HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 25 of 27
Re: Highschool Football 2013
Posted by: what what whatz ()
Date: December 10, 2013 10:56AM

I love you, you love me, let's go kissing in a mulberry tree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatz what what ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:00AM

I love me, you love you, let's just touch ourselves and never ever scrue.

Posted by: hey butthead ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:05AM

This is a high school football site

Posted by: CV Fan ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:24AM

OS/CF game was a mud game. CF coach was not expecting those conditions. See quote from CF Coach after state semi game......

-----"Colonial Forge coach Bill Brown was upset about the outcome but also the field conditions.

"I didn't know the field was going to be wet," Brown said. "I was told there was going to be a tarp over it or we were going to move it to a turf field.... I'm very unhappy about that because we were told something very different."

But even he admitted the Tigers were unstoppable on this day.

"They didn't make it rain but they sure had a good game plan," he said. "They are a good football team."------

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/12/football-oscar-smith-reaches-state-title-game

Still OS ran for over 200 yards on the same field.

Posted by: Viking ()
Date: December 10, 2013 12:11PM

Nova Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just hope #2 passes his concussion test!

Viking - Good analysis. I have been worried about CV's secondary most of the year but no team have been able to take advantage enough to win. Westfield should have during the 2nd half without Tutt. Not concerned about CV speed but size is an issue.

Expecting a good game this Saturday at UVA.

Question - is the field at UVA turf or grass? If grass, with rain in the forecast and the 5A game prior to CV/OS game, field conditions may not be ideal.

NOVA
-----------------------------

NOVA,
I’m less concerned about size than basic coverage. Most college and pro DBs are smaller, often much smaller than the receivers they cover. The key is coverage instincts, and I don’t think many of the C’Ville DBs have those instincts. They don’t anticipate well, and tend to go with the fake or are so loose on the coverage, they give up the short pass, and sometimes are too far off to make a good tackle. Most of them, but not all, have the speed. They just don’t read the QB and the situation and judge the type of route the receiver will have to or may run. Several look more like LBs than DBs. They also tend to misjudge the ball, so that even when they do cover well, they don’t block the pass from the receiver.

The secondary has given up a lot of passes to average QBs and receivers. The Oscar Smith game will feature receivers who can turn what would be a 5-9 yard gain by an average receiver into a 20+ gain or a TD. If I were C’Ville, I’d prefer to have faced Lake Braddock as a test before going against OS. That would have helped determined who to put on what type of coverage. Probably would have shaken out the system to ID how to defend against OS.

When I composed my earlier note I wasn’t paying attention to the changing forecast. I thought it was still going to clear out later in the week. Regarding the field, I’d expect UVA will have kept the field covered, so not sure it will be the mud field OS trapped Colonial Forge with, but it won’t be the pristine stuff C’Ville is used to with their turf field. Not sure who the field will favor, since C’Ville really hasn’t played on a bad field and OS probably prefers a good field for it’s passing attack.

Advantage Cville,

Per the above, good receivers can use a poor field to their advantage, so I think the field may be a wash. Generally I’d agree that a muddy field favors a ground attack, however, C’Ville doesn’t have any really muddy field experience of late.

Concur about OS D-Line. They will be the best C’Ville has faced, however, I don’t believe OS has faced an O-line and RBs like C’Ville’s. Plus Walter adds a significant dimension. He is tough to bring down, mobile, fast and accurate (generally) with his throws. Facing 3-4 excellent running options each down will be challenging for OS, however, I think they will focus their efforts on the run, and that could be a problem, if C’Ville doesn’t open up the passing game. Per my note, they need to pass to open up the run. If the OS secondary can focus on the run and just cover Tutt, then C’Ville will have to come up with multiple good, long drives. They can do that, but a couple missed third downs, and you are potentially down 2-3 TDs. And then you have to pass to make it up. They did it before against South County, but once the OS secondary focuses on the pass, they are pretty good.

SECEAST,

Concur that pressure will help, but C'Ville will have to use at least one LB to mirror the QB, given his outstanding running abilities. That puts the onus back on the secondary for coverage, which is, to me, their major weakness.

I think C’Ville probably has the best LBs in the state, so I think they will do well against OS. The D-Line is very good, but the OS O-Line is outstanding, and very well disciplined. While McClease did a very good job against Colonial Forge, I don’t think that will work as well against C’Ville, which generally is very good against the run (the South County game being a significant exception).

Special teams, I think, goes to C’Ville, however, kickoffs remain a little to exciting. Coverage is only adequate. Typical focus on converging on the runner and not enough discipline to stay in their lanes as they converge. The pooch kick is good against an average 2nd and 3rd line, but against OS, it could be a problem, given they tend to put Div 1 level receivers in those lines. They are capable of running it back. Coverage has to be tight. The good thing is that OS is very inexperienced at returning kick-offs. Unfortunately that’s because they usually only have one kick-off return per game.

OS does put a lot of pressure on the punter, and that is something C’Ville hasn’t seen, so that could get interesting. I’ve watched C’Ville’s punt blocking and it is ‘unique,’ to say the least. More like punt obstruction than blocking. Not sure that will work with the type of up the gut pressure OS brings.

Date: December 10, 2013 12:35PM

CV Fan Wrote:
> OS/CF game was a mud game. CF coach was not
> expecting those conditions. See quote from CF
> Coach after state semi game......
>
> -----"Colonial Forge coach Bill Brown was upset
> about the outcome but also the field conditions.
>
> "I didn't know the field was going to be wet,"
> Brown said. "I was told there was going to be a
> tarp over it or we were going to move it to a turf
> field.... I'm very unhappy about that because we
> were told something very different."
>
> But even he admitted the Tigers were unstoppable
> on this day.
>
> "They didn't make it rain but they sure had a good
> game plan," he said. "They are a good football
> team."------
>
> http://hamptonroads.com/2013/12/football-oscar-smi
> th-reaches-state-title-game
>
> Still OS ran for over 200 yards on the same field.

-----------------------------

CV Fan,

I saw the article and believe that it was underhanded by OS to misinform Colonial Forge about the field. Pretty low. It’s one thing to trick a team on the field, but it’s something entirely different if you trick them about the field. Unfortunately that is what I tend to expect from the beach, which is why I am a NOVA football fan.

This came from a beach newspaper, so I think their interpretation of the Colonial Forge coach’s comments tended to make the best of the situation. From what I saw, this was OS’ worst game. They did look stoppable. Actually they looked very beatable - in this game. However, looking over their season, this appears to be an aberration. Somewhat like the South County game was for C’Ville.

SECEAST,

Forgot to concur with you that this OS team is probably not as strong as the 2011 team.

Posted by: I detest the 757 ()
Date: December 10, 2013 01:53PM

I HATE 757 FANS. I HOPE OSCAR SMITH LOSES JUST TO SHUT THEM UP FOR A WEEK OR TWO. I HOPE CENTREVILLE KICKS SOME ASS!

Posted by: Fannage ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:00PM

I agree about the 757, bunch of assholes.

Posted by: Fannage ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:01PM

and by the way the 757 teams like Oscar Smith and Ocean Lakes cheat with very lax transfer rules. Just look at their best player, he should be playing at another school down there.

Posted by: EasternVaFan ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:20PM

Viking Wrote:
> CV Fan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OS/CF game was a mud game. CF coach was not
> > expecting those conditions. See quote from CF
> > Coach after state semi game......
> >
> > -----"Colonial Forge coach Bill Brown was upset
> > about the outcome but also the field
> conditions.
> >
> > "I didn't know the field was going to be wet,"
> > Brown said. "I was told there was going to be a
> > tarp over it or we were going to move it to a
> turf
> > field.... I'm very unhappy about that because
> we
> > were told something very different."
> >
> > But even he admitted the Tigers were
> unstoppable
> > on this day.
> >
> > "They didn't make it rain but they sure had a
> good
> > game plan," he said. "They are a good football
> > team."------
> >
> >
> http://hamptonroads.com/2013/12/football-oscar-smi
>
> > th-reaches-state-title-game
> >
> > Still OS ran for over 200 yards on the same
> field.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> CV Fan,
>
> I saw the article and believe that it was
> underhanded by OS to misinform Colonial Forge
> about the field. Pretty low. It’s one thing to
> trick a team on the field, but it’s something
> entirely different if you trick them about the
> field. Unfortunately that is what I tend to
> expect from the beach, which is why I am a NOVA
> football fan.
>
> This came from a beach newspaper, so I think their
> interpretation of the Colonial Forge coach’s
> comments tended to make the best of the situation.
> From what I saw, this was OS’ worst game. They
> did look stoppable. Actually they looked very
> beatable - in this game. However, looking over
> their season, this appears to be an aberration.
> Somewhat like the South County game was for
> C’Ville.
>
> SECEAST,
>
> Forgot to concur with you that this OS team is
> probably not as strong as the 2011 team.
------------
You are SO right.
This O Smith team is not nearly as good as its 2011 team.
The DL is strong but virtually everywhere else it's weaker.
I don't see its QB having a great game at UVA, not at all.

Posted by: ya man 23 ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:20PM

I agree, beach fans are bunch of pussies and cheaters

Posted by: cheat and the Lord shall collect ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:23PM

Payment will be coming due the Lord hath say for all previous transgressions by the Beach teams, Oscar Smith being the worst among them.

Posted by: Beach teams ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:41PM

I knew they had been cheating all these years, thanks for the confirmation.

Posted by: Scrue da Beach ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:55PM

Hope CVille beats Oscar Smith in a big way.

Posted by: cheaters are bad ()
Date: December 10, 2013 03:21PM

I agree. For Ocean Lakes the cheating came around to bite them, will do the same for Oscar Smith. The lord is indeed all knowing.

Posted by: OneSBFan ()
Date: December 10, 2013 03:32PM

Glad to see we're accusing yet another team of cheating w/o backing up our claims:

1. For 10 years, SB was "cheating" and also was "too scared" to play in Concorde. Then the facts got in the way: NO illegals, 2-1 record vs. W'field, etc.

2. Then in 2011, a good CV team loses to OSmith. People claim Smith is "cheating" but then the facts got in the way again. No wrongdoing.

3. Then Henderson transfers from WestPo. Look at old posts on here claiming LB cheated. They were all wrong.

Now, a beach team is "cheating" again. Coming from a program that has heard these rumors for 10+ years, I'm still waiting for the backup. So is VHSL. If the cheating is so rampant, then back it up; it's that simple. Report the cheaters.

If you can't put up, then show some respect for your opponent. We played beach teams most years during our run and our fans talked smack just like theirs.

Posted by: nat4lee ()
Date: December 10, 2013 03:39PM

By all means, please give detailed examples of this so-called "cheating" so that I can report this to the state governing body, otherwise just stick to the games at hand and keep the foolish ignorance to yourself.

Posted by: Coach Fairfax ()
Date: December 10, 2013 03:51PM

Viking Wrote:
> Sorry. Been away for a while. Looked at a lot of
> Centreville and Oscar Smith games. To me, this
> comes down to Centreville’s pass defense.
>
> The Colonial Forge game was a mudder. Not the
> type of game plan Smith will likely use on the UVA
> field. They’ve seen Centreville’s weak
> secondary and probably know it’s their
> vulnerability. I’d expect them to go 5 wide and
> Spread most of the time, with the occasional
> I-formation for select downs, with both run and
> pass as options in the I. I’d expect quick
> shots to eventually open something deep. From
> what I’ve seen of most of C’Ville’s
> secondary, they will not be able to cover man, and
> don’t do zone particularly well. Washington-Lee
> was able to pass on them, almost at will. (W-L
> just didn’t know how to score.) Oscar Smith is
> no Washington-Lee. They have several Division 1
> level receivers, in Zack Jones, Jaylen Bradshaw,
> and Melvin Vaughn.
>
> I’ve looked hard at C'Ville's secondary, and
> they, like most DBs today, pride themselves on
> tackles after the catch. Newsflash folks, tackles
> after the catch mean you just gave up 10-20 yards
> for a quality team. That means points in bunches.
> Congratulations on a tackle after you just gave
> up 20 yards and a first down seems pretty
> ridiculous, but it’s the in thing to do.
> (Although self-congratulations at all levels for
> what is a failure is common at all levels now.)
>
> Shon Mitchell, the OS QB, is not the run of the
> mill NOVA QB. He has the athleticism of Stroman
> at Stonewall, but is very good passer. He can
> move, which will keep C’Ville’s LBs close to
> the line of scrimmage, and will help open the
> passing. And he is accurate. He doesn’t just
> lob the ball and hope for the best. He can drill
> it. He’s not a Div 1 QB (yet), but he is a
> better passer than anything C’Ville has faced.
> (Except possibly Appel at Washington-Lee, only in
> terms of passing.)
>
> Smith’s screens in particular will be difficult
> for C’Ville to cope with. OS is disciplined and
> leaves very little to chance.
>
> Unless the C’Ville secondary figures out how to
> cover in a hurry, or the C’Ville coaches rent
> some players who can cover tight and bottle up
> these receivers, this will be a long game for
> C’Ville. Frankly, and reluctantly, I don’t
> know that Haddock and crew can figure out this
> style of play, so I have to go with Oscar Smith,
> probably in a runaway. C’Ville might keep it
> close, but only if they match scores. Which will
> be difficult, as OS’ defense is very good.
>
> Lastly, C’Ville’s passing game is pretty
> predictable. Tutt long, Tutt hitch, swing Turner
> out, put Turner as a slot for a wheel route, throw
> to the TE after a play action block. Frankly
> Haddock needs to open up the passing game early.
> If not, he will be opening it up late, when they
> are behind, possibly by a lot. And if Tutt goes
> down again, what next? OS will just smother
> Turner with coverage and C’Ville becomes very
> one dimensional. If the C’Ville coaches don’t
> loosen up, they may end up getting stuffed, like
> with South County early. But unlike the South
> County game, a comeback from a major deficit will
> be highly unlikely.
>
> Sorry, just the way I am seeing it pan out. I
> hope I’m wrong.

Not that I disagree to much with your analysis, but you are listing players who have already moved on. Vaughn and Jones are gone, Bradshaw is a senior. Centreville with athletes like Turner, Tutt, Heiner, Behne, Jennings, Boose (that's right), Ridenour, even, dare I say it Walter, should be able to play decent coverage and allow Wiggins, Wright, Brooks, Love, Brooks, Samuel to attack the Smith QB Mitchell (who I gotta say is not even close to as athletic as Stroman) It will be a chess match as to when to all out blitz and when to send certain players. If you all out blitz Smith, they will screen (from both Running Back and Wide Out) just behind you and let their athletes make plays in a broken field.

Centreville needs to control the ball and pass on non traditional passing downs to allow our guys room to operate. Walter is very accurate and can hurt Smith if allowed to pass when Smith cannot double cover Tutt, Turner and Heiner. They need to hit TE Liddle in the seam to back off the LB's and hit Boose out of the backfield. All this is of course is predicated on Walter being protected by his OL. If the OL can pass protect they will find the run blocking that much easier, as Smith cannot pin their ears back and come after Walter on 3rd and long.

I see a very good game Saturday where if Centreville executes their offense and keeps Smith in front of them on D, every opportunity to win.

Posted by: concorde longtime ()
Date: December 10, 2013 04:03PM

Do we have spreads yet for the 5A/6A games? I'd love to see them.

I can't comment on the lax transfer rules with the Beach schools. But I can say this: those schools get zero respect academically from college football programs. The son of a family friend is being recruited by Div I FCS schools for football (he is a Concorde kid), and it is clear that the college recruiters respect the NOVA schools immensely - for preparing coachable players that will be able to succeed athletically (and academically) at the next level. At the end of the day, that is what matters - given how few players ever make it to the NFL. Who cares if a kid can run a 4.4, if he can't break 800 on his math/verbal SATs, or can't even get a 2.5 in high school? The NOVA schools prepare the kids for life after football; not sure what the Beach schools prepare kids for.

Posted by: Homer Football ()
Date: December 10, 2013 04:07PM

OneSBFan Wrote:
> Glad to see we're accusing yet another team of
> cheating w/o backing up our claims:
>
> 1. For 10 years, SB was "cheating" and also was
> "too scared" to play in Concorde. Then the facts
> got in the way: NO illegals, 2-1 record vs.
> W'field, etc.
>
> 2. Then in 2011, a good CV team loses to OSmith.
> People claim Smith is "cheating" but then the
> facts got in the way again. No wrongdoing.
>
> 3. Then Henderson transfers from WestPo. Look at
> old posts on here claiming LB cheated. They were
> all wrong.
>
> Now, a beach team is "cheating" again. Coming from
> a program that has heard these rumors for 10+
> years, I'm still waiting for the backup. So is
> VHSL. If the cheating is so rampant, then back it
> up; it's that simple. Report the cheaters.
>
> If you can't put up, then show some respect for
> your opponent. We played beach teams most years
> during our run and our fans talked smack just like
> theirs.

Don't know about SB cheating but I do know they are afraid to play in the Concorde. I was there when it was offered up to them and they wanted nothing to do with it. They begged for the Liberty District and we all know why. So they could win their district every year and cherry pick a Concorde school to play early once a year. SB should have played in the Concorde, for Christ's sake Potomac Falls played in it when it first opened up. SB record has a huge asterisk with every knowledgeable high school football fan.

Date: December 10, 2013 04:09PM

Thanks, EasternVaFan.

Curious. Why don't you think Mitchell will have a good game? He's seemed pretty solid so far, admittedly against weaker competition, but do you see a vulnerability?

Do you think the 2011 WRs were better than the current crop? I see this group as a little better than 2011.

Thanks again.

Re: Highschool Football 2
Posted by: SECEAST ()
Date: December 10, 2013 05:04PM

Homer Football Wrote:
> OneSBFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Glad to see we're accusing yet another team of
> > cheating w/o backing up our claims:
> >
> > 1. For 10 years, SB was "cheating" and also was
> > "too scared" to play in Concorde. Then the
> facts
> > got in the way: NO illegals, 2-1 record vs.
> > W'field, etc.
> >
> > 2. Then in 2011, a good CV team loses to
> OSmith.
> > People claim Smith is "cheating" but then the
> > facts got in the way again. No wrongdoing.
> >
> > 3. Then Henderson transfers from WestPo. Look
> at
> > old posts on here claiming LB cheated. They
> were
> > all wrong.
> >
> > Now, a beach team is "cheating" again. Coming
> from
> > a program that has heard these rumors for 10+
> > years, I'm still waiting for the backup. So is
> > VHSL. If the cheating is so rampant, then back
> it
> > up; it's that simple. Report the cheaters.
> >
> > If you can't put up, then show some respect for
> > your opponent. We played beach teams most years
> > during our run and our fans talked smack just
> like
> > theirs.
>
>
> Don't know about SB cheating but I do know they
> are afraid to play in the Concorde. I was there
> when it was offered up to them and they wanted
> nothing to do with it. They begged for the
> Liberty District and we all know why. So they
> could win their district every year and cherry
> pick a Concorde school to play early once a year.
> SB should have played in the Concorde, for
> Christ's sake Potomac Falls played in it when it
> first opened up. SB record has a huge asterisk
> with every knowledgeable high school football fan.
-----------
Not sure I understand why SB should have played in Concorde or have an asterisk. Playing Westfield 3 times doesn't seem like cherry picking and winning twice says something about program quality regardless of where they play. I saw SB dominate Chantilly 24-8 in 2012; was 24-0 until the final minute. Langley from Liberty was seeded higher this year than every Concorde team but two. Where is the rule that says you have to play in the toughest division to be a good program? Under that logic, Florida State shouldn't be heading to Pasadena on Jan. 6th and Bobby B's wins there in the ACC should have an asterisk, too. Just asking for clarification on the logic.

Posted by: wildcat fanatic ()
Date: December 10, 2013 05:21PM

remember, Oscar smith is a bunch of underprivileged ghetto kids that want out of the ghetto. they are hungry and will do anything to get out. they may have a little more fight and heart then the wildcats. and if the wildcats beat them in the game the fans will be ready to beat the wildcat fans in the parking lot...be careful friends. GO WILDCATS!

Posted by: hey racist dude ()
Date: December 10, 2013 05:34PM

Keep it clean keep it clean, do not need that smack

Posted by: DeeCoVA ()
Date: December 10, 2013 09:22PM

Where do you come off saying that Oscar Smith players are a bunch of ghetto underprivileged kids? Have you ever even been to the area where this school is located? Likely not, because if so; you would know that this school is located in the suburbs of Southern Chesapeake, in which is one of the more affluent areas in the region. Better yet, why don't you do the research of the student body demographic and there you will see that their is no significant differences in OFS's student body than any other public school in the America. It's really sad to know that you could automatically assume that because the great percentage of the kids on the OFS football team are African-American, that equates to them as being underprivileged ghetto children who's only way out of the GHETTO is to play football. Like many other public schools around are beautiful country their are children who are privileged and there are those who are less privileged than others. How about getting some facts before making false comments about children and their socioecomic

Date: December 10, 2013 09:35PM

Where do you come off saying that Oscar Smith players are a bunch of ghetto underprivileged kids? Have you ever even been to the area where this school is located? Likely not, because if so; you would know that this school is located in the suburbs of Southern Chesapeake, in which is one of the more affluent areas in the region. Better yet, why don't you do the research of the student body demographic and there you will see that there is no significant differences in OFS's student body than any other public school in the U.S. You are very misinformed, and it's really sad to know that you could automatically assume that because the great percentage of the kids on the OFS football team are African-American, that equates to them as being underprivileged ghetto children who's only way out of the GHETTO is to play football. Like many other public schools around are beautiful country their are children who are privileged and there are those who are less privileged than others. How about getting some facts before making false comments about children who attend Oscar Smith High and their socioeconomic statuses. You're very ignorant and your statements have no merit!

OFS Educator

Posted by: Haters gonna Hate ()
Date: December 10, 2013 10:07PM

My observation is [some] Concorde fans are making cheating allegations as a built in excuse in case Centreville looses, accusing SB of cheating as the only reason they were good when they beat Concorde teams, a possible muddy field in case Centreville has trouble Saturday. At this point in the year the best team will win. Making semi racist remarks about where the OS kids neighborhoods are and how that may motivate them, stating statics on 40 times versus good SAT scores. Concur with fan that asked has the accuser ever been to Oscar Smith neighborhood. This trash make me switch allegiance and now hope Smith punishes Centreville (although I have nothing but respect for the classy kids that play for Centreville). Why can't the discussion stay on how talented and classy the players from Centreville have been most of the year and give some credit to the talent of Oscar S for always working hard and being well coached and always being in the hunt for championships.("Haters gonna hate") Schools all over have found ways to add a player or a few who did not grow up in the district they are currently in. Parents will find the best situation for their kids. If it means moving, or placement for all of the potential legal ways usually prior to 9th grade, it happens all over. There have been several Concorde teams that have benefited from movement. When you allege cheating at least do it with specific facts or it looks like you are building in an excuse for a loss before the loss occurs. Calling the beach arrogant is the pot calling the kettle. Yes Concorde teams have great history however [some] Concorde fans are way over the top. just my 2 cents!

Posted by: relax folks ()
Date: December 10, 2013 10:17PM

These hater messages are probably not even from Centreville fans. Always planted emails from just about any goofball. Take this site for what it is worth given anonymous posting rules.

Posted by: triple lutz ()
Date: December 10, 2013 10:51PM

wildcat fanatic Wrote:
> remember, Oscar smith is a bunch of
> underprivileged ghetto kids that want out of the
> ghetto.

OScar Smith is located in the really, really nice part of Chesapeake. Lots of military kids there.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:04PM

Keep in mind that the lack of information breeds rumors and misinformation that has cropped up regarding recruitment and transfers. This really is not the fault of fans that simply want a fair opportunity to win. If anyone should be blamed it should be the VHSL for not being open and transparent regarding the rules. Simply finding information regarding the subject is extremely difficult which should not be the case in the internet age.

Posted by: Doge ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:05PM

Lul wut

Date: December 10, 2013 11:40PM

Haters gonna Hate Wrote:
> My observation is [some] Concorde fans are making
> cheating allegations as a built in excuse in case
> Centreville looses, accusing SB of cheating as the
> only reason they were good when they beat Concorde
> teams, a possible muddy field in case Centreville
> has trouble Saturday. At this point in the year
> the best team will win. Making semi racist
> remarks about where the OS kids neighborhoods are
> and how that may motivate them, stating statics
> on 40 times versus good SAT scores. Concur with
> fan that asked has the accuser ever been to Oscar
> Smith neighborhood. This trash make me switch
> allegiance and now hope Smith punishes Centreville
> (although I have nothing but respect for the
> classy kids that play for Centreville). Why can't
> the discussion stay on how talented and classy the
> players from Centreville have been most of the
> year and give some credit to the talent of Oscar S
> for always working hard and being well coached and
> always being in the hunt for
> championships.("Haters gonna hate") Schools all
> over have found ways to add a player or a few who
> did not grow up in the district they are currently
> in. Parents will find the best situation for
> their kids. If it means moving, or placement for
> all of the potential legal ways usually prior to
> 9th grade, it happens all over. There have been
> several Concorde teams that have benefited from
> movement. When you allege cheating at least do it
> with specific facts or it looks like you are
> building in an excuse for a loss before the loss
> occurs. Calling the beach arrogant is the pot
> calling the kettle. Yes Concorde teams have great
> history however [some] Concorde fans are way over
> the top. just my 2 cents!
----------
Well said and let's see a great game between 2 teams that have had great years.

Date: December 10, 2013 11:43PM

DeeCoVA Wrote:
> Where do you come off saying that Oscar Smith
> players are a bunch of ghetto underprivileged
> kids? Have you ever even been to the area where
> this school is located? Likely not, because if so;
> you would know that this school is located in the
> suburbs of Southern Chesapeake, in which is one of
> the more affluent areas in the region. Better yet,
> why don't you do the research of the student body
> demographic and there you will see that there is
> no significant differences in OFS's student body
> than any other public school in the U.S. You are
> very misinformed, and it's really sad to know that
> you could automatically assume that because the
> great percentage of the kids on the OFS football
> team are African-American, that equates to them as
> being underprivileged ghetto children who's only
> way out of the GHETTO is to play football. Like
> many other public schools around are beautiful
> country their are children who are privileged and
> there are those who are less privileged than
> others. How about getting some facts before making
> false comments about children who attend Oscar
> Smith High and their socioeconomic statuses.
> You're very ignorant and your statements have no
> merit!
>
> OFS Educator
------
Great points. Thank you!

Posted by: rain and snow Sat ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:10AM

Rain and snow and ice oh my

All scheduled for Saturday's championship games.

Posted by: love da weather ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:25AM

Bring on the weather, who cares? Let's play some football.

Posted by: weatherman ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:26AM

The major story is shaping up to be the weather. Forecasts show temps dropping with freezing rain and snow. Any chance of postponing game? If so,

Posted by: love da weather ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:35AM

As cryptic as the VHSL is they will not say anything to the public about anything. Will keep everyone guessing.

Posted by: weatherman ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:15AM

Can anyone recall a State Championship game being postpone in the past?

Date: December 11, 2013 10:44AM

Piggy backing off of one of the previous posters. OFS is located in a region of the state that has a very large military presence and is home to the WORLDS largest naval base. With that being said, you don't think that may factor in to the minds of parents who get orders to the area and has a kid that is a great athelete to locate to a community that is nice, great school, and has an outstanding nationally recognized football program? OFS's 5 star recruit LEGAL 2 year resident lives in the school district, 10 minute walk from the school's campus. Another star player who attends the school and commited to play at the next level is an import from Florida and has been at the school since 9th grade. These are just some of the examples of how this program get some of these atheletes. Another reason that these kids are so talented atheletically is because the feeder system that is the 3 middle schools in the area that Oscar Smith players come from who's coaches do a great job at preparing these kids for what's going to be expected by Coach Morgan if they want to play for his program. Like one poster said, all of the excuses and accussations start to surface in case there may be defeat or and embarrassing defeat of Centreville by Smith like it was at UVA in 2011. What is all of the hate really about? C-Ville is number one in the state for a reason; they're a very well coached team with some great players right? I don't hear or see anyone saying that they recruit players to play for outstanding program. Any team can be defeated on any given day, depending on waht coach has the better game plan as well as the will to win of the team. The game still has to be played on Sat afternoon so let's be respectful of these players who are still children, root for our respective schools; and enjoy what I'm sure will be an entertaining event, may the best team win!

Date: December 11, 2013 10:49AM

Sorry about the many typos in my previous post guys!

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: December 11, 2013 11:04AM

Here are the spreads for this weekend's state championships!

Briar Woods vs. LC Bird (-17.0)
*Briar Woods is looking for their 4th consecutive state championship, but first in an appropriate classification. I haven't seen LC Bird this year, but if they're remotely similar to last year's D6 state championship team, Briar Woods is in for a super tough opponent.

Oscar Smith (-14.0) vs. Centreville
*As much as Centreville dominated the Northern Region, and I think they were easily a top 3 team the last 15 years; Oscar Smith is really good. Led by just-announced Gatorade National Player of the Year Andrew Brown on the D-Line and an impressive high-powered offense, I see Oscar Smith winning.

If Centreville can stay in the game early, this could turn out to be a great one though. I will definitely be pulling for the Wildcats, and who knows!

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: December 11, 2013 11:15AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Here are the spreads for this weekend's state
> championships!

> Oscar Smith (-14.0) vs. Centreville
> *As much as Centreville dominated the Northern
> Region, and I think they were easily a top 3 team
> the last 15 years; Oscar Smith is really good.
> Led by just-announced Gatorade National Player of
> the Year Andrew Brown on the D-Line and an
> impressive high-powered offense, I see Oscar Smith
> winning.

I would sure like to think Centreville can stick with OS. If they can't ... well, then OS is just a freakishly good team. Centreville should be really prepared - they played 2 of the better high powered offenses in the region and then a solid all around team with a very tough defense. So they have seen it all.

Posted by: Concorde longtime ()
Date: December 11, 2013 11:35AM

As someone who attended the LC Bird/Oakton game last year, wow. They were silly good. Granted some of their top guys have graduated from last year, but it looks like they reloaded. Several Oakton players were knocked out of the game last year after hard (some were questionable) hits from LC Bird players. Briar Woods had better be prepared to fight until the whistle.

Ditto for Centreville. These won't be your father's NOVA football team that these schools will be playing.

Game on!

Posted by: I wuv you 757 ()
Date: December 11, 2013 01:28PM

I take everything back anyone has said bad about the 757. I wuv you.

Posted by: I wuv you too ()
Date: December 11, 2013 01:47PM

I wuv you back

Posted by: Gatorade player ()
Date: December 11, 2013 01:56PM

National player of year is Andrew Brown of Indian River...nah scratch that...Oscar Smith High

Clueless Haters!!!
Date: December 11, 2013 02:24PM

Smith did not stroggle on offense last week against CF, only if you call one back rushing for over 200 yds in the game, 118 before half and 85 on the first drive in which covered 12 plays all running may I add struggles on offense. It was the game plan so know your facts. You clearly don't know much about how to really play football and offensive strategies. Oscar Smith has the best pass attack in the state with a freshman QB close to 3000 yards for the season. CF could not stop the run with 8-9 in the box the entire game; any smart coach would elect to continue to pound the ball and control the clock in that situation when you have a stout defense who allowed -1 yd of offense the first half, and 51 total total yards of offense for colonial forge for the game. If you don't have to open up the play book to reveal what tricks you have up your sleeve to the next opponent on film ground attack until your opponent shows they can stop you, and in CF place they could not stop it. OS only attempted about 5 pass plays on them not because CF had great pass coverage: it was because the did not have too. All I hear is some of you guys complaining about tranfers at OS. When did it become illegal for a student to tranfer schools? in Andrew Browns case, he has been a student at OS for 2 years now, and he and his family legally reside in the OS school district in the neighborhood adjacent to the School campus. You arm chair QB's up here all know the facts. You think that the schooll that he left two seasons ago coach would have let that happen in a district where he competes against a program every year in the reg season if it was not a legit transfer? Stop listening to rumors from other misinformed posters that know nothing about football in the tidewater area.

Re: Clueless Haters!!!
Date: December 11, 2013 02:47PM

Lol at the poster the mentioned that college recruiters don't respect schools in eatsern region academically; stop the lies. That why shools such as Stanford, Cornell and UVA have all tried to get players out of Smith to their programs that did qualify to attend those schools. You don't get into UVA with BullShit GPA's and SAT scores. By the way Andrew Brown is not the first tiger player to accept a scholarship to UVA to attend school and play ball by the way. And not the one that went to Alabama and then tranfered to UVA for all those who are ready to use that line.

Posted by: The Kicker ()
Date: December 11, 2013 02:49PM

Thank you DeeCo. You make some great points. As a Centreville fan, I saw how good they were in 2011, then I saw how good OS was. It was a pretty big difference, maybe between 10-14 points if both teams were full strength. It became pretty easy to say they cheated, but facts show they didn't. They're just good.

I personally think this year will be different from 2011. It will be much closer. I know how much better this C'Ville team is than the 2011 team. No disrespect, but this team is deeper and faster. According to some, this OS team is significantly less disciplined than 2011. I haven't seen them so I don't know for sure. Anything can happen, but I predict a very close game.

Posted by: Transfer Concerns ()
Date: December 11, 2013 03:54PM

VHSL just announced today a complete investigation into the oddities surrounding the transfer of players into Oscar Smith and especially national star player Andrew Brown.

Posted by: About time ()
Date: December 11, 2013 04:45PM

Leave it to VHSL to do this now instead of before

Date: December 11, 2013 04:56PM

Kicker, Great post, and I really respect what you're said, but I'm here to tell you that people have been saying the same song year in and year out; this OS team is not better then that OS team. The team that won the 2011 state championship is not as good as the team that won it all in 2008. A Significantly less disciplined team does not equal to get you to the state championship game. Anyone who's actually and truly familiar with the program can only tell you that and I doubt that they would say that to anyone, so don't believe all false information that is out there about this particular group of Tigers. I take nothing away from C-ville, I've watched film on them and I agree with you that they seem to be faster on offense then the team from 2011, but the same could be said about Smith's team in which looks overall stronger and faster up front then any Smith team that I have seen. Both teams are obviously very talented or else they would not be where they are at this point. I don't think the either one of these teams are lacking in talent, it's going to come down to whatever coach has the best game plan in place and how well executed it is. I look for a much more competitive game this time around. I know what caliber of a team that we have here down southeast region but anybody can be defeated with the right game plan. Centreville comes into this game as the #1 seed in the state as there were in 2011 so who's the underdog? C-Ville rank there for a reason and it's not for being a average team. By the way Kicker, this entire post was not directed towards you my friend lol..I respect your post! And for the poster saying that their is now an investigation into the transfer of players into Oscar Smith, stop putting lies out there trying to make a program look bad. It's already enough false stories out there about transfers that are untrue. Again people, this is not Brown's first year being a student at Oscar Smith, he left his previous school as a sophomore, so you can stop with all of the crazy excuses that is being prepared pending a defeat this Saturday.

Posted by: I think... ()
Date: December 11, 2013 04:57PM

About time Wrote:
> Leave it to VHSL to do this now instead of before

...He was being sarcastic.

Posted by: Touchy touchy ()
Date: December 11, 2013 06:45PM

DeeCoVa why so touchy? Usually when folks like you defend so vociferously there must be fire behind that smoke. What is the 757 hiding ?

Posted by: hsfballfan ()
Date: December 11, 2013 07:35PM

Hey all, happy winter wonderland. Hsfballfan here for my special state championship edition. Get your snow boots on and your rain slickers bought at Dick's Sporting Goods. Looks like it will be a cold, sloppy mess in CVille (UVA that is) this Saturday.

So what do I think, I think Oscar Smith looks scary good and Andrew Brown just was named national player of the year. But what is my pick - being the astute judge of football, human emotion, karma, and other things universal (as well as being an avowed CVille homer - as you all well know) I am going with CVille 24 Oscar Smith 21. Seeing all of the confident Beach fans on here I am sure I will get blowback but here are my thoughts, like them or not.

* First seeing the posts and responses the last few days I am not sure why so many people are pushing the cheating idea or why the 757ers are buying into the need to respond. Probably one poster who is just playing the hater. For my good friends on this site you all know I had my own run in with the haters a few weeks back and have decided to let them go. Serenity now as George Costanza said.
* Second of course Andrew Brown is a beast but fortunately football is a team game. If I am Centreville I would resist the temptation to do too much to stop him specifically. Given his talent he will get his but CVille has to come with what worked for them and give it their best shot. I do not think you need to be someone else at this point. I would double team him from time to time but not let other players run completely unblocked....will defeat the purpose.
* Next I think a sloppy field goes to CVille advantage. Previous posters said that Oscar Smith did not unleash the passing fury, etc. last week well they will not be able to if it is raining and icy either. I feel good about Cville's run defense and ability to run (Andrew Brown notwithstanding).
* Next I think that the 757 is still thinking about the 2011 edition of CVille football. Very nice team with 5 or 6 very good players. However the 2013 edition has 10-15 stars with additional depth and speed in all positions.
* Next I will say the most important difference this year for CVille is the play of QB Scott Walter. Big, fast, can pass, can run, can block, great athlete, has confidence and a tough attitude. Much better than our 2011 QB who with all due respect was overmatched. Walter and FB Taylor Boose and others are not going to shrink from a couple of sacks by Brown or whatever. That is again why I say let him get his and keep trying because we will get ours.
* Now to the issue of freshman QB Mitchell for OS. Of course he is good, of course he has pedigree but I would make him think....mix up coverages, bring in some all out blitzes, bring in some disguised blitzes, put him on the ground a few times and see how he deals with the pressure. Not looking to hurt anyone but a Freshman QB has to be welcomed to the big game with some hard, fair tackles.
* I think that CVille has a real chip on the shoulder because of 2011. Oscar Smith was better but the beat down did not sit well especially after we lost our star play Ken Ekanem, etc.
* I know all the reasons why Oscar Smith can win, great defense, dominating offense, good coaching, superb athletes, etc. No problem. THey are still high school kids. If I am CVille coaches I am saying to the kids do not read the press clippings, in reality no one is giving us a chance, go out and shock the world, we have nothing to lose, and you are a good team that can play great Saturday. I would also play up the idea that Oscar Smith is overconfident, whether they are or not.

Anyway of course some homerism in my comments but WTF. Let us see how it goes.

See you in Charlottesville. Stay dry, stay warm but most of all....

Stay classy Fairfax Underground.

hsfballfan signing out!

Posted by: go hsfballfan go ()
Date: December 11, 2013 07:53PM

Great post, hsfballfan - they come all too infrequently. Do not agree with all of your ideas but I like your mix of some football, some homespun humor, and some homerism as you call it. Will miss your posts when the season is over. Well done my friend.

Date: December 11, 2013 07:59PM

Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to hearing what some of the "wall of famers" on this site think!

Posted by: 757 baby ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:11PM

Very good analyst hsfballfan

I think alot will be on the QBs, freshmen vs senior. Most would take the senior everytime, but this kid is very athletic and can make plays with his feet and arm. He is a smart kid and will make plays.

I agree, this years Centerville QB is much better then 2011, but can he stand up to the pressure he will see. We will see on Saturday.

I think it will a good game, However, using your logic over the past few weeks, the better team will win!

Oscar Smith is the better team this year! Oscar Smith 28-14

Date: December 11, 2013 08:24PM

Touchy touchy Wrote:
> DeeCoVa why so touchy? Usually when folks like
> you defend so vociferously there must be fire
> behind that smoke. What is the 757 hiding ?
-------------------
Your logic is ridiculous. If somebody vigorously defends, then that makes the allegations in some way true? You talk about fire and smoke, but smoke is what you get when you elect a new pope. You obviously haven't posted on here before unless you're one of the gutless and uninformed wonders who already disparaged people from the beach they don't even know. Show some respect. I wonder how you'd react is you got accused of cheating, being "getto kids," etc. Did you even know about Smith's IB program? Hell no.

Posted by: Touchy touchy ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:42PM

Oh yeah all of those IB programs that Smith and Lakes and Phoebus, etc use to get kids transferred in on to play football, right....

Date: December 11, 2013 09:27PM

Touchy touchy Wrote:
> Oh yeah all of those IB programs that Smith and
> Lakes and Phoebus, etc use to get kids transferred
> in on to play football, right....
------
Put up for shut up--which ones are illegal transfers? You don't know what you're talking about with that stupid "where there's smoke, there's fire" logic. There was smoke about Henderson transferring to LB -- but the only fire was the credibility of the accusers going up in smoke. You don't have any credibility anyway bc you made up a name just for today instead of using whatever name you usually go by on here.

Posted by: touche touche ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:31PM

Ok how about this name? Still a bunch of cheaters down there.

Posted by: cant we all get along ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:34PM

This is tiring everyone, on both sides. I am more interested in what people think of who will win the games this weekend.

Posted by: OneSB1Fan ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:52PM

I am sorry I know I am wrong here. Cannot cover up for all the excesses down there anymore.

Date: December 11, 2013 09:55PM

Touchy touchy Wrote:
> DeeCoVa why so touchy? Usually when folks like
> you defend so vociferously there must be fire
> behind that smoke. What is the 757 hiding ?

-------
So now there's a whole area code conspiring to beat CV? Smith's repetitions produce sharp routes and deception at LOS that makes it hard for you to make good reads. People like you make stuff up because because you'd rather demonize than respect an opposing team. Hopefully, CV's players have more respect for their opponent than you do. Otherwise, pray for rain on Sat.

Date: December 11, 2013 10:02PM

Everyone I have a little experience with the haters. Just let it go, whomever that is doesn't speak for CVille or the 703. It took me a few weeks to figure out but I finally did. The more you play with trolls the more they will play with you. Heck the troll probably is not even from here.

Anyone else want to respond to my post or the variety of other reasonable posters over the last few weeks?

Stay classy Fairfax Underground!

Posted by: touche touche ()
Date: December 11, 2013 10:26PM

Who died and made you boss hsfballfan?

Date: December 11, 2013 10:32PM

Just want to wish CV and BW good luck on Sat. These teams have had great years and are only one "W" away from titling. Sure, Bird and Smith are tough opponents, but EVERY team that gets to UVA is. Neither one is as battle-tested as are BW and CV. Having lived in both regions, I know that beach teams have a ton of respect for teams from here. It's not just that 6 or 7 different NR teams have titled in D6 since Annandale did it in the early 1990s. It's that most teams NR sent to states have been bad-ass. This year is no different. I saw the CV-Westfield rematch and CV looked just as strong as in 2011 but quicker overall; #23 can play. CV looked better to me than Smith did when it opened vs LT. That's why it's no surprise that Smith has scored a grand total of 24 points in its last 2 games. You have to D up aggressively and don't worry about the deep pass as much as what's going on at LOS. If I HAD to pick only 2 factors that would decide this game, I'd say its how well CV's LBs play and how well Smtih's QB executes. Smith always tests a team's LBs. As for the QB, it's a question of whether CV can get to his head and affect his game. Pressure and a little chatter at the LOS can do that.

Date: December 11, 2013 10:38PM

Thanks EasternVaFan, maybe we are back on track now! Not surprised because EVF is a honored wall of fame member. One question - why the focus on Centreville linebackers? If so that is good as that is a strength of theirs even stronger perhaps than their line or their db's. Explain a bit more what you mean by the key will be CVille LBs. I do agree that how well the Freshman QB keeps his head in the game will be another key.

Date: December 11, 2013 10:46PM

touche touche Wrote:
> Who died and made you boss hsfballfan?
---------
Many of us come here to read and respond to the insights about FB that other posters share. Posts by hsfballfsn show he knows something about FB. You're on here -- so you must like FB and know something about it. Why not share how you see Saturday's game going instead of chain-choking people? Looking at your posts above, not one addresses the game of FB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 10:48PM by EasternVaFan.

Date: December 11, 2013 11:08PM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> Thanks EasternVaFan, maybe we are back on track
> now! Not surprised because EVF is a honored wall
> of fame member. One question - why the focus on
> Centreville linebackers? If so that is good as
> that is a strength of theirs even stronger perhaps
> than their line or their db's. Explain a bit more
> what you mean by the key will be CVille LBs. I do
> agree that how well the Freshman QB keeps his head
> in the game will be another key.
-------
LT's LBs had trouble with Smith's under passes. Then when Smith threw downfield a few times, the LBs were out of position the rest of the game. Too close to LOS, lanes were too wide, bad reads, drops not far enough, etc. LT was D5 2012 champ and good again this year but the LBs were tricked all game. It WAS the opener and maybe that had some effect. A few plays the other day raised a question, mostly the TD run around the left side where Westfield's back ran away from the LBs. I "think" that made it 28-14 and remember wondering how these LBs will handle an O that trades heavily on beating you to spots. This all leads me to believe that the game turns mainly on CV's D.

Date: December 11, 2013 11:10PM

Ah I got it. I too was a bit distraught by the Westfield touchdown but rest of the game and most of season the LBs have been top notch. Guess we will find out in a few days!

Thanks again for your insights.

Date: December 11, 2013 11:44PM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> Ah I got it. I too was a bit distraught by the
> Westfield touchdown but rest of the game and most
> of season the LBs have been top notch. Guess we
> will find out in a few days!
>
> Thanks again for your insights.
------
I hesitate to call them insights since I've only seen CV play the one game vs Westfield. Since Westfield mainly ran, I didn't get a sense of how good CV's LBs could get inside a passer's head. It's a "W" if they can do it at UVA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 11:45PM by EasternVaFan.

Posted by: The Kicker ()
Date: December 11, 2013 11:59PM

I have not seen OS play so I'm just going off what I've heard.

Offense I'd say is a wash. For OS, Deshawn Mcclease is good, but is he as good as Turner? I guess we'll find out. OS passing is better than CV.

Defense, so far I'd say OS, but they haven't been tested like they will be against the misdirection and good blocking of CV's O?

Special Teams, Centreville I think has a distinct edge. Their kick coverage, only major weakness early in the season, has gotten a ton better. Still a little suspect, but not like it was earlier. Otherwise, they've been amazing all year. I assume with the athletes that OS has that their Kickoff return and punt return are very good as well.

These teams are very close, and I think that will show on Saturday (or Sunday, as I've heard they could possibly postpone it) !

As always, hsfballfan, great post. Let us join in Cville homerism!!!

Posted by: Nova Fan ()
Date: December 12, 2013 07:49AM

What an impressive Freshman QB OS has in Shon Mitchell. Around 25 TDs and only 2 interceptions all year. I also noticed on short yardage situations they line up in a power I and have their GPOY Tackle Brown line up in the backfield and lead the RB. Their Defense is also very fast an athletic. I can see why no one has scored more than 14 on them all year giving up only 4.8 points a game. I can't see centreville scoring more than 14. I think the final will be OS winning 21 to 14.

Posted by: All Region ()
Date: December 12, 2013 08:10AM

Still can't find anything official for all-conference (district), but
the All-Region team has been released.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20131211/SPORTS/131219680/1267/2013-all-region-football-selections&template=fairfaxTimes

Offensive Player of the Year: Caleb Henderson, Senior, Quarterback, Lake Braddock

Defensive Player of the Year: Chad Wiggins, Senior, Linebacker, Centreville

First-Team Offense

Josh Smith, Senior, Center, Centreville
Kainoa O’Conner, Junior, Offensive Line, Centreville
Brooks Norris, Senior, Offensive Line, Langley
Reece Burnett, Senior, Offensive Line, Lake Braddock
Kidus Woldeyes, Senior, Offensive Line, South County
AJ Turner, Junior, Running Back, Centreville
MJ Stewart, Senior, Running Back, Yorktown
Nick Scott, Senior, Running Back, Fairfax
Charles Tutt, Junior, Wideout, Centreville
AJ Alexander, Junior, Wideout, Lake Braddock
Quinton Reynolds, Senior, Wideout, Patriot
Caleb Henderson, Senior, Quarterback, Lake Braddock
AJ Turner, Junior, Kick Returner, Centreville
Cory Huddleston, Senior, Place Kicker, Lake Braddock
Greg Stroman, O-Utility/Athlete Player, Senior, Stonewall Jackson

First-Team Defense

Jordan Brooks, Junior, Defensive Line, Centreville
Jake Pinkston, Senior, Defensive Line, Robinson
Tim Settle, Junior, Defensive Line, Stonewall Jackson
Jeremiah Clark, Senior, Defensive Line, T.C. Williams
Chad Wiggins, Senior, Linebacker, Centreville
Tyler Love, Junior, Linebacker, Centreville
Malik Carney, Senior, Linebacker, T.C. Williams
Mikail Vinson, Senior, Linebacker, South County
AJ Turner, Junior, Defensive Back, Centreville
AJ Alexander, Junior, Defensive Back, Lake Braddock
MJ Stewart, Senior, Defensive Back, Yorktown
Charles Tutt, Junior, Defensive Back, Centreville
Raeshawn Smith, Senior, Punt Returner, Chantilly
John Magnusson, Senior, Punter, Westfield
Demornay Pierson-El, Senior, D-Utility/Athlete Player, West Potomac

Second-Team Offense

Alex Kolencik, Senior, Center, Langley
Brandon King, Senior, Offensive Line, Centreville
Aiden Elkhatib, Senior, Offensive Line, Robinson
Mike Peterson, Senior, Offensive Line, South County
Diandre Stubbs, Senior, Offensive Line, Stonewall Jackson
Trevor O’Brien, Senior, Running Back, Lake Braddock
Levaughn Davis, Senior, Running Back, South County
Tyler Thrasher-Walker, Senior, Running Back, Westfield
Malik Carney, Senior, Running Back, T.C. Williams
Nick Ferrari-Smith, Senior, Running Back, Patriot
Reggie Floyd, Sophomore, Running Back, Stonewall Jackson
Raeshawn Smith, Senior, Wideout, Chantilly
Garrett Collier, Senior, Wideout, Langley
Devon Burns, Senior, Wideout, Westfield
Scott Walter, Senior, Quarterback, Centreville
Greg Stroman, Senior, Quarterback, Stonewall Jackson
Demornay Pierson-El, Senior, Kick Returner, West Potomac
Eric Rondeau, Junior, Place Kicker, Centreville

Second-Team Defense

Reece Burnett, Senior, Defensive Line, Lake Braddock
Ethan Clark, Senior, Defensive Line, South Lakes
Diandre Stubbs, Senior, Defensive Line, Stonewall Jackson
Chase Koon, Senior, Defensive Line, Westfield
Kevin Hankton, Senior, Linebacker, Lake Braddock
George Asante, Senior, Linebacker, Hayfield
Jamel Jimmerson, Senior, Linebacker, Stonewall Jackson
Chase Richardson, Senior, Linebacker, Battlefield
James Gibson, Junior, Defensive Back, Westfield
Demornay Pierson-El, Senior, Defensive Back, West Potomac
Mileek Burns, Junior, Defensive Back, Fairfax
Corey Parker, Junior, Defensive Back, Battlefield
Garrett Collier, Senior, Punt Returner, Langley
Joe Rice, Senior, Punter, Fairfax

Date: December 12, 2013 08:26AM

Nova Fan Wrote:
> What an impressive Freshman QB OS has in Shon
> Mitchell. Around 25 TDs and only 2 interceptions
> all year. I also noticed on short yardage
> situations they line up in a power I and have
> their GPOY Tackle Brown line up in the backfield
> and lead the RB. Their Defense is also very fast
> an athletic. I can see why no one has scored more
> than 14 on them all year giving up only 4.8 points
> a game. I can't see centreville scoring more than
> 14. I think the final will be OS winning 21 to
> 14.
-------
Great points. Smith's O is tough on Ds because one play you're facing a power formation and the next you see spread. It will run from almost any formation and will do that all day. If anybody can stop it, it's CV's D. That D has seen a variety of Os, e.g., SoCo's option, Westfield's power game and WL's passing with Appel. On O, CV will face a big DL and speed at LB and DB. I think you go with quick and varied snap counts all day, you see if Smith can stop #23 on naked screens, you decoy #23 on other plays, throw on a few first downs, and you make Smith play the whole field. I see a close game!

Date: December 12, 2013 09:12AM

@ EasternVAfan...You can't really compare a team from the very firt opening game of the season with a not yet broken in freshman QB, to a team that had a few games under their belts when they played against Westfield the first time during the regular season. And where did you get the grand total of 24 ponts in their last two games from? In the first of the last two games they beat their opponet 41-7 so I don't understand your calculatios. Please let us all know what type of calculater, or mobile phone you have so that we know not to purchase one because it's not adding numbers correctly lol. Just a little beach area humor, no disrespect intended at all my friend. I respect your post!

Posted by: NOVA Fan ()
Date: December 12, 2013 10:51AM

Oscar F Smith very impressive season

9-6 Lake Taylor W 42-2
9-14 Indian River W 61-0
9-20 Western Branch W 27-14
9-27 Lakeland W 56-6
10-4 Deep Creek W 70-6
10-14 Nansemond River W 48-7
10-18 Grassfield W 42-0
10-25 Kings Fork W 62-12
11-1 Great Bridge W 35-0
11-8 Hickory W 60-7
11-15 Bayside W 35-0
11-23 Grassfield W 41-7
11-30 Forest Park W 40-7
12-7 Colonial Forge W 17-0

AVG (45.4 PF/Gm); Defense allowed only 68 PA (4.8 PA/Gm)

Centreville scores are on Washington post all met sports

Date: December 12, 2013 12:08PM

@ EasternVafan..Just realized that your statement about the total of 24 pts in Smith's last game must have been a typo. Now I'm thinking that you must have meant to say that Smith only allowed 24 points in the last two games because that was the total of points allowed by them in regards to the last two opponents. Turns out you don't need a new phone or calculater after all lol..I take all of that back. Any of you guys going to the game at UVA? Soft pretzel and hot cocoa on me fellas!

Date: December 12, 2013 12:57PM

DeeCoVA Wrote:
> @ EasternVAfan...You can't really compare a team
> from the very firt opening game of the season with
> a not yet broken in freshman QB, to a team that
> had a few games under their belts when they played
> against Westfield the first time during the
> regular season. And where did you get the grand
> total of 24 ponts in their last two games from? In
> the first of the last two games they beat their
> opponet 41-7 so I don't understand your
> calculatios. Please let us all know what type of
> calculater, or mobile phone you have so that we
> know not to purchase one because it's not adding
> numbers correctly lol. Just a little beach area
> humor, no disrespect intended at all my friend. I
> respect your post!
````````
---------------------
I totally appreciate the humor you used to make the point. Now that I live here, my math skills have declined, ha, ha, ha, ha. As for Sat, Smith’s young QB was already making plays in the opener. With receivers like #4 around, a read and react scheme isn’t likely to work as well as it did vs. Westfield. Instead, maybe try to disrupt—blitz and gamble that your DBs can cover deep and wide. In CV-Westfield #2, it was hard to tell much about CV’s DBs because WF didn’t throw much. CV’s D looks like it has more speed vs. 2011. Am hoping for a good game between the top 2 D6s in VA; look forward to seeing what CV does to move the ball. Should be a good game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 01:00PM by EasternVaFan.

Posted by: CatDad ()
Date: December 12, 2013 01:07PM

Don't know if anyone visits the VHSL-Reference site that Hutchinson maintains. Always love to see massive statistics for all teams.
Anyway, he has a simulator which I have tried out during the playoffs, and its been pretty good - especially on spreads. You can find it here:

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/simulater1.cfm

So running the OS/Cville game(after averaging 10 iterations) I get Cville over OS 24-17.

As a comparison, I ran the 2013 Cville team against the 2011 OS team and got Cville averaging 23-19 over OS. Finally the 2011 Cville team against the 2013 OS team and got Cville averaging 22-20 over OS.

My conclusions, based purely on stats and Hutchinsons' simulator would be:

These teams will have a close game Saturday- with Cville having the edge.
C'ville is much better than they were in 2011
OS is weaker than they were in 2011

Posted by: cvillebacker ()
Date: December 12, 2013 01:43PM

Posted by: cvillebacker ()

Date: December 03, 2012 10:03AM

2013 will be the year of the Centreville Wildcats, write it down right now. They return most of the significant players from this year and will win the Region and State Championship. As time goes on and we get in to the season the individual players can be discussed.

Just remember where you heard it first, when this thread is on the 10th page look back here.

There it is over a year ago when I nailed it! CENTREVILLE WILDCATS...

All that is left is to win The States and I am a freaking genius. The only thing I missed on is the thread is at 25 pages not 10...

Date: December 12, 2013 01:46PM

I've got to agree with CatDad, that site is usually quite good with their mathematical predictions. I expect to see a close Centreville win, but I have never seen Oscar Smith play. See you all Saturday!

Date: December 12, 2013 02:14PM

@CatDad... Does that simulator also factor in the fact that all of the other teams that C-Vill played in the regular season in the northern region may not be as strong as they were in 2011 as compared to the 2013 teams in the region? Of course that goes both ways in regards to being able to compare both teams vs 2011 teams. I don't see how any team could be weaker if they still defeat opponents with just about the same point average per game, and have the same 14-0 record that they had going into the state championship in 2011. My point there is more that needs to be considered; but I know that this is just the results that you received from the simulator and not your personal prediction. looking forward to seeing a great game from c-ville from what I have seen from film have a pretty talented team. @EasternVaFan...I agree with your post...I can tell you've been around alot of football in your life. Come on back home to the southeast, we could use a good football mind like yours some where. I'm thinking that maybe you can become a recruiter for us and get us some of the studs they have at c-ville. I have a target list for you, #23 #24 #2 #4 and that big 7 foot Offensive lineman...That's sarcasim for those who are ready to say "I knew they were cheaters"! Those are good looking players though for waht I see. Nothing but respect for the north programs.

Posted by: Cat Dad ()
Date: December 12, 2013 02:22PM

DeeCoVA, I don't really have an answer for you on the what drives that simulator - maybe someone else out here knows. I ran those other games precisely to see whether one could get a sense of relative strength against a past teams, but you're right that not knowing how those opponents performed must be factored in.
As for recruiting for the 'enemy' I'll have to beg off, despite being a VaBeach native myself. These WildCats grow on you. Great group of boys and families. I hope they can take the bacon home this year.

Posted by: Hooligan757 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 07:36PM

I have followed the Oscar Smith program closely for the past 10 years. I attended the 2008 and 2010 state championship games they played in as well as probably (0% of the games they have played in the past 10 years.

In my opinion, offensively the current team is not as good as their 2007 and 2008 teams, defensively the current team is much better. I believe that the current time is better both offensively and defensively than the 2011 team that Centreville played.

Keep in mind that the starting offense has not allowed any opponent's offense to score a single point since the first quarter of week six of the regular season. There are 11 good players on their defense.

I don't think that the weather will be Centreville's friend in this game. It will limit their offense against a really good defense. I think that the weather will have a greater impact on the fans in the stands than the players on the field.

I am looking forward to a great game. See you there. Good luck and dress warmly.

Date: December 12, 2013 07:36PM

cvillebacker Wrote:
> Re: Highschool Football 2013
>
> Posted by: cvillebacker ()
>
> Date: December 03, 2012 10:03AM
>
>
> 2013 will be the year of the Centreville Wildcats,
> write it down right now. They return most of the
> significant players from this year and will win
> the Region and State Championship. As time goes on
> and we get in to the season the individual players
> can be discussed.
>
> Just remember where you heard it first, when this
> thread is on the 10th page look back here.
>
>
> There it is over a year ago when I nailed it!
> CENTREVILLE WILDCATS...
>
> All that is left is to win The States and I am a
> freaking genius. The only thing I missed on is
> the thread is at 25 pages not 10...
-----------
Impressive prediction given the subsequent rise of LB, the test vs. SoCo's O, and having to beat WF twice. In 2012, when CV struggled to beat Hayfield in OT and also MTV, I had my doubts. You called it--well done.

Date: December 13, 2013 08:45AM

Go Wildcats, we are very proud of you!

Posted by: Cat Mom ()
Date: December 13, 2013 09:18AM

Yep go Wildcats!

Posted by: Nostradumbass ()
Date: December 13, 2013 09:32AM

Oscar Smith 27 Centreville 12

L.C. Byrd 34 Briar Woods 13

Posted by: Interesting ()
Date: December 13, 2013 09:55AM

Heading to UVA in about 24 hours!

Centreville 17 Oscar Smith 14

Mud, rain, and defenses are going to keep the scores low.

Go Cats!

Date: December 13, 2013 10:26AM

My prediction in tomorrow's awful weather:

6A Title: Centreville 21, Oscar Smith 17

5A Title: Lloyd C. Bird 21, Briar Woods 20

Posted by: Nostrasmartass ()
Date: December 13, 2013 10:30AM

Centreville 17 Oscar Smith 10

Posted by: NOVA watcher ()
Date: December 13, 2013 10:44AM

Oscar Smith 42 Centreville 7

Oscar Smith is just that much better

Posted by: Nostrasmartass ()
Date: December 13, 2013 10:54AM

As bullshit to the last post. Will be a big challenge and Centreville might come out on the short end but no way they lose 42-7. Go back to the beach you goofball.

Posted by: mysteriomaco ()
Date: December 13, 2013 11:11AM

Big win brewing...

CVille 27 Oscar Smith 9

Posted by: Fan ()
Date: December 13, 2013 11:38AM

I can't wait till tomorrow's championship games, looking forward to seeing some top notch action. Unfortunately I have to work so I'll be watching them in my office on my computer. Won't be the same as being there but will certainly be nice being able to stay warm and dry!

Here's one thing I'd just like to bring up that I don't think I've seen discussed here. Not taking away anything from Oscar Smith, they have a ton of talent, D1 recruits on both side of the ball, and the Gatorade player of the year. Did anyone notice that during the regular season they played just two 6A teams, three 5A, and five 4A teams?

Once again, not taking anything away from OS but Centreville has gone 14-0 against 14 6A teams. I think that goes a long way in regard to being "battle" tested. No doubt OS has a tone of talent, so does Centreville, they also have a ton of depth. I think next year at this time we'll also be taking about all the D1 recruits that are on the Wildcat roster.

I only bring this point up because had Centreville played mainly division 4 & 5 schools they’re stats would probably look much better than they already do. Just food for thought, not taking anything away from the talent OS has.

Also, the whole beach vs. NOVA thing is growing tired, if I'm not mistaken Oscar Smith is the only beach school playing this championship weekend in any of the 6 title games. Does that mean maybe the other regions are catching up in the talent pool, could be.

Finally, being an avid local fan of high school football I have one question to ask. How did Westfield, the school with I think the 2nd best defense in the region come away with just 2 players, both second team, on the all northern region team?

Posted by: Naf ()
Date: December 13, 2013 12:24PM

I agree other areas of VA catching up to 757 and 703

Posted by: novafootball13 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 12:42PM

Who has Centreville played that made them battle tested???

Battle tested, I dont think so
Westfield: Had no offense
South County: Had no defense
Chantilly, Oakton, Robinson: Overall down year
Lake Braddock: DNP, but could not beat Westfield

The whole play of Northern Region football was way down this year, look at all of the lopsided scores. Maybe 2 teams were good, but not great, as per usual in the region. With the exception of South County, Centreville was never challenged. What will they do if challenged for 4 quarters? Hoepfully, we will find out on Saturday.

As far as if Centreville played against Div 4 and Div 5 do you think Centreville would want to play LC Byrd Briar Woods Lake Taylor Dinwiddie. I think those teams would give Centreville all they could handle and more. I wouldnt be bad mouthing those divisions.

I think it will be a very good game, a close game 21-20 OS

Pages: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 25 of 27

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.