HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123456AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 6
CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: December 11, 2010 09:19PM

I WANT TO SUE FCPS. THEY ARE CLOSING CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. IT ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOL IN FCPS. I HATE JACK DALE. THE ONLY REASON CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IS SUCH A GOOD SCHOOL IS BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A LOT OF BLAKCS OR ILLEGALS IN OUR SCHOOL. IF WE REMOVED THEM EVER SCHOOL WOULD BE LIKE CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: December 11, 2010 09:21PM

is that you?
Attachments:
MAD WHITE MAN.JPG

Posted by: Hey, stop hating on the rich ()
Date: December 11, 2010 09:45PM

How much in taxes do you pay? I pay in the SIX figures. Everyone needs a community school. I could pay for private school but I want my kids to be with others in my community. God help us all if you think this is about race. Shame on.

Posted by: *You ()
Date: December 11, 2010 09:46PM

Sorry

Posted by: Stop the school board now ()
Date: December 11, 2010 09:56PM

We would love all races to join our great school. Let's keep Clifton open. We may be smarter but we can always do better.

Posted by: Clifton Parent ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:36PM

It is time to move on. The school is closing and our kids will learn more in their new locations with diverse classmates.

I cannot believe the whining about this, it is extremely embarrassing. When I'm asked where I am from, I now respond with 'just outside of Centreville'.

Get over it already.

Posted by: weird ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:39PM

Maybe you should move to Centreville so you don't have to lie about where you are from. Why did you move to Clifton if you wanted your kids to "learn more"? Weird post.

Posted by: I Call B.S. ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:43PM

Hey, stop hating on the rich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much in taxes do you pay? I pay in the SIX
> figures. Everyone needs a community school. I
> could pay for private school but I want my kids to
> be with others in my community. God help us all if
> you think this is about race. Shame on.

If you're paying 6 figures in taxes between you federal and state income taxes, I call b.s. There can't be anyone that silly in the world to do so, can there be? Sure, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, etc. However, I can't believe you don't have your money deferred via IRA contributions, off-shore accounts, etc.

So, basically by what you've stated, the tax cut extensions that are up in the air right now with Congress will be your saving grace? I bet you're praying each and every night that the cuts get extended.

Posted by: Justine ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:51PM

To Clifton Parent....Clifton school did not have to close. All the reasons that were identified that supported FCPS's justification for closing was no more than a house of cards....well water....not contaminated; projection numbers were wrong; renovation cost too high....not true, etc.

The real reason Clifton was closed was because Bradsher wanted to kick out Clifton from the renovation queue so she could put in West Springfield High School. Bottom Line.....Conversation over.

There were some pretty damaging emails between Bradsher and WSHS supporters where she instructed WSHS to send letters to the board, where she promised to make an amendment that would support not closing the school, where she would receive an email from a Clifton consitutent and would send to WSHS supporters....and the list goes on.

Bradsher wanted to suck the life blood out of Clifton to transfuse WSHS. The second mission was to show Herrity that she held the power to close Clifton.....

Can find some of the emails in another stream.....on the underground.

Posted by: terelli ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:52PM

It's expensive to run a small elementary school. Cost per pupil goes way up.

Posted by: more BS ()
Date: December 12, 2010 01:29AM

bs it costs more to operate ces
almost no frms
almost no esols
almost no additional costs per kid

it is all a myth

fcps = brothers grimm bs fairytale

tell the truth - ces costs less to operate and averages out the high poverty schools cost per kid - more schools like clifton average DOWN the cost per kid in the county

if this is about stopping max $/kid, look at all the bleeding schools with failing kids - not the successful ones.

stinks like the dead. that's what happens when the story is rotten to the core.

Posted by: like it is ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:45AM

if you love the school so much,why don't you rich people put your money where your mouth is and buy it,come up with a biz plan and turn it into a private charter school.

Posted by: votemout ()
Date: December 12, 2010 06:45AM

The closing of Clifton impacts many schools in the region, so you are not alone in your anger. We need to get people to run against these idiots, who are costing us millions in tax dollars, and do what we want them to do. Renovating Clifton was the cheapest option. The larger question is what do the idiots have to gain from closing Clifton..probably a kickback on a real estate deal. Form a group to rally the Fairfax residents against the school board criminals.

Posted by: Josey Wales ()
Date: December 12, 2010 08:50AM

It might be just a rumor I heard but does Clifton Elementary really have its own polo team?

Date: December 12, 2010 08:55AM

I don't believe so.....ask Bradsher. She knows everything to be known about Clifton Elementary, including what is best for the students.

Posted by: Skeptical ()
Date: December 12, 2010 10:09AM

The main thing you can do is kick Bradsher out of office next year, make sure she's never elected to any political office in the future, and ask any decent candidates for School Board to pledge they won't engage in such despicable behavior in the future.

Make no mistake about it, Bradsher's conduct has been totally reprehensible and to this date she evidences absolutely no self-awareness at all.

She and her supporters - who continue to post on these threads - have been playing a very dangerous game of demonizing communities, and pitting them against each other, in order to advance their own narrow agendas. It is absolutely and utterly shameful and when that type of behavior takes place on a larger stage, the consequences are nothing short of horrific.

Posted by: It's a myth ()
Date: December 12, 2010 10:31AM

No, Clifton does NOT cost more per child.
Current data from the FCPS web site:

Clifton Nov 2010 enrollment:367
FY 2011 Approved Budget:$2,191,124 ($5,970 per child)
33.7 positions (one adult for every 10.9 children)

Virginia Run ES Nov 2010 enrollment: 677
FY 2011 Approved Budget:$4,243,047 ($6,267 per child)
74.2 positions (one adult for every 9.1 children)

Centre Ridge ES Nov 2010 enrollment: 790
FY 2011 Approved Budget:$4,757,833 ($6,079 per child)
80.3 positions (one adult for every 9.8 children)

London Town ES Nov 2010 enrollment: 892
FY 2011 Approved Budget:$5,761,447 ($6,459 per child)
104.5 positions (one adult for every 8.5 children)

Centreville ES Nov 2010 enrollment: 932
FY 2011 Approved Budget:$5,474,633 ($5,874 per child)
95.8 positions (one adult for every 9.7 children)

Posted by: the truth is ()
Date: December 12, 2010 04:02PM

Well, the rumor is I heard the Clifton ES site will be sold to VRE for a train station.

Anyway - Clifton has a reputation for being wealthy. Whatvever. If their average income is more, they likely pay more in taxes, which supports fairfax county. If someone has a problem with any tax loopholes, believe me, schools aren't the place to fight that fight.

Why? Because when they close Clifton ES, all the other elementary schools - and homeowners - within close range will feel the pain.

The commuters will feel the pain too, although they may not even have kids, from increased bus and kiss and ride or "kiss and drop/walk" traffic. And the homeowners, who may not even have kids, will feel the pain too. That's right.

Your neighborhood schools will be at the desired 95% - 105% enrollment (and more, if their projections for enrollment declines are wrong - and they will be), so FCPS can save money at your expense - home value will decline, traffic will increase, and for parents, there will be a lesser education at a school that is maxed out on enrollment.

So, get over the beating other neighborhoods, and realize who the real threat is. A school board that does what it wants, without any rationale, future planning, conscience, ethics or soul. This needs to be national news.

Posted by: What does happen? ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:40PM

Want to know: What does the county do with the school? Who owns this land/building, and who would stand to benefit from a possible sale of the land? I find it difficult to believe that FCPS or the County has not already laid out plans for what happens next, if Clifton Elementary does actually close for good.

Posted by: terelli ()
Date: December 12, 2010 09:54PM

Considering the lack of diversity and issues in the Clifton ES population, doesn't appear to be much of a problem for a few schools to absorb their students. That's good.
Don't have to pay for 2 administrators for 350 kids. Nice.

Posted by: Linguini ()
Date: December 12, 2010 10:12PM

terelli Wrote:
> Considering the lack of diversity and issues in
> the Clifton ES population, doesn't appear to be
> much of a problem for a few schools to absorb
> their students. That's good.
> Don't have to pay for 2 administrators for 350
> kids. Nice.

Not much of a problem at all. Just redistrict lots of neighboring communities, build expensive additions at other schools, and still end up when all's said and done with a bunch of overcrowded schools.

You must be a total moron, Liz Bradsher or one of her few remaining supporters, or both.

Posted by: APorIBMom ()
Date: December 13, 2010 01:28AM

The state does not require FCPS to provide an assistant principal for any small elementary school, under the Standards of Quality. FCPS insists on hiring an assistant principal for small elementary schools.

terelli Wrote:
>
> kids. Nice.

Posted by: what?! ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:45AM

terelli Wrote:
> Considering the lack of diversity and issues in
> the Clifton ES population, doesn't appear to be
> much of a problem for a few schools to absorb
> their students. That's good.
> kids. Nice.

So, how big do you think a school needs to be to have 2 admin? Make certain to tell the schools below. With blanket statements like yours "issues in the Clifton ES population" you may have an opinion, but you don't support it very well.

LEMON ROAD ES 265
BUCKNELL ES 289
MOUNT EAGLE ES 304
LITTLE RUN ES 333
GARFIELD ES 334
CLIFTON ES 366
FAIRFAX VILLA ES 380
SHERMAN ES 382
VIENNA ES 386
COLUMBIA ES 397
OLDE CREEK ES 415
TERRASET ES 418
SLEEPY HOLLOW ES 449
BUSH HILL ES 451
GRAHAM ROAD ES 456
WAKEFIELD FOREST ES 457
WEST SPRINGFIELD ES 462
CUNNINGHAM PARK ES 465
BEECH TREE ES 466
CLERMONT ES 468
KINGS GLEN ES 468
LYNBROOK ES 473
CUB RUN ES 477
ARMSTRONG ES 490
BREN MAR PARK ES 490
STENWOOD ES 494

Posted by: GoGo ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:14AM

Ever since 9/11, FCPS wants an principal or asst. principal at every school, every day. Before that, there would be many days that the principal had off-site meetings, and there was no leader at the school.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: December 13, 2010 10:42AM

If the principal is out of the building nobody really notices, but if the secretary is out eveyrbody panics!

Date: December 13, 2010 12:03PM

Oh my! I didn't realize my neighbors were so angry and rude. All this name calling, and I see they attack anyone disagreeing with them instead of exchanging ideas and discussing the topic.

We all know the county will be better served with Clifton closed. Our children may experience a little inconvenience adjusting to diverse classrooms, but they will be much better educated and culturally a lot more richer with this move.

Onward and upward!

Posted by: To the Clifton Parent ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:46PM

We know you are really Liz Bradsher hiding out on our posts. Please leave so we can keep telling everyone what a lush you are.

Posted by: GoGo ()
Date: December 13, 2010 02:12PM

Clifton Parent Wrote:
> Oh my! I didn't realize my neighbors were so angry
> and rude. All this name calling, and I see they
> attack anyone disagreeing with them instead of
> exchanging ideas and discussing the topic.
>
> We all know the county will be better served with
> Clifton closed. Our children may experience a
> little inconvenience adjusting to diverse
> classrooms, but they will be much better educated
> and culturally a lot more richer with this move.
>
> Onward and upward!

Obviously you have no children in Clifton Elem, or your child has no friends. The issue is not that Union Mill, Sangster, or Fairview are bad schools, they are just as great as Clifton. The problem is, my son is a 3th grader, and next year he will go to a new school where he will know only a fraction of the population. Most of his friends are going off to different schools, so the relationships that he has built over the last 4 years will be cut-off. Do you wonder why Colin Powell parents aren't complaining about the overcrowding in their school? Because THEY DON'T WANT THEIR KIDS MOVED AWAY FROM THEIR FRIENDS and NEIGHBORS! If they were splitting up the Little Rocky Run neighborhood into 3 different schools, those parents would put up a fight that makes Clifton parents look like pushovers.

When my son goes to Union Mill, do you think he will make a lot of friends? We will be 5 miles from the school, how many Union Mill parents are going to want to set up playdates with kids that live so far away, when their kids already have friends, and THEY DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE FURTHER THAN DOWN THE STREET!

Date: December 13, 2010 04:28PM

GoGo Wrote:
>
> Obviously you have no children in Clifton Elem, or
> your child has no friends. The issue is not that
> Union Mill, Sangster, or Fairview are bad schools,
> they are just as great as Clifton. The problem
> is, my son is a 3th grader, and next year he will
> go to a new school where he will know only a
> fraction of the population. Most of his friends
> are going off to different schools, so the
> relationships that he has built over the last 4
> years will be cut-off. Do you wonder why Colin
> Powell parents aren't complaining about the
> overcrowding in their school? Because THEY DON'T
> WANT THEIR KIDS MOVED AWAY FROM THEIR FRIENDS and
> NEIGHBORS! If they were splitting up the Little
> Rocky Run neighborhood into 3 different schools,
> those parents would put up a fight that makes
> Clifton parents look like pushovers.
>
> When my son goes to Union Mill, do you think he
> will make a lot of friends? We will be 5 miles
> from the school, how many Union Mill parents are
> going to want to set up playdates with kids that
> live so far away, when their kids already have
> friends, and THEY DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE FURTHER THAN
> DOWN THE STREET!

This brouhaha is simply people resisting change. Your son and the rest of our kids will continue to excel and will adjust fine. It is important that we remain positive and look to many opportunities this brings.

Chin up, set a proper example for your kids!

Date: December 13, 2010 04:33PM

GoGo parent, you brought up an interesting point....for each of the schools where students will be moved to another location, should the students be split into 3 groups like Clifton students will be? I don't think so, but it is worthy of discussing.

Posted by: I have an easy idea ()
Date: December 13, 2010 04:51PM

Why don't we make the school board wait a few years and rethink this situation. I see reason to rush this option. Keep Clifton open.

Posted by: exactly ()
Date: December 13, 2010 04:59PM

Agreed. Even if the poster has no kids, he will be stuck behind that much more school traffic - trying to get wherever he/she needs to go in the morning.

We're talking portable classrooms, overloading nearby schools, increased traffic getting to those schools - that's not good for anyone. Every citizen, with or without children, should be outraged over this process.

As for the comments re: principals, perhaps the poster should try working in a school one day. Just one day. It's really harder than he/she can imagine, I guarantee it.

GoGo Wrote:
> Clifton Parent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh my! I didn't realize my neighbors were so
> angry
> > and rude. All this name calling, and I see they
> > attack anyone disagreeing with them instead of
> > exchanging ideas and discussing the topic.
> >
> > We all know the county will be better served
> with
> > Clifton closed. Our children may experience a
> > little inconvenience adjusting to diverse
> > classrooms, but they will be much better
> educated
> > and culturally a lot more richer with this
> move.
> >
> > Onward and upward!
>
>
> Obviously you have no children in Clifton Elem, or
> your child has no friends. The issue is not that
> Union Mill, Sangster, or Fairview are bad schools,
> they are just as great as Clifton. The problem
> is, my son is a 3th grader, and next year he will
> go to a new school where he will know only a
> fraction of the population. Most of his friends
> are going off to different schools, so the
> relationships that he has built over the last 4
> years will be cut-off. Do you wonder why Colin
> Powell parents aren't complaining about the
> overcrowding in their school? Because THEY DON'T
> WANT THEIR KIDS MOVED AWAY FROM THEIR FRIENDS and
> NEIGHBORS! If they were splitting up the Little
> Rocky Run neighborhood into 3 different schools,
> those parents would put up a fight that makes
> Clifton parents look like pushovers.
>
> When my son goes to Union Mill, do you think he
> will make a lot of friends? We will be 5 miles
> from the school, how many Union Mill parents are
> going to want to set up playdates with kids that
> live so far away, when their kids already have
> friends, and THEY DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE FURTHER THAN
> DOWN THE STREET!

Posted by: Looking In ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:50PM

Can't wait 2 or 3 years. When Bradsher was planning the closure of Clifton to move renovation planning money for WSHS in 2011........she was counting the votes....More votes in the WSHS area than Clifton. All about politics.

Posted by: hoka-hey ()
Date: December 14, 2010 04:30PM

@CLIFTON PARENT,

Your vacuous comment needs a little bit of data to be worth reading. For instance,

'Diversity is good because studies have shown that diverse schools outperform non-diverse schools...'

'Or the county's plan to put 900 kids per Elementary school has been demonstrated to raise a child's IQ....'

'Or the fact that Clifton ES has many less digital blackboards, and projector's causes them to achieve less...'

PLEASE FIND THE DATA TO SUPPORT AN ARGUMENT rather than spouting platitudes. Your dismissal of valid concerns and disregard of the excellent record that Clifton ES Had in preparing kids for High School makes you seem rather dense.

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:20PM

hoka-hey Wrote:
>
> 'Or the fact that Clifton ES has many less digital
> blackboards, and projector's causes them to
> achieve less...'
>

Actually, Clifton ES has smartboards and document cameras in every classroom that a teacher or staff member has requested them thanks to the fundraising efforts of the PTA. Should be interesting to see how that technology gets redistributed once the school closes. Or will it be re-used? In most renovations all of the interior fixtures and equipment are thrown out. Wonder what happens with a school closure?

Date: December 14, 2010 09:01PM

hoka-hey Wrote:
> @CLIFTON PARENT,
>
> Your vacuous comment needs a little bit of data to
> be worth reading. For instance,
>
> 'Diversity is good because studies have shown that
> diverse schools outperform non-diverse schools...'
>
>
> 'Or the county's plan to put 900 kids per
> Elementary school has been demonstrated to raise a
> child's IQ....'
>
> 'Or the fact that Clifton ES has many less digital
> blackboards, and projector's causes them to
> achieve less...'
>
> PLEASE FIND THE DATA TO SUPPORT AN ARGUMENT rather
> than spouting platitudes. Your dismissal of valid
> concerns and disregard of the excellent record
> that Clifton ES Had in preparing kids for High
> School makes you seem rather dense.

Actually, those aren't my quotes. However, from your post it does seem you fear diversity and a larger school. It's okay, our kids will do well. They're smart and are able to adapt to change, seemingly a lot better than most of my neighborhood friends.

Relax. Maybe try some yoga, perhaps I'll see you there.

http://www.dahnyoga.com/centreville/

Posted by: Josey Wales ()
Date: December 14, 2010 09:27PM

What surprises me is that there on people on here who actually care about their kids, the schools and who is on the school board.

I thought this site was only for personal attacks on each other or at least it was when Vince posted on here.

Date: December 14, 2010 11:28PM

Written by Clifton Parent

Maybe you were joking, but I question this statement: 'Diversity is good because studies have shown that diverse schools outperform non-diverse schools...'

Unfortunately, in Fairfax County, the data fail to support this finding. Many of the schools with diversity (and often added resources), the data demonstrate the students do not achieve the higher scores in testing as do the schools with less diversity.

Therefore, I would welcome your identifying the source for the statement made by you that diverse schools outperform non-diverse schools. Maybe FCPS is doing something incorrectly.

Date: December 17, 2010 11:10PM

I guess hoka hey was a school board member or FCPS staffer...can't provide the source for the statement that diverse schools out perform non diverse schools....

Posted by: county employee ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:35AM

Robert Wrote:
> I WANT TO SUE FCPS. THEY ARE CLOSING CLIFTON
> ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. IT ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOL IN
> FCPS. I HATE JACK DALE. THE ONLY REASON CLIFTON
> ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IS SUCH A GOOD SCHOOL IS BECAUSE
> WE DON'T HAVE A LOT OF BLAKCS OR ILLEGALS IN OUR
> SCHOOL. IF WE REMOVED THEM EVER SCHOOL WOULD BE
> LIKE CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

I wonder why Clifton gets their asbestos infected school torn down first. I can think of at least three or four other schools with higher rates of asbestos fragmentization than Clifton ES. I wonder if the school board thinks that CES parents would be more likely to sue than Bren-mar or Kings Glen parents would. Its sad that the rich folks are getting special treatment here.

Posted by: The Statistican ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:54AM

Justine Wrote:
> I guess hoka hey was a school board member or FCPS
> staffer...can't provide the source for the
> statement that diverse schools out perform non
> diverse schools....

What hoka hey was saying was that mostly white schools with a few nigs or spics do better than all nig/spic schools. So a little color diversity in white school perform better than schools full of black/brown bastards and future prostitutes. Asians hold their own and keep the academics of white schools up as their parents beat the living shit out of them if they come home with anything under a B+. Ask any FCPS teacher strapped to a lie detector and you'll learn this truth. They all know it, even the ones who are nigs or spics.

Posted by: the message ()
Date: December 18, 2010 03:02PM

It's ALL about the parents---that's for sure. The smart boards and document cameras are way down the list on important "stuff"---but teachers are forced to use this stuff for fear of being "tech unsavvy". They spend more time trying to figure out how to use the latest gadget than thinking about how to teach and talking to kids (the true keys to success). So I'd be just as glad to find out that they threw out the gadgets. The Clifton parents are the rare breed that see beyond all the "stuff" and the "pretty school propaganda". The message of Christmas is not about the gifts under the tree and they know it. The quality of an education is not measured by how much money is put into the building. It's all about the families, the teachers, and the dedication to the school. Clifton has a history of quality in all three of those areas that count. The SB may think that moving these kids to other areas will make the "magic" rub off on other families, but they are sorely mistaken. The "magic" is made inside the family unit, not inside the school. And, yes, we all know this.

Posted by: no "magic" needed ()
Date: December 18, 2010 03:29PM

Fairview is doing quite nicely without the "magic" of the Clifton/Fairfax Station/Fairfax families that currently feed into CES. We welcome all those students to our school but we certainly don't need any "magic." I'm sure the same goes for Union Mill and Sangster.

Posted by: I feel bad for the Clifton children ()
Date: December 18, 2010 08:38PM

My son plays on SYA basketball and another child on his team told him they DO NOT want Clifton kids to be at Union Mill. How sad! I told my son that view came from his parents.

And yes, I live in Clifton. My kids have no choice where they will end up next year. Thanks to the SB and Jack Dale. How do I explain that to an 8 year old. Nobody will welcome our kids to their new schools next year. Shame on FCPC!

Posted by: To no magic needed ()
Date: December 18, 2010 08:42PM

Wow, you are a really nice parent. How do you think the kids from Clifton feel right now? I agree with the last poster. Our kids are now treated like shit. Blame the school board and NOT elementary kids.

Posted by: responding to "to message" "magic" ()
Date: December 18, 2010 08:51PM

You misunderstood me. "The message" posted how the "magic" of the Clifton community will rub off and "improve" the schools they are being sent to. In some areas of this county the SB might buss kids around to "improve" test scores. This is not the case here - I am sure you will agree Fairview, Sangster and Union Mill are all fine schools already and the kids coming from CES will fit in quite nicely. I was in no way saying we don't want CES kids.

Posted by: Clifton Dad ()
Date: December 18, 2010 10:39PM

I feel bad for the Clifton children Wrote:
> How do I explain that to an 8 year
> old. Nobody will welcome our kids to their new
> schools next year. Shame on FCPC!

We teach our kids that life sometimes has it's ups and downs and we don't always get what we want. Let our kids know that change is inevitable, but can also offer new opportunities and be exciting.

Qut your fucking whining and be positive, or your kids will emulate you and grow up as spoiled brats.

Posted by: Marty ()
Date: December 19, 2010 03:25AM

Some of those neighborhoods that Bradsher promised not to hit during the boundary study had better learn from how Bradsher treated Clifton. While she was playing nice with Clifton, she was selling them down the river. Long ago, she and Tistadt made a deal to can Clifton and save WSHS.

Any ideas how to slow this train wreck of a boundary study down?

Posted by: to "The message" ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:43AM

the message Wrote:
> It's ALL about the parents---that's for sure. The
> smart boards and document cameras are way down the
> list on important "stuff"---but teachers are
> forced to use this stuff for fear of being "tech
> unsavvy". They spend more time trying to figure
> out how to use the latest gadget than thinking
> about how to teach and talking to kids (the true
> keys to success). So I'd be just as glad to find
> out that they threw out the gadgets. The Clifton
> parents are the rare breed that see beyond all the
> "stuff" and the "pretty school propaganda". The
> message of Christmas is not about the gifts under
> the tree and they know it. The quality of an
> education is not measured by how much money is put
> into the building. It's all about the families,
> the teachers, and the dedication to the school.
> Clifton has a history of quality in all three of
> those areas that count. The SB may think that
> moving these kids to other areas will make the
> "magic" rub off on other families, but they are
> sorely mistaken. The "magic" is made inside the
> family unit, not inside the school. And, yes, we
> all know this.

Are you implying the children/families that attend Clifton Elementary are better than those that live in the parts of Clifton, Fairfax Station and Fairfax that don't attend Clifton?
You are saying the children that live in the part of Balmoral (that's in Clifton) that are already attending Union MIll are lesser than the children in the half of Balmoral that attends Clifton.
What about all the children that live in Fairfax Station that attend Fairview and Sangster - their families are less "magical" than the Fairfax Station students zoned to Clifton?
Do you really think the children that live in Colchester Hunt (located in Fairfax) that for some bizarre reason go to Clifton Elementary are better than the children that live in the other half of that development (Fairfax Hunt) that attend Willow Springs?

I don't know if you are a Clifton parent or not but please don't say things like this. I am sorry Clifton is closing but don't imply the closing has anything to do with trying to make the other schools in the area better.

Posted by: charlie ()
Date: December 19, 2010 08:33AM

I feel bad for the Clifton children Wrote:
> My son plays on SYA basketball and another child
> on his team told him they DO NOT want Clifton kids
> to be at Union Mill. How sad! I told my son that
> view came from his parents.
>
>
> And yes, I live in Clifton. My kids have no choice
> where they will end up next year. Thanks to the SB
> and Jack Dale. How do I explain that to an 8 year
> old. Nobody will welcome our kids to their new
> schools next year. Shame on FCPC!

This is sad. Children are repeating what they hear their parents saying (things like "we don't want Clifton kids to be at Union Mill"). Are ANY adults aware of how the things they say can affect other people? Are any parents capable of teaching their children kindness these days?

Posted by: Maybe I should tell my kids ()
Date: December 19, 2010 08:40AM

That you get what you pay for. Private school looks so much better than FCPS. When you pay out of your own pocket you have a choice with your childs education.
I guess all those taxes I pay does not mean shit.

Posted by: Shame on the other parents! ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:17AM

I don't live in Clifton but I can see how closing the school and moving the kids into 3 different schools will harm them. The parents from the other schools should open their hearts to the Clifton elementary kids. It is shame that many of them will not.

Sangster and Union Mill parents need to grow up.

Posted by: to Sad Clifton Parent ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:28AM

charlie Wrote:
> I feel bad for the Clifton children Wrote:
> -----
> > My son plays on SYA basketball and another
> child
> > on his team told him they DO NOT want Clifton
> kids
> > to be at Union Mill. How sad! I told my son
> that
> > view came from his parents.
> >
> >
> > And yes, I live in Clifton. My kids have no
> choice
> > where they will end up next year. Thanks to the
> SB
> > and Jack Dale. How do I explain that to an 8
> year
> > old. Nobody will welcome our kids to their new
> > schools next year. Shame on FCPC!
>
>
> This is sad. Children are repeating what they
> hear their parents saying (things like "we don't
> want Clifton kids to be at Union Mill"). Are ANY
> adults aware of how the things they say can affect
> other people? Are any parents capable of teaching
> their children kindness these days?

As a Fairview parent I am happy Clifton Elementary School students are coming. It is a chance for the kids to make more friends before they head off to the massive school that is Robinson (although many of these kids already do know each other from sports teams, church, preschool, etc.) Unfortunately students might end up in trailers until the additions are complete but there have been trailers used all over the county and I certainly don't feel we are any better than them so it's ok.

Posted by: to Fairview parent ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:32AM

I hope Sangster, Fairview and Union Mill will convey the their children to be nice to the incoming kids from Clifton. Right now I do not see this happening. Our kids are not the reason for the trailers. The FCSB is. Let's ALL fight for what is right for are kids. KEEP CLIFTON OPEN!

Posted by: New Friends ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:54AM

to Fairview parent Wrote:
> I hope Sangster, Fairview and Union Mill will
> convey the their children to be nice to the
> incoming kids from Clifton. Right now I do not see
> this happening. Our kids are not the reason for
> the trailers. The FCSB is. Let's ALL fight for
> what is right for are kids. KEEP CLIFTON OPEN!

Do you think most of the current students at Sangster, Fairview and Union Mill will even know where the "new" kids are from? I have a 5th grader at Fairview. I don't know why but there were a lot of new 5th graders this year. She doesn't know or care where they live, where they came from or why they are there. To her they are just students just like her. (It was a good thing though because they added another teacher to the grade level and we have less kids in each class than previous years.) I think the "attitude" of the Clifton parents towards the new school will be very important. YOU should convey to your children how happy you are with the switch to a new school and how good it will be for them to make new friends and have new experiences.

Posted by: to the Fairview mom ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:16AM

How about ALL the parents act happy that FCPS is screwing us in the ass. I am not afraid for the kids it is the parents I am worrying about.

Posted by: My kids do not WANT to change schools ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:19AM

How about that?

Posted by: a community "under the bus" ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:34AM

Unfortunately, these moments will not just be "forgotten" as easily as some on this forum seem to think they will. Even after the SB representatives change. And brushing people off by saying "stop whining", etc. just enrages them more. Closing a school without making plans for where the kids are to go just speaks volumes about the "care" of the SB for the people they serve (yes, they serve both children and their parents and the larger community).

Posted by: Annandale Dale ()
Date: December 19, 2010 11:42AM

Hopefully the Clifton kids wont teach the normal kids how to be selfish as fuck.

Posted by: Your from Annandale? ()
Date: December 19, 2010 11:59AM

Poor white trash! STFU!

Posted by: County employee ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:12PM

to Fairview parent Wrote:
> I hope Sangster, Fairview and Union Mill will
> convey the their children to be nice to the
> incoming kids from Clifton. Right now I do not see
> this happening. Our kids are not the reason for
> the trailers. The FCSB is. Let's ALL fight for
> what is right for are kids. KEEP CLIFTON OPEN!

Asbestos remediation inspection certificate expires 7/01/2011
There is no way it will get renewed without lots of work.
CES will be closed and we may not even be able to use it for storage after july 1st.

Posted by: Back to the drawing board ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:47PM

Where is the plan to build a new school? Where is the plan to help with overcrowding? Where is the plan for better test scores? The SB has no plan right now. We have an option E coming? WTF???? If Clifton does close we are all going to be hurt. Wake up parents!

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:10PM

Your from Annandale? Wrote:
> Poor white trash! STFU!

'You are' is contracted to 'you're', not 'your'.

Looks like you are the uneducated trash, not the poster from Annandale.

heh

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 01:11PM by Dane Bramage.

Posted by: To county employee ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:17PM

Where can we get the info about the asbestos? Thanks.

Posted by: Oops! ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:20PM

to the Fairview mom Wrote:
> How about ALL the parents act happy that FCPS is
> screwing us in the ass. I am not afraid for the
> kids it is the parents I am worrying about.

Oh - Now I see how this works. You want us to pretend we are OUTRAGED Clifton students are coming to our schools to use that as a reason not to close Clifton. Sorry - I didn't mean to mess with your plan.

Posted by: The SB is the one with plan ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:42PM

Wow, you Fairview parents are mean.

Posted by: Listenup ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:58PM

To County Employee...interesting comment regarding asbestos in CES. Would you suggest where parents of children who attend older schools could find the same type of information that you are referring to for CES.

I would think FCPS really would not mind if CES has asbestos....it was FCPS staff supporting building a new school at Liberty Middle site where there is 80 acres of naturally occurring asbestos...some only 6 inches deep around the school.

Seems that FCPS was ready to dig, grade, etc asbestos containing soil and not give a flip about the kids in classrooms, kids playing on the fields, and kids in adjacent neighborhoods. That is, until just days before the public hearing when some Clifton parents raised the questions about the hazards of naturally occurring asbestos.

Staff did not provide the information and the AD Hoc Committee members never raised the question, although there was information in the materials they were given.

Maybe some of the AD Hoc committee members would like to respond. Did you or did you not know about the naturally occurring asbestos?

Posted by: Dane Bramage is a douche ()
Date: December 19, 2010 02:10PM

Yeah, you're (or your or you are or how ever you want to say/spell it) are a DOUCHE BAG. What an asshole. Annandale is an inside the beltway little Saigon. So douche, STFU. Anyone who tries to defend Shitfield or Annandare are either chinks, white trash or Liz Bradsher's whores. Which one are you Dane? Don't bother answering, nobody gives a shit what you say anyway.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:24PM

Dane Bramage is a douche Wrote:
> Yeah, you're (or your or you are or how ever you
> want to say/spell it) are a DOUCHE BAG. What an
> asshole. Annandale is an inside the beltway
> little Saigon. So douche, STFU. Anyone who tries
> to defend Shitfield or Annandare are either
> chinks, white trash or Liz Bradsher's whores.
> Which one are you Dane? Don't bother answering,
> nobody gives a shit what you say anyway.

LOL, very intelligent post. With all the hate being spewed in here, it's looking like the school closing is an act of collective Clifton Karma.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: county employee ()
Date: December 20, 2010 05:15AM

To county employee Wrote:
> Where can we get the info about the asbestos?
> Thanks.

Most county schools have asbestos. We are required by federal law to have at least one copy of the current remediation report available in the main office of each school. This is an OSHA requirement for employees and contractors working in the school to have acess to this information. I dont think there would be a problem for a parent or student to have acess to the reports.

Posted by: Whiners Grow Up ! ()
Date: December 20, 2010 11:14AM

These Cliftonites need to give it a break. If you want you own little school -- the proverbial little red brick school, then start a charter school or move to Iowa. In this era of budget cutbacks and three years of no teacher raises, the rest of the county should not have to subsidize

Posted by: Start a Charter school ()
Date: December 20, 2010 11:21AM

If only it was that easy to start a Charter school. If a charter school does work out all kids from FCPS could apply. (I do not have a problem with that) We would love to have that option and the school be open by next fall.

Posted by: Why Should I Subsidize Your School? ()
Date: December 20, 2010 11:42AM

Charter, schmarter. You can always Home-School your little urchins. That will keep in the insular, Stepford-wife confines of Clifton. The village that time forgot.

Date: December 20, 2010 01:12PM

To "Why Should I Subsidize Your School?":

Don't all property owners (real and personal) pay taxes in Fairfax County? I assume you have no issue with subsidizing the ongoing operations of other schools with lower enrollments (yes there are several) and higher costs per student than Clifton Elementary? Just wondering what your main beef happens to be.... You do realize that the uber-wealthy in Fairfax County (not just Clifton) already send their children to private school? Have you met or had direct interactions with the children attending Clifton Elementary? Please, enlighten us all with your insightful perspective....

Posted by: Close it up! ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:17PM

Justataxpayer Wrote:
> Please,
> enlighten us all with your insightful
> perspective....

The place is run down and needs repairs, it's required potable water to be trucked in due to bad wells, and is difficult to get to for construction. Enrollment overall is on the decline, although there was a little spike this year. It won't grow due to the five acre lots required by the watershed.

We all see the arguments here. Nothing but hate filled attack posts and hundreds of FOIA emails posted as a way to 'get back' at the board. The funniest part is that many of the emails provide even more proof and support that the board DID THE RIGHT THING.

You have no facts, just a bunch of anger and hate.

That kid shot down in Burke? He probably opposed the school closing anf Clifton residents had him beaten and shot.

Date: December 21, 2010 04:33PM

To "Close it up!":

Find any school in Fairfax County that has not received a full renovation in the last 25 years and you will see many are in need of some level of work. Clifton Elementary actually functions quite well right now and has had a number of updates to the interior, HVAC and technology. The technology updates made available to teachers within the school were due to the collaborative efforts of the staff and the PTA. And remember, the Clifton Elementary families asked that any renovation efforts be delayed at Clifton so other schools in greater need of renovations could receive them. Those are all facts.

The wells function just fine now and even FCPS has stated that. No issue with potable water at all. This is a fact.

Enrollment at CES is up from last year and the school is over 95% capacity this year. There are more than a handful of other elementary schools in Fairfax County that have enrollments lower than CES. Again, all facts.

Please show me where the anger is in this post and the facts are lacking.

And yes, your comment about the poor young man shot to death in Burke is beyond crude. That too is a fact.

Posted by: Close it up ()
Date: December 21, 2010 07:18PM

Justataxpayer Wrote:
> To "Close it up!":
>

The fact that Clifton parents are willing to do anything to keep their school open, including delay required repairs, does not change the fact that it needs those costly renovations.

You fuckers can keep regurgitating the garbage you are posting and flooding this place with hate and FOIA emails. I'll pop in from time to time to remind you of the truth.

Posted by: pu ti esolC ()
Date: December 21, 2010 07:28PM

Justataxpayer Wrote:
> ...Clifton Elementary actually functions quite
> well right now...
>
> ...The wells function just fine now...

The I-35 Mississippi River Bridge functioned quite well, up until it collapsed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-35W_Mississippi_River_bridge

But hey, since they work fine now they'll obviously work fine forever. Nothing needed! Let's never close anything!

Posted by: Truth poking you right back ()
Date: December 21, 2010 07:30PM

@Close it up:

Interesting,you just keep regurgitating "facts" that have been shown to be false. When you look at the domino effect that closing CES has caused, and the fact that the School Board has been making this up as they have gone along, it is a pretty pathetic showing for FFX County Schools.

Just look at the ever changing alternives that have been forwarded. All of these should have been in hand and understood prior to any CES decision. Unfortunately, a very arrogant shell game is being played with our children's educations.

Just providing a different view of what I see happening to help you understand your "truth" may just be opinion.

BTW, my kids don't go to Clifton, but they are going to be impacted by this horrendous bunch of clowns on the School Board.

Posted by: why so hot? ()
Date: December 21, 2010 07:56PM

Wow. The wrath of the posters who are for the Clifton closing is more than palpable. I don't understand why it means so much to them that Clifton be closed. Calling the people who are against closing Clifton "fuckers who regurgitate garbage" is pretty strong stuff. I don't understand why it means so dang much to them that this school be closed---it almost sounds personal. I am not from Clifton and do not live in the area affected at all. What I see here is just weird. My take is that Liz Bradsher or her minions are posting this stuff because they are incredibly emotionally involved. It was never about data and anything logical from what I can see after reading all of the facts. Calling people "fuckers" does not help your side---it gives you no credibility whatsoever. Maybe you had a couple of drinks when you wrote that? Alcoholics Anonymous can help you---things are getting out of control for you.

Posted by: Closing Clifton is good for who? ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:15PM

Liz Bradsher and her so called friends. Why? Maybe we should dig a little to find out the truth.

BTW: I do not have a dog in this fight. Liz Bradsher looks like she has something to gain by closing Clifton elementary.

Posted by: 22151 longtime ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:34PM

The debate over closing and or changing schools is a never ending thing in Fairfax. I have seen it go on for almost 40 years. Most people resist change especially when it involves their kids.
When Lake Braddock secondary opened up in the mid 70's everybody fought like hell to keep their kids at West Springfield or Robinson.
The Clifton elem parents deserve to have their stories heard but the school must be closed. It's great that we have forums like this to allow everybody to vent.

Posted by: Let' s all just cave in ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:46PM

So we should except what the SB says and not have a mind of are own. Look at America right now and see what great shape it is in. I do not want to lay down and watch what is happening in Fairfax. I will fight for what is right. If you do not agree, fine. I want what is best for ALL of Fairfax.

Posted by: 22151 longtime ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:59PM

Let' s all just cave in Wrote:
> So we should except what the SB says and not have
> a mind of are own. Look at America right now and
> see what great shape it is in. I do not want to
> lay down and watch what is happening in Fairfax. I
> will fight for what is right. If you do not agree,
> fine. I want what is best for ALL of Fairfax.

It's great to see that you care enough about your kids to fight for what you think is right. Standing up for your kids is important, keeping CES open is not.

Posted by: no comparison ()
Date: December 21, 2010 09:08PM

But you have not convinced us why CES has to close. The reasons must be awfully important----so important that you are willing to spend much more money and put kids on long bus rides and add trailers to other schools and close CES before a plan is in place, etc. etc. When Lake Braddock was built, at least people knew where their kids would be going---to a school CLOSER with NO TRAILERS. There were no options A, B, C, D, and then an E that was "mysterious" and to come. I don't think you can compare opening Lake Braddock SS to closing CES. They are two totally different situations and opposition reasons are very different. This is not the same case as the Lake Braddock opening AT ALL. I wonder how many more less than intelligent arguments you can pull out of your hat.

Posted by: Schools out 4ever ()
Date: December 21, 2010 10:57PM

Closing Clifton is good for who? Wrote:
>
> BTW: I do not have a dog in this fight.

Then STFU!

The school is a money pit, pure and simple.

Posted by: herewegoagain ()
Date: December 21, 2010 11:17PM

Schools out 4ever Wrote:
> Closing Clifton is good for who? Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > BTW: I do not have a dog in this fight.
>
> Then STFU!
>
> The school is a money pit, pure and simple.

I would argue that everyone in the County has a dog in this fight. It's name is YOUR TAX DOLLARS!

So, Schools out 4ever, you STFU. And no, the school is not a money pit.

Posted by: dell ave ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:51AM

Robert Wrote:
> I WANT TO SUE FCPS. THEY ARE CLOSING CLIFTON
> ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. IT ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOL IN
> FCPS. I HATE JACK DALE. THE ONLY REASON CLIFTON
> ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IS SUCH A GOOD SCHOOL IS BECAUSE
> WE DON'T HAVE A LOT OF BLAKCS OR ILLEGALS IN OUR
> SCHOOL. IF WE REMOVED THEM EVER SCHOOL WOULD BE
> LIKE CLIFTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Robert, I walked up to the school tuesday and asked for the asbestos report. They let me see it but would give out no copies. I wonder if the county planned this but the schools permit does expire this summer. Clifton elemantry is chock full of asbestos but this is nothing unusual for schools built back in the day. It would be a violation of federal law to use this school next year so those of us that fought to save CES have wasted our time.
I wonder why the school board did not point this out to us before. If you dont beleive me just go check it out like I did.

Posted by: Wow, thanks for info ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:05AM

I guess we must now accept that Clifton is going to close. If the school cannot pass the abesestos study(which it looks like it will not) then the school is toast.

When is option E coming out? I just want to find out where my kids are going next year.

Posted by: NewToClifton ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:10AM

Whiners Grow Up ! Wrote:
> These Cliftonites need to give it a break. If you
> want you own little school -- the proverbial
> little red brick school, then start a charter
> school or move to Iowa. In this era of budget
> cutbacks and three years of no teacher raises, the
> rest of the county should not have to subsidize

You don't understand - closing Clifton will actually cost more (in additions to other schools, additional transportation funds, etc.) than to leave it open and even do renovations to it. Closing it creates MORE overcrowding and will cost MORE in additions to other schools. It doesn't make sense, unless the SB has a vested monetary interest (or a kickback from it) in the Clifton ES site.

Posted by: NewToClifton ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:11AM

Why Should I Subsidize Your School? Wrote:
> Charter, schmarter. You can always Home-School
> your little urchins. That will keep in the
> insular, Stepford-wife confines of Clifton. The
> village that time forgot.

Kind of hard to homeschool with dual income families residing in normal size (yes, those do exist in Clifton) houses.

Posted by: shmasbestos ()
Date: December 23, 2010 03:53PM

This asbestos thing is a joke. Asbestos is NOT a problem as long as it is not floating around in the air. When it is disturbed (as it would be by building a new school at the Liberty site), then it is a problem.

I have a house with asbestos in it (tile, etc.). Do you think my house will be shut down by the feds?

Lots of schools have asbestos in them. It is only a problem if somehow it is disturbed and made airborne---like scraped off of something by mechanical means. Yes, if there is a renovation---then they have to use care in moving things and taking out structures that have asbestos. I was at Lee HS when they renovated it----tons of asbestos there---they used the plastic sheets and hired the right people to deal with it---no big deal. I was there the whole time and I feel fine (and am still alive and breathing well right now).

The kids will be FINE. I would wager that Clifton has some of the healthiest kids in the county (check asthma rates there). I have never heard of a parent barring their kid from a school due to asbestos.

Posted by: herewegoagain ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:03PM

The expense of asbestos abatement while renovating CES was already calculated into the cost. It STILL costs the county LESS to keep this school open than it does to build additions at multiple schools.

To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Sent: Tue Jun 29 10:15:52 2010
Subject: RE: Note

Yes, I have assumed $65,000 in abatement. We are checking the soils map now to verify whether the Clifton site is in the same problem soils area as Liberty.

My civil engineer is pulling the old Liberty geotech reports to verify that we did not encounter asbestos during its construction (I will let you know as soon as I find out – can you imagine if that were the case?).

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:07 AM
To: Sneed, Kevin
Subject: Note

Kevin,

If a renovation were done to Clifton do you think we find asbestos in that building and thus that certainly would require precautions?

BTW thanks for your time this AM!

Elizabeth T. Bradsher
Fairfax County School Board
Springfield District
Phone: (571) 296-1875

Posted by: question for help ()
Date: December 26, 2010 11:26PM

Can someone tell me where to find a good homeschooling program? Is there a website that sells the materials that I will need?

Posted by: Former clifton townie ()
Date: May 12, 2011 08:56PM

question for help Wrote:
> Can someone tell me where to find a good
> homeschooling program? Is there a website that
> sells the materials that I will need?

IS it for sure that the clifton school will close? Will they tear it down?

Posted by: I want a Nordstrom's ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:08PM

I hate driving to Tysons corner in my BMW.

Posted by: kdoubled ()
Date: May 12, 2011 10:44PM

move out of clifton where fairfax can tell you what to do. move to the city of falls church where the cost per pupil is through the roof and the tax payers still demand higher wages for the teachers. they hate diversity, too. you guys could move to falls church, it's just as pricey but your lot size for the same priced home will be 1/10 what it is in clifton. hell falls church has it's own high school, that is when you can really turn up your nose at the riff raff. how lame is it to have your own ES then have to send the kids away to rub elbows with common folk in HS??? 22046 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: F-22 ()
Date: May 13, 2011 11:19AM

How is Clifton rich?? Median household income is $117,000 compared to $188,000 for Oakton according to Wikipedia. Clifton people need to STFU and close this POS.

Posted by: done ()
Date: May 13, 2011 12:42PM

Former clifton townie Wrote:
> question for help Wrote:
> -----
> > Can someone tell me where to find a good
> > homeschooling program? Is there a website that
> > sells the materials that I will need?
>
>
> IS it for sure that the clifton school will close?
> Will they tear it down?

It's finished, kaput. I think they are going to turn it into a YMCA or low income housing.

Posted by: Sect.. ()
Date: May 13, 2011 09:24PM

done Wrote:
> Former clifton townie Wrote:
> > It's finished, kaput. I think they are going to
> turn it into a YMCA or low income housing.

Section 8?, Fantastic!!!!!!!

Pages: 123456AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.