HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: Ghosts/hauntings in around Fairfax County
Posted by: creepy deaths ()
Date: July 08, 2013 03:14PM

9h Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> creepy deaths Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My husband's son died March 2004 and this was
> > extremely traumatic for our family to say the
> > least. My husband has grieved so horribly since
> > that day. I talk to our son and I asked him to
> > give us a sign that he was okay, so I asked him
> > something very specific, I had a rose bush that
> > was completely dead, you could snap a branch
> off
> > and it was dry as a bone. I asked him bring
> roses
> > all over that dead rose bush as a sign he was
> > happy and okay. I told my husband of what I
> asked
> > of our son and let me tell you one month later
> > that rose bush was over flowing with roses!! I
> > cried and cried, but I got my answer! Another
> > thing he did was one morning I was getting his
> > little brothers ready in the morning and the
> way
> > our downstairs is set up you can see the
> > reflection of the living room from the hallway
> > pictures glass. As I was walking from the
> badroom
> > into the hallway I saw a reflection of a man in
> > the picture glass and it startled me and I got
> > scared thinking there was a man in my living
> room.
> > When I looked closer I saw it was my husband's
> > son. I ran into the living room and there was
> > nothing there. I called my husband at work and
> > told him what I saw. He's a big skeptic about
> such
> > things and just brushed it aside. Hours later
> we
> > were notified that his son's mother had
> committed
> > suicide. I think he was there to warn us or
> > something. I don't know. But I know what I saw,
> > and my husband knows that I called him that
> > morning that I saw his son in our living room
> and
> > we were notified that afternoon that his
> ex-wife
> > had killed herself. ***shudder***
>
>
> This is confusing. First you say your husband's
> son died. Then, you mention talking to "our" son?
> Is your son dead, too?

Apologies, he was my husband's son from a previous marriage. We always considered him "our son".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gadsby's Tavern Museum ()
Date: July 08, 2013 03:34PM

During a visit to Alexandria, Virginia, we heard of an old public house named Gadsby's Tavern. It was built in the 1770's and it boasts that nearly all of the founders of American Independence enjoyed the warm tavern hospitality there. In fact, the tavern goes as far as to say that no public building in America is more intimately associated with the struggle for independence and establishment of national sovereignty. For nearly a century it was a center of political, social and cultural life in this important colonial seaport community. Hey, with all those credentials, how could we resist a visit!
There were scheduled tours, so we signed up for one and also scheduled dinner. The tour was very historic, but there was one room upstairs that we were not allowed to enter. While taking a walking tour of the town later, though, we were told of a ghost that haunts that particular room. The legend goes something like this...

In 1816, a ship sailed into the port at Alexandria carrying a man and his beautiful wife. The woman was horribly ill, and the couple were taken to one of the most posh and respectable places in town, Gadsby's Tavern. They rented a room upstairs, above the ballroom, and she was given the best medical care that the town had to offer at the time. Despite the efforts of the doctor and his nurse, the woman died - but not before extracting an oath from all those attending: her identity was never to be revealed.

She was buried in St. Paul's Cemetary, and her table-top tombstone was inscribed: In memory of the female stranger, died October 14, 1816, age 23 years 8 months. Her husband disappeared suddenly, leaving all the bills from the boarding, medical care, and burial unpaid. The secret of the woman's identity was never revealed, even though those who knew it were left with the unpaid debt of over one thousand dollars.

It was not the last time that the woman was seen, however. She sometimes appears in the window of the upstairs room holding a candle, and can even be heard pacing the floors when the tavern is quiet. The ghost of the female stranger has also been spotted in the ballroom and on the stairways, holding her candle and wandering mysteriously along.

When we returned to the tavern for dinner, we didn't see or hear anything ghostly at all, but everyone that we talked to sweared that the ghost is really there!
Attachments:
imagesCAGMC417.jpg

Posted by: 9h ()
Date: July 08, 2013 04:30PM

creepy deaths Wrote:
> 9h Wrote:
> -----
> > creepy deaths Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > My husband's son died March 2004 and this was
> > > extremely traumatic for our family to say the
> > > least. My husband has grieved so horribly
> since
> > > that day. I talk to our son and I asked him
> to
> > > give us a sign that he was okay, so I asked
> him
> > > something very specific, I had a rose bush
> that
> > > was completely dead, you could snap a branch
> > off
> > > and it was dry as a bone. I asked him bring
> > roses
> > > all over that dead rose bush as a sign he was
> > > happy and okay. I told my husband of what I
> > asked
> > > of our son and let me tell you one month
> later
> > > that rose bush was over flowing with roses!!
> I
> > > cried and cried, but I got my answer! Another
> > > thing he did was one morning I was getting
> his
> > > little brothers ready in the morning and the
> > way
> > > our downstairs is set up you can see the
> > > reflection of the living room from the
> hallway
> > > pictures glass. As I was walking from the
> > badroom
> > > into the hallway I saw a reflection of a man
> in
> > > the picture glass and it startled me and I
> got
> > > scared thinking there was a man in my living
> > room.
> > > When I looked closer I saw it was my
> husband's
> > > son. I ran into the living room and there was
> > > nothing there. I called my husband at work
> and
> > > told him what I saw. He's a big skeptic about
> > such
> > > things and just brushed it aside. Hours later
> > we
> > > were notified that his son's mother had
> > committed
> > > suicide. I think he was there to warn us or
> > > something. I don't know. But I know what I
> saw,
> > > and my husband knows that I called him that
> > > morning that I saw his son in our living room
> > and
> > > we were notified that afternoon that his
> > ex-wife
> > > had killed herself. ***shudder***
> >
> >
> > This is confusing. First you say your
> husband's
> > son died. Then, you mention talking to "our"
> son?
> > Is your son dead, too?
>
> Apologies, he was my husband's son from a previous
> marriage. We always considered him "our son".

My fault; if I had read the entire post, I would have figured that out.

It's a sad and very tragic story. Hard on all of you...

Posted by: Ghost Of The Woods ()
Date: July 08, 2013 05:49PM

I have always been interested in nature. Most of my afternoons are comprised of feeding the squirrels and birds on our property, occasionally taking wildlife photographs, and spending hours at a time alone observing the activity in my backyard woods. I have never exactly held an opinion on paranormal phenomena.

A couple of months ago on May 31 I had my first personal experience with what I refer to as a ghost or a spirit. After leaving some peanut butter crackers that I had made underneath one of the trees in our backyard, I sat down on the grass and began to observe my surroundings, becoming completely oblivious to time itself. That particular day had been very breezy, and the tree tops in the woods were in full movement. A few minutes had passed by when something that I cannot explain happened caught my eye.

A translucent figure had emerged from behind one of the tall pine trees in the woods. It did not have any facial features, but was simply the outline of a human being. Its body somewhat absorbed sunlight, giving it a shimmering effect. One of its arms was visible as it took a few steps before disappearing into thin air. I was completely in awe for several minutes until my mind had accepted into reality what I had just saw.

I am not sure if these things only appear to those who have great respect for nature and pay attention to it, but it felt as if it wanted to show itself to me. Throughout the short duration of my experience, I never once felt frightened. I do consider myself special to have witnessed something like this.

Posted by: Ghost Of The Woods ()
Date: July 08, 2013 05:50PM

BTW this took place in Massachusetts not Fairfax, but I thought it was worth sharing. Not sure what this thing was a ghost or what.

Posted by: Uncle Timmy ()
Date: July 08, 2013 05:53PM

My friend's brother was in a bad car accident in the middle of the night, and was brought to the hospital I work at. My friend came to the hospital, leaving her husband and two small children at home. She didn't say anything to her children about what had happened, and didn't wake them up either, as she thought it would be best to wait.Anyway, despite the efforts from the medical team, her brother did not survive the trauma and died a few hours later. When my friend got home from the hospital, exhausted from her night and in shock from what happened, she was greeted by her very sleepy 6yr old daughter, who heard her keys in the front door. She was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, and said "mommy where is uncle Timmy?", my friend, not expecting this from her daughter, only answered "what sweetie?", her daughter said " uncle Timmy was in my room and told me to always where my seat belt, and that he loves me, but mommy where did he go? is he having breakfast with us?" My friend was in such disbelief she didn't know how to respond and just told her daughter that uncle Timmy had to go. Its amazing what messages spirits can leave behind and how they can still get through to us after they have passed.

Posted by: bad karma ()
Date: July 08, 2013 05:58PM

I really love reading these stories. Here's some stuff from Northern Neck...

http://www.northernnecktoday.com/halloween09.htm

The Ghosts of Virginia Vol. III describes the Bliley family of Heathsville and their old house that dates to the late 1800s. Several family members experienced strange occurrences, and the sighting of an apparition of an elderly woman. On one occasion the apparition allegedly moved down the hallway and into a mural on the wall.

But author L.B. Taylor Jr. says one of the state’s most spectacular ghost stories is centered in Northumberland County, near Callao, where a malevolent, evil spirit is sasid to have invaded a mobile home.

Lights would come on after being turned off. Objects would fly through the air. Objects would disappear and magically reappear. The jets on the gas stove would come on, filling the trailer with dangerous fumes. Occupants were scratched by an unseen being.

The owners said they felt they were living in a horror movie, but this spirit, they were convinced, was evil. Once the couple decided to hold a séance and lit a candle. No sooner they turned out the lights, they said, than a mysterious wind blew out the candle and the table began to shake. There were no more attempts to contact the spirit after that.

The owner never figured out what was behind the mysterious goings on, but he did learn the previous owner of the trailer was an elderly woman, put in a nursing home against her will. The day she died was the same day he bought the mobile home!

There are probably even more ghost stories about Northern Neck hauntings that have never made it into print. It stands to reason there would be ghosts, of course, because of all the haunted houses in the area. Well, we don't know for sure that they're haunted, but they sure look haunted as you drive past on a dark, Autumn evening.
Attachments:
haunted_house1.jpg

Posted by: Marijke ()
Date: July 08, 2013 06:41PM

Can souls of the deceased linger and touch the living?

Whether or not you believe in ghosts, you’ll surely hear many nurse ghost stories during your years of practice. Here’s one of them—my own.

I was working the night shift (11:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.) in a nine-bed residential palliative care facility. The building was fairly new and had been open for several years.

One night, I was sitting in the nursing station. Around 3 a.m., my colleague left to take a break, leaving me alone. All the patients were sleeping, and there were no overnight visitors.

All of a sudden, I heard a noise that I couldn’t place. I popped my head out of the office door and looked down the hall toward the patient rooms. I had thought perhaps someone was up. I saw there was nothing and turned in the other direction, toward the reception area. There, I saw something strange. In an empty room, the office chair moved from side to side as if someone had just quickly gotten up out of it. The place was silent—just the slight noise of the chair as it moved from side to side. I stood and watched the chair move slower and slower until it finally stopped. Then, I felt it. The air around me had been disturbed and I could feel it on my skin.

I could hear no sound coming from the patient rooms, nor from where my colleague was resting. There were no windows open or fans that were on. I even checked to see if anything had fallen off a shelf that may have hit the chair to make it move. I couldn’t find anything. Was it an earthquake? A tremor? A truck passing by? I looked around at all the other chairs that had stood still, the wall hangings that hadn’t budged.

I’ll admit I was spooked. There was nothing that could have caused the chair to move the way it did.

When I think back to that night, I still feel funny. I’m left wondering if someone who had passed away in that facility had come back to check on us. In palliative and hospice care, we know our patients will die. It is our job to help them pass through the stage of dying with as little pain and discomfort as possible. Death doesn’t intimidate us nor does it scare us. Death is a part of life. But what are ghosts?

Posted by: boo ()
Date: July 08, 2013 07:23PM

Ghost Of The Woods Wrote:
> I have always been interested in nature. Most of
> my afternoons are comprised of feeding the
> squirrels and birds on our property

This is how you spend most of your afternoons?

And, why would you feed squirrels? They're pests; shoot them.

> A couple of months ago on May 31

May 31 was not a couple of months ago.

> I had my first
> personal experience with what I refer to as a
> ghost or a spirit. After leaving some peanut
> butter crackers that I had made underneath one of
> the trees in our backyard, I sat down on the grass
> and began to observe my surroundings,

LOL... this is funny.

> becoming
> completely oblivious to time itself.

Why is that not surprising?

> That
> particular day had been very breezy, and the tree
> tops in the woods were in full movement. A few
> minutes had passed by when something that I cannot
> explain happened caught my eye.

> A translucent figure had emerged from behind one
> of the tall pine trees in the woods. It did not
> have any facial features, but was simply the
> outline of a human being. Its body somewhat
> absorbed sunlight, giving it a shimmering effect.
> One of its arms was visible as it took a few steps
> before disappearing into thin air. I was
> completely in awe for several minutes until my
> mind had accepted into reality what I had just
> saw.

The "awe" lasted until the pot wore off.

> I am not sure if these things only appear to those
> who have great respect for nature and pay
> attention to it, but it felt as if it wanted to
> show itself to me. Throughout the short duration
> of my experience, I never once felt frightened. I
> do consider myself special to have witnessed
> something like this.

Tomorrow, after you place your peanut butter crackers under a tree, sit down on the grass and observe your surroundings..... drug free.

Posted by: MedicLifelineRN ()
Date: July 08, 2013 08:08PM

Strange, we have a hospital in our city that has a story like that. When the hosp was just open there was a massive car accident. The parents were killed but the two children survived long enough to make it to the new ER where they later passed away. Many times patients see them playing in their room or sitting on the window before things go south. Sometimes they say" Do you see the children, where are their parents, why are they in my room." When you heard or saw this you knew the end was near. Many pts stated they heard children laughing. At times the staff might heard something late at night, and this believe me was a busy hosp day or night. It did not matter what floor ER. ICU Med/surg, it was always the same.

I know because my father helped build the hospital I am speaking of, and I worked there for a while, and there are any stories to tell. We had one of the few free standing hospce houses in the country, and the stories I could tell while working there, day and night.

Posted by: Bonnie Piper ()
Date: July 08, 2013 08:14PM

I work in an outpatient clinic that has established an office in an old "cancer building". Evidently, this building was used for radiation oncology and cancer treatment for outpatients. So now, it is an office used for just physician office visits. When we first moved to this building in 2007, we had a new physician that also established a private practice in the back of the building. Since she initially had no staff assigned to her, I helped her set up her office. She was the best in her field and had loads of certificates and awards to hang on the wall. We decorated and hung the documents on the wall and everything looked quite nice for her to start her practice. We then established the hospital portion of the office on the front side of the building and had everything in place for both practices.

I frequently helped her out in her office until she could get her own staff. One day she asked me if I had moved any of the things on the wall? I told her I hadn't and saw that all the documents were moved to different places and her decorations were reversed. I thought that maybe the housekeeper had moved things while dusting and forgot about it.

Over the next few months, this happened more often. Additionally, things were rearranged on her desk. I finally talked to the housekeeper and asked about it. The housekeeper was horrified and said that she didn't touch anything. She had been informed from her "boss" that she should only vacuum and clean the exam rooms. I explained this to the physician and she laughingly replied "maybe we have a ghost". Over the next few months, I really didn't think much more about it. I didn't need to help the physician out as much because she had hired an assistant.

The physician went on an extended vacation and her private practice was locked up for a few weeks. The other part of the building, where I worked the most, was busy with other physicians. My days were hectic and many times I worked straight through the day without lunch or any break, but I always had my coffee cup full. And many days I left it half-full, locked my office door and left in a hurry to finally get home. One morning, I came in and my coffee cup was scrubbed clean and sitting on a paper towel. When I went to my desk, all my pens were removed from my pen holder and the pens were scattered on the desk and there were pencils in the holder. When the housekeeper came to the office to clean, I asked her if she had been in my office and she said that she couldn't get into because it was locked.

I became very curious about all this activity and other things that occurred throughout the building, like magazines moved and chairs re-arranged. I decided to try to find the nursing staff that had worked in this building prior to us and ask them a few questions. I was able to locate one nurse that had worked in the "cancer center" and asked her if anyone had ever died in the center. Being that it was an outpatient center, I didn't think so, but thought I'd ask. Sure enough, there was a poor dear lady named Mary, that passed away in that building while getting her cancer treatment. I inquired about that patient and was informed that she had been a cleaning lady for physician practices. Really! Now things were starting to come together.

Two years went by, with an occasional visit from our "friendly cleaning ghost". We got use to it and would fake like we were talking to her. The physician placed a sign on her desk that said something to the effect that "friendly ghosts are welcome".

One day the physician and I had a chance to have some smalltalk and I told her about what I found out about the ghost. She told me that she welcomes ghosts when they are good ghosts! Imagine that!! I jokingly told her that if she ever leaves our hospital, that she should take the ghost with her.

She did....I haven't had my coffee cup cleaned that well since last year when that physician left. The pictures, magazines, chairs and decorations never change. I miss the physician and Mary.

*Mary is a fictitious name to protect anonymity.

Posted by: dorzlei ()
Date: July 08, 2013 08:19PM

When I was still in nursing school, we would sometimes be assigned to district hospitals located an hour away from the city. There we heard stories from the staff meant to scare us. I figured, it's just their way of 'welcoming' us that I never even gave it much thought.

One night, during our evening break at about 11pm... since we were not that familiar with the nooks & crannies of the wing yet, we asked a nurse on duty the way to the canteen. She said she's also on a break herself, we cud go with her to the canteen. We followed her, chatting silently behind her. She told us that we'll be going to a short cut, that we never doubted why she'd lead us near the newly-constructed building. Then she said, she'll just hurry out ahead of us 'coz she'll be meeting someone...then out she went through the door.

We were stunned. Just stunned. Later, we were told that she was really a nurse then in the hospital. It's just that she still thinks she is.

Posted by: anon456 ()
Date: July 08, 2013 08:24PM

We have a rather newer building, only a couple of years old, but it still has strange things happening. We share our unit with ICU and probably patients have passed away in all the rooms at one time or another. One night all the nurses kept asking if other nurses had adjusted the oxygen flows on their patients because they kept changing from what they had been set at. We all had it happen to at least a couple of our patients, all through the unit, all night long. It was so very strange.

Another time me and another nurse observed the TV turning off and on, off and on over and over again in an empty room. I went in and physically turned it off, only to have it turn off and on again as soon as I sat back down at the station. We thought maybe it was the remote that plugs into the wall (controls TV, call light, etc). We unplugged and plugged it back in, tested it out and it worked fine. Sat back down and the TV started doing its thing again. I called some other nurses over to witness and we were all creeped out. Finally one nurse went and unplugged the TV from the wall and that fixed the problem.

There is a very long corridor between two buildings that gets creepy at night. It is close to 1/4 mile long. Twice I have had the doors open for me at the end of the corridor before I had a chance to get close enough to swipe my badge to open the doors. No one in sight on either side of the doors.

Posted by: CD ()
Date: July 08, 2013 08:34PM

A few days before he died, my father saw deer in Central Park.

Morphine is a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Debra in Middleburg ()
Date: July 08, 2013 09:11PM

While driving hwy 50 toward Middleburg VA one day I glanced in my rearview mirror and clearly saw a large black horse/no rider leaping across the road behind me I asked companions in the car to look back, and see where the horse had gone but he was nowhere in sight -it was as if he disappeared into thin air.

Has anyone else had 'the black horse ' sighting in that area ? Just curious ....

Posted by: Scared Shitless ()
Date: July 08, 2013 09:19PM

dorzlei Wrote:
> When I was still in nursing school, we would
> sometimes be assigned to district hospitals
> located an hour away from the city. There we heard
> stories from the staff meant to scare us. I
> figured, it's just their way of 'welcoming' us
> that I never even gave it much thought.
>
> One night, during our evening break at about
> 11pm... since we were not that familiar with the
> nooks & crannies of the wing yet, we asked a nurse
> on duty the way to the canteen. She said she's
> also on a break herself, we cud go with her to the
> canteen. We followed her, chatting silently behind
> her. She told us that we'll be going to a short
> cut, that we never doubted why she'd lead us near
> the newly-constructed building. Then she said,
> she'll just hurry out ahead of us 'coz she'll be
> meeting someone...then out she went through the
> door.
>
> We were stunned. Just stunned. Later, we were told
> that she was really a nurse then in the hospital.
> It's just that she still thinks she is.

This story scared the shit out of me. I swear to God I will never, EVER work in a hospital in my life. God help me if I ever get sick and have to go to a hospital!

Posted by: whaat? ()
Date: July 08, 2013 11:31PM

dale Wrote:
> In DC in the 50's there was a porn theater; it
> burned down and some people died, later as it was
> being demolished, there were freak accidents and
> yet a few more people died
> (do you see a trend here?)(all of this has been in
> the paper) eventually a new building is built; in
> 1991, my dh was on this jobsite for a complete
> renovation; at this time
> none of the guys really new the above history;
> some guys, dh, included started saying that they
> felt chills(it was summer-no a/c), like they were
> being watched, feeling creepiness.
> My dh kept saying that he felt something "bad"
> following him (he only told his co-workers
> this)And he is(was) a die-hard skeptic-he never
> believed ANY ghost stories; In a month,
> one guy lost a finger, another guy fell down a
> flight of steps(he said it felt like someone
> pushed him), and quite a few guys dodged falling
> objects, another guy tripped and
> broke his arm-there were more accidents at this
> job than the company had had in the last 10 YEARS
> combined.
>
> In june, my dh had a freak accident and cut off
> the tip of his left index finger; he then told me
> about the bad feelings and weird occurrances. Two
> weeks later, he went back to
> work. At 10am, I got this message "Dawn, xxxx has
> been hurt, there is alot of blood, but I think
> he'll live. The paramedicas are taking him to GW"
> My dh had almost lost 1/2 of
> his left hand; He said he felt the presence all
> day, and then a 200 pound peice of cast Iron pipe
> fell, straight down with the open end smashing
> down on his hand-like a 200 pound
> cookie cutter from 10 feet up; The paramedics on
> the scene said that based on what they saw, my dh
> should of lost his hand-it was concrete, dh hand
> and then pipe; the weird thing
> is that my dh said that at the last second he
> actually saw something-a white "blur" push the
> pipe away, so that that is was diverted from
> crushing straight down. After he was hurt
> about 5 guys refused to even put foot on the
> jobsite. After three surgeries and 6mos of rehab,
> my dh could use his hand-but I still get chills
> when I look at the semi-circular scar
> that divides his hand in half.

WTF is your dh?

Posted by: Answers ()
Date: July 09, 2013 05:05AM

whaat? Wrote:
> dale Wrote:
> -----
> > In DC in the 50's there was a porn theater; it
> > burned down and some people died, later as it
> was
> > being demolished, there were freak accidents
> and
> > yet a few more people died
> > (do you see a trend here?)(all of this has been
> in
> > the paper) eventually a new building is built;
> in
> > 1991, my dh was on this jobsite for a complete
> > renovation; at this time
> > none of the guys really new the above history;
> > some guys, dh, included started saying that
> they
> > felt chills(it was summer-no a/c), like they
> were
> > being watched, feeling creepiness.
> > My dh kept saying that he felt something "bad"
> > following him (he only told his co-workers
> > this)And he is(was) a die-hard skeptic-he never
> > believed ANY ghost stories; In a month,
> > one guy lost a finger, another guy fell down a
> > flight of steps(he said it felt like someone
> > pushed him), and quite a few guys dodged
> falling
> > objects, another guy tripped and
> > broke his arm-there were more accidents at this
> > job than the company had had in the last 10
> YEARS
> > combined.
> >
> > In june, my dh had a freak accident and cut off
> > the tip of his left index finger; he then told
> me
> > about the bad feelings and weird occurrances.
> Two
> > weeks later, he went back to
> > work. At 10am, I got this message "Dawn, xxxx
> has
> > been hurt, there is alot of blood, but I think
> > he'll live. The paramedicas are taking him to
> GW"
> > My dh had almost lost 1/2 of
> > his left hand; He said he felt the presence all
> > day, and then a 200 pound peice of cast Iron
> pipe
> > fell, straight down with the open end smashing
> > down on his hand-like a 200 pound
> > cookie cutter from 10 feet up; The paramedics
> on
> > the scene said that based on what they saw, my
> dh
> > should of lost his hand-it was concrete, dh
> hand
> > and then pipe; the weird thing
> > is that my dh said that at the last second he
> > actually saw something-a white "blur" push the
> > pipe away, so that that is was diverted from
> > crushing straight down. After he was hurt
> > about 5 guys refused to even put foot on the
> > jobsite. After three surgeries and 6mos of
> rehab,
> > my dh could use his hand-but I still get chills
> > when I look at the semi-circular scar
> > that divides his hand in half.
>
>
> WTF is your dh?

A DH is short for Department of Health. In this case, he or she had a patient from Depart of Health; I believe dh is slang for that kind of patient.

Posted by: Black Eyed Woman ()
Date: July 09, 2013 06:26AM

My wife told me this creepy story last night. It doesn't take place in VA, but in Oakland CA where her parents live.
Lately there have been several shootings in the area (more than normal) and that funeral home they have on international
drive has been getting alot of business.

A few weeks ago, my Father and mother-in-laws were driving through Oakland at around 2am in the morning. My mother-in-law
works as a live in hospice nurse and only has a day or so off. She was coming back at 2am after having the evening off. While
they were driving to her job, they saw a woman standing on the corner next to the funeral home with a dress on and dressed
somewhat nicely (sunday best?). They saw her at the corner while they were stopped at the intersection, and noticed that
the woman smiled at them. They also noticed that her eyes were black. My in-laws were frightened and drove away as fast as
they could. So then my father-in-law drops off my mother-in-law at her work and wonders if that ghost woman he saw at the
corner will be there on the way back (Unfortunately, he would have to go through that same intersection). On his way back,
she was still there at the corner, and this time he was stuck at the light there at the intersection. She actually waved
to him and he noticed again she had black eyes. Seemed like she was trying to get him to come over and pick her up.
Naturally when the light turned green, he sped out of that intersection to get home.

No one seems to know who she is, but they all seem to agree that her funeral was probably through the funeral home there
on that street. As to why she was on that street between 2am and 3am, I think she was looking for "Victims".

I did some research and came across BEK's - Black eyed kids that seemed to match.
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/tag/black-eyed-kids/

Posted by: lonnie ()
Date: July 09, 2013 07:16AM

There is an old kyanite mining building in Pamplin, Virginia where there have been several sightings of an old man who used to drive trucks for the company wandering around with blood all over him. He supposedly died while loading a transport truck right outside of the plant.It is said that if you see him, and he sees you, he will apper in your dreams at night for weeks to come.

Posted by: kim lewis ()
Date: July 09, 2013 07:20AM

Black Eyed Woman Wrote:
> My wife told me this creepy story last night. It
> doesn't take place in VA, but in Oakland CA where
> her parents live.
> Lately there have been several shootings in the
> area (more than normal) and that funeral home they
> have on international
> drive has been getting alot of business.
>
> A few weeks ago, my Father and mother-in-laws were
> driving through Oakland at around 2am in the
> morning. My mother-in-law
> works as a live in hospice nurse and only has a
> day or so off. She was coming back at 2am after
> having the evening off. While
> they were driving to her job, they saw a woman
> standing on the corner next to the funeral home
> with a dress on and dressed
> somewhat nicely (sunday best?). They saw her at
> the corner while they were stopped at the
> intersection, and noticed that
> the woman smiled at them. They also noticed that
> her eyes were black. My in-laws were frightened
> and drove away as fast as
> they could. So then my father-in-law drops off my
> mother-in-law at her work and wonders if that
> ghost woman he saw at the
> corner will be there on the way back
> (Unfortunately, he would have to go through that
> same intersection). On his way back,
> she was still there at the corner, and this time
> he was stuck at the light there at the
> intersection. She actually waved
> to him and he noticed again she had black eyes.
> Seemed like she was trying to get him to come over
> and pick her up.
> Naturally when the light turned green, he sped out
> of that intersection to get home.
>
> No one seems to know who she is, but they all seem
> to agree that her funeral was probably through the
> funeral home there
> on that street. As to why she was on that street
> between 2am and 3am, I think she was looking for
> "Victims".
>
> I did some research and came across BEK's - Black
> eyed kids that seemed to match.
> http://mysteriousuniverse.org/tag/black-eyed-kids/

lived in Ohio about 12 years ago, give or take. My husband and I went into a Cheddar's restaurant, and while we were waiting, I saw a number of grown men with black eyes just like it has been described by other people. They were dressed normally and eating like everyone else, and I noticed that they had baseball caps on. I didn't feel threatened at all. It just took me by surprise, but since I had to wait to be seating, it gave me time to observe them and feel alright about what I saw. Many months later I was in Walmart and encountered a woman with black eyes also. She was shopping like everyone else. It made me pause a second, but I didn't feel afraid.

I can't explain what this was. I never saw it before or after this. I don't know if I would have felt the same if any of them looked at me, but they didn't. I find when I searched for information, there are all these scary stories about them and it didn't seem to resonate with my experience. My husband also noticed at the restaurant and felt the same way.

It is something I can't explain or find answers that I feel are believable to me

Posted by: azhiker96 ()
Date: July 09, 2013 07:40AM

I experienced a spirit when I worked nights on a drilling rig in Oklahoma. I was a derrick hand and part of my duties were to manage the pit system which controlled the drilling fluid. A particular hammer that I used would move around the pits, always ending up where I needed it to be. Rarely did anyone else wander the pits at that time of night and they knew to leave my tools alone. At times I would get a feeling that I should check out one pump or another. Everytime I did, I would find a leak that was just starting to form. This convinced me that there was a spirit and that it was a derrick hand like myself. I asked my driller if anyone had ever died on the rig and he was adamant that nobody had ever died there. I told him I thought a derrick hand ghost was helping me. He didn't believe me. A week later my driller approached me and demanded to know who had told me about the dead derrick hand. He had asked an older driller who had been with the rig from construction. On the second day, a derrick hand was killed in a terrible accident, crushed on the drilling floor. My driller was freaked out but I was calm since I already knew the ghost was friendly, even helpful to me.

Posted by: nurse casey ()
Date: July 09, 2013 07:52AM

I will never forget one patient I had. At the time, I worked full time in cardiac rehab and then worked an occasional shift in the CCU. In cardiac rehab, I had a new patient with really bad disease,etc. and he was VERY mean and crabby. Usually I can break through these though old guys and find some common ground once they start feeling better with the rehab, but this one held firm.

One Saturday he was brought into the CCU in advanced CHF. He made himself a DNR. All that afternoon he kept screaming "HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME...DON'T let THEM take me ! Don't let them take me" and he would point to the floor and under the bed.

((((((((((((((shudder)))))))))))))). He died later that night after I went home. The nurse said it was not a peaceful death.

Posted by: Cynthia C ()
Date: July 09, 2013 07:53AM

Black Eyed Woman Wrote:

I used to date a guy from Springfield, Ohio, we met in upstate NY, we dated back in the seventies, and he had beautiful brown eyes, but when he came to visit November, 2011 (forty years later), when I looked into his eyes, they changed immediately and became black, it scared me, but I acted like I wasn't afraid, when he got up from where we were sitting, I said, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, I rebuke you", he seemed shocked. He was going to stay with me for two weeks, I couldn't stand how creepy he was, and even after meeting him at the bus station,when he first got here, he asked me to invite him in, by saying, 'Oh C___, you ain't gonna invite me in"? I looked at him kind of strange seeing how he came up from Texas to visit and stay, and my grandson didn't think anything at the time but he remembers him asking me to invite him in. And it bugged me so much that I decided to do a search on the internet. And 'lo and behold I found information. Because his eyes weren't black when I met him originally and when he first got here that November, I know they can change their eye color, I sent him an email and told him that his eyes were black and that he must have sold his soul to the devil, he told me I need to stop smoking that stuff, well I never smoked anything in my life that would make me see what I saw then.

Posted by: Flashpoint ()
Date: July 09, 2013 08:20AM

When I was a CNA, I worked night shift in a nursing home after I graduated from high school. The nursing home had been built about five years previously and their first resident was a lady named Leatha. Leatha was very independent and needed very little care...she was mostly there for meals and meds...everything else, she did on her own. We had a doctor's order not to go into her room at night to check on her. One morning she didn't come to breakfast. She had died sometime during the night. The next resident in that room often talked of the lady in the blue plaid outfit who came into her room and sat in her chair in the middle of the night. Leatha wore a blue plaid outfit to church every Sunday. Once the new resident asked the lady who she was...she said the lady told her she was a friend who wanted to watch over her and make sure she slept peacefully. The morning that the new resident died, a CNA found her dead when she went into her room to answer her call light...her call light was in her chair and the resident was in bed about 5 feet away...there is no way she could have reached the call light from her bed.

Posted by: Mckenzie Cooper ()
Date: July 09, 2013 08:22AM

My mother (about 6 years ago) told me a story on when she was 18 and with her friends, they were walking to her car. As she was walking she noticed a few cars away was a child, as she looked closer she could see this children had black eyes. She always talks about how she thinks this was a paranomal sighting. Last week she told me to look at the computer, as I looked I saw children with black eyes. She told me she thinks thats who she saw. I believe my mother has witnessed a black eyed child.

Posted by: Sydney ()
Date: July 09, 2013 08:23AM

Black Eyed Woman Wrote:
> her parents live.
> have on international
>
> and pick her up.
>
> funeral home there
> "Victims".
>

I once had an encounter with a group of children. They didn't have any iris in their eye, none of that white. But just that soulless, terrifying pure black. I was walking through the Florida Mall at 23:00 after my shift and I just saw this group of children outside the M&M's store. It was 2hours since it closed so i didn't know why they were there. Anyway the mall was only open due to the hotel there. The children turned to approach me. I just stopped chewing my gum and just left it there, in my mouth. I said "What are you doing this late in the mall?!" A child came and said to me "Take me to my mother's house." I was then like "Ok..." but I saw a pale face and just black eyes. "Please, please!" said the kid. The other kids came behind him. I ran to the exit and was about to call my boyfriend but the line was dead. I turned back to look and they were stood right in front of me. I noticed that their chests didn't move as i looked down at some small kid. I screamed thus spitting out my gum. It landed in ones eye, melting it. The children disappeared. The black eyed kids are real i noticed.

Posted by: jz3XUgUCqy ()
Date: July 09, 2013 08:33AM

I had a violent encounter with one of these black eye kids last year I am only
17 I had an encounter I will never forget I was bringing my dogs inside from the
yard cause they were acting weird. I don’t know why but as I walked out I grabbed
my metal baseball bat. my dogs 1 is a Doberman the other is a Rottweiler when they
are scared. I go with a sense of need to protect myself. I got them in they were
scared out of there mind, I don’t like something that does this to my dogs so I went
back outside I was something moving just out of the light I hoped off my porch
to say come on out. All I got was come on, cause the boy about my age he looked
had black eyes no pupils. Just black coals. I felt as if I was looking at death
himself. Now this is where thing got violent cause, I am not scared of nothing
on earth, it seemed to intimidate me by just looking at me. Before it started to
run at me for no reason I could see, my yard is only 20ft to the fence. I had no
time to turn and run, I just swung my bat, It felt like I hit another metal bat
but it didn’t feel like that long cause I had knocked the kid to the ground, I
caught him in the head I thought I just killed him. I walked up my steps look
back he is gone, I go inside the door I had made my hands bleed I hit him so
hard with the bat. That thing was no human I hit. I watch my yard now more than
ever when the dogs are outside in case he comes back to even a score.

Posted by: Rose Red ()
Date: July 09, 2013 08:35AM

Tracey Wrote:
> Leehigh Drive Fairfax Virginia.. Lived there for
> 11 years 1981-1992 - lots of activity. Every time
> I go home to visit I drive by and wish I had the
> nerve to ask the owners if they have had any
> encounters... But afraid to ask.

Hey Tracey! If you tell me the house number I'd love to stop by and check it out! I live just down the street from there! Here's my email please email! If you don't feel like sharing we could at least talk about it! rosescool @hotmail.com.

Posted by: black eyed kids ()
Date: July 09, 2013 08:59AM

Does anyone ever think that maybe they are just different from everyone else?

Maybe the reason why they are so dark and mysterious is because they are terrified and depressed on how they look. They see eyes watching them and feel uncomfortable. Maybe the reason why they hide there faces is because they know that people would be terrified.

This is just my opinion, just something to think about

Posted by: Mary_FFX ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:02AM

I was 15 years old when I was on the bathroom when I got out I was walking on the hallway when I saw a woman brushing her long hair as soon as I saw her I turned around, and tried to see who was and nobody was in the bedroom it really freaked me out and then after that the stereo turned on by itself don't ask what happened after because I walked out of the apartment I was home alone.

Posted by: flashpoint ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:04AM

A few years ago, we had a baby in town that was murdered by her father. She was crying and he kicked her in the head until she stopped...about 15 minutes later she died. The father was sentenced to life in prison and the mother was sentenced to five years because she did nothing to prevent the abuse (the father had been abusive several times before). Anyway...my friend is the mother's cousin and she agreed to store all of the mother's things until she gets out of prison (she has a HUGE basement). For several months afterward, she and her husband would hear a baby crying at night...the crying would get really loud around 4:00 AM, which is around the time the baby died. They ended up having a priest come over to bless the house and the mother's things and the crying stopped.

Posted by: Justhere ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:07AM

Flashpoint Wrote:
> When I was a CNA, I worked night shift in a
> nursing home after I graduated from high school.
> The nursing home had been built about five years
> previously and their first resident was a lady
> named Leatha. Leatha was very independent and
> needed very little care...she was mostly there for
> meals and meds...everything else, she did on her
> own. We had a doctor's order not to go into her
> room at night to check on her. One morning she
> didn't come to breakfast. She had died sometime
> during the night. The next resident in that room
> often talked of the lady in the blue plaid outfit
> who came into her room and sat in her chair in the
> middle of the night. Leatha wore a blue plaid
> outfit to church every Sunday. Once the new
> resident asked the lady who she was...she said the
> lady told her she was a friend who wanted to watch
> over her and make sure she slept peacefully. The
> morning that the new resident died, a CNA found
> her dead when she went into her room to answer her
> call light...her call light was in her chair and
> the resident was in bed about 5 feet away...there
> is no way she could have reached the call light
> from her bed.

We had a patient one night tell the doctor when he was making rounds that Jesus was in the doorway and was telling her to come home. The doctor told her to go. That night she did.

Posted by: Prom warning ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:08AM

When I was 18 years old my boyfriend and I were going to prom, we had one of his friends and his date in the car with us.
We went to eat in the town I lived at then we were headed back to his home town. Well his friend told him to take a certain
road that it would be a short cut. As soon as we turned on the road, I heard a voice that said "put your seat belt on." I
did and told everyone else to do the same. Well the other girl put hers on and made her date put his on. Everytime my date
would reach for his seat belt a curve would come in the road and he would let go of his seatbelt to drive. I undid mine,
put his on him, and then put mine back on. The next curve we went around the car went straight. My boyfriend swore that
he turned the steering wheel but it still went straight. I hit my head on the plastic piece on the side of the front
windshield holding it in. Other then that no one else was hurt. I was just shaking. The house we went to to call for a
tow truck belonged to a nurse, she was afraid I was going into shock, I told her I was just cold (Arkansas in MAY, not
cold). When I went home that night I knocked on my mothers door to let her know I was home. She asked was everything alright. I told her I'd like to talk to her. She opened the door and said "You were in a car wreak tonight about nine weren't you." I told her yes, she said about 9 she got this weird feeling that we had been in a wreak but that we were ok so she was not worried.
If that voice wouldn't have told me to put my seat belt on I would have possibly been thrown out the windshield because of
how hard we hit the ditch then went into the field.

Posted by: NRSNFL ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:09AM

I have a good one, at least it was for me. I was about 7 years old and my family pet a harlequin great dane named Holly, she was previously abused and coming to our house was a new "life" for Holly. She loved women and not so much with the men. Anyhow, my brother and I were at summer camp and at that time during the summer she basically got puppy dimentia and began deficating throughout the house, so my parents and vet made the joint decision to put her down. After camp was out, our parents took us to our boat on the lake, and out to dinner and told us the news, which we were both devesated over. A few months later, as my mother and I were pulling up the driveway, we saw Holly's head poke around the corner of the house (she was on a lead that ran the whole length of the house with lots of yard to play in) and my mom told me she saw it too. One night also when getting out of bed to go to the bathroom, I got up and looked down the hallway, she always slept in the hallways between the bedrooms, our great protector and saw her and said "Hi Holly" and she got up and sat upright. I went to the bathroom and at that point I realized "oh my god, Holly is dead". And went right to bed and covered my head. I think Holly was always watching over my mother and I, life wasn't always so easy but she would always protect us.

Posted by: Rae in FFX ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:10AM

One day I was in my brothers room on his laptop making a video. During the video a strange silver orb appeared on screen. I turned of the recording and tried to make another video. I started talking like before then the orb appeared again on screen.

I stopped the video then started a new one. It happened again. A few seconds after I began to speak it appeared. I thought it was the light from my locket reflecting the sun so I moved it but the orb did not follow it's movements.
The only thing that I can think is that it is a ghost. Because after I turned off the camera I began to feel scared and tense. Then a mans laughter came from the hallway outside my brothers rooms door.

I was home alone. No one was in the house but me. It's been sometime since I've felt or heard something. But I still think that there is something here.

Posted by: Meghan ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:15AM

I live right outside of old town and I've had many paranormal experiences over the years.
First about 3 years ago I was alone in my room reading when I saw some out of the corner
of my eye so I looked up and saw a ghostly woman looking out my widow she was only there
for a few seconds before she faded away.

I've also see things fly across the room and have heard people whisper my name when there
is no one home.

Posted by: PurrlGurrl ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:17AM

black eyed kids Wrote:
> Does anyone ever think that maybe they are just
> different from everyone else?
>
> Maybe the reason why they are so dark and
> mysterious is because they are terrified and
> depressed on how they look. They see eyes watching
> them and feel uncomfortable. Maybe the reason why
> they hide there faces is because they know that
> people would be terrified.
>
> This is just my opinion, just something to think
> about

There is a racial/ethnic undertone to some of the stories I've read. One I remember in particular said the children looked Asian.

I think this is a cultural meme that is popular among white Americans, especially those who fear and are threatened by so many of our new (non-white) immigrants who's racial and ethnic backgrounds bestow on them very dark eyes. I don't believe the stories are real, but rather apocryphal. Children demanding to be let in; immigrants demanding to be let in.

Posted by: Old Mum ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:19AM

PurrlGurrl Wrote:
> black eyed kids Wrote:
> -----
> > Does anyone ever think that maybe they are just
> > different from everyone else?
> >
> > Maybe the reason why they are so dark and
> > mysterious is because they are terrified and
> > depressed on how they look. They see eyes
> watching
> > them and feel uncomfortable. Maybe the reason
> why
> > they hide there faces is because they know that
> > people would be terrified.
> >
> > This is just my opinion, just something to
> think
> > about
>
>
> There is a racial/ethnic undertone to some of the
> stories I've read. One I remember in particular
> said the children looked Asian.
>
> I think this is a cultural meme that is popular
> among white Americans, especially those who fear
> and are threatened by so many of our new
> (non-white) immigrants who's racial and ethnic
> backgrounds bestow on them very dark eyes. I don't
> believe the stories are real, but rather
> apocryphal. Children demanding to be let in;
> immigrants demanding to be let in.

Seems to me, that they are demonic or trans-dimensional in nature...

Oddly enough, I have heard of stories like this before,
mainly from my Albanian mother who’s been telling me similar stories from the old country, stories that go back centuries.

The old timers back where my parents are from would give
them (these manifestations) many names, Jinn (which is the old Turkish world for an inhuman entity) a shatan or dreq (which is the word used for devil/demon)
or the really old Albanian term “ora” (similar to dark faery or poltergeist).

In the tales they are always wearing black, with lifeless
eyes gazing back at you, they always have some form of physical demonic looking deformity brought on (as the legend goes) by God to warn human-(mortals) of their presence –of not being human.

They ask to come into your homes and when you are traveling
they often ask you for help. It’s an invitation to take you… The only thing that can stop them (as the legend goes) is God’s prayer.

Posted by: Whitney ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:34AM

Although I'm very curious, I also fee very uneasy when I'm reading about them. I don't mean to scare you,
but one thing i keep reading is that several people have had encounters with these creatures AFTER they began
researching them. I pray for both of our sakes that that isn't true.

I feel they are demonic in nature. As a Christian, I've always been taught that demons pervert what is good &
innocent. What is more innocent than a child? It's my belief that the only defense against these things is the
power Christ holds over them. Pray for His protection & for Him to give you a discerning spirit to be able to
see things for what they really are.

Posted by: victoria ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:35AM

I was at my grandmother's house which is over 40-50 years old. All of my siblings and I were staying there because we had to leave as a group early in the morning before dawn. I was the only one sleeping in the living room as the others slept in bedrooms. In the middle of the night I woke up to a tap on my shoulder. Not knowing what was going on I turned around to find that there was no one. Seconds later footsteps walking across from where I was laying. Scared I didn't know what to do. I was stunned shocked couldn't move. Then something walked out of the kitchen doorway the image of a young woman in an amazing gown. She stared at me and disappeared.

Posted by: Angel in my Dream ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:41AM

I saw an angel in my dreams one time. Shortly after I left my abusive husband I was feeling very low and alone. I had a very bad day and I was within a few days of having to see him again to press charges for hurting me. My father and his girlfriend were harping on me to find a job, and do more around the house, even though they didn't seem to understand i couldnt even concentrait long enough to read a piece of paper. All I did all day was cry. That night in my dream, I saw this very tall, very young man standing there. we were outside, and it was summer time, a very bright sunny day. He looked to be about 19 tall, slender, blue eyes, curly blonde hair, and a big smile. He opened his arms to me and I ran into them, and he wrapped me up in them tight, and I didn't want to wake up. I still tear up thinking about it. all while i was in teh court room during both trials, and whenever i am scared i can feel a warm presense next to me.

Posted by: not quite dead??? ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:45AM

My wife had a creepy experience a few years ago. She and another nurse were on duty at an inpatient hospice facility. One of their patients was dying and the immediate family was in the room with him. Well, he passed away and the family said their goodbyes. The family stepped out of the room and my wife and the other nurse went in to prep him for other family that was coming. This was about 15 minutes after he drew his last breath and his heart stopped. As they straightened his sheets his right arm rose, bending at the elbow, and he itched the side of his nose with his index finger. Then his arm relaxed in the bent position. Both nurses saw this and my wife turned to her coworker and said, "Don't you dare leave without me." They quickly finished their work and left the room together.

Posted by: blacked eyed kids are hoaxed ()
Date: July 09, 2013 09:47AM

Old Mum Wrote:
> PurrlGurrl Wrote:
> -----
> > black eyed kids Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Does anyone ever think that maybe they are
> just
> > > different from everyone else?
> > >
> > > Maybe the reason why they are so dark and
> > > mysterious is because they are terrified and
> > > depressed on how they look. They see eyes
> > watching
> > > them and feel uncomfortable. Maybe the reason
> > why
> > > they hide there faces is because they know
> that
> > > people would be terrified.
> > >
> > > This is just my opinion, just something to
> > think
> > > about
> >
> >
> > There is a racial/ethnic undertone to some of
> the
> > stories I've read. One I remember in particular
> > said the children looked Asian.
> >
> > I think this is a cultural meme that is popular
> > among white Americans, especially those who
> fear
> > and are threatened by so many of our new
> > (non-white) immigrants who's racial and ethnic
> > backgrounds bestow on them very dark eyes. I
> don't
> > believe the stories are real, but rather
> > apocryphal. Children demanding to be let in;
> > immigrants demanding to be let in.
>
> Seems to me, that they are demonic or
> trans-dimensional in nature...
>
> Oddly enough, I have heard of stories like this
> before,
> mainly from my Albanian mother who’s been
> telling me similar stories from the old country,
> stories that go back centuries.
>
> The old timers back where my parents are from
> would give
> them (these manifestations) many names, Jinn
> (which is the old Turkish world for an inhuman
> entity) a shatan or dreq (which is the word used
> for devil/demon)
> or the really old Albanian term “ora” (similar
> to dark faery or poltergeist).
>
> In the tales they are always wearing black, with
> lifeless
> eyes gazing back at you, they always have some
> form of physical demonic looking deformity brought
> on (as the legend goes) by God to warn
> human-(mortals) of their presence –of not being
> human.
>
> They ask to come into your homes and when you are
> traveling
> they often ask you for help. It’s an invitation
> to take you… The only thing that can stop them
> (as the legend goes) is God’s prayer.

My two younger cousins 10 and 12 snuck out around 10 pm wearing sclera contacts which make your eyes black. They went to a neighbors house knocking on the door and then
insisted to be let in. She freaked out and they returned home laughing about it. So I can't really buy into "black-eyed kids," because this is just the new version of
"ding dong ditch," that we used to do as kids. This is ding dong ditch for the new millennium. Nothing more. Mind you, I used to play ding dong ditch at 11 pm when I
was kid because I knew doing it at night would scare people more than daytime. Granted we weren't as sophisticated as today's kids so I didn't have sclera contacts,
but today's kids do!

Posted by: Elysium_Won ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:06AM

My brother & his wife and kids moved into a rental house out in a rural area back in the early 90's. While they were unpacking (in the summer) the furnace kept turning on. They also kept hearing a voice coming through the vents and thought the kids were outside yelling; but the kids were playing quietly. When my sister-in-law was unpacking in the bedroom, she found a metal assistive-bar (like you'd put in the tub or next to the toilet) in the closet and a bunch of orange specks in the carpet by the window. She said it creeped her out for some reason. After they settled in, she said whenever she would turn the t.v. off and go to bed, she'd hear what soundling like somebody shuffling across the carpet. My brother worked early mornings, so he was always asleep and, therefore, didn't believe her. This went on for months. One day she was babysitting her niece who was about 2 or 3. Sis-in-law was in the bedroom folding laundry and the niece was standing at the door and would not come in the room. When my sis-in-law said, "Come on in, Jessie.", her niece shook her head, pointed across the room and said, "No, that man over there." Needless to say my sister-in-law decided she had to find out what was going on. We had a spiritual channeler come to a relative's house a few months later. When asked if there was a ghost in my sister-in-law's house, the spirit, through the channeler said there was. She said he was a very athletic man who developed a very crippling disease and he couldn't take it, so he shot himself in the head while lying in bed. He also said to tell the spirit he doesn't belong there anymore and that he should move on. My sister-in-law went back to the realtor who had rented the house to them and he finally confirmed the story. The man had been an athlete, developed some crippling disease (assitive bar in the closet) and could barely walk across the room (hence, the shuffling sounds). He asked his wife to go out for orange juice one day and shot himself while she was gone. After a few more encounters, they were able to get through to the spirit by telling him that his wife had moved and he didn't belong there anymore. My brother, by the way, did end up witnessing some events over the course of the year this went on - but he still says, "There must be some explantation other than a ghost." haha

Posted by: Morghan ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:16AM

I know this story second hand from a nurse colleague of mine-- her brother-in-law had had a long course of treatment for melanoma. He was in the hospital, still getting intraperitoneal chemo, etc., but very ill. One day, he told the family "Susie and Grandpa came to see me last night." These were two family members who had previously died. Of course, everyone thought that couldn't be true. The patient told the nurses and family that they had told him it was not his time that day, but that they would come back for him tomorrow. Sure enough, he died the next day.

Posted by: Visit from Jesus ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:36AM

I worked as a ped nurse in a childrens hospital in Ga. We get very close to our chronically ill children. There was one boy I was giving care to who had ALL and had slipped out of remission. He was doing well with his therapy for the most part, no unexpected complications. One morning our CNA came to me after taking his vs and told me to check on him "He's not acting quite right". As I assess him and ask how he is feeling he states "I'm alright!! I'm doing great! I want to see my aunt. She is the worlds GREATEST auntie!!" His belly was largely distended and hard as it could be for his little body. His o2 sat was 79%. I asked him if he hurt? he replied "I'm alright!!! I'm not going to hurt anymore! I talked to Jesus last night and he said everything is just fine!" My heart sank, we all know what that means. His mother called his aunt and he introduced us all to her and then told the story of his visit from Jesus again. There was a chair beside the bed that he said he sat in. We CT'd the belly and chest and found the chest whited out. He was moved to PICU and ventilated. All the while "He was FINE!". He died about 1 week later from ARDS. It's comforting to know Jesus came to see him and help him over the way. Religiously I've not been quite the same.

Posted by: Chucky ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:43AM

Has anyone seen the ghost of Eva? She was brutally murdered in the woods around Burke on August 4, 1918. She's supposedly buried in the Lee Chapel Cemetery next to her father who died 15 years later.

Posted by: Chase_Warren ()
Date: July 09, 2013 10:47AM

Old Mum Wrote:
> PurrlGurrl Wrote:
> -----
> > black eyed kids Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Does anyone ever think that maybe they are
> just
> > > different from everyone else?
> > >
> > > Maybe the reason why they are so dark and
> > > mysterious is because they are terrified and
> > > depressed on how they look. They see eyes
> > watching
> > > them and feel uncomfortable. Maybe the reason
> > why
> > > they hide there faces is because they know
> that
> > > people would be terrified.
> > >
> > > This is just my opinion, just something to
> > think
> > > about
> >
> >
> > There is a racial/ethnic undertone to some of
> the
> > stories I've read. One I remember in particular
> > said the children looked Asian.
> >
> > I think this is a cultural meme that is popular
> > among white Americans, especially those who
> fear
> > and are threatened by so many of our new
> > (non-white) immigrants who's racial and ethnic
> > backgrounds bestow on them very dark eyes. I
> don't
> > believe the stories are real, but rather
> > apocryphal. Children demanding to be let in;
> > immigrants demanding to be let in.
>
> Seems to me, that they are demonic or
> trans-dimensional in nature...
>
> Oddly enough, I have heard of stories like this
> before,
> mainly from my Albanian mother who’s been
> telling me similar stories from the old country,
> stories that go back centuries.
>
> The old timers back where my parents are from
> would give
> them (these manifestations) many names, Jinn
> (which is the old Turkish world for an inhuman
> entity) a shatan or dreq (which is the word used
> for devil/demon)
> or the really old Albanian term “ora” (similar
> to dark faery or poltergeist).
>
> In the tales they are always wearing black, with
> lifeless
> eyes gazing back at you, they always have some
> form of physical demonic looking deformity brought
> on (as the legend goes) by God to warn
> human-(mortals) of their presence –of not being
> human.
>
> They ask to come into your homes and when you are
> traveling
> they often ask you for help. It’s an invitation
> to take you… The only thing that can stop them
> (as the legend goes) is God’s prayer.

A few years back i think it was 2009 i was living in Watertown Wisconsin and i was homeless. I spent my nights wandering around the streets and in the parks just doing whatever i could to keep myself from the depressing realization that i had hit bottom. On a very cold night i think late november i was walking around a park called Riverside, It was at least 2 a.m. and i had the odd feeling i was being watched. Turns out my intuition was right a while later well mabey not a while like a half hour i sat down on the swings and started reading my Harry Potter book the only one i had. Out of what seemed like nowhere three kids no older than 11 or 12 sat on the other swings and startedtalking to me. This in it's self was really weird the town wasn't exactly known for being a slum but kids that young didn't just go wandering around on their own. I never got a good look at their eye's but when they were there i had a massive erge to just get up and run, I dont scare easy i was a homless 19 year old and thought myself a badass, honestly to that day i can't remember ever beng as terrified as i was. They kept asking me over and over where i lived and if they could come with me home to use my phone. I told them i wasn't planning on going home for a while and that i just wanted to get back to reading. They kept insisting that i take them to my house so they could use the phone to call their parents who apparently lived in rome (a small town well away from where i lived) I noticed them start getting agitated and talking like a grown man would it was erie hearing them speak it was like soemthing out of a horror movie. after this went on i told them i had to go to my buddies. They asked if they could use the phone there and i said no i'm going there alone. I got up and started walking towards downtown, i figured the more light the better at that point and they kept following me. So i ducked down an allyway and ran as fast as i could to the forest where i had my tent sent up. before i went into the woods i looked back and they were just standing at the edge of the road going towards the woods. I ran for my tent where i had a crappy katana i bought from a fair thy hel every year in town and sat under my blanket the entire night sure i was going to die. Eventually towards dawn i fell asleep and nothing happened i woke up in the late afternoon to someone calling my name. Turns out it was my buddy Xylus i looked around and saw no one else and told him to run over and get in the tent. I told him what had happened and he didnt believe me said i must have dreamt it but i didn't have my book on me so we went back to the park and saw the book just sitting where i had been on the swing the night before. To this day i dont go out without a knife on me and until i stumbled upon this site i had convinced myself i must have fabricated most of the story to some extent. I am telling you if i had seen their eyes i Guarantee they would have been black. as im writing this im getting shivers just thinking about that night and glad im in a warm bed In Nevada well away from that town and what happened. I am not much of a lier and im sure most people wont believe me but i swear to everything i hold dear it's the truth and i never knew of this phenomenon till today. You don't have to believe me i just wanted to put down what happened because someone might. Don't ever walk unarmed the fear they instil in you is like nothing you have ever felt. Im not even sure a knife would harm these ":things" but i assure you they are not human whatever they are be it ghost alien demon or vampire or something else entirely if you happen into one turn and run. They're dangerous.

Posted by: waques1984 ()
Date: July 09, 2013 11:23AM

I heard this story from a friend of mine, who is also a fellow nursing student but from another university. One night, while they were on a night shift, a 9-year-old female child unfortunately died in the Pedia Ward. My friend was the one assigned to perform post-mortem care to the said patient. So there he was, cleaning the patient's body and all. He placed a red bracelet in the patient's right hand, as it was the policy of the hospital to place a red tag on the right hand of all patients who are pronounced dead. After performing his tasks, he was on his way to the elevator when suddenly, the little girl came running after him! Terrified, he quickly pushed the close button so that the elevator would close right away and bring him to safety down to the lower floor.

While inside the elevator, an old woman in hospital gown asked him why he closed the elevator door right away when a child wanted to board in. Still overwhelmed with fear, he explained to the old lady "That was the child that I just performed post-mortem care a while ago. She is already dead. Did you saw the red tag on her right arm? That is the mark for all dead patients here in this hospital..." The old woman raised her right arm and replied... "Similar to this?" My friend was found unconcious inside the elevator a few moments later. He never stepped inside the said hospital again. Ever.

Posted by: Nyberg ()
Date: July 09, 2013 01:14PM

I was standing behind the counter in the spiritual bookstore I worked in for eight years some years ago. The counter faced the entrance to the store, with a few steps leading up from street level. It was a rather busy time of the day, so we were three clerks behind the counter. Suddenly I noticed a man coming up the stairs, casually dressed, walking normally, looking down in front of him, and when he reached the top of the stairs, 8 feet from where I was standing, he lifted his face and looked at me - and I stared into the blackest blackness in his eyes. I didn't just get chills, my heart skipped a beat, I felt as if the air was knocked out of me and I turned my back to him, but in that same moment, I was sure that he would jump the counter and go for my throat, either with his hands or his teeth, so I ran out from behind the counter, right through the store and up into the back office where I stayed for a long time, until I was sure he'd left. It was really a strong feeling, I'm positive I wouldn't be here today, if I hadn't ran away. I don't know why, but that man or whatever he was, was out to get me. Luckily, I haven't encountered other black eyed beings since then. Having read through some of the stories here, I can see, that it's common that it's kids that have black eyes, but this was a fully grown man. He didn't get to talk to me, but the feelings described by those who have seen the kids, are pretty much the same as mine. Up until then, my only "encounters" with black eyed people were in horror movies - remember, this was back in 1996 or '97, I didn't even get internet until 1999, so for me, at least, it has nothing to do with being subjected to it through other media.

Posted by: k-frame ()
Date: July 09, 2013 01:36PM

I work Med/Surg, and about 3-4 years ago I had a pt in her 50's that came in with abdominal pain and constipation,
went for an exlap. Well, the case was open & shut, once they got in there they saw so much cancer they just closed
the incision. Nothing was resectable.

Anyway, I got her straight from PACU into room 26, she was still stuporous and the surgeon had not yet informed her
of the situation. No family was around, and no visitors came during my shift. I got her at about 8pm, the strange
incident took place about 2-3 am.

I entered the room to do rounds, and she was sobbing. I asked her if she was in pain, she denied pain but said that
"the other nurse just told me my surgery didn't go very well and I don't have long to live".

I just about blew my top, I was livid, I wanted to find out whointhehell had told my patient about the surgery, that
is the surgeon's responsibility, not a nurse. After calming my patient down somewhat, I asked her what the 'nurse' looked
like that had told her of the prognosis. She described a nurse with a white hat, the white uniform with white stockings
and everything down to hair color and height.

Well, on my floor there were only 5-6 of us working that night, and none fit the description even remotely. (And the only
nurse I know of that still wears that sort of uniform works days in a different unit.) My patient went on to tell me that
this nurse in white sat at the edge of her bed, and sure enough, the foot of the bed and the sheets looked exactly like
someone had been sitting there moments before. This patient's room is also at the end of the hall, with no door at the
end, so the only way anyone could have gone to that room was to pass the nurses station and be seen. No one had gone by.

Fast forward to a year ago, and another pt in 26 told one of the other night RN's that a nurse in white kept coming in
to check the IV's. I had not told that RN my story, and that RN was hired after my experience.

Then, about a month ago, one of the RN's came down to the nurses station and asked who had room 26. The nurse that had
that room spoke up and wondered what's up? The first nurse said there was a lady sobbing in there and she heard it from
the hall, but did not look in. Instead she came to ask 26's nurse if she knew what the deal was. Well, 26's nurse said
that there was an elderly MAN in that room, not a woman. At that point we all went down and went into 26. The man was
sleeping quietly, the TV and radio were off, and when we awoke the man, he denied pain, so I doubt he was whimpering
in his sleep, certainly not sobbing as the first nurse heard.

So, this is three seperate wierd happenings in one room, all experienced by three seperate nurses that were previously
unaware of the other instances.

Kinda prickles the hair on the back of my neck just thinking back on it all.

Posted by: y4 ()
Date: July 09, 2013 02:26PM

Chase_Warren Wrote:

>
> A few years back i think it was 2009 i was living
> in Watertown Wisconsin and i was homeless. I spent
> my nights wandering around the streets and in the
> parks just doing whatever i could to keep myself
> from the depressing realization that i had hit
> bottom. On a very cold night i think late november
> i was walking around a park called Riverside, It
> was at least 2 a.m. and i had the odd feeling i
> was being watched. Turns out my intuition was
> right a while later well mabey not a while like a
> half hour i sat down on the swings and started
> reading my Harry Potter book the only one i had.
> Out of what seemed like nowhere three kids no
> older than 11 or 12 sat on the other swings and
> startedtalking to me. This in it's self was really
> weird the town wasn't exactly known for being a
> slum but kids that young didn't just go wandering
> around on their own. I never got a good look at
> their eye's but when they were there i had a
> massive erge to just get up and run, I dont scare
> easy i was a homless 19 year old and thought
> myself a badass, honestly to that day i can't
> remember ever beng as terrified as i was. They
> kept asking me over and over where i lived and if
> they could come with me home to use my phone. I
> told them i wasn't planning on going home for a
> while and that i just wanted to get back to
> reading. They kept insisting that i take them to
> my house so they could use the phone to call their
> parents who apparently lived in rome (a small town
> well away from where i lived) I noticed them start
> getting agitated and talking like a grown man
> would it was erie hearing them speak it was like
> soemthing out of a horror movie. after this went
> on i told them i had to go to my buddies. They
> asked if they could use the phone there and i said
> no i'm going there alone. I got up and started
> walking towards downtown, i figured the more light
> the better at that point and they kept following
> me. So i ducked down an allyway and ran as fast as
> i could to the forest where i had my tent sent up.
> before i went into the woods i looked back and
> they were just standing at the edge of the road
> going towards the woods. I ran for my tent where i
> had a crappy katana i bought from a fair thy hel
> every year in town and sat under my blanket the
> entire night sure i was going to die. Eventually
> towards dawn i fell asleep and nothing happened i
> woke up in the late afternoon to someone calling
> my name. Turns out it was my buddy Xylus i looked
> around and saw no one else and told him to run
> over and get in the tent. I told him what had
> happened and he didnt believe me said i must have
> dreamt it but i didn't have my book on me so we
> went back to the park and saw the book just
> sitting where i had been on the swing the night
> before. To this day i dont go out without a knife
> on me and until i stumbled upon this site i had
> convinced myself i must have fabricated most of
> the story to some extent. I am telling you if i
> had seen their eyes i Guarantee they would have
> been black. as im writing this im getting shivers
> just thinking about that night and glad im in a
> warm bed In Nevada well away from that town and
> what happened. I am not much of a lier and im sure
> most people wont believe me but i swear to
> everything i hold dear it's the truth and i never
> knew of this phenomenon till today. You don't have
> to believe me i just wanted to put down what
> happened because someone might. Don't ever walk
> unarmed the fear they instil in you is like
> nothing you have ever felt. Im not even sure a
> knife would harm these ":things" but i assure you
> they are not human whatever they are be it ghost
> alien demon or vampire or something else entirely
> if you happen into one turn and run. They're
> dangerous.

Re-write this mess using paragraphs so we can read it.

Date: July 09, 2013 02:32PM

Answers Wrote:
> whaat? Wrote:
> ---------------------------------------------

> > WTF is your dh?

> A DH is short for Department of Health. In this
> case, he or she had a patient from Depart of
> Health; I believe dh is slang for that kind of
> patient.

"My dh had almost lost 1/2 of
> > > his left hand"

My Department of Health had almost lost 1/2 of his left hand ?????

Posted by: Clarified ()
Date: July 09, 2013 03:45PM

whaat? Wrote:
> My Department of Health had almost lost 1/2 of his
> left hand ?????

Department of Health patient, is what she means.

Posted by: PROFOUND ()
Date: July 09, 2013 04:00PM

Couple of things have happened to me.

I worked in a LTC for severe and profound mentally retarded children. one night after one of our long term residents passed away suddenly the night shift girls told me the ceiling tiles were moving.. of course I was a new nurse and only 19 at the time and had NO experience with nursing prior so i was very skeptical. I laughed and went about my business. Later the girls wouldnt go anywhere by themselves so I went with one of them to take the trash out when we came back in the ceiling tiles fluttered...needless to say none of us went anywhere alone the rest of the night. This never happened again and we all worked nights for 3 years together.

We also used to see a man in the play yard usually smoking in jeans and a flannel even in the summer. We called the police many times but they never found anything so after several months we stopped calling and the "man" never harmed anything and never tried to come in so we just let him watch us.
One night I got a call from the geriatric LTC across the road. The nurse asked me who was watering out lawn at 3am. I of course looked out to find NO ONE in the lawn. I called her back to be sure where she saw him. I walke outside with the maintance man with the cordless phone talking to her all the time. We walked down the road toward the way she said she saw him she said she could see him and he was directly to our left. THERE WAS NO ONE THERE. I thought I would pee my pants right there. My maintance man had to throw an arm around me to get me back to the building.

When my son was very young my sister and I were bathing him in the bathroom. His nursery room light went off (switch down) we were alone. my husband was at work and we lived in the country. This light would go off by itself all of the time after a few dozen times I stopped worrying about it. We also would hear what sounded like a man groaning in the basement several times per week. We just referred to it as the man who lives in the basement. We didn't see any thing but heard lots of footsteps and such during the night.

When we built on to our house I stained all of the the wood work for the new addition in the room that had been the nursery. When my new bathroom door was hung there was a very large hand print (in the stain) that wasn't noticed when I sealed the door after stain, on the bottom of the door. (I wear a size 5 ring so I'm pretty sure it isn't mine) Just the man who lives in the basement trying to help I guess. pretty weird huh?

Posted by: Nelson_Undertoe ()
Date: July 09, 2013 04:11PM

Chase_Warren Wrote:
> Old Mum Wrote:
> -----
> > PurrlGurrl Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > black eyed kids Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Does anyone ever think that maybe they are
> > just
> > > > different from everyone else?
> > > >
> > > > Maybe the reason why they are so dark and
> > > > mysterious is because they are terrified
> and
> > > > depressed on how they look. They see eyes
> > > watching
> > > > them and feel uncomfortable. Maybe the
> reason
> > > why
> > > > they hide there faces is because they know
> > that
> > > > people would be terrified.
> > > >
> > > > This is just my opinion, just something to
> > > think
> > > > about
> > >
> > >
> > > There is a racial/ethnic undertone to some of
> > the
> > > stories I've read. One I remember in
> particular
> > > said the children looked Asian.
> > >
> > > I think this is a cultural meme that is
> popular
> > > among white Americans, especially those who
> > fear
> > > and are threatened by so many of our new
> > > (non-white) immigrants who's racial and
> ethnic
> > > backgrounds bestow on them very dark eyes. I
> > don't
> > > believe the stories are real, but rather
> > > apocryphal. Children demanding to be let in;
> > > immigrants demanding to be let in.
> >
> > Seems to me, that they are demonic or
> > trans-dimensional in nature...
> >
> > Oddly enough, I have heard of stories like this
> > before,
> > mainly from my Albanian mother who’s been
> > telling me similar stories from the old
> country,
> > stories that go back centuries.
> >
> > The old timers back where my parents are from
> > would give
> > them (these manifestations) many names, Jinn
> > (which is the old Turkish world for an inhuman
> > entity) a shatan or dreq (which is the word
> used
> > for devil/demon)
> > or the really old Albanian term “ora”
> (similar
> > to dark faery or poltergeist).
> >
> > In the tales they are always wearing black,
> with
> > lifeless
> > eyes gazing back at you, they always have some
> > form of physical demonic looking deformity
> brought
> > on (as the legend goes) by God to warn
> > human-(mortals) of their presence –of not
> being
> > human.
> >
> > They ask to come into your homes and when you
> are
> > traveling
> > they often ask you for help. It’s an
> invitation
> > to take you… The only thing that can stop
> them
> > (as the legend goes) is God’s prayer.
>
>
> A few years back i think it was 2009 i was living
> in Watertown Wisconsin and i was homeless. I spent
> my nights wandering around the streets and in the
> parks just doing whatever i could to keep myself
> from the depressing realization that i had hit
> bottom. On a very cold night i think late november
> i was walking around a park called Riverside, It
> was at least 2 a.m. and i had the odd feeling i
> was being watched. Turns out my intuition was
> right a while later well mabey not a while like a
> half hour i sat down on the swings and started
> reading my Harry Potter book the only one i had.
> Out of what seemed like nowhere three kids no
> older than 11 or 12 sat on the other swings and
> startedtalking to me. This in it's self was really
> weird the town wasn't exactly known for being a
> slum but kids that young didn't just go wandering
> around on their own. I never got a good look at
> their eye's but when they were there i had a
> massive erge to just get up and run, I dont scare
> easy i was a homless 19 year old and thought
> myself a badass, honestly to that day i can't
> remember ever beng as terrified as i was. They
> kept asking me over and over where i lived and if
> they could come with me home to use my phone. I
> told them i wasn't planning on going home for a
> while and that i just wanted to get back to
> reading. They kept insisting that i take them to
> my house so they could use the phone to call their
> parents who apparently lived in rome (a small town
> well away from where i lived) I noticed them start
> getting agitated and talking like a grown man
> would it was erie hearing them speak it was like
> soemthing out of a horror movie. after this went
> on i told them i had to go to my buddies. They
> asked if they could use the phone there and i said
> no i'm going there alone. I got up and started
> walking towards downtown, i figured the more light
> the better at that point and they kept following
> me. So i ducked down an allyway and ran as fast as
> i could to the forest where i had my tent sent up.
> before i went into the woods i looked back and
> they were just standing at the edge of the road
> going towards the woods. I ran for my tent where i
> had a crappy katana i bought from a fair thy hel
> every year in town and sat under my blanket the
> entire night sure i was going to die. Eventually
> towards dawn i fell asleep and nothing happened i
> woke up in the late afternoon to someone calling
> my name. Turns out it was my buddy Xylus i looked
> around and saw no one else and told him to run
> over and get in the tent. I told him what had
> happened and he didnt believe me said i must have
> dreamt it but i didn't have my book on me so we
> went back to the park and saw the book just
> sitting where i had been on the swing the night
> before. To this day i dont go out without a knife
> on me and until i stumbled upon this site i had
> convinced myself i must have fabricated most of
> the story to some extent. I am telling you if i
> had seen their eyes i Guarantee they would have
> been black. as im writing this im getting shivers
> just thinking about that night and glad im in a
> warm bed In Nevada well away from that town and
> what happened. I am not much of a lier and im sure
> most people wont believe me but i swear to
> everything i hold dear it's the truth and i never
> knew of this phenomenon till today. You don't have
> to believe me i just wanted to put down what
> happened because someone might. Don't ever walk
> unarmed the fear they instil in you is like
> nothing you have ever felt. Im not even sure a
> knife would harm these ":things" but i assure you
> they are not human whatever they are be it ghost
> alien demon or vampire or something else entirely
> if you happen into one turn and run. They're
> dangerous.

I just stumbled upon this thread and I thought it would be a good idea to share my experience. In the year 2010,
I had gone to Uttaranchal, India to buy a piece of land in a place called Ramgarh. It is a small village district
in the Himalayas.

After my legal formalities were completed, I decided to have lunch and my lawyer, a native to Uttaranchal, gave
me directions to an old house before leaving for his office. I went alone. Only an 85-year old decrepit lady lived
there all by herself. Adjacent to her house, there was another house separated by a barbed fence. Something was odd
about that house. It gave a malignant feeling. The entrance door was not just locked from the outside but a mantra
was painted on the door - maha mrityuanjaya mantra. Out of curiosity, I asked the old lady, Shanta, " Who lives in
the neighbouring house?" At that moment her face went red. She said her sister used to live there and then one morning
she was never to be seen. I thought maybe a hungry tiger took her away at night, but the cause was something I had
never heard off. Even to this day, I think she must have exaggerated her story; her sister's disappearance must have
been caused by an earthly phenomenon. Some people love to play psychological games. I do not claim that the events
were real.

I'm only telling you what was passed on to me as an "interesting story". Anyway, Shanta puts my plate on the floor
and as she is pouring curd, she shudders and asks if I would like to know about her sister. I was interested more in
the light of something creepily fun. That's what I got, but the story does scare me sometimes, when I begin to remember
my encounter with the old lady. She said the event occurred 30 years ago. Her sister, Parnika had just got married and
decided to shift to the neighbouring house; a gift from a bride's father to her daughter's husband. For about a month,
things went as usual until the night of the full moon (I smiled when she said that. I was ready for the bullshit that
was coming!). Shanta woke up at 4 AM that day and felt this horrible pain in her stomach. As she walked towards her
door, through the window on a sidewall, she saw two young girls with pitch black eyes knocking on Parnika's door (Wow,
she could clearly see those entities at 4 AM..... and that too from a bloody good distance. Convincing me would take a
lifetime, I tell you! ). Shanta felt something evil was lurking in her area. She said her fear was inexplicable (Thank
God for that. Otherwise she would have added more drama without any logical links!). They were knocking incessantly for
about ten minutes until Parnika came out. Then, some words were exchanged which Shanta couldn't decipher owing to her
distance. She saw Parnika sweating profusely for half an hour. She was just standing there looking at those entities.
And then, for reasons unknown, Parnika allowed them to enter the house. At that moment Shanta wanted to run towards her
sister to help her from the calamity yet to come, but something or someone stopped her. She just sat down looking through
the window. No scream, no noise of falling utensils or whatever. Before, she realised the clock had struck 6. She decided
to gather help from her villagers and took a bunch of them to Parnika's house. They found nothing odd. Everything was in
place and in order, only the newly wed couples were missing. Search parties were created with the help of local police,
but those poor souls were never to be found. Before I left, she said there are evil spirits in that house. A pujari came
long time ago after the event had already occurred and asked Shanta's family to seal the house. I wonder if BEKs are real.
I don't know man. But the idea of disappearing without leaving a trace behind... that's creepy.

Posted by: whaat ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:40AM

Clarified Wrote:
> whaat? Wrote:
> -----
> > My Department of Health had almost lost 1/2 of
> his
> > left hand ?????
>
> Department of Health patient, is what she means.

I think DH means Dick Head.

Posted by: Whaat ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:48AM

And, I think Nelson_Undertoe, the long-winded, ghost story teller, who posted above me, in a giant block of run-on print, which no one will ever read, is a DH.

God oh fucking mighty.........

Posted by: DH answer ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:36AM

Umm I'm pretty sure DH stands for "dear husband" in this case...

Posted by: Ghost caught on camera! ()
Date: July 10, 2013 05:05AM

Hospitals are where a lot of people go to die. A lot of near death experiences too. Being that the witnesses are of sound mind (as part of staff, they have to be) this makes these recounts even more intriguing. Stories are cool. Video is too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8obubfYjcQ&feature=player_embedded

Posted by: Joey in Fairfax Station VA ()
Date: July 10, 2013 07:03AM

My grandma lives in Fairfax Station, VA. I visit her every week but her house is very unsettling. One day my grandpa had cancer and died in that house. About a few months later we started hearing unusual knocks and seeing shadows.
I knew it was my grandpa, my grandma does research on the house and finds out the house was built in 1926 and 2 people killed themselves and 3 were murdered. So a total of six people had died in that house. Which scared me because I visit that house every week. And every week there is at least something paranormal going on in that house. The scariest encounter with a ghost was when my family was in the living room and all of a sudden we heard a loud thud in the attic, scared the daylights out of us. We recently found out someone hanged themselves in the attic.

Posted by: Oscar the Cat ()
Date: July 10, 2013 10:19AM

Nursing home cat can sense death?

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...6?feedType=RSS

CHICAGO (Reuters) - When Oscar the Cat visits residents of the Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence, Rhode Island, the staff jumps into action -- Oscar can sense within hours when someone is about to die.

In his two years living in Steere's end-stage dementia unit, Oscar has been at the bedside of more than 25 residents shortly before they died, according to Dr. David Dosa of Brown University in Providence.

He wrote about Oscar in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"It's not that the cat is consistently there first," Dr. Joan Teno, a professor of community health at Brown University, who sees patients in the unit. "But the cat always does manage to make an appearance, and it always seems to be in the last two hours."

Raised at the nursing home since he was a kitten, Oscar often checks in on residents, but when he curls up for a visit, physicians and nursing home staff know it's time to call the family.

"I don't think this is a psychic cat," said Teno. "I think there's probably a biochemical explanation," she said in a telephone interview.

While pets are often used to bring comfort to the elderly in nursing home settings, Oscar's talent is special, though not unexpected.

"That is such a cat thing to do," said Thomas Graves, a feline expert and chief of small animal medicine at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine.

Graves said there is no evidence to suggest cats can sense death, but he doesn't discount it for a minute.

Those things are hard to study. I think probably dogs and cats can sense things we can't," he said.

On a particular day detailed by Dr. Dosa, Oscar settled onto the bed of a patient in room 313.

His presence sent staff off to make calls and set up vigil.

When a grandson asked why the cat was there, his mother explained: "He is here to help Grandma get to heaven," according to Dosa's account.

She died a half an hour later.

Posted by: CyndieRN2007 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:09AM

I was doing my leadership rotation at a long term care facility. One of the 1st semester students had a patient with dementia. I was very familiar with this 80 year old woman because she was my patient when I was in semester one.

She was easily confused and often talked nonsense. I humored her stories. However this gave me chills up my spine....I was making rounds on all the patients my semester one students had. When I checked on this particular patient, she was sleeping. I went to pull up the covers on her, you know, just to tuck her in and make her feel more comfortable....As I was pulling the covers up, she sat up slightly and said...."watch the little girls for me..." I said "What little girls, Mrs X?" She said, "You hear them, the little girls." I started to rule it out as confusion, but then she said..."Watch out for the little girls....I dont want that man over there to get them..." I immediately asked her "What man?" She repied..."That bad man over there." I quickly tucked her in and reassured her that she was ok... and then I got my butt out of there!!! A week or so later, one of my semester four classmates told me that she had passed away... Was she seeing ghosts???

Posted by: tarakoch ()
Date: July 10, 2013 01:49PM

Dh and I bought an old farm house about 7 years ago. It was a hole in the ground but we have remodeled it slowly and it is great now. But when we first moved in I was pregnant with our first child. I was on bed rest and therefore here all the time. Mostly alone while dh worked. As soon as we moved in, I felt a presence in the house. dh denied it. We would hear very heavy objects being thrown on the floor upstairs all the time. But there wasn't a single thing upstairs before we remodeled. No furniture, tools or anything. Dh still denied it that we had a ghost. I would see a male figure out of the corner of my eye all the time when I was napping or alone. I was really freaked out. Then I had my daughter and brought her home from the hospital. Well, my male ghost was even more active. I figured he was interested in the new life in the house. I finally could not take it anymore with the noises and sighting. I started talking to the ghost and invited him to be part of the family. i told him he could only stay in our home if he protected us and watched out for the kids. The noises stopped. I would still see him once in a while and feel his presence, but the noises stopped. After having my second child he became active again but I again asked him to stop and stick with our agreement. ( yes, dh thinks I am nuts too) The noises stopped again. But I knew he was still there. Fast forward to 2-3 years later. Our neighbors daughter came over to meet my children to do some babysitting. Her great grandma lived in our home before we bought it and the house had been in the family for 100 years before we bought it. We showed her around so she could see all the work we had done on the house. As she was about to leave, she turned to me and asked, " so, have you seen the male ghost?" I just looked at dh with a look. How could he denied it now?? This is the first time we are meeting her and she mentioned the male ghost. Something I had been saying for years. She told me that it was some uncle that was very protective over the kids. He would walk around upstairs where the kids rooms were during the night to make sure the kids were safe in there beds. So, I felt I had made a good choice to ask him to stay and watch over the kids and our home. I still see him once in awhile but I am no longer afraid. I know he watched out for the kids. A few weeks ago I had a very bad dream, so I walked up stairs to check on the kids. As i was checking in on them in their rooms, it sounded like someone with very heavy feet racing up the stairs. I stopped and waited to see if it was dh. Nope. I looked out into the hall, and no one. I assume he saw it was me upstairs and stopped. But it was a little freaking. The kids have never mentioned seeing him, so I am fine with it. I don't want them to see the ghost. Yes I am sane person. I just have a ghost in my house.

Posted by: see dead people ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:24PM

This happened to me when I was a kid. I'm sure I was awake and lying on my back, when I felt my feet and legs lifting out of my body. I felt very peaceful, but then I got scared thinking I was dying and it stopped. It never happened again, and I never forgot about it. I heard that young kids (before they know to be frightened) leave their bodies and kind of hover around. This sounds weird, but I have memories of hanging out in the corner near the ceiling and looking down at myself sleeping. Maybe they were just dreams, though.

I think kids are much more in touch with the spiritual world, since they came from there so recently. I guess some kids hear voices, but they aren't psychotic, it's just spirits talking but we can't hear them. My son (around age 4) used to cover his ears a lot, and he seemed distraught at times. After gently asking him questions, he admitted hearing people whispering in his ears. He told me a man and a lady, but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He admitted it was very upsetting to him. So, I was freaked out thinking he had mental problems, and I started researching on line. I was shocked to find this is a common occurrence in many kids! I didn't feel so bad then. Anyway, it said to pick a child's favorite toy and tell them this toy hears the noises, too. Then I got his dinosaur that makes a roaring sound and told him whenever he hears the noise hold up the dino to your favorite toy and make it growl in the ears to chase off the noise. I also told him he could say, "Go away noises, I don't like you!" He actually did these things off and on for a few days, and then it stopped. No more noises. Strange, but true.

Posted by: Ghost of Jumper ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:35PM

About 4 years ago, before I was a nurse, I was working on an inpatient PINS unit as a tech.
One day, a sick and depressed younger man in room "4" managed to get the window in the room
open and jump to his death from several stories high (I was not there that day, but there was
an eery feeling on the unit for long after the incident). A couple of years later, we had a
retired priest in room "4" who was very confused, combative, and agitated. He would yell and
cuss and tell anyone who touched him that they were going to go to hell. It was very strange
and uncomfortable. However, that afternoon as I was checking on him he was very calm and lucid.
I was standing between his bed and the window talking to him when I noticed that he was looking
passed me. I asked him what he was looking at and he said "Brian". I was confused, and was sure
he was too. I asked him where he was, etc... to find that he was completely oriented. He said
"turn around and see for yourself, honey. Brian's right there." I turned around and I don't
know if my mind was playing tricks on me but I saw a weird glowy haze in the corner of the room
by the window. When I left the room I told one of the nurses who verified that that was the
patient's name who had jumped years before. ...goosebumps...

Posted by: jones story ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:36PM

this story was told to me by my friend jone.

jone and i live in the small town of chippewa falls, wisconsin. it is located about 90 miles east of the twin cities. one evening, jone drove to minneapolis to pick up her daughter who was attending school there. on the return trip jone let her daughter drive and they both conversed about school and other events in their lives. it was approximately 10:00 at night and small pockets of fog banks began to develop on the highway. jone turned from looking at her daughter and yelled at her to slow down and avoid what looked to be a motorcyclist. she recalled seeing a leather jacket and various details of the bike. but she vividly remembers how the headlights reflected off the chrome of the bike yet it went through it at the same time. the motorcyclist was in front of their vehicle for about five seconds and then drove off into the ditch. jone's daughter pulled over to the side of the road and the both looked at each other and verified what they both had witnessed. spooked out of their minds they sped for home. they were traveling on highway 29 which links i94 to green bay. currently hy29 is being expanded to a four lane highway due to the many fatal accidents that have occured in the past.

Posted by: ebear ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:48PM

I live in a 108 yr-old restored home in the south. A couple of days ago, I was sitting in the family room in a recliner reading. All of a sudden, a flower arrangement in the foyer fell off a perfectly level marble top table and crashed into a hundred pieces! I was the only one home (I thought!) The arrangement was in the very center of the table and there is NO WAY it could have just fallen off! About 5 minutes later, the light in the same foyer started to flicker and went out. I got up to go look, thinking the bulb had blown. It hadn't...The switch was turned off!!! I have also seen "butt prints" on my beds upstairs. I asked my husband if he had been sitting on the beds (I didn't care if he was) and he said "no". He came to look and was amazed too. Perfectly formed butt prints like someone had just gotten up from the beds! I don't know--we've been here 5 yrs. and I ignored some stuff earlier thinking I was imagining things. NO MORE! I'm getting freaked out!!!

Posted by: eldragon ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:19PM

I think spirits are in cemetaries only because people are there. Live people.

The dead bodies have no attraction for the spirits. How lonely would it be to have to stay with your corpse forever?

I've read books written by mediums and and have heard that when a person goes to a cemetary to visit graves, spirits go with them there. When the person leaves, the spirit goes, too.

Think about it. When a person dies, it's soul leaves the body where it's at, which is usually at home, in a hospital or LTC facility. The soul usually goes where it's supposed to go, a place you may call heaven or the afterlife or numerous other names depending on your spiritual beliefs.

And some religions believe that the spirit stays with its body for up to a week, which is why they have traditions of having a person stay with the body, and covering mirrors, etc.

And now you are at the stage that the body goes to a cemetary and is buried in the ground. Why would a spirit stay there?

The spirit, if still around, would just leave with the people he/she cares about, and go back home.

That's a theory, of course, but a well-thought out one. When you go to a cemetary, you are there in memory of a person you once knew. That emotion might summon spirits to be with you, but it's only because you are there, not because they were there when you arrived.

Date: July 10, 2013 03:43PM

DH answer Wrote:
> Umm I'm pretty sure DH stands for "dear husband"
> in this case...

dear husband? How stupid.

I like dick head better.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 10, 2013 05:25PM

My Dh is a dickhead and he saw a ghost in a bathroom in the hospital where I was a nurse back in the 80's, when I was taking care of the mental patients who walked around naked late at night when everyone thought they were asleep. My Dh, the dickhead, came to visit me one night in September, when there was a storm outside and he brought me a sandwich made out of peanut butter and cranberries with a banana on top. I remember this clearly, because I commented on the cranberries. My Dh, the dickhead, said, hey, I'll be right back, I need to take a wiz. I said, OK, dickhead, don't be too long, this storm is scaring the bejesus outta me. Some time passed, I walked a naked mental patient back to his room and I munched on my sandwich. Then I head a loud scream coming from my Dh, the dickhead. He had been urinating in the mental ward bathroom, when he heard strange sounds coming from the stall next to him. He tried to peek under the stall and that's when the dickhead saw a shadow moving across the floor. He yelled, what the fuck!! So, I ran down the hallway, dropping my peanut butter sandwich and found my DH, the dickhead, sitting on the floor with his pants down. He was as white as a ghost, and believe me, this dickhead is whiter than a ghost to begin with, trust me on this one. So, I helped my Dh, the dickhead, pull up his new corduroy pants and together we ran around the hospital in search of the ghost. We heard strange noises coming from a closet where we usually keep the tourniquets and shit, so my Dh, the dickhead, bravely opened the door and out flew a gray blur of what looked like a giant boob. The ghost was a big gray tit. My Dh, the dickhead, got excited and looked around in the closet for another big tit; he said he had never seen such a big boob in all his dickhead life. But, no, there was only one boob and it was making its way toward the maternity ward. My Dh, the dickhead, told me to stay back, this was a job for a dickhead. So, I hid under the nurses desk and let my Dh, the dickhead, find the giant boob ghost. The dickhead checked every bed in maternity and I could hear the women screaming when he pulled down their blankets and examined their milk-filled boobs, in search of the giant gray tit. The dickhead thought the giant boob was trying to blend in, so he had to be very thorough in his search, and despite the women's screams, he carefully palpitated every boob in maternity until security suddenly appeared and pried his boob filled hands away, sticking them in hand cuffs. As they were taking dickhead out of the hospital, the boob ghost appeared, but only my Dh, the dickhead, could see it. It was sitting in a corner, taunting my Dh, the dickhead, almost laughing at him. Dickhead said, look, there is it, the giant tit, right over there, but the security cops didn't bother looking and just pushed my Dh, the dickhead, into a cop car and took him away. I have seen the giant ghost boob only once since, back around '97, just a quick glimpse as it made its way off an elevator, but my Dh, the dickhead, won't visit me any more and won't even talk about the ghost boob he saw that terrible night. I could tell you more ghost stories but I don't wanna get that paragraph Nazi upset because I don't believe in paragraphs since they are so stupid, but maybe I'll come back tomorrow and tell you about the time my Dh, the dickhead, once saw a flying saucer over I-66. He even remembers getting beamed up and being tied down while the aliens took fluid and tissue samples from his body. Dickhead has drawn many pictures of the creatures, they had three eyes, but the government isn't interested in his drawings. That's because they already know about the aliens, that's what my Dh, the dickhead, thinks anyway, and I believe him.

Posted by: koko ()
Date: July 10, 2013 05:56PM

A++ too funny!!!!

Posted by: notAdrunk ()
Date: July 11, 2013 12:35AM

I live in Fairfax and this is a true story of my 'encounter'.
I got hammered drunk at a local bar, and took a cab back to my apartment, where I had a few shots of Jäger and kind of passed out in bed. When I woke up the next morning I had a severe headache, but I ignored that completely when I saw what had happened: a ghost, or spirit, or whatever, had come into my room in the middle of the night and pissed on my bed (including my shorts!), and had thrown up on the nightstand, getting some in my mouth too because I could taste it.
I'm a believer now, especially after I got drunk a month later and the ghost came back and managed to shit in my pants while I was sleeping on the couch.

Posted by: asdfasdfasfasdf ()
Date: July 11, 2013 07:34AM

notAdrunk Wrote:
> I live in Fairfax and this is a true story of my
> 'encounter'.
> I got hammered drunk at a local bar, and took a
> cab back to my apartment, where I had a few shots
> of Jäger and kind of passed out in bed. When I
> woke up the next morning I had a severe headache,
> but I ignored that completely when I saw what had
> happened: a ghost, or spirit, or whatever, had
> come into my room in the middle of the night and
> pissed on my bed (including my shorts!), and had
> thrown up on the nightstand, getting some in my
> mouth too because I could taste it.
> I'm a believer now, especially after I got drunk a
> month later and the ghost came back and managed to
> shit in my pants while I was sleeping on the
> couch.

LOL +1000

Posted by: doe9181 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:18AM

Oct 31, '07 by doe9181

I haven't personally experienced anything myslef while at work but 2 of my coworkers have. Last year a few people died in one of the rooms on the south side of our floor within a close time frame and one of my coworkers swears one night she seen a short, dark blob go running out of 62 bed two into the room across the hall from it. Another coworker told me that after a woman had died her and another one of our coworkers were cleaning her up and the nurse that had the deceased patient asked them to close the door and when my coworker went to close the door, she said she felt resistance and the nurse felt it from the other side also, like the door didn't wan to close. Of course it works fine now and always did before that.

Some non-hosptial related stories I have mostly include deceased family and friends coming to let me know that they are okay after they have died. I had three seperate dreams of my grandpa that I remember vividly to this day. We were very close. The one I remember the most and that affected me the most was one where I was at his wake and I was sitting on the couch in front looking at his casket when a phone rang. My grandma told me it was for me so I turned my back to take the call. It was my grandpa on the phone telling me to turn around. I turned around and he was standing in front of me out of his coffin. He hugged me and told me that he was doing fine and missed us. I then said to him, "but grandpa, aren't you supposed to be dead?" And he said, "Yeah, I guess I am." He said it in a really sad voice and then turned around and got back in his coffin. Made me really sad.

Another story I have is one of a friend of mine that died in a drunk driving accident in high school. I was best friends with her sister growing up before they moved away to the suburbs and switched schools. About two weeks after she died she came to me in a dream and told me she was doing alright but that her sister was not. She then asked me if i could please call her sister and have her come stay with me for the weekend to get her out of the house (they shared a room when her sisiter was alive). I felt kind of dumb calling her house but I was compelled to do it. My friend wasn't home but her mom answered and I told her all about it and her mom found such comfort in knowing that Tiffany was alright and was reaching out to her sister. Her sister came over the following weekend and we had a fun, relaxing weekend.

One last thing that freaked me out and then I'm done (sorry this is so long). My boyfriend at the time's sister claimed she could speak in tongues. I didn't believe her and my ex said she should do it to me. They told me how she did it to her other brother's girlfriend and she was crying and really amazed. So I let her "speak in tongues" over me and she told me that my grandpa was in heaven and was doing good. She also told me that he was a police officer when he was alive (she didn't know that before) and how many brothers he had (didn't know that either) and other things she wouldn't of known. She told me that my uncle Solly (one of my grandpa's brothers) was a gruff man when he was alive (he was!) and he wasn't in heaven yet because not enough people prayed for him here on earth. You bet you butt I prayed for that man every night from that night on. I don't know if she was full of it but some of the things she knew, there was no way she would of known without me telling her. Kind of freaky right?:

Posted by: nurse sherry ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:31AM

Oscar the Cat Wrote:
> Nursing home cat can sense death?
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...6?feedType=
> RSS
>
> CHICAGO (Reuters) - When Oscar the Cat visits
> residents of the Steere House Nursing and
> Rehabilitation Center in Providence, Rhode Island,
> the staff jumps into action -- Oscar can sense
> within hours when someone is about to die.
>
> In his two years living in Steere's end-stage
> dementia unit, Oscar has been at the bedside of
> more than 25 residents shortly before they died,
> according to Dr. David Dosa of Brown University in
> Providence.
>
> He wrote about Oscar in the New England Journal of
> Medicine.
>
> "It's not that the cat is consistently there
> first," Dr. Joan Teno, a professor of community
> health at Brown University, who sees patients in
> the unit. "But the cat always does manage to make
> an appearance, and it always seems to be in the
> last two hours."
>
> Raised at the nursing home since he was a kitten,
> Oscar often checks in on residents, but when he
> curls up for a visit, physicians and nursing home
> staff know it's time to call the family.
>
> "I don't think this is a psychic cat," said Teno.
> "I think there's probably a biochemical
> explanation," she said in a telephone interview.
>
> While pets are often used to bring comfort to the
> elderly in nursing home settings, Oscar's talent
> is special, though not unexpected.
>
> "That is such a cat thing to do," said Thomas
> Graves, a feline expert and chief of small animal
> medicine at the University of Illinois College of
> Veterinary Medicine.
>
> Graves said there is no evidence to suggest cats
> can sense death, but he doesn't discount it for a
> minute.
>
> Those things are hard to study. I think probably
> dogs and cats can sense things we can't," he
> said.
>
> On a particular day detailed by Dr. Dosa, Oscar
> settled onto the bed of a patient in room 313.
>
> His presence sent staff off to make calls and set
> up vigil.
>
> When a grandson asked why the cat was there, his
> mother explained: "He is here to help Grandma get
> to heaven," according to Dosa's account.
>
> She died a half an hour later.

This story didn't involve a ghost but still scared the pants off of me. One night while working LTC I was leaving my station to go down to the break room for a drink. The front doors of the facility had two long windows on each side of the doors. As I passed by the front doors I saw someone looking in one of the windows. It looked like Beetlejuice! Black around the eyes, red lips with blood running down the sides and freaky hair that stood up on the sides. Have you ever seen the cartoons where the character gets scared and tries to take off running but just can't seem to get traction and take off. Well that was me. I was trying to take off running but wasnt going anywhere for what felt like minutes but was a few seconds. Finally I took off and ran to the next nurses station. I had anohter nurse go with me and we peeked around the corner. He was still there. She said it does look like Beetlejuice! We called the police and they were there almost immediately. Ends up it was a drunk man who had been in a bar fight. His eyes were blacked and mouth busted. He was looking for the emergency room next door to our facility but was too drunk to figure out which building was which.

Posted by: Mariah1952 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:39AM

One night a good friend called and told me she would never sleep in her bedroom again because she had awakened to see this black cloud like mist hanging over her bed that scared her half to death. her family laughed. The next night she called to tell me her husband had been killed in an auto crash less than 1000 feet from their home. Of course he had been in the bed with her when she saw the black mist.

Posted by: curiousauntie ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:47AM

I have been told that 3AM is the "witching hour", the most powerful time of the night for spells and the time that spirits are most active. Why 3 and not midnight I have no idea. I am very interested in paranormal activities and most of these posts are very interesting, except for schroders_piano post about the possession...that has freaked me out for 2 days...and will probably continue to. I copied and pasted it and sent it to my sister (not a nurse) as I am sure it will freak her out too. Misery loves company!!!

Posted by: Witching Hour ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:53AM

curiousauntie Wrote:
> I have been told that 3AM is the "witching hour",
> the most powerful time of the night for spells and
> the time that spirits are most active. Why 3 and
> not midnight I have no idea. I am very interested
> in paranormal activities and most of these posts
> are very interesting, except for schroders_piano
> post about the possession...that has freaked me
> out for 2 days...and will probably continue to. I
> copied and pasted it and sent it to my sister (not
> a nurse) as I am sure it will freak her out too.
> Misery loves company!!!

The Witching Hour refers to midnight. The reason most supernatural activity happens around 3am, refers to the time period that the devil uses. It is the opposite of 3pm, in which most christians believe that Jesus died on the Cross.
3am marks the start of "Dead Time". Everyone is usually asleep or quiet, energies are low, there isn't too much noise, lights etc... It's the perfect time for ghosts, spirits and entities to come out and use electrical energy and our
own energy to be active. By them doing this, they cause electrical equipment to switch on/off and malfunction and when they're around dogs definitely notice and try to let everyone know!

The Witching Hour (Midnight)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witching_hour

"Dead Time"
http://theparanormalsociety.blogspot.com
http://www.moonslipper.com/ghosts.html

Posted by: lauramae18 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 09:44AM

Here's a story for you that will leave you shaking. Our floor is shaped like an H, with 2 private rooms each at the top
of the H's. The 2 private rooms in one of the legs of the H are rumored to be haunted. I just laughed when the older staff
first told me... then, I had a patient in one of the rooms start freaking out one night. (The patient was very demanding,
very rude, wanted her pain meds every hour on the hour. They'd amputated her toe and she kept picking at the incision with
a fork . ) Anyway, as I went into the room, I felt cold air. The patient said "you are too late! She left!". She went on to
describe in detail the little girl with long dark hair, white dress, and a hair ribbon. Then, the patient across the hall
in the other private room started. He saw the same thing, but his little girl was accompanied by an old man in a bolwer hat.

Apparently our ghosts only show themselves to difficult or hard to like patients. Both of these 2 fit the bill. The descriptions
are just what the nuns and older nurses say the ghosts looks like. Whenever I have this assignment, I now always sit at the main
nurses' station instead of the little module right outside the rooms.

Posted by: brigaily2000 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 01:59PM

Hi, This is my 1st post on this board. I just had to reply.

In 1984, I was preparing to be a bridesmaid in a friends wedding and I was expecting at the time. My friend was having another friend alter our dresses. Well, my dress came back and it was about 3 sizes too big and too long, so my Gram, whom I was very close to, as I was her 1st Grandchild, said, "I'll do the alterations for you honey". During my many fittings, we would always talk about my having her 1st Great Grandchild and how she was also making the netting for the bassinet too. She swore it would be a girl, and made a pink one. As we were getting close to my last fitting, she told me to stand up on the chair with my heels on carefully, as she could not bend over and wanted to check the length. She was 74 yrs young at the time. God I loved her. Well, I put my heel right through the back of the gown, tearing a huge hole in it at the bottom! She calmly told me, "Get down off the chair now Emilee and please go home, I will fix it". I couldn't apologize enough as I walked out the door, she had worked so hard on it for me and I know she was a bit perturbed about it and just didn't want me to see her frustration.

A few nights later, I was sound asleep in bed, when I felt the hair on my forehead being brushed aside and felt a very distinct kiss on it and a very warm embrace. I sat straight up and looked over at my husband at the time, thinking it was him, and he was over on the other side of the bed snoring away. I sat there with an odd feeling I couldn't understand and looked at the clock, it said 10:02pm. I just couldn't shake what I know I felt and had not dreamt.

I got up to get a water and sat on my couch for about 45 mins trying to rationalize what I felt, when my phone rang. It was my Mom and she said, "Em, can you come to the house, Gram passed away about 45 mins ago. She was sitting in her rocking chair around 10pm, said to my Grampa, "Al, I love you, please hold my hand, I'm leaving now", he took her hand confused, and she closed her eyes and passed away". OMG! She came to me while I slept, her final goodbye and kissed me before she moved on. I told my Dad and my Grampa and they both started to cry, as I was her favorite and it comforted them very much. For me, I'll be honest, I was afraid to look in the mirror and see her looking back at me for days. Really. I think I would have had a heart attack myself!

Later on, I took the rocking chair she died in, for when I had my baby. Everyone was too freaked out to sit in it or touch it, but I wasn't. When I had my Son, it was not a girl like she thought, I would rock him in that chair and I felt her there with me. Many times when I was sooo tired doing night feedings, I felt my hair being stroked and such a sense of calm. A few times, I'd see that chair rocking on its own while my son slept. I knew she was there watching over her 1st Great Grandchild and I would see it and say, "Hi Gram, he's beautiful isn't he"? I still when in distress or stressed out, talk to her. I feel her there always. I'll sit in her rocking chair and talk to her. I always feel better afterward and somehow the troubles I had, I found a way to work through them after my "session" with Gram.

Now my Grampa, he didn't do well after she passed. She was his life, being married well over 50 yrs. He would cry every night for her. He replaced every name in his bible with her name, painstakenly handwritting it in! I don't know why, but he did. It gave him comfort. He had developed Alzheimer's and would call only *ME* by my Grams name everytime he saw me, he said, "I see you there". Later on, he developed pneumonia, and lapsed into a coma, and was not given long to live. We would visit him and I can't explain how he looked. It was just not him anymore. He was a shell of a person, who did not come out of his coma. My Dad and I were with him one night, I was talking to him, hoping he heard me when I looked upward and saw a flash of light. I asked my Dad if he saw it and he just looked at me stunned. I knew my Gram had come to take him home. We both took his hand and I said, "Grampa, its okay, take Grams hand now, she's here waiting" and my Dad said, "Its okay Dad, go to Mom now, let go, we love you". No lie, in a coma, unresponsive, he sat straight up in the bed(scared me, I didn't expect that, he was in a coma after all), extended his right arm and hand upward towards the ceiling as if reaching for something, lied back down and he was gone. He took her hand.

Posted by: twilight zone? ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:19PM

I have a story to share with you guys. Not sure if you would call it a ghost story, its more weird than anything else,
but here goes. We had an aide orientating one night, it was her first night. She was doing really well and seemed to
like it. I was sitting at the nursing station doing my charting and the aide takes her lunch she goes into the break
room and never comes out.

I saw her go into the break room and I would of seen her come out because the break room is right in front of this
nursing station, I would have heard her come out too because the doors beep. She didn't leave out of the front or back
doors either. The hallway to the back door was beside the break room in front of me and the front door was to the right
of me. I worked third shift and all the alarms on the doors were turned on so, I had the pleasure of going to the doors
and turning the alarms off manually every time someone went outside and the alarms never went off. She couldn't have gone
out of a window because they don't open. I don't know where she went but, we never saw her again.

I asked my supervisor about it a couple of weeks later and she said that the aide never came to pick up her check for the
half of the night she worked. They called the phone number she gave and it was a wrong number. So, they mailed the check
to the address she gave and it came back, "Return to sender, no one by that name at this address." Kinda weird, isn't it?
Wonder where she went?

Posted by: Nurset1981 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:42PM

I live just north of Boston. About 3 miles from me in Danvers, MA there is an old state hospital with a very very lengthy history. It was built in the late 1800's as a mental hospital that housed patients with every mental illness you can imagine. Unfortunately alot of the patients were teenagers whose parents dumped them there with "failure to socialize" and silly things like that..most likely they were just teenagers. The began doing lobodomies, shock therapy and water therapy, along with some procedures that were not even remotely acceptable. We all know what mental health was like in the 1900's, non existent. There was a lot of abuse that went on there. If you look at a picture of Danvers State from the air it looks like a bat. The wards that were furthest away form the main building housed the extreme patients. I have heard more creepy stories from nurses who worked there (including my dad who trained there in nursing school in 74). It closed in 86 and remained empty and in disrepair until this year. Kids used to party up there and there was a few incidents of cult worship going on there too. Google it and you will be freaked out! Anyway, two stories related.

Danvers state was heavily patrolled and guarded since the early 90's I can't say how I was able to go up there but I did with 2 other people. It is a sprawling place on many acres of farmland (it was a "self contained city" had its own everything) I had been wanting to see it up close for years, and I finally got the chance. WE parked in front of the main entrance. I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. It was sort of open so we pushed it open all the way. I saw a long corridor with the creepiest wheelchair I have ever seen. I suddenly had the most intense feeling of dread come over me. I felt like I was rooted to the ground. I heard a voice say "get out'. You can bet my butt was back in that car as fast as my legs would carry me. I refused to go in and look around (which I get razzed about all the time because all kids that grew up around here try to get into danvers state). I went to work the day after and was getting sheets out of the linen closet. Its not uncommon to have sheets marked with area hospitals names on them, they come back with the patients. I pull out a sheet and take it in to make a bed. I flip it open and don't you nkow it has "PROPERTY OF DANVERS STATE" printed on it. I put it in a bio bag and threw it out with the hazmat!

I had a patient who was at danvers state until 1986 when they closed. She never left the nursing home I worked at out of fear we would send her back. She would flip if you tried to send her to the doc or for tests or what have you. The only time she went out of the building was the day she died. When it closed in 86 a lot of patients were just released with no place to go. Courtest of budget cuts, so alot of them just kinda migrated back there and lived together until they were forced out. Theres a lot of info on and it in 2004 a movie was filmed there called "Session 9" if you want the scare of your life rent it! It is seriously one of the best movies ever. David Caruso is in it. Anyway, look it up and read up on it..theres a lot more to the story..oh by the way we tried to save it as it is a historical site but a big wig company bought it and now its being renovated into conds...maybe I'll buy one.

Posted by: karlita ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:45PM

When my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister (a very welcome surprise since mom thought she couldn't have more kids) I was 16. Mom had a really difficult pregnancy with her. One day I was in my room with my door closed, radio as loud as it would go, singing my heart out to what ever song was playing when I clearly heard my mom shout my name. I came out of my room really annoyed. She was standing in the kitchen over a cup she had just dropped and asked me to pick it up. Now extremely annoyed, I laughed, rolled my eyes, and (being 16) I told her I couldn't believe she called me all the way from my room just to pick up a cup for her. She told me she hadn't called me, that she had thought about it, but decided not to and right then I had come out of my room. We had several of these 'incidents' through out her pregnancy, but none since.

Posted by: Hays Va ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:50PM

In 2007 my family and I moved to Hayes, VA. Bought a nice little house off of old Route 17. The house itself wasn't haunted as far as we could tell but the yard sure was. I can't count how many times we caught a fleeting glimpse of someone walking towards the front door.

We would see this from the kitchen window. More times than not this happened in the daytime but occasionally at night. Sometimes accompanied by a knock at the front door. The dogs would go nuts but nobody was ever there.

Posted by: angel of death ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:04PM

I originally came from South East Asia. One of the superstitions that we have is that when you go to a funeral/a wake/visit the dead, you have to pass by some place else (let’s say a grocery store/ a gasoline station/a shopping mall, etc) before going home so that the angel of death couldn’t follow you home. When I moved to the US, I told my in-law (who is also an RN here in the US) about this superstition and she didn’t believe it but obviously got scared and shared it with her nurse co-workers too because they were going to a wake of one of their co-nurses. Her co-workers laughed at her saying it is the first time they heard about it and that they don’t follow such rule and it was an old wives’ tale. After going to the wake, my in-law, together with some of her co-workers finally agreed that they were going to follow this superstition and they passed by a restaurant first before heading home. Her NM according to her didn’t. She proceeded home. Three days later, my in-law gets a call that the healthy 32-year-old sister of her NM who lives with her at home had a heart attack and died in her sleep! That was so sad and scary!

Posted by: Great Grandpa ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:21PM

Just last Friday, my husband's 90 year old grandfather passed away. He was completely alert and oriented right up to the end of his fight with cancer. He died on Friday, July 13th at 12:05am. He was a veteran and was shot in the knee during WWII on Friday the 13th. When he was in the ICU last month, he was in room 13. The hospice facility in which he died was exactly 13 miles from his home. Here's the clincher: His wife died on Friday the 13th, 13 YEARS AGO!! Guess what his favorite number was....

Yesterday I was out on my deck reading when my almost three year-old son started talking to someone in the corner of the deck by the house. He kept on having a conversation with this person so I finally asked him who he was talking to. "Great Grandpa" was his response. "He's right over there." My husband told him to tell him he said hi, so he did. He said "Daddy say hi" and then he giggled at the unheard response he got. Later I heard him talking to himself on his toy phone and he said, "Great Grandpa was in the hospital, and then he died and then he came here." I asked him if Great Grandpa was still around and he said, "He's not here now."

Posted by: MaryAnn ()
Date: July 11, 2013 06:24PM

One night I was caring for a dying male patient. He was scared and I spent quite some time with him, trying to calm and reassure him. Eventually he calmed and I left the bedside and went over to the nurses station which was about 15 feet away. As I sat down I glanced over to him and there was a black shape standing over the bed, looking down at the patient. I was terrified, and am sure it was something evil.

Posted by: LouisFF ()
Date: July 11, 2013 07:09PM

Similar things have happened to me!!!!!!

notAdrunk Wrote:
> I live in Fairfax and this is a true story of my
> 'encounter'.
> I got hammered drunk at a local bar, and took a
> cab back to my apartment, where I had a few shots
> of Jäger and kind of passed out in bed. When I
> woke up the next morning I had a severe headache,
> but I ignored that completely when I saw what had
> happened: a ghost, or spirit, or whatever, had
> come into my room in the middle of the night and
> pissed on my bed (including my shorts!), and had
> thrown up on the nightstand, getting some in my
> mouth too because I could taste it.
> I'm a believer now, especially after I got drunk a
> month later and the ghost came back and managed to
> shit in my pants while I was sleeping on the
> couch.

Posted by: sleepy_one ()
Date: July 12, 2013 06:14AM

Ok I should be going to bed--and I am, but I was sorting through a box in the kitchen when the two overhead lights went off. The porch light and driveway light stayed on--used same switch plate. I just froze. I thought A) their is a critter in the walls chewing on something (OMG) or B) my dad is saying hello---no I don't usually believe that---in the past I have had things happen which I feel were 'signs' telling me things, but this was WEIRD. I flicked the switch off then back on and the light just came on again. I sat and thought about it. Stood froze more like it. I thought wouldn't that be nice? Him saying hello? See, I am staying with my mom for a while and working eves I always stayed up late and left most lights on downstairs, well in the past he would go the the BR and then I would hear him shuffle over to the kitchen lights and shut them off....he was notorious for that-- (that and c/o no one putting tpaste caps back on-oh the day they invented flip tops!). So a few minutes ago it dawned on me---maybe if it is possible he was saying quit cleaning, turn off the lights and go to bed.....wouldn't that be nice? Not a nursing story--no but since he died last month, and TODAY is his birthday it is a nice thought to think he is still looking out for us....who knows? Won't hurt to think that....right?

Posted by: Lgarci ()
Date: July 12, 2013 06:46AM

Black Eyed Woman Wrote:
> her parents live.
> have on international
>
> and pick her up.
>
> funeral home there
> "Victims".
>

About 4 or 5 years ago I was walking down a bike path in the back of my house with my step daughter. when I saw 2 boys leaning against their bikes up ahead. I didn’t really think much about it (since it is a bike path) until one of the kids raised his head up and looked me straight in the eye. That’s when fear struck me so hard I was stopped dead in my tracks. His eyes were black and hollow, like he didn’t have a sole. It was like looking at pure evil, at least that’s the way I described it when I recounted the incident later that evening to my husband and my other daughter. I immediately led my step daughter off the path, cut through someones yard and walked out to the street . I didn’t know what I had encountered at the time but now I am quite sure it was the black eyed children. I don’t know what they are, but I know they are dangerous. It was so weird I thought that my step daughter would also be aware of what I perceived to be impending danger , but she was completely oblivious, even when I led her off the path and onto the street. I somehow knew I had to get out of there NOW. Surprisingly they appeared normal in every other aspect ( except for the eyes of course), and a vague awareness that they didn’t quite fit into the environment. I only saw the eyes of one of them because the other kid had his back to me . He looked to be around 13 or 14, flannel shirt and jeans, and a swarthy complection. Now that I have been reading about these encounters it peaks my curiosity but i wouldn’t want to run into them again .
Attachments:
Black_Eyed_Children.jpg

Posted by: Kelli Combs ()
Date: July 12, 2013 07:07AM

I remember the first time I heard about black eyed kids. But even before that, after we moved into this neighborhood I have been hearing foot steps outside my window. I have been so scared to move. I know it cant be ghost, but it sounds like another person is walking. I am now scared for my life, and for my parents. Now I’m ready to talk to them and tell them to get lost. I’m not scared of them anymore. But I’m really scared because well my parents alway leave the garage door open at night. What if some kids just walk in, then what do I do. I’m kinda nervous cause of this one time. I was lying down. Then i heard knocking on my window. Then the doorbell rang to many times. I was frighten to death. This was before I knew about these kids. I was ready to call the police, It was about 1 30 am when this happened. What do I do now? I’m nervous to got outside at night, and I’m scared this is going to happen again. What should I do, I’m brave enough to tell them off, but should I?

Posted by: Babs0512 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 07:18AM

I love the show "the Haunting", I watch it as often as I can. I live in a haunted house, long story short, a lot of what I've seen and heard has been verified by a retired nurse I work with on occasion. Two of her best friends grew up in my house, and she was always over here. I told her about "Mary", that's the name I named my Ghost and that was when she told me she practically grew up in my house. She asked me "How did you come up with the name "Mary"" I said "I don't know, she just seems like a Mary". The abstract to my home over the 107 years of it's existence, has no Mary's listed as owner or part owner. Anyhow, this nurse, Stella, spoke with her two friends (all are in there 60's) and was telling them about me purchasing their old home in 2000, and about the ghost I have that I call "Mary", the sisters told her "Our mothers name was Mary" Stella, said, "No it wasn't your mothers name is Isla (there is an Isla on our abstract) her friend said "No, my mother went by Isla, but her real name was Mary". I asked Stella to bring her friends over to the house next time they were in town, but Stella said, "I already suggested that, but they don't want to talk to their mother!" LOL I could tell more stories, about my house, but I won't for now.

When I worked in the ER, we had this one room that often the light call light would go on even when the room was empty. This was a front line bed, always opened so you could see if anyone "snuck" in and pushed the call light. We had it checked several time, but was always assured "there is nothing wrong with the light". The ER nurses believed it was haunted by their ex nurse manager who died there (before my time), so one day the I was standing in front of the room, and the call light went on. There was no one there. I went in and shut off the call light. I stepped out of the room, and while looking into the room I said out loud, "If this is really a ghost turning on the call light, do it again!" I swear, it went on the second I spoke that line!! My hair stood up!! I went back in and shut off the light, I never challenged the ghost again.

Posted by: Robert Goerman ()
Date: July 12, 2013 07:19AM

Lgarci Wrote:
> Black Eyed Woman Wrote:
> -----
> > My wife told me this creepy story last night.
> It
> > doesn't take place in VA, but in Oakland CA
> where
> > her parents live.
> > Lately there have been several shootings in the
> > area (more than normal) and that funeral home
> they
> > have on international
> > drive has been getting alot of business.
> >
> > A few weeks ago, my Father and mother-in-laws
> were
> > driving through Oakland at around 2am in the
> > morning. My mother-in-law
> > works as a live in hospice nurse and only has a
> > day or so off. She was coming back at 2am after
> > having the evening off. While
> > they were driving to her job, they saw a woman
> > standing on the corner next to the funeral home
> > with a dress on and dressed
> > somewhat nicely (sunday best?). They saw her at
> > the corner while they were stopped at the
> > intersection, and noticed that
> > the woman smiled at them. They also noticed
> that
> > her eyes were black. My in-laws were frightened
> > and drove away as fast as
> > they could. So then my father-in-law drops off
> my
> > mother-in-law at her work and wonders if that
> > ghost woman he saw at the
> > corner will be there on the way back
> > (Unfortunately, he would have to go through
> that
> > same intersection). On his way back,
> > she was still there at the corner, and this
> time
> > he was stuck at the light there at the
> > intersection. She actually waved
> > to him and he noticed again she had black eyes.
> > Seemed like she was trying to get him to come
> over
> > and pick her up.
> > Naturally when the light turned green, he sped
> out
> > of that intersection to get home.
> >
> > No one seems to know who she is, but they all
> seem
> > to agree that her funeral was probably through
> the
> > funeral home there
> > on that street. As to why she was on that
> street
> > between 2am and 3am, I think she was looking
> for
> > "Victims".
> >
> > I did some research and came across BEK's -
> Black
> > eyed kids that seemed to match.
> >
>
>
>
> About 4 or 5 years ago I was walking down a bike
> path in the back of my house with my step
> daughter. when I saw 2 boys leaning against their
> bikes up ahead. I didn’t really think much about
> it (since it is a bike path) until one of the kids
> raised his head up and looked me straight in the
> eye. That’s when fear struck me so hard I was
> stopped dead in my tracks. His eyes were black and
> hollow, like he didn’t have a sole. It was like
> looking at pure evil, at least that’s the way I
> described it when I recounted the incident later
> that evening to my husband and my other daughter.
> I immediately led my step daughter off the path,
> cut through someones yard and walked out to the
> street . I didn’t know what I had encountered at
> the time but now I am quite sure it was the black
> eyed children. I don’t know what they are, but I
> know they are dangerous. It was so weird I thought
> that my step daughter would also be aware of what
> I perceived to be impending danger , but she was
> completely oblivious, even when I led her off the
> path and onto the street. I somehow knew I had to
> get out of there NOW. Surprisingly they appeared
> normal in every other aspect ( except for the eyes
> of course), and a vague awareness that they
> didn’t quite fit into the environment. I only
> saw the eyes of one of them because the other kid
> had his back to me . He looked to be around 13 or
> 14, flannel shirt and jeans, and a swarthy
> complection. Now that I have been reading about
> these encounters it peaks my curiosity but i
> wouldn’t want to run into them again .

In nature, there is a form of aggressive mimicry in which a predator mimics its prey to capture it. Is something sinister mimicking us? Do we only hear from their prey that gets away?

Posted by: Gone but not forgotten ()
Date: July 12, 2013 07:44AM

I just had the most amazing thing happen to me yesterday. One of my patients was heading toward death earlier this week, so I've been keeping tabs on my work phone by checking it for messages periodically as when one of our hospice patients die, the company usually sends out a message to everyone informing them of the death. I checked my phone at 9:00 AM this morning, and nothing. At 11:45 yesterday morning I checked again. I had a voice mail. I check the message, and it was all hollow sounding with some static. There were only two words....my name and the word goodbye. Then the line went dead. I checked on the time the message was sent and it was at 10:15 AM. I called the on-call service and asked if the patient had died. The on-call nurse said yes, the patient had died around 10:00 AM. I went to the patient's house, and I shared the voice mail I'd gotten with the family. The husband started crying and saying "that's her voice...." She had stopped breathing at 10:15 AM. Several other family members listened to it, and they all thought it sounded like her. It seemed to bring them a lot of comfort.

I'm absolutely floored, as I am the most annoyingly LOGICAL person in the world, and I cannot explain this one away. I've been trying to all day I've never had an experience like this before where I could say for a fact that there is no other explaination other than maybe the patient called me one last time to say goodbye......I'm still freaked out.

Posted by: BEKs ()
Date: July 12, 2013 07:46AM

Hei. I was reading up on the black eyed kids and I stumbled over a blog which has two posts, which are not about them, but mention black eyed children.

This blog is rather odd, makes you shiver and wonder, if you have the time to read it all.
Anyway, the first reference to the black eyed children is in a post named “old town” – which is about the town of “Sighisoara”, where Dracula was born. (Vlad the Impaler). Apparently there’s strong evidence in that part of the world, in old manuscripts, of a tale which spans over 2000 years, a tale that relates of how the town was built. It all comes down to the fact that apparently a black eyed child ordered the town to be built in that exact spot.
You really have to read the whole post to understand, otherwise you will think it’s just weird talk.

The other post which relate the appearance of two black eyed children, aged around 16, is called “no good deed goes unpunished” – and talks about how two black eyed children kissed a 1 year old boy and apparently healed him from leukemia. They also put a necklace around his neck.

Again, you have to read the whole post, or the whole blog, to understand. The blog is not about black eyed kids, but I found references of them inside it and I feel that they are somehow players in a much bigger scheme that we could fathom.

Check it out.
Oh, this is the link to the first post http://onvampires.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/old-town/

If you feel like reading the whole blog, make sure you read the “about me” or “who I am” page and the very first post. Won’t make any sense if you don’t.

I just thought to share this with you because I’m as interested in black eyed children as you are.

Posted by: BEKs at the door ()
Date: July 12, 2013 07:55AM

A few nights ago, I was reading up on the phenomena of Black Eyed Kids (BEKs), and I found myself very unsettled. Perhaps because it involves children… young people with seemingly malevolent intentions. I found myself terrified that I’d soon hear a knock at my door… I imagined noises outside my window. Read on, and you’ll understand why I was so spooked.

Most documented cases of paranormal events vary widely. Each incident, while perhaps displaying a common pattern, seems to be unique. With hauntings, there are kaleidoscopic possibilities as to what the entity may be. But with the Black Eyed Kids, we find a nearly unwavering set of circumstances, with most reports sounding as though they could’ve been given by the same person. In other words, it seems the BEKs have a very specific MO.

Imagine you’re sitting at home one night. You’re all alone reading a book by lamplight. It is late. There’s a sudden chiming of your doorbell. Who could be stopping by this time of night? You hesitate. Perhaps answering your door would be a bad idea. But what if it’s an emergency? You decide to push your trepidation aside and open your front door.

Outside are two kids. Not really kids… one appears to be in his pre-teen years, the other his early teens. They are dressed casually in jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, and hoodies. No different than any other kids around the neighborhood. They stand some distance from the door. With their hoods up and their faces cast in shadow, you can’t get a good read as to what they look like.

What are they doing? Where are their parents? You feel an unexplainable pang of impending dread, but you swallow it down, chastising yourself for being irrational.

“Can I help you?” Your question is directed at the older boy.

“Can we please come in and use your phone?” the boy says softly.

“Who do you need to call? Shouldn’t you be at home?” you ask. You’re not about to let strange people in your house at this time of night, no matter how young they are.

“No, we really need to come in. Our parents will be so mad if we don’t call them,” says the younger boy. The fear that you had choked back is now working it’s way up your spine. What is it about these kids that has you feeling such dread?

You tell the kids, “Why don’t you just give me the number and I’ll call.”

This doesn’t satisfy the children, who have now become increasingly insistent. They begin to demand to be allowed in. “We’re not dangerous.” they tell you. “You don’t have to be afraid of us, we won’t hurt you. Just let us come in and use your phone.”

At your wits end, you tell them to go away, and you shut and lock the door. As you turn your back, you hear knocking. In full panic mode, you decide you will NOT open your door. You gaze out your peephole.

Suddenly, the boys’ faces are right in front of the door. You recoil in horror as you see that both boys have eyes as black as pitch. Dark as coal. No whites.. no discernible pupil. Just fathomless darkness. Their words are muffled through the door, but their lips are easy to read. “Let Us In.”

Those who have encountered BEKs claim that the kids generally show up at their homes. A person will be sitting in their house, usually at night, when there is a knock at the door. Upon answering, the homeowner finds usually two children in casual clothes, just as any modern kid would appear. Another scenario is that these kids appear at your car window, needing a ride.

Now, kids is a little misleading. Most reports say that the two who usually appear are in their early teens… or at least pre-teens, with one slightly older than the other. The clothing description is very consistent. Jeans, Sneakers, T-shirts, Flannels and hoodies.

What never changes in these reports is that the BEKs want something very specific. An invitation. They want into your home, your apartment, your car. At first polite, they become quite insistent when you tell them no. They argue and bargain with you, and assure you that they mean you no harm. They just want in. Please.. let us in. And all of that would be terrifying enough if it wasn’t for those eyes. Those black and ominous eyes.

Supposedly the first BEK report came from Brian Bethel, a journalist in Texas.

The obvious first inclination is to relate these stories to the vampire mythos. BEKs clearly need to be invited into your home… they cannot come in unless you let them. And I don’t know of any cases of BEKs forcing their way in, so this must be a hard and fast rule with them. The same is said about vampires. Even in current vampire tales, such as HBO’s True Blood, vampires may NOT enter your property without being formally invited.

Others say that BEKs might be some kind of alien hybrid, clearly comparing the black eyes to the popular depiction of the Greys.

The most common theory I’ve heard is that these are demonically possessed kids, if not demons themselves. Their black eyes indicate their soulless nature, and their insistence upon being allowed into your home is symbolic of their desire to inhabit YOU. How’s that for creepy!

Of course, there are plenty who relegate the story of the BEKs to urban legend. Perhaps Mr. Bethel’s reported encounter was an isolated one, but it struck such a chord in so many people that the story grew into a mythology that gets repeated in varying forms via the internet.

So what do you think? Are the Black Eyed Children vampires, aliens, demons, or something else? Or are they merely an urban myth that persists because of its frightening connotations? Who knows. But just in case, don’t knock on my door after sundown. I won’t answer.
Attachments:
Black_Eyed_Kids_drawing.jpg

Posted by: Nidawi ()
Date: July 12, 2013 08:00AM

i moved into the duplex i live in about 5 years ago. when i first was looking at the place, the whole thing was empty. so i got to choose what side i wanted to live in.

well, about a month or so after i moved in, my landlord told me my smoke detector bateries would need changed soon. she said they were hard wired into the house, with a battery back up. i told her okay, i would get some for them. there are three. one on the top floor, one on the main floor, and one in the basement.

a couple days later, i was sitting at my kitchen table one night doing my bills, and all of the smoke detectors began going off. so i thought i would take out the batteries and put new ones in the next day. i still had to buy some. they took nine volts and i just didn't keep those on hand. i figured they didn't need the batteries, probably anyway. so after i took them all out i returned to the kitchen to the table to continue what i was doing. well, about 20 minutes later all the smoke detectors began going off again. so i thought perhaps they do need the batteries. so i went and unhooked them all from the walls and brought them back into the kitchen with me and placed them all on the top of the stove. they were now without batteries, unhooked from their second power source and laying there. i sat back down again to finish what i was doing. well, about 20 minutes later, those smoke detectors began going off again! i freaked! i grabbed all three of them up, wrapped them in a sweatshirt and put them out on the front porch and closed and locked the door.

well, a few weeks later i came home from work. i worked midnights and nobody else was home. i am a single mom of three and my children were 3, 4 and 8 months old then, and staying with someone else that night while i worked. i would get them after i slept. so, i came in the back door into the kitchen and turned on the light. and there sat a book of matches i had never seen before on my kitchen table. i thought it was odd. nobody else had a key to my house. nobody had been there.

a couple days later i was at work again, and i was telling the girls about the smoke detector, and about the matches. well, another girl had overheard me and asked me to repeat the story to her. so i did. she then asked me where i lived. i told her. she then told me how there had been a fire in my house a few years before and a mother and her little boy had died in it. i told her to shut up! she told me to go ask the officers that frequented the establishment. (i was a server on the midnight shift at a small cafe and we got a lot of the police officers in town who were on the midnight shift come in). well, sure enough they confirmed her story. then about 6 months after that my neighbor came over and was talking about that fire. he said the lady had two boys. and the younger one had gotten up while his mom and brother were still sleeping very early one morning. and he had been playing with matches and set the house on fire. his brother and mother both were killed. there were no smoke detectors in the house at that time to even warn them.

it really creeped me out for a while, i guess. the ghosts of them have never hurt us. although i do sometimes think the child pays tricks and hides things sometimes or gets into mischief! i can't tell you how many times i've set the remote control on the end table, went to get a beverage and come back to find it missing. or have had my car keys disappear! my little dog a couple weeks ago was siiting on this little table i made him by the window, right beside my computer, and my smoke detector chirped and he looked towards the living room door way and immediately jumped into my lap, shaking and just terrified of whatever he saw. i saw nothing. (the smoke detector did this a few times that day already, as well as the day before and he did not react like that!) i figure they're still around living with us! i cannot explain why else my dog would have reacted that way when he looked in that direction.

the only other thing i've had happen here is one day i left to go shopping, and when i returned and walked into my kitchen, i smelled my grandmother's perfume. and the scent was very strong, as if she was standing there!

Posted by: Black-Eyed Kids ()
Date: July 12, 2013 08:21AM

Love this thread! Scary and cool at the same time. Anyway, thought I would share this article on "Black-Eyed Kids".......

Black-Eyed Kids in North Dakota
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/10/black-eyed-kids-in-north-dakota/

A knock on Paul’s front door pulled him from work. He stood from the desk in his home office
in a small North Dakota town and walked downstairs.

He didn’t find what he expected on that April 2011 day.

“I found a young boy who appeared to be about 16 or 17 standing on my front porch,” Paul said.
The thin teenager wore almost threadbare corduroy pants and dress shirt that hung off his body;
black, unkempt hair hung lifelessly around his face.

“He asked me about a Chevy Tracker that I had sitting in front of my garage with a ‘For Sale’
sign on it,” Paul said. “He spoke very clearly and slowly in a rather monotone voice. It was
like he was trying to force his words to make a point to me. He never said anything threatening,
he only asked me to tell him about the vehicle.”

But there was something odd about the boy that set Paul on edge.
“I felt uneasy from the get-go, but proceeded to tell give him details about the Chevy,” Paul
said. Talking about the vehicle, Paul tried to figure out why the boy’s presence set his nerves
afire –he discovered why. “I noticed his eyes were jet black. They had no pupils or irises. I was
taken back immediately.”

At that moment, Paul saw the teen wasn’t alone.

“There was a second youth there with him, standing at the end of the walk that leads to my front
porch to the front of my garage,” Paul said. The girl stood 15 to 20 feet from him. “She looked
to be about the same age or maybe younger. She had blonde hair that also looked unkept, and was
wearing an old, faded dress.”

The girl didn’t speak, and she never took a step closer. She just stood at the end of the walk,
smiling.

“I couldn’t tell if her eyes were the same as the boy’s, but looking back, it wouldn’t have
surprised me if they were,” he said.

Paul just kept talking about the vehicle, on alert, and ready for any sudden movement from
either teen.

“After I finished telling the boy about the SUV, he asked me if I could take him for a ride in
it,” Paul said. “Again, I felt very uneasy and said that I was busy. The boy again asked if I could
just take him for a ride so he could see how it worked. Again, I declined.”

The boy kept asking for a ride, alone with Paul.

“During that time, I never once mentioned the price of the vehicle, and he never asked about it,”
Paul said. “He only continued to ask that I give him a ride in the Chevy so he could, ‘see how it
worked.’ Those were his exact words.”

After a few minutes of pleading, Paul said he had to leave.

“I told him that I was very busy and needed to go, and I then slammed the door shut and locked it,”
he said. “It wasn’t until I went into the kitchen to get myself a drink that I realized how scared
I was.”

Paul’s hands shook so badly he couldn’t open a can of soda. After a few minutes, he began to relax,
took a drink, and called his wife.

“I told her what had happened,” he said. “While I was on the phone, I looked outside to see if the
boy and his girlfriend were still there looking over the SUV, but they were gone.”

Paul eventually asked his neighbors if they had seen the teenagers, but none of them had, nor had
they seen them in the area before – and Paul hoped it stayed that way.
Attachments:
Dark_Lauren-Steffen-585x272.jpg

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.