HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27
Re: Highschool Football 2013
Posted by: RootBoy ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:04AM

Braddock vs Cville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take it from someone that has played both teams
> and Braddock will beat centreville... A much
> better team. You can talk about the talent
> centreville has all you want but Braddock is a lot
> more well rounded than centreville.

I think both Centreville and Lake Braddock will be frantic in practice the next week or two to learn how to run and defend against the triple option. LMAO!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EasternVaFan ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:12AM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> All of you that don't like me are sitting at home
> and my team that I follow is still playing and we
> are one of the greatest ever. Unless your team is
> still playing don't tell me how good they or their
> coaches are.

People are expressing their opinions, just like you and I do here.
It's cool if they don't agree with you, me or each other.
The top 3 seeds are still playing--so there are no surprises except for SJ.
People always appreciate somebody who wins with grace and character.
It's hard to do sometimes bc fans naturally chatter and are loyal to their teams.
I was transferred here thinking that the 757 had better FB, especially in D5 and sometimes in D6.
In my first year here, I quickly saw how much balance the NR now North has.
SB dominated D5, but you also recently have had very good Yorktown and SoCo.
In D6, it's a free-for-all with Concorde and a few rotating Patriot teams.
You also have Loudoun teams besides SB doing well and the new classifications make that more interesting..
We all come to this chat board looking for something.
I'm learning a lot doing it and I like the banter, too.
But you don't hearing me crowing about which team of mine titled.
Don't let opinions get to you; try to keep people focused on the merits.
This board could become something special if we all do our parts.

Posted by: hsfballfan ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:28AM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> All of you that don't like me are sitting at home
> and my team that I follow is still playing and we
> are one of the greatest ever. Unless your team is
> still playing don't tell me how good they or their
> coaches are.

This is the "real" hsfballfan once again. This post I attach above is from an impostor. Exactly what I mean, this site will never become special if people play multiple impostor games. All the best to you Eastern VA Fan and others on the growing wall of fame. I might check back from time to time to see what people are saying but this will constitute my last post. All future hsfballfan posts (like this one above) you can be sure will be put in by impostors. I tried the moderator role, the open it up to everyone role, the self-deprecating role never taking myself too seriously along the way. I voiced my love and support for my team vociferously (even cantankerously) but did it out of fun and respect for other teams (how many times did I say CVille will have difficulties with the 757 teams?), how many times did I invite people to talk about other teams including D5? So forget it, time for this poster on Fairfax Underground to truly go underground.

Good luck to the true searchers, have patience with those who have a chance to go in the right direction at some point, and screw the rest.

PEACE OUT....

Date: November 25, 2013 09:38AM

EasternVaFan Wrote:
> hsfballfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All of you that don't like me are sitting at
> home
> > and my team that I follow is still playing and
> we
> > are one of the greatest ever. Unless your team
> is
> > still playing don't tell me how good they or
> their
> > coaches are.
>
> People are expressing their opinions, just like
> you and I do here.
> It's cool if they don't agree with you, me or each
> other.
> The top 3 seeds are still playing--so there are no
> surprises except for SJ.
> People always appreciate somebody who wins with
> grace and character.
> It's hard to do sometimes bc fans naturally
> chatter and are loyal to their teams.
> I was transferred here thinking that the 757 had
> better FB, especially in D5 and sometimes in D6.
> In my first year here, I quickly saw how much
> balance the NR now North has.
> SB dominated D5, but you also recently have had
> very good Yorktown and SoCo.
> In D6, it's a free-for-all with Concorde and a few
> rotating Patriot teams.
> You also have Loudoun teams besides SB doing well
> and the new classifications make that more
> interesting..
> We all come to this chat board looking for
> something.
> I'm learning a lot doing it and I like the banter,
> too.
> But you don't hearing me crowing about which team
> of mine titled.
> Don't let opinions get to you; try to keep people
> focused on the merits.
> This board could become something special if we
> all do our parts.

Exactly. Thank you EasternVA. hsfballfan one thing you might consider is that this forum is not about people liking you or not. It's about people pointing out the merits, and sometimes deficiencies that they see in their respective teams, and what might have been had the structure and mechanics been a little different. That's what's fun about it; kind of like fantasy football. For you it's all about Centreville right now, but be careful about putting any team on a pedestal, because they will eventually fall off. Centreville got exposed by South County's offense on Friday night, and they were lucky that South County continued to have an underperforming defense, and beat themselves on offense with turnovers. They knew what South County was bringing with the triple option, and even their DC came from South County, but they STILL couldn't stop it. Credit some big time athletes from SC who played as a team to run it right at Centreville and basically manhandle them. But a great team takes care of the ball in the big game and they play for 4 quarters and they finish it, which SC failed to do. We give credit to Centreville for responding to taking a pounding most of the game and then doing what they needed to do to get the win.

Date: November 25, 2013 09:38AM

and by the way I am a 13 year old whiz kid....

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: November 25, 2013 10:47AM

I was at the Robinson game, it was a very hard fought game and could have gone either way. WF didn't pull any punches they did what worked for them the whole year, ground and pound and didn't back off to it. They did line up #1 at QB for direct snaps which proved to be very good for first downs. If Robinson held Thrasher to under 150 yards they would have won this game. Robinson did not make any adjustments on D which surprised me, with a WF feeble attempt to pass, I would have blitz'd, stacked the box and bring up safety's etc. The front line for WF is very big and had the better of the Rob D line. I was although impressed with Robinsons play calling and though other than one int that Jack Rowlett showed great poise. He threw some extremely nice passes in small areas with great accuracy. Joe Wilson played better, but doesn't have last years breakaway speed. He did make some great tackles on D. I'm sure Dam Meier was hoping for last years version of Wilson. Proof that not working out and being caught up in your own hype doesn't pay off.
Denham proved to be a really good back but dropped a crucial pass in the second quarter. Avyn really did a great job getting the tough yards at RB, a tough task when your playing Linebacker the whole game. Rockwood Rob's punter/Kicker had an amazing game, really keeping his team in it. He had a 50 plus yard punt inside the 5 and two great corner kickoffs that forced a WF returner over the out of bounds. Not sure why Rob had him short kick his first kickoff, that gave WF great field position. The Rowlett int gave WF good field position that turned into a TD.
I thought WF played a bit more intense and looked a tad more hungry. Rob after the last two years probably forgot how to win and didn't realize how hard it is to get to the playoffs. For some kids, it's a long season.
I was impressed with Dan Meiers play calling, mixing up passes and all sorts of counters, outside runs etc... He also had Rowlett scramble out to the right and pass back to the left with good results. I think he will be really good next year. They did have a trick play with the TE getting a backwards pass in which he threw for a long first down. WF defense was put in bad positions at times due to the different looks the offense had. The last play as I found out, TE for Rob was supposed to run a 5 yard hitch and just kept running causing the pass to hit him in the back. There was a huge running lane had he caught it. WF just out executed Rob defense and we all know that a good defense wins in the playoffs.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 11:04AM by KeepitReal.

Date: November 25, 2013 11:01AM

Onto the next week, I expect Cville to win against SJ. I do think SJ is playing really good football at the right time. I hope for the fans it's a good playoff game. LB is a much better team and more balanced than the last time they played WF. I expect LB players to turn it up a notch. With LB's passing attack, a Robinson exposing WF defense, should yield great results. Vince Sica is proving to be a really good go to guy at receiver. Trevor and Lee are a nice 1-2 punch, one is like a extra large fire hydrant and the other is a speedy quick back. Henderson has proven to be a really good runner and when his passing game is on really does the job. Even though LB lost some great kids, others have filled in nicely. I would expect WF to fight hard but was not impressed with their overall game. After SoCo's performance last Friday, it has made me think if LB stays healthy, should win the game against Cville, but will be a close one.

Posted by: Ashburn Guy ()
Date: November 25, 2013 11:24AM

Ok, so I have posted many times, but usually the name in my e-mailhas something to do with my note, or my response to someone else. hs - step back off the ledge. We all love you, except for a few flamers. Don't let them win!

Let me drop some guarantees on everyone...

Stonewall has no chance of stopping, or even slowing down Centreville. They have given up 338 points this year. Saw Stroman up close and live last year, and he is impressive, but Cats will put a spy on him if they are smart, and in general commit to stopping him. Stonewall has a good coach, and will score some, but this gets away from them by the third quarter. Mark it down.

Next guarantee - Briar will defeat Broad Run. Broad Run will play better than they did last time v. Briar, but score might be similar when it is all said and done. They play with too much intensity, and will roll into 5N championship.

Not guaranteed, but confident in...

Braddock over Westfield. This should be close, but LB pulls away late to set up dream match-up.

For those that care, I think North Stafford-Massaponex will be a classic, and have a funny feeling that North Stafford finds a way to beat undefeated Massaponex, reversing their overtime loss earlier in the year.

I'll wait to next week to formally crown them, but believe that Centreville and Briar Woods will be the North's representatives in D6 and D5 title games.

Count on it.

Posted by: comingup ()
Date: November 25, 2013 11:48AM

KeepitReal Wrote:
> Onto the next week, I expect Cville to win against
> SJ. I do think SJ is playing really good football
> at the right time. I hope for the fans it's a
> good playoff game. LB is a much better team and
> more balanced than the last time they played WF.
> I expect LB players to turn it up a notch. With
> LB's passing attack, a Robinson exposing WF
> defense, should yield great results. Vince Sica
> is proving to be a really good go to guy at
> receiver. Trevor and Lee are a nice 1-2 punch,
> one is like a extra large fire hydrant and the
> other is a speedy quick back. Henderson has
> proven to be a really good runner and when his
> passing game is on really does the job. Even
> though LB lost some great kids, others have filled
> in nicely. I would expect WF to fight hard but
> was not impressed with their overall game. After
> SoCo's performance last Friday, it has made me
> think if LB stays healthy, should win the game
> against Cville, but will be a close one.

SJ/Cville should be a good game. It's worth it to see Stroman in action. To keep the game close, SJ has got to get their offense goin in the first half, and not fall behind like @ W-L. While SJ rallied to win against W-L and Langley, there would be no such opportunity against Centreville.

Posted by: A couple of points... ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:25PM

1. I like the fact that people are now saying Cville is the underdog to represent the north and LB is better because Cville's defense was exposed by SC.

2. SC can say all they want about what their offense did to Cville, the bottom line is Cville won. I dont care if they won by by 1 point or 100 points.They also won with a defense that was without their starting LB and an injured safety who pretty much played the game with one arm.

3. Tyler Love who is a very important part of Cville's LB core is recovering nicely and should be ready for the game against LB if they both meet in the regional finals.

4.If Tyler Love is back in a couple of weeks, Chad Wiggins will be able to resume his prowess of roaming the field and making plays in the backfield. This will put an end to the doubters notion about Cville having a dominant defense.

5. Biggest point of them all...Cville now has a chip on their shoulder and if all starters are healthy the next couple of weeks, watch out!

Posted by: nat4lee ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:26PM

Class 6A Playoffs -- Region Semifinals (State Quarterfinals)
Friday and Saturday, November 29 and 30, 2013

North

#13 Stonewall Jackson (8-4) at #1 Centreville (12-0) in Clifton on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
#3 Westfield (10-2) at #2 Lake Braddock (12-0) in Burke on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

South

#5 Forest Park (9-3) at #1 Oscar Smith (12-0) in Chesapeake on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
#3 Colonial Forge (9-3) at #2 Ocean Lakes (12-0) in Virginia Beach on Friday at 7:00 p.m.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 01:40PM by nat4lee.

Date: November 25, 2013 01:26PM

Class 5A Playoffs -- Region Semifinals (State Quarterfinals)
Friday and Saturday, November 29 and 30, 2013

North

#5 North Stafford (10-2) at #1 Massaponax (12-0) in Fredericksburg on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
#7 Broad Run (9-3) at #3 Briar Woods (11-1) in Ashburn on Friday at 1:30 p.m.

South

#2 Atlee (11-1) at #1 L.C. Bird (12-0) in Chesterfield on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
#2 Green Run (9-3) at #1 Salem (10-2) in Virginia Beach on Friday at 7:00 p.m.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 01:46PM by nat4lee.

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:51PM

KeepitReal Wrote:
> I was at the Robinson game, it was a very hard
> fought game and could have gone either way. WF
> didn't pull any punches they did what worked for
> them the whole year, ground and pound and didn't
> back off to it. They did line up #1 at QB for
> direct snaps which proved to be very good for
> first downs. If Robinson held Thrasher to under
> 150 yards they would have won this game. Robinson
> did not make any adjustments on D which surprised
> me, with a WF feeble attempt to pass, I would have
> blitz'd, stacked the box and bring up safety's
> etc. The front line for WF is very big and had the
> better of the Rob D line. I was although
> impressed with Robinsons play calling and though
> other than one int that Jack Rowlett showed great
> poise. He threw some extremely nice passes in
> small areas with great accuracy. Joe Wilson
> played better, but doesn't have last years
> breakaway speed. He did make some great tackles on
> D. I'm sure Dam Meier was hoping for last years
> version of Wilson. Proof that not working out and
> being caught up in your own hype doesn't pay off.
>
> Denham proved to be a really good back but dropped
> a crucial pass in the second quarter. Avyn really
> did a great job getting the tough yards at RB, a
> tough task when your playing Linebacker the whole
> game. Rockwood Rob's punter/Kicker had an amazing
> game, really keeping his team in it. He had a 50
> plus yard punt inside the 5 and two great corner
> kickoffs that forced a WF returner over the out of
> bounds. Not sure why Rob had him short kick his
> first kickoff, that gave WF great field position.
> The Rowlett int gave WF good field position that
> turned into a TD.
> I thought WF played a bit more intense and looked
> a tad more hungry. Rob after the last two years
> probably forgot how to win and didn't realize how
> hard it is to get to the playoffs. For some kids,
> it's a long season.
> I was impressed with Dan Meiers play calling,
> mixing up passes and all sorts of counters,
> outside runs etc... He also had Rowlett scramble
> out to the right and pass back to the left with
> good results. I think he will be really good next
> year. They did have a trick play with the TE
> getting a backwards pass in which he threw for a
> long first down. WF defense was put in bad
> positions at times due to the different looks the
> offense had. The last play as I found out, TE for
> Rob was supposed to run a 5 yard hitch and just
> kept running causing the pass to hit him in the
> back. There was a huge running lane had he caught
> it. WF just out executed Rob defense and we all
> know that a good defense wins in the playoffs.

This is an excellent summary of the game. I'd be giving more detailed comments but actual work has come into play...

Suffice to say I thought Westfield's offensive line played much better than vs. Hayfield and as a whole the team seemed more intense than last week.

Posted by: NoCoach ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:53PM

Broad Run vs Stone Bridge

What a terrible loss for the Stone Bridge program. BR is not a good football team and Mickey Thompson let SB just go through the motions all year and they underachieved.

Horrible refs in the game as there where 2 personal foul calls on the last drive of the game. The refs waited for the last drive of the game to try to clean it up?

Briar Woods will beat Broad Run again this week, probably shut them out. BW is well on the way to another state title.

Posted by: Monday Morning Quarterdeck ()
Date: November 25, 2013 02:17PM

StoneBridgers always pimp-walk when they win and whine when they lose....you can take that to the bank.

Dan Meier was hoping to catapault one more season to a new job out-of-state. Don't call the moving van just yet.

The 757 will once again ride or die over the 703 in two weeks.

Date: November 25, 2013 03:11PM

I said I would go away but I actually wrote this and feel the need to confess, I can't stay away
Cville 24-7 what?
"
1. I like the fact that people are now saying Cville is the underdog to represent the north and LB is better because Cville's defense was exposed by SC.

2. SC can say all they want about what their offense did to Cville, the bottom line is Cville won. I dont care if they won by by 1 point or 100 points.They also won with a defense that was without their starting LB and an injured safety who pretty much played the game with one arm.

3. Tyler Love who is a very important part of Cville's LB core is recovering nicely and should be ready for the game against LB if they both meet in the regional finals.

4.If Tyler Love is back in a couple of weeks, Chad Wiggins will be able to resume his prowess of roaming the field and making plays in the backfield. This will put an end to the doubters notion about Cville having a dominant defense.

5. Biggest point of them all...Cville now has a chip on their shoulder and if all starters are healthy the next couple of weeks, watch out!

Posted by: HSref ()
Date: November 25, 2013 03:47PM

Love how fans bash the refs when their teams and or coaches don't perform up to expectations. There are great calls and questionable calls in every game. When several refs drop a flag on a play the ref's may have gotten one call right. I do understand it comes with the territory. have to blame someone.

Posted by: fan of hsfballfan ()
Date: November 25, 2013 04:18PM

Being a reader of this site for awhile I think the last few posts ascribed to hsfballfan are fakes. I do not think he would apologize like that. Just leave the dude's namesake alone and post on your own names. There seems to be too much flexibility in who everyone calls themselves. Use one name and go with it. I typically only use one name, using another only this time not to take grief from you hsfballfan detractors over the long haul. Agree hsfballfan was a homer and a bit odd but he did make it interesting, kinda like my crazy Uncle Joe. If he wants to move on let him go already.

By the way while I am at it - go Lake Braddock!

Posted by: socofan ()
Date: November 25, 2013 04:27PM

Is it me or does Centreville not know how to use Tutt. What did he have 2 balls thrown his way. We could use him over here just saying!

Date: November 25, 2013 04:28PM

no it really is me I do want to confess I cant stay away, I cant stay away, believe believe, go Cville

Posted by: fan of hsfballfan ()
Date: November 25, 2013 04:28PM

I rest my case

Date: November 25, 2013 04:36PM

Folks, it is an easy matter to register your username on the site, takes all of 10 seconds, and no one else can post as you. Simple.

Date: November 25, 2013 04:38PM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> I said I would go away but I actually wrote this
> and feel the need to confess, I can't stay away
> Cville 24-7 what?
> "
> 1. I like the fact that people are now saying
> Cville is the underdog to represent the north and
> LB is better because Cville's defense was exposed
> by SC.
>
> 2. SC can say all they want about what their
> offense did to Cville, the bottom line is Cville
> won. I dont care if they won by by 1 point or 100
> points.They also won with a defense that was
> without their starting LB and an injured safety
> who pretty much played the game with one arm.
>
> 3. Tyler Love who is a very important part of
> Cville's LB core is recovering nicely and should
> be ready for the game against LB if they both meet
> in the regional finals.
>
> 4.If Tyler Love is back in a couple of weeks,
> Chad Wiggins will be able to resume his prowess of
> roaming the field and making plays in the
> backfield. This will put an end to the doubters
> notion about Cville having a dominant defense.
>
>
> 5. Biggest point of them all...Cville now has a
> chip on their shoulder and if all starters are
> healthy the next couple of weeks, watch out!

It's not just SC saying it. Plenty of people saw CV defense get dominated. Ok so what, it's over, SC lost, but it shows a serious CV weakness against a strong, shifty rushing attack, and they better work on it if they want to beat LB. They have to get through SJ first, which they probably will, but LB will be a different story. Quote all the stats you want, but having seen both teams play, if they played today LB would beat CV.

Date: November 25, 2013 04:45PM

Last weekend's contests just show us how close and how good the projected game between Centreville and Lake Braddock will be. Both teams have clearly shown their strengths and their weaknesses.

Here's an interesting nugget to think over: Lake Braddock will be well-tested in its game against Westfield, but can we say the same thing about Centreville?

Posted by: Hsfhockeyfan ()
Date: November 25, 2013 08:56PM

I think Westfield's superior stick work will be the difference this week.

Posted by: Viking ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:50PM

KeepitReal,

Excellent analysis. Any idea if Meier will be back next year.

What does Westfield need to do to make it a game with LB? I think Westfield has a pretty good chance to take this from LB, but it will be a very good game.

Have to concur that Centreville will handle Stonewall. Seen multiple films of Stonewall and they tend to play sandlot ball. Good talent, but not enough disciple to put things together in the crunch.

RootBoy,

Agree C’Ville defense is vulnerable to a strong running attack, but generally when coupled with the no huddle. They faced very strong running attacks by Westfield and Robinson, and did well. The key seemed to be the no huddle, as the secondary was completely confused most of the time, and the line was not playing the triple right.

Date: November 25, 2013 10:12PM

Viking Wrote:
> KeepitReal,
>
> Excellent analysis. Any idea if Meier will be
> back next year.
>
> What does Westfield need to do to make it a game
> with LB? I think Westfield has a pretty good
> chance to take this from LB, but it will be a very
> good game.
>
> Have to concur that Centreville will handle
> Stonewall. Seen multiple films of Stonewall and
> they tend to play sandlot ball. Good talent, but
> not enough disciple to put things together in the
> crunch.
>
> RootBoy,
>
> Agree C’Ville defense is vulnerable to a strong
> running attack, but generally when coupled with
> the no huddle. They faced very strong running
> attacks by Westfield and Robinson, and did well.
> The key seemed to be the no huddle, as the
> secondary was completely confused most of the
> time, and the line was not playing the triple
> right.

Westfield has a huge front line, but unfortunately they don't have a passing game and that will hurt them against LB. They also run basically tackle to tackle with #1 going outside on direct snaps. Hinder those two and put up 24 or more, LB will win. They key if the LB vs Centreville will be who puts up the most points.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: November 25, 2013 10:29PM

...... Wrote:
> If you tell me David Symmes shouldn't be going D1
> quarterback there's something wrong with you...
> Imagine if he actually cared more about football
> than lacrosse and how much better of a quarterback
> he would be.

Only saw Symmes play once this year - but he reminded me a lot of Oakton's Kyle Downer of last year.

Posted by: Hey NoCoach ()
Date: November 25, 2013 11:31PM

Hey NoCoach,

Some good points about Stone Bridge not really preparing for game with Broad Run, and it caught up to them.

Broad Run is very athletic, and their QB is often fastest player on the team. SB had no answer for his read options. Neither did Freedom-Woodbridge the week before. Should BR have lost to them? Of course not. But SB underachieves just about every year. Briar Woods would have waxed them anyway.

But don't rip on Broad Run. Sound program and sound team coming of age. I don't thin they will beat Briar, but they are going to give them a battle this time around, wait and see. They will likely beat Briar and SB next year!

Briar is going to states - trust me.

Date: November 25, 2013 11:49PM

KeepitReal,

Do you think Westfield can slow down LB’s passing? They have some good DBs, although they played way to loose earlier in the year and gave Henderson open receivers all game long. (South County kept much tighter coverage, but Henderson exploited a couple kids for TDs.) LB’s receivers are tall and pretty good, but watching Westfield’s DBs over several games, they may have a better shot this time, if they keep tight coverage.

If they do shut down the pass, can Henderson and O’Brien get enough on the ground, again given Westfield’s pretty good run defense?

Date: November 26, 2013 10:19AM

Viking Wrote:
> KeepitReal,
>
> Do you think Westfield can slow down LB’s
> passing? They have some good DBs, although they
> played way to loose earlier in the year and gave
> Henderson open receivers all game long. (South
> County kept much tighter coverage, but Henderson
> exploited a couple kids for TDs.) LB’s
> receivers are tall and pretty good, but watching
> Westfield’s DBs over several games, they may
> have a better shot this time, if they keep tight
> coverage.
>
> If they do shut down the pass, can Henderson and
> O’Brien get enough on the ground, again given
> Westfield’s pretty good run defense?

From what I saw last Friday, Robinson exploited WF DB's and defense with the passing game. Don't get me wrong, running is Robinson's MO, but the game showed me you can effectively use a play action and roll out passing game to win against WF. LB has a great running game with Caleb, Trevor, and Dejeon Lee. The weapons that LB can use between Calebs ability to scramble, the receivers and running backs will be hard to beat. WF has one good trait, their big up front, have a pound in your face running back and a really good quick Back to alternate with. The reason Cville is so good, they have multiple threats with a good solid defense. I think LB has gotten better over the season whereas WF has stayed the same. If LB can get through WF and meet Cville the following week, again they will have to put up big points to do so. I think they finish games better than SoCo. What hurt Cville, they never faced a good offense before SoCo, but LB is even better. The way SoCo played Cville, proved two possible points, LB kids may now know that Cville is beatable and Cville may not take a game for granted. It also could put doubt in the Cville players minds too. A good offensive and Defensive scheme is one thing, but one thing coaches can't control, is the emotion of their team or how inspired they play. You can give them all the Rah RAH SPEACH, but on the field it's up to the players

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 10:26AM by KeepitReal.

Date: November 26, 2013 02:38PM

KeepitReal Wrote:

> From what I saw last Friday, Robinson exploited WF
> DB's and defense with the passing game. Don't get
> me wrong, running is Robinson's MO, but the game
> showed me you can effectively use a play action
> and roll out passing game to win against WF.

Exploit is a bit over-stated I think. Robinson completed 7 passes for 77 yards (and the drop that could have been an important completion). But Westfield's vulnerability to play-action/roll out is nothing really new or striking. Their defense has showed ability to adapt to a lot of different styles of offense this year. Haven't given up more than 28 points in a game all season.

I'd like to see Westfield get Evan Gray involved in the offense against LB. They've kept him under wraps in the playoffs. He showed a lot of ability on catching passes coming out of the backfield and I look for some of that this weekend.

Posted by: mysteriomaco ()
Date: November 26, 2013 06:03PM

My ex wife is the one who did the exploiting

Date: November 26, 2013 11:17PM

KeepitReal,

C’Ville’s secondary is overrated. (And I include #23 in this mix. He’s a great running back, but to loose on his coverage. Same with #2.) They make spectacular plays (i.e., interceptions for TDs, typically when an inexperienced QB makes an errant throw or poor decision), but they do not cover receivers great. I’ve seen the DBs, and LBs, beat by a few/many yards on way to many occasions. Against a run of the mill QB that would probably be acceptable. Against a college lever passer, like Henderson, they are in trouble. If they don’t cover better or get someone who can, then the probable game against Henderson will be very interesting. (Next week’s LB-Westfield game, however, should still be terrific.)

Regarding Henderson. I have seen him on film and in person a number of times. I think he’s also overrated. He’s a good runner, but in my view not a good passer, despite the UNC offer. His lack of precision in his passes and tendency to heave the long ball hoping the receiver will run under it are minuses.

In the long run, the game could come down to whether C’Ville covers better or Henderson throws more accurately. If the C’Ville DBs don’t cover better, or find someone who can cover better, then Henderson’s passing could be the difference in the game.

At this point, the secondary is probably C’Ville’s weakest link. Their D-Line, however, also looks like it needs a lot of work as well, based on Friday’s game.

Date: November 27, 2013 08:16AM

RydellRoad Wrote:
> KeepitReal Wrote:
> -----
>
> > From what I saw last Friday, Robinson exploited
> WF
> > DB's and defense with the passing game. Don't
> get
> > me wrong, running is Robinson's MO, but the
> game
> > showed me you can effectively use a play action
> > and roll out passing game to win against WF.
>
> Exploit is a bit over-stated I think. Robinson
> completed 7 passes for 77 yards (and the drop that
> could have been an important completion). But
> Westfield's vulnerability to play-action/roll out
> is nothing really new or striking. Their defense
> has showed ability to adapt to a lot of different
> styles of offense this year. Haven't given up
> more than 28 points in a game all season.
>
> I'd like to see Westfield get Evan Gray involved
> in the offense against LB. They've kept him under
> wraps in the playoffs. He showed a lot of ability
> on catching passes coming out of the backfield and
> I look for some of that this weekend.

I probably didn't use the right term, but what I did mean was they were exposed in my eyes to a team that is proficient in the passing game. If you remember in the Robinson game, there were two other long passes dropped in the game that went in and out of the receivers hands. Rowlett would have had well over 100 yards in the game and for a running team that's a lot. I think they could have passed more. As we say in NY nothing for nothing WF Won the game.

Date: November 27, 2013 08:22AM

Viking Wrote:
> KeepitReal,
>
> C’Ville’s secondary is overrated. (And I
> include #23 in this mix. He’s a great running
> back, but to loose on his coverage. Same with
> #2.) They make spectacular plays (i.e.,
> interceptions for TDs, typically when an
> inexperienced QB makes an errant throw or poor
> decision), but they do not cover receivers great.
> I’ve seen the DBs, and LBs, beat by a few/many
> yards on way to many occasions. Against a run of
> the mill QB that would probably be acceptable.
> Against a college lever passer, like Henderson,
> they are in trouble. If they don’t cover better
> or get someone who can, then the probable game
> against Henderson will be very interesting. (Next
> week’s LB-Westfield game, however, should still
> be terrific.)
>
> Regarding Henderson. I have seen him on film and
> in person a number of times. I think he’s also
> overrated. He’s a good runner, but in my view
> not a good passer, despite the UNC offer. His
> lack of precision in his passes and tendency to
> heave the long ball hoping the receiver will run
> under it are minuses.
>
> In the long run, the game could come down to
> whether C’Ville covers better or Henderson
> throws more accurately. If the C’Ville DBs
> don’t cover better, or find someone who can
> cover better, then Henderson’s passing could be
> the difference in the game.
>
> At this point, the secondary is probably
> C’Ville’s weakest link. Their D-Line,
> however, also looks like it needs a lot of work as
> well, based on Friday’s game.

I can't speak on behalf of Cville, but agree about your assessment on Caleb, he's not a Neibrict or a Glennon for passing, but he does have those games when it comes together. His receivers on a whole are better this year and the running game had been established early in the year whereas last season midway through. Their quick screen passes work great to stop the rush. I want to see how they play WF, if they put up major numbers I will be more convinced for the following week.

Date: November 27, 2013 08:38AM

KeepitReal Wrote:

> I probably didn't use the right term, but what I
> did mean was they were exposed in my eyes to a
> team that is proficient in the passing game. If
> you remember in the Robinson game, there were two
> other long passes dropped in the game that went in
> and out of the receivers hands. Rowlett would have
> had well over 100 yards in the game and for a
> running team that's a lot. I think they could have
> passed more. As we say in NY nothing for nothing
> WF Won the game.

Henderson (LB), Thompson (SB) and Sydnor (Chantilly) all had decent games against Westfield throwing the ball. It's hard to stop both - WF decided to stop the run against and make Robinson beat them throwing the ball. Don't think that will work against LB.

Posted by: C'Ville is a Joke ()
Date: November 27, 2013 10:19AM

C'Ville will make it to the state championship, and they will get crushed (again) by Oscar Smith!! They are overrated, and not ready for any kind of speed. Have fun practicing for the next three weeks, only to get crushed (again) by Oscar Smith!! Catch us if you can!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dP_hGOugQLE

Go Tigers!!

Posted by: hmmmmmmm ()
Date: November 27, 2013 10:53AM

Hey Viking, in a single post you call Henderson a college level passer, and then a few sentences later you say that he is not a good passer. Which is it?

Posted by: Eff Ewe ()
Date: November 27, 2013 01:11PM

To the poster "CVille is a Joke" - they will be competitive and at least do it with kids who actually should go to CVille instead of recruiting and playing shady transfer games with kids from all over Tidewater to come to Oscar Smith. You will get yours, bad karma has a way of returning sooner or later.

Date: November 27, 2013 01:24PM

Good one Eff Ewe - I hear a lot of stories about cheating down in the 757 with football. Guess they cannot win with the teams in their schools so they pay kids from other schools to come in and play football. VHSL should investigate.

Posted by: Tidewater is Cheating ()
Date: November 27, 2013 01:37PM

I have heard the same thing. Too bad they have to do that down there, just play it straight dammit. This is not college.

Posted by: NoCoach ()
Date: November 27, 2013 01:48PM

I agree, Briar Woods will probably get to State Championship game this year and then probably fall off after this season when Trace graduates.

As for Stone Bridge, their program is in shambles. Unless they do some recruiting this offseason, they are destined for mediocrity, All their size and team speed is gone. They should have won state title last season when they had their best team and best chance.

Broad Run is a middling program with too many injuries and too many coaches leaving. Plus, they don't play with a alot of respect (they are dirty and talk a ton) which is why their program is not well liked through the state.

Date: November 27, 2013 02:04PM

C'Ville is a Joke Wrote:
> C'Ville will make it to the state championship,
> and they will get crushed (again) by Oscar Smith!!
> They are overrated, and not ready for any kind of
> speed. Have fun practicing for the next three
> weeks, only to get crushed (again) by Oscar
> Smith!! Catch us if you can!!!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd
> ed&v=dP_hGOugQLE
>
> Go Tigers!!
----------------------
I saw Smith's 42-2 win over defending D5 champ Lake Taylor. The Tigers' DL looked as good as its 2011 title team. Yet that was 11 games ago and Smith has to beat 2 more teams just to get to UVA. One team left is O. Lakes, which beat Smith in 2012 playoffs and gave Bird a tough game at UVA, 10-14. Like you, I "think" Smith will get to UVA but nobody should be surprised if O Lakes punks them again.

In the North, I saw LB last week and earlier. Its O is deceptively balanced and good. I have not seen C'Ville --- but that team blanked Westfield and outscored SoCo 27-0 in Q4. You know it just comes down to which team handles adversity and makes plays in key situations. That 2011 C'ville team was good, but didn't handle Smith's DL or respond after its star got hurt early. That same day, SoCo-Phoebus were 10-10 in the 3rd until Deloatch got loose on a few pass plays. He did the same thing in 2010. This Sat I'm watching C'Ville-SJ, expecting C'Ville to win by 10-14 points or so. Yet in the back of my mind is that SJ's losses came early in the year -- and that it just beat 2 higher seeds to get here. We are a long way from UVA and any team can have a bad or good game at this point. They all have done well this year; now it's a 3 game season.

Date: November 27, 2013 03:02PM

Eff Ewe Wrote:
> To the poster "CVille is a Joke" - they will be
> competitive and at least do it with kids who
> actually should go to CVille instead of recruiting
> and playing shady transfer games with kids from
> all over Tidewater to come to Oscar Smith. You
> will get yours, bad karma has a way of returning
> sooner or later.
-----------
Every region has kids who move around, legitimately. LB's QB transferred from WestPo. It was legal but people on this board complained for months. Now we have unsubstantiated complaints from posters here re 757 teams. Smith's Alabama-bound player Andrew Brown is no illegal transfer. See for yourself. The 757 teams have rivalries and know their players just like we do here. Those rivalries help to keep illegal recruiting in check. Lake Taylor crushed Phoebus last year 54-0 yet you didn't see Phoebes kids transferring. Instead, they put together a good season that included a tough 24-20 loss to DeMaths, our #1 ranked team. Rather than accuse based on rumor, please go see Smith, Ocean Lakes, Western Branch, Lake Taylor or Phoebus play one another. You will see the rivalries. The old NR has had 6 different teams win D6 in the past 20 years. That is great and shows the balance you have over time. If you look at ER, you see a similar thing. LANDSTOWN was great and titled but now it's Smith and Ocean Lakes with a few close followers and Lake Taylor and Phoebus in D5 and D4, respectively. Then look the schools putting players into D1 schools for ER; you will see that the talent is very dispersed, not concentrated. You can choose to believe the rumors or you can educate yourself about the region and appreciate how tough it is to title at UVA regardless of a team's regional origin.

Posted by: OneSBFan ()
Date: November 27, 2013 03:37PM

People should back up their claims of unfairness between regions. Last year, nobody here complained of illegal whatever when Bird from the CR came to Oakton and crushed the NR D6 champ and then beat Ocean Lakes at UVA. Also last year, nobody complained about transfers when we went to UVA and fumbled 10 yards away from getting our 2nd D5 title in 5 years. I've seen almost every SB playoff game since the school was built and every recent D6 and D5 title game at UVA. Usually, games have been close and the talent evenly distributed. Anybody who says beach teams are much better than here or in the old CR hasn't seen enough teams and games, including those Westfield title teams or last year's Bird. I'm aware of rivalries in both places and laugh at claims that teams cheat. The talent is too spread out for that and any of the remaining D6 and D5 teams could go 3-0 at this point. People said Oakton would lose in the first round of NR playoffs last year, yet won all 3 games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 03:39PM by OneSBFan.

Posted by: Cheetahaz ()
Date: November 27, 2013 04:01PM

Too bad the 757 have to recruit players through special programs that mask football players coming in to play. Poor sportsmanship.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: November 27, 2013 04:32PM

O Smith had the speed advantage over Westfield in 2007 - 3 D1 senior recruit receivers and the junior was the fastest kid on the field, but Westfield won anyway.

Reasons...

Westfield had a great punting/kicking game, O Smith's was dreadful. 25 yards a punt difference, field goals from the 30+ and kickoffs into the endzone.

Glennon - Glennon a senior - threw darts, had a senior's gamesmanship, and had the confidence of everyone on the team - they "knew" he'd get it done and he did, too.

And, as Berdhius said, luck.

C'Ville is a Joke Wrote:
> C'Ville will make it to the state championship,
> and they will get crushed (again) by Oscar Smith!!
> They are overrated, and not ready for any kind of
> speed. Have fun practicing for the next three
> weeks, only to get crushed (again) by Oscar
> Smith!! Catch us if you can!!!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd
> ed&v=dP_hGOugQLE
>
> Go Tigers!!

Posted by: The 703 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 04:35PM

On the eve of Thxgiving I am thankful this kind of cheating does not happen so much in the 703 except maybe for Henderson

Posted by: SECEAST ()
Date: November 27, 2013 05:12PM

You people who make claims of cheating don't know "jack" about how VHSL cut down on that back in 1998 and since. In 1998, they made the change that prevents a student from moving in with a family member who is not a parent and playing for the new school within 365 days.

http://articles.dailypress.com/1998-05-08/sports/9805080014_1_transfer-eligibility-new-rules-move

You also ignore the VHSL rule that a player living with a parent or guardian can't play for another school without a change in physical address, e.g., what happened at LB with Henderson. Just like up here, programs differ by school, e.g., IB programs. That's the same as down there--O.Smith offers an IB program. Here's the rule on those transfers who "cheat" by applying for competitive admission into it:
http://www.cpschools.com/Schools/OSH/PDFs/IBApplication.pdf
If you go IB, and then quit, you still can't go back to your school and play within 365 days.

WL and some other schools here have IB. WB just beat Yorktown in reg season for the first time in 30 years. Some students in the Yorktown district transfer to WL to attend WL's IB program. Does that mean WL cheated this year to beat Yorktown? Your comments about special programs masking football players moving around is a joke. You don't think the other teams would blow the whistle on that in a second? You saw it up here with LB and the crybabies were wrong, just like this time.

As was already stated on here, you posters ought to shut up or put up with your claims of cheating or unfair advantage. You act as if there's no way the North can compete or that it doesn't have special programs and NEVER had has a transfer. Oh, and I guess we're to believe that VHSL is complicit in the alleged cheating.

FB teaches you how to overcome adversity and not let teams dictate to you. Yet you posters already are making excuses and spreading rumors about players who just want to play and win--just like the players here. I'm not from the ER or the NR and played in the SEC. Everybody in that conference knows that the eastern part of VA has talent every year. That has nothing to do with transfers, recruiting, etc. Just look at who is playing D1, including at places such as Clemson, FLA STATE, etc.. Oh, and Jon Allen from SB lat year? When he was a kid guess where he lived? ER. This year, Andrew Brown has committed to Alabama. You do him a disservice with your lame posts.

Posted by: Fan ()
Date: November 27, 2013 05:30PM

Wow, I can't believe everyone is already anticipating a Centreville vs. Lake Braddock 6A North title game. If I’m not mistaken there are 2 games on Saturday to determine who gets to the championship game.

Not saying Centreville and Lake Braddock don't have a very legitimate shot to advance but anything can happen. Remember, their just a bunch of 15-18 kids out there who can and will make mistakes. I think Westfield has proven over the past 2 post season you certainly can expect the unexpected.

The Centreville-Stonewall Jackson game will come down to Stonewall’s inability to stop teams from scoring. Their offense can score points without a doubt but defense wins championships. Seen them on film and they just don't scare anyone from a defensive standpoint. Centreville is just too loaded on both sides of the ball, I would be surprised if Centreville didn’t win by at least 14.

The Westfield-Lake Braddock game might be closer than most think, remember LB won the game earlier this year 28-24. I watched the film, Westfield fumbled the first LB punt and set LB up inside the 20 for their first score. Wide receiver for Westfield, #1, dropped a wide open pass in the end zone just before half on 3rd down, bumbled snap on 4th and Westfield came away with 0 points. Early in the 3rd with LB up 14-9 Westfield attempted a fake punt, failed, LB got the ball on the Westfield side of the 50, another short field for their 3rd TD. The game winning TD came with under 2 minutes to go, the play before looked like Henderson threw an INT but refs said incomplete, looked good on film. Westfield got the ball back and drove the field only to have an INT at LB's 12 yard line with about 24 seconds or so. Also, Tyler Thrasher-Walker didn't play much of the 2nd half, he must have been injured, that’s the only reason why you wouldn’t have that kid on the field, he is a beast.

I honestly think this game could go either way, Westfield's strength is their D, huge DL's who are fast and aggressive. Their LB's can hit, their DB's too, yes I know they gave up a big play against Robinson but that looked to be a blown coverage. Also, Westfield has a big OL as well, they like to pound the ball, the last few games they've run the wildcat with Burns(#1) as the QB, he will be the fastest kid on the field Saturday. If Westfield can establish the run Henderson’s opportunities could be limited, best way to beat LB is to keep their QB on the sideline.

I just think anyone that believes the Westfield game will be a walk in the park for Lake Braddock might consider this, Westfield's only 2 losses were against the top 2 seeds. I would imagine they have a pretty decent team over there, LB might not want to look past them!

Posted by: aghast at the news ()
Date: November 27, 2013 06:14PM

I have heard from many people (credible sources all of them) as well both in 703 and 757 about the cheating that goes on in both places but especially in the 757. Shameful, shameful, shameful.

Date: November 27, 2013 06:40PM

Just take a look at Oscar Smith defensive line, you are telling me no transfers - guess they grow multiple 300 lb 4.7 speed kids down there in a few block radius. I also have swamp land to sell you.

Posted by: concerned parents ()
Date: November 27, 2013 06:45PM

I had not heard about this, can anyone feel me in more about the cheating you are discussing here. Hope this is not going on down there in South VA.

Date: November 27, 2013 06:49PM

Concerned Parents, there is rampant recruiting and transferring and stacking of teams down in Tidewater area. Bunch of BS that VHSL should stop.

Date: November 27, 2013 06:50PM

thx, yikes - that is not good

Date: November 27, 2013 06:54PM

Fan Wrote:

> Also, Tyler Thrasher-Walker didn't play much of the 2nd half,
> he must have been injured, that’s the only
> reason why you wouldn’t have that kid on the
> field, he is a beast.

No one ever mentioned it because he is a tough kid, but yes, he hurt his shoulder in the Fairfax game. Look at his numbers the following week vs. SB and then Cville. Don't know if he is 100% even now. I might add it was on a late hit - he was about 5 feet out of bounds... and there was no penalty called.

http://gameday.smugmug.com/Football/FOOTBALL-2013/Westfield-vs-Fairfax-Photos-By/i-ctdJ9rT

Date: November 27, 2013 07:25PM

mysteriomaco Wrote:
> Just take a look at Oscar Smith defensive line,
> you are telling me no transfers - guess they grow
> multiple 300 lb 4.7 speed kids down there in a few
> block radius. I also have swamp land to sell you.

------
You are SO wrong about O. Smith--it doesn't have ANY DL who runs 4.7. Andrew Brown, the Alabama recruit, runs 5.06. See recruiting.scout.com. Also, the fastest 40 ever for a 300 pounder was Terron Armstesd's 4.65 at NFL 2013 combine and nobody there could remember a 4.7 in the past. See www.oscarsmithfootball.com. You see players the same size as those at Westfield, Lake Taylor, etc. Brown is a legal player and so are the others. Smith has + 2000 enrollments like C'Ville and doesn't recruit like some smaller schools did in the mid-1990s that triggered the big VHSL rule changes.

Our NR champ last year got crushed by Bird from the CR. Did you see how dominate and physical Bird was? Does Bird recruit, too? Do LC schools that have won so much cheat, too? Remember the ex-assistant coach at a Fairfax County school that pled guilty to 'roid distribution last year? I can give you the link if the generator on the swampland you mention has impaired your memory. Sell that land and learn some facts. Both the North and the South have teams that can play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 07:39PM by EasternVaFan.

Posted by: ramfan2014 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 07:33PM

Fan Wrote:
> Wow, I can't believe everyone is already
> anticipating a Centreville vs. Lake Braddock 6A
> North title game. If I’m not mistaken there are
> 2 games on Saturday to determine who gets to the
> championship game.
>
> Not saying Centreville and Lake Braddock don't
> have a very legitimate shot to advance but
> anything can happen. Remember, their just a bunch
> of 15-18 kids out there who can and will make
> mistakes. I think Westfield has proven over the
> past 2 post season you certainly can expect the
> unexpected.
>
> The Centreville-Stonewall Jackson game will come
> down to Stonewall’s inability to stop teams from
> scoring. Their offense can score points without a
> doubt but defense wins championships. Seen them on
> film and they just don't scare anyone from a
> defensive standpoint. Centreville is just too
> loaded on both sides of the ball, I would be
> surprised if Centreville didn’t win by at least
> 14.
>
> The Westfield-Lake Braddock game might be closer
> than most think, remember LB won the game earlier
> this year 28-24. I watched the film, Westfield
> fumbled the first LB punt and set LB up inside the
> 20 for their first score. Wide receiver for
> Westfield, #1, dropped a wide open pass in the end
> zone just before half on 3rd down, bumbled snap on
> 4th and Westfield came away with 0 points. Early
> in the 3rd with LB up 14-9 Westfield attempted a
> fake punt, failed, LB got the ball on the
> Westfield side of the 50, another short field for
> their 3rd TD. The game winning TD came with under
> 2 minutes to go, the play before looked like
> Henderson threw an INT but refs said incomplete,
> looked good on film. Westfield got the ball back
> and drove the field only to have an INT at LB's 12
> yard line with about 24 seconds or so. Also, Tyler
> Thrasher-Walker didn't play much of the 2nd half,
> he must have been injured, that’s the only
> reason why you wouldn’t have that kid on the
> field, he is a beast.
>
> I honestly think this game could go either way,
> Westfield's strength is their D, huge DL's who are
> fast and aggressive. Their LB's can hit, their
> DB's too, yes I know they gave up a big play
> against Robinson but that looked to be a blown
> coverage. Also, Westfield has a big OL as well,
> they like to pound the ball, the last few games
> they've run the wildcat with Burns(#1) as the QB,
> he will be the fastest kid on the field Saturday.
> If Westfield can establish the run Henderson’s
> opportunities could be limited, best way to beat
> LB is to keep their QB on the sideline.
>
> I just think anyone that believes the Westfield
> game will be a walk in the park for Lake Braddock
> might consider this, Westfield's only 2 losses
> were against the top 2 seeds. I would imagine they
> have a pretty decent team over there, LB might not
> want to look past them!

You are telling everyone that LB shouldnt look past Westfield, which I am sure they are not. Do you think that Centreville is looking past Stonewall?

Centreville is not as good as the "Centreville homers" on here have been hyping.
They will have problems with Stonewalls offense and this game will be much closer then Centreville thinks. If they fall behind in this one, Stone wall will put them away.

Date: November 27, 2013 07:50PM

aghast at the news Wrote:
> I have heard from many people (credible sources
> all of them) as well both in 703 and 757 about the
> cheating that goes on in both places but
> especially in the 757. Shameful, shameful,
> shameful.

When it comes to recruiting and transferring, you'd be right if you are describing behavior in the mid-1990s. As for recent incidents, are you referring in part to the ex-assistant here who got caught with intent to distribute 'droids 2 years ago? I hope the "credible sources" do their civic duty and report what they know.

Date: November 27, 2013 07:58PM

mysteriomaco Wrote:
> Concerned Parents, there is rampant recruiting and
> transferring and stacking of teams down in
> Tidewater area. Bunch of BS that VHSL should
> stop.

See posts above re what mythology these claims are. Concerned parents saw the NR champs of the last 2 years (Oakton and C'Ville) get crushed by teams from the CR and NR and so we have the complaints. No complaints in years this region wins, only rants against LC schools on here. "Rampant recruiting and transferring" is comical. Again, see above posts and go see how many teams in the East can play. The talent is too dispersed to support these BS claims.

Posted by: NOVA ONE TWO THREE ()
Date: November 27, 2013 08:49PM

Sorry Eastern VA Fan I have heard all of the same, a lot of shenanigans with transferring and building a few power teams down in 757. Not sure it can be denied at this point. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Date: November 27, 2013 09:05PM

Yeah don't talk to me about mythology. The 757 cheats.

Date: November 27, 2013 09:33PM

NOVA ONE TWO THREE Wrote:
> Sorry Eastern VA Fan I have heard all of the same,
> a lot of shenanigans with transferring and
> building a few power teams down in 757. Not sure
> it can be denied at this point. Where there is
> smoke there is fire.

I hear you, but which teams given how many are good right now, seriously.

Date: November 27, 2013 09:34PM

mysteriomaco Wrote:
> Yeah don't talk to me about mythology. The 757
> cheats.

Prove it you loser

Date: November 27, 2013 09:35PM

mysteriomaco Wrote:
> Yeah don't talk to me about mythology. The 757
> cheats.

Put up or shut up

Date: November 27, 2013 09:36PM

NOVA ONE TWO THREE Wrote:
> Sorry Eastern VA Fan I have heard all of the same,
> a lot of shenanigans with transferring and
> building a few power teams down in 757. Not sure
> it can be denied at this point. Where there is
> smoke there is fire.

Where there's smoke they also elect a pope.
You can do better than that or just keep making up BS because our D1 talent here is so scarce and LC has gained on you too. Put up the info you have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 09:37PM by EasternVaFan.

Date: November 27, 2013 09:46PM

Hmmmmmmm,

My mistake. I rewrote the post and meant to say Henderson is not a great passer. I do think he is college level, but I have yet to be fully impressed. My point of reference is Nebricht, who was very good in comparison, with often great throws and runs. I also look at him in comparison to the Glennon’s and Renner from West Springfield. Just don’t think he is up to their caliber.

Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks again, KeepitReal.

Spot on, as usual. I think Henderson’s receivers are better this year than last. They are helping him considerably.

Fan,

I’m probably guilty of already looking at a LB-C’Ville game. I agree LB-Westfield is going to be a helluva game. Possibly the best game of the season. I’ve seen four Stonewall games and just am not that impressed. Just don’t seem them being able to use the same stuff against C’Ville that has worked offensively for them against other teams.

Date: November 27, 2013 09:47PM

Same old complaints almost every year. These posters complain about LB and HENDERSON, they complain about LOUDOUN programs and also the beach. These people just can't face losing the grip they had in D6 and it's fading fast. Let's see what happens this year. How many FC schools are in the WaPo top 20 any more? Just a few at the top--nobody else. That looks like stacking the deck if you want to claim that about the beach or LC. BTW, did you see what DeMatha did to Westield in the scrimmage this year? Things have changed so much the last few years ... Let the crybabies cry since VHSL is on record about the cleanups for the mid-1999s among the smaller schools vs today.

Date: November 27, 2013 09:48PM

I do not have a dog in this fight but must say Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is palpable.

Date: November 27, 2013 10:00PM

concerned parents Wrote:
> I do not have a dog in this fight but must say
> Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is
> palpable.

I see that too but did you see his post above that nobody commented on--it's the same old thing every year. The recruiting and transferring was big in the 1990s before the VHSL rule changes. It just can't be that the beach has talent, too, can it? Again, people are freaked out about the sudden loss of power in D6 the past 2 years and it might happen this year, too.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 10:02PM by SECEAST.

Date: November 27, 2013 10:19PM

concerned parents Wrote:
> I do not have a dog in this fight but must say
> Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is
> palpable.

If you read my posts here this season, until today they have been about FB and how good it is across the state. I grew up in the military, saw the FB in ER and found it to be good. Now I'm here and have reported finding the same thing. I've seen the complaints about LB, Henderson, LOUDOUN, private schools recruiting (Stanford's QB is from McLean but played in the WCAC), and beach teams. When you ask about it, all you get is "the 757 cheats." Only a few posters have pointed out how teams such as Westfield took down the beach teams and were just as physical, or that Bird came up here last year and won and then beat the darn beach team at UVA. My dog in this fight is for people to cite examples of cheating aside from possibly the ex-FC assistant coach who got caught with intent to distribute 'roids but nobody cheats here.

Date: November 27, 2013 10:31PM

Easternvafan and seceast:

Let the people complain. I'm on here to talk FB. Who do you have for this week's games in the North and why? I think the seeds were right and that it will be LB and C'Ville. I see LB scoring more this time around, maybe 35-24. It's had enough time to tighten the passing game and get some balance on O, too. I think C'Ville will score plenty on SJ, maybe 48-34, or worse. In D5, I hate to say it but BW is likely to go downstate That said, it's tough to beat a good team twice so the rematches including for LB could be tough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 10:33PM by OneSBFan.

Posted by: The Truthteller ()
Date: November 28, 2013 12:20AM

SECEAST Wrote:
> concerned parents Wrote:
> -----
> > I do not have a dog in this fight but must say
> > Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is
> > palpable.
>
>
> I see that too but did you see his post above that
> nobody commented on--it's the same old thing every
> year. The recruiting and transferring was big in
> the 1990s before the VHSL rule changes. It just
> can't be that the beach has talent, too, can it?
> Again, people are freaked out about the sudden
> loss of power in D6 the past 2 years and it might
> happen this year, too.

Every school district sets their own rules for transfers. VHSL has nothing to do with it, that's just more Bullshit from the Beach. The Chesapeake school system allows kids to go to whatever school they want as long as they provide their own transportation. So of course Football players flock to Oscar Smith to get seen, why do you think they beat every other Chesapeake school so soundly, anyone who is a player is at Oscar Smith. I really don't give a shit, but don't try and say they don't transfer players in with no problems. It is a lie and anyone who says different is either ignorant of the facts or a liar.

Posted by: Matt Sturbate ()
Date: November 28, 2013 05:22AM

Viking Wrote:
> Hmmmmmmm,
>
> My mistake. I rewrote the post and meant to say
> Henderson is not a great passer. I do think he is
> college level, but I have yet to be fully
> impressed. My point of reference is Nebricht, who
> was very good in comparison, with often great
> throws and runs. I also look at him in comparison
> to the Glennon’s and Renner from West
> Springfield. Just don’t think he is up to their
> caliber.
>
> Sorry about the confusion.
>
> Thanks again, KeepitReal.
>
> Spot on, as usual. I think Henderson’s
> receivers are better this year than last. They
> are helping him considerably.
>
> Fan,
>
> I’m probably guilty of already looking at a
> LB-C’Ville game. I agree LB-Westfield is going
> to be a helluva game. Possibly the best game of
> the season. I’ve seen four Stonewall games and
> just am not that impressed. Just don’t seem
> them being able to use the same stuff against
> C’Ville that has worked offensively for them
> against other teams.

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/HQT9q4sCyUyyg-rBHaXNYw/caleb-hendersons-incredible-touchdown-pass.htm

So, I'm not too sure Henderson isn't a great passer. Granted, this looks like its "just thrown up there" but Henderson threw this pass right after he should have been sacked. He wasn't, and was able to spot his receiver and make a *60 yard throw* to the back of the end zone. His receiver made an excellent catch, but someone had to deliver the ball 60 yards, right?
Looks like a pretty solid passer, IMHO.
Couple that with his ability to run the ball, he's an elite high school QB. Viking, when did you see him play? What games? Half of the season, the first team was pulled off the field so LB didn't get injured or run up the score. You may not have enough data points. LB has been killing it in the playoffs. Their receivers are very very solid, and their running game has been balanced with their passing game.

Date: November 28, 2013 09:26AM

Date: November 27, 2013 09:47PM

"Same old complaints almost every year. These posters complain about LB and HENDERSON, they complain about LOUDOUN programs and also the beach. These people just can't face losing the grip they had in D6 and it's fading fast. Let's see what happens this year. How many FC schools are in the WaPo top 20 any more? Just a few at the top--nobody else. That looks like stacking the deck if you want to claim that about the beach or LC. BTW, did you see what DeMatha did to Westield in the scrimmage this year? Things have changed so much the last few years ... Let the crybabies cry since VHSL is on record about the cleanups for the mid-1999s among the smaller schools vs today."

I could care less about the argument in regard to "stacking" teams either in the 757 or 703. Truth is every year you have a family that might move into another schools boundaries just so a kid can play ball. Westfield do it with both Eddie Royal and Evan Royster. Chad Wiggins was in LC if I'm not mistaken before moving to Centreville, maybe I'm wrong. Point is it happens all the time, kids who have a real shot moving to the next level, there families are willing to make those sacrifices. I don't think it's cheating, just might not be fair to the program who loses out.

SECEAST,

I've got news for you, DeMatha would crush and public high school they played, 757 or 707. Westfield has been playing the for years, Verbanic/Simmons believe the only way to judge your strengths and weaknesses is to play preseason games against top opponents. Last year Westfield also played LC Bird, this year Quince Orchard. I can also tell you DeMatha has always done well against Westfield, never been close. If you watched the game you probably saw Westfield go through 3 rotations, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stringers against DeMatha's starters. Westfield wasn't worried about who won, they were attempting to evaluate talent.

DeMatha recruits, from everywhere, they don't have anyone on that roster who wasn't the top player from whatever high school they came from. They also don't just recruit from the DC-Metro area, all over the country. Their best RB is from Pittsburgh! No offense to Centreville but I find it laughable that in the Post top 20 coaches poll some have Centreville ranked above DeMatha, Centreville is talented but not at DeMatha's level. There are only 2 or 3 players on Centreville's roster that could potentially have a shot of making the team! So please don't use the outcome of the Westfield-Dematha scrimmage to say that 703's talent is diminishing because that's asinine!!

Date: November 28, 2013 09:31AM

Sorry for my grammatical errors, keys too small and slow on my IPhone!

Date: November 28, 2013 10:10AM

The Truthteller Wrote:
> SECEAST Wrote:
> -----
> > concerned parents Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I do not have a dog in this fight but must
> say
> > > Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is
> > > palpable.
> >
> >
> > I see that too but did you see his post above
> that
> > nobody commented on--it's the same old thing
> every
> > year. The recruiting and transferring was big
> in
> > the 1990s before the VHSL rule changes. It just
> > can't be that the beach has talent, too, can
> it?
> > Again, people are freaked out about the sudden
> > loss of power in D6 the past 2 years and it
> might
> > happen this year, too.
>
>
> Every school district sets their own rules for
> transfers. VHSL has nothing to do with it, that's
> just more Bullshit from the Beach. The Chesapeake
> school system allows kids to go to whatever school
> they want as long as they provide their own
> transportation. So of course Football players
> flock to Oscar Smith to get seen, why do you think
> they beat every other Chesapeake school so
> soundly, anyone who is a player is at Oscar Smith.
> I really don't give a shit, but don't try and say
> they don't transfer players in with no problems.
> It is a lie and anyone who says different is
> either ignorant of the facts or a liar.
-------------
You don't know jack. VHSL governs who plays after they move and Ocean Lakes BEAT Oscar Smith last year in playoffs to get to UVA. Another big talker who doesn't know jack.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2013 10:19AM by OneSBFan.

Date: November 28, 2013 10:16AM

Fan Wrote:
> Re: Highschool Football 2013
> Posted by: SECEAST ()
> Date: November 27, 2013 09:47PM
>
> "Same old complaints almost every year. These
> posters complain about LB and HENDERSON, they
> complain about LOUDOUN programs and also the
> beach. These people just can't face losing the
> grip they had in D6 and it's fading fast. Let's
> see what happens this year. How many FC schools
> are in the WaPo top 20 any more? Just a few at the
> top--nobody else. That looks like stacking the
> deck if you want to claim that about the beach or
> LC. BTW, did you see what DeMatha did to Westield
> in the scrimmage this year? Things have changed so
> much the last few years ... Let the crybabies cry
> since VHSL is on record about the cleanups for the
> mid-1999s among the smaller schools vs today."
>
> I could care less about the argument in regard to
> "stacking" teams either in the 757 or 703. Truth
> is every year you have a family that might move
> into another schools boundaries just so a kid can
> play ball. Westfield do it with both Eddie Royal
> and Evan Royster. Chad Wiggins was in LC if I'm
> not mistaken before moving to Centreville, maybe
> I'm wrong. Point is it happens all the time, kids
> who have a real shot moving to the next level,
> there families are willing to make those
> sacrifices. I don't think it's cheating, just
> might not be fair to the program who loses out.
>
> SECEAST,
>
> I've got news for you, DeMatha would crush and
> public high school they played, 757 or 707.
> Westfield has been playing the for years,
> Verbanic/Simmons believe the only way to judge
> your strengths and weaknesses is to play preseason
> games against top opponents. Last year Westfield
> also played LC Bird, this year Quince Orchard. I
> can also tell you DeMatha has always done well
> against Westfield, never been close. If you
> watched the game you probably saw Westfield go
> through 3 rotations, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stringers
> against DeMatha's starters. Westfield wasn't
> worried about who won, they were attempting to
> evaluate talent.
>
> DeMatha recruits, from everywhere, they don't have
> anyone on that roster who wasn't the top player
> from whatever high school they came from. They
> also don't just recruit from the DC-Metro area,
> all over the country. Their best RB is from
> Pittsburgh! No offense to Centreville but I find
> it laughable that in the Post top 20 coaches poll
> some have Centreville ranked above DeMatha,
> Centreville is talented but not at DeMatha's
> level. There are only 2 or 3 players on
> Centreville's roster that could potentially have a
> shot of making the team! So please don't use the
> outcome of the Westfield-Dematha scrimmage to say
> that 703's talent is diminishing because that's
> asinine!!

DeMatha would crush any 757 or 707 school? DeMatha struggled to beat now-D4 Phoebus this year in a real game, 24-20--and it was played in Hyattsville. Agree with all your other points, though; well said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2013 10:17AM by OneSBFan.

Date: November 28, 2013 11:17AM

OneSBFan Wrote:
> The Truthteller Wrote:
> -----
> > SECEAST Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > concerned parents Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I do not have a dog in this fight but must
> > say
> > > > Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is
> > > > palpable.
> > >
> > >
> > > I see that too but did you see his post above
> > that
> > > nobody commented on--it's the same old thing
> > every
> > > year. The recruiting and transferring was big
> > in
> > > the 1990s before the VHSL rule changes. It
> just
> > > can't be that the beach has talent, too, can
> > it?
> > > Again, people are freaked out about the
> sudden
> > > loss of power in D6 the past 2 years and it
> > might
> > > happen this year, too.
> >
> >
> > Every school district sets their own rules for
> > transfers. VHSL has nothing to do with it,
> that's
> > just more Bullshit from the Beach. The
> Chesapeake
> > school system allows kids to go to whatever
> school
> > they want as long as they provide their own
> > transportation. So of course Football players
> > flock to Oscar Smith to get seen, why do you
> think
> > they beat every other Chesapeake school so
> > soundly, anyone who is a player is at Oscar
> Smith.
> > I really don't give a shit, but don't try and
> say
> > they don't transfer players in with no problems.
>
> > It is a lie and anyone who says different is
> > either ignorant of the facts or a liar.
> -------------
> You don't know jack. VHSL governs who plays after
> they move and Ocean Lakes BEAT Oscar Smith last
> year in playoffs to get to UVA. Another big talker
> who doesn't know jack.

As I said before you are either ignorant of the facts or a liar, WHICH IS IT? The VHSL has nothing to do with determining transfers within a school district. Look it up before you answer!

Date: November 28, 2013 05:00PM

The Truthteller Wrote:
> OneSBFan Wrote:
> -----
> > The Truthteller Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > SECEAST Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > concerned parents Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > I do not have a dog in this fight but
> must
> > > say
> > > > > Eastern VA Fan that your defensiveness is
> > > > > palpable.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I see that too but did you see his post
> above
> > > that
> > > > nobody commented on--it's the same old
> thing
> > > every
> > > > year. The recruiting and transferring was
> big
> > > in
> > > > the 1990s before the VHSL rule changes. It
> > just
> > > > can't be that the beach has talent, too,
> can
> > > it?
> > > > Again, people are freaked out about the
> > sudden
> > > > loss of power in D6 the past 2 years and it
> > > might
> > > > happen this year, too.
> > >
> > >
> > > Every school district sets their own rules
> for
> > > transfers. VHSL has nothing to do with it,
> > that's
> > > just more Bullshit from the Beach. The
> > Chesapeake
> > > school system allows kids to go to whatever
> > school
> > > they want as long as they provide their own
> > > transportation. So of course Football players
> > > flock to Oscar Smith to get seen, why do you
> > think
> > > they beat every other Chesapeake school so
> > > soundly, anyone who is a player is at Oscar
> > Smith.
> > > I really don't give a shit, but don't try and
> > say
> > > they don't transfer players in with no
> problems.
> >
> > > It is a lie and anyone who says different is
> > > either ignorant of the facts or a liar.
> > -------------
> > You don't know jack. VHSL governs who plays
> after
> > they move and Ocean Lakes BEAT Oscar Smith last
> > year in playoffs to get to UVA. Another big
> talker
> > who doesn't know jack.
>
>
> As I said before you are either ignorant of the
> facts or a liar, WHICH IS IT? The VHSL has
> nothing to do with determining transfers within a
> school district. Look it up before you answer!

--------------------
Truthteller: Read the rule book and then decide who is ignorant or lying. VHSL’s rules determines whether a student who transfers or moves is eligible to play football or any other VHSL sport. That makes every VHSL football team from the North and South subject to the same rules. See link below; reading the entire section on eligibility might help as it covers the LB move posters complained about, too. You also posted that Smith beats all the other beach schools soundly but didn’t even know that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last year’s playoffs. Anybody who doesn’t know that can’t know much about Virginia state-wide D6 football.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/pub-handbook-2013-142.pdf

Date: November 28, 2013 05:26PM

Truthteller:

You are SO wrong about which rules determine player eligibility after a move or transfer. Read VHSL's handbook (link below). Its rules determine whether a student who transfers or moves is eligible to play VHSL football. Each district decides whether to allow the transfer, but not whether a player can play. Even VHSL's waiver provisions now specifically restrict transfers for sports. You also posted that Smith beats all the other beach schools soundly, but didn’t know that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last year’s playoffs. How could you not know that? Seems like your posts are stuck in the mid-1990s before the VHSL cleanups on transfers/recruiting in 1998 and following. Read rules 28A-7-1 and 28-7-1(1), making it perfectly clear that you are not eligible if you move or transfer unless your parent or guardian has a corresponding change in physical address.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/pub-handbook-2013-142.pdf

PM 28A-7-1 (1) TRANSFER RULE/Move Requirement (1-71)-A student who moves
from one school to another with no move on the part of his parents is ineligible. This student can become eligible immediately when his parents move to the zone served by the student’s new school."

Date: November 28, 2013 06:16PM

SECEAST Wrote:
> Truthteller:
>
> You are SO wrong about which rules determine
> player eligibility after a move or transfer. Read
> VHSL's handbook (link below). Its rules determine
> whether a student who transfers or moves is
> eligible to play VHSL football. Each district
> decides whether to allow the transfer, but not
> whether a player can play. Even VHSL's waiver
> provisions now specifically restrict transfers for
> sports. You also posted that Smith beats all the
> other beach schools soundly, but didn’t know
> that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last year’s
> playoffs. How could you not know that? Seems like
> your posts are stuck in the mid-1990s before the
> VHSL cleanups on transfers/recruiting in 1998 and
> following. Read rules 28A-7-1 and 28-7-1(1),
> making it perfectly clear that you are not
> eligible if you move or transfer unless your
> parent or guardian has a corresponding change in
> physical address.
>
> http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/pub-handbook-2013-1
> 42.pdf
>
> PM 28A-7-1 (1) TRANSFER RULE/Move Requirement
> (1-71)-A student who moves
> from one school to another with no move on the
> part of his parents is ineligible. This student
> can become eligible immediately when his parents
> move to the zone served by the student’s new
> school."

------------
Thanks for shutting that dude down. People used to complain about SB, too, because they could not accept that Fairfax County has to share the spotlight with its newcomers to the west. We won 7 NR D5 titles in 10 years, titled once at state and almost had another one last year had we not fumbled at the end. Westfield beat us this year for the first time in 3 tries. We are having a somewhat down year but the point is that people always complain when one school starts winning more than its share. Let's get back to talking about the next games.

Date: November 28, 2013 06:50PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2013 06:51PM by newgatedenizen.

Date: November 28, 2013 07:56PM

Matt Sturbate,

Very impressive throw, but I’ve seen a number of others that were much less impressive. I’ve seen the Westfield, Robinson and South County games this year and the Lake Braddock-Centreville game last year on film. I think Henderson only came out for a short time in any of those games.

Fan,

I think the national polls disagree on the assessment that DeMatha would crush any Virginia high school teams. PrepNation and RivalsHigh100 have Oscar Smith, Ocean Lakes and Centreville all above DeMatha. Student Sports Fab50 has Ocean Lakes and USAToday/Massey has Oscar Smith above DeMatha. DeMatha is obviously good, but the four point game over Phoebus does not indicate the type of dominance that would lead to your conclusion. And Phoebus is not up to its usual standard.

Date: November 28, 2013 08:26PM

Let's see what happens this weekend. C'Ville probably watched film of Forest Park's 21-3 win over SJ in reg season. Forest Park also beat Varina last weekend so it has it going on right now. If Smith comes out flat, can Forest Park win?

What about the rematch between LB and Westfield. Anybody here picking the upset?

Posted by: football purist ()
Date: November 28, 2013 08:47PM

Wow lot of talk about all the cheating going on in VA high school football? Since when did this all start? Isn't there anything left that is close to pure?

Jeez.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: November 28, 2013 09:51PM

Fan Wrote:
>> since VHSL is on record about the cleanups for the
> mid-1999s among the smaller schools vs today." Re: Highschool Football 2013
> Posted by: SECEAST ()
> Date: November 27, 2013 09:47PM
>
> "Same old complaints almost every year. These
> posters complain about LB and HENDERSON, they
> complain about LOUDOUN programs and also the
> beach. These people just can't face losing the
> grip they had in D6 and it's fading fast. Let's
> see what happens this year. How many FC schools
> are in the WaPo top 20 any more? Just a few at the
> top--nobody else. That looks like stacking the
> deck if you want to claim that about the beach or
> LC. BTW, did you see what DeMatha did to Westield
> in the scrimmage this year? Things have changed so
> much the last few years ... Let the crybabies cry

>
> I could care less about the argument in regard to
> "stacking" teams either in the 757 or 703. Truth
> is every year you have a family that might move
> into another schools boundaries just so a kid can
> play ball. Westfield do it with both Eddie Royal
> and Evan Royster. Chad Wiggins was in LC if I'm
> not mistaken before moving to Centreville, maybe
> I'm wrong. Point is it happens all the time, kids
> who have a real shot moving to the next level,
> there families are willing to make those
> sacrifices. I don't think it's cheating, just
> might not be fair to the program who loses out.
>

I don't know about Eddie Royal, but he might have just been redistricted to Westfield when Westfield opened.

Evan Royster was on the parent working at a school exception... His mom worked at Westfield and wanted Evan to be coached by Verbanic who'd been coach of his older brother at Fairfax. So, not a move, but Evan played out of district.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:44PM

Division 5

North Stafford (-6.0) @ Massaponax
*North Stafford avenges their loss and hands Massaponax their first. Honestly I still haven't seen Massaponax and they may be the real deal, but I did see North Stafford and that team was loaded. I find it hard to believe a team beats them twice in one season.

Broad Run @ Briar Woods (-21.0)
*Still shocked Broad Run took down Stone Bridge, and actually quite disappointed. Stone Bridge was the better team and dominated Broad Run earlier in the season. A lot of people wanted to see the perenial state powers Stone Bridge and Briar Woods square off for the first time in the playoffs and going into the season I thought it would be a given. Not a huge Loudoun follower but I don't think Broad Run will play them close.

Division 6

Westfield @ Lake Braddock (-14.0)
*Again at this point in the season, all these teams are good, but just going off what I saw, I like Lake Braddock winning fairly comfortably this go around.

Stonewall Jackson @ Centreville (-20.0)
*Still haven't seen SJHS, but I'm guessing SJHS has not seen a team like Centreville this year. This may be a good one, but I am picking Centreville to cruise.

Date: November 28, 2013 11:46PM

WestfieldDad Wrote:

> Evan Royster was on the parent working at a school
> exception... His mom worked at Westfield and
> wanted Evan to be coached by Verbanic who'd been
> coach of his older brother at Fairfax. So, not a
> move, but Evan played out of district.

And she's still teaching at Westfield. No big deal at all.

Posted by: Bulldawg ()
Date: November 29, 2013 12:00AM

You heard it here first.....Westfield WILL beat Lake Braddock on Saturday.

Date: November 29, 2013 08:08AM

Bulldawg Wrote:
> You heard it here first.....Westfield WILL beat
> Lake Braddock on Saturday.

It's tough to beat a good team twice so you just might be right. Having seen LB twice, I think its O has good balance. I believe that this game will turn on which D makes plays in the key situations. D looms large deep in playoffs, and that starts with making 1st down a bad one for the O and not giving up many big plays.

Date: November 29, 2013 10:03AM

SECEAST Wrote:
> Truthteller:
>
> You are SO wrong about which rules determine
> player eligibility after a move or transfer. Read
> VHSL's handbook (link below). Its rules determine
> whether a student who transfers or moves is
> eligible to play VHSL football. Each district
> decides whether to allow the transfer, but not
> whether a player can play. Even VHSL's waiver
> provisions now specifically restrict transfers for
> sports. You also posted that Smith beats all the
> other beach schools soundly, but didn’t know
> that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last year’s
> playoffs. How could you not know that? Seems like
> your posts are stuck in the mid-1990s before the
> VHSL cleanups on transfers/recruiting in 1998 and
> following. Read rules 28A-7-1 and 28-7-1(1),
> making it perfectly clear that you are not
> eligible if you move or transfer unless your
> parent or guardian has a corresponding change in
> physical address.
>
> 42.pdf
>
> PM 28A-7-1 (1) TRANSFER RULE/Move Requirement
> (1-71)-A student who moves
> from one school to another with no move on the
> part of his parents is ineligible. This student
> can become eligible immediately when his parents
> move to the zone served by the student’s new
> school."

I love the way you quote the rule, BUT not the 3 pages of exceptions to the rule in the same book. School Districts set the rules for transfers and their eligibility, read the book again! Where it says Districts, that means School Districts, again sounds like you are just ignorant of the facts.

You are also not very observant, I said "other Chesapeake schools" Ocean Lakes is from Virginia Beach. Oscar Smith is from Chesapeake, again get your facts straight before you challenge the Truthteller. Bring that weak ass shit in here again and I will slap it back in your face, AGAIN.

Date: November 29, 2013 10:22AM

The Truthteller Wrote:
> SECEAST Wrote:
> -----
> > Truthteller:
> >
> > You are SO wrong about which rules determine
> > player eligibility after a move or transfer.
> Read
> > VHSL's handbook (link below). Its rules
> determine
> > whether a student who transfers or moves is
> > eligible to play VHSL football. Each district
> > decides whether to allow the transfer, but not
> > whether a player can play. Even VHSL's waiver
> > provisions now specifically restrict transfers
> for
> > sports. You also posted that Smith beats all
> the
> > other beach schools soundly, but didn’t know
> > that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last year’s
> > playoffs. How could you not know that? Seems
> like
> > your posts are stuck in the mid-1990s before
> the
> > VHSL cleanups on transfers/recruiting in 1998
> and
> > following. Read rules 28A-7-1 and 28-7-1(1),
> > making it perfectly clear that you are not
> > eligible if you move or transfer unless your
> > parent or guardian has a corresponding change
> in
> > physical address.
> >
> >
>
> > 42.pdf
> >
> > PM 28A-7-1 (1) TRANSFER RULE/Move Requirement
> > (1-71)-A student who moves
> > from one school to another with no move on the
> > part of his parents is ineligible. This student
> > can become eligible immediately when his
> parents
> > move to the zone served by the student’s new
> > school."
>
>
> I love the way you quote the rule, BUT not the 3
> pages of exceptions to the rule in the same book.
> School Districts set the rules for transfers and
> their eligibility, read the book again! Where it
> says Districts, that means School Districts, again
> sounds like you are just ignorant of the facts.
>
> You are also not very observant, I said "other
> Chesapeake schools" Ocean Lakes is from Virginia
> Beach. Oscar Smith is from Chesapeake, again get
> your facts straight before you challenge the
> Truthteller. Bring that weak ass shit in here
> again and I will slap it back in your face, AGAIN.

---------------------
Truthteller: you are wrong again and must be some kind of idiot. I read the entire rules he cited and his post is accurate about transfers. You got caught with your weak and unsubstantiated BS. You haven't cited any examples of illegal transfers anywhere just weak ass smack talk that is stuck in the 1990s before the rule changes. My school played the ER teams most years and we did ok--and you don't hear us crying like you are. Man up, let people play FB and shut up unless you can cite ONE example. That's how all this started--your BS that you can't back up about people cheating.

Date: November 29, 2013 10:40AM

Truthteller: Everybody knows that Smith dominates Chesapeake -- but your earlier posts also alleged cheating at the beach, too. Like OneSBFan posted, read all of the rules and then cite ONE example of a transfer that was illegal or otherwise makes your point. You haven't because you can't since the big cleanup 10 years ago. Your BS is so weak--maybe you should learn more about O. SMITH's tough offseason training program and how VHSL looked at it a few years but decided not to make rule changes to restrict it. That school has had a tough time lately, including with one of its JV players passing away at practice last year. The players work hard and you do them all a disservice with your BS. Some are there because their parents serve in the military. You dishonor them all with your vague allegations of cheating. What a low life...

Posted by: idiots! ()
Date: November 29, 2013 10:59AM

Hopefully, you people will find something more productive to do instead of watching a bunch of niggers run up and down a field all day long.
Somehow, I doubt it!

Date: November 29, 2013 11:46AM

OneSBFan Wrote:
> The Truthteller Wrote:
> -----
> > SECEAST Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Truthteller:
> > >
> > > You are SO wrong about which rules determine
> > > player eligibility after a move or transfer.
> > Read
> > > VHSL's handbook (link below). Its rules
> > determine
> > > whether a student who transfers or moves is
> > > eligible to play VHSL football. Each district
> > > decides whether to allow the transfer, but
> not
> > > whether a player can play. Even VHSL's waiver
> > > provisions now specifically restrict
> transfers
> > for
> > > sports. You also posted that Smith beats all
> > the
> > > other beach schools soundly, but didn’t
> know
> > > that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last year’s
> > > playoffs. How could you not know that? Seems
> > like
> > > your posts are stuck in the mid-1990s before
> > the
> > > VHSL cleanups on transfers/recruiting in 1998
> > and
> > > following. Read rules 28A-7-1 and 28-7-1(1),
> > > making it perfectly clear that you are not
> > > eligible if you move or transfer unless your
> > > parent or guardian has a corresponding change
> > in
> > > physical address.
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > 42.pdf
> > >
> > > PM 28A-7-1 (1) TRANSFER RULE/Move Requirement
> > > (1-71)-A student who moves
> > > from one school to another with no move on
> the
> > > part of his parents is ineligible. This
> student
> > > can become eligible immediately when his
> > parents
> > > move to the zone served by the student’s
> new
> > > school."
> >
> >
> > I love the way you quote the rule, BUT not the
> 3
> > pages of exceptions to the rule in the same
> book.
> > School Districts set the rules for transfers
> and
> > their eligibility, read the book again! Where
> it
> > says Districts, that means School Districts,
> again
> > sounds like you are just ignorant of the facts.
>
> >
> > You are also not very observant, I said "other
> > Chesapeake schools" Ocean Lakes is from
> Virginia
> > Beach. Oscar Smith is from Chesapeake, again
> get
> > your facts straight before you challenge the
> > Truthteller. Bring that weak ass shit in here
> > again and I will slap it back in your face,
> AGAIN.
>
> ---------------------
> Truthteller: you are wrong again and must be some
> kind of idiot. I read the entire rules he cited
> and his post is accurate about transfers. You got
> caught with your weak and unsubstantiated BS. You
> haven't cited any examples of illegal transfers
> anywhere just weak ass smack talk that is stuck in
> the 1990s before the rule changes. My school
> played the ER teams most years and we did ok--and
> you don't hear us crying like you are. Man up, let
> people play FB and shut up unless you can cite ONE
> example. That's how all this started--your BS that
> you can't back up about people cheating.

You know I was going to give you guys the benefit of doubt that you were just ignorant of the facts, BUT you keep coming back with your weak ass shit, trying to call out the Truthteller! You are obviously just liars! who are now trying to bring pity into play with some Bullshit about kids of military playing for Smith. Nigga Please!

See the below quoted directly from the VHSL handbook. These are just a few of the exceptions to the Transfer rule! There are pages and pages of exceptions where someone can work to exempt the limp dick VHSL on enforcement of their rule. You continue to get abused with your own rulebook, I feel like the older brother holding your hand and hitting you in the face, while ridiculing you with "STOP HITTING YOURSELF!" STOP HITTING YOURSELF!"

LOL!! PATHETIC

(7) A school board or division superintendent may transfer a student, by name,
within the school division without affecting that student’s eligibility by specifically granting a waiver of the Transfer Rule (28A-7-1). Such waivers should be considered for the welfare of the student and/or school system and not for athletic and/or activity purposes. The Master Eligibility List of all teams which have students who have been so waived shall reference the
specific school board minutes or written documentation granting the waiver

(5) A student entering the eighth grade for the first time becomes immediately eligible in the high school in which he/she enrolls regardless of his or her residence status. A student entering the ninth grade for the first time becomes immediately eligible in the high school in which he/she enrolls regardless of his or her residence status.

(1) A student shall become eligible for interscholastic competition after he/she has been enrolled in the school for 365 consecutive calendar days. Exception: If a student transfers during the summer and remains ineligible for the entire subsequent school year, he/she would become eligible beginning with the fall season of the following academic year.

Date: November 29, 2013 12:05PM

“Truthteller,” your posts include some key errors, as other posters have noted. Here are 2 other examples, both of which affect the credibility of your assertions that the schools in question have unfair advantage and that VHSL does not determine who is eligible to play:

1) You post that the districts themselves decide the eligibility of tranfsers and move-ins to play football. That is WRONG. See page 11 of the “Chesapeake Public Schools Athletic Handbook for High School Athletes and Parents, 2013-2014 edition:

“All participants in VHSL-sanctioned activities must meet individual eligibility requirements in Section 28 of the Virginia High School League Inc. Handbook. “
http://www.cpschools.com/departments/student_services/athletichandbook_highschool2013.pdf

You have the link to rule 28. Every district allows transfers, including for programs such as Smith’s IB—just like we have here. With the big Capital Improvement Program (CIP) in place for schools down there, the district is re-zoning, shuffling students around, and grouping students to reduce costs and better use existing classroom space. Gone are the days of liberal transfers. This info has been reported for a few years now. Google and www.cpschools.com probably have more on CIP if you are interested.

2) You also post that the “Chesapeake school system allows kids to go to any school as long as they provide their own transportation. That is not true. In fact, the district has a form people can use to report -of-zone students? Here’s the link:
http://www.cpschools.com/departments/student_services/report_outofzone.php.

Furthermore, here’s a quote from the district’s handbook, including its statement that falsification is a crime: “Chesapeake students are expected to attend the schools zoned for their residence.”

Then the handbook continues with this warning:
Ҥ22.1-264.1; Misdemeanor to make false statements as to school division
or attendance zone residency; penalty:
Any person who knowingly makes a false statement concerning the residency of a child,
as determined by §22.1-3, in particular school division or school attendance zone, for the
purpose of (i) avoiding the tuition charges authorized by §221-5 or (ii) enrollment in a
school outside the attendance zone in which the student resides, shall be guilty of a Class
4 misdemeanor. “
http://www.cpschools.com/departments/student_services/enrollment_packet/Page%2002%20CHESAPEAKE%20PUBLIC%20SCHOOLS%20ENROLLMENT%20INFORMATI0N%20-2012.pdf.

Sports-related transfers have been severely restricted with the VHSL changes to rule 28, including that sports can’t be a factor in the transfer if the player is to remain eligible to play sports such as FB. I “get” that your points about transfers had merit in the 1990s but it’s been cleaned up considerably since then. If you research Smith’s off-season workouts, you’ll see that schools here aren’t the only ones whose players work hard.

Date: November 29, 2013 12:09PM

The Truthteller Wrote:
> OneSBFan Wrote:
> -----
> > The Truthteller Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > SECEAST Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Truthteller:
> > > >
> > > > You are SO wrong about which rules
> determine
> > > > player eligibility after a move or
> transfer.
> > > Read
> > > > VHSL's handbook (link below). Its rules
> > > determine
> > > > whether a student who transfers or moves is
> > > > eligible to play VHSL football. Each
> district
> > > > decides whether to allow the transfer, but
> > not
> > > > whether a player can play. Even VHSL's
> waiver
> > > > provisions now specifically restrict
> > transfers
> > > for
> > > > sports. You also posted that Smith beats
> all
> > > the
> > > > other beach schools soundly, but didn’t
> > know
> > > > that Ocean Lakes beat Smith in last
> year’s
> > > > playoffs. How could you not know that?
> Seems
> > > like
> > > > your posts are stuck in the mid-1990s
> before
> > > the
> > > > VHSL cleanups on transfers/recruiting in
> 1998
> > > and
> > > > following. Read rules 28A-7-1 and
> 28-7-1(1),
> > > > making it perfectly clear that you are not
> > > > eligible if you move or transfer unless
> your
> > > > parent or guardian has a corresponding
> change
> > > in
> > > > physical address.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > 42.pdf
> > > >
> > > > PM 28A-7-1 (1) TRANSFER RULE/Move
> Requirement
> > > > (1-71)-A student who moves
> > > > from one school to another with no move on
> > the
> > > > part of his parents is ineligible. This
> > student
> > > > can become eligible immediately when his
> > > parents
> > > > move to the zone served by the student’s
> > new
> > > > school."
> > >
> > >
> > > I love the way you quote the rule, BUT not
> the
> > 3
> > > pages of exceptions to the rule in the same
> > book.
> > > School Districts set the rules for transfers
> > and
> > > their eligibility, read the book again!
> Where
> > it
> > > says Districts, that means School Districts,
> > again
> > > sounds like you are just ignorant of the
> facts.
> >
> > >
> > > You are also not very observant, I said
> "other
> > > Chesapeake schools" Ocean Lakes is from
> > Virginia
> > > Beach. Oscar Smith is from Chesapeake, again
> > get
> > > your facts straight before you challenge the
> > > Truthteller. Bring that weak ass shit in here
> > > again and I will slap it back in your face,
> > AGAIN.
> >
> > ---------------------
> > Truthteller: you are wrong again and must be
> some
> > kind of idiot. I read the entire rules he cited
> > and his post is accurate about transfers. You
> got
> > caught with your weak and unsubstantiated BS.
> You
> > haven't cited any examples of illegal transfers
> > anywhere just weak ass smack talk that is stuck
> in
> > the 1990s before the rule changes. My school
> > played the ER teams most years and we did
> ok--and
> > you don't hear us crying like you are. Man up,
> let
> > people play FB and shut up unless you can cite
> ONE
> > example. That's how all this started--your BS
> that
> > you can't back up about people cheating.
>
>
>
> You know I was going to give you guys the benefit
> of doubt that you were just ignorant of the facts,
> BUT you keep coming back with your weak ass shit,
> trying to call out the Truthteller! You are
> obviously just liars! who are now trying to bring
> pity into play with some Bullshit about kids of
> military playing for Smith. Nigga Please!
>
> See the below quoted directly from the VHSL
> handbook. These are just a few of the exceptions
> to the Transfer rule! There are pages and pages
> of exceptions where someone can work to exempt the
> limp dick VHSL on enforcement of their rule. You
> continue to get abused with your own rulebook, I
> feel like the older brother holding your hand and
> hitting you in the face, while ridiculing you with
> "STOP HITTING YOURSELF!" STOP HITTING YOURSELF!"
>
>
> LOL!! PATHETIC
>
>
>
> (7) A school board or division superintendent may
> transfer a student, by name,
> within the school division without affecting that
> student’s eligibility by specifically granting a
> waiver of the Transfer Rule (28A-7-1). Such
> waivers should be considered for the welfare of
> the student and/or school system and not for
> athletic and/or activity purposes. The Master
> Eligibility List of all teams which have students
> who have been so waived shall reference the
> specific school board minutes or written
> documentation granting the waiver
>
> (5) A student entering the eighth grade for the
> first time becomes immediately eligible in the
> high school in which he/she enrolls regardless of
> his or her residence status. A student entering
> the ninth grade for the first time becomes
> immediately eligible in the high school in which
> he/she enrolls regardless of his or her residence
> status.
>
>
> (1) A student shall become eligible for
> interscholastic competition after he/she has been
> enrolled in the school for 365 consecutive
> calendar days. Exception: If a student transfers
> during the summer and remains ineligible for the
> entire subsequent school year, he/she would become
> eligible beginning with the fall season of the
> following academic year.

--------------------

Like you posted, subsection 7 states that the waivers can't for "athletic and/or activity" purposes. Your anecdotal info is old and dates back to the 1990s before the cleanups. You're already making excuses for why you don't think whatever team is yours might lose. Every team that has made it this far can play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2013 12:16PM by OneSBFan.

Posted by: Concorde longtime ()
Date: November 29, 2013 12:28PM

Date: November 27, 2013 07:58PM

mysteriomaco Wrote:
> Concerned Parents, there is rampant recruiting and
> transferring and stacking of teams down in
> Tidewater area. Bunch of BS that VHSL should
> stop.

[See posts above re what mythology these claims are. Concerned parents saw the NR champs of the last 2 years (Oakton and C'Ville) get crushed by teams from the CR and NR and so we have the complaints. No complaints in years this region wins, only rants against LC schools on here. "Rampant recruiting and transferring" is comical. Again, see above posts and go see how many teams in the East can play. The talent is too dispersed to support these BS claims.]

As an Oakton fan, we had no problem with LC Bird last year. They beat us fair and square, and if we played them 10 times, we would have been lucky to win once. They were bigger and stronger, and if we had Chris Durant (our all-State left tackle) playing in the game (he hurt his knee against WF in the Northern Region final), perhaps we could have had one more score. Either way, the result would have been the same.

Our beef with LC, and I suspect it's the same with the Beach teams in the ER, is they talked a lot of trash (called the majority-white Oakton team a bunch of "crackers" and referred to several linemen as "bleach"), and were essentially a bunch of cheap shot artists - crack back blocks, hits below the knees, late hits, helmet to helmet hits, etc. Not sure if the LC players were coached to do that, or if they did that on their own, but suffice to say, it was difficult to watch. The NR teams (perhaps with a few exceptions) just don't resort to such tactics.

Pages: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.