HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Centre Ridge PE teacher sexually assaults 12 year old girl
Posted by: maybe ()
Date: May 27, 2010 12:49PM

Slubdawg that occured to me too. Perhaps the only way to really clear him is to get the not guilty, but man is this an expensive and draining way to go about it, from what I have heard though, no prosecutor could expect to win this case

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wait a minute ()
Date: May 27, 2010 12:52PM

Slub - you have dialed in exactly to what I was thinking. Thanks for the clarity.

It also makes one wonder as to the race of the accuser. It would not be a stretch for a prosecutor to, a la Tom Wolfe in the Bonfire of the Vanities, try and bag that Holy Grail, the Great White Defendant. Now, I don't know of the race of the accuser, and I could be wrong in even making this implication. But there is something here that doesn't add up, and the race element could be one way of gaining some further understanding.

Posted by: school parent ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:15PM

The accuser is a white student, I can state that fact for sure as my son goes to school with her.

Posted by: aquitted ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:15PM

A close friend of mine is a teacher at Centre Ridge and they just forwarded me an email from one of the assistant principals stating that Sean has been aquitted of all charges.

Posted by: You lie small fry ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:38PM

aquitted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A close friend of mine is a teacher at Centre
> Ridge and they just forwarded me an email from one
> of the assistant principals stating that Sean has
> been aquitted of all charges.

If that were true then you would've print screened and uploaded the email to Tia site. Pics or GTFO.

Date: May 27, 2010 01:42PM

School parent - thanks for the information.

Acquitted, if the e-mail is accurate, I remain incredibly perplexed. The Washington Post article alone reflects that the case is a disaster for the prosecution.

How this turned out to be a criminal case is simply a mystery. Prosecutors rarely bring cases they can't win to trial - unlike baseball, it is a profession where .995 batting averages exist.

Posted by: gt3 ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:48PM

The student was Hispanic and there is only one Assistant Principal at the school and I am sure she has not posted a message such as this.

Posted by: acquitted ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:52PM

I also received an email from someone that was in the courtroom that he has been found not guilty. The jury took about a half hour.

Posted by: anonymous poster ()
Date: May 27, 2010 02:21PM

Posted by: teacher declared innocent ()
Date: May 27, 2010 02:27PM

So this 12 year old girl lied to get back at the teacher, because she had been bullying younger children and he said he would have to remove her from safety patrol. How DESPICABLE.

Her name should be printed in the paper now, since she made a darned good effort at ruining his name and his life.

Posted by: intrigued ()
Date: May 27, 2010 02:39PM

I am very happy to hear he was found "Not Guilty." The WP article was very interesting as well. I hope Mr. Lanigan can move on and repair the damage this little girl has done. Maybe a small lawsuit against FCPS and FCPD will help his family pay their legal bills.

My question is: Where were the girl's parents in this whole situation??? Why were they completely unaware that she was lying the whole time? I realize that allegations of sexual abuse could cloud jusgement, but it has been 4 and a half months since the girl said anything about this. I know for a FACT that my mother would have been able to tell I was lying.

I also wonder what kind of psychological issues a 12 y.o has to have to make up these allegations, then not recant after the pressure of a trial is layed out. Instead of feeling guilt, she bragged about the situation??? Sounds like a sociopath to me! Hopefully her parents will try to start being responsible and get her some therapy so she doesn't devastate anyone else's life again.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 27, 2010 02:45PM

intrigued Wrote:
> I also wonder what kind of psychological issues a
> 12 y.o has to have to make up these allegations,
> then not recant after the pressure of a trial is
> layed out.

Easy to do when you can lob allegations and have your own ID protected. Making the accusation while you know you are shielded from ID leaks because of your age and the nature of the allegation creates opportunities for abuse. I think we just got to the end of one here. I hope those that brought the case are held accountable.

Posted by: change the title ()
Date: May 27, 2010 02:48PM

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to say:

12 year old girl LIES about being sexually assaulted by teacher

Great question: Where ARE her parents? They should definitely have to pay for the teacher's legal bills. It cannot begin to repair the damage their child created, but it would help. Their names/picture in the paper would be a good idea as well. It would serve as a deterrent to other clueless parents who raise lying bullies.

Posted by: Curiouser and Curiouser ()
Date: May 27, 2010 02:55PM

Used to be a teacher and coach in FCPS. Had a guy who played on 1 of my teams that told me a story about an investigation surrounding a male teacher at a middle school. The teacher was evidently guilty of stuff with male students. But...the kid I'm talking about said the police interviewed him and he, the kid, told the police the male teacher had never made any advances. He then said the police tried to put words in his mouth, with things like "well, maybe you don't want to remember but did Mr. XXXX ever touch your genitals?" and went on and on like that. Now the kid I knew, was very sharp and sure of himself and eventaully just said, "what,do you think I'm stupid, that I wouldn't remeber something like that?" It has been some time since he, the kid, told me all this so my quotes might not be exact but that's pretty much what he said.

So, I'm wondering if maybe this girl's accusations were kind of expanded and magnified by the investigators. There's just something not right about all this.

Date: May 27, 2010 03:11PM

"So, I'm wondering if maybe this girl's accusations were kind of expanded and magnified by the investigators."

There could definitely be something to that, but there was testimony at the trial stating that the little girl was bragging about getting him into trouble. I think she knew exactly what she was doing and saying in this case. I don't think the investigators needed to expand or magnify her remarks.

@change the title: I completely agree with you that her parents should be held accountable for their child's actions. But the FCPD needs to share that blame by not following up with anyone else in the school about this child's behavior. A few simple interviews from other administrators or teachers may have cast enough doubt on her credibility that they would have been able to question the child enough that she would have recanted on her own.

Posted by: More Intrigued ()
Date: May 27, 2010 03:44PM

Someone reading this thread knows the name of the kid and her parents and where they live. Post this information for goodness sake, so that we can understand the full story. Isn't that one of the reasons why we have anonymous websites like this -- so people can post information without fear of retribution?

Posted by: A step in the right direction ()
Date: May 27, 2010 03:49PM

Cases like Sean's are a step in the right direction. People need to be open minded in cases like this, and for a long time the understandable temptation was to simply sympathize with the student. I hope Sean makes an example of the detectives who did his "investigation" and his employers who, by denyong his salary on the strength of laughable evidence, seemed intent to railroad this poor man for some reason. Kudos to you Sean and may all the misfortune you suffered turn into money in the bank

Posted by: jigggaaa ()
Date: May 27, 2010 03:54PM

That's excellent news that he got acquitted; I can only imagine how fat the civil suit he files is going to be.....

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:00PM

Terrible detective work. His arrest was not necessary and there was not enough evidence for an arrest.

Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:11PM

I don't care that he has been acquitted b/c I think he did it. It's so weird that he was always picking up the students and stuff. All FCPS teachers and subs get training in never touching a child unless it is a dire emergency.

Posted by: New one ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:11PM

Glad this guy got cleared, as the story never made sense. Apparently there will be an interview with Lanigan on Channel 5 news at 6PM. News Edge show.

Posted by: John Seifert ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:27PM

NEWS FLASH!!! HE WAS FOUND INNOCENT!
This ridiculous incident highlights what is wrong with our society and the media today. Children are believed 100% and the teacher is completely discredited from the beginning. During a more rational time, albeit brief, parents would believe HALF of what the student said and HALF of what the teacher claimed until they discovered what happened. What ever happened to rationality and withholding judgment in our democracy? Where is the support from the school system and the other parents? We all suffer when this happens because the effective, functional parents and their children are at the whim of the mentally unstable, irrational, dysfunctional families. When will we demand that these individuals stop their narcissistic, selfish, childish behavior? Let's stand up for ourselves already!

After reading all the posts here starting from the beginning, only a few of you are rational and reasonable. The rest of you should and may be sued for libel.
You are idiots. No different than the stupid people that burned people for being witches. Remember, INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!. Most of you highlight the saying, "Better to be thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Posted by: klio ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:30PM

He was aquitted of all charges and the jurors that were interviewed went so far as to say these charges should have never been brought against him in the first place. Here's the article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/27/AR2010052703259.html

Date: May 27, 2010 06:24PM

First, intrigued, there are lots of people that do improper things, including bringing false or bogus claims. But we hold prosecutors to a higher standard. A 10 minute jury deliberation? 10 freaking minutes? (Since it takes that long to fill out the paperwork, the actual deliberation likely took 60 seconds, accompanied by laughter). Jurors saying there was no credible evidence? No evidence of a proper investigation at the school (this is unbelievable)?. All of these are comments from jurors that have just been reported. I can't imagine what the prosecutor was thinking - certainly with any case one knows its strengths and weaknesses, but a case with zero strengths, and virtually no evidence? Everytime I get frustrated by the criminal defense bar I am reminded by cases like this that they often are are only protection against abuses by the state.

Second, I hope someone who practices Virginia law picks up on this here and can comment. My guess is that this teacher will have an incredibly difficult time suing the school district, and even if it can be sued, the limits on recovery will likely be substantial - likely not worth the money. But again, just a guess. And the girl and her family? Judgment proof is another good guess. Life is sometimes indeed grossly unfair.

Posted by: WestfieldJunkSter ()
Date: May 27, 2010 07:00PM

Just another case that shows you the irresponsibility of the Fairfax County Police and Prosecutor's Office. It makes me sick what they are doing to people, this is not an isolated problem. They are literally out of control.

Posted by: Well? ()
Date: May 27, 2010 07:18PM

concernmother Wrote:
> I would like to make a comment, first of all I do
> not know the teacher or the child involve, but I
> know that CPS and Detectives do not bring charges
> to the Comonwealth's Attorney if they do no have
> "Sufficient Evidence" of the charges, they
> interview not only the victim, but the teacher as
> well, they also speak with other kids to get all
> the facts straight. If they have enough evidence
> to prove the case then and only then they will
> make the charges. Don't you think that if they
> have done that is because they have enought to
> charge him with?

Apparently not!!!!!!!!

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: May 27, 2010 07:43PM

Official FCPS/FCPD policy:

Proof is not necessary when an accusation will suffice.

Firrat Wrote:
> Terrible detective work. His arrest was not
> necessary and there was not enough evidence for an
> arrest.

Date: May 27, 2010 07:58PM

westfield - the prosecutor's office is ultimately responsible. They are supposed to act in the state's interest. And that means not prosecuting cases where there is woefully insufficient evidence. I wish someone could identify the real agenda that lurked behind this prosecution.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: May 27, 2010 08:10PM

In my opinion, the law should be that the penalty for falsely and maliciously accusing someone of a crime, is the same as the maximum penalty for the crime they accused the other person of.

So for example, if a person falsely accuses someone of rape, and the maximum penalty for rape is 30 years, then the false accuser should (upon conviction of the false accusation) get 30 years in prison.

Obviously, for a minor this would have to be modified, but adults should face the same fate that they threatened another with. A 2 year, suspended sentence for perjury just doesn't cut it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 08:11PM by trogdor!.

Date: May 27, 2010 08:16PM

GMU Hokie/ Wait a minute

+1

Unfortunately, we will never know what their adgenda was, to railroad this teacher. Even if you sued and were made whole financially, there is nowhere to go, to get your reputation back, not to mention the stress on your life and family. Hopefully a lesson was learned by the county and school system

Date: May 27, 2010 08:32PM

FCPS, FCPD, and the Commonwealth Attorney's office have learned nothing.

Sean Lanigan has learned that kids will lie without having to face the consequences.

He'll need much time to heal from this.

He might be able to collect disability benefits for a while due to stress but his FCPS career is likely over.

If I were Sean Lanigan, I would wait for the letter from personnel - the one about his back pay.

He should also request compensation for his legal fees. When I was going through my difficulty, I cam across school board regulations on that subject.

I never collected anything. I was offered a resignation in lieu of termination. I never signed anything. I preferred not to deal with those oily gnomes on Gatehouse Road and just walked away.

Well? Wrote:
> GMU Hokie/ Wait a minute
>
> +1
>
> Unfortunately, we will never know what their
> adgenda was, to railroad this teacher. Even if you
> sued and were made whole financially, there is
> nowhere to go, to get your reputation back, not to
> mention the stress on your life and family.
> Hopefully a lesson was learned by the county and
> school system

Posted by: Great description ()
Date: May 27, 2010 08:38PM

"oily gnomes on Gatehouse Road" ~ Great description, GMU Hokie

Posted by: short_term_setback ()
Date: May 27, 2010 08:39PM

Well? Wrote:
> GMU Hokie/ Wait a minute
>
> +1
>
> Unfortunately, we will never know what their
> adgenda was, to railroad this teacher. Even if you
> sued and were made whole financially, there is
> nowhere to go, to get your reputation back, not to
> mention the stress on your life and family.
> Hopefully a lesson was learned by the county and
> school system

Lanigan may have squeaked by this time but he is still a peice of shit teacher who deserves to be in prison.

Posted by: WestfieldJunkSter ()
Date: May 27, 2010 08:42PM

If I had to guess - id say that Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Katie Pavluchuk is trying to make a name for herself.

Date: May 27, 2010 09:08PM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> FCPS, FCPD, and the Commonwealth Attorney's office
> have learned nothing.

Sorry to hear this, but I'm guessing since you know the system, you are probably right.

Posted by: doofus ()
Date: May 27, 2010 09:31PM

If I had to guess - id say that Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Katie Pavluchuk is trying to make a name for herself

She made a name for herself alright - can anyone say INCOMPETENT fool!

Posted by: Slubdawg ()
Date: May 27, 2010 09:36PM

Official FCPS/FCPD policy:

Proof is not necessary when an accusation will suffice.

GMU Hokie, You nailed that one! I remember when Bud Spillane was the superintendent (what a total waste he was) anyway, he actually said in print that, "preponderance of rumor" was sufficient grounds to investigate and remove a teacher.

Posted by: Justice for all ()
Date: May 27, 2010 09:37PM

trogdor! Wrote:
> In my opinion, the law should be that the penalty
> for falsely and maliciously accusing someone of a
> crime, is the same as the maximum penalty for the
> crime they accused the other person of.

Seems fair to me.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 27, 2010 09:42PM

Slubdawg Wrote:
> Official FCPS/FCPD policy:
>
> Proof is not necessary when an accusation will
> suffice.
>
> GMU Hokie, You nailed that one! I remember when
> Bud Spillane was the superintendent (what a total
> waste he was) anyway, he actually said in print
> that, "preponderance of rumor" was sufficient
> grounds to investigate and remove a teacher.

That was a long time ago. Dr Spillane created the idea of "recommendation for expulsion" which is always upheld.

Daniel Domenech, on the other hand. Now there was a good superintendent.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: May 27, 2010 09:48PM

That was a long time ago. Dr Spillane created the idea of "recommendation for expulsion" which is always upheld.

Bud Spillane was an egotistical jerk. One of the worst supertindents FCPS has ever had, along with Linton Deck, and Domenech. Jack Burkholder was great, as was Jack Davis.

Posted by: in the flesh ()
Date: May 27, 2010 10:29PM

I am so happy for Sean and his family. When he stepped out of the court house today, I have never been so relieved. I have known the accuser since she was six years old and I know the type of person she is. She has ALWAYS been hateful and manipulative. I am satisfied knowing she will have to live with a guilty conscience the rest of her life. I just hope and pray Sean and Karin are able to regain some of the normalcy they have lost these past 4 months.

I wish people could see what type of person the accuser is and how little guidance she has at home. CPS will now have to conduct their own investigation on Mr.Lanigan and it makes me so mad because they TRULY should be investigating this little girl and her family.

Posted by: GUILTY ()
Date: May 27, 2010 10:57PM

This just in... Judge has overturned ruling... Lannigan has been found GUILTY!!!

Posted by: in the flesh ()
Date: May 27, 2010 11:02PM

youre an idiot

Date: May 27, 2010 11:08PM

GUILTY Wrote:
> This just in... Judge has overturned ruling...
> Lannigan has been found GUILTY!!!

Yeah, you are an idiot and the name is spelled "Lanigan".

Posted by: GUILTY ()
Date: May 27, 2010 11:37PM

Justice for all Wrote:
> GUILTY Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This just in... Judge has overturned ruling...
> > Lannigan has been found GUILTY!!!
>
> Yeah, you are an idiot and the name is spelled
> "Lanigan".

Actually the extra n in Lannigan was because I don't fucking care what his name is.

Posted by: WestfieldsJunkStar ()
Date: May 27, 2010 11:48PM

So we haven't had anyone come forward with the accusers name yet. C'mon FFxU is an anonymous place and we'd like to see a name!

Posted by: LOLcouldnthelpmyself ()
Date: May 28, 2010 12:16AM

WestfieldsJunkStar Wrote:
> So we haven't had anyone come forward with the
> accusers name yet. C'mon FFxU is an anonymous
> place and we'd like to see a name!

THE ACCUSER IS . . .
Attachments:
s-DORA-THE-EXPLORER-ILLEGAL-IMMIGRANT-large.jpg

Date: May 28, 2010 06:24AM

I subbed at Oakton High School one day.

A student came in late.

She gave me some grief.

Had she not done so, I would have let things slide.

She claimed that I had an adverse reaction to her last name.

I didn't even know her last name until she told me.

She continued to give me grief so I wrote her up.

That was the highlight of my sub career - writing up Maura Spillane, the superintendant's daughter.

I heard she is now an elementary school teacher.
Slubdawg Wrote:
> Official FCPS/FCPD policy:
>
> Proof is not necessary when an accusation will
> suffice.
>
> GMU Hokie, You nailed that one! I remember when
> Bud Spillane was the superintendent (what a total
> waste he was) anyway, he actually said in print
> that, "preponderance of rumor" was sufficient
> grounds to investigate and remove a teacher.

Date: May 28, 2010 08:40AM

GMUHOKIE:

That's a hoot! It would be a typical response from one of his prodgeny. God, I can't stand FCPS Administration.

Back to Lanigan, you can bet that the Kurt Barbees (if he's still there) didn't really try to find out if this event that Lanigan was charged with actually happened the way it was reported or if there was any real substance to allegation, there goal is to find what they can to support the charge some way, any way they can so they can go forward with charges of some kind.

Date: May 28, 2010 08:45AM

Two ways to get the identity of the accuser:

Go to the courthouse and pull the case jacket.

There will be affidavits with the names of all relevant parties such as detectives, accusers accused, etc.

The accuser testified.

Her name is on the list of witnesses which is in the case jacket.

I would like to know the name of the accuser and the detective involved.

Another option would be to go to the area near Centre Ridge when school lets out for the day. Ask an older child who accused the teacher falsely. The older child will certainly know.

More Intrigued Wrote:
> Someone reading this thread knows the name of the
> kid and her parents and where they live. Post
> this information for goodness sake, so that we can
> understand the full story. Isn't that one of the
> reasons why we have anonymous websites like this
> -- so people can post information without fear of
> retribution?

Posted by: slbudawg ()
Date: May 28, 2010 08:47AM

Found an interesting opinion related to this case, worht considering:

http://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2010/05/prosecuting-sex-crimes.html

Posted by: not really ()
Date: May 28, 2010 08:52AM

slbudawg Wrote:
> Found an interesting opinion related to this case,
> worht considering:
>
> http://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2010/05/prosecut
> ing-sex-crimes.html

Actually, it is not very interesting at all. It is just another plea for a pity party. This guy is no differnt from the feminists. Man up and quit feeling sorry for yourself.

But he is right that any teacher--male or female--is well advised to keep his or her hands off students.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:02AM

Al Barbee retired.

I think Spillane hired him.

He was a cop before that.

He sure knew how to smear people, that is for sure.

Ask Craig Gordon if you don't believe me.

When I was enrolled at Frost Intermediate, an assistant principal pulled me out of my history class. There had been a break in at Canterbury Woods School. A kid with his arm in a cast had been seen riding a bike away from the scene.

I fit that description as I had broken my arm and I rode a blue bike on occasion.

The cops grilled me. I denied all involvement, but as the interview progressed I realized who had done it. I did mot snitch.

I also had an alibi. I had attended "Bat Day" at RFK with my father. The Thompson Honor Dairy in conjunction with the Washington Senators were giving away bats. The bat was my proof that I had been in DC when the burglary occured.

The cops did not believe me. One said, "Well, if you are not going to confess, perhaps we should lock you up now."

They later went over to my house (my mother was hysterical) and ransacked it looking for the stolen property (whatever it was). They found nothing because I had done nothing.

I believe the cop who suggested that I be locked up was Al Barbee in his younger years. He was not interested in the truth. He simply wanted to close the case.

By the way, I still have the bat somewhere. I tell my friends that it kept me out of Beaumont.

slubdawg Wrote:
> GMUHOKIE:
>
> That's a hoot! It would be a typical response
> from one of his prodgeny. God, I can't stand FCPS
> Administration.
>
> Back to Lanigan, you can bet that the Kurt Barbees
> (if he's still there) didn't really try to find
> out if this event that Lanigan was charged with
> actually happened the way it was reported or if
> there was any real substance to allegation, there
> goal is to find what they can to support the
> charge some way, any way they can so they can go
> forward with charges of some kind.

Posted by: Slubdaw ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:03AM

In the Fox News Report it said FCPS says Lanigan can't have his old job back until it completes its own investigation! HUH? You mean to tell me FCPS didn't investigate?

I know nothing about Lanigan but I find it hard to beleive that FCPS hasn't already made up its mind. So, now that leads me to think there is someting going on in the very little, conniving minds at highlest levels of FCPS. They are now trying to figure out how to cover thier asses, to avoid civil suits, I'd guess.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:26AM

Slubdaw Wrote:
> In the Fox News Report it said FCPS says Lanigan
> can't have his old job back until it completes its
> own investigation! HUH? You mean to tell me
> FCPS didn't investigate?
>
I thought that was too strange. I had the same reaction, HUH???

Date: May 28, 2010 09:29AM

Craig Gordon wasn't even charged, but look what happened to him:

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/jhuber/readings/accused_of_sexual_misconduct.html

As far as the accuser, we know from a previous post that her first name is probably Stephanie.

"okay. hes mi gym teacher. stephanie is lying. hes great. he would never do anything like that..... i miss him alott and keep him in my prayerss. that little girll is lyinggg....... join this if you agree with me."

I would like to see that list of witnesses from the case jacket.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:34AM

FCPS knows where this is going. The oily gnomes in the Gatehouse Majal play rough.

Lanigan isn't coming back. He'll be lucky to keep his teaching certificate.

FCPS will accuse him of unprofessional behavior because he picked the kids up.

That will be the basis of his termination.

The School Board will vote to fire him or not to renew his contract.

It is just a matter of time.

Justice for all Wrote:
> Slubdaw Wrote:
> -----
> > In the Fox News Report it said FCPS says
> Lanigan
> > can't have his old job back until it completes
> its
> > own investigation! HUH? You mean to tell me
> > FCPS didn't investigate?
> >
> I thought that was too strange. I had the same
> reaction, HUH???

Date: May 28, 2010 09:36AM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> Craig Gordon wasn't even charged, but look what
> happened to him:
>
> http://webhost.bridgew.edu/jhuber/readings/accused
> _of_sexual_misconduct.html
>
Do you know if a teacher could have a camera, if they wanted, or is that a violation of some sort, if it was hidden? Any idea what happened to this Craig Gordon?

Date: May 28, 2010 09:41AM

"I wish people could see what type of person the accuser is and how little guidance she has at home. CPS will now have to conduct their own investigation on Mr.Lanigan and it makes me so mad because they TRULY should be investigating this little girl and her family."

Is there anything, as citizens and taxpayers of FFXCo, that we can do to persuade CPS and FCPS to conduct their investigation on this little girl and her family? A protest, petition, or a very loud public outcry maybe?

@ in the flesh: Is this little girl still attending Centre Ridge? If so, I wonder how she is being treated by her classmates and the other teachers she has contact with. I would love to know the name of her parents more than her, only because they are the adults in the situation and need to be told what they did wrong as well.

Someone had mentioned that she has to live with this guilt on her conscience, but I wonder if she even has one. She is probably more upset about that fact that people don't like her now than she is about hurting this man and his family. Then again, I do not know her. She may very well be feeling remorse.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:42AM

I don't know what happened to Craig Gordon except that he was fired.

You could always call Steve Stone who represented him.

Try this site: www.stevendavidstonepc.com

Justice for all Wrote:
> GMU Hokie Wrote:
> -----
> > Craig Gordon wasn't even charged, but look what
> > happened to him:
> >
> >
> http://webhost.bridgew.edu/jhuber/readings/accused
>
> > _of_sexual_misconduct.html
> >
> Do you know if a teacher could have a camera, if
> they wanted, or is that a violation of some sort,
> if it was hidden? Any idea what happened to this
> Craig Gordon?

Posted by: Slubdawg ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:56AM

Can you imagine being a male teacher at Centreridge and having this little twit in class? Man, I know I'd only speak to her if someone else was around and give her A's on all her assingments, othewise the parents will accuse you of retribution.

Date: May 28, 2010 10:03AM

Slubdawg Wrote:
> Can you imagine being a male teacher at
> Centreridge and having this little twit in class?
> Man, I know I'd only speak to her if someone else
> was around and give her A's on all her
> assingments, othewise the parents will accuse you
> of retribution.

At the very least, the county should require her to attend another school, under the guise "for her own protection". Wouldn't want her in my classroom on a bet.

Date: May 28, 2010 10:09AM

I wonder if the teachers at Centre Ridge could refuse to teach her out of fear that she will do something malicious to them.....

Not sure how that all works though. Even as a woman, if I were a teacher, I would not want to have her in my classroom either.

Date: May 28, 2010 11:15AM

I think she'll have the opposite problem. If anything really does happen to her later in life no one will take her seriously.

Date: May 28, 2010 11:24AM

pgens Wrote:
> I think she'll have the opposite problem. If
> anything really does happen to her later in life
> no one will take her seriously.

Excellent point.

Posted by: Flashback ()
Date: May 28, 2010 02:12PM

His reputation sullied, teacher commits suicide
False accusation leads to tragedy in Virginia city
By Timothy Dwyer, Washington Post | February 15, 2004

ROANOKE, Va. -- The two-lane bridge that Ron Mayfield Jr. came to on the morning
of his death stands almost 200 feet above the flowing waters where his father
took him fishing as a boy and where, years later, he spent hours with his own
son, casting for catfish and perch.

He made two final calls on his cellphone, gasping out a farewell to his wife and
dialing 911 without saying a word. Then he lay the phone beside the road and
straddled the knee-high metal bridge railing.

At an hour when the school day was just getting started 6 miles away at Woodrow
Wilson Middle School, Mayfield leaned sideways and let go, falling into the river.

The note he left tucked in the Bible, on the front seat of the car he left
properly parked in the rest area by the bridge, began this way:

"I am so sorry for what I have done, but there is no way I could carry on,
absolutely no way."

The apology was for taking his own life. He had no need to apologize for what
drove him to his death, because Mayfield knew it was untrue.

A student at Woodrow Wilson told authorities that he had been assaulted by
Mayfield, 55, who taught English to nonnative speakers. Mayfield denied it, but
his word, his reputation, and his spotless record were not enough. He had been
suspended, and police were called in to investigate.

What Mayfield did not know as he mounted the bridge that morning was that police
had cleared him of wrongdoing.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/02/15/his_reputation_sullied_teacher_commits_suicide/

Centre Ridge PE teacher allegedly sexually assaults 12 year old girl
Posted by: William22030 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 03:27PM

Some months ago I predicted that this baseless case would end in the acquittal that it did yesterday. Some media reports say the jurors spent all of 10 minutes deliberating after a full three days of testimony before voting him a unanimous Not Guilty. VYSA is moving quickly to reinstate him as a coach. It would appear Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) isn't acting nearly as quickly when they are the ones who bungled and mismanaged the situation from the beginning and did the most harm to Lanigan's name and reputation. The girl's story changed considerably every time she told it to the point it was not ultimately credible. She told other kids that she was going to get Lanigan fired and that she and her family were going to get rich from winning the trial. Potential witnesses on Lanigan's behalf in Centre Ridge Elementary School were ignored by the school administrators, Child Protective Service and Fairfax County Police. They violated the Virginia Code and FCPS regulations to get as far as they did with this trial.

Bloggers who state blatant falsehoods that Lanigan was known for passing around nude photos are attention-hungry children masquerading as responsible adults. Another generation of fabricators of the kind that put undeserving Lanigan and his family into so much distress since January.

Posted by: Tara 12 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 03:53PM

I wish he would touch me...

Posted by: PwNzM ()
Date: May 28, 2010 07:44PM

okay here is the thing he did not do this because first of all i new sean lanigan for three years.... and he does do a lot of jokes by joking i mean picking up and making funny jokes.he is equal to everyone and he is just a simple guy.he treats girls the way that they want to be treated.he interacts people and he helps disabled children to but who noes.He cares for every children and he loves children he was a very popular teacher and our school and every one respected him.i just feel bad for the victims family i bet there community is calling them liars if the teacher pleaded guilty he might serve 5 years in jail.

Re: Centre Ridge PE teacher allegedly sexually assaults 12 year old girl
Date: May 28, 2010 08:28PM

William, I do hope that FCPS gets nailed for this. It seemed so weird the way this went down. I still think there is or someone has another agenda, could be some ambitious FCPS administrator, or whatever.

William22030 Wrote:
> Some months ago I predicted that this baseless
> case would end in the acquittal that it did
> yesterday. Some media reports say the jurors
> spent all of 10 minutes deliberating after a full
> three days of testimony before voting him a
> unanimous Not Guilty. VYSA is moving quickly to
> reinstate him as a coach. It would appear Fairfax
> County Public Schools (FCPS) isn't acting nearly
> as quickly when they are the ones who bungled and
> mismanaged the situation from the beginning and
> did the most harm to Lanigan's name and
> reputation. The girl's story changed considerably
> every time she told it to the point it was not
> ultimately credible. She told other kids that she
> was going to get Lanigan fired and that she and
> her family were going to get rich from winning the
> trial. Potential witnesses on Lanigan's behalf in
> Centre Ridge Elementary School were ignored by the
> school administrators, Child Protective Service
> and Fairfax County Police. They violated the
> Virginia Code and FCPS regulations to get as far
> as they did with this trial.
>
> Bloggers who state blatant falsehoods that Lanigan
> was known for passing around nude photos are
> attention-hungry children masquerading as
> responsible adults. Another generation of
> fabricators of the kind that put undeserving
> Lanigan and his family into so much distress since
> January.

Posted by: blue falcon ()
Date: May 29, 2010 03:00PM

Did Sean spend all this time in jail waiting for the court date or did he post bond?

Posted by: Grammar Police ()
Date: May 29, 2010 03:35PM

PwNzM, your writing is atrocious! What are you, in 3rd grade?
You missed several commas and multiple capitalization errors, "knew" is with a K, "too" has two Os, "Knows" is not spelled "noes", every one is actually one word, "everyone" and "there" should be spelled "their".

okay here is the thing he did not do this because first of all i new sean lanigan for three years.... and he does do a lot of jokes by joking i mean picking up and making funny jokes.he is equal to everyone and he is just a simple guy.he treats girls the way that they want to be treated.he interacts people and he helps disabled children to but who noes.He cares for every children and he loves children he was a very popular teacher and our school and every one respected him.i just feel bad for the victims family i bet there community is calling them liars if the teacher pleaded guilty he might serve 5 years in jail.

Posted by: Dave3 ()
Date: May 29, 2010 05:22PM

soccer mom Wrote:
> Way back in 1997 I reported to a Mr. Bruce of
> Faifax County that this so-called good guy showed
> topless pictures of his wife to the soccer players
> (she was a topless dancer)- while at his house to
> watch game tapes turned on the playboy channel for
> the players – bought beer for players and more. We
> had an athletic director that didn’t want trouble
> so nothing ever came of it ,and he was made the
> swim coach. Then he was accused by other coaches
> at a Va. Beach swim meet of being drunk and buying
> beer for the swimmers, again nothing happened to
> this so-called good guy. It’s a shame that a young
> girl had to pay the price, because this creepy guy
> kept getting away with very bad behavior.

Lots of folks know about the kind of stuff that Lanigan pulled 10+ years ago. He was a little immature back then and he almost got fired a time or two. I bet those parental complaints on his record had alot to do with the charges filed early this year. This guy was a dumb jock back then who did some stupid stuff but that does not make him a child molester just a jerk.

Posted by: sandy ()
Date: May 30, 2010 09:42AM

Grammar Police Wrote:
> PwNzM, your writing is atrocious! What are you, in
> 3rd grade?
> You missed several commas and multiple
> capitalization errors, "knew" is with a K, "too"
> has two Os, "Knows" is not spelled "noes", every
> one is actually one word, "everyone" and "there"
> should be spelled "their".
>
>
> okay here is the thing he did not do this because
> first of all i new sean lanigan for three
> years.... and he does do a lot of jokes by joking
> i mean picking up and making funny jokes.he is
> equal to everyone and he is just a simple guy.he
> treats girls the way that they want to be
> treated.he interacts people and he helps disabled
> children to but who noes.He cares for every
> children and he loves children he was a very
> popular teacher and our school and every one
> respected him.i just feel bad for the victims
> family i bet there community is calling them liars
> if the teacher pleaded guilty he might serve 5
> years in jail.

I was told that lanigan applied for an open PE teacher job with Fauquier county for the upcoming school year. I bet you they wont want to hire him for fear of parent complaints. This poor guy may have to move to another state.

Date: May 30, 2010 10:39AM

Surely the state owes him a full identification change so he can move to another area or state and not be Google'd and have these charges come up.

Posted by: varun ()
Date: June 01, 2010 12:49PM

pgens Wrote:
> Surely the state owes him a full identification
> change so he can move to another area or state and
> not be Google'd and have these charges come up.

Its good that the facts came out at trial. It sounds like Mr. Lanigan was not at fault but has a less than perfect past. I would not let him teach my child though.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: June 01, 2010 04:46PM

He can teach my kids any day. I hope FCPS brings him back fast. It would be a spineless move to let him go. Everyone email Jack Dale and let him know FCPS did a terrible job handling this situation. While I can understand a man with child sex charges being relieved of duties until after trial, he deserves his job back and the prosecutors of this county deserve to pay big time. Inexcusible miscarriage of justice. If I were him I'd be sueing multiple parties for enough money to live off of.

Also someone post the damn little brat's name or parents on here. We know multiple people on this board know her.

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: June 01, 2010 05:02PM

Hvae they located his Donnie Darko style porn dungeon yet?

Posted by: que ()
Date: June 01, 2010 06:38PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> He can teach my kids any day. I hope FCPS brings
> him back fast. It would be a spineless move to
> let him go. Everyone email Jack Dale and let him
> know FCPS did a terrible job handling this
> situation. While I can understand a man with
> child sex charges being relieved of duties until
> after trial, he deserves his job back and the
> prosecutors of this county deserve to pay big
> time. Inexcusible miscarriage of justice. If I
> were him I'd be sueing multiple parties for enough
> money to live off of.
>
> Also someone post the damn little brat's name or
> parents on here. We know multiple people on this
> board know her.

You "can understand a man with child sex charges being relieved of duties until after trial." So, what did FCPS do wrong? The police investigated the case, not FCPS. (He does not have his job back yet precisely because FCPS has not investigated.) The county prosecuted the case, not FCPS.

Posted by: Jack Dale ()
Date: June 01, 2010 07:04PM

you didnt know that FCPS is above the rulings of a court of law?

Date: June 02, 2010 12:15AM

When charges are dropped, it should be over. A jury took 10 minutes to find him innocent; and I like to think prosecution can find more of a case than the quacks in FCPS.

This man has been through hell the last 4 monthes, maybe during those say 120+ days the investigation should have been done. Maybe they should have been at trial and talked to prosecution/ the victim who everyone has portrayed as a trashy misguided juvenille deliquient.

It is sick how FCPS is piling on to this man's misery. Just another example how the all mighty FCPS continues its fall torward mediocrity.

que Wrote:
> steve k2 Wrote:
> -----
> > He can teach my kids any day. I hope FCPS
> brings
> > him back fast. It would be a spineless move to
> > let him go. Everyone email Jack Dale and let
> him
> > know FCPS did a terrible job handling this
> > situation. While I can understand a man with
> > child sex charges being relieved of duties
> until
> > after trial, he deserves his job back and the
> > prosecutors of this county deserve to pay big
> > time. Inexcusible miscarriage of justice. If
> I
> > were him I'd be sueing multiple parties for
> enough
> > money to live off of.
> >
> > Also someone post the damn little brat's name
> or
> > parents on here. We know multiple people on
> this
> > board know her.
>
> You "can understand a man with child sex charges
> being relieved of duties until after trial." So,
> what did FCPS do wrong? The police investigated
> the case, not FCPS. (He does not have his job
> back yet precisely because FCPS has not
> investigated.) The county prosecuted the case,
> not FCPS.

Date: June 02, 2010 06:34AM

Steve,

You can go to the Circuit Court of Fairfax County and request to see the case file.

The names of the complainant, that of her parents, that of the detective(s) involved, and those other witnesses should all be there.

steve k2 Wrote:
> He can teach my kids any day. I hope FCPS brings
> him back fast. It would be a spineless move to
> let him go. Everyone email Jack Dale and let him
> know FCPS did a terrible job handling this
> situation. While I can understand a man with
> child sex charges being relieved of duties until
> after trial, he deserves his job back and the
> prosecutors of this county deserve to pay big
> time. Inexcusible miscarriage of justice. If I
> were him I'd be sueing multiple parties for enough
> money to live off of.
>
> Also someone post the damn little brat's name or
> parents on here. We know multiple people on this
> board know her.

Posted by: not jack dale ()
Date: June 02, 2010 07:41AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> When charges are dropped, it should be over. A
> jury took 10 minutes to find him innocent; and I
> like to think prosecution can find more of a case
> than the quacks in FCPS.
>
> This man has been through hell the last 4 monthes,
> maybe during those say 120+ days the investigation
> should have been done. Maybe they should have
> been at trial and talked to prosecution/ the
> victim who everyone has portrayed as a trashy
> misguided juvenille deliquient.
>
> It is sick how FCPS is piling on to this man's
> misery. Just another example how the all mighty
> FCPS continues its fall torward mediocrity.
>
>
> que Wrote:
> -----
> > steve k2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > He can teach my kids any day. I hope FCPS
> > brings
> > > him back fast. It would be a spineless move
> to
> > > let him go. Everyone email Jack Dale and let
> > him
> > > know FCPS did a terrible job handling this
> > > situation. While I can understand a man with
> > > child sex charges being relieved of duties
> > until
> > > after trial, he deserves his job back and the
> > > prosecutors of this county deserve to pay big
> > > time. Inexcusible miscarriage of justice.
> If
> > I
> > > were him I'd be sueing multiple parties for
> > enough
> > > money to live off of.
> > >
> > > Also someone post the damn little brat's name
> > or
> > > parents on here. We know multiple people on
> > this
> > > board know her.
> >
> > You "can understand a man with child sex
> charges
> > being relieved of duties until after trial."
> So,
> > what did FCPS do wrong? The police
> investigated
> > the case, not FCPS. (He does not have his job
> > back yet precisely because FCPS has not
> > investigated.) The county prosecuted the case,
> > not FCPS.

The jury found him not guilty of the particular criminal charges. But let's suppose that picking up 6th graders and putting them on your shoulders may run afoul of his FCPS contract. (I expect that it may.) FCPS is then in a bind. There are many like you who feel that he has suffered enough that he should get his job back unconditionally. But what happens the next time he picks up a kid and the parents complain to FCPS? People will be ripping FCPS for having let him back in the classroom.

Posted by: Centrewise ()
Date: June 02, 2010 08:53AM

Here's the best coverage I've seen so far on this case:

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/story.php?id=1587

Posted by: eyesee ()
Date: June 02, 2010 08:39PM

Centrewise Wrote:
> Here's the best coverage I've seen so far on this
> case:
>
> http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/story.php?id=1587

That is a good article, Thanks Centrewise. Lanigans bet bet is to move his family to another region and hope that this stuff does not follow him.
I hope he has learned his lesson.

Date: June 02, 2010 08:42PM

eyesee Wrote:
> That is a good article, Thanks Centrewise.
> Lanigans bet bet is to move his family to another
> region and hope that this stuff does not follow
> him.
> I hope he has learned his lesson.

The lesson that he should do whatever teenage girls tell him to do, lest they file false sexual abuse charges against him?

Posted by: eyesee ()
Date: June 02, 2010 08:49PM

pgens Wrote:
> eyesee Wrote:
> -----
> > That is a good article, Thanks Centrewise.
> > Lanigans bet bet is to move his family to
> another
> > region and hope that this stuff does not follow
> > him.
> > I hope he has learned his lesson.
>
> The lesson that he should do whatever teenage
> girls tell him to do, lest they file false sexual
> abuse charges against him?

The lesson that he should cut back on the creepy grabassery.

Posted by: easy now ()
Date: June 03, 2010 09:59PM

eyesee Wrote:
> pgens Wrote:
> -----
> > eyesee Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > That is a good article, Thanks Centrewise.
> > > Lanigans bet bet is to move his family to
> > another
> > > region and hope that this stuff does not
> follow
> > > him.
> > > I hope he has learned his lesson.
> >
> > The lesson that he should do whatever teenage
> > girls tell him to do, lest they file false
> sexual
> > abuse charges against him?
>
>
> The lesson that he should cut back on the creepy
> grabassery.

Lanigan has been found not guilty. Let's let this thread die.

Date: June 03, 2010 10:38PM

Nothing had been posted for over 24 hours and your stupid ass post brings it right back to the top. I hate stupid people. stfu

Posted by: easy now ()
Date: June 04, 2010 08:25PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Nothing had been posted for over 24 hours and your
> stupid ass post brings it right back to the top.
> I hate stupid people. stfu

UR sooo stupid.
Think about it.......

Posted by: Einstein ()
Date: June 04, 2010 09:10PM

easy now Wrote:
> steve k2 Wrote:
> -----
> > Nothing had been posted for over 24 hours and
> your
> > stupid ass post brings it right back to the top.
>
> > I hate stupid people. stfu
>
>
> UR sooo stupid.
> Think about it.......

Tell me about it.

Date: June 04, 2010 10:25PM

Nice comeback. No You're stupidest....

Posted by: peteacher ()
Date: June 06, 2010 08:51AM

Brandon Wrote:
> Hvae they located his Donnie Darko style porn
> dungeon yet?

I wonder if FCPD got a warrent to search Lanigan's crawl space.

Posted by: Einstein ()
Date: June 06, 2010 09:18AM

peteacher Wrote:
> Brandon Wrote:
> -----
> > Hvae they located his Donnie Darko style porn
> > dungeon yet?
>
>
> I wonder if FCPD got a warrent to search Lanigan's
> crawl space.

What is in his crawl space?

Posted by: peteacher ()
Date: June 06, 2010 11:42AM

Einstein Wrote:
> peteacher Wrote:
> -----
> > Brandon Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hvae they located his Donnie Darko style porn
> > > dungeon yet?
> >
> >
> > I wonder if FCPD got a warrent to search
> Lanigan's
> > crawl space.
>
>
> What is in his crawl space?

kiddie porn stroke material.
Maybe his stripper wife got rid of it all when he got locked up.

Posted by: varun ()
Date: June 07, 2010 08:37PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Nothing had been posted for over 24 hours and your
> stupid ass post brings it right back to the top.
> I hate stupid people. stfu

steve, you just got served. Learn from that and grow up a little. UR the man.

Posted by: centeridgemom ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:26PM

I can't even imagine Sean teaching at Centre Ridge this fall. It would be too disruptive to the teaching process.

Posted by: justice4 ()
Date: June 09, 2010 08:33PM

A jury found him innocent of any wrong doing. Why cant he just go back to teaching as usual??

Posted by: Support Sean ()
Date: June 10, 2010 08:39PM

Mr. Lanigan is a great teacher. People who say bad things about him suck.

Date: June 11, 2010 09:43PM

You don't get it.

It matters not that he was acquitted.

What matters is that he was accused.

At FCPS, proof is unnecessary because an accusation will suffice.

FCPS will next accuse him of unprofessional behavior because he touched the kids, albeit in a non sexual manner. Unprofessional behavior consitutes grounds for dismissal. The school board will vote to dismiss him in a hearing on trumped up charges that will be closed unless he requests otherwise.

He'll be lucky to keep his state certification.

Wrote:
> A jury found him innocent of any wrong doing. Why
> cant he just go back to teaching as usual??

Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 4 of 7

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.