HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Laughing ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:26AM

Chad:

Thanks for the detailed update on WTL. That level of attention to his activities would certainly support the notion that HE'S obsessed with YOU.

Or not, perhaps.

Sheesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:40AM

I'M obsessed with 99 pages of unstoppable MOM hate. Keep it going and we'll win the Internets.

Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:03PM

Did o'meara really have Laura Korn on his EDGE radio show today? Ain't that a very old tired bit from the Don and Mike show? Don had dropped her from show years before they stopped. More unoriginality from the pea sized brain of o'meara

Posted by: Laughing ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:24PM

"pea sized brain of o'meara" - excellent.

Remember, "Only from the MIND of MINOLTA"?

The next time MOM is ultra-lame (so, today), it can be, "Only From The (pea-sized) Mind of O'Meara."

Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:34PM

Laughing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chad:
>
> Thanks for the detailed update on WTL. That level
> of attention to his activities would certainly
> support the notion that HE'S obsessed with YOU.
>
> Or not, perhaps.
>
> Sheesh.

Level of attention noticing that someone is desperately trying to assume your name is all that difficult? Really? I'm glad you are now obsessing over me too, seeing as how you need to report out on your feelings and observations!

OH GOD WE ARE ALL OBSESSED WITH EACHOTHER!

Posted by: In that case... ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:37PM

GO ON, GIT! I gotta bend over.

Posted by: YoungDCian ()
Date: February 10, 2011 03:42PM

Just when I thought I was out...

I tried to avoid all things O'Meara but when I read a DCRTV mailsack comment this morning, it pulled me back in. I'll point out two things, 1. I have it on good authority that the K&M show will be over by the end of Q1 if the ratings (M 25-54) don't change, 2. Mike is feeling the pinch and getting desperate. So what's step one in O'Meara's plan of action, spam DCRTV with K&M "fan mail"! Take a look at the comment below, notice the O'Meara trademark catchphrases like: "bring the funny" and calling the program a "variety show". Top that off with a SportsTalk 570 mention and you've got a festering pile of O'Meara droppings that reek of desperation! Looks as though this may have been an O'Meara/Spewak production, Rob(b) posts a comment and Mike tag teams him a little while later. A one-two punch of failure!

DCRTV Post:
"[All of you need to get on the bandwagon here, first you bitch about no good radio in the morning, then you offer up a perfect partnership with Kirk&Mike, then you don't listen and the ratings tank. Listen to Kirk&Mike- We might actually get to keep them on the radio for awhile.] Amen sister! Kirk and Mike bring the funny each and every morning. Would not mind if the dug a little deeper, music-wise it tends to be a tight rotation of the same stuff in the morning. Actually the evening/overnight DJ's at 105.9 do pull out some gems from time to time. I think there IS good radio in the morning now. With K&M doing their variety show mixed with classic rock. If I need an engaging and entertaining take on what happened in sports the night before, we now have Steve Czaben on Sporting News Radio (570 AM). Thus I think it's a good time in DC for morning radio. I hope K&M and Czabe can keep their gigs going (2/10/11)"

Sorry for the lengthy rant, but this comment is so thinly veiled they both should have just signed their names to it.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 10, 2011 03:53PM

Yabels Wrote:
> I'M obsessed with 99 pages of unstoppable MOM
> hate. Keep it going and we'll win the Internets.

I think Cary increased the number of posts per page from 50 to 100 a few months back. There was a time when this thread was 80+ pages long and then it dropped back into the 40's one day. So it's really almost 200 pages.

Date: February 10, 2011 04:36PM

o'meara does seem to be a very unfunny dude these days relying on morning zoo cliches and its insincerity( i.e. the big fake laugh)
i'd listen to a Kirk solo show with shamrock I just find listening with o'meara in the mix annoying. Plus The Edge needs a bigger playlist!

funny i like czaban but when his old show got cancelled i fell out of the habit and keep forgetting to listen to his new morning show on 570 am

Date: February 10, 2011 05:31PM

Mike just keeps dragging his same ol' tired comedy formula out every time he cracks the mic. He is sooo ready for retirement, except for the financial part! Take a look at Don, he still has his morning zoo style comedy, but he is able to keep it relevant and listenable, have you seen his ratings recently?

I agree that "The Edge's" boring, researched playlists are killing the listenership of the station overall, but if K&M were a good morning show, there would be decent ratings in that daypart. Back in the salad days of the D&M show, they used to spin records, until it became apparent that people were listening to the show and not the music.

I just wish the fat fuck would TRY, become the new Jack Diamond, or do Hot talk, or whatever, just fucking TRY! It looks like his efforts are currently focused on selling t shirts, "bonus shows" and spamming DCRTV.

I think the 570 reference was just a knock at JFK, how petty.

MIKE: Break out of the funk you are in and reinvent yourself, it's your only chance!
Equation.jpg

Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:54PM

The first part of the podcast is actually worth listening to today. Mike gets bitchy with Oscar -- and Oscar walks out! (But he comes back after Mike apologizes.)

Of course, the rest of the show sucks, as usual.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:59PM

http://www.mikeomearashow.com/2011/02/cobalt-boats-the-276-bowrider/

Oscar got kicked off the MOM show today. Unfortunately, it does not appear permanatn(for Oscar's sake).

I starts at around 4:20 when Oscar seems too loopy from his opiates to go back and forth with mike.

Mike gets pissed and makes a remark about how Oscar has been doing well on "his other show". eventually Mike tells Oscar to go so Oscar leaves.

Mike goes on to question Oscar's priorities and his work ethic. I stopped listening around the 18 min mark right as Oscar came back cause I had to go to the boxing gym but I think this is indicative of deeper tensions.

Maybe somebody will take one for the team and listen to this shit fest and report back.

Oscar, get out now!!!

Posted by: Mr Mystery ()
Date: February 10, 2011 06:01PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> I think Cary increased the number of posts per
> page from 50 to 100 a few months back. There was a
> time when this thread was 80+ pages long and then
> it dropped back into the 40's one day. So it's
> really almost 200 pages.

file.php?40,file=18549,filename=baby-cry

Posted by: BAM ()
Date: February 10, 2011 07:33PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> http://www.mikeomearashow.com/2011/02/cobalt-boats
> -the-276-bowrider/
>
> Oscar got kicked off the MOM show today.
> Unfortunately, it does not appear permanatn(for
> Oscar's sake).
>
> I starts at around 4:20 when Oscar seems too loopy
> from his opiates to go back and forth with mike.
>
> Mike gets pissed and makes a remark about how
> Oscar has been doing well on "his other show".
> eventually Mike tells Oscar to go so Oscar
> leaves.
>
> Mike goes on to question Oscar's priorities and
> his work ethic. I stopped listening around the 18
> min mark right as Oscar came back cause I had to
> go to the boxing gym but I think this is
> indicative of deeper tensions.
>
> Maybe somebody will take one for the team and
> listen to this shit fest and report back.
>
> Oscar, get out now!!!

I went to check it out after seeing comments on Oscar and Chad's Twitter feeds. As usual, Mike blames everyone but himself. The best part is how Oscar walked out, and suddenly Mike was talking about how "I kicked him out of the studio. Bullshit. Here's a post I left on the comments section for that episode. I thought I'd repost it here since the actual comment will probably get purged by Comrade Ronick.

"Goldenboy strikes again. You do realize Oscar’s father has health issues, right? I have never in my life heard such a worthless, self-important, spoiled little bitch in my life. You’re almost 52 years old, and you still haven’t learned to grow up. Why don’t you focus on not getting fired, and not having that massive heart attack you’ve been working on for five decades? Oscar should nave beaten the dogshit out of you."

Posted by: BAM ()
Date: February 10, 2011 07:37PM

Oh, and he couldn't resist a shot at Don. He talked about how he doesn't like being in studio with someone who was "pensive and brooding" and how he "worked with that for a very long time." He wasn't complaining about "pensive and brooding" when it was earning him the money to buy him his fucking house, was he?

What a worthless piece of shit. Fuck Mike.

Posted by: HoneyDipshitCrap ()
Date: February 10, 2011 07:52PM

What an asshole. I checked how many Facebook members clicked "Like" for the last 5 episodes of the Mike O'Meara Show. It came out to an average of 37 per day.

As of now, over 90 people have clicked "Like" for the Facebook page dedicated to helping Don's producer, Carmichael Dave, get his Facebook page back. Even in the insignificant world of Facebook popularity, Don beats Mike nearly 3 to 1.

Date: February 10, 2011 08:18PM

That was something, wasn't it, guys? I mean, I'm no huge fan of Oscar, but the guy's been dealing with his father being very ill, then he gets rear ended in a car accident. So he had to take some pain meds, and he's a little out of it. No reason for Mike to be such a jerk about it.

Mike was probably in a bad mood because he knows he's going to be canned from The Edge soon. His shot at Oscar about "having other interests that are more important" was really below the belt.

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:20PM

See,,, just when all's quiet on the MOM front for a month or two he comes through for us and provides some fodder for the thread,,,,

Update

I just went to itunes to listen to todays show and it's not there,,,hmmmmmm

Update II

It is on the MOM website

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 08:28PM by Hatemotor.

Date: February 10, 2011 08:23PM

Lady Baltimore Wrote:
> That was something, wasn't it, guys? I mean, I'm
> no huge fan of Oscar, but the guy's been dealing
> with his father being very ill, then he gets rear
> ended in a car accident. So he had to take some
> pain meds, and he's a little out of it. No reason
> for Mike to be such a jerk about it.
>
> Mike was probably in a bad mood because he knows
> he's going to be canned from The Edge soon. His
> shot at Oscar about "having other interests that
> are more important" was really below the belt.

What could possibly be more important than wasting his time on that failcast? Oh, yeah...pretty much anything else.

Posted by: Pensive & Brooding ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:23PM

Better than FAT & LAZY, Mike O.
Sure hope someone gets that audio to Don.
Maybe he'll play it like Buzz's dig at him a month or so ago.
Boy, Mike is one jealous S.O.B., eh?????????????????????????

I wish Don would cut loose with what he REALLY thinks of TMOMS failcast.

Date: February 10, 2011 08:35PM

I noticed that Mike also managed to remind Oscar that doing the podcast was his (Oscar's) idea.

Noticed the dig at Don too. Wow, Mike was really in bitch mode today.

Date: February 10, 2011 08:38PM

Lady Baltimore Wrote:

> Noticed the dig at Don too. Wow, Mike was really
> in bitch mode today.

I'd be bitchy too if I was about to get fired from my job and knew it.

Posted by: HoneyDipCrisp ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:50PM

I'm one of Mike's biggest defenders, BUT, his treatment of Oscar today was DESPICABLE.
Absolute lack of empathy for anyone but himself is something of a running joke with Mike, but a mean-spirited attack on someone just beginning recovery from a serious auto accident is just too ugly to try and understand. Occasionally I get a glimpse of the real asshole that makes O'Meara so unpopular here. If I was O'Meara, I'd be crafting the mother of all apologies.

Posted by: Mike's Couch ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:53PM

"I kicked him out of the studio" - Mike O'Meara.

It is not a "studio" you douche, it is your living room. You live in a pretend world.

Mike O'Meara

Date: February 10, 2011 09:12PM

HoneyDipCrisp Wrote:
> I'm one of Mike's biggest defenders, BUT, his
> treatment of Oscar today was DESPICABLE.
> Absolute lack of empathy for anyone but himself is
> something of a running joke with Mike, but a
> mean-spirited attack on someone just beginning
> recovery from a serious auto accident is just too
> ugly to try and understand. Occasionally I get a
> glimpse of the real asshole that makes O'Meara so
> unpopular here. If I was O'Meara, I'd be crafting
> the mother of all apologies.

^^^Yeah, HDC, I'm a actually a fan of your "work" on this thread. A good troll is always a pleasure to watch.

That having been said, I think you really touched on something here with the "lack of empathy" comment.

I'm not an Oscar cheerleader by any means, but the dude has an aging father who is seriously ill and in addition to that Oscar is apparantly in a lot of pain and doped up on opiates and Mike still won't cut him a break.

Mike your not king of the world anymore. You need to take other people into account now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 09:13PM by TheNorthman.

Posted by: We'll See... ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:13PM

I will positively laugh my ass off if O'Meara gets fired from The Edge just as this thread reaches 100 pages.

That will probably also mean the demise of the pretend radio show. I wonder what will happen to all those folks that signed up for the year long package of so-called bonus shows and other garbage for $100??? Maybe they'll learn a lesson not to buy snake-oil anymore. lol

Posted by: mr deez ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:42PM

Lady Baltimore Wrote:
> Mike was probably in a bad mood because he knows
> he's going to be canned from The Edge soon. His
> shot at Oscar about "having other interests that
> are more important" was really below the belt.

Well of course Big O and Dukes is more important...When Chad's contract is up this summer, if they so choose they could probably shop themselves somewhere (Phoenix?) and get back on the air as BOAD. Whether you like Chad or not, it's a much better choice to hitch your wagon to him than Mike O'Meara.

The MOMS podcast really doesn't have hope of getting back on the air in a major market in the talk show format. BOAD is still young and they actually have a work ethic in their craft, not just sitting around a living room trying to relive glory days. BOAD is probably fighting a losing battle (look at their track record), but hey, they're still trying and they're still fresh and that counts for a lot.

It's probably too late for Robbay and Buzz, but maybe these outbursts will open their eyes; MOMS is a sinking ship. Time to get off was a long time ago.

Posted by: O'Meara hits new low ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:13AM

Just listened to the 'show' with the link above. Wow, Mike is a total ass and a bad bully. His treatment of Oscar was dreadful. He plays it off as 'real life' but it IS only for him. And then the cracks at Don. No chance Don fires back. He's got more class than that, and besides Mike is in his rear view mirror. Yes, Don only has the #4 rated show in less than a year and a tv gig on a CBS station daily. Guess that what pensive and brooding is worth these days. While Mike continues to podcast from his living room. What a backstabbing no talent ass hole. I hope Oscar quits, he is much better on BOAD.

Posted by: DingDing ()
Date: February 11, 2011 02:22AM

I make more money than Mike, Rob, or Buzz

Burger-King-Employee.jpg

Date: February 11, 2011 09:36AM

Mike's verbal attack on Oscar was so disturbing I just unsubscribed from TMOMS, and then checked the podcast ratings:

The Mike O'Meara Show - #120 - AN ALL-TIME LOW. Apparently I'm not the only O'Meara fan who thinks he crossed the decency line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 09:36AM by HoneyDipCrisp.

Posted by: Mike's last listener ()
Date: February 11, 2011 11:29AM

Jesus, man his behavior is beyond diva dimensions. That outburst at Oscar was total shit, and the dig at Don was uncalled for. MIKE sounds and acts like the people he criticizes. Oscar should just quit and Don should pull back the curtain and talk about the work ethic of one Mr O'Meara and his lifestyle. MIKE O'ASSHOLE. And according to dcrtv.com, his limp dick classic rock morning show is rated #22. He should just STFU and wait to get fired.

Date: February 11, 2011 12:23PM

I would love to see Don absolutely destroy Mike in a good ole' fashioned DJ war. It would be like watching Mike Tyson beat up the Truffle Shuffle kid from Goonies. Like somebody else said, though, Mike and the Failcast crew are in Don's rear-view mirror. He probably won't even know about what was said unless someone mentions it to him. Don's moved on. Too bad Mike refuses to.

Let's not forget that without Mr. Pensive and Brooding, the highlight of Mike's broadcasting career would have been his stint as "Nick Sticker." The prize van driver who gave out money to people with WAVA bumper stickers on their cars. The only success Mike has ever had in his life was when his name was attached to Don Geronimo's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 04:50PM by HoneyDipshitCrap.

Date: February 11, 2011 12:25PM

What I don't get is why everyone is so surprised...

The guy is a douche, he has always been and will continue to be until the day he meets his maker. His on air persona is NOT an act, that's pure Mike (with slightly more energy). If Mike manages to stay awake for the entirety of the program, that's a win in his book, fuck being civil.

Mike's treatment of Oscar is just Mike being Mike, plain and simple. He hates anyone who he perceives to be doing better than he is (which is almost everyone at this point) and will exercise any imagined authority he has over people to make himself feel better.

If Mike were a chimp he would have ripped someone's face off long ago and been euthanized. My point is, don't be so surprised when the beast reveals it's true nature.
Attachments:
Jackass.jpg

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: February 11, 2011 03:47PM

Mike's last listener Wrote:
> Jesus, man his behavior is beyond diva dimensions.
> That outburst at Oscar was total shit, and the dig
> at Don was uncalled for. MIKE sounds and acts like
> the people he criticizes. Oscar should just quit
> and Don should pull back the curtain and talk
> about the work ethic of one Mr O'Meara and his
> lifestyle. MIKE O'ASSHOLE. And according to
> dcrtv.com, his limp dick classic rock morning show
> is rated #22. He should just STFU and wait to get
> fired.

I was PRAYING that Oscar wouldn't come back after he walked off. PRAYING. And of course the two sycophants Robb and Buzz didn't have anything to say in Oscar's defense. It was just "everybody's supposed to be happy!"

The show has hit a new low. Fuuuuuck them.

Posted by: Mike ??? ()
Date: February 11, 2011 04:22PM

Mr Pensive & Brooding just had about the most moving call I've ever heard when he cold called a hotel in Egypt and had a dude crying about freedom and how 9/11 was not their doing. Trump that, fat fuck OMera.

Date: February 11, 2011 05:53PM

Having trouble getting to sleep?

Watch this extremely tedious shillfest, hosted by recently deceased, former radio newsman "Buzz Burbank".

Date: February 11, 2011 08:47PM

Hey, Buzz, 1978 called. It want's the paneling in your rec room back.

Posted by: Sacramento listener ()
Date: February 11, 2011 09:04PM

Small note today when Don was talking about his old radio dayz he referred to Mike as "the guy I used to work with" more than once. I think based on that he knows what Mike had to say about him. Good job, Donni!

Date: February 11, 2011 09:14PM

YoungDCian Wrote:
> Having trouble getting to sleep?
>
> Watch this extremely tedious shillfest, hosted by
> recently deceased, former radio newsman "Buzz
> Burbank".
>
>

That there is some grade A editing and camera work. That $50 budget was well spent.

Date: February 11, 2011 09:17PM

Radio show about to be canceled. Oscar on the verge of leaving. This thread approaching 100 pages...

51GVJRE9P4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...The SS O'Meara is taking on water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Gale Force Winds Expected ()
Date: February 11, 2011 09:24PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Radio show about to be canceled. Oscar on the
> verge of leaving. This thread approaching 100
> pages...
>
>
>
> ...The SS O'Meara is taking on water.

Welcome back. Very incisive insight.

Date: February 11, 2011 09:33PM

Gale Force Winds Expected Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Radio show about to be canceled. Oscar on the
> > verge of leaving. This thread approaching 100
> > pages...
> >
> >
> >
> > ...The SS O'Meara is taking on water.
>
>
> Welcome back. Very incisive insight.

Thanks. I thought it was important to demonstrate to my critics that this thread is moving on its own without my help. In fact, my critics have probably pushed this thread along more than the MOM critics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: February 11, 2011 09:42PM

I wonder how many posts away we are from the magic page 100 post?

Date: February 11, 2011 09:44PM

Hatemotor Wrote:
> I wonder how many posts away we are from the magic
> page 100 post?

I don't know. I just wonder why a "business whiz" like Oscar is renting an apartment at $3K a month when that would buy a pretty damn nice house in this current market. Seems pretty fucking stupid to me.

Date: February 11, 2011 09:44PM

Yeah, things could get interesting in the world of MOM,(for us at least).

Do we really know that Mike is on the verge of getting canned from his 105.9 gig?

And with Oscar now charging for podcasts with BOAD, it's safe to say that Oscar realizes that MOM is even more irrelevant now.

And of course Oscar is the only one that has any business and technical knowldge on that crew.

Date: February 11, 2011 09:47PM

BOAD is officially competing for listener dollars,,I can't imagine many, if any, people paying for both shows bonus content

Date: February 11, 2011 09:48PM

TheNorthman Wrote:

>
> And of course Oscar is the only one that has any
> business and technical knowldge on that crew.

Okay. Let me lay waste to this claim that Oscar is some sort of business genius.

The first rule of business is "time is money." If Oscar makes the amount of money some on here have claimed, he should be billing about $150 an hour. So he commits two to three prime hours during the work day to sit in Mike's living room? For, what, MAYBE $5 an hour?

That's not good business. And, frankly, a good business man would find a nice way to tell MOM to fuck off, not the other way around as happened during the show.

Date: February 11, 2011 09:54PM

I think Oscar has a nest egg that allows him to work as much or little as he wants
with the compensation varying by endeavor,,,he may make a mostly commission based income which would allow him to work odd hours

Date: February 11, 2011 10:06PM

>
> Okay. Let me lay waste to this claim that Oscar is > some sort of business genius.
>
> The first rule of business is "time is money." If Oscar makes the amount of money some on here have > claimed, he should be billing about $150 an hour.
So he commits two to three prime hours during the work day to sit in Mike's living room? For, what,

> MAYBE $5 an hour?
>
> That's not good business. And, frankly, a good business man would find a nice way to tell MOM to fuck off, not the other way around as happened during the show.

Here is part of the post I made the below post on 2/1/2011.

TheNorthman Wrote:
> If Oscar is making so much $$$ selling Mangrates
> or iPhone apps why would he take 3+ hours away
> from his business everyday to do the failcast
> unless he thought there was a possible payoff down
> the road?
>
> As a startup entrepreneur Oscar’s time IS money.
> Especially when you consider that the time Oscar
> spends on the Failcast is right in the middle of
> the day.
>
> So the question still stands. Why would Oscar
> spend so much time on the Failcast and thus take
> time away from his lucrative startup business,
> being such a money maker and the Failcast
> isn’t.
>

> My answer is much simpler. His start up business
> is not nearly as profitable as he wants everyone
> to think. So he’s really not giving up all that
> much by participating in the Failcast. Therefore,
> the possible long term payoffs with MOM make it a
> reasonable short term investment of time even when
> taking into consideration what that time could
> otherwise be spent on. i.e. selling Mangrates or
> iPhone apps.

I'm not trying to reignite the shitfest about Oscar's $$$$ again though. All I’m saying is that, in my opinion, Oscar is the only one with ANY businesses or technical acumen in that group, which isn’t necessarily saying much.

Date: February 11, 2011 10:11PM

TheNorthman Wrote:

>
> I'm not trying to reignite the shitfest about
> Oscar's $$$$ again though. All I’m saying is
> that, in my opinion, Oscar is the only one with
> ANY businesses or technical acumen in that group,
> which isn’t necessarily saying much.

I know lots of people in business who talk a big fucking game and drive around in leased luxury vehicles. They never have the money to back up their bullshit. Oscar strikes me as one of these guys.

Date: February 11, 2011 10:15PM

On todays show they had some boring motherfucker on talking about apps,,,
Doesn't Oscar make money doing apps too

Mike: "The internet is amazing"

Really?

Date: February 11, 2011 10:22PM

It was funny when Mike got all excited about the card counting app, and asked the guy "that ones a dollar too right!" and was bummed when the guy told him $2.99,,,

Now he knows what his "fans" feel like paying for bonus shows

Date: February 11, 2011 10:37PM

> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
>
>
> Thanks. I thought it was important to demonstrate
> to my critics that this thread is moving on its
> own without my help. In fact, my critics have
> probably pushed this thread along more than the
> MOM critics.

YES! There's no denying that you've accomplished something very important for the American People, and really, all of Western Civilization.

MY THREE AMERICAN HEROS, IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:

#3. Jonas Salk, for his development of the vaccine that eradicated polio.
#2. Michael DeBakey, for his pioneering work in open heart surgery.
#1. WashingTone-Locian, for creating a DJ bashing internet forum.

Date: February 11, 2011 10:44PM

Well, it is the most popular thread in the history of FFXU,,,and your posting on it,,,

Date: February 11, 2011 11:19PM

I can't believe the guys haven't gotton rich from the cartoon yet,,
No one even mentions it anymore but they're still making them,,

Date: February 11, 2011 11:43PM

>
> I don't know. I just wonder why a "business whiz"
> like Oscar is renting an apartment at $3K a month
> when that would buy a pretty damn nice house in
> this current market. Seems pretty fucking stupid
> to me.

Welcome back. I am glad you managed to remember the password for this account again. Oscar isn't renting and it isn't for 3k a month. Those assumptions seem pretty fucking stupid to me.

>I know lots of people in business who talk a big fucking game and drive around in leased luxury vehicles. They never have the money to back up their bullshit. Oscar strikes me as one of these guys.

Odd enough that Oscar apparently does have the money though. Weird.

Posted by: tefd18777 ()
Date: February 12, 2011 01:41AM

I think when the 100th page hits, there is going to be a major plot twist. WashingTone-Locian will reveal himself as either Mike O.Meara or as Elliot Segal. Tune in shortly to find out.

Date: February 12, 2011 04:18AM

THE WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN: Mike bullies Oscar, and gets bitten by Karma.

#74 - BIG O and DUKES SHOW

#114 - THE DON GERONIMO SHOW

#127 - THE MIKE O'MEARA SHOW (How low will it go?)

Congratulations Oscar and Don Fans!

Date: February 12, 2011 04:20AM

I thought WTL was Ken Beatrice.

Listened to the LFF show in which he kicks the Big O out. Geez, don't robbay and/or buzz have any balls to tell the LFF to cut the ego shit out. Get some dignity for gawd sakes. I mean if the failcast tanks you'd have that at least.

Date: February 12, 2011 08:51AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:

> Welcome back. I am glad you managed to remember
> the password for this account again. Oscar isn't
> renting and it isn't for 3k a month. Those
> assumptions seem pretty fucking stupid to me.
>

ChadIsFat wrote that four days ago. It's not my assumption.

>
> Odd enough that Oscar apparently does have the
> money though. Weird.

"Apparently," is right. Huge qualifier. Too much doesn't add up for the guy to be some big money guru. Just a poser.

Date: February 12, 2011 08:53AM

Correction:

HoneyDipCrisp Wrote:
> THE WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN: Mike bullies Oscar,
> and gets bitten by Kara.
>
> #74 - BIG O and DUKES SHOW
>
> #114 - THE DON GERONIMO SHOW
>
> #127 - THE MIKE O'MEARA SHOW (How low will it go?)
>
>
> Congratulations Oscar and Don Fans!

Date: February 12, 2011 09:46AM

> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----

> >
>
> ChadIsFat wrote that four days ago. It's not my
> assumption.
>
>
>
> "Apparently," is right. Huge qualifier. Too much
> doesn't add up for the guy to be some big money
> guru. Just a poser.

The fact that he can afford those things points to evidence that he can't?

Honestly though, I am glad you were able to remember your password after being logged in as ChadlsFat for so long. This way you can continue to post here and actually make them interested in a show that otherwise no one would give a crap about.

I would never listen to MoM but now I downloaded 2 of the episodes due what people here are saying.

Posted by: Homeless Mike ()
Date: February 12, 2011 09:54AM

Any day now.

Mike O'Meara

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: February 12, 2011 02:51PM

Kind of getting to the party late on Mikes dis Donni episode but I did listen to it.

Mike needs his ass kicked along with Rob and Buzz. Oscar could probably do em all even on tranqs.

What was that about 15:40 in Mike questioning if anyone in his 29 years of broadcasting has ever walked out on a show and not come back...? And he was fucking serious!? What a scum bag. Then Buzz chimes in and hangs himself answering Mike stating that he has never done it, Robs never done it. Cheap ass way to read between the lines. I think Buzz still has shit in him from when his colon blew out. I'm sure Don would laugh his ass off if he ever heard it. So I sent it to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 02:54PM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Don and Mike old Fan ()
Date: February 12, 2011 03:45PM

They DID walk out, in 2001, when Opie and Anthony refused to step aside and let WNEW broadcast Don and Mike live, from 3-7.

They played "best of" for the rest of the day. Bullshit, Mike! You did in Jan 2001!!!! I listened to it 3 days ago! (The Don and Mike show, not the Oscar episode).

Posted by: correction ()
Date: February 12, 2011 03:58PM

In 1991 or whenever, every decision made on D&M was Don's. Many times Mike was dragging his tail along. Maybe in Mike's dillusional mind he thinks because Don called the shots HE hasn't walked out...besides....a podcast is not a broadcast!

Date: February 12, 2011 04:06PM

Don knows saying anything about MOM or starting a "DJ War" would only help,,,,

So if a war does start up ,we know Don and Mike are still friends,,,if Don says nothing, he hates him

The silence will be deafening

Posted by: This just in at RGF, so... ()
Date: February 12, 2011 04:07PM

it's gotta be true. There is a some guy maned Joe on line defending Mike and saying Don is over the line for referring to Mike as 'THE GUY I USED TO WORK WITH." That's much better than the blame on Don for being "PENSIVE AND BROODING, AND I WORKED WITH THAT FOR A LONG TIME AND I DIDN'T LIKE IT THEN AND I DON'T LIKE IT NOW", isn't it?
Do any folks here ever read/post in the almost defunct RGF?

Date: February 12, 2011 04:10PM

There are no more "Radio Gods"

The "Gods" are dead,,,,

Date: February 12, 2011 04:32PM

Just checked out the new BOAD website,,,if that doesn't send Mike over the edge
I'll be surprised,,,

I notice all the changes took place after fridays MOM show

Posted by: MSM Jobber ()
Date: February 12, 2011 05:11PM

Before you start that. BOAD had been talking about updates to their website, and even said to keep checking because of the changes. This has nothing to do with anything that happened last week.

Posted by: Oscar the couch ()
Date: February 12, 2011 05:15PM

It is time for Oscar to leave Mike's couch and start working more on BOAD. Mike's alcoholic rage-out is the perfect excuse for Oscar to get the hell out of there with his dignity intact. He won't get another opportunity like this for a long time.

Oscar is a smart enough guy to know that hanging around old, bitter, Mike and the rest of those losers is just going to bring down any efforts he makes with BOAD.

Oscar has enough to deal with in his own personal life, he doesn’t need Mike’s daily b.s. added to it.

He is damaging and weaking his own "Brand" by staying with Mike.

Now is the time for Oscar to punch out and start putting all of his energy into a show that can, and will, be successful – BOAD.

Date: February 12, 2011 06:51PM

MSM Jobber Wrote:
> Before you start that. BOAD had been talking
> about updates to their website, and even said to
> keep checking because of the changes. This has
> nothing to do with anything that happened last
> week.

I meant that the sites changes happened at the end of the week so Oscar wouldn't have to listen to MOM bitch about it, not because of last weeks incident,,,

If MOM notices it this weekend,( and he won't unless someone(Rob(b) tells him),
he'll have a couple days to get over it,,,,(which he won't be able to)

Date: February 12, 2011 09:51PM

Between Don coming back on radio, tv, streaming and BOAD being more successful than TMOMS, I see a time in Mike's not too distant future where he'll be holding up traffic standing on the Duke Ellington bridge. Probably around the time Don Debuts in the top ten when back on at WJFK.

Date: February 12, 2011 09:51PM

If I had to carry the water for a fat and lazy fuck like Mike, I'd be "pensive and brooding" too.

Date: February 12, 2011 10:00PM

> If I had to carry the water for a fat and lazy
> fuck like Mike, I'd be "pensive and brooding" too.

No shit. And his back handed reference to Don walking away from the show after 20 years and not coming back is really something to behold.

Here's a guy (Mike) who has walked away from every meaningful responsibility in his life. Not put out hardly an ounce of effort in anything he's set out to accomplish himself. Bitching at others for lack of effort and attitude. It would have been funny as hell to see Oscar pimp slap the stupid fat fuck all doped up on pain killers. I doubt if Rob and buzz would have been men enough to stop the ass whipping.

Date: February 12, 2011 10:40PM

I never bothered to buy the MOM bonus show but I bought the new BOAD bonus podcast so Oscar can feel like the swinging dick in the room next week,,,he will know if the BOAD bonus shows made more than MOM's bonus show

Could be awkward if Mike demands to know how much BOAD made on their bonus hour

Date: February 13, 2011 01:09AM

MSM Jobber Wrote:
> Before you start that. BOAD had been talking
> about updates to their website, and even said to
> keep checking because of the changes. This has
> nothing to do with anything that happened last
> week.

I appreciate you bringing facts into the discussion. It seems that negative wishful thinking often trumps the truth on this site.

Posted by: A Former Fan ()
Date: February 13, 2011 03:01AM

Ok so I used to be a fan of the Don and Mike Show way back in the late 80s and 90s. In fact I stopped listening Dec 91. Then when WAVA changed switched to 107.3. Anyway I just read about Don's wife that is awful. Anyway so I'm to understand some things. Don and Mike stopped being friends I amuse ? Another thing is what's deal with the page getting to 100 ? Just wondering thanks if someone could answer I would appreciate it.

Date: February 13, 2011 03:07AM

you stopped listening some 20 years ago and now you want to be filled in?

Perhaps you should venture out to old towne Manassas and go to O'Meara's bar and ask the history

Oh and Don lives in Sacramento now

Date: February 13, 2011 06:59AM

wally pip Wrote:
> you stopped listening some 20 years ago and now
> you want to be filled in?
>
> Perhaps you should venture out to old towne
> Manassas and go to O'Meara's bar and ask the
> history
>
> Oh and Don lives in Sacramento now

Yeah I did I moved away. I did not mean any disrespect I was just scrolling down the forum list looking for the one about my friends son who was murdered. "Stabbing in Rosehill " .. Anyway It was just curiosity they seemed like really good friends and from what I have read on here, sounded like when he retired from there show that the friendship retired too. I don't drink so as nice as I'm sure his bar is Ill have to pass. But thanks 4 telling me. Yes I can read without help with Hooked on Phonics, I know he is in California.

Date: February 13, 2011 07:43AM

There's a site that has audio of the don and mike show you can listen to stuff during their wjfk days. I forget what it is. Perchance someone might remind us? Please? radio gods something?

too me their best days at wjfk were from 1992 to roughly 2000 or so

after miss Freda's death Donnie g. kind of was going through the motions a lot of the time
Donnie G. was always captain of that ship but someohow in that synergy that takes place sometimes Don and Mike could be funny
somehow O'meara got an inflated opinion of his skills despite extremely poor work habits and acting like a spoiled brat(perhaps the reason this place has lasted so long. he continually does ego driven crap)

Date: February 13, 2011 10:12AM

HoneyDipCrisp Wrote:
> MSM Jobber Wrote:
> -----
> > Before you start that. BOAD had been talking
> > about updates to their website, and even said
> to
> > keep checking because of the changes. This has
> > nothing to do with anything that happened last
> > week.
>
> I appreciate you bringing facts into the
> discussion. It seems that negative wishful
> thinking often trumps the truth on this site.

It should be pointed out that the majority of the "wishful thinking" on this thread has turned out to be true.

- Mike's WJFK show being canceled? Check
- Mike getting into financial trouble over the podcast despite his claims to be set financially? Check
- Mike's Edge show being a creative and ratings abortion? Check
- Mike taking everyone down with him with the failcast? Check

For the most part, the inaccuracies have been about the timing of these calamities, not the calamities themselves.

Posted by: This one goes out to Ungrateful ()
Date: February 13, 2011 10:44AM

Hey dummy, if you are going to post the same shit in multiple threads, remember which threads people helped you in and those that called you out. Here, it has been both.

>>>>"Yes I can read without help with Hooked on Phonics, I know he is in California."

So, if you can read, you would have no trouble going to Wikipedia and typing in Don and Mike Show, or even Don Geronimo...

Also cut the "little lost doe" act... that cutesy shit doesn't fly in this thread.

Posted by: Welcome to the 21st century ()
Date: February 13, 2011 10:48AM

Except she purportedly didn't know what Wikipedia is until someone on the other thread clued her in by referring to "Don's Wiki".

Posted by: MSM Jobber ()
Date: February 13, 2011 01:19PM

>
>
> It should be pointed out that the majority of the
> "wishful thinking" on this thread has turned out
> to be true.
>
> - Mike's WJFK show being canceled? Check
> - Mike getting into financial trouble over the
> podcast despite his claims to be set financially?
> Check
> - Mike's Edge show being a creative and ratings
> abortion? Check
> - Mike taking everyone down with him with the
> failcast? Check
>
> For the most part, the inaccuracies have been
> about the timing of these calamities, not the
> calamities themselves.

To be honest, I'm not from the DC area, so I never heard much of Don and Mike past '96, so I missed out on a lot of what happened with Freida. (I know what happened, I just mean that I missed out on a lot of the drama and problems that most people over here seem to have with Mike and the show.)

When I tried to get back to the D&M show about a year ago, imagine my surprise. I do try to catch all of the podcasts from Don G and Big O and Dukes.

As for Mike, I missed out on the solo WJFK show, and I won't stream the EDGE on the Iphone. So I come to this from a difference perspective than most of you do. I still enjoy the MOM podcast and think that as an ensemble show, it's pretty entertaining. Since I do catch all of the shows, I might jump in if I see something different.

Sorry about being long-winded, just trying to give a long message to get us to page 100. Last, I don't think that BOAD and MOMS are making a lot of money, I think that both groups just want to last long enough for the markets to change and get back on real radio.

Finally, I don't think that the Oscar is going to be "pulled down" by this show, and that people will always associate him with Chad. I don't think that Robb and Buzz are being "pulled down" because I don't think that they have anywhere else to go.

Date: February 13, 2011 04:52PM

I'm wondering if it's time to start the "When's Oscar leaving the show pool"

Also what happens first,,.MOM crew get a radio gig or BOAD get a radio gig

I say Oscars gone in 90 days max,,,probably Mike will boot him

The second one is easy,,,BOAD

I just hope it's not on Sirius because I need a podcast to listen,,,also terrestrial radio needs some talent on it somewhere, it's a wasteland right now

Date: February 13, 2011 05:03PM

MSM Jobber Wrote:
> Sorry about being long-winded, just trying to give
> a long message to get us to page 100. Last, I
> don't think that BOAD and MOMS are making a lot of
> money, I think that both groups just want to last
> long enough for the markets to change and get back
> on real radio.

I don't think the length of the posts make any difference. I'm pretty sure that every hundred posts=1 page. So that means this thread is about 10 posts away.

As for Hatmotor's suggestion that we start a "when will oscar come to his senses" survey; I think 90 days is too long. My guess is less than a month.

And BOAD will get a show before TMOS gets back on air.

Posted by: Oscar the couch ()
Date: February 13, 2011 05:23PM

I think now is a good time for Oscar to get out of there. If he leaves now, everyone is going to blame Mike and his rage. It makes Mike look like the jerk and Oscar the underdog. If Oscar let's things cool off for a couple of weeks, and then abandons ship, it is going to make him look like the jerk and Mike the victim. You know that Mike will be piling it on at that time as well and he will play up the whole "poor me" versus "evil oscar" act.

I also think the timing of the anit-Oscar posts on this board are highly suspicious. Just a day or two before Mike attacks Oscar on air he is attacked on this board. Hmmmm..... So far, this board has been pretty nice to Oscar. I really wonder if it wasn't Mike in a drunken rage posting on here.

Besides, if Oscar leaves now while there is a feud and Mike is the jerk, he can talk about all the behind the scenes stuff that happened with Mike, Buzz, and Rob. That would be ratings gold for BOAD! I would buy a years pass to hear that dirt.

Date: February 13, 2011 05:33PM

Dukes's contract with "the fan" may get re-newed with a nice increase for Chad if they think his side project could lead to a better offer elsewhere,,,

the BOAD podcast may be creating leverage for Chad but it only helps Oscar if they get a new gig for BOAD

I still think that if Don gets syndicated it will help the MOM crew get an offer from a competing station,,,,it's not out of the question

Idiots are in charge of terrestrial radio right now
Attachments:
untitled.bmp

Date: February 13, 2011 05:34PM

^^^True dat. If Oscar and Dukes dedicated a podcast just taking us behind the curtain of the failcast that would be quite entertaining.

To your second point; I love a good conspiracy theory but I don't think any of the people attacking Oscar's business credentials were MOM people in disguise. I know I'm not.

WTL, are you really Buzz or Rob?

Posted by: wetcheese ()
Date: February 13, 2011 05:58PM

Mike O'Meara show sucks the whiteheads out of my ass pimples

Date: February 13, 2011 06:15PM

BFF
Attachments:
BFF.jpg

Date: February 13, 2011 06:19PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> BFF

He REALLY doesn't need to poof his hair up so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2011 06:19PM by ChadIsFat.

Date: February 13, 2011 07:11PM

The harder you try to prove nothings wrong, the more likely there is something wrong

Date: February 13, 2011 08:18PM

Hatemotor Wrote:
> The harder you try to prove nothings wrong, the
> more likely there is something wrong

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at here, but this pic was taken a while ago.

I pulled it from http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeomearashow/

I think I will listen to the podcast tomorrow just to see if the meltdown comes

Date: February 13, 2011 08:38PM

Wow.. You all don't hold back with the mean comments.. I could see if I had come on and were disrespectful to the topic or you all the fans and the ones who are not fans. I asked a few simple questions. Was not trying to be "Cutesy".. Just Being me. I try to have a positive attitude on life. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions, :) ... Though I have to admit still not understanding what is suppose to happen when it gets to a 100?

Date: February 13, 2011 09:09PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> TheNorthman Wrote:
> -----
> > BFF
>
>
> He REALLY doesn't need to poof his hair up so
> much.

I give him credit for not having a fucking faux-hawk. No need to go to douchebag levels.

Posted by: Magic Johnson ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:15PM

A Former Fan says " I try to have a positive attitude..."

Me too buddy, me too. BTW buddy, if I get in a accident and start bleeding all over the place, just step away o.k. just step away.

Posted by: onehundy ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:27PM

Mike O'Meara show sucks. happy 100

Pages: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.