HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Riot police at JMU Springfest!
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 10, 2010 09:53PM

I know a lot of people from the Fairfax area either attend JMU or went down this weekend for Springfest. Take a look at this!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Riot police at JMU Springfest!
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:02PM

What the hell did they set the dumpster on fire for?

Posted by: yay ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:08PM

typical JMU drunks. alcohol is their only cause

Posted by: Kelsey ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:15PM

Really Alcohol is our only cause??? You probably didnt even go to college, and that is not our only cause, JMU is a great school that is well-educated. There were NO student riots, just people having a good time. Yes,I get that police have to be there to ensure safety, but they escaleted everything. I was tear-gased while indoors. Car windows were blown out with tear-gas grenades. They barricaded us from both ends of Forest Hills. They will be sued, and should be ashamed of themselves. We are not criminals, we are simply students enjoying the weather, and I having a good time.

Date: April 10, 2010 10:19PM

Kelsey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really Alcohol is our only cause??? You probably
> didnt even go to college, and that is not our only
> cause, JMU is a great school that is
> well-educated. There were NO student riots, just
> people having a good time. Yes,I get that police
> have to be there to ensure safety, but they
> escaleted everything. I was tear-gased while
> indoors. Car windows were blown out with tear-gas
> grenades. They barricaded us from both ends of
> Forest Hills. They will be sued, and should be
> ashamed of themselves. We are not criminals, we
> are simply students enjoying the weather, and I
> having a good time.

No student riots? What do you call 8,000 drunks setting dumpsters on fire!?

I went to JMU and I can say that it is mostly full of drunks.

Date: April 10, 2010 10:22PM

Kelsey Wrote:
> Really Alcohol is our only cause??? Yes,I get that police
> escaleted everything.I was tear-gased while
> ashamed of themselves.

I guess the dumpster on fire and all the large bonfires were the police's fault too, right?

>JMU is a great school that is well-educated.

What real college do you plan on transferring to? Lots of people go there just to transfer out after two years.

Posted by: Kate ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:24PM

Okay, let's put this into perspective. The Block Party was getting out of hand and the landlords didn't want it happening. Especially when fences start getting ripped out, dumpsters get set on fire, and bottles start to get thrown. The bottom line is, you must listen to the police, especially when they tell you to get off property that is NOT yours, especially when 70& of the people were probably underage anyway. Sorry the party had to end, it happens sometimes. People should have left when the police told them so the first time.

Date: April 10, 2010 10:25PM

The latest story from WHSV Harrisonburg:

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/90544214.html

Police say a block party in Harrisonburg got out of control Saturday afternoon.

Harrisonburg police say around eight thousand people were in the area of Port Republic Road near Forrest Hills.

Officers say the party turned into a civil disturbance and officers in riot gear were called to the scene.

Police say some of those attending the party threw bottles at officers.
Some students were pepper sprayed and police are still determining how many arrests were made.

Officers from Virginia State Police, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office, Staunton Police and the Harrisonburg Fire Department
were on the scene.

Police say not all the attendees were students, but among the students were some who had traveled from other parts of the state to attend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 10:26PM by General Lee.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:25PM

Kelsey Wrote:
> Really Alcohol is our only cause??? You probably
> didnt even go to college, and that is not our only
> cause, JMU is a great school that is
> well-educated. There were NO student riots, just
> people having a good time. Yes,I get that police
> escaleted everything. I was tear-gased while
> ashamed of themselves. We are not criminals, we
> are simply students enjoying the weather, and I
> having a good time.

Shut up and apply with the University of Maryland, you'll actally get credits for this.

Posted by: Nick ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:35PM

All of you shut the hell up. You clearly didnt go here, but wish you did. Sorry that we know how to have the biggest party on the east coast that attracts thousands of people who DON'T go to JMU. You are all idiots, I hate all of you, and talk about Maryland, awesome, NOBODY cares about Maryland. You all suck. WHO CARES ABOUT MARYLAND.

WE do what we want, when we want. There ARE NO FENCES IN FOREST HILLS. if you went here you would know it. Go to hell.

If people stopped inviting their super cool friends here there wouldn't be problems. SHUT UP

Date: April 10, 2010 10:38PM

Wow ,I want to party with Nick...he's the shiznit.

Posted by: Michael Venson ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:43PM

A lawsuit must be filed in the Rockbridge Circuit Court. The police state in Harrisonbug must be addressed ASAP. The children need protections, please hurry and save the children.

Date: April 10, 2010 10:48PM

Nick Wrote:
> All of you shut the hell up. You clearly didnt go
> here, but wish you did. Sorry that we know how to
> have the biggest party on the east coast that
> attracts thousands of people who DON'T go to JMU.
> You are all idiots, I hate all of you, and talk
> about Maryland, awesome, NOBODY cares about
> Maryland. You all suck. WHO CARES ABOUT MARYLAND.
>
>
> WE do what we want, when we want. There ARE NO
> FENCES IN FOREST HILLS. if you went here you would
> know it. Go to hell.
>
> If people stopped inviting their super cool
> friends here there wouldn't be problems. SHUT UP

I'm happy I transferred from JMU so I'm away from dicks like you.

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:49PM

Just looking at the video leds me to believe that most of these "students" are spoiled loosers trying to find some meaning in their pathetic lives. It's really too bad we can't offer the same educational oppurtunity to folks who would appreciate it, instead of these douchebags.

Posted by: cod ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:58PM

Dude it was crazy! the cops charged in with riot shields and stun/flash grenades. lucky I had my UAV up so i realized there were 10 more cops about to enter the yard, so i called in my predator missile which then allowed me to call in my chopper gunner...since it was an octo kill. a nuke might be coming....

Posted by: The Black Man ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:03PM

Can you imagine how people would've reacted if the majority of the students would have been black. You're lucky you only got tear gas!

Posted by: june ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:06PM

JMU is an awesome school....everyone is friendly and SMART

Posted by: General Glee ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:07PM

Harrisonburg Police now estimated that over 1 million people showed up at the riot flocking in from all over the world.

After the Harrisonburg police crew was told they where not allowed to use their crossbows, they had to call in an outside police source who would simply use tear gas.

Harrisonburg police not agreeing with this soon set a dumpster on fire and continued throwing bottles and cans at the visiting police crew.

JMU students watch in horror

Posted by: steve ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:08PM

if there were more black people there, the cops would have charged in with bananas to divert them away....if for some reason that didnt work they probably would have brought in the heavy machinery and started lighting them up.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:18PM

Damn... I'm trying to find where in relation to campus this happened.

edit to add: Down the road past Hunter's Ridge on the left somewhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 11:23PM by pgens.

Posted by: l ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:22PM

you spelled escalated wrong.

Posted by: Student ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:37PM

The events got out of hand because the majority of people attending the festivities this weekend were not jmu students. We have fun while here but are not dumb and out of control. Jmu is getting a bad rep we don't deserve because of irresponsible people visiting in search of a good time. We work hard and play hard at jmu, but we're simply not as irresponsible as our reputation makes us seem.

Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:41PM

Highlander Wrote:
> Wow ,I want to party with Nick...he's the shiznit.

Me too! Nick, let me know when i can visit. Just tell your friends that I'm a super cool guy who likes to get his drink on.

Posted by: rgqadddayhjfd ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:43PM

i went to JMU and transferred out, but although JMU may be full of drunks i am 100% positive that the idiots starting these riots, breaking bottles/windows, were NOT JMU students. if you know anything about springfest you know how many people from other schools/areas come down specifically for the event, and that any JMU student is bound to have friends who live in Forest Hills and aren't going to destroy their friend's property.

Posted by: Holly ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:44PM

I love my school and had a great time at springfest. I was a little dissapointed at some of the behavior. I almost had a bottle smashed on my head.

Posted by: Kathryn ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:46PM

Okay, so I am a student at JMU.. and all this shit being said that JMU isn't a good school... Is complete bullshit!

Yes, we party.. what school doesn't??? BUT that doesn't mean that our school isn't a great place to go academically. JMU has great teachers and classes. JMU is a very competitive school and is hard to get into.

It is completely ludicrous to think that JMU is a bad school, but because of what the students (as well as plenty of other students from what yall say are "real"/ "better" colleges than JMU) do on the weekend.

The events of Springfest today were unfortunate, but DOESN'T mean that JMU is a bad school.

STOP JUDGING THE INSTITUTION FOR WHAT DRUNK PEOPLE DO ESPECIALLY WHEN NOT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE THERE AREN'T JMU STUDENTS!

Posted by: Joe2 ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:47PM

For everyone reading, keep in mind all of the JMU students who are posting ridiculous shit are probably drunk lol this shit went down not to long ago.

Posted by: kathryn ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:55PM

excuse you... I am NOT drunk.. I haven't drank at all today.. NOT EVERYONE who goes here drinks all the damn time.

Posted by: partyanimal ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:59PM

FUCK THE POLICE

Posted by: Matthew ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:00AM

I am at JMU right now, and people are not thinking about this correctly. All schools have crazy idiots who would do something like this while intoxicated. Also, many many schools have weekends of "spring break partying." I was at the University of Richmond for theirs (a very smart private school), and people were also getting belligerently drunk. Some things just happen, and it was unfortunate that it happened at that moment in that area. It could have happened anywhere across the country. JMU is a great school that has a good academics and a very friendly atmosphere.

Posted by: Nathan123 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:08AM

8000 people in a cookie-cutter apartment complex parking lot drunk on cheap beer? Since when was this 'having fun'? Such classy events JMU students have... forget burning the dumpsters, that crowd should have been teargassed just for being lame

Posted by: Head of recruitment ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:10AM

I manage grad recruitment for a fortune 500 company, JMU just dropped way down on the list.

Posted by: T87 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:19AM

You know whats is so wrong with this country????????????????????
The idiotic mentality on drinking all together...Go somewhere in Europe and realize that not a single person gets shit-faced from drinking because they are responsible enough to handle it...You people at JMU are a bunch of morons thinking you are cool because you have your trashy spring fest and dumb ass drinking games but its all good...10 years from now you will realize what a waste of life you people really are!!! I am a JMU student, and I like going out and having a good time but I would never go to a pathetic JMU house or block party and get hammered because that is part of being a low-life, alcoholic JMU student...Congrats!!!! your parents will be really proud of you when they realize they pay for their daughters or sons to get hammered and layed hahhahahahahah

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:21AM

Head of recruitment Wrote:
> I manage grad recruitment for a fortune 500
> company, JMU just dropped way down on the list.

Good. Tell us what company has a recruitment group that really thinks half the undergraduate student body of JMU was there causing trouble so the soon-to-be-grads can point to that fucknut company and say "avoid," and the rest of us can short your stock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 12:21AM by pgens.

Date: April 11, 2010 12:21AM

And by the way FCUK JMU...it freaking sucks!!!!!! Wish I never went to this idiotic school!!!

Posted by: Icepick ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:22AM

People like to throw down at JMU, and this party happens every year. The difference this time was how much this block party was promoted. LOADS of people came from other schools in the area to be here today. And I can promise you, THEY'RE the ones that started the fires, threw molotovs, and all that. JMU students don't want to have their houses burned down. JMU students to not want to burn their friends' houses. But people from other schools come in here having nothing to lose and just go wild. This year saw a bigger non-JMU student crowd than in the past.

Date: April 11, 2010 12:26AM

I dont think that these idiots being pro-JMU realize that companies or grad schools or any institution for that matter give a shit or two whether you were at the block party or not....All they care about is that you went to that school and they will assume you acted like that!!!! I am a JMU student and never did act that way and never will!!! Too bad schools around the country will weigh more the fact that I went to this pathetic school rather than my academic record....Irritates the crap out of me!!!! Why cant a JMU student make a good name for his/her school?!?!?! Because half of them will graduate from this school and become low-life, alcoholics....

Date: April 11, 2010 12:28AM

I am not wasting another second blogging about JMU because it is not worth it...Good luck to all of you JMU lovers!!!! Hope that the JMU degree will get you far in life!!!

Posted by: Head of recruitment ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:29AM

pgens Wrote:
> Head of recruitment Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I manage grad recruitment for a fortune 500
> > company, JMU just dropped way down on the list.
>
> Good. Tell us what company has a recruitment
> group that really thinks half the undergraduate
> student body of JMU was there causing trouble so
> the soon-to-be-grads can point to that fucknut
> company and say "avoid," and the rest of us can
> short your stock.

Would you go to an interview on Monday and be proud of attending?

Posted by: Matty ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:30AM

People, companies will not assume you fight police and throw tear-gas at them because JMU happened to throw a big party in which this happened. Where'd they get the number 8,000 students from? Even if there were that many (there weren't; i was there), and if they were all JMU students, that'd still only be about 25% of the student body. Companies will not refuse to hire you because of this. Fear nothing.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:35AM

You have to enjoy the middle of the video where someone stops to throw the tear gas container back in the police line.

Posted by: Mike Z ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:39AM

Students that can't act responsible while drinking are absolute LOSERS. Anyone else that attends these annual parties with said losers become losers themselves by association. The school should identify said losers and expel them for infringing on the schools so-called integrity and damaging private property. I haven't attended this school, so I can't actually say the school even had integrity, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Some day when they're mommies and daddies aren't paying their tuition and they burden the cost themselves, they'll say... "Why was I such a loser back then?"

Posted by: Nathan123 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:44AM

Yes, I'm sure the students from these nameless 'other schools' weren't at all associated with JMU students and came there independently. Because a party at a complex there wasnt started by JMU students, promoted by JMU students, and attended by any JMU students. Because Harrisonburg is just so much fun.

Give me a break! Part of being an adult is being accountable and responsible. If you organized it, it is your responsibility. Don't invite your friends from 'other schools' if they act like this. And don't act like it doesn't happen EVERY YEAR. You'd think if JMU students were actually concerned (rather than proud of it) they would come up with a more responsible way to promote and partake in the festivities.

Once again: apartment complex parking lot.

Posted by: double stuff ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:46AM

you ARE A fucking ruhtard you dumb bitch! We did nothing wrong except have a good time, maybe your dumb mother would like those gay fucking wanna be cops!!!!! fuck your mother bitch!

Posted by: Hampton ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:01AM

Hampton kids started the riot!

Posted by: GoDukes! ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:05AM

I know that nobody's going to care about my little post here but I just wanted to defend my alma mater. Although I understand that this is a hard situation, I am pretty disappointed in those of you who are hating on your very own school. I am a proud Duke and always will be. Yes, there are those who drink in excess but you'll find those at any school you go to. Yes, there were WAY too many of them in one place. Yes, I think that it's all a little messed up right now. However, I am NOT ashamed that I went there and I will NEVER be ashamed. Incidents happen. JMU has produced incredibly talented students who succeed and go on to do great things. Some students use their time wisely at JMU, some don't. Again, that's how it is at any school you go to. That's no reason to completely cast aside those who did their best and used their time wisely. At JMU students worked hard and played hard. Hate if you want but I am proud of what I learned at JMU and I will always love Harrisonburg. Go Dukes!!!

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:13AM

Nathan I don't think you understand LARGE college keg parties. When I was in college I was in fraternity and we threw some parties with 30 kegs. There was no way in hell we could of known everybody who showed up.

The brothers just basically kicked out the unruly guests. We had several incidents and all of them were from people who did not attend the school. We had one guy pull a knife; Another guy threw a beer bottle at the windshield of a cop car and shattered the window when we were breaking up a party.

(I have to give the cop credit. From a crowd of about 100 people he walked straight threw the crowd and handcuffed the guy who threw the bottle at his car. I talked with the cop the later and asked him how he got the right guy from the crowd. The cops said "I saw his arm go up in the crowd and remembered the yellow shirt. I know I got the right guy.")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 01:15AM by Lurker..

Posted by: Danielle ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:21AM

Condsidering alot of people I know that went were still in high school so why should JMU students get the bad rep.

Posted by: Billy ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:30AM

First of all head of recruitment your a RITARD not Retard, you and your 500 company can kiss me white ass, all of you except for the JMUers who posted are dumb as hell. Block party is nothin but a group of people getting drunk, nothing wrong with that at all! Harrisonburg police are nothing but money hungry red Necks, an for the fat pigs who launched tear gas, way over the line! They are unarmed people no need to go to such an extent. Harrisonburg will get sued because the Jmu community has very very big alumni. So to wrap this up F that cheap,money sucking, good for nothing, jelly donut eating, tear gas launching, harrisonburg police department! Suck it you fat pigs!

Posted by: Kevin Collins ()
Date: April 11, 2010 02:55AM

The authorities reacted as they were trained to do. It is terribly unfortunate that a small minority caused the authorities to act in such a way but such is the way with a group-think style of mentality that was prevalent with what happened this weekend. It was in no way reflective of what James Madison University stands for as an institution but instead what a group of panicked intoxicated college aged (not necessarily JMU students) were thinking at the time. Please do not lump those who were acting responsibly and enjoying themselves AND those small minority who were lashing out irrationally. JMU is a fine institution; the goings on of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County do not reflect the mission James Madison University presents. Again, it is unfortunate that the events of this weekend unfolded as they did, but it would have been the same in any other county/city with the same demographic. The institution of James Madison University did not adversely affect the outcome of this weekends events because of its nature as an institution. If you believe otherwise I would like to hear your thoughts as long as they are well thought out and cogent. k.collins100@gmail.com

Posted by: Haden ()
Date: April 11, 2010 03:08AM

Everyone who says that JMU isn't a "good" school is ignorant and has no clue what they are talking about!!! JMU's business school is in the top 5% of the nation. They also have the best art and music programs in the state, closely followed by VCU. Not to mention other nationally notices and accomplished programs. But I do admit in one way the people who make these ignorant and ridiculous remarks have a point. A prestigious university who doesn't have students who kill themselves "William and Mary" or dress up in suits to football games "UVA" cannot be referred to as a "good" school, it can only be referred to as a "great school". Oh yeah, and if you don’t like our parties then stop coming to our school because honestly no one here gives a flying fuck about you or your university!!!! So you can all shove your snobby little comments up your ass you fucking fagots!!!

Posted by: T-Sizzle ()
Date: April 11, 2010 03:21AM

Everybody Loves Raymond.....

Posted by: crazyyytime ()
Date: April 11, 2010 05:10AM

Radford's Quadfest 2010 :)

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: April 11, 2010 07:38AM

Lets see here:

Drunk college age kids doing something stupid.....check
Apologists and supporters of said college age kids posting on FFXU....check
FFXU people laughing at said college age kids and apologists.....check
FUCK THE POLICE......check

Just throw in a Boo Taylor and maybe Westfields HS and the thread will be complete.

Posted by: just a state school ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:20AM

Me thinks the JMU crowd doth protest too much about the quality of their education.

Sorry ladies, it's not even a top 100 school.

Posted by: Jack Dale ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:23AM

Clobbersaurus Wrote:
> Lets see here:
>
> Drunk college age kids doing something
> stupid.....check
> Apologists and supporters of said college age kids
> posting on FFXU....check
> FFXU people laughing at said college age kids and
> apologists.....check
> FUCK THE POLICE......check
>
>
> Just throw in a Boo Taylor and maybe Westfields HS
> and the thread will be complete.

You forgot to mention how this is all Jack Dale's fault. Gatehouse II didn't prepare them to deal with Harrisonburg's zero tolerance policy, which kills! The Post has been Notified!!!

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:39AM

No pictures of drunk teargassed college chicks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 08:39AM by FUNdamental.

Posted by: Eric j ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:55AM

This is by far the dumbest blog I've ever seen. You idiots are so gd stupid, I would rather stab my eyeball with a fork than have a conversation with any of you.

Posted by: Angelic ()
Date: April 11, 2010 09:24AM

Eric, you're a dumbass.

And to the rest of you:
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-540017.html

Here is a little snippet of an article that covered the Aug 2000 "riot." Y'all showed them, right?

Also, remember that this was an off campus block party. Off campus. Anyone could come, get wasted, make projectiles out of beer bottles, and get tear-gassed. Anyone is including locals who aren't students, students from other colleges,and weirdos from other towns just looking to party and/or catch dumpsters on fire.

Posted by: J-Fan ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:32AM

yo fuck all you guys who are saying bad shit about our school. Sure, we party. and sure, we're not harvard. But we're not dumbasses either. it's not that easy to get into.

and yes, JMU kids dont light their own shit on fire. Keep in mind that this was one of the largest non-JMU crowds yet. THEY lit our shit on fire. THEY throw the fucking bottles at the police. like angelic mentioned, it was off campus. any one could come.

oh and wtf is this?

"Me thinks the JMU crowd doth protest too much about the quality of their education.
Sorry ladies, it's not even a top 100 school."

me thinks? met thinks you should grow a set and crawl back to your hole.

And you know what, future employers aren't going to look at this and judge JMU's students with a blanket. When you go to an interview it's your duty to stand out from everyone else, even your own school, and that includes rioters. if you don't get the interview, it's not JMU's fault. it's yours.

JMU is just a great school in a sea of pompous prick schools. So all of you that insult our intelligence (or our belligerence) can go fuck yourselves and be thankful that we even invited you down for springfest '10 and let you drink for free. fuck.

Posted by: blahblahblah ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:34AM

I seriously do not understand why so many JMU students are trying to defend their school and make it look like they're the best. Shit went down, grow a pair and take responsibility. It's not my fault you decided not to control your "gayfest" and invite half the east coast. Man up people! You don't hear Radford crying like a little bitch when shit happens, oh yeah it doesn't =P

Posted by: J-Fan ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:43AM

" I seriously do not understand why so many JMU students are trying to defend their school and make it look like they're the best. Shit went down, grow a pair and take responsibility. It's not my fault you decided not to control your "gayfest" and invite half the east coast. Man up people! You don't hear Radford crying like a little bitch when shit happens, oh yeah it doesn't =P"

1. we aren't tryin to make our selves look like we're the best. we're defending ourselves against assholes like you.

2. we aren't the ones bitching. read the fuckin posts, moron.

Posted by: YOUR MOM ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:49AM

I am little fourin kid in nothing but highschool, butt i like a to drink with the kids of college and partey with them to. So all fuck the litle bitches of you guys.

Date: April 11, 2010 11:03AM

YOUR MOM Wrote:
> I am little fourin kid in nothing but highschool,
> butt i like a to drink with the kids of college
> and partey with them to. So all fuck the litle
> bitches of you guys.

Huh?

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: April 11, 2010 11:08AM

J-Fan Wrote:
>
> JMU is just a great school in a sea of pompous prick schools.
>

A little bit of pot calling the kettle black here. JMU is no different than any other school its size. It has its fair share of "pompous pricks" too.

Posted by: Go dukes ()
Date: April 11, 2010 11:25AM

I don't understand why everybody is trying to Insult JMU's academics and integrity. I know plenty of good and smart people doing well with a degree from this school. My brother is in dental school and going to earn more money than at least 90% of the population, and the pastor of my church is a JMU grad. Are you going to try to tell me that a pastor has no integrity or a dentist is a dumbass? There are plenty of good people that go here and almost everybody is friendly which I why I chose to go here over the 6 other schools I got in to. 6 schools that include Rutgers and Rowan, and you can look them up and see for yourself that they are top engineering schools. JMU may not be an ivy league school but it is definitely a good institution with some people who go here just to drink and party just like at any other school. And are you really going to try to tell me that people will look at this event over my transcript? What about the recent shooting up of Virginia Tech? Why wasn't anybody questioning what kind of place that school was to drive a student who attended that school to do that? Yes I'm sure some JMU students were involved but not all was their fault. Outsiders are more to blame for this than anybody and assuming that it was only JMU students is ridiculous. Yes I'm disappointed in the students who didn't try to control their friends they brought down and I'm pissed at the peole who were throwing bottles and shit and there might have been some JMU students who did things like that but it isn't guarenteed that JMU students were involved. I love this school and I'm disappointed this happened but don't try to insult us for this whole thing, some people who did this might be from your school.

And as for the people who transferred away from JMU, I don't know how you can hate this place! It's a gorgeous campus with a lot of friendly people full of school spirit, maybe you should have left your dorm room and tried actually talking to some people instead of being miserable and a loner.

Date: April 11, 2010 11:42AM

J-Fan Wrote:
>
> 1. we aren't tryin to make our selves look like
> we're the best. we're defending ourselves against
> assholes like you.

You should have defended your turf and your school, but you were made to look like a bunch of spoiled pussies.

Posted by: BCJMU ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:03PM

Everyone who wasn't there needs shut their damn mouths. We, JMU students, respect the places we party at. We don't bring destruction to any of those places and we definitely don't disgrace Harrisonburg Police Department. HPD looks out for our safety and we respect that. To tell you the truth from what I saw at Block Party, the majority of students throwing shit and causing most of the havoc were people from VA Tech. Now, I love Tech and I turned down their School of Engineering to go to JMU, but it was a lot of their students who came up and did a lot of this. And I know one of you might ask how some of us know it was Tech students that did most of it...well, you see it was pretty simple being that they were all wearing Tech memorabilia. Another note, a lot of the JMU students left before the tear gas was brought in. A lot of us talked to the officers standing by and they told us it would be best to leave before things get out of hand...so we did. It was the dumbasses not from this school that stayed and got tear gassed, and their friends that cared too much for them to leave them behind. Next time, we will just make Springfest and Block Party a JMU exclusive thing so that none of you bastards can come back and ruin our reputation and beautiful city.

Posted by: Old Man ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:14PM

JMU is a fine institution with one major problem: when free alcohol is combined with open parties, a sense of entitlement, and still-developing minds, problems like last night are going to happen. Blaming the police and/or the people from other schools is irresponsible and immature -- as is flaming people in posts with whom you disagree. Educated and enlightened citizens are accountable (and subsequently employable, not to mention the people you want living next door to you).

Once upon a time, students rioted for civil rights, to end unjust wars, and to support workers who were unfairly treated. Yesterday, students rioted for the unalienable right to get drunk with 8,000 underage strangers,light dumpster fires, throw bottles, and believe that a party school reputation is something worthwhile. This growing party school reputation will adversely affect the value and credibility of a JMU degree -- it's already beginning to affect employers' attitudes about us (fact) -- and the "coolness" of being known as a party school only matters until you're about 23. What happened yesterday cast JMU in an extremely negative light, regardless of who you think was to blame. Should JMU be known as a school with students who can change the world or merely as a school with students who can change a keg?

This, my friends, was an avoidable embarrassment. It could have been a tragedy. We came here to become better people. As Jon Stewart says, "You're not helping,"

Posted by: Tigerstyle ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:21PM

No one thinks JMU is a school that knows how to "change a keg." When they run out of their *1* keg per lame ass apartment party you just move on to the next one.

JMU FAILS at academics and now clearly FAILS at partying. Sucks to be you guys :[

Posted by: Operation: Tigerstyle ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:25PM

Tigerstyle Wrote:
> No one thinks JMU is a school that knows how to
> "change a keg." When they run out of their *1* keg
> per lame ass apartment party you just move on to
> the next one.
>
>
> JMU FAILS at academics and now clearly FAILS at
> partying. Sucks to be you guys :[
Attachments:
yawning.jpg

Date: April 11, 2010 12:28PM

eesh stop let me troll the college kids damn it

Posted by: DK ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:29PM

it was probably the visiting WVU students who set the fires.... LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS

Posted by: Laura ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:34PM

All you hateful people need to chill out. Every school parties. Some people at every school party more ridiculously than others. This is college. I personally neither attended or condone springfest. It is unfair for you say these demeaning things about me or my school based on an event that happens peacefully every year but sadly went awry this time. There were 19,000 applicants for my freshman class and only 3,000 were accepted. I am proud to have been one of those accepted. I am majoring in Applied Geographic Information Systems, which is among the top 3 fastest growing fields of work. I will definitely have a way easier time getting a job than most people and I have my wonderful professors at JMU to thank for that.

All of you being mean about JMU's misfortune in being associated with this event need to smoke a huge joint and calm yourselves down.

Date: April 11, 2010 12:37PM

Laura, it is illegal to suggest that you are in possession of marijuana, even on the internet- I would think an "Applied Geographic Information Systems" major would know that.

Your IP has been logged and the Harrisonburg Police Department has been notified. I suggest you flush your "pot" before they throw some teargas through your shitty apartment's one window before spraying your dumb ass with rubber bullets.

Posted by: re ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:41PM

How come none of you JMU students possess the ability to speak with proper grammar? I bet students of other schools would, if they posted here.

Date: April 11, 2010 12:45PM

Tigerstyle Wrote:
> eesh stop let me troll the college kids damn it

Not me. It looks like the cancer of FFXU has returned to posting after his night out getting drunk and eating BBQ with his trailer park buddies.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:47PM

Tigerstyle Wrote:
> Laura, it is illegal to suggest that you are in
> possession of marijuana, even on the internet- I
> would think an "Applied Geographic Information
> Systems" major would know that.
>
> Your IP has been logged and the Harrisonburg
> Police Department has been notified. I suggest you
> flush your "pot" before they throw some teargas
> through your shitty apartment's one window before
> spraying your dumb ass with rubber bullets.

He's probably living in On-campus housing, which means that his IP address will only tell HPD that he is a JMU student using a computer connected to the JMU network. Internet Fail.

And by the way, this forum had a huge discussion about Cho Shung Whee! after the VA Tech shooting, Just search for it

Posted by: Kol ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:48PM

"Sex Life
When talking to our inside source at JMU, he really hammered the point home that the girls at the school love dick -- and lots of it. He went as far as calling the lovely ladies "sluts." I wonder if he eats his mother out with that mouth.

Even though I wouldn't call girls who just enjoy the occasional dick a slut, our boy might have a oint since students can buy the morning after pill at the health center with their fucking student access card. This has to come in handy on those nights when you drunkenly decided to fire your semen into the belly of the beast instead of on it. The best part is that most JMU girls are down for morning-after sex so before you run frantically to the health center you might as well get your parents' money's worth out of that morning after pill. After all, you already blew your wad in her once so you wouldn't ruin your sheets; one more time won't hurt.
"

from BroBible - College Chicks Breakdowns: The Girls of James Madison University

Date: April 11, 2010 12:49PM

Laura Wrote:
> I am proud to have been one of those accepted. I am
> majoring in Applied Geographic Information
> Systems, which is among the top 3 fastest growing
> fields of work.

Hopefully you don't do anything particularly stupid in college. Most employers in the DC area that would use a GIS major require a security clearance.

Date: April 11, 2010 12:51PM

Haden Wrote:
> Everyone who says that JMU isn't a "good" school
> is ignorant and has no clue what they are talking
> about!!! JMU's business school is in the top 5% of
> the nation. They also have the best art and music
> programs in the state, closely followed by VCU.
> Not to mention other nationally notices and
> accomplished programs. But I do admit in one way
> the people who make these ignorant and ridiculous
> remarks have a point. A prestigious university who
> doesn't have students who kill themselves "William
> and Mary" or dress up in suits to football games
> "UVA" cannot be referred to as a "good" school, it
> can only be referred to as a "great school". Oh
> yeah, and if you don’t like our parties then stop
> coming to our school because honestly no one here
> gives a flying fuck about you or your
> university!!!! So you can all shove your snobby
> little comments up your ass you fucking fagots!!!

Leave William and Mary out of your idiotic tirade.

Posted by: Laura ()
Date: April 11, 2010 12:58PM

Excuse me, but nothing about my post suggested I was in possession of ANYTHING! it was a JOKE in an attempt to get people to lighten up! geeze!

Posted by: No woman no cry! ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:01PM

eesh Wrote:
>
>
> Leave William and Mary out of your idiotic tirade.
Attachments:
woman-crying.jpg

Posted by: jjm ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:04PM

Posted by: ewwjd ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:41PM

Posted by: meg ()
Date: April 11, 2010 02:00PM

Maryland really? The school that every time they can manage a win in some sport they try to burn down College Park. And no I don’t go nor did I go to JMU, went to school Chicago.

Posted by: ass shit ()
Date: April 11, 2010 02:20PM

partyanimal Wrote:
> FUCK THE POLICE

DUDE! that chant was sick. I was there and was tear-gassed because they were blocking us off, telling us to disperse, but we were caught between a row of townhouses and the fucking hill (With Cops at the top). We had no where to go. Then drunken idiots started throwing bottles and ONE GUY set ONE DUMPSTER on fire..... then we were fucked.

Posted by: Maria ()
Date: April 11, 2010 02:21PM

I have lived in Harrisonburg all my life and let me tell you, majority of the ones who live here HATE JMU students and cannot wait until summer so you all can leave. We actually have parties (WITHOUT RIOTS) when the JMU students leave because we hate them that much. Get out of our town with this bullshit you all bring. JMU parties bring nothing but bad. In 2008 a kid was shot and MURDERED at a JMU party right down the street from the riot and now this happens. LEAVE.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 02:28PM

Attachments:
think_of_the_children.jpg

Posted by: ass shit ()
Date: April 11, 2010 02:28PM

Individuals cause bad things to happen. It was a great time until a select few starting making bad decisions. You are an ignorant fool.

Posted by: Angelic ()
Date: April 11, 2010 05:15PM

Maria Wrote:
> I have lived in Harrisonburg all my life and let
> me tell you, majority of the ones who live here
> HATE JMU students and cannot wait until summer so
> you all can leave. We actually have parties
> (WITHOUT RIOTS) when the JMU students leave
> because we hate them that much. Get out of our
> town with this bullshit you all bring. JMU parties
> bring nothing but bad. In 2008 a kid was shot and
> MURDERED at a JMU party right down the street from
> the riot and now this happens. LEAVE.

People like you make me want to cuss but I'll refrain. I've lived in and around Harrisonburg all my life as well and now go to LU. I know the hard feelings you are talking about and I've seen them as well. We live in a college town get over it or you move. Easy as that. You cant live in a town with 60,000 people and expect no crime to occur. JMU has an enrollment of almost 20,000... parties are going to happen, fights break out and yes springfest got out of hand. No one died. So if you don't like living in Harrisonburg because of the students, move yourself to Paige County and stay.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: April 11, 2010 05:25PM

Maria Wrote:
> I have lived in Harrisonburg all my life and let
> me tell you, majority of the ones who live here
> HATE JMU students and cannot wait until summer so
> you all can leave. We actually have parties
> (WITHOUT RIOTS) when the JMU students leave
> because we hate them that much. Get out of our
> town with this bullshit you all bring. JMU parties
> bring nothing but bad. In 2008 a kid was shot and
> MURDERED at a JMU party right down the street from
> the riot and now this happens. LEAVE.

Thats nothing. At V Tech, 22 kids were shot and murdered after one kid was turned away from a few parties

Posted by: rac ()
Date: April 11, 2010 06:14PM

32*

Date: April 11, 2010 06:46PM

Hardly happened for being "turned away from a few parties." That kid was DEFINITELY molested as a child and probably often beat with a bamboo stick for bringing home "bree prus"

Posted by: sdafasd ()
Date: April 11, 2010 06:53PM

I hope you guys are fucking proud.

Posted by: hahahahaha ()
Date: April 11, 2010 07:11PM

What a joke.

"You probably didnt even go to college, and that is not our only cause, JMU is a great school that is well-educated...I get that police have to be there to ensure safety, but they escaleted everything."

Its difficult to insult someone by alleging that they did not go to college when it is followed by "JMU...is well-educated." Your school is well educated? And you also can't spell. I usually am not the kind of dick that goes on these things and corrects spelling but you opened yourself up to it.

Posted by: joke ()
Date: April 11, 2010 07:15PM

Haden Wrote:
> Everyone who says that JMU isn't a "good" school
> is ignorant and has no clue what they are talking
> about!!! JMU's business school is in the top 5% of
> the nation. They also have the best art and music
> programs in the state, closely followed by VCU.
> Not to mention other nationally notices and
> accomplished programs. But I do admit in one way
> the people who make these ignorant and ridiculous
> remarks have a point. A prestigious university who
> doesn't have students who kill themselves "William
> and Mary" or dress up in suits to football games
> "UVA" cannot be referred to as a "good" school, it
> can only be referred to as a "great school". Oh
> yeah, and if you don’t like our parties then stop
> coming to our school because honestly no one here
> gives a flying fuck about you or your
> university!!!! So you can all shove your snobby
> little comments up your ass you fucking fagots!!!

the really sad thing is, you're too dumb to even realize how poorly written this is.

Date: April 11, 2010 07:38PM

sdafasd Wrote:
> >
> I hope you guys are fucking proud.

Ahahaha that shit was hilarious when he got taken by the pigs! He was trying to act all intelligent too.. BUMMMMER BROOO

Posted by: buck fever ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:07PM

Better luck next year assuming you are not expelled,,,

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.