HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Sacramento Hater ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:29PM

It's just this simple: Women want a man they know will be able to provide for a family and, well the future for MOM is not very bright. He is part of a dying media and he lacks talent, a strong work ethic, and creativity.

A woman of her age needs more security and MOM being a Hack would never measure up...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve Langford ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:32PM

I bet I could FILL her needs...

Posted by: Smitty ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:34PM

What Mike talking about today? I can't listen since my company cracked down on streaming audio at work. I'm sure I am not missing much

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:42PM

He and Carla have called it quits....

Date: May 08, 2009 03:44PM

Carla got what she came for I guess...

Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:45PM

You mean Carla called it quits. The fat load had no say in the matter.

Date: May 08, 2009 03:46PM

I hope she goes on Stern and rides the sybian

Posted by: Willis Jeeps ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:54PM

He is part of a dying media and he lacks talent, a strong work ethic, and creativity.

And he's not funny.

Date: May 08, 2009 03:54PM

Rahrah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He and Carla have called it quits....

That's what they are saying on Radio Gods Forum as well. The only shocking thing is she didn't take half of Mike's house with....oh, never mind. He owes more on it than it is worth.

Date: May 08, 2009 03:57PM

Good news I just checked and www.swarthylopez.com is still available

Date: May 08, 2009 04:02PM

Smitty Wrote:
> Good news I just checked and www.swarthylopez.com
> is still available

Yes, but the real Swarthy Lopez isn't, if you know what I mean ; )

Date: May 08, 2009 04:06PM

When I first read that post last week I thought it was Don's housekeeper :)

Date: May 08, 2009 04:36PM

Now that Carla's left, I'm worried that Mike might start drinking.

Date: May 08, 2009 06:48PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> Now that Carla's left, I'm worried that Mike might
> start drinking.

Har...Har...But I heard there was a shortage of cheap Irish whiskey in the DC area...Plenty of Sterno and Mad Dog 20-20

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: May 08, 2009 08:26PM

> Now that Carla's left, I'm worried that Mike might
> start drinking.

Mike's life has really improved since Don G left. Let's see - no restaurant/bar, no ratings, and now no woman. Whew. I wish I could buy stock in Manassass area ABC stores, cause those profits are going to the moon!!!

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: May 09, 2009 01:01AM

Mr Midget Wrote:
> Eric is this serious? The dumbass midget put out
> a youtube video for all of his "fans" Its f ing
> hilarious
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lIAWGxPfDE

Damn! I'd like to see how far I could hammer throw that little shit

Posted by: youknowhim ()
Date: May 09, 2009 01:03AM

it makes perfect sense Carla dumped him because she will be graduating high school in a few weeks then going away to college and didnt think the long distance relationship would work out

Posted by: Eric the Publicity Whore ()
Date: May 09, 2009 03:00AM

i think he's drumming up publicity by coming here... anyway he got tricked into sending a picture of his cock to someone and now it is all over the web.

Date: May 09, 2009 10:32AM

Eric the Publicity Whore Wrote:
> i think he's drumming up publicity by coming
> here... anyway he got tricked into sending a
> picture of his cock to someone and now it is all
> over the web.

Emember guys, it's a comedy show. So all you guys that come here to make fun of him need to get a life. Its just a comedy bla bla bla bla I'm a short, fat stoopid,midget.

Posted by: Eric the Actor ()
Date: May 09, 2009 12:16PM

I am not a fucking midget you asswipe I am not looking for publicity I am here doing research on dumbasses like you

Posted by: Swarthy Lopez ()
Date: May 09, 2009 02:44PM

All I can say is that this has worked out for me.

Posted by: Swarthy Lopez ()
Date: May 09, 2009 02:55PM

3223382.jpg

Posted by: Swarthys Brother ()
Date: May 09, 2009 06:34PM

FYI My brother Swarthy is not dating Carla. He was turned off by the smell of Jameson and cigarettes near her lovebox
Attachments:
thumbnail.jpg

Date: May 09, 2009 11:55PM

Eric the Actor Wrote:
> I am not a fucking midget you asswipe I am not
> looking for publicity I am here doing research on
> dumbasses like you

Than why do your fingers look like little snauseges?

Posted by: Podunkboy ()
Date: May 10, 2009 12:06AM

Here is a video of me. I am a mod at RGF and I have no power in real life so I talk about the mod hammer and banning people a lot. I think I am cool, but no one over there likes me, I am just too dumb to know it.

Posted by: Eric the Publicity Whore ()
Date: May 10, 2009 02:26AM

you poor miserable "little person", eric. you can do research without posting your awesome stage name. you don't even need to post anything at all. . are you giving up on "acting"? are you now eric the researcher? eric the scientist?

the very first post from you talked about YOU! how YOU tried to call D&M but they didn't want a radio whore like you especially one with nothing to contribute but complaints on trivial issues

come on man no one takes you seriously and you are 0.0% convincing... you soulless hooker.

this is my last post addressed to you in this thread eric. i made a new thread you can find it here: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/186191.html

i encourage everyone else to ignore him in this thread and post all your compliments or questions you may have for eric in the thread i made above. you've hijacked this thread long enough and i for one am not going to help you anymore.

Posted by: BAM ()
Date: May 10, 2009 06:31PM

Wow, the whole Carla thing is news to me since I don't listen anymore. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Mike O'Meara Show, but I won't disrespect him because his girlfriend left him.

Posted by: C.T. ()
Date: May 10, 2009 07:31PM

Re: The Mike O'Meara Show Posted by: Podunkboy ()
Date: May 10, 2009 12:06AM

Here is a video of me. I am a mod at RGF and I have no power in real life so I talk about the mod hammer and banning people a lot. I think I am cool, but no one over there likes me, I am just too dumb to know it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear that in Wichitard Cans-Ass "Podunk" means gay sex rape. So "Podunkboy" must mean "gay raping a boy". That is sick. Let me use it in a sentence "Pee-wee Herman went to jail because he Podunkboy."

Date: May 11, 2009 09:52AM

I think it is funny how Michael Hughes and CK didn't want to have the stress of dealing with Donny G's ego. So, instead, they have to deal with the stress of taking a top-rated station with $50 million in annual billings and driving it to the bottom of the charts with billings in the $15 million range. Kind of like how CBS didn't want to pay $1 million in FCC fines, so they drove off Howard Stern and now their revenues are down in the billions of dollars.

"Radio Management" is truly an oxymoron.

Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: May 11, 2009 01:22PM

Donnie G left on his own terms. The station didn't get rid of him. He was the most talented DJ they ever had, they probably pleaded with him to stay.

The shocking thing was letting Mike carry on with the show. If anyone ever heard Mike do the show when Donnie G took a day off...wow, what an f'ing train wreck. Rob has no talent, Buzz needs to stick with doing the news and Mike is a sidekick. Plain and simple.

Date: May 11, 2009 01:26PM

Jackie Wrote:
> Donnie G left on his own terms. The station
> didn't get rid of him. He was the most talented
> DJ they ever had, they probably pleaded with him
> to stay.

Yes, but I think a lot of what prompted Donnie G's decision was the fact he couldn't do the show the way he wanted to. I don't think it is a mistake that less than a year after he got out from under Michael Hughes he was chomping at the bit to come back. I think he got tired of constantly battling with an idiot who, given his own way, was going to drive the station into the ground...which he has.

Date: May 11, 2009 08:59PM

So in setting up his revelation about Carla on Friday, Mike brought up Don's reaction to Freda dying. This guy can't stand the fact that Don got attention for that, can he?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 11, 2009 10:13PM

wtl, I wasn't listening Friday. What did MOM say about don's reaction?

Date: May 12, 2009 09:51AM

It seems that the people posting here who have had contact with or know MOM have had their comments vindicated in light of his run in at the local watering hole over the weekend.

MOM is a sad person who needs to pack his bags and move on to another market. Maybe he could be the color commentator for the high school sport broadcast in Fargo North Dakota. He seems to be such a sports expert. I'm sure he could wow the audience with his clever comments and funny voices.
In his off hours maybe he could help out at the local hay auction house. Of course he would open another restaurant in Fargo serving up fine sausages.

Good luck Mike in your new diggs.....

Posted by: The "Real' Swarthy K. ()
Date: May 12, 2009 09:53AM

Swarthys Brother Wrote:
> He was turned off by the smell of Jameson and cigarettes near her lovebox

This claim could **NOT** be more untrue!!

Since, I, the one and only Swarthy K., has been educating the lovely Carlita in the science of love, her shall we say: 'nether region' (should you be fortunae enough to ever sample it's many pleasures) now emits the fragrance of "Manolo" (Swarth K.'s favorite eu de cologne), and Cruzan Rum 151 proof.

Eat your heart out John Michael Patrick (Talentless Slob) O'Meara!

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:01AM

Recent posting from our friends at the DCRTV message board:

(Probably got a 100 e-mails on this already. Carla and Mike O'Meara are no longer a couple but apparently remain friends. Mike O'Meara announced this on his show today.) Well, according to that fat old lard ass O’Meara on today’s show, the much younger, fertile, got her whole life ahead of her Carla dumped the washed up, has been, also ran Mike because he is most likely shooting blanks, impotent, or had a vasectomy and she wants to have children (God just imagine what a load another fatso O’Meara would have been). Failed marriages, failed shows, failed restaurant, hell, O’Meara can’t even grow a decent beard: thank God Carla came to her senses and is back in the dating game. Might just have to give her a call: Lord knows O’Meara’s would be easy shoes to more than fill. Loser. Love, Rob. (5/12/09)

Dave's response: The young couple in happier times (right). A "Star Trek" convention followed by a Caps game.....
Attachments:
omeara3.jpg

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:03AM

Sacramento Hater Wrote:
> It seems that the people posting here who have had
> contact with or know MOM have had their comments
> vindicated in light of his run in at the local
> watering hole over the weekend.

Details please! What happened over the weekend??

Posted by: Hammerhand ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:21AM

Mike is not show lead material; he's strictly a second bananna; the new show highlights this very well. In listening a few times you could hear mike have various levels of a meltdown for simple things not working out the way he wants.

I recall one of the episodes I listened to where Mike made a comment refering to Buzz's pot use and how his opinion on some topic should be invalidated because of it; Buzz shot back that pot didn't kill as many brain cells as drinking does which got Mike's goat and he more or less stopped the show to tell Buzz F you, and got buzz to cave.

now the show is simply listening to the rest of the staff walking on eggshells around Mike, living in fear for the next meltdown of the second bananna who never should have tried to take reigns he had no business in grabbinghold of.

Date: May 12, 2009 10:34AM

He ran into a group of people who used to hang at his bar...Apparently he at some time in a drunken stupor and or rage insulted one or all. So they all let him have what he deserved and told him off in public at the bar one by one.

Just what he deserved....

Date: May 12, 2009 10:44AM

Hammerhand Wrote:
> (MOM) the second
> bananna who never should have tried to take reigns
> he had no business in grabbinghold of.

Over the weekend I searched the JFK podcasts looking for a segment on the Carlita breakup. I saw a podcast titled "Mike's Down". Hmmm, seems promising I think.

Wrong! It's a segment about how MOM's bummed because he can't leverage his radio show and get some sucker to give him **FREE CAPS TICKETS**!!

For many reasons, I know O'Meara is a self-centered POS - but in a way, this takes the cake. This bastard is lucky he has a job, his show is mired in last place in it's time segment, and rather than entertain - he uses valuable air time to have worthless Beth Ann McBride pimp for Caps tickets on air. Amazing!

If there were a station manager and a program director @ JFK - either one should be telling MOM to shut the fuck up about Caps tickets and entertain his audience.

But we all know Michael Hughes is worthless as a station manager, CK is a clueless "donk" and BA McBride isn't a 'producer' - she's another fat, talentless board op - Rob(b)'s assistant.

Carlita - you made a decision you'll never regret. Many of us on this board made the same decision - we walked away from MOM and his "show".

Good riddance JFK family and thank God for XM/Siri...

Date: May 12, 2009 10:46AM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> Dave's response: The young couple in happier times
> (right). A "Star Trek" convention followed by a
> Caps game.....

Gee. Wonder why she left him.

Date: May 12, 2009 10:48AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> wtl, I wasn't listening Friday. What did MOM say
> about don's reaction?

He compared his loss of Carla to Don's loss of Freda. You really can't compare the two. Besides, if Mike really loved Carla (as those idiots on RadioGodsForum seem to believe) he, a) would have agreed to have kids with Carla or b) wouldn't have lied about his vasectomy (if he had one) or strung her along for this long with faint promises of being up for kids.

Date: May 12, 2009 10:49AM

You know, it wouldn't take much to imagine Carla in her 40s with a tumbler of Vodka in her hand and a Virginia Slim hanging from her lip...

file.php?2,file=6915,filename=omeara3.jp

Posted by: L.S. ()
Date: May 12, 2009 11:09AM

Why does everyone keep posting the pic of a fat Klingon and Jar-Jar Binks at the Caps game?

Date: May 12, 2009 11:13AM

L.S. Wrote:
> Why does everyone keep posting the pic of a fat
> Klingon and Jar-Jar Binks at the Caps game?

I just think it is interesting that two weeks ago they are hanging out at the Caps game and all of a sudden they are broken up. I bet she got the news of his pay cut over the past week...

file.php?2,file=6915,filename=omeara3.jp

Date: May 12, 2009 11:17AM

The Break Up...

Carla: Hon. I'm going to take the credit card and go to Tyson's. I'll be back in a few.

Mike: Ummm, yeah. I need to talk to you about that. Remember when there were all these theories online about me losing my job?

Carla: Yeah?

Mike: Well, the suits in New York really, really put a lot of pressure on Michael Hughes. Basically they told Hughes that they would give me six more months, on one condition.

Carla: Really....

Mike: Yes. They cut my pay. I am now making about the same as Rob(b).

Carla: ROBB??

Mike: Yes. I was going to tell you at...

(Door Slam).

Date: May 12, 2009 12:57PM

Wow, I am really behind... Mike got a paycut?

Can anyone just do a quick run-down of the individual misfortunes Mike has faced, and the causes for each listed next to them?

Date: May 12, 2009 01:06PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Wow, I am really behind... Mike got a paycut?
>
> Can anyone just do a quick run-down of the
> individual misfortunes Mike has faced, and the
> causes for each listed next to them?

I was just guessing about the pay cut. Considering how close he came to going off the cliff in April, I am sure CBS in NY gave WJFK some sort of ultimatum.

Date: May 12, 2009 01:42PM

Hyping stories about Rob(b)'s critically ill son paid huge dividends for Mike O'Meara...

The numbers: 1) WTOP [1st in both drivetimes], 2) WHUR [Harvey 3rd], 3) WAMU, 4) WASH [Loriloo 9th], 5) WBIG and WIHT [Kane 5th], 7) WGTS, 8) WETA-FM, 9) WRQX [Diamond 4th], 10) WWDC [Elliot 10th], 11) WMMJ [Joyner 7th], 12) WPRS, 13) WMZQ, 14) WKYS [Parr 16th], 15) WPGC [Simpson 13th], 16) WMAL [G&A 14th, Rush 8th, Hannity 17th], 17) WLZL, 18) WTGB, 19) WJFK [Junks 16th, O'Meara 20th], 20) WTEM, 21) WJZW [Imus 21st], 22) WFRE, 23) WAVA, 24) WPFW. More: 29) WFED and WMET, 33) WILC and WTNT.....

He jumped all the way from 21st place to 20th place! Nice payoff for selling your soul, Rob(b).

Date: May 12, 2009 01:47PM

> The Break Up...
>
> Mike: Yes. They cut my pay. I am now making about
> the same as Rob(b).
>
> Carla: ROBB??
>

I dunno WTL, he may not be making as much as Rob(b) - after all, Rob(b) **can** run a board.

At this point, I'm not sure MOM can turn on a mike - but, he **can** open a bottle!!

Hee, Hee...

Date: May 12, 2009 01:51PM

Weird message of support for the MOM from DCRTV.com:

I read the post referring to Mike O’Meara’s personal trials and tribulations. I am saddened and angered. You know, I too am not particularly impressed with his ways and yes his failures, but for God’s Sake leave the man’s personal life out of this. As a broadcaster he’s failed for the most part and that too is sad. At one time he was an exciting, interesting, inquisitive broadcaster with the world in front of him. His hook up with Mike Sorce was his downfall. He lost all confidence and he also lost his work ethic and energy. His younger conquests were quite impressive. Great Freelance VO Talent…great PD..and he lost all of that. His personal life, his failures, stuff does NOT belong on this site. PLB (5/12/09)

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:52PM

L.S. Wrote:
> Why does everyone keep posting the pic of a fat
> Klingon and Jar-Jar Binks at the Caps game?

I lol'd.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: May 12, 2009 01:57PM

> 19) WJFK (MOM 20th), 20) WTEM, 21)
> WJZW (Imus 21st)

Yeah, great job "Team MOMS" - head shaving/child exploitation inch your sorry asses one spot above completely irrelevant Don Imus.

I'll bet Eliot (10th) and the Junks (16th) fear for their careers as the MOMS comedy juggernaught marches up the DC radio ratings ladder!

Um, not(t)...

Date: May 12, 2009 01:59PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> Weird message of support for the MOM from
> DCRTV.com:
>
> I read the post referring to Mike O’Meara’s
> personal trials and tribulations. I am saddened
> and angered. You know, I too am not particularly
> impressed with his ways and yes his failures, but
> for God’s Sake leave the man’s personal life out
> of this. As a broadcaster he’s failed for the most
> part and that too is sad. At one time he was an
> exciting, interesting, inquisitive broadcaster
> with the world in front of him. His hook up with
> Mike Sorce was his downfall. He lost all
> confidence and he also lost his work ethic and
> energy. His younger conquests were quite
> impressive. Great Freelance VO Talent…great
> PD..and he lost all of that. His personal life,
> his failures, stuff does NOT belong on this site.
> PLB (5/12/09)

I guess the poster missed the part where Mike brought this up on his show. I think that makes his personal life fair game (okay, his being alive makes it fair game, but for the general public his talking about something on the air gives it currency).

Date: May 12, 2009 02:00PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> L.S. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why does everyone keep posting the pic of a fat
> > Klingon and Jar-Jar Binks at the Caps game?
>
> I lol'd.

Seems like low-hanging fruit for TheMeeper to me.

Date: May 12, 2009 09:24PM

I hope Mike isn't subject to any cohabitation or common law rules of separation in the jurisdiction where he and Carla resided, He may be liable for a 50% asset split. He may yet have to pony up one more time.

Date: May 12, 2009 09:27PM

We don't have common law marriage in VA and cohabitation is technically illegal, so Carla would not be able to use it for any kind of viable legal claim in and of itself, but nice try.

Posted by: Skooly D ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:50PM

Your all a bunch of losers. Eat shit all of you.

Posted by: Ekim Araemo ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:57PM

right on

Date: May 13, 2009 12:16AM

All that from a couple of inbred hillbillies. Its time for both of you to go kiss your sisters goodnight and crawl in bed with your brother

Date: May 13, 2009 09:50AM

mcsmack Wrote:
> I hope Mike isn't subject to any cohabitation or
> common law rules of separation in the jurisdiction
> where he and Carla resided, He may be liable for a
> 50% asset split. He may yet have to pony up one
> more time.

In any case, I think for common law marriage they would have had to live together a lot longer and would have presented themselves as a married couple with shared property, bank accounts, etc. I doubt they had any shared assets given that Mike was probably her only source of income.

Posted by: Bill Sykes-The Original! ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:53AM

Seems like low-hanging fruit for TheMeeper to me.

The Meeper is a low-hanging fruit!

Date: May 13, 2009 10:25AM

Mike would have been wise in pursuing a pre-nuptial contract w/ Carla.I bet this was an important factor in their separation. As always its easier to cover the embarrassing dilemma with platitudes like "We just grew apart" or "I think we both finally realized the age thing" or "The children thing", which I don't buy for one moment.

Regardless I think as time drew near, Carla weighed the factors and concluded her future with Mike wasn't worth the investment or hassle of pre-nup contract bargaining, especially with Mikes precarious career stability.

And then to react by going out and getting drunk in a bar followed by lashing out at other patrons is pathetic. What a sad loser.

Date: May 13, 2009 10:27AM

mcsmack Wrote:
> Mike would have been wise in pursuing a
> pre-nuptial contract w/ Carla.I bet this was an
> important factor in their separation. As always
> its easier to cover the embarrassing dilemma with
> platitudes like "We just grew apart" or "I think
> we both finally realized the age thing" or "The
> children thing", which I don't buy for one
> moment.
>
> Regardless I think as time drew near, Carla
> weighed the factors and concluded her future with
> Mike wasn't worth the investment or hassle of
> pre-nup contract bargaining, especially with Mikes
> precarious career stability.
>
> And then to react by going out and getting drunk
> in a bar followed by lashing out at other patrons
> is pathetic. What a sad loser.

I don't buy the kid thing either, unless Mike was totally lying out his ass the whole time. Seems to me that if children were the deal breaker, they never would have made it to the engagement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 10:27AM by WashingTone Locian.

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: May 13, 2009 10:31AM

A few observations:

1. Mike did make progress, moving from 21st place to 20th place

2. Mike did state that he took the closing of his restaurant/pub very personally. If he was upset by that, why doesnt he seem too upset about his primary livelihood (radio) being in the dumpster as well?

3. How do you like that Mike somewhat blames the failure of his restaurant/pub on all of his "friends" who didnt patronize his establishment enough. How do you open a business venture expecting your friends to be the path to your riches?

4. Is Mike doing the radio show downtown today so that it is convenient for him to make it over to the caps game after the show? That's great radio.

He is the total package disaster.....

Date: May 13, 2009 10:39AM

Rahrah Wrote:
> A few observations:
>
> 1. Mike did make progress, moving from 21st place
> to 20th place

Heh. He's actually been higher than 20th place in the past year (18th or 19th), so a minor shift like this could just be due to the way the data is collected.

>
> 2. Mike did state that he took the closing of his
> restaurant/pub very personally. If he was upset
> by that, why doesnt he seem too upset about his
> primary livelihood (radio) being in the dumpster
> as well?
>

Because he's putting on a persona of success for his show. I'm sure behind the scenes he is angry. And, like his failed restaurant, he is blaming "his friends" (e.g. Beth Ann, Rob(b), Buzz) for the failure of his radio show, as well. Just like any good sociopath.

> 3. How do you like that Mike somewhat blames the
> failure of his restaurant/pub on all of his
> "friends" who didnt patronize his establishment
> enough. How do you open a business venture
> expecting your friends to be the path to your
> riches?
>

From what I can gather, his restaurant failed because he racked up so many ABC fines that it was cheaper to close the restaurant. Unfortunately, the guy was too stupid to realize that he personally guaranteed the lease on the place (horrible business acumen, especially for someone who supposedly had a restaurant before), so he is still on the hook for the lease (given the size of the space, I would say you are looking at an outlay of $3K to $5K a month).

As for riches, there is always the old saying, "How do you make a small fortune? Start out with a large fortune and open a restaurant."

> 4. Is Mike doing the radio show downtown today so
> that it is convenient for him to make it over to
> the caps game after the show? That's great
> radio.
>

Undoubtedly. Michael Hughes probably busted his balls for blowing out of the show early a couple of weeks ago to go to the game. That, or he is going to do his show live from a bar across the street from Verizon Center and take credit for the large turn out, just like he took credit for the large turnout at that Irish Bar on St. Patrick's Day.

> He is the total package disaster.....

Yes.

Date: May 13, 2009 10:56AM

I'll tell you straight up. The "she wants to have babies thing" is nothing more than trying to cover up and elevate morally over the real reasons for the break up. And here we go using children again. Hiding behind children.

Well it's children, no one can question that motive, it's children. It's Bull S. MOM and your a moron and when you use something totally innocent like the institution of motherhood to cover up for your trail of S. it makes me sick!

Date: May 13, 2009 11:06AM

Rahrah Wrote:
> A few observations:
>
> restaurant/pub very personally.

That's a good question - but you'll never get a straight answer from MOM - he's constantly spinning reality to suit his purposes, which usually involve avoiding embarrassment.

He talked about the restaurant failure one afternoon about six months ago and said he hated answering the phone because it was always something at the restaurant that required attention, fixing or money. It didn't sound like he was an involved, dedicated "publican".

MOM enjoyed being the "owner" when his responsibilities involved getting hammered with his posse at the bar. When he signed leases and other agreements he was probably drunk - and I'm sure he figured one of his low-paid minions would always be there to handle the "work" involved.

> enough.

That's typical MOM arrogance. He's damn lucky he never took over the Sign of the Whale in DC - he'd be living in a refrigerator box right now. But when that bar also failed under his watch he'd be pissed because his friends didn't drive 30 miles to drink at O'Meara's in Manassass then turn around and drive 30 miles to drink at O'Meara's in DC?

The guy is fucked up - plain and simple.

Date: May 13, 2009 11:08AM

Rahrah Wrote:
> A few observations:
>
> 1. Mike did make progress, moving from 21st place
> to 20th place
>
> restaurant/pub very personally. If he was upset
> by that, why doesnt he seem too upset about his
> primary livelihood (radio) being in the dumpster
> as well?
>
> enough. How do you open a business venture
> expecting your friends to be the path to your
> riches?
>
> 4. Is Mike doing the radio show downtown today so
> that it is convenient for him to make it over to
> the caps game after the show? That's great
> radio.
>
> He is the total package disaster.....

I haven't heard, did he thank the listeners for the ratings jump this week? I remember when he did go to 19th he came on and thanked everyone for the "great ratings"

Date: May 13, 2009 11:11AM

mcsmack Wrote:
> I'll tell you straight up. The "she wants to have
> babies thing" is nothing more than trying to cover
> up and elevate morally over the real reasons for
> the break up. And here we go using children again.
> Hiding behind children.
>
> Well it's children, no one can question that
> motive, it's children. It's Bull S. MOM and your a
> moron and when you use something totally innocent
> like the institution of motherhood to cover up for
> your trail of S. it makes me sick!

Agreed. If it were truly about love, about being so in love with someone you couldn't imagine your life without that person, kids would not be an impediment. Especially when you consider that Mike hasn't bothered being much of a father to his daughters, so I'm not sure how he could be "past that point in his life" when he never really got there in the first place.

I believe this was a failed business transaction, like so many failed business transactions in Mike's life. Carla agreed to marry him on the condition that he guarantee a certain quality of life. Given his precarious financial situation, he couldn't.

I don't believe it came down to Mike refusing to marry her over a pre-nup because he was too stupid to have one the first two times he was married, I doubt he wised up this time. That also wouldn't explain the bar incident.

No. I think he thought he had it made and Carla walked because she realized he wasn't going to be making enough coin to support her lifestyle. He was pissed because it was a huge blow to his ego.

Date: May 13, 2009 12:08PM

From the DCRTV.com message board - MOM maybe has a part time job!!:

Davy Jones KHZ/WYRE is at it again, today he decided to take a shot at O’meara…he said *quote “ I see Mike O’Mears will be starting an extra income job as a consultant for JENNIE CRAIG” Now, THAT’S funny!! Sure Mike won’t appreciate it. WOW (5/13/09)

Date: May 13, 2009 12:16PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> From the DCRTV.com message board - MOM maybe has a
> part time job!!:
>
> Davy Jones KHZ/WYRE is at it again, today he
> decided to take a shot at O’meara…he said *quote “
> I see Mike O’Mears will be starting an extra
> income job as a consultant for JENNIE CRAIG” Now,
> THAT’S funny!! Sure Mike won’t appreciate it. WOW
> (5/13/09)

I think it was a DJ busting Mike's balls. It wouldn't be hard to imagine, though.

Date: May 13, 2009 12:22PM

> ...Carla walked because she realized he wasn't going to be
> making enough coin to support her lifestyle...

In the early days of the new MOMS, Mike and Rob(b) had an exchange that ended with MOM saying: "Don't look at me that way - you know I took a pay cut too...".

CBS is a poorly run outfit, but I doubt they were going to give MOM D&M type money for an unproven product. And over time, MOM is still on the air but I wonder if he's even making the $$ he got at the start of the new show given the shitty ratings and disasterous decline in JFK's ad revenue.

Add that to a failed restaurant, at least one alimony payment, child support (2), financial fall-out from the the restaurant in the form of rent and who knows what else, and mortgage that was probably re-fi'ed into deep water.

So was Carlita clueless? Couldn't she add the "assests + obligations" and see the bad news after the "=" sign?

Well I guess she did eventually - and that's a good move on her part.

Date: May 13, 2009 12:30PM

>
> I think it was a DJ busting Mike's balls. It
> wouldn't be hard to imagine, though.

I knew the item was a joke when I say "Jenny Craig" - their expectation is that spokespeople have demonstrated dramatic weight loss.

That's not our MOM.

Also, taking a part-time job would involve effort. That's not in the MOM's wheel house.

Hell, he won't even do easy stuff like hustling for voice over work or reading ad copy.

Date: May 13, 2009 12:31PM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> CBS is a poorly run outfit, but I doubt they were
> going to give MOM D&M type money for an unproven
> product. And over time, MOM is still on the air
> but I wonder if he's even making the $$ he got at
> the start of the new show given the shitty ratings
> and disasterous decline in JFK's ad revenue.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike had a one-year contract (deeply discounted from D&M days) that was due up in April and that Mike had to negotiate down from that to stay on the air.

>
> Add that to a failed restaurant, at least one
> alimony payment, child support (2), financial
> fall-out from the the restaurant in the form of
> rent and who knows what else, and mortgage that
> was probably re-fi'ed into deep water.
>

His $750K house is now worth about $450K. I doubt he could get a refi if he wanted it.

> So was Carlita clueless? Couldn't she add the
> "assests + obligations" and see the bad news after
> the "=" sign?
>
> Well I guess she did eventually - and that's a
> good move on her part.

I have no doubt that is what happened. That, and as the dominoes have fallen, Mike has become an even more insufferable ass in private.

Posted by: dbldn11 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 02:25PM

Fascinating three-loser conversation between a crew of haters who have one thing in common - none of them have a friggin clue what the hell they are talking about. Talk about entertainment. Lets have you three brainiacs hypothesize about his relationship, his business (past & present), the value of his home...this coming from the same geniuses who have continued to trumpet the demise of the station and the show. Sorry, didn't mean to break up your groove, you three can go back posting 14 of every 16 posts while secretly listening every day.

Date: May 13, 2009 02:30PM

dbldn11 Wrote:
> Fascinating three-loser conversation between a
> crew of haters who have one thing in common - none
> of them have a friggin clue what the hell they are
> talking about. Talk about entertainment. Lets have
> you three brainiacs hypothesize about his
> relationship, his business (past & present), the
> value of his home...this coming from the same
> geniuses who have continued to trumpet the demise
> of the station and the show. Sorry, didn't mean to
> break up your groove, you three can go back
> posting 14 of every 16 posts while secretly
> listening every day.

There's no hypothesizing going on.

He doesn't have a relationship. He said so on air. He tanked his businesses. It is well documented that he had $28,000 in ABC fines because he mismanaged his restaurant and it was cheaper to close. Mike himself has said that he is on the hook for the lease. And his home address has been posted on this Forum (you can also look it up yourself. He lives in Manassas). If you go to the City of Manassas website, you can see his tax assessment going back to when he bought his house.

And, no, I don't listen at all. I listen to Adam Carolla's podcast, which is infinitely more entertaining than the shit Mike puts on the air.

Date: May 13, 2009 02:43PM

dbldn11 Wrote:
> talking about. Blah, Blah Blah.

So Albert Einstein - WTF are you doing on Page 60 of this message board?

Shouldn't you be downtown ready to smell MOM's farts for three hours before the Caps game?

I said it before and I'll say it again: Fuck the Mike O'Meara Show now and forever.

I'm down with Jason Ellis/XM 52 in the afternoons. Jason could kick the shit out of Mike, Buzz and Rob(b), bang BA and not break a sweat. Listen up if you can afford XM.

Now run along, MOM's got some farts for you to savor...

Posted by: Hi Beth-Ann! ()
Date: May 13, 2009 02:51PM

dbldn11 Wrote:
> talking about. Talk about entertainment. Lets have
> you three brainiacs hypothesize about his
> relationship, his business (past & present), the
> value of his home...this coming from the same
> geniuses who have continued to trumpet the demise
> of the station and the show. Sorry, didn't mean to
> break up your groove, you three can go back
> posting 14 of every 16 posts while secretly
> listening every day.

Hi Beth-Ann! Would you be a dear and get me the rate card for WJFK? Why would an advertiser pay double the money for half the ratings? You could advertise on 2 of the top 10 shows cheaper than you can on the MOM and you are reaching a much larger audience. Instead of reading this board, BA, why don't you work on producing a show?

Date: May 13, 2009 02:56PM

Hi Beth-Ann! Wrote:

>
> Hi Beth-Ann! Would you be a dear and get me the
> rate card for WJFK? Why would an advertiser pay
> double the money for half the ratings? You could
> advertise on 2 of the top 10 shows cheaper than
> you can on the MOM and you are reaching a much
> larger audience. Instead of reading this board,
> BA, why don't you work on producing a show?

Busted!

html>

Date: May 13, 2009 02:57PM

a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 02:58PM by WashingTone Locian.

Posted by: Sneed Hearn ()
Date: May 13, 2009 03:15PM

Why ANYONE listens to terrestrial radio anymore is a mystery. There are too many other options. Terrestrial has to do better than O'Meara to make it worthwhile.

Date: May 13, 2009 03:18PM

Sneed Hearn Wrote:
> Why ANYONE listens to terrestrial radio anymore is
> a mystery. There are too many other options.
> Terrestrial has to do better than O'Meara to make
> it worthwhile.

CBS and Clear Channel have done this to themselves. They chased out all of the regionally and independently owned stations and networks and programmed all of their stations with the same bland formats playing the same play lists. Every commercial station today offers various takes on Vanilla. You can have Vanilla, French Vanilla or Vanilla Bean. But in the end, it's all the same shit.

Posted by: Fallout girl ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:48PM

You are the perfect asshat. What gives you the right or the insight to decern a person's motives with so little info. Did he block your clever texts? Call you out for the coward you are on the air? Or maybe you just wish you were as successful as he is in the business. Go do something productive with your time instead of vomiting this venomous idiocy on the web. And if he makes you that sick, why do you listen??? You must think you deserve to suffer, and I can't say I disagree.

Posted by: Inyomama ()
Date: May 13, 2009 06:05PM

> dbldn11 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fascinating three-loser conversation between a
> > crew of haters who have one thing in common -
> none
> > of them have a friggin clue what the hell they
> are
> > talking about. Talk about entertainment. Lets
> have
> > you three brainiacs hypothesize about his
> > relationship, his business (past & present),
> the
> > value of his home...this coming from the same
> > geniuses who have continued to trumpet the
> demise
> > of the station and the show. Sorry, didn't mean
> to
> > break up your groove, you three can go back
> > posting 14 of every 16 posts while secretly
> > listening every day.
>
> There's no hypothesizing going on.
>
> He doesn't have a relationship. He said so on air.
> He tanked his businesses. It is well documented
> that he had $28,000 in ABC fines because he
> mismanaged his restaurant and it was cheaper to
> close. Mike himself has said that he is on the
> hook for the lease. And his home address has been
> posted on this Forum (you can also look it up
> yourself. He lives in Manassas). If you go to the
> City of Manassas website, you can see his tax
> assessment going back to when he bought his house.
>
>
> And, no, I don't listen at all. I listen to Adam
> Carolla's podcast, which is infinitely more
> entertaining than the shit Mike puts on the air.

And yet you three little dicks spend the goodly portion of your day bashing a radio program. Seriously.

Date: May 13, 2009 06:10PM

Fallout girl Wrote:
> You are the perfect asshat. What gives you the
> right or the insight to decern a person's motives
> with so little info. Did he block your clever
> texts? Call you out for the coward you are on the
> air? Or maybe you just wish you were as successful
> as he is in the business. Go do something
> productive with your time instead of vomiting this
> venomous idiocy on the web. And if he makes you
> that sick, why do you listen??? You must think you
> deserve to suffer, and I can't say I disagree.

BOO-HOO / Fallout Girl....Doesn't change the fact that MOM is a FAT FUCK, LAZY, and a HACK who totally Fucked up a good show...!!!

Posted by: Fallout girl ()
Date: May 13, 2009 06:38PM

I would be as hateful as you if I lived in Sacramento. Boo Hoo? Is that the worst you can come up with? If you don't like the show, stop listening to it. What's so hard about that? Then your rage level might go down and you might find joy in masturbating to pictures of your mom again, you stupid, loathsome, friendless, looser. Be well!

Date: May 13, 2009 07:44PM

Fallout girl Wrote:
> You are the perfect asshat. What gives you the
> with so little info. Did he block your clever
> texts? Call you out for the coward you are on the
> air? Or maybe you just wish you were as successful
> as he is in the business. Go do something
> venomous idiocy on the web. And if he makes you
> that sick, why do you listen??? You must think you

Well Well Well,
#1 The 1st amendment from the constitution of the US of A gives me the right.
#2 People that use child exploitation in any manner are cowards.
#3 Mike is the one who voluntarily shares his self inflicted mis-fortune on air.
People with his type of personality are not hard to figure out or "decern" what ever the fuck that word is genius.
#4 I own/operate my own business and thank God I'm not as successful as Mike,(because I've been going strong for 5+ years)
#5 I here your hero is on the market. So why don't you do something productive with your time, spruce up your vagine and make it down to the Caps game tonight!
I'm tellin' ya babe,judging by your intellect, you gotta chance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 07:45PM by mcsmack.

Date: May 13, 2009 08:49PM

Dude, I'm on page 60 of this thread for the same reason I've been on it this whole time, to openly mock a group of about five sad, lonely losers who make it their mission to hate on a radio show. You guys take the time to keep this hate-fest going, to look up his property tax details on the web, to speculate and hypothesize about the hows and whys of his breakup, his bar closing, whatever. That's just sad. The show isn't perfect, I could do without all the hockey stuff to be honest but I'm not in DC and he/they are into it. From the looks of ESPN.com doesnt look like that shit is gonna last. I also listen to the Corolla podcasts but to me those are really dependent on who the guest is. A good guest makes for a killer 45 minutes. A bad one, well, to me a bad guest on that and I can't even make it through it. As for the lone solitary voice on lame-ass Jason Ellis, good lord let it go. He curses and tells bogus-ass sex stories. You're hard up. We get it. Glad you enjoy it. You're pretty much the only one. Oh and hey, glad we were able to get the requisite "you must be a member of the show" crap out of the way. You four or five haters are nothing if not predictable. Let's get another "here are the weekly ratings" post, followed by four or five nasty comments about how MOM, Buzz, Robb, BA, CK, Hughes, whoever, should and will all be canned. Some will be funny, maybe even include clever photos. Meanwhile, the show & the station goes on. Does it really bother you that much that you're not even the thread he references when talking about jealous haters on the air?

Date: May 13, 2009 09:10PM

Two<, Three, Five, over 80,000 hits, 1 year + and going strong. And you wouldn't know of whom he's referencing (Or would you?)and we don't care.

Date: May 13, 2009 09:14PM

dbldn11 Wrote:
> As for the lone solitary
> voice on lame-ass Jason Ellis, good lord let it
> go. He curses and tells bogus-ass sex stories.
> You're hard up. We get it. Glad you enjoy it.
> You're pretty much the only one.

Well, "double down" - I'm pleased - you have access to XM - maybe.

Jason Ellis is funny and out-of-control-no-holds-barred radio. Your beloved MOM would die to have a satellite gig and do that kind of show - um, if he had any talent - and a hot chick to bone!

JE can talk about ass-sex because he can **DO** it - ask Carlita why she hit the road - your boyfriend (MOM) probably couldn't get her hot and kinky - too much flab - and at age 50 - way too much alcohol.

Eat it "Dude" - Jason and his posse are the future.

Stick with MOM and the guy I'm sure you are totally gay for - Buzz 'da fist'.

I know you won't read this for days - you are too busy texting AT&T for your "American Idol" favorite right now!

You'll have plenty of tasty MOM farts to savor tonight and tomorrow. Caps ain't lookin' too good right now. Call the MOMS tomorrow @ 3pm eastern and offer your condolences.

Now go get your shine box and "double down".

ESADMF.

Date: May 13, 2009 09:21PM

Fallout girl Wrote:
> You are the perfect asshat.

Why? Because I, and thousands of others, don't like Mike?

> What gives you the
> with so little info.

The Constitution? First Amendment?

> Did he block your clever
> texts?

Nope. Never texted him.

> Call you out for the coward you are on the
> air?

Nope.

> Or maybe you just wish you were as successful
> as he is in the business.

A fucking retard could ride Don's coattails and be as successful as Mike. Mike hasn't succeeded at anything. He road the gravy train called Don Geronimo.

> Go do something
> venomous idiocy on the web.

I can do both.

> And if he makes you
> that sick, why do you listen???

I don't listen. Neither do others. That's why his show is rated 20th.

> You must think you

Talk about setting up a straw man.

Date: May 13, 2009 09:31PM

The good thing about the Caps loss is now Mike has a good reason to get drunk and get into a bar fight.

Date: May 13, 2009 09:45PM

Lost his partner Don, lost his restaurant, lost his listeners, lost his girl, Caps lost, Bostons in 2nd plc in the east. Probably his last hope.

Date: May 13, 2009 10:12PM

Dap - I do have XM, and between horrendously unfunny Stern and your boyfriend Ellis, I understand why the stock is in the tank and they had to merge and barely avoided going bankrupt. Mad Dog Radio is ok when I am out of MOM & Sports Guy podcasts and when Corolla & Deadspin have lame guests. I have it for the games, and that I use it for all the time. I'm glad you enjoy Ellis, dude, I truly am. I've heard it, after the recommendation of a friend, and to me the times I have listened have been uninteresting and laugh-free. Enjoy it. Make sure you post when Ellis tells the sex story about meeting the huge fan who posts under the name Dapjdj, that might be the first entertaining story he broadcasts. We get it, though, in spite of your insipid posting and trumpeting ratings...the show goes on. Makes plans for more parties, more charity events, more entertaining radio. Makes you five haters feel kind of meaningless, doesn't it?

Posted by: Rob(b): AYDS Boy ()
Date: May 13, 2009 10:48PM

I noticed how Rob(b) played that old AYDS TV Spot that was posted on this site a couple of days ago during today's Audio Vault. What are the odds of that happening without him visiting here?

Date: May 13, 2009 11:15PM

Rob(b): AYDS Boy Wrote:
> I noticed how Rob(b) played that old AYDS TV Spot
> that was posted on this site a couple of days ago
> during today's Audio Vault. What are the odds of
> that happening without him visiting here?
>
>
Slim to none, and Slims out of town

Posted by: Idomymama ()
Date: May 14, 2009 02:28AM

Funny how Inyomama and dbldn11 (the biggest idiot on this site) always seem to post on the same days... Eerie...
Oh! more proof that dbldn11 is an idiot... He left his e-mail visible... Please address any issues you have with dbldn to dbldn11@hotmail.com

I love you dbldn11!!!

Date: May 14, 2009 06:20AM

Idomymama Wrote:
> Funny how Inyomama and dbldn11 (the biggest idiot
> on this site) always seem to post on the same
> days... Eerie...
> Oh! more proof that dbldn11 is an idiot... He left
> his e-mail visible... Please address any issues
> you have with dbldn to dbldn11@hotmail.com
>
> I love you dbldn11!!!

Well, it is registered in Lancaster, PA, which fits his story. For a couple of bucks more, I can look up his name. What do you guys think?

Date: May 14, 2009 08:00AM

Lancaster, PA was college at Franklin & Marshall. It's Ardmore, PA now, outside of Philly (about halfway between Villanova University and Saint Joseph's University, as a point of reference in case you're driving by and feel like stopping in). I teach in Wilmington, DE, hence all the drive time for podcasts. Glad I'm so important to you all, though. Looking up info on the show seems to have been such a beneficial and fruitful enterprise, glad you're focusing on even more important targets. Save you extra bucks, dude, I don't need to hide. You wanna know something man up and ask. Good lord. Talk about people desperately in need of something to do.

Pages: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.