HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819All...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: Read the post ()
Date: October 14, 2015 03:25PM

Stop being so butt hurt because the Concorde can't compare this year

Seriously doubt the poster is a Concorde fan, by the way it's Conference 5 now.

Read the post, info like that is from someone close to the team, the kids father who got beat up, or a fan.

I follow high school football and had not heard of this so obviously it's someone in the know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Conf 7 Guy ()
Date: October 14, 2015 03:48PM

Read the post Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stop being so butt hurt because the Concorde can't
> compare this year
>
> __________________________________________________
> ____________
>
> Seriously doubt the poster is a Concorde fan, by
> the way it's Conference 5 now.
>
> Read the post, info like that is from someone
> close to the team, the kids father who got beat
> up, or a fan.
>
> I follow high school football and had not heard of
> this so obviously it's someone in the know.

and nowhere in that post was skin color referenced.

Posted by: VmCp3 ()
Date: October 14, 2015 03:53PM

Posted by: Bane ()
Date: October 14, 2015 05:22PM

We handle our Discipline in-house, some times you gotta beat a mofo with a mofo to gets your respect, coach Baloney slapped some Cold meat on it to stop the swelling...you will know who we are come Friday when Baloney throws us some more meat!

Posted by: Bane ()
Date: October 14, 2015 09:58PM

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan to shoot our nuts up with roids so we can rage against week opponent on Friday night.

Posted by: Cats Meow ()
Date: October 14, 2015 10:03PM

What we need is Murans take on the Situation, rumor has it he was on the field polishing the Stallions and collecting Cats for this weeks buffet...spill the Beans Muran was it the chubby kicker, kicking deep that started the fight....?

Posted by: Chubby SoCo Kicker ()
Date: October 14, 2015 10:12PM

I only sit in the corner of the field and practice my 10 yard onside kicks the whole time in order to give our opponents good field position at the 50 yard line.

Posted by: Where's that Muran guy? ()
Date: October 15, 2015 08:17AM

Muran...

Posted by: He is here ()
Date: October 15, 2015 08:45AM

Just one of you guys making up a dual personality because has no life

Posted by: 13 ()
Date: October 15, 2015 08:50AM

He is here Wrote:
> Just one of you guys making up a dual personality
> because has no life

Your mom has a dual personality!!

Posted by: suran ()
Date: October 15, 2015 02:00PM

my mane is Suran, I am the brotha of Muran, I am not as retarded as my brotha, can I tawk foosball two?

Posted by: zuran ()
Date: October 15, 2015 02:04PM

my nam is zuran, I am the boyz sitsar. I am bettu lookin butz I knows foosball toose. xxxxoooo

Posted by: The Twins ()
Date: October 15, 2015 02:12PM

SURAN and ZURAN you are welcome to talk whatever you want on this site just as long as you two promise to throw another KEG party before the Play-Offs Start, So we wont have to listen to the SOCO FOLKS CRY When they Lose to LB or WHS...possible Locations, anywhere on Rolling Road or Stonecroft Blvd.

Posted by: curan ()
Date: October 15, 2015 02:27PM

IM momma and I nowant my kidz tawking on dis turible site - bunche of meenies

Posted by: muran' ()
Date: October 15, 2015 03:33PM

youse a bunzh of cheataz and impostas....i get you i get yu

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 15, 2015 07:32PM

Hype or Legit analysis?

Tyler Scanlon may be becoming a BETTER football player than he is a basketball player...

http://mvp.gamedaymagazine.com/members/media/3-things-to-know10-12-2015/

I think they may be on to something. How far would he go if football was his main focus i/o BB?

Posted by: Double Dribble ()
Date: October 15, 2015 08:33PM

Westfield has had a long list of workman type Quarterbacks who's job is to feed the Talent and not make mistakes...Scanlon has done a very good job of navigating the waters through the Struggles so far this year...he will guide his team to post season play, where his greatest contribution(s) may come catching the Ball...Westfield has the good fortune of utilizing the Regular season to set their Play off Roster...many young men have yet to find their calling..

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: October 16, 2015 07:50AM

Westfield has had a long list of workman type Quarterbacks who's job is to feed the Talent and not make mistakes...Scanlon has done a very good job of navigating the waters through the Struggles so far this year...he will guide his team to post season play, where his greatest contribution(s) may come catching the Ball...Westfield has the good fortune of utilizing the Regular season to set their Play off Roster...many young men have yet to find their calling..

So true, Westfield has certainly benefited from playing a number of kids this year due to the well documented issues they've had. They always seem to plug players in whenever they need to and not miss much if any. Though I read on VA Preps the other day that the defensive captain was done for the year, I assume they meant Clancy. If so that's a big loss, fortunately defense has been their strength so they should hopefully be okay.

Westfield should be set for a good postseason run but still have some tough regular season games. Regardless of how well their playing or who's now back in uniform 3 of the 4 remaining games will be a test only because there against conference rivals. Hopefully Westfield can stay healthy and out of trouble for the remainder of the season. If so, they should do well.

Posted by: two things ()
Date: October 16, 2015 01:09PM

Bulldogs are known for two things - dixie cupping and losing when it really counts the last ten years.....

Posted by: one thing more ()
Date: October 16, 2015 02:42PM

also known for ugly chicks

Posted by: DUFFY <this is my spam code!!!! ()
Date: October 16, 2015 02:56PM

one thing more Wrote:
> also known for ugly chicks

^ this is true. Their cheerleaders are either fat ugly pigs, fat ugly nigs or boobless barbies. It's really gone downhill since I went there. Damn!

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: October 16, 2015 08:36PM

I think tonight is Robinson's Homecoming game.

Posted by: whatutalkingaboutwillis ()
Date: October 16, 2015 09:07PM

Ludwig Wrote:
> I think tonight is Robinson's Homecoming game.

No it was not the homecoming game. That was three weeks ago.

Robinson did lose to Westfield 3-0

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: October 16, 2015 09:25PM

whatutalkingaboutwillis Wrote:
> Ludwig Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think tonight is Robinson's Homecoming game.
>
>
> No it was not the homecoming game. That was three
> weeks ago.
>
> Robinson did lose to Westfield 3-0

ok

Posted by: Close one ()
Date: October 16, 2015 10:59PM

Although Robinson lost to Westfield 3-0, the game was completely the other way around. Robinson had the ball in scoring position 3 times but killed themselves with penalties and mistakes. Westfield is good, but Robinson is just as good if not better. There is a definite dark horse this year and it's Robinson. They play amazing defense and are tough as hell. Can't wait to see them make a play off run - if these two teams play again, Robinson will will 14-0.

Date: October 16, 2015 11:16PM

Ah, yes, very evenly matched teams no doubt. I'm sure Westfield fans are wondering how Robinson has 3 losses and Robinson fans are wondering how Westfield has 6 wins.

No one will want to face Robinson in the playoffs. That is one heck of a defense.

But I wouldn't be so sure Robinson gets past Westfield in a re-match. Westfield had a couple of turnovers in the red zone and pretty much shut down their offense after they took the 3-0 lead. Despite great field position Robinson did not even sniff FG territory on their final two possessions.

Posted by: You're an idiot ()
Date: October 16, 2015 11:20PM

Although Robinson lost to Westfield 3-0, the game was completely the other way around. Robinson had the ball in scoring position 3 times but killed themselves with penalties and mistakes. Westfield is good, but Robinson is just as good if not better. There is a definite dark horse this year and it's Robinson. They play amazing defense and are tough as hell. Can't wait to see them make a play off run - if these two teams play again, Robinson will will 14-0.

----------------------------------------------

You're kidding, right? Robinson was only kept in the game due to the continued ineptitude of the Westfield signal callers. A week after finally opening the offense against Briar Woods Westfield didn't take advantage of Robinson's undersized defense.

When your recievers are as tall as Westfields and you're facing single coverage with small DB's you air it out. Didn't happen, Westfield went back to being predictable. Robinson blitzed on most downs, Westfield should have made them pay.

You want to talk about blown opportunities, first and goal inside the 5 and Westfield fumbles. First drive Westfield throws an interception in the end zone. Robinson was very fortunate that Westfield allowed them to hang around.

Robinson cannot throw the ball, basically one dimensional, good luck with that offense in the post season. Westfields defense has now only allowed 50 points in 7 games. The 6 T.C Williams scored was on an INT return for a TD.

These two teams play again it Westfield wins. Robinson better than Westfield, that's pretty funny.

Posted by: Sleep ()
Date: October 16, 2015 11:30PM

One thing can be sure - Westfield is not the "contender" they claim
To be. I wouldn't count Robinson out just yet.. Westfield shot themselves in the foot but so did Robinson, 2 touchdowns given up by stupid mistakes infact.

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: October 17, 2015 02:50AM

Annandale @ West Potomac (-7.0)
*West Potomac won 54-30.

Broad Run (-7.5) @ Stone Bridge
*Stone Bridge won 27-13. The Bulldogs have to be one of the most up and down teams in the region. There downs are not bad performances though, and this team can beat just about anyone on a good night. As with a lot of the teams in the Loudoun-Fairfax showdowns this year, this is the toughest schedule Stone Bridge has ever had. They are no longer in the cupcake former Liberty and are now playing great teams each and every week. Stone Bridge has a great shot at winning the 5A Northern Region, as does Broad Run who shot themselves in the foot not capitalizing on 3 possessions inside the red zone.

Fairfax @ Washington-Lee (-14.0)
*Washington-Lee won 35-14.

Herndon @ Centreville (-28.0)
*Centreville won 38-20. The 18 point win could be considered another poor performance. After all Herndon was the same team that trailed Chantilly 42-0 after the first quarter. Interestingly Centreville finishes with the top 3 Concorde teams on their schedule: Westfield, Robinson, Chantilly, and we’ll see how it plays out but I think they are underdogs in all 3. While they graduated so much talent, it’s hard to watch a perennial 10+ win team drop so far in one year and I didn’t see it happening.

Jefferson @ Falls Church (-14.0)
*Falls Church won 70-7.

Langley @ Hayfield (-10.0)
*Hayfield won 39-21.

Lee @ Marshall (-15.0)
*Marshall won 49-6. Marshall with their second blow out win and TJ and Stuart still on the schedule which will likely be uglier spreads, good for them. The regular season conference championship is on the line next Friday when they travel to Wakefield.

Mount Vernon @ South County (-42.0)
*South County won 55-6.

Oakton (-3.0) @ Chantilly
*Chantilly turns in their best performance of the year winning 28-6. The Chargers are a dangerous group who have only lost to Robinson and Stone Bridge in close games. Chantilly will be a scary matchup for any 6A school in the playoffs and are capable of making a run of their own.

Potomac Falls (-6.0) @ Briar Woods
*Potomac Falls won 17-0

South Lakes @ Madison (-1.0)
*Madison won 38-6. To your guys credit, many said my spread was too close here. I am surprised though, at the way Madison dominated South Lakes.

TC Williams @ West Springfield (-21.0)
*West Springfield won 14-12. West Springfield is definitely inconsistent this season.

Tuscarora (40.0) @ Edison
*Tuscarora won 34-6.

Woodson @ Lake Braddock (-28.0)
*Lake Braddock won 61-0.

Wakefield (-25.0) @ Stuart
*Wakefield won 49-0.

Westfield (-10.0) @ Robinson
*Westfield won 3-0. I actually agree with “you’re kidding” here on this one. The way to beat Robinson is through the air and with Westfield’s size at receiver they needed to throw it more. Westfield was stubborn trying to run the ball and Robinson has a great run stopping defense and defensive line that gets after the QB every play. I also agree that while Robinson probably did get more yards in the game, it’s incredibly hard to win in the playoffs running the ball every time as Robinson does. Westfield at the very least can clearly contain it as did Lake Braddock who led 21-0 late in the 4th quarter against Robinson. That being said Robinson is very strong, take nothing away from them, and the posters above are right that they are a contender. Despite my doubts there is something to be said about controlling tempo and Robinson has shown they can stay in games and beat great teams. I was shocked by the 3-0 score. In high school football I cannot recall many games where you do not see multiple touchdowns and with the talent both of these offenses have, it is a real testament to the defenses last night.

Yorktown (-21.0) @ McLean
*Yorktown won 21-20. I am convinced McLean has gotten better over the course of the season.

Date: October 17, 2015 09:36AM

There is a lot of football to be played yet but the final weekend of the season is shaping up to have a few conference championships on the line. We could very well see a decisive match-up in the final game for:

Patriot Conference 7: 9-0 South County vs. 9-0 Lake Braddock
Concorde Conference 5: 7-2 Chantilly vs. 8-1 Westfield
Liberty Conference 6: 8-1 Madison vs 7-2 Hayfield

Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: October 17, 2015 10:18AM

Great week of football...

Stone Bridge pulled off the minor upset and proves that nobody is safe in Loudoun.

Pot Falls with the shutout of Briar Woods. Hard to imagine that just a few years ago, Briar Woods was winning their 3rd straight State title while Potomac Falls was struggling to win 3 or 4 games.

Marshall closing in on a conference title??? When was the last time you heard that? Unfortunate for them, I think Wakefield will have something to say about that.

If Robinson had any type of pass game, they would be dangerous. Their lack of versatility will cost them down the stretch.

My two dark horses going into the season were Chantilly and Madison. Chantilly is a real threat to anyone in the region. Kudos to Lalli! It seems that he's on the hot seat every year.

Madison exposes South Lakes a bit... Don't get me wrong, the Seahawks are much improved but they benefited from a cake schedule in the front half. Madison looks to have a clear path to the conference championship unless Hayfield can ruin those plans.

Hayfield has the firepower to compete with Madison and that could be a huge game going down the stretch. Hayfield thoroughly handled a Langley team that gave Madison all kinds of fits.

Lake Braddock will go 10-0. I think there just a tad bit better than South County. West Springfield and West Potomac just haven't been consistent enough this year.

With a new principal and a new AD look for Mount Vernon take make some changes to their football program after this season.

Posted by: Magic 8-ball ()
Date: October 17, 2015 10:40AM

Sometimes you have to win Ugly in spite of your teams Horrendous play calling...

Posted by: Get over it ()
Date: October 17, 2015 10:54AM

Sleep Wrote:
> One thing can be sure - Westfield is not the
> "contender" they claim
> To be. I wouldn't count Robinson out just yet..
> Westfield shot themselves in the foot but so did
> Robinson, 2 touchdowns given up by stupid mistakes
> infact.

Westfield is not claiming to be a contender...It's people posting anonymously on this board claiming WF is a contender. And to their credit, WF IS a contender if you've paid attention to any HS football this year.

Sorry to hear your Wildcats aren't doing so hot this year...

Posted by: footballhistorian ()
Date: October 17, 2015 12:43PM

That was the lowest combined scoring game in Westfield history. But a win is a win.

Posted by: football observer ()
Date: October 17, 2015 01:49PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Annandale @ West Potomac (-7.0)
> *West Potomac won 54-30.

Your spread was actually pretty accurate in terms of the competitiveness of the game, but West Po scored three touchdowns in the last six minutes to rack up a big margin of victory. Annandale is one of those teams that does quasi-onside kickoffs that work twice a season and give the other team great field position the other fifty times, it is my least favorite trend in high school football.

> Jefferson @ Falls Church (-14.0)
> *Falls Church won 70-7.

2015 TJ versus 2012 Wakefield, who wins?

> Yorktown (-21.0) @ McLean
> *Yorktown won 21-20. I am convinced McLean has
> gotten better over the course of the season.

They had a tough schedule their first six games. Yorktown is down this season.

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: October 17, 2015 03:12PM

Coach Simmons discusses the Robinson game at 9:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp-w8MW7cRA

Posted by: Rolling road ()
Date: October 17, 2015 04:53PM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> There is a lot of football to be played yet but
> the final weekend of the season is shaping up to
> have a few conference championships on the line.
> We could very well see a decisive match-up in the
> final game for:
>
> Patriot Conference 7: 9-0 South County
> vs. 9-0 Lake Braddock
> Concorde Conference 5: 7-2 Chantilly vs.
> 8-1 Westfield
> Liberty Conference 6: 8-1 Madison vs
> 7-2 Hayfield

West Springfield will beat LB decisively.

Posted by: Rocky Road ()
Date: October 17, 2015 07:28PM

I like my ice cream that way

Posted by: VAHSSports ()
Date: October 18, 2015 01:35AM

Westfield Defense is very solid, never been a secret. But did you guys see what That Chantilly defense did to that Oakton offense? Oakton never had anything going Offensively all night. Chantilly Front 7 lead by Hozey Haji-Badri (D1 football player) and Chris Eastman is very dangerous. Here comes Chantilly...

Posted by: CPeHP ()
Date: October 18, 2015 01:48AM

VAHSSports Wrote:
> Westfield Defense is very solid, never been a
> secret. But did you guys see what That Chantilly
> defense did to that Oakton offense? Oakton never
> had anything going Offensively all night.
> Chantilly Front 7 lead by Hozey Haji-Badri (D1
> football player) and Chris Eastman is very
> dangerous. Here comes Chantilly...

up at 2am talking about young boys? pedo much?

Posted by: calpreps ()
Date: October 18, 2015 01:41PM

I was taking a look at calpreps Top 100 high school football teams in the US. According to their ranking system the top 100 come from the below states:

TX – 17
CA –13
OH – 10
FL – 8
IN – 6
GA – 4
AR – 4
AZ – 4
AL – 3
NJ – 3
SC – 3
TN – 3
DC – 2
IL – 2
KY – 2
MD – 2
MO – 2
MS – 2
OK – 2
WA – 2
CO, LA, MI, NV, UT, VA – 1

I find their ranking system curious because there is no possible way there can be 10 teams from OH before there is one from PA. That's absurd. TX, CA, FL only make sense, but is football in IN really that good?

Posted by: HS Football Fan ()
Date: October 18, 2015 06:03PM

My son plays for Centreville, but we are moving to Loudoun next year (for many reasons, please don't bash me here!)
I want to spend some time on the Loudoun schools not only because my son will be attending one of them next year, but because they top Loudoun schools will all be playing the same schedule next year, so these great match-ups that we have been seeing will take place again next year.
Yes, we all know by now that Centreville is not very good this year, but the teams from Loudoun have been very, very impressive, even though everyone that I have talked to from Loudoun tells me over and over that the top 4 teams in Loudoun are all down compared to year's past. I saw Tuscarora and have to agree, even though the will finish another regular season undefeated if they can get past Stone Bridge (no small task!). Broad Run looks better and ran into a big and strong rival that outmuscled them. Went to the Broad Run-Stone Bridge game to get a flavor of those schools as I incorrectly assumed that Centreville would blow out Herndon! Broad Run got whipped up pretty good, but did move the ball three times inside the SB 15 and came away empty. They are very fast and very athletic, however, and are loaded with juniors at key spots. BR also lost their top two players for most of the game. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but these are clearly two of the top d5 teams in the state.Jason Hatcher's kid is also going to be a damn good player if he returns there next year. Stone Bridge has this Old Dominion commit who is like 320 pounds and athletic. They will be tough to spot, as Chantilly found out. I was told that they were tied with Westfield twhen SB QB went down (coach's kid, great player).
Now, Briar Woods. That is another story. Was consideirng that school, but a lot has gone on there over the past couple of seasons. They might finish 2-8 and incredibly not make the playoffs. This despite good chances to beat Tuscarora, Broad Run, West Potomac. Sometimes close games go against you early, and it just sort of steamrolls you all season.
Anyway, if anyone has information on these schools, as well as Woodgrove and Champe (two threats to win D4 states), please share them with me. I would love to get some skinny on these schools. Bad news for those Arlington and fairfax schools that draw these teams again next year!

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: October 18, 2015 07:15PM

Nearly all of the OH top 10 are Catholics. They've all been powers forever. It's nearly the same list it was 40 years ago when I was a kid.

And, to make things truly ridiculous, the Catholics are mixed in with the publics for States.

calpreps Wrote:
> I was taking a look at calpreps Top 100 high
> school football teams in the US. According to
> their ranking system the top 100 come from the
> below states:
>
> TX – 17
> CA –13
> OH – 10
> FL – 8
> IN – 6
> GA – 4
> AR – 4
> AZ – 4
> AL – 3
> NJ – 3
> SC – 3
> TN – 3
> DC – 2
> IL – 2
> KY – 2
> MD – 2
> MO – 2
> MS – 2
> OK – 2
> WA – 2
> CO, LA, MI, NV, UT, VA – 1
>
> I find their ranking system curious because there
> is no possible way there can be 10 teams from OH
> before there is one from PA. That's absurd. TX,
> CA, FL only make sense, but is football in IN
> really that good?

Posted by: Kreskin ()
Date: October 18, 2015 09:12PM

My son plays for Centreville, but we are moving to Loudoun next year (for many reasons, please don't bash me here!)
I want to spend some time on the Loudoun schools not only because my son will be attending one of them next year, but because they top Loudoun schools will all be playing the same schedule next year, so these great match-ups that we have been seeing will take place again next year.
Yes, we all know by now that Centreville is not very good this year, but the teams from Loudoun have been very, very impressive, even though everyone that I have talked to from Loudoun tells me over and over that the top 4 teams in Loudoun are all down compared to year's past. I saw Tuscarora and have to agree, even though the will finish another regular season undefeated if they can get past Stone Bridge (no small task!). Broad Run looks better and ran into a big and strong rival that outmuscled them. Went to the Broad Run-Stone Bridge game to get a flavor of those schools as I incorrectly assumed that Centreville would blow out Herndon! Broad Run got whipped up pretty good, but did move the ball three times inside the SB 15 and came away empty. They are very fast and very athletic, however, and are loaded with juniors at key spots. BR also lost their top two players for most of the game. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but these are clearly two of the top d5 teams in the state.Jason Hatcher's kid is also going to be a damn good player if he returns there next year. Stone Bridge has this Old Dominion commit who is like 320 pounds and athletic. They will be tough to spot, as Chantilly found out. I was told that they were tied with Westfield twhen SB QB went down (coach's kid, great player).
Now, Briar Woods. That is another story. Was consideirng that school, but a lot has gone on there over the past couple of seasons. They might finish 2-8 and incredibly not make the playoffs. This despite good chances to beat Tuscarora, Broad Run, West Potomac. Sometimes close games go against you early, and it just sort of steamrolls you all season.
Anyway, if anyone has information on these schools, as well as Woodgrove and Champe (two threats to win D4 states), please share them with me. I would love to get some skinny on these schools. Bad news for those Arlington and fairfax schools that draw these teams again next year!

-----------------------------------------------------------

So who is your kid....after all that you have to tell.

Posted by: easy to leave ()
Date: October 18, 2015 09:33PM

Always easy to leave when things go bad and get tough for a year

Posted by: calpreps ()
Date: October 18, 2015 10:12PM

WestfieldDad Wrote:

> And, to make things truly ridiculous, the
> Catholics are mixed in with the publics for
> States.

Same deal in PA. I'm just saying even so that can't be right.

Posted by: Coach K ()
Date: October 18, 2015 11:04PM

WestfieldDad Wrote:
> Nearly all of the OH top 10 are Catholics.
> They've all been powers forever. It's nearly the
> same list it was 40 years ago when I was a kid.
>
> And, to make things truly ridiculous, the
> Catholics are mixed in with the publics for
> States.
>
>

That will happen in VA soon enough now that private schools that recruit can join the VHSL. VA's public schools will be at a distinct disadvantage as more and more privates join.

Posted by: Separation of Church and State ()
Date: October 19, 2015 09:09AM

Coach K Wrote:
> WestfieldDad Wrote:
> -----
> > Nearly all of the OH top 10 are Catholics.
> > They've all been powers forever. It's nearly
> the
> > same list it was 40 years ago when I was a kid.
> >
> > And, to make things truly ridiculous, the
> > Catholics are mixed in with the publics for
> > States.
> >
> >
>
> That will happen in VA soon enough now that
> private schools that recruit can join the VHSL.
> VA's public schools will be at a distinct
> disadvantage as more and more privates join.

It doesn't have to be that way. Texas has never co-mingled privates and publics. Seems to be a push by the school voucher crowd to have them play each other.

Posted by: NR football fan ()
Date: October 19, 2015 09:57AM

Updated 6A North Standings:

6A North
South County (227) 32.43
Lake Braddock (223) 31.86
Westfield (211) 30.14
Madison (205) 29.29
West Springfield (197) 28.14
Battlefield (223) 27.88
Robinson (189) 27.00
South Lakes (188) 26.86
West Potomac (188) 26.86
----------------
Hayfield (185) 26.43
Chantilly (180) 25.71
Oakton (178) 25.43
Centreville (170) 24.29
Annandale (167) 23.86
Yorktown (166) 23.71
Washington-Lee (157) 22.43
=================
T.C. Williams (153) 21.86
Osbourn (173) 21.63
Patriot (147) 21.00
Herndon (147) 21.00
Mount Vernon (144) 20.57
W.T. Woodson (144) 20.57
Langley (140) 20.00
Fairfax (130) 18.57
McLean (128) 18.29
Osbourn Park (126) 18.00
Stonewall Jackson (143) 17.88

Teams above the double line would be in, if the season ended today. Teams above the single line get the first round home game.

Posted by: SC LB ()
Date: October 19, 2015 12:26PM

NR football fan Wrote:
> Updated 6A North Standings:
>
> 6A North
> South County (227) 32.43
> Lake Braddock (223) 31.86
> Westfield (211) 30.14
> Madison (205) 29.29
> West Springfield (197) 28.14
> Battlefield (223) 27.88
> Robinson (189) 27.00
> South Lakes (188) 26.86
> West Potomac (188) 26.86
> ----------------
> Hayfield (185) 26.43
> Chantilly (180) 25.71
> Oakton (178) 25.43
> Centreville (170) 24.29
> Annandale (167) 23.86
> Yorktown (166) 23.71
> Washington-Lee (157) 22.43
> =================
> T.C. Williams (153) 21.86
> Osbourn (173) 21.63
> Patriot (147) 21.00
> Herndon (147) 21.00
> Mount Vernon (144) 20.57
> W.T. Woodson (144) 20.57
> Langley (140) 20.00
> Fairfax (130) 18.57
> McLean (128) 18.29
> Osbourn Park (126) 18.00
> Stonewall Jackson (143) 17.88
>
> Teams above the double line would be in, if the
> season ended today. Teams above the single line
> get the first round home game.

There are a number of good teams on this list. Looks the the Soco vs. LB game week ten is going to be for all the marbles for the #1 spot!! Looked at both schedules, and they look to both be 9-0 going into that game.

What are everyone's thoughts on this game? Try to keep the bashing of both teams to a minimum at the start if you can!!

Posted by: Concorde Fan ()
Date: October 19, 2015 12:48PM

Lake Braddock has South County's number for some reason. LB will win in the regular season, but both schools will lose to someone else in the region playoffs. They just don't improve as the season goes like some of the other contenders.

Posted by: Winter is coming ()
Date: October 19, 2015 12:58PM

Concorde Fan Wrote:
> Lake Braddock has South County's number for some
> reason. LB will win in the regular season, but
> both schools will lose to someone else in the
> region playoffs. They just don't improve as the
> season goes like some of the other contenders.

It will be interesting. SC is bad in pass defense rendering 62 points to LB last year mostly through the air and WS scored 6 TD's through the air when they played this season. However LB has been heavy run formation team this season which benefits SC. We'll see if LB gets by WS. They struggled with them both times last year and both teams seem to be returning a lot of starters. Remaining games should be interesting. With WEstfields defense I would consider them slight favs.

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: October 19, 2015 12:59PM

Have to give a slight edge to LB. Their offense is nearly as high scoring as SoCo (LB 40.1 pts/game vs. SoCo 45.6 pts/game). But their defense has been way better (LB 7.7 pts/game vs. SoCo 18.7 pts/game). In fact, Lake Braddock has allowed fewer points so far this season than Westfield.

Date: October 19, 2015 01:09PM

While speculation on the top spot is fun, I think speculating on the bubble teams is more interesting

Look at Yorktown and WL, currently occupying the 15 and 16 slots. They play each other in three weeks in a game that is likely loser go home. This week, Yorktown has a tough assignment against Hayfield, and WL is facing an improving McLean.

The situation in PWC is also interesting. It hasn't gotten much coverage, but the five conference 8 teams were only 7-23 outside of conference play, with Battlefield being clearly the strongest. Now that they are playing each other, they are starting to get some wins. The winner of Patriot and Osbourn could find themselves in the playoffs.

Finally, look at Centreville. They are currently at #13, with Westfield, Chantilly, and Robinson left. Is the unthinkable possible, that they would miss the playoffs altogether?

Posted by: Interesting ()
Date: October 19, 2015 02:11PM

NR football fan Wrote:
> While speculation on the top spot is fun, I think
> speculating on the bubble teams is more
> interesting
>
> Look at Yorktown and WL, currently occupying the
> 15 and 16 slots. They play each other in three
> weeks in a game that is likely loser go home.
> This week, Yorktown has a tough assignment against
> Hayfield, and WL is facing an improving McLean.
>
> The situation in PWC is also interesting. It
> hasn't gotten much coverage, but the five
> conference 8 teams were only 7-23 outside of
> conference play, with Battlefield being clearly
> the strongest. Now that they are playing each
> other, they are starting to get some wins. The
> winner of Patriot and Osbourn could find
> themselves in the playoffs.
>
> Finally, look at Centreville. They are currently
> at #13, with Westfield, Chantilly, and Robinson
> left. Is the unthinkable possible, that they
> would miss the playoffs altogether?

I find your perspective interesting. However, I don't think Centreville has the man power to make the playoffs this year. Westfield and Robinson have the defenses to make it far, but their predictable offenses will cost them in the long run. I don't think any PWC schools have the talent to make it deep into the playoffs, they just don't compete with the top NR teams.

A team like WS could be a surprise if they compete or even beat LB this week, but they are so dependent on their QB if he were to go down, they would be in some serious trouble. I've watched both Soco and LB, and the talent Soco has out matches the talent LB has. Also, have to keep in mind that Soco has had their starting QB only three games this year, that impresses me from a fan perspective.

Posted by: SCRABBLE ()
Date: October 19, 2015 02:33PM

The Pairings will be interesting, Robinson stays at a #5 or #6 seed and unless the #1 seed gets knocked off early, they will pull Robinson week 2 or 3 of Paly-offs and that spells Trouble. Chantilly, still has one of the most Dynamic offenses in the Mix and they are clearly capable of knocking off a 4-8 seed if they stay in the bottom half. Hard to look at the South lakes, Madisons, and believe that they stay in the top #8, if they do, lower seeds move to the next week. Battlefield will fall first round, look for Centreville to lose 2 of next 3 and NOT make play-offs, although a #16 seed would provide for an interesting first round game for Someone. Look for T.C. to move up Yorktown, W&L and Centreville to fight for #16.

Date: October 19, 2015 03:06PM

SCRABBLE Wrote:
> The Pairings will be interesting, Robinson stays
> at a #5 or #6 seed and unless the #1 seed gets
> knocked off early, they will pull Robinson week 2
> or 3 of Paly-offs and that spells Trouble.
> Chantilly, still has one of the most Dynamic
> offenses in the Mix and they are clearly capable
> of knocking off a 4-8 seed if they stay in the
> bottom half. Hard to look at the South lakes,
> Madisons, and believe that they stay in the top
> #8, if they do, lower seeds move to the next week.
> Battlefield will fall first round, look for
> Centreville to lose 2 of next 3 and NOT make
> play-offs, although a #16 seed would provide for
> an interesting first round game for Someone. Look
> for T.C. to move up Yorktown, W&L and Centreville
> to fight for #16.

I can see Madison staying in the top 8. They have Fairfax, WL, and Hayfield, and only Hayfield would be a tough game (and they get Hayfield at home). South Lakes is home v. Langley, @ Hayfield, and home v. Fairfax. The Langley game isn't a gimme for them, because I think Langley is better than their record indicates.

TCW closes out the season home v. Woodson. Prior to that, they are home v. West Potomac, and @ Annandale. I'd think they would be favored against Woodson, but underdogs to West Po and Annandale.

Posted by: Who? ()
Date: October 19, 2015 06:50PM

SCRABBLE Wrote:
> The Pairings will be interesting, Robinson stays
> at a #5 or #6 seed and unless the #1 seed gets
> knocked off early, they will pull Robinson week 2
> or 3 of Paly-offs and that spells Trouble.
> Chantilly, still has one of the most Dynamic
> offenses in the Mix and they are clearly capable
> of knocking off a 4-8 seed if they stay in the
> bottom half. Hard to look at the South lakes,
> Madisons, and believe that they stay in the top
> #8, if they do, lower seeds move to the next week.
> Battlefield will fall first round, look for
> Centreville to lose 2 of next 3 and NOT make
> play-offs, although a #16 seed would provide for
> an interesting first round game for Someone. Look
> for T.C. to move up Yorktown, W&L and Centreville
> to fight for #16.

Sorry I'm not completely understanding.. Are you saying that it would spell trouble for Robinson? Or that Robinson may give some trouble week 2-3 in the playoffs to a high seed.

Posted by: Scrabble yahtzee ()
Date: October 19, 2015 09:30PM

I am saying Robinson will be an issue for other teams.

Posted by: Hmmmm ()
Date: October 20, 2015 02:58AM

Cville probably loses out and finishes 3-7. Only chance for a win is Chantilly, and that would require all sorts of shit happening. However, their 3-7 will still be right on the bubble of the playoffs due to their tough schedule. Then it is a one and done first round.

Date: October 20, 2015 09:51AM

Hmmmm Wrote:
> Cville probably loses out and finishes 3-7. Only
> chance for a win is Chantilly, and that would
> require all sorts of shit happening. However,
> their 3-7 will still be right on the bubble of the
> playoffs due to their tough schedule. Then it is a
> one and done first round.

Your comment about a 3-7 record possibly making the playoffs this year is so true. That's a function of a tough schedule, but even more so, a function of how poorly the region as a whole has performed in non-region games. It's a contrast to last year, when a couple of 5-5 teams finished short of the playoffs. This year, I'd expect every single 5-5 team to make the playoffs.

Posted by: NR Scheduling ()
Date: October 20, 2015 10:18AM

It's also a function on the scheduling system that punished teams for being successful in previous years. The strong programs were forced to play very tough schedules which caused them to lose 1 or 2 more games than they normally would. Compare Centreville's, Robinson's, and Oakton's schedules versus last years schedule and you will see why D6 has fewer wins.

Posted by: centrevillerox ()
Date: October 20, 2015 11:03AM

Hmmmm Wrote:
> Cville probably loses out and finishes 3-7. Only
> chance for a win is Chantilly, and that would
> require all sorts of shit happening. However,
> their 3-7 will still be right on the bubble of the
> playoffs due to their tough schedule. Then it is a
> one and done first round.

I'm just saying there is no way Centreville finishes 3-7. No way. Too much talent for that to happen. They could upset Westfield this Friday in fact - Westfield's offense worse than Centreville's that is for sure.

Posted by: Can'truntheball ()
Date: October 20, 2015 11:20AM

Westfield is so weak at running the football it will be tough for them to win a championship. But Cats have had trouble stopping anyone so far this year, so Westfield will score some points. However, the real question is can Cville, a decent offense, almost a 400 yds per game average, get on the scoreboard against that Westfield defense? With the rivalry emotion this could be a lot better game then people expect.

Posted by: conf 6 parent ()
Date: October 20, 2015 11:33AM

NR football fan Wrote:
> While speculation on the top spot is fun, I think
> speculating on the bubble teams is more
> interesting
>
> Look at Yorktown and WL, currently occupying the
> 15 and 16 slots. They play each other in three
> weeks in a game that is likely loser go home.
> This week, Yorktown has a tough assignment against
> Hayfield, and WL is facing an improving McLean.
>
> The situation in PWC is also interesting. It
> hasn't gotten much coverage, but the five
> conference 8 teams were only 7-23 outside of
> conference play, with Battlefield being clearly
> the strongest. Now that they are playing each
> other, they are starting to get some wins. The
> winner of Patriot and Osbourn could find
> themselves in the playoffs.
>
> Finally, look at Centreville. They are currently
> at #13, with Westfield, Chantilly, and Robinson
> left. Is the unthinkable possible, that they
> would miss the playoffs altogether?

Should be an exciting matchup between W-L and Yorktown especially if its for a playoff spot. It's the classic high school rivalry game and the small Yorktown stadium will be packed. McLean and Langley is the other end of season conf 6 rivalry matchup. Great games ahead for rivalry week.

Posted by: I like football ()
Date: October 20, 2015 04:09PM

do you like it?

Posted by: Really? W-L and Yorktown? ()
Date: October 20, 2015 08:09PM

How can you in good conscience tout this game?

Yorktown got beat by a D5 school 51-3 just two weeks ago, and W-L lost to Wakefield, who is also terrible.

Face it - the Arlington schools are simply horrible... poor coaching and not enough big kids to block for the few good athletes behind them.

I mean, I have seen all three play and they are garbage.

Not quite as bad as Fairfax's trip of Jefferson, Stuart, and Lee, but you get the picture.

Posted by: Football703 ()
Date: October 21, 2015 07:38AM

Where is Steve k2 with his spreads

Posted by: stevek'2' ()
Date: October 21, 2015 08:08AM

I am taking a shit leave me alone

Posted by: Hard on the eyes ()
Date: October 21, 2015 11:00AM

What's up with braddocks new offense? That shit his hard to watch. I thought their qb was one of their better players. He's a bonafide fullback now.

Posted by: Pop Warner ()
Date: October 21, 2015 12:24PM

Hard on the eyes Wrote:
> What's up with braddocks new offense? That shit
> his hard to watch. I thought their qb was one of
> their better players. He's a bonafide fullback
> now.

They want to go single wing without the commitment to going single wing. It's more than just a formation. It's a mindset.

The way they run it, it's what the NFL would call a Wildcat formation.

Posted by: footballobserver ()
Date: October 21, 2015 12:27PM

Can'truntheball Wrote:
> Westfield is so weak at running the football it
> will be tough for them to win a championship.

Westfield has had 8 different players getting significant carries in their first 7 games. Chung, Chapman-Greene, Beard, Montique, James and Johnson have all had the most carries in at least 1 game. Rivers and Clancy also had games with 5 or more carries. Their running game is just flat out subpar this season.

Date: October 21, 2015 12:47PM

Can'truntheball Wrote:
> Westfield is so weak at running the football it
> will be tough for them to win a championship.

Westfield has had 8 different players getting significant carries in their first 7 games. Chung, Chapman-Greene, Beard, Montique, James and Johnson have all had the most carries in at least 1 game. Rivers and Clancy also had games with 5 or more carries. Their running game is just flat out subpar this season.

Montique and Johnson are their best bets, then Chapman-Greene and James. The problem with Westfield isn't their running game, it's the horrific offensive line.

Not sure about Rivers but Clancy was used primarily as a blocking FB and TE. Guess Westfield was looking for some spark to offense when suspended players were out.

So the suspended players now are now back but Clancy is done for the year with a knee injury. Appeared in the Oakton game he got hurt carrying the ball, Washington Post said season ending injury.

Doesn't matter who's carrying the ball, or under center, if the O-line doesn't improve that will be Westfield's downfall. They certainly have skill players, special teams, and a tremendous defense, just no blocking.

Posted by: westfield sux ()
Date: October 21, 2015 01:50PM

Westfield already crumbling under the expectations like usual. I am DEFINITELY not a Centreville fan but would not be surprised if Centreville wins this week.

Posted by: concorde observation post ()
Date: October 21, 2015 02:04PM

Yes for all the talk I think Westfield, Lake Braddock, and South County (the supposed North front runners this year) are all flawed. None of them as collectively strong as the Centreville teams of the past few years. Whomever wins will get blasted by the cheating All Star Team called Ocean Lakes. Just saying...

Posted by: present tense ()
Date: October 21, 2015 02:47PM

flawed in the present Centerville living in the past- so sad!

Date: October 21, 2015 03:06PM

Westfield already crumbling under the expectations like usual. I am DEFINITELY not a Centreville fan but would not be surprised if Centreville wins this week.

Not sure you could say crumble, either present or past. The past 2 seasons Centreville was definitely the team to beat, loaded with talent. Their record this season speaks volumes to back that up.

Previous to that Westfield didn't crumble, just got outcoached and outplayed. The thing everyone forgets is their losses have been to some pretty good Concorde teams. So crumble might be an over-exaggerated term.

What is certainly true is that regardless of what the expectations were, Westfield has done pretty well considering the off field issues. Only problem as I stated in previous post is their O-line is not very good. Doesn't matter whether it's a beach school or local team, can't win if you can't score, can't score if you can't block.

And yes, I agree, would not be surprised at all if Centreville won this game. Watched Westfield players celebrating last week after Robinson game like they had won more than just a regular season game. I mean, did anyone of them look at the score, that wasn't anything to celebrate!

Posted by: wake up ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:16PM

As bad as Westfield's offense is, Centerville is just plain awful-- 7 games 20 fumbles

Posted by: Westfield BIlls ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:24PM

I am not a Centreville fan, I root for another NR team but Westfield definitely has a Bills thing going....

Posted by: what is really sorry ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:29PM

Agree. What is really sorry is that every time someone pokes at Westfield they immediately think it is a Centreville fan. Assume there are a fair amount of those here too but I know (because I am a Westfield poker) that there are others of us that have nothing to do with Centreville. Sanctimonious Westfield fans always talking about consistency and the like but have to admit they fail to show up in the real big games at the ends of seasons. Sorry just the facts.

Posted by: Conference 6 fan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 04:12PM

Really? W-L and Yorktown? Wrote:
> How can you in good conscience tout this game?
>
> Yorktown got beat by a D5 school 51-3 just two
> weeks ago, and W-L lost to Wakefield, who is also
> terrible.
>
> Face it - the Arlington schools are simply
> horrible... poor coaching and not enough big kids
> to block for the few good athletes behind them.
>
> I mean, I have seen all three play and they are
> garbage.
>
> Not quite as bad as Fairfax's trip of Jefferson,
> Stuart, and Lee, but you get the picture.

I have to partially disagree with this. On paper, these schools shouldn't be good, and they do have the depth problems that you mention. However, if they were total "garbage", then that would have been exposed by the conference realignment that was effective for this year. Yorktown and WL dropped a steady diet of Wakefield, Lee, Stuart, Mt. Vernon, Edison, and Falls Church, for the likes of Madison, McLean, Langley, Fairfax, and South Lakes. I thought that their records last year (7-3 for Yorktown; 6-4 for WL) were inflated based on the competition that they played last year, and that they would struggle this year with newer and tougher competition. So far, their records aren't as good, as last year, and aren't likely to be as good, but they aren't the bottom of their new conference, either.

As far as coaching goes, I've seen both play, more than once, and I think their coaching is fine. In fact, I'd say that both of them have at least one victory this year that is attributable to their coaching staffs outcoaching their opponent's coaching staff. Also, regarding having big kids for the line positions, WL's O-Line is plenty big, though all of those guys are seniors, and it's not clear what replaces them next year.

Even though I don't completely agree with you, I do think that depth is going to be a problem for both of these schools, in comparison to their new competition, and I can see them struggling in the next few years.

Posted by: Idiots amongst us ()
Date: October 21, 2015 04:49PM

What is really sorry is a fan, just so you know, NOT a Centreville Guy, talking about Westfield Crumbling and failing to show up...crying little Bitch, unless you are a bulldog Fan or Centreville fan, with the exception of one year in the past 4, they were the only Northern Region teams left standing at the End, go change your Tampon you little Bitch and get back on the Soccer Field...

Posted by: Bulldog Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 05:28PM

Agree. What is really sorry is that every time someone pokes at Westfield they immediately think it is a Centreville fan. Assume there are a fair amount of those here too but I know (because I am a Westfield poker) that there are others of us that have nothing to do with Centreville. Sanctimonious Westfield fans always talking about consistency and the like but have to admit they fail to show up in the real big games at the ends of seasons. Sorry just the facts.

No, what's really sorry is someone like you poking fun at the most consistent 6A North program over the past 13 seasons but you don't have the courage to admit who you root for. If I'm not mistaken no 6A North school has more wins, overall record of 152-36, or has been to 13, going on 14 consecutive post season appearances. Yes they've lost the last few years, but as previous posts note it was to some pretty decent teams. Three time to Centreville and once to Oakton, all Concorde teams. So, if you're going to poke fun at least man up and let everyone know who you root for. Unless of course you're too much of a coward to take some of the poking back that you seem to enjoy dishing out!

Posted by: Not a Centreville Guy ()
Date: October 21, 2015 05:29PM

Agreed, my team blows but Westfield still = Buffalo Bills.

Posted by: Bulldog Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 05:53PM

Agreed, my team blows but Westfield still = Buffalo Bills.

I believe my reply to "what is really sorry" pertains to you as well....

And if you're going to criticize a team, come up with something original, I believe the Washington Post used the reference of the Bills to Westfield several months ago!

Posted by: ok then sir ()
Date: October 21, 2015 06:03PM

Ok - the Bulldog are a bunch of dixie cupping, pompous ass, UVA wannabe, choke in the clutch losers.....is that original enough for you, DAD?

Posted by: Tommy lee ()
Date: October 21, 2015 07:11PM

Westfield is dangerous, the Robinson game was a fluke. Johnson cockrill frimpong and Johnson are as good as options as you have in the passing game. If scanlon can get them the ball, no one is better then them

Posted by: What?!!! ()
Date: October 21, 2015 08:17PM

Westfield is dangerous, the Robinson game was a fluke. Johnson cockrill frimpong and Johnson are as good as options as you have in the passing game. If scanlon can get them the ball, no one is better then them
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm, yeah, what team have you been watching this year? Doesn't matter what potential weapons Westfield might have, if Scanlon is running for his life it's a waste.

From the preseason to last Friday it is painfully obvious that Westfield has one of the worst offense lines in the area. They've got these big kids but none of them block well. Run or pass, it's painful to watch, poor Scanlon, he is constantly under pressure.

The Robinson game wasn't a fluke, it was a look at what happens when Westfield plays a good defense. They haven't faced a decent one since they played SOCO, and really all SOCO did was boitz every play.

If something doesn't change Westfield won't have to worry about the post season, they'll be one and done!

Posted by: What?!!! ()
Date: October 21, 2015 08:20PM

Blitz not boitz is what i meant.

Posted by: What...What ()
Date: October 21, 2015 09:50PM

Westfield O-line Coach is either Blind, has been blessed with Talent every year prior, or just flat out Sucks....their Line is terrible...some one needs to GO!

Posted by: I am a Centreville fan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 09:53PM

Unlike previous poster I am a Cville Fan. I don't feel the need to hate on Westfield but I do think Cville has a real chance to make this a game Friday night and perhaps even win. You heard it here first.

Posted by: footballobserver2 ()
Date: October 21, 2015 10:02PM

I am a Centreville fan Wrote:
> Cville has a real chance to make this a game
> Friday night and perhaps even win. You heard it
> here first.

NOPE:

Posted by: centrevillerox
Date: October 20, 2015 11:03AM

They could upset Westfield this Friday in fact - Westfield's offense worse than Centreville's that is for sure.

Posted by: westfield sux
Date: October 21, 2015 01:50PM

I am DEFINITELY not a Centreville fan but would not be surprised if Centreville wins this week.

Posted by: Bulldog Booster
Date: October 21, 2015 03:06PM

And yes, I agree, would not be surprised at all if Centreville won this game.

Posted by: Farakhan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 10:10PM

The only thing C-Ville is guaranteed Friday is a Short Bus Ride...in fact no bus ride at all...C-ville adds to their turnover numbers and takes another Concorde Loss as Scanlon throws for 4-5 td's and possibly Catches 2....oh and Haddock might just spend the Second half on the Bull horn yelling at any one and every one...

Posted by: Broad Run Still Running... ()
Date: October 21, 2015 10:15PM

Broad Run parent here. I don't like all of the silly one liners kids send in about Centreville and Westfield, but let me share with you right here and now...
this game will not be close! We could have scored 70 on C-Ville (scored 56 with a running clock and JV for entire 4th quarter).

Centreville just does not have the speed, strength, and siz that they need to stay CLOSE in this one.

Sorry folks, nothing to see here... 24 points or more should be the spread, Steve!

Date: October 22, 2015 09:03AM

Cville v WF doesn't mean much this year attention should be on WSvLB game where a 1 seed and 3 seed are on the line. A handful of the best players will be on the field Friday night and a few weeks later SC at LB.

Posted by: Concorde Watcher ()
Date: October 22, 2015 09:26AM

Cville v WF doesn't mean much this year attention should be on WSvLB game where a 1 seed and 3 seed are on the line. A handful of the best players will be on the field Friday night and a few weeks later SC at LB.

--------------------------------------------------------

How do you figure that? Currently Westfield holds the #3 seed. I also don't see West Springfield upending LB.

I think there are some pretty damn good players over in the Concorde/Conference 5 as well. Just because a team doesn't have a great year doesn't mean they don't have some talent which is Cville's case this year.

The talk about Cville and WF is because their rivals and over the past few years the two most successful teams. The fact that it's a rivalry game means anything can happen which should make it a good game.

Posted by: footballobserver2 ()
Date: October 22, 2015 09:58AM

It will be interesting to see what kind of attendance there is at the WF-CEN and LB-WS game. I have noticed a continuing decline in attendance at NOVA high school football games by both students and parents/locals. I was just looking at some photos of a number of routine mid-season games from 2007 and although that was only 8 years ago attendance seems to be significantly lower. Some of the Loudoun schools have solid student attendance but even there in some games the parent/locals do not seem to come out in big numbers.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: October 22, 2015 10:46AM

Thanks big guy for you insults. Pretty sure both jv teams were in for the fourth quarter. Guess you didn't fair to good last week.

Date: October 22, 2015 11:41AM

Concorde Watcher Wrote:
> Cville v WF doesn't mean much this year attention
> should be on WSvLB game where a 1 seed and 3 seed
> are on the line. A handful of the best players
> will be on the field Friday night and a few weeks
> later SC at LB.
>
> ------
>
> How do you figure that? Currently Westfield holds
> the #3 seed. I also don't see West Springfield
> upending LB.
>
> I think there are some pretty damn good players
> over in the Concorde/Conference 5 as well. Just
> because a team doesn't have a great year doesn't
> mean they don't have some talent which is Cville's
> case this year.
>
> The talk about Cville and WF is because their
> rivals and over the past few years the two most
> successful teams. The fact that it's a rivalry
> game means anything can happen which should make
> it a good game.

Westfields is just plan bad on offense and won't have enough to beat any team that has some explosiveness. WS put 35 points up against a Robinson team that WF only scored 3 against as well 40 against SC that WF could only put 19. WF is really good on defense but that can only take you so far when your offense is inept.

In regards to LB both games against WS were decided by 2 points last year with the home team winning both games. Each team is returning a bunch players and the two best qb's in the county. WS defense has been suspect but have been playing much better as of late. Should be a close game with a slight edge to LB.

Nobody is question the Concorde but the fact is they haven't beat the top 3 teams in the patriot this year. Therefore, LBvWS should be the game to watch Friday night.

CvillevWF isn't the only rivalry game. That game maybe a sleeper. Cville may not score on WF and WF may put you to sleep when they have the ball. Hopefully I'm wrong and they put a great game together.

Posted by: Westfield Ravens ()
Date: October 22, 2015 03:37PM

Posted by: Westfield BIlls ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:24PM

I am not a Centreville fan, I root for another NR team but Westfield definitely has a Bills thing going….

====
Closer to Ravens… The two times they go to states… they win… not like the Centreville Colts (win 50/50)

still hope for the Soco Texans/Jaguars… never there… but always in the hunt

Pages: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819All...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.