HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
High School Football 2020
Posted by: High School Football 2020 ()
Date: December 10, 2019 02:08PM

Let's get this thing started.

Who are the leading c/o 21 recruits?

Any predictions for Coaching changes?

Who had the TOP JV program that will create the surprise team in 2021?

Will the same Top Teams be playing for their Regional Titles again in 2021?

Is anyone Bold enough to put out a 2021 Ranking for Region C & Region D?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: So Co again ()
Date: December 10, 2019 02:35PM

SoCo again in 2020.

Damn! They made Westfield look like deaf retards!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: coachchanges ()
Date: December 10, 2019 02:43PM

Langley's HC position is already open

several others that might come open as well

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Garett Morris ()
Date: December 10, 2019 04:15PM

Freshman QB on SoCo is 2nd string btw.

Dave Albo is smiling in Heaven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: regionguy ()
Date: December 10, 2019 06:38PM

coachchanges Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Langley's HC position is already open
>
> several others that might come open as well

SoCo if they win the state this year, Pannoni will probably retire. a lot of applicants for this one.
Annandale they were 0-10 and haven't been much better the past few seasons. time for a change?
Robinson made the playoffs but have struggled to keep up with the better teams. I think they make a change this year
Woodson AD usually runs coaching staffs off after then 2-3 years. who wants to deal with him?
Langley Open. not sure of the applicants
Lee made the playoffs at 2-8 does anyone really want that position?
Hayfield they won the district for last 3-4 year Henderson should get another year
West Potomac has a lot of talent but has struggle the past few years, time for a change?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: justthinking ()
Date: December 10, 2019 10:01PM

If the SC job does come open, that would be a top 5 job in the state. They would have their pick from a great pool of candidates. With the exception of Robinson and maybe West Pot, the rest of those HC positions, no one would really want. Any HC with experience will stay away from those. For a new HC, it would be the kiss death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Woodbridge ()
Date: December 12, 2019 05:07AM

Who's getting the Woodbridge job? It should be a pretty attractive job from the standpoint of talent available to build a top program, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: RonaldTrump ()
Date: December 12, 2019 10:19AM

Time for the rumors, what is opening and who is going where? I hear Poythress to Woodbridge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: So county tonite ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:22AM

So Co will dominate OSCAR SMITH.
Capitals....
Nationals....
So County.....
Mystics.....

“We are the CHAMPIONS!”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Phjj3 ()
Date: December 14, 2019 09:15AM

So county tonite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So Co will dominate OSCAR SMITH.
> Capitals....
> Nationals....
> So County.....
> Mystics.....
>
> “We are the CHAMPIONS!”


It's going to be a long, sad bus ride bach to NorthernVA. This is going be TOO big for a team that has never experienced being smacked around by Smith. Y'll need only to watch their game vs C. Forge to know that even their smallest player, cleaned their clocks and with a clean tackle which jolted the ball out at least twice!

Someone was stupid enough to post racist tweets this week on some of Smith player's twitter account. Dumb move; those Silver Backs are coming after y'all!!!

Get ready to get beat up today. I feel sorry for SoCo!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: HTUPH ()
Date: December 14, 2019 10:10AM

Phjj3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So county tonite Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So Co will dominate OSCAR SMITH.
> > Capitals....
> > Nationals....
> > So County.....
> > Mystics.....
> >
> > “We are the CHAMPIONS!”
>
>
> It's going to be a long, sad bus ride bach to
> NorthernVA. This is going be TOO big for a team
> that has never experienced being smacked around by
> Smith. Y'll need only to watch their game vs C.
> Forge to know that even their smallest player,
> cleaned their clocks and with a clean tackle which
> jolted the ball out at least twice!
>
> Someone was stupid enough to post racist tweets
> this week on some of Smith player's twitter
> account. Dumb move; those Silver Backs are coming
> after y'all!!!
>
> Get ready to get beat up today. I feel sorry for
> SoCo!!!


BOTH OF YOU ARE TRULY IGNORANT HUMAN BEINGS. JUST CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR MOMMA'S BASEMENT, PLEASE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: WTH is all this ()
Date: December 14, 2019 11:14AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: #SmithSet ()
Date: December 14, 2019 12:39PM

WTH is all this Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt4_GiCCm8U

DA2DEEP

#SMITHSET

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Racism is ugly ()
Date: December 14, 2019 01:32PM

Phjj3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So county tonite Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So Co will dominate OSCAR SMITH.
> > Capitals....
> > Nationals....
> > So County.....
> > Mystics.....
> >
> > “We are the CHAMPIONS!”
>
>
> It's going to be a long, sad bus ride bach to
> NorthernVA. This is going be TOO big for a team
> that has never experienced being smacked around by
> Smith. Y'll need only to watch their game vs C.
> Forge to know that even their smallest player,
> cleaned their clocks and with a clean tackle which
> jolted the ball out at least twice!
>
> Someone was stupid enough to post racist tweets
> this week on some of Smith player's twitter
> account. Dumb move; those Silver Backs are coming
> after y'all!!!
>
> Get ready to get beat up today. I feel sorry for
> SoCo!!!

Oscar Smith will lose. Just like the nuggets from Atlanta vs GOAT Tom Brady & company.
Today’s game will be like “remember the Titans”without the nigger players.

Just another win.

Also, ironic the schools(Maury and Oscar Smith)are named after people that wanted to integrate schools.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Lololkzzzz ()
Date: December 14, 2019 01:33PM

Racism is ugly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Phjj3 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So county tonite Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > So Co will dominate OSCAR SMITH.
> > > Capitals....
> > > Nationals....
> > > So County.....
> > > Mystics.....
> > >
> > > “We are the CHAMPIONS!”
> >
> >
> > It's going to be a long, sad bus ride bach to
> > NorthernVA. This is going be TOO big for a team
> > that has never experienced being smacked around
> by
> > Smith. Y'll need only to watch their game vs C.
> > Forge to know that even their smallest player,
> > cleaned their clocks and with a clean tackle
> which
> > jolted the ball out at least twice!
> >
> > Someone was stupid enough to post racist tweets
> > this week on some of Smith player's twitter
> > account. Dumb move; those Silver Backs are
> coming
> > after y'all!!!
> >
> > Get ready to get beat up today. I feel sorry
> for
> > SoCo!!!
>
> Oscar Smith will lose. Just like the nuggets from
> Atlanta vs GOAT Tom Brady & company.
> Today’s game will be like “remember the
> Titans”without the nigger players.
>
> Just another win.
>
> Also, ironic the schools(Maury and Oscar Smith)are
> named after people that wanted to integrate
> schools.

Let’s keep racism out of the VDHSL.if Oscar e. Smith wants to play their 21yr old sophomores, let them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Can’t see 2020 but I see 2019 ()
Date: December 14, 2019 06:22PM

So co beating osacar Smith !!!

Dave albo is smiling down on all of us fans!!

Thank you Dave!

Thank you for making soco a reality with ur land swap!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Way too early Region D rankings ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:08PM

Starting from the bottom will be easier
13. Langley
Losing QB and RB #22 who had over 5000 career yards of offense and their coach
12. Herndon
Pitiful program. Losing WR #11
11. Wakefield
Losing QB and RB #33. Receiver #21 will be a really good player if they can get someone to throw him the ball
10. Oakton
Getting better year after year but suffers from playing in the hardest district
9. Chantilly
2019 was their year but they failed to win a playoff game. Losing lots of their core from last season, don’t know who will be a difference maker next year.
8. Marshall
Don’t really know much about this team. Losing WR #17
7. Yorktown
Losing lots of talent, especially at the QB position. WR #11 might look to transfer if there is no one at YT to get him the ball
6. McLean
Loses WR #13 but keeps lots of their talent, especially QB and RB. Look for them to extend the streak against Langley for the next few years
BIG DROP OFF and longer write ups
5. W&L
Loses RB/LB #28 but keeps QB and lots of skill position guys. If they can get someone to block for the QB he will have a good season with some serviceable weapons. Look for big years from QB, WR/DB #8, UTL #9, and WR/DB #7
4. South Lakes
Loses WR #1, TE/DE #11, and RB #28. Keeps QB and WR #9 who will have good years and keeps their best defensive player NT #55 who was all-region. Always a well coached team who will stay in most games. Suffers from playing an easy schedule
Teams that will contend for region title
3. Madison
Loses QB LB #20 and loads of other talent. Keeps WR #29 and RB #1. Fell short of a rematch with Westfield this year. Will always have big boys up front blocking, but I’m a little worried about their QB situation. JV went 9-0 though so there will be some talent moving up to Varsity.
2. Westfield
Loses QB, DE #2, WR #17, DL #99, LB #26, and lots of other all region talent. RB #28 will be the best player in NOVA by his senior season, competing for that title right now with SOCO #10 WR. WR #15 will also be good if someone can get him the ball. They still have the best staff in NoVa and will always be able to stay with teams that are above their talent level (See SOCO game this year).
1. Centreville
Loses UTL and K/P #8 and DB #4. Keeps QB and WR #12 are both gonna be the best WR in the region. Centreville will be the team to beat in my opinion next year. They return their best player and their QB who will vastly improved with a year of experience and a whole offseason to train under his belt. Never like to bet against Westfield but Noah Kim will be at MSU next year, which blows the door open for next year.

I fully expect these rankings to be nowhere near the rankings by the end of the year next year but it was fun writing this. Overall, it should be an interesting season and I am excited for it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Way too early Region D rankings ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:18PM

I Meant to say that CVille QB and WR #12 will both be the best players at their position, not that they will both be the best WRs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: M6UD4 ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:20PM

CVHs will be top 3 but nowhere near the best, still behind Madison & WF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: chargers2020! ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:20PM

Way too early Region D rankings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Starting from the bottom will be easier
> 13. Langley
> Losing QB and RB #22 who had over 5000 career
> yards of offense and their coach
> 12. Herndon
> Pitiful program. Losing WR #11
> 11. Wakefield
> Losing QB and RB #33. Receiver #21 will be a
> really good player if they can get someone to
> throw him the ball
> 10. Oakton
> Getting better year after year but suffers from
> playing in the hardest district
> 9. Chantilly
> 2019 was their year but they failed to win a
> playoff game. Losing lots of their core from last
> season, don’t know who will be a difference
> maker next year.
> 8. Marshall
> Don’t really know much about this team. Losing
> WR #17
> 7. Yorktown
> Losing lots of talent, especially at the QB
> position. WR #11 might look to transfer if there
> is no one at YT to get him the ball
> 6. McLean
> Loses WR #13 but keeps lots of their talent,
> especially QB and RB. Look for them to extend the
> streak against Langley for the next few years
> BIG DROP OFF and longer write ups
> 5. W&L
> Loses RB/LB #28 but keeps QB and lots of skill
> position guys. If they can get someone to block
> for the QB he will have a good season with some
> serviceable weapons. Look for big years from QB,
> WR/DB #8, UTL #9, and WR/DB #7
> 4. South Lakes
> Loses WR #1, TE/DE #11, and RB #28. Keeps QB and
> WR #9 who will have good years and keeps their
> best defensive player NT #55 who was all-region.
> Always a well coached team who will stay in most
> games. Suffers from playing an easy schedule
> Teams that will contend for region title
> 3. Madison
> Loses QB LB #20 and loads of other talent. Keeps
> WR #29 and RB #1. Fell short of a rematch with
> Westfield this year. Will always have big boys up
> front blocking, but I’m a little worried about
> their QB situation. JV went 9-0 though so there
> will be some talent moving up to Varsity.
> 2. Westfield
> Loses QB, DE #2, WR #17, DL #99, LB #26, and lots
> of other all region talent. RB #28 will be the
> best player in NOVA by his senior season,
> competing for that title right now with SOCO #10
> WR. WR #15 will also be good if someone can get
> him the ball. They still have the best staff in
> NoVa and will always be able to stay with teams
> that are above their talent level (See SOCO game
> this year).
> 1. Centreville
> Loses UTL and K/P #8 and DB #4. Keeps QB and WR
> #12 are both gonna be the best WR in the region.
> Centreville will be the team to beat in my opinion
> next year. They return their best player and their
> QB who will vastly improved with a year of
> experience and a whole offseason to train under
> his belt. Never like to bet against Westfield but
> Noah Kim will be at MSU next year, which blows the
> door open for next year.
>
> I fully expect these rankings to be nowhere near
> the rankings by the end of the year next year but
> it was fun writing this. Overall, it should be an
> interesting season and I am excited for it

Chantilly isn't going to fall off that much. There is a lot of excitement about that program and everyone has bought into Coach Curry. They will be a solid playoff team again next season. And everyone knows that the Westfield RB is transferring to the WCAC. You can't get P5 offers playing at Westfield.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Stupid Chargers. ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:33PM

Are you that stupid or just a troll?
You guys suck and bought into your own hype. The best part of your team is gone next year. Big OL and backfield and QB. You guys will be battling Oakton for last place in your district. You’re about to go into next year with a QB who’s played flag football his whole life. Good luck with that. Slow footed weak arm. No speed anywhere, not at everyone or wr. Maybe the kid who left and reclassed will comeback as a 19yr old senior. You guys stink.

Asante- UNC also offers from 30+ P5 schools
Morin- Wake Forest
Delaney- UVA
Kim- MSU & VT
Royster- PSU
S Glennon- VT
M Glennon- NCST
Royal- VT
D Davis- ‘Cuse
Come again...?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: vyj6t ()
Date: December 14, 2019 08:50PM

Way too early Region D rankings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Meant to say that CVille QB and WR #12 will both
> be the best players at their position, not that
> they will both be the best WRs.

Nice write-up there. Thanks. Don't think you are far off. It's a bit early but I may have my own comments at a future date.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Way too early Region D rankings ()
Date: December 14, 2019 09:03PM

vyj6t Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Way too early Region D rankings Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I Meant to say that CVille QB and WR #12 will
> both
> > be the best players at their position, not that
> > they will both be the best WRs.
>
> Nice write-up there. Thanks. Don't think you are
> far off. It's a bit early but I may have my own
> comments at a future date.

Thank you. I’ll probably rewrite these once it’s clear who coaches where and who is transferring.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: klm5720 ()
Date: December 14, 2019 09:13PM

You see what the LB staff did with very limited talent they had this year.
I think it pretty clear that Doc and Lake Braddock will be the top team in 2020.
They have the best staff, QB and receiver in the state returning.

Jump on the Bruin Train now or you will get run over

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Roadblock257 ()
Date: December 14, 2019 09:35PM

Yorktown is not falling from region runner ups to being worst then McLean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Arlington fan ()
Date: December 14, 2019 11:38PM

Roadblock257 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yorktown is not falling from region runner ups to
> being worst then McLean.

You didn’t watch their backup QB play against Westfield. Couple that with players potentially transferring out and next year will be bad for YT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Numbat ()
Date: December 14, 2019 11:46PM

klm5720 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You see what the LB staff did with very limited
> talent they had this year.
> I think it pretty clear that Doc and Lake Braddock
> will be the top team in 2020.
> They have the best staff, QB and receiver in the
> state returning.
>
> Jump on the Bruin Train now or you will get run
> over


Lake Braddock might be legit next year. I hear Spaulding and others might transfer and build a super team

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: braddock bitches ()
Date: December 19, 2019 01:39PM

Numbat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> klm5720 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You see what the LB staff did with very limited
> > talent they had this year.
> > I think it pretty clear that Doc and Lake
> Braddock
> > will be the top team in 2020.
> > They have the best staff, QB and receiver in
> the
> > state returning.
> >
> > Jump on the Bruin Train now or you will get run
> > over
>
>
> Lake Braddock might be legit next year. I hear
> Spaulding and others might transfer and build a
> super team

Braddock will always do decent in the regular season, but when it comes playoff time they will collapse. No signature wins under doc and there never will be. Soft coaching and soft players will prevent them from ever winning anything meaningful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: alfhahah ()
Date: December 19, 2019 05:08PM

LB will lose to Soco & WF. Lose in the 1st round as per usual.
WF won’t fall off as bad as everyone thinks.
Yorktown will tho. 5-5 season coming up.
Spalding probably stays. He plays LAX & Soco is solid at LAX. He’ll be able to get major offers at Soco. If he does transfer, it’ll be WCAC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: lbfan4300 ()
Date: December 19, 2019 05:52PM

I think everyone will agree, LB has the best QB and the best staff in the state.

They will be the State Champions for 2020

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Loagie ()
Date: December 19, 2019 07:22PM

Way to early to tell but based on what is coming back and what is coming up, SOCO could be tough again. Yorktown is losing QB and many others. ROBO could be better if they can further develop their passing game. WF will be tough again but a down year for them, 8-2.

In terms of coaches -

Lets hope that Pannoni does not retire. if he does there will be many applicants for this one but should go to one of the quality assistant coaches, no telling what the assclown DSA would to.

Annandale is time for a change but is tough for anyone to win there

Langley is open, this could be a decent job for the right person, we'll see

Hayfield should replace Crooked Henderson as quickly as possible, multitude of problems, not just wins and losses, DSA should do what is right, NOW.

West Potomac should replace big boy ASAP. Real winner of a DSA, lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Be interested in ()
Date: December 19, 2019 07:44PM

Interested in what’s in store for wshs

Parker has the job now so that’s solidified

Certainly the team did play well this year and it felt like they really took the reins off and opened up the offense

Overall the offense was much more productive than the last couple years

But how do they far now that there’s tape on the way Parker coaches versus Eldridge

They’ll lose Muskett to graduation so who will play QB

Bigger question is going to be the same question each year though

Can wshs finally break through and get one or two signature wins

I think they’re good for 5/6 wins depending on the squads depth and the schedule but if they’re going to make some noise then they’ve gotta be able to take one or two of the following four (Robo/Braddock/Soco/whatever other big boy team they play that season)

I think the programs in good hands and it’s stable enough to be 6-4/7-3 more often than not but at some point they’ve gotta figure out how to make the next step which given the limited talent is hard

Also, Pannoni is definitely retiring, good way to go out though

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: nbfha ()
Date: December 19, 2019 07:52PM

Interesting enough WSHS lost to soco/Lb/ROBO all by 2 scores. Doubtful they’ll be over to get over that hump next year. The schedule is the same as this year, just flipped. They could potentially also lose to SL/TC and finish 5-5.

When is VHSL going to move the State Championship back to UVA? Hampton is 2nd time compared to UVA. (A lot more ghetto too) It also gives all the 757 teams a home field advantage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: CandleShine ()
Date: December 19, 2019 10:19PM

Everyone sleeping on langley we got a strong 22 class and we are going to be competing for a regional championship and push for 15 games

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Highlander and proud ()
Date: December 20, 2019 10:24AM

CandleShine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone sleeping on langley we got a strong 22
> class and we are going to be competing for a
> regional championship and push for 15 games


Wrong, you guys are nothing without Tre. McLean runs the great falls area now

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Yea I know ()
Date: December 20, 2019 11:32AM

nbfha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting enough WSHS lost to soco/Lb/ROBO all
> by 2 scores. Doubtful they’ll be over to get
> over that hump next year. The schedule is the same
> as this year, just flipped. They could potentially
> also lose to SL/TC and finish 5-5.
>
> When is VHSL going to move the State Championship
> back to UVA? Hampton is 2nd time compared to UVA.
> (A lot more ghetto too) It also gives all the 757
> teams a home field advantage.

Yea that’s what I figure wshs is good for 5-5/6-4 consistently but without a couple superstar players every so often they don’t go beyond that

The issue is parents and boosters thinking they should be better and not realizing that most of the talent has siphoned off to LB or Soco

That said Parker has to do really bad for a couple of years to get replaced or Muir would move on and a new DSA with different expectations

And I’m not trying to say it’s a bad gig just tough since you want to be more successful for the kids and school culture but in your head/heart you know that you’re probably just a just good enough team but not a good potentially great team

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: WSco23 ()
Date: December 20, 2019 12:01PM

Yea I know Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nbfha Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Interesting enough WSHS lost to soco/Lb/ROBO
> all
> > by 2 scores. Doubtful they’ll be over to get
> > over that hump next year. The schedule is the
> same
> > as this year, just flipped. They could
> potentially
> > also lose to SL/TC and finish 5-5.
> >
> > When is VHSL going to move the State
> Championship
> > back to UVA? Hampton is 2nd time compared to
> UVA.
> > (A lot more ghetto too) It also gives all the
> 757
> > teams a home field advantage.
>
> Yea that’s what I figure wshs is good for
> 5-5/6-4 consistently but without a couple
> superstar players every so often they don’t go
> beyond that
>
> The issue is parents and boosters thinking they
> should be better and not realizing that most of
> the talent has siphoned off to LB or Soco
>
> That said Parker has to do really bad for a couple
> of years to get replaced or Muir would move on and
> a new DSA with different expectations
>
> And I’m not trying to say it’s a bad gig just
> tough since you want to be more successful for the
> kids and school culture but in your head/heart you
> know that you’re probably just a just good
> enough team but not a good potentially great team


I don’t believe west Springfield is as far off as some seem to. The defense is the problem. They’ve been bad for several years, giving up 40+ several times. Did Parker bring a new defensive staff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: D9NHN ()
Date: December 20, 2019 01:48PM

WSHS is back to the end of the line without Musket. Kid was better than 75% of QB’s out there. You're gonna miss him and his playmaking ability. 4-6 if you’re lucky beast bet on 3-7. Offense will score 9pts a game next season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: UnknownPoster ()
Date: December 20, 2019 03:12PM

Coach Ross is out at West Potomac. Who will fill this position?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Source ()
Date: December 20, 2019 05:32PM

Saw Ross this week and he was talking about next year. Source of info? He was fired? Quit? Is this bullshit you heard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: UnknownPoster ()
Date: December 20, 2019 08:53PM

Source Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw Ross this week and he was talking about next
> year. Source of info? He was fired? Quit? Is this
> bullshit you heard


My source is a highly-placed county official. Don't shoot the messenger. Ross is a goner. He "resigned" but may have been asked to do so.


I actually think he is a good coach.....things just didn't work out the past two seasons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: FB Coach ()
Date: December 20, 2019 09:29PM

Ross is a good coach. West Pot was always strong on offense when healthy, but struggled on D. Ross ran the offense but never got someone to get it done for him on D. Would be a good HC hire somewhere else or a great OC hire at any school.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: TruthBTold ()
Date: December 22, 2019 02:17PM

Was he a good Offensive coach; maybe, but a terrible Head Coach. How many times did he argue a call not going his way? He spent most of his tenure on the field yelling at referees. The last two season wasn't because of the injuries to players but the lack of coaching! In the first three seasons of his texture went on to be successful. His first 3-years, he had a lot of talent but never had discipline on and off the field. The last two seasons, the team went 7-14 losing to teams like Mt Vernon twice, Marshall and Annandale. As a former player, Coach Ross never had any game management. Sure, he’d probably be a good coordinator but not as a Head Coach

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: regionguy ()
Date: December 22, 2019 04:10PM

He seems like a good guy, but he does argue to much with the officials and that's not going to set very well with a lot of DSAs. Not sure how well he would fit as Coordinator, he seems like he wants to run the whole show.If he does get hired as a Coordinator, he would need to be up in the box, so he wouldn't get penalties.

West Pot always has a lot of very good athletes and Ross got very little in return from them. Maybe he should apply at Langley and see if he could make a go at that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Region2020 ()
Date: December 22, 2019 09:04PM

Any early candidates for the West Po job?


regionguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He seems like a good guy, but he does argue to
> much with the officials and that's not going to
> set very well with a lot of DSAs. Not sure how
> well he would fit as Coordinator, he seems like he
> wants to run the whole show.If he does get hired
> as a Coordinator, he would need to be up in the
> box, so he wouldn't get penalties.
>
> West Pot always has a lot of very good athletes
> and Ross got very little in return from them.
> Maybe he should apply at Langley and see if he
> could make a go at that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: PnTmG ()
Date: December 23, 2019 12:58AM

Region2020 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any early candidates for the West Po job?
>
>
> regionguy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He seems like a good guy, but he does argue to
> > much with the officials and that's not going to
> > set very well with a lot of DSAs. Not sure how
> > well he would fit as Coordinator, he seems like
> he
> > wants to run the whole show.If he does get
> hired
> > as a Coordinator, he would need to be up in the
> > box, so he wouldn't get penalties.
> >
> > West Pot always has a lot of very good athletes
> > and Ross got very little in return from them.
> > Maybe he should apply at Langley and see if he
> > could make a go at that.

Cue the annual calls for Aziz. Probably a good fit in reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Falls Church ()
Date: December 23, 2019 05:31AM

Aziz is the perfect candidate for WP. It’s a very similar demographic but with more players and better talent. He has won at a school where nobody expected him to be able to compete. If and when he leaves FC never is above 500 again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Old school 2 ()
Date: December 23, 2019 11:12AM

Howerton And poythress both coached us at WP long ago. Bring them back with Coach E running thangs. It's over

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: ImGumby ()
Date: December 23, 2019 08:52PM

I wouldn't trust the AD at WP with hiring anyone, let alone the varsity football coach. I've passed kidneys stones with more common sense than he has.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Caller of BS ()
Date: December 24, 2019 11:31AM

Falls Church Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aziz is the perfect candidate for WP. It’s a
> very similar demographic but with more players and
> better talent. He has won at a school where nobody
> expected him to be able to compete. If and when he
> leaves FC never is above 500 again.

Really? The demographic is nothing alike. Where do you get your info? And how well did FC compete this year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Hold on ()
Date: December 24, 2019 12:07PM

Not sure who all these scrub coaches you are mentioning but coach Henderson has dibs on any open position.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: No thanks ()
Date: December 24, 2019 08:57PM

Who wants it? You do not get anything extra but a stipend. You work 12 months straight - all summer. No days off From August to November. You teach a full course load. It is not like you get an extra 30,000 - 50,000 plus a year. The hours are horrible and expectations unrealistic with often administrators who never coached let alone run a big time varsity team.
This is not like coaching at Clemson, OSU, PSU... Coaches are making millions of dollars. What is the big attraction? Plus to have a bunch of pathetic losers get on this site and bash you. I would bet most of these idiots are the sloppy freshmen/JC coaches or the jealous former head coaches who want back in.
Oh yes PLEASE SIGN ME UP FOR THAT! Please, please let me be the head coach of West Potomac, Hayfield, Langley,... For what? To hear a bunch of snotty nose millennials who coach the freshmen team or jv team bash you. Please explain to me the big attraction being the head coach at Langley or West Potomac or anywhere?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Truist ()
Date: December 27, 2019 04:34PM

No thanks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who wants it? You do not get anything extra but a
> stipend. You work 12 months straight - all summer.
> No days off From August to November. You teach a
> full course load. It is not like you get an extra
> 30,000 - 50,000 plus a year. The hours are
> horrible and expectations unrealistic with often
> administrators who never coached let alone run a
> big time varsity team.
> This is not like coaching at Clemson, OSU, PSU...
> Coaches are making millions of dollars. What is
> the big attraction? Plus to have a bunch of
> pathetic losers get on this site and bash you. I
> would bet most of these idiots are the sloppy
> freshmen/JC coaches or the jealous former head
> coaches who want back in.
> Oh yes PLEASE SIGN ME UP FOR THAT! Please, please
> let me be the head coach of West Potomac,
> Hayfield, Langley,... For what? To hear a bunch of
> snotty nose millennials who coach the freshmen
> team or jv team bash you. Please explain to me the
> big attraction being the head coach at Langley or
> West Potomac or anywhere?


You do have a point.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: fanatic112 ()
Date: December 31, 2019 02:22PM

langley and mclean posters. stop, both programs are shit and always will be. langley lost to oakton and mclean has won 5 games in 3 years

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Regional ()
Date: January 01, 2020 05:34PM

Anyone hearing anything on coaching moves? Who’s up for the Langley and WP jobs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Dick Tracy ()
Date: January 01, 2020 07:10PM

Looks like Urban Meyer at West Pot and Jay Gruden Langley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: i believe that we will win ()
Date: January 01, 2020 07:49PM

I understand a LB assistant is looking at the West Pot job.
It makes sense, the best staff in the state, should be an easy hire.
After working under Doc for a few years, they will get a plan in place right away to get that program turned around, just like they did a LB

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Shaw 22 ()
Date: January 01, 2020 08:46PM

Bud Foster is coming to Langley.
Look for a sleeper at West Pot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: The Eye 2 ()
Date: January 02, 2020 09:49PM

Was told by a person that knows that two former state champions have interest in West Pot. One in County and one out. Not sure about assistant at LB - have not heard that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Bruin2017 ()
Date: January 02, 2020 10:58PM

The Eye 2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was told by a person that knows that two former
> state champions have interest in West Pot. One in
> County and one out. Not sure about assistant at LB
> - have not heard that.

Noone is leaving Lake Braddock football so just stop it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Concorde ()
Date: January 02, 2020 11:19PM

5) Oakton, not gonna be as bad, but will win at max 4 games. Decent head coach and an alright qb who will be the star

4) Chantilly, Lost ALOT, and yes I mean a lot. 24 and 13 will return on defense, 21 on offense, that’s about it. hope chantilly fans enjoyed your 1 pathetic year

3) Westfield, Great coaching but I’m not sure about the QB position, 28 will transfer out, 15 will be the only threat on offense, but will have a solid defense. But you never know with Westfield they could always get some transfers and contend, just with the talent right now, they can’t hang with cville and Madison

2) Centreville, 4 8 and 20 will be gone but have a good core around 12, QB is fucking awful, but he will have people to chuck the ball up too, but could see a region finals appearance

1) Madison, I’ll give them the #1 spot because they will be prepared because of their schedule, they lost a lot on defense, but only 12 on offense. They had a bunch of juniors on defense, but whole offense was juniors and sophomores. Great coaching will win them the region and face against LB or SoCo in state semis, don’t think they can hang with the 757 though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: bullrun ()
Date: January 03, 2020 06:37PM

Very successful current Loudoun coach has submitted his app for West Potomac, won a state at another school. DSA will mess it up, he is totally inept for the job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: regioguy2020 ()
Date: January 03, 2020 08:02PM

I call BS. why would a very successful Loudoun coach want to come to West Pot?

High Cost of living does not off set the extra salary and the stress of trying to rebuild a football program at a school where you are relying on a lot of single parent homes where sports are not a luxury not a priority.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: huwdf ()
Date: January 03, 2020 08:20PM

Concorde Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Great coaching will win them the region and face
> against LB or SoCo in state semis, don’t think
> they can hang with the 757 though.

Here we go again. There is nothing special in the 757. It's high school football. 757 hasn't won a title in 5 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Mikey from Fairfax ()
Date: January 04, 2020 08:54PM

Word is that state champ from PWC and nova applied too. Heard that they have a in with West Pot admins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Regional ()
Date: January 05, 2020 03:08PM

With the right coach, WestPo should have a pretty high ceiling. Plenty of good athletes down route 1. What they are going to need is a coach that can instill some discipline. Of course that’s the issue all those Rt 1 schools have. With just a little discipline, MV would have smoked LB in their playoff game. But that’s apparently the trick. Can’t see a PWC coach or Aziz being able to crack that nut. Maybe a Westfield Asst or LC coach.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Regionguy2020 ()
Date: January 05, 2020 04:44PM

Aziz is a disciplinarian, not sure about any PWC Coach.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Nova Man ()
Date: January 05, 2020 05:06PM

I spoke to a very prominent assistant in Fairfax with head coaching experience and he is applying. Likes West Pots potential. I know another big time coach out of state with Fairfax connections thinking of applying too. He likes the pay and potential at West Pot.

What about Langley?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: k ()
Date: January 05, 2020 06:53PM

.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: dmvfootball ()
Date: January 08, 2020 12:41PM

Can anyone confirm if and when Pannoni is retiring? They may have won States, but at what cost? He has run the program into the ground. Like 5 returning Seniors next year. Someone needs to turn it around!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: regionguy2020 ()
Date: January 08, 2020 02:03PM

Joe Mangano former North Stafford HC most recently assistant at Mt Vernon, will get the West Pot job. Most qualified by far, announcement soon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: SoCo Bitches ()
Date: January 08, 2020 05:42PM

Say my name bitch!

Say my name!

SoCo will repeat in 2020

Love,
Brock’s dad

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Donavan mc nab ()
Date: January 09, 2020 06:08AM

Is it true that Donovan Mcnabb has been offered a coaching gig bc his son is now a freshman ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Dick Adams ()
Date: January 10, 2020 05:26PM

dmvfootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone confirm if and when Pannoni is
> retiring? They may have won States, but at what
> cost? He has run the program into the ground. Like
> 5 returning Seniors next year. Someone needs to
> turn it around!


You must be smoking some of my mulch. Soco returns 7 starters on offense and 6 on defense. He's got a ton of talent on bot sides that can get them back to Oscar Smith, they will get crushed, but they'll get there. Sorry all you Doc Lovers you'll lose to Soco twice again next year, Braddock is too soft.

Dick Out!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Mangano ()
Date: January 10, 2020 05:30PM

regionguy2020 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe Mangano former North Stafford HC most recently
> assistant at Mt Vernon, will get the West Pot job.
> Most qualified by far, announcement soon


Mangano will win at WP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: klm5720 ()
Date: January 10, 2020 07:02PM

Dick Adams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dmvfootball Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can anyone confirm if and when Pannoni is
> > retiring? They may have won States, but at what
> > cost? He has run the program into the ground.
> Like
> > 5 returning Seniors next year. Someone needs to
> > turn it around!
>
>
> You must be smoking some of my mulch. Soco returns
> 7 starters on offense and 6 on defense. He's got a
> ton of talent on bot sides that can get them back
> to Oscar Smith, they will get crushed, but they'll
> get there. Sorry all you Doc Lovers you'll lose to
> Soco twice again next year, Braddock is too soft.
>
>
> Dick Out!!!

I think everyone will be favoring Doc and the Bruins in 2020 to win it all. They have gotten better every year under Doc and this program has really turned around.

They have Billy the top QB in in the state, Doc and staff the top coaches in the state. I just dont see anyone beating them this year.

Come on and jump on the Bruins train as it rolls through state

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: back in da day ()
Date: January 10, 2020 10:11PM

How about Fort Hunt or Groveton?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Football ()
Date: January 11, 2020 10:55AM

Kim, no one will be favoring your Doc anytime soon! He’s directly responsible for burying a JV football player’s sex scandal. The truth will catch up to him!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: bruinfan2020 ()
Date: January 11, 2020 12:31PM

This must be wrong and happened under the other coaches watch.
Doc doesn't allow this sort of thing in his program. Docs players behave, they go to class and do not give teachers a hard time.

Core Values of the Program: Urgency - Competitiveness - Toughness - Discipline - Significance... so as you can see, stuff like this doesn't happen on Docs watch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: State Champ? ()
Date: January 11, 2020 12:53PM

Who is a State champ from PWC? Last team to win out of PWC is Battlefield in 2010. Mark Cox coming out of retirement. Say whatttttt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Uh huh.... ()
Date: January 11, 2020 06:52PM

Soco needs a QB. Back up this past season is horrendous. Not ready for Friday night lights.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: AlexGeek65 ()
Date: January 12, 2020 06:46PM

I like it!! For me interesting everything about football

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: BigManUpFront ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:25PM

WL is losing 4 of their 5 OL from last year who were a big part in the QB #10 success. Without them many games wouldn’t have been won, especially the ones where they scored 40+ points, like Langley, McLean, Justice, Herndon. QB is going to have weapons, but they have to find him a Wall up front if they want to do anything to move the ball

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: bigseasonahead ()
Date: January 15, 2020 09:33PM

So which team is going to be the Woodson of 2018 and Chantilly of 2019 this fall?

That is: a team loaded with seniors that is going to make a big jump in wins and/or playoffs performance compared to last season?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: TelltheTruth ()
Date: January 16, 2020 08:15PM

Football Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kim, no one will be favoring your Doc anytime
> soon! He’s directly responsible for burying a JV
> football player’s sex scandal. The truth will
> catch up to him!

When will this story either come out or end? What will it take? Has this JV kid be removed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: DaddyBall2020 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 08:16PM

Uh huh.... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Soco needs a QB. Back up this past season is
> horrendous. Not ready for Friday night lights.

Soco has had quality QB's since Pannoni has been there. A freshman QB went 8-0 and played in varsity games. Another freshman started on JV. The varsity backup played RB and got reps until he broke his foot in practice week 9. They'll be fine with a bunch of returning players on both sides of the ball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: socofan2020 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 09:50PM

The freshman that started on JV was awful, wasn't he the kid that came from Braddock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: fuck off124 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 10:38PM

hey lake braddock fag shut up. “i think everybody agrees” fuck off. i think everybody agrees your a low life faggot, along with the wannabe program at braddoc. everyone agrees they choke dick in the play offs and apparently the locker room too

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: RealCoachJim ()
Date: January 20, 2020 06:53PM

Why is Lake Braddock so "SOFT" since I left? I owned SoCo! Beat Westfield and Stonebridge. Doc can't compete with me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: DocRules ()
Date: January 20, 2020 08:03PM

Doc gets kids into college, Coach P just got mad when he lost to Westfield.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Docdoesrule ()
Date: January 20, 2020 09:57PM

DocRules Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doc gets kids into college, Coach P just got mad
> when he lost to Westfield.

Yes, and the same kids he would bust his ass to help will take his program apart now. What a shame because Doc made a huge difference. It’s over, especially with nobody backing Doc. Assholes rule. Everyone knows about the sophomore locker room sexual assault case at LBSS but no one will step forward and validate the allegations with the police or tell Doc the truth? That’s messed up! Are they scared of each other? Cowards. Losers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Bill Frederson ()
Date: January 21, 2020 03:36AM

Highschool football is gay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: 4C3MN ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:39PM

Any announcements on the Langley or WestPo job?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: time4 a change ()
Date: January 21, 2020 07:11PM

DocRules Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doc gets kids into college, Coach P just got mad
> when he lost to Westfield.

Doc gets kids into college? How come he cant win with all the great players he has had and got them into college in the last 3 years?

I think the players have figured out that Doc isn't a very good coach and have stopped listening to him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: footballxx ()
Date: January 21, 2020 10:40PM

I'm pretty sure winning games and getting his kids recruited are the least of his worries right about now. If you decide to bury not one, but several sexual assault cases that happened in your own locker rooms, I'm pretty sure the actual game of football is the last thing on his mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: VFBgrad17 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 06:24PM

footballxx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm pretty sure winning games and getting his kids
> recruited are the least of his worries right about
> now. If you decide to bury not one, but several
> sexual assault cases that happened in your own
> locker rooms, I'm pretty sure the actual game of
> football is the last thing on his mind.

Some of the worst kids in that school played JV football at Lake Braddock this past season. Quit blaming coaches for their morons. Coach Doc can’t do brain surgery and he can’t turn an asshole into a leader either. How about blame someone else for that school’s problems? Where is the DSA and the principle anyway? Leave Doc out of the accusations. You don’t know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: atc4lyfe ()
Date: January 22, 2020 07:00PM

Again Doc's people making excuses for Doc!

Schedule is too hard
Bad playoff draw
All the good players graduated
Not fair we have to play SoCo every year
Docs not responsible for how the players act, someone else is

The list goes on and on, its time for Doc and his people to put up or shut up!

In the last 3 years, he took a very good LB football program from a top 5-7 program in the state down to a now maybe a top 25 in the state.
Congrats on the regression!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Shitlister ()
Date: January 22, 2020 10:03PM

Look at the shit on that roster. No one can make a winning team out of that pile. That QB should transfer to save himself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Grig ()
Date: January 24, 2020 05:09AM

I see you guys are interested in football. What about world football and the German bundesliga
? Personally, I like to root for my favorite player, Manuel Neuer, and I am sure that he is the best goalkeeper. Don't forget to visit the football website to find out the latest news about world football.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2020
Posted by: Beene ()
Date: January 24, 2020 02:18PM

We all know what Mamma B is up to. To bad she’s hurting her own kids....and bullying other kids and staff

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******   **     **  **     **  ********  **     ** 
 **     **  **     **  **     **     **      **   **  
 **     **  **     **  **     **     **       ** **   
  ********  *********  **     **     **        ***    
        **  **     **  **     **     **       ** **   
 **     **  **     **  **     **     **      **   **  
  *******   **     **   *******      **     **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.