HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819AllNext
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: O. Smith ()
Date: April 17, 2021 09:19AM

Thanks. I am relatively young compared to the rest of the Old Guys Gang who faithfully attend Smith's games. Mr Stafford was part of the that group who always made up to the top of the stands to sit near the 50 yard line. Each year I was amazed at how he could make it up their with us carrying his Oxygen concentration pack and his seat. He along with his buddies went to school with DeLong & Beard. They have shared those guys legendary accomplishments & the schools history with me & I hope to do the same for the next generation.

Last week's game was our first get together up in the stands & was so happy to see most of the gang up there. Little did I know what was happening down buy team locker room entrance before the game even started. I was just hoping it wasn't was one of the kids parents. Over the years we have seen a number kids lose a parent mid-season due to sudden issues like this!

Today will start out as strange and awkward like it did last week. But I am sure he'd expect us to cheer loud today & enjoy the game.

https://www.wtkr.com/sports/oscar-smith-football-pays-tribute-to-claude-stafford-jr-tiger-alum-and-booster

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Madison Warhawks ()
Date: April 17, 2021 01:16PM

Oh No
Attachments:
164-1649818_my-legs-spongebob-png-my-leg-spongebob-meme.png

Posted by: Madison ()
Date: April 17, 2021 01:24PM

Coach Counts was smart to ask his players to dive for Chantilly players' knees. That is what we do in Madison!

Posted by: XPMEX ()
Date: April 17, 2021 02:35PM

>>It's like a broken clock. Every year people are on here complaining about Madison and Robinson blocking techniques.

Didn't seem to be any complaints about blocking technique here when Madison played Chantilly in their house during the season and won. Teams don't change their entire blocking scheme for one game.

Posted by: Uh ()
Date: April 17, 2021 02:55PM

XPMEX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>It's like a broken clock. Every year people are
> on here complaining about Madison and Robinson
> blocking techniques.
>
> Didn't seem to be any complaints about blocking
> technique here when Madison played Chantilly in
> their house during the season and won. Teams
> don't change their entire blocking scheme for one
> game.

Maybe cause Madison never chop blocked during that chantilly game let one with a minute left to go before the half. It just looked intentional. On a 3rd and 5 too you run a 2 yard out route a minute before the half? And have your entire o line dive at the knees of Chantilly’s d line? They ran the same pay earlier with no chop block........

Posted by: Uh ()
Date: April 17, 2021 03:03PM

Didn’t really care who won the game last night thought both teams played really well towards the end but those kind of plays is why vhsl is reviewing to change the cut block. The thing with Robinson is that it’s in their playbook to cut block teams know it’s been there go to for blocking what Madison did last night was uncalled for legal sure but completely uncalled for. Robinson cut blocks for run plays not a 2 yard out with no intention of getting a first down passing plays where the intention is to hurt the other teams defensive line. Kid got hurt cause of it. Don’t see the nfl or many colleges do things like that. Anyways SOCO vs Madison will be a good one to watch

Posted by: Hey OK ()
Date: April 17, 2021 03:39PM

Nothing wrong on that play. Kid just got hurt. It happens and is assumed risk. Cuts in the open field are not cool. Someone needs to look at that. It’s reckless and dangerous. They targeted that DE. Madison kids are tough. Nothing wrong with how hard they play. Just don’t cheat or intend to hurt other players.

Posted by: Barefoot Steve ()
Date: April 17, 2021 04:58PM

Good thing rowley left oakton atleast coach Morgan can teach his players the age old technique of defending a cut block that is very much a part of football. Sad to see the liberal parents on here trying turn football into basketball. It’s a contact sport injuries happen however unfortunate you just have to deal with it. Stop bitching and go scrape the bird shit off the satellite dish on the top of your trailer and watch some CAA football.

Posted by: Billy E ()
Date: April 17, 2021 05:13PM

Mid 2nd qtr, In the SoCo Robinson game the refs missed a 3 play Robinson Goal line stand with 12 players on defense. That's one way to slow down that SoCo offense.

Date: April 17, 2021 05:17PM

Posted by: Lollllllll ()
Date: April 18, 2021 04:22AM

Coach Mike Lalli has applied for the woodson head coaching job

Posted by: Mike Lalli ()
Date: April 18, 2021 04:24AM

It is true. I want to be a head coach again. I can not stand Coach Simmons.

Posted by: Woodson ()
Date: April 18, 2021 09:25AM

Woodson isn’t open and if you want to write and reply to your own post to make a joke you should wait longer than 2 minutes.

Posted by: parentof2 - 4/16 results ()
Date: April 18, 2021 10:29AM

1. Briar Woods @ Stone Bridge (-27)
- SB rolls, 49-7.

2. Broad Run @ Tuscarora (-14)
- Tuscarora won, 21-13. Class 4 state favorites?

3. Chantilly @ Madison (-6)
- Madison won 19-14, missing the spread by a point. Darn. This game looks like it went exactly how I thought it would. Low scoring and defensive. Chantilly still had a good year. Wonder how much talent they will be bringing back in the fall.

4. Maury (-10) @ Deep Creek
- Maury won 41-0. Wow.

5. Manchester @ Highland Springs (-7)
- Looks like Highland Springs moves on. Don't know if the game was cancelled or not, I couldn't find a final.

6. Patriot @ Massaponax (-14)
- Ponax won and covered, 56-21.

7. Robinson @ South County (-15)
- Wish I was able to watch this one. SoCo won 34-27. Robinson's coaching staff is very underrated, way to keep it close.

8. Thomas Dale @ Oscar Smith (-28)
- Smith rolls 49-3.

Posted by: parentof2 state semis ()
Date: April 18, 2021 10:30AM

Hard to believe its already state semi’s week. This season flew by! Congrats to every team that has made it this far. With it being the state semi finals, all games are played Saturday afternoon.

1. Highland Springs (-3) @ Maury
- Out of town game of this week. This one is going to be an absolute dog fight. Neutral site game at the VA Beach Sportsplex I believe. I think whoever wins this game will beat Stone Bridge in the state championship.

2. Massaponax @ Oscar Smith (-20)
- Another neutral site game down in the 757. Doesn’t really matter where they play, Smith will win. Probably big.

3. South County (-8) @ Madison
- Game of the week. The match-up we have all been waiting for. I think the majority of us knew these 2 would eventually meet. Can Madison do enough to slow down SoCo? They will have to play a near perfect game. I wonder why the game is at Madison or how they determined what school to play at? Should’ve went with a neutral site. Looking forward to this one.

4. Stone Bridge (-21) @ William Fleming
Long 3 hour bus ride for SB for this one. I don’t think SB will have any problems with Fleming, but I’d be lying if I said I know anything about Fleming.

5. Tuscarora (-10) @ Salem

Posted by: HoldUp ()
Date: April 18, 2021 10:34AM

Coach Morgan couldn’t teach kids how to put their own girdle on. As a former player, he had us doing 10 sets of 3 on all of our work outs until a coach corrected him. HTF are you a PFIT guy and don’t know shit about sets/reps. He would always draw things up in the dirt when we were on offense even though we were running it great. Called WR Jet sweep = Buck Sweep. He’s a dumb ass. Oakton has some talent just don’t know how to use it. The funny thing is I heard he ran the offense last year (calling plays) wasn’t he a defensive guy?

Posted by: NutFan ()
Date: April 18, 2021 10:54AM

parentof2 state semis Wrote:
> Hard to believe it already states semi’s week.
> This season flew by! Congrats to every team that
> has made it this far. With it being the state semi
> finals, all games are played Saturday afternoon.
>
>
> 1. Highland Springs (-3) @ Maury
> - Out of town game of this week. This one is going
> to be an absolute dog fight. Neutral site game at
> the VA Beach Sportsplex I believe. I think whoever
> wins this game will beat Stone Bridge in the state
> championship.
>
> 2. Massaponax @ Oscar Smith (-20)
> - Another neutral site game down in the 757.
> Doesn’t matter where they play, Smith
> will win. Probably big.
>
> 3. South County (-8) @ Madison
> - Game of the week. The match-up we have all been
> waiting for. I think the majority of us knew these
> 2 would eventually meet. Can Madison do enough to
> slow down SoCo? They will have to play a near
> perfect game. I wonder why the game is at Madison
> or how they determined what school to play at?
> Should’ve gone with a neutral site. Looking
> forward to this one.
>
> 4. Stone Bridge (-21) @ William Fleming
> Long 3 hour bus ride for SB for this one. I
> don’t think SB will have any problems with
> Fleming, but I’d be lying if I said I know
> anything about Fleming.
>
> 5. Tuscarora (-10) @ Salem

I believe the 757 games will be played at the home teams' fields. Maury plays @ Powhatan Field which on the ODU Campus. Smith has traditionally played their Semi-State games at their stadium.

Posted by: RoboFan ()
Date: April 18, 2021 10:57AM

The Robinson staff is not underrated. In fact, they are quite overrated. With the talent on this team, they should still be playing, and should be on their to another state title. I’ve been watching Robinson football since my kids were there 15 years ago, and this is by far the most talent the school has ever had. They have the size and strength to win at the line, on both sides, and while they do not have any superstar skill players, they have enough quality ones to do damage across the field. But rather than utilize the players they have, they run an offense that cannot win against a decent passing team. If you would have watched the game Friday, you would have seen the game should have been over midway through the the 4th, but SoCo started celebrating after the last TD, and Robo caught a couple of breaks from the officials. The best QB on the team is the Jr. backup, and its not even close. But his dad doesn’t give enough money, so the kid sits, and they play a kid who has a weak arm and cannot complete a pass to any hone who is not wide open. That alone cost them a chance at the state title.

So no, they are not underrated. They are an underperforming staff who were blessed with a ton of talent this year. Wasted all of it.

Posted by: RoboFan 2 ()
Date: April 18, 2021 12:16PM

RoboFan #1 is correct, SoCo was leading 34-14 with 5 mins to go and thought it was over. Ref missed a couple clear calls and Robinson did have 1 great play call for a long passing TD. but SoCo should have won by 2 TDs. Robinson has so much talent this year.

The Robinson staff is not underrated. In fact, they are quite overrated. With the talent on this team, they should still be playing, and should be on their to another state title. I’ve been watching Robinson football since my kids were there 15 years ago, and this is by far the most talent the school has ever had. They have the size and strength to win at the line, on both sides, and while they do not have any superstar skill players, they have enough quality ones to do damage across the field. But rather than utilize the players they have, they run an offense that cannot win against a decent passing team. If you would have watched the game Friday, you would have seen the game should have been over midway through the the 4th, but SoCo started celebrating after the last TD, and Robo caught a couple of breaks from the officials. The best QB on the team is the Jr. backup, and its not even close. But his dad doesn’t give enough money, so the kid sits, and they play a kid who has a weak arm and cannot complete a pass to any hone who is not wide open. That alone cost them a chance at the state title.

So no, they are not underrated. They are an underperforming staff who were blessed with a ton of talent this year. Wasted all of it.

Posted by: Region final observer ()
Date: April 18, 2021 12:54PM

The game was pretty close for most of the 2nd half. It was 21-14 SC with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. SC picked up a 3rd & 20 and went on to score. After a quick drive Robinson threw an INT in the end zone on first down. SC drove the field and scored again aided by a personal foul on 3rd & 14 which would have forced a punt. Robinson then proceeded to score quickly after two soco penalties. They then stopped South County and forced a punt and hit a 75-yard touchdown pass to cut it to seven points with three minutes remaining. Then they recovered the onside kick and had three shots into the end zone to end the game from the 10-yard line. Robinson did make a tremendous comeback but they were in the game the whole time up until the 5-minute mark in the 4th quarter.
If Robinson has better players standing on the sideline then maybe they are better than South County. I did not see one RB, QB, or DB for Robinson that would be able to crack South County starting lineup.

Posted by: I Wonder ()
Date: April 18, 2021 01:15PM

What happened to the younger Spalding at South County? He had a great 2019 and I thought he would blow recruiting wise, but I literally have not heard anything about him this year. Nothing.

Posted by: Concorde mind ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:15PM

South County is in for a loud awaking against madison. Madison will come and hit them in the mouth every play and actually has a defense unlike any team soco has played. Madison is battle tested and will prevail over a cocky soco team that hasn’t been hit yet

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:21PM

RoboFan Wrote:
> The Robinson staff is not underrated. In fact,
> they are quite overrated. With the talent on this
> team, they should still be playing, and should be
> on their to another state title. I’ve been
> watching Robinson football since my kids were
> there 15 years ago, and this is by far the most
> talent the school has ever had. They have the size
> and strength to win at the line, on both sides,
> and while they do not have any superstar skill
> players, they have enough quality ones to do
> damage across the field. But rather than utilize
> the players they have, they run an offense that
> cannot win against a decent passing team. If you
> would have watched the game Friday, you would have
> seen the game should have been over midway through
> the the 4th, but SoCo started celebrating after
> the last TD, and Robo caught a couple of breaks
> from the officials. The best QB on the team is
> the Jr. backup, and its not even close. But his
> dad doesn’t give enough money, so the kid sits,
> and they play a kid who has a weak arm and cannot
> complete a pass to any hone who is not wide open.
> That alone cost them a chance at the state title.
>
> So no, they are not underrated. They are an
> underperforming staff who were blessed with a ton
> of talent this year. Wasted all of it.

Robo had 5 turnovers. 4 running back fumbles and a int. How is that the coaches fault. They still had a chance to tie and go into overtime. SoCo was gassed in the 4th quarter. #20 dropped a perfect passed on the last drive.. #8 on Soco palm pressed #36 in the chest before swatting ball out on 3rd and 7 in the left endzone. Pass interference for sure. The QB threw high on one of the last plays, could have been a td. QB did ok, wasn't great, but not horrible. If you watch, he did well avoiding the rush. I agree with you on many points about the coaches and how the players were used. The 2010 team would crush this team and so would the 04 and 05 team. The earlier 2000's too.

Posted by: CT9H4 ()
Date: April 18, 2021 03:10PM

He's there. And he's still pretty good. The last SoCo TD was him just flat beating a Robinson DB, and no one could catch him. According to the announcers on live stream, after the TD, he started posing and his brother was down in the end zone acting like he was taking pictures. They sound like a real classy family. Great athletes, though.

Posted by: Maxxprepppsss ()
Date: April 18, 2021 03:25PM

SemiFinals Week State Rankings. NorthernVA teams getting no respect this year!! The Concord District zero respect!!!

# School Ovr. Str. +/-
1 Massaponax (Spotsylvania) 8-0 22.1 +1
2 Life Christian Academy (Chester) 2-3 66.6 -1
3 Oscar Smith (Chesapeake) 7-0 16.7 +1
4 Stone Bridge (Ashburn) 7-0 10.1 +1
5 Lord Botetourt (Daleville) 8-0 16.4 -2
6 Liberty Christian (Lynchburg) 6-1 21.4 +3
7 Tuscarora (Leesburg) 7-0 18.0 +4
8 Lake Taylor (Norfolk) 6-0 18.5 -1
9 South County (Lorton) 8-0 16.7 -1
10 Maury (Norfolk) 6-1 23.4 +2
11 Benedictine (Richmond) 3-0 10.9 -5
12 Highland Springs 8-0 8.6 -2
13 Lafayette (Williamsburg) 7-0 11.2 +3
14 Appomattox County (Appomattox) 7-0 -1.3 +7
15 Manchester (Midlothian) 6-2 11.7 +10
16 Broad Run (Ashburn) 4-2 25.2 -2
17 Salem 8-0 9.5 +14
18 Abingdon 6-1 10.7 --
19 John Champe (Aldie) 5-2 15.2 -2
20 King George 8-0 10.7 +15
21 Patriot (Nokesville) 5-2 26.4 -8
22 Brookville (Lynchburg) 6-1 22.4 +6
23 Riverheads (Staunton) 8-0 -0.7 -1
24 Battlefield (Haymarket) 5-2 27.9 --
25 Madison (Vienna) 8-0 11.7 +11

Posted by: Kieran Leogue ()
Date: April 18, 2021 04:29PM

Brock Spalding is my bitch. Brock won't even catch a single pass against me.

Posted by: Chris Blanda ()
Date: April 18, 2021 04:33PM

South County's whole offense is SOFT.

Posted by: NBVNC ()
Date: April 18, 2021 04:45PM

Stop crap posting with names of Madison players...

That's bullshit! ! !

Posted by: Chris Blanda ()
Date: April 18, 2021 04:50PM

Were we not supposed to put our real names on this?

Posted by: emexe ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:21PM

Maxxprepppsss Wrote:
> SemiFinals Week State Rankings. NorthernVA teams
> getting no respect this year!! The Concord
> District zero respect!!!
>
>
> # School Ovr. Str. +/-
> 1 Massaponax (Spotsylvania) 8-0 22.1 +1
> 2 Life Christian Academy (Chester) 2-3 66.6 -1
> 3 Oscar Smith (Chesapeake) 7-0 16.7 +1
> 4 Stone Bridge (Ashburn) 7-0 10.1 +1
> 5 Lord Botetourt (Daleville) 8-0 16.4 -2
> 6 Liberty Christian (Lynchburg) 6-1 21.4 +3
> 7 Tuscarora (Leesburg) 7-0 18.0 +4
> 8 Lake Taylor (Norfolk) 6-0 18.5 -1
> 9 South County (Lorton) 8-0 16.7 -1
> 10 Maury (Norfolk) 6-1 23.4 +2
> 11 Benedictine (Richmond) 3-0 10.9 -5
> 12 Highland Springs 8-0 8.6 -2
> 13 Lafayette (Williamsburg) 7-0 11.2 +3
> 14 Appomattox County (Appomattox) 7-0 -1.3 +7
> 15 Manchester (Midlothian) 6-2 11.7 +10
> 16 Broad Run (Ashburn) 4-2 25.2 -2
> 17 Salem 8-0 9.5 +14
> 18 Abingdon 6-1 10.7 --
> 19 John Champe (Aldie) 5-2 15.2 -2
> 20 King George 8-0 10.7 +15
> 21 Patriot (Nokesville) 5-2 26.4 -8
> 22 Brookville (Lynchburg) 6-1 22.4 +6
> 23 Riverheads (Staunton) 8-0 -0.7 -1
> 24 Battlefield (Haymarket) 5-2 27.9 --
> 25 Madison (Vienna) 8-0 11.7 +11

True. These rankings are total shit. Half of these teams would have no chance to hang with Madison. That's just a fact. I mean, Champe ranked higher than anyone in the Concorde other than Oakton is a joke. That team is trash.

Posted by: Brock Spalding ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:37PM

Kieran Logue is my bitch. I will score 3 TDs against him.

Posted by: States ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:56PM

Spreads for state semi final games

Game of the Week: Madison vs South County(-10)
Should be a great game well anticipated matchup, however South County is the defending state champs so they get the edge.

Oscar Smith vs Massaponax(-17)
Massaponax will rattle the defense of Oscar smith they will be stunned and won’t know what hit them. We will know if Smith is legit or not after this game winner should be the favorite next week.

Stone bridge(-24) vs Fleming
Can Mickey get the elusive state championship

Posted by: Relax ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:57PM

It is not okay to come on here and use the names of players. These are children and it isn’t okay to be doing this. Let these kids go out and play football without adults using their names and creating fake arguments. Grow up!

Posted by: Dogecoin ()
Date: April 18, 2021 06:14PM

States Wrote:
> Spreads for state semi final games
>
> Game of the Week: Madison vs South County(-10)
> Should be a great game well anticipated matchup,
> however South County is the defending state champs
> so they get the edge.
>
> Oscar Smith vs Massaponax(-17)
> Massaponax will rattle the defense of Oscar smith
> they will be stunned and won’t know what hit
> them. We will know if Smith is legit or not after
> this game winner should be the favorite next
> week.
>
> Stone bridge(-24) vs Fleming
> Can Mickey get the elusive state championship

Are the games on Saturday?

Date: April 18, 2021 06:54PM

States Wrote:
>
> so they get the edge.
>
> this game winner should be the favorite next
> week.
>

Fredericksburg football isn't the same without Colonial Forge. They were way, way down this year. So, who did Massaponax beat? Patriot put 21 points on them with 6 players out for Covid precautions!!!

History is that teams go down to play Smith to find out they don't back down! I think your spread is backward with Smith-17.

Posted by: User 69 ()
Date: April 18, 2021 06:56PM

RoboFan Wrote:
> The Robinson staff is not underrated. In fact,
> they are quite overrated. With the talent on this
> team, they should still be playing, and should be
> on their to another state title. I’ve been
> watching Robinson football since my kids were
> there 15 years ago, and this is by far the most
> talent the school has ever had. They have the size
> and strength to win at the line, on both sides,
> and while they do not have any superstar skill
> players, they have enough quality ones to do
> damage across the field. But rather than utilize
> the players they have, they run an offense that
> cannot win against a decent passing team. If you
> would have watched the game Friday, you would have
> seen the game should have been over midway through
> the the 4th, but SoCo started celebrating after
> the last TD, and Robo caught a couple of breaks
> from the officials. The best QB on the team is
> the Jr. backup, and its not even close. But his
> dad doesn’t give enough money, so the kid sits,
> and they play a kid who has a weak arm and cannot
> complete a pass to any hone who is not wide open.
> That alone cost them a chance at the state title.
>
> So no, they are not underrated. They are an
> underperforming staff who were blessed with a ton
> of talent this year. Wasted all of it.
You’re not slick...GREG

Date: April 18, 2021 07:13PM

States Wrote:
>
> so they get the edge.
>
> this game-winner should be the favorite next
> week.
>

South County relies on the big play too much. Madison will shut that down & wear them out. They & Centreville are very similar but South County does have a better running QB! The Stallions aren't the same senior-laden team as 2019. So, they go back to who they've always been. A very good team that gives up the big wins in the 4th quarter. Instead of losing to Westfield, this time it's going to be against Madison.

Posted by: SoCo D ()
Date: April 18, 2021 07:58PM

I heard Coach Jennings made the winning call against Robinson for the SoCo defense. Is he still leaving? If he leaves who will be calling the D?

Posted by: RoboBryc Guy ()
Date: April 18, 2021 08:24PM

HA! "You’re not slick...GREG" - I know who Greg is.

Posted by: Doc? ()
Date: April 19, 2021 01:44AM

Maybe Doc should go back to where he came from.

Posted by: Dockers ()
Date: April 19, 2021 07:41AM

Woodson does not want Doc back. He burned that bridge on Olley Lane

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: April 19, 2021 07:54AM

RoboBryc Guy Wrote:
> HA! "You’re not slick...GREG" - I know who Greg
> is.

The guy said his kids attended RoBo 15 years ago. Doubt he has a Junior attending now. Pretty big spread between siblings.

Posted by: Greg St Claire ()
Date: April 19, 2021 04:12PM

RoboBryc Guy Wrote:
> HA! "You’re not slick...GREG" - I know who Greg
> is.

Wow. Just received a call about this post. Hi everyone, this is Greg. Literally. Greg St Claire. This would make the first and only time I've ever posted on this website - for High School Football or anything else. Nope, didn't write the post. Nope, didn't have any kids at Robinson 15 years ago (didn't live here 15 years ago). And fully support the Robinson coaches who just took this team to the Regional Championship - where they took the defending state champs down to the last second - led by OUR QB - who carved up their defense to lead us back after being down 3 scores with 5 minutes to play. So whoever posted trash about our QB clearly didn't watch that game. I was there, in the stands, screaming my frigging head off.

I think there are a number of people in this area who had me as a little league coach, basketball coach or know me personally. I think anyone who does knows I would never, ever post anything anonymously. If I have something to say, I usually just say it.

Oh...by the way...I actually give a lot of money to the Robinson Boosters, so that was kind of insulting...

I'm really not that slick...

Date: April 19, 2021 06:17PM

Nobody cares about your penile obsession about a Robinson Booster. They're done & your post is done.

Madison vs South County it won't matter, neither could be Massaponax or Smith anyway!!

Posted by: vkhkn ()
Date: April 19, 2021 07:18PM

Been lurking and posting on Fairfax Underground for 15 years. Never assume anyone's identity is legit. In fact, even now I highly doubt any of these posts were by the real Greg if there is such a person.

Posted by: Right ()
Date: April 19, 2021 08:07PM

NutFan Wrote:
> Nobody cares about your penile obsession about a
> Robinson Booster. They're done & your post is
> done.
>
> Madison vs South County it won't matter, neither
> could be Massaponax or Smith anyway!!

EXACTLY!!

Posted by: ATC4lyfe ()
Date: April 19, 2021 09:36PM

This was supposed to be Docs best class/team at Braddock and he couldn't even win the district? He finished 3rd in the district. Lost to Robinson twice and SoCo once, barely beat WS.

What happened, I thought he had the best staff in the state!

How much longer are we going to keep seeing mediocre football from a program that should be a top tier program? Every year under Doc, the Doc supporters say, wait until he has time to put his stamp on the program.

Well its been 4 years and Doc is 27-14, with a 3-4 record in the playoffs. The previous 4 years prior to Doc, 44-8, 8-4 playoffs record with 4 straight regional finals. So I guess his stamp hasn't been what his supporters promised it would be.

With the talent Braddock has year after year, maybe its time for a coaching staff change

Posted by: Ghhhg ()
Date: April 19, 2021 10:02PM

Why is the state final being held down south? All the schools down there have shitty grass fields opposed to the turf up north, is it because they will “let” more people in there?

Posted by: Greg @ VHSL Football 2021 ()
Date: April 19, 2021 10:56PM

Ghhhg Wrote:
> Why is the state final being held down south? All
> the schools down there have shitty grass fields
> opposed to the turf up north, is it because they
> will “let” more people in there?

Maury plays on ODU's Soccer field/ Turf. Lafayette has Turf. Smith's Grass is nearly collegiate quality.
Attachments:
Screenshot_20210419-225045~2.png

Posted by: Big Steppa ()
Date: April 20, 2021 12:42AM

Greg St Claire Wrote:
> RoboBryc Guy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > HA! "You’re not slick...GREG" - I know who
> Greg
> > is.
>
> Wow. Just received a call about this post. Hi
> everyone, this is Greg. Literally. Greg St
> Claire. This would make the first and only time
> I've ever posted on this website - for High School
> Football or anything else. Nope, didn't write the
> post. Nope, didn't have any kids at Robinson 15
> years ago (didn't live here 15 years ago). And
> fully support the Robinson coaches who just took
> this team to the Regional Championship - where
> they took the defending state champs down to the
> last second - led by OUR QB - who carved up their
> defense to lead us back after being down 3 scores
> with 5 minutes to play. So whoever posted trash
> about our QB clearly didn't watch that game. I
> was there, in the stands, screaming my frigging
> head off.
>
> I think there are a number of people in this area
> who had me as a little league coach, basketball
> coach or know me personally. I think anyone who
> does knows I would never, ever post anything
> anonymously. If I have something to say, I
> usually just say it.
>
> Oh...by the way...I actually give a lot of money
> to the Robinson Boosters, so that was kind of
> insulting...
>
> I'm really not that slick...

Greg likes balls

Date: April 20, 2021 05:36AM

Yeah, nobody cares about your Greg obsession.

Date: April 20, 2021 05:42AM

CallPreps projections for Saturday's SemiState games.
Overall Accuracy About 83% I'd they're too close to call at this point.

CLASS 6 PLAYOFFS
South County (Lorton, VA) at Madison (Vienna, VA), 2:00pm
[projection: South County (Lorton, VA) 22-17]

Massaponax (Spotsylvania, VA) at Smith (Chesapeake, VA), 2:00pm
[projection: Massaponax (Spotsylvania, VA) 36-35]

Posted by: Paint thinner ()
Date: April 20, 2021 02:04PM

Both games should be really good the cream has risen to the top this season. Talent and off-season prep have paid off for these teams. Wish the governor would let more people come to these games.

Posted by: Hard Steppa ()
Date: April 20, 2021 02:04PM

NutFan Wrote:
> Yeah, nobody cares about your Greg obsession.

That’s why your name is NutFan. You are fruity asl my guy. You really a fan of nuts lmaoooooooooo. Gay asl

Posted by: Maxxpreppps ()
Date: April 21, 2021 12:37AM

# School Ovr. Str. +/-
1 Massaponax (Spotsylvania) 8-0 22.1 +1
2 Life Christian Academy (Chester) 2-3 66.6 -1
3 Oscar Smith (Chesapeake) 7-0 16.7 +1
4 Stone Bridge (Ashburn) 7-0 10.1 +1
5 Lord Botetourt (Daleville) 8-0 16.4 -2
6 Liberty Christian (Lynchburg) 6-1 21.4 +3
7 Tuscarora (Leesburg) 7-0 18.0 +4
8 Lake Taylor (Norfolk) 6-0 18.5 -1
9 South County (Lorton) 8-0 16.7 -1
10 Maury (Norfolk) 6-1 23.4 +2
11 Benedictine (Richmond) 3-0 10.9 -5
12 Highland Springs 8-0 8.6 -2
13 Lafayette (Williamsburg) 7-0 11.2 +3
14 Appomattox County (Appomattox) 7-0 -1.3 +7
15 Manchester (Midlothian) 6-2 11.7 +10
16 Broad Run (Ashburn) 4-2 25.2 -2
17 Salem 8-0 9.5 +14
18 Abingdon 6-1 10.7 --
19 John Champe (Aldie) 5-2 15.2 -2
20 King George 8-0 10.7 +15
21 Patriot (Nokesville) 5-2 26.4 -8
22 Brookville (Lynchburg) 6-1 22.4 +6
23 Riverheads (Staunton) 8-0 -0.7 -1
24 Battlefield (Haymarket) 5-2 27.9 --
25 Madison (Vienna) 8-0 11.7 +11
26 Robinson (Fairfax) 5-3 23.8 -3
27 Heritage (Lynchburg) 6-2 15.5 --
28 Trinity Episcopal (Richmond) 1-1 28.8 +4
29 Hermitage (Richmond) 6-1 15.5 --
30 Stuarts Draft 7-1 6.2 --
31 Dale (Chester) 6-1 20.0 -12
32 Churchland (Portsmouth) 4-2 23.6 +1
33 Fleming (Roanoke) 6-2 15.6 +11
34 Briar Woods (Ashburn) 5-2 23.1 -8
35 Varina (Richmond) 4-2 13.9 +2
36 Salem (Virginia Beach) 3-1 24.6 +7
37 Independence (Ashburn) 5-1 14.1 +11
38 Riverbend (Fredericksburg) 4-2 19.6 --
39 Freedom (Woodbridge) 5-1 2.7 --
40 Phoebus (Hampton) 4-1 13.7 -20
41 Colonial Forge (Stafford) 4-2 19.6 --
42 Galax 8-0 -0.3 +5
43 Gar-Field (Woodbridge) 6-1 11.1 -3
44 Monacan (Richmond) 6-1 16.6 -29
45 George Washington (Danville) 7-2 10.2 -11
46 Deep Creek (Chesapeake) 6-2 21.5 -4
47 Chantilly 6-2 12.8 -2
48 Norview (Norfolk) 4-2 14.2 +4
49 Lake Braddock (Burke) 4-3 22.0 +1
50 Mountain View (Stafford) 4-4 21.6 -4

51 West Springfield (Springfield) 4-3 23.3 --
52 Green Run (Virginia Beach) 4-1 0.9 +5
53 Chancellor (Fredericksburg) 4-2 5.6 +8
54 Woodberry Forest 2-0 -8.4 +5
55 Kettle Run (Nokesville) 5-1 8.1 +5
56 Powhatan 4-2 11.4 -1
57 Westfield (Chantilly) 4-3 10.6 +7
58 Centreville (Clifton) 3-3 15.6 +7
59 Norcom (Portsmouth) 2-3 18.6 +12
60 Glen Allen 4-2 10.0 +7
61 Franklin County (Rocky Mount) 4-3 19.1 +5
62 Dinwiddie 4-2 7.1 -4
63 Patrick Henry (Roanoke) 5-2 9.8 +7
64 Sherando (Stephens City) 3-0 -2.8 +17
65 Pulaski County (Dublin) 4-3 10.8 +7
66 T.C. Williams (Alexandria) 4-2 7.7 +8
67 Cox (Virginia Beach) 4-1 6.5 +2
68 Deep Run (Glen Allen) 3-3 16.2 +7
69 Goochland 6-1 2.3 -7
70 Glenvar (Salem) 5-3 11.0 -2
71 Patrick Henry (Ashland) 6-1 2.3 -8
72 Central (Norton) 5-2 5.4 -19
73 Prince George 5-2 11.9 --
74 North Cross (Roanoke) 3-0 -24.2 +5
75 Louisa County (Mineral) 6-1 -0.9 +9

76 Potomac (Dumfries) 4-2 4.9 +1
77 Woodgrove (Purcellville) 3-3 20.6 -1
78 King William 3-1 -8.5 +11
79 Union [Appalachia/Powell Valley] (Appalachia) 6-2 2.1 +29
80 Grassfield (Chesapeake) 3-4 26.6 +2
81 Indian River (Chesapeake) 3-3 16.7 -1
82 Loudoun County (Leesburg) 2-2 22.6 +4
83 St. Christopher's (Richmond) 1-2 36.9 --
84 Nansemond River (Suffolk) 2-1 1.8 +8
85 South Lakes (Reston) 3-2 7.3 --
86 Hopewell 4-2 5.1 -8
87 Amherst County (Amherst) 3-4 22.0 +7
88 Strasburg 6-2 0.0 +12
89 New Kent 4-3 15.3 +21
90 Hampton 3-2 3.4 -2
91 Potomac Falls (Sterling) 2-3 20.7 +2
92 Midlothian 4-2 2.4 -1
93 Radford 4-2 3.0 +12
94 King's Fork (Suffolk) 2-1 3.2 -4
95 Tabb (Yorktown) 3-2 7.6 +29
96 Princess Anne (Virginia Beach) 3-2 3.2 +2
97 Rockbridge County (Lexington) 6-1 4.2 +4
98 Warwick (Newport News) 4-2 12.5 -2
99 Byrd (Vinton) 4-3 7.6 -2
100 Annandale 5-2 -4.4 -1

Posted by: Disksksk ()
Date: April 21, 2021 09:33AM

Who are the all district/region players playing in the semi-final game on Saturday?

Posted by: all region ()
Date: April 21, 2021 09:54AM

Disksksk Wrote:
> Who are the all district/region players playing in
> the semi-final game on Saturday?

1st team all region

South county
QB: Charlie Miska
WR: Brock spalding
OL: Gio Ramos
DE: Tyler Eischens
DL: Azzan Garrison
LB: Dorian Mitchell

James Madison

RB: Alex Jriege
OL: Jakob Willett
C: Joey Johnstone
DE: Kyle Porter
DL: Donavin Hansberry
LB: Ryan Salvosa
DB: Kieran Leogue

Posted by: Gameday Magazine ()
Date: April 21, 2021 10:41AM

South County DB Sam Dankah (Hokie commit)
Region 6c Defensive Player of the year

Disksksk Wrote:
> Who are the all district/region players playing in
> the semi-final game on Saturday?

1st team all region

South county
QB: Charlie Miska
WR: Brock spalding
OL: Gio Ramos
DE: Tyler Eischens
DL: Azzan Garrison
LB: Dorian Mitchell

James Madison

RB: Alex Jriege
OL: Jakob Willett
C: Joey Johnstone
DE: Kyle Porter
DL: Donavin Hansberry
LB: Ryan Salvosa
DB: Kieran Leogue

Date: April 21, 2021 05:32PM

Madison can focus on shutting down QB Charlie Miska & South County will be done.

Posted by: Wildcats ()
Date: April 21, 2021 08:28PM

Where is the centreville booster money going?? It looks like they should’ve paid haddock more to keep him he did a way better job than shields is doing. Somebody needs to fire shields and get haddock off the beach and back on the sideline. Everyone always said Haddock did so little with all the talent he had well shields has done even worse. The double wing doesn’t look so bad now

Posted by: catz fan ()
Date: April 21, 2021 09:25PM

Chill dude!

Sheilds has only been there for 2 seasons and 1 was a short season.
Give him another season or so, then see what the results are.

Look at Braddock, Doc has been there for 4 seasons with 1 short season, and they have gotten worse, but you dont hear the Braddock boosters complaining.

Let it play out, I am sure they will get better.

Posted by: lol idiot ()
Date: April 21, 2021 10:29PM

Guy thinks Haddock ran the Double Wing. Lmao

Posted by: Real Braddock Guy ()
Date: April 22, 2021 07:57AM

RE: "Look at Braddock, Doc has been there for 4 seasons with 1 short season, and they have gotten worse, but you dont hear the Braddock boosters complaining."

-They are not eating what Doc is cooking at LB. That talent is going, going, gone. They know it! The HEAT IS ON DOC. That staff is fired or Doc goes. Doc will be cooking at Angies next.

Posted by: XHBJK ()
Date: April 22, 2021 11:26AM

catz fan Wrote:
> Chill dude!
>
> Sheilds has only been there for 2 seasons and 1
> was a short season.
> Give him another season or so, then see what the
> results are.
>
> Look at Braddock, Doc has been there for 4 seasons
> with 1 short season, and they have gotten worse,
> but you dont hear the Braddock boosters
> complaining.
>
> Let it play out, I am sure they will get better.

How do you think it will get better esp without his son at QB?
Cvhs will consistently be in 4th place behind Madison, Tilly, WHS.

Posted by: MCFY9 ()
Date: April 22, 2021 12:45PM

catz fan Wrote:
> Chill dude!
>
> Sheilds has only been there for 2 seasons and 1
> was a short season.
> Give him another season or so, then see what the
> results are.
>
> Look at Braddock, Doc has been there for 4 seasons
> with 1 short season, and they have gotten worse,
> but you dont hear the Braddock boosters
> complaining.
>
> Let it play out, I am sure they will get better.

Some coach’s are better off as assistants rather than running the show. Look at Norv Turner, fantastic super Bowl winning asst coach, disaster as a head coach. Shields is obviously better off carrying Simmons jock cuz he is not the guy as HC.

Posted by: T4L4 ()
Date: April 22, 2021 03:37PM

MCFY9 Wrote:
> catz fan Wrote:
> -----
> > Chill dude!
> >
> > Sheilds has only been there for 2 seasons and 1
> > was a short season.
> > Give him another season or so, then see what
> the
> > results are.
> >
> > Look at Braddock, Doc has been there for 4
> seasons
> > with 1 short season, and they have gotten
> worse,
> > but you dont hear the Braddock boosters
> > complaining.
> >
> > Let it play out, I am sure they will get
> better.
>
> Some coach’s are better off as assistants rather
> than running the show. Look at Norv Turner,
> fantastic super Bowl winning asst coach, disaster
> as a head coach. Shields is obviously better off
> carrying Simmons jock cuz he is not the guy as HC.

While we are on the topic does anyone know who is the OC and DC for Madison and South County? Would any of them be better off as head coaches?

Posted by: Cooach Sim ()
Date: April 22, 2021 04:34PM

RE: "While we are on the topic does anyone know who is the OC and DC for Madison and South County? Would any of them be better off as head coaches?"
-Are you kidding? Isn't there like five former HCs on the staff or there was a year ago?

Posted by: dcoc ()
Date: April 22, 2021 06:04PM

none of the madison guys are HC material but they do a great job.

Hecht is the OC
Ray Gordon is the DC

Date: April 22, 2021 08:27PM

I think I just figured out what is happening to football in NorthernVA. There are still tickets available for the SemiState game @ James Madison vs South County.

https://gofan.co/app/events/304408?schoolId=VHSL

The Massaponax vs Oscar Smith tickets sold out in less than 2 Minutes!! AND that was with only ticket available per purchase!!!

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: April 22, 2021 09:14PM

And that’s surprising ???

Posted by: Doomsday ()
Date: April 22, 2021 10:09PM

It’s over for you stallions! Miska has been suspect and we have the guys to shut Spalding down, that defense hasn’t stopped anyone yet in the playoffs. SOCO is fucking done Saturday afternoon!

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: April 22, 2021 10:29PM

Doomsday Wrote:
> It’s over for you stallions! Miska has been
> suspect and we have the guys to shut Spalding
> down, that defense hasn’t stopped anyone yet in
> the playoffs. SOCO is fucking done Saturday
> afternoon!

I agree 9 is the best DB Spalding will face Madison is the best D SOCO has seen

Posted by: Stallion Dick ()
Date: April 22, 2021 11:16PM

Brock will smoke the Irish kid... leave him standing in his cleats. Miska will OWN the Warhawk secondary spreading the ball all over the field.

Posted by: Warhawknuts ()
Date: April 23, 2021 12:46AM

Stallion Dick Wrote:
> Brock will smoke the Irish kid... leave him
> standing in his cleats. Miska will OWN the
> Warhawk secondary spreading the ball all over the
> field.

Doubt it!- #9 ;)

Posted by: Whaaaa? ()
Date: April 23, 2021 05:36AM

Warhawknuts Wrote:
> Stallion Dick Wrote:
> -----
> > Brock will smoke the Irish kid... leave him
> > standing in his cleats. Miska will OWN the
> > Warhawk secondary spreading the ball all over
> the
> > field.
>
>
> Doubt it!- #9 ;)

So I guess Mr. Logue (the father) is now posting here.

Posted by: Probably Not ()
Date: April 23, 2021 07:08AM

...more likely disgruntled ‘Tilly players sock puppeting all of this... never know who is behind the names here.

Date: April 23, 2021 08:13AM

May 1st High School Football game attendance limits = 500 people.

May 15th Graduations at the very same, Stadiums = 5,000 or 30% Capacity.

He's YOUR Governor YOU ALL elected HIM. AND Terry McAuliffe is telling him what to do because he knows the truth about the Blackface scandal!!!

Posted by: 2 things ()
Date: April 23, 2021 09:23AM

1. Governor Coonman is a joke. Also can’t believe kids up here are wearing masks WHILE PLAYING FOOTBALL. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. Smith is going to look at whoever comes out of the north and start laughing hysterically.

2. Say SoCo comes out of the north, Spalding will get SHUT DOWN by that 4 star Smith CB. I’m talking he’ll be lucky to have 2 catches.

Date: April 23, 2021 10:29AM

2 things Wrote:
> 1. Governor Coonman is a joke. Also can’t
> believe kids up here are wearing masks WHILE
> PLAYING FOOTBALL. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. Smith is
> going to look at whoever comes out of the north
> and start laughing hysterically.
>
> 2. Say SoCo comes out of the north, Spalding will
> get SHUT DOWN by that 4 star Smith CB. I’m
> talking he’ll be lucky to have 2 catches.

Covil is playing more Safety this year & plays like Kenny Easley. He will blow up Spalding. I like him playing at the corner. You cannot game plan for his impact on big games!

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11144244/Sherrod-Covil

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: April 23, 2021 03:40PM

Did this Covil kid play last year against SC(Spaulding)...if so, did he blow him up last year? Just curious, didn’t watch the game.

Posted by: overrated ()
Date: April 23, 2021 03:52PM

Ya know, for someone who is a 4 star recruit with big time offers, he should have more than 30 seconds of film for each game. Kid seems overrated to me. He’s just an athlete.

Posted by: Idiots ()
Date: April 23, 2021 04:58PM

overrated Wrote:
> Ya know, for someone who is a 4 star recruit with
> big time offers, he should have more than 30
> seconds of film for each game. Kid seems overrated
> to me. He’s just an athlete.

You all clearly don’t know the game if you believe that kid is a technician and consistently makes plays

Where to Watch the Games Online
Posted by: That Guy ()
Date: April 23, 2021 05:24PM

Hate to be that guy but does anyone have the online links for Madison vs SOCO

Date: April 23, 2021 05:47PM

nufan Wrote:
> Did this Covil kid play last year against
> SC(Spaulding)...if so, did he blow him up last
> year? Just curious, didn’t watch the game.

There's plenty of film to watch! Every game is on NFHS. You'll see why I compare him to Kenny Easley (HOF Smith Alumn)

Spalding vs Smith:
5 reception 57 yards.... How does that compare to ANY other DB in NorthernVA??
I'm pretty sure Covil shut him down!

Overall Offense vs Smith

53 plays for 156 total yards
(12-21 for 102 pass yards, 1 intercept;
32 rushes for 54 yards)

This defense is better than 2019. Most of the Team returns next year & they may be improved in the Fall!!

Posted by: Live ()
Date: April 23, 2021 06:24PM

SoCo vs Madison will be on Warhawk Nation Live YouTube channel....
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCnVheAdhNYeQquCdgII5VAQ

Posted by: Gareee mojo ()
Date: April 23, 2021 09:08PM

Damn!
South County makes all the other high schools look like george Floyd!
For example:

“I’s cahn’t breeeeeeve!” “Where is my mama?!” “ mama! Mama! Helps me!”
Madison=fat bitch that tried to stab another

Date: April 24, 2021 08:17AM

Posted by: Concorde Remembers ()
Date: April 24, 2021 09:33AM

O. Smith Wrote:
> Hoping for good games for today. They are both on
> NFHS Network.
>
> https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/oscar-smith-hig
> h-school-chesapeake-va/gameb167b83e4
>
>
> https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/vhsl/gamde6f0cd
> 2c9

Good luck to today’s teams. Play hard, play fair, and play healthy

Posted by: Links? ()
Date: April 24, 2021 11:04AM

So the SoCo game won’t be on the Madison YouTube channel? I’m pretty sure the State tournament games cost money to watch. Basketball was $10 a pop.

Posted by: Live ()
Date: April 24, 2021 12:38PM

Madison folks have been told it would be on the Warhawk Nation Live channel (unless VHSL put the axe on that yesterday)

...as you would expect it will be shown live at the Vienna Inn.

Date: April 24, 2021 01:24PM

Links? Wrote:
> So the SoCo game won’t be on the Madison YouTube
> channel? I’m pretty sure the State tournament
> games cost money to watch. Basketball was $10 a
> pop.

So, go ask your mom for the $$$! It's $70 for the annual subscription but you get to watch as much Smith football as you can handle. I especially like to view the South County game. I love to see how the Tigers defense crushed South County. Even their all-everything WR was Zero for on every long pass AND Covil only covered him on a couple of plays!!! They gave their QB the MVP Award only because he was still alive after Smith pummeled him a dozen times!!

Posted by: Thx ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:24PM

I hope you’re right. JMHS has done a fantastic job with their live streams but the VHSL might Jew their way in there and make us pay. We will find out soon.

Does anyone have a Stone Bridge link? Thanks guys

Posted by: nfjdjs ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:25PM

Bro, nobody here gives a fuck about Oscar Smith. Go take that shit to a VA preps forum kid.

Posted by: Brent Musberger ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:51PM

This game will not materialize as a classic at all.

Madison = Baseball school with drunks at Vienna Inn reliving the past...

SoCo= Football Legacy rivaled only by Westfields

Posted by: Thx2 ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:53PM

Soco/Madison stream is up on Youtube guys.

Posted by: also... ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:55PM

That’s the only game that’s going to be free today as well. Who y’all got?

Posted by: Smitthyyy ()
Date: April 24, 2021 02:21PM

Wya Smith fag??? Losing already LOL.

Posted by: Look Tired ()
Date: April 24, 2021 02:29PM

Watching the SoCo - Madison game, SoCo just scored a TD. The Madison defenders are all walking around with their hands on their hips. Not a good sign if they're already tired. It's only the beginning of the 2nd quarter!

Posted by: Regional Watcher ()
Date: April 24, 2021 02:32PM

I thought the defense looked good, especially with that first INT. They better not be tired if they want to win

Stone Bridge and William
Fleming are tied at 7 as well

Posted by: SocoMad ()
Date: April 24, 2021 02:38PM

Holy shit Spalding just mossed the entire Madison D. Buttttt... he got hurt. And the play is coming back I believe.

Pages: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819AllNext
Current Page: 17 of 19

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.