HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234All
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Trummer's on Main
Date: August 11, 2009 05:52PM

Former Trummer's Employee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll clear up the confusion:
>
> Victoria - Part owner, manager
> Stefan - Part owner, manager
> Keith - Part owner, investor
> Tessa - Restaurant manager (has worked/lived in
> Hawaii all the way to Europe in various
> establishments, she is nice and competent at times
> but not always around when you need her)
> Tyler - sommelier, manager
>
> Victoria, Stefan, Tessa, and Tyler all float
> around on various nights and help where needed
> (opening locked storage rooms, talking to
> customers, clearing up confusion, comping meals
> when necessary, helping employees, etc.)
>
> When I worked there they were a tight-knit unit
> themselves, but have struggled in distilling their
> knowledge and skills down to lower-level
> employees, hence the restaurant's struggles in
> being efficient and consistent.

How long has this place been open? You are acting like the place has been open for years!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chapel Rd ()
Date: August 13, 2009 01:12PM

You never judge a restaurant in its first 6 months. Any person who regularly eats fine dining knows this. It is also the Trummer's first restaurant. It needs to find its personality and niche in the community. Even Peter Luger, Nobu, Daniel, and Per se struggled when first opening and now look at them (although Trummer's is not in the same league as those restaurants)

Date: August 14, 2009 06:45AM

Chapel Rd Wrote:
> You never judge a restaurant in its first 6
> months. Any person who regularly eats fine dining
> knows this. It is also the Trummer's first
> restaurant. It needs to find its personality and
> niche in the community. Even Peter Luger, Nobu,
> Daniel, and Per se struggled when first opening
> and now look at them (although Trummer's is not in
> the same league as those restaurants)

Trummer's is going to have to rely on repeat business to be successful. I don't know about you, but when I have a bad experience at a restaurant, I don't usually go back. Considering Trummer's location in rural Clifton, away from hotels, business clientele, etc, they don't have the luxury of six months to find their personality. Whatever problems they may have (and I am not speaking from personal experience but from what has been written by others on this forum), they need to fix quickly before the novelty of being new wears off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 06:46AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Posted by: Diner ()
Date: August 14, 2009 07:56AM

Go read the reviews on OpenTable.com to get a better sampling of what people who have actually been to the restaurant think. Of the 44 reviews listed there so far, 36 of them gave them either 4 or 5 stars. I think most people will give more weight to those reviews than to a bunch of blowhards on FFU who haven't even been to the restaurant.

Date: August 14, 2009 08:40AM

Diner Wrote:
> Go read the reviews on OpenTable.com to get a
> better sampling of what people who have actually
> been to the restaurant think. Of the 44 reviews
> listed there so far, 36 of them gave them either 4
> or 5 stars. I think most people will give more
> weight to those reviews than to a bunch of
> blowhards on FFU who haven't even been to the
> restaurant.

I imagine they would. That's why you should stop worrying about what people are saying here. It's highly doubtful any of the people who come here regularly are "Trummer's"-type diners, anyway.

As an FYI, Open Table reviewers also think Alto Plaza is fantastic. So take that into consideration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 08:45AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Posted by: Cville 100 ()
Date: August 14, 2009 09:19AM

I am amazed at the number of negative posts found here in relation to Trummer's. I had the chance to dine there earlier this week and left Trummers not only happy with my experience but planning to go back. The Chef knows what he is doing. Everything that my wife and I ordered was presented amazingly and tasted terrific. I have seen a number of posts related to the service, I can not disagree more. This is not Ruby tuesday's this is a fine dinning resteraunt. If you are going in there thinking your service staff is going to stop by your table and say How yall doing tonight and carry on a conversation with you you are not in the right resteraunt. I found the waitstaff to be very attentive to my needs and blend into the background when they were not needed, as they should in this type of establishment. As for the price, another complaint I hav seen, this is one of the most resonably priced meals for this type of restaurant. If you are complaining about the price, you must not be in the right restaurant. We will be going back.

Date: August 14, 2009 09:23AM

The main complaints I have seen about pricing are about the drinks, not the food.

Posted by: kevin ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:07PM

The food storage capacity at TOM does not support an extensive menu, this comming from one of the contractors. This is a dated ploy of pretanding to run a "focused" menu. What actually happens is you are told what you like, and are charged handsomely for that service. Do what you want with your money,but I need my entree to be the size of my palm, not the whole meal. Any more info would have to be purchased, industry spies are the wave of the future.

Posted by: Clifton-lib ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:50PM

How quaint it is to hear all the references to the "Trummers type" diners, and the "targeted demographics". To succeed they will need demographics the havent even thought of yet. You need numbers to keep you afloat, while you figure out your niche. Jeeeez! you people really have only scratched the surface of all that is involved here. Books have been written on the right and wrong ways to do this thing. The most important governing concept in play right now is actually psycology, and you better have one as a consultant. Again you have to cover bases you never even dreamed of.

Date: August 14, 2009 02:15PM

Clifton-lib Wrote:
> How quaint it is to hear all the references to the
> "Trummers type" diners, and the "targeted
> demographics". To succeed they will need
> demographics the havent even thought of yet. You
> need numbers to keep you afloat, while you figure
> out your niche. Jeeeez! you people really have
> only scratched the surface of all that is involved
> here. Books have been written on the right and
> wrong ways to do this thing. The most important
> governing concept in play right now is actually
> psycology, and you better have one as a
> consultant. Again you have to cover bases you
> never even dreamed of.

Psychology?

Books have been written about this kind of thing, and obviously you have never read one of them. Any business should have a "Business Plan." That "Business Plan" should identify the demographics of clientele, how many of those clientele live in the area, what it would take to attract those clientele and similar clientele from other communities and how to do all of it with a cost structure that makes sense.

Appealing to "psychology" by hyping yourself as "a bit of Manhattan in rural NoVA" won't cut it. Especially if it doesn't live up to peoples' expectations or, worse, if they don't know what to expect in the first place and have nothing to compare the experience to.

Posted by: Fairfaxfeme ()
Date: August 18, 2009 08:09AM

Date: August 18, 2009 08:39AM

"Why You Won't Go: Because from inside the Beltway, it can be a bear of a drive to get here after work."

But, of course, I don't know what I am talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 08:40AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Posted by: Fairfaxfeme ()
Date: August 18, 2009 10:26AM

The only slightly negative comment in the whole article and you have to point it out? I think it is good for inside the beltway-ers to know there is life on the outside and that doesn't mean they won't go on the weekends.

Seriously, why are you so against this place when you haven't even tried it?

Date: August 18, 2009 10:29AM

Fairfaxfeme Wrote:
> The only slightly negative comment in the whole
> article and you have to point it out? I think it
> is good for inside the beltway-ers to know there
> is life on the outside and that doesn't mean they
> won't go on the weekends.
>
> Seriously, why are you so against this place when
> you haven't even tried it?

I'm not against the place. I just don't understand the business model they are using and the comment reinforces what I have been saying.

Posted by: yadayada ()
Date: August 18, 2009 01:07PM

Washingtone-locian

Seriousley dude get a friggin life. Your point / reviews / opinion are a complete waste. When your crudentials are a internet board bashing faggot nobody is going to listen to anything you say. Instead of sitting on ffx underground and refreshing your page every ten minutes to quickly make a bash on any posotive review, why don't you get a fuckin life and get off your computer.

If your a guy go pay for some pussy maybee that'll help your pathetic internet based life.

If your a girl go purchase a vibrator and shove it up your ass.

Date: August 18, 2009 01:11PM

yadayada Wrote:
> Washingtone-locian
>
> Seriousley dude get a friggin life.

Got one. Thanks, though.

> Your point /
> reviews / opinion are a complete waste.

Then don't read them.

> When your
> crudentials are a internet board bashing faggot
> nobody is going to listen to anything you say.

Seems like lots of people read what I write, including you.

> Instead of sitting on ffx underground and
> refreshing your page every ten minutes to quickly
> make a bash on any posotive review, why don't you
> get a fuckin life and get off your computer.

I happen to work in a field that lets me do both! Good for me ; )

>
> If your a guy go pay for some pussy maybee that'll
> help your pathetic internet based life.
>

Got my pussy situation squared away.

> If your a girl go purchase a vibrator and shove it
> up your ass.

I'm not a girl.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:14AM

yadayada Wrote:
> Washingtone-locian
>
> Seriousley dude get a friggin life.

Check.

> reviews / opinion are a complete waste. When your
> crudentials are a internet board bashing faggot

Check.

> Instead of sitting on ffx underground and

Check.

> get a fuckin life and get off your computer.

Check.

> If your a guy go pay for some pussy maybee that'll
> help your pathetic internet based life.

Check.

> If your a girl go purchase a vibrator and shove it
> up your ass.

And, check.

Wow, seven cliche internet insults. Someone's been doing their homework.

A+!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: You deserve a break today! ()
Date: August 19, 2009 02:54PM

Speaking of good food, What's the deal with the McRib? I love that sandwich but have not seen it for years.

Date: August 19, 2009 02:58PM

You deserve a break today! Wrote:
> Speaking of good food, What's the deal with the
> McRib? I love that sandwich but have not seen it
> for years.

A McRib and a $20 glass of champagne. Now THERE'S a combo.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 19, 2009 02:59PM

You deserve a break today! Wrote:
> Speaking of good food, What's the deal with the
> McRib? I love that sandwich but have not seen it
> for years.

7-11 sells something comparable, but I'm afraid it pales in comparison to the true McRib.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: McRibbler ()
Date: August 19, 2009 03:04PM

http://www.kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php

Gaithersburg and Baltimore. Not TOO far if you are experiencing an insatiable craving.

Posted by: What ExStaff ()
Date: August 19, 2009 05:53PM

Well, when it comes to the update on the management staff and owners list, I can say this much...
The management staff WAS a tight knit group.
The owners have a tight grip on what information gets filtered to the staff. Thus, the staff might feel like the team isn't communicating.
Oh, and by the way, I heard that Tessa, the manager was managing alot more than the staff realized. She is no longer working there due to family conflicts.
She is a competent and experienced manager and business owner.
The restaurant will do just fine, and hopefully move forward with a steady team! Good luck!

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: August 28, 2009 11:21AM

Hmm. My wife and I tried Bazin's last Friday night when our daughter was with the grandparents. Nice food, although they really pack them in (and it was packed when I went @ 8:30pm.) I wouldn't recommend it as an early date place, both due to cost and lack of intimacy.

I will convince her to try Trummer's ... I am a food kind of sewer, so if I *dis*like the place, that's a bad thing, but if I like the place, it's not necessarily good.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 30, 2009 03:55AM

god damnit i miss the mcrib...

Date: August 30, 2009 07:59PM

I went to Clifton this afternoon. Had a 2 y/o daughter in tow, so no Trummer's (that and it was 3pm). But we all enjoyed the Clifton Cafe.

Posted by: its on ()
Date: August 31, 2009 11:24AM

As reported in the Washington Post's Weekend section, Clifton has a new "Happening" place to get your food and drink on. It's The Main Street Pub and the Post gave it a very favorable review. "The Reuben is among the best I've tasted." With its Southern hospitality, delicious food, local beer and wine selection, the Main Street Pub appears to be the "it" place for the locals to dine. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. A plus in this economy.

A shot has been fired above Trummer's on Main's bow and I do beleive it has the Trummer Clan quivering in their (designer) boots. I just hope we can solve the burning question of the day. Who is the best Chef in Clifton? Maybe on Clifton Day we can have a cook-off pitting Chef Tom McNamara (Southern Charm) against Chef Clay Miller (New York City Flair). Both men are obviously quite talented, but I think with Chef McNamara's years of extensive experience he could probably teach that young whipper-snapper a thing or two.

In the mean time I will be enjoying a Reuben or two, while sipping an ice cold Starr Hill.

Posted by: food ()
Date: September 01, 2009 04:38PM

As reported in the Washington Post's Weekend section, Clifton has a new "Happening" place to get your food and drink on. It's The Main Street Pub and the Post gave it a very favorable review. "The Reuben is among the best I've tasted." With its Southern hospitality, delicious food, local beer and wine selection, the Main Street Pub appears to be the "it" place for the locals to dine. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. A plus in this economy.

A shot has been fired above Trummer's on Main's bow and I do beleive it has the Trummer Clan quivering in their (designer) boots. I just hope we can solve the burning question of the day. Who is the best Chef in Clifton? Maybe on Clifton Day we can have a cook-off pitting Chef Tom McNamara (Southern Charm) against Chef Clay Miller (New York City Flair). Both men are obviously quite talented, but I think with Chef McNamara's years of extensive experience he could probably teach that young whipper-snapper a thing or two.

In the mean time I will be enjoying a Reuben or two, while sipping an ice cold Starr Hill.

^ your a loser. know it. you are

Date: September 01, 2009 04:49PM

WTF is the "Main Street Pub?" It looks like a room in the back of the grocery store. Comparing it to Trummer's is like comparing apples to pomegranates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: September 01, 2009 06:48PM

The owners of the general store did some renovations to make their deli a little more upscale. They installed a bar in the back of the store, removed shelves to make room for a few tables, and added shading, heaters, etc. to make the outside seating area more comfortable. The menu got an upgrade as well, going from griddle type sandwiches and breakfast tacos to pub food. They've got hamburgers, onion rings, quesadillas, etc. The inside gets pretty warm so if you can't manage to get a seat outside it can be uncomfortable. It isn't anything close to the same league as Trummer's but it is what it is.

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> WTF is the "Main Street Pub?" It looks like a room
> in the back of the grocery store. Comparing it to
> Trummer's is like comparing apples to
> pomegranates.

Posted by: Omar ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:47PM

Quality of the food is better at the Main Street Pub. Staff is nicer and more professional. Just think what they could do if they had the space at Trummer's?

Trummer's gets four stars for being pretentious and four stars for trying to sell itself as a closer in ILW. Maybe one day they will really serve local produce, poultry and meat along with local wines. But not under the current ownership.

If they looked hard enough the could find poultry, lamb, pork and beef that rivals any in the US in taste. VA has some of the best lamb in the Americas and it is superior to anything from NZ or Australia.

Omar

Date: September 02, 2009 12:53PM

So don't go there, asswipe. You obviously just have some sort of axe to grind and your opinion is worthless.

Omar Wrote:
> Quality of the food is better at the Main Street
> Pub. Staff is nicer and more professional. Just
> think what they could do if they had the space at
> Trummer's?
>
> Trummer's gets four stars for being pretentious
> and four stars for trying to sell itself as a
> closer in ILW. Maybe one day they will really
> serve local produce, poultry and meat along with
> local wines. But not under the current ownership.
>
> If they looked hard enough the could find poultry,
> lamb, pork and beef that rivals any in the US in
> taste. VA has some of the best lamb in the
> Americas and it is superior to anything from NZ or
> Australia.
>
> Omar

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 03, 2009 10:02AM

I may not agree with the way diner expressed his opinion on Omar, but I agree with the sentiment. Why so jaded?

Posted by: Omar ()
Date: September 04, 2009 06:18PM

Diner,

Hey punk see you at the Clifton Car show. Man up and say Hi you can't miss me little girl!

And be sure you bring some Depends so you can change.

Trummer's sucks. They advertised and sold themselves as a closer in ILW and in reality they are just a pretentious little play toy for Daddy's girl.

And Diner maybe your mommy will buy you an ice cream at Peterson's to make you feel better.

Have a great day hoss

Omar

Posted by: Anon ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:55PM

Omar Wrote:
> Quality of the food is better at the Main Street
> Pub.

Troll? Or just stupid?

Date: September 16, 2009 06:29PM

Probably a little of both.

Anon Wrote:
> Omar Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Quality of the food is better at the Main
> Street
> > Pub.
>
>
> Troll? Or just stupid?

Posted by: OldMcDonald ()
Date: September 19, 2009 09:40AM

There's a review of Trummer's in the Washington Post magazine tomorrow.

Date: September 19, 2009 10:00AM

Posted by: IT'S ON! ()
Date: September 22, 2009 10:32AM

Well, what more can I say than IT'S ON! The rivalry heats up. After The Main Street Pub received an outstanding review from the Post, Trummer's on Main didn't fair to bad itself, albeit a less enthusiastic review, receiving a 2.5 stars out of 4. Trummer's obviously has a more sophisticated menu, whereas the Main Street Pub is focused on perfecting the basics. The Pub appears to beat Trummer's hands-down when it comes to customer service.
For the time being, the Main Street Pub is the IN place for real Cliftonians. However, Trummer's on Main is working hard to change this. Both restaurants have certain advantages over one another. To perfect their crafts both should emulate one another's strong points. Perhaps this was done very early when Trummer's on MAIN may have borrowed the Main Street concept from the Pub and incorporated it into its own name, "ON MAIN". The Pub could borrow a few menu ideas to keep things fresh, and Trummer's could copy some of the Pub's management techniques to keep things moving smoother. This would be mutually beneficial, perhaps improving some weak areas. What we have is two good restaurants battling it out for supremecy. May the best restaurant win.

Date: September 22, 2009 10:43AM

I don't like real Cliftonites, so I will avoid the Main Street Pub. Thank you very much for the warning.

Date: September 22, 2009 11:33AM

IT'S ON! Wrote:
> Well, what more can I say than IT'S ON!

Oh, It's ON!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 24, 2009 04:10PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> I don't like real Cliftonites, so I will avoid the
> Main Street Pub. Thank you very much for the
> warning.

I completely agree with your opinion regarding Cliftonites. (Who do they think they are!). But what I actually stated was that real Cliftonians (big difference between the two) frequent the Main St. Pub. Cliftonites will more likely be found over at Trummer's on Main. You are welcome for the warning.

Date: September 24, 2009 09:43PM

I don't know what the difference is and honestly don't really care. It sounds like the inhabitants of historical (downtown) Clifton prefer the Main St Pub. That means I want nothing to do with the Main St Pub.

Posted by: CliftonResident ()
Date: September 25, 2009 07:07AM

I'm curious, Genevieve, what's your issue with residents of historical Clifton?

Genevieve Wrote:
> I don't know what the difference is and honestly
> don't really care. It sounds like the inhabitants
> of historical (downtown) Clifton prefer the Main
> St Pub. That means I want nothing to do with the
> Main St Pub.

Date: September 25, 2009 10:52AM

Genevieve Wrote:
> I don't know what the difference is and honestly
> don't really care. It sounds like the inhabitants
> of historical (downtown) Clifton prefer the Main
> St Pub. That means I want nothing to do with the
> Main St Pub.

Don't play dumb! You know exactly what the difference is. I specifically used the word Cliftonian and you used the derogatory term Cliftonite which refers to a specific and undesirable portion of the town's population. Most of us Cliftonians are decent, down to earth, and hardworking people. That's why I am sick and tired of people, like you, that lump us into one category "Cliftonites".
Let me give you just an example of a real Cliftonian. One neighbor has spent countless hours researching and documenting the towns history. This resulted in two books one on Ivakota Farms (for the rehabilitation of troubled young women) and the other a pictorial of old Clifton's past. This illustrates that we take great pride in our in our town, are proud of our Cliftonian heritage and if that offends you, TOUGH!

Date: September 25, 2009 12:02PM

CliftonResident Wrote:
> I'm curious, Genevieve, what's your issue with
> residents of historical Clifton?
>

Because as ITS ON was so happy to show, they have a misguided superiority complex.

Posted by: Mr. Tootsy ()
Date: September 25, 2009 05:22PM

Everyone should relax and realize that cliftonians and cliftonites are all alike. Clifton is just a speck on the testicles of Fairfax County. Once a few of the old timers sell out and a large home builder consolidates their land, that place will look every other square inch of Fairfax County. Lots of McMansions, traffic and heroin using high schoolers. It is a matter of time...

Date: October 06, 2009 11:01AM

It won't look like the rest of FFX unless the county relaxes the zoning requirements for the Occuquan watershed, which isn't terribly likely.

Posted by: Great Food ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:09PM

Hey Folks, I just wanted to inform everyone about an UNBELIEVABLE Value at TRUMMER'S ON MAIN, "Northern Virginia's version of The Inn At Little Washington". They are offering a rush hour special from 4:30 until 6, a three course succulent meal, for the incredible low price of $38.

Date: July 26, 2010 09:00PM

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2010 02:02PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Posted by: Lisa Jeter ()
Date: October 25, 2010 04:13AM

Sad to see the Hermitage disappear and even more surprised that the town of Clifton allowed this historic site to be destroyed. I do hope the new restaurant is successful. Don't think I will take the time to drive to Clifton for dinner. REgardless of the price. It is not too difficult to spend 150-200 on a dinner for two. Good Luck and I think the town made a huge mistake.

Posted by: What ever happened? ()
Date: March 01, 2011 09:38AM

Omar Wrote:
> Diner,
>
> Hey punk see you at the Clifton Car show. Man up
> and say Hi you can't miss me little girl!
>
> And be sure you bring some Depends so you can
> change.
>
> Trummer's sucks. They advertised and sold
> themselves as a closer in ILW and in reality they
> are just a pretentious little play toy for Daddy's
> girl.
>
> And Diner maybe your mommy will buy you an ice
> cream at Peterson's to make you feel better.
>
> Have a great day hoss
>
> Omar

Hey Omar,

Tell me, did you give Diner a good throttling at the car show? Or was that cowardly maggot too scared to show up for the brawl? One thing is for sure, soon after you challenged him to meet face to face, he stopped posting his obnoxious condescending post. A job well done!

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 19, 2012 11:48PM

Trummer's nominated as having one of the worst restaurant websites in the DC area.

http://www.tbd.com/pictures/2012/01/the-worst-restaurant-websites-in-washington-d-c-/trummers-on-main-14699-1032.html

Date: January 20, 2012 09:03AM

eesh Wrote:
> Trummer's nominated as having one of the worst
> restaurant websites in the DC area.
>
>
>
>
> http://www.tbd.com/pictures/2012/01/the-worst-rest
> aurant-websites-in-washington-d-c-/trummers-on-mai
> n-14699-1032.html

I really don't get why so many restaurants use the same shitty web designs. I guess because they look at other restaurant sites when they are having theirs developed, but seriously, PDF menus? Music? And Flash...in the age of iPads and iPhones.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: January 20, 2012 12:33PM

So many websites slammed its as though they were just trying to offend everyone.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 20, 2012 12:37PM

> I really don't get why so many restaurants use the
> same shitty web designs. I guess because they look
> at other restaurant sites when they are having
> theirs developed, but seriously, PDF menus? Music?
> And Flash...in the age of iPads and iPhones.

All yours has to be is the least shitty. Or at least less shitty than your competition's.

Date: January 20, 2012 01:01PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> -----
>
> > I really don't get why so many restaurants use
> the
> > same shitty web designs. I guess because they
> look
> > at other restaurant sites when they are having
> > theirs developed, but seriously, PDF menus?
> Music?
> > And Flash...in the age of iPads and iPhones.
>
>
> All yours has to be is the least shitty. Or at
> least less shitty than your competition's.

Their competition is the defunct Weston's. They probably don't need a website at all.

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: January 20, 2012 01:39PM

> Warhawk Wrote:
> -----
> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > I really don't get why so many restaurants
> use
> > the
> > > same shitty web designs. I guess because they
> > look
> > > at other restaurant sites when they are
> having
> > > theirs developed, but seriously, PDF menus?
> > Music?
> > > And Flash...in the age of iPads and iPhones.
> >
> >
> > All yours has to be is the least shitty. Or at
> > least less shitty than your competition's.
>
>
> Their competition is the defunct Weston's. They
> probably don't need a website at all.

Weston's website will list the odds of all Charlestown Races! It's a real class act!

Date: January 20, 2012 02:31PM

Fred Wrote:

>
>
> Weston's website will list the odds of all
> Charlestown Races! It's a real class act!

Weston's...we're classy, folks!

OTB%20machineDONE.jpggreen-beans-canned.jpg51001C-2T.jpg

Date: July 15, 2012 03:29PM

Several years later... I have finally been to Trummer's on Main. I was thoroughly impressed. The Irish Oatmeal Brulee was amazing, as was the shrimp and grits. The Titanic was perfect for what it is meant to be (a bit too sweet for my taste) and the Bloody Mary was among the best I've had (thankfully not too salty). The service was friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. Even the coffee was really tasty. We got a little tour of the wine cellar and the bar has a great selection of scotch, ryes, etc. The atmosphere is modern but elegant - not dark and slightly claustrophobic like the Hermitage was.

I did not find the portions to be too small. I finished my first plate and main course and was stuffed... no room for dessert. Honestly, I was really happy that they had reasonable sized portions... it meant I actually could have both courses.

As for price, we paid about $120 for brunch for two (including tax/tip). This included 3 alcoholic drinks, 2 espressos, 2 coffees, 2 first plates, and 2 main courses. Yes, that is more than we'd normally pay for brunch. But I can honestly say it was worthwhile. We will be back...

Posted by: not sure about it ()
Date: July 15, 2012 03:36PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> Several years later... I have finally been to
> Trummer's on Main.

Was that José guy in there? The one who goes around to the tables dancing and playing instruments. Last time we were there he was trying to sell us extra items and was pouring drink with the top of his head. Obnoxious service IMO.

Date: July 15, 2012 03:42PM

not sure about it Wrote:
>
> Was that José guy in there? The one who goes
> around to the tables dancing and playing
> instruments. Last time we were there he was
> trying to sell us extra items and was pouring
> drink with the top of his head. Obnoxious service
> IMO.

Ummm are we talking about the same place? Or are you just trolling? Because that is not at all congruent with what I saw today.

Posted by: Trummer's ()
Date: July 15, 2012 03:50PM

I drove by last night and it looked packed. They seem to do well.

Date: July 16, 2012 09:09AM

I wasn't super impressed with them the first time out, but maybe I'll give them another try.

Posted by: Yates Ford Road ()
Date: July 16, 2012 09:40AM

> I wasn't super impressed with them the first time
> out, but maybe I'll give them another try.

You caat least admit to being dead wrong on just about every prediction you have had about this place.

Date: July 16, 2012 10:29AM

Yates Ford Road Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> -----
> > I wasn't super impressed with them the first
> time
> > out, but maybe I'll give them another try.
>
>
> You caat least admit to being dead wrong on just
> about every prediction you have had about this
> place.

O'Meara's pub lasted five years and was still a failure in the end. Three years is not much time to determine a success or failure in the restaurant biz.

When I went a while back, it was really unexceptional for the price. But if it has vastly improved, maybe they will succeed in the end. As I said, I may give them another try.

Posted by: yeah ()
Date: July 16, 2012 12:00PM

It's just a plaything for daddy's little girl. It will last as long as daddy has the scratch, which may be a long, long time.

Now, when daddy's little girl catches Stefan puttin' the wood to another chick, all bets are off.

Posted by: Wayne Rash ()
Date: January 22, 2020 04:52PM

Well, Wayne has discovered it. Just to set the record straight, I'm a professional journalist, I don't write advertising copy. I don't work (and never have worked) for Trummers. I work for eWEEK and Forbes among other publications. Because of my job, I get attacked frequently by people who make their accusations without bothering to find out what they're talking about, which is the case here. Whats disappointing is that instead of making such claims, all someone needs to do is call or email me. I'm not hard to find. - Wayne Rash

Posted by: Wayne Rash ()
Date: January 22, 2020 05:02PM

The reason I didn't come on here, @WashingTone, is that I have little time to waste reading uninformed drivel.

Posted by: Retired TOM Worker ()
Date: January 25, 2020 09:40PM

Wayne Rash Wrote:
> Well, Wayne has discovered it. Just to set the
> record straight, I'm a professional journalist, I
> don't write advertising copy. I don't work (and
> never have worked) for Trummers. I work for eWEEK
> and Forbes among other publications. Because of my
> job, I get attacked frequently by people who make
> their accusations without bothering to find out
> what they're talking about, which is the case
> here. Whats disappointing is that instead of
> making such claims, all someone needs to do is
> call or email me. I'm not hard to find. - Wayne
> Rash
Attachments:
A36B5F37-6638-4459-B3F9-2A9FC2408127.jpeg
5BD84763-3EF8-4C6A-9ADF-D72BA4C9999F.jpeg

Posted by: Red Headed Onion ()
Date: January 25, 2020 10:32PM

Come see us over on the bowels thread. It also refuses to die.

Posted by: weince joseph ()
Date: November 01, 2022 08:58AM

Pages: Previous1234All
Current Page: 4 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.