HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...404405406407408409410411412413414...LastNext
Current Page: 409 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Daily Viewer ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:14AM

It's embarrassing that Certa is so aggressively emphasizing the "We Play Clips!" aspect of his show in his promo. I agree that he should be playing clips, to set up the discussion of what happened. But damn, man. Don't cower like this.

You should go independent.

P.S. Damn Robb's montage really stopped the show on its tracks! Wow. I had to check my phone to make sure my app hadn't malfunctioned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jhopkins ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:15AM

Intractable Insobriety, agree on all points.

Anybody that wants to get in contact with me, do it via jhopkinsffxu (gmail).

I have some other things chambered up.

If anybody wants me to bring anything up, tell me, I'm fine with being a meat puppet.

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:17AM

The effing Rob & Joe is the best free podcast in the entire RELM/MORE/BOAD universe. Out of effing nowhere. I'm happy that Mike has given them plenty of time of TMOS now. Good synergy.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:20AM

What are the TMOS daily downloads at? 12k / day?

My friends and I used to do a weekly Warhammer 40k podcast (yes, I am a huge nerd) and with no promotion other than links in table top war gaming forums, we got 3k downloads / ep.

I get brought in on a Scala programming podcast from time to time and that show sees like 100k downloads / ep. And the only promotion for that is from the Scala user google group.

Why am I bringing this up? Certa could likely go indy and do a similar show and promote it how he wants and I'd bet he'd get way more downloads.

Posted by: bubbyman ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:33AM

So first thing on the show, ask Marcus if he will host Vitriolic Hatred, he would have a built in audience.
This has the possibility of being the most downloaded show he has had since everyone here will listen and all the klubbers that have dropped off will come back to hear what horrible people we are.

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:34AM

409...Semper Fat...
Attachments:
Skin tags.jpg

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:48AM

They DO cross-promote now, so that may not be a very valid topic.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:51AM

Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They DO cross-promote now, so that may not be a
> very valid topic.

The only thing to bring up about that is how it was a topic here for a long time, not allowed in the klub though.

Posted by: can't unsee ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:04AM

OMG...those skin tags...all up in your face...

/barf

Date: June 24, 2014 11:15AM

Where do these two get off on making fun of ANYBODY? A frigid swamp hag and Donkey from Shrek? Do they not think they are openly mocked in public too?
Attachments:
we suck.jpg

Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:18AM

jhopkins Wrote:
> What are the TMOS daily downloads at? 12k / day?
>
> My friends and I used to do a weekly Warhammer 40k
> podcast (yes, I am a huge nerd) and with no
> promotion other than links in table top war gaming
> forums, we got 3k downloads / ep.
>
> I get brought in on a Scala programming podcast
> from time to time and that show sees like 100k
> downloads / ep. And the only promotion for that
> is from the Scala user google group.
>
> Why am I bringing this up? Certa could likely go
> indy and do a similar show and promote it how he
> wants and I'd bet he'd get way more downloads.

The average was somewhere around there. If you want a more exact number, let me know how much time I have and I can do some work on the side. Just remember the data source isn't the greatest, so I don't know if you even want to bring it up. The method of us gathering data is a obvious point of attack.

I think it's important to reiterate that despite our criticisms and occasional disgust, we are still fans. Oscar has the best attitude with handling us. And I think it shows - out of the three, Oscar definitely gets the least amount of shit.

I think the crosspromotion is a great topic. Hammer home that crosspromotion was definitely talked about here on FFXU - maybe we'll get them to admit that we were instrumental in getting in implimented (though it should have been done from the start).

In my opinion you HAVE to throw in an attack on the Klub. Point out how we can be kinder to ourselves than they are. EVERY opinion is valid on FFXU - but you have to be able to back it up, and/or handle dissenting opinions. Case in point: me lightening up on Robb when he actually is real with people, like he is in the book. I still don't hate Robb as much as some here do.

The thing we hate about the Klub is that feedback is either positive or you get beaten down for going against the groupthink. Incidentally, those posts with that kind of drama? The most commented on posts on the Klub. All the other posts are people trying to contribute to the show by posting web links, and they get a few likes and 1-2 comments. A post discussing negative feedback will easily go over 100 comments. And yet they discourage that!

For all that FFXU gets shit, it sure is interesting how this thread is 100x more active than the Klub.

Date: June 24, 2014 11:23AM

" I still don't hate Robb as much as some here do." You're just not trying hard enough Bob....Try Harder!

Posted by: Comic Genius ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:32AM

Wait! Is that Rob and Cary pretending chop sticks are straws? Oh...my...God! Comic genius!!! I mean, it's not like something a six year old might do, right? How brilliant is that? A chop stick...as a STRAW????

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:33AM

On hating Robb:

"It ain't that hard, folks!"

Date: June 24, 2014 11:40AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They DO cross-promote now, so that may not be a
> > very valid topic.
>
>
> The only thing to bring up about that is how it
> was a topic here for a long time, not allowed in
> the klub though.

Yep, MORE cross-promotion on TMOS is only a very recent thing, but it'd been suggested for a long time here. Listeners could tell Mike did not want to do it, and he hated sharing the limelight. E.g., he had never listened to Rob and Joe and couldn't even identify whom was whom when they were in studio.

Mike, in connection with the b-day segment blowup, said he listens to feedback -- he gets it, he said -- and that's in part what this forum provides.

There is value here for TMOS, but just like we all do walking down the street every day, one has to avoid the creeps and Enzos of the world.

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:41AM

I think this is another example of an improvement that was made from "haters" pointing out the truth. Shortly after this, once Ronnick left, the bonus shows became almost 100% reliable. LFF alluded to Oscar being the "taskmaster", I think it backs up the idea that Oscar actually listens to opinions other than the ass kissing from the Klub.
Attachments:
Untitled-.png

Date: June 24, 2014 11:49AM

LFF can't even self-promote. Heard him on the Junks promoting Open Mike this morning, but he didn't even reference the book signing coming up.

I could have missed it. After all, it took me 3 replays to catch his "I am an alcoholic" statement last Friday, and I was trying. Something about him or the show causes my mind to wander, I guess, thinking of things I would rather be doing.

Posted by: The Laughing Lurker ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:50AM

Laughing Lurker here. Currently laughing, but only derisively. Just listened to the phony fat man's self-aggrandizing retelling of his indignity regarding the unruly school kids at Arlington. Hey Mike, why don't you worry about your own crappy behavior and lack of respect for others instead of appointing yourself of all people the etiquette cop? You sanctimonious ass.

Date: June 24, 2014 11:52AM

peekza, check your PM's

Date: June 24, 2014 12:02PM

Yeah, I have some ideas for what I'd say about the Klub and FFXU. I'd rather not make them public, because well in D&D terms, I'm lawful evil.

If you want to have a discussion about it, send me an email.

I'm 100% certain that LLF, LPS, Oscar, Don, Ronic, etc read or have read this thread. Things we type here clearly have an effect on them.

I believe this thread, if TMOS used it correctly would have a positive impact on their show. For example, they could stir up the Klub by doing a FFXU post on Monday and a Klub response post on Tuesday, but I'm sure fuckwadle's ego gets in the way of that.

On WJFK this morning, the LFF said that he has given up on corporate radio. Awesome, you fat hump, so prove it and have a weekly segment where you tell real stories about stupid suits. People that DL your show are hard core. So, give them a hand full of stories about what it was like and burn the bridge you claim you don't care about.

Posted by: LFF 's shower stall ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:07PM

Mike, check your BM's

Date: June 24, 2014 12:09PM

High Road, High Road, High Road, he says

Posted by: Oh The Humanity ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:25PM

Jhopkins. I would start with a a statement aimed directly at Mike that follows this format:
As a representative of the members of FFXU I would formally like to say:
You Are Welcome Mike O'meara
1.) For taking our advice on cross promotion of shows on the MORE network
2.) For taking our advice on changing the birthday segment
3.) For being slightly more honest about what was happening with you and the show
etc...
Then tell them we would like to see the following recommendations we have lobbied for long and hard enacted:
1.) Tell the truth about what happened with former show members
2.) Ban Robb from the studio and allow him a maximum of 5 minutes for a remote piece each show
3.) Allow unscreened callers
4.) Get interesting guests and hire a guest interviewer or solicit questions from listeners because you suck at interviewing
5.) NEVER discuss politics
Make it a manifesto from us.

Date: June 24, 2014 12:28PM

High road...Sure, but the LFF must want to go his show. I believe it is trending in the wrong direction.

His 12k or so daily listeners are providing enough, but that might not last. So, if he wants more listeners, he clearly needs to do something different.

Fan interaction, especially with the haters

Talking about how he had a big radio show and had a front row seat at the death of that type of radio

Breaking away from the trappings of "zoo radio" and embracing the unique characteristics of a podcast

In short, the high road isn't working too well.

In another light, so high road people are pious and really believe in doing no harm. Clearly that isn't the LFF, therefore one conclusion to draw is that the LFF is afraid of the return fire. Based on what I've heard of him, he prob should be worried if the chains came off CK, Ronic, Buzz, etc

Date: June 24, 2014 12:30PM

Oh The Humanity, I'm in love with you. Let's get married and have babies

Posted by: I'll get to Scotland afore ye ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:42PM

jhopkins Wrote:
> In another light, so high road people are pious
> and really believe in doing no harm. Clearly that
> isn't the LFF, therefore one conclusion to draw is
> that the LFF is afraid by of the return fire. Based
> on what I've heard of him, he prob should be
> worried if the chains came off CK, Ronic, Buzz,
> etc

EXACTLY. SPOT ON. MIKE'S NEVER TAKEN THE HIGH ROAD IN HIS LIFE EXCEPT DUE TO FEAR OR COURT ORDER.

Posted by: Larry K ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:45PM

Comic Genius Wrote:
> Wait! Is that Rob and Cary pretending chop sticks
> are straws? Oh...my...God! Comic genius!!! I mean,
> it's not like something a six year old might do,
> right? How brilliant is that? A chop stick...as a
> STRAW????

Oh come on, anyone can hate on Rob(b) for a long list of valid reasons, but this? Those *are* long straws for a scorpion bowl, like these annoying hipsters are using.

https://yy1.staticflickr.com/4127/5076822482_17f8933e81_z.jpg

And the popular spelling here looks like "show-whoa-whoa" but it seems to me that to be more accurate it should be "show-woe-woe". Lots and lots of woe.

Posted by: Caveat ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:47PM

Can someone explain to me, at least semi-seriously, what's going on with Robb's mic technique on C&C vs. TMOS? It's like he's more "on top" of it and mellowing his vocal tone somehow.

Posted by: Forgot My Password ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:50PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> I think it's important to reiterate that despite
> our criticisms and occasional disgust, we are
> still fans

Who is we, Bub? Speak for yourself. Not everyone here is a fan.

Posted by: Nitpicker ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:54PM

I must take issue with your description of Mike as a phony fat man.

There is nothing phony about Mike's fat. He came by it honestly, and we have no reason to doubt its authenticity.

The Laughing Lurker Wrote:
> Laughing Lurker here. Currently laughing, but
> only derisively. Just listened to the phony fat
> man's self-aggrandizing retelling of his indignity
> regarding the unruly school kids at Arlington. Hey
> Mike, why don't you worry about your own crappy
> behavior and lack of respect for others instead of
> appointing yourself of all people the etiquette
> cop? You sanctimonious ass.

Posted by: Carla's Vibrator ()
Date: June 24, 2014 02:25PM

jhopkins Wrote:

> On WJFK this morning, the LFF said that he has
> given up on corporate radio. Awesome, you fat
> hump, so prove it and have a weekly segment where
> you tell real stories about stupid suits. People
> that DL your show are hard core. So, give them a
> hand full of stories about what it was like and
> burn the bridge you claim you don't care about.

And yet...the podcast is catered around one shitty radio station in Iowa.

Date: June 24, 2014 03:17PM

Carla's Vibrator Wrote:
> jhopkins Wrote:
>
> > On WJFK this morning, the LFF said that he has
> > given up on corporate radio. Awesome, you fat
> > hump, so prove it and have a weekly segment
> where
> > you tell real stories about stupid suits.
> People
> > that DL your show are hard core. So, give them
> a
> > hand full of stories about what it was like and
> > burn the bridge you claim you don't care about.
>
>
> And yet...the podcast is catered around one shitty
> radio station in Iowa.

Another talking point for ya, jhopkins. Why not embrace the podcast format's freedom, instead of adhering to the foolish consistency of KCJJ's 79 minutes? (Could it be TMOS has more radio listeners in Iowa than the rest of the world downloading the podcast?) I can understand sticking to the familiar radio format as they were making their way in the early days of the podcast, but they're 5 years and 1000+ shows into this. (Not having purchased a bonus show, what do they do with those re. time, long interviews, etc.?)

Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:27PM

To be honest, I don't really care that much that they don't have guests on all that often. It would be different if they could get people on the level of a Patton Oswalt, but I don't see that happening. And there's only so many weathermen and local news anchors you can interview.

(Speaking of guests, Mike takes Rob to task on today's show for his lack of enthusiasm for being a producer. It's about twenty minutes into the show, I think.)

My biggest problem with the show has been the constant, unrelenting laughtrack that Oscar and Rob provide. Listen to the old D&M shows; if someone laughed, it's because they actually thought something was funny. One of the many reasons I respect Don -- no phony, over-the-top laughter.

Sure, sometimes they will laugh if Mike actually says something funny. But I can't believe Rob and Oscar actually think every word that man utters is hilarious. Also, they need to cut down on the unfunny and irrelevant interruptions.

They were actually much better on today's show. They were more subdued, and I enjoyed the show for a change. Maybe they really are reading this thread!

Date: June 24, 2014 03:35PM

Intractable Insobriety Wrote:
>
> Another talking point for ya, jhopkins. Why not
> embrace the podcast format's freedom, instead of
> adhering to the foolish consistency of KCJJ's 79
> minutes? (Could it be TMOS has more radio
> listeners in Iowa than the rest of the world
> downloading the podcast?) I can understand
> sticking to the familiar radio format as they were
> making their way in the early days of the podcast,
> but they're 5 years and 1000+ shows into this.
> (Not having purchased a bonus show, what do they
> do with those re. time, long interviews, etc.?)

I agree that this is worth bringing up. I haven't listened to a bonus show this year, but they usually hit a pretty hard limit. LFF saying stuff like "We have to wrap this up." in the middle of a conversation. News Flash: No, you don't have to wrap it up, you're just putting the L in LFF.

Posted by: Mr Helper ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:51PM

Hey Jhop, I think the best material is on the show where Certa was dressed down by O'Meara. You might want to re-listen (and perhaps have clips ready) to inquire about how it must have felt to basically be called a stalker by the man who's show he worships and donates hours of his own time. He was incredibly cruel to him given all that Certa has done to promote TMOS.

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:57PM

Interesting that there's no huge thread about Don Geronimo's show and how he should improve his podcast. I'm sure there are some complaints here and there, but not enough to have legs.

O'Meara should take note....

Posted by: microphone ()
Date: June 24, 2014 04:19PM

I haven't listened in forever. Question for listeners, if you don't mind...how often does Mike talk about guns and healthcare now? This is why I stopped listening. I just go so sick of the insane amount of inane discussion that substituted for putting effort into creating something entertaining...

Posted by: Hollywood ()
Date: June 24, 2014 04:30PM

I don't care who goes on The Marcus Certa Show as long as they do one thing for me:

Ask Marcus to ask Mike to please stop saying "Incidentally."

Date: June 24, 2014 04:30PM

One additional item for FFXU to give a big
"Your'e Welcome Mike O'Meara"
Making TMOS 1000 a success and actually pretty damn funny

Additional suggestions:
A daily segment devoted to "How Robb ruined the last show". Daily feedback meant to shut Robb the hell up.
or "This millennium please, Robb" Robb is administered a high voltage shock for every reference he makes to shows, movies, music and people whose fame precedes the year 2000.
Getting Mike to entertain ideas like this will be a lot like him admitting he is a hypocrite, so I don't hold out much hope for it....but we can still dream

Date: June 24, 2014 04:34PM

Hollywood Wrote:
> I don't care who goes on The Marcus Certa Show as
> long as they do one thing for me:
>
> Ask Marcus to ask Mike to please stop saying
> "Incidentally."

^^^This^^^. Send Marcus the compilations on Mike's verbal crutches.

Date: June 24, 2014 04:54PM

Oh The Humanity Wrote:
> Additional suggestions:
> A daily segment devoted to "How Robb ruined the
> last show". Daily feedback meant to shut Robb the
> hell up.

Great idea. Oscar would salivate at the prospect of producing that segment.

More ball-busting. Go after each other more. Be honest for a change.

Date: June 24, 2014 04:56PM

Oh The Humanity Wrote:
> Hollywood Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't care who goes on The Marcus Certa Show
> as
> > long as they do one thing for me:
> >
> > Ask Marcus to ask Mike to please stop saying
> > "Incidentally."
>
> ^^^This^^^. Send Marcus the compilations on
> Mike's verbal crutches.

someone should cut together a week's worth of them. If too long, 2-3 days' worth.

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:01PM

I wish Robb made eighties and nineties references. He rarely makes a reference from my lifetime.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:23PM

Nice subtle clubbing from Lurch on the Junkies to LFF during the segment today talking about the pamphlet:

Lurch: "How much do you talk about the old days with Don?"

LFF: "I don't talk about the old days in this book."

Lurch: "So, no controversy?" (i.e. conflict, i.e. any reason to read it).

Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:37PM

Yabels Wrote:
> Nice subtle clubbing from Lurch on the Junkies to
> LFF during the segment today talking about the
> pamphlet:
>
> Lurch: "How much do you talk about the old days
> with Don?"
>
> LFF: "I don't talk about the old days in this
> book."
>
> Lurch: "So, no controversy?" (i.e. conflict, i.e.
> any reason to read it).

That's fucking beautiful. What was the LFF response?

Posted by: Local ice cream shops ()
Date: June 24, 2014 06:12PM

We love when Mike is on his own in DC. No wife for a night, he goes wild with the things Carla doesn't permit. At least in the dessert area.

Date: June 24, 2014 07:06PM

The lazy, fat, whining fuck is at it again. Note the 'I love the show BUT...' that begins the thread. Remember, kids - Any amount of criticism means you're less of a fan than others.
Attachments:
LFWF1.jpg
LFWF2.jpg

Posted by: SomeDude ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:18PM

^^^ I think that's a fair criticism of the show, and I think the OP made it clear that it seems to go deeper than "schtick". Yeah, there's mutual ballbusting, but is it ballbusting if it extends to EVERYONE else who is in shape (i.e., those who shop at the Nike Store's soccer dept)?

Date: June 24, 2014 07:33PM

Score one for Freak System Sammy

Posted by: Mike D ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:53PM

I want to re-iterate an earlier complaint to be brought up on the Certa show.

PLEASE address Rob and his constant annoying laugh-track cackle. It's honestly embarrassing to just kiss ass that blatantly. It's Jack Diamond show bad.

And +1 on the 79 minute limit on the show because of stupid fucking KCJJ. Some old man in Iowa doesn't want to bother with anything longer than one CD? Fuck them. The whole POINT of podcasting is to break away from the formulaic bullshit of old-time radio shows. The best podcasts don't watch the clock, they just put out a great show and however long it is, is how long it is. Carolla will go 1:10 all the way to 1:40. Jay Mohr will just keep it rolling as long as it's still good. Problem is Mike is using this new medium and trying to apply old rules to it, which just doesn't work.

Posted by: Steeve Steveson ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:53PM

> Carla's Vibrator Wrote:
> -----
> > jhopkins Wrote:
> >
> > > On WJFK this morning, the LFF said that he
> has
> > > given up on corporate radio. Awesome, you
> fat
> > > hump, so prove it and have a weekly segment
> > where
> > > you tell real stories about stupid suits.
> > People
> > > that DL your show are hard core. So, give
> them
> > a
> > > hand full of stories about what it was like
> and
> > > burn the bridge you claim you don't care
> about.
> >
> >
> > And yet...the podcast is catered around one
> shitty
> > radio station in Iowa.
>
> Another talking point for ya, jhopkins. Why not
> embrace the podcast format's freedom, instead of
> adhering to the foolish consistency of KCJJ's 79
> minutes? (Could it be TMOS has more radio
> listeners in Iowa than the rest of the world
> downloading the podcast?) I can understand
> sticking to the familiar radio format as they were
> making their way in the early days of the podcast,
> but they're 5 years and 1000+ shows into this.
> (Not having purchased a bonus show, what do they
> do with those re. time, long interviews, etc.?)

A thousand times this. This probably drives me nuts more than anything else about the show. If they're so all about the medium and podcasting why in the world cater the entire show's format, run time and censoring to some AM radio station in the middle of fucking Iowa? It's the worst. The editing and the bleeping? Like the show doesn't already need a handicap against it. They ought to throw what's his ass out there to the curb and say, "You want it? You edit it." But I guess that would take leadership or initiative...

Date: June 24, 2014 08:39PM

From the Kappy Pfeiffer Studio, it's the Steve Bridges KCJJ Mike O'Meara Show!

Posted by: ZombieWoof ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:46PM

Personally I like the bleeping. Fat Rob was right when he said rules make the game more fun. But I with you 100% on the time thing.

Here are some posts that DCRTV declined to publish:

This week America's Podcaster divulged that his ex-wife had lupus. Way to keep it classy, AP! Keep divulging those health details! - ZW

--------

"Plus how can you charge for a capability your TV ALREADY HAS BUILT IN??? And they also charge for DTV adapters too!" - I THINK those are decoder boxes because you can't just hook up your tv directly to the cable plug (jack is male, plug is female, right?) I got mine for free because my neighbor threw away one new-in-box, so now I have TV in the kitchen too. - "Don Geronimo-Sorce: Follow the Leader. Mike O'Meara...The Real AHHHH" - Saying Don Geronimo's real name never gets old for you does it? He's been talking about doing a book for at least ten years and started one at least once. And have you LOOKED at the abortion that is the O'Meara book? And who has a book signing at a bar (sweet, sweet bar...) and doesn't sell books at the signing? I guess I just don't "get it". - As for Trail/Dobbs, racist no, pipe fetishist, yes. - ZW

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: June 24, 2014 09:12PM

Wonder if KCJJ was the radio station that wanted to run Don's podcast. Of course Don said, "no" because he knew it would end up sucking the life away from his show.

Posted by: Cary and Carla ()
Date: June 24, 2014 09:35PM

Carla: Upcoming trip to Maine. Mike, Robb, and Rob in a boat. Jokes write themselves.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:45PM

exffx Wrote:
> Wonder if KCJJ was the radio station that wanted
> to run Don's podcast. Of course Don said, "no"
> because he knew it would end up sucking the life
> away from his show.

From the conversation he had about it, I'm pretty sure it was, Don never said he said no, just asked what the guy could afford and then the guy realized the amount of editing that would be involved(especially if he wanted to fit it all on a 79 minute CD) because Don wouldn't do it for him, and they decided it wouldn't work.I kind of wish they had worked something out, even a weekly best of or something, because I'm sure suitcases would have flown that week.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:50PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> exffx Wrote:
> -----
> > Wonder if KCJJ was the radio station that
> wanted
> > to run Don's podcast. Of course Don said, "no"
> > because he knew it would end up sucking the
> life
> > away from his show.
>
>
> From the conversation he had about it, I'm pretty
> sure it was, Don never said he said no, just asked
> what the guy could afford and then the guy
> realized the amount of editing that would be
> involved(especially if he wanted to fit it all on
> a 79 minute CD) because Don wouldn't do it for
> him, and they decided it wouldn't work.I kind of
> wish they had worked something out, even a weekly
> best of or something, because I'm sure suitcases
> would have flown that week.

Don, Steve Bridges, I'll edit the DGS weekly show for free if it'll air on KCJJ. (My stock portfolio is heavy on Samsonite)

Date: June 24, 2014 10:31PM

I would love to hear details on what actually transpired during the infamous suitcase-throwing incident.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:31PM

Who the fuck uses CD-Rs anyway? That fucking shit-shack in Iowa can't play a longer-than-79-minute file from a computer? They literally (LITERALLY - Hi Mike!) have to burn the audio to a CD-R and put it in a CD player and press play in order to broadcast it? Every single weekday?

WTF?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 10:32PM by Hollywood.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:35PM

Pork Chop Suitcase Wrote:
> I would love to hear details on what actually
> transpired during the infamous suitcase-throwing
> incident.

I would do $1,000 cash from my own personal savings account to Haitian Angels to hear about The Big Duff Blowout. The full story: biker fight, broken windows, racist tirade against Jabare Brown, blown-out cowboy boots... The Whole Enchilada!

Date: June 24, 2014 10:37PM

Hollywood Wrote:
> Who the fuck uses CD-Rs anyway? That fucking
> shit-shack in Iowa can't play a
> longer-than-79-minute file from a computer? They
> literally (LITERALLY - Hi Mike!) have to burn the
> audio to a CD-R and put it in a CD player and
> press play in order to broadcast it? Every single
> weekday?
>
>

WTF?

They actually press pause on the player when they run commercials and the press play again at the end of the break...Might as well be backing everything up on an SD card....Ammirite?

Date: June 24, 2014 10:54PM

Mind = blown.

I mean, I've always known about the 79-minute rule and the reason why but I guess I never really stopped and took a moment to visualize a radio station running off a CD player in the year 2014.

They know they can line-in a computer to the same CD ins, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 10:55PM by Hollywood.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:58PM

What the fuck is a CD player?

Seriously, what year is this?

Posted by: Mike on JFK ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:07PM

"I don't listen to my own show."

The truth finally reemerges, after weeks of claiming he listens on the app, in the car, etc.

Posted by: CD Playa, Baby ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:20PM

KCJJ uses CD players because it's music library consists of K-Tel and Now Best Of CDs.

Date: June 24, 2014 11:24PM

Carla: You know your husband's morbid obesity is such a tired topic when he causes his co-worker's sports car to bottom out when he's a passenger, he talks about it on his show, and no one on FFXU even bothers to mention it.

Date: June 24, 2014 11:34PM

Cary and Carla Wrote:
> Carla: You know your husband's morbid obesity is
> such a tired topic when he causes his co-worker's
> sports car to bottom out when he's a passenger, he
> talks about it on his show, and no one on FFXU
> even bothers to mention it.

I have never listened to the show. Had I done so, I would have been all over that like Mike on a pork chop.

Posted by: Mira ()
Date: June 25, 2014 12:21AM

It didn't just cause the car to scrape the oarking lot, it caused continual spring and shock noise apparently the whole ride.

Seriously.

Posted by: lardassius ()
Date: June 25, 2014 12:29AM

First step: stop drinking uncontrollably on a daily basis = accomplished (so far).

Second step: stop being a morbidly obese fatass (a work in progress?)

Stay tuned...

Posted by: Long Time Listener, First Time C ()
Date: June 25, 2014 06:10AM

Hollywood Wrote:
> Mind = blown.
>
> I mean, I've always known about the 79-minute rule
> and the reason why but I guess I never really
> stopped and took a moment to visualize a radio
> station running off a CD player in the year 2014.
>
> They know they can line-in a computer to the same
> CD ins, right?

You're talking about Coralville, Iowa. The whole town is 20 years behind the rest of the country.

Posted by: Long Time Listener, First Time C ()
Date: June 25, 2014 06:16AM

Someone might want to tell Steve Bridges that he needs to update his website's "Personalities" page. How long has Buzz been gone from the show?

http://www.1630kcjj.com/pages/17660178.php?

Posted by: Morbid O'Bese-ican ()
Date: June 25, 2014 07:30AM

Sports cars are from the Land of Suck!

Date: June 25, 2014 08:36AM

For you non-listeners:

Monday night, Mike dines with Oscar; they skip dessert. They walk around town a bit, and walk right past a Haagen-Dazs without stopping (Oscar was proud of Mike). LFF (without Carla for the night) confesses that when he returned to his hotel, he got a super size Nutty Buddy, then 2 hours later, a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar ... and some Pepperidge Farm cookies. (LFF: "I'm not going to Good Guys or havin' a cocktail, so Daddy's going to have some sugar!")

For those scoring at home, those little snacks were 820 calories and 56 grams of fat for good 'ol Mike.

Posted by: Duck Dynasty ()
Date: June 25, 2014 08:39AM

Mike's take on drunks reminds me of assholes like Phil Robertson who spend most of their lives drinking, drugging, running around on their wives...generally being pricks...and then the second they "find Jesus" they become pious assholes judging everyone else.

Date: June 25, 2014 09:01AM

Carla: Come by the Open Mike signing. I'll be signing my just-published, "When Pigs and Suitcases Fly: The Unlikely Story of My May-December Marriage to Mike O'Meara."

Posted by: AndromedaGal ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:03AM

LFF is on Fox 5 right now

Date: June 25, 2014 10:07AM

And a shot of Oscar and Fat Rob off to the side.

It's true what they say: the camera really DOES add 10 pounds.

Date: June 25, 2014 10:19AM

AndromedaGal Wrote:
> And a shot of Oscar and Fat Rob off to the side.
>
> It's true what they say: the camera really DOES
> add 10 pounds.

Did the studio chairs survive the assault?

Date: June 25, 2014 10:39AM

> AndromedaGal Wrote:
> -----
> > And a shot of Oscar and Fat Rob off to the
> side.
> >
> > It's true what they say: the camera really DOES
> > add 10 pounds.
>
> Did the studio chairs survive the assault?

It looked like it did! (Mike was the only one seated on the "Good Day DC" set.) And it didn't even look like one of those extra-wide seats, so he was crammed in there pretty good.

My impressions of the segments he was on, keeping in mind that I have never been a listener to either TMOS or D&M, though I tried to watch with an unbiased mind as possible:

1) LFF was actually quite personable and likeable. And, dare I say, funny. I'm still not interested in listening to his show and I still think he's a dick based on the things I've read on FFXU. (Things I've read that have come right from the obese horse's mouth, mind you.) He was quite self-deprecating about his weight, especially during the story of ESPN Magazine's Body Issue.

2) He managed to plug his book signing at Jimmy's Thursday night at 6 and said to "get your books from Amazon and I'll sign 'em!". I wish one of the anchors would have asked him if he'd have books there for purchase, but no. So I guess it's up to the fans to decide if they want to pay for overnight shipping of the book to bring it tomorrow night. LOL

3) Two of the stories were about how much more attractive men were to women if they have had at least one previous relationship and that casual sex was good for you (I was only half listening by this point, was working at the same time). So Mike waves Oscar in as an example of "lots of relationships" and waves Fat Rob over as an example of "the other end of the spectrum". [Ugh, hit the wrong button and posted.] So, after a little bit of chatter with Oscar, Fat Rob has to shoehorn himself in with something about casual sex and not wearing a tie. Totally unfunny.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 10:42AM by AndromedaGal.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:04AM

Cary: That's my Prince Charming.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:05AM

> For you non-listeners:
>
> Monday night, Mike dines with Oscar; they skip
> dessert. They walk around town a bit, and walk
> right past a Haagen-Dazs without stopping (Oscar
> was proud of Mike). LFF (without Carla for the
> night) confesses that when he returned to his
> hotel, he got a super size Nutty Buddy, then 2
> hours later, a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar ...
> and some Pepperidge Farm cookies. (LFF: "I'm not
> going to Good Guys or havin' a cocktail, so
> Daddy's going to have some sugar!")
>
> For those scoring at home, those little snacks
> were 820 calories and 56 grams of fat for good 'ol
> Mike.

Didn't you hear though? He's gonna walk it off today...It will only take about 6 or so miles...

Date: June 25, 2014 11:09AM

Morbid O'Bese-ican Wrote:
> Sports cars are from the Land of Suck!

Kind of like Tony Perkins foreword was a big bowl of OK? Doesn't sound like his podcast will be airing.

Posted by: LoLBamaLover ()
Date: June 25, 2014 11:15AM

Long Time Listener, First Time C Wrote:
> Hollywood Wrote:
> -----
> > Mind = blown.
> >
> > I mean, I've always known about the 79-minute
> rule
> > and the reason why but I guess I never really
> > stopped and took a moment to visualize a radio
> > station running off a CD player in the year
> 2014.
> >
> > They know they can line-in a computer to the
> same
> > CD ins, right?
>
> You're talking about Coralville, Iowa. The whole
> town is 20 years behind the rest of the country.

So it is way better?

Date: June 25, 2014 11:23AM

I get why Oscar is there....Mike has always had a handler at appearances...But seriously....Why does Robb need to make an appearance too? His performance on the Junkies reminded me of Ronick on the Failcast....He just kept making agreeable noises to let everyone know that he was there....Oscar and Mike were DC radio celebrities...Robb was 2nd producer and 3rd Mic on a failed show that ran a year...WTF? He is ratings cancer....he only takes away from anything he is present during...He has the WORST sense of timing and comedy is 90% timing!

Date: June 25, 2014 11:24AM

Rob loves it...Should tell you all you need to know

Date: June 25, 2014 11:26AM

peekza Wrote:
> Morbid O'Bese-ican Wrote:
> -----
> > Sports cars are from the Land of Suck!
>
>
> Kind of like Tony Perkins foreword was a big bowl
> of OK? Doesn't sound like his podcast will be
> airing.

Nice to publicly thank Perkins for taking the time to write a foreword for your book, particularly as it is likely no one else could be bothered.

On the other hand, here's a compliment for LFF: I agree with his assessment of T Perk's foreword, so thanks for the honesty, Mike.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:28AM

> peekza Wrote:
> -----
> > Morbid O'Bese-ican Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Sports cars are from the Land of Suck!
> >
> >
> > Kind of like Tony Perkins foreword was a big
> bowl
> > of OK? Doesn't sound like his podcast will be
> > airing.
>
> Nice to publicly thank Perkins for taking the time
> to write a foreword for your book, particularly as
> it is likely no one else could be bothered.
>
> On the other hand, here's a compliment for LFF: I
> agree with his assessment of T Perk's foreword, so
> thanks for the honesty, Mike.

Totally agree that the foreword sucked ass, just can't believe Mike said it....guess his circle wasn't small enough huh?

Posted by: walk like a man ()
Date: June 25, 2014 11:29AM

peekza Wrote:
> Intractable Insobriety Wrote:
> -----
> > For you non-listeners:
> >
> > Monday night, Mike dines with Oscar; they skip
> > dessert. They walk around town a bit, and walk
> > right past a Haagen-Dazs without stopping
> (Oscar
> > was proud of Mike). LFF (without Carla for the
> > night) confesses that when he returned to his
> > hotel, he got a super size Nutty Buddy, then 2
> > hours later, a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar
> ...
> > and some Pepperidge Farm cookies. (LFF: "I'm
> not
> > going to Good Guys or havin' a cocktail, so
> > Daddy's going to have some sugar!")
> >
> > For those scoring at home, those little snacks
> > were 820 calories and 56 grams of fat for good
> 'ol
> > Mike.
>
>
> Didn't you hear though? He's gonna walk it off
> today...It will only take about 6 or so miles...

It should work, unless that walk takes him past any ice cream shops.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:30AM

peekza Wrote:
> I get why Oscar is there....Mike has always had a
> handler at appearances...But seriously....Why does
> Robb need to make an appearance too? His
> performance on the Junkies reminded me of Ronick
> on the Failcast....He just kept making agreeable
> noises to let everyone know that he was
> there....Oscar and Mike were DC radio
> celebrities...Robb was 2nd producer and 3rd Mic on
> a failed show that ran a year...WTF? He is ratings
> cancer....he only takes away from anything he is
> present during...He has the WORST sense of timing
> and comedy is 90% timing!

Rob probably had to drive after yesterday's ride in Oscar's car.

Posted by: LoLBamaLover ()
Date: June 25, 2014 11:31AM

Duck Dynasty Wrote:
> Mike's take on drunks reminds me of assholes like
> Phil Robertson who spend most of their lives
> drinking, drugging, running around on their
> wives...generally being pricks...and then the
> second they "find Jesus" they become pious
> assholes judging everyone else.

You remind me of assholes like Anthony Weiner who spend most of their lives running around on their wives....generally being libs....and have to put down anyone who tries to live a good life and may fail at times.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:35AM

peekza Wrote:
> I get why Oscar is there....Mike has always had a
> handler at appearances...But seriously....Why does
> Robb need to make an appearance too? His
> performance on the Junkies reminded me of Ronick
> on the Failcast....He just kept making agreeable
> noises to let everyone know that he was
> there....Oscar and Mike were DC radio
> celebrities...Robb was 2nd producer and 3rd Mic on
> a failed show that ran a year...WTF? He is ratings
> cancer....he only takes away from anything he is
> present during...He has the WORST sense of timing
> and comedy is 90% timing!

Spewak sees himself as a comedy version of a backup singer in 20 Feet From Stardom. As in the film, it's just been bad luck or circumstances that he has not hit it as big as the guy he follows around.

But if you're Spewak's and O'Meara's size, it's more like 40 feet. 20 feet would mean they'd be right on top of each other.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:35AM

LoLBamaLover Wrote:
> Duck Dynasty Wrote:
> -----
> > Mike's take on drunks reminds me of assholes
> like
> > Phil Robertson who spend most of their lives
> > drinking, drugging, running around on their
> > wives...generally being pricks...and then the
> > second they "find Jesus" they become pious
> > assholes judging everyone else.
>
> You remind me of assholes like Anthony Weiner who
> spend most of their lives running around on their
> wives....generally being libs....and have to put
> down anyone who tries to live a good life and may
> fail at times.

WTF are you talking about?

Date: June 25, 2014 11:36AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> peekza Wrote:
> -----
> > I get why Oscar is there....Mike has always had
> a
> > handler at appearances...But seriously....Why
> does
> > Robb need to make an appearance too? His
> > performance on the Junkies reminded me of
> Ronick
> > on the Failcast....He just kept making
> agreeable
> > noises to let everyone know that he was
> > there....Oscar and Mike were DC radio
> > celebrities...Robb was 2nd producer and 3rd Mic
> on
> > a failed show that ran a year...WTF? He is
> ratings
> > cancer....he only takes away from anything he
> is
> > present during...He has the WORST sense of
> timing
> > and comedy is 90% timing!
>
> Rob probably had to drive after yesterday's ride
> in Oscar's car.

good point Bubby

Date: June 25, 2014 11:42AM

walk like a man Wrote:
> peekza Wrote:
> -----
> > Intractable Insobriety Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > For you non-listeners:
> > >
> > > Monday night, Mike dines with Oscar; they
> skip
> > > dessert. They walk around town a bit, and
> walk
> > > right past a Haagen-Dazs without stopping
> > (Oscar
> > > was proud of Mike). LFF (without Carla for
> the
> > > night) confesses that when he returned to his
> > > hotel, he got a super size Nutty Buddy, then
> 2
> > > hours later, a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar
> > ...
> > > and some Pepperidge Farm cookies. (LFF: "I'm
> > not
> > > going to Good Guys or havin' a cocktail, so
> > > Daddy's going to have some sugar!")
> > >
> > > For those scoring at home, those little
> snacks
> > > were 820 calories and 56 grams of fat for
> good
> > 'ol
> > > Mike.
> >
> >
> > Didn't you hear though? He's gonna walk it off
> > today...It will only take about 6 or so
> miles...
>
> It should work, unless that walk takes him past
> any ice cream shops.

Mike couldn't walk 6 miles in the same day to LITERALLY save his life

Date: June 25, 2014 11:42AM

Here's a link to the Mike appearances:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/category/280023/good-day-dc#axzz2vhJK9z6F

Note that there are 2 videos. The 6:25 one is the first segment and the 6:11 is the second. Fat Rob's hacky joke is in the 6:11 vid starting around 3:12.

Date: June 25, 2014 11:43AM

> peekza Wrote:
> -----
> > I get why Oscar is there....Mike has always had
> a
> > handler at appearances...But seriously....Why
> does
> > Robb need to make an appearance too? His
> > performance on the Junkies reminded me of
> Ronick
> > on the Failcast....He just kept making
> agreeable
> > noises to let everyone know that he was
> > there....Oscar and Mike were DC radio
> > celebrities...Robb was 2nd producer and 3rd Mic
> on
> > a failed show that ran a year...WTF? He is
> ratings
> > cancer....he only takes away from anything he
> is
> > present during...He has the WORST sense of
> timing
> > and comedy is 90% timing!
>
> Spewak sees himself as a comedy version of a
> backup singer in 20 Feet From Stardom. As in the
> film, it's just been bad luck or circumstances
> that he has not hit it as big as the guy he
> follows around.
>
> But if you're Spewak's and O'Meara's size, it's
> more like 40 feet. 20 feet would mean they'd be
> right on top of each other.

That's just sad

Date: June 25, 2014 11:43AM

LoLBamaLover Wrote:
> Duck Dynasty Wrote:
> -----
> > Mike's take on drunks reminds me of assholes
> like
> > Phil Robertson who spend most of their lives
> > drinking, drugging, running around on their
> > wives...generally being pricks...and then the
> > second they "find Jesus" they become pious
> > assholes judging everyone else.
>
> You remind me of assholes like Anthony Weiner who
> spend most of their lives running around on their
> wives....generally being libs....and have to put
> down anyone who tries to live a good life and may
> fail at times.

Mike, trying to live a good life. That's rich.

Posted by: HaHaPwnt ()
Date: June 25, 2014 11:44AM

> LoLBamaLover Wrote:
> -----
> > Duck Dynasty Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Mike's take on drunks reminds me of assholes
> > like
> > > Phil Robertson who spend most of their lives
> > > drinking, drugging, running around on their
> > > wives...generally being pricks...and then the
> > > second they "find Jesus" they become pious
> > > assholes judging everyone else.
> >
> > You remind me of assholes like Anthony Weiner
> who
> > spend most of their lives running around on
> their
> > wives....generally being libs....and have to
> put
> > down anyone who tries to live a good life and
> may
> > fail at times.
>
> Mike, trying to live a good life. That's rich.

LOL that's true!

Date: June 25, 2014 11:49AM

AndromedaGal Wrote:
> Fat Rob's hacky joke

Redundant

Date: June 25, 2014 11:50AM

Mike lied in the video and said terrestrial TMOS lasted a year or two after D&M...it lasted what? 10 months? 12 months? 13 at the most...What an obvious lie to anybody that listened

Pages: PreviousFirst...404405406407408409410411412413414...LastNext
Current Page: 409 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.