and when they play inferior teams they
> dominate. So we'll see about "mighty SC on
> Friday"...
>
> PS none of these Fcps programs would stand a
> chance against teams in the south, PWC,and
> definitely not MD or DC so let's all just be glad
> we play where we play.

Maybe the south, but seriously PWC and DC!! You are obviously at NR hater!! Like I said, pay your $5 to come watch.

Yeah big time recruits Marshall and Vandy, two quality programs haha!! Soco builds program kids, they don't get lucky to have two D-1 kids on their roster. LB kids have really torched the BCS, just ask UConn about that one haha!!

SC might, you'll just have to wait and see...

Posted by: xkxXK ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:02AM

SOCO Sucks Wrote:
> Your point about them playing playoff teams is a
> weak one when teams like TCW are a game out of the
> hunt.

That point was directly related to your statement that they'd lose in the first round... Not saying SC is so mighty because they beat 6 playoff teams... I'm saying 6 of the teams they've already beaten are better than whoever they'll draw as a 16 seed. To say a 9-0 team that has one of the best offenses in the state will most certainly lose in round 1 is really off base

Posted by: :/ ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:27AM

You suck Wrote:
> SOCO Sucks Wrote:
> -----
> > Your point about them playing playoff teams is
> a
> > weak one when teams like TCW are a game out of
> the
> > hunt. SC isn't good there's no hate here just
> > objectivity. Are any of their players going to
> > play at the next level? I doubt it so obviously
> > I'm not alone in this thinking look at LB
> multiple
> > D1 guys and when they play inferior teams they
> > dominate. So we'll see about "mighty SC on
> > Friday"...
> >
> > PS none of these Fcps programs would stand a
> > chance against teams in the south, PWC,and
> > definitely not MD or DC so let's all just be
> glad
> > we play where we play.
>
> Maybe the south, but seriously PWC and DC!! You
> are obviously at NR hater!! Like I said, pay your
> $5 to come watch.
>
> Yeah big time recruits Marshall and Vandy, two
> quality programs haha!! Soco builds program kids,
> they don't get lucky to have two D-1 kids on their
> roster. LB kids have really torched the BCS, just
> ask UConn about that one haha!!
>
> SC might, you'll just have to wait and see...

D1 is D1 buddy where the SOCO kids going? Saw one of the bitching on Twitter about his recruiting... And look at all the talent in PWC those teams have big time recruits everywhere as far as MD n DC I'd love to see a Westfield or center vile go up to PG county outside of the NR the speed is just different. I'm not a hater I'm objective grew up in NR and graduated from WP NR just doesn't have the athletes like in the past

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:31AM

I think SoCo is most definitely a contender to win 6A North - but from what I have seen I think Lake Braddock has to be the favorite. Friday’s game could go a long way to forming everyone’s opinion - but keep in mind how hard it is to beat the same team twice in the same season.

SoCo played a nearly perfect game against Westfield (excepting those silly onside kick attempts that kept giving Westfield great field position - that really helped out Westfield’s struggling offense). I don’t know that the result would have been any different if Westfield had all their players for that game.

What would be interesting is if SoCo loses, Centreville loses to Robinson, and Soco ends up the #3 seed and Centreville the #14. Don’t know if that outcome is even possible but I could see Centreville upsetting Soco (or Westfield) if they land a #14 seed. The Centreville team I saw play Westfield is not the team I kept hearing about all season.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:32AM

xkxXK Wrote:
> SOCO Sucks Wrote:
> -----
> > Your point about them playing playoff teams is
> a
> > weak one when teams like TCW are a game out of
> the
> > hunt.
>
> That point was directly related to your statement
> that they'd lose in the first round... Not saying
> SC is so mighty because they beat 6 playoff
> teams... I'm saying 6 of the teams they've already
> beaten are better than whoever they'll draw as a
> 16 seed. To say a 9-0 team that has one of the
> best offenses in the state will most certainly
> lose in round 1 is really off base

Correct!

Date: November 02, 2015 11:50AM

> And look at all the talent in PWC those teams have
> big time recruits everywhere as far as MD n DC I'd
> love to see a Westfield or center vile go up to PG
> county outside of the NR the speed is just
> different.

As everyone should have learned over the last 20 years - speed does not in and of itself = wins. If speed was everything Hayfield should have destroyed South Lakes.

Posted by: Mathematician ()
Date: November 02, 2015 12:04PM

Soco no lower than 2 Seed. Do the Math.

Posted by: I guess! ()
Date: November 02, 2015 01:00PM

:/ Wrote:
> You suck Wrote:
> -----
> > SOCO Sucks Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Your point about them playing playoff teams
> is
> > a
> > > weak one when teams like TCW are a game out
> of
> > the
> > > hunt. SC isn't good there's no hate here just
> > > objectivity. Are any of their players going
> to
> > > play at the next level? I doubt it so
> obviously
> > > I'm not alone in this thinking look at LB
> > multiple
> > > D1 guys and when they play inferior teams
> they
> > > dominate. So we'll see about "mighty SC on
> > > Friday"...
> > >
> > > PS none of these Fcps programs would stand a
> > > chance against teams in the south, PWC,and
> > > definitely not MD or DC so let's all just be
> > glad
> > > we play where we play.
> >
> > Maybe the south, but seriously PWC and DC!!
> You
> > are obviously at NR hater!! Like I said, pay
> your
> > $5 to come watch.
> >
> > Yeah big time recruits Marshall and Vandy, two
> > quality programs haha!! Soco builds program
> kids,
> > they don't get lucky to have two D-1 kids on
> their
> > roster. LB kids have really torched the BCS,
> just
> > ask UConn about that one haha!!
> >
> > SC might, you'll just have to wait and see...
>
> D1 is D1 buddy where the SOCO kids going? Saw one
> of the bitching on Twitter about his recruiting...
> different. I'm not a hater I'm objective grew up
> in NR and graduated from WP NR just doesn't have
> the athletes like in the past

We're talking about winning games, really recruiting doesn't matter much when you're 9-0!!

Soco has as much team speed as any team in the area, you can count on that. They went down to Western Branch (a beach team) and dominated them offensively in a scrimmage, now they had legit D-1 talent. Recruiting is an individuals way of doing big things, a good team is what really matters.

You're from WP, so you might be a little salty from Soco's beat down of them last week. I completely understand.

Posted by: tsk tsk ()
Date: November 02, 2015 01:22PM

:/ Wrote:
> You suck Wrote:
> -----
> > SOCO Sucks Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Your point about them playing playoff teams
> is
> > a
> > > weak one when teams like TCW are a game out
> of
> > the
> > > hunt. SC isn't good there's no hate here just
> > > objectivity. Are any of their players going
> to
> > > play at the next level? I doubt it so
> obviously
> > > I'm not alone in this thinking look at LB
> > multiple
> > > D1 guys and when they play inferior teams
> they
> > > dominate. So we'll see about "mighty SC on
> > > Friday"...
> > >
> > > PS none of these Fcps programs would stand a
> > > chance against teams in the south, PWC,and
> > > definitely not MD or DC so let's all just be
> > glad
> > > we play where we play.
> >
> > Maybe the south, but seriously PWC and DC!!
> You
> > are obviously at NR hater!! Like I said, pay
> your
> > $5 to come watch.
> >
> > Yeah big time recruits Marshall and Vandy, two
> > quality programs haha!! Soco builds program
> kids,
> > they don't get lucky to have two D-1 kids on
> their
> > roster. LB kids have really torched the BCS,
> just
> > ask UConn about that one haha!!
> >
> > SC might, you'll just have to wait and see...
>
> D1 is D1 buddy where the SOCO kids going? Saw one
> of the bitching on Twitter about his recruiting...
> different. I'm not a hater I'm objective grew up
> in NR and graduated from WP NR just doesn't have
> the athletes like in the past

lol, can half the kids even qualify in PG or DC that's the important question. If they played in the NR they wouldn't be eligible most likely. They look great on the field but then try and get them into a classroom. So what supposed D1 coach is going to waste his time on a kid he can't even get onto the field anyways. Maybe not all, but more than half

Posted by: tsk tsk 2 ()
Date: November 02, 2015 01:27PM

Ask Centerville how fun it was to play Oscar Smith and punch em in the mouth. You sound crazy right now.

Half the teams in South are more than likely doing some kind of recruiting

didn't SOCO just recently go up to a team in MD and kick them in the mouth anyways, even if it was scrimmage contest, so you can't say that they duck that work. And if im not mistaken they played someone down South this year.

Date: November 02, 2015 03:53PM

NR football fan Wrote:
> GAU Wrote:
> -----
> > Projections for last four in/first four out
> > please.
>
> In a post above, the current standings are posted
> after last weekend's action. I'll post teams that
> are in 13 - 20th places:
>
> Annandale (228) 25.33
> Chantilly (227) 25.22
> W.T. Woodson (218) 24.22
> Washington-Lee (216) 24.00
> ==============
> Yorktown (214) 23.78
> Patriot (211) 23.44
> Langley (200) 22.22
> T.C. Williams (199) 22.11
>
> I don't think that Annandale and Chantilly can be
> knocked out of the playoffs, though if they lose,
> they may fall below 13th and 14th place. The
> numbers would have to be run. I don't think that
> Langley or TC can move up to playoff position,
> even with a win.
>
> Winner of WL at Yorktown is in.
>
> Patriot (4-5) plays Battlefield (7-2) on Friday.
> If Patriot were to pull that out, they would get
> 26 points for the win, plus 14 points (2X7) for
> each of Battlefield's wins. That, by itself gets
> them to 251. They will get 2 points because
> someone will win between Osbourn and Osbourn Park
> (both defeated by Patriot). That gets them to
> 253. They would get additional points under the
> VHSL rules if other teams on their schedule get
> wins (likely). If Patriot were to lose that game,
> they will get 14 points, plus one point for the
> additional Battlefield win, and two points for the
> winner of Osbourn/OP. That gets Patriot to 228,
> plus points depending on what the other teams on
> their schedule do.
>
> Woodson currently has 218. They would get 30
> points by beating TCW on Saturday. That gets them
> to 248. They will get one point based on the
> winner of LB/SoCO, two points if Mt. Vernon beats
> West PO and 1 point if West Po wins, two points if
> West Springfield beats Annandale and one point if
> Annandale wins, one point of Robo beats
> Centreville, one point if Chantilly beats
> Westfield, and two points if Fairfax beats South
> Lakes. If all of those games go against Woodson,
> they will get to 251. If all of those go
> Woodson's way, they will get to 257. If Woodson
> loses, they get 17 points (14 for the loss, plus
> three points for 3 TCW wins). That gets them to
> 235. They can get as few as 3 additional points.
> or as many as 9, with a final point total that
> would range from 238 to 244.
>
> Based on this, if Patriot wins, Woodson is almost
> certainly eliminated, even before they play at TCW
> (that game is Saturday). On the other hand, if
> Patriot loses, Woodson is probably in regardless
> of what they do against TCW.

According to VHSL, Patriot actually has 214 points, which makes it even tighter. Like you said, they are guaranteed 2 points from Osbourn-Osbourn Park. They are also guaranteed 1 from Forest Park-Hylton, and can get up to 4 more. So with a loss that puts them between 232 (you didn't give them the point for FP-Hylton) and 236.

But you are right, because of the points Patriot would rack up beating a 7-win team, I don't believe there is a scenario where Woodson could get in.

Date: November 02, 2015 03:57PM

tsk tsk 2 Wrote:
> Ask Centerville how fun it was to play Oscar Smith
> and punch em in the mouth. You sound crazy right
> now.
>
> Half the teams in South are more than likely doing
> some kind of recruiting
>
> didn't SOCO just recently go up to a team in MD
> and kick them in the mouth anyways, even if it was
> scrimmage contest, so you can't say that they duck
> that work. And if im not mistaken they played
> someone down South this year.

You are mistaken. Though there SOS seems to be a little better than last year, opponents are still under 500 before LB

Posted by: FairfaxGal ()
Date: November 02, 2015 04:08PM

Wait... McLean beat Fairfax???? Lol

Date: November 02, 2015 04:46PM

SOCO SUCKS Wrote:
> Saw somewhere that SC is ranked number 1 in VA..
> What a joke this team is lucky to get out of the
> first rd in the north here's why.

Current Virginia 6A Top 6 Rankings

VHSL Power Points:
1. South County
2. Lake Braddock
3. Ocean Lakes
4. Oscar Smith
5. Colonial Forge
6. Westfield

VHSL-REFERENCE:
1. South County
2. Ocean Lakes
3. Lake Braddock
4. Oscar Smith
5. Westfield
6. Colonial Forge

Gilliam Ratings:
1. Ocean Lakes
2. Lake Braddock
3. South County
4. Oscar Smith
5. Westfield
6. Robinson

calpreps.com:
1. Ocean Lakes
2. South County
3. Lake Braddock
4. Oscar Smith
5. Westfield
6. Robinson

Date: November 02, 2015 05:19PM

According to VHSL, Patriot actually has 214 points, which makes it even tighter. Like you said, they are guaranteed 2 points from Osbourn-Osbourn Park. They are also guaranteed 1 from Forest Park-Hylton, and can get up to 4 more. So with a loss that puts them between 232 (you didn't give them the point for FP-Hylton) and 236.

But you are right, because of the points Patriot would rack up beating a 7-win team, I don't believe there is a scenario where Woodson could get in.

--------------------

Thanks for that correction. I checked on the VHSL website, and this is confirmed. I took my original standings from a post on Rivals.com which obviously had an error.

This makes me wonder if the WL Yorktown game is really going to be winner is in, loser goes home. Since Yorktown only has 3 wins, WL wouldn't rack up the some number of points that Patriot would rack up with a win. I'll have to check the math more carefully.

Posted by: What??? ()
Date: November 02, 2015 06:09PM

D1 is D1 buddy where the SOCO kids going? Saw one of the bitching on Twitter about his recruiting... And look at all the talent in PWC those teams have big time recruits everywhere as far as MD n DC I'd love to see a Westfield or center vile go up to PG county outside of the NR the speed is just different. I'm not a hater I'm objective grew up in NR and graduated from WP NR just doesn't have the athletes like in the past.

------------------

Ummm, Westfield plays Dematha and typically Quince Orchard in the pre-season. They get it handed to them by Dematha but any public school typically would. They always play QO well, and before them they played LC Bird in the preseason.

As far as the NR region being down in talent I believe there are more kids in the post from the NR then PWC heading to D1 schools. The Big 10 now recruits mainly in the DMV with a good number of NR kids on their rosters or on their radar.

Date: November 02, 2015 07:44PM

NR football fan Wrote:
> According to VHSL, Patriot actually has 214
> points, which makes it even tighter. Like you
> said, they are guaranteed 2 points from
> Osbourn-Osbourn Park. They are also guaranteed 1
> from Forest Park-Hylton, and can get up to 4 more.
> So with a loss that puts them between 232 (you
> didn't give them the point for FP-Hylton) and
> 236.
>
> But you are right, because of the points Patriot
> would rack up beating a 7-win team, I don't
> believe there is a scenario where Woodson could
> get in.
>
> --------------------
>
> Thanks for that correction. I checked on the VHSL
> website, and this is confirmed. I took my
> original standings from a post on Rivals.com which
> obviously had an error.
>
> This makes me wonder if the WL Yorktown game is
> really going to be winner is in, loser goes home.
> Since Yorktown only has 3 wins, WL wouldn't rack
> up the some number of points that Patriot would
> rack up with a win. I'll have to check the math
> more carefully.

I went back and looked at Woodson and Patriot closely. (And wow to Patriot's SOS.)

If Patriot wins:
26 points
14 bonus points from Battlefield
2 bonus points for Osbourn/Osbourn Park
1 bonus point for Forest Park/Hylton
+2 if Stafford wins
+1 if Woodbridge wins
+1 if Mountain View wins
+1 if Brooke Point wins

That's 257 minimum, 262 max. 231 with a loss.

If Woodson wins:
26 points
4 bonus points from TC
3 guaranteed bonus (LB/SC, WS/Ann, MV/WP either way those go)
+2 for Fairfax win
+1 for Mount Vernon win
+1 for West Springfield win
+1 for Chantilly win
+1 for Robinson win

That would put them at 251 minimum, 257 max. 235 with a loss.

Now, for Washington-Lee:
26 for a win
6 bonus points from Yorktown
4 guaranteed bonus points
+2 for TJ win
+1 for Fairfax win
+1 for Westfield win
+1 for Wakefield win

252 min, 257 max. 234 with a loss.

For Yorktown:
26 for a win
8 bonus points from W-L
3 guaranteed bonus points
+2 for Wakefield win
+1 for Wilson win
+1 for Fairfax win
+1 for Broad Run win
+1 for McLean win

252 min, 258 max. 232 with a loss.

This means, if Woodson gets no help they are a point short of the W-L/Yorktown winner.

Posted by: All hail LB ()
Date: November 02, 2015 08:31PM

STATE CHAMPS that is all ;)

Posted by: tsk ()
Date: November 03, 2015 08:57AM

So what "help" does Woodson need, I have a friend that coaches there

Date: November 03, 2015 09:28AM

tsk Wrote:
> So what "help" does Woodson need, I have a friend
> that coaches there

Well #1 is they need Battlefield to beat Patriot. If Patriot loses, Woodson will get that spot and the W-L/Yorktown winner the other. If Patriot wins, Woodson has to win plus stay ahead of the W-L/Yorktown winner. The games this is riding on are Fairfax/South Lakes, Mount Vernon/West Po, West Springfield/Annandale, Chantilly/Westfield, and Robinson/Centreville. The team listed first goes in Woodson's favor.

Posted by: please ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:40AM

The County boys have nothing to worry about. This should be an easy win against Lake Braddock. Half of their starters are hurt. They can win with their eyes closed

Posted by: MACLAENDLSUJAL> ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:41AM

any thoughts on the McLean team?

Posted by: greenmachine ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:41AM

The players in green should have a fun afternoon. With that high scoring offense I am excited to see if that Lake Braddock scoreboard goes up to 3 digits. Can't wait!

Posted by: ouchieowie ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:49AM

please Wrote:
> The County boys have nothing to worry about. This
> should be an easy win against Lake Braddock. Half
> of their starters are hurt. They can win with
> their eyes closed

This time of the year most teams have a lot of starters hurting. LB is pretty deep compared to SoCo. They can handle injuries.

Posted by: Muran ()
Date: November 03, 2015 12:13PM

Round eye,

Muran rent check on Rake Braddock. Now you tell Muran stahtah hurt? Who stahtah hurt? Why he hurt? Muran roose everyting if Rake Braddock roose. He need know!

Muran

Posted by: DumBA$$ ()
Date: November 03, 2015 12:15PM

Lake Braddock Deep????????????? They play everyone both ways! Soco plays no one both ways and have been without as many as 8 starters in one game. But they didn't whine like Westfield. Soco does suck they just suck less than everyone else.

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: November 03, 2015 06:15PM

RydellllRoad Wrote:
> > And look at all the talent in PWC those teams
> have
> > big time recruits everywhere as far as MD n DC
> I'd
> > love to see a Westfield or center vile go up to
> PG
> > county outside of the NR the speed is just
> > different.
>
> As everyone should have learned over the last 20
> years - speed does not in and of itself = wins.
> If speed was everything Hayfield should have
> destroyed South Lakes.

Well, not really. SL was definitely Faster! SL receivers are all track stars too. Hayfield had one fast guy on the field.

Posted by: Pannoni ()
Date: November 03, 2015 07:48PM

Soco is the real deal. Braddock is going to get exposed on Friday night. South County is just better

Posted by: Número uno ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:00PM

They are #1 in the state for a reason!!!

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:25PM

I'm just confused as to how south county is #1 in the state. Don't get me wrong they are good, one of the top northern region contenders, but their schedule is so much easier than a large majority compared to that of Lakebraddock Westfield or Robinson. Obviously they will be ranked higher than Westfield and Robinson because of record but it doesn't make sense to see them as #1 in the state. Same thing is true for Madison at #4 in northern region - they beat a very unstable stone bridge early on in the season but other than that, why are they ranked so high?

Date: November 03, 2015 10:20PM

Confused Wrote:
> I'm just confused as to how south county is #1 in
> the state. Don't get me wrong they are good, one
> of the top northern region contenders, but their
> schedule is so much easier than a large majority
> compared to that of Lakebraddock Westfield or
> Robinson. Obviously they will be ranked higher
> than Westfield and Robinson because of record but
> it doesn't make sense to see them as #1 in the
> state. Same thing is true for Madison at #4 in
> northern region - they beat a very unstable stone
> bridge early on in the season but other than that,
> why are they ranked so high?

Math used by VHSL Reference. The same math that says LB actually had an easier schedule - by far.

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/sos_by_team_real_gy.cfm?GY=2015

Posted by: RPI GUY ()
Date: November 04, 2015 05:32AM

RPI is a better than SOS.

The exact formula for determining the RPI of a team at any given time is as follows: RPI = (WP * .25) + (OWP * .50) + (OOWP * .25)

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/ratingsmainpage_RPI_gy.cfm?division=6

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: November 04, 2015 09:50AM

Confused Wrote:
> I'm just confused as to how south county is #1 in
> the state. Don't get me wrong they are good, one
> of the top northern region contenders, but their
> schedule is so much easier than a large majority
> compared to that of Lakebraddock Westfield or
> Robinson. Obviously they will be ranked higher
> than Westfield and Robinson because of record but
> it doesn't make sense to see them as #1 in the
> state. Same thing is true for Madison at #4 in
> northern region - they beat a very unstable stone
> bridge early on in the season but other than that,
> why are they ranked so high?

They are 9-0, beat Westfield, the their schedule is way tougher than LB's!!

Ocean Lakes has a pretty cake schedule as well, so not sure why you're questioning it. Just deal with it, and let things play out.

Posted by: Lb v soco ()
Date: November 04, 2015 04:20PM

Really? You are gonna say that south county's schedule is harder because they went up against Westfield? Do you realize that Westfield lost against south county because some Westfield players were suspended (I do not know how many but it was a significant number of players) because of drug possession or something similar to that. This was a big advantage to south county.

Point is south county should be ranked high but not higher than ocean lakes. On the other hand, they're rank over lake Braddock will be determined this Friday night.

Posted by: hey Dumbass ()
Date: November 04, 2015 07:34PM

hey Dumb Ass ocean lakes is really really good with the best recruits a coach can buy but their schedule is full of about 5 or 6 Lee/ and Mount Vernon type schools from both 4A and 5A. They thought they would walk over centerville but that was the first real competition they had all last season. There are at least 4 or 5 Novateams that can play with them.

Posted by: False points ()
Date: November 05, 2015 08:22AM

Lb v soco Wrote:
> Really? You are gonna say that south county's
> schedule is harder because they went up against
> Westfield? Do you realize that Westfield lost
> against south county because some Westfield
> players were suspended (I do not know how many but
> it was a significant number of players) because of
> drug possession or something similar to that. This
> was a big advantage to south county.
>
> Point is south county should be ranked high but
> not higher than ocean lakes. On the other hand,
> they're rank over lake Braddock will be determined
> this Friday night.

Your making points with that you're unsure of. Get some legit facts then you can come to the table. A win is a win, deal with it!!

Look at Ocean Lakes schedule:

Salem 7-2 (might be good, who knows.)
First Colonial 4-5 (Yikes!)
Princess Anna 3-6 (Another quality opponent!)
Green Run 3-6 (Yet another one!!)
Kempsville 0-9 (WOW!)
Kellam 4-5 (And another one!)
Tallwood 4-7 (Sucks!)
Bayside 6-3 (might be good, who knows.)
Cox 6-3 (Again, who knows)
Landstown 4-5 (Sucks!)

So as you see, there are some quality opponents from a birds eye view. To say Ocean Lakes has a tough schedule without even looking at their opponents is just simple.

You can look at Soco's schedule online and see there are some pretty significant differences in quality of opponents there. LB has as soft of a schedule as they've had in a while (Cville sucks, and Robinson being there only quality opponent a 21-14 game.) Soco has earned the right to be #1, find some facts and then we can talk.

As far as Westfield goes, it's their fault for getting suspended. Soco won, that is all that matters! And they haven't actually been lighting up the scoreboard this year either, with "all their suspended studs back!" What a joke!!

Posted by: Coach ()
Date: November 05, 2015 09:06AM

McLean is just awful! They can't even field a JV team. New coach is a joke!

Date: November 05, 2015 09:58AM

False points Wrote:
> Lb v soco Wrote:
> -----
> > Really? You are gonna say that south county's
> > schedule is harder because they went up against
> > Westfield? Do you realize that Westfield lost
> > against south county because some Westfield
> > players were suspended (I do not know how many
> but
> > it was a significant number of players) because
> of
> > drug possession or something similar to that.
> This
> > was a big advantage to south county.
> >
> > Point is south county should be ranked high but
> > not higher than ocean lakes. On the other hand,
> > they're rank over lake Braddock will be
> determined
> > this Friday night.
>
>
> Your making points with that you're unsure of.
> Get some legit facts then you can come to the
> table. A win is a win, deal with it!!
>
> Look at Ocean Lakes schedule:
>
> Salem 7-2 (might be good, who knows.)
> First Colonial 4-5 (Yikes!)
> Princess Anna 3-6 (Another quality opponent!)
> Green Run 3-6 (Yet another one!!)
> Kempsville 0-9 (WOW!)
> Kellam 4-5 (And another one!)
> Tallwood 4-7 (Sucks!)
> Bayside 6-3 (might be good, who knows.)
> Cox 6-3 (Again, who knows)
> Landstown 4-5 (Sucks!)
>
> So as you see, there are some quality opponents
> from a birds eye view. To say Ocean Lakes has a
> tough schedule without even looking at their
> opponents is just simple.
>
> You can look at Soco's schedule online and see
> there are some pretty significant differences in
> quality of opponents there. LB has as soft of a
> schedule as they've had in a while (Cville sucks,
> and Robinson being there only quality opponent a
> 21-14 game.) Soco has earned the right to be #1,
> find some facts and then we can talk.
>
> As far as Westfield goes, it's their fault for
> getting suspended. Soco won, that is all that
> matters! And they haven't actually been lighting
> up the scoreboard this year either, with "all
> their suspended studs back!" What a joke!!

70% of Soco and LB schedules are the same.

What this tells me is that the top teams in the state are relatively untested. We could see

Date: November 05, 2015 10:50AM

http://mvp.gamedaymagazine.com/members/media/gameday-roundtable-so-county-or-lake-braddock/

3 out of 4 "experts" are picking South County. I gotta go with LB.

Date: November 05, 2015 11:27AM

GAU Wrote:
> False points Wrote:
> -----
> > Lb v soco Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Really? You are gonna say that south county's
> > > schedule is harder because they went up
> against
> > > Westfield? Do you realize that Westfield lost
> > > against south county because some Westfield
> > > players were suspended (I do not know how
> many
> > but
> > > it was a significant number of players)
> because
> > of
> > > drug possession or something similar to that.
> > This
> > > was a big advantage to south county.
> > >
> > > Point is south county should be ranked high
> but
> > > not higher than ocean lakes. On the other
> hand,
> > > they're rank over lake Braddock will be
> > determined
> > > this Friday night.
> >
> >
> > Your making points with that you're unsure of.
> > Get some legit facts then you can come to the
> > table. A win is a win, deal with it!!
> >
> > Look at Ocean Lakes schedule:
> >
> > Salem 7-2 (might be good, who knows.)
> > First Colonial 4-5 (Yikes!)
> > Princess Anna 3-6 (Another quality opponent!)
> > Green Run 3-6 (Yet another one!!)
> > Kempsville 0-9 (WOW!)
> > Kellam 4-5 (And another one!)
> > Tallwood 4-7 (Sucks!)
> > Bayside 6-3 (might be good, who knows.)
> > Cox 6-3 (Again, who knows)
> > Landstown 4-5 (Sucks!)
> >
> > So as you see, there are some quality opponents
> > from a birds eye view. To say Ocean Lakes has
> a
> > tough schedule without even looking at their
> > opponents is just simple.
> >
> > You can look at Soco's schedule online and see
> > there are some pretty significant differences
> in
> > quality of opponents there. LB has as soft of
> a
> > schedule as they've had in a while (Cville
> sucks,
> > and Robinson being there only quality opponent
> a
> > 21-14 game.) Soco has earned the right to be
> #1,
> > find some facts and then we can talk.
> >
> > As far as Westfield goes, it's their fault for
> > getting suspended. Soco won, that is all that
> > matters! And they haven't actually been
> lighting
> > up the scoreboard this year either, with "all
> > their suspended studs back!" What a joke!!
>
> 70% of Soco and LB schedules are the same.
>
> What this tells me is that the top teams in the
> state are relatively untested. We could see

Meant to say we could see a lower-seeded darkhorse make a run through the region.

Posted by: Who? ()
Date: November 05, 2015 12:27PM

GAU Wrote:
> GAU Wrote:
> -----
> > False points Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Lb v soco Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Really? You are gonna say that south
> county's
> > > > schedule is harder because they went up
> > against
> > > > Westfield? Do you realize that Westfield
> lost
> > > > against south county because some Westfield
> > > > players were suspended (I do not know how
> > many
> > > but
> > > > it was a significant number of players)
> > because
> > > of
> > > > drug possession or something similar to
> that.
> > > This
> > > > was a big advantage to south county.
> > > >
> > > > Point is south county should be ranked high
> > but
> > > > not higher than ocean lakes. On the other
> > hand,
> > > > they're rank over lake Braddock will be
> > > determined
> > > > this Friday night.
> > >
> > >
> > > Your making points with that you're unsure of.
>
> > > Get some legit facts then you can come to the
> > > table. A win is a win, deal with it!!
> > >
> > > Look at Ocean Lakes schedule:
> > >
> > > Salem 7-2 (might be good, who knows.)
> > > First Colonial 4-5 (Yikes!)
> > > Princess Anna 3-6 (Another quality opponent!)
> > > Green Run 3-6 (Yet another one!!)
> > > Kempsville 0-9 (WOW!)
> > > Kellam 4-5 (And another one!)
> > > Tallwood 4-7 (Sucks!)
> > > Bayside 6-3 (might be good, who knows.)
> > > Cox 6-3 (Again, who knows)
> > > Landstown 4-5 (Sucks!)
> > >
> > > So as you see, there are some quality
> opponents
> > > from a birds eye view. To say Ocean Lakes
> has
> > a
> > > tough schedule without even looking at their
> > > opponents is just simple.
> > >
> > > You can look at Soco's schedule online and
> see
> > > there are some pretty significant differences
> > in
> > > quality of opponents there. LB has as soft
> of
> > a
> > > schedule as they've had in a while (Cville
> > sucks,
> > > and Robinson being there only quality
> opponent
> > a
> > > 21-14 game.) Soco has earned the right to be
> > #1,
> > > find some facts and then we can talk.
> > >
> > > As far as Westfield goes, it's their fault
> for
> > > getting suspended. Soco won, that is all
> that
> > > matters! And they haven't actually been
> > lighting
> > > up the scoreboard this year either, with "all
> > > their suspended studs back!" What a joke!!
> >
> > 70% of Soco and LB schedules are the same.
> >
> > What this tells me is that the top teams in the
> > state are relatively untested. We could see
>
>
> Meant to say we could see a lower-seeded darkhorse
> make a run through the region.

Which team or teams could make an unexpected run?

Posted by: Stallion Pride ()
Date: November 05, 2015 12:56PM

As much as I hate to say it the Concorde teams will all be tough outs in the playoffs. Would it surprise anyone to see double digit seeds Chantilly, Centreville, and Oakton beat someone in the 4-8 seed range? I also think Robinson and Westfield will be tough to beat in the playoffs due to their defenses and their difficult regular season schedules. Lake Braddock and South County are the favorites, but the dark horses are in the Concorde and they worry me.

Posted by: Hype ()
Date: November 05, 2015 12:56PM

RydellllRoad Wrote:
> http://mvp.gamedaymagazine.com/members/media/gamed
> ay-roundtable-so-county-or-lake-braddock/
>
> 3 out of 4 "experts" are picking South County. I
> gotta go with LB.

Great piece can't wait for Friday should be a treat for anyone in attendance. Maybe the best hs football game in years.

Posted by: Low seed trouble ()
Date: November 05, 2015 01:47PM

Watched Gameday Centreville vs Chantilly replay last night. Centreville's offensive line just destroyed Chantilly's dline. Runningbacks just got chuncks of yardage. They would be a nightmare draw for a Madison for example.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: November 05, 2015 01:54PM

The best hs football game in years. Where the hell have you been? There have been several great games the last few years in the northern region and last years' state final. On another note....the reason behind ocean lakes softer schedule is that all the good players from the teams they play have transferred to ocean lakes. I don't think any team can compete with them this year.

Posted by: Football2 ()
Date: November 05, 2015 02:10PM

nufan Wrote:
> The best hs football game in years. Where the hell
> have you been? There have been several great
> games the last few years in the northern region
> and last years' state final. On another
> note....the reason behind ocean lakes softer
> schedule is that all the good players from the
> teams they play have transferred to ocean lakes. I
> don't think any team can compete with them this
> year.

Then no one can use schedule as a factor when talking about OL. It's simple, they have great athletes, but have they been hit in the mouth? Cville proved a smaller tougher team could complete with them. I just find it hard to believe OL could compete week to week in the NR. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Robinson ()
Date: November 05, 2015 02:14PM

Stallion Pride Wrote:
> As much as I hate to say it the Concorde teams
> will all be tough outs in the playoffs. Would it
> surprise anyone to see double digit seeds
> Chantilly, Centreville, and Oakton beat someone in
> the 4-8 seed range? I also think Robinson and
> Westfield will be tough to beat in the playoffs
> due to their defenses and their difficult regular
> season schedules. Lake Braddock and South County
> are the favorites, but the dark horses are in the
> Concorde and they worry me.

Definitely could see Robinson making a run, but they would struggle with a team as strong with more athletes. I thing Robinson would struggle with Soco because of their balance in strength and athleticism.

Date: November 05, 2015 03:53PM

Football2 Wrote:
> nufan Wrote:
> -----
> > The best hs football game in years. Where the
> hell
> > have you been? There have been several great
> > games the last few years in the northern region
> > and last years' state final. On another
> > note....the reason behind ocean lakes softer
> > schedule is that all the good players from the
> > teams they play have transferred to ocean lakes.
> I
> > don't think any team can compete with them this
> > year.
>
>
> Then no one can use schedule as a factor when
> talking about OL. It's simple, they have great
> athletes, but have they been hit in the mouth?
> Cville proved a smaller tougher team could
> complete with them. I just find it hard to
> believe OL could compete week to week in the NR.
> Just my opinion.

There certainly is a North-South disparity we could talk about. Think it extends to basketball as well. Sure, a team like Ocean Lakes is playing a wide variety of schools, 4A through 6A, whereas all the schools here are fairly equal. But nevertheless, they still get beat. This tells me the average 5A school down there is better than the average 6A school here.

Some schools have tried to help this by scheduling tough OOC games, like Centreville playing Gonzaga last year, or basketball teams playing out of state (Woodson played O'Connell and a charter school from Philly that was state runner-up).

And it isn't just Ocean Lakes. Colonial Forge has beat some of the best 5A teams in the state, and good 6A teams as well.

It isn't fair to say a team like Ocean Lakes isn't as good because they haven't played the same schools or schools the same size. The only way you can compare is when they play each other, and Ocean Lakes beat Centreville.

Posted by: EXnPu ()
Date: November 05, 2015 04:29PM

GAU Wrote:
> There certainly is a North-South disparity we
> could talk about. Think it extends to basketball
> as well. Sure, a team like Ocean Lakes is playing
> a wide variety of schools, 4A through 6A, whereas
> all the schools here are fairly equal. But
> nevertheless, they still get beat. This tells me
> the average 5A school down there is better than
> the average 6A school here.

What do you base your evidence on that "all the schools here are fairly equal?"

That is total nonsense. And who "still get beat?" Explain how this tells you that the "average 5A school down there is better than the average 6A school here?"

Posted by: Robinson ()
Date: November 05, 2015 04:37PM

might just see how a physical team with better athletes fairs this week against Robinson in the Centreville match-up.

Both teams have strong o lines with Robinson getting the edge on defense. Overall more team speed with cville.

Posted by: Coach Mackey ()
Date: November 05, 2015 05:00PM

Robinson Wrote:
> Stallion Pride Wrote:
> -----
> > As much as I hate to say it the Concorde teams
> > will all be tough outs in the playoffs. Would
> it
> > surprise anyone to see double digit seeds
> > Chantilly, Centreville, and Oakton beat someone
> in
> > the 4-8 seed range? I also think Robinson and
> > Westfield will be tough to beat in the playoffs
> > due to their defenses and their difficult
> regular
> > season schedules. Lake Braddock and South
> County
> > are the favorites, but the dark horses are in
> the
> > Concorde and they worry me.
>
> Definitely could see Robinson making a run, but
> they would struggle with a team as strong with
> more athletes. I thing Robinson would struggle
> with Soco because of their balance in strength and
> athleticism.

Yes but Ocean Lakes heavily recruits. Or did the last few seasons. And that's not all.

Posted by: Coach Mackey ()
Date: November 05, 2015 05:06PM

> It isn't fair to say a team like Ocean Lakes isn't
> as good because they haven't played the same
> schools or schools the same size. The only way you
> can compare is when they play each other, and
> Ocean Lakes beat Centreville.

Yes but Ocean Lakes heavily recruits. Or did the last few seasons. And that's not all.

Date: November 05, 2015 06:03PM

Not sure where all these comparisons are going but some schedules are more difficult than others but that doesn't make that team better than another til they play each other. If you look at the scores, south county and ocean lakes are putting up good numbers. Lake Braddock too. Oscar smith is still undefeated. ocean lakes just gets the finger pointed at them because of current crap going on there. They are expected to win states. Yes the beat centreville last year in overtime and was pushed to the end. Did centreville play a harder schedule? Does it matter? All that matters is who plays in the final game. For 5A, LC bird rules. Is their schedule any different? For 4A there is no schools close to me so I don't follow. JMO.

Date: November 05, 2015 06:20PM

EXnPu Wrote:
> GAU Wrote:
> -----
> > There certainly is a North-South disparity we
> > could talk about. Think it extends to
> basketball
> > as well. Sure, a team like Ocean Lakes is
> playing
> > a wide variety of schools, 4A through 6A,
> whereas
> > all the schools here are fairly equal. But
> > nevertheless, they still get beat. This tells
> me
> > the average 5A school down there is better than
> > the average 6A school here.
>
> What do you base your evidence on that "all the
> schools here are fairly equal?"
>
> That is total nonsense. And who "still get beat?"
> Explain how this tells you that the "average 5A
> school down there is better than the average 6A
> school here?"

Fairly equal in size.

Posted by: LB LB ()
Date: November 05, 2015 10:36PM

LB freshman stomped SOCO may be an early omen for tomorrow night

Posted by: boys of fall ()
Date: November 05, 2015 10:37PM

Date: November 06, 2015 06:12AM

LB LB Wrote:
> LB freshman stomped SOCO may be an early omen for
> tomorrow night

Lol not really. Maybe an omen for two or three years from now.

Posted by: Soco JV ()
Date: November 06, 2015 08:14AM

LB LB Wrote:
> LB freshman stomped SOCO may be an early omen for
> tomorrow night

Soco JV STOMPED LB, now that's the omen.

Posted by: Conf 7 Guy ()
Date: November 06, 2015 12:29PM

Soco JV Wrote:
> LB LB Wrote:
> -----
> > LB freshman stomped SOCO may be an early omen
> for
> > tomorrow night
>
> Soco JV STOMPED LB, now that's the omen.

28-15 = stomped?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Posted by: Who cares!? ()
Date: November 06, 2015 12:36PM

Conf 7 Guy Wrote:
> Soco JV Wrote:
> -----
> > LB LB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > LB freshman stomped SOCO may be an early omen
> > for
> > > tomorrow night
> >
> > Soco JV STOMPED LB, now that's the omen.
>
>
> 28-15 = stomped?
>
> I don't think that word means what you think it
> means.

LB was never in that game their freshman team did dominate but who the hell cares about fresh JV the real game is tonight

Posted by: Suffering fan and parent ()
Date: November 06, 2015 01:14PM

November 6, 2015

MEMORANDUM

TO: Nancy Melnick, Director of Student Activities

RE: Information Technology needs

Before you leave school today, please review the capacity of your email in-box and make certain that your inbox has plenty of capacity to receive new messages. Please also get with your IT department to make certain your email servers are in good working order for an anticipated spike in electronic messaging activity likely to happen over the weekend.

Thank you

Posted by: Oh yes ()
Date: November 06, 2015 01:26PM

Conf 7 Guy Wrote:
> Soco JV Wrote:
> -----
> > LB LB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > LB freshman stomped SOCO may be an early omen
> > for
> > > tomorrow night
> >
> > Soco JV STOMPED LB, now that's the omen.
>
>
> 28-15 = stomped?
>
> I don't think that word means what you think it
> means.

When you know the level of the skill on the field, 28-15 is getting stomped!!

Definition-deliberately trample or tread heavily on. We'll go with the trampled on part!!

Posted by: undefeated ()
Date: November 06, 2015 02:08PM

Whose JV team is undefeated this year?

Date: November 06, 2015 02:35PM

undefeated Wrote:
> Whose JV team is undefeated this year?

West Potomac, Westfield, Battlefield

Posted by: soco guy ()
Date: November 06, 2015 04:40PM

there are some really dumb posts on here. I cannot wait for tonight's game. I think it is a toss up game between Soco/LB and will come down to how many onside kicks pannoni attempts

Posted by: hahahahaha ()
Date: November 06, 2015 04:58PM

soco guy Wrote:
> there are some really dumb posts on here. I cannot
> wait for tonight's game. I think it is a toss up
> game between Soco/LB and will come down to how
> many onside kicks pannoni attempts

LOL... I just don't get it. You give up great field position on 6 KO and maybe get 1 possession advantage/TO per game. Is that really worth it? I don't think so.

Date: November 06, 2015 07:30PM

LB was up 13-0. Now 13-7. 1:39 Q1

Date: November 06, 2015 07:32PM

GAU Wrote:
> LB was up 13-0. Now 13-7. 1:39 Q1

LB runs back kick. 20-7.

Date: November 06, 2015 07:52PM

GAU Wrote:
> GAU Wrote:
> -----
> > LB was up 13-0. Now 13-7. 1:39 Q1
>
>
> LB runs back kick. 20-7.

LB is pulling away. 27-7

Posted by: SOCO was Posing ()
Date: November 06, 2015 08:05PM

SOCO? Better say Uh oh!

LB is playing ball, what is SOCO doing? Same thing they always do - LOSE!

Date: November 06, 2015 08:12PM

GAU Wrote:
> GAU Wrote:
> -----
> > GAU Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > LB was up 13-0. Now 13-7. 1:39 Q1
> >
> >
> > LB runs back kick. 20-7.
>
>
> LB is pulling away. 27-7

Halftime
LB 27
Soco 14

Posted by: Magnus Magnusson ()
Date: November 06, 2015 09:29PM

Robinson 28 Centreville 7

Posted by: LB/SoCo ()
Date: November 06, 2015 09:33PM

LB-27 SoCo-27, 10:43 4th Qtr.

Posted by: soco ()
Date: November 06, 2015 09:46PM

Soco wins 33-30 in OT

Posted by: SOCO BRUV ()
Date: November 06, 2015 09:49PM

SOCO WON YOU BITCH ASS NIGGAS FUCK OUTTA HERE SAYING THEYRE PRETENDERS!!! THEYRE THE REAL DEAL AND THE BEST TEAM IN THE NORTH

Posted by: Damage ()
Date: November 06, 2015 09:53PM

Madison 53 Hayfield 20 bitches. Madison could beat the New England Patriots 8 out of 10 times.

Posted by: nty888 ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:09PM

Who you calling nigger, you fucking nigger ass monkey!

Posted by: Stallion ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:11PM

What a game! Two evenly matched teams worked and played their butts off. Congrats to both DO CO and LB.

Posted by: Dice Clay ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:29PM

Madison loses first Round....hickory Dickory Dock, little boy blew because he needed the money.....

Posted by: L.... b ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:30PM

LLLLLLL

Posted by: SOCO Bruva ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:32PM

Your ignorant blathering simply typifies the mindset and mentality of Soco, win something before you go on your rant you POS!

Posted by: Tilly Titans ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:33PM

The ONE team that LB does not want to see is Westfield. They got abused last year in the playoff game and they cant shake the BULLDOGS.

How can SC have 5 turn overs in the first half of a game and still win??

Crazy year and more to come....

Date: November 06, 2015 10:50PM

Among the bubble teams that were previously in, Centreville, Washington-Lee, Chantilly, and Annandale are all in (right now 12-15).

If Woodson wins tomorrow, they will take #15 and Annandale will fall to #16.
If Woodson loses, they will drop out and Patriot will take #16 despite losing to Battlefield.

A Woodson win would also flip W-L and Chantilly because of Chantilly's victory over Woodson.

Date: November 06, 2015 10:54PM

GAU Wrote:
> Among the bubble teams that were previously in,
> Centreville, Washington-Lee, Chantilly, and
> Annandale are all in (right now 12-15).
>
> If Woodson wins tomorrow, they will take #15 and
> Annandale will fall to #16.
> If Woodson loses, they will drop out and Patriot
> will take #16 despite losing to Battlefield.
>
> A Woodson win would also flip W-L and Chantilly
> because of Chantilly's victory over Woodson.

I think the top four teams remained in the same order. That means if TC wins tomorrow, eliminating Woodson, Madison draws W-L in the first round. That's better for them than drawing Chantilly.

Date: November 06, 2015 11:01PM

I think Cville and Robinson play again next weekend.

Pages: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122All...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.