HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27
Re: Highschool Football 2013
Posted by: almost there ()
Date: December 01, 2013 10:26AM

Lets go Centreville!........one more win and then its "bring on those niggers from the Beach"!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RE CVILLE BACKER ()
Date: December 01, 2013 10:32AM

Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Point was if you're playing in the game don't talk
> shit. However I doubt this idiot does because he
> would know better!

I think he's just saying he's a cville backer? As in he backs Cville football?

Posted by: What happened to #4? ()
Date: December 01, 2013 10:39AM

I went to the Centreville game yesterday and noticed Nickens-Yzer was only playing defense? Anyone know why?

Posted by: Guessing ()
Date: December 01, 2013 10:53AM

What happened to #4? Wrote:
> I went to the Centreville game yesterday and
> noticed Nickens-Yzer was only playing defense?
> Anyone know why?

I'm guessing it's because #4 has shoulder injury and he's re-injured it a few times while running the ball.

Posted by: EasternVaFan ()
Date: December 01, 2013 11:19AM

Yesterday, I saw C'Ville play for the first time since the 2011 game at UVA. That 2011 team beat a tough 12-0 Hermy team in the semis but struggled when its star got hurt early at UVA. Based on what I saw yesterday, this year's D has more speed, especially re DBs and LBs coming to the ball. Yesterday, the D was well-coached plus players were in the right spots and mostly made good reads. Just on that alone, it's easy to see why this team has been tough to beat. Looking to next week, both teams have shown the ability to overcome in-game adversity. Any team that comes from 21 down and goes on a 27-0 run in Q4 vs SoCo has game. The same goes for what Westfield did yesterday. Beating a 12-0 team after trailing by 13 with 6 mins to go says volumes about the will to win. I wouldn't count out either team next week and whichever one goes to UVA will be battle-tested. Congrats to the other playoff teams for making it this far.

Posted by: CentrevilleParent ()
Date: December 01, 2013 11:39AM

Fan,

Concur that "CvilleBacker" is not an Centreville LB. The LBs are pretty classy. Some of DBs are trashtalkers. Wish they'd stop, since the secondary is actually pretty weak.

Frankly, "CvilleBacker" is probably a Westfield parent trying to rouse his team. Recommend he just let the kids play the game and quit trying to create the wrong atmosphere for the game.

Posted by: BRAD DOCK SUX ()
Date: December 01, 2013 12:26PM

Wanted to say again, Braddock sux....nice job yesterday.

Posted by: CatDad ()
Date: December 01, 2013 01:25PM

Look folks, this can be a great site for talking HS football, but 'almost there's' comments were way out of line.

I think C'ville can take it all, but its going to be tough and they'll come by it as a team working together. And I'm guessing OS will be working to do the same.

All these boys still have more game to go, and all four teams that have made it this far should enjoy it, be proud, and work hard.

And the rest of us - parents, hard core fans - should keep the spirit going.

And talk strategy, assessments, and just a wee bit of civilized smack!

Posted by: last bastion of free speech ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:33PM

Hey catdad,
you need to learn to ignore the comments you believe to be "out of line", or respond to them directly (probably not a good idea on this site)
This is FU, some discussion is very good, but free speech is going to allow some things you don't like, and there will be some vulgar, vile stuff as well. Toughen up, man. It's not a good site for kids.

Posted by: Viking ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:37PM

Watched the C'Ville - Stonewall game. Stonewall was a classless group. Punks from beginning to end. Talking trash and dirty play.

Darren Woodson, #4, was the worst. Dirty player. Trash talking punk. Couldn’t tackle well, so instead did late hits in the back and going for the knees. Trying to injure other players. Good to see him get beat badly on a long pass in the 2nd. Got ejected in the 4th. Should have been gone by the 2nd. Future hall of famer in the state pen. Refs need to watch this scum in the future, as he's only a junior. Couldn't win, and knew it, so just degraded the game of football instead.

Rashad Johnson, #1, was another punk. Can’t play well, so makes dirty hits instead. Got beat in the 4th for a TD. Both he and #4 missed easy tackles in the 4th letting in another TD. Then unloads on a defenseless player on a kickoff. Backed off tackles so he wouldn’t get hurt. Basic coward. He’s another future jailbird.

However, watched C’Ville players several times help up Stonewall players. Last week one of the C’Ville players acted like a punk. This week was a complete contrast with the Stonewall players.

Hope GameDay picks up on this. Don't need these type of scum in football. Gave up on the NFL due to this crap. Seeing it move down to high school. Need to eject these scum and make it football, not some talking crap. Find out who started the incident and toss them.

Good to see Stonewall gone. Never should have never been in the playoffs. Don’t blame all the players, but the coaches know what their players were like, and these clowns didn’t bench Woodson or Johnson, so good riddance.

Posted by: 757 rules ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:37PM

Those crackers from Westfield or Centerville can't play wit Beach schools........you cant coach speed and quickness.

Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:38PM

Who is going to be the other semifinal game?

Posted by: O SMITH PROGRAM ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:40PM

Yes, it is not bring on those (N) it is bring on that college team Oscar Smith with its recruiting program, ability to transfer in all good football players in Southern VA to one school, and lavish gifts for doing it...

Just imagine if NOVA could take its multi team all stars to Charlottesville as well.

Date: December 01, 2013 02:44PM

Been almost 24 hours but Lake Braddock still sux!

Posted by: lucky ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:46PM

But Westfield is still lucky you ignoramus.

Date: December 01, 2013 02:50PM

I bet the Braddock players are all over at the Henderson's house - is that Alexandria or Burke I forget - making popcorn balls for the holidays.

Posted by: nat4lee ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:51PM

nat4lee Wrote:
> Here are your state semifinal (region final)
> matchups, with the dates and times to be announced
> Monday morning by the VHSL:
>
> Friday and Saturday, December 6 and 7, 2013
>
> 6A
> Westfield @ Centreville
> Colonial Forge @ Oscar Smith
>
> 5A
> North Stafford @ Briar Woods
> Salem (VB) @ L.C. Bird

Posted by: O SMITH PROGRAM ()
Date: December 01, 2013 02:55PM

Hey "757 Rules" cannot coach lax transfer rules and blatant recruiting violations either. Karma will catch up one of these days, just like it did for Ocean Lakes and Phoebus and Lake Taylor.

Posted by: Phoebe from Buckroe ()
Date: December 01, 2013 03:31PM

Isn't Phoebus an all white school?

Posted by: The Kicker ()
Date: December 01, 2013 03:53PM

Seriously, just stop talking about illegal transfers. I seriously think, for the most part, the VHSL has done a very good job about it.

Centreville should win pretty easily this Saturday. Key word: "should". Lake Braddock "should" have beaten Westfield, but a couple of crazy plays, and Westfield wound up with the win. I think Westfield played a really good fourth quarter, and Braddock not so much. But Centreville is a whole different matter. They got Tyler Love back this week on defense and held Stroman in check for most of the game, although he did break a run or two. I personally think this game will not be much different from the first one, especially if Thrasher-Walker is out. If Westfield hangs within a touchdown into the second half, though, watch out.

Posted by: if they cheat then... ()
Date: December 01, 2013 04:13PM

I have friends down in Tidewater who laugh all the time about how schools like Oscar Smith get around the rules and bring in players.

Posted by: hot cocoa by the fireplace ()
Date: December 01, 2013 04:18PM

Haha the team is ACTUALLY at Hendos they
are stamping rolls of toilet paper
with Jerry Pannonis face
to give to the community for
stocking stuffers. You should
come by its a great time!

Posted by: Cpt. Morgan ()
Date: December 01, 2013 04:45PM

We Are Westfield!!! *bang*bang*bang-bang-bang* We Are Westfield!!! *bang*bang*bang-bang-bang* last time we played Cville in the northern region title game the team that lost in the regular season won...Karma is out to get you Cville.

Posted by: Fan 2 ()
Date: December 01, 2013 05:11PM

Anyone know any other blogs focused on northern region football Xs and Os?

Posted by: Fan 176 ()
Date: December 01, 2013 05:15PM

CPT Morgan, I am no fan of either Centreville or Westfield but I suggest you really pray for karma since Westfield is not nearly as good as Centreville this year. The way I remember 2011 was two evenly matched teams, perhaps Centreville even a bit better, but Centreville lost first game on suspicious fumble at end even though player's knee down. Their winning second game was based on being a bit better than Westfield. This year unfortunately for Westfield fans they are not nearly as talented as Centreville especially if Thrasher-Walker is nicked up. Just saying to keep it real.

Posted by: N-LIGHT-'ND ()
Date: December 01, 2013 05:17PM

Yeah hears one "Gerry Panoni, so close
but never gets it"

Posted by: Retard ()
Date: December 01, 2013 05:17PM

Ignorant fool!

Date: December 01, 2013 06:34PM

The Kicker Wrote:
> Seriously, just stop talking about illegal
> transfers. I seriously think, for the most part,
> the VHSL has done a very good job about it.
>
> Centreville should win pretty easily this
> Saturday. Key word: "should". Lake Braddock
> "should" have beaten Westfield, but a couple of
> crazy plays, and Westfield wound up with the win.
> I think Westfield played a really good fourth
> quarter, and Braddock not so much. But Centreville
> is a whole different matter. They got Tyler Love
> back this week on defense and held Stroman in
> check for most of the game, although he did break
> a run or two. I personally think this game will
> not be much different from the first one,
> especially if Thrasher-Walker is out. If Westfield
> hangs within a touchdown into the second half,
> though, watch out.
--------

Agree about the chatter re transfers. It's been cleaned up via changes to VHSL rules, Chesapeake's handbook for athletes, etc. Last year, Lake Taylor titled in D5 and OLakes almost beat Bird in D6 at UVA. OSmith was sitting at home. Anybody who says that Andrew Brown or any other Smith player is illegal should just report the violation using the district's anonymous web form for reporting out-of-zone illegals. It's THAT easy. Otherwise, play football. D6 teams here have won more titles anyway.

Like you, I expect the North final to be a good game and its battle-tested champ to be a tough draw no matter which team reps the South.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 06:35PM by EasternVaFan.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: December 01, 2013 06:36PM

Fan 176 Wrote:
> Their winning second game was based on
> being a bit better than Westfield.

Incorrect. Largely a result of a series of big time bad calls in critical situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_fP64-lt4

Posted by: S Jackson ()
Date: December 01, 2013 06:57PM

Stonewall Jackson was a bunch of ghetto, running their mouth types players...very poor sportsmanship......I'm glad they got whupped!

Posted by: wildcat ()
Date: December 01, 2013 07:24PM

Question: What is the rule for marking off multiple flags during the same play? During the Cville and SJ game, 30 yards were marked off for waht I assumed were two PFs. Can someone shed some light on the rule?

Posted by: Jim Feist ()
Date: December 01, 2013 08:06PM

What is the point spread for the game this week? I need to make some money so I can buy some Christmas presents.

Posted by: The Kicker ()
Date: December 01, 2013 08:21PM

I actually believe Centreville was the better team in 2011. But the teams were so closely matched that a series of bad playcalls, bad refereeing, and a little bit of luck won each game. Each game could have easily gone both ways.

But, as I think we know, the gap between Cville and Wfield is that much wider. Westfield has had its struggles on offense, and if Thrasher-Walker is banged up, it certainly doesn't help that. Centreville's defense should be just as good as it was last time they played. Not saying the upset can't happen, it certainly happened yesterday. But the chance of it, even with those injured players from last time back in, are pretty slim.

I'm predicting a 31-14 Centreville win.

Here's hoping I'm wrong about that and we get a great game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 08:22PM by The Kicker.

Posted by: Viking ()
Date: December 01, 2013 08:32PM

Thanks, newgatedenizen,

Video seems obviously done by a Westfield fan, but clearly shows Centreville was playing better. The ‘bad calls’ excuse is pretty old now. Roughing the kicker was due to Westfield players running into the punter. Pretty clear, even without slow motion (unless you are biased). The refs blew the whistle for forward progress on the ‘fumble.’ That’s what they are trained to do. After the whistle the play is dead. Just the way the football bounces. Sometimes ‘forward progress’ works for you, sometimes it doesn’t. Can’t tell if the catch was off the ground or not. If you can, you’ve got great eyesight and should be flying jets off a carrier.

Key for the current game, is Walker injured? If so, how will Westfield generate the offense it needs? Do they loosen up and try to pass more? Do they switch to ‘trick’ plays? I heard a rumor that Westfield shifted to a wildcat or changed their game plan after Walker was injured. Any word on that?

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: December 01, 2013 11:34PM

Viking Wrote:
> Thanks, newgatedenizen,
>
> Video seems obviously done by a Westfield fan,

Video and commentary by RHS Productions. If you had read the comments you would see he answered the same criticism:

"I'm a member of the press---no affiliation to either WF or CV"

> Can’t tell if the catch was off the ground or
> not. If you can, you’ve got great eyesight and
> should be flying jets off a carrier.

That was a most obvious bounce pass. A badly botched call.

I only dredge up the bad calls when the Centreville backers mindlessly troll about how much better 2011 C'ville was the 2011 WF.
Attachments:
ball on ground.jpg

Posted by: reality cheque ()
Date: December 02, 2013 07:55AM

Sorry this is not your 2007 Westfield anymore whiner. Losing big playoff games two years in a row at home, stumbling in this year as Lake Braddock fell apart. Boo hoo...

Date: December 02, 2013 08:14AM

Lake Braddock still sux even after 2 days

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: December 02, 2013 09:00AM

The second back for WF actually proved to be a great option as he hit the hole faster. He had over 150 yard in just over a half. I could take a side but its simple, you have to play 4 quarters. That low fg kick was the turning point, but LB had a chance to make the tackle on the long turnover return. I talked to several people on the LB fence, the WF player did step out of bounds, but LB still could have sustained a drive to run the clock out. WF stopped any offense and had a great drive themselves for a score. There's no doubt after watching that game, neither team is good enough to beat Cville. LB would match up better against Cville but just doesn't have enough playmakers. Vince Sica #10 made Hendo look good. Funny Hendo is going to UNC for QB, but Hendo dad ran the majority of the time in the game. I saw several receivers open and Hendo failed to see them and go through his progressions. NO doubt Daddy Hendo covered his sons weaknesses by running the ball.

Posted by: Sufferbitchsuffer ()
Date: December 02, 2013 09:25AM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> Viking Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks, newgatedenizen,
> >
> > Video seems obviously done by a Westfield fan,
>
> Video and commentary by RHS Productions. If you
> had read the comments you would see he answered
> the same criticism:
>
> "I'm a member of the press---no affiliation to
> either WF or CV"
>
>
> > Can’t tell if the catch was off the ground
> or
> > not. If you can, you’ve got great eyesight
> and
> > should be flying jets off a carrier.
>
> That was a most obvious bounce pass. A badly
> botched call.
>
> I only dredge up the bad calls when the
> Centreville backers mindlessly troll about how
> much better 2011 C'ville was the 2011 WF.

You have no idea how good it makes me feel to have a Westfield fan still lamenting our win against them in 2011. Keep suffering and digging up YouTube videos and pictures from the game, unless you have them in files that you still refer to. Nothing will change the fact that Centreville beat you that day and Oakton beat you last year. This year we get to beat you on our field!

Date: December 02, 2013 09:59AM

You mean beat Westfield TWICE this year on our field. Once we win this week we will have won 3 of last four against the pompous Bulldogs and then next year with Turner, Boose, Tutt back and Thrasher-Walker and Burns gone shall I say 4 out of 5? Yes I shall! Reminisce sweet baby, reminisce but the trend has turned...

Posted by: mysteriomaco ()
Date: December 02, 2013 10:03AM

Go Wildcats beat those lucky dogs.

Posted by: mysteriomaco ()
Date: December 02, 2013 10:06AM

I watched the Lake Braddock and Westfield game. Only thing Westfield did was run the ball some against a suspect Lake Braddock defense. We all know they cannot do the same against Centreville. Beyond that Lake Braddock gave the game away. Westfield, enjoy your good fortune but the end is near.

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: December 02, 2013 11:29AM

KeepitReal Wrote:
> The second back for WF actually proved to be a
> great option as he hit the hole faster. He had
> over 150 yard in just over a half.

I have thought all year that #28 was every bit as good if not a better back than #22 - did not understand why he was not used more other than not a senior.

> There's no doubt
> after watching that game, neither team is good
> enough to beat Cville. LB would match up better
> against Cville but just doesn't have enough
> playmakers.

I agree - it will take a perfect game accompanied by Centreville blunders for WF to win. But that's why they play the game.

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: December 02, 2013 11:45AM

reality cheque Wrote:
> You mean beat Westfield TWICE this year on our
> field. Once we win this week we will have won 3
> of last four against the pompous Bulldogs and then
> next year with Turner, Boose, Tutt back and
> Thrasher-Walker and Burns gone shall I say 4 out
> of 5? Yes I shall! Reminisce sweet baby,
> reminisce but the trend has turned...

Man, if you read the last couple years worth of HS football threads it's the Centreville fans that are pompous - insufferably arrogant, mouthy and full of taunting. Don't really see that from Westfield backers. Most of them act like they have actually been there before. But hey - I say congratulations to the Wildcats! If they win vs. WF I will be rooting for them vs. OS.

Posted by: wrong Westfield wrong ()
Date: December 02, 2013 12:01PM

I disagree with that opinion. The entitlement attitude that Westfield fans have shown for years is very clear to outsiders. Things change though and they are not nearly the football squad from the mid 2000s.

Date: December 02, 2013 12:02PM

Here are the announced game times for next weekend... enjoy!

Playoffs -- Region Finals (State Semifinals)
Saturday, December 7, 2013

Class 6A
North -- #3 Westfield (11-2) at #1 Centreville (13-0) in Clifton at 1:30 p.m.
South -- #3 Colonial Forge (10-3) at #1 Oscar Smith (13-0) in Chesapeake at 1:30 p.m.

Class 5A
North -- #5 North Stafford (11-2) at #3 Briar Woods (12-1) in Ashburn at 1:30 p.m.
South -- #1 Salem (11-2) at #1 L.C. Bird (13-0) in Chesterfield at 2:00 p.m.

Date: December 02, 2013 12:03PM

Agree with the Westfield sense of entitlement. Sorry things are a changing.

Posted by: Novafballlfan ()
Date: December 02, 2013 12:58PM

wrong Westfield wrong Wrote:
> I disagree with that opinion. The entitlement
> attitude that Westfield fans have shown for years
> is very clear to outsiders. Things change though
> and they are not nearly the football squad from
> the mid 2000s.

It was brought up here before the last Centreville vs. Westfield game BUT worth saying again. Westfield last year ran the score up on Centreville at the end of the game. Centreville players have not forgotten that and will be bringing alot of attitude/motivation to this game along with alot of talent. Westfield will get embarrassed Saturday as Centreville is going to dominate them AGAIN. I doubt Haddock will run the score up like Simmons did, but the starters may stay in a little longer than normal in a beat down. Just remember Bulldog fans you brought this on yourself when Simmons ran the score up, something Verbanic would never have done.

Posted by: wildcats state champs 13 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:12PM

Since Centreville is the top program in the state hands down, the question remains...is haddock the best coach in the history of northern virginia?

Posted by: hold on ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:19PM

I must say that Centreville will put a hurting on Westfield but will have a real game to play against Oscar Smith which recruits like a college team.

Posted by: can we stop ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:23PM

wildcats state champs 13 Wrote:
> Since Centreville is the top program in the state
> hands down, the question remains...is haddock the
> best coach in the history of northern virginia?

What makes you think this?

Posted by: Wildcats state champs ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:26PM

Ok, Centreville was 1-9 before haddock took over, has immediately won He coaches with class and has great schemes on both sides of the ball. they have DOMINATED everyone they have played, and will win the state championship this year undefeated. What has your coach done? is there any other coach that's ever dominated like this without recruiting?

Posted by: Ditka fan ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:28PM

Haddock > Ditka

Da Wildcats....

Date: December 02, 2013 01:30PM

Figured that Oscar Smith ran a suspect program, understand there a few other Hampton Roads teams doing the same.

Posted by: a point to remember ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:32PM

hey wildcats state champs also remember, haddock and staff also won at fairfax. fairfax has NO talent, the staff does it better then most and coaches with an old school, no nonsense mentality.

Posted by: .... ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:35PM

Wildcats state champs Wrote:
> Ok, Centreville was 1-9 before haddock took over,
> has immediately won He coaches with class and has
> great schemes on both sides of the ball. they have
> DOMINATED everyone they have played, and will win
> the state championship this year undefeated. What
> has your coach done? is there any other coach
> that's ever dominated like this without
> recruiting?

That's because they all were under Pannonia schedule while developing

Date: December 02, 2013 01:40PM

1000 fire breathing gargantuan demonoids from the planet Arbos vs. Haddock.

Haddock.

Da Wildcats...

Posted by: VTboy ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:41PM

Wildcats state champs Wrote:
> Ok, Centreville was 1-9 before haddock took over,
> has immediately won He coaches with class and has
> great schemes on both sides of the ball. they have
> DOMINATED everyone they have played, and will win
> the state championship this year undefeated. What
> has your coach done? is there any other coach
> that's ever dominated like this without
> recruiting?

Haddock has done great, very classy guy, but as a Cville resident I can tell you that Pannoni never quite had the talent (and team speed) that Haddock has had either. But Haddock deserves all the credit no doubt.

Date: December 02, 2013 01:41PM

> hands down, the question remains...is haddock the
> best coach in the history of northern virginia?

Before you make a fool of yourself, realize that football has been played by high school teams in Virginia since 1920. THAT'S 93 YEARS! I can name several coaches who have done more for their schools, their communities, desegregation, and coaches who have changed the very way the game is played and perceived down to the X's and O's. Read your history, visit a museum, hell watch "Remember the Titans" if you want. Don't make a fool of yourself with that kind of a statement.

Date: December 02, 2013 01:43PM

All current and former Northern Region coaches vs. Haddock in a steel cage match.

Haddock.

Da Wildcats...

Date: December 02, 2013 01:49PM

Would have liked to see Centreville beat Henderson from West Potomac (nope sorry Lake Braddock) but we all know what happened along the way!

Date: December 02, 2013 02:08PM

I hate lake braddock. I also hate west Potomac. Also Henderson. The reason I hate Henderson is because I wanted to date him and show him my man love. He refused and it made me sad. Now I need to cheat on my wife elsewhere. I don't know football. Never have.

Date: December 02, 2013 02:11PM

Sorry that one of the Braddock cheerleaders just used my namesake. Braddock still sux.

Posted by: not even close ()
Date: December 02, 2013 02:13PM

Tom Verbanic
Mickey Thompson
Mark Bendorf
Francis Dall
Danny Meir
Bill Renner
Ed Henry
Dick Adams
Frank Crennetti

He's not even close to this group. It takes more then an unusual rash of talent, and a conservative game plan to get into this club. No chance.

Posted by: Go Cats!! ()
Date: December 02, 2013 02:26PM

Novafballlfan Wrote:
> wrong Westfield wrong Wrote:
> -----
> > I disagree with that opinion. The entitlement
> > attitude that Westfield fans have shown for
> years
> > is very clear to outsiders. Things change
> though
> > and they are not nearly the football squad from
> > the mid 2000s.
>
>
> It was brought up here before the last Centreville
> vs. Westfield game BUT worth saying again.
> Westfield last year ran the score up on
> Centreville at the end of the game. Centreville
> players have not forgotten that and will be
> bringing alot of attitude/motivation to this game
> along with alot of talent. Westfield will get
> embarrassed Saturday as Centreville is going to
> dominate them AGAIN. I doubt Haddock will run the
> score up like Simmons did, but the starters may
> stay in a little longer than normal in a beat
> down. Just remember Bulldog fans you brought this
> on yourself when Simmons ran the score up,
> something Verbanic would never have done.

I am a big CVille fan and there is the distinct possibility that CVille could win handily but let us not believe for one second that Westfield is going to hand the win to us. SC and SJ put a scare into CVille in the first half and even into the second. WF have not given up 30+ points in a game all year. Their defense is solid. With the weather of the first game, not sure if that favored CVille or WF.

While many would have prefered to play Braddock, I think we match up much better with WF but if we have issues like a couple of other games, we could be in for a rough ride

Also, don't forgot, this is the game Westfield was striving to get to the past two seasons. If anyone thinks this is a down year for them, they are playing at least one more game than last year.

My negative on WF. I was at the CVille game but I saw the replay of the LB/WF game and the WF fan attendance was piss-poor. Some set of fans they have! The Stonewall Jackson fan base at CVille put them to shame.

Date: December 02, 2013 02:28PM

Because the Westfield fans know they do not have a team this year - that is why they did not show up.

Date: December 02, 2013 02:36PM

> hands down

"If" Centreville gets by Westfield, and even as a Cville resident and CVHS fan, that's an emphatic "if"... they will have a monumental task against Oscar Smith, who will be a heavy favorite.

Here's the picture, on paper:

Oscar Smith ranked nationally #10 by USA Today:
http://www.usatodayhss.com/super25/rankings/2013/boys/varsity/football/

Oscar Smith's best players:

Andrew Brown, DT (6-3 298), 5-star recruit ranked #8 HS player in the country and the #1 DT, UVa signee:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3235

Jaylen Bradshaw, WR, 2-star recruit, Conference offensive player of the year, Va Tech signee.

DaShawn McClease, RB, Junior, ranked in top 150 nationally, already offers from VT, UNC, and others.

I doubt that Cville has ever seen anyone in NoVa as good as these three players at their positions.

Let's not forget Shon Mitchell, a freshman, who is their starting QB. You may think "oh, a freshman, he'll choke in the big game". Well, Oscar Smith was on national TV (ESPNU) their first game this year, and Mitchell (obviously his first HS start) threw three TD passes. By the way he was first team all-conference.

It will take a team effort and the game of his life from Scott Walter since he'll have to win it with his arm. They won't be able to run much and won't have much time to throw. They can win with the perfect game, but nothing less.

The 2011 game between the two was a complete mismatch, but Walter is a big upgrade from the 2011 QB, and Cville has more team speed this year with Turner, Tutt etc.

Posted by: funny isnt it ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:00PM

How does all that talent reside in one school district, funny isn't it?

Posted by: agree with ya ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:11PM

yep we should run a study of the amazing birth and growth rates of kids in one school district....good job Oscar Smith you hit the genetic jackpot apparently.

Posted by: OSCAR SMITHHHHHHH ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:16PM

We win anyway we have to man, win Smith win.

Date: December 02, 2013 03:23PM

I don't want to look past the WF game either, and I certainly know that any Cville game against OS will be hard, but....

While VTboy may preach the wonders of the OS team, from my perspective I have a hard time admiring a team whose regular season consists of only two games against Div 6 teams, three games against Div 5 teams and five games against Div 4 teams!

And no wonder the freshman QB did a miraculous job on TV in his first game - heck it was against Lake Taylor a Div 4 team.

Posted by: 7577 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:24PM

Live in Chesapeake. This oscar smith team is young and not even close to what they usually are. undisciplined, street, and maybe not even the best team down here? Ocean lakes was upset last week, but was the #1 team in the state for most of the season.

Posted by: Fan ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:27PM

"How does all that talent reside in one school district, funny isn't it?"

I will use the Concorde district as an example since they are the last two teams in the 6A North still standing. It would be nice to find out how many kids in the Concorde were living in the Concorde district while in junior high school. The only reason why I say this is there are transfers that happen up here just as down in the 6A South but legally, by moving. I'll use Devon Burns for Westfield and Chad Wiggins for Centreville as an example. I believe they both transferred into their respective schools after their sophomore seasons. Parent's moved into the respective school district so their kids could play ball instead of staying in South Riding. I'm sure it happens more than most people think especially in the Concorde. If you had a son who was a good football player and had a shot at playing at the next level, why stay somewhere that has a horrible team and history? I'll use Freedom in South Riding as an example.

Posted by: OScar SMith ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:45PM

We cheat you lose.

You complain we cruise.

Date: December 02, 2013 03:48PM

CatDad Wrote:
> I don't want to look past the WF game either, and
> I certainly know that any Cville game against OS
> will be hard, but....
>
> While VTboy may preach the wonders of the OS team,
> from my perspective I have a hard time admiring a
> team whose regular season consists of only two
> games against Div 6 teams, three games against Div
> 5 teams and five games against Div 4 teams!
>
> And no wonder the freshman QB did a miraculous job
> on TV in his first game - heck it was against Lake
> Taylor a Div 4 team.

Good points CatDad, but I was not referring to their won-loss record as much as the college-level quality of those three players. And I wouldn't discount a team simply because they are Div 4. Lake Taylor is ranked 26th in the state, and only lost to LC Bird by 7, who are defending 6A State champs and will most likely win 5A State Title this year. The separation between classifications in Virginia is not nearly as distinct as say between NCAA divisions.

Date: December 02, 2013 04:13PM

True VTboy, and I'd hate to take anything away from any of the non-Div6 schools.

Yet, I believe the make up of the Northern Region playoff landscape would look a heck of a lot different if the Div 6 teams up here had the regular season schedule OS had.

And if OS is routinely either unbeaten or close to it, then why wouldn't a parent try to get their good player into OS? That's a lot of automatic college attention.

There are plenty of Div6 teams in nearby Virginia Beach and Norfolk. Limit the number of non Div 6 team opponents in a schedule and I suspect the transfers/recruiting/genetics allegations will slowly fade away.

Posted by: collapse ()
Date: December 02, 2013 04:28PM

I saw the Lake Braddock game.....what a total collapse!...All they had to do was run the ball and whittle the clock down, but they totally lost their composure. A few running plays at the 5 minute mark, punt it and make Westfield go the length of the field, down two scores with just a few minutes to play.........again, total collapse!.........they don't deserve to move on, and thay aren't.

Date: December 02, 2013 04:50PM

Collapse came because Braddock sux

Posted by: concorde longtime ()
Date: December 02, 2013 05:57PM

I can't comment on how good a coach Haddock is, but given the talent he has had to play with this year, it would be hard to imagine how his team would not win as much as they have. True, he had to harness it, and with his staff, put together a system, but when you have his thoroughbreds, it's not difficult to see why his team is where it is.

Now if he could have taken this year's Chantilly or Oakton teams to the 6A north finals (given the uneven talent those schools had this year) that would have been impressive!

What's that old line that people used to say about Bear Bryant? ""He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n"

Posted by: 7619run ()
Date: December 02, 2013 06:35PM

Maybe Alabama needed Bear Bryant Saturday.

Posted by: classless ()
Date: December 02, 2013 06:53PM

Lake Braddock managed to be one of the least classy teams this season. Even with an undefeated record they still managed to talk as much shit as possible. I think it's funny how on twitter Caleb Henderson is being called a "class act" for a note of apology and condolences he wrote after the WF game. Everyone at that moment seemed to have turned a blind eye to all the shitty behavior shown through out the entire Braddock season by their QB, as well as their entire team...I saw players leaving the field before the game had even ended, even leaving their pads on the field. It's understandable being upset after such a big loss, but last time I checked you win and lose as a team. Another disappointment was the lack of humbleness and sportsmanship shown by this team...it's a shame. Sure shows how their team was just a bunch of "individuals", Henderson being the biggest one, minus the facade he consistently puts on for the media and public. Not trying to instigate anything, just my honest take on what I have observed. Hey, not to say all of LB's players are assholes, I'm sure most are good teammates. But a team is a unit...can't be half in and half out.

Posted by: gingerboy ()
Date: December 02, 2013 06:55PM

hey man can't we all just get along

Date: December 02, 2013 06:57PM

Lake Braddock sux and Henderson sux the most. Good luck at UNC you pompous fool.

Date: December 02, 2013 07:02PM

i agree, braddock sucks.

Date: December 02, 2013 07:14PM

Just read the Henderson posts on Twitter. My offensive line this and my team that and my Bruins this. Again, what a pompous, self centered ass. Big donut hole to show for his high school career and now he is going to get big time exposed trying to play college ball.

Posted by: Football Fever ()
Date: December 02, 2013 07:34PM

Still floored that LB had difficulty with Westfield with all of that 'supposed' talent in both games. Henderson was supposed to be a great passer and with 2-3 receivers over 6' tall and struggled to score. I understand that LB was missing a couple of their best defenders but WF barely moved the ball on offense.

Date: December 02, 2013 07:36PM

Was overrated the entire year. Played weak competition, almost got beat by WF and SOCO and Henderson me first type of player. They got enamored with his so-called running skills at end of year but no big deal against a reasonable defense like WF. Also his passing is way overrated. Strong arm but no touch, no understanding of how to run an offense. Good riddance.

Date: December 02, 2013 07:38PM

yeah it's a shame that the media tries to put people like this in a positive light....not that henderson should be put in a negative light but no "light" at all would be preferable. by the way i heard hendo was awarded 1st team all met... i haven't looked much into qb's in the allmet area but is he deserving of it? honest question...anyways screw Lake Braddock...those phony assholes. Reading Poythress' post-interviews make me want to vomit. What a prick, I can see why every ref and coach in the northern region hates his ass.

Date: December 02, 2013 07:40PM

In the annals of NOVA football Henderson and this Lake Braddock team will not even register a blip.

Date: December 02, 2013 08:03PM

Can think of a number of local QBs I would rather have than Henderson, starting with Scott Walter of Centreville. Much more of a true dual threat.

Posted by: ridiculous ()
Date: December 02, 2013 08:17PM

gingerboy Wrote:
> yeah it's a shame that the media tries to put
> people like this in a positive light....not that
> henderson should be put in a negative light but no
> "light" at all would be preferable. by the way i
> heard hendo was awarded 1st team all met... i
> haven't looked much into qb's in the allmet area
> but is he deserving of it? honest
> question...anyways screw Lake Braddock...those
> phony assholes. Reading Poythress'
> post-interviews make me want to vomit. What a
> prick, I can see why every ref and coach in the
> northern region hates his ass.

It's all about hype. Looks good in the shorts and t-shirt in the controlled situations at the camps, clinics and combines, father schmoozes with the right people, fudges some stats like his 40 speed, transfers to LB to try and stack the deck and build the mythology. Media feeds into it and it's just like a snowball rolling down hill, gets a life of its own, and the hype builds even more. Some talent there but no more so than a dozen deserving QBs in the metro area. More about his fat ass father spinning the tale to the right people in the media and NoVa football community. Of course Poythress is one of the coaches on the AllMet site who give top 20 rankings. Cute.

Posted by: Football Fever ()
Date: December 02, 2013 08:33PM

ridiculous Wrote:
> gingerboy Wrote:
> -----
> > yeah it's a shame that the media tries to put
> > people like this in a positive light....not
> that
> > henderson should be put in a negative light but
> no
> > "light" at all would be preferable. by the way
> i
> > heard hendo was awarded 1st team all met... i
> > haven't looked much into qb's in the allmet
> area
> > but is he deserving of it? honest
> > question...anyways screw Lake Braddock...those
> > phony assholes. Reading Poythress'
> > post-interviews make me want to vomit. What a
> > prick, I can see why every ref and coach in the
> > northern region hates his ass.
>
> It's all about hype. Looks good in the shorts and
> t-shirt in the controlled situations at the camps,
> clinics and combines, father schmoozes with the
> right people, fudges some stats like his 40 speed,
> transfers to LB to try and stack the deck and
> build the mythology. Media feeds into it and it's
> just like a snowball rolling down hill, gets a
> life of its own, and the hype builds even more.
> Some talent there but no more so than a dozen
> deserving QBs in the metro area. More about his
> fat ass father spinning the tale to the right
> people in the media and NoVa football community.
> Of course Poythress is one of the coaches on the
> AllMet site who give top 20 rankings. Cute.

For his Dad, to do what is needed and maybe a little extra to get a scholarship for his son, I have to give hi credit. Coaches likely see what they need and for them to move to a school that showcases his skills is smart. A scholarship/degree from UNC is huge. Based on all of his 'choices', people were surprised with his choice of UNC but a lower D1 team may be the best fit although I think he will be shocked, if he plays, by the competition. Remember what happen to Nebrick who went to UConn, was not going to play and transferred, doing very well now.

Also, with Nebrick, Zanellato, the Robinson WR who transferred his senior year to LB as Robinson was not a good fit for his skills. He received a scholarship to Penn State. May not have if he stayed with Robinson.

I am not saying players should transfer based on their skills but sometimes moving to a different program 'style' helps.

Posted by: mouy89 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 08:35PM

Some bitter, hateful people on here getting all the hate out of their system. Most are just jealous of LB's success, and so they're hapy to see them lose and take thier potshots at the one player whom they probably have never met or talked to. I don't know or haven't talked with the QB but it's obvious that some of these clowns on here have an ax to grind............jealously is one of the seven sins.
Look in the mirror before you go on your hateful rants towards other people.

Date: December 02, 2013 08:39PM

CatDad Wrote:
> I don't want to look past the WF game either, and
> I certainly know that any Cville game against OS
> will be hard, but....
>
> While VTboy may preach the wonders of the OS team,
> from my perspective I have a hard time admiring a
> team whose regular season consists of only two
> games against Div 6 teams, three games against Div
> 5 teams and five games against Div 4 teams!
>
> And no wonder the freshman QB did a miraculous job
> on TV in his first game - heck it was against Lake
> Taylor a Div 4 team.
----------------
I have posted here before about Smith not being as battle-tested this year as teams in the North. Yet I wouldn't rank on Smith playing Lake Taylor. LT is the defending D5 champ and only moved to D4 this year. LT beat a Stone Bridge team at UVA last year that had 2 players in ESPN's top 50: Burns and Allen. I was at the opener; LT's O was not ready yet and that's a big reason why the score was 42-2. Lake Taylor got going after that; its only other reg season loss was a close 21-14 battle vs. defending D6 champ Bird which is now in D5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 08:43PM by EasternVaFan.

Date: December 02, 2013 08:44PM

What success has Lake Braddock had Mr. Minister? A lot of talkative nothingness in the Patriot District. A team of a lot of show but nothing to SHOW for it.

Date: December 02, 2013 08:58PM

7577 Wrote:
> Live in Chesapeake. This oscar smith team is young
> and not even close to what they usually are.
> undisciplined, street, and maybe not even the best
> team down here? Ocean lakes was upset last week,
> but was the #1 team in the state for most of the
> season.

-------
I agree. OLakes dropped 62 on Western Branch, a team Smith struggled to score 27 against. Smith's young QB hasn't seen much pressure and doesn't respond well when he gets it. No doubt that will be part of the game plan for whichever team reps the North at UVA. On D, Smith will crowd the line unless you throw some on first and second downs.

Posted by: Heydickweed ()
Date: December 02, 2013 09:08PM

Hey Brad Dock Sux - we get it, you hate them. You and Mootboy need to find something else to talk about. I'm sorry if Henderson banged your daughter, or took your son's spot on the team, or if they didn't give out the right kind of candy on Halloween. Get over it and shut the fuck up. You offer nothing but worthless babble at this point.

Date: December 02, 2013 09:12PM

You must be from North Carolina. One of the confused and soon to be bewildered.

Date: December 02, 2013 09:17PM

VTboy Wrote:
> wildcats state champs 13 Wrote:
> -----
> > Since Centreville is the top program in the
> state
> > hands down
>
> "If" Centreville gets by Westfield, and even as a
> Cville resident and CVHS fan, that's an emphatic
> "if"... they will have a monumental task against
> Oscar Smith, who will be a heavy favorite.
>
> Here's the picture, on paper:
>
> Oscar Smith ranked nationally #10 by USA Today:
> http://www.usatodayhss.com/super25/rankings/2013/b
> oys/varsity/football/
>
> Oscar Smith's best players:
>
> Andrew Brown, DT (6-3 298), 5-star recruit ranked
> #8 HS player in the country and the #1 DT, UVa
> signee:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/r
> ankings/rank-3235
>
> Jaylen Bradshaw, WR, 2-star recruit, Conference
> offensive player of the year, Va Tech signee.
>
> DaShawn McClease, RB, Junior, ranked in top 150
> nationally, already offers from VT, UNC, and
> others.
>
> I doubt that Cville has ever seen anyone in NoVa
> as good as these three players at their
> positions.
>
> Let's not forget Shon Mitchell, a freshman, who is
> their starting QB. You may think "oh, a
> freshman, he'll choke in the big game". Well,
> Oscar Smith was on national TV (ESPNU) their first
> game this year, and Mitchell (obviously his first
> HS start) threw three TD passes. By the way he
> was first team all-conference.
>
> It will take a team effort and the game of his
> life from Scott Walter since he'll have to win it
> with his arm. They won't be able to run much and
> won't have much time to throw. They can win with
> the perfect game, but nothing less.
>
> The 2011 game between the two was a complete
> mismatch, but Walter is a big upgrade from the
> 2011 QB, and Cville has more team speed this year
> with Turner, Tutt etc.
--------
Excellent points. Last year, Stone Bridge had 2 players in ESPN's top 40: Burns the QB (now at Stanford) and Allen the DT who just played for Alabama vs Auburn. It also had a big line and one other player who was all-NOVA--maybe Mizell. Was great for 12 games but then showed chinks in the armor. In the NR final win, it gave up 29 to Yorktown in the 1st half and trailed in the 3rd before pulling away. At UVA, the O game plan was run, run and run some more. Down 20-0, the team rallied before losing, 20-14. The point is that the TEAM must execute and 2-3 great players often are not enough to overcome weaknesses such as slow D backs, poor ball handling, etc., when you are deep in playoffs.

Date: December 02, 2013 09:18PM

Coming from Lee, I have plenty of dislike for all that Braddock stands for, but y'all keep your paws off my Tar Heels. I be born and raised in gorgeous Chapel Hill.

Pages: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.