HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...403404405406407408409410411412413...LastNext
Current Page: 408 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: LFF's business Mgr Oscar ()
Date: June 22, 2014 06:59PM

So, the book signing will generate no sales. The only money flowing will be out, from Jimmy's pocket, to feed and water the TMOS gang. The 30-50 people who show up will have already purchased the book. Maybe half in Kindle, the rest divided between hardcover and paper? So, the gang will sign 15-25 books. That should take 20 minutes. Then everyone can look at each other.

Hence the begging to buy more copies. If people bring 2 books, then they'll only have to kill an hour and a half after they're all signed. Spewak, break out your plaid jacket. You'll be tasked with entertaining the clubbers. And at least one bored, takibg-the-bullet FFXU'er passing as such.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Clubbers ()
Date: June 22, 2014 07:02PM

The event is a party, to thank the faithful TMOS fans. It will be great. At least to us.

Date: June 22, 2014 07:33PM

... Regardless of what it is actually like!

Posted by: bubbyman ()
Date: June 22, 2014 07:34PM

Clubbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The event is a party, to thank the faithful TMOS
> fans. It will be great. At least to us.

Since you said it's a party, why is it being promoted as a signing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2014 07:35PM by bubbyman.

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: June 22, 2014 07:53PM

I looked at the TMOS website to see how they promote it, didn't see anything about it there...

If it's a signing without books, then I'm at a loss for words...

See what I did there?

Date: June 22, 2014 08:18PM

It's got to be on Jimmy's June calendar, though, right?

http://www.jimmystavern.com/images/june-2014-calendar.jpg

or maybe upcoming events?

http://www.jimmystavern.com/upcoming-events.html

Posted by: Hollywood ()
Date: June 22, 2014 08:22PM

Hey Mike, four months deep in sobriety, while congratulations is due on taking the first steps, it's probably a little early on in your recovery to call (fellow) alcoholics, "drunks."

Get some time under your belt before you go around judging others. How about let's round down and say... never?

Date: June 22, 2014 08:25PM

Mike you've had enough alcohol related incidents in your 40+ years of drinking alcoholically that it's gonna take a little more than four months sober before you can go around judging others. In reality, based on your past behavior it would take at least five lifetimes before you should even think these judgmental thoughts, let alone say them out loud.

Sometimes you really disgust me. Of all the people out there to judge others for having a drinking problem. You should be ashamed. Go to AA and talk to an old timer: four months ain't shit.

Date: June 22, 2014 08:33PM

well adjusted Wrote:
> I looked at the TMOS website to see how they
> promote it, didn't see anything about it there...
>
> If it's a signing without books, then I'm at a
> loss for words...
>
>
>
> See what I did there?

It's BYOB. Bring Your Own (damn) Book. We're not.

Posted by: Forensic linguist wannabe ()
Date: June 22, 2014 08:45PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Mike has taken the "it's all about me" tour back
> to DC, Arlington Cemetery to be exact. I
> espescially like the quick contradiction of
> everyone should go, but it's not for tourists
> aspect.

"So with all respect, STFU" seems like a contradiction, also.

Based on my analysis so far, it looks like Mike's profile will include the phrase "pretentious dick."

Date: June 22, 2014 09:32PM

Mike was ticked by several, "It's so nice you're bringing your daughter and grandchild" comments today.

Posted by: reality chick ()
Date: June 22, 2014 11:49PM

No Mike you don't visit Arlington cemetery often. You just don't. Nobody does. What a fraud. Unreal...

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: June 23, 2014 12:13AM

408...Semper Fat...
Attachments:
Drunk Ass Karaoke.jpg

Posted by: Oh The Humanity ()
Date: June 23, 2014 08:37AM

Just a couple of observations:
1.) It is consistent for Mike to be a total hypocrite with respect to this short stint of sobriety. Criticizing others with the same faults he has is just par for the course for him. Instead of having empathy, Mike has nothing but disdain for those with a similar life experience as him. Way to learn a lesson there, Mike.
2.) I too call bullshit on Mike's claim to visit Arlington regularly. It just feels like another gratuitous attempt by Mike to demonstrate what a good person he is because he supports the military, law enforcement, etc.... I bet you could listen to the last decade of shows and maybe hear him mention visiting Arlington one other time, if that.
3.) I don't pretend to understand anything about Enzo-gate so I will just say wtf

Posted by: Former Fat Person ()
Date: June 23, 2014 08:43AM

As a former fat person, Mike is now pretending to be a former drunk person. It's pretty obvious his attempt at sobriety is not part of some larger mental health program. Former alcoholics who have been through such programs are typically not judgmental and certainly don't make a point of testing their sobriety by hanging out in bars.

Date: June 23, 2014 08:52AM

Former Fat Person Wrote:
> Former alcoholics who have
> been through such programs are typically not
> judgmental and certainly don't make a point of
> testing their sobriety by hanging out in bars.

^^^THIS^^^

Date: June 23, 2014 08:54AM

Oh The Humanity Wrote:
> 1.) It is consistent for Mike to be a total
> hypocrite with respect to this short stint of
> sobriety. Criticizing others with the same faults
> he has is just par for the course for him.
> Instead of having empathy, Mike has nothing but
> disdain for those with a similar life experience
> as him. Way to learn a lesson there, Mike.

And ^^^THIS^^^

Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: June 23, 2014 09:11AM

Oh The Humanity Wrote:
> 3.) I don't pretend to understand anything about
> Enzo-gate so I will just say wtf

PLEASE let us not call it that. It's not like this was some cataclysmic event in FFXU history. This is a 60 year old stain named Jeff that gets his jollies off watching people in a thread react to him.

On a totally unrelated note, isn't it interesting that TMOS hasn't promoted that background check sponsor lately? Can we safely assume that sponsor punched out?

Posted by: jhopkins ()
Date: June 23, 2014 09:15AM

Study after study has shown how to get sober:
1) figure out that a substance is causing your life to be unmanageable (usually this requires hitting a bottom)

2) make the choice for yourself that you want to stop

3) get into treatment (smart, AA, private, etc)

4) until the cravings go away, remove the temptation

Getting clean is very difficult but it isn't rocket science

The LFF isn't following the path of the people that figured this out already, and it likely won't work for him

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: June 23, 2014 09:22AM

Mike didn't make the choice.

Carla made the choice and gave an ultimatum and moved the family to get Mike out of his environment.

Because of this, it'll never work.

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 09:32AM

Lots of negativity about the old news that Mike is taking a break from drinking. I support whatever positive changes the gang wants to make. Especially if it improves the show.

Date: June 23, 2014 09:36AM

Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> Lots of negativity about the old news that Mike is
> taking a break from drinking. I support whatever
> positive changes the gang wants to make.
> Especially if it improves the show.

All it does for me is make me glad I stopped drinking once I got out of high school. Sounds like a constant struggle.

Date: June 23, 2014 10:11AM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
>
> On a totally unrelated note, isn't it interesting
> that TMOS hasn't promoted that background check
> sponsor lately? Can we safely assume that sponsor
> punched out?

I was thinking the same thing this weekend, the last ad I remember from them was the day after the FFXU rant. Maybe Mike or Rob sent them a copy thinking they would love being talked about for 30 minutes, and they got to hear all the misinformation and degradation of their business.

Posted by: Daily Viewer ()
Date: June 23, 2014 10:55AM

I think they did ads for the background people for at least the week following that discussion. I remember that much at least.

Date: June 23, 2014 10:58AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > On a totally unrelated note, isn't it
> interesting
> > that TMOS hasn't promoted that background check
> > sponsor lately? Can we safely assume that
> sponsor
> > punched out?
>
>
> I was thinking the same thing this weekend, the
> last ad I remember from them was the day after the
> FFXU rant. Maybe Mike or Rob sent them a copy
> thinking they would love being talked about for 30
> minutes, and they got to hear all the
> misinformation and degradation of their business.

I always assumed that the sponsor heard the episode where they discussed using it and canceled their affiliate contract with TMOS

Date: June 23, 2014 10:59AM

Daily Viewer Wrote:
> I think they did ads for the background people for
> at least the week following that discussion. I
> remember that much at least.

It certainly didn't go as long as the Weight-not scam

Date: June 23, 2014 12:27PM

O'MearaCast:

TMOS clubber Will Johnson on the Club: I have really fallen down on my admin duties there; I don't know why. We had some problems in there with some people from a certain unnamed hate group infiltrating and it just got to be too much. A certain Ichabod Crane wanted to make sure that we were a lot more careful about who we let in and who was there. And I'm like, 'OK, you're never going to keep out the haters' and now it's, 'OK, well, we don't wanna let anybody in unless we've talked to them and made sure they know what they're talking about' but even that's not gonna keep out the haters 'cause they listen more intently than we do and so I kinda punched out.

Marcus: I don't know why you guys go through such struggles. Look, people are gonna hate. If nothing else, just delete 'em. Or bump them out when it happens. But there's no reason to put up a guard at the closed door of the TMOS fan club and say, "Sorry, you can't come in" because we're trying to protect everybody.

WJ: There are 3 of us who are moderators. There is one, the aforementioned Ichabod (Hi, Steven), who started the thing and he's the owner, and then he made a couple of us moderators as well to sorta help out. So, I think for the most part we follow his lead, 'cause it was his deal. And, I don't know, like I said, I go back and forth on it. On the one hand, I hate to see people ...
MC: The haters come out in force and hate, and you're never gonna be able to stop it, it's not possible, so why bother, just take control of the content. If somebody says something stupid, you have the power to remove it, but why bother with the pillboxes at the door?

WJ: And that's what we should have done. And it was, chalk it up to, I haven't done a lot of moderating before, and I just, you know, made a mistake, you know, trying to figure out how best to keep the stuff... I don't even mind negative stuff, I hate negative stuff that's made just to be negative. ... I've made my fair share of comments about things I didn't particularly like about one show or another or something I didn't think was good, or 'Hey, somebody's off their game.' As fans, we've all got opinions. As fans, they're worth about as much as, you know, anyone's opinion is, but nevertheless, you know, we have opinions, we express the opinions. I just don't like it when somebody comes in and, like the 'LFF' stuff. I mean, you know, that has no place, you know it, it, you're not actually giving any constructive criticism, you're not, you're just there saying, 'Hey look, I can be here and piss on the rest of you who are enjoying this thing.' I don't like that.

Then, the invitation! The gauntlet is thrown down!

WJ to MC: If you really want to raise the ratings of O'MearaCast, I think you need to start seeing if you can solicit some FFU members to come be a co-host for a week.

MC: Look, if anybody wants to come on the show, I don't care what they're associated with, come on the show. If you happen to be a hater, come on the show and I dare you to come talk about it. Because, look, this place, as far as I'm concerned, free speech is free speech. And we're gonna talk about it, and if I don't like something, I'm gonna tell ya, I don't like it.

Date: June 23, 2014 12:31PM

Oh shit.

Certa, that was a brilliant move....

Right off the bat, if I were to go on the show, first thing I'd do is rip apart that part where he got his ass ripped on the air. THat should be a great point of discussion. Then I'd ask why promotion of the MORE network suddenly became a thing after years of completely ignoring the other shows...

The questions write THEMSELVES people!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 12:33PM by Curious Bob Hope.

Date: June 23, 2014 12:39PM

I don't know whether he knows this or not, or didn't want to appear to be overly knowledgeable about this site, but there are a good number of Certa supporters here.

Date: June 23, 2014 12:42PM

Thanks for the transcript II. I think it really is an honest invitation. The only problem I see is that if someone were to go on there unprepared for anything it would be easy to make it look like people here are just haters and don't have genuine concerns about the show.
I will say that Will Johnson has it right though, who wouldn't listen to it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 12:42PM by bubbyman.

Date: June 23, 2014 12:45PM

Really, just by you posting it has increased his downloads by at least one, I'm downloading now to hear for myself.

Posted by: Shecky Spewak ()
Date: June 23, 2014 01:00PM

Headd looks around desperately for affirmation that he's presenting another gem from his tired and stale audio vault. "Mike, are you listening? Oscar?" "ANYBODY?? Hey I am a professional broadcaster wearing a hip Ghostbusters t-shirt, size XXXXXXXL, dammit!"
Attachments:
egghead.JPG

Date: June 23, 2014 01:29PM

As always, nice work Sheck

Posted by: This Day in O'Meara ()
Date: June 23, 2014 01:48PM

Roger that Wrote:
> Don is it now. I'm done listening to TMOS for
> good now that I have heard Don for a couple of
> days. Bye bye TMOS - you were 'king of' fun
> whuile it lasted, but you have lost/will lose
> listeners to a better product.

Date: June 23, 2014 01:49PM

Haha, those faces say it all!

Date: June 23, 2014 01:54PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Really, just by you posting it has increased his
> downloads by at least one, I'm downloading now to
> hear for myself.

Warning, probably unnecessary re. Mr. Johnson -- I am not a hater but he's turned me into one, for I now hate him after listening to the podcast. I have absolutely no constructive criticism for him other than to say he should never appear on any broadcast in any form whatsoever, from now until the end of his days.

Date: June 23, 2014 01:59PM

OK, too much vitriol. Intense dislike.

Posted by: Not a P1 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 02:00PM

Daily Viewer Wrote:
> I wonder if Robb's lack of attention to business
> details (Did you hear his take on book sales?!? He
> really doesn't seem to care, as long as they can
> play radio.) extended to his tenure as a producer.
> Mike seemed to hint at that. If that's the case,
> his sucking up really did save his ass. Went from
> intern to "best friend" to Don and now the
> "funniest guy" Mike knows.

I think that it's a safe bet that most of Robb's "producer" time was spent assembling audio montages and general clean-up. Beth-Ann was terrible in on-mic stuff, but she did at least try to get guests for the show, which puts her way ahead of Robb.

I think Beth-Ann understood that, yes, you have to take the 9 B or C grade guests and have fun with them to get the one A grade.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:22PM

I'm tired of Mike crying out for "civility." The irony. Whether you are a fan, supporter, or hater, it's got to be obvious that Mike has some sort of issue dealing with others in public.

Posted by: Civil Rights ()
Date: June 23, 2014 02:29PM

Confronting total strangers in a restaurant for not fawning over your kids is about as uncivil as it gets.

Posted by: Daily Viewer ()
Date: June 23, 2014 02:58PM

You know, if it wasn't for Mike's track record of public "me-ness" I would support his Arlington activities. Doesn't seem like he was out of control.

They must've complimented his kids.

Posted by: jophkins ()
Date: June 23, 2014 03:03PM

Just FB msg'ed O'Meracast.

Let's see if he is willing to try this.

Date: June 23, 2014 03:15PM

jophkins Wrote:
> Just FB msg'ed O'Meracast.
>
> Let's see if he is willing to try this.

I'm sure you've got plenty to talk about already, but if you want to brainstorm topics to discuss I'd be happy to help.

Date: June 23, 2014 03:47PM

Civil Rights Wrote:
> Confronting total strangers in a restaurant for
> not fawning over your kids is about as uncivil as
> it gets.

So now we get lessons in civility from a man who threw a suitcase at his pregnant wife? Shitting yourself in a Dr's office is about as uncivil as you get.

Date: June 23, 2014 03:48PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> jophkins Wrote:
> -----
> > Just FB msg'ed O'Meracast.
> >
> > Let's see if he is willing to try this.
>
>
> I'm sure you've got plenty to talk about already,
> but if you want to brainstorm topics to discuss
> I'd be happy to help.

Ditto

Date: June 23, 2014 04:25PM

Ringing endorsement.

Attachments:
image.jpg

Date: June 23, 2014 04:27PM

Jesus, I read that in Dennis Murphy's ridiculous voice. Way to add in TMOS as an afterthought, Dennis.

"I watched the gas gauge."
Posted by: Ridiculous ()
Date: June 23, 2014 04:30PM

How much does it cost to rent a boat in Maine for a week vs. buy a boat trailor in Florida, rent a SUV to tow it 1700 miles at 11 m.p.g., keep the SUV for 7 weeks, then tow the boat 1700 miles back to Ft. Myers, replace all the studio equipment that will be stolen out of the boat when Mike stops overnight and is too tired to transfer it into the hotel room.

Re: "I watched the gas gauge."
Date: June 23, 2014 04:35PM

It's almost as if he's a pol in charge of taxpayers' money. Here's a compliment, Mike: thank God you went into radio.

Posted by: Sign ()
Date: June 23, 2014 04:35PM

And pay $50 a month to store the trailer....

Posted by: News I've Never Needed ()
Date: June 23, 2014 04:39PM

Is there any way to take the kindle version of the book and make it a pdf, or something like that? I'd love to show up to the "party" with a print out of the book and ask for them to sign it.

Date: June 23, 2014 04:47PM

PDF?

Good question...I have the prime on loan version, give me a bit and I'll see what I can do with it

Date: June 23, 2014 04:50PM

I'd love to brainstorm

If I get on the show, I'll open up a google hangout and live broadcast it to that and you all can meat puppet the shit out of me

Date: June 23, 2014 05:05PM

Listening to today's Opening...Kudos Oscar for getting Real-Real with Rob about Friday's AV

Date: June 23, 2014 05:14PM

I give you guys so much credit, I couldn't get past 35%, it was just pure fan wanking...

The book was so horrible!

Date: June 23, 2014 05:16PM

Ridiculous Wrote:
> How much does it cost to rent a boat in Maine for
> a week vs. buy a boat trailor in Florida, rent a
> SUV to tow it 1700 miles at 11 m.p.g., keep the
> SUV for 7 weeks, then tow the boat 1700 miles back
> to Ft. Myers, replace all the studio equipment
> that will be stolen out of the boat when Mike
> stops overnight and is too tired to transfer it
> into the hotel room.

What does he care? He'll just fleece his tards errr fanklub for more $

Date: June 23, 2014 06:30PM

The book isn't an easy read.

Especially when you realize it is not a put on. That it is 100% straight forward.

Poorly written, yes. Boring, yes. Avoids anything interesting, yes. Insight to the failcast, yes.

Reading the book will give you a sad

Date: June 23, 2014 06:35PM

jhopkins Wrote:
> I'd love to brainstorm
>
> If I get on the show, I'll open up a google
> hangout and live broadcast it to that and you all
> can meat puppet the shit out of me

Let me know when, I'll want in too.

Posted by: Puzzy Riot ()
Date: June 23, 2014 06:55PM

Noted with interest: back on the Don & Mike Show, Fat Drunk Baby was always the champion of truckers, the ""lifeblood of America" and shit like that. Now that he's had to drive his big boy 22 foot truck out among them, and he probably wasn't comfortable behind the wheel of his rental, truck drivers are of the devil. Fuck this guy.

Disappointing, because first responders, cops, soldiers, truckers and DJs are cut from the same cloth.

Agree with whoever recommended renting a boat in Maine. Have we ever heard about him using the boat in Florida? You have to sell for house for financial reasons and you keep the boat? That's not champ thinking.

Posted by: Arc of the Champ ()
Date: June 23, 2014 07:01PM

It's all been seen before. Someone comes in and says "morning zoo" over and over. Then they invent a persona for themselves. This persona is all about being superior. Then they threaten. Then they say "heheh, guys, it was all a joke! I pwned you, made the site all about me!" Then they backpedal, then (with joss) they go away, but not before someone finds pictures of his transexual partner.

And Puzzy Riot (how clever to call him "Pussy" right?) is still waiting for his profile. It's like Al Bundy's pizza that never came.

Date: June 23, 2014 07:10PM

He as much as admitted today he bought the boat with money from the house sale as well as financing the trip to Maine this year. He said that If he didn't have that money he wouldn't have the boat or be making such a big trip. Makes sense to me to take what could possibly be the last large sum of money you get and throw a bunch of it into a hole in the water and then waste more dragging that hole 1600 miles each way to put it in the water in another part of the ocean for a few weeks.

He also discussed his Arlington trip, this was the first time he'd been there in 5 years and he had to monitor the other visitors, later he said that there are soldiers assigned to the cemetery to maintain the noise level, and he even saw some of them reminding people to be quieter. So Mike, the soldier's friend, was basically saying they weren't doing a good enough job and he had to step in I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 07:13PM by bubbyman.

Date: June 23, 2014 07:14PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> He as much as admitted today he bought the boat
> with money from the house sale as well as
> financing the trip to Maine this year. He said
> that If he didn't have that money he wouldn't have
> the boat or be making such a big trip. Makes sense
> to me to take what could possibly be the last
> large sum of money you get and throw a bunch of it
> into a hole in the water and then waste more
> dragging that hole 1600 miles each way to put it
> in the water in another part of the ocean for a
> few weeks.
>
> He also discussed his Arlington trip, this was the
> first time he'd been there in 5 years and he had
> to monitor the other visitors, later he said that
> there are sodiers assigned to the cemetery to
> maintain the noise level, and he even saw some of
> them reminding people to be quieter. So Mike, the
> soldier's friend, was basically saying they
> weren't doing a good enough job and he had to step
> in I guess.

I think a thorough raping would do him a world of good. The problem is not alcohol.

Date: June 23, 2014 07:18PM

First time in five years? Yet he visits often. Fuck this guy. He's not fit to sniff my jock.

Date: June 23, 2014 07:20PM

I'd love to spend an hour with the FDB, in order to validate my assumptions

He wasn't underwater on the Vic

He makes more off the failcast, enough that once his ego is out of the way and he realizes that radio isn't an option, that 2 hours of work isn't bad for what the failcast makes

His drinking and why he stopped

That he thinks LPS sucks, but it is willing to do most of the work, so fuck it

Ronic called him on taking $ and FDB freaked

The only reason Oscar is around is because he pitched the idea and likely wrote it into the contract

Date: June 23, 2014 07:35PM

jhopkins Wrote:
> I'd love to spend an hour with the FDB, in order
> to validate my assumptions
>
> He wasn't underwater on the Vic

He sold it for less than he paid for it. Is that not the definition of "underwater" for the layman?

> He makes more off the failcast, enough that once
> his ego is out of the way and he realizes that
> radio isn't an option, that 2 hours of work isn't
> bad for what the failcast makes

Clearly he has plenty of cashflow, but the sale of the Vic may be the last gasp,

> His drinking and why he stopped

Looks like we all think "ultimatum" but if you have a different idea, let's hear it.

> That he thinks LPS sucks, but it is willing to do
> most of the work, so fuck it

Respectfully disagree. Unlike Don, Fat Rob was willing to work with Fuckwaddle. Remember he said he was hurt that Don was doing shows without him. To quote the great Rigdon Dees: "Would you? Could you?" Fuck yeah!

> Ronic called him on taking $ and FDB freaked

You may have something there.

> The only reason Oscar is around is because he
> pitched the idea and likely wrote it into the
> contract

Or...Oscar with one "R" is around because they need one smart person in the room. And he has a hot girlfriend they can be creepy to - "Shannon, we're so glad you're in our lives" Really, fellas?

Date: June 23, 2014 07:44PM

I think by underwater he was using the value vs owed model, not paid vs sold. so if Mike(while he still had plenty of money) had made a large enough down payment, he still could have gotten a lot back out at the sale.

Date: June 23, 2014 08:15PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> I think by underwater he was using the value vs
> owed model, not paid vs sold. so if Mike(while he
> still had plenty of money) had made a large enough
> down payment, he still could have gotten a lot
> back out at the sale.

I appreciate your using the correct definiton, but remember we're talking about Fuckwaddle here. He often said he was "underwater" but I don't think he was using the correct definition.

Date: June 23, 2014 08:17PM

And remember most of your early mortgage payments are interest, so regardless of the downpayment (and do we really think he would have made a larger than necessary downpayment?) there would be a substantial amount of principal owed.

Posted by: Sheckyy Spewak ()
Date: June 23, 2014 08:35PM

peekza Wrote:
> Listening to today's Opening...Kudos Oscar for
> getting Real-Real with Rob about Friday's AV

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present for your intellectual and philosophical pleasure, Rob Spewak: the man with the thinnest skin in all of radio, er, podcasting...and perhaps in the entire world!

Here is a capture from Friday's show when LFF and Oscar were giving total shit to Headd after his endless tribute montage to Gerry Goffen. As usual, Headd took the ribbing directed toward him very well, with total understanding and great humor (cough, cough).

(Oh, and please note the new spelling of my first name. I've changed it for entertainment purposes. That's Sheckyy, with two y's. I hope my daughter's kindergarten yearbook doesn't fuck it up. It ain't that hard, folks!)
Attachments:
fuktard1.jpg

Date: June 23, 2014 08:39PM

I meant the way jhopkins was using it, I'd never expect Mike to know the difference. As Rob likes to say, it's easy to say things when you've never researched the topic.

Date: June 23, 2014 08:40PM

Sheckyy Spewak Wrote:
> peekza Wrote:
> -----
> > Listening to today's Opening...Kudos Oscar for
> > getting Real-Real with Rob about Friday's AV
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, may I present for your
> intellectual and philosophical pleasure, Rob
> Spewak: the man with the thinnest skin in all of
> radio, er, podcasting...and perhaps in the entire
> world!
>
> Here is a capture from Friday's show when LFF and
> Oscar were giving total shit to Headd after his
> endless tribute montage to Gerry Goffen. As usual,
> Headd took the ribbing directed toward him very
> well, with total understanding and great humor
> (cough, cough).
>
> (Oh, and please note the new spelling of my first
> name. I've changed it for entertainment purposes.
> That's Sheckyy, with two y's. I hope my daughter's
> kindergarten yearbook doesn't fuck it up. It ain't
> that hard, folks!)

Have you had your driver's license changed yet?

Posted by: What is it about dudes and bikes ()
Date: June 23, 2014 08:47PM

Are we still posting pics of ourselves? I just wish I had my extra special watch on when this one was taken.
Attachments:
once a champ always a champ.jpg

Date: June 23, 2014 09:36PM

What is it about dudes and bikes Wrote:
> Are we still posting pics of ourselves? I just
> wish I had my extra special watch on when
> this one was taken.

Nope...much like Icarus, Enzo flew too close to the Sun and his wings melted...

Date: June 23, 2014 09:56PM

Mike the US World Cup fan -- he tunes into the last 10 mins of yesterday's game and bitches that they ruined it for him.

Date: June 23, 2014 10:05PM

One of my least favorite O'Mearaisms, and there's quite a few, is "Swimming in lake Me." But I have to admit it applies so well to him.

Date: June 23, 2014 10:35PM

Looks like I'll be a guest on omearacast

I guess, I didn't do a good job in my last post, my apologies.

By underwater, I meant owed vs value. Yes, I understand LFF said underwater and he meant price paid vs market value. Clearly, he had equity in it.

I'm sure Carla said me and the baby or booze, choose. He picked Carla and the baby, because he knows his days of making 7 figures are over and this is the last shot he will get at a woman out if his league. I just want the fat piece of shit to admit it.

No, you are wrong. The reason LFF keeps the LPS around is the LPS stokes the LFF's ego and does most of the work. The LFF doesn't think he is funny, it is just easier and when you are hung over and can get a minion to do your work...

Oscar isn't smart. He is very stupid. Sure his current GF is hot, the previous one was way, way hotter and he knows it. There is no reason for TMOS to have Oscar. If you remember, in the first year Buzz, LFF, and LPS kept reassuring themselves how great of an addition Oscar was. He isn't. So, there must be a reason why he is there. I think he wrote it into the contract, since back then CBS wouldn't let Chad do a podcast and Oscar probably thought it was his best chance at still playing radio.

Posted by: downbound ()
Date: June 23, 2014 10:49PM

got this screen capture from a site called webtartula? or something...typed in TMOS and found this chart. Here's the thing, I'm not super web sluethy so I don't know if this is accurate or if it means anything. So I leave it up to more capable hands. I also typed in Dons site but it didn't seem to have a chart, maybe too new?
Attachments:
mom taratula.jpg

Date: June 23, 2014 11:22PM

Not surprising, the quality of an already shitty product suffered greatly by Mike's move to Fla...Ustream numbers have dropped as well...Guess people realized it wasn't the alcohol after all, turns out, Mike is just a shitty person.

Posted by: Mike D ()
Date: June 23, 2014 11:33PM

jhopkins Wrote:

>
> Oscar isn't smart. He is very stupid. Sure his
> current GF is hot, the previous one was way, way
> hotter and he knows it.

Not for nothing but I met Kara her in Arizona when Oscar and her flew back for a meet and greet. She was attractive but a COMPLETE BITCH. Which, as the night pressed on and she was even bitchier, she got less and less attractive by the hour. I was beyond glad when she finally got kicked to the curb because in talking to Oscar in person, he's a pretty decent guy and was very approachable and genial. She acted like the world revolved around her and when men didn't fawn all over her, she copped a serious attitude. What a total cunt.

Posted by: Larry K ()
Date: June 23, 2014 11:41PM

Looks like Oscar will be able to pack a little lighter for Maine.

http://www.nps.gov/news/release.htm?id=1601

Date: June 23, 2014 11:51PM

jhopkins Wrote:
> Looks like I'll be a guest on omearacast
>

Looks like I'm subscribing to omearacast.

Date: June 24, 2014 01:19AM

LFF's false patriotism, cop & soldier love makes me sick.

Date: June 24, 2014 06:39AM

I too can't take "Swimming in Lake Me."

Date: June 24, 2014 07:11AM

Unhinged My Jaw
Hand to God
Literally ...
Land of Suck

Date: June 24, 2014 07:51AM

Never met Kara or Shannon in person, I'm just going by the pix and K >> S in terms of hotness

I'm sure Kara is insufferable as a person, but she is a young hot girl, so she should act like that and get what she can while she is still young and hot.

One of Oscar's problems (aside very being dumb) is he pays for these girls and hence they aren't ever really on equal footing. So, the dumb whore has to carter to him under fear of the $ drying up.

Oscar is in his what mid 30's and he hasn't figured this one out yet? He should while he still has hair.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:02AM

Looks like LFF will be on with the Flunkies around 8:20 this morning...

Date: June 24, 2014 08:06AM

My least favorite LFF saying: "And now, here's Robb."

Date: June 24, 2014 08:30AM

Big bowl of (fill-in-the-blank) meh, OK, suck, etc.

Posted by: Vic-Triolic Hatred ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:58AM

LFF bought the house for $750k. At one point, when the house was valued in the $400ks, he tried to refinance and the bank wouldn't. Between down payment and principal paid down over time, the balance on the mortgage must of been in the $500ks.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:12AM

Show-Woah-Woah.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:15AM

Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
> jhopkins Wrote:
> -----
> > Looks like I'll be a guest on omearacast
> >
>
> Looks like I'm subscribing to omearacast.

This really is a smart move on Certa's part. He's going to get ALL of FFXU to download it (which is what, 50 people? Let's be honest) but even more than that, he's going to introduce conflict. That, more than ANYTHING else, will get people interested. It gives them a cause to rally around.

It's a brilliant move.

Edit: Because I don't need to say the same sentence 3 times. Fuck mornings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 09:15AM by Curious Bob Hope.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:18AM

"Unhinged my jaw" will always and forever be the second worse LFFism.

But "Incidentally..." will always hold top prize for me. It "literally" (LITERALLY - Hi Mike!) makes me want to punch myself in the face.

"People that..." rounds out my top three.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:21AM

I listened to The Marcus Certa Show one time, for about 20 minutes, decided it sucked worse than The LFF/LPS Show, and vowed never to subject myself to that torture again.

Now that FFXUers are to be featured on the "Show-whoa-whoa" I will definitely be breaking that vow.

Let us all hope whoever is featured does not wimp out.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:28AM

Hollywood Wrote:
> I listened to The Marcus Certa Show one time, for
> about 20 minutes, decided it sucked worse than The
> LFF/LPS Show, and vowed never to subject myself to
> that torture again.
>
> Now that FFXUers are to be featured on the
> "Show-whoa-whoa" I will definitely be breaking
> that vow.
>
> Let us all hope whoever is featured does not wimp
> out.

jhopkins had a history of stirring the shit in the Klub. Seems a natural choice to counter Will Johnson bein a dick buffer.

I think a great topic of discussion is the merits of FFXU and why it's actually a positive thing for TMOS.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:49AM

I'm relatively smart and I've been speaking in front of people for 20 some years now and I'm good at picking apart arguments that idiots make.

Yeah, so my plan of action is:
1) Go over the Certa / TMOS blow up and why the fuckwaddle refuses to promote other shows on his network

2) Why the LPS is the way that it is and if that is as terrible to people that work on the show as it is to listeners

3) If TMOS is "transparent" now, why haven't the people that pay the LFF's bills, why haven't we gotten satisfactory answers wrt Buzz and Ronic?

Date: June 24, 2014 09:56AM

Nice!

Posted by: Morphine Morpheus ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:05AM

LFF's numbers have been going down since he started the fight with FFXU. This forum is like the pill in the Matrix that wakes Neo up to reality. The more Klubbers are exposed to it, the more they will realize the TMOS "reality" is a complete sham.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:06AM

jhopkins Wrote:
> I'm relatively smart and I've been speaking in
> front of people for 20 some years now and I'm good
> at picking apart arguments that idiots make.
>
> Yeah, so my plan of action is:
> 1) Go over the Certa / TMOS blow up and why the
> fuckwaddle refuses to promote other shows on his
> network
>
> 2) Why the LPS is the way that it is and if that
> is as terrible to people that work on the show as
> it is to listeners
>
> 3) If TMOS is "transparent" now, why haven't the
> people that pay the LFF's bills, why haven't we
> gotten satisfactory answers wrt Buzz and Ronic?

suggestions -- OWS FAQ of what this forum is about -- former DM fans by and large who want TMOS to be better, we're engaged and simply haven't wandered off -- constructive criticisms made (some adopted: bday segment, cross promotion) that fanclub doesn't make -- some of you formerly paid for TMOS stuff but no longer -- shouldn't TMOS want to know why? -- I really don't care about Buzz/Ronick but that's just me, and I expect it's a one or two sentence explanation -- be the non-Will Johnson in terms of his tone and lack of humor.

since Certa checks in here -- keep some of your powder dry so he's not fully prepared for your points.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:09AM

A fan clubber who was excommunicated and has found FFXU would be a great source of material, jhopkins, if one would contact you.

Posted by: Beecher ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:14AM

There are people from this forum in the Rob and Joe chat room all the time.

Pages: PreviousFirst...403404405406407408409410411412413...LastNext
Current Page: 408 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.