HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:58PM

Only one of them last Friday, working bank parking lots ( near the atm ), and gas stations in Torrance and Redondo Beach. White Chevy SUV "How do I get to the airport ?" . Same crap made in china stuff. Didn't buy any.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: May 20, 2013 11:04PM

Remember the late actor W.C. Fields......"You can't cheat an honest man"........

Posted by: derp ()
Date: May 20, 2013 11:23PM

This is the stupidest thread ever.

Posted by: new jacket owner ()
Date: May 20, 2013 11:49PM

This happened to me about an hour ago. My wife and I were standing outside the Capella Pedregal Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Two Italian guys in a white Lexus SUV pulled up asking directions to the San Jose Del Cabo airport. We told them it was about a 45 minute drive and they said they needed to lighten their load to get there faster. We got the same jacket pitch as reported by others.

It was 91 degrees Fahrenheit today so we didn't really need them for warmth. We also said since we were flying home to Scottsdale AZ ourselves we don't have much room to pack extra clothes. But Gianni was a really persuasive salesman and he talked us into taking twenty-five (25) jackets for $500.

They are good quality so the deal didn't really seem all that bad. I'm going to spend the remainder of our vacation here trying to sell the jackets in the resort and around town in Cabo. If there are any left we will sell them back home in Scottsdale.

Posted by: Katie ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:33AM

Be careful they are hitting San Francisco now! My Dad went for it haha

Posted by: twista ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:48AM

OMG! There here! I just saw them in Moore, Oklahoma. They said they are having a Tornado sale. People here no longer have homes but at least they are gonna look stylish!

Posted by: Scott in SF ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:28PM

This just happened to me in San Francisco. White SUV and only one italian guy named "Gianni". I didn't buy anything, but he gave me the EXACT same pitch as Jim Bob above - looking for direction to SFO, in town for a show but didn't want to pay taxes on the jackets he had left. So shady.

Posted by: Ed in Toronto ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:43PM

happened to me just now. at King and University Toronto
$2000 for 7 jackets. F***!

Posted by: Hal in Toronto ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:28PM

Me too! I'm was at King and Univ but I got a deal $1600 for 8 jackets. You got fucked over.

Posted by: Monops ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:28PM

I'm from Toronto Canada and the same thing happened to me but instead they were going to give it to me for free but got out and tried to get me into the car because they couldn't do the exchange in public...I backed away, gave them the directions and left!

Posted by: Dan in Toronto ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:29PM

Ha ha! Both of you got screwed. I was at the corner of Albert and Colombia Streets. Ended up getting a better deal than either of you - $1400 for 8 jackets.

Posted by: Ned in Toronto ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:31PM

Over on Westmount Rd S here. Got $1000 for 10 jackets.

Posted by: Joe in Toronto ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:32PM

I got the $1000 for 10 jacket deal too

Posted by: RIPPED OFF ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:36PM

Antonio Feruzzi was his name and he sold me 9 jackets for $1600. When I got home, I noticed the Armani label was peeling off one jacket. I pulled it off and it said Kirkland (Costco) underneath.

Posted by: Merrill ()
Date: May 25, 2013 09:16PM

I just bought 20 jackets for $500. Initially he was asking a lot more and negotiated the price down to $500. I looked them over before buying and again when I got home. They seem perfectly ok, nothing wrong with them. It was the same Gianni character.

Posted by: leatherman ()
Date: May 25, 2013 11:05PM

Does he ever have any of the Emporio leather bikini collection for sale?
Attachments:
L1937.jpg

Posted by: Bill in Phoenix ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:07AM

So I was gassing up my rental car last night just down the road from Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and this Gianni guy rolled up in a white rental SUV. He asked for directions to the airport and then tried to sell me his faux Armani jackets. LOL he didn't pitch the bikini collection.

At first I thought it was a scam but then took one anyway for $30 it seemed like a fair price. Now I've checked it out more, and no problems discovered. There was a slight chemical smell I noticed from trying to use it as a pillow on my flight, but that has aired out now.

What exactly is supposed to be wrong with these jackets other than obviously not being actual Armani?

Posted by: camper Dave ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:19AM

So I'm at the Grand Canyon and I rented a donkey named Paco to haul me and my camping gear down to the Colorado River. I'm at my campsite for the evening when this guy named Francisco Valenti pulls up on a rental donkey named Daisy and tries to sell me a genuine Emporio a Collezione leather sleeping bag and tent set for $500. I told him I already had a Gore-Tex tent and REI sleeping bag but he said he needs to sell them in order to lighten his load so the donkey can make it out of there. It seems Daisy was an elderly donkey. I offered him $300, we settled on $400 and half a bag of Purina Donkey Chow for Daisy.

Posted by: Simone Moro ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:44AM

Last week I was flying a rescue attempt to the South Col at Everest. We had picked up an injured climber and dropped him off at base camp. We were getting ready to take off when a white rental SUV accompanied by a pack of Sherpas approached the helicopter. At first we thought they were the same Sherpas we had previously had an altercation with, but it was just a fellow Italian named Gianni with Sherpa porters loaded down with bundles of Armani jackets.

He asked us for directions to Toronto, and was so grateful he offered us each a faux Armani jacket. Although we are sponsored by Then North Face, we each took a jacket and my partner tossed a couple more bundles of jackets in the helicopter when Gianni wasn't looking.

Posted by: Ed in Estonia ()
Date: May 27, 2013 10:26PM

Was packing up my car in the Ülemiste Hotell parking lot, Tallinn, Estonia. Two Italian men in a white rental SUV pulled up and asked directions to Lennart Meri Airport. I pointed out the way and they were very grateful. One of the men (believe it was Ganni) said he could not take his stock of Armani jackets on the plane with him due to the export duties. I offered to take 3 or 4 jackets, and he asked for an iPad in payment. As a joke I gave him the equivalent of $500 in poor-quality counterfeit Russian notes. He did not examine the currency closely and did not realize it was counterfeit. They drove off towards the airport and I got the 4 jackets for free.

Posted by: tyrone blackwell ()
Date: May 27, 2013 10:32PM

Me & d othR guys frm d Ocho 8 gang wa shanging out near d plasma cNtR hEr n Camden, nu Jersey wen DIS (_o_) n a FanC nu SUV pulls ^ asking how 2 git 2 Philly. We lIk 2 him itz Ovr d bridge my man! He wants 2 sellus som fiN (_!_) lethR goods bt we stabbed him n d neck & t%k Hs shit, dat Italian fuxor b bleeding out n d st. nw feck him. lethR jackets L%k gud.

Posted by: Chumley ()
Date: May 27, 2013 11:55PM

I believe what Mr Blackwell said was...

I was meeting with my fellow associates of the Ocho 8 fraternity near the medical facilities in Camden, New Jersey when we noticed an attractive late model SUV approach us. The driver sought navigation insutructions as he desired to be in Philadelphia. We assisted him by providing guidance and instructions on how to take the bridge into the city.

In appreciation of our assistance, he presented us with a business proposition and offered to sell us some fine designer Italian leather goods.

Rather than take him up on his offer, we opted to apply a sharp implement to his neck and relieve him of his inventory. As we bid him a fond farewell, we noticed that he was beeding profusely. While this was not an ideal predictament for the Italian fellow, we decided to leave posthaste with the fine quality merchandise.

Posted by: tim me ()
Date: May 28, 2013 03:18AM

go fuck yourself, canadians are the best people but yes some are led astray and its usally an american behind all the scams!!

Posted by: jimme ()
Date: May 28, 2013 03:24AM

They may still be in Vancouver, one guy today pulled over and asked me for directions on seymour street and then asked me to sit with him, I was reluctant but did so and he pulled the jacket thing on me and then asked if I could help buy him dinner etc as he had a 14 hour flight. sounded good, but I still believe if its too good to be true then its too good to be true and said I haven't any money and then he took back the jackets, I left and went about my business.

Posted by: BS ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:15AM

Lol, lots of trolls lurking on this post

Posted by: trolly ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:57AM

The whole thread is a troll thread in case you didn't notice.

Posted by: Qiang Lei ()
Date: May 29, 2013 08:13AM

I knew it was too good to be true. He was in in White Porsche and showed me his passport and rental car agreement. Yeah, I got hit up with the IPAD thing. I guess the coats got me. Yeah, 4 coasts for $200. I knew something should had been wrong when he went from $500 to $200. Never again....

Posted by: Jake the snake ()
Date: May 29, 2013 06:30PM

Same thing happened to me today. An Italian guy asked for directions, he had fake cards, passport, car rental. He wanted me to pay $1000 for 4 jackets claiming they were worth $17,000. It seemed to good to be true and he seemed very pushy. so I didn't go for it. Thanks for proving it was/is a scam.

Posted by: >???< ()
Date: May 30, 2013 07:53AM

This is the best fucking thread on FFXU ever. So full of win. I love the bullshit here.

Posted by: Tonny ()
Date: May 30, 2013 02:29PM

Hahahha I got 3 for 60 same history but it was only one guy

Posted by: Gas Statiion El Paso, Tx ()
Date: May 31, 2013 03:43PM

This happend to me on Thurs 5/30/13 in El Paso, Texas. It was only one guy in a grey SUV. coming from a convention going to the airport. Started at $1500 for 5 jackets, immediately dropped to $500. After all is said and done I gave him $40 for 1 jacket. Lesson learned.

Posted by: William ()
Date: May 31, 2013 06:41PM

I'm in Toronto, Canada. It just happened to me 20 min ago. Two Italians in JEEP SUV. At Bay/Grosvenor St. They were asking direction to Pearson airport. Tried to give me free leather jackets but say something about credit card. Just be careful guys~

Posted by: William ()
Date: May 31, 2013 07:43PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did get one jacket for free. Since I'm gay, I offered to suck off both of the guys for two jackets. They said no deal at first but we settled on each of them getting a blowjob with me swallowing. Since I'm a cum-guzzling whore anyway, I went for it.

Now I have a nice new jacket!

Posted by: nah ()
Date: May 31, 2013 10:29PM

trolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole thread is a troll thread in case you
> didn't notice.

Not even half of it. Just this page and a few posts here and there in last few.

Posted by: Good Deed Indeed ()
Date: June 03, 2013 02:52PM

Same story only one guy though. Airport directions. It cost me $100 for two jackets. Well hopefully they will receive their just reward in due time.

Posted by: Ee ()
Date: June 03, 2013 03:53PM

Same story today, saw them in the Trenton, NJ area. Asked for directions to the airport. They wanted $1500 for 15 jackets. I said hell no. He drove away.

Posted by: ACB ()
Date: June 03, 2013 04:39PM

Got approached by these 2 guys in the same silver SUV in the pictures prior in Seattle. He is using the MANAGER title here.
Very smooth talker, but I didn't buy it.
KEEP MOVIN' ITALIAN DUDES!!

Posted by: Nick S ()
Date: June 03, 2013 05:01PM

They are in Cherry Hill, NJ today. Claimed was from Georgio Armani and was from Italy. Asked for directions to Philadelphia Airport. Drove ia beautiful new Cadillac CTS-V Wagon. Smooth talking fella. I wasn't planning on buying but ended up with 4 jackets for $300.

Posted by: love me some leather ()
Date: June 03, 2013 05:03PM

Oh man! I sure hope they find there way through Akron, Ohio here. I wonder if they have other leather goods...
Attachments:
tumblr_m42uf2eMBD1r7hykxo1_1280.jpg

Posted by: greg sakanan ()
Date: June 04, 2013 07:06PM

The same thing happened to me. I am putting a bounty on those fanoiks heads and whoever tells me about their whereabouts in Glendale CA, I will pay generously. Please reply to my post whoever is interested.

Posted by: A. Tahalele ()
Date: June 05, 2013 04:27PM

As of 2 hours ago they were in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Same thing happen to me. I was at Jl. KH Wahid Hasyim 77, at the Ibis Jakarta Tamarin. Two Italian men driving a rental SUV, white in color, pulled in and asked directions to the Soekarno-Hatta Jakarta airport. In gratitude they offered several imitation Armani jackets, which they could not take on their flight. I paid $100 (one hundred US dollars) for five (5) jackets, and then they gave me an additional woman's jacket for my daughter who arrived on the scene at that moment. The principal was a greasy looking man with bad teeth, and left the same business card as posted above.

Posted by: xVnwj ()
Date: June 05, 2013 08:58PM

Posted by: WTF is this ()
Date: June 06, 2013 12:00AM

WTF is this thread about?

Posted by: saul cardenas ()
Date: June 07, 2013 09:01PM

I just met the 2 italians in the SUV.there running there scam in the east bay close to San Francisco.they say they talk little English.they have a pocket full of 100s and passport and rent a car ticket.they show u a few of there jackets and say they don't want to pay the interest tax when they head back to Italy.they will put a lighter to the jacket to show u the.quality of the leather.Beware of the this fuckers

Posted by: Isai ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:01PM

One Italian guy in big spring sold me a jacket for 80 bucks but he wanted 400 for 4 of them and said the cost for one is 1,000 so I went for and only bought one because I only had 80 dollars he was driving a ford SUV.

Posted by: Isai ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:04PM

That fucker did the same thing to me Saul cardenas.

Posted by: vanneda ()
Date: June 09, 2013 11:27PM

Same thing happend to my dad,.they asked him , how to get to the airport and he said he didnt want to pay taxes on some extra watches...my dad ended.up giving him $300.00 thats some BS.

Posted by: stupidme ()
Date: June 11, 2013 07:50PM

BEWARE!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER EVER TALK TO STRANGERS! COST me $1,000 + $350 for visa LOL now i have to work my ass off! Italian guy with armani coats displays to you that it's fire proof by burning it infront of you. Will ask directions to you to airport because he has flights. and will let you in the car and mind FUCK you! My greediness got me on this one. LESSON LEARNED!

Posted by: MOB ()
Date: June 11, 2013 11:46PM

THEY ARE NOW IN THE SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA DOWNTOWN AREA, BUT AS I SCAMMER MYSELF I GUESS WE ALL LEARN , GET UR $, BUT TO ALL OTHERS BEWARE THEY ARE OUT THERE

Posted by: Woogie ()
Date: June 12, 2013 04:18PM

These guys just offered to sell me two pails of diarrhea for 30 bucks. If I bought it they would let me have another 7 for free.

Too good to be true. I bought it and man it is the most delicious diarrhea I've ever had.

Posted by: Macaroni ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:00PM

Just got hit by them in Roseville, CA outside Macarooni Grill. Asked if I am Italian because my nose and face looks like Italian. (Total shit. I am Indian.) rest was the same story. Did not buy anything.

Posted by: Lenny ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:53AM

Posted by: Lenny ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:40AM

Oops, that was the wrong link. Don't click - it's for my retarded sister's hair salon. Anyway, here is a screen shot of him.
Attachments:
ital.jpg

Posted by: fronkenstouche ()
Date: June 15, 2013 03:22PM

Tony, white grey suv, directions to SFO in Safeway parking lot N. San Jose, daughter's birthday, iPad. 4 jackets, soaked in gasoline. These guys sure get around. Class act!

A++++ would get ripped off again.

Posted by: Marcel ()
Date: June 15, 2013 03:45PM

I encountered the two Italians last night in Cayenne, French Guiana. It was just after dark outside the Porta Verde restaurant. They were in a white rental SUV, asked directions to the airport (Félix Eboué). Gianni wanted an iPad for his daughter and offered 4 jackets.

I took the 4 jackets and sensing it was a scam my partner stole the rest and compelled the two to turn over all their money to us, almost $3,000. Anyone who was scammed recently may reply to us for reimbursement. We now have a quantity of jackets on sale for $10 each, at 30 Rue Arago. They are of good quality and very attractive.

We suspect Gianni and his associate will travel to Canada next.

Posted by: Mike111 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 11:02AM

I'm from Bristol, UK and I searched this up (it happened to me like 30 mins ago)

Italian guy looking for directions to airport. Gave me three designer watches and wanted me to pay for his petrol!

Posted by: Nigel_Hines ()
Date: June 17, 2013 08:51PM

They are still in England. I just ran into Gianni and his mate in Southampton, Hampshire, UK about an hour ago. They were looking for the airport again, driving a white SUV. Both blokes were a bit off and smelled bad. Gave me the three watches and tried to sell jackets. We bargained and I bought four jackets for forty quid (£40), which wasn't a bad deal on top of the watches. (Helped when I pointed out the surveillance camera monitoring the transaction.) All decent quality for knock-offs nonetheless.

Posted by: Great American Novel ()
Date: June 18, 2013 11:23AM

Nigel_Hines Wrote:
> They are still in England. I just ran into Gianni
> and his mate in Southampton, Hampshire, UK about
> an hour ago. They were looking for the airport
> again, driving a white SUV. Both blokes were a
> bit off and smelled bad. Gave me the three
> watches and tried to sell jackets. We bargained
> and I bought four jackets for forty quid (£40),
> which wasn't a bad deal on top of the watches.
> (Helped when I pointed out the surveillance camera
> monitoring the transaction.) All decent quality
> for knock-offs nonetheless.

When is the book coming out?

Posted by: Branner ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:05PM

Beware: They are now in the Azores. Two Italians in a white SUV pulled up while my girlfriend and I were taking erotic outdoor photos at the Boqueirão Whale Factory, on Flores Island, Azores. We greeted them in Portuguese, then they asked in English for directions to the airport. My girlfriend and I were both completely naked at the time, so he gave us a couple jackets to wear. They said they had a carload of jackets they could not bring on the plane, and wanted to give them away.

In gratitude for pointing the way to the airport he told us we could keep the two jackets we had on, and offered 5 more if he could look at my girlfriend's breasts or 10 jackets if he could touch. She obliged whereupon they gave us the entire load of jackets and a suitcase of fake watches, which are of good quality. We finished the photo shoot and left most of the coats inside the whale factory. Watch out for these guys, they will try to scam you.

Posted by: CmeSpeed ()
Date: June 20, 2013 03:48PM

I took was taken as well, not for $200 but for $40. I know if it's to good to be true it probably isn't.

This guy played the same game on me, except he said he wanted to buy an I pad for his daughter. He was very slick. He showed me a number of jackets and claimed they were leather. He was so fast (like a shell game) putting them in marked bags I didn't have time to look carefully. It appeared he was going to give me 5 jackets for whatever I could afford. The dumb move I made was to look in my wallet to only find $40. He said I was killing him but he didn't have any more options. He said can't we go to your ATM? When I said no he said, ok just give me the $40. When I did he only put one jacket in the bag and drove off.

It wasn't until I got home that the smell knocked me off my feet. Leather doesn't smell like ass.

Buyer beware. Even those of us that THINK we are savy can be taken.

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: June 20, 2013 05:49PM

They are in Downey CA. I was putting my kids in car. He asked directions to LA Convention Center. Told him 5 North to 10fwy.
Same story. He showed me his passport.
This time instead of jackets it's Fake watches. EA Oroligio. He got me for $180 for 12 fake watches. Supposedly overstocked from a convention. Hahaha. Im such a dumbass.
I was in need of a wrist band for my watch, so I figured, ok. I can just swap the band for my watch. Haha. They are so delicate it broke.
Anyway, hope God is nece to him when he meets with him.

Yep...........GOT ME !!!
Posted by: Marc ()
Date: June 20, 2013 06:47PM

Happened 1 hour ago at the Bristol Farm's at Doheny and Beverly Blvd in Beverly Hills. Same schtick. And I think of myself as aware and not easily conned......big surprise for me. Got the same story of asking for directions to LAX. Then for being such a nice guy he wants to give me 3 leather jackets. I, being the generous and thoughtful guy I am (boy am I generous Haha) said I can't take them for nothing.......here is $340 which was what I had in my wallet. He wanted me to buy an iPad for his son's birthday. Good thing I only had $340 on me..........bad timing as I usually only carry about $150 and that would have been all he got. I am 58 years old, and I still am reminded to "Live and Learn". If it seems to good to be true, it usually is!

Quite an experience..............really quite funny........but the joke is on me..........just shows you that just because you think you intelligent and have some affluence doesn't mean you aren't still a sucker.

Just call me the latest "sucker".........I accept the humiliation.......boy oh boy..........life never ceases to surprise me...........

Signing off,

The Jerk with the smelly jackets...............LOL

Posted by: Stephen K ()
Date: June 21, 2013 06:37PM

One of them just tried this on me and i found this site on my phone WHILE TALKING TO HIM.
I was just walking next to my house in an alley when he asked for directions. I started writing them down and he worked his routine. I looked up this site within 45 seconds and showed it to him (meanwhile his "extremely valuable gift" was in my hand) i then proceeded to a dumpster 10 feet away which would only open about 6 inches because of a chain lock. threw the whole bag into it, flipped the bird then walked off. SCREW THIS SCUMBAG!
Note: This was in WEST LOS ANGELES.

Posted by: GIPSY ()
Date: June 28, 2013 08:53PM

two guys pulled up in a white mazda SUV and they where asking if we can help them sell there leather coats because they have to go to Italy in 3 hours so we bought 6 for 275 fucken bastards -.-

Posted by: zh ()
Date: July 03, 2013 03:48PM

just got scammed in toronto...on bay street.
4 jackets for $1200 he started with, bought them for $600 for 4 jackets.

Still can't believe I fell for it... so retarded.

Posted by: same ()
Date: July 03, 2013 07:34PM

I fell for it too. Bought 5 jackets for $100. He started out at $500 each so it seemed like a good deal. Still not jackets for the $20 each, and they would cost more in a store, so meh...

Posted by: TONY ()
Date: July 04, 2013 04:13PM

hey I just encountered that one fat Italian guy lmao I got six jackets for fifty buck I aint trippin they look real there in a ega bag and pass the burn leather and swade test 50 bucks cant beat it even the klnock off are worth money I personally don't like them I wear walmart cloth

Posted by: Pierre ()
Date: July 05, 2013 09:10PM

Gianni and his partner in crime are back in Kourou French Guiana once again. They almost conned me with their scam, but for a slip-up. They approached me at the space centre in a white rental SUV and asked directions to the airport. He said they had just driven in from Suriname and picked up a load of Armani jackets which they needed to sell before flying to Italy. I knew this to be a lie because French Guiana is part of France and the European Union, hence there is no customs duty as he claimed. I threatened to call the Gendarmes and they drove away at a rapid speed, leaving behind two suitcases of men and womens jackets, about 40 jackets in total.

I will be taking the jackets to the beach tomorrow. I will be at Plage Montjoly, where I give kite-surfing lessons. This beach is but a short pleasant drive from Cayenne. Every kite-surfing student will get a free imitation Armani simulated leather jacket with a one-hour lesson. A two hour lesson will entitle the client to two jackets, and purchase of a half-day kite-surfing lesson will entitle the client to five of the fine jackets. Arrive early to book an appointment.

Posted by: 979ec ()
Date: July 06, 2013 04:08PM

just encountered this scammer here in el campo, texas
did the same thing to my father.

Posted by: idkidk ()
Date: July 06, 2013 08:26PM

July 06 around 3pm in Toronto, on U of T campus!!
Guy across the street in an SUV asked for directions to airport and I told him. He gave me 4 fake armani jackets, FOR FREE!!!! am i the 1st one to get them for free???? anyways i'm not going to wear them

Posted by: EduardoMorales ()
Date: July 06, 2013 09:29PM

I have the same experience! Last night in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico they gave me 2 fake Armani jackets for free after asking directions to the airport. They were in a white SUV and handed me a business card just like the photo. I am wearing the jacket now and it is warm and comfortable. Should I take it off? Did I get scammed?

Posted by: Conned ()
Date: July 07, 2013 08:05PM

San Francisco, CA (7-7-13)

I was conned into buying 3 jackets: 2 suede, 1 fake leather for $200. He originally asked for $300.

I was standing on Market at 5th when a well groomed white male pulled up in a rental Mercedes Benz SUV and rolled down the window to ask me something. After some chit chat, I hopped into his car to see what "opportunity" (as he described it) he had in store. He told me he had 3 Armani jackets in the back and said he was leaving back to Italy that day and he really wanted to get rid of them so he wouldn't have to pay import taxes on them. In addition, he also showed me a picture of "his son" and told me he wanted to get some cash back so he can return home with a gift for his son. He said that I could return the jackets at "Marco Esposito" (made up store) and get $3000 back for them if I talked to a man named Lino. His instructions were to return the jackets to the store and tell them that the jackets didn't fit correctly. He was confident they wouldn't have exchangeable sizes so they would have to give me the cash value back. $3000 sounded good to me, so I took him up on his "opportunity". He also reminded me a few times to make sure I tip out Lino (his friend at the store) for doing the exchange. After I talked him down to $200, he gave me the three jackets in a EGA reusable bag.

On my way home, I searched for the store on the internet and no luck. I searched the cross streets he gave me and no luck. He even texted me some extra directions so I tried calling back and texting, no answer. I probably should've did a search online before completing the transaction cause I instantly found this site and saw that a lot of other people had similar stories. 415-513-8161 Is the phone number he left me with.

In hindsight, I should've caught all the red flags and realized it was a scam. From him pulling out his Italian passport to prove his authenticity, to him fumbling around with his phone like it wasn't his own. It sucks, but I'll try to make some of my money back by selling them online. Everything always makes so much more sense in hindsight though, doesn't it?

Posted by: Larry the trucker ()
Date: July 07, 2013 10:29PM

I was at the Flying J Truck Stop in Jackson, Georgia yesterday when two Italian fellas approached me in the saloon. I was having my fifth or sixth vodka martini and was about to leave with Lindo Jo and take her back to the Motel 6, she is the finest looking whore that works there. I was settling up my tab when the two Italian fellas began talking to me about their leather jacket inventory. They said it was bound for the Wilson Leather distribution center in Minnesota but they semi truck was having major mechanical issues and they wanted to unload the stock before they missed their delivery deadline and were heavily penalized.

They wanted $80 each for the jackets but I negotiated them down to $55. I ended up getting the entire semi trailer of 8,800 jackets for $484,000. But it gets better! I only had $430,000 on me and they accepted that. So, I got the jackets for only $48.86 each!

Re: Beware - italian guy in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Kuni ()
Date: July 09, 2013 03:47PM

The same thing just happened to me in Chicago downtown. A guy in an SUV stopped in the middle of the street and asked me if I spoke Italian or Spanish and then asked me for directions to O'Hare Airport.

He then said that he wanted to thank me for being such a nice guy and tried to give me 3 free Armani Leather jackets and only asked that I pay for the 4th one. His excuse was that he didn't want to pay a fee to take the jackets back to Italy and would rather give them to someone as nice as me. I insisted that I didn't have any money with me and he tried to pressure me into going into the bank and taking money out.

I insisted to the end that all I had was $27. He seem annoyed and I just said sorry, hope you find your way and have a nice trip back to Italy.

It's amazing how these con artist know their stuff and don't even look like scam artists. The guy even pulled out a wallet full of credit cards and a roll of money just to show me that he wasn't a scam artist. He even through out a few names of fashion events going on in Chicago to sound legit.

I hope you are all careful next time someone stops you for directions and tries to sell you stuff.

Posted by: Poor student Ed ()
Date: July 09, 2013 03:57PM

Same thing happened to me yesterday in downtown Toronto, an Italian guy driving a Budget rental car asked for directions to the Toronto Pearson Airport and I gladly helped him. Then the guy asked for me to pay for his rental car. Sweet talker and lies after lies, and I'm just too stupid and fell for it. Told him that I was a poor student and still he continued to blabber on about helping people. Feel so cheated.

The guy gave me his card: Antonio D. also from Milan. Says he's heading off to Australia for a fashion show. Now I wonder whether anything he said was true.

Now I have a couple of fake useless PVC jackets.

Is there anything anyone can do?

Posted by: farmer Fred ()
Date: July 09, 2013 04:29PM

Minot, North Dakota reporting! No Italians here. All we got is cows. I guess I could go butcher one up right now and make a jacket.

Re: Beware - italian guy in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Lee ()
Date: July 09, 2013 04:50PM

Kuni Wrote:
> The same thing just happened to me in Chicago
> downtown. A guy in an SUV stopped in the middle of
> the street and asked me if I spoke Italian or
> Spanish and then asked me for directions to O'Hare
> Airport.
>
> He then said that he wanted to thank me for being
> such a nice guy and tried to give me 3 free Armani
> Leather jackets and only asked that I pay for the
> 4th one. His excuse was that he didn't want to pay
> a fee to take the jackets back to Italy and would
> rather give them to someone as nice as me. I
> insisted that I didn't have any money with me and
> he tried to pressure me into going into the bank
> and taking money out.
>
> I insisted to the end that all I had was $27. He
> seem annoyed and I just said sorry, hope you find
> your way and have a nice trip back to Italy.
>
>
> It's amazing how these con artist know their stuff
> and don't even look like scam artists. The guy
> even pulled out a wallet full of credit cards and
> a roll of money just to show me that he wasn't a
> scam artist. He even through out a few names of
> fashion events going on in Chicago to sound
> legit.
>
> I hope you are all careful next time someone stops
> you for directions and tries to sell you stuff.

Four jackets for $27 is a good deal. I ran into these guys a cuple weeks ago and paid $20 each for two jackets. He threw in a fake Rolex though.

Posted by: CanKid ()
Date: July 09, 2013 11:57PM

Around 6pm Country Style Parking lot @ Risa Boulevard and Dufferin in Toronto. Same scenario (asked for directions to airport, 4 jackets for $600 and could return it to a Bloor st. Harry Rosen store for $$..) after having a conversation with him I backed out since the jackets looked obviously fake. Managed to audio record it and get pics of the car.

Posted by: Jens ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:06PM

About an hour ago at Godthaab Bryghus, at Imaneq 30 in Nuuk, Greenland. Again the same 2 Italians in a white rental SUV asked for directions to the airport, then offered to sell jackets. Started out at the price $250 for one jacket or 4 for $600. After a long negotiations, the price $25 each or five jackets for $100 was agreed. I purchased 5 jackets to consummate the transaction. I took photos of Gianni and his partner, and the SUV licence.

As previously stated the jackets are obvious fake but $20 is a fair price and reasonable to pay. We have a polar climate being only 150 miles south of the Arctic Circle, but the jackets are sufficient enough for summer days.

Posted by: Jake B ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:43PM

I was approached about an hour ago in Santa Monica by one of these idiots. He pulled completely across traffic to ask me how to get to the airport. I gave him directions but had to run off---as I was leaving he told me the story about being with Armani and wanting to give me something for my time. Then he tried to show me his passport---why? I don't know, but he was not a very good scammer. I noticed his fancy hotmail address on the business card he handed me and said...See ya later, good luck, I don't want anything.

He wasn't having it, he wanted to pull into a parking lot and open up the back of his silver GMC suv to show me his collection...once again, I said see ya.

Called the Armani store in Bev Hills and they said these guys have been arrested numerous before. Only one guy in the car that pulled over to talk to me though.
Card says Davide B and Deny B...sales manager

Posted by: Uwe ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:22AM

Three of us encountered these men last night in Tenerife. They were in a white rental SUV and asked directions to the Reina Sofia airport. We were already nearby the Los Rodeos airport, and they claimed to be lost and needing to get a flight to Italy. In appreciation the one called Gianni offered us free Armani jackets, which we accepted with gratitude.

They wanted to sell additional jackets, and Gianni claimed he needed an iPad or iPhone as a gift for his son. At this juncture we informed them where they could buy Apple merchandise, but could not provide funds for the purchase. It is a scam but the jackets are tolerable. We will wear them in Germany but not here in Tenerife for the temperature is too hot for such jackets.

Posted by: Mike T. ()
Date: July 16, 2013 03:22PM

Ran into Deny B. just north of Melrose, east of Fairfax.
Same story, but he wanted a playstation for his child's birthday. A "geeeft".

Posted by: James ()
Date: July 16, 2013 09:10PM

ran into "Gianni.L Mario" in West Hollywood today - July 16, 2013 - asked directions to airport, then wanted to give me a leather jacket as a token of thanks - presented business card - after showing three jackets and a suit, he offered all for $1000 - it went from gift to great deal (the suit did appear quite beautiful and Gianni was personable) - BUT something seemed off a bit, so I backed out - glad to find these posts

Posted by: Jule Carlton ()
Date: July 17, 2013 12:14PM

They are in Waterloo Canada. I paid 150 for three nice jackets. If I would have read this page it would no have happened.

Posted by: alberto p ()
Date: July 17, 2013 11:23PM

they tried with me too today in west hollywood. I am Italian and I know Armani well and the jackets were clearly fake. those jackets ARE NOT ORIGINAL ARMANI at all, the one he showed to me had the typical colors of GUCCI...
So value the jackets for what they are forgetting about the brand, cause they are not Armani or anything.

I did not buy them of course, he wanted 500$. To be clear they were from south Italy, where this kind of fraud are quite common unfortunately.

Posted by: Seipu in Sumatra ()
Date: July 19, 2013 11:27PM

The Fuckers were in Palembang, Sumatra today. Why the hell are they trying to sell imitation leather jackets in Indonesia?

I know Armani when I see it so I wasn't fooled. It was the same Italian guy, "Gianni" who is pictured on previous page. He was driving a white rental SUV and asked directions to the airport (Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport). He wanted $600 each for the jackets and I am ashamed to say I did buy 10 of them for $17 each. Total of $170 he got me for and now I have 10 jackets which I will give away to family who live in colder climates.

There is no offensive odor to the jackets and the stitching and hardware is acceptable quality. The inside pockets are roomy and the lower inside pocket is fitted with a zipper to prevent a spill of its contents. I would prefer more choice of colours.

Posted by: Billy Minangkabau ()
Date: July 20, 2013 10:25AM

Gianni is in Jakarta, Indonesia now. I bought jacket from him for $20. Jacket is not bad. He start off selling for $500 and I laugh in his face. I don't think $20 is too much money for jacket. Watch out for him though. He is easy to spot, he drives white SUV rental, looks like the picture, asks for airport directions.

Posted by: Syrio Forel ()
Date: July 20, 2013 09:52PM

After thrashing them severely with a display of swordsmanship (I *am* the first sword of Braavos) not only did I relieve Gianni of his pocket change but, knowing well that the jackets violated the Fairfax clothing code I placed an anonymous call to the code compliance hotline. I understand a special task force has been set up to deal with these miscreants.

And they aren't even Italian–try asking them what the word for "uncle" is, and then what the plural of that word is.

Losers, that's what these guys are.

Posted by: BREAKING.NEWS ()
Date: July 20, 2013 11:33PM

VINCENZO SHOT DEAD IN KANSAS CITY, MO.

NBC affiliate KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that an Italian citizen named Gianni Vincenzo was shot dead in an apparent robbery at the Phillips 66 gas station located at 9700 NW Polo Dr, Kansas City, MO.

If I can find more details, I will post them here.

Posted by: Ankur ()
Date: July 27, 2013 08:27PM

Same thing just happened to me. He said it was the 2014 collection, there are only 50 of them in the world. Said I could go return it at Macy's if I didn't like them, and each was worth $800. Now he won't pick up the cell phone number he gave me. I'm such an idiot. I paid $300 for 3 jackets.

Posted by: Jack Wilson ()
Date: July 28, 2013 12:04AM

Just happened to me today in North Toronto.. 2 guys in a white Ford SUV, they were selling 4 different jackets for a total of $200. I eventually got 1 for $40. Beware they're slick talkers which make the story believable.

Posted by: peter.c ()
Date: August 09, 2013 11:31AM

My dad(73) came by my house with all these crappy jackets he insisted were leather. We live in Edmonton, Alberta. He said he was coming out of home depot last night and an italian guy said he was a leather salesman and was heading back to Italy. He said he was selling at West Edmonton Mall and had all these samples of expensive jackets he couldn't take back with him. My dad bought all for $200. Right when I saw them I knew they were cheap. I smelled it and it was plastic/toxic smelling-have a headache now. My dad is con mans dream come true LOL.

Posted by: Jack Mehoff ()
Date: August 09, 2013 11:45AM

Dude, didn't you read the news. The Italian man is dead. :(

Posted by: Annabell ()
Date: August 09, 2013 10:00PM

This is from Edmonton Aug 9th/2013
Just happened to hubby as he was walking out of the bank, italian guy in a lexus suv asked for directions to airport he had just been to West Edmonton mall doing some sales , yea ok, he's now got about 8 jackets he want's to get rid of so he does not have to pay taxes on them in the airport to bring Back to Milan/Italy of course he does, he offers these jackets to hubby for 800 hubby say's sorry no then he tries for one jacket at 200 hubby say's no only have 20 bucks he goes can't go that low these are 1000 dollar jackets finally hubby say's ok 40 bucks and the guy takes it then he comes to my work to show me it had the faint smell of leather but I was still sceptical as I worked with leather for many years, and yea sure enough a few hours after it's got the chemical smell , nice looking jacket and 40 bucks not to bad that is if the smell goes away after a while lmao. Guess he won't be buying any more jackets out of a suv and thanks for this site as I checked this out.....

Posted by: Bob 101 ()
Date: August 10, 2013 06:30PM

Two Italian men now driving small white car. working the Etobicoke area of Toronto.

The same thing happened to me. Talk about a salesman he could sell metamusil in a dirahrea ward of a hospital.

Tried to get me to go to atm and get cash said no but ended up pay $50.00 for a coat.

Posted by: I CALL BULLSHIT ON CANADIANS ()
Date: August 10, 2013 07:02PM

Hey Canadians,

Quit posting your bullshit sightings. We Americans know you are a backwards socialist shit hole without the financial means to afford fine luxury leather goods. Shut the fuck up and go back to clubbing seals and beavers so you can wear their nasty-ass pelts.

Posted by: bob 101 ()
Date: August 11, 2013 12:10AM

I CALL BULLSHIT ON CANADIANS Wrote:
> Hey Canadians,
>
> Quit posting your bullshit sightings. We
> Americans know you are a backwards socialist shit
> hole without the financial means to afford fine
> luxury leather goods. Shut the fuck up and go
> back to clubbing seals and beavers so you can wear
> their nasty-ass pelts.

Posted by: bob101 ()
Date: August 11, 2013 12:14AM

To I call Bullshit on Canada.

Look at all the dumb ass american that got stung..

Gladly have one of those real fur coats look at all those american dumb asses wearing fur before you condemn others.

Gladly have one of those real fur coats look at all those american dumb asses wearing fur before you condemn others.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.